Hatchbuck

Hatchbuck

Hatchbuck is sales and marketing software for small business that makes it easy to nurture prospects and customers and drive more sales.

Work for Hatchbuck?

Learning about Hatchbuck?

Hatchbuck Reviews

Ask Hatchbuck a Question
Showing 118 Hatchbuck reviews
Hatchbuck review by Stephen W.
Stephen W.

"Excellent tool for small/medium size business"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the toolset, and the templates and guidance they provide, The ability to set up campaigns and tasks based on website activity has given us insights into real-time feedback on the effectiveness of our site and systems. Ask for help - they are very responsive with ideas and best practices you can use right away.

What do you dislike?

The downside is managing all of the automations - it's easy to get carried away, particularly when you're initially setting up, having the system generate tasks as checkpoints, rather than things that actually require attention. Going back and modifying that later and updating can be an intricate process. Take your time early to design touch points and in the campaigns and response process and you'll save this challenge altogether.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time when setting up and carefully map out your campaigns and match them to your forms and website interactions. Make sure that, if you find yourself sending the same response emails over and over manually, you have a concerted effort to get those into HB so you can automate that response.

We have fully automated our sales and follow-up systems with Hatchbuck. We have made many, many sales from our site that were fully automated and managed by the HB system. It's helped immensely in getting our arms around our sales processes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hatchbuck
Hatchbuck review by Chelsey C.
Chelsey C.

"Updated, after 6 months of heavy use: Still, hands down, the best CRM system I've ever used. "

What do you like best?

The support, hands down. The team at Hatchbuck is amazing, and has answered all of my questions promptly, and helped me to think creatively with how best to use the software. I also love the automation available - the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built in advanced filtering system is great, and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We've also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts - what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don't care about - our database has new life!

What do you dislike?

As we've been in the system more, we're finding that we're not using the "deals" tracker tool as effectively as we could, simply based on the fact that for our specific line of business, we could easily use 3-4 pipelines separately. (We are M&A Advisors/Business Brokerage Advisors, and so we have separate pipelines for Sellers, Buyers, Clients doing Exit Planning, and Valuations). If we were given the ability to have multiple Deals pipelines, it would immediately enable us to keep track of that pipeline.

Additionally, if I could change a couple things, like the ability to automate contact notes within the record the same way that other things can be automated, I would, but this is such a minor thing that I wouldn't count it as a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT! You wont regret it. I'd even be happy to answer any questions that you have, being in the system every day for the last 6 months.

We previously had three systems holding three separate sets of data: Zoho CRM, Membrain, and MailChimp. Now that our data is all together, we're already starting to make it work for us, instead of us working with it. As we're further into the program as well, and we've executed some campaigns and targeted emails, we're getting to know our database. The tag feature is amazing, and helps to give a more real-time picture of where our prospects are at, whether they've been browsing the website, what pages they've visted (and multiple times), etc.

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

Hatchbuck review by Jim C.
Jim C.

"Very good platform for small business CRM and email nurture campaigns"

What do you like best?

It's a DIY solution for small businesses that don't need the feature set of a large CRM like SalesForce. The company is easy to work with and the system seems to be very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

In some ways the system is a little too DIY. They offer email templates and set up a campaign for you, but customizing these to my business needs are a little beyond my technical and creative abilities. I'm sure I could figure it out with enough time, but some of it is a little daunting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The CRM features are really pretty easy to use, as are the drip marketing campaigns - once you have them set up. I think the real learning curve comes with setting up the email templates and campaigns. It's a good software, but it will require you to put some time and creative juices into getting it set up.

We get a lot of new business leads but not all of them are ready to purchase our services right away. Hatchbuck allows us to keep tabs on these folks, send them periodic drip marketing to keep us fresh in their minds, and when the time is right, we are there to convert the sale.

Hatchbuck review by Joe P.
Joe P.

"The Game Changer in My Marketing Campaign"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily create great looking email templates is one of the best tools. I also like the point system it awards contacts for opening emails and clicking links. We're able to use this information to determine who is a hot prospect and who needs more nurturing.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to reset campaigns without starting and stopping the whole thing. For instance, I have a series of tasks to complete for new leads. There are many occasions I get behind on handling the tasks. Without having to stop and restart the campaign I would like the capability to start the campaign today from where I left off. Essentially picking up in the middle of the campaign.

keeps leads and prospects front of mind. sending email newsletters has never been easier and setting up autoresponders with little effort is awesome.

Hatchbuck review by Alisa G.
Alisa G.

"Good CRM+Marketing automation solution for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is very intuitive and easy to use. Set up was quick and painless. Hatchbuck's customer service team is amazing, especially helping us make the transition from Salesforce to Hatchbuck. I appreciated the onboarding assistance as we imported data from Salesforce. I like that you can see a contact's activity easily in each record as well as a running activity dashboard on the side. The marketing automation functionality is great and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Because Hatchbuck was originally designed for small B2C businesses, everything is contact driven. You can't do much from the company record and you can't tag or segment companies. There isn't a way to build logic into processes (ie. if contact does X then do Y and Z). The sales side is not as intuitive as the marketing function. That being said, Hatchbuck is continually making updates and does listen to its customers. I expect to see many improvements in the new year and in the meantime, it's working well for us.

We needed an affordable integrated CRM+Marketing automation platform for both sales and marketing to use. We are a small company and had been spending a lot of money on Salesforce, and we weren't using much of its functionality. Hatchbuck gave us what we needed at an affordable price.

