Harvest

Harvest lets you and your staff track time and send invoices from one integrated application. Get set up in just a few minutes and instantly start tracking time and invoicing your clients.

Work for Harvest?

Learning about Harvest?

Harvest Reviews

Showing 290 Harvest reviews
Harvest review by Francisco L.
Francisco L.

"Harvest is a good application to control project times"

What do you like best?

Harvest is a good application to control the times of the project, it is an easy, simple and very complete application.

I love it because it is quite complete you can see everything you need about project times, send invoices of those times to the client, where those who have worked have been employees.

What do you dislike?

Harvest has few things that I do not like, it may be that the least I like is that sometimes you have to add project times but either you do not have it assigned or it is not registered and it is a bit of a fuss then return to the days add or change it

Because you could put another one and in that other add as your project and that the administrator validates it or assigns the corresponding project

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect to have a control of the time that workers spend

We use it to record our time in the office to which we dedicate

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Harvest
Harvest review by Jordi T.
Jordi T.

"A great time tracker"

What do you like best?

Desktop, mobile and web integration is fantastic. My preference became the desktop toolbar - extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, this was the first tracker I used and it seemed to have all the elements needed to successfully track all your time with many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time tracking is not something people like to do. It is an activity that seems to make people feel like they are getting micromanaged but Harvest surprisingly made me feel otherwise. It's ease of use and the time it takes so log and track your time is something that literally takes 1 second - and then it automatically organizes it into your accounts back end for reporting. Definitely would recommend this product if your company is in the market for a good, all around, customizable and simple time tracker with all the features you could ask for.

We were solving our problem of how many specific hours were being allocated to which client based on certain parameters and departments.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Harvest review by PJ M.
PJ M.

"Simple and Great"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and understand. I like the idea of a play button instead of more traditional stopwatch-esque iconography. The app is well designed. And I absolutely love how simple it is. We always get quick and courteous support from harvest when we have any issues.

I absolutely love the reminders and how you can stop/start a timer from anywhere. I'm constantly creating a timer and leaving it on all night. The app on my phone reminds me when it's gone too long and I can fix it from my phone even if I stared it from my computer.

Not much else to say. It does what I need it to and does it well!

What do you dislike?

It has one or two bugs in the Mac app that are kind of annoying. When it starts up, it immediately opens the pop-up window and won't go away for at least a minute, but that might be my machine more than the app.

I don't like how it takes over some keyboard shortcuts without asking. I use 2 of them frequently in other apps, but I ended up activating a Harvest command instead of action in the app I was using, which interrupted my workflow. It's easy to turn off, but they should prompt the user about this especially since the are hidden in the preferences menu.

I wish one could decide whether the timer displays in decimals or in minutes, or at least have a quick way to view the decimal time in minutes (maybe like hovering over the timecode in the mac menu bar?). I prefer the decimal display most of the time, but there are times where I need the know the minutes and have to do the ratio, which is kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out!

Timekeeping for multiple projects (and types of projects) amongst multiple clients in various US states.

Harvest review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Great Invoicing and Timekeeping System "

What do you like best?

Harvey allows Macleod & Co. to easily create professional invoices that we can quickly sent off to our clients. It gives us the freedom to create our invoices from our categorized projects or by a free form invoice. The reports for the team are very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

In my past experience, Quickbooks Online and Harvest have not always communicated the best. Ultimately, I ended up removing the Harvest and Quickbooks Online component to prevent issues happening in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like an easy to use time keeping and invoicing system I would recommend moving forward with Harvest.

With Harvest, we are able to simplify our Invoicing system. I am able to easily see if there are invoices that have not yet been paid, or those that are about to be due. I can save PDFs and send out the invoices straight from Harvest. I also have the option to allow the clients to pay with a card through Paypal on Harvest.

Harvest review by Jenny C.
Jenny C.

"My alltime favorite SaaS tool"

What do you like best?

Harvest is everything its marketed as for time-tracking, project tracking, and Invoicing, ... and way more.

TimeTracking: My least favorite task in the world has been transformed by their easy clean interface that runs on all devices. I can start timer on my desktop, walk away, get in the car, and pick up the time on my phone. The timer registers time to Client & Project, with notes that can appear (or be edited) in your invoice. (Oh and you can track project expenses & Mileage too, with images of receipts).

Invoicing: at the end of your billing period, at click of a button you can pull all the time and expenses for a client and as many of their projects as you want billed together. You can invoice a total, or with detailed line items. The invoice editor is really clean, items can be added, removed, edited re-ordered with ease.

When you send the invoice, you can pick which of the clients' people get the email, and they get a customizable summary email with a PDF attachment, and you can include A PAYMENT LINK! for webpay. Invoices bill time at a task rate or a project rate, which you set up when you set up a client project.

Clients and Projects: list the people and projects for each client. Free version allows limited projects, so for 1st few months I bundled some projects under a client called "Misc" which worked fine. (but Harvest was so useful I soon moved to paid).

Projects are my favorite feature. Each project can have tasks with a budget of time or money (all tasks with same value, or set different costs on different tasks). As time is tracked on the timer, the time used/remaining shows graphically per task and for the whole project. This has been INVALUABLE in presenting project status to clients, as well as having instant visual on which tasks are over/under budget - so potential project over-runs can be spotted in real-time without use of spreadsheets, downloads, caluclator... and adjustments made before the project goes over budget. I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!

Estimates: Estimates are easy to put together. I include my ToS in the notes at the bottom. The can be line items (like the invoice) or a single line summary. When you send an estimate THE CLIENT CAN ACCEPT/DECLINE with a button on the estimate. So I treat that as a signature of accepting estimate and ToS.

I also use Harvest to do all my ScheduleC business expense tracking. I have my business as a Client, with a project for each year eg: "Taxes 2016". I enter all my all my ScheduleC tax deductible expenses/mileage under that project, and add receipts as photos or PDFs. At tax time, I just run a report of project expenses and for mileage, and Voila, Schedule C done and documented!

On projects involving another consultant, I pay to add a user and have them track their time in Harvest too, so their hours are included in my project analysis and billing, with not data entry on my part.

AND I use Harvest to track all my volunteer hours, mileage and reimbursable expenses... and any other nonbillable projects that need tracking.

What do you dislike?

At present Invoicing and estimates are not available on the phone app, but that's not much of a limitation. Time & Expenses are, and that's mainly what I need on the go.

You can't save favorite time/billing reports, but reports are SO simple to run this has not been an issue for me.

That's the only mild negative I can think of

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely best of breed for tracking clients & projects; costs, time, budget to actuals. For doing Estimates, getting online payment, sending clients scheduled Payment reminders... alround fantastic.

Managing my consulting business, time, projects, estimates, expenses, mileage & billing... and tax expense tracking.

Harvest review by Natalie F.
Natalie F.

"Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

I like how you can integrate harvest into other programs (like Basecamp & Google Chrome for example) so you can easily click the stopwatch and log what you're working on in real time. I also think it's great that we're able to pull reports by project and by which team worked on the project. This helps us a lot because then we can see if we're spreading ourselves too thin, spending too much time on one client, or not enough time on another. If we didn't have this feature, it would be really easy to undermanage or overmanage our clients. We're also a very fair company, so Harvest allows us to make sure everyone is getting the same amount of attention.

What do you dislike?

I don't care much for the reporting. I don't think it is as advanced as it could be. It would be nice if there was a way we can see if we've gotten more efficient at a certain task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Log as accurately as you can. You will appreciate it later.

As a business we're able to see how much time as a whole company we spend on one client. We can then see if this client is worth our time in terms of how much money we're making and how many hours / week we're spending. We're now able to answer whether or not this client is profitable or if they are just time consuming.

Harvest review by Kendall K.
Kendall K.

"Delighted with the product and the support!"

What do you like best?

The ease with which we can complete and send estimates, the speed of sending invoices once estimates are approved and managing time for all our projects is absolutely first rate!

What do you dislike?

If I had a wish list. I wish I could have a regular invoice converted into a retainer invoice. We sometimes get these two confused. I would also like to be able to turn an accepted estimate into a project, just like being able to convert an estimate into an invoice. One final item. I would love it if the mobile app contained all the standard features for a project manager or salesperson: the ability for the mobile app to create an estimate and the ability to create/manage projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started with one user...it's free! Try your first estimate, pretend it is accepted, create an invoice, then create a project, track time, close project, boom! So easy to set up and use.

Estimate creation; invoicing & collections; project and time management.

Harvest review by Lisa P.
Lisa P.

"Excellent at keeping time!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I have an app on my phone that can keep the same timer running as my desktop so that I can easily track time that is away from my computer as well!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I can't create new time entries for previous days without having to go to the harvest website. I wish we could this from the program itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this program is excellent for timekeeping. As a creative I do have to rely on someone from account service to add me to projects so that I can track my time, but this is rarely an issue. I love that there is an app so I can track time from my phone. Also I am not responsible for client invoicing, but I hear that Harvest does make that a lot easier!

