HackerRank

HackerRank is a platform that is used by programmers to hone their skills and by companies to recruit great tech talent.

Work for HackerRank?

Learning about HackerRank?

HackerRank Reviews

Ask HackerRank a Question
Showing 203 HackerRank reviews
HackerRank review by Mohd Anas K.
Mohd Anas K.

"A competitive programming platform which everyone needs."

What do you like best?

Hackerrank is majorly known for its competitive programming questions. The best thing, I like in Hackerrank is its direct screening of applicants. From the last few years, Hackerrank is seen as a market leader in the field of competitive computer programming. Most of the recruiters, nowadays use this platform for applicant screening during on/off campus selection process.

What do you dislike?

Though Hackerrank is good platform for competitive computer programming, still it has few things which needs to be done. The difficulty of the questions are not upto the mark. Some questions are quite easy but kept into medium category, similarly, some tough questions are kept in easy category, so Hackerrank does need to take care of the categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a begineer, and are not clear with your syntax of programming language, then hackerrank is the best platform to choose, you can easily find questions which is preferable to you. There are always many challenges going on everyday, so you can also take part into it, and can win many prizes.

Hackerrank focusses on competitive programming for both consumers and businesses.The product, helps in hiring engineers,company screening and for other roles.Hackerrank platform provides businesses, the option of using their own build-in libraries for programming challenges.As a beginner,there are tons of benefits, like you can easily learn to use it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HackerRank
HackerRank review by Salman K.
Salman K.

"The best portal for competitive coding and Getting hired ."

What do you like best?

Its user interface is simply the best in its segment . I have used a lot of other online platforms and this is my favorite platform online coding .

The ranking system is effective and well categorized .

Its code editor is the best .

Problem statements are crisp and clear.

What do you dislike?

The main reason I don't give hackerrank a 10 star rating is that there are very less number of competiitons as compared to hackerearth and codechef . This is the one thing hackerrank should focus more .

It should increase number of job opeings ass they are very less compared to other platforms .

Questions should be added more frequently .

Sometimes the compiler crashes . Fix that bug .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely in the right direction and one should always go for it without a second thought . A piece of advice - Do code on other platforms too as it will be wise not to invest all your eggs in one basket .

I am a freelancer developer and I have applied for some companies and have interviewed with them. Hackerrank helps me to practice online and by taking part in competitions , I can increase my rankings which definitely will help me to get hired .

What Pre-Employment Testing solution do you use?

HackerRank review by Krishna Murari J.
Krishna Murari J.

"Best Online Coding Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the User Interface of Hackerrank. It is very clean and minimalistic which helps me to focus.

I love the category wise rankings which are separated into practice and algorithmic score and within it, there are different categories such as maths, data structures and algorithms.

The solutions are very clearly explained and are available in many languages.

Editiorials provided are of good quality.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about hackerrank is that it has less questions and number of competitions compared to its rivals such as codechef, hackerearth etc.

The discussion platform is not so good. And, we cannot report comments there.

It gives the results of competitions very late, which it should improve and give it faster.

Cant include external libraries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hackerrank is today one of the best platforms to code. My recommendation - Solve your problems in the most optimal ways respective of time and space complexity.

I am a student developer who is looking for jobs and Hackerrank is one of the best platforms to apply and get interviewed if I am having required the skills. And, also it helps you to practice online coding. One of the reasons, I am freelancer backend developer, is because of HckerRank.

HackerRank review by Avinash K.
Avinash K.

"HackerRank - one of the best platform to learn programming and find technical jobs"

What do you like best?

Hackerrank Jobs.

I love the interface which primarily made me stick to HackerRank in spite of other similar platforms.

The questions are clearly explained.

We can download the test cases and then check for bugs in our code.

It has different domains to participate from C To AI.

Convenient dashboard.

It organises multiple competitions in a month.

LinkedIn placements mock test is there which is not in any other platform.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things that I don't like is -

Number of competitions are less than other platforms.

Problems are not added frequently.

There is no time bound to solve the question.

No actual question asked in the interviews are present.

Company wie preparation is needed.

Addition of mock tests will be better.

Not much Object Oriented Programming stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using HackerRank now for more than a year and it's worth it. Definitely recommend everyone to join it. Though, stick to more than one platforms for practice.

I am not solving any business problems with HackerRank but various companies I have heard of use HackerRank for technical recruiting and organizing coding competitions.

I use hackerrank to improve my coding skills to get hired for technical jobs

Benefits -

I cans see where I stand to get interviewed.

My performance over other candidates.

HackerRank review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"Very useful for hiring high level developers"

What do you like best?

The coding tests in HackerRank are very difficult and have been the best way that we have found to evaluate candidates on deep technical skills. The tests are very similar to the type of thing that you will find in a coding competition. And these are real coding test in that they compile the code and evaluation the solution automatically. This make is very easy for a non-technical manager to evaluate a highly technical candidate.

They also do have multiple choice questions, pared coding and other types of tests which we do not use but probably are useful for some situations. Really the reason we like it is that we have not found anything that is able to evaluate candidates on their ability to solve very hard technical problems.

What do you dislike?

There is always room for improvement in any software. I would say that one of the issues is that to make it work effectively I think you need to either create your own coding tests or get them to create a custom test just for your company. The tests that are public and available to everyone on the HackerRank site are probably searchable on Google which makes it a bit too easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a custom test developed by the HackerRank team. It costs something to do this but it's worth it.

We are trying to evaluate technical skill in developer candidates.

HackerRank review by Vaibhav P.
Vaibhav P.

"Great Filter before we talk with candidates"

What do you like best?

They have tests preconfigured for given experience level. We don't have to think about the questions. The part I especially like is the programming questions. The questions come in various difficultly levels too. The interface is very easy to use. You can also change the time allotted to the tests. That way tests can be configured to your needs. Overall it serves as a great filter before we talk to the candidate.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much nothing. It has solved a huge problem for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to their account managers before starting using it. They will help you use the exact features suitable for you.

For smaller companies that do not have recruiters in house, it becomes essential to filter people to speed up the hiring process. Hackerrank has allowed us to do that. It has saved me tremendous amount of time by filtering the candidates before I talk with them.

HackerRank review by Raj B.
Raj B.

"If you wish to learn a new skill then "HackerRank""

What do you like best?

HackerRank has large number of tutorials available for different languages and technologies. Also it has a good number of challenging questions set to test our skill. I have learnt many things from HackerRank.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank is it's online compiler for some languages it is outdated because during one competition I wasted some time to learn that the compiler has no library file which I was trying to use. Though I got support and resolved my problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to those who are preparing for job interview since it has very good and good quality questions set which can help to easily crack an interview.

As a software engineer I have to keep my self updated with new programming language with trend and I can simply learn it from HackerRank also it's coding challenge is useful as well.

HackerRank review by Pritam K.
Pritam K.

"Awesome engaged learning experience"

What do you like best?

Variety of problems if one my favorites.

I find the user interface and user experience very cozy and comfortable.

I greatly appreciate the model.

Not only that, I am very comfortable with the structure now. I do not remember if I had any trouble earlier when I just started using Hackerrank. I fell in love with this place in no time though.

