Guru

Guru

Guru is reinventing knowledge sharing, providing verified information from experts on your team: where you work and when you need it most.

Work for Guru?

Learning about Guru?

Guru Reviews

Ask Guru a Question
Showing 402 Guru reviews
Guru review by <span>Kevin D.</span>
Kevin D.

"Get your team's knowledge out of their heads & into one easy to access place to benefit the team"

What do you like best?

Guru makes it easy to create knowledge base content right where you spend a lot of your time -- in your web browser! Also makes it so easy to search and find content to allow you to quickly answer questions on the fly, whether answering an internal question, or on the phone with a client.

What do you dislike?

Some hotkey issues with an app running in browser window when trying to create a card, but Guru CS was responsive and worked to resolve. Overall not much to not like for basic functionality.

We have a growing department with new members being added. Departmental history was in the heads of a few employees and who were answering the same questions. Guru has allowed us to get the knowledge out of their heads and into a place where all employees can access, which has made the team more efficient. Also, it's helped with on-boarding new employees, as they spend time in Guru as part of their on-boarding to ramp more quickly and start adding value sooner by finding answers to common questions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guru
Guru review by <span>Sean L.</span>
Sean L.

"Helpful to stay organized as we grow"

What do you like best?

Our goal in starting to use Guru was to come closer to a "single source of truth" for user communications/templates and process/how-to documentation, for our customer-facing teams to take advantage of. Guru has allowed us to maintain our sanity by always knowing where the most up-to-date version of something is, and cuts down on time searching for internal resources and templates. We use it to share copy via Slack a lot, pretty smooth integration there. The Guru team has also been responsive with requests and questions from us, which is a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

There have been some minor formatting and editing challenges with cards in the past, but for the most part, the main challenge is on our end - making sure verifiers have accountability and time to consistently review content and how-to's in Guru.

We are mainly solving internal efficiency challenges for our customer-facing teams. Guru enables agents to quickly pull up or share how-to documentation and templates as needed, and has saved us time previously spent organizing/updating templates stored in many different places (CRM, Gmail, Google Docs etc).

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Guru review by <span>Julie K.</span>
Julie K.

"Guru is the shared stack of virtual sticky notes for our team!"

What do you like best?

I love that Guru lives where I live - in the web browser. I don't have to go to a different app or even a different tab. It's right there when I need it making it easy to both get information and add information.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that sometimes I wish I could move the Guru cards around the screen so I could see the question I'm trying to answer as well as the information that the Guru card contains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru's cards and verification system solved the two biggest problems for us: 1) taking us out of our workflow and 2) out-of-date information. It took me 5 minutes to realize that Guru understood where the support staff lived and what their challenges were - and solved those problems.

Our support team is answering tickets more quickly with more confidence and less "shoulder tapping" of each other and our development team. Plus Guru gives us a quick and easy way to make sure our information is up to date!

Guru review by <span>Amara O.</span>
Amara O.

"Nimble Knowledge Base for Teams Doing Lots of Different Things"

What do you like best?

I like that you can pull knowledge from Slack very easily and just post it in the channel. I also like that I can write Guru cards right from my browser with the Chrome extension.

It's very easy to document and write up processes and knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The permissions and groups are a bit confusing and weird. I can't share cards or information outside of my organization. Like if we document something that clients ask us all the time... we can't just share a link to the card. :/

It would be great if that were the case, because then I can include/embed the guru card in internal emails, or to clients.

Quick and easy reference to everyday processes and knowledge that needs to be shared. All in one place, that can easily be searched, without having to access/open another program. Love the validation reminders. That's really great.

Also, we have a lot of people who work outside of our organization on things, so in Slack, I can post the overview of the information which is nice.

Guru review by <span>Collin C.</span>
Collin C.

"Eases the pain of getting information across a support team"

What do you like best?

Guru is easy to access from a browser extension or Slack integration. Our agents can search for information from anywhere, and it's easy to turn a search into a question if the knowledge doesn't already exist. Notifications of new questions quickly go out to more experienced members of the team, who are able to reply (including with an existing card.) Outdated knowledge is identified as such, and users can request that information is re-verified.

What do you dislike?

If anything, it's made agents too dependent on the tool. It's so easy to ask questions that agents fall back on it readily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch 100% from the get-go. Get as many questions as possible into Guru, even if the answers exist in other documentation. Its usefulness scales with the content it contains, obviously.

We're using Guru to maintain product knowledge for support, success, and sales teams. It's streamlined the process of checking documentation and asking questions.

Guru review by <span>Kristen H.</span>
Kristen H.

"Guru Enables our Entire Team to Literally Do Their Jobs"

What do you like best?

Guru is simply the easiest, most straightforward way to get information. I can access the browser extension from any page, letting me review information while I'm writing e-mails, viewing our company's products, or checking out an agency website. The ability to recall information instantly is invaluable to me. Knowing that the information is always up-to-date is icing on the cake.

What do you dislike?

There are a few tech kinks that still need to be worked out. That said, the Guru staff is very friendly, highly communicative, and always open for feedback. I'm grateful and in awe that we've seen many wished-for improvements already implemented into the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pilot process was hugely helpful in figuring out how we needed to organize information in order for a successful implementation.

One of the many challenges we face as we continue to grow has been the dissemination of information. Whether it's product content or knowledge about our company policies and procedures, it's hard to keep a healthy database of knowledge when information rapidly changes. With Guru, we're able to automatically verify updates when notified, direct questions through the proper channels, and link various portals of information into one platform. What began as a pilot between two departments quickly expanded to our entire company, saving content creators time and letting individuals access the information they need, when they need it.

Guru review by <span>Kayla B.</span>
Kayla B.

"Great knowledge at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Guru is a lifesaver for quickly looking up information day to day while supporting customers. It makes it very easy to access step by step information to help guide through specific processes/procedures, and the search functionality is easy to navigate and narrow down. One of my favourite features in the extension is that it will leave up whatever you were looking at if you need to momentarily close it to check information on the page behind, so you don't lose your work.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to section my own favourited cards further; it would be helpful to be able to set up my own categories for quick reference within my favourited cards for easy/fast browsing without needing to remember an exact search term or replicate an initial search to find it. Additionally, having a "recently viewed" section would be very helpful to quick re-finding.

Allows me to access internal information on a large scale across multiple departments in the company. Able to quickly search through to find information while helping customers live, which cuts down on research times during the interaction, and speeds up resolution times.

Guru review by <span>Mathew M.</span>
Mathew M.

"Guru is an excellent program."

What do you like best?

How easy, fast, and convenient it is to get the answers you need to do your job. The flexibility and sharing functions are awesome too.

What do you dislike?

Often, when using a hotkey to access the app, there can be issues with the curser not inserting automatically in the search bar (or perhaps this is triggered by selecting a hotkey and subsequently accidentally hitting another key)... but it seems that very frequently, I access the app using a hotkey shortcut and then the curser is not sitting in the search bar so I'm forced to move my mouse over to the bar to insert it. Small problem, yes, but it's tedious when it's happening many times per day in an application that is designed to simplify quick information queries and save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will certainly benefit your employees.

Helping entrepreneurs solve problems with their business and on their web stores. It has allowed me to more efficiently and accurately help my clients, while reducing stress for me and my coworkers.

Guru review by <span>Thameem Ulla K.</span>
Thameem Ulla K.

"Create efficient sellers via contextual knowledge sharing, reduce bottlenecks & sales cycle"

What do you like best?

"Guru" is a term of endearment used in southeast Asia for someone who is knowledgeable and is willing to teach and share his/her knowledge. In every organization, there are individuals/groups who love to share their knowledge but struggle to find a medium. Guru solves this problem by providing a simplistic yet robust way to create/store/share and mine the content. The concept of collections, boards, cards with the color coding and tags, allows you to manage content in an intuitive manner. Guru’s APIs and the slack bot enables you to share the content within any application and the SaaS offering makes it readily available anytime, anywhere. And, finally, the "context" based searching is a game changer. Guru constantly learns from the searches and recommends cards based on the browser content. In an era where companies are trying to find how to use AI/ML to provide value to their customers. Guru has already shown its thought leadership by utilizing AI/ML techniques.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more maturity with their apis especially around analytics. More Graph/UI based approach to analytics will help in deeper understanding about how knowledge is imparted in the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AI/ML functionality in Guru is phenomenal and is going to be a game changer.

The biggest business problem that we are solving with Guru, is the availability of knowledge in an accurate and timely manner. Guru has reduced the email clutter and our sales team no longer feels there is a bottleneck for finding answers or getting access to experts. This has resulted in shorter sales cycle (which converts to revenue). Our sales engineering team lives on slack and the guru slack app makes it very easy to share and create knowledge. The guru slack bot enables us to use slack as our official communication channel and Guru as our knowledge base.

Guru review by <span>James T.</span>
James T.

"Easiest way to get trusted information quickly - and it's not even close. "

What do you like best?

As a sales person I have a few opportunities to stand out from the competition in every deal I'm working. One of those areas is process. How quickly can I get my customer an answer? How accurate is that information? How easily consumable is it? When was it last updated and who updated it?

Guru allows me to confidently address client needs (from basic product questions to complex security and infrastructure questions) completely on the fly. The Chrome plugin works flawlessly and I can - in a matter of seconds - answer questions that would otherwise slow down my sales process. I pride myself on being hyper-responsive to my client's needs and I don't know of another piece of technology our company uses that so directly enables me to do so.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. The tool over-delivers in every measurable capacity.

Trusted data from our most knowledgeable team members, continually updated and immediately accessible from anywhere.

I stopped going to Google Docs/Sharepoint/CRM Libraries/etc. Everything I need on a day-to-day basis as it pertains to information I need to be effective in my role is handled from within Guru.