Keeping timesheets for projects is a lot easier with an easily accessible timing app like Harvest.

Harvest review by Keia H.
Keia H.

"Harvest is thorough and useful"

What do you like best?

Although I don't know much about time tracking software, Harvest seems to be the best one available. It pretty much gives you the ability two describe in great detail and in great specifics the kind of project that you are doing and the work you're doing on each project. I also very much enjoy the fact that there is a very easy to use mobile app for Harvest, because it allows me to track my time even when the Internet isn't working, and I can also voice dictate my tasks a lot quicker than typing on the desktop.

What do you dislike?

It has a day View and a week view, but I'd honestly like to see a month view. It would make jumping back in time to see what I did on each project a little bit quicker. I really hate, on the mobile app, that I do not have access to the full keyboard when entering in a Time. I often have to start the timer, let it run for about a minute, stop the timer, and then manually enter the time I spent on a thing, carefully avoiding backspacing the colon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in the habit of describing in great detail what you're doing for each project immediately after completing that task. I have, as an employee, falling into the very bad habit of waiting a full two weeks before going back and filling in the details for each task, which takes me about 30 to 45 minutes.

Our team uses Harvest to track all of the time spent on every project in a broad sense. We separate each task and each project because we also use Harvest to send invoices to a clients so that they can see what exactly went into all the time spent on their projects. Harvest has also helped me a lot to more accurately gauge how long the task will take me before I do it.

Harvest review by Bethany S.
Bethany S.

"Easy to use, for small biz"

What do you like best?

I work for a small agency, and Harvest is great for having an easy and simple way of tracking time within projects. They're aren't a bunch of unnecessary tools and widgets and the UI design is very pleasing. Plus you can click into projects and see hours and budgets at a high scale, depending on your user permissions. It also remembers what projects and activities you've used in the past, so you don't have to insert the same information over and over again.

What do you dislike?

For my team, we've come to find that digging really deep into a project or building out robust timelines, gantt charts, and project plans isn't a capability in Harvest. While we love using it, it may not be able to scale with our growing team. This tool is definitely best for companies with I'd say less than 10 people or non-complex, long-term projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you're a small team and don't expect Harvest to solve all of your problems. Great for small, growing teams who need to get organized.

Basic and simple time management and budget tracking. It's helped us keep a simple and clear view of what's going on, but it's not the most robust tool. It's easy for any of us to learn and all levels of the org. to see how their hours are affecting the project as a whole.

Harvest review by Yohan A.
Yohan A.

"Sencilla y extremadamente util"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta sencilla, se pueden aprender todas sus funciones de forma rápida. Aunque no todo el mundo pueda darle la importancia que merece esta herramienta para registrar nuestros tiempo de actividad es sumamente poderosa y útil.

What do you dislike?

En ocasiones nos olvidamos que tenemos el tiempo corriendo, incluir la posibilidad de tener recordatorios en ventanas emergentes dentro del navegador cada cierto tiempo seria un plus bastante interesante o la funciĂłn de programar cuanto tiempo deseo destinar a cada actividad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La rutina es lo mas importante para sacar provecho a esta herramienta, ya que de nada servirá si no se reporta tiempo en ella o los reportes son inexactos, así que crear una buena costumbre de reportes y que estos sean lo mas específicos posible es la clave para sacar el máximo provecho.

Monitoreamos el tiempo que se invierte en cada labor de soporte por cada cliente de esta forma se puede ver en que áreas o a que clientes en particular se les dedica mas o menos tiempo del necesario dando la posibilidad de realizar un calculo de los recursos destinados a cada área.

Harvest review by Eileen Moran C.
Eileen Moran C.

"Easy to use and many functions"

What do you like best?

It's reasonably-priced and very easy to use. We have lots of contractors and they use our account as well as our employees.

What do you dislike?

We have one small company that has no employees and I have to keep paying for the account even when we don't currently have any subcontractors using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We rarely have any issues with Harvest, and when the website does have a rare problem, they notify me and let me know what's going on and then when it is back up again. It's extremely easy for everyone to use and flexible that you can add/remove users at any time so you are not paying for people who aren't currently working (like contractors or people who work only during the summer). We love it!

We used to use Google Sheets for time tracking, and this is much easier and more functional. I can get reports by jobs, people, and/or tasks so that we can bill clients easily. No more issues with disputes about time and I can see everyone's time right away. Rates can be added as well as project managers.

Harvest review by Krista W.
Krista W.

"Best Time Tracker/Invoice Creation Combo"

What do you like best?

Lots of apps track time, and lots of apps generate invoices. Few can do both easily, and also integrate seamlessly with your project management software. It even has an iOS app for tracking on the go. Harvest is the perfect solution for my agency.

What do you dislike?

It's a little expensive, and sometimes my employees accidentally overlook using the Harvest button within Asana to track tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I usually hate to pay for a service I can get for free somewhere else, but Harvest has been worth every penny. Main recommendation: get the Chrome Extension and the phone app, and integrate it with whatever project management software you use. Info syncs seamlessly between all three applications.

I have my employees track their time with Havest while they are working on client projects I have set up in Asana. It makes it really easy to take those tracked hours and generate monthly invoices for each client.

Harvest review by Katherine B.
Katherine B.

"Simple timekeeping"

What do you like best?

This is good for tracking time for multiple clients and multiple projects. It's easy to use, auto saves, and makes it easy to search by project, client, or date.

What do you dislike?

It can get a little unwieldy to enter time as projects grow. It would be nice to have a way to cluster projects under a client, or otherwise bucket projects on the main entry screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple and easy to use. Would recommend for simple timekeeping needs.

We used to use spreadsheets to track time, which was time consuming and clunky. I advocated switching to an online tool so we could make submitting our timesheets easier and faster. We looked at a few different services, and decided that Harvest was best suited to our needs. Our HR director loves it because it means less work for her to piece together information from spreadsheets, and the rest of us like being able to enter time online and not have to save and send timesheets as attachments. It all works seamlessly.

Harvest review by Lucas M.
Lucas M.

"best time tracker"

What do you like best?

Harvest is an easy to use, beautifully designed software.It is well-organized so anyone can learn and use Harvest in a very little amount of time. Team management and scheduling. Excellent integration options.

What do you dislike?

The invoicing and expensing is not good enough when you are a company with more than 5 employees. On the other hand the reports per member of the team could have better filters.

In easytech we provide development service and basically invoice the hours we execute each client. With harvest we not only achieve that the developers do not see the time tracking complicated but the reports that we generate are simple and clear so that our clients can review what the tasks were.

Harvest review by Ethan S.
Ethan S.

"A scalable time tracking solution that makes it easy for all teams to keep track of hours"

What do you like best?

Hows simple it is for everyone to track time. The ability to categorize your involvement and break down time even further into specific tasks or types or work.

What do you dislike?

The search function can have some quirks to it and doesn't always show the result you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial, break down projects into sub tasks and add in types of actions - you'll see very quickly how useful harvest is.

Keeping track of employee hours across complex projects with limitations and restrictions. This tool has allowed me to quickly get up to speed on a project and easily organize it based on my contributions to the projects.

Harvest review by Ashley E.
Ashley E.

"Intuitive Timetracker"

What do you like best?

Harvest has this clean and sleek look to it, that really helps you quickly see what projects you're on and the time you've spent + time left to work on it. The nav bar also allows you to quickly toggle between projects, timesheets, teams, etc. Also, the handy feature of the time clock being a Chrome plugin makes the billable hour very accurate, since I can quickly start/stop the timeclock for each project.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome plugin is a little wacky sometimes. I wish you could switch between projects quickly through that. It's easy when you're working on a single project at one time, but once you get multiple going, it is just messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest also has a Forecast plug-in, which have been a very positive change. This allows projects to be forecasted and arranged. I believe it pertains more to PMs who are trying to build a team for client projects, however it's great for me to see who is available for smaller tasks as well.

We used to have issues with working more hours than allotted for clients, or I would get internal requests from coworkers and it's now easier for them to login and see where I am with a project, rather than hounding me until it's done. It also helps me for managing my time and projects, since I don't have a PM or manager on-location.

Harvest review by User

"Harvest is a very positive experience in the work place."

What do you like best?

I enjoy how you can log your hours but also keep track of what you are doing. Its a good way to realize how much time and effort you are putting into certain tasks and projects. This eventually could determine if the time put into each is worth it, or if it should be spent on other items.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike about Harvest. All of my experiences have been positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely start to use it at your job if tracking your hours and progress is something you are wishing to achieve.