Hatchbuck review by Lindsey A.
Lindsey A.

"Great Service, Great Product! "

What do you like best?

Their onboarding and support team is amazing! I knew I would need a little extra hand-holding at the beginning and they have exceeded expectations.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike would be the personalization of emails. If you add {Contact Name} for example, you can not see that the field has been filled in correctly in the test email and on the contact page. You do receive confirmation when a contact replies and you are able to see your initial email in the thread.

It's a CRM that caters to business who do not want to get lost in a million features they will never utilize. In order for them to maintain a level of simplicity, it can't be a do all product. The support I receive outweighs the features lacking for our particular use case.

We are able to nurture prospects more efficiently and avoid an outstanding quote from falling through the cracks. Marketing emails are also created with ease and Hatchbuck offers great templates.

Hatchbuck review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Hatchbuck is Flexible enough to serve all our needs"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck allows us to easily add and change roles of our clients. We utilize tags and custom user fields readily. The ability to sort by more than one value is very important to us. The ability to have filtered contacts and companies allow for more specific, targeted, marketing. We also enjoy the ability to merge HB with our own accounting database in real time. The addition of Zappier's Zapps has also made it more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Although it is not completely intuitive, there are lots of great videos and support pages to use when first getting started. Once you get started, finding the little tricks are easy. The monthly webinars also help to find out tricks others are using to make work flow faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hatchbuck offers a variety of flexibility for using this platform. Utilizing the tags, notes, tasks, and custom fields will allow you to take the basic program and craft it to fit your needs.

We are attempting to create more personalized marketing emails and the ability to add tags, custom fields, and notes allows for this to happen when more than one person may need to contact that customer.

Hatchbuck review by Rhonda M.
Rhonda M.

"Hatcbuck Rocks!"

What do you like best?

HB allows us to easily register and track all of our contacts and leads. We also track all customer, prospect, and lead interaction. It's a real plus when you can talk to a potential client on their level.

HB puts the customer at the heart of our business, which we feel is the fastest way to increase our sales and profits.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to print reports. Would like to also use this system for action tracking and reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Prospects are kept alive and kicking in HB even if they said no the first time. We have an effective email marketing strategy designed into HB which allows us to keep the name Kitchen Tune-up at the top of the pile. We have prospects approach us months after our initial meeting(s) saying they are ready to start!

Hatchbuck review by User

"Great product though some tweaks would be good"

What do you like best?

We find it very easy to setup marketing campaigns, enter in information, manage contacts, pitch new products and gain valuable feedback from our clients and prospects. Vendors also seem to like what we do and hearing about it through drip emails from Hatchbuck. I used to use Survey Monkey and got terrible results from it. Then we moved over to Constant Contact and we were scolded (literally) every time we sent out an email.

What do you dislike?

Does more than I need which makes me feel like I should do more with it. I would love to use Hatchbuck as a CRM but I'm not sure it's robust enough for that purpose.

My company uses Hatchbuck marketing to market and send drip emails to our customers. We also manage prospects and customers using Hatchbuck. It's a great drip email program and our customers love that we don't overspend to them.

Hatchbuck review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"Who Are You Guys?"

What do you like best?

I just started using Hatchbuck a few days ago and I am thrilled with our choice. The program is awesome, but the service and support are nothing short of world class! I had a problem with my first email, I picked up the phone and called their support team. Super friendly and eager to help and get me going. I was able to send out our first email within an hour of signing up. The software is amazing, the people behind this company are wonderful.

What do you dislike?

Like most web-based text editors, I wish the program would identify the font and type size when I highlight text. The fact that I can't, makes it more difficult to make typefaces and sizes the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I

Before Hatchbuck, we had databases in three different programs and nothing was truly integrated. We now have one database and can see exactly what's happening with each contact. We will be diving into marketing automation in the next few days.

Hatchbuck review by Susan B.
Susan B.

"Love Using Hatchbuck!"

What do you like best?

I've used many different CRM's but this one is by far my favorite. I use it for a marketing startup I currently work for and it helps the team stay on track and communicate better with customers . I love that it incorporates email campaigns along with the CRM, and that you can add tags to organize easily. It's also simple to add scores and keep customers moving along with pipeline. Also, their customer support is incredible! They walk you through training and customize it your needs and always follow up afterwards.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough question because there's so much I do like! Sometimes it's difficult to edit the certain email I want, there are a couple of options to access your current emails. One on the dashboard and one on the settings, I'm sure it makes perfect sense but to me I'm constantly clicking on the wrong one and get frustrated when I want to write a new email or edit an old one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look further for a great CRM and email campaign tool, this one is the best. I love so much about it, including the fantastic support! They get back to you right away and are happy to walk you through anything via video call.

The old CRM we used was not very well organized and we couldn't get most of the team to organize their contacts, this system has made the process much easier. Overall we needed a better CRM tool as well as email campaign tool, so this is perfect.

Hatchbuck review by Neal H.
Neal H.

"Hatchbuck is a great bang for the buck"

What do you like best?

The site is intuitive and easy to use. The ability to create emails and use them either as a stand alone email or for batch emails provides a flexibility some other CRM systems just do not offer.

By using Hatchbuck's campaign function, I've been able to significantly reduce my work load. I no longer have to wonder if each client is being followed up with or not. They are. All of them. And with triggers and actions, we're able to schedule follow up phone calls so that potential clients don't fall through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much I dislike about Hatchbuck. It works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop wasting time trying out every other program out there. They all have too many limits or require some huge onboarding fee.

