Guru

Guru

Guru is reinventing knowledge sharing, providing verified information from experts on your team: where you work and when you need it most.

Work for Guru?

Learning about Guru?

Guru Reviews

Ask Guru a Question
Guru review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Guru Enables our Entire Team to Literally Do Their Jobs"

What do you like best?

Guru is simply the easiest, most straightforward way to get information. I can access the browser extension from any page, letting me review information while I'm writing e-mails, viewing our company's products, or checking out an agency website. The ability to recall information instantly is invaluable to me. Knowing that the information is always up-to-date is icing on the cake.

What do you dislike?

There are a few tech kinks that still need to be worked out. That said, the Guru staff is very friendly, highly communicative, and always open for feedback. I'm grateful and in awe that we've seen many wished-for improvements already implemented into the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pilot process was hugely helpful in figuring out how we needed to organize information in order for a successful implementation.

One of the many challenges we face as we continue to grow has been the dissemination of information. Whether it's product content or knowledge about our company policies and procedures, it's hard to keep a healthy database of knowledge when information rapidly changes. With Guru, we're able to automatically verify updates when notified, direct questions through the proper channels, and link various portals of information into one platform. What began as a pilot between two departments quickly expanded to our entire company, saving content creators time and letting individuals access the information they need, when they need it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guru
Showing 437 Guru reviews
Guru review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"I've used it at multiple companies—it's a tremendous tool to keep everyone on the same page!"

What do you like best?

* It's simplicity

* Flexibility...you can add stuff to multiple cards, various authors, all some authors to contribute and others to verify

* Integrations—such as Slack.

* it keeps all of us with the same messaging, the same procedures

* There's none of that "Oh, that email was sent before I got here"—it's in Guru!

What do you dislike?

It's not the product, but it takes awhile to develop Guru as a habit. For instance, you may still be tempted to Slack a teammate, check another resource...etc. So you've got to 1) develop the habit, 2) if the info is NOT in Guru, then you need to add it, and 3) it may be tough getting everyone to consistently use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely compare and contrast Guru with other vendors. You'd be doing yourself a disservice otherwise.

However, you will find that they're at the top of their game. They do terrific work, are not the cheapest, but that enables them to be thought leaders in their space and reinvest into the product for all of us. That, most certainly, is a good thing.

Getting and keeping everyone on the same page. Decisions, procedures, and other information change on a daily/weekly basis. If that's only shared in meetings or over cubes (assuming an office), then that's a major detriment.

It sounds underrated because it's A) not product, B) not sales, and C) not "critical". However, this is all about ensuring consistent, stable, relevant knowledge sharing so that those teams and functions can scale wicked fast.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guru
Guru review by Win San P.
Win San P.

"Intuitive, straightforward and great for internal team wikis"

What do you like best?

The interface is very intuitive and user-friendly. It's clear from the get-go exactly how to use the standard parts of the product and the Help Centre is useful in finding out more.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if this is a feature I haven't discovered yet, but I haven't found a way to create further sub-sections. I've found you can set a Board > Section > Individual articles. It'd be helpful if you could have a set up that's Board > Section > Subsection > Individual articles, with the opportunity to keep creating 'sub-sub sections' further would be really handy for maximum organisation and efficiency.

We're a rapidly scaling team and found at present a lot of our knowledge is stored all over the place across Google Drive or simply in a team member's 'memory'. Guru will help us share knowledge more efficiently as well as ensure information regarding the latest updates and changes are available to the entire team.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Guru review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Get your team's knowledge out of their heads & into one easy to access place to benefit the team"

What do you like best?

Guru makes it easy to create knowledge base content right where you spend a lot of your time -- in your web browser! Also makes it so easy to search and find content to allow you to quickly answer questions on the fly, whether answering an internal question, or on the phone with a client.

What do you dislike?

Some hotkey issues with an app running in browser window when trying to create a card, but Guru CS was responsive and worked to resolve. Overall not much to not like for basic functionality.

We have a growing department with new members being added. Departmental history was in the heads of a few employees and who were answering the same questions. Guru has allowed us to get the knowledge out of their heads and into a place where all employees can access, which has made the team more efficient. Also, it's helped with on-boarding new employees, as they spend time in Guru as part of their on-boarding to ramp more quickly and start adding value sooner by finding answers to common questions.

Guru review by Candace E.
Candace E.

"Super User Friendly Knowledge Base"

What do you like best?

It's cool that Guru and Slack talk to each other!! This helps to create cards and find cards quickly and easily. It's also helpful that you can tag and nestle cards into Boards and Collections for optimal organization of information.

What do you dislike?

Upon initial use of Guru we thought that the only way to upload information to Guru was to import it using an Excel spreadsheet and this was cause for confusion. Now we upload new cards with ease using both the Guru website and Slack!!

Housing all external and internal information in 1 place online. We've migrated all content from the Help Portal on our website, and added step-by-step internal processes instructions, to Guru so it's accessible to all staff quickly through the Guru website and(or) Slack. This is essential to quick and clean customer care and onboarding in our "Call Centre" environment.

Guru review by Sean L.
Sean L.

"Helpful to stay organized as we grow"

What do you like best?