I could practice what I love. Also, since it has schemes of rewarding the candidate with medals and Ranks I gives a sense of achievement after spending hours at the site. It makes my fun time worthwhile.

Model

What do you dislike?

Hackerrank is great platform for programming enthusiast. However, in the discussion section there is no option for reporting abuse. I have come across instance where unnecessary/ abusive comments ruin the environment. Especially when users have used non-English languages.

If Hackerrank could come up with a way to get handle on those instance it would be greatly appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend to any other programmer

Hackerrank has been my primary go to place for honing and brushing upon my current and lost programming skills.

I also have had opportunity to learn from other candidates on several occasions.

Getting introduced to ever new things almost every next time I try attaching a new problem leaves me with a satisfying high. I would think being productive is becoming addictive at this time.

I have learnt much more than that. I am very grateful. Thank you so very much!

HackerRank review by Gunank S.
Gunank S.

"Amazing platform to get started with competitive programming"

What do you like best?

The way hacker rank provides problems for competitive programming from basic to expert level problems. Hacker rank provides one of the best IDE and compiler online. I recommend Hacker rank to every new comer who is starting with programming and get into this new word. I have done a lots of programming questions on hacker rank. It also helps me in making my interest in Programming. Hacker rank provides a way to learn through solving problems. A lot of companies uses Hacker rank as a platform to recruit the students from colleges across the nation. Hacker Rank .

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike on this amazing platform.I just want Hacker rank to add some job opportunities in India.Which can help people to find a job online through Hacker rank.Hacker rank needs to provide some tutorials for new comers to learn about data structures and algorithms which helps them in solving the problems. One more feature i want hacker rank to add that a user can buy goodies from a store like amazon with hackos they earned on hacker rank by solving the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing platform to code

I am a student so problems on hacker rank really helps a lot to solving problems in online competitions. It helps in my program solving skills. Which will Help in development of a product. I got a lots of benefits by completing the tutorials on hacker rank that they are providing.

HackerRank review by Aarav M.
Aarav M.

"Great tutor for developing programming skills"

What do you like best?

HackerRank is a very good platform to learn and practice coding skills. It can be useful to a person who has just started from the scratch to the people who are pro in this field. For the newbies, it has good tutorials in all the forms while for the rest there are many competitions to encourage and motivate them to get better day by day. One can also know where does he/she stand through the ranks among the others. Coding tests can be conducted as well on HackerRank.

What do you dislike?

Solutions to the challenging questions are at times difficult to find and understand. There should be proper explanations for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PRACTICE AND LEARN! That's all i would recommend as now and forever.

Competitive coding tests that are available on this platform are useful to crack many coding interviews and get placed into a nice company.

HackerRank review by Vikas T.
Vikas T.

"HackerRank is best for learning and coding"

What do you like best?

I like everything in HackerRank it's tutorials , coding challenges , interview preparation and what not.

It really provides the quality tutorials for programming languages which is good for learning from the scratch.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike or rather say as a suggestion is that the new tutorials and challenging questions should be added frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank who love to learn new skills also who like to participate in coding challenges or who want to find a job or who want to prepare for interviews. In short HackeRank is has everything.

I have been using HackerRank for learning new languages for projects since long. As a developer it is necessary to learn new languages for doing projects at work and HackerRank has provided great tutorials always.

HackerRank review by Amit P.
Amit P.

"Comes with quality tutorials"

What do you like best?

I have been using HackerRank since a long a time and the best thing I like in HackerRank is it's great tutorials on many programming languages which has helped me a lot in the years. Also I find it's interview preparation questions sets best available online.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank is it's online editor/compiler for 1-2 languages is outdated so new library are not supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone who are willing to find a job or who is preparing for the job interview. It has helped me a lot and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I have been using HackerRank for learning/improving my programming skills which has helped me a lot in developing a software.

HackerRank review by Aarya R.
Aarya R.

"HackerRank - To make you a better coder"

What do you like best?

The various questions in hackerrank cover all topics that a programmer should know about. They show the rankings and performance of everyone publicly, which makes the people who view those pages competitive and beat them.

What do you dislike?

The frequency of competitions are less. The most frequent one is week of code. The HourRank, before the one this week, was conducted during July or something. HourRank needs to be once every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who want to be a good competitive coder, I think this is the best place that takes you from a wee beginner to an expert level.

I am a third year BTech CSE student. I realise that this is a very good platform for developing algorithms and study new languages. It has helped me ace several coding competitions.

HackerRank review by Bharat S.
Bharat S.

"Have been using for learning new languages since long"

What do you like best?

I like the coding challenges and solving the problems on HackerRank. I invest all of my free time to learn new languages on HackerRank since it has good quality tutorials. Also the interview preparation questions are really helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is no particular thing I dislike about HackerRank but I would say that the editor they provide seems to have some problems sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to all those IT students who are preparing for job interviews and those who want to learn new languages because of it's quality tutorials.

As a developer I need to keep my self updated with new programming languages and HackerRank helps me doing it.

HackerRank review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy to use product"

What do you like best?

The product is very straight forward and easy to use. Set up of tests is simple and allows for collaboration across many members of the hiring team. The interface is very friendly, and the report is easy to read. We are a big fan of the option to review the code as the candidate wrote it, and also like the easy of the plagiarism marker. The support team with the product is very quick and effective as well.

What do you dislike?

Once a test is created, it would be great if there was an easy way to change the owners of the test. Currently you must contact support, so it leave a few unneeded hoops to jump through. Otherwise, we are very pleased with the overall product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During implementing ask ALOT of questions. It is important to understand the options within the system, and utilize them. I would recommend having multiple folks from development teams who will be using the product involved in the implementation.

Its a great way to help filter out candidates who are applying without interest. We look for high technical capacity and have really benefitted from the additional of HackerRank.

HackerRank review by Kishan T.
Kishan T.

"The best place to learn new skills"

What do you like best?

I like the tutorials available for different domains and technologies on HackerRank. Also there is the coding contests available which are really useful to test the knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike or suggest for improvement is that the problems are not added frequently so I need more problem sets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone because of it's large collection of interview questions sets which surely helps for interviews. Also many coding challenges are there. In short HackerRank provides a huge platform for learning and hiring.

As a developer learning new language is made easy by HackerRank since it has many language tutorials available. I use HackerRank for learning.

Administrator in Internet

"Best website like this I've used"

What do you like best?

Your code completion is the biggest feature and main thing that can be improved. Their library of questions is very nice, best way to use the site.

What do you dislike?

The input/output when designing a question is difficult. Wish that we could use a library question but then easily modify it and be notified if the original question as been modified by HackerRank (or just an option to clone). The results page only shows the final results, no intermediate ones, which causes issues if the time limit is too low.

Push notifications or email notifications for different roles would make it far easier to use (email a few people whenever a candidate finishes, or a weekly/daily report of it). Would also be great for anyone to be able to track the progress better, to be able to evaluate what scores/solution methods produce what long-term results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting the setup correct takes more effort than one would hope, so consider that when giving it a real try. Make sure to leave time for tweaking the question, ask for feedback about it, have current employees test-run the questions you're considering.