Our team as a whole is interested in seeing where our time is spent. At the end of a month or a year our director can assess and see what we are putting our time into. This can then be compared to the results or outcomes of each project. If a project is having a lot of time spent on it, but not a positive outcome, perhaps we can focus on other things.

Harvest review by David W.
David W.

"An Easy Way to Timetrack for A Fast-Paced Job"

What do you like best?

Harvest embeds with Asana and on my desktop so I can timetrack specific tasks and start and stop easily.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting tab would use line graphs to show time tracking over time instead of horizontal bar graphs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is worth the investment because it has allowed our firm to more accurately show profitability of our retainer clients. I've been using Harvest for over 2 years, and using it becomes second nature. I have been committed to accurately reflecting the hours (and minutes) of work that I spend on clients because it's very easy to do so. I'm happy to help our firm be successful!

We have been able to identify which clients are biggest time suck. We found out which ones went beyond their retainer hours. It also helped me understand how much time I was spending in photoshop vs our email marketing system vs project management

Harvest review by Derik P.
Derik P.

"Great tool for time tracking. "

What do you like best?

It's an easy tool to have employees use. It's just customizable enough to allow necessary tweaks to time segments without being too customizable to cause problems inside a company. It's a clean website with accurate reporting and management tools. It also links well with Asana for task management.

What do you dislike?

The reporting section is accurate but can be a little messy as well. Setting up templates and adding new services to clients gets a little complex at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is a great tool to avoid losing money on projects. I would strongly consider using Asana as well for task management.

We manage around 100 clients between 40 employees. Harvest allows us to keep track of our billable hours for clients to make sure we're fulfilling without consistently going over budget on time. It helps us track non-billable time spent on meetings and training to ensure we're in the right area. It also helps us get better estimates of how much time specific tasks take across all clients.

Harvest review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.

"Excellent time-tracking client"

What do you like best?

Harvest pretty much does exactly what it says it will do, and does it very well and clearly. You can track your own time and your employees' capacity, view how much time is dedicated to certain projects, and view weekly and monthly reports.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about harvest, as I previously mentioned, it does pretty much exactly what it says it will do and it's very easy to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Both my current and previous employers have used harvest for time tracking, and I think it is a no-brainer. It's a simple interface, has a good mobile app for logging your hours on the go, has an easy expense-submission process, and is so easy to use. I would recommend Harvest to any business that is looking for an easy and great solution for time-tracking.

Harvest has great time tracking, easy expense submission, capacity planning, simplicity, easy of use, and a solid mobile app. All of these combine for an all around easy and great experience.

"Harvest review "

What do you like best?

I have used several databases to track my work hours. Harvest allows me great flexibility based on the client. For example some projects are hourly and some are Fee-based. I like that it has a function to add PDFs of expenses, too. Very handy.

What do you dislike?

I have very few issues with Harvest. The only one that comes to mind was changing categories for work billing once I was ready to Invoice. As with any software their is some leaning curve. Once you figure out where to change things, I have few issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a method for tracking client work Harvest is a cost effective and flexible platform. Their invoicing is great, too, and allows you to add PDFs of expense receipts.

I need to track multiple projects for the same client and bill them each separately. It is easy with Harvest. They also allow you to have your teams access which is great when you have a project and recruit assistance.

Harvest review by Lark I.
Lark I.

"Great for small service teams!"

What do you like best?

They make invoicing and time tracking so easy. It's easy to forget to start/stop a time so you need as many barriers as possible removed. This is why I really like that they integrate with so many other options. We usually use the chrome extension because we can see the timer is on while we are working but it also integrates with Trello project management and others well. I also invoice clients directly from the program so I don't need to download the pdf and go back to my email. I love the recurring invoice setup so I don't have to remember invoices that are on an odd schedule.

What do you dislike?

It's not a feature flaw of Harvest, but I would prefer if I could just use Harvest for all my needs and not need Quickbooks. Harvest suits my invoicing needs much better which is why I need them. However, I still need Quickbooks because it connects to my bank and credit card accounts which makes expense tracking a breeze. Harvest does let you add expenses but it's expenses per project not your overall business expenses. I know that Harvest syncs its invoices with Quickbooks invoices and this works OK but there can be errors if you need to make changes or undo actions. Plus, as mentioned, I have issues with the Quickbooks end but I need them for now to make my overall profit and expense reports easier.

Invoicing clients and keeping track of recurring autopayments in an easy way. This saves time.

Time tracking with few barriers so no excuse to forget. This keeps our work accurate.

Harvest review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Handy timekeeping software"

What do you like best?

I don't use a computer for work, so it's really handy that the people who do use one can use this software on their desktop, and I was able to download the app and have the same access as everyone else. It's easy to remember to log time spent on different projects when

What do you dislike?

The quotes are not always great. ;-) Just kidding, I like everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you have a large team to manage.

We used to use paper timesheets, but they required a computer to fill out. Each employee had to complete theirs at the end of the day, but there was only one computer to do that on, creating a traffic jam, and it used a lot of paper to print them each week. Plus people would forget how much time they put in on each project during the day. It's made billing much easier, as well as tracking labor costs and employee productivity.

Harvest review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"Time Tracking at it's finest"

What do you like best?

I love Harvest for it's ease of use, intuitive interface, and invoicing.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the invoicing that become frustrating sometimes. Most specifically, there does not seem to be a way to carry over outstanding balances from one invoice to the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest has been an almost perfect solution for my team's time tracking and client invoicing. As a small business owner who works with mid-large sized businesses, I highly recommend this service for ease of use and professionalism.

My entire team uses harvest for time tracking, which allows us to ensure that we're spending the appropriate amount of time on each project and allows me to see that my employees are spending the appropriate amount of time working. We know exactly how much we should be billing out clients, and it's easy to see if we are exceeding the scope of work in time spent.

Harvest also makes invoicing exceptionally easy.

Harvest review by User

"Does what I want! Invoice, tracks time, reporting!"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to track time towards projects and invoice my clients all in one platform. It's easy to use and the interface is extremely simple and not overwhelming. I like that I'm able to create draft invoices on my phone, review them at my own convenience on my and then send it. I also like the invoice graph chart where it lets me know exactly how much I'm making each month. I also like the automatic reminders that sends out to my clients if they've missed a payment

What do you dislike?

I don't like the idea of having to pay PER user, but that's only because I don't like spending money. For what I pay as an individual user, it's totally worth it. But starting off as freelancer and I'd like my designer who I rarely use, I'd like him to track time as well, and I go back and forth on if it's worth it to get him an account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel it's the best way to keep track of invoices, expenses, & time.

Invoicing clients, automatic reminders to clients who haven't paid their invoice, tracking time, seeing how much I'm making each month. When I was using this as a team at another company, it was amazing to see how how much time my co-workers spent on certain projects. Knowing how much time is being spent on a project helps me better determine how I should adjust my fees in the future. I like that I can upload receipts for my expenses straight from my phone.

Harvest review by Zack S.
Zack S.

"Harvest Is a Great (and Easy) Tool for Tracking Time and Expenses"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Harvest is how easy the tool makes it to track billable hours and expenses. I have used several other systems in the past, but Harvest is definitely the easiest to learn. The interface is extremely clean.

Additionally, the mobile app has great functionality.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there isn't anything I dislike about Harvest at this point.

We are a small agency working with several clients, and it is important that each employee tracks the time they spend working on client projects. In addition, it streamlines the system for travel expenses. It's not necessarily to constantly be emailing receipts because you simply upload them all to Harvest.

Harvest review by Brandon E.
Brandon E.

"Powerful time tracking without the headaches."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Harvest is it's ease of use and accurate time tracking. Harvest easily allows me to switch between projects throughout my workday and keeps up to the minute records of what I'm working on and how long I've been working on it. It also allows me to quickly return to a project that I was previously working on without the need to fill out a new entry log.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint with Harvest is that it's often hard to find the exact project that I wish to bill my time to. I often have over 50 projects available to me in me which sometimes require me to scroll quite a bit to find the correct project that I'm working on. There is a search feature but I feel as though it takes just as long to search for the project as it does to scroll through the available entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Harvest to others who need to accurately track their time throughout many projects during a normal working day. Harvest makes it easy to accurately log your time so that your clients aren't over and/or undercharged. If you're a software engineer, Harvest also has a fully open API which allows you to hook into many of the other engineering tools that you may use on a daily basis.

The primary business problem that Harvest solves is the need to accurately track my time throughout the day. My clients are billed by the minute so accurate time tracking is a must for honest billing.

Harvest review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Preferred Time Tracking & Invoicing Software"

What do you like best?

It is very quick. Accessing past invoices and starting/stopping times are a breeze. Search functionality within the invoices section is immediate. Makes the software an absolute joy to use!

The mobile app is also nice and quick. Well made and allows for quick timer start/stop functionality.

What do you dislike?