Guru review by <span>Timothy B.</span>
Timothy B.

"Knowledge Base At Its Best"

What do you like best?

Slack Integration: Being able to send a card directly from slack is what put Guru far above the competition. Our company uses slack as our main form of communication and Guru has taken that to the next level through this integration.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would change: Have the option to sort the cards alphabetically on the board view. However, we primarily use the search feature for knowledge databases, so the alphabetical sort is just a bonus for my OCD side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the Trial and be sure to connect guru with slack if you use it.

The built-in verification feature has saved our knowledge base from becoming stale (again). We used to use a company wiki, but the information would almost always be out of date. Now, with Guru, we are able to keep ALL information up to date since Guru notifies us that a document is up for review. This feature is a life saver!

Guru review by <span>Tripp T.</span>
Tripp T.

"The Perfect Knowledge Management Tool"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

How often our CMO talks about it because he likes it so much. He never stops because it is so good and he drives me insane.

Recommendations to others considering the product

best app for integrating with slack and and finding content needed quick and on the fly.

By having Guru as the central source of knowledge it means that we can specifically go to one location, without having to search through several sources of information. That means that at any point information needs to be found I only need to go to one location, instead of multiple.

Guru review by <span>Maria Angelica C.</span>
Maria Angelica C.

"The best Knowledge Management tool for companies"

What do you like best?

Guru is so user friendly that allows any kind of employee (digital person and the ones who aren't) from our company to connect our knowledge between departments.

Also, the integration with Slack is perfect for our company of remote workers because is hard for us to connect between co-workers, specially when everyone is from everywhere, so, we save a lot of time just uploading the formats, process, reports, way of works, etc, so that way everyone knows how to get the things done easily.

What do you dislike?

I think for now, Guru has been working perfectly for our needs as a remote business company having people all around the world.

One of the thing for improvement is the organization of cards, specially when the amount is a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the best knowledge management platform for every kind of company, specially if you work with remote workers

The knowledge management for a remote business company, having people in different countries is a lot of confusion for some employees understand the main goals from every department without knowing everybody.

With Guru we found a way to connect the knowledge from everyone in an organized way, and not having a lot of docs in every cloud service.

Guru review by <span>Rebecca W.</span>
Rebecca W.

"Awesome Knowledge-sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

Guru is amazing for anything you would want to "Google" internally at work. For example: What is the expected behavior of this feature? How do I work around this known issue? What is this acronym I keep hearing? Instead of clicking on and perusing dozens of documents in a file share, SharePoint site, or Dropbox, you can type some keywords and find vetted results in the form of quick, easy "cards." The Chrome extension makes this extra convenient.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to see the author and timestamp of each card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the Chrome extension. Also, set it up to surface results in Slack.

We had a lot of scattered/tribal knowledge living in different systems and people's heads. Guru has simplified the process of looking up information about product functionality, business initiatives, nuances of our office culture, and more. It is our new single source of truth.

Guru review by <span>Jaleel M.</span>
Jaleel M.

"Guru has centralized so much of our knowledge and become the one stop shop our ramp"

What do you like best?

We've created a ramp plan on a single card and connected that card to various associated cards throughout our Guru universe. Guru has become an interactive scavenger hunt for relevant information, and with some thought, we've been able to curate an onboarding experience that's exciting and unique. Guru is a quintessential piece of the new hire training.

We've also been able to use Guru to store competitive information, core product information and most content related to sales enablement.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not completely intuitive and with an instance full of 1732 cards, it can be a little overwhelming and daunting for folks who are new to Guru.

Before Guru, our tribal knowledge existed everywhere i.e. in our heads, in Google Docs, in notebooks on desk in our product, on our website - literally everywhere. It was time consumptive, and now we're able to access most things from the Chrome plugin.

Guru review by <span>Harrison B.</span>
Harrison B.

"Guru has helped consolidate cross-team education and help alleviate bottlenecks of "who knows what?""

What do you like best?

Honestly, my favorite thing about GURU is how easy it is to use and navigate. I trust the top results based on my query now and have the ability to get in touch with the card editor/creator for real change if I see that it needs updates or correction.

What do you dislike?

Scope and Scale; basically a fancy way of saying that without having an adequate scope for what goes in GURU, how it goes in, and why it goes in, GURU can easily become a sloppy mess of discombobulated knowledge. Fortunately, organization is pretty easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How do you currently have internal knowledge organized? How quickly do you need to scale and communicate internal knowledge? To how many folks?

Problem Statement: How do we as a company organize, communicate, and educate our employees with the best, most up-to-date intel on a variety of topics?

Guru review by <span>Corin M.</span>
Corin M.

"Excellent knowledge management tool , seamless integrations"

What do you like best?

The ability to choose how I want to work with Guru sets it apart from many other knowledge management tools I've worked with in the past. I can go to their site, I can query a Chrome extension, I can talk to it in Slack and even integrate it into a team Slack channel so we can all learn together from Guru... Can't say enough about how great this flexibility is for enabling productivity!

What do you dislike?

I only found one frustration with Guru so far, just one, and it's already been fixed since I discovered it! There was an issue where the text box wasn't visible when adding an expert to a new question you're asking your team through Guru, so it wasn't intuitive that you could tag anyone other than the popular results. I mentioned this to our team Guru liaison, she had a call with a Guru rep the next day, and now it's fixed!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've used previous knowledge management tools and been frustrated, Guru may be your cure. The abilities to designate subject matter experts, verify information, and flag information for review are all central to what makes Guru one of the best tools I've worked with.

Before we'd experimented with various knowledge management tools like Atlassian's Confluence, but none yielded a streamlined flow for storing knowledge AND managing it. The flows in Guru for connecting with your team and constantly improving the quality of your knowledge base are exceedingly intuitive. We're now collaborating in new and more effective ways.

Guru review by <span>Jesse C.</span>
Jesse C.

"Great app for customer service and internal info gathering!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to create content on the fly.

Our team can ask questions of members and then keep the information for internal reference or post the information to the online published site for customer use.

Integrates seamlessly to the guru bot in slack so that searching can be done within slack.

The web-app plugin for searching is an awesome tool for our agents to use for finding information or asking questions.

I searched high and low for a product similar to guru and tried a lot of them to no avail until I found guru. Nothing compares to the ease of use and the ability to post resources for our customers

What do you dislike?

It's a little confusing to navigate and understand how to create the content at first. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the terminology (groups, collections, boards, tags, cards, etc.)

The published site is a little tricky to search

Recommendations to others considering the product

best app for integrating with slack and publishing an easy to edit external faq/wiki for customers

we post our common questions/answers, internal, and external facing technical information for multiple software types. The best part is retaining information from our reps and having a database for those question/answers.

Guru review by <span>Kelsey H.</span>
Kelsey H.

"Documenting all the tribal knowledge with ease and accessibility"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! Guru integrates seamlessly into Slack, so I'm able to see when questions have been asked of me or comments are made on cards I own. Due to how streamlined/how clean the UI is, plus the chrome extension and slackbot, we've seen immediate broad adoption on our sales team and are currently rolling out to our success team.

What do you dislike?

There has been a bit of guess work with functionality, but (admittedly), I'm a remote employee and missed the training that the sales team received, so I was really just poking around and figuring things out myself. After creating a few cards and answering a few Qs I feel very confident... I have few complaints!

Formalizing a knowledge base, minimizing the Q&A run in Slack, the @here and @channel Qs when someone was on a call with a customer or prospect, the repeat questions asked in Slack. It has been really great to shift this conversation into a place where answers are more readily searchable. As we hire new people, this will also be instrumental in ramp and training.

Guru review by <span>Jonathan O.</span>
Jonathan O.

"Guru makes searching through internal docs far easier and manageable."

What do you like best?

The search feature in Guru is really comprehensive. So long as your own documentation is organised sensibly, Guru will always ensure that you get the most relevant article. This is amplified when it comes to the use of tags within the application, allowing you to further filter your search.

The Slack app is also very helpful, giving you the key information from the article within the message, meaning you won't always even need to boot into Guru to get the information you need.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome extension is very useful, but I find that the automatic popup is a bit too small to read through articles properly. I also don't like the way that the cards layer over one another when clicking into different articles from the original article.

Guru review by <span>Claira H.</span>
Claira H.

"Guru is the Best Solution for Fluidity in Internal Documentation"

What do you like best?

Guru has so many areas that make it an intelligent design for internal documentation. The ability to update a verifier on a card allows for information to be accurate by encouraging delegation to those subject matter experts. The delegation of the information goes smoothly with the shnazzy Slack integration and the Google Chrome extension, and makes the workflow change an asset rather than a chore. The app itself is visually appealing, which actually does make a difference when working with information in bulk. Also, the multitude of filters in the Card Manager also makes reworking and redesigning any categorization a big task very manageable.

What do you dislike?

Trying to figure out how to best set up Guru to fit out team took a bit of time to find the right fit and had its own growing pains. It would have been really helpful when getting started to learn some success stories and how other teams have setup Guru to be the efficient and effective tool it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the documentation organization flexible so it can adapt and work as the documentation and team grow. Try to break out your product into areas of expertise and people to own it. Having the Guru manager handle everything gets overwhelming quickly. Focus on how delegation makes your team stronger.

The Handshake Support Team didn't have a method to quickly document or search for internal knowledge on the product, and we found Guru to be a great solution for this. The app itself is simple and allows for a very visually friendly organization method for a large amount of data, and the Google extension and Slack integration were very influential in allowing it to be easily brought to the team workflow. From this we can find gaps in knowledge, needed areas of clarification, and areas to build out to external documentation.

Guru review by <span>Bnonn T.</span>
Bnonn T.

