Harvest

Harvest lets you and your staff track time and send invoices from one integrated application. Get set up in just a few minutes and instantly start tracking time and invoicing your clients.

Work for Harvest?

Learning about Harvest?

Harvest Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 275 Harvest reviews
Harvest review by <span>Jordi T.</span>
Jordi T.

"A great time tracker"

What do you like best?

Desktop, mobile and web integration is fantastic. My preference became the desktop toolbar - extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, this was the first tracker I used and it seemed to have all the elements needed to successfully track all your time with many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time tracking is not something people like to do. It is an activity that seems to make people feel like they are getting micromanaged but Harvest surprisingly made me feel otherwise. It's ease of use and the time it takes so log and track your time is something that literally takes 1 second - and then it automatically organizes it into your accounts back end for reporting. Definitely would recommend this product if your company is in the market for a good, all around, customizable and simple time tracker with all the features you could ask for.

We were solving our problem of how many specific hours were being allocated to which client based on certain parameters and departments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Harvest
Harvest review by <span>PJ M.</span>
PJ M.

"Simple and Great"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and understand. I like the idea of a play button instead of more traditional stopwatch-esque iconography. The app is well designed. And I absolutely love how simple it is. We always get quick and courteous support from harvest when we have any issues.

I absolutely love the reminders and how you can stop/start a timer from anywhere. I'm constantly creating a timer and leaving it on all night. The app on my phone reminds me when it's gone too long and I can fix it from my phone even if I stared it from my computer.

Not much else to say. It does what I need it to and does it well!

What do you dislike?

It has one or two bugs in the Mac app that are kind of annoying. When it starts up, it immediately opens the pop-up window and won't go away for at least a minute, but that might be my machine more than the app.

I don't like how it takes over some keyboard shortcuts without asking. I use 2 of them frequently in other apps, but I ended up activating a Harvest command instead of action in the app I was using, which interrupted my workflow. It's easy to turn off, but they should prompt the user about this especially since the are hidden in the preferences menu.

I wish one could decide whether the timer displays in decimals or in minutes, or at least have a quick way to view the decimal time in minutes (maybe like hovering over the timecode in the mac menu bar?). I prefer the decimal display most of the time, but there are times where I need the know the minutes and have to do the ratio, which is kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out!

Timekeeping for multiple projects (and types of projects) amongst multiple clients in various US states.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Harvest review by <span>Samantha S.</span>
Samantha S.

"Great Invoicing and Timekeeping System "

What do you like best?

Harvey allows Macleod & Co. to easily create professional invoices that we can quickly sent off to our clients. It gives us the freedom to create our invoices from our categorized projects or by a free form invoice. The reports for the team are very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

In my past experience, Quickbooks Online and Harvest have not always communicated the best. Ultimately, I ended up removing the Harvest and Quickbooks Online component to prevent issues happening in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like an easy to use time keeping and invoicing system I would recommend moving forward with Harvest.

With Harvest, we are able to simplify our Invoicing system. I am able to easily see if there are invoices that have not yet been paid, or those that are about to be due. I can save PDFs and send out the invoices straight from Harvest. I also have the option to allow the clients to pay with a card through Paypal on Harvest.

Harvest review by <span>Jenny C.</span>
Jenny C.

"My alltime favorite SaaS tool"

What do you like best?

Harvest is everything its marketed as for time-tracking, project tracking, and Invoicing, ... and way more.

TimeTracking: My least favorite task in the world has been transformed by their easy clean interface that runs on all devices. I can start timer on my desktop, walk away, get in the car, and pick up the time on my phone. The timer registers time to Client & Project, with notes that can appear (or be edited) in your invoice. (Oh and you can track project expenses & Mileage too, with images of receipts).

Invoicing: at the end of your billing period, at click of a button you can pull all the time and expenses for a client and as many of their projects as you want billed together. You can invoice a total, or with detailed line items. The invoice editor is really clean, items can be added, removed, edited re-ordered with ease.