Helps ensure that our employees only spend time interviewing people who pass a minimum bar, to minimize any time wasted by either party.

HackerRank review by User

"Usable product, but work to be done"

What do you like best?

Hackerrank's tooling around visualizing when code was written has been super helpful for catching suspected plagiaristic code. Hackerrank also allows me to write questions so that I can look for all the attributes of being able to think about their problem and analyze it that I expect from candidates.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to allow the candidates I send Hackerrank's to see more of their errors/output when they are running code. In addition, I would like it if adding sample test was much easier, so that candidates could have the choice between inputting their own tests, using a singular sample test, or running the full test suite.

We use Hackerrank to screen candidates and give them a programming onsite interview. The screening has been very helpful in grading a large amount of candidates with relatively less interviewer time. This has definitely been the most helpful use of Hackerrank. The programming onsite has been good to see candidates code in a more familiar environment than a whiteboard.

HackerRank review by Rakesh P.
Rakesh P.

"It helps us to learn different languages in no time "

What do you like best?

It is the best platform for the best engineers to hone their skills and companies to find top enginners , there are so many solved examples , and the compilers are best of it.

What do you dislike?

It do not need developers who can successfully code in notepad, many people opens there account with fake names and email here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Here,

Challenge_id is the unique challenges id

It explains the data processing steps.

As per your score you can get your rank.

Easy to use , its compilers are good , it can find my error in less then a second , and atlast it takes me to the perfect output of the code.

HackerRank review by Shaival S.
Shaival S.

"Really good practice for beginners"

What do you like best?

The best thing about hackerrank is how it is very much user friendly website with good practice problems and 30 day code for beginners.Almost anyone can start with coding from hackerrank even without any prior experience.

What do you dislike?

The contests organized on hackerrank aren't as frequent as it should be. There is no option of hacking someone's solution to find error in it by adding our own testcase during the contest as it is present in codeforces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a complete beginner hackerrank is the best place to start coding with.

We recruited some of the best engineers by organizing a contest on hackerrank and filtering the best of thousands.

HackerRank review by Mohit S.
Mohit S.

"The Silent Behemoth"

What do you like best?

When I say behemoth I mean it in every literal sense of the word. HackerRank is a name synonymous with one of the best coding tournament held all across the world.I feel enamored by it's charm and it is something which is worth experiencing and it is time that it will become a minimum standard to judge any coder.

What do you dislike?

In general what I feel is the UI seems laggy at times and I would love to see some real time code sharing board or something like that so that everyone can share their code at once.

Also it would be wonderful if we can get an ios app for the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to take this amazing opportunity to welcome all my CSE and geeky peers to come and try this platform for once because once they do it I am pretty sure that they will not be able to leave it because not only does it attract you but it gives you a vision and helps you plan for the future.

I am looking here to get the right exposure in order to understand what the world's standard is and if I am at par with my peers.It also gives us a chance to learn something new by healthy competition.

HackerRank review by Omkar K.
Omkar K.

"Very great experience."

What do you like best?

The focus given on improving the time complexity of the problems is amazing. Focus is given on basic and simple logical problems but more focus is on solving it in minimum time. This is what is great about hackerrank. It covers almost all types of domains. From AI to mathematics, we can practice anything over here. Also job oppurtunities are available. hacckerrank helped me in cracking coding competitions held at my institution level.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about hacckerank. Its awesome platform to develop programming skills.

They should show best optimal coded solutions after any hackathon. It will help in self improvement of coders worldwide.

Because till now, if we dont get solution to a specific question, then it remains a question itself. In the discussion forum students discuss, but sometimes its confusing. So best optimal codes should be displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please start using hackerrank as soon as possible. it will surely help u develop your programming skills as well as knowledge. Also it will give u exposure to industries conducting coding competitions on hacerrank as platform. At least try solving 4-5 codes on a daily basis. And spare some time for coding. It will surely help u in your future placement opportunities. Might be you can apply for job at hackerrank itself. They have good job opportunities in India as well as out of India for testers, programmers,etc. Enjoy coding.

Hackerrank is used as platform for conducting placement tests. It provides a level of similarity for evaluating applicants.

HackerRank review by Chitaranjan P.
Chitaranjan P.

"started from beginner and now eligible in competetive programming"

What do you like best?

when i signed up in hackerrank first i started learning c++ for 30 days ie for 1 month then i started algorithm implementing in different areas in competetive..and also i had learned which algorithm is better for which program thats thought by hackerrank ..mostly i had learned stl library which is very useful in competetive programming.so i advising other programmer to start learning programming in any language for cometetive then they should go to Hackerrank.

What do you dislike?

sorry but for me there is no dislike in hackerrank..

Recommendations to others considering the product

In hackerrank we can get easily any solution if we get any confused .. and we contact to the top coder to clear the doubts which is very useful.but not in codechef..so hackerrank is better for me.

i had participated in many competition like codechef snackdown 17 ,Techgig Code GLadiator2017 ,codeagon 2017

etc. in techgig code gladiator2017 i had pass upto semifinal round.. and codechef snackdown 2017 i had pass upto elemination round .thank you Hackerrank for making me CODER.

HackerRank review by Nadiminty K.
Nadiminty K.

"Hackerrank is best for the beginners of competitive coding"

What do you like best?

The way hackerrank organizes the contests and the admin support is also very responsive

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike in the hackerrank.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend hackerrank to the people who are in the starting stage of the competitive programming. The contests that happen frequently surely make you think out of the box and if you face any problems with the website, the responsiveness is also very fast which is one of the reasons why i would recommend the hackerrank. The hackerrank would become an addiction after some days of usage and the medals that one get by solving questions and being in the top percentile surely boosts your mental strength and also helps one to be brave enough to solve more problems.

One can assess themselves when they start using hackerrank. Hackerrank has multiple languages to learn and this can be useful for people who are willing to learn multiple languages and master them. It also helps people who are ready to hire people and people who think out of the box when they start solving an problem. Hackerrank was mainly developed so that people who are hiring,can get the best programmers regardless of their poor resume or poor academics.Hackerrank can also be useful to hire people that are self taught. Hackerrank's UI is so pleasing and so attractive to use. As most of the big companies use hackerrank to hire people many people get enough opportunities to ace the interviews and get recruited.

HackerRank review by Raj Madhan R.
Raj Madhan R.

"Good Coding Environment for the one who starts from the scratch. Need tutorial from best solutions."

What do you like best?

Mostly the way they organise the problems. It is easy for beginners to move from very basic part to more complex ones. Seperating domain wise and again sub domians and order based on difficulty is really better than many other online platforms. UI is really good it gives a good feel. Not only for contests and recruiting lots of problems like linux and mapreduce are written in a style to guide to learn.

What do you dislike?

I would say the quality of some HackerRank problems is not as high as that of the others. There were a couple of times where the problem was just another variant of an old problem that I had solved previously (the level of similarity made me feel too bored to even solve it again). But is has to be seperated as learning purpose.

I dont know why the hackos are calculated and dont know if it has some other values.

