Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?
HALO Recognition

HALO Recognition

(56 reviews)

HALO Recognition delivers employee recognition, rewards, and incentive programs designed to drive engagement and deliver positive business outcomes.

Work for HALO Recognition?

Learning about HALO?

HALO Recognition Reviews

Ask HALO a Question
Showing 59 HALO reviews
HALO review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"Recognition Programs"

What do you like best?

Our account manager, Renee Stern, is amazing. She is always on top of everything, answers our questions quickly, and understands the extreme pressure we are under at PPG. I have personally seen the STARS recognition platform increase engagement on my team. We also have excellent performance with our Service Awards program.

What do you dislike?

I don't typically say this, but I don't dislike anything. This is one program that runs very well, requiring very little of my attention, due to a great account manager and a well established program platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Halo's recognition program is the best. I reviewed over 15 recognition programs from many standpoints and found Halo to have the best product, service, and price.

PPG has experienced the loss of business resulting in downsizing in addition to changing the culture of the company creating additional stress and dissatisfaction. The STARS program has been a shining light and has helped to keep morale up.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HALO Recognition
HALO review by Christine G.
Christine G.

"Boost employee morale"

What do you like best?

These service awards are very beneficial to our employees. It shows them they are appreciated and valued as employees of the company. I also receive prompt service from my representative, Renee Stern. She has always provided me with great customer service and she is very pleasant to work with. I highly recommend this service to companies, who may not offer anything like this to their employees. The quality and variety of gifts that are selected for our company, are awesome.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this company and the service they provide.

Having a program in place where employees can choose their own gift, when they reach a certain milestone within the company is very important and great for morale. We have been getting a lot of praise from our employees, on the new Lucite frame that holds the Certificate of Recognition. Renee Stern mentioned this to me and when I showed it to the Management staff in HR, they were very pleased with it and decided to make the change.

What Employee Recognition solution do you use?

HALO review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Dynegy uses HALO for our service award recognition program"

What do you like best?

The support and quick responses that we receive from the employees who work at HALO, I think they are true partners. They are also agile and didn't push services that we didn't want, they were easy to work with and took our ideas and needs to make the program.

What do you dislike?

At this time it is difficult for me to say as we just implemented in 2018 and I have only been a part of the program since May.

Service Awards

HALO review by Zorelly  C.
Zorelly C.

"HALO "

What do you like best?

Like that the system is end user friendly and allows employees to nominate others for awards without the need of a middleman.

What do you dislike?

approving a nomination could require less steps, its not very intuitive and I've gotten feedback from employees that they don't know how to approve awards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good customer service

we were not recognizing employees, we wanted to increase employee morale. So far employees have been pleased to have a tool that will allow them to recognize their peers

HALO review by Anita B.
Anita B.

"My experience with HALO is very satisfactory"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about HALO are the very friendly and helpful staff that I have had the privilege to work with. Also, any issue I have had (and I have had some doozies!), they have resolved each matter in a courteous, professional, and timely way.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about HALO. If I would state anything here, it would be to make access to the platform for collecting user data more user friendly.

By using HALO services and products, we are filling the need to recognize our employees for their hard work, dedication, and contributions they make to the company and to the customers it serves.

HALO review by Tammy D.
Tammy D.

"Reliable provider of Service Recognition gifts"

What do you like best?

For the most part, reliable service. Products seem to be good quality, few employee complaints. When there are issues, typically responsive to get a resolution.

What do you dislike?

There have been some unexplained issues of packets not being sent for certain employees and having to contact Nicola a few times to get resolved, but these are rare occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Danielle and team are responsive and friendly. Offering a service and retirement recognition gifts through HALO works for us.

Recognizing all employees across a rapidly growing organization in a consistent and fair way. Employees understand all are being treated fairly, which is a positive.

"Human Resources Manager"

What do you like best?

The team at Halo Recognition (previous Michael C Fina) are really great to work with. They are responsive and help us solve problem.

What do you dislike?

The back-end of the software is a little difficult to use. From an Admin perspective I do wish certain tasks were easier to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HALO has a great team that is easy to work with. Some of the features lag to their competitors, but they go above and beyond to meet your needs given their current product,

We use HALO Recognition as our Rewards & Recognition program. It is a great tool towards our efforts on employee engagement.

HALO review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Star Rewards"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, good range of gifts, drives engagement with staff

What do you dislike?

different awards in Australia and New Zealand. Rewards are often changed (removed or added) without notification.

Low engagement. Lack of recognition from peers to other peers. We have seen an increasing use of the system over 5 years and the results of our annual engagement survey have measurably improved in relation to recognition.