"Guru is indispensable to our agency's and clients' knowledge management"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and attractive, and the content hierarchy forces you to structure information in a way that you often realize later was the best balance between going too deep, and going too flat.

What do you dislike?

When the interface is good, it's really good, but when it is bad it is very frustrating. There are some quirks that are fine once you know them, but there are other things that are just awkward, like the clunky way of creating board collections. I also really wish they had a reseller program as we use Guru for all our clients' knowledge management!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not aware of any system that holds a candle to Guru, and we did some fairly extensive research before committing to it. Imo it's a no-brainer choice.

We use Guru for storing and sharing basically any knowledge that needs to be stored and shared, apart from customer relationship information. We have basically replaced a huge mess of Google docs with an elegant knowledge system that knocks the pants off any wiki (the other option we were considering) and looks super slick when we show it to clients (on the client side, we use it primarily for showcasing our own sales playbook, and for creating sales playbooks).

Guru review by <span>Carol T.</span>
Carol T.

"Pretty convenient to use"

What do you like best?

Guru's great in that it's accessible via a Chrome extension and via Slack. It's literally easier than going through a Google Drive to find documents or bits of informatoin.

What do you dislike?

I hoped it would be more of a data repository. I'm sure it's because I or my team could be leveraging links/documents better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wasn't part of the setup process, but I highly recommend to do something like our team where we have boards and cards tagged accordingly for each department/team.

The Implementation team at SalesLoft has primarily been using Guru like a library. This is where we store onboarding documents for our new hires, training materials, and business process steps that may involve other people at SalesLoft. It's also a great way for us to see materials our Sales team uses.

Guru review by <span>Erin C.</span>
Erin C.

"Great tool for my department but lacks one important thing"

What do you like best?

That cards are easily searchable and can be organized into boards.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to find a way to change the expiration date on previously created cards. If there's a way to do this, it could be made easier to find.

When I first created the bulk of our cards, I set the expiration date to a lower timeline than I would have liked to. I now know that our internal processes don't change often enough to warrant the date I set. Now I have to re-approve cards at a rate I feel is too often.

This is a major reason I've dropped off a bit. Hopefully theres an existing way to change the interval.

Customer service processes and canned responses. Back end admin how to's for our software.

Guru review by <span>Nicole L.</span>
Nicole L.

"I believe that GURU is a very helpful program for assisting me in my job duties. "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the keywords will more than likely pull up the correct document that I am looking for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is the fact that the GURU documents do not have article #'s associated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that key words are utilized to their fullest potential because that is what helps me find the articles that I need to do my job. I would also like to recommend that the use of article #'s would be helpful in researching and validating the use of particular articles.

It provides a program to assist us in assisting the customers that call. This provides a benefit of not having to rely on calling or reaching out to another team member or management to assist us in our calls.

Guru review by <span>Paige K.</span>
Paige K.

"Cool Platform - love the search "

What do you like best?

The Chrome Plug-in/Ad-on. It makes searching for things a cinch. Love that it searches the titles and the content... AND it keeps all the ones I use the most right at my finger tips.

What do you dislike?

The website is a bit bulky sometimes - I don't like having to reassign users/owners to the cards and the sorting can be a bit touchy - but it's not a real complaint, just something I'd like to see improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free - that part is pretty clutch. It has the ability to make cards viewable to the public so you can use them as a FAQ for your users/customers too... but the cost to make a dedicated site from these resources I think is still too high. Will be interesting to see where Guru goes in the coming days

It is a great way to acclimate our new hires really fast. It allows our information to be updated constantly and always the most up to date source. Love that we can put collateral pieces in it so that we can share them across teams within our company.

Guru review by <span>Sharett B.</span>
Sharett B.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

I like that Guru has to be updated and monitored by the organization to ensure all guru cards are up to date, and keep up with changes in an organization.

If a product, procedure, or service updates, the creator of the card is reminded in x amount of days to update the card.

I also like the desktop extension, so that I can easily search a keyword or phrase without having to open another tab on my browser just to explore Guru.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the amount of search results that appear when looking for a topic. Sometimes searching provides an extra amount of results and the results are not at all related to the search term. The search term is sometimes not found anywhere in some of the results.

I am reviewing Guru cards submitted by other employees.

Guru review by <span>Alita M.</span>
Alita M.

"Great Internal Tool"

What do you like best?

I love being able to direct internal questions to one source rather than instructing them to look in several different places hoping the material they need is in one of those spots.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I mainly create content cards for the platform and find it very easy to use.

I'm on the Sales Enablement team and therefore we receive a lot of questions about where to find training materials. We have many different places we could point people in the direction to without exactly knowing if the information they need is going to be there because other teams control them. Guru makes it easy for them to check in one place and get all the materials they may need. Plus, we get a lot fewer questions!

Guru review by <span>Amber H.</span>
Amber H.

"Great Resource for Sharing Information within Your Company"

What do you like best?

Guru makes it very easy to create and share important information within a company. The format is very easy to learn and very intuitive. The Slack integration is the most helpful - we can share cards with other coworkers with just a few keystrokes!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really that I dislike about Guru. Everything is great so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll love it once you try it out - it's so easy to use and looks great too!

We've struggled with the sharing of the most updated information with regard to our products and services within our own company. Many of our information resources were outdated and not centralized so Guru makes this much easier, especially with the validation aspect and ability to review at specific time intervals.

Guru review by <span>Jenni P.</span>
Jenni P.

"Great way to organize bits of info"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to navigate. The integration with Slack is also awesome. And the one time I've had to get support so far, the representative was friendly, informative, and understood what I was saying.

What do you dislike?

The formatting options are very prosumer, and don't give as much flexibility as I'd like. For example, I'm unable to create a code block within a list. Also, I was dissatisfied the other day when I could not add a certain card to a board because it was assigned to another "team".

Up until now, we've had so many different ways of storing knowledge: Google Docs, Slack, a separate KB, people's heads... We're still building our Guru content, but it's proving itself really helpful so far to store everything in one place. (Worries about eggs and baskets aside)

Guru review by <span>Alison P.</span>
Alison P.

"Awesome for resources"

What do you like best?

It's quick and efficient. We can easily find everything we need. While on a phone call, I can pull up technical questions in a matter of seconds. It also eases the burden on tenured employees, managers, and trainers. New employees have to ask fewer questions. It's also easy to comment about what types of information should be added or if there is information that isn't correct or is outdated. What I've heard from admins is that it is also really easy to edit cards and organize information.

What do you dislike?

Setting up guru can be a bit of a challenge due to keywords but it isn't too hard. If there aren't enough hashtags, cards are sometimes hard to find. Overall though, once the information is in there it is so much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

How much information do you have and is it worth it. If you have a small team, it's probably not worth it. We have a rapidly growing team and a lot of knowledge. It really makes knowledge easy to find especially for new employees.

We use Guru to organize all of our information whether it is technical or HR. It's really helpful and much easier to search. It's also easy to collaborate with team members on information. Before we had a library on several formats and you had to know exactly where to look for the information. When connecting Guru with Slack, everything is easier.

Guru review by <span>Katherine V.</span>
Katherine V.

"New job showed me this as an answer for previous jobs' issues!"

What do you like best?

We are a higher education division that works a great deal with student workers, some of whom are answering phones while senior staff are not around to answer questions. Guru lets us point them to a one-stop-shop for information curated and vetted by our senior staff.

I've already suggested this to two different colleagues who run seasonal programs that rely on temporary staffing - this is a great way to build knowledge resources for temp staff.

What do you dislike?

I'm not quite familiar enough with the program to have found bugs or issues. No complaints yet!

Knowledge sharing is so much easier than it has been in previous similar positions. Guru has allowed us to speak particularly effectively to the needs of our technology literate college students, as well.

Guru review by <span>Troy S.</span>
Troy S.

"Work Smarter--Not harder"

What do you like best?

This is in the early stages of being developed and I am starting out on the ground floor as well. I learn a little- get used to the where about of all this wonderful information and then watch it grow. Wonderful people working hard on my GURU. I look forward to contributing as I am learning new procedures daily

What do you dislike?

I have NO complaints. As I stated. It is a wonderful work in progress. As new situations arise they will be added . There will be constant changes. Right now it works for my own knowledge

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relax and learn

Knowledge Base is all about the most common situations we deal with. I don't have to reach out as much asking questions and I am offering quicker Cx service. It gives me direction. WHen I have someone on hold. I like to get the information needed as quickly as possible in order to get a quick resolve and get on with the next Client. GUGU helps me do this

Guru review by <span>Clayton R.</span>
Clayton R.

"Guru is my external brain."

What do you like best?

I love the card verification step of Guru. Having a wiki-like source of information at your team's fingertips is great, but useless unless the information is kept current. The ability to be notified of cards pending verification is just awesome and updating cards has worked its way into my daily workflow!

What do you dislike?

Not much, really.

Any problem I have had, I ping Guru support and they are on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru is easy to set up and implement. There is a free level of the app, so dive right in. If it doesn't work for you, no worries! Make sure you try the Slack integration and Chrome Extension. They make the app.

Having complex information readily available, up-to-date, and easily searchable is huge for our team. This allows us to have greater confidence when going to our users, internal and external, with information. The main benefit here is increased confidence in your customer interactions. It's almost like your Guru has your back in tough situations!

Guru review by <span>Jeremy K.</span>
Jeremy K.

"Easy to access team knowledge base"

What do you like best?

The browser extension is really easy to use and very quick to find important info. It's a great way for us to document things across the team and we use it very heavily. Before we'd have important information lost in email or distributed across lots of google docs. Now guru is our go to spot for key company information and it keeps people consistent with team processes.

What do you dislike?

The permissions system for groups and sensitive information could be a bit clearer. I'm not sure that we have the plan with extra analytics but that would be helpful on the base paid plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to setup and organize but it's worth keeping the information up to date.