We need best discussing platform. And organise the solutions discussed based on the difficulties. and you can tags related more points method like stackoverflow etc.. Even though problems of different domain and difficulty are arranged it's little hard to search. we need news feed kind of stuff showing recently liked or used one. Also users need to contribute like stack overflow and contribution must be cleared organised and tagged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better one for recruitment process than the others. Also for teaching and testing purpose really useful. Since problems are clearly ordered we could easily search solutions related to our problem.

It really helped me in college days. From organising contest in technical event to facing coding round in interviews and learning stuffs it really helped me a lot.

Administrator in Internet

"Great for freeing up engineering time"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can easily send out a test and confirm our suspicions on whether or not a candidate is good enough technically to come in for an onsite interview.

What do you dislike?

It is a big wonky to use via Lever. The integration is not just good and we lose a lot of features, which require us to go into HackerRank to send it out manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improving integrations with ATS

We're trying to maximize our engineers time because a tech screen takes 1 hour, and the onsite takes 4 hours. If the candidate is not good at coding, we're wasting a total of 5 hours of engineer time which they could be spent working on developing products for us.

The biggest benefit is getting that extra reassurance that each engineer we bring in is worth the time.

HackerRank review by Kaushal T.
Kaushal T.

"Excellent User Interface and Good Problems "

What do you like best?

HackerRank is the best platform to solve large number of questions and It has the best User Interface.

And it is best platform for beginners to practice for their interviews.It has well defined sections for all the categories. It has the best editorials for all the questions.

What do you dislike?

It has very less number of tough problems in all the sections.Very less number of competitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best for beginners to practice their codding skills. There are topic vise questions so easy to find any question and practice that.

I can find interns who has best problem solving techniques by organizing online codding competitions.

HackerRank review by Parthiv R.
Parthiv R.

"Overall best platform for learning"

What do you like best?

I like the huge set of problem set available in HackerRank which I find very useful to improve or upscale my coding skills.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank is sometimes while participating in a contests I can't use standard library in my code in some specific languages but still it is not a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone because of it's programming problem sets and solutions and interview questions collections and what not. Simply awesome.

I have learnt many thing from HackerRank and even I got placed during my college interviews because I prepared for it on this platform.

HackerRank review by Hemal P.
Hemal P.

"HackerRank = learn programming"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hacker Rank is the contests it is having. I like the contests because it is always good to sharpen your coding skills through it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike about HackerRank can be sometimes it is not easy enough to organise a contest on it or we can say that it is not easy to use in some cases again that is my personal opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Hacker Rank to all the students who want to learn coding easily and in a better way.

I have learnt programming languages from HackerRank only and also my coding skills are improved because of it.

HackerRank review by Chanchal K.
Chanchal K.

"Fantastic tool for evaluating potential candidates for hiring"

What do you like best?

The detailed analysis and comparison with other candidates who have attempted the question

What do you dislike?

Lack of ratings for the question. Some question will be good, others could be unclear and unintuitive for the test talker. It would be great if we have test taker reviews for the questions they attempt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A fantastic tool to reduce the time you spend interviewing candidates that do not fit the role.

We have a better funnel with hacker rank and we don't need to spend valuable developer time to interview candidates we definitely know will not meet the mark.

HackerRank review by Aarav s.
Aarav s.

"Good for hiring"

What do you like best?

Best part is you get ready made questions and also you can add your own questions with your own time limits and your own contraints.This makes it very easy to get to know skill of a person for our company.

What do you dislike?

The premade problem's solutions are also available so that's the thing i don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend hackerrank for hiring skilled people and also for the students or unemployed people who want to showcase their skills should use this.

We use hackerrank for hiring programming skilled people for our company or project.I personally design questions for the contest organized on hackerrank for hiring.

HackerRank review by Kartik S.
Kartik S.

"Great platform for coders and job recruiters"

What do you like best?

It is great platform for improving coding skills and for recruiting new employees. Here it provide well structured exams. Also those who are looking to improve their coding skills can practice here. Very nice user interface.

What do you dislike?

Aptitude questions are not that good. Also for practicing some questions are so easy that are not needed for competitions. For pre-employment testing it should include various questions from all topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would like to recommend hackerrank to all users who wants to improve coding skills and for organisations for recruitment purpose

We are using hackerrank for recruitment purpose. It is very good and reliable service.

HackerRank review by Surender K.
Surender K.

"HackerRank is the best platform to enhance your skills."

What do you like best?

The best thing in the HackerRank is its large collection of practice problems which is the best way in my opinion to learn coding and get problem solving attitude. Also the job/placements preparation can be done through it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank in my opinion is it is not available on iOS platform as of now and sometimes during contests I get not responding or server busy while compiling that could be because of my internet speed also but not sure about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend HackerRank to all those who want to learn something new and something better than the old school text books. The wide practice problems available here are actually good. I recommend it to all my classmates.

Well I have developed or enhanced my coding skills and even algorithm analysing skills through this platform.

HackerRank review by Moustafa A.
Moustafa A.

"HackerRank is the best place to practice your coding skills"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the website

Gamification techniques used (Ranking, badges, levels, ... etc.)

Discussion forms

Monthly contests

Editorial section

What do you dislike?

some problems are very hard to solve, and no hints exist or discussions that can help

applying to most of jobs requires that you must have USA visa/work permit or resident already in USA, rarely jobs exist for international candidates outside USA/EU

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide more opportunities for candidates outside USA/EU to get their chance to interview with international companies

Provide more tutorial paths for beginners, and hints for problems

Practice to improve my coding skills, and sometimes applying for job that require solving test on HackerRank platform

for example: Twitter University Challenge

HackerRank helps me improve my coding skills and learn new language (Python), also I learned how to apply gamification techniques to keep users with you permanently, like i was engaged with hackerrank

HackerRank review by Jedidiah H.
Jedidiah H.

"use for interviews at Uber"

What do you like best?

It's really great for interactive coding, I like that you can compile code right in the browser and work through questions/comments directly with the interviewee.

What do you dislike?

I'm pretty happy overall, although I don't use it for graphics or more complicated things that straight interactive coding. I do use Golang quite a bit and it would be good if it had support there. Maybe it would help t o have a chat module or something so I don't have to add comments inline.

interviewing. It really helps with phone screens.

HackerRank review by Sidharth C.
Sidharth C.

"Best platform to increase your knowledge"

What do you like best?

I like the different coding contests held on HackerRank because participating in it can gain you a lot of knowledge. Also to learn a new language it is really good.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is it do not have iOS application so I have to keep my laptop to use it. But hope it will be there very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to all the computer science students because it is really good for learning a new language.

I have learnt programming languages from HackerRank which have helped me to crack the campus interviews.

HackerRank review by Quan C.
Quan C.

"Competitive and learning environment"

What do you like best?

The algorithm domain and Cracking the Coding Interview. The medal and prize system are quite interesting and attracting. The user interface of Hackerrank is the best among all coding sites. There should be a wider range of problems.

What do you dislike?

too few competitions these days. I am getting bored with the fact that Hackerrank does not create many activities for users. The school ranking should be considered. Also, there should be more use of the Hackerrank currency instead of just buying test cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hackerrank is not only a competitive coding site but also the best way to start learning coding.