Our goal in starting to use Guru was to come closer to a "single source of truth" for user communications/templates and process/how-to documentation, for our customer-facing teams to take advantage of. Guru has allowed us to maintain our sanity by always knowing where the most up-to-date version of something is, and cuts down on time searching for internal resources and templates. We use it to share copy via Slack a lot, pretty smooth integration there. The Guru team has also been responsive with requests and questions from us, which is a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

There have been some minor formatting and editing challenges with cards in the past, but for the most part, the main challenge is on our end - making sure verifiers have accountability and time to consistently review content and how-to's in Guru.

We are mainly solving internal efficiency challenges for our customer-facing teams. Guru enables agents to quickly pull up or share how-to documentation and templates as needed, and has saved us time previously spent organizing/updating templates stored in many different places (CRM, Gmail, Google Docs etc).

Guru review by Julie K.
Julie K.

"Guru is the shared stack of virtual sticky notes for our team!"

What do you like best?

I love that Guru lives where I live - in the web browser. I don't have to go to a different app or even a different tab. It's right there when I need it making it easy to both get information and add information.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that sometimes I wish I could move the Guru cards around the screen so I could see the question I'm trying to answer as well as the information that the Guru card contains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru's cards and verification system solved the two biggest problems for us: 1) taking us out of our workflow and 2) out-of-date information. It took me 5 minutes to realize that Guru understood where the support staff lived and what their challenges were - and solved those problems.

Our support team is answering tickets more quickly with more confidence and less "shoulder tapping" of each other and our development team. Plus Guru gives us a quick and easy way to make sure our information is up to date!

Guru review by Amara O.
Amara O.

"Nimble Knowledge Base for Teams Doing Lots of Different Things"

What do you like best?

I like that you can pull knowledge from Slack very easily and just post it in the channel. I also like that I can write Guru cards right from my browser with the Chrome extension.

It's very easy to document and write up processes and knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The permissions and groups are a bit confusing and weird. I can't share cards or information outside of my organization. Like if we document something that clients ask us all the time... we can't just share a link to the card. :/

It would be great if that were the case, because then I can include/embed the guru card in internal emails, or to clients.

Quick and easy reference to everyday processes and knowledge that needs to be shared. All in one place, that can easily be searched, without having to access/open another program. Love the validation reminders. That's really great.

Also, we have a lot of people who work outside of our organization on things, so in Slack, I can post the overview of the information which is nice.

Guru review by Collin C.
Collin C.

"Eases the pain of getting information across a support team"

What do you like best?

Guru is easy to access from a browser extension or Slack integration. Our agents can search for information from anywhere, and it's easy to turn a search into a question if the knowledge doesn't already exist. Notifications of new questions quickly go out to more experienced members of the team, who are able to reply (including with an existing card.) Outdated knowledge is identified as such, and users can request that information is re-verified.

What do you dislike?

If anything, it's made agents too dependent on the tool. It's so easy to ask questions that agents fall back on it readily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch 100% from the get-go. Get as many questions as possible into Guru, even if the answers exist in other documentation. Its usefulness scales with the content it contains, obviously.

We're using Guru to maintain product knowledge for support, success, and sales teams. It's streamlined the process of checking documentation and asking questions.

Guru review by Kayla B.
Kayla B.

"Great knowledge at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Guru is a lifesaver for quickly looking up information day to day while supporting customers. It makes it very easy to access step by step information to help guide through specific processes/procedures, and the search functionality is easy to navigate and narrow down. One of my favourite features in the extension is that it will leave up whatever you were looking at if you need to momentarily close it to check information on the page behind, so you don't lose your work.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to section my own favourited cards further; it would be helpful to be able to set up my own categories for quick reference within my favourited cards for easy/fast browsing without needing to remember an exact search term or replicate an initial search to find it. Additionally, having a "recently viewed" section would be very helpful to quick re-finding.

Allows me to access internal information on a large scale across multiple departments in the company. Able to quickly search through to find information while helping customers live, which cuts down on research times during the interaction, and speeds up resolution times.

Guru review by Mathew M.
Mathew M.

"Guru is an excellent program."

What do you like best?

How easy, fast, and convenient it is to get the answers you need to do your job. The flexibility and sharing functions are awesome too.

What do you dislike?

Often, when using a hotkey to access the app, there can be issues with the curser not inserting automatically in the search bar (or perhaps this is triggered by selecting a hotkey and subsequently accidentally hitting another key)... but it seems that very frequently, I access the app using a hotkey shortcut and then the curser is not sitting in the search bar so I'm forced to move my mouse over to the bar to insert it. Small problem, yes, but it's tedious when it's happening many times per day in an application that is designed to simplify quick information queries and save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will certainly benefit your employees.

Helping entrepreneurs solve problems with their business and on their web stores. It has allowed me to more efficiently and accurately help my clients, while reducing stress for me and my coworkers.

Guru review by Thameem Ulla K.
Thameem Ulla K.

"Create efficient sellers via contextual knowledge sharing, reduce bottlenecks & sales cycle"

What do you like best?

