Guru

Guru

Guru is reinventing knowledge sharing, providing verified information from experts on your team: where you work and when you need it most.

Work for Guru?

Learning about Guru?

Guru Reviews

Ask Guru a Question
Showing 343 Guru reviews
Guru review by <span>Kayla B.</span>
Kayla B.

Great knowledge at your fingertips

What do you like best?

Guru is a lifesaver for quickly looking up information day to day while supporting customers. It makes it very easy to access step by step information to help guide through specific processes/procedures, and the search functionality is easy to navigate and narrow down. One of my favourite features in the extension is that it will leave up whatever you were looking at if you need to momentarily close it to check information on the page behind, so you don't lose your work.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to section my own favourited cards further; it would be helpful to be able to set up my own categories for quick reference within my favourited cards for easy/fast browsing without needing to remember an exact search term or replicate an initial search to find it. Additionally, having a "recently viewed" section would be very helpful to quick re-finding.

Allows me to access internal information on a large scale across multiple departments in the company. Able to quickly search through to find information while helping customers live, which cuts down on research times during the interaction, and speeds up resolution times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guru
Guru review by <span>Mathew M.</span>
Mathew M.

Guru is an excellent program.

What do you like best?

How easy, fast, and convenient it is to get the answers you need to do your job. The flexibility and sharing functions are awesome too.

What do you dislike?

Often, when using a hotkey to access the app, there can be issues with the curser not inserting automatically in the search bar (or perhaps this is triggered by selecting a hotkey and subsequently accidentally hitting another key)... but it seems that very frequently, I access the app using a hotkey shortcut and then the curser is not sitting in the search bar so I'm forced to move my mouse over to the bar to insert it. Small problem, yes, but it's tedious when it's happening many times per day in an application that is designed to simplify quick information queries and save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will certainly benefit your employees.

Helping entrepreneurs solve problems with their business and on their web stores. It has allowed me to more efficiently and accurately help my clients, while reducing stress for me and my coworkers.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Guru review by <span>Thameem Ulla K.</span>
Thameem Ulla K.

Create efficient sellers via contextual knowledge sharing, reduce bottlenecks & sales cycle

What do you like best?

"Guru" is a term of endearment used in southeast Asia for someone who is knowledgeable and is willing to teach and share his/her knowledge. In every organization, there are individuals/groups who love to share their knowledge but struggle to find a medium. Guru solves this problem by providing a simplistic yet robust way to create/store/share and mine the content. The concept of collections, boards, cards with the color coding and tags, allows you to manage content in an intuitive manner. Guru’s APIs and the slack bot enables you to share the content within any application and the SaaS offering makes it readily available anytime, anywhere. And, finally, the "context" based searching is a game changer. Guru constantly learns from the searches and recommends cards based on the browser content. In an era where companies are trying to find how to use AI/ML to provide value to their customers. Guru has already shown its thought leadership by utilizing AI/ML techniques.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more maturity with their apis especially around analytics. More Graph/UI based approach to analytics will help in deeper understanding about how knowledge is imparted in the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AI/ML functionality in Guru is phenomenal and is going to be a game changer.

The biggest business problem that we are solving with Guru, is the availability of knowledge in an accurate and timely manner. Guru has reduced the email clutter and our sales team no longer feels there is a bottleneck for finding answers or getting access to experts. This has resulted in shorter sales cycle (which converts to revenue). Our sales engineering team lives on slack and the guru slack app makes it very easy to share and create knowledge. The guru slack bot enables us to use slack as our official communication channel and Guru as our knowledge base.

Guru review by <span>James T.</span>
James T.

Easiest way to get trusted information quickly - and it's not even close.

What do you like best?

As a sales person I have a few opportunities to stand out from the competition in every deal I'm working. One of those areas is process. How quickly can I get my customer an answer? How accurate is that information? How easily consumable is it? When was it last updated and who updated it?

Guru allows me to confidently address client needs (from basic product questions to complex security and infrastructure questions) completely on the fly. The Chrome plugin works flawlessly and I can - in a matter of seconds - answer questions that would otherwise slow down my sales process. I pride myself on being hyper-responsive to my client's needs and I don't know of another piece of technology our company uses that so directly enables me to do so.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. The tool over-delivers in every measurable capacity.

Trusted data from our most knowledgeable team members, continually updated and immediately accessible from anywhere.

I stopped going to Google Docs/Sharepoint/CRM Libraries/etc. Everything I need on a day-to-day basis as it pertains to information I need to be effective in my role is handled from within Guru.

Guru review by <span>Timothy B.</span>
Timothy B.

Knowledge Base At Its Best

What do you like best?

Slack Integration: Being able to send a card directly from slack is what put Guru far above the competition. Our company uses slack as our main form of communication and Guru has taken that to the next level through this integration.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would change: Have the option to sort the cards alphabetically on the board view. However, we primarily use the search feature for knowledge databases, so the alphabetical sort is just a bonus for my OCD side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the Trial and be sure to connect guru with slack if you use it.

The built-in verification feature has saved our knowledge base from becoming stale (again). We used to use a company wiki, but the information would almost always be out of date. Now, with Guru, we are able to keep ALL information up to date since Guru notifies us that a document is up for review. This feature is a life saver!

Guru review by <span>Tripp T.</span>
Tripp T.

The Perfect Knowledge Management Tool

What do you like best?

The ability to choose how I want to work with Guru sets it apart from many other knowledge management tools I've worked with in the past. I can go to their site, I can query a Chrome extension, I can talk to it in Slack and even integrate it into a team Slack channel so we can all learn together from Guru

What do you dislike?

How often our CMO talks about it because he likes it so much. He never stops because it is so good and he drives me insane.

Recommendations to others considering the product

best app for integrating with slack and and finding content needed quick and on the fly.

By having Guru as the central source of knowledge it means that we can specifically go to one location, without having to search through several sources of information. That means that at any point information needs to be found I only need to go to one location, instead of multiple.

Learn more about Guru

Guru Videos

Learning about Guru?

* We monitor all Guru reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.