It's our internal documentation. It's easy to keep it updated. Before we had everything across a ton of google docs which was disorganized and hard to keep up to date.

Guru review by <span>Zack L.</span>
Zack L.

"I didn't know this existed until my company adopted it, and now... I love it! "

What do you like best?

The enormous library of knowledge that we require for our work is made accessible by this tool. It's awesome.

What do you dislike?

I find that the search can often be a little bit inaccurate, though, to be fair, I'm not super adept at using the conditional tools to refine my search. Also, we have so many topics where the title differentiates by a single word, which is a large reason why this problem exists for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really learn how to use the search function. There's a few conditionals that make it much easier to refine your search and get what you're trying to see. If you use Guru to access a humongous bounty of knowledge, then it's crucial to be able to search it effectively. So, take the time to master the search function.

Guru is THE tool for our Support team. It contains all of the information about our company that is required by our Support team to work quickly with our customers.

Guru review by <span>LANNA P.</span>
LANNA P.

"GURU IS GREATER THAN GREAT!"

What do you like best?

ALTHOUGH THERE ARE MANY ASPECTS TO GURU THAT I ENJOY, THE ONE I LIKE ABOVE ALL IS HOW EASILY ACCESSIBLE THE NEEDED INFORMATION IS.

What do you dislike?

IF I HAD TO PICK SOMETHING TO SIMPLY IMPROVE, NOT NECESSARILY A DISLIKE, IT WOULD BE TO MOVE THE CRS TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE. MAN Y TIMES, I AM FAMILIAR WITH WHAT THE DOCUMENT STATES, YET I STILL HAVE TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM TO FIND MY REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GIVE IT A TRY AND YOUR EMPLOYEES WILL THANK YOU!

GURU IS A VITAL PART OF MY EVERYDAY SUCCESS. EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER I DEAL WITH, I ALSO DEAL WITH GURU. SOMETIMES IT HAS THE ANSWERS WHEN NONE OF MY PEER OR SUPERVISORS EVEN DO.

Guru review by <span>Morgan I.</span>
Morgan I.

"Guru is changing the way we manage knowledge"

What do you like best?

The Guru chrome extension makes it easy to create and search for bits of knowledge. It also has a question/answer system which is really helping us roll out the product, allowing us to identify what content isn't in Guru and needs to be added.

What do you dislike?

The analytics could be better, I would love the ability to drill into the data more (we use the Guru API to import the data into Looker and that allows us to explore to our heart's content).

Our team previously relied on "hive mind" knowledge. The product that we support is fairly complicated, and though we have great documentation, there are huge amounts of one-off questions which have answers that are only stored in our brains. Guru has enabled us to do a "brain dump" into its easily searchable interface. It allows us to curate that content and make sure it is always up to date.

Guru review by <span>Bridgette C.</span>
Bridgette C.

"An easy tool for reluctant adopters"

What do you like best?

Guru fits into our employees normal workflow with the browser and Slack integrations. It doesn't add to the dozens of other portals they already have to remember and divide their attention among.

What do you dislike?

I'd like if Guru could read attachments and PDFs to glean keywords and other search terms not mentioned in the card.

Also, it is prone to some slowness and glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for companies with reluctant or slow adopters to new tools.

With Guru, we're benefiting from a central content repository where knowledge can be shared cross-functionally and updated systematically. Before Guru, it was difficult to find the information you needed and even more difficult to ensure that it was not incorrect or out of date since our product is constantly evolving.

Guru review by <span>🍰  Anastasia T.</span>
🍰 Anastasia T.

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

it is so easy to search searching via the chrome extension. I like that I don't have to open a new page to look up a piece of information from Guru. What's also great is allowing management to add useful questions and answers via simple cards.

What do you dislike?

I forget to use it. my chrome extension doesn't always pop up, but takes me to the webpage version most of the time. This becomes distracting and takes me away from my focus of the task I'm working on. I'm a fairly new user to Guru (2 months) so I am still in the implementation phase of using Guru regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is great. It is easy to learn to use and implement into the day-to-day. I love how much useful information can be added in a matter of minutes, and flexibility of organizing that information.

find answers to simple questions instead of bothering management. it simplifies the question and answer process for me as a new employee and I am much more efficient in searching my company's policies and information.

Guru review by <span>Bryan P.</span>
Bryan P.

"Company Wiki"

What do you like best?

We have created our own company wiki search for our employees through the answers of the experts. But now the employees are becoming the experts...Genius.

Integration with Slack is phenomenal as well. Main reason we discovered Guru.

Btw I don't need the Starbucks card. You have already given so much back through the time saved. Appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Havent had an issue quite yet besides the beginning confusion of what lead to what card and assignment. But that's any program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use sweet process and guru hand in hand. You want business freedom then Guru is a must. Stop waisting time and being frustrated with employees who ask the same questions, instead make them rockstars as we have. Avoid this recommendation and well...You deserve the stress. Yea that pretty much sums it up.

I answer the same questions 4 times a day. I have answered them once now through guru and because of the freedom I'm spending more time with my family and staying clear if the petty questions employees just ask over and over again. Basically they have company google at their finger tips....amazing.

Guru review by User

"Meaningful and useful app"

What do you like best?

I like this app because is a great source of information, in an open way. I like the functions, how we can leave questions or discrepancies noted, as well as leaving hints for other coworkers that might visit any particular page in the future. All this functions make it a great app that is very useful in my day-to-day life

What do you dislike?

I don't love the search engine and how little intuitive can be sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru is definitely a great tool but take in consideration that the is just as good as the time and work invested in it's information :P

For the particular workflow that I have, speaking with costumers at the same time that I'm trying to find more information about an issue, I find a bit annoying that is not easy to get rid of the expanded windows and sometimes it takes me precious seconds (specially during live interactions) so a feature that would allow the users to correct that would be greatly appreciated.

Guru review by <span>Willy B.</span>
Willy B.

"Easy Access to Data in the best of the ways"

What do you like best?

The design, how simple is to use, the chrome extension and the connectivity with the slack app. The use of the cards when searching the most common keywords, the ability to include hyperlinks to use in combination of our extensive database makes it a unique tool.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't much I dislike about Gurus I think just light twitching to the user interface in the way you could categorize information, but I am a very happy camper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, once you get the hang of it, you will be delighted

We have both a very extensive and internal knowledge base, we keep such a large number of people to provide support to our clients, Guru allows me to sort properly and have a more organized way to have access to all of our information along all of the levels of support that we have.

Guru review by User

"Guru is functional and offers great features to users and moderators/administrators."

What do you like best?

Love the integration in the browser with Guru Chrome Plug-in. I really like the analytics reports and display of the 'trust score'. I would say the 'Card collections' are a useful tool as well, allowing you to not only tag, but also organize cards for related viewing in lists and collections.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like how cards are so size-restricted (they display small in the main interface). I find it annoying that when I make grammar corrections, the card becomes 'untrusted' and is returned to a higher authority or the original author for verification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely suggest you get the trial, load it up, and really test the features, Guru enters a realm of its own with features for delving into the knowledge and making it easy to find what you need.

Guru allows us to take the materials that would be handed around in physical form or standalone documents, the contents of which can remain unimproved or outdated. In Guru, we can upload new versions, or convert documents to digital (including images, videos, links). It's a great way to share information internally, with records, discussions, and intercompany communication.

Guru review by User

"Good organization, Tough Word Processing"

What do you like best?

The biggest problem our offices ran into was an easy way to share information. We had everything split up between different word documents and PDFs that got easily lost and mixed up. With Guru, everything is in an easily searchable space.

What do you dislike?

It's incredibly difficult to write in Guru. From years of computers I've learned to write a certain way, however Guru doesn't seem too intuitive when it comes to that. Also, copying and pasting from Microsoft Word changes the layout of the text. The way Guru does word processing may become more mainstream in the future, but right now does not work for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Transitioning whatever you're using now to Guru is not the easiest in the world. Once you can get Guru set up it's incredibly useful, but prepare for some painful steps in the beginning.

Sharing of information between offices spanning the United States and Canada has been streamlined. We had a lot of redundant information that has been clarified through using Guru.

Guru review by Administrator

"Excellent Team Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to relay information to my team at a moment's notice by updating the Guru card. We use Guru as an internal knowledge base, and it's great to throw in changes without going through the hassle of updating policy documents.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike - it could be a bit easier to manage users I guess - I would like to be able to deactivate users or change their passwords without going through the user. As the administrator, that would help me the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's a fantastic tool and well worth the time to set up. We add new cards weekly, and find it to be extremely valuable to our team.

Just overall communication improvement. Our team knows to check for answers in Guru, and if they aren't there, then they go to the next step. By using Guru as our internal knowledge base, we can quickly relay information about our company and customers to new employees without a lot of guesswork.

"Formalizing Tribal Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Throughout my career, I have used several Knowledge Platforms as an Admin, and as a User, and Guru is by far the easiest to use.

The search functionality is fantastic. The search function is common sense (using a combination of tag matches/card titles/and content) and it doesn't require a bunch of backend work which is something that I've had to do with other knowledge platforms.

I like how simple the card layout is. There isn't much frill which requires the author to keep it simple. I believe this makes it easy for users to find and digest information, and easy for the author to draft/publish cards.

We had significant tech requirements in order to get this launched, and the backend surpport we recieved was OUTSTANDING! The technology team and the gentleman working with us to launch Guru were great! They really helped us with very specific questions and were always available.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint that I have is the analytics. Although I love the insights that are provided, and I can drill down into how specific users interact with the platform, I wish I could export that information to analyze further.

Before Guru, our inbound care team relied heavily on 'tribal knowledge'. This was knowledge/information that was taught in training or told to reps by managers in huddles. We are using Guru to build a central location to increase consistency of message throughout our organization.