"Guru" is a term of endearment used in southeast Asia for someone who is knowledgeable and is willing to teach and share his/her knowledge. In every organization, there are individuals/groups who love to share their knowledge but struggle to find a medium. Guru solves this problem by providing a simplistic yet robust way to create/store/share and mine the content. The concept of collections, boards, cards with the color coding and tags, allows you to manage content in an intuitive manner. Guru’s APIs and the slack bot enables you to share the content within any application and the SaaS offering makes it readily available anytime, anywhere. And, finally, the "context" based searching is a game changer. Guru constantly learns from the searches and recommends cards based on the browser content. In an era where companies are trying to find how to use AI/ML to provide value to their customers. Guru has already shown its thought leadership by utilizing AI/ML techniques.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more maturity with their apis especially around analytics. More Graph/UI based approach to analytics will help in deeper understanding about how knowledge is imparted in the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AI/ML functionality in Guru is phenomenal and is going to be a game changer.

The biggest business problem that we are solving with Guru, is the availability of knowledge in an accurate and timely manner. Guru has reduced the email clutter and our sales team no longer feels there is a bottleneck for finding answers or getting access to experts. This has resulted in shorter sales cycle (which converts to revenue). Our sales engineering team lives on slack and the guru slack app makes it very easy to share and create knowledge. The guru slack bot enables us to use slack as our official communication channel and Guru as our knowledge base.

Guru review by James T.
James T.

"Easiest way to get trusted information quickly - and it's not even close. "

What do you like best?

As a sales person I have a few opportunities to stand out from the competition in every deal I'm working. One of those areas is process. How quickly can I get my customer an answer? How accurate is that information? How easily consumable is it? When was it last updated and who updated it?

Guru allows me to confidently address client needs (from basic product questions to complex security and infrastructure questions) completely on the fly. The Chrome plugin works flawlessly and I can - in a matter of seconds - answer questions that would otherwise slow down my sales process. I pride myself on being hyper-responsive to my client's needs and I don't know of another piece of technology our company uses that so directly enables me to do so.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. The tool over-delivers in every measurable capacity.

Trusted data from our most knowledgeable team members, continually updated and immediately accessible from anywhere.

I stopped going to Google Docs/Sharepoint/CRM Libraries/etc. Everything I need on a day-to-day basis as it pertains to information I need to be effective in my role is handled from within Guru.

Guru review by Timothy B.
Timothy B.

"Knowledge Base At Its Best"

What do you like best?

Slack Integration: Being able to send a card directly from slack is what put Guru far above the competition. Our company uses slack as our main form of communication and Guru has taken that to the next level through this integration.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would change: Have the option to sort the cards alphabetically on the board view. However, we primarily use the search feature for knowledge databases, so the alphabetical sort is just a bonus for my OCD side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the Trial and be sure to connect guru with slack if you use it.

The built-in verification feature has saved our knowledge base from becoming stale (again). We used to use a company wiki, but the information would almost always be out of date. Now, with Guru, we are able to keep ALL information up to date since Guru notifies us that a document is up for review. This feature is a life saver!

Guru review by Tripp T.
Tripp T.

"The Perfect Knowledge Management Tool"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

How often our CMO talks about it because he likes it so much. He never stops because it is so good and he drives me insane.

Recommendations to others considering the product

best app for integrating with slack and and finding content needed quick and on the fly.

By having Guru as the central source of knowledge it means that we can specifically go to one location, without having to search through several sources of information. That means that at any point information needs to be found I only need to go to one location, instead of multiple.

Guru review by Maria Angelica C.
Maria Angelica C.

"The best Knowledge Management tool for companies"

What do you like best?

Guru is so user friendly that allows any kind of employee (digital person and the ones who aren't) from our company to connect our knowledge between departments.

Also, the integration with Slack is perfect for our company of remote workers because is hard for us to connect between co-workers, specially when everyone is from everywhere, so, we save a lot of time just uploading the formats, process, reports, way of works, etc, so that way everyone knows how to get the things done easily.

What do you dislike?

I think for now, Guru has been working perfectly for our needs as a remote business company having people all around the world.

One of the thing for improvement is the organization of cards, specially when the amount is a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the best knowledge management platform for every kind of company, specially if you work with remote workers

The knowledge management for a remote business company, having people in different countries is a lot of confusion for some employees understand the main goals from every department without knowing everybody.

With Guru we found a way to connect the knowledge from everyone in an organized way, and not having a lot of docs in every cloud service.

Guru review by David F.
David F.

"Best of the Bunch depending on your workflow"

What do you like best?

Of all the features there are two which I've found really amazing and improved how I use a knowledgebase. First, the search engine within the system is amazing, I've tried about 20+ web-based knowledge bases and this has one of the better search facilities. Then there's the slack addon, the ability to search and use Guru from within slack is huge for me and is almost as good as having an App

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was an Android app for guru prviding the ability to post articles, URL's, PDF's etc to the Knowledgebase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a Knowledge management system, it's not a Document Management system, it's not an Intranet. If you use slack this will be a huge plus for you if not why not, Slack is amazing..

If you are looking to switch from Confluence its also worth noting Guru has the ability to import from Confluence and it works really well, We had over 1000 well-structured documents, tags, links etc and they all came over perfectly. Not many systems do this..

I'm in various roles which I pick up a lot of methods of doing IT or DevOps things, I started keeping the KB as I got fed up thinking "I've done this before but can't remember how" so Guru allows me to make sure those PowerShell command line or bash scripts are close to hand.

Guru review by Melanie C.
Melanie C.

"Neat internal Knowledge tool, plays well with Slack"

What do you like best?

Love the Slack integration! It's so easy to @ guru with a question in a public channel, and I love how this surfaces answers quickly and develops a culture where information is transparent and accessible.

What do you dislike?