None

HackerRank review by rutva s.
rutva s.

"Best platform for coding"

What do you like best?

There are numerous problems for practicing and improving coding skills. It is best platform for organisation for recruitment. Many competitions are there in which one can participate. Also aptitude and coding exams conducted by hackerrank is good. User interface is nice

What do you dislike?

Language based questions must be added more. Also code fight against friend must be added so one can compete with his or her friends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend hackerrank to those who want to improve their coding skills and organisation for recruitment

We are conducting exams on hackerrank for recruitment. It is very reliable service

HackerRank review by Prem S.
Prem S.

"One of the best coding platform out there !"

What do you like best?

Hackerrank is one of the best coding platform out there for beginners to start coding.I started my coding from this website. The interface is really good.This platform is great for beginners as well as for interview preparation.

What do you dislike?

The editorial given for the questions is not understandable sometimes. The frequency of coding contests on this is also low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good platform for beginners as well as for candidate hiring.

For the candidate hiring we organize a contest on hackerrank. We select the candidates eligible for interview through contest organized on hackerrank.

HackerRank review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"The best learning platform"

What do you like best?

HackerRank hs provided me vast technical knowledge also has introduced me to the world of competitive coding. HackerRank has best user interactive medium which helps the user to learn and develop individually in domain of modern technologies like AI,Deep Learning,Data Analytics etc.

What do you dislike?

The thing i dislike about HackerRank is the quality of code conversion and also the time alloted for the contests is very less which sometimes become hectic for the developers to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only place where you can get everything and anything for those who want to gain much of technical knowledge from leading faculties of the world along with trending technologies and want to develop personal programming skills.

There are many Problems which i have came across and HackerRank has always provided the solutions for it in fields like AI and DBMS.

HackerRank review by Nirav S.
Nirav S.

"Improve Your Algorithmic Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Reminders of contest,We challenge you to solve this,Also previous similiar contest question,30 days of code,codesprint are the best,hour ranks and similiar 1-2 hour challenges and much much more.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike but some small points like reminder of contest can also be text messaged.Also if possible you can appreciate your participants by giving a participant e-certificate with his/her rank in that contest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend hackerrank for beginners as well as intermediate programmers.

Mainly I use hackerrank to improve my algorithmic knowledge and try to see myself where i stand in the world of competitive programming.

HackerRank review by Aarav S.
Aarav S.

"Great coding platform"

What do you like best?

It is best coding platform to enhance our coding skills. It has proper structured questions and covers all topics from data structures. It has very user friendly and best IDE. For Recruiters it is very good platform to conduct online exams

What do you dislike?

Markings of some questions are not appropriate. More exam containing pure data structure questions should be their. Very less video tutorials are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend hackerrank to improve coding skills and for recruitment exams

We are conducting exams through hackerrank. Also I am personally improving my coding skills.

HackerRank review by Rachel F.
Rachel F.

"HackerRank "

What do you like best?

HackerRank is wonderful. We use it daily to send coding challenges to engineering candidates. We also conduct all technical interviews through HackerRank. It allows for video/ screen sharing and is a convenient place to save all interview details as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be challenging to have multiple tests in the system if engineers taking them are not familiar with how the site functions.

We are screening out 65% of unqualified engineering candidates prior to an interview. This saves loads of time for our team.

HackerRank review by Aadish G.
Aadish G.

"DangerDon"

What do you like best?

python 3 and its separate domain in the language section and the implementation section of algorithm was really good and cracking the coding interview is also very interesting thing but the amount of questions there were less.

What do you dislike?

python 3 not included in functional languages and some languages even having less functional programming support according to wikipedia are also supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Code GYM

I am just making myself capable enough to get a good job. My domain skills improved a lot by practicing on different domain such as data structure and algorithm.

HackerRank review by Umesh R.
Umesh R.

"Pre screening Test review"

What do you like best?

The way the hackerrank designs the questions are pretty cool. I have a very active participation on many online coding portals, but hackerank is one of the best in my view.

What do you dislike?

Some times if two people apply for same company for a Job, the screening questions asked in hackerrank are same. If that varies dynamically that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its pretty good coding site, faar better question framing than codechef.com

I solve algorithm problems in hackerrank which help me to improve my coding skills and mainly my confidence.

HackerRank review by Darshana S.
Darshana S.

"FANTASTIC PROGRAMMING PLATFORM"

What do you like best?

Everything related to programming on hackerrank also all the contests and all those tutorial questions for begineers

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing but yet you can still improve yourself

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for all students pursuing their study in the field of computer to start using hacker rank to improve their programming skills,This is because each and every computer engineer needs to know programming well enough so that they can stand in industry.

I started coding from hackerrank and currently I am seriously a level higher than what I was then.

HackerRank review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Make more competitions"

What do you like best?

I like to hang out and see puzzles. I like to see my ranking and compare to others. I like to compete and kick ass while solving problems.

What do you dislike?

Less number of competitions. Hardly one biweekly. I come around looking for competitions, but there are very few rated competitions. LAst time I did a rated competition was a month ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See you on the leaderboard. Try to solve harder problems. Don't just solve easy problems and get your way with it.

I haven't solved any business problems. I work in supply chain team of a giant e-commerce platform. The algorithms and data structure skills I have developed here are helping me tremendously in my day-to-day office work in writing good code and being a robust programmer.

HackerRank review by Megha C.
Megha C.

"HackerRank is decent for coding cotests"

What do you like best?

I like the coding contests in HackerRank since it is very good or useful to enhance our coding skills. And learning with it is always there.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes during submission in contests I have to write some annoying standard library prefix in my code which is really annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HackerRank is highly recommended for learning how to code and also it's huge set of problems for learning.

I have learnt many things from HackerRank contests and my problem solving skill is improved with it.

HackerRank review by User

"It has been a wonderful learning experience on Hackerrank"

What do you like best?

Hackerrank has the best User Interface. All the topics are very well divided into sections then further divided based on their difficulties which makes it all very easy to use. Being able to interact to people all around the globe for discussions is also a great feature that they have.

What do you dislike?

Concept of using Hackos is a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for anyone who is new to coding, or anyone who has a interest in coding and problem solving and wants to test their skills. It provides great features to learn and test newly acquired skills.

It really helps me improve my coding skills by providing a wide variety of questions and, also helped me learning new methods in problem solving.

HackerRank review by Peter H.
Peter H.

"Amazing coding Experience"

What do you like best?

HackerRank!!! Platform which unites coders, hackers, different problems and of course variety of languages to code in. That's the part i like the best. The variety of problems are challenging and tough, makes the coders think and crack open every bit of their neurons to analyse and get the solution to the problems.

What do you dislike?

The server issues when coding contests start. Most of the time the coders are not able to log in on time for the contests, leaving them in a situation where they're behind other coders.

They conduct coding tests during the interview process. Its a platform which is best suited for such tests which is good for the best coders. They also provide opportunity to be employed in IT companies.

HackerRank review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Recruiters True friend."

What do you like best?

Have been using hackerrank for over a year now., its been truly amazing how the interview performance and the Tech evaluation co-relate and this is not just one off., its a consistent phenomenon. This has helped me reduce the number of candidates I and my tech team speak /interview to get to that one right one. Simple, easy to setup and team at Hackerrank are always helpful.