We've successfully rolled this out to our department and we have already begun to see the benefits. There have been some new products rolled out and our reps (and managers) have been able to reference Guru to keep up to date on the changes and be able to communicate that to our customers. As we continue to add content I'm positive that we will continue to see the benefit of centralizing our 'tribal knowledge'.

Guru review by Administrator

"Helpful for team communication"

What do you like best?

I like that we can gather frequently asked questions on the team, and turn them into resources for other team members to access. Chances are if one person has a question, others will have the same one - so instead of answering the same question 10 times it's easily stored.

What do you dislike?

The amount of cards quickly gets out of hand, which makes it difficult to manage updating and verifying information. On one hand it's good to be reminded to review training docs to make sure everything is up to date, but it is very time consuming to keep up with all of the docs. If someone was in charge of keeping these up to date and that was their main role, it would certainly be manageable.

We're trying to streamline communication and make it easier for everyone to access information. I've noticed that people still ask questions face to face, but we could also be better about directing them to Guru and insisting they ask there instead.

"Easy tutorials"

What do you like best?

I like a lot the fact that you ask questions to the bot as you could ask anybody and you get an instant answer so it´s really helpful because you don´t need to answer the same questions that people always ask again and again and that only make people waste time.

What do you dislike?

I think that the app is really good, but i think that should have a little AI because if you have a lot of cards with common words , all of them appear in the chat. Furthermore there isn´t easy make cards with images or files when you use guru through another app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s really good if you have to deal with a lot of people and better when you have to give them training because if they forget something they don´t need to ask to everybody the same all the time.

The common questions about our invoice system, so we don´t waste time answering the same things that we already had answered about our invoice system and support chats.

Guru review by <span>David F.</span>
David F.

"Best of the Bunch depending on your workflow"

What do you like best?

Of all the features there are two which I've found really amazing and improved how I use a knowledgebase. First, the search engine within the system is amazing, I've tried about 20+ web-based knowledge bases and this has one of the better search facilities. Then there's the slack addon, the ability to search and use Guru from within slack is huge for me and is almost as good as having an App

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was an Android app for guru prviding the ability to post articles, URL's, PDF's etc to the Knowledgebase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a Knowledge management system, it's not a Document Management system, it's not an Intranet. If you use slack this will be a huge plus for you if not why not, Slack is amazing..

If you are looking to switch from Confluence its also worth noting Guru has the ability to import from Confluence and it works really well, We had over 1000 well-structured documents, tags, links etc and they all came over perfectly. Not many systems do this..

I'm in various roles which I pick up a lot of methods of doing IT or DevOps things, I started keeping the KB as I got fed up thinking "I've done this before but can't remember how" so Guru allows me to make sure those PowerShell command line or bash scripts are close to hand.

Guru review by <span>Melanie C.</span>
Melanie C.

"Neat internal Knowledge tool, plays well with Slack"

What do you like best?

Love the Slack integration! It's so easy to @ guru with a question in a public channel, and I love how this surfaces answers quickly and develops a culture where information is transparent and accessible.

What do you dislike?

By default, Guru's Slack integration leverages the "heavy plus sign" + emoji as a way to trigger the action to create new cards. It's a little bit messy because our team has a habit of using the "+" emoji as a way to say "+1, I agree with this" and it wakes up the Guru monster.

However, I do believe that Guru support allows users to customize that emoji, which would make this a total non-issue.

Guru helps me share information with my team quickly, and it reduces the amount of time that I'd spend typing out the same answers to questions over and over again. One benefit I've realized is that it encourages me to document more of my work sooner and in shorter chunks - even if it's just a short memo with a link to some deeper documentation - whereas, before I might have waited until I had a long and thorough document ready to share before I made it available to my colleagues as a resource. The short form nature of Guru ultimately forces me to break up the labor of creating documentation and allows me to get better feedback faster.

Guru review by <span>Allie R.</span>
Allie R.

"Extremely useful for any sales professional!"

What do you like best?

Stack Overflow produces a lot of internal and external content designed to help clients find the best developers. Coming from many different teams, these content pieces can be difficult to keep track of, especially since new pieces are published so often. Guru helps me be on top of every article that may be useful to my clients and prospects, so I can provide value and engage them more effectively. The ability to track which content pieces generate the most interest is also extremely useful as well.

What do you dislike?

The search system is very useful in locating the material I need, but I find that the UI/UX for sorting and categorizing different content pieces is a bit lacking. There are a few pieces that I gravitate toward for each occasion, and I find that the current UI does not give me a way to access these immediately.

I'm always trying to help my clients and prospects tackle the extremely competitive developer hiring market. To be successful in the technical hiring market, education is key since developer hiring is an entirely different ball game from other types of recruiting. This is why we rely heavily on our content to educate our clients and help them be more knowledgeable about the market, and Guru help me quickly locate the right pieces for each client.

Guru review by <span>Ryan R.</span>
Ryan R.

"Fits well into our current processes"

What do you like best?

When we first started looking into knowledge base solutions, the thing that stood out the most about Guru was the deep integration it had with Slack. We are heavy Slack users here at Podium and empowering our employees to find answers to their own questions without leaving Slack was a huge value-add for us. The Chrome extension is a nice addition as well.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is a bit steep when compared to our actual Slack license

We had a big knowledge gap throughout our whole organization between all the teams/departments. e.g. product info, customer FAQ's, etc. Guru allows us to have easily-accessible, up-to-date knowledge that can be found without having to change our current workflow and processes.

Guru review by <span>Ashley K.</span>
Ashley K.

"Efficient and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love how easily Guru allows me to access important information while working with guests. Rather than having to switch tabs and search for information in emails and/or on our website, Guru is an efficient way for me to find answers to frequently asked questions within the window I'm currently working.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Guru, however I wish there were more ways to organize knowledge within Guru.

In the Guest Services department, we use Guru so that we have easy access to information involving the products we offer. Before Guru, in order to find answers to questions our guests had, we either had to look through emails or the FAQs section of our webpage, which was time consuming and inefficient. If we couldn't locate the information there, we would Slack the whole team until someone eventually answered. Now we can locate answers to questions within the same browser window we are already working in, which saves a lot of time.

Guru review by <span>Natalie M.</span>
Natalie M.

"Guru has improved response time, and bridged team knowledge gaps"

What do you like best?

Everything! This product has been a life-saver. Not only is our internal KM much more organized but it is also more easily accessible - meeting our support reps where they are -- Zendesk via the Chrome extension, and Slack. It has significantly decreased response time on tickets as well as internal questions cross-functionally. Aside from the product itself, Guru's team is great to work with; they are nimble and quick to iterate. If there are tools or features that aren't working for us they are very responsive in creating updates or offering great solutions.

What do you dislike?

I hope they will be able to offer more customizable email/slack notifications in the future, but other than that I have no qualms.

We have decreased response time; bridged internal knowledge gaps; streamlined internal communications; and bolstered our external help center through the use of verification on mirrored Guru cards.

Guru review by <span>Charles R.</span>
Charles R.

"Great Knowledge Management Wiki with Slack integration"

What do you like best?

I loved the all the Slack bot features, how to add new content with an emoji and how to search Guru content from Slack. The content architecture with collection points, boards, cards, take time to get used to but is very logical and powerful once carefully designed. The tag management is great for cross subject search or client search. I would like to see a more automated tagging system in the future where the system suggest relevant tags based on word recurrence and logical order. I can see a lot of potential in using Guru for content management and collaboration

What do you dislike?

Other than the fact that there are too many document management integration and the Dropbox one didn't work, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage content whether internal or external in a structured way. Guru has a very intuitive and clear end document management structure. I would take the time to consider the best location to store the golden source document embedded in Guru cards to ensure consistency and also focus on defining a scalable user role management to ensure the right level of governance whilst driving new content onto the platform

Internal content management aggregation and searchable in a structured way via Slack. Can enable to capture new content in structured and unstructured way via Slack which can be verified by a group of experts before being shared in the internal library. Guru can save use half the time we spend searching for existing content and leveraging internal knowledge

Guru review by <span>Bryan H.</span>
Bryan H.

"This Tool is helping my Division organize each teams information"

What do you like best?

I like the organization of the cards but being able to link the cards to other information

What do you dislike?

Setting up better suggestive ways to search out information would help beyond just the hash tags and hyper links

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember this is a great organization tool but it will be only as useful as you allow your team to adapt to it and let it become apart of your culture

My Team specifically is about organize and build the basis for our Teams Operating Procedures in such a way that as we add more members they will be able to find the information they needed in a very easy to follow organized way

Guru review by <span>Robert R.</span>
Robert R.

"Super convenient and helpful"

What do you like best?

Guru is a really handy resource that can be updated on the fly. Working for a company who requires a lot of accurate information retention, this helps a TON

What do you dislike?

The chrome extension in particular can lock up sometimes which is a little annoying, but it could be the work station im using so im not confident in saying this is a Guru/extension problem.

Guru keeps me and my team up to date with current process and information so we can best assist our customers on the fly. This keeps expectations high for the customer and the speed in which we can deliver that information.

Guru review by <span>Tamina Z.</span>
Tamina Z.

"Fantastic product, would definitely recommend."

What do you like best?

Our team has shown actual improvement on quickly they can access information in Guru compared to our old wiki in Confluence. Having the Guru extension in browser is convenient and incredibly useful. I find myself using it all the time when needing to help others on the team. I have also moved our training material into Guru for easy access to information.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be a little buggy. But it's rare and a quick refresh fixes all the problems we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out! There is a free trial and it's great. I checked out a lot of other internal wiki systems and honestly, Guru is revolutionary in the field.

