Handshake

Handshake is a sales order management app for wholesale.

Work for Handshake?

Learning about Handshake?

Handshake Reviews

Ask Handshake a Question
Showing 9 Handshake reviews
Handshake review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"A nearly complete solution for sales people on the trade show floor."

What do you like best?

My sales reps are extremely happy with this tool. They needed an efficient tool for quickly processing large volumes of orders on the trade show floor with minimal manual entry. I needed this to be an offline to so as not to be subject to WIFI/Cell reception, page load times and processing issues, At its heart it's an SO creation tool, but it also can second as a product catalog and bare-bones CRM. The app is Apple-only at this point in time, built with familiar iOS assets, and quite intuitively laid out, so training was mostly straightforward. Orders sync to the Handshake cloud account, which can be accessed through a web interface. Invoices can be sent to Fulfillment either emailed directly from Handshake during the order process, or downloaded via Invoice PDFs or CSV.

What do you dislike?

We run an old ERP for the time being, and wanted to import orders via .csv files. Our ERP had other plans. Essentially until we get a more robust ERP, we've settled on manually processing our orders which are already digital; this is very backwards. Handshake boasts integrations. These aren't truly prebuilt solutions and you will pay a lot upfront for the implementation, which is why we chose to stay away from them. There is an automated .csv upload/download setting which we may explore once we upgrade our ERP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First implementation is a big deal, so ensure you have the right resources who understand data migration via .csv templates, some python templating language experience would be a bonus. Nice, clean inventory lists and a folder of product images by ids are also recommended.

We used to process hundreds of paper sales orders after a show. Now we are processing them daily as synced to the cloud. We have not yet achieved the efficiency of a fully cloud integrated solution but are well on our way to removing the manual entry step.

My sales reps also comment that their customers are very impressed by our professional approach.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Handshake
Handshake review by <span>Scott C.</span>
Scott C.

"Handshake Review"

What do you like best?

Handshake is designed for the mobile experience. It's a native app on the iOS platform, not a web app designed for PC then modified for mobile. It's intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a little difficult to interface with our business system.

Some of the layout/hard coding isn't in line with how we typically display our information. If the app allowed for more flexibility on the layout that would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very important to thoroughly map out your complete file structure on the front end. Little anomalies can cause a great deal of headache.

Mobile order taking. Handshake, when fully optimized, will streamline our ordering process in the field.

What Other Sales solution do you use?

Handshake review by User in Financial Services

"Handshake for Recruitment "

What do you like best?

I like to use this software to download resumes because it allows me to search by majors, graduation date. I also it to setup interviews and post jobs for my organization.

This site will show me career fairs at specific schools or all schools that I have access to.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I am able to accomplish everything I need to do on this software. As I become a more seasoned user, I may find room for improvement. But so far I am able to complete all my suggested tasks.

The benefit is that candidates are applying to posted jobs and I can reach out to many candidates on one website.

Handshake review by <span>Jonathan M.</span>
Jonathan M.

"Handshake Review"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a trade show order writing system that's seamless to setup and use, this product delivers. Simple steps to creating a database of products that will download to any iPad or iPhone which provides flexibility. Easy to scan products/UPC's with the camera in your device or you can connect scanners via bluetooth which works really well. Another big bonus is that you do not need internet connectivity to take orders, you can take orders offline and upload them later when you have connectivity. Other systems I have used in the past needed a wifi connection at all times which proved difficult during large shows with dozens of networks nearby. To print order copies you might need to setupa wifi router but it's not required. Handshake gives you the option to e-mail an invoice to your customer which would get sent out when you reconnect to the web.

Customer gets a professional looking receipt with their order which includes images of each product they purchased. Credit card info can be taken and kept secure.

What do you dislike?

Unable to connect on the back end so orders can flow seamlessly into order processing system without manual entry. I believe that this is possible but we did not use enough to warrant the expense of setting up. No back-end management of commissions so independent reps could use instead of Brokerforce or Brandwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great support! Easy to use.

Problem: Manually writing orders at a tradeshow takes a really long time and gives your buyer the impression that you are not an innovative company. Handwritten orders can also be incorrectly transcribed creating more problems later on. Handshake solves these issues with limited setup time required.

Handshake review by User in Financial Services

"Great product for order management"

What do you like best?

The mobile interface is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The customization features could use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the demo first to see if the services make sense for you.

We deal with supply order management, and we spend less time using Handshake than previously.

Handshake review by <span>Marco T.</span>
Marco T.

"Useful order platform"

What do you like best?

The easy interface and the possibility to have the whole inventory in one hand

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, the app is well made

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool to manage the orders and insert them quickly and easily

Faster and easy ordering, no need to check if other departments insert the orders

Learning about Handshake?

* We monitor all Handshake reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.