I was having a problem of clients that didn't purchase on the initial contact falling through the cracks, and losing touch with them.

Hatchbuck review by Amanda Marie L.
Amanda Marie L.

"Powerful tool for a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

I love the personalization, tagging, automation, and lead scoring options. The automatic lead scoring is really nice -- I can set specific rules for customer behaviors that adjust their score up or down, giving me a big-picture view of who's interested and who's not. Their customer service is fantastic as well, and they're always looking for ways to improve. I'm also impressed with their partnerships -- their partnership with HelloBar enabled me to use HelloBar for free, which has helped with conversions on my site.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky and takes time to process, but this is something I imagine they'll improve in time.

I'm finally setting up email automations instead of emailing people directly through Gmail. It'll be the perfect tool for scaling up and nurturing existing customers when I'm ready.

Hatchbuck review by Leilani W.
Leilani W.

"Seamless onboarding, and perfect for our CRM needs."

What do you like best?

Our onboarding specialist made our transition to a new CRM really seamless, and we're finding it perfect as a CRM for marketing purposes.

What do you dislike?

The one feature we wish Hatchbuck included is to suppress a user from an automated email flow if they have 'replied' to an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the onboarding sessions - they are really helpful if you come prepared and have done your homework and already explored the features that will be most necessary to you. Do your homework between sessions too, so you can come prepared to the next session with more questions.

We were looking for one central CRM to host marketing contacts for a variety of clients at our agency. Through the ability to tag our imports, we're able to send targeted communications based off various filters and responses.

Hatchbuck review by User in Design
User in Design

"Quick Results"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage and categorize contacts. The ability to write emails and save them for a later launch. The ability to create email campaigns and automate them for sending. The ability to create forms, and connect them to events so that people can RSVP. This allows for you to capture contact information before the event so you don't have to worry about getting that information during the event.

What do you dislike?

Don't have the ability to filter customer's by zip code, and city. I would like to see more social marketing options to post on social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Hatchbuck for it's multiple features including the ability to auto send out emails and to manage contacts.

Sending out informational emails a couple times a week has enabled me to get former customers to re-enroll their annual membership. Many customer's also place orders based on the product information that I send out. One of my goals was to keep customer's by having them re-enroll their memberships. That's happening.

Hatchbuck review by Soraya W.
Soraya W.

"Great for a small company!"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Hatchbuck is the support. I have gone through the initial onboarding, the videos, phone support, email support, and now chat support. I've always gotten an immediate response! The other thing I love about Hatch is its simplicity. It's very easy to navigate and was easy to train my team to use it.

What do you dislike?

While Hatch is a great CRM, I'd like to see a few usability and features be added eventually. I don't like that I have to click 3-4 times to send an email out (I understand why its like this but it would be great to have an option to just send) - I'd like better views (filters) and be able to save my filter views with whatever columns I choose (It doesn't stick so I have to change it every time) - I'd like to be able to view better reporting - and I have a few other ideas if someone would like contact me to go over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for marketing automation - great support. Anytime you have a question or need help, you will receive that ASAP! :)

We were just looking for a more affordable, easy to use CRM, which Hatch has become that for us. The benefits we have is that it's simple to use and we can now reconfigure how we organize our sales team given the tools within Hatch.

Hatchbuck review by Tonya R.
Tonya R.

"Wow!"

What do you like best?

As a small business, we needed a CRM that would pull its weight and not kill us financially. I reviewed multiple options. Hatchbuck replaces MailChimp, allows for creation and development of sophisticated email campaigns, is (apparently) limitlessly customizable, and their onboarding and client service is exceptional (I changed our onboarding and stole from them, shamelessly). I cannot say enough about how pleased I am.

What do you dislike?

That I internally can't get developer time to embed the Hatchbuck form into our website. This is OUR problem, not Hatchbuck's. They make it REALLY EASY, but I don't control the website. I had to say something about what I don't like to appear legit, and it's a required field :P.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. I'd even be happy to answer your questions.

Hours and hours and hours of time. I can schedule email campaigns. I can run reports for bonuses. I can automate actions (which frankly never ceases to be cool). I feel like we've only scratched the surface of the power of the platform, and its various integrations.

Hatchbuck review by Hannah W.
Hannah W.

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is a solid marketing and sales CRM that is well-designed and easy to use. It's great if you're looking for a way to set up funnels and track your marketing and sales efforts. The reports are very convenient as well.

Another big plus: No setup/training fees, and they integrate with Zapier, meaning that you can connect Hatchbuck to many other apps.

It was simple to learn and easy to get started right away. Plus, they have an awesome team ready to help -- Lindsey made me feel welcome right away and helped answer questions.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at the moment. For anyone looking for additional Hatchbuck integrations, I would highly recommend using Zapier to accomplish this. Super easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a frugal marketing and sales CRM that will work as you scale, give Hatchbuck a try.

I've used Hatchbuck to set up email marketing sequences, create contacts, tasks, and deals, and generate reports. It's great for both small and large teams.

"Great for Start Ups"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is all in one place. I don't have to use an email client, a formatting program, an email address database, and a lead tracker. As a team of 1, it made everything so much simpler, and no one fell through the cracks! And the emails came out beautiful. I also used the forms when presenting at a conference to distribute materials from the presentation to over nearly 100 individuals, when in the past I has to email them one by one, manually attach the materials, and so on.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we have found that we don't like at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just take the plunge! I'm getting ready to launch it in my private business as well.