It is missing deep integrations with a few newer help desks on the market like Help Scout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a primarily service-based industry where tracking time and billing by hours is important, Harvest is one of the best standalone time tracking and invoicing tools out there.

Time tracking and invoicing. Figuring out where we are spending our time with internal business processes as well as invoicing our clients hourly as well as managing time allocations for projects. It has allowed us to get a better sense of where we are spending our time, where we should focus more of our time, and where we should focus less of it.

Harvest review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"good user interface, limited and insufficient export functions"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very simple and easy to set up. Project account management is straightforward as is the ability to assign billing rates per person per project.

What do you dislike?

While the online reports are great, summarizing by task, project, or person, the only export options are to export all the data as a data dump by time. Consequently in order to generate the same summary numbers that are easily displayed online, the exported data must be significantly manipulated and this is a considerable waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like summarized reports to be exportable, this software doesn't do it. Hopefully they will respond to this need and add that simple functionality, but for right now I'd try another platform.

On the other hand, this software is very user friendly and easy to set up.

In general I really like the concept and for the most part like this software, however it's limitations may be too significant and I'm thinking of moving to another system.

Harvest review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"The best time tracker and invoicing software"

What do you like best?

What I love about Harvest is that they keep it simple and have amazing support. There's not layers upon layers of task management, its just simple time tracking and invoicing done very, very well. Expense management and invoicing is also very good. The invoicing is pretty flexible in that you can bill hourly, fixed rates, etc. The emails are also easy to customize which is nice. Their support is first class.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to schedule invoices and to be able to bill for expenses more easily on fixed price projects. I've requested both of these features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only need to track time (for internal use or billing) and send invoices that may or may not include expenses, and you don't need anything else, try Harvest.

Harvest allows us to track our profitability and invoice our clients in a simple and intuitive way without bogging us down with too much input.

Harvest review by User

"THIS is what a simple timesheet should be"

What do you like best?

I love that the application works for those who track their time as they work (with the timer), and for those who fill in their week's work last thing on Friday.

What do you dislike?

This *might* just have something to do with our implementation, but I wish that notes were required. My company requires them, and so often I forget and our ops team has to chase me for my notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are naming your projects in a way that allows you to correlate them to your other internal systems -- project management, CRM, etc.

I love being able to track hours as billable vs. non-billable, based on the project or even the project role. The benefit is that as an employee who is compensated for billable work, I can track my billable hours quite handily.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy and intuitive. I use it daily, and it just works the way you need it to. I was required to use it to log my hours at work when I first started my internship, but I looked through everything Harvest has to offer, and began using it in other way. I best like the accessibility and integration of this software. I can access it on my computer, or the mobile app, or just about any device. Integration into other software such as Google Chrome allows you to keep track of what you're working on in real time.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many problems with this software. The only thing I don't like is that there is this one feature I would like to see that hasn't been implemented. That feature is a monthly view *with detail*. There is a monthly view on iOS, however it is only for switching to other dates, as opposed to viewing details of previous days/weeks. Desktop has a similar feature, although it is much less noticeable and doesn't take up the whole screen as the iOS version does. I'd like to be able to view details of projects and time tracking on a monthly basis as oppose to only weekly or daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start out with one user, since it's free. Get a feel for using the product, and you won't regret it!

Harvest makes time tracking easy. When using along with other software, like Basecamp, it no longer takes time to track time. For me, time tracking is usually one of those things that I have to stop, and give thought and time to do. With Harvest it's really easy and takes less time than ever, enabling me to get more out of my work day.

Harvest review by Carla S.
Carla S.

"Great software that focuses on the team!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Harvest at work! It helps you track your time on projects. It helps the company stay organized and stay on track. I would recommend Harvest to any small business. I also like how you can assign projects to users, and you can add notes! This helps everyone be on the same page, and understanding projects.

What do you dislike?

Like with every software, there are a few problems with Harvest. There is no dashboard on Harvest, which means that you cannot see and track what your employees are accomplishing. It would nice to see everyones accomplishments all in one place, instead of digging around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly cannot think about any recommendations for Harvest, seeing as I believe that Harvest is going into the right direction! I love how it can be viewed anywhere, even on your phone. It is ease of access that I love!

Employees are accomplishing tasks and getting things done in a timely manner! It is very easy to use that everyone enjoys using this program! It also allows you to manage time, which is a huge plus in any business! Instead of getting of track, you can get things done.

Harvest review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Harvest helps me harvest"

What do you like best?

Harvest is a great tool for timekeeping. Harvest Reports are great as they let me see my income and time spent on projects. I also enjoy the motivating quotes they use on the timer window. I like how easy it is to choose a project and start a timer. The time summary (circle i) is a nice touch too, just to be able to quickly know how many hours you have worked in a day/week/month. Harvest's desktop app features make it fairly easy to check pretty much all the info you need without having to go to their website. Information is organized and easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you cannot add a new project from the Harvest app. You have to go to the website to do this, then refresh the app for it to show up. I feel it would be so much easier to be able to add a project to the app without having to visit the Harvest site. My other issue is with the time worked hours report. Harvest reports time in decimal format on Reports, and I'd prefer it be shown in HH:MM format for ease of billing/tallying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is an excellent tool for timekeeping/income/business spending. Even the free version offers great options to keep your business reports and your team's work hours organized. Their customer support is great, and if you are looking for an affordable timekeeping/billing/business tool, Harvest is an excellent option. I have many other web/app based time keeping options and Harvest is hands-down the best choice.

Timekeeping/income earned. The realized benefits are knowing my daily/weekly/monthly income and amount of time spent on projects.

Harvest review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Best way to track time for an agency!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Harvest is that it is easy to use. Everything is very simple and the userface is extremely intuitive. Navigating from your timesheet to your company's reports to invoices is easy peasy.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything about Harvest that I necessarily dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool to track your time, this is very easy to use.

As a marketing agency, it is absolutely imperative to track the time we spend on projects. We not only use time tracking as a way to see how long we're spending on individual projects, but more importantly, we use it to evaluate our company's capacity (and availability to take on more projects). We're able to create as many projects as we need, and so we not only have Harvest projects for client projects, but internal ones as well. This is great because we track on how much we're spending on internal initiatives vs. project work -- and it's help us budget our time and figure out when we need to hire more people.

Harvest review by Ovais S.
Ovais S.

"A Good Software for Project Time Keeping/Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Ability to create tasks within project and allocate and record time to the individual activity.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if they have a patch or plugin available to integrate Harvest with your calendar. If there is, it has to be advertised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest will allow you to track and monitor your progress on projects. It also allows you to assign multiple employees to the same project and aggregate the reported hours from all the participants of the projects.

Project Monitoring and Time Keeping. Measuring individual performance, project budgeting, billing hours to clients etc

Harvest review by Bjoern S.
Bjoern S.

"Very user friendly time tracking that you can outgrow quickly"

What do you like best?

Harvest is very user friendly. The interface is nice, the reporting is solid, the apps are great. If you are a small company <10 employees, I would say Harvest is a very good choice. It supports a few more complex features, such as different currencies per client. The expense handling is also solid. In a lot of scenarios you can probably ditch a separate expense management solution like Expensify, if you can live with the smaller feature set.

What do you dislike?

My feeling is you can outgrow Harvest quite quickly. There are a few things that Harvest does really, really badly.

First and most important: It can't properly track projects that are on a fix budget. Sure, you can give it a budget, but the hours will just pile up on top. There's no way that you can set a fixed budget and then invoice for that automatically. Instead, you need to go in and either change the hourly rates, or move tracked time into an unbilled state, until you've hit the budget. That is super annoying. Harvest took a stab at implementing fix cost projects last year, but messed up the project so badly that it corrupted a number of our projects. After asking again and again for the state of development Harvest told us that this feature isn't developed anymore.

Secondly, Harvest doesn't support multiple billing entities. If you work from a more complex organizational structure, then Harvest is not for you. This is probably only a concern for fast growing companies.

Thirdly: Harvest's pricing model doesn't incentivize growth. You are stuck on a flat fee of just under 10 USD/month per employee. Not great, if you work with a larger set of freelancers that only bill very little time. In these scenarios. Just 10 freelaners will cost you a thousand dollars a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to take a close hard look at how likely it is that you will be outgrowing Harvest's feature set quickly

We use Harvest for time tracking and invoice management .

Harvest review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Reap what you sow."

What do you like best?

Ease of use leads the list. Integration with their Forecast product has really helped our studio understand what projects are best for us, easily assign resources and know where our time goes (as a design studio, you'd be surprised how little design hours we spend)

What do you dislike?

I would love it if we didnt need to bounce back in forth form Harvest to Forecast… but thats a very first world problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cant recommend it enough, especially if you integrate Forcast.

Accounting for hours outside of "design". We now show clients how much time we spend outside of the actual design process. It makes billing a very objective process.

Harvest review by Betsy M.
Betsy M.

