Heap

Instant, retroactive analytics for web and iOS. No code required.

Work for Heap?

Learning about Heap?

Heap Reviews

Ask Heap a Question
Showing 112 Heap reviews
Heap review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Solved all our analytics problems"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is user-friendly and offers all of our insights in one place. We didn't have to wait days for data like we did with Google Analytics we started seeing data within an hour of installing it on our site.

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to manage different sites our tracking code is installed on. I wish this would improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up and take part in their badge program, it increases your users from 5,000 to 50,000

We are solving our data analytics problems and learning how customers use our site better and quicker with the data collected. We have been able to determine which products to launch and which ones to discontinue. It has also helped us design our site better around how users use our site and services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Heap
Heap review by Justin A.
Justin A.

"A Better Way for Non-Data Scientists to use Abalytics Data to Answer Business Questions"

What do you like best?

Heap is easy to implement, easy to use, and very simple to deploy. It gives the "lay-person", a marketing team member, or business team member who is NOT a tech savvy data scientist the ability to review the most important data, answer questions in a meaningful way that allow meaningful and clear decisions to be made based on data.

What do you dislike?

We only recently started using Heap, in conjunction with Google Analytics, and so far there is nothing we've encountered that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial is not hard to implement or deploy. At the least Heap is well worth the try to see if it's a better solution that enables more informed, data-driven decsions.

The ,main objective in the trial and adoption of Heap was to allow anyone on our team from accounting to sales to business development and HR to easily utilize the data platform to extract relevant and useful insights applicable to their parts of the business, and do so without having to pull people from our tech support, IT, or marketing analyst roles in order to do so. Heap has made this a much more viable process and has saved us a few dozens of hours in people hours over the last 2-3 weeks alone. Additionally, we can be more confident of the decisions we're making about driving the business because we have a clearer picture of our data.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Heap review by Calvin H.
Calvin H.

"It's how we make decisions"

What do you like best?

How granular and specific you can be with your tracking. We can tell exactly how our customers are using the platform based on what they do, not just what they say.

What do you dislike?

Approachability - for more technical users, such as our product team, it's relatively simple to dig into and start culling insights from immediately. For other, less savvy business users (marketing, customer success) there may be a learning curve.

Heap is critical for us to both understand the usage of new platform features, as well as to strategize on aspects of the platform we need to improve. With every product decision we make we now back it with data, it allows us to validate or reject our hypotheses with concrete feedback.

Heap review by Noah H.
Noah H.

"Easy Integration with Lasting Benefits"

What do you like best?

Heap enables one to easily track how customers use one's applications on both the web and mobile. This data is crucial to informing product development and further enhancements. With its ability to easily define user events, one can easily detect how one can better optimize one's product to drive better retention and feature use.

What do you dislike?

Their analytics could be more user-friendly and ML could be used to give proactive feedback on user activities. This isn't crucial but would be immensely valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is certain to deliver valuable data regardless of how deeply you integrate it. Also, if you have investors or managers constantly requesting user metric data, this is an easy way to simplify the gathering and distribution of such information.

Discerning application and UX weak points, and driving better user retention. Another immensely useful feature is the retention graphs with the ability to even generate retention data for individual features. This reporting has helped improve investor relations and let us quantify our growth and progress with ease.

Heap review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"Best analytics tool out there"

What do you like best?

Once upon a time, there were a few names trying to compete in the analytics market; then came Heap and changed everything. They figured out a way to track all the events on your web page without you telling them what to track. That's a game changer. Track first, build your funnel later.

What do you dislike?

I guess one of the few things I would improve is to be able to create an event for a button based on the route that link was clicked in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. Even if you already use another tool, give Heap the chance and implement it along your current analytics tool. It will help a lot.

It's been definitely helpful for improving my funnel. By running experiments I've been able to tweak some texts and button placements and see how they influence the conversion rate.

Heap review by Nouran G.
Nouran G.

"Great tool to have!"

What do you like best?

Heap helps when trying to really dig into user behaviour. It allows for multiple actions, views, clicks, etc. to be grouped and filtered. I especially like the ability to have specific filters to know more about our prospects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data gets funny and we always have to tweak it to get to the final numbers. The best way to get about this is to look across multiple data sources and have a fact check on each and every number you get. Once you find out that things are almost the same, then you can start to relay on it completely. Before, that, it's best to double check the numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Heap, just make sure of the price-value for you.

Data collection and analysis.

Heap review by Alina I.
Alina I.

"Intuitive and Instructional"

What do you like best?

I've used several analytics platforms in the past, and Heap has by far made my job the easiest.