Lead tracking and cultivation. We were losing contact with so many customers without realizing it, but Hatchbuck puts them front and center.

Hatchbuck review by ☛Patti P.
☛Patti P.

"Big Reward, Happy Team (and Happy CFO)"

What do you like best?

It's unusual that doing things in business turns out better than you expected. For my team at HealthEconomics.Com, this was the result of our first year experience with Hatchbuck! The business need we had was how to be better at marketing and sales (defined as: more targeted, better follow-up, more success). The solution was Hatchbuck. The result was 13% improvement in sales in our first year of Hatchbuck. Now, every dollar of that 13% growth is due to Hatchbuck - that just wouldn't be fair to my awesome sales people :-) - but it has indeed helped us target, follow-up more successfully, and have more success with our hundreds of customers. And probably most importantly, my sales team and I all feel in better control of our business. The whole group at Hatchbuck is on our side to be successful. We are definitely renewing for next year. The cost of the software service is manageable for our small business and it's easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a better interface when adding tags without having to go to the Systems settings. I'd like a cheat sheet that defines a tag when you mouse over it (like a "comment" field or a note in Microsoft Word/Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product to small businesses.

Needed better segmenting of customers (where they are in the sales funnel, what their interest is, what their pain point is); needed automatic follow-up; needed a way to achieve drip marketing; needed email and website integration of customer pathways; needed it to be affordable for a small business. We achieved drip marketing, segmenting, follow-up, and 13% sales growth.

Hatchbuck review by Lori F.
Lori F.

"Lean and mean sales and marketing machine"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck gives you amazing insight into the mind of a buyer...what' they're doing, thinking, likely to do--all in real time. It's great for hands-on sales strategy. But even more helpful for understanding what your contacts want from you. When you give it to them, the feedback is clear. When you don't, you hear crickets and know it's time to go back to the drawing board.

My favorite features are:

* The real-time dashboard

* The form and link actions to follow up on clicks, visits and online forms

* Dynamic tagging

What do you dislike?

Hatchbuck is coming out with a major update *soon* so many of my dislikes may be addressed. But currently my top 3 dislikes of this program are...

* Limited boolean search

* Limited custom reporting

* One-way API (inbound only), which limits integration with other tools

This said, I've come up with workarounds for most of this or just let go of my annoyance at not having this. For the subscription price, you're not going to get everything you want--no matter which software you evaluate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

* Don't just "do a demo." Ask to see a live demo by someone using the product to see how it works in real life

* Create a wishlist of features, then go back and prioritize them and label them "must have" and "nice to have." For example, we had to give up calendar integration when we switched, but I don't miss it at all bc we use Google Apps which is far better than Act's calendar integration was anyway. For Hatchbuck's price point, you likely won't get everything you need, but everything you get will be a solid win.

* Consider not doing a full conversion of your existing db, and just bringing over A+ customers and prospects. Use the move to clean up your db and slowly add questionable contacts as you clean them up externally. We reduced the size of our database by 90% when we did this, and it increased our response rates exponentially because it became crystal clear who our active prospects were.

We have used Hatchbuck nearly 3 years, and it's changed our business for the better. The email editor is easy to use and cut my previous design time from 2+ hours to about 15-20 mins--even less if I copy a template. We're up to 11 marketing automation campaigns, which ensures all of our contacts are getting something from us at all times. Then we fill in with our email blasts, and I feel like I've optimized my marketing investment each week.

Before it was too hard to keep track of all the moving pieces. Too hard = no continuity, and continuous content is the secret to lead generation. Now when I come up with a new lead-gen idea, I can execute on it instantly, by myself, no help required from IT.

Hatchbuck review by Tage H.
Tage H.

"Easy as Sunday Morning"

What do you like best?

The ability to either use a predesigned email template for quick emails or the create your own is nice when you want to put together a more cohesive email campaign.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike would be the fact that we don't have it synced to our Sage system and we have to manually add in contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and you will find yourself the ease of use and the ability to quickly contact and track your customer's interests at a glance. The Dashboard is a fantastic feature which shows I believe in real-time the activity of your customer's clicks.

Each Sales Person can take ownership on their own campaigns and follow up with each customer or as a whole.

Hatchbuck review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"Worth the Money"

What do you like best?

We run a gym and use a CRM specific for managing our memberships. Our software fell short in offering a good automated solution for email marketing. We were hesitant at first to use to CRMs as it's easy for the data to get out of sync. But, we went with Hatchbuck bc of the strong reviews and affordable price. It's been about 8 months now and we're super happy with our decision. The software is so easy to use and the onboarding process was great. You have access to a customer success agent who responds to emails super fast.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was text messaging capabilities.

Lead management. The ability to move customers through a sales funnel.

Content marketing. Being able to manage content and send it out to customers after they fill out a form.

Hatchbuck review by Administrator in Computer Software

"National Director of Marketing and Business Development"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck manages marketing campaigns, customer contacts, CRM, Deal progression in one solution, even providing the ability to track emails sent to the client during deal progression as an activity. We love the integration with the google suite and deal tracking.

What do you dislike?

When marketing email templates are generated, they populate in a list that you can select from based on the template that was created first (years ago). Also, it doesn't yet track IP addresses that visit our website that are not contacts in our contact list (like Hubspot).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This gives you much of the features/functionality of HubSpot at a much lower cost.