"Great for tracking time from any device"

What do you like best?

Whether using your browser, installed app or mobile app, Harvest works seamlessly on any device to easily track time. The interface is simple and clean. It does exactly what it needs to do.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is great for tracking time, but there's not much else you can do. I wish you could view weekly and monthly reports as you can through the browser app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Harvest to track your time live instead of going back and entering time. It's so much more efficient and will serve you better in the end.

I've been using Harvest for about a year and it's completely transformed how manage my time. I even use it to track admin tasks. It helps me realize how much time I am spending and, most importantly, my max productivity I can squeeze into one day.

Harvest review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Team Project Tasks Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

Harvest is one of the best solutions for tracking time spent on certain tasks of a project. It makes it easy for employees to record time. harvest has 2 ways of tracking time.

1. You can select a pre-defined task and start the counter while you are working and stop if after finishing, which records that tracked time for the selected task.

2. You can manually enter total time spent on each task for the day.

Harvest can be integrated with a lot of other platforms which makes it easy to in-cooperate it in your business.

What do you dislike?

Harvest can not automatically tell what application an employee has been working on for how long which can help fill the gap of time usage management though it's a big privacy issue.

Central data collection and accurate billing

Harvest review by Wayne S.
Wayne S.

"Very robust Time and Billing application"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for time and billing, connects with Xero seamlessly. The UI is simple enough and the reports are more than adequate.

What do you dislike?

The retainer feature, especially with how it works with Xero needs to be re-thought as it is a) quite confusing and b) not properly sync'd.

The iPhone App is great but it doesn't always sync properly and one needs to be on wifi alot of the time for it to sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time and play with the software. Very easy to use and setup. Took me about 30 minutes. If you are going to use the retainer feature, test it out especially if it is linked to your accounting system.

I bill for my time and needed a new software that linked with Xero, my core accounting system. It has completely solved that business problem and I use it daily.

Harvest review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Really good to track billable hours"

What do you like best?

Really just the pure ability to track your time and bill against it is perfect. You can add multiple tasks to one project and manage what team is spending what amount of time with each task or are. You can also limit the time spent by allocating a limit and /or adding a $ cap.

What do you dislike?

It's really useless unless you really use it properly (if you don't bill time according to it) you can just aimlessly track time without any real consequences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to manage with a small team to break down client work and track billable vs. non billable hours. Make sure you set the expectations with the client based on reports from Harvest so there is no misunderstanding on where the invoices are coming from.

There is also a desktop app that enables you to track time in real time when working on a task.

Set project boundaries so you don't go over limit with hours and cost.

tracking time on project basis and project task, reporting on time spent and managing cost of a project

Harvest review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Great time tracking tool"

What do you like best?

Track tasks by project, responsibility, or tons of custom slices. Integrate with Jira and other external systems, easily generate reports.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if adding notes to a block of time was available from the week overview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They integrate with a resource planning tool, Forecast, that is a great one-two punch for resource planning and time tracking.

Tracking time of individual staff members, and having them report what they have been working on day by day, hour by hour, even down to fractions of an hour.

Harvest review by Josh J.
Josh J.

"Good time tracking & estimates tool"

What do you like best?

The two divisions that I work with use Harvest totally different. The traditional agency uses it exclusively for time tracking and the digital agency uses it exclusively for estimating. I like the estimating tool a little bit more.

What do you dislike?

The search function doesn't always work the way I need it to. It will search client name easier than project name which can be inconvenient. My company is leaving Harvest and I am very neutral about it. I don't hate Harvest, but I definitely am not standing up to stay with them.

Time tracking

Harvest review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"Time and Project Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of tracking so many different projects and activities within those projects. The Chrome extension makes flipping between projects and tracking smaller increments of time so easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

From a user perspective (not managing Harvest as an application), there isn't anything I dislike about my experience with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product does require a significant amount of setup and management, so may work best for companies with a broad range of employees, projects, tasks, or products that need to be tracked.

My company serves hundreds of customers across a variety of departments in our organization. Harvest allows us to more accurately track cumulative work per customer, as well as the different tasks within departments to build and sell our product.

Harvest review by Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.

"Love that is full-function even at free (just limits # users) so you can stay loyal"

What do you like best?

The invoicing is great, flexible and easy

I love that the free version does basically everything, you're just limited in scale, but as you grow, then you can pay (a little like MailChimp and some HubSpot tech - smart plan).

Glad it has an app

Support is ridiculously fast

What do you dislike?

The time tracking is a little clunky but it has improved.

I wish you could batch record payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great free trial, and perhaps you continue it just using one client to get your feet wet, but you can really get a solid taste for it before you buy. Plus, support is awesome when you need help. I don't remember it being QUITE as good when we first started it. Considering making a full migration again.

I use it exclusively for my invoicing. I don't use quickbooks, but it does integrate if you do. I've also recommended it to people who feel like their bosses question what they do all day and need backup, and we use it for operations planning with a client- are the best resources spending their time on the best tasks, or should we split some things up/add headcount?

Harvest review by Jim T.
Jim T.

"Harvest does most of what we need"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create reports and export to Excel. It is easy to add and delete users. It is reliable and never crashes.

What do you dislike?

I can't set up monthly budgets. That would be a helpful feature. It needs a better set of permissions. I can't let people do what I need them to do without letting them see everyone's rates

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product, it doesn't do everything, but they are always improving

We use it to keep time and manage project budgets

Harvest review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Harvest makes keeping time simple"

What do you like best?

I can access Harvest from my phone or my laptop. The app is super simple to use and very user-friendly. I like that it reminds you when you have left a timer running and allows you to either have it remove your idle time, or you can change the entry yourself very easily.

What do you dislike?

I have had a handful of times where the time shown on my page is different than what my supervisor sees when he goes to do payroll. We can easily compare, so it isn't a big deal. Just odd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great when you need to track your time in various locations and/or have multiple people have access to your time records.

I can track my time on the go, from anywhere and my supervisor can access it from anywhere as well. We can both edit, which is also helpful.

Harvest review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"Harvest - Easiest Time Tracker Ever"

What do you like best?

Harvest has a really nice user interface and it is very intuitive to use. I also like the availability of the mobile app. It makes it really easy to use when I'm on the go!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike. Running reports can sometimes be a bit confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your users also download the app.

My company uses Harvest to track project management time vs development time. This helps the organization determine the total time investment for development vs implementation/project management.

Harvest review by Pomy S.
Pomy S.

"Best at what it does"

What do you like best?

Tracks time for projects and pushes the data to Xero

What do you dislike?

Would love a better integration with Salesforce.

Our team tracks time using Harvest. The start, stop feature on the timer is fantastic. You can't underestimate how difficult it is to find a time tracker/project time tracking tool that also syncs with your accounting tool.

One of the best reports allows me to see all of my current projects and the amount money to be invoiced for the month. Good for tracking goals!

Harvest review by Maggie P.
Maggie P.

"Working with Harvest"

What do you like best?

It's simple to track time with Harvest and I also downloaded the Chrome extension which makes it easy to see when the timer is going and what project I am working on. I can mark what project I am working on, who I am working on it with, what kind of work I am doing at the time, etc. I work remotely so Harvest makes it easy to track my own hours.

What do you dislike?

If you look at hours for the whole week it seems to show every project I've ever worked on, not just the projects I tracked for that week. I don't know how to get rid of them. I also have the app on my phone, which makes it easy if I need to submit hours while I'm on the go, but what I don't like about the mobile app is that it just shows me the number of hours I have worked every day without showing me the total for the week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy way for companies to track employee hours. I work remotely so Harvest makes it easy to track what I am working on.

It helps me track my time while working and it's easy to use. I like that it allows me to either track time as I am working or I can edit or submit hours. I can also submit my hours to my team easily.

Harvest review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Best Time Tracker I have used"

What do you like best?

Desktop and mobile integration work without issue. Simple learning curve and its easy to track time using Harvest.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I have yet to find anything to dislike about Harvest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple way for employees to track time without costing them a lot of time use Harvest.

Its easy to track time employees spend on each client which makes billing so much simpler

Harvest review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great way to track time, but has it's quirks"

What do you like best?

Easy system to use for tracking time as a creative employee- put in your project, area of project, and push start. Also has a good way to go back and look at what has been done in the past.

What do you dislike?

Harvest likes to keep timing you long after you thought you've turned it off. I'll get emails after bedtime saying I'm still working and then you have to calculate your real time vs. fake time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for tracking various projects and leaving notes to yourself and others on the harvest system.

I'm just an employee using the software so that the company can see where my hours go. This is great for salary employees because they can see what your real hours are during the workday/weekends/etc.

Harvest review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Harvest Time Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to track employee time logging for billing and for internal budgeting and determining what clients are profitable and which are not and maybe we need to have a conversation with.

