Heap

Instant, retroactive analytics for web and iOS. No code required.

Work for Heap?
Ibmwatsoncustexana digana  2x

Learning about Heap?

Heap Reviews

Ask Heap a Question
Showing 102 Heap reviews
Heap review by <span>Justin A.</span>
Justin A.

A Better Way for Non-Data Scientists to use Abalytics Data to Answer Business Questions

What do you like best?

Heap is easy to implement, easy to use, and very simple to deploy. It gives the "lay-person", a marketing team member, or business team member who is NOT a tech savvy data scientist the ability to review the most important data, answer questions in a meaningful way that allow meaningful and clear decisions to be made based on data.

What do you dislike?

We only recently started using Heap, in conjunction with Google Analytics, and so far there is nothing we've encountered that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial is not hard to implement or deploy. At the least Heap is well worth the try to see if it's a better solution that enables more informed, data-driven decsions.

The ,main objective in the trial and adoption of Heap was to allow anyone on our team from accounting to sales to business development and HR to easily utilize the data platform to extract relevant and useful insights applicable to their parts of the business, and do so without having to pull people from our tech support, IT, or marketing analyst roles in order to do so. Heap has made this a much more viable process and has saved us a few dozens of hours in people hours over the last 2-3 weeks alone. Additionally, we can be more confident of the decisions we're making about driving the business because we have a clearer picture of our data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Heap
Heap review by <span>Noah H.</span>
Noah H.

Easy Integration with Lasting Benefits

What do you like best?

Heap enables one to easily track how customers use one's applications on both the web and mobile. This data is crucial to informing product development and further enhancements. With its ability to easily define user events, one can easily detect how one can better optimize one's product to drive better retention and feature use.

What do you dislike?

Their analytics could be more user-friendly and ML could be used to give proactive feedback on user activities. This isn't crucial but would be immensely valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is certain to deliver valuable data regardless of how deeply you integrate it. Also, if you have investors or managers constantly requesting user metric data, this is an easy way to simplify the gathering and distribution of such information.

Discerning application and UX weak points, and driving better user retention. Another immensely useful feature is the retention graphs with the ability to even generate retention data for individual features. This reporting has helped improve investor relations and let us quantify our growth and progress with ease.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Heap review by <span>Javier R.</span>
Javier R.

Best analytics tool out there

What do you like best?

Once upon a time, there were a few names trying to compete in the analytics market; then came Heap and changed everything. They figured out a way to track all the events on your web page without you telling them what to track. That's a game changer. Track first, build your funnel later.

What do you dislike?

I guess one of the few things I would improve is to be able to create an event for a button based on the route that link was clicked in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. Even if you already use another tool, give Heap the chance and implement it along your current analytics tool. It will help a lot.

It's been definitely helpful for improving my funnel. By running experiments I've been able to tweak some texts and button placements and see how they influence the conversion rate.

Heap review by <span>Nouran G.</span>
Nouran G.

Great tool to have!

What do you like best?

Heap helps when trying to really dig into user behaviour. It allows for multiple actions, views, clicks, etc. to be grouped and filtered. I especially like the ability to have specific filters to know more about our prospects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data gets funny and we always have to tweak it to get to the final numbers. The best way to get about this is to look across multiple data sources and have a fact check on each and every number you get. Once you find out that things are almost the same, then you can start to relay on it completely. Before, that, it's best to double check the numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Heap, just make sure of the price-value for you.

Data collection and analysis.

Heap review by <span>Alina I.</span>
Alina I.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Intuitive and Instructional

What do you like best?

I've used several analytics platforms in the past, and Heap has by far made my job the easiest.

I love their structured query builders and the insights and ideas you get from the builders themselves. As someone who is not super data savvy, this is a god send. Analytics were a frightening beast before I had the chance to use Heap.

If I don't have an available dev on hand and the event that I need to track is fairly simple, by using the visualizer I can create it myself.

I also can't thank their customer success team enough. Super responsive and will help you get to the answers you need to make the best product decisions.

What do you dislike?

I really get frustrated that I can't see a set of reports altogether at once, e.g. a dashboard. It makes it hard to tell a whole story rather than piecing each report one by one.

I primarily use heap to make decisions around our web product offering, including 1. should something be deprecated? 2. should something be built? 3. did we build this right? 4. are people using it? 5. should we intervene?

I have realized that data doesn't have to be scary.

Heap review by <span>Anne M.</span>
Anne M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Important and Complicated

What do you like best?

The custom reports, and the historical views of the data. How I can run and compare reports over time (days weeks months) in one place.

What do you dislike?

The inaccuracies (#s will jump) over time, I record HEAP data daily/weekly/monthly and when I go back to see it I notice there are something slight or LARGE changes in the numbers

I also dislike how easily it is to pull inaccurate information if your report isn't properly defined in many different categories - it's very easy to pull and analyze highly skewed data.

It also seems like some coding abilities would help the reports be built out properly, but as a CSM I have zero coding knowledge

I also had an unpleasant experience with a customer support call in the past, where I was told to "Put a pin in it" at one point. I did, however, have an incredibly pleasant and helpful experience with someone new after that and he helped me out for weeks and really enhanced the accuracy of my reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have HEAP assist you in some sort on onboarding journey - utilize the support if you are not familiar with the service otherwise you can end up pulling very inaccurate numbers

Our product has two features...

1) Research and analysis via email alerts

2) A research technology platform

Our tech platform is valued at 30% compared to our email service, yet we have invested so much in created the platform. Many users are unaware it exists and are pleased to just receive the emails since they contain so much valuable information.

We want to understand what our users value on the site, how to compare it all and where our deficiencies stand.

Learning about Heap?

* We monitor all Heap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.