I love their structured query builders and the insights and ideas you get from the builders themselves. As someone who is not super data savvy, this is a god send. Analytics were a frightening beast before I had the chance to use Heap.

If I don't have an available dev on hand and the event that I need to track is fairly simple, by using the visualizer I can create it myself.

I also can't thank their customer success team enough. Super responsive and will help you get to the answers you need to make the best product decisions.

What do you dislike?

I really get frustrated that I can't see a set of reports altogether at once, e.g. a dashboard. It makes it hard to tell a whole story rather than piecing each report one by one.

I primarily use heap to make decisions around our web product offering, including 1. should something be deprecated? 2. should something be built? 3. did we build this right? 4. are people using it? 5. should we intervene?

I have realized that data doesn't have to be scary.

Heap review by Anne M.
Anne M.

"Important and Complicated "

What do you like best?

The custom reports, and the historical views of the data. How I can run and compare reports over time (days weeks months) in one place.

What do you dislike?

The inaccuracies (#s will jump) over time, I record HEAP data daily/weekly/monthly and when I go back to see it I notice there are something slight or LARGE changes in the numbers

I also dislike how easily it is to pull inaccurate information if your report isn't properly defined in many different categories - it's very easy to pull and analyze highly skewed data.

It also seems like some coding abilities would help the reports be built out properly, but as a CSM I have zero coding knowledge

I also had an unpleasant experience with a customer support call in the past, where I was told to "Put a pin in it" at one point. I did, however, have an incredibly pleasant and helpful experience with someone new after that and he helped me out for weeks and really enhanced the accuracy of my reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have HEAP assist you in some sort on onboarding journey - utilize the support if you are not familiar with the service otherwise you can end up pulling very inaccurate numbers

Our product has two features...

1) Research and analysis via email alerts

2) A research technology platform

Our tech platform is valued at 30% compared to our email service, yet we have invested so much in created the platform. Many users are unaware it exists and are pleased to just receive the emails since they contain so much valuable information.

We want to understand what our users value on the site, how to compare it all and where our deficiencies stand.

Heap review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Effective and simple to use - great UX"

What do you like best?

The ability to label anything you want manually is the biggest plus. Typically having to go to the developers asking them to add an item to track in the code is time consuming and restrictive. The ability to find out almost anything I want in Heap by labelling buttons, clicks and page views is amazing and a "why didn't I think of that" idea.

The simplicity of the user interface is also great and allows you to slice and dice the original data in a smart way.

What do you dislike?

There is no analytics platform that is perfect, so it is harsh criticism but it can't do everything easily. Some actions still need to be added in as custom, anything that isn't fixed e.g. profile completion. I have also found some things easier to report elsewhere e.g. Source I find easier from google analytics. I am being picky here though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a basic Wordpress site you may not need Heap and could afford to stick with something like Google Analytics to get broad trends. However you would still be foolish not to as it can help you make more detailed analysis and will future-proof you if you do grow. If you already have a complex system similar to ours, I would highly recommend it!

Heap allows us to be pro-active in our analytics measurement. We are a recruitment and learning platform so there are a lot of variables to keep in mind.

If for example a job isn't receiving many applications you want to know whether it is because the opening tile isn't appealing enough, the job title isn't right, the description of the job, placement of the button or something else.

Heap allows you to become an investigator and label items such as "clicked on the tile" "viewed the page" "clicked apply" and get a sense of where the drop-out is using these 3 as a funnel. Combining Heap with a tool like Lucky Orange which is a cheap way to video/track your users you can get a real sense of where and why users are dropping off.

With this information you can then make recommendations to your clients or tweaks to your product. It is extremely valuable.

Heap review by Lee E.
Lee E.

"HEAP truley delivers and brings great depth of analysis and value to our company."

What do you like best?

The ability to easily bring in data points from other systems using HEAP's API is invaluable to our organization. We can see and interact with data further down the Sales funnel which no other analytics tool has been able to do. Retroactive reporting allows us to focus on delivering the best experience to our users, instead of having to think of every possible reporting scenario and making code changes to achieve them.

What do you dislike?

One of the few things I think HEAP could do better is organizing saved reports, and more reports could give aggregate numbers of the values being shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think long and hard about how much coding and planning would go into another product to achieve what HEAP delivers day one.

We wanted to look at user interactions based on data beyond a simple form conversion. Through intergrations with our CRM and other tools, we can slice up web visitors in many ways further down the Sales funnel.

Heap review by Elise M.
Elise M.

"Such clear product engagement and marketing conversion insight"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull funnel reports in 60 seconds. Before Heap, we were using Google Analytics and creating custom reports. I like how intuitive Heap is; now, without having to rely on someone more tech-savvy to go in and set up a custom report, as I had to do with google analytics, I can go in myself and create reports without a problem.