What do you dislike?

how difficult it is to make changes to existing projects. You cannot just click back, or it brings you right back into the project details. Each time you have to actually click projects and go through them all again. Very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and teach others to use.

We track client profitability this way to determine what are best and worst clients are. This helps us figure out our overhead costs and if clients are not above that cost, we are able to figure out how to handle them.

Harvest review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"Simple streamlined time-tracking for anyone"

What do you like best?

Harvest is an easy to use, easy to manage time tracking tool that does just that. With so many tools that try to take on so many different features and functionality, Harvest knows what it's good at and does it well. It is easy to set up job and tie them to your job codes (if needed) for fluid reporting. From an end user perspective, the app is great to toggle between projects and tasks throughout the day so you don't have to write time down separately and add it in ad the end of the week or period. The reporting features are exactly what we need to measure against budgeted hours and costs of labor.

What do you dislike?

When using the app, I wish there was a way to carry over jobs from the previous day, like you can in the .com version. It isn't really much trouble to add a new job within the app, so it starts tracking my time, but for even simpler usability, I would like that added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The perfect time tracking tool for small businesses. It's easy to implement, easy to use and offers an intuitive process to create jobs, tasks and reports that will make sure you are not under or over-charging for projects and most importantly, that you can plan appropriately for staffing needs.

We use the Harvest tool for time tracking across all team members and all projects, budgeting for projects, reporting on hours, resource planning.

Harvest review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Simple system with limited flexibility/reporting"

What do you like best?

Harvest is simple for users to enter time.

What do you dislike?

1) Harvest lacks detailed reporting. Basic reports I would expect in a timekeeping system such as reports on utilization or un-submitted timesheets are not available. 2) There also is not a lot of flexibility in terms of administrative options in Harvest. For instance, we want to be able to assign certain departments or user groups to projects instead of of specific individuals, but this option isn't available in Harvest. 3) There is a lack of auditable detail in Harvest. There are no timestamps to see when timesheets are submitted or approved, nor are there audit trails to see who changed what on timesheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is probably best suited for small business with a low quantity of non-complex projects. If your business has high volume or complex projects, look elsewhere. We have since found cheaper solutions that offer more flexibility.

We use Harvest to gather timesheet data for our professional services projects. It serves it's purpose in a very basic form, but we will likely be looking for a better solution soon.

Harvest review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Efficient Time Tracking and Easy UX"

What do you like best?

I love using the timer function and the app. The timer allows to me start and stop time as quickly as I switch tasks and the app makes it easier to keep my desktop/workspace clean. If I ever feel overwhelmed, I'll close tabs in my browser, so Harvest is always open and available to track my time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to add/find project names and subjects and it could consolidate the project names in the weekly view. This could partially be my company's flaw, but it is very easy to get overwhelmed trying to find the right subject.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up the project names and types in a clean and organized way - start small and simple and add from there.

Tracking my time to report to accounting. Seeing the amount of time I'm spending on any given project or customer has made me m much more aware of my work and helped me find ways to improve efficiency and time management.

Harvest review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Harvest Review"

What do you like best?

I like how you can use previous week’s logs to either copy or go off of. I also enjoy the mobile app. I am able to log my hours outside of work whenever I get a chance, since I can easily open my phone and use the app.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about Harvest. We have recently started using it within the last few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to track and manage the time going into various projects.

Tracking time and seeing if the appropriate amount of time is spent on each project. We submit our hours weekly so managers can review and know what time is being spent where.

Harvest review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Great experience, use for tracking freelance hours per project."

What do you like best?

The user interface, it is easy to you, clear clean design that is user friendly. Interactivity of dropdown menus and searchable fields make it quick to find related projects. I enjoy the capability of separate categories to track conceptualizing, developing and executing the design process and analytics to see how many hours are spent in each area.

What do you dislike?

No current dislikes, completely satisfied with product both in my freelance business and company accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is a great app for both company time tracking as well as personal freelance project time tracking! It helps to show how much time is spent per project and specific areas of the project in order to assist in estimate and quoting for the future.

I am tracking the amount of time I spend per project and different areas of the project. The company tracks the project in its entirety with each stage of the design process which assists in estimating project timelines and cost for future clients. It does help make me more aware of the time I spend and helps me to work more efficiently and cut time.

Harvest review by User in Computer Software

"Harvest is the best time tracking software I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I recently took a new role in my company, part of which was to go through a huge backlog of uninvoiced developer hours. Harvest made this extremely easy, mostly based on its intuitive and very customizable search features. The various way I am able to generate reports makes it extremely easy to keep track of how my globally-distributed team is spending its time and ping them if they are forgetting to track hours.

What do you dislike?

A small detail, but I would like to be able to Invoice/Uninvoice individual timeslips. This seems like an odd feature not to have built-in already, and occasionally having to delete and redo invoices can be a bit of a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is the best time-tracking software I've used to date - it minimizes inefficiencies and the need to use multiple products for time tracking. I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone struggling with hours tracking or billing to check out Harvest.

We have quite literally found dozens of hours that were previously unaccounted for, allowing us to better understand the overall flow of our projects and know best where and how our employees spend their time. The invoicing feature is also an absolute lifesaver -- by autopopulating everything based on timeslips, we have been able to drastically reduce the amount of time we spend on invoicing and improve the accuracy of what we're billing for. It has also majorly improved transparency with clients as well, and they have been particularly pleased with our use of the product.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

I like the time-related quotes and the reminders when you've accidentally left your timer running into the night. It has a friendly but still professional tone.

What do you dislike?

I honestly rarely remember to start the timer before I start working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though I personally find it a chore to remember to use it, that has nothing to do with this specific service. if I were to recommend a timekeeping product, I would recommend this one.

Makes it super simple to track time. More than just a punch-in/punch-out service; you can track how much time (down to small increments) on specific clients.

Harvest review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Good place to start for project tracking and invoicing"

What do you like best?

The intuitive interface makes Harvest easy to learn. I also enjoy the flexibility -- it can be used to track projects by the hour, by the project. You can also use it as a straight invoicing tool with reports that can help you track your income in and out.

What do you dislike?

The limitations -- it's a good place to start, but there's a good chance that you'll eventually need to upgrade to a more robust program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just starting out and need a program to get you started with tracking projects, time and money, Harvest is a great option. It's quick and easy to set up, has the right number of features to be useful without being overwhelming and does the job. It's also a great long-term option if you're a smaller business or lighter-user, as the functions will likely be more than adequate to meet your needs.

We currently use Harvest strictly for invoicing clients for projects and it's made the process easy and uniform across the board.

Harvest review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Harvest is easy to use on the computer and the mobile version. The best part is that you can not only track your project hours as an individual but you can track the projects hours and budget. My favorite feature was that you can create areas of tasks that can be applied to each hour you track as well as a spot for notes to be included in each hour tracked.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that was a little confusing was finding the report information on projects once you had called down a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is a great, inexpensive tool for tracking project hours, budgets, and resources. You can easily track multiple projects with one client or many clients. The ease of use was great and all staff was capable of using without incident within an hour. It also makes many great reports. If you are a contractor, it's an easy and affordable app to create invoices, track hours and include any expenses you incur as well.

Managing project budgets and contractor hours.

Harvest review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Harvest is a time saver"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the timer. I start it when I begin a task and it very accurately tracks my time, whereas with previous time tracking tools, I had to estimate how long each project took me.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't really anything I dislike; my company doesn't utilize all of the features such as expense reporting or the projects tab but for everything else that we use it for, I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend for teams looking to improve their profitability on the accounts they work on and also to help properly staff all accounts. My team pulls both weekly and monthly reports to see how our hours stack up for each account that we work on and determine if we need additional resources.

It's been an eye opener to see how long certain projects and tasks actually take me to complete versus how long I thought they took me in the past. It's also helping my company to remain profitable on certain accounts where we spend too much of our time or not enough of our time.

Harvest review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Good for Time tracking"

What do you like best?

I've used a few time trackers, but I find harvest is the most advanced. It allows you to track your work in real time or to come back and track it later. It allows different projects to be added, which is useful for a multi-project company such as the one I work for. I like that there's a mobile app that syncs up with it in case you're on the go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the timers glitch out and don't stop when I press stop or don't switch when I hit start on a new timer. Sometimes I'm not aware of this until hours later, and since I haven't been keeping a close eye on my time, I have to estimate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the mobile app-- you won't regret it! Come back to your harvest page a few minutes after starting the timer, just to ensure that the timer didn't glitch out.

We are solving the problems that arise from not keeping real-time track of work. This especially helps with retainer or pay-as-we-work contracts, where we need to be very precise in our time tracking.

