Do you work for HackerRank?

HackerRank Reviews & Product Details

What is HackerRank?

HackerRank is a skills-based tech hiring platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills, better. We’re driving a new paradigm shift by eliminating resumes and creating opportunities for hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. Over 1,000 companies across industries, including VMware, Twitter and Capital One, use HackerRank to build strong engineering teams. Attract and source high-quality, passionate developers using a HackerRank Jobs, the bridge between you and our community of 2M+ developers. Let candidates screen themselves with a auto-scored coding challenges. And interview the top performers with CodePair, which combines a video stream with live coding. Visit hackerrank.com/work to learn more.

HackerRank Screenshots

HackerRank Reviews

1-50 of 206 total HackerRank reviews

HackerRank Reviews

1-50 of 206 total HackerRank reviews
HackerRank review by Karan  S.

"Amazing learning experience."

What do you like best?

Best thing is the super user-friendly UI making learning all the more fun. The categories are well sorted and the topic questions are very easy to follow. Each section is nicely covered.

One of the best platform for interview Screening as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much of a dislike but waiting for more areas to be added like ethical hacking and more programming languages to learn even a brief introduction. More companies to get integrated to the plaltform and even the community sync to help each other grow more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform for learning, practising, competing, improving skills and even for companies to hire talent.

We are using the platform for evaluating the candidates and initial screening. Platform is well used to practice the problems to be in sync with the sports programming getting shaped every new day and to contribute back to the platform.

HackerRank review by Mohd Anas K.
Freelance Developer

"A competitive programming platform which everyone needs."

What do you like best?

Hackerrank is majorly known for its competitive programming questions. The best thing, I like in Hackerrank is its direct screening of applicants. From the last few years, Hackerrank is seen as a market leader in the field of competitive computer programming. Most of the recruiters, nowadays use this platform for applicant screening during on/off campus selection process.

What do you dislike?

Though Hackerrank is good platform for competitive computer programming, still it has few things which needs to be done. The difficulty of the questions are not upto the mark. Some questions are quite easy but kept into medium category, similarly, some tough questions are kept in easy category, so Hackerrank does need to take care of the categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a begineer, and are not clear with your syntax of programming language, then hackerrank is the best platform to choose, you can easily find questions which is preferable to you. There are always many challenges going on everyday, so you can also take part into it, and can win many prizes.

Hackerrank focusses on competitive programming for both consumers and businesses.The product, helps in hiring engineers,company screening and for other roles.Hackerrank platform provides businesses, the option of using their own build-in libraries for programming challenges.As a beginner,there are tons of benefits, like you can easily learn to use it.

HackerRank review by Salman K.
Freelance Developer

"The best portal for competitive coding and Getting hired ."

What do you like best?

Its user interface is simply the best in its segment . I have used a lot of other online platforms and this is my favorite platform online coding .

The ranking system is effective and well categorized .

Its code editor is the best .

Problem statements are crisp and clear.

What do you dislike?

The main reason I don't give hackerrank a 10 star rating is that there are very less number of competiitons as compared to hackerearth and codechef . This is the one thing hackerrank should focus more .

It should increase number of job opeings ass they are very less compared to other platforms .

Questions should be added more frequently .

Sometimes the compiler crashes . Fix that bug .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely in the right direction and one should always go for it without a second thought . A piece of advice - Do code on other platforms too as it will be wise not to invest all your eggs in one basket .

I am a freelancer developer and I have applied for some companies and have interviewed with them. Hackerrank helps me to practice online and by taking part in competitions , I can increase my rankings which definitely will help me to get hired .

HackerRank review by Krishna Murari J.
Intern

"Best Online Coding Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the User Interface of Hackerrank. It is very clean and minimalistic which helps me to focus.

I love the category wise rankings which are separated into practice and algorithmic score and within it, there are different categories such as maths, data structures and algorithms.

The solutions are very clearly explained and are available in many languages.

Editiorials provided are of good quality.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about hackerrank is that it has less questions and number of competitions compared to its rivals such as codechef, hackerearth etc.

The discussion platform is not so good. And, we cannot report comments there.

It gives the results of competitions very late, which it should improve and give it faster.

Cant include external libraries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hackerrank is today one of the best platforms to code. My recommendation - Solve your problems in the most optimal ways respective of time and space complexity.