What do you dislike?

The candidates taking the test some time complain about the screen not loading or the test hanging up in between.

Hackerrank does not have automated reminders to the candidates every day till the expiry date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you need the real candidates with good tech skills., and use it as a Screening tool not a final selection tool.

We were interviewing too many candidates before., our strike rate was 1 out of 30 now the strike rate has reduced to 1 out of 3 to 4 candidates., This has speeded up the process and helped us increase the productivity of the Interview team as well as the TA team.

HackerRank review by Hardik P.
Hardik P.

"I learnt programming from Hacker Rank"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Hacker Rank is it is having a lot of job interview questions set which are really useful.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about Hacker Rank it's android application is having some minor bugs which needs improvement so I prefer desktop site only as of now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally recommend Hacker Rank to all those college students who are preparing for the placements interview questions.

I learned many problems and solutions from Hacker Rank.

HackerRank review by shasank g.
shasank g.

"Hacker rank platform"

What do you like best?

Out of all the coding sites that i have used, it's UI is just awesome and one of the best code editors seen till now. Undoubtedly the platform is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The solutions of the editorial, are quite difficult to understand sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they should provide more hiring opportunities. And sometimes they take it too high with the level of questions in their competitions.

I have improved my knowledge of data structures, and I love to participate in the hackathons.

HackerRank review by Parth S.
Parth S.

"PROGRAMMERS DATE"

What do you like best?

I am actually a pharmacy student but still i like coding since my 10th grade so obviously if i am using hackerrank than it is definetly best one to do some good coding

What do you dislike?

Nothing much bad but still you can help student from other fields and guide them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all people like me who are passionate about coding and want to do something here.

I solve all kinds of contest and problems on hackerrank and improve my coding

HackerRank review by Dinesh Kumar K.
Dinesh Kumar K.

"Useful for beginners as well as professionals"

What do you like best?

I started hackerrank with as a rookie and now, I am pretty good coder, all the credit goes to the hackerrank team for their wonderful practice problems and video tutorials.

What do you dislike?

The questions are not sorted in good way, some easy questions are pretty tricky and some hard questions are just long codes with easy logic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very useful

The contests that are conducted helps us to know the way how the programs we write can solve practical real life problems

Administrator in Internet

"Good tools available, could improve overall service"

What do you like best?

easy to use, integrates with our ATS, and provides unique tools that aren't available elsewhere.

I'm a big fan of the job board- it's great to have a pipeline of pre-qualified candidates.

What do you dislike?

we've had some problems since integrating onto OKTA and getting enterprise access- would be nice to have that cleaned up. Could use some improvement with GH integration on the jobs page - I would like to see candidates that I contact in HR automatically added to GH with a profile and their resume.

We are using HR to prequalify applicants on the job board, and to qualify candidates during google hangouts (code pairs). code pair is easy to use and we rarely have problems with it.

HackerRank review by Shiva K.
Shiva K.

"A great online competitive platform for coding"

What do you like best?

HackerRank has the best interactive environment for writing code. It's GUI is very simple and editing code is very easy. It also provides suggestions for code. It's problem statements are very precise and include visual aids wherever necessary.

What do you dislike?

The forums section can be improved upon. The provision to include external libraries is not available. Also new questions are not posted frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool out there for recruitment purposes. My recommendation - Try it!

HackerRank gives me the opportunity to test a candidate's ability in coding. It helps me a lot in recruiting through online challenges and through campus interviews.

HackerRank review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Critical for our hires and companies growth"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to administer the tests. I also like how we can customize the test and to our needs.

What do you dislike?

When I have to delete a test that was sent to someone and then resend them the test, it still shows the original date that I sent the first test, so I am not always sure that the new test was sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with great Technical Support. We use this all the time to screen our Developer positions. Excellent tool to have in my tool box.

We use HackerRank to screen candidate for QA, PHP, Java and Salesforce positions. This allows us to screen out the candidates that are not qualified technically.

HackerRank review by Paulo G.
Paulo G.

"Best tool to test your skills"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface and the massive amount of code challenges

What do you dislike?

You can't create some private groups or clubs to compete with your friends and some gamification

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join Hackerrank if you think you are good, and you will find an awesome platform to prove yourself.

Perfect my skills and help me get better so I can solve harder problems at my company.

HackerRank review by John N.
John N.

"Solid experience for interviewing candidates"

What do you like best?

The interface to create questions was easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the code preview window was easier to navigate and access things like the inspector developer tool. This would be really helpful for frontend interviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solid platform to interview candidates. I'm just a user of the system so I don't really know the implementation details or contract details.

How to interview

HackerRank review by Abdul Mateen M.
Abdul Mateen M.

"Good platform to learn competitive programming"

What do you like best?

Coverage of different problem difficulties ranging from beginner to expert

What do you dislike?

Nothing disliked, sometimes feel why C# isn't there in some problems may be as it doesn't support tail recursion :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a beginner go through the Data Structures first, then Algorithms section and then try to solve other problems

I want to join a product based company so I come here to learn Data Structures and Algorithms and problem solving skills and it helps me

HackerRank review by Mayank T.
Mayank T.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Great set of problems ranging from easy to difficult. And an even better customer support. I've always had my queries resolved within a day or two. All my requests have been entertained and I've never been let down.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific. But everyone should be ported to the new platform. And the ranks should be visible on the newer interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's the best website of it's kind

A great practice problems for placement interviews.

HackerRank review by User

"HackerRank:Welcome to world of Programming"

What do you like best?

HackerRank offer many learning paths to newbies in world of programming.I like this very much,i started my

coding career on HackerRank.Discussion tab is like learning from all sides,it gives you ways to approach problem in many different ways.

Their challenges cover a wide range of domains such as:

Algorithms

Artificial Intelligence: Write an AI bot to play a 1-player game, or play against other AI bots!

Distributed Systems

Databases

Mathematics

Cryptography and Security

They conduct various type of competitions.Some of them are:-

1.101 Code

2.HourRank

3.Week of code

4.Ad-infinitum

5.World code-sprint

What do you dislike?

Sometime even output caes have wrong answer.Some problems are very difficult to understand.In many HackerRank library questions, we have to annoying write code to handle input/output.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HackerRank gives you an opportunity to learn the coding.It teaches you to implement it.So i would recommend HackerRank over others.Support is very customer friendly.Other User will also help you.

Some point which i would like to highlight are:-(these are regarding jobs at HackerRank)

1. Great people. ICPC World Finalists, GSoCers, Kagglers, etc all sit beside you. Interacting with them on a daily basis makes your experience worthwhile.

2. Great perks. Free food, stocked pantry, unlimited time off and work from home, lots of reimbursements.

3. Flexible timings.

4. Humble leadership.

HackerRank gives us opportunity to connect to various organization via its competitions.

HackerRank review by Sandesh C.
Sandesh C.

"UI is very complicated to navigate"

What do you like best?

The basic design is simple enough to communicate and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Hackerrank is slow at times, especially while creating questions for tests. Two, the results of the tests are eventually consistent which adds to the waiting time while the UX doesn't care much to highlight this.