Harvest review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Getting there but not quite there"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of tracking time and pulling invoices. I love that you can edit an invoice and it goes back and edits that entry, and that you can delete an invoice without deleting the entries. God bless you, Harvest. I love the mobile app! So great for when I have to take a client phone call from home or away from the office. I'll forget if I don't put into Harvest immediately, so the app is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Clients aren't separated into practice areas, so I have to search through all the firm's current clients to find mine. I would love to see only my clients, just to save time. It's a tedious process to archive clients. The invoices have a lot of clutter on them. Not very easy to pull reports in different configurations. Doesn't synch up with payment so have to go in and mark payment manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest has an app! That is wonderful. It makes using it so much easier. Quite honestly, Harvest is the only app I have used so I can't compare, but I really love it. I wish the time tracker would round up to the nearest tenth of an hour for you, rather than leaving it an odd number.

Harvest creates sophisticated invoices from my time worked, does all the tricky math stuff for me, even allows us to put in retainers and bill against them.

Harvest review by Ariana L.
Ariana L.

"Really simple to use"

What do you like best?

I'm able to log in my hours and describe what I have been working on so I don't have to worry about writing it down anywhere. It is extremely easy to use even for nontechnical people they really tried to make the product simple and useful.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using it I would press start and a timer would go off like I was being timed, I didn't really like that because I jump around through different projects a lot so I was very hesitant when pressing the timer button. Also, it's difficult for billing if the time went a couple minutes over or under, it made that confusing to bill an 2 extra minutes. I later then found out you can just type in the amount of hours you worked that day which made me eventually love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product for people who work remotely.

Logging in the correct hours so I can get paid.

Harvest review by Cherise B.
Cherise B.

"Great time-tracking app"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of moving between projects quickly as I track time for clients. I also love the different ways I can generate reports based on client preferences. I also love the quotes they have on the homepage at the beginning of each day. I also appreciate how you can easily correct any errors.

What do you dislike?

Very minor, but sometimes the mobile app doesn't sync well with the browser if you try to use both at the same time. I try to just always use the web browser

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to forget about tracking your time. You can go back and correct things, but real-time tracking is the best.

Time tracking, reporting billable hours

Harvest review by Felicia G.
Felicia G.

"Very useful in an engineering consulting firm "

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly, allows you to track the task you are doing as you are doing it (it comes with a timer even in the mobile app). Allows for expenses tracking and it's not complicated. Administrative users are able to view the other users expenses report thus, allowing for easier expense report compilations. Time tracking on different projects are also very good.

What do you dislike?

I wish there is a feature in the expenses section where we can mark off the expense that has been invoiced and thus be able to exclude it in the report, even if it's within the same time period.

We are able to track our engineers' and staffs' time and expenses very closely, by each project.

"Love Harvest"

What do you like best?

I love that you can just set a timer to run while you are working on things. It can be amazingly accurate when you use it effectively. Its easy to leave up on the background while I'm working and change it as i change projects. I also love being able to copy over for the prior timesheet - it makes it easy when you are working on the same projects for over a week.

What do you dislike?

I tend to forget my timer is running sometimes. I'd love a notification after an hour or so that reminds you have one going, so it can keep me on my toes. I also dislike that some of our groups aren't named very well so its tricky to determine what goes where.

We are trying to readjust staffing and seeing how much time certain accounts are actually taking up.

Harvest review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"Harvest Time Tracking Is the Gold Standard"

What do you like best?

Harvest is the best business time tracking tool. The truth is, while everyone wants to track time, nobody wants to spend time tracking. Harvest makes it easy to track time to projects and clients without having to spend all day entering time data. Reports are easy to generate. Invoices can be generated and sent to Quickbooks (or sent directly to a customer, if so inclined).

What do you dislike?

Harvest is expensive. Getting your entire organization on it isn't cheap. So every 6 months or so I find myself trying to find a better alternative. So far I've not found anything that integrates so seamlessly and is as easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good cloud software for keeping track of time. Does everything you need a time tracking software to do. It integrates with project management software and quickbooks. But it's a bit expensive. Worth the cost currently, but hoping for a better valued solution in the future.

Tracking time against a project for clients. Generating time invoices for clients and for paying contractors. Reviewing time employees and contractors spend on different task types.

Harvest review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Daily Harvest User"

What do you like best?

I most enjoy the intuitive design - it doesn't require any ramp-up when bringing new team members on board. It's easy to use, both as an admin and a team member.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could save specific settings for reports filters. When I pull reports on a weekly basis, I have to change the same settings every time...if there was an opportunity to save my specific filter + sort by, that would make my life a bit easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nobody likes time-tracking. Harvest helps you hate it less. And with Harvest plug-ins, you don't really even have to track time at all. I'd say it's a win-win.

Harvest is an easy way to get our teams tracking their time for specific clients. Not only can I keep track of my team's hours, it helps me plan more accurately for future projects based because I can refer back to hours spent on specific tasks.

Harvest review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Terrific time management tool!"

What do you like best?

Harvest is a great tool for time tracking, resource management, and invoicing. I use it in my small business to manage subcontractors, submit invoices to clients, and to track finances for each year. It's simple, easy to start, and really helps with a small company for time management.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Harvest grow a bit in the options available for different kinds of project tracking (flat fee vs. time and materials) and/or user management. Often times we have a single resource who needs to track time at multiple rates and while this can be done, there's not a really direct way to do so (you're doing more of a work around to get this right).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is a great tool for anyone managing a small business where time tracking is needed for project management and invoicing. If you're billing based on time and materials, this is a great, simple, easy to use product! Before starting with a product like this, I recommend thinking through all of your billing, tracking, and invoicing needs so that you can be sure that it's robust enough for your company.

Harvest solves a time tracking and invoicing problem for us and allows me to manage multiple employees without having to collect individual time sheets. The tool has done a great job in reducing management overhead time for invoicing and time tracking.

Harvest review by Olaf C.
Olaf C.

"Happiest time tracker"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and cross device compatibility. You can use a system app, browser extension, website or phone app and it's so easy to click and track. It's extensive but simple.

What do you dislike?

not sure I have any dislikes, it handles everything I need it to, it's very simple and to the point, never hangs or gives any issues -

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to experience it yourself - but you're going to love it.

Amount of time our team "overspends" on client tasks. We have a much clearer vision now of who is spending too much time, not enough time or has bandwidth for more

Harvest review by Allie L.
Allie L.

"Saving Time with Time Tracking "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily log project times in Harvest - and adding notes for more clarification

What do you dislike?

That notes aren't made mandatory, and that some features don't seem to integrate seamlessly (i.e. with Asana).

Recommendations to others considering the product

works great to see projects at an overall budget/time tracking stance.

We are able to track time and projects more effectively and efficiently.

Harvest review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easy time-tracking--wish the features were more toggle-able "

What do you like best?

Very easy to track time--there is a stopwatch option for contractors/employees to clock in/out. You can then edit times/dates of entry before submitting for approval.

What do you dislike?

The app is designed to assist with contractors on multiple projects, so there are some additional features that just kind of get in my way as I use it solely to track the time of contractors and don't need anything else. I also wish there was a Quickbooks Integration.

We wanted a way to have a more accurate time tracking portal for contractors, instead of them sending us a uniform time sheet. It's helped us see where their time is being spent and how efficiently we are utilizing their time.

Harvest review by Erica R.
Erica R.

"Good for timekeeping purposes"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and easy to use and understand. You can select lots of different options for any given task, and the timekeeping overview function provides accurate information at a glance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to gripe about here. I'm sure that inputting all of the different options and tasks is rather time consuming, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it's great for freelancers and large companies. It's an easy way to keep track of how long you work on different tasks.

I used this product while at a newspaper design center. We were instructed to time how long we worked on each publication for billing purposes. It was efficient to use this product for that purpose.

Harvest review by User in Financial Services

"Easy to use! "

What do you like best?

It's easy to set the timer, get to work, and not worry about tracking your time manually.

What do you dislike?

I haven't upgraded to a paid version, so I'm not sure if I can speak to this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the test! If anything, try it and see if you like it. It's super easy to use and it can't hurt to try. I like that you can section out different projects you're working on, too, so it isn't like you can only focus on one task at a time. So that's great if you're a freelancer or running a business and trying to track how long it takes you to do different tasks, like invoicing/billing/social media/etc.

Harvest takes care of tracking my time, which is one less thing I have to worry about. I like that I can focus more on my task and less on the administration.

Harvest review by Lyndsay N.
Lyndsay N.

"Keeps me accountable on track!"

What do you like best?

I like that Harvest keeps me accountable and on track. I keep it open all day and record my time as I start and stop new tasks.

What do you dislike?

I wish everyone had .5 of 'flex time' throughout the day everday. This includes bathroom breaks, getting coffee, talking to co-workers, etc. Some time in inevitably lost throughout the day and Harvest can sometimes make employees feel guilty about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give employees .5 of 'flex time'. This includes bathroom breaks, getting coffee, talking to co-workers, etc. Some time in inevitably lost throughout the day and Harvest can sometimes make employees feel guilty about it.