When you send the invoice, you can pick which of the clients' people get the email, and they get a customizable summary email with a PDF attachment, and you can include A PAYMENT LINK! for webpay. Invoices bill time at a task rate or a project rate, which you set up when you set up a client project.

Clients and Projects: list the people and projects for each client. Free version allows limited projects, so for 1st few months I bundled some projects under a client called "Misc" which worked fine. (but Harvest was so useful I soon moved to paid).

Projects are my favorite feature. Each project can have tasks with a budget of time or money (all tasks with same value, or set different costs on different tasks). As time is tracked on the timer, the time used/remaining shows graphically per task and for the whole project. This has been INVALUABLE in presenting project status to clients, as well as having instant visual on which tasks are over/under budget - so potential project over-runs can be spotted in real-time without use of spreadsheets, downloads, caluclator... and adjustments made before the project goes over budget. I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!

Estimates: Estimates are easy to put together. I include my ToS in the notes at the bottom. The can be line items (like the invoice) or a single line summary. When you send an estimate THE CLIENT CAN ACCEPT/DECLINE with a button on the estimate. So I treat that as a signature of accepting estimate and ToS.

I also use Harvest to do all my ScheduleC business expense tracking. I have my business as a Client, with a project for each year eg: "Taxes 2016". I enter all my all my ScheduleC tax deductible expenses/mileage under that project, and add receipts as photos or PDFs. At tax time, I just run a report of project expenses and for mileage, and Voila, Schedule C done and documented!

On projects involving another consultant, I pay to add a user and have them track their time in Harvest too, so their hours are included in my project analysis and billing, with not data entry on my part.

AND I use Harvest to track all my volunteer hours, mileage and reimbursable expenses... and any other nonbillable projects that need tracking.

What do you dislike?

At present Invoicing and estimates are not available on the phone app, but that's not much of a limitation. Time & Expenses are, and that's mainly what I need on the go.

You can't save favorite time/billing reports, but reports are SO simple to run this has not been an issue for me.

That's the only mild negative I can think of

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely best of breed for tracking clients & projects; costs, time, budget to actuals. For doing Estimates, getting online payment, sending clients scheduled Payment reminders... alround fantastic.

Managing my consulting business, time, projects, estimates, expenses, mileage & billing... and tax expense tracking.

Harvest review by <span>Natalie F.</span>
Natalie F.

"Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

I like how you can integrate harvest into other programs (like Basecamp & Google Chrome for example) so you can easily click the stopwatch and log what you're working on in real time. I also think it's great that we're able to pull reports by project and by which team worked on the project. This helps us a lot because then we can see if we're spreading ourselves too thin, spending too much time on one client, or not enough time on another. If we didn't have this feature, it would be really easy to undermanage or overmanage our clients. We're also a very fair company, so Harvest allows us to make sure everyone is getting the same amount of attention.

What do you dislike?

I don't care much for the reporting. I don't think it is as advanced as it could be. It would be nice if there was a way we can see if we've gotten more efficient at a certain task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Log as accurately as you can. You will appreciate it later.

As a business we're able to see how much time as a whole company we spend on one client. We can then see if this client is worth our time in terms of how much money we're making and how many hours / week we're spending. We're now able to answer whether or not this client is profitable or if they are just time consuming.

Harvest review by <span>Kendall K.</span>
Kendall K.

"Delighted with the product and the support!"

What do you like best?

The ease with which we can complete and send estimates, the speed of sending invoices once estimates are approved and managing time for all our projects is absolutely first rate!

What do you dislike?

If I had a wish list. I wish I could have a regular invoice converted into a retainer invoice. We sometimes get these two confused. I would also like to be able to turn an accepted estimate into a project, just like being able to convert an estimate into an invoice. One final item. I would love it if the mobile app contained all the standard features for a project manager or salesperson: the ability for the mobile app to create an estimate and the ability to create/manage projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started with one user...it's free! Try your first estimate, pretend it is accepted, create an invoice, then create a project, track time, close project, boom! So easy to set up and use.

Estimate creation; invoicing & collections; project and time management.

Learning about Harvest?

* We monitor all Harvest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.