I am a student developer who is looking for jobs and Hackerrank is one of the best platforms to apply and get interviewed if I am having required the skills. And, also it helps you to practice online coding. One of the reasons, I am freelancer backend developer, is because of HckerRank.

HackerRank review by Avinash K.

"HackerRank - one of the best platform to learn programming and find technical jobs"

What do you like best?

Hackerrank Jobs.

I love the interface which primarily made me stick to HackerRank in spite of other similar platforms.

The questions are clearly explained.

We can download the test cases and then check for bugs in our code.

It has different domains to participate from C To AI.

Convenient dashboard.

It organises multiple competitions in a month.

LinkedIn placements mock test is there which is not in any other platform.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things that I don't like is -

Number of competitions are less than other platforms.

Problems are not added frequently.

There is no time bound to solve the question.

No actual question asked in the interviews are present.

Company wie preparation is needed.

Addition of mock tests will be better.

Not much Object Oriented Programming stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using HackerRank now for more than a year and it's worth it. Definitely recommend everyone to join it. Though, stick to more than one platforms for practice.

I am not solving any business problems with HackerRank but various companies I have heard of use HackerRank for technical recruiting and organizing coding competitions.

I use hackerrank to improve my coding skills to get hired for technical jobs

Benefits -

I cans see where I stand to get interviewed.

My performance over other candidates.

HackerRank review by Robert R.
CEO and Co-founder

"Very useful for hiring high level developers"

What do you like best?

The coding tests in HackerRank are very difficult and have been the best way that we have found to evaluate candidates on deep technical skills. The tests are very similar to the type of thing that you will find in a coding competition. And these are real coding test in that they compile the code and evaluation the solution automatically. This make is very easy for a non-technical manager to evaluate a highly technical candidate.

They also do have multiple choice questions, pared coding and other types of tests which we do not use but probably are useful for some situations. Really the reason we like it is that we have not found anything that is able to evaluate candidates on their ability to solve very hard technical problems.

What do you dislike?

There is always room for improvement in any software. I would say that one of the issues is that to make it work effectively I think you need to either create your own coding tests or get them to create a custom test just for your company. The tests that are public and available to everyone on the HackerRank site are probably searchable on Google which makes it a bit too easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a custom test developed by the HackerRank team. It costs something to do this but it's worth it.

We are trying to evaluate technical skill in developer candidates.

HackerRank review by Vaibhav P.
Vice President of Engineering, Big Data & Platform
Internet

"Great Filter before we talk with candidates"

What do you like best?

They have tests preconfigured for given experience level. We don't have to think about the questions. The part I especially like is the programming questions. The questions come in various difficultly levels too. The interface is very easy to use. You can also change the time allotted to the tests. That way tests can be configured to your needs. Overall it serves as a great filter before we talk to the candidate.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much nothing. It has solved a huge problem for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to their account managers before starting using it. They will help you use the exact features suitable for you.

For smaller companies that do not have recruiters in house, it becomes essential to filter people to speed up the hiring process. Hackerrank has allowed us to do that. It has saved me tremendous amount of time by filtering the candidates before I talk with them.

HackerRank review by Raj B.
(10,001+ employees)

"If you wish to learn a new skill then "HackerRank""

What do you like best?

HackerRank has large number of tutorials available for different languages and technologies. Also it has a good number of challenging questions set to test our skill. I have learnt many things from HackerRank.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank is it's online compiler for some languages it is outdated because during one competition I wasted some time to learn that the compiler has no library file which I was trying to use. Though I got support and resolved my problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to those who are preparing for job interview since it has very good and good quality questions set which can help to easily crack an interview.

As a software engineer I have to keep my self updated with new programming language with trend and I can simply learn it from HackerRank also it's coding challenge is useful as well.

HackerRank review by Pritam K.
(10,001+ employees)

"Awesome engaged learning experience"

What do you like best?

Variety of problems if one my favorites.

I find the user interface and user experience very cozy and comfortable.

I greatly appreciate the model.

Not only that, I am very comfortable with the structure now. I do not remember if I had any trouble earlier when I just started using Hackerrank. I fell in love with this place in no time though.

I could practice what I love. Also, since it has schemes of rewarding the candidate with medals and Ranks I gives a sense of achievement after spending hours at the site. It makes my fun time worthwhile.

Model

What do you dislike?

Hackerrank is great platform for programming enthusiast. However, in the discussion section there is no option for reporting abuse. I have come across instance where unnecessary/ abusive comments ruin the environment. Especially when users have used non-English languages.