By default, Guru's Slack integration leverages the "heavy plus sign" + emoji as a way to trigger the action to create new cards. It's a little bit messy because our team has a habit of using the "+" emoji as a way to say "+1, I agree with this" and it wakes up the Guru monster.

However, I do believe that Guru support allows users to customize that emoji, which would make this a total non-issue.

Guru helps me share information with my team quickly, and it reduces the amount of time that I'd spend typing out the same answers to questions over and over again. One benefit I've realized is that it encourages me to document more of my work sooner and in shorter chunks - even if it's just a short memo with a link to some deeper documentation - whereas, before I might have waited until I had a long and thorough document ready to share before I made it available to my colleagues as a resource. The short form nature of Guru ultimately forces me to break up the labor of creating documentation and allows me to get better feedback faster.

Guru review by Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.

"Awesome Knowledge-sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

Guru is amazing for anything you would want to "Google" internally at work. For example: What is the expected behavior of this feature? How do I work around this known issue? What is this acronym I keep hearing? Instead of clicking on and perusing dozens of documents in a file share, SharePoint site, or Dropbox, you can type some keywords and find vetted results in the form of quick, easy "cards." The Chrome extension makes this extra convenient.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to see the author and timestamp of each card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the Chrome extension. Also, set it up to surface results in Slack.

We had a lot of scattered/tribal knowledge living in different systems and people's heads. Guru has simplified the process of looking up information about product functionality, business initiatives, nuances of our office culture, and more. It is our new single source of truth.

Guru review by Jaleel M.
Jaleel M.

"Guru has centralized so much of our knowledge and become the one stop shop our ramp"

What do you like best?

We've created a ramp plan on a single card and connected that card to various associated cards throughout our Guru universe. Guru has become an interactive scavenger hunt for relevant information, and with some thought, we've been able to curate an onboarding experience that's exciting and unique. Guru is a quintessential piece of the new hire training.

We've also been able to use Guru to store competitive information, core product information and most content related to sales enablement.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not completely intuitive and with an instance full of 1732 cards, it can be a little overwhelming and daunting for folks who are new to Guru.

Before Guru, our tribal knowledge existed everywhere i.e. in our heads, in Google Docs, in notebooks on desk in our product, on our website - literally everywhere. It was time consumptive, and now we're able to access most things from the Chrome plugin.

Guru review by Harrison B.
Harrison B.

"Guru has helped consolidate cross-team education and help alleviate bottlenecks of "who knows what?""

What do you like best?

Honestly, my favorite thing about GURU is how easy it is to use and navigate. I trust the top results based on my query now and have the ability to get in touch with the card editor/creator for real change if I see that it needs updates or correction.

What do you dislike?

Scope and Scale; basically a fancy way of saying that without having an adequate scope for what goes in GURU, how it goes in, and why it goes in, GURU can easily become a sloppy mess of discombobulated knowledge. Fortunately, organization is pretty easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How do you currently have internal knowledge organized? How quickly do you need to scale and communicate internal knowledge? To how many folks?

Problem Statement: How do we as a company organize, communicate, and educate our employees with the best, most up-to-date intel on a variety of topics?

Guru review by Corin M.
Corin M.

"Excellent knowledge management tool , seamless integrations"

What do you like best?

The ability to choose how I want to work with Guru sets it apart from many other knowledge management tools I've worked with in the past. I can go to their site, I can query a Chrome extension, I can talk to it in Slack and even integrate it into a team Slack channel so we can all learn together from Guru... Can't say enough about how great this flexibility is for enabling productivity!

What do you dislike?

I only found one frustration with Guru so far, just one, and it's already been fixed since I discovered it! There was an issue where the text box wasn't visible when adding an expert to a new question you're asking your team through Guru, so it wasn't intuitive that you could tag anyone other than the popular results. I mentioned this to our team Guru liaison, she had a call with a Guru rep the next day, and now it's fixed!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've used previous knowledge management tools and been frustrated, Guru may be your cure. The abilities to designate subject matter experts, verify information, and flag information for review are all central to what makes Guru one of the best tools I've worked with.

Before we'd experimented with various knowledge management tools like Atlassian's Confluence, but none yielded a streamlined flow for storing knowledge AND managing it. The flows in Guru for connecting with your team and constantly improving the quality of your knowledge base are exceedingly intuitive. We're now collaborating in new and more effective ways.

Guru review by Jesse C.
Jesse C.

"Great app for customer service and internal info gathering!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to create content on the fly.

Our team can ask questions of members and then keep the information for internal reference or post the information to the online published site for customer use.

Integrates seamlessly to the guru bot in slack so that searching can be done within slack.

The web-app plugin for searching is an awesome tool for our agents to use for finding information or asking questions.

I searched high and low for a product similar to guru and tried a lot of them to no avail until I found guru. Nothing compares to the ease of use and the ability to post resources for our customers

What do you dislike?

It's a little confusing to navigate and understand how to create the content at first. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the terminology (groups, collections, boards, tags, cards, etc.)

The published site is a little tricky to search

Recommendations to others considering the product

best app for integrating with slack and publishing an easy to edit external faq/wiki for customers

we post our common questions/answers, internal, and external facing technical information for multiple software types. The best part is retaining information from our reps and having a database for those question/answers.