Hatchbuck is our CRM, Marketing Automation, Deal Tracking. It allows us to stack rank by "points" prospects that have viewed our website, allowing us to target marketing to them.

Hatchbuck review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"A great product!"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is easy to use. The combination CRM - email marketing tool is genius. The client support is also superb. Whenever I had a question, during the first 2 months of service, I had a p[ersonal rep assigned to me. Additionally, I rec'd one-on-one implementation webinars. Now my account has moved to the main support team and they respond very quickly to any question I have.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully, I cannot find anything to dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend you schedule a live demo of the product. It's so easy to implement and the client support is outstanding. The price is great too!

We are closing the loop by connecting our sales department to our marketing dept using Hatchbuck. We have removed so many steps by implementing the product.

Hatchbuck review by michelle h.
michelle h.

"Love this CRM!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, straight forward and integrates with marketing efforts and client nurturing seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Would be great to have some form of expansion modules, but with the API;s for so many, it is hardly missed. I so wish there was a mobile app for Hatchbuck (oh please please) I could use from the field. Let me know if there is some 3rd party integration that I can achieve this.

Total awareness, total organization, one platform to hold all client and prospect data with metrics....so key. Goodbye days of multiple spreadsheets, software and MS Office attempting to keep me organized and orchestrated. I (heart) Hatchbuck.

Hatchbuck review by Kristin H.
Kristin H.

"EDITED: I WILL NEVER USE THIS SOFTWARE EVER AGAIN"

What do you like best?

Original: Hatchbuck has all of the features you need. You can create tasks, campaigns, send emails, track results, filter people, and include deals for the salesforce, etc. We have multiple staff that utilize different parts of Hatchbuck for both marketing and sales operations. I really like how you can adjust contact score based on their actions. It really helps identify and qualify leads. Edited: I LIKE NOTHING

What do you dislike?

Original: The User Interface is outdated and horrible. It's difficult to navigate, and not intuitive at all. All of the features you need exist, just in strange places. However, I have called their customer support and they were able to quickly point me in the right direction which I really appreciate. If they redesigned the UI I'd be a big fan. In other design terms, I really dislike the email templates. I currently use MailChimp to make templates and import the HTML into Hatchbuck. The drag and drop editor on their emails is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. Edited: GUESS WHAT. Hatchbuck tried to update their horrible UI and made the situation extremely worse. They sent the same email from us multiple times and got us marked as spam. I understand things happen, but when you try to call or contact them, they hide behind voicemail!!! They say "oh we are soooo busy because of our redesign that we can't answer the phone." One of the previous best things about them was the ability to call and talk to a person and get support. They are deep in the hole with this and know it. So instead of accepting responsibility and apologizing - like we had to to more than 8,000 people - they are hiding like cowards. UNACCEPTABLE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go elsewhere. There are a ton of CRMs you have choices in the marketplace.

Original: We are much better at tracking potential clients and interacting with them. We have realized benefits from connecting with individuals after meetings by sending sales emails and tracking those interactions. Hatchbuck has helped us with B2B sales and connecting with clients. It also helps multiple staff work independently without duplicating efforts, as all actions are easily tracked in Hatchbuck. Edited: Now we are solving the problem of being blacklisted as spam and unable to email with any of our potential leads.

Hatchbuck review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Why I Switched from Hubspot to Hatchbuck"

What do you like best?

As the owner of a small business, I was paying Hubspot's excessive fees for a few years before I discovered Hatchbuck. While Hatchbuck has fewer features than Hubspot, I actually like that. Hubspot could be so overwhelming with all of the customization options. I just wanted to track customers and sales and stay on top of everything. In under one month, I was up and running more smoothly than I was under Hubspot after two years.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that I could customize some some of the core features using my own terminology (like I prefer to say Event Date instead of Close Date for my purposes)...

I'm using the software to manage event booking and sales for speaking.

Hatchbuck review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Easy to use, and fits all of our needs that other services didn't."

What do you like best?

The drag and drop email creator is easy and looks great! I'm not that great with design and my emails still look really nice and professional.

What do you dislike?

My emails are still going into the junk mail of peoples inboxes and I can't figure out why it's still doing that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick Hatchbuck. It's super easy to use and the customer service is really good! They get back to you almost immediately and they always know what they are talking about. All of my weird requests she knew exactly what to do! Very nice and very accommodating.

Our lead generation is going so much better. We have a better sales funnel to catch people when they are ready to buy and nurture them along the way until they click "Buy Now".

Hatchbuck review by Jeremiah B.
Jeremiah B.

"Solid CRM & Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck provides a solid CRM and Marketing Automation system that helps keep our marketing and sales efforts organized. The CRM has very few functionality holes, and the email & automation is easy to use and ticks most of the boxes for our needs.

What do you dislike?

It could use some minor UX improvements here and there, particularly in reporting. But I believe those are in the works, and I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hatchbuck is definitely worth a look for small businesses looking for an all-in-one CRM with solid email & automation features.

Our previous CRM was very clunky and slow, and the support was dismal. Hatchbuck works quickly and smoothly, and the training and support have been great! The email marketing is easy to use, and the forms are easy to set up and implement.

Hatchbuck review by Patricia C.
Patricia C.

"Perfect solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple, works as advertised

What do you dislike?