If Hackerrank could come up with a way to get handle on those instance it would be greatly appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend to any other programmer

Hackerrank has been my primary go to place for honing and brushing upon my current and lost programming skills.

I also have had opportunity to learn from other candidates on several occasions.

Getting introduced to ever new things almost every next time I try attaching a new problem leaves me with a satisfying high. I would think being productive is becoming addictive at this time.

I have learnt much more than that. I am very grateful. Thank you so very much!

HackerRank review by Gunank S.
Machine Learning Engineer

"Amazing platform to get started with competitive programming"

What do you like best?

The way hacker rank provides problems for competitive programming from basic to expert level problems. Hacker rank provides one of the best IDE and compiler online. I recommend Hacker rank to every new comer who is starting with programming and get into this new word. I have done a lots of programming questions on hacker rank. It also helps me in making my interest in Programming. Hacker rank provides a way to learn through solving problems. A lot of companies uses Hacker rank as a platform to recruit the students from colleges across the nation. Hacker Rank .

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike on this amazing platform.I just want Hacker rank to add some job opportunities in India.Which can help people to find a job online through Hacker rank.Hacker rank needs to provide some tutorials for new comers to learn about data structures and algorithms which helps them in solving the problems. One more feature i want hacker rank to add that a user can buy goodies from a store like amazon with hackos they earned on hacker rank by solving the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing platform to code

I am a student so problems on hacker rank really helps a lot to solving problems in online competitions. It helps in my program solving skills. Which will Help in development of a product. I got a lots of benefits by completing the tutorials on hacker rank that they are providing.

HackerRank review by Aarav M.
(10,001+ employees)

"Great tutor for developing programming skills"

What do you like best?

HackerRank is a very good platform to learn and practice coding skills. It can be useful to a person who has just started from the scratch to the people who are pro in this field. For the newbies, it has good tutorials in all the forms while for the rest there are many competitions to encourage and motivate them to get better day by day. One can also know where does he/she stand through the ranks among the others. Coding tests can be conducted as well on HackerRank.

What do you dislike?

Solutions to the challenging questions are at times difficult to find and understand. There should be proper explanations for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PRACTICE AND LEARN! That's all i would recommend as now and forever.

Competitive coding tests that are available on this platform are useful to crack many coding interviews and get placed into a nice company.

HackerRank review by Vikas T.
(10,001+ employees)

"HackerRank is best for learning and coding"

What do you like best?

I like everything in HackerRank it's tutorials , coding challenges , interview preparation and what not.

It really provides the quality tutorials for programming languages which is good for learning from the scratch.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike or rather say as a suggestion is that the new tutorials and challenging questions should be added frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank who love to learn new skills also who like to participate in coding challenges or who want to find a job or who want to prepare for interviews. In short HackeRank is has everything.

I have been using HackerRank for learning new languages for projects since long. As a developer it is necessary to learn new languages for doing projects at work and HackerRank has provided great tutorials always.

HackerRank review by Dipak S.
Software Developer
(Myself Only)

"Best platform for coding and learning."

What do you like best?

We in our organization use this platform to learn new languages and tutorials to sharpen our coding skills.

This platform provides the best and optimal solutions to different real time problems. It helps to clear so much doubts and also helpful to understand logical concepts.

What do you dislike?

While organizing a contest on hacker rank it is possible that contestants might see the solutions available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend HackerRank to all my friends for preparation of placement interviews in college.

It is useful for preparation of technical interviews in college placements. Also in our organization we host many coding contest to cheer up our technical team for coding.

HackerRank review by Amit P.
(10,001+ employees)

"Comes with quality tutorials"

What do you like best?

I have been using HackerRank since a long a time and the best thing I like in HackerRank is it's great tutorials on many programming languages which has helped me a lot in the years. Also I find it's interview preparation questions sets best available online.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank is it's online editor/compiler for 1-2 languages is outdated so new library are not supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone who are willing to find a job or who is preparing for the job interview. It has helped me a lot and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I have been using HackerRank for learning/improving my programming skills which has helped me a lot in developing a software.

HackerRank review by Aarya R.

"HackerRank - To make you a better coder"

What do you like best?

The various questions in hackerrank cover all topics that a programmer should know about. They show the rankings and performance of everyone publicly, which makes the people who view those pages competitive and beat them.

What do you dislike?