My time management has improved greatly and it helps me stay focused and make every minute at work count.

Harvest review by Adrianna H.
Adrianna H.

"Love it for tracking time, expenses related to clients, and sending invoices!"

What do you like best?

Best = being able to simply keep track of my services and break it down in to categories and then invoice for my picky clients that like to see anything and everything being done. I love that I can break down things into projects and clients, tasks, and expenses.

What do you dislike?

Not as robust as other expense trackers/bookkeeping, but it does the trick! You can't copy over or repeat time spent from previous weeks. You can only copy over tasks from the previous day and then enter the time spent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for simple invoicing and time tracking if you are a freelancer/consultant with multiple clients.

Best for invoicing on recurring projects with clients and keeping track of the time spent per task on the project

Harvest review by Bart M.
Bart M.

"The missing link I never thought there was..."

What do you like best?

Its easy of simplicity and how it integrates in your daily routine like no other app.

What do you dislike?

Its limitations are something to get used to (for some), but you can't have its best benefit of simplicity without some limitations, can you?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want endless possibilities for customising how everything works, looks & behaves... forget about Harvest. If you want to use something easy, that glues to your routines and works out of the box, Harvest is the way to go.

We started using Harvest for our company for two main reasons: as an invoicing tool to follow up on the growing number of estimates and invoices, as well as for timetracking - something we hardly did before.

Harvest review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Reaping what is sown"

What do you like best?

Quick ease of use and the in-depth reports. It's a great tool for us in identifying which in-house clients get the most of our attention and justification for denied projects and estimating project timelines.

What do you dislike?

That I don't use it as much as I should! I wish it had a "required notification" feature of some sort that you could use to remind you to log time when you get caught up in your day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like many things, you get out of it what you put into it. We've spent quite a bit of time honing in on our tasks and making sure that we cover the bases without getting overly specific so that our reports actually tell us something.

Identifying our busiest times, longest tasks and areas of most concentrated effort. It has helped inform us of some strategy changes and prioritization techniques.

Harvest review by Brent R.
Brent R.

"Great a tracking and keeping me focused"

What do you like best?

Does an excellent job of tracking and breaking down billable hours for my work. Subliminally, it also helps to keep me focused and on task because I know that it is being tracked

What do you dislike?

The widget function didn't work for me, so I just open it up as a webpage and use it there. No big deal for me, but I can see some people having a problem with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for subliminally keeping me focused and on task because I know that my time is being tracked per client

We have multiple clients at our digital agency and tracking and reporting how much time we were spending per client was difficult, this helps with that and allows us to review our billing process to charge clients who require more time and work

"Agency - Timesheets"

What do you like best?

SO easy to track time. Not something everyone loves to do, and Harvest is simple to use. Love that I can carry over my time sheets, and easily submit/re-submit my time. Easy to manage and view other peoples time/entry and work on a project when we begin to look forward to other similar projects.

What do you dislike?

Would really like it if we didn't have to enter our title every time you add a new job/project to track time. Or even if we could have it auto-populate or move to the top. Filling out time daily/weekly and always having to enter it again for each thing can get frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you know how to use it - it's a piece of cake. There are lots of advantages and easy ways to track time so explore and make sure you know the ins and outs.

Tracking and managing agency time. Projecting for future work and assessing time spent overall on all agency projects.

Harvest review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Timesheet that solved issues in time billable hours"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it is very easy to use. The UI is not plain and not too fancy too. Very easy on the eyes. The logging in time is not too complex and it is basically a touch and go. I love the fact that the team was able to practice time management most especially for client billable hours.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a hard reminder especially for large teams. Only get a form of email notification.

There were instances that perhaps a type of hard notification can solve counter productive edits in the previous approved time sheets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for lean teams and for teams who have several projects to manage especially parallel projects with overlapping roles.

It solved the issue of time management especially for client billable tasks. It provided a great insight on how many hours an individual is working on a project and if this individual is still working within the billable hours or not.

Harvest review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple time-tracking and invoicing"

What do you like best?

The time tracking and reporting features are great for freelancers. Built-in invoicing and many integrations with other apps. Expense tracking and budget estimates features are helpful.

What do you dislike?

The free version is very limited and only allows a few projects. If you invoice manually or use another tool (like Quickbooks) and only want to time-track projects / clients, then Toggl is a great alternative with a more robust free version and lower priced paid plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to track many projects and don't need invoicing all in one app, other time-tracking apps offer good free alternatives.

Harvest's timer and reporting features make it simple to track time towards different projects and clients. The browser extension makes it easy to remember to track and the desktop app tracks offline tasks.

Harvest review by Olivier L.
Olivier L.

"Love Harvest"

What do you like best?

It's easy to implement, employes don't even have to go in the app to log their time. The chrome and mobile extension save a ton of time. It's also easy to report and export a csv for specific project.

What do you dislike?

I think the dashboard page could be improve. I would like it to be able to sort by type of project. Would be more handy sometime than by client name only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's probably the best solution outhere

We run mutliple project at the time. Like a 100. So it's great to track progress and report to client. Especially for recurring plan and pre-paid maintenance.

Harvest review by Peter Z.
Peter Z.

"Best interface for any timesheet program"

What do you like best?

I love the desktop app. Super easy to jump between projects and tasks. My timesheets have never been so accurate.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to have a project profitability calculation/dashboard

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to rollout and get takeup within a business. No one likes timesheets but this software makes it a little less painful.

We use it to help work out project profitability and improve future project estimations.

Harvest review by Cameron B.
Cameron B.

"An absolutely required product for team time tracking."

What do you like best?

For me, the best thing is having a product that does team tracking, invoicing (payment too with PayPal), and has a Mac app for personal time tracking. The Mac app is the killer feature, IMO, as starting and stopping timers with shortcuts or in the menu bar is a must have.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone app could be improved. It's gotten better, and i probably need to give it a better shot. But it's always lagged in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best option available if you need to track a team of 2+. If you're an individual tracking time, there are cheaper and just as good of products. But as a team, this is a killer product.

We had never had luck tracking time across our team well before Harvest. The product immediately solved our problem and we've never looked back.

Harvest review by User

"Harvest Help to Keep Your Projects on Budget!"

What do you like best?

Notifications and visuals of your work and budgeting help to gain a better understanding of where items are. The integration with Forecast help to get a future idea of where your project will land.

What do you dislike?

Usage for billing purposes can become skewed based on how items are set up. Different fields may help with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to align your project set up in a granular way to be able to track time easier.

Resources and projects going over budget. Gaining a future knowledge of a project by using Forecast along with Harvest is a great asset.

Harvest review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"Quick and handy time tracker"

What do you like best?

Simple and quick to use UI. Makes tracking my time super easy. The addition of a desktop app makes it even easier to track your time. Whether using a timer or manually entering, this is about as unobtrusive as it gets.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting options don't always match up with the information I'm looking for.

Time tracking for our development efforts. Makes it easy to lay out the kinds of tasks being done, who's doing them and seeing where you at in terms of total effort on a project.

Harvest review by AnnaMarie B.
AnnaMarie B.

"Easy To use"

What do you like best?

Great platform, very easy to use to track multiple projects for multiple different clients and differentiate office tasks versus client work. I love that I can track my time using the timer or by entering in completed hours. I also love that I can track my time on the computer, my phone or tablet by using their app.

What do you dislike?

I wish exporting end of month hours were more simplistic and user friendly. Rather than showing the total hours tallied up, the system exports it in a long, drawn out spreadsheet rather than tallying up total tasked hours.

Saving time tracking hours and delegating payroll hours across clients and projects.

Harvest review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Kind of a pain, but keeps track of working hours"

What do you like best?

ease of use. I know a lot of people like the timer feature at my office.

What do you dislike?

you can't really break reports by project. i would love to see how much time i'm spending on a specific type of project vs another within a customer, or double check that i didn't accidentally credit one product more than i should due to labeling

Recommendations to others considering the product

A little more data manipulation for basic users. I would like to see my hours per customer broken out by project or see how many hours i'm spending in specific projects accross all customers.

Just time tracking for the most part although I'm now using the hours by customer to split the data and facilitate process improvement for certain types of products we offer.

Harvest review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Harvest is a great way to track billable time, employee time and project estimates. "

What do you like best?

The best part of Harvest for me is the time tracking capabilities for billable time and for payroll. I also love how easy it is to create and send invoices to clients, and how easy it is for clients to pay those invoices right from their email.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can think of that I dislike about Harvest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Harvest is a great way to track employee time, client billable time and send invoices to clients. Harvest has quite a few features, and can be confusing for some people. Make sure you come up with clear guidelines for how to use it.

Harvest helps us client estimates, track billable time and send invoices directly to clients.

Harvest review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.