HALO review by Heidi C.
Heidi C.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Everyone I deal with at Halo is professional and timely in responses.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike - always a pleasure to deal with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality customer service, quick response time and always a pleasure to deal with, whether it be by phone or by email.

Wonderful employee recognition program.

HALO review by Administrator

"Wonderful customer service! "

What do you like best?

Halo goes above and beyond to accommodate their customers. They are timely in their responses and deliverables that they provide to us and are reliable. We have received nothing but positive feedback from our clients regarding the quality of service that Halo consistently provides. Thank you for all that you do!

What do you dislike?

After 5 years of partnering with Halo, do not have any complaints.

Proactive in identifying issues before they occur- bringing issues to our attention before the client and working in a timely manner to resolve them and /or help us brainstorm on creative solutions to present to the client.

HALO review by Administrator

"Great Selection of Products"

What do you like best?

That the employee can go online, select, and order their own gift. The gifts arrive in a timely manner. I was surprised at how fast the gifts ship and arrive.

What do you dislike?

When an employee is non-eligible for a gift to take them out of the program the form that has to be completed online asks for a lot of useless information that is required to be filled in.

The issues that I've had have been solved in the same day except for a return label. When we first began the program I could ask for a return receipt and receive it within in a few minutes. The last time I asked for one it took two email and days to receive.

"Review"

What do you like best?

It is nice to have this feature available to recognize employees.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the way the administrative side works. Wish all the company emails were already loaded into the system. Our managers really dislike having to enter in all the emails they want to send the recognition wall emails to. Also very confusing to our managers that the name is Halo AND Micheal C Fina.

We like being able to electronically recognize employees and invite other employees to join in.

HALO review by Vicki O.
Vicki O.

"HALO Recognition Survey"

What do you like best?

I like that I have a service representative that stands by me no matter what situation arises. Believe me, situations arise with 30,000+ employees.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that HALO Recognition has not properly introduce itself since the Michael C. Fina acquisition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your team is matched with an equal HALO team versed in your industry.

We have succeeded in increasing patient satisfaction and have been successful in lowering employee turnover with the help of a dedicated team from HALO Recognition.

HALO review by Shavondalyn J.
Shavondalyn J.

"We had a great exprience. Information was delivered in detail."

What do you like best?

This presentation of what the company offers, and the actual gifts the employees receive. The representatives are very responsive.

What do you dislike?

So far everything is going well hard to say we dislike anything since it's been less than a year

HALO provides service awards

"Recognizing Our Employees"

What do you like best?

The awesome team that we work with who are flexible, and has demonstrated great customer service administration staff, whenever there are needs for employees.

What do you dislike?

The transition was somewhat difficult for our staff, but I believe that we realize that change happens. We can now see the value in the namechage or merger. Fear of having to develop a new relationship, glad same staff was retained.

Employees enjoy reaching their milestones of service and look forward to picking out their gift.

I believe the group that is most vocal and pleased with their gift selection are the 20-30 year employees. We are always receiving feedback from employees within this group.

HALO review by Robin N.
Robin N.

"I have great relationships with my reps. They are very responsive and answer and resolve issues qui"

What do you like best?

My partnership with my reps - Cynthia and Katherine are awesome to work with. The quality of service that is provided is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Better way to receive invoices and credits. I receive emails with the same invoices.

Associate's love receiving their gift catalog and look forward to receiving their gifts. I hardlyvever get complaints about the quality of the gifts they select.

HALO review by Renay M.
Renay M.

"Market Development Manager"

What do you like best?

Response time. Halo is extremely fast to get back to you.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Halo offers a wide variety of options for my team.

Nothing really

HALO review by Executive Sponsor in Defense & Space
Executive Sponsor in Defense & Space

"Great experience with Halo Recognition Staff."

What do you like best?

Great service from our Halo Staff. Easy to use systems and the Recognition Wall. This year we had a transition in staff and the Halo team was very helpful in the transition. There was not a beat missed in the program.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that we dislike. We understand the process and any time there is an issue, it is always corrected. Some of the employees are not as happy with the gifts but that is because of the price points we have selected.

Employees and mangers like the Recognition Wall and the employees in general like the gifts.

HALO review by Katera M.
Katera M.

"Excellent service all around."

What do you like best?

The fast response and customization of our website.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about, before we had nothing in place.

Before it was recognizing employees accomplishment.

"Halo Recognition Review"

What do you like best?

One stop site for awarding points, redeeming points, reporting, social network, sending special occasion notes.

What do you dislike?

Being picky here, slight delay in logging in. Otherwise, the tool offers everything I've requested.

Simple solution for recognizing employees and allowing them to redeem their points for items that they can use. Being in Hawaii, 96% of redemptions with our other vendor was for gift cards.

HALO review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Excellent Customer Service "

What do you like best?