The frequency of competitions are less. The most frequent one is week of code. The HourRank, before the one this week, was conducted during July or something. HourRank needs to be once every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who want to be a good competitive coder, I think this is the best place that takes you from a wee beginner to an expert level.

I am a third year BTech CSE student. I realise that this is a very good platform for developing algorithms and study new languages. It has helped me ace several coding competitions.

HackerRank review by Bharat S.
(10,001+ employees)

"Have been using for learning new languages since long"

What do you like best?

I like the coding challenges and solving the problems on HackerRank. I invest all of my free time to learn new languages on HackerRank since it has good quality tutorials. Also the interview preparation questions are really helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is no particular thing I dislike about HackerRank but I would say that the editor they provide seems to have some problems sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to all those IT students who are preparing for job interviews and those who want to learn new languages because of it's quality tutorials.

As a developer I need to keep my self updated with new programming languages and HackerRank helps me doing it.

HackerRank review by Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy to use product"

What do you like best?

The product is very straight forward and easy to use. Set up of tests is simple and allows for collaboration across many members of the hiring team. The interface is very friendly, and the report is easy to read. We are a big fan of the option to review the code as the candidate wrote it, and also like the easy of the plagiarism marker. The support team with the product is very quick and effective as well.

What do you dislike?

Once a test is created, it would be great if there was an easy way to change the owners of the test. Currently you must contact support, so it leave a few unneeded hoops to jump through. Otherwise, we are very pleased with the overall product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During implementing ask ALOT of questions. It is important to understand the options within the system, and utilize them. I would recommend having multiple folks from development teams who will be using the product involved in the implementation.

Its a great way to help filter out candidates who are applying without interest. We look for high technical capacity and have really benefitted from the additional of HackerRank.

HackerRank review by Kishan T.
Software Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"The best place to learn new skills"

What do you like best?

I like the tutorials available for different domains and technologies on HackerRank. Also there is the coding contests available which are really useful to test the knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike or suggest for improvement is that the problems are not added frequently so I need more problem sets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone because of it's large collection of interview questions sets which surely helps for interviews. Also many coding challenges are there. In short HackerRank provides a huge platform for learning and hiring.

As a developer learning new language is made easy by HackerRank since it has many language tutorials available. I use HackerRank for learning.

HackerRank review by Administrator in Internet

"Best website like this I've used"

What do you like best?

Your code completion is the biggest feature and main thing that can be improved. Their library of questions is very nice, best way to use the site.

What do you dislike?

The input/output when designing a question is difficult. Wish that we could use a library question but then easily modify it and be notified if the original question as been modified by HackerRank (or just an option to clone). The results page only shows the final results, no intermediate ones, which causes issues if the time limit is too low.

Push notifications or email notifications for different roles would make it far easier to use (email a few people whenever a candidate finishes, or a weekly/daily report of it). Would also be great for anyone to be able to track the progress better, to be able to evaluate what scores/solution methods produce what long-term results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting the setup correct takes more effort than one would hope, so consider that when giving it a real try. Make sure to leave time for tweaking the question, ask for feedback about it, have current employees test-run the questions you're considering.

Helps ensure that our employees only spend time interviewing people who pass a minimum bar, to minimize any time wasted by either party.

HackerRank review by User

"Usable product, but work to be done"

What do you like best?

Hackerrank's tooling around visualizing when code was written has been super helpful for catching suspected plagiaristic code. Hackerrank also allows me to write questions so that I can look for all the attributes of being able to think about their problem and analyze it that I expect from candidates.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to allow the candidates I send Hackerrank's to see more of their errors/output when they are running code. In addition, I would like it if adding sample test was much easier, so that candidates could have the choice between inputting their own tests, using a singular sample test, or running the full test suite.

We use Hackerrank to screen candidates and give them a programming onsite interview. The screening has been very helpful in grading a large amount of candidates with relatively less interviewer time. This has definitely been the most helpful use of Hackerrank. The programming onsite has been good to see candidates code in a more familiar environment than a whiteboard.

HackerRank review by Rakesh P.
Software Engineer

"It helps us to learn different languages in no time "

What do you like best?

It is the best platform for the best engineers to hone their skills and companies to find top enginners , there are so many solved examples , and the compilers are best of it.

What do you dislike?

It do not need developers who can successfully code in notepad, many people opens there account with fake names and email here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Here,

Challenge_id is the unique challenges id

It explains the data processing steps.

As per your score you can get your rank.

