H5P

H5P is a free and open source technology for creating richer online experience.

Work for H5P?

Learning about H5P?

Compare H5P to Similar Solutions

H5P Reviews

Showing 16 H5P reviews
H5P review by Rickard S.
Rickard S.

"Great interactive content - inside & outside the LMS"

What do you like best?

We love the way H5P makes creating interactive and inspiring content an easy task for everyone. And, as a Totara Partner, we and our clients really like the opportunity to be able to create the content directly inside the Totara Learn LMS. There are several really interesting interactive content types, which can be used for both interactive learning (quizzes, interactive video) as well as to enhance the UX by adding more engaging and visual content.

And - we really like the opportunities to share and reuse all content, even outside the LMS.

At Xtractor we also appreciate the open source nature of H5P, which makes it fit perfectly with our other open source based learning technologies.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to find something to dislike with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

The main benefits we've seen it's that it radically lowers the barrier for (new) content/course creators, even more so as H5P content can be created directly in the LMS. And that content can now be shared and reused - no more inventing the same wheel again and again.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about H5P
H5P review by Margie A.
Margie A.

"This is all you need to make great interactive content"

What do you like best?

This is an amazing tool to make easy, creative interactive content in no time! The tools are very user friendly, self explanatory and completely customizable! There are a lot of options including YouTube integration, and other sources. H5P also works with Drupal and Wordpress which are two of the platforms we currently use, it has been a great advantage for us!

What do you dislike?

So far it's been all good, if anything language translations, but since the user can customize buttons and labels, for the end user it wouldn't be a problem, though, the editor needs to understand it. But there are plans to have translations. A feature that will make this even greater is to be able to use the interactive content as stand alone, so users could download for in-person workshops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitively give H5P a try and you'll love it! It will take your content to another level. Plus all the interactions you can use in a single content gives you tons of possibilities to create multiple versions and still make it fun and dynamic.

We've been using different tools to make interactive content for LMS and other online platforms and none works like this. There are expensive tools that could create similar products but require time to master and H5P makes it so easy that it's fun to do.

What Web Design solution do you use?

H5P review by Elizabeth E.
Elizabeth E.

"Great way to create interactive content for free"

What do you like best?

The best feature hands down is how good it looks on mobile. The content types are responsive, touch-friendly, and generally have a nice clean look to them. I've had no issues with this feature and hope that continues to be true.

What do you dislike?

There is sometimes a lack of consistency between content types. For example, one type of quiz question might have a sound effect after the user hits submit while another does not. Some might include options to insert audio while other, similar content types do not. It would be helpful if such options were uniformly available across content types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get involved in the H5P community if you can. They're great people with some awesome goals.

I am creating interactive learning modules for an elearning course. H5P has been a great addition to the project in terms of course authoring. The varied content types lend themselves well to the type of project we're doing. The fact that H5P is available under a Creative Commons license is especially helpful for those on a budget or who wish to give back without a lot of money to spend.

H5P review by Alexander H.
Alexander H.

"Not only for LMS usage"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, easy to maintain AND it is an active project. Means, you get new content types, and even as a beginner you have a friendly community to ask.

What do you dislike?

External access to data is not as easy as with other solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look at the samples on the official website before deciding to implement and invest some time in it.

We are using H5P implemented in a Wordpress setup to distribute "brain nuggets" to our interested customers by newsletter.

H5P review by shrey p.
shrey p.

"Best content collaboration framework"

What do you like best?

H5P is a best content collaboration framework based on JavaScript.h5p is a free and open source.easy for everyone to create,share,and reuse interactive HTML 5 .

What do you dislike?

H5P does not give preview option on your project.no webcam or screen recording.

Recommendations to others considering the product

H5P is the best online website creation but wordpress is the better option.

H5P is free and easy to use.beat e-learning authoring tool that's ideal for one-off courses or companies that can't dedicate budget to training.

H5P review by User

"H5P"

What do you like best?

I love H5P. I use it in conjunction with Canvas LMS to create interactive, engaging content. I love all the different types of products that can be created and how easy it is to embed.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the platform was a little more intuitive. Sometimes I think I am working on one thing, but I’ve actually selected the wrong item from the options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will love it! Explore the examples.

H5P has been incredibly useful in modeling how to add interactive components to instruction in the classroom.

H5P review by User in Law Enforcement
User in Law Enforcement

"Love H5P"

What do you like best?

I love the the Tutorials. Love the many different ways that I can embed to my website to get my readers interested!

What do you dislike?

I wish that this site can have an AI that can create all the content with just one idea. It would make it so much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still learning, but the only recommendations I would say just know how you want to interact with you readers, because H5P have so many cool ways to do so.

I love teaching and being able to have games and quizzes make it more fun to teach. One benefit is getting my readers to interact and learn more things then doing videos. This is a great way to make them learn more.

H5P review by Administrator

"Positive Feedback for H5P"

What do you like best?

H5P has the ability to make the courses I develop and facilitate in Moodle more creative and meaningful for users. My online courses are now more streamlined with H5P.

What do you dislike?

I’m a new user, but so far I really like what I am seeing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give H5P a try. It’s been a pleasant surprise.

H5P is free, which is important when you work for a non-profit.

H5P review by Harshal P.
Harshal P.

"Best to use in LMS "

What do you like best?

Easy to learn . Good community support .

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike .As they have solved all our problems previously on time and also improved so much in terms of their support and services they provide .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes . Recommended .

We have solved a lot many problems using this and also yes we have used their community support sometimes also .

H5P review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Great interactive tool"

What do you like best?

It's a free product that allows our instructors to create engaging interactive practice problems.

What do you dislike?

I can insert mathematical equations in it for algebra, geometry or physics.

We currently pay for software that allows us to create interactive practice and H5P is free.

H5P review by User

"You get what you've paid for. "

What do you like best?

H5P is free and easy to use. You can get started within minutes. It offers more than 20 course architectures.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't offer the versatility of other paid tools. No PowerPoint importing. No preview option. No webcam or screen recording. No survey tool or customization.

As a small business that doesn't have budget to spend on interactive content, H5P is a godsend. I've been able to quickly and easily build complex courses that can be downloaded as local files or embedded into content management system (CMS) articles.

H5P review by User in Design
User in Design

"Fun Plugin"

What do you like best?

You can implement rich and interesting elements without having to manually code them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, but I have only used it for a few elements.

I wanted to create a rich bar graph without having to draw it in Illustrator. H5P provided me with what I needed.

H5P review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"A Fantastic Program!"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating questions as well as the compatibility of the program.

What do you dislike?

Instructions on the creation of some question types are lacking.

It allows us to do embed formative feedback activities within a variety of sources such as Moodle or WordPress.

H5P review by Krysti S.
Krysti S.

"Amazing~"

What do you like best?

Great quality, nothing else like it on the market!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, amazing product that anyone would love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great item! Do you research, give it a try and I know you will love it!

It provides an easy user ability anyone can understand!

H5P review by Radhika K.
Radhika K.

"Data modelling"

What do you like best?

Data preservance and data modelling is achieved well

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything much about this tool.

When using sap universe it's easy to regulate the data flow.

H5P review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"H5P is free and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's a solid eLearning tool for companies with a low budget

Easy to work with

What do you dislike?

you get what you pay for, so it's pretty slimmed down, but it does what it says it will!

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a try == nothing to lose

best for small, low budget applications that need interactive content

Learning about H5P?

* We monitor all H5P reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare H5P to Similar Solutions