My Strategic Account Manager is the best! She's thorough, knowledgeable and she is always there to help me when I need her. We have an excellent working relationship and she takes pride in her job.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that comes to mind. My team is responsive, helpful and always looking for ways to improve upon our services while saving us money.

My biggest challenge is getting the orders shipped to the locatoins. This is an internal issue, we are a large company and not all of our members have email address or a physical location to send their packet. We have to send via our mailroom.

"Great partner!"

What do you like best?

From day one, HALO has been a great partner and true extension of our team. They led us through a seamless implementation process, an outstanding launch, and we are looking forward to their partnership and support as we continue to expand and develop our recognition programs.

What do you dislike?

Could be more robust reporting capabilities

Reducing the huge administrative burden of our program!

HALO review by Susan E.
Susan E.

"Halo Recognition is excellent."

What do you like best?

They always deliver product and customer service with efficiency and quality.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Halo.

Our Service Award program with HALO serves our needs.

HALO review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Great Partnership"

What do you like best?

I love the one on one service we receive from HALO. They provide great customer service and the process is so easy for both employees and our company administrator.

What do you dislike?

The turn around time--needing the reports 30 days out when we often have supervisors change or employees move locations (field personnel especially).

Easy administration for service anniversary and retirement recognition.

HALO review by Marie D.
Marie D.

"Easy-to-use, great customer support"

What do you like best?

The customer support I received from Halo

What do you dislike?

The cost of the product, especially shipping costs.

Easy and convenient way to reward employees for service to the company.

HALO review by Administrator

"Very thorough and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. The reports on the people utilizing the system are thorough. Everything is made simple and the response time is fast and complete.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have any negative comments at this time.

At the present time, our business uses HALO purely for our service award and retirement award program.

HALO review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Service Award Program "

What do you like best?

Provided our company with best practice and data to support our decisions when building our service award program.

What do you dislike?

When building the system......our team was not able to test with our live data until the month prior to our GoLive date. I'm unsure if this might have been an option as part of testing process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They've been an great vendor to work with, very flexible. Extremely accommodating in our request and a fast turnover.

They have helped us in creating to tools that will support a change in behavior when supervisors recognize their employees.

HALO review by James S.
James S.

"Awesome selection and service"

What do you like best?

They responded to my questions and issues in a very quick and concise manner. Also just really like the variety of recognition awards for our employees.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind right now. Awesome so far.

Employee service awards; like I said, the service has been great and the product line is awesome.

"Wonderful Account Management"

What do you like best?

I love working with Denise Fulkerson. Her excellent customer service and attention to detail is the reason why I contacted her to work with us at Brennan. I had previous experience with her, so this was a no brainer for me!

What do you dislike?

Extremely slow response or no response from order processing team when paper forms are submitted. Sometimes I receive confirmation an order has been accepted, and other times I have not.

Halo provides us with an opportunity to recognize employees for celebrating a milestone with our organization.

HALO review by User

"They are a great company to work with."

What do you like best?

That if there is a problem with a service award they are quick to make it right with the customer. There is also a quick turn around time when an order is first placed.

What do you dislike?

Their are some issues with their billing department. It seems at times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

They handle the whole service award selection process from taking the gift order selections to delivering the gifts right to their homes. Also handling any problems that may occur.

HALO review by Administrator

"Halo Recognition - Review of products and services"

What do you like best?

Our employees have provided positive feedback on the products available on the gift catalogues. The admin tool, and reporting for administration is easy and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I have struggled in the past with the response time from our client services representative. However, I must say in the last 6 months or so this has greatly improved. Response time is now within the reasonable time frame of 24-48 business hours.

This program enables our business to reward our employees for their long service and dedication to our business in a professional manner.

HALO review by Cayce K.
Cayce K.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

They provide plenty of coaching and guidance on what employees value most regarding meaningful recognition. They are wonderful to partner with.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if they could be onsite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They make recognition easy!!

First year turnover

Retention through meaningful and inspirational recognition

"HR Specialist"

What do you like best?

Ease of submitting EE information for preparation of the "box" as well as the ordering process for our EE's. The gifts offered are very high quality with a good variety.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. The products are great and your associates are very professional and helpful.

EE's enjoy begin recognized for years of service with our company. The information that is sent with the "boxes" is very helpful in providing ideas for recognizing the EE's.

HALO review by Nancy V.
Nancy V.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

Delivers recognition, rewards, and incentive programs that increase employee loyalty and performance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. Since I haven’t used it to the fullest potential.

Helping employees feel more involve and connected with the business by being recognized for the hard work they’re giving to the company.

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the personable relationship between the account representative and my team.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look and appearance of the Halo Portal. I also have trouble logging on to the site due to a server error. This happens every other time I try and log in.