Easy to use , its compilers are good , it can find my error in less then a second , and atlast it takes me to the perfect output of the code.

HackerRank review by Shiva K.
Senior Software Engineer

"A great online competitive platform for coding"

What do you like best?

HackerRank has the best interactive environment for writing code. It's GUI is very simple and editing code is very easy. It also provides suggestions for code. It's problem statements are very precise and include visual aids wherever necessary.

What do you dislike?

The forums section can be improved upon. The provision to include external libraries is not available. Also new questions are not posted frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool out there for recruitment purposes. My recommendation - Try it!

HackerRank gives me the opportunity to test a candidate's ability in coding. It helps me a lot in recruiting through online challenges and through campus interviews.

HackerRank review by Shaival S.
Senior Software Engineer

"Really good practice for beginners"

What do you like best?

The best thing about hackerrank is how it is very much user friendly website with good practice problems and 30 day code for beginners.Almost anyone can start with coding from hackerrank even without any prior experience.

What do you dislike?

The contests organized on hackerrank aren't as frequent as it should be. There is no option of hacking someone's solution to find error in it by adding our own testcase during the contest as it is present in codeforces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a complete beginner hackerrank is the best place to start coding with.

We recruited some of the best engineers by organizing a contest on hackerrank and filtering the best of thousands.

HackerRank review by Mohit S.
Marketing and Sales Intern

"The Silent Behemoth"

What do you like best?

When I say behemoth I mean it in every literal sense of the word. HackerRank is a name synonymous with one of the best coding tournament held all across the world.I feel enamored by it's charm and it is something which is worth experiencing and it is time that it will become a minimum standard to judge any coder.

What do you dislike?

In general what I feel is the UI seems laggy at times and I would love to see some real time code sharing board or something like that so that everyone can share their code at once.

Also it would be wonderful if we can get an ios app for the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to take this amazing opportunity to welcome all my CSE and geeky peers to come and try this platform for once because once they do it I am pretty sure that they will not be able to leave it because not only does it attract you but it gives you a vision and helps you plan for the future.

I am looking here to get the right exposure in order to understand what the world's standard is and if I am at par with my peers.It also gives us a chance to learn something new by healthy competition.

HackerRank review by Omkar K.

"Very great experience."

What do you like best?

The focus given on improving the time complexity of the problems is amazing. Focus is given on basic and simple logical problems but more focus is on solving it in minimum time. This is what is great about hackerrank. It covers almost all types of domains. From AI to mathematics, we can practice anything over here. Also job oppurtunities are available. hacckerrank helped me in cracking coding competitions held at my institution level.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about hacckerank. Its awesome platform to develop programming skills.

They should show best optimal coded solutions after any hackathon. It will help in self improvement of coders worldwide.

Because till now, if we dont get solution to a specific question, then it remains a question itself. In the discussion forum students discuss, but sometimes its confusing. So best optimal codes should be displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please start using hackerrank as soon as possible. it will surely help u develop your programming skills as well as knowledge. Also it will give u exposure to industries conducting coding competitions on hacerrank as platform. At least try solving 4-5 codes on a daily basis. And spare some time for coding. It will surely help u in your future placement opportunities. Might be you can apply for job at hackerrank itself. They have good job opportunities in India as well as out of India for testers, programmers,etc. Enjoy coding.

Hackerrank is used as platform for conducting placement tests. It provides a level of similarity for evaluating applicants.

HackerRank review by Chitaranjan P.
(Myself Only)

"started from beginner and now eligible in competetive programming"

What do you like best?

when i signed up in hackerrank first i started learning c++ for 30 days ie for 1 month then i started algorithm implementing in different areas in competetive..and also i had learned which algorithm is better for which program thats thought by hackerrank ..mostly i had learned stl library which is very useful in competetive programming.so i advising other programmer to start learning programming in any language for cometetive then they should go to Hackerrank.

What do you dislike?

sorry but for me there is no dislike in hackerrank..

Recommendations to others considering the product

In hackerrank we can get easily any solution if we get any confused .. and we contact to the top coder to clear the doubts which is very useful.but not in codechef..so hackerrank is better for me.

i had participated in many competition like codechef snackdown 17 ,Techgig Code GLadiator2017 ,codeagon 2017

etc. in techgig code gladiator2017 i had pass upto semifinal round.. and codechef snackdown 2017 i had pass upto elemination round .thank you Hackerrank for making me CODER.