Previously, we were using Confluence. This required a manual setup of the structure and constant combing through information to update it. We had to create tasks for those in charge of Confluence to update any incorrect information. Reps were confused as to where to find the answer to their questions and the search function was useless. Guru solved all of those issues. The framework they have is perfect for us, the search feature is invaluable, and being able to comment on individual cards that are out of date makes the process of updating information so much easier.

Guru review by User in Computer Software

"Guru is my reliable area for Wrike information about our own tool."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use when you are looking for an information and need to have it at hand very quick to be able to respond to customer requests. By having a Google Extension where you can quickly get into Guru in the blink of an eye and find within seconds the right information, you are getting extremely productive and have the right information for your customers within seconds.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, by now I did not find any negative aspect in Guru.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the product and the ease of use. Guru is an extremely helpful tools if you want to get the right information at the blink of an eye.

As a Customer Success Manager you are dealing with questions in relation to featues and functionalities all day long. To be able to be extremely productive and have the information you need available in the blink of an eye you need the right tool, and Guru makes this possible. You are also able to update information very fast and have always up to date information at hand. This allows you to send updated information extremely fast and helps you to respond a higher number of customer requests.

Guru review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"GURU. All you need"

What do you like best?

Guru is a great centralized hub for information, easy to access , verify and collaborate. Guru has changed the way we operate for the better. We save a lot of time because of this new tool.

What do you dislike?

The cut and paste feature from other docs could use some work. Also notifications settings should be adjustable, as they are currently not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation should be done in a staged scenario to save time.Take advantage of their implementation team, very knowledgeable and friendly. If you don't take advantage of the reporting suites, you'll miss the true value of this solution. Use the reporting and statistic to properly configure and refine this. It's easy and worth the time spent.

We have many moving parts and teams that need answers quick, Guru has allowed us to make this information easily accessible and verifiable to everyone.

Guru review by <span>Kevin D.</span>
Kevin D.

"Gureat!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to pin sections to pages I use frequently and the overlay is nice and not intrusive. It is easy to share and search the information I need and editing is real easy. Being able to edit and add you own boards is great. I haven't used that much but the potential is what can be really important.

What do you dislike?

I said earlier that the overlay was not intrusive, but I would like to close it on the bar and not by clicking on the Extension. It's so close but that is just me, I leave it open sometimes and get frustrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be the best database sharing I've seen. Kind of blown away by it all. It has functions you wish for but no one else has.

Sharing information with other team members is great and easy. We use a lot of information and it is impossible to memorize everything and you need to update it constantly, this allows for a more active lively knowledge pool.

Guru review by <span>Victoria W.</span>
Victoria W.

"Amazing app"

What do you like best?

This is one of the best tools that can be used by any organization and any department. It is a real time directory that holds answers to anything you ask (as long as you input the data). We have had a wonderful lead on this internally and it is used full force by all departments at our company. The widget on the top is the best part. It allows you to search key words and populates with information to help you get fast answers.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't dislike anything! Sometimes it is a little glitchy if you open up more than one search

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great just make sure you have someone to really spearhead the effort as the work cannot be populated without anyone putting it into the system. Highly recommend for sales teams and any company with robust product information to keep the team up to date on latest and greatest features

Fast answers we can talk to our customers and have the knowledge of some of our 10-year experts. It also helps us keep up with the market as we are updating it often with competitor information and other useful info.

Guru review by <span>Jacob J.</span>
Jacob J.

"Guru is amazingly simple, fast, and convenient."

What do you like best?

I like that If I am looking for an answer to a question I don't know, all I have to do is go to Guru and ask! This helps me improve my sales process, and allows me to give customers the right answers to their questions, the first time that they ask them! Without Guru, I would have to always be bugging my teammates about questions that I do not know the answers to, but with Guru, I can just ask and have the answer that I need!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it could be a bit faster and some of the added features could be a bit better explained. I am unsure of certain things that Guru is capable of, but If I had some more information on the ways I can use it, Im sure I would integrate those features into my workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product, it will benefit you greatly to be able to find things quickly and readily when you need them!

Answers to sales questions - I've realized that it really helps to have everything neatly organized into cards!

Guru review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Using Guru in a Startup Environment"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to have a single source for team process and knowledge. The benefit can barely be measured.

What do you dislike?

I need more time to get to know the web interface and content management aspects of it in greater depth. I am moving from more of an agent to administrator role with Guru.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru is trying to do something that, in essence, seems simple. However, effective documentation of various processes and bits of knowledge is not easy, especially for new/growing teams. It has been awesome for my team, and I am confident that any team would benefit by using Guru.

We are solving the difficult process of keeping knowledge contained in numerous disjointed locations. We have seen increased confidence in our team when it comes to processing requests and answering questions. In short, we are faster and better at our jobs than we were before Guru.

Guru review by <span>Stephen H.</span>
Stephen H.

"Easy access to information that lives where I work"

What do you like best?

Browser add-on tool and Slack integration

What do you dislike?

Better tools to increase user engagement

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any knowledge sharing platform, it's only as good as your user adoption. If this is going to be the centralized hub for knowledge within your company, it's imperative that you drive that adoption day in and day out.

Guru has become the centralized center for "tribal knowledge" in our organization. As a rapidly growing company, scale and enablement is always an issue. With Guru's integration to Slack and browser add-on, it has become an important tool for providing immediate access to accurate data for all employees.

Guru review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Program and Events Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I love how easily searchable our information is! With just a keyword (or two) I can find what I'm looking for very quickly. The system was easy to learn, and the 'new user' cards do a great job of leading the way. I recommend using these instruction cards before getting started (especially if you are joining an existing team's guru account, rather than starting your own from scratch).

What do you dislike?

From the user dashboard, I would like to be able to click on 'Total Cards' for it to bring me to the overview of the cards. This information is still easily accessible via the Card Manager button in the left-hand module, but from a UX perspective, I always find myself trying to click on Total Cards first, before remembering I should click on Card Manager.

The analytics emails that admins receive; I really like how they give insights into which cards / knowledge have been accessed the most, but I don't think you should include the actual card information in these e-mails. Just the card titles would be enough information, and avoids the risk of confidential company information sitting in your e-mail account.

Our small team mainly uses Guru to store information that is important, but not necessarily always needed at-hand. It's nice to know that we can build our knowledge-base into a central brain, rather than relying on scattered and individual expertise. Great for on boarding.

Guru review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Easiest Knowledge Sharing Tool Ever"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up, simple to share, easy to use. It's like an instant helper that allows your teams access to centralized knowledge they know they can trust!

What do you dislike?

For those who like hand holding while launching a tool, Guru does offer some support. However, almost everything you need to know can be found in the pre-set Guru cards or on their help website. When we did find a navigation hiccup, our account rep was quick to take it back to the development team for revision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple knowledge base tool with lots of integrations and easy to use features. If you're looking for something that's usable right out of the box for teams without a lot of development knowledge, Guru is a quick and easy solution!

We leverage a centralized information base for our sales process, and it used to be a cumbersome, gigantic excel document that was always out of date. Inadvertent changes were easy to make, and it was hard to tell who had written or verified what. Guru allows us to easily sift through, edit, and add material and creates a validation scheme so we know how fresh and how verified the content is.

Guru review by <span>Patrick F.</span>
Patrick F.

"Better than Quip"

What do you like best?

We use both Quip and Guru for handling our knowledge transfer and sharing. The first thing that jumped out at me when I used Guru coming from Quip is that things are way more organized and things are easier to organize thanks to tags, breadcrumb folder hierarchy, and different categories for cards. All Quip has are folders so things are a lot messier.

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing I dislike so far is that I can't use Guru from a native Mac OS app. However, it's so so bad because of Guru's Slack integration.

Internal knowledge sharing

Guru review by <span>Nicole  W.</span>
Nicole W.

"The Power of Knowledge at Your Fingertips"

What do you like best?

Because Guru has so many cards within categories, it can sometimes be overwhelming at first for a new guru like myself. The discovery of Guru's Slack integration has been a total game changer for me - I can submit a question and have it fire back the best solutions to an issue!

What do you dislike?

I'd love the option to sort my personal favorite cards into categories within Guru, rather than having to have them all bookmarked in my browser - sort of like the 'knowledge' for different teams, but having my go-to cards right there.

Guru helps me find (almost) anything - from "how to create a drop down menu" to how to handle difficult interactions, and can often guide you in what direction to go if you seek further information on a subject.

Guru review by <span>Martin S.</span>
Martin S.

"Guru"

What do you like best?

Love the Chrome extension that just pops out anytime I need to search for information we store in Guru. The tagging system is clean, and it's really easy for us to submit feedback/ask questions to those managing our account.

What do you dislike?

Nothing just yet - very surprised with how quickly it was for our team to adopt. Personally feel like a lot had to do with how well our champions deployed the platform for us!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend time building your tags and cards before deploying to the organization - really smooth rollout was key to adopting it for us!

We're enabling each other to find the information we need, but don't know, very quickly. Our Slack channels have benefitted a lot from this - only really crucial, one-off questions get posted in channels because so much day-to-day information is in Guru.

Guru review by <span>Nick L.</span>
Nick L.

"Great tool for Sales, Marketing, and Product teams alike"

What do you like best?

The ability to have something as simple as a chrome extension house an entire database of knowledge. Super convenient when on the phone with a prospect and need to get a quick answer for them. No more searching around in a sea of tabs during a call.

What do you dislike?

I think the search function could be better. At the same time I am still fairly new with the platform and as time goes on I will get better at searching the system.

Housing our internal intelligence in an easy to access place has allowed for better communication across departments. Sales now knows how to address certain things in a way that would be helpful for different departments. Previously there was a tendency to silo and this has allowed for more open communication.

Guru review by <span>Brett E.</span>
Brett E.