Guru review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"Documenting all the tribal knowledge with ease and accessibility"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! Guru integrates seamlessly into Slack, so I'm able to see when questions have been asked of me or comments are made on cards I own. Due to how streamlined/how clean the UI is, plus the chrome extension and slackbot, we've seen immediate broad adoption on our sales team and are currently rolling out to our success team.

What do you dislike?

There has been a bit of guess work with functionality, but (admittedly), I'm a remote employee and missed the training that the sales team received, so I was really just poking around and figuring things out myself. After creating a few cards and answering a few Qs I feel very confident... I have few complaints!

Formalizing a knowledge base, minimizing the Q&A run in Slack, the @here and @channel Qs when someone was on a call with a customer or prospect, the repeat questions asked in Slack. It has been really great to shift this conversation into a place where answers are more readily searchable. As we hire new people, this will also be instrumental in ramp and training.

Guru review by Jonathan O.
Jonathan O.

"Guru makes searching through internal docs far easier and manageable."

What do you like best?

The search feature in Guru is really comprehensive. So long as your own documentation is organised sensibly, Guru will always ensure that you get the most relevant article. This is amplified when it comes to the use of tags within the application, allowing you to further filter your search.

The Slack app is also very helpful, giving you the key information from the article within the message, meaning you won't always even need to boot into Guru to get the information you need.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome extension is very useful, but I find that the automatic popup is a bit too small to read through articles properly. I also don't like the way that the cards layer over one another when clicking into different articles from the original article.

Guru review by Claira H.
Claira H.

"Guru is the Best Solution for Fluidity in Internal Documentation"

What do you like best?

Guru has so many areas that make it an intelligent design for internal documentation. The ability to update a verifier on a card allows for information to be accurate by encouraging delegation to those subject matter experts. The delegation of the information goes smoothly with the shnazzy Slack integration and the Google Chrome extension, and makes the workflow change an asset rather than a chore. The app itself is visually appealing, which actually does make a difference when working with information in bulk. Also, the multitude of filters in the Card Manager also makes reworking and redesigning any categorization a big task very manageable.

What do you dislike?

Trying to figure out how to best set up Guru to fit out team took a bit of time to find the right fit and had its own growing pains. It would have been really helpful when getting started to learn some success stories and how other teams have setup Guru to be the efficient and effective tool it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the documentation organization flexible so it can adapt and work as the documentation and team grow. Try to break out your product into areas of expertise and people to own it. Having the Guru manager handle everything gets overwhelming quickly. Focus on how delegation makes your team stronger.

The Handshake Support Team didn't have a method to quickly document or search for internal knowledge on the product, and we found Guru to be a great solution for this. The app itself is simple and allows for a very visually friendly organization method for a large amount of data, and the Google extension and Slack integration were very influential in allowing it to be easily brought to the team workflow. From this we can find gaps in knowledge, needed areas of clarification, and areas to build out to external documentation.

Guru review by Bnonn T.
Bnonn T.

"Guru is indispensable to our agency's and clients' knowledge management"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and attractive, and the content hierarchy forces you to structure information in a way that you often realize later was the best balance between going too deep, and going too flat.

What do you dislike?

When the interface is good, it's really good, but when it is bad it is very frustrating. There are some quirks that are fine once you know them, but there are other things that are just awkward, like the clunky way of creating board collections. I also really wish they had a reseller program as we use Guru for all our clients' knowledge management!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not aware of any system that holds a candle to Guru, and we did some fairly extensive research before committing to it. Imo it's a no-brainer choice.

We use Guru for storing and sharing basically any knowledge that needs to be stored and shared, apart from customer relationship information. We have basically replaced a huge mess of Google docs with an elegant knowledge system that knocks the pants off any wiki (the other option we were considering) and looks super slick when we show it to clients (on the client side, we use it primarily for showcasing our own sales playbook, and for creating sales playbooks).

Guru review by Carol T.
Carol T.

"Pretty convenient to use"

What do you like best?

Guru's great in that it's accessible via a Chrome extension and via Slack. It's literally easier than going through a Google Drive to find documents or bits of informatoin.

What do you dislike?

I hoped it would be more of a data repository. I'm sure it's because I or my team could be leveraging links/documents better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wasn't part of the setup process, but I highly recommend to do something like our team where we have boards and cards tagged accordingly for each department/team.

The Implementation team at SalesLoft has primarily been using Guru like a library. This is where we store onboarding documents for our new hires, training materials, and business process steps that may involve other people at SalesLoft. It's also a great way for us to see materials our Sales team uses.

Guru review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Great tool for my department but lacks one important thing"

What do you like best?

That cards are easily searchable and can be organized into boards.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to find a way to change the expiration date on previously created cards. If there's a way to do this, it could be made easier to find.

When I first created the bulk of our cards, I set the expiration date to a lower timeline than I would have liked to. I now know that our internal processes don't change often enough to warrant the date I set. Now I have to re-approve cards at a rate I feel is too often.

This is a major reason I've dropped off a bit. Hopefully theres an existing way to change the interval.

Customer service processes and canned responses. Back end admin how to's for our software.

Guru review by Bailie N.
Bailie N.

"Info is easy to write and easy to find"

What do you like best?

The way the cards are organized. You group them in ways that make sense to you and your team so it's easy to create guides and how-to's - especially great when onboarding new team members. The Slack integration is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to figure out how to contribute with a new board/knowledge group. Luckily Guru was very helpful with getting me up to speed here.