Setting tests for hiring people. It's quite convenient that it has a library of questions to pick from already.

HackerRank review by Dianna C.
Dianna C.

"Great tool for recruiting!"

What do you like best?

I like how easily customizable it is for our team to create specific tests for different eng groups

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how some candidates were running into issues with some of the newest version of programming languages, but help tickets were easy and they fixed it promptly.

poor connection for codepair

Saving time on interviews and interviewers. Assessing necessary skills. Ease or codepair.

HackerRank review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Excellent Testing Capabilities"

What do you like best?

The replay of the workspace, so you can see different things the candidate tried to understand their thinking a bit better.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike about it, although I only administer and review the tests we use. I've never created one myself.

We primarily use HackerRank to test candidates for a mixed skill-set roll, and also occasionally administer internally to improve our training

HackerRank review by Abhishek A.
Abhishek A.

"Room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Variety of questions and contests which is very good for practice for competitive coding, interviews and jobs. Different difficulty of questions also helps a lot.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes questions don't match with the difficulty level assigned to it. Filtering on the basis of difficulty and solved-unsolved questions but not on the success rate.

I am a student practicing for competitive coding. It is really nice to see my progress over a period of time.

HackerRank review by Alia S.
Alia S.

"Best to develop coding skills!"

What do you like best?

It corrects your every single mistake. It ensures that the expected output matches the candidate's output.

What do you dislike?

On Codility, a candidate doesn't see the results of test cases. There's one test case provided typically, and the candidate can also test their code against their own test cases. The system's test cases are hidden.

HackerRank is built to be a platform to support your entire technical recruiting funnel.

HackerRank review by Yash G.
Yash G.

"Best hub for competitive programming"

What do you like best?

These are the exclusive features of hackerrank-

There are lot of test cases per problem.

I can analyze how my program executed them.

A division of practice problems into categories.

The ability to buy testcases.

User Interface

Variety & frequency of competitions

What do you dislike?

The site wasn't responding when code agon started and it recovered slowly afterwards.

Often requires reloading to 'run' problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best programming hub encountered so far

Not encountered so far

HackerRank review by User in Computer Software

"Great screening tool"

What do you like best?

Automatic test validation of submission is a great help.

What do you dislike?

Need more database related questions. Since application building involves both database and algorithms and we need engineers with full knowledge. Hence we provide both algorithmic thinking test and sql query organizer test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More variety of questions that is not present in the wild, so the candidates in anticipation of hacker rank test, previews the easy questions. We give mostly easy questions and the list is not too much for a dynamic test to be created.

Screening minimal proficiency of the candidate for a specific language (python, sql).

HackerRank review by Purak P.
Purak P.

"Amazing Platform for coding"

What do you like best?

I have been using hackerrank since a year and i love everything about it,its practice problems,its contests,its tutorials,etc

What do you dislike?

i dont like contests that last more than a day ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend hackerrank to all those geeks out there like me who want to do something in this field ,atleat qualify for ACM ICPC regionals.

I have improved my programming skills and have completly indulged in using hackerrank.

HackerRank review by Jaymin T.
Jaymin T.

"Programmers Land"

What do you like best?

This platform is best in each and every sense,Seriously it can be easily used for improving programming skills and learn something.

What do you dislike?

There should a little more descriptive tutorials.You can go for video tutorials

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all students who want to learn or compete in programming side.

I have benifited of getting myself a good score in different competitive programming contests on and off hackerrank.

HackerRank review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Best place to practice and your codding skills"

What do you like best?

It has large number of questions and it provide best codding experience. It also has best IDE to code. It provide most of all languages like .net, java etc. The questions are divided in various groups and it helps to practice in a particular thing .

What do you dislike?

It is not very useful for preparing the Interview. Some times editorial does not help full. And it has only standard questions in some groups like Dynamic Programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best platform for beginner to practice and learn codding.

It provide best platform to host any codding competition for the interview hiring,

HackerRank review by Nirav P.
Nirav P.

"Best platform to learn coding"

What do you like best?

The different problem sets provided by HackerRank is truly amazing. Solving them can help to improve your coding skills.

What do you dislike?

I cannot imagine a con in hackerRank it is perfect for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Hacker Rank for those who are preparing for the Job interviews.

I use HackerRank to learn different problem solving algorithms. Also the job interview preparation is very good.

HackerRank review by Nisha  B.
Nisha B.

"Great ! "

What do you like best?

The option of Codepair is great since we can see the candidates code real time.

What do you dislike?

May be we can look at making the platform look more relevant to IOS & Android.

Helping in filtering candidates better and saving a lot of time in manual screening and reducing the overall effort and leading to high quality hired.

HackerRank review by Administrator

"HackerRank has revolutionized our technical assessments"

What do you like best?

Test creation via API, recorded terminal sessions to review, applicant ranking.

What do you dislike?

No automated test runs for development means you must login as a user to validate tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize that you have to create all of your own content for interactive tests (SudoRank), meaning you have to create all the scripts for checking for the solution as well as an automated way to solve them. This requires a lot of work up front but is more than worth it in the end.

Weeding out unqualified applicants before wasting technical interviewer's valuable time.

HackerRank review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"A great concept tool for education"

What do you like best?

The prompt and reliable support from the staff. The ability to code in virtually any language.

What do you dislike?

- Cannot create a pdf of code and MC questions SEPERATELY.

- Poor candidate interface

- Does not allow to read/write to text files

- personal question bank design has improved, but is still not user-friendly

- The test cases take TOO LONG to create since I have to open a new window for every single case I create

Recommendations to others considering the product

A bit of a learning curve, but worth it!

I am a high school teacher using it for student evaluation and assessment

HackerRank review by Prema V.
Prema V.

"Passion and Practice makes u Perfect"

What do you like best?

Best platform to develop our coding skill. It tests our logical and problem solving ability to the maximum. Even a beginner can become a best coder. If you are a person with more passion towards programming then Hackerrank will be your favourite spot.

Have a happy coding..!!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing like that i found yet. I don't have any negative ideas about hackerrank.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite easy to achieve the heights by using Hackerrank very effectively.

I used to solve more problems on algorithms , data structures and in various programming languages. It makes me to code efficiently within a short span of time.

HackerRank review by Puajn t.
Puajn t.

"Best platform to learn codding"

What do you like best?

It is the best web site to learn codding and practice lots of questions. Here all the questions are well defined and editorials are also good. We can code in any language and in provides best IDE for best codding experience.

What do you dislike?

Many few competitions on this web site. In some department there are only some specific questions . Some departments have very easy questions that should be modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best site to start the codding and learn new things.

Best platform to improve you coding skills. And lots of questions to practice .

HackerRank review by Courtney N.
Courtney N.

"Lead Technical Campus Recruiter"

What do you like best?

the amount of time saved

the ability to capture a really wide audience

What do you dislike?

some of the questions are very wordy and hard to understand

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's super easy to set up, use and review candidates, highly recommend this product to others.

We are solving for the sheer number of students we need to screen.

Reducing the time it's taken to screen candidates.