Some of our users experience slow interface experience, but others experience it just fine. Not sure if it’s the internal internet connection we may have.

We know exactly if our email contacts open and/or click specific product emails. It makes things easier for our sales to contact warm leads.

Hatchbuck review by Kaitlin R.
Kaitlin R.

"Easy automation for small - medium businesses"

What do you like best?

As a small company with an even smaller engineering department, we decided to make the move from managing our own automated email campaigns to using Hatchbuck instead. The features we use the most are their extensive tagging and sorting along with the ability to push info directly into the system via their API. We can also trigger actions based on clicks inside an email. This has been a great time saver for our team. The reporting also helps us keep an eye on what is and isn't work with our marketing so that we can make better decisions about what is engaging information for our customers to receive and what is just noise that is getting lost in the shuffle.

What do you dislike?

We personally do not have dedicated sales reps. Hatchbuck seems to have several features setup around this idea. It's not that we dislike these features, we just aren't utilizing them, so it feels a little bit like we aren't getting all of the value of the product just because of our business model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to segment your customers extensively and build campaigns from those segments. There are features based on direct sales, so your business model is something to consider when deciding on this product.

We use Hatchbuck to train and educate our potential and existing customers about our product. It's one of the ways we stay in close contact with them and can automate some of the help we provide. This saves our training and customer service team lots of time. We can also segment people into very minute categories using the tags and that helps us to analyze who comprises our customer base.

Hatchbuck review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"My Experience with Hatchbuck as a Business Development Representative. "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Hatchbuck, is how easy it is to navigate. They give you the tools you need to understand the software and then are always there if you need them. Setting tasks and reminders has never been easier!

What do you dislike?

I am still fairly new to Hatchbuck, and using it in this role, therefore I have no current dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hatchbuck is worth the try! They are not only helpful, but their customer service goes above and beyond to make sure that you know how to use the product!

The business problems that I am solving with Hatchbuck are on the side of communication. The benefits that I've realized from using this software is that I am more intentional with my reach outs and personal with my communication.

Hatchbuck review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Business Analyst"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use

- Great user interface

- Email tracking/reporting

What do you dislike?

Their support team has provided very little to no assistance to multiple reported bugs and issues. We've never been able to reach a support member via the phone number, and it takes multiple emails to get an update on unresolved issues. Our team has had to troubleshoot and resolve more issues than we've actually been helped with. The customer service we were promised upon signing up was nothing near the support we have received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Don't expect suggestions or issues to be addressed.

Hatchbuck has allowed us to replace several third party applications to manage all aspects of lead management. We've been able to continue transparency among all users from open to close of a lead.

Hatchbuck review by Jeff P.
Jeff P.

"Amazing and Simple"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is amazing. With the automation we have literally decreased our noshow rate to less than 10%. My dedicated trainer is patient, informative, and supportive ensuring I am able to efficiently navigate the Hatchbuck system. The change over from our former system to Hatchbuck wasn't as stressful as I made it out to be!

Thank you.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I do not like. It exceeds our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't spend another minute thinking. Go for it.

System automation; Mass emailing; Organization of leads.

Ease of use; less time in system than our previous system and we accomplish more.

Hatchbuck review by Suzi L.
Suzi L.

"Takes the guessing out of what you need to do!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and keeps everyone on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Wanting to learn it faster but no time due to workload

Recommendations to others considering the product

easier use of working with Wodhopper. This is our tool we track all new members who sign up to workout at Rivet

Easier to follow up with leads

Hatchbuck review by Rob R.
Rob R.

"Best Marketing Automation / CRM Solution For Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

The value and customer support are the best I have experienced. Even better than Hubspot's. Also, love the campaign building support offered. Great partner program with low cost of entire and complete access to all inbound marketing collateral. Every partner made to feel special not just Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver members.

What do you dislike?

Keyword recommendation and competitor insight tools would be a nice add-on. But, for the price cannot ask for more. Landing pages must be integrated, not included. Surprised to learn there is currently no HatchBuck Wordpress plugin at this point. [6/2015]. Perhaps a low-hanging fruit opportunity for a developer here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out their marketplace and contact a Partner to request a QuickHatch demo before you buy. This can save you extra and some partners include the cost of software in their marketing packages.

You would be wise to build out all your marketing campaigns prior to investing on any Marketing Automation, this will allow you to hit the ground running versus paying for a tool you are not using.

Also, note that landing pages and some other features are only available via Zapier integrations, so first check Zapier to make certain your other tools are listed.

Similar to Infusionsoft, Hatchbuck has helped us get organized, and automatically updates status and leads for us. However, unlike its competitors it give DIR Inc the ability to offer small business clients a solution that will not eat up 40% of their monthly marketing budget.

Also, ability to capture web visitors on our website http://dirinc.us and social media.

Hatchbuck review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"A great customer service experience & very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

The Hatchbuck platform is very intuitive and user friendly. The modern look and well-organized information makes it easy to navigate and keep all of the various pieces of CRM/marketing automation straight. Also, the customer service is very responsive and helpful on an individual basis.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that would be useful... such as being able to automate actions based on users who DON'T click in emails, not just those who do click, and being able to clear out data on forms after you do a few "tests" of the form to make sure it's working properly. Also, Contact Details do not include an "Address 2" line, even though a lot of addresses have suite numbers or secondary locators. And, it would be nice to have a direct email integration, instead of having to forward all conversations to a BCC email address (too easy to forget to do so).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The conversion of data from our old system to Hatchbuck was not as smooth as we were hoping, so make sure you have everything squared away before you actually import the data.