Our business runs on a series of complex operations. Being able to revisit the how-to on something you haven't done in a while (or ever before) is invaluable to saving time of everyone in the office. Instead of having to bother a colleague, I get on Guru first.

Guru review by Nicole L.
Nicole L.

"I believe that GURU is a very helpful program for assisting me in my job duties. "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the keywords will more than likely pull up the correct document that I am looking for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is the fact that the GURU documents do not have article #'s associated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that key words are utilized to their fullest potential because that is what helps me find the articles that I need to do my job. I would also like to recommend that the use of article #'s would be helpful in researching and validating the use of particular articles.

It provides a program to assist us in assisting the customers that call. This provides a benefit of not having to rely on calling or reaching out to another team member or management to assist us in our calls.

Guru review by Paige K.
Paige K.

"Cool Platform - love the search "

What do you like best?

The Chrome Plug-in/Ad-on. It makes searching for things a cinch. Love that it searches the titles and the content... AND it keeps all the ones I use the most right at my finger tips.

What do you dislike?

The website is a bit bulky sometimes - I don't like having to reassign users/owners to the cards and the sorting can be a bit touchy - but it's not a real complaint, just something I'd like to see improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free - that part is pretty clutch. It has the ability to make cards viewable to the public so you can use them as a FAQ for your users/customers too... but the cost to make a dedicated site from these resources I think is still too high. Will be interesting to see where Guru goes in the coming days

It is a great way to acclimate our new hires really fast. It allows our information to be updated constantly and always the most up to date source. Love that we can put collateral pieces in it so that we can share them across teams within our company.

Guru review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Guru is a game changer!"

What do you like best?

What I love most about Guru, aside from their impressive support team, is the fact that this product is truly a game changer! Before Guru, we had 5 different platforms on which we stored information for our support team (Salesforce, Confluence, Google Docs, etc.) it was frustrating and time consuming. Now with Guru not only is all our knowledge centralized, but our team is engaged and we are confident that the information we are accessing is up-to-date. This tool ensures that we no longer have one or two individual's on the team with all the knowledge, and holds us accountable to recording product information.

What do you dislike?

The only real feedback I have is that I wish Guru could make a two way sync between our Help Center and Guru, we'd love to have Guru be the single place for both internal and external knowledge management -- but I've heard there is some support for a workaround coming in the future!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We are streamlining our knowledge management company-wide. We've cut Support resolution time in half (30 biz hours to 17!). We've found an engaging way to keep our product information up-to-date, and instilled trust in our product knowledge as a team overall.

Guru review by Nicole  W.
Nicole W.

"The Power of Knowledge at Your Fingertips"

What do you like best?

Because Guru has so many cards within categories, it can sometimes be overwhelming at first for a new guru like myself. The discovery of Guru's Slack integration has been a total game changer for me - I can submit a question and have it fire back the best solutions to an issue!

What do you dislike?

I'd love the option to sort my personal favorite cards into categories within Guru, rather than having to have them all bookmarked in my browser - sort of like the 'knowledge' for different teams, but having my go-to cards right there.

Guru helps me find (almost) anything - from "how to create a drop down menu" to how to handle difficult interactions, and can often guide you in what direction to go if you seek further information on a subject.

Guru review by Sharett B.
Sharett B.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

I like that Guru has to be updated and monitored by the organization to ensure all guru cards are up to date, and keep up with changes in an organization.

If a product, procedure, or service updates, the creator of the card is reminded in x amount of days to update the card.

I also like the desktop extension, so that I can easily search a keyword or phrase without having to open another tab on my browser just to explore Guru.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the amount of search results that appear when looking for a topic. Sometimes searching provides an extra amount of results and the results are not at all related to the search term. The search term is sometimes not found anywhere in some of the results.

I am reviewing Guru cards submitted by other employees.

Guru review by Nick L.
Nick L.

"Great tool for Sales, Marketing, and Product teams alike"

What do you like best?

The ability to have something as simple as a chrome extension house an entire database of knowledge. Super convenient when on the phone with a prospect and need to get a quick answer for them. No more searching around in a sea of tabs during a call.

What do you dislike?

I think the search function could be better. At the same time I am still fairly new with the platform and as time goes on I will get better at searching the system.

Housing our internal intelligence in an easy to access place has allowed for better communication across departments. Sales now knows how to address certain things in a way that would be helpful for different departments. Previously there was a tendency to silo and this has allowed for more open communication.

Guru review by Alita M.
Alita M.

"Great Internal Tool"

What do you like best?

I love being able to direct internal questions to one source rather than instructing them to look in several different places hoping the material they need is in one of those spots.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I mainly create content cards for the platform and find it very easy to use.

I'm on the Sales Enablement team and therefore we receive a lot of questions about where to find training materials. We have many different places we could point people in the direction to without exactly knowing if the information they need is going to be there because other teams control them. Guru makes it easy for them to check in one place and get all the materials they may need. Plus, we get a lot fewer questions!

Guru review by marlie s.
marlie s.