HackerRank review by VivekKumar T.
VivekKumar T.

"Coder's Place"

What do you like best?

I liked its codesprints,hour ranks,programming tutorials,machine learning tutorials and etc.

What do you dislike?

Machine learning tutorial needs to be a little in depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all those who already know machine learning and want to practice it over here

I am currently trying to learn machine learning and practice it on Hackerrank,Previously I used to practice programming questions over here.

HackerRank review by Kartik N.
Kartik N.

"HackerRank is there to improve your skills"

What do you like best?

I am very fond of the contests on the HackerRank which gives really good competitive experience and also helpful for learning. I have also learned coding languages from the tutorials available here.

What do you dislike?

I don't find anything I dislike. HackerRank is perfect for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone because if you have job you can still learn from here and if you are preparing for interviews then it is also for you.

As I mentioned earlier using HackerRank I have learned many things. Also the interview questions set is really helpful.

HackerRank review by ramesh d.
ramesh d.

"PYTHON PROGRAMMING"

What do you like best?

Man its best,I learned python programming and currently have started machine learning problem solving,its best ,everything is best.

What do you dislike?

I am a great fan of hackerrank,I dont dislike anything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to solve machine learning questions from here to every person currently learning ML.

I learned python programming and currently pursuing machine learning over here.

HackerRank review by Vishwas Sinh S.
Vishwas Sinh S.

"Great Way to practice"

What do you like best?

Competitions is the best feature I like. Competing is a great way to improve ones-self therefore competitions is the best feature

What do you dislike?

Still not explored the website entirely therefore fount nothing much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One must try a section where he/she is weak first.

Not Business benefits really, but it is a great platform for students to practice and improve coding skills, which in-turn improve problem solving and analytics. Also it provides exploration in various fields of coding like algorithms, data structures, new technologies used making it a latest platform to learn.

HackerRank review by User

"HackerRank is the best online platform to learn new technical skills"

What do you like best?

At HackerRank the best thing i like is it's competition section in which there is a list of various type of coding competition from which we can choose contest and then apply for and test our coding skills it also have practice set of coding questions.

What do you dislike?

the thing i dislike on HackerRank is that the solution of questions in editorial section is getting old so i think HackerRank have update their solution and also add some new question set. The another thing i dislike is that there is no use of hackos other then just buying test input.

i have solved my problems in algorithms and in machine learning this benefits me in various aspects like it saves my time, make program look good and increase my skill set.

HackerRank review by Chahat S.
Chahat S.

"Good for Programmers"

What do you like best?

Learning for competitive programming and practicing using practice questions and regular contests.

What do you dislike?

contests that lasts for more than an hour or two,ya you can consider me lazy ;).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to all people going for technical interview to practice over here.

I prepare for my interviews and competitive programming from here.

HackerRank review by Sri Y.
Sri Y.

"Vwry Usefull platform for coding learners learners"

What do you like best?

Easy to Code and execute here and it is easy to find the errors

What do you dislike?

There is nothing for me to dislike this platform.

I am practicing c programming and data structures to improve my coding skills and i found much better improvement in myself till now from the starting of my practice,

HackerRank review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent teaching aid"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that I can set tests/quizzes via HackerRank and know that the students are taking them in full-screen mode without any unlogged peeks at other sites. Of course, it doesn't stop them looking stuff up on their other devices but it's a good start.

What do you dislike?

There are issues with the (beta) software for dealing with project structured applications with unit tests, etc. I can't create all the question types I would like to (basically only MCQ and coding).

Giving students quizzes.

HackerRank review by Milind S.
Milind S.

"BEST LEARNING AND EXPERIENCING PLATFORM"

What do you like best?

Dashboard,UI,Contests,Tutorials,30 days of code,student chapter,etc

What do you dislike?

Nothing ,Basically I liked everything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to my friends and colleages to use this for a great experience and expressing their inner abilities to code

I actually learn and compete on this platform.I was suggested to use this by my brother.

HackerRank review by Himanshu R.
Himanshu R.

"Hackerrank is the best thing ever that has happened to me."

What do you like best?

The main reasons I like hackerrank is because of proper categorisation of questions, plenty of domains to practice, excellent tutorials and discussion for each question, regular rated contests and ofcourse it's beautiful UI.

What do you dislike?

There are few bugs in the site which is sometimes annoying but a page reload gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must reliable, accurate, trusted and easy to use.

I am a student, I'm learning and practicing a lot on hackerrank. But in future if I get a chance I will surely use hackerrank to conduct hiring contests.

HackerRank review by Anant P.
Anant P.

"Best for enhancing coding skills"

What do you like best?

It provides real life complex problems and also provides great competitive environment. So, it becomes very useful for basic learners to grow up their programming skills by using this platform.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it provides various kinds of tutorials for beginners. So, it become very helpful for learners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this tool for all people who are enthusiastic for programming and also seeking for great platform and environment.

It helps me to improve my problem solving skills and also to enhance my programming skills.

HackerRank review by Saurav J.
Saurav J.

"Great Place to work!!"

What do you like best?

>Amazing founders to interact with

>Learnt a lot

>Good environment

>Great team

>High Energy Atmosphere

> Clear Goals for the future

>Fun to work.

>Always heading for some thing new.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a con. Nice place to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should try on this as you will get a new exposure to coding and you are going to love to code in it.

Happy coding!!

I am solving questions on different programming languages and it helps me a lot to increase my logic making strength and clear my concepts.

"Does the job!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can send the tests, and that making edits to the tests as needed is straightforward and practical.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the navigation, and the candidate search tool is a bit troubling as now it sends you to the recruitment interface. Otherwise, it does the job.

We are solving the business problem of ensuring that our candidates are vetted properly as it relates to their tech acumen. We are bringing on candidates that have the skills needed for the role.

HackerRank review by User

"Best for Beginners and Experience Programmers"

What do you like best?

Its Online IDE is really good & Its Beginners tutorials are Awesome

Running of the Programs is easy.

Submission of Solutions is Comfortable And best When Compares to Other Platforms

What do you dislike?

In Discussions section some are posting their Solutions

Some Test cases are really poor in quality

Some times constraints are not given with precisely

video tutorials are to more Easily Understandable for Beginners

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its best place for to showcase your Skills and Coding is fun

Technical recruiting

Easy Screen Evaluation

Easy for Hiring

Candidate Skills Analyzer

HackerRank review by Arnav S.
Arnav S.

"Coder's Platform"

What do you like best?

What else can be better than this.You can code,compete and learn on the same platform

What do you dislike?

Nothing much,Actually I have not yet explored much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to all my frriends and colleages because it is best for coding and learning.

I use hackerrank to learn,understand and code.

HackerRank review by David M.
David M.

"An awesome place to learn and practice"

What do you like best?

Every thing about Hacker Rank is awesome, but have the chance to get a job through a contest is awesome, the way that the companies present their test is also a very good iniciative. I just love it.

What do you dislike?

Some times we get stock, because of the restriction that some companies have with people from other contries.

Hacke Rank has provide me with a powerfull tool, I've compete with the top coders in the workd, for places at companies that are ranked in top of the world.

HackerRank review by Shivam T.
Shivam T.