We needed a CRM system to manage our contacts, but also wanted to use email marketing to stay in touch with our prospects. Having an "all-in-one" system to do both has been the best solution to that problem.

Hatchbuck review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"Working well"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to bcc emails into hatchbuck. Saves a lot of trouble with trying to make sure notes are added,

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to go to each contact as they come through and assign the task.

we have multiple clients and we all speak with them. this makes it seamless and you can see what others have already addressed

Hatchbuck review by Joel T.
Joel T.

"Easy, Economical, Effective"

What do you like best?

We were using Salesforce, which is robust. However, we were looking for a solution that was more economical, easier-to-use, and not so complex. We were referred to Hatchbuck. We took a test drive with a demo, interacted with their sales and support folks, and then pulled the trigger. We've had great follow-up from the Hatchbuck team and they are open to ideas and feedback we share. The system is good to use and it's met the needs we have as a company.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a mobile-friendly web platform or an app. I want to check in on prospects and leads from anywhere, which can be a little tricky on my smartphone to pan and zoom. I also think the wizards (e.g., creating an email template or uploading a file) can be a little sluggish from time-to-time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a test drive and schedule a demo at http://www.hatchbuck.com/#_l_6x.

1. It streamlines our communication in our sales process. I love the tracking and notification features so I know when someone opens an email and clicks a link. Tags are super helpful for a quick glance, too.

2. It keeps us organized.

3. It engages our team.

Hatchbuck review by Dlayne S.
Dlayne S.

"Can be a powerful tool "

What do you like best?

The email and crm capabilities are similar to more expensive combined platforms. The web tracking can be difficult to implement, but powerful once the information is compiled. Tagging is also more robust that other crm tools.

What do you dislike?

The search feature is limited for both customers and companies. Not as intuitive as other programs, but scalable with the online tools and onboarding. Email is also limited in what you can do, drag and drop is easy but time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheaper than other programs, which is evidenced by some tweaks that still need to be made. Overall still a great nurture and crm tool.

Great for current customer nurture. Great reports for open rates and click through.

Hatchbuck review by Stacy I.
Stacy I.

"Hatchbuck & STL Rent A Box- connected! "

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck allows us to categorize our business contacts, prospective clients, and existing clients. I can segment who I want to send correspondence to in a few simple clicks. Its a great way to be personal to our audience. It's a user friendly system that allows us to organize our contacts, future follow-ups, correspondence, and reporting. In one step I can quickly look up a client and get all the information I need! I also enjoy the resources that Hatchbuck offers. There are many blog posts that have been helpful to us to utilize the system.

What do you dislike?

I would like my email open rate to increase and I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how to make that happen! I have changed my subject lines, offered sales, blog posts, personal emails; it still varies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hatchbuck is a great system for anyone beginning or in an established business. Every business needs a way to effectively communicate with prospective clients and existing clients. I love how I can utilize Hatchbuck with my website to help facilitate educating prospective clients about my business and point existing clients in the right direction. Having a good website and CRM goes hand in hand.

In one step I can quickly look up a client and get all the information I need! It's important to see the contact history between the client and our company. I want to know if they have opened emailed, clicked on links, etc. This allows me to continue an authentic relationship with our audience. It's really fantastic to know how often they are referring to emails and I feel comfortable picking up the phone to connect with them because we now have a relationship.

Hatchbuck review by Janeth G.
Janeth G.

"Hatchbuck is the way to go!"

What do you like best?

Everything is very easy to find and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It only lets me input 25 purchases. We would like to be able to beyond 25.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a must! It keeps everything organized, easy to find. Quickly access notes and info.

Keeping all our contacts in place and organized. It is easy to record and keep track of sales.

Hatchbuck review by Cyndi S.
Cyndi S.

"Most Comprehensible, User friendly program I've EVER Used!"

What do you like best?

The ability to completely customize this rich feature program is beyond compare. Super fast, with variable searches make working within a database a snap.

Email marketing in a blink of an eye! With Real LIVE REPORTING, you know exactly when the client opens it and clicks on any links!! Super easy email templates that look rich, professional and completely different than anyone else's.Want to schedule for later, no problem. Create a Drip Marketing campaign, duplicate, edit, done- send! I've never seen anything like it.

The Custom Tag Feature is another excellent highlight of Hatchbuck. We use it is several ways to automate more of our business. As a 100% online business, we demand online programs that support our business. Now all our business database issues have jumped into the correct century!

Forms and Tracking! OMG! Just like making an email, super easy templates for forms. Create, copy the best code for where you want the form to be, and post. Once the form is filled out, it automatically adds the contact and starts an action! Your own action! Whatever you need to happen! My jaw is still on the floor. No other CRM does this!

As a veteran Act! & Swiftpage user of over 20 years, I have to be honest. Hatchbuck blows them away, no comparison. A CRM and email marketing in one! I may be out of room. Get it- It's amazing!

What do you dislike?

There's not one thing I don't like about this program. Honest. I was not paid to say this. We got a fast start from Hatchbuck Partner, The Database Diva, who helped us migrate from our old CRM and identify the automation that would benefit Promoz best. I wish Lori had been a pushy salesperson when she discovered it! She's not making this stuff up!