"Could give google a run for their money"

What do you like best?

accuracy wise- everything pulls up quickly and the website is easily understandable and navigational. the information is easily read and can be quickly relayed to customers at most after placing them on a brief hold . the layout is smooth and makes things easier to look through documents. another feature that is appreciated is the ability to look up co-workers contact emails for communication purposes

What do you dislike?

word verbiage for searching things have to be placed in a certain manner in order for the correct documents to pop up. sometimes the documentation that is meant to be pulled up for cases are located more so at the bottom of the page rather then the front. other then that there is no additional complaints to make for this site

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly advised

word verbiage has to be painfully specific, and the only other thing is that some cards are blank or redirect to the same card open previously however other then those concerns the App functions beautifully

Guru review by Amber H.
Amber H.

"Great Resource for Sharing Information within Your Company"

What do you like best?

Guru makes it very easy to create and share important information within a company. The format is very easy to learn and very intuitive. The Slack integration is the most helpful - we can share cards with other coworkers with just a few keystrokes!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really that I dislike about Guru. Everything is great so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll love it once you try it out - it's so easy to use and looks great too!

We've struggled with the sharing of the most updated information with regard to our products and services within our own company. Many of our information resources were outdated and not centralized so Guru makes this much easier, especially with the validation aspect and ability to review at specific time intervals.

Guru review by Jenni P.
Jenni P.

"Great way to organize bits of info"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to navigate. The integration with Slack is also awesome. And the one time I've had to get support so far, the representative was friendly, informative, and understood what I was saying.

What do you dislike?

The formatting options are very prosumer, and don't give as much flexibility as I'd like. For example, I'm unable to create a code block within a list. Also, I was dissatisfied the other day when I could not add a certain card to a board because it was assigned to another "team".

Up until now, we've had so many different ways of storing knowledge: Google Docs, Slack, a separate KB, people's heads... We're still building our Guru content, but it's proving itself really helpful so far to store everything in one place. (Worries about eggs and baskets aside)

Guru review by Alison P.
Alison P.

"Awesome for resources"

What do you like best?

It's quick and efficient. We can easily find everything we need. While on a phone call, I can pull up technical questions in a matter of seconds. It also eases the burden on tenured employees, managers, and trainers. New employees have to ask fewer questions. It's also easy to comment about what types of information should be added or if there is information that isn't correct or is outdated. What I've heard from admins is that it is also really easy to edit cards and organize information.

What do you dislike?

Setting up guru can be a bit of a challenge due to keywords but it isn't too hard. If there aren't enough hashtags, cards are sometimes hard to find. Overall though, once the information is in there it is so much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

How much information do you have and is it worth it. If you have a small team, it's probably not worth it. We have a rapidly growing team and a lot of knowledge. It really makes knowledge easy to find especially for new employees.

We use Guru to organize all of our information whether it is technical or HR. It's really helpful and much easier to search. It's also easy to collaborate with team members on information. Before we had a library on several formats and you had to know exactly where to look for the information. When connecting Guru with Slack, everything is easier.

Guru review by User in Internet

"Fast & Functional "

What do you like best?

Guru offers me super efficient access to the huge amount of information required to do my job well. This relieves n incredible amount of pressure that would otherwise require me to commit it all to memory. It's clean, compact, well organized and a breeze to search.

What do you dislike?

Guru doesn't always populate the way it should, sometimes coming up as a tab instead of it's extension. This can be frustrating as I don't always have the room to use it that way. When this happens it can make an already difficult or stressful situation worse. Additionally, it would be nice to know the age of a card, and therefore the age of it's information. Verification is okay for this, but verifiers aren't always dependable in keeping the information up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your keywords! Don't get too crazy with favouriting cards, you'll want to keep things relevant and a headwater card usually links other relevant cards.

Guru helps be keep up to date on important protocols and troubleshooting practices. The favourite function helps me keep relevant information at the ready so that I can answer my customer questions almost before they have the chance to answer them.

Guru review by Katherine V.
Katherine V.

"New job showed me this as an answer for previous jobs' issues!"

What do you like best?

We are a higher education division that works a great deal with student workers, some of whom are answering phones while senior staff are not around to answer questions. Guru lets us point them to a one-stop-shop for information curated and vetted by our senior staff.

I've already suggested this to two different colleagues who run seasonal programs that rely on temporary staffing - this is a great way to build knowledge resources for temp staff.

What do you dislike?

I'm not quite familiar enough with the program to have found bugs or issues. No complaints yet!

Knowledge sharing is so much easier than it has been in previous similar positions. Guru has allowed us to speak particularly effectively to the needs of our technology literate college students, as well.

Guru review by Troy S.
Troy S.

"Work Smarter--Not harder"

What do you like best?

This is in the early stages of being developed and I am starting out on the ground floor as well. I learn a little- get used to the where about of all this wonderful information and then watch it grow. Wonderful people working hard on my GURU. I look forward to contributing as I am learning new procedures daily

What do you dislike?

I have NO complaints. As I stated. It is a wonderful work in progress. As new situations arise they will be added . There will be constant changes. Right now it works for my own knowledge

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relax and learn

Knowledge Base is all about the most common situations we deal with. I don't have to reach out as much asking questions and I am offering quicker Cx service. It gives me direction. WHen I have someone on hold. I like to get the information needed as quickly as possible in order to get a quick resolve and get on with the next Client. GUGU helps me do this

Guru review by Clayton R.
Clayton R.

"Guru is my external brain."

What do you like best?

I love the card verification step of Guru. Having a wiki-like source of information at your team's fingertips is great, but useless unless the information is kept current. The ability to be notified of cards pending verification is just awesome and updating cards has worked its way into my daily workflow!