HackerRank review by Nadiminty K.
(Myself Only)

"Hackerrank is best for the beginners of competitive coding"

What do you like best?

The way hackerrank organizes the contests and the admin support is also very responsive

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike in the hackerrank.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend hackerrank to the people who are in the starting stage of the competitive programming. The contests that happen frequently surely make you think out of the box and if you face any problems with the website, the responsiveness is also very fast which is one of the reasons why i would recommend the hackerrank. The hackerrank would become an addiction after some days of usage and the medals that one get by solving questions and being in the top percentile surely boosts your mental strength and also helps one to be brave enough to solve more problems.

One can assess themselves when they start using hackerrank. Hackerrank has multiple languages to learn and this can be useful for people who are willing to learn multiple languages and master them. It also helps people who are ready to hire people and people who think out of the box when they start solving an problem. Hackerrank was mainly developed so that people who are hiring,can get the best programmers regardless of their poor resume or poor academics.Hackerrank can also be useful to hire people that are self taught. Hackerrank's UI is so pleasing and so attractive to use. As most of the big companies use hackerrank to hire people many people get enough opportunities to ace the interviews and get recruited.

HackerRank review by Raj Madhan R.
Member Of Technical Staff

"Good Coding Environment for the one who starts from the scratch. Need tutorial from best solutions."

What do you like best?

Mostly the way they organise the problems. It is easy for beginners to move from very basic part to more complex ones. Seperating domain wise and again sub domians and order based on difficulty is really better than many other online platforms. UI is really good it gives a good feel. Not only for contests and recruiting lots of problems like linux and mapreduce are written in a style to guide to learn.

What do you dislike?

I would say the quality of some HackerRank problems is not as high as that of the others. There were a couple of times where the problem was just another variant of an old problem that I had solved previously (the level of similarity made me feel too bored to even solve it again). But is has to be seperated as learning purpose.

I dont know why the hackos are calculated and dont know if it has some other values.

We need best discussing platform. And organise the solutions discussed based on the difficulties. and you can tags related more points method like stackoverflow etc.. Even though problems of different domain and difficulty are arranged it's little hard to search. we need news feed kind of stuff showing recently liked or used one. Also users need to contribute like stack overflow and contribution must be cleared organised and tagged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better one for recruitment process than the others. Also for teaching and testing purpose really useful. Since problems are clearly ordered we could easily search solutions related to our problem.

It really helped me in college days. From organising contest in technical event to facing coding round in interviews and learning stuffs it really helped me a lot.

HackerRank review by Administrator in Internet

"Great for freeing up engineering time"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can easily send out a test and confirm our suspicions on whether or not a candidate is good enough technically to come in for an onsite interview.

What do you dislike?

It is a big wonky to use via Lever. The integration is not just good and we lose a lot of features, which require us to go into HackerRank to send it out manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improving integrations with ATS

We're trying to maximize our engineers time because a tech screen takes 1 hour, and the onsite takes 4 hours. If the candidate is not good at coding, we're wasting a total of 5 hours of engineer time which they could be spent working on developing products for us.

The biggest benefit is getting that extra reassurance that each engineer we bring in is worth the time.

HackerRank review by Kaushal T.
Software Engineer

"Excellent User Interface and Good Problems "

What do you like best?

HackerRank is the best platform to solve large number of questions and It has the best User Interface.

And it is best platform for beginners to practice for their interviews.It has well defined sections for all the categories. It has the best editorials for all the questions.

What do you dislike?

It has very less number of tough problems in all the sections.Very less number of competitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best for beginners to practice their codding skills. There are topic vise questions so easy to find any question and practice that.

I can find interns who has best problem solving techniques by organizing online codding competitions.

HackerRank review by Parthiv R.
System Engineer
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Overall best platform for learning"

What do you like best?

I like the huge set of problem set available in HackerRank which I find very useful to improve or upscale my coding skills.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank is sometimes while participating in a contests I can't use standard library in my code in some specific languages but still it is not a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to everyone because of it's programming problem sets and solutions and interview questions collections and what not. Simply awesome.

I have learnt many thing from HackerRank and even I got placed during my college interviews because I prepared for it on this platform.

HackerRank review by Hemal P.
(10,001+ employees)

"HackerRank = learn programming"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hacker Rank is the contests it is having. I like the contests because it is always good to sharpen your coding skills through it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike about HackerRank can be sometimes it is not easy enough to organise a contest on it or we can say that it is not easy to use in some cases again that is my personal opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Hacker Rank to all the students who want to learn coding easily and in a better way.

