Guru.com

3.3

Guru provides businesses with the tools to find and hire talented freelancers all over the world and offers freelancers the opportunity to market sought-after skills to a global audience for a minimal cost.

Work for Guru.com?

Learning about Guru.com?

Guru.com Reviews

Ask Guru.com a Question
Showing 12 Guru.com reviews
Guru.com review by Joline B.
Joline B.

"High-quality performance of paid work"

What do you like best?

Guru allows you to find a performer for your work. I have not once used the services of freelancers on this site. I'm comfortable working there and with the help of feedback, I can find the best performer who will do everything qualitatively and quickly.

What do you dislike?

My work has been done repeatedly qualitatively by the Guru so I have no reason to complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my work, I often used other sites with a search for freelancers and nothing is comparable to what people can do in Guru. if you want your order to be done quickly and efficiently, you should try it out.

If you can't do the work yourself, you can find a freelancer who will do it for you. Guru helped me find a designer who made a quality logo for my site. Also, with their services, sales on my website were improved and advertising became more effective for attracting customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guru.com
Guru.com review by Sophia B.
Sophia B.

"More fun with Guru"

What do you like best?

I am very grateful to the Guru.com for helping me find a remote project work when I really needed it. Also Guru allows me to post jobs that I hire for. It is very convenient to see feedbacks about the performer and his proven skills

What do you dislike?

I'm not complaining about that software ever. I don't have anything bad to say because this service is wonderful. More good thing it's just to start work with and then you will get all points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The hiring operation on Guru is easy, and every freelancer I have worked with was highly professional. I sure I were more than lucky. I recommend Guru.com to choose as main freelance service.

The more important that at work I feel much safe and secure when meeting new clients on Guru. I've also been able to improve my skills working with different projects.

What Freelance Platforms solution do you use?

Guru.com review by User

"Guru para trabajar como Freelance"

What do you like best?

Guru ofrece muchas herramientas y elementos para facilitar el recibir una tarea completa y asegurar la máxima calidad de tus encargos. Añadir que su software especial de gestión de tiempo permite a los clientes controlar la actividad del freelancer durante los contratos por horas. Por lo tanto los clientes pueden estar en todo momento informados del tiempo que les dedicas, eso a la hora de conseguir buenos y mayores clientes me parece muy positivo. La seccion de preguntas frecuentes en la parte de "soporte" es muy completa.

What do you dislike?

Es una página que se centra en los freelancers mas profesionales y no tanto en los principiantes, quizás eso sea uno de los motivos por los que su precio puede llegar a ser bastante alto si tus ingresos no son del todo altos, sobretodo cuando comienzas a trabajar como Freelance. Quizás los emoticonos que aparecen a la hora de comunicarte no sean tampoco muy profesionales. No tiene soporte de chat en directo y hoy en día resulta esencial para poder resolver problemas con la mayor rapidez.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru es una web de freelancers que ofrece muchas ventajas y mecanismos a prueba de fallos para la contratación de freelancers. El nivel de competencia de los freelancers y la experiencia del usuario al usar las herramientas de la web son muy satisfactorias. Esta plataforma es muy recomendable.

Las funciones de búsqueda son sencillamente impresionantes, permitiéndote buscar y filtrar trabajos publicados y perfiles de freelancers fácilmente.

Guru.com review by Gabriel D.
Gabriel D.

"Just another freelance service, but overall good"

What do you like best?

I've been working with this service for about a month. Quite quickly understood the functions and all processes. it seems to be all right. The advantages include a good thoughtfulness of the service in various small things. Also on my topic there is a lot of new jobs every day and it pleases.

What do you dislike?

Competition. Competition is very cruel and a beginner like me should really try to get you selected. For this you have to spend a lot more time than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to write about yourself as more as possible in bid. And good luck!

With the help of this service I'm looking for a part time job and project basis work. I already have several orders on which I work. I hope all be fine.

Guru.com review by User

"Bad Experiences All the way Around"

What do you like best?

A lot of freelancers available and they did have great customer support.Problem is you can't vet freelancers very well or prove who they are. We did our best to vet them but we still had poor outcomes with everyone except one. I do not give them a good grade, not even the A this forum is giving. Guru's are not reliable despite high ratings or earnings - doing research still doesn't guarantee a good job. And other Guru's did half the job or disappeared altogether. Thought we had a great one, but he vanished mid-job. I'm not going to recommend them at all. They need to offer some sort of avenue for employers to recoup losses other than paying more money for arbitration. Ridiculous. And if they rule in your favor, still no guarantee you'll be reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to vet freelancers better and have the option to edit feedback. Have better options for Customers who employ. Stop charging for every little thing. 2-3% for paying someone, then if you withdraw your money another charge, if someone refunds you, another charge. Give me a break. Positive note, no monthly fees..