What do you dislike?

Not much, really.

Any problem I have had, I ping Guru support and they are on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Guru is easy to set up and implement. There is a free level of the app, so dive right in. If it doesn't work for you, no worries! Make sure you try the Slack integration and Chrome Extension. They make the app.

Having complex information readily available, up-to-date, and easily searchable is huge for our team. This allows us to have greater confidence when going to our users, internal and external, with information. The main benefit here is increased confidence in your customer interactions. It's almost like your Guru has your back in tough situations!

Guru review by Administrator

"Awesome Knowledge Management App!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the verification feature. With a product that is ever-changing, this feature allows us to verify that information is current and accurate by assigning an expert to verify pieces of information, and specifying how often those pieces of information should be verified. I also really like the Q&A feature, which allows you to ask a question to be answered by an expert. The user interface is also really nice, and allows you to interact with the app through a number of different channels; which ever works best for you. What do I like best? Guru!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I dislike; but some areas of improvement could be more styling options when adding content. Some functionality can be improved as far as the workflow, but this can easily be solved by the Guru team watching what their users try to do. For example, some search features could allow drag-n-dropping or filtering by board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try!

As a quickly growing team, there is an increasing need to share knowledge between team members. Previously, we would have to ask the same question over and over again, and there would oftentimes be a delay in getting a response as our team is spread out through different time zones. This app allows us to ask questions without it getting overlooked in a chat thread and keep our knowledge up to date internally, and now, externally, we are going to host our help center through Guru!

Guru review by Jeremy K.
Jeremy K.

"Easy to access team knowledge base"

What do you like best?

The browser extension is really easy to use and very quick to find important info. It's a great way for us to document things across the team and we use it very heavily. Before we'd have important information lost in email or distributed across lots of google docs. Now guru is our go to spot for key company information and it keeps people consistent with team processes.

What do you dislike?

The permissions system for groups and sensitive information could be a bit clearer. I'm not sure that we have the plan with extra analytics but that would be helpful on the base paid plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to setup and organize but it's worth keeping the information up to date.

It's our internal documentation. It's easy to keep it updated. Before we had everything across a ton of google docs which was disorganized and hard to keep up to date.

Guru review by Zack L.
Zack L.

"I didn't know this existed until my company adopted it, and now... I love it! "

What do you like best?

The enormous library of knowledge that we require for our work is made accessible by this tool. It's awesome.

What do you dislike?

I find that the search can often be a little bit inaccurate, though, to be fair, I'm not super adept at using the conditional tools to refine my search. Also, we have so many topics where the title differentiates by a single word, which is a large reason why this problem exists for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really learn how to use the search function. There's a few conditionals that make it much easier to refine your search and get what you're trying to see. If you use Guru to access a humongous bounty of knowledge, then it's crucial to be able to search it effectively. So, take the time to master the search function.

Guru is THE tool for our Support team. It contains all of the information about our company that is required by our Support team to work quickly with our customers.

Guru review by LANNA P.
LANNA P.

"GURU IS GREATER THAN GREAT!"

What do you like best?

ALTHOUGH THERE ARE MANY ASPECTS TO GURU THAT I ENJOY, THE ONE I LIKE ABOVE ALL IS HOW EASILY ACCESSIBLE THE NEEDED INFORMATION IS.

What do you dislike?

IF I HAD TO PICK SOMETHING TO SIMPLY IMPROVE, NOT NECESSARILY A DISLIKE, IT WOULD BE TO MOVE THE CRS TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE. MAN Y TIMES, I AM FAMILIAR WITH WHAT THE DOCUMENT STATES, YET I STILL HAVE TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM TO FIND MY REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GIVE IT A TRY AND YOUR EMPLOYEES WILL THANK YOU!

GURU IS A VITAL PART OF MY EVERYDAY SUCCESS. EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER I DEAL WITH, I ALSO DEAL WITH GURU. SOMETIMES IT HAS THE ANSWERS WHEN NONE OF MY PEER OR SUPERVISORS EVEN DO.

Guru review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great value for a knowledge management solution"

What do you like best?

Much easier to tag and search vs. using Google Drive, Dropbox or any other mechanism that's more storage than knowledge management. I like that it forces you to revisit items to keep them evergreen. Showing the most searched or visited items is extremely helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

Curious to see how the AI components will help. Like I wish it knew what questions I will ask before asking. Just kidding. Not much we dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a well thought out plan on how you will use and who will use. Don't just implement it without thinking these things through. Anyone can contribute but to get the ROI you must ensure that people are contributing and using for specific use cases. After that it becomes second nature.

Centralized knowledge management was needed. We have TONS of documentation but it was all over the place and not contextual or easy to find. It makes our customer support function smoother and faster to troubleshoot customer issues.

Guru review by Maheen M.
Maheen M.

"Great Enablement Platform"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and I love the fact you can verify cards to see if the content is relevant or not.

What do you dislike?

I have not encountered anything I dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you establish process on how content should get updated prior to purchasing

We have a lot of information all of the place and Guru was able to provide a platform that made sure the information we had was relevant and correct. It places ownership of the content contributors to make sure that their cards are up to date! It has also made sure that everyone is looking up the right information.

Learn more about Guru

Guru Videos

Learning about Guru?

Published:
* We monitor all Guru reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.