In today's day and age when marketing teams are pressured more and more to prove ROI with each and every campaign, tools like Heap are invaluable. The fact that they're easy to use makes our entire team hands on with pulling reports for different tracks within marketing: content, events, etc.

What do you dislike?

Easily sharing reports within your team. I wish there was an email share or send to slack integration. It'd also be cool to have a knowledge base or free events where Heap experts on teams like ours (marketing) walk through tips and tricks for setting up reports to prove ROI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put in the effort up front to get yourself familiar with the tabs and user properties, because this is a tool you're find yourself using multiple times a day, every day.

Proving that blog content ties to revenue through trial to paid conversions.

Also investigating product usage to optimize new user onboarding experiences as well as to reduce churn.

Heap review by Anirudh G.
Anirudh G.

"Great tool for Product Managers @ startups"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to setup events. The UI is so easy and intuitive (just click on why you want to track and name it). As a PM, it's been a great tool for me to see how our users are interacting with our web app and to make product decisions based on that.

I also love that everything is tracked regardless of whether you've defined an event for it. This means that any even that ou do create, all the data is retroactively added since Heap tracks it all anyway.

It's great for growing startups because it's very affordable as well.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve to maximize the benefit of all the data that you're collecting is pretty stew. I'm still learning how to define the segments and run reports off of them.

Figuring out how our users are using our web app. The identify API is a plus to uniquely ID who's using the software.

Heap review by Duc N.
Duc N.

"Automatic Event Tracking goes a long way!"

What do you like best?

Heap's automatic event tracking makes implementing this engagement analytics platform a breeze. Once the scripts are on the site, every data point is recorded and stored on Amazon Redshift so when you add an event at a later date, it retroactively pulls the data from when the script was first placed on the page(s). This is a really powerful feature to have if you forget to add events during the onboarding process.

What do you dislike?

The reporting dashboard could use some improvement on since it's not as intuitive as other platforms. This is probably where Kissmetrics has the upper hand since it's easier to dig deeper in their interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The automatic event tracking goes a long way but your team needs to be proactive in defining events and make sure that when pages are rebuilt, old events are mapped to new events since these are defined in Heap using CSS Selectors.

The Visualizer feature makes it very easy to add events to track, which took forever in Google Analytics because we had to get the tech team involved each time.

We are using Heap to figure out which cohorts are staying on longer as subscribers based on their actions pre- and post-login. It's helpful to group together several events to see if there's any correlation to them being long time customers.

This obviously helps us determine which types of content may be influencing users more than others and guides us in our CRO efforts.

Heap review by Gitai B.
Gitai B.

"Easy Implementation, Impossible to Analyze"

What do you like best?

By far, the installation and the ability to track all activity retroactively is the key feature for this product. It does mean that once things are up and running, which requires just one line of JS, you are tracking everything.

What do you dislike?

The ability to analyze is ridiculously bad. I've been doing web analytics for four years now, and I'm pretty good at it. I find that usually the third level of drill down is where you start getting an answer to your question, and Heap just doesn't allow enough in depth analysis. It feels like an overall funnel analysis tool, and its reporting is just so incredibly basic. It was essentially useless for analysis and acts almost as a glorified tag manager. It also doesn't actually record form fields very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just don't do it. If you can't afford a true enterprise analytics system, stick with Google Analytics. If you can, try damn near anything else. I've been unable to set up what I consider basic reporting.

This was an attempt to be able to do more in depth tracking of funnels and product optimization, but it's been bad enough that we're just stripping it out. We were hoping that it would be a suitable, enterprise level replacement for Adobe Analytics, but at the end of the day, it was a disappointment and we decided on Adobe Analytics instead.

Heap review by Stephen J.
Stephen J.

"The Best Analytics Platform Out There"

What do you like best?

I've used many analytics tools for years now. What I like best about Heap is how fast I can build insightful funnel graphs with ease and accuracy. This allows me to do landing page optimization more effectively – delivering better results for my clients. I also use their API for tracking certain custom events that allow me to more effectively measure visitor engagement.

What do you dislike?

Hmm... I'm not really sure. I have yet to find anything I don't really like about Heap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Their Visualizer tool makes tracking events a breeze. Once you get the hang of structuring your account(s), campaigns, combined and singular events, then it's off to the races with funnel optimization (with segmentation).

Conversion rate optimization for clients. More conversions.

Heap review by David M.
David M.

"Nice backend, fiddly setup"

What do you like best?