We've been clients of Database Diva for years and are strong believers in drip marketing campaigns. Now, with Hatchbuck, we can finally do the campaigns we always Dreamed of doing! With great opt in forms that are responsive and automatic! Once they fill out the form it's uploaded AUTOMATICALLY in my CRM!!

I thought I wouldn't like the non calendar feature. But with their help we talked through how to schedule what's time sensitive on the calendar I already use in Microsoft Office 365. Works better than my old program did.

No glitches- no updates to pay for or deal with. The videos are very easy to follow! And you only have to watch them once, because this is the easiest program I've ever seen!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the DEMO! You'll be glad you did. It's not free, but will pay for itself over and over again. The free programs can send an email, that's it. This is not an email program. This is a database CRM that has literally every option, for any business to grow your account base, communication, and knowledge about what's working, and what's not.

Just ask them, what about this.....they have the solution!

What business problems are you solving? That would be a very long list.

Time- call backs, finding contacts, sorting contacts, adding contacts.....it goes on.

Stress- I was so happy to open my other desk top computer that was basically of no use because the Act! version had a glitch and I needed to pay for yet another round of tech support to open my database. Now, with Hatchbuck, just open a website! I got to delete that massive, clunky, slow running program off my hard drive too. And not paying to sync my other traveling computers with the CRM is a whole other story and expense!

Okay, if you've read all this, you'll see that on a scale from 1-10 I gave Hatchbuck a 32. I love it. If you don't have it - your loosing money! If you haven't signed up to get the demo, reach out to my friends at Database Diva. I've heard nothing but good service for Hatchbuck direct too. I just haven't had to call them....Imagine that.

Hatchbuck review by Molly G.
Molly G.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

the lead generation is perfect for what we need

What do you dislike?

some of the builder forms are not as intuitive as they could be

Recommendations to others considering the product

really helpful for lead generation purposes, but not the best in design or functionality

we send out quarterly emails to clients and potential clients, and we've also engaged clients on the kind of things we should write about

Hatchbuck review by Administrator

"Everything we need at for a great value"

What do you like best?

The platform is robust, yet simple and intuitive. The customer support is outstanding. We've been working with Katie (Culp) and the level of service and responsiveness leaves nothing to be desired. The on-boarding experience was hands down the best I've ever experienced with any technology solutions.

What do you dislike?

Filters for things like Tasks can be a little too subtle sometimes. For example, when I first navigate to the Tasks tab, the list is filtered but there's very little indication of this. It would be nice if either the list were NOT filtered or if there was a more obvious indication of this filtering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very much worth a serious look.

Automated email and contact activity tracking (both in progress)

Hatchbuck review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Hatchbuck converted a lot of scattered data into a robust database that landed us a big client!"

What do you like best?

It's visually stunning, much like our amazing trainer Lindsey Stroud.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Everything is working as expected and the training was excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's perfect for a small business and very affordable. If you've worked with Mail Chimp or Constant Contact you will have no trouble figuring it ou.

We had our customer database in an Excel spreadsheet. All of our correspondence with them was either printed out or put in Mac Mail folders. It was really disjointed. I love the social media features and the ability to upload a photo. I took the time to add those photos for everyone of our current clients which is really important that I put a face with the name so when we have our annual conference I can act like I already know them! Also, by having all social media fields available it forced me to connect with them which doubled my network in just a few days!

Hatchbuck review by Mandy M.
Mandy M.

"Awesome Marketing Automation Platform That Small Business Owners Can Afford"

What do you like best?

One thing we love about Hatchbuck is how easy it is to learn and use. We were up and running in just 1 week and our email marketing staff was able to quickly learn the platform so there was no lack in productivity due to training.

What do you dislike?

A few bugs here and there that we've come across but nothing major. And the tech support is always very quick and does their best to solve the problem in a timely fashion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We’ve found that this affordable, all-in-one platform has everything Mod Girl and our clients need. Their pricing you cannot beat and is one of the reasons we decided to go with them over other popular marketing automation platforms.

Simple CRM

Visitor Tracking

Easy Email Marketing

Automation that saves us time and prevents us from sending manual emails

Helps us to better organize our entire business and communicate with our community and prospects better.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Hatchbuck is incredibly easy to use. It's intuitive enough that I could figure out how to use it without a tutorial.

What do you dislike?

The email templates can be a little sticky to work with, but no more so than with other marketing automation platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hatchbuck is a perfect tool for a small company. It's affordable and very easy to use and maintain with no support.

We're mostly using this for our newsletter and outbound communications but are slowly moving over our CRM as well. Before Hatchbuck, we had no visibility into our customers beyond email open rates.

Hatchbuck review by Madison A.
Madison A.

"Great Email System"

What do you like best?

The tagging is extremely useful. Anyone that clicks a link in an email I send, I'll assign a tag to them, and be able to start a campaign or send them another email on that topic.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that need help, like saving drafts of emails in a intuitive place and editing the HTML of a drag-and-drop template. I also wish I could share a URL of an email I sent out on my website. The reporting could use a little more work too, it's hard to compare emails to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest doing a few trial runs. We found that a lot of our emails in the beginning went to Spam folders of our contacts. That was a little frustrating, but figured it was to be expected w/ switching servers.

I work in the healthcare industry, so we're trying to get more patients to utilize our services. I've found that a little strategic nurturing w/ emails will help a potential patient take the step and make an appointment.

Learn more about Hatchbuck

Hatchbuck Videos

Learning about Hatchbuck?

* We monitor all Hatchbuck reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.