I have learnt programming languages from HackerRank only and also my coding skills are improved because of it.

HackerRank review by Chanchal K.
SDE 3
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Fantastic tool for evaluating potential candidates for hiring"

What do you like best?

The detailed analysis and comparison with other candidates who have attempted the question

What do you dislike?

Lack of ratings for the question. Some question will be good, others could be unclear and unintuitive for the test talker. It would be great if we have test taker reviews for the questions they attempt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A fantastic tool to reduce the time you spend interviewing candidates that do not fit the role.

We have a better funnel with hacker rank and we don't need to spend valuable developer time to interview candidates we definitely know will not meet the mark.

HackerRank review by Aarav s.

"Good for hiring"

What do you like best?

Best part is you get ready made questions and also you can add your own questions with your own time limits and your own contraints.This makes it very easy to get to know skill of a person for our company.

What do you dislike?

The premade problem's solutions are also available so that's the thing i don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend hackerrank for hiring skilled people and also for the students or unemployed people who want to showcase their skills should use this.

We use hackerrank for hiring programming skilled people for our company or project.I personally design questions for the contest organized on hackerrank for hiring.

HackerRank review by Kartik S.
Senior Software Engineer

"Great platform for coders and job recruiters"

What do you like best?

It is great platform for improving coding skills and for recruiting new employees. Here it provide well structured exams. Also those who are looking to improve their coding skills can practice here. Very nice user interface.

What do you dislike?

Aptitude questions are not that good. Also for practicing some questions are so easy that are not needed for competitions. For pre-employment testing it should include various questions from all topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would like to recommend hackerrank to all users who wants to improve coding skills and for organisations for recruitment purpose

We are using hackerrank for recruitment purpose. It is very good and reliable service.

HackerRank review by Surender K.
(Myself Only)

"HackerRank is the best platform to enhance your skills."

What do you like best?

The best thing in the HackerRank is its large collection of practice problems which is the best way in my opinion to learn coding and get problem solving attitude. Also the job/placements preparation can be done through it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HackerRank in my opinion is it is not available on iOS platform as of now and sometimes during contests I get not responding or server busy while compiling that could be because of my internet speed also but not sure about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend HackerRank to all those who want to learn something new and something better than the old school text books. The wide practice problems available here are actually good. I recommend it to all my classmates.

Well I have developed or enhanced my coding skills and even algorithm analysing skills through this platform.

HackerRank review by Moustafa A.
Software Engineer

"HackerRank is the best place to practice your coding skills"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the website

Gamification techniques used (Ranking, badges, levels, ... etc.)

Discussion forms

Monthly contests

Editorial section

What do you dislike?

some problems are very hard to solve, and no hints exist or discussions that can help

applying to most of jobs requires that you must have USA visa/work permit or resident already in USA, rarely jobs exist for international candidates outside USA/EU

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide more opportunities for candidates outside USA/EU to get their chance to interview with international companies

Provide more tutorial paths for beginners, and hints for problems

Practice to improve my coding skills, and sometimes applying for job that require solving test on HackerRank platform

for example: Twitter University Challenge

HackerRank helps me improve my coding skills and learn new language (Python), also I learned how to apply gamification techniques to keep users with you permanently, like i was engaged with hackerrank

HackerRank review by Jedidiah H.
Senior Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"use for interviews at Uber"

What do you like best?

It's really great for interactive coding, I like that you can compile code right in the browser and work through questions/comments directly with the interviewee.

What do you dislike?

I'm pretty happy overall, although I don't use it for graphics or more complicated things that straight interactive coding. I do use Golang quite a bit and it would be good if it had support there. Maybe it would help t o have a chat module or something so I don't have to add comments inline.

interviewing. It really helps with phone screens.

HackerRank review by Sidharth C.
Computer Programmer
(10,001+ employees)

"Best platform to increase your knowledge"

What do you like best?

I like the different coding contests held on HackerRank because participating in it can gain you a lot of knowledge. Also to learn a new language it is really good.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is it do not have iOS application so I have to keep my laptop to use it. But hope it will be there very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend HackerRank to all the computer science students because it is really good for learning a new language.

I have learnt programming languages from HackerRank which have helped me to crack the campus interviews.

HackerRank review by Quan C.