"Awesome Product Every Company Can Benefit From"

What do you like best?

It's so powerful yet simple to use. I love having everything I need in one place and using the Chrome app I can access everything quickly while not needing to leave the page I am on. It's a no brainer for any sales team to use Guru, but it's also a great tool for other departments as well. Our engineering team uses Guru all the time so that they can track changes and new functionality on our site.

It's also great because you can ask questions to groups of people and then when someone answers it's then kept so if others have the same question the answer is already there. We put pretty much every piece of company information into Guru so that everyone has what they need. You also set verify dates so that you can make sure that your data is always current and up to date. This helps keep guru from getting bloated with out of date information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I can see as a negative. It's simple to create new articles, verify, ask others questions, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Guru! It really is a tool that every company can benefit from.

Centralized information in a simple to access resource. Many companies have internal help sites, or a lot use g-drive to store company information. That usually leads to a lot of searching and it's not a simple way to update with new resources. Creating a new card with Guru is quick and simple, editing cards is easy, and accessing everything with the Chrome app saves so much time.

Guru review by User

"Guru for the modern ages"

What do you like best?

I love Guru for the easy access to vast amounts of information. The system allows you to build out a resource center that is cohesive and organized and empowers a user to quickly search for the relevant information and spend the minimal amount of time sifting through pages trying to find desired content.

What do you dislike?

The Text editor at times can be challenging. I had difficulty at times formatting cards the way I wanted them to look. However, once you get the hang of the different formatting tools/options it becomes significantly easier.

We have for years struggled with having up to date resources and searching through endless google docs that weren't always shared with the whole company. Constantly granting permissions was a pain and Guru solved that.

Guru review by <span>Jacob T.</span>
Jacob T.

"Guru has grown our potential for knowledge sharing exponentially"

What do you like best?

Guru works as a browser extension or webapp which means it can be accessed whenever, wherever, and however it is most needed. Beyond that, it's social features and Slack integration are hugely useful features in keeping people engaged with the tool. Trust is so easy to build with Guru.

What do you dislike?

Analytics might be a little lacking for anyone not comfortable with using API to generate custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time in building out an information architecture for your audience and take full advantage of tags, boards, and collections.

We're improving our knowledge sharing and we've realized higher engagement and trust in the knowledge we have stored.

Guru review by <span>Amanda C.</span>
Amanda C.

"Guru combines all your internal resources with the added bonus of article validation. "

What do you like best?

Gone are the days of out dated info!

Working in a support environment there's always a breakdown in resources, be they old or never double-checked or simply not communicated across departments.

There are some fundamental style and usability issues I've found like trouble searching for something I know exists. (i.e. "woocommerce" doesn't bring up articles for "woo commerce".)

It's also stuck to the side of my screen and drives me crazy being the location and size it is.

What do you dislike?

Cons:

Not terribly customizable (location, default view, dark theme)

Search could be much, much better (spaces affect search, no suggestions)

Not able to pull articles between browser tabs

Reloads with page

Pros:

Article validation and trust score

Built in search

Accessible from any page in your browser

Guru review by <span>Marky L.</span>
Marky L.

"AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

The best thing in Guru is that the data is easily available for every member of the support team with just a flick of a cards. this are the most used cheat sheets that we are currently using. Guru cards are very good when it comes to reiterating the most important keywords that your are trying to look for. That you can also add hyperlinks on tha card that is very impressive! We have tons of tools that we can use to support our clients however guru card stand the most as it is the most well versed and well detailed when it comes to the scripts. our Guru card writers are also excellent when it comes to their resourcefulness in creating cards.

What do you dislike?

I think is it just me not having a collection of cards that i can easily access with like i want to bookmark a certain card that i need to open the full page instead of saving it as a minimized set of cards. Well if that option is in existent, they might wanna put it on the most visible part as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend to have it on hand before you get to used of it. try and feel it first before you decide to purchase it. guru card entail the best of the best in the industry.

We need to use the guru card from time to time, most of our client issue resolution can be found n our guru cards. We are currently solving online shopping issues like there are thousands of workarounds that we need in order for us to have a resolution. The benefit that we are getting with Guru cards is that it is readily available and we can submit our own cards for approval.

Guru review by <span>Dan B.</span>
Dan B.

"Best thing to happen to our knowledge base"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly share information with a wide and dispersed team. The Slack integration makes it very easy to find the right card as well.

What do you dislike?

Honestly my only dislike is that when clicking on a link in another program it goes to a full browser screen - I wish there was a native Mac app so that it would provide the Chrome Extension functionality outside of Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, no question whatsoever. It has been absolutely invaluable to our support team.

Knowledge sharing and the destruction of toxic tribal knowledge.

Guru review by <span>Daniel C.</span>
Daniel C.

"Using GetGuru in T2"

What do you like best?

I like the quick access to information, and I like the fact that the cards pop up on top of each other and can be moved. This is really useful for seeing multiple cards at a time for comparison purposes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it's always sitting on top and I need to click the extension to get it to go away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It definitely takes some getting used to as it does involve a change in workflow, but once used to it said workflow should be less harassed.

At this point the tool is being used to replace our Vault of support information, and for that purpose I feel it is working. It needs some additional organization on our part, but it is easier to find crucial information than it was before.

Guru review by <span>Lauren K. B.</span>
Lauren K. B.

"Guru - Great for work flow"

What do you like best?

I love that all our departments can add to the collections and it makes it easier to find information quickly. The slack integration is fantastic - a game changer for our team.

What do you dislike?

The interface could surely use some work. I love the simplicity of the look, but it's not as clean as I'd like it to be.

Internal communication. We no longer have the simple everyday questions asked..." where this located" or "whats the protocol here." people are using Guru as an internal wiki and saving our team a TON of time and frustration. It's also great for new team members who need to be ramped up quickly.

Guru review by <span>Julie L.</span>
Julie L.

"There is no other tool that powers real-time learning like Guru does"

What do you like best?

The Guru team has built a product, and continues to build/add features, with a keen and accurate understanding of how real users need to find and share information on a day-to-day basis in their jobs. One of my team members said - of the browser-extension feature in particular - "It's right in front of your face, and it just works." We know where to find information, we know we can trust it, we can easily keep it updated, and we can easily share it. It sounds so, so simple - and that's because, for a user (whether you're looking for info or sharing it) - it is. But, you know that the thought and design that has gone into this is massive. As one example - the Slack integration is amazing. And, they built it by thinking about where people already work and communicate, and how that could connect back to Guru.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - very little. The team is continually releasing new features that make this product even better. They are very supportive of implementation. So, where I'd like more guidance on how to drive user adoption, or where I'd like to be able to break up my teams differently - they either provide the how-tos on a 1:1 basis, or are already working on the next feature. The only thing I wish I could do right now is have a "draft" mode for new cards. That's how awesome this product is - that *draft mode* is the one thing I wish I had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial with 2 - 3 boards worth of content and 15 people. Have your content creators and your content finders participate. Check their usage and ask for their feedback. Not only will this give you real insight into how Guru could work for your organization, it will lay the foundation for "Guru champions" when you roll the product out more broadly.

When you do go more broad - start small. Pick one, complete collection of knowledge that will allow your org to realize the benefits. Expand from there.

Empower your content creators and make them feel like part-owners of Guru. This will make it much easier to get and drive adoption.

Guru is the tool that powers our internal knowledge base. Everything from our recruiting process, our benefits, how our teams are structured - general employee knowledge - to specific sales and client success enablement content is in here. We now have a central source of truth. And, people trust it, and want to continually add to it.

- We've saved a ton of time in looking for information.

- There is better alignment and trust across our teams.

- People who need to share information have an easy and efficient way to do so now.

Guru review by <span>Brenden B.</span>
Brenden B.

"Why am I just hearing about this tool?!?"

What do you like best?

Guru does a great job of centralizing all of my internal documentation and archiving it for others in an easily accessible UI.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that has lead me to believe that this product is not a proper fit for our sales organization.

Guru has made it very easy to have all of the resources I need on a daily basis in one centralized platform. When on calls with customers or even looking information up on the fly, I am easily able to find and identify what I am looking for so that I can move on to the next task at hand.

Guru review by <span>Jason A.</span>
Jason A.

"Good So Far, Active Development of New Features Looks Promising"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find, consume and even create cards (items of knowledge) in Guru, even for relatively non-tech savvy users.

What do you dislike?

A few criticisms that I have are that the card search is sometimes a little weird in what it finds (it's not always obvious if I'm searching for a string of words (e.g. "Calling Tech Support") or three separate words (e.g. "calling", "tech", and "support"), so my searches sometimes turn up unexpected cards. The other two criticisms, both of which I have recently heard will be addressed in the next feature release, are that markdown is often tough to use for non-tech savvy users, which has precluded them from creating cards, and I didn't like that I had to rely on another 3rd party (e.g. Box, Google Drive) to upload/share files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They were very helpful and flexible with getting us set up on a plan that made sense and worked for our use case, even though it wasn't one that was listed on their 'Pricing' page. It definitely made us feel appreciated as a customer!

Guru is the internal knowledge base for my accounting firm, helping us keep employees/staff informed of everything from office policies and billing codes to up-to-date changes to the tax code and audit procedures.

Guru review by <span>Farzad R.</span>
Farzad R.

"knowledge base to the power of 10!"

What do you like best?

Imagine the power of google search with predictive insights about the information you need to make decisions faster all straight from your browser. I have vetted 10's kbs and guru is by far the best. And don't get stuck in the trap of thinking guru is just a knowledge base. The difference is in some ways the answers come to YOU vs. you always having to know where to look. In addition, they have this cool feature where people can ask questions of others which really helps reduce anxiety and stress when people are looking for resources. Go guru!