We are solving the problem of recognition. We are providing employees with service awards gifts to congratulate their time with VF. The benefits include employee satisfaction and ease of use.

"Moen"

What do you like best?

I love the customer service response time by Denise Fulkerson and Roger Chin. Whenever there is a hiccup or I have a general question, either or both of these folks reply almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

I have no real dislikes. Any issues Moen has with Halo services are promptly and professionally handled.

Our service awards program is now via email which speeds up receipt of the award and saves time and money not using mailing packets.

"Superb service"

What do you like best?

The phenomenal customer service I always receive. The employees enjoy the qualityproducts that are offered. We are really glad we use Halo's services.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more automated way to notify Halo when employees leave or join the company. When all of the daily items to address I find it hard to keep up with sending emails of all new hires or terminated employees.

I noticed the morale has increased tremendously since using the services of Halo,

HALO review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Human Resources Director"

What do you like best?

Halo has a 'can do' approach...they are very flexible and cater the program to meet the customer's needs.

Able to customize or configure as needed. So far have delivered on what they advertise and they have good practices a technology.

What do you dislike?

A couple of slips in timellines do to hand-offs that have to occur on their end (one team to provide another team info needed).

Enhance Service Award program - recognition, awards and engagement.

HALO review by User

"Positive feedback from our employees"

What do you like best?

Most of the feedback from employees is always positive. We have a great relationship with our account manager and he is always willing to help improve the employee experience. We have a wonderful partnership with Halo

What do you dislike?

Some employee feedback has been gift selection, however, we have discussed during the annual review. We heard negative feedback on the recognition wall pictures, but, these have been updated and we're happy with the new photos

Recognizing employees has helped increase morale

HALO review by Marsha D.
Marsha D.

"Great to work with"

What do you like best?

Love our team! They really help us meet our goals of satisfaction for our employees

What do you dislike?

No issues. We have been very satisfied.

No complaints from our employees regarding their service award gift selection!

HALO review by Debbie C.
Debbie C.

"Exceptional product and service"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service, easy to work with, great product offerings.

What do you dislike?

Unavailability of popular products when gifts are chosen for service awards.

Employee engagement.

Increased employee satisfaction with reward and recognition program.

"Excellent program"

What do you like best?

I like that I can recognize co-workers around the company with a few simple clicks.

What do you dislike?

I really don't think I can name anything.

We have realized that recognition is really lacking and it's affecting department moral.

HALO review by Oona  S.
Oona S.

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

Great experience with our rep, Adam Fox. He proactively brings us ideas for showcasing and improving our program

What do you dislike?

Can’t think of anything that I dislike.

Recognizing service anniversaries

HALO review by Administrator

"HALO is a great provider for our recognition awards"

What do you like best?

Convenient, simple, and cost effective for our company

What do you dislike?

Our companies records of employee anniversary dates, nothing to do with HALO

Employee appreciation. The gifts are appreciated.

HALO review by Administrator

"Friendly Reps. Good service."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of ordering online and the friendly Halo personnel.

What do you dislike?

The cost is too high. Gifts are better priced elsewhere.

We asked for a credit for a Television that was delivered broken three times to our employee. Most gifts have been delivered in a timely manner to us or to the employees home address.

"Sr HR Representative"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and customer service support.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any comments at this time.

Service Award Program

HALO review by User

"Working with Halo is easy!"

What do you like best?

Clay and Kaisha are personable and quick to answer emails. The company and employees are very responsive to changes and suggestions.

What do you dislike?

Implementation of new processes can take a while. Would love a faster turnaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are willing to customize to suit your needs.

Agent recognition - making agents feel appreciated and their service is valued.

"Excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

I like how fast they respond to questions!

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything. The service is great. I get my packets in a timely matter. Employees love the product choices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good Company. Very Responsive!

We are able to provide our employees with a beautiful seniority recognitions gifts. Our employees look forward to them.

HALO review by Executive Sponsor in Sports
Executive Sponsor in Sports

"Great Partners"

What do you like best?

The Halo team is extremely helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

If I had to come up with one piece of constructive feedback it is the limited number of items in the catalog.

Halo makes it easy to recognize our best employees. It has made it easy to link desired behaviors with quick positive reinforcement.

HALO review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Halo Recognition, formerly M.C. Fina, has been very responsive and easy to work with."

What do you like best?

The selection and quality of the items in the service recognition are very nice. Employees truly appreciate receiving recognition for their service with the company.

What do you dislike?

Our program covers sites in Canada which exposes us to currency exchange fluctuations.

Employee recognition. Employees appreciate the recognition for their service with the company.

Learn more about HALO Recognition

HALO Recognition Videos

Learning about HALO Recognition?

* We monitor all HALO Recognition reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.