Gusto

Gusto

Payroll, benefits, and HR made refreshingly easy.

Work for Gusto?

Learning about Gusto?

Gusto Reviews

Ask Gusto a Question
Showing 196 Gusto reviews
Gusto review by <span>Julie F.</span>
Julie F.

"Perfection for Payroll"

What do you like best?

I am a sole proprietor and payroll can be overwhelming and daunting. Gusto has taken all the guesswork out of the process. Every step of the way they take care of federal and state taxes. I was able to obtain unemployment insurance through them and they linked me so I could obtain workman's comp. They made a process that I could have easily messed up.

Their customer service is also magnificent. I only have a few employees and with some companies, you get the sense they are not as attuned to the little guy.

What do you dislike?

Thus far in the process, I have run into no major issues with this product. I wanted to delete a message from the home page and couldn't seem to do it so if that happened a lot it could be annoying. However, this is a product I would recommend to almost anyone.

This is helping with all my HR needs and payroll. I keep learning additional little bonus applications in Gusto from other users. It also helps me keep track of PTO for my team. I plan on using it for more benefit management in the future. Using Gusto has taken a lot of worry off my shoulders and has streamlined the hiring, HR and payroll processes. Oh and I don't want to forget their cute information and positive notifications in the payroll emails. My team loves them! :)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gusto
Gusto review by <span>Martha M.</span>
Martha M.

"I'm not afraid of payroll any more"

What do you like best?

Easy to use platform that provides guidance for corrections or upcoming due dates. Excellent customer service both from my dedicated reps and the various teams I've worked with for integration, etc.

What do you dislike?

I'll never enjoy running payroll as it requires me to maintain a schedule for people to get paid on time, but my clients see having payroll done for them as added value, so I appreciate that Gusto makes it as easy as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the migration team whenever possible, switch ideally at year end but at least at quarter end and not mid-quarter. The lowest tier is still a full-service package and will likely meet the needs of most small businesses.

I didn't offer any payroll services before working with Gusto, so I lost out on clients sometimes that wanted a one-stop solution. The platform is easy to use so my clients (that run their own payroll) feel like I've found a great service for them, and for the clients for whom I run payroll, I feel confident that Gusto has my back in filing the necessary forms and knowing what taxes are applicable. I also love not being the one to collect personal data from employees to enter in the payroll system.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Gusto review by <span>Emily C.</span>
Emily C.

"Review of Gusto"

What do you like best?

I was surprised at how easy it was to navigate through. I usually have to be walked through a new process, but was able to figure out how to submit payroll all by myself, and very quickly!

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was an app for what I use this program for. I use it primarily for adding new employees and submitting payroll. It's fine using a web browser, but I always prefer if apps are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely would recommend Gusto - if only for the payroll alone! It's less expensive for processing payroll and you don't have to rely on someone else to do it for you - it's all in your hands!

We are paying less money to process payroll; there is no longer a third party involved in payroll; and they have made it so simple that we're wondering why we didn't do this long before!

Gusto review by <span>Robby M.</span>
Robby M.

"Amazing service, guidance, flows through to software, and it's great to know I'm in compliance"

What do you like best?

Payroll is extremely complex and that only increases in the context of HR matters. Gusto does an incredible job of responding quickly, helping me understanding how to stay in compliance, and fully automates the process. It's nice to know that my taxes are handled and my employees are paid so that I can run my business. As an accountant, I use the product for my practice, but I also am able to have full faith for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints about Gusto. I've never had a problem, they're supportive and do a great job explaining everything, communicating and reporting timely!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent to use if you want compliance taken care of for you, you're comfortable using a cloud-based application, and use for direct deposit or check printing for employees. They scale, so you can change your level appropriate for your growth and size of your business.

Gusto makes it possible for me to have payroll completely off my plate and in compliance with State and Federal tax authorities. Furthermore, when I don't have an answer, they do! I rely on this kind of guidance to be successful in my practice. Payroll is not something I sought to specialize in, so by working with Gusto, my clients and I have payroll, we have visibility int he accounting application and we have streamlined our process.

Gusto review by <span>Ingrid K.</span>
Ingrid K.

"We love working with Gusto."

What do you like best?

I like that our employees ENJOY using Gusto. They tell me that Gusto is easy to use and makes keeping track of benefits so simple. As an admin, I like how easy Gusto makes onboarding and how I can take care of everything in one place. I can't wait to grow our company and use more of Gusto's great benefits!

What do you dislike?

I dislike waiting for new features!! That's less of a dislike and more of being impatient. For instance, I had Gusto's commuter benefits approved through our financial grapevine even though they are more expensive than our current solution but I was put on a waitlist for the benefit. I'm happy Gusto isn't taking on more than they can handle - it would ruin their stellar customer service - but I can't wait to move everything into Gusto!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them - you won't regret it. Your employees will thank you.

Gusto makes it easy to handle our operations for our 11 person team. As the only operations employee, it's important that I am able to keep track of all things payroll/benefits/HR. Gusto keeps me on track :) Gusto made me think more about how to help our employees and what would make their experience better.

Gusto review by <span>Michelle L.</span>
Michelle L.

"User friendly for paychecks and record keeping"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the program is. Gusto is very easy to navigate and you can easily access paystubs, benefits, tax documents, etc. Additionally, anytime an employee needs to update their direct deposit information, they can easily do that through Gusto, which allows our employees to even split deposits between multiple accounts - easiest program I have used to complete that task.

What do you dislike?

Gusto is so easy to use, I honestly do not have any dislikes. I can't even critique their webpage design. It is simple and does everything it needs to do. Nothing more, nothing less. While the program could used enhanced integration, using Gusto specifically to manage payroll has worked for our small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gusto is simple, straightforward, and easy for our employees to use and navigate.

We use gusto to cut employee paychecks. Once paid, the employees receive their pay stub in their email, which they can easily check to ensure accuracy. The pay stubs are very straightforward and easy to understand. The program also stores all pay stubs and tax documents, so those important documents are always easy to access.

Learn more about Gusto

Gusto Videos

Gusto Downloads

Learning about Gusto?

* We monitor all Gusto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.