None, it only created more problems and more cost. We moved over to UpWork.

Guru.com review by User

"Certainly not a trusted provider"

What do you like best?

Years ago they had a better process to protect business owners. Now they only protect the freelancers.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a good dispute resolution system. They do not enforce the right way to do business. I have never used them again. I spent over 5k and the developer took over 4 years to complete the work. I escalated the issue to Guru.com and they did nothing to help me. They took forever to respond, as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better companies that protect both sides of the transaction. You should seek them and don't do business with Guru.com

They don't provide any help. They just say it's between the buyer and freelancer. That means no guarantee if things go wrong. Also, they don't have the top developers in the world.

Guru.com review by Esmitt R.
Esmitt R.

"Mainly, a freelancer site for IT guys in specific task"

What do you like best?

At Guru.com you deal with the professional service providers (obviously there are irresponsible/liar guys, but that happen everywhere!).

Guru allows working with professional employers and employees. Costs are not cheap, but it worth for the quality of the service. The majority of the work are focus to IT, Web and Software development/support.

As employer, you can post a particular task in your project, and probably get an expert guy only on this field.

As employee, you can get a perfect match with your skills in a particular project getting a good payment.

What do you dislike?

There is no diversity on jobs: employers find an expert on a topic, then sometimes can be difficult be the "winner" of a job due that could be another guy with more credential than you, in an expertise field.

The response time is longer than other cheaper options such as Freelancer.com.

Also, the number of jobs for for Design, Art & Multimedia, Sales & Marketing, Writing & Translation, Engineering & Architecture, Admin Support, Management & Finance and Legal are less than any IT-related.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in IT/Web/Software world, and you work as freelancer, you need to open an account on this webpage. Probably, you found a proper job for your skills.

If you work in a middle/small size company, maybe a little help do not be bad to solve your "operational" issues :-)

As employer:

A perfect fit for a specific job in Software development.

As employee:

A good payment for your day-to-day labor as developer.

Guru.com review by Murriam M.
Murriam M.

"Freedom to freelance"

What do you like best?

I love the transparency of this website. It's definitely professionally designed and allows to set up contract before a job is accepted.

What do you dislike?

You can never verify if the job is legitimate. Also, way too much competition:(

I'm keeping my skills in practice and learn about new business demands

Guru.com review by John H.
John H.

"Best freelancer platform"

What do you like best?

This is my favorite and long-time used freelancer platform for digital marketing and SEO projects.

What do you dislike?

There is some disparity in the payment process that causes some arrangements to go south where no other problems exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to incorporate as much information about the different services that you offer. It works very well to setup your portfolio questions with commonly asked questions so you can apply to many jobs quickly.

I have been able to build a large book of business through this platform and would recommend it to any freelancer, new or old.

Guru.com review by User in Internet

"Hasn't helped me thus far"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of being able to look for and bid on freelance projects through platforms like these. It's easy to get set up; it's free to join and the site is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I have had far more success with other similar websites. I just don't find that there are very many legitimate buyers on this website. I have had an account for years and have found very few jobs that I want to bid on and have not yet been hired for anything. Meanwhile, I have earned a sustainable living through other websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do research and enroll in other platforms as well instead of relying solely on Guru.com.

I have not yet realized any benefits from using this website.

Guru.com review by Heather H.
Heather H.

"Freelance Work At It's Best"

What do you like best?

The website is easy to navigate. There are plenty of jobs based on your skill set and it is easy to apply for them.

What do you dislike?

They ask you to upgrade your account to basically have your application stand out ahead of the others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend a few bucks just so you can maximize your application's potential.

Guru allows me to find freelance work. It also allows me to post jobs that I hire for.

Guru.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Not for me."

What do you like best?

Guru.com has a lot of job opportunities for freelancers. The layout of the website is intuitive and has a great user experience.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of jobs I found relevant, however, the application process for the individual jobs was not worth the amount of money the jobs rewarded in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the motivation and dedication to put in time for projects, you can be very successful.

I created an account on Guru to look for freelancing opportunities.

Learning about Guru.com?

* We monitor all Guru.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.