Hapara for G Suite

Hapara for G Suite provides educators with the tools they need to create deeper, more meaningful digital learning experiences.

Work for Hapara for G Suite?

Learning about Hapara for G Suite?

Hapara for G Suite Reviews

Ask Hapara for G Suite a Question
Showing 10 Hapara for G Suite reviews
Hapara for G Suite review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

Helpful Hapara

What do you like best?

What I like best about this product, is that it allows myself and other teachers to keep tabs on websites that students are visiting, as well as being able to shut down any tabs they may have open that they shouldn't be at any given time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the students can easily disable Hapara on their Chromebooks. This then defeats the purpose that my school uses this program for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Hapara if you are looking for online classroom management. If your students use laptops of any kind, it is a very user friendly program that allows you to keep track of your students activity, and allows you effortlessly to redirect their attentions if needed.

The problems that my self and other teacher colleagues are solving with this program, is the ability to view each students browser, and exactly what they are looking at/working on at any given time. It allows us to close out tabs and keep students on track.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hapara for G Suite
Hapara for G Suite review by <span>Cortnee P.</span>
Cortnee P.

Hapara

What do you like best?

Being able to see what my students are doing at all times and monitoring individual progress.

What do you dislike?

I sont Like that I have to click on the “highlights” button to see their screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful tool that allows you to monitor and individually redirect, help, and assist students with learning. If you have any computer program at your school, I HIGHLY recommend!

We are able to track individual students and ensure that they are on/stay on task at all times. I️t helps with student safety and has been a transparent process for us to measure student growth.

What G Suite Academic solution do you use?

Hapara for G Suite review by <span>Jason M.</span>
Jason M.

Excellent add on to the G Suite

What do you like best?

Easy management, deployment and end user experience.

What do you dislike?

I feel it could use more features and the Workspace component needs updating

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use G Suite, then Hapara is a great add-on for a reasonable price. It offers a lot more flexibility than the standard Google Features and once Workspaces gets better, then it will be an all in one solution for G Suite use in schools.

Teacher interaction with students using G Suite. Ease of document sharing and management of Google Drives for both students and teachers.

Hapara for G Suite review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

Useful - But not life changing

What do you like best?

I liked the idea of Hapara more than the actual reality. We were provided Hapara for about a year for classroom use, and being able to see students and group them in classes was helpful. There are definitely some good features in here that could be further developed.

What do you dislike?

I did not love the interface of Hapara or the teacher dashboard in particular. While using functions to control student browsing or monitor or attempt to lock screens, many times students seemed to evade the software by switching browsers or clicking out. Other times it was like students didn't receive messages or commands at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before deciding on Hapara, try out a trial run. I discontinued use about a year ago, but there were some promising features in development. I definitely recommend tutorials and taking the time to ask questions about user implementation and trouble shooting before purchasing. We have since gone another route and use a new software with a similar purpose.

If working correctly, Hapara is useful for digital monitoring, but it requires some individual study in order to fully implement it.

Hapara for G Suite review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

Great tool for teachers!

What do you like best?

I loved being able to be aware of what my students were doing on their Chromebooks as we worked in self paced learning units. I could use my laptop to know what screens they were on and had open to be able to keep them on task. It also allowed me to be able to take screen shots of what they were doing if they were off task.

What do you dislike?

There were many times that there was a large lag time with the information I was seeing and what the kids were doing. That caused some issues with lost screens as the kids were working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish I would have been given more training on how to use all of the features Hapara has. We were using it in combination with Canvas LMS.

I was able to use it to keep my students on task and focused on the work at hand. They knew I could see what they were doing and this helped prevent problems.

Hapara for G Suite review by <span>Kenny A.</span>
Kenny A.

Worked the moment it was activated and installed

What do you like best?

From the moment I installed this software on the clients chromebooks for their students, it worked flawlessly. The ability to monitor the students the moment it was turned on and pushed to the chromebooks was perfect. You are able to control what windows are up on the client laptops, monitor, screenshot, disable and more. You can deploy projects, pages, search results and more. The customer service of Hapara is great as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike other than the interface can be a little confusing at times. Going in and setting up classrooms and then managing users and teachers can be a tad clunky but simply requires a little bit of a learning curve. The documentation on how to do this wasn't straight forward at first either but eventually it appears they amended them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to stay close in contact with the management and support staff. If you have ANY questions, do not hesitate to ask. They are super easy to work with.

This software was used at a troubled kids school and the ability to keep the students on task were exactly what we were looking for. Monitoring and steering the kids in the right direction is exactly what we needed with this software. The benefits that we did not realize was that it improved productivity for the students because they were aware that they now were being monitored.

Learning about Hapara for G Suite?

* We monitor all Hapara for G Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.