What do you dislike?

You may face some sticker shock as guru costs more than most, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you have your knowledge base ideal structure mapped out first. Also make sure you have knowledge base champion from ever department to curate and update info in Guru.

Speed to information for uber fast decision making. Or super fast way of responding to customers questions vs. having to has the same questions 1000 times internally, etc..

Guru review by <span>Tonni B.</span>
Tonni B.

"Easy-to-use, powerful app for sales knowledge base "

What do you like best?

The chrome extension makes it easy for my team to find the information they need quickly, on the fly. Before Guru it was challenging for them to get information. They'd have to wait on me and others in the organization to respond. Everyone here is busy, so often questions would take days to be answered, which in turn impacts the buyer's experience. Guru has already minimized the number of questions I get daily, and is empowering my team to access what they need much faster.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the editor. Formatting is a bit clunky. I'm hopeful that this will be corrected soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to go into this purchase like any, with a clear idea of what you are trying to solve. This product solved my challenge which was putting information such as: info about our product, internal policies, FAQs, common objections, etc. into the hands of AEs, SDRs and CSMs.

We have aggressive revenue and growth goals. Our challenges are around scaling our team quickly, ensuring that all employees, but especially new hires, can easily access information without having to wait on a gatekeeper to provide it. Without a central knowledge base we faced issues such as delays in communication, inability to access the most updated information, and a lack of transparency between information that the Sales and Customer Success teams were using. Guru has helped to improve all three areas.

Guru review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

"Good support. Hit or Miss UX"

What do you like best?

The ability to create things quickly and access them via Search is amazing. Add that to the ability to force your team to keep things up to date (e.g. Verification rules), and you've got a pretty sweet setup for a knowledge base!

What do you dislike?

Some basic UX stuff is a killer on the day to day workflow. Depending on the screen resolution, "Cards" can be way to big for your browser tab. The side bar sometimes covers too much of your screen to allow you to use the webpage that you're on and still navigate through guru in the same tab. I frequently have a separate tab open just to run guru to ensure that a page reload or accidental click doesn't make me lose all my work.

Apparently they haven't heard of window.onBeforeUnload (the popup that asks if you're "sure you want to leave this page"), because I've lost HOURS of work to accidentally closing the tab. I usually have a great experience with support, granting me the features I ask for. This one, however, is KILLING me and countless support requests have not moved up this request on their roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their support. Don't get frustrated with their app without contacting their support team :)

We do market research software. I'm the UX guy. It's pretty awesome to be able to pull up all of our documentation relevant to particular personas' workflow in just a couple of searches. I also spend a lot of time documenting our internal processes and Guru's "Board" structure lets me organize these workflows into a pretty organization.

The chrome extension and the "web app" don't really fit well together. The "Boards" experience is hidden within the web app and it's really hard to get to it from the Chrome extension intuitively.

Guru review by <span>Kyle H.</span>
Kyle H.

"Very simple and easy way to share and obtain information"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. I like that it forces people to re-verify the information on their Guru cards as well. This way you know what you're reading is accurate. Having the Chrome extension is also a very convenient option.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of set up involved, so it takes some time to migrate information over to cards. There are a lot of little buttons and sometimes it is difficult to remember what does what. Luckily, hovering over them usually gives you a reminder.

This has been implemented as an internal knowledge sharing resource. If you have a question ranging from HR policies to internal platform knowledge, you can look it up in Guru. The convenience of having a quick Chrome Extension to find this information (not to mention an integration with our instant messaging app), has made this easier than previous solutions thus far, but admittedly, we're still in the early phases of implementing Guru.

Guru review by <span>Jamie W.</span>
Jamie W.

"Game Changing Knowledge Base Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease and speed of use. The ability to quickly find knowledge and then access it through hyperlinks. The user experience is also smooth in terms of tagging people and assigning cards to others.

What do you dislike?

A lot of email digests from the app. Sometimes it's a bit challenging to find previously created cards if you don't use the same wording that was used in creating the card. This works well for your own cards but sometimes it hard to find cards created by others.

Sometimes end users get lazy and don't re-verify old cards over time or don't want to delete of cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to try and create a plan around card creating. Hold verifiers accountable to actually verifying the cards so you don't get old stale data.

Clean up and delete old cards regularly.

Lost knowledge amongst different individuals on the team. So if one person is the expert ppl no longer ask them questions, they turn to guru first.

When parts of the product change, it's not always easy to share that knowledge with the whole team (ppl are on vacation, too busy, miss meetings, etc). This create the necessary central repository.

Guru review by <span>Keahi P.</span>
Keahi P.

"Simplicity at its best!!!"

What do you like best?

How quick and easy the information you need is rite there at your fingertips specially if ur in need of a quick answear or review on different policys.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes does not start up on certain devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would defiantly say go for it if you like simple tech that works and makes doing the job in any field more effienct and aware team memebers.

Questions I mite have or customer ability to learn and sharpen your skills anytime you are able to do so.

Guru review by <span>Conner T.</span>
Conner T.

"Saving our team time!"

What do you like best?

Honestly I've loved getting into the habit of going into Guru for basic inquiries rather than always having to go ask support or someone for a question that they're going to give me a template response anyway.

What do you dislike?

I'm still getting used to it, so I haven't found much I don't like yet.

Saving time we would spend as CS managers trying to get answers that Support shares over and over. It also saves support all the time they spend trying to answer our repetitive questions.

Guru review by <span>Megan M.</span>
Megan M.

"Super Useful And Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

For the most part, Guru will let you paste formatting into cards - this helped a lot when we migrated to Guru. It allows users to search by tags or go through the boards (which makes it really easy to organize everything). It also helps everyone keep the cards updated with reminders to verify them. We also use Guru with Slack and as a plugin in Chrome. If someone doesn't find what they're looking for, they can even ask questions.

What do you dislike?

You can't view your own recent activity, and sometimes the formatting gets messed up. Also, when you copy and paste from a card it adds a newline character at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

Great for internal FAQ

Guru review by <span>Steve M.</span>
Steve M.

"Superior to other knowledge sharing software"

What do you like best?

Guru takes a fundamentally different approach to knowledge sharing, and emphasizes a data-driven approach to understanding how your content is impacting client-facing conversations. While many other solutions in the space are seemingly archaic and difficult to use, Guru's flexible, intuitive UI makes surfacing important information seamless and immediate. At RJMetrics, I was able to easily and effectively organize all client-facing collateral and not only have confidence client-facers would be able to easily find what they were looking for, but also was able to get data behind who was using what content, and what content was working and what wasn't. Their Q&A functionality allowed me to keep my "ear to the ground" so to speak, and enables client-facers to publish questions about competitors, product updates, etc that get stored in Guru. Unlike Slack, the information isn't ephemeral, and the verification functionality gives knowledge consumers confidence in the content (both freshness and accuracy) and insight into who is responsible for that area of expertise.

What do you dislike?

As with any knowledge management solution, the output is only as valuable as the input. Luckily, their team has been awesome in helping us push info into Guru, and have a few mechanisms in place to make that easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ROI is more obvious than you think. Be patient and organized - find one strong use case to facilitate adoption. I couldn't imagine operation without Guru at this point, and am confident you'll find similar value.

Our customer support and sales teams are responsible for an overwhelming amount of competitive intelligence, product knowledge and updates, and technical details. Guru allows these client-facers to have access to this information directly in their workflow such that they can have fluid conversations or respond to emails faster. Additionally, due to Guru's verification functionality, they can have complete confidence that the content is both accurate and up to date. As an added benefit, we use ti to collaborate and democratize information internally.

Guru review by <span>Cullen W.</span>
Cullen W.

"Perfect Solution"

What do you like best?

I love the google plug-in and how easy it is to search for what you need. i also like the amount of functionality there is when creating a card (attaching docs, screenshots, whatever you need)

What do you dislike?

i dislike how many steps it takes to search within a specific board. i wish there was a dropdown on the main search that i could choose the board i wanted. i also dislike how the files i attach from dropbox need to be accessed through the dropbox site. i wish they would just open up instead of me having to go through all of the steps to finally get to it.

we are growing fast and before guru all of our resources were scattered everywhere in dropbox. it is much easier to train employees now because we have a way to easily share knowledge and resources and all of it is very discoverable.

Guru review by <span>Todd B.</span>
Todd B.

"Great Tool for searching"

What do you like best?

Ease of use both the full version on the desktop and the chrome plugin. Its very easy to do a quick search and find what you're looking for. The display of the articles found is clear and concise, links are able to be copied and shared easily with others.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike as it seems that it's very reliant on tags rather than also full text search of the articles and "cards" I'm looking for.. but in general this hasn't been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to have for finding information in a single place.

Searching for updated documentation and product documentation. Easy to find these and quickly get the links to the appropriate documentation.

Guru review by Administrator

"Validation and Accessible Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Validation reminders are the missing piece in a LOT of knowledge-base software, and they do so much to help keep information clean, consistent, and up-to-date. Organization is easy, and looking up answers from anywhere with the browser extension is a breeze. Plus, there are plugins for other tools you're probably already using, like Slack.

What do you dislike?

The main UI, when you pull it up in an actual browser, can be a little cumbersome. Adding new cards is a breeze, but organizing them could be a little more intuitive and the overall UI coul dbe a tad more responsive when it comes to making changes to Collections, Boards, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Slack, absolutely invest in the Slack plugin - it makes answering colleagues' questions and keeping track of what answers need validation extremely easy.

Guru makes sharing knowledge across the company from team-to-team a breeze. With specific categories for specific teams, organizing answers to common questions and onboarding knowledge for new hires is much, much easier. It's also great to have a central location for Sales to ask Product questions, or for anyone to submit an internal Support question.

Guru review by <span>Lauren  A.</span>