The backend of the product is quite nice. The list view allowing us to drill down and see both custom and raw events per user is very cool.

What do you dislike?

We setup heap, mixpanel, calq, google analytics and sentry to trial various metrics/reporting. They all have similar API/SDK calls but heap ended up being the hardest to integrate by far due to its unnecessarily opinionated JS snippet making it incompatible with tools like the Google Closure compiler in clojurescript.

Every other reporting tool supported setting their lib as a dependency in :foreign-libs but because of the very exact way the user ID and order of loading/calling functions in the heap snippet, this was not possible.

Early stage startup looking for metrics to help develop product and grow customer base. We setup pirate metrics, but haven't been using the product long enough to get much benefit.

Heap review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Game-changing analytics"

What do you like best?

Retroactive analytics implemented with the visualizer lets Product and Marketing analyze any in-app behavior without using Dev time.

What do you dislike?

Can be tricky to get events defined correctly sometimes, but that might be because of our CSS. Corollary analysis is time consuming. It'd be great to see what events have highest correlation with certain behaviors and then be able to explore those in more detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though you can through Heap out there to track anything and everything retroactively, planning around key events, behaviors, success measurement is key to getting the most out of Heap.

We're able to understand how our customers use our app so we can make data-based decisions related to customer behavior and feature utilization. We also use Heap to set goals and measure success for product launches so we can demonstrate the impact of our product enhancements

Heap review by Duraid S.
Duraid S.

"Great tool for understanding user behaviour"

What do you like best?

Heap helps me track every step of the customer's journey. I love the events visualizer feature and I also frequently look at our funnels.

What do you dislike?

It's not the easiest to setup and use but at the end of the day, all analytics tools tend to have a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend it. You can try it for free to see if it's a good fit for your company.

Helps us visualize our users' journey and behavior.

Heap review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great insights into user behavior"

What do you like best?

The reporting builder is easy to use and provides great insights. Also, that when you add a new behavior, you still get the historical insight; you're not restricting to data that occurs only after you've created that event.

What do you dislike?

Some of our buttons and links were difficult to set up (web based) and required a lot of testing to verify that the event was tied to the correct behavior. It would be great if the event tracking (including RAW events) was accessible at the time of event creation so you could create and test an event at the same time.

I'm using Heap to track user behavior in my web-based SAAS product. It's been very helping in building reports and challenging my assumptions about user behaviors.

Heap review by Mateusz C.
Mateusz C.

"Great and simple tool!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of this tool is amazing. You can map events on your website without any coding or knowledge of programming.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I haven't found things that I really dislike. It's doing what it suppose to do very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool that helps to measure conversion rates of your customers actions on your website, HeapAnalytics stands out as a simple tool that can do it all.

Finding out how many visitors are reaching specific parts of the website and doing events. Conversion ratio measuring with this tool is really simple.

Heap review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Heap empowers me to make data-driven decisions"

What do you like best?

The best part of Heap is the Visualizer, the point-and-click ability to define events and to retrieve data retroactively.

What do you dislike?

At times, you're not always able to get the events you would like using the point-and-click event defining. One scenario is a drop down menu, it's not always consistent there.

I don't love how the data is define as well. When I set a custom date in a table form, I'd like to see the total numbers for that custom date, now how Heap has it segmented (which requires me to add the numbers)

We've embarked on a rewrite of our main product. We've been using Heap to understand what features are being used and with what regularity to prioritize and cut features in our new produt

Heap review by Gregory A.
Gregory A.

"In a crowded field, Heap stands out as the analytics platform that truly understands their customers"

What do you like best?

Heap is remarkably easy to use. We exposed Heap to a few non-technical business analysts, all with zero prior experience in web analytics. In a matter of weeks, not only had they taught themselves how to use the software, but they were actually discovering valuable, actionable, and impactful insights through Heap. Plenty of software is easy to use; Heap makes it easy to bring value to your business.

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement surrounding how they communicate their pricing. Right now, the only two pricing options are "Free" and "Contact Us".

Recommendations to others considering the product

NHeap is incredibly easy to install, and very easy to get started. They have a free trial, so I would recommend at least giving it a chance. Once you copy and paste the installation code onto your site, that's it - no more coding knowledge required to use the product. Give it a try!

In addition to the standard business problems typically addressed by web analytics (conversions, churn, etc), we also wanted to leverage Heap on a single internal product to demonstrate the value of a web analytics capability at an organizational level. In practice, this meant that many of our potential Heap users would have no prior experience with web analytics. Heap's retroactive analysis capabilities gave us a huge advantage here. As we learned new tactics and skills, we were able to immediately apply them in Heap and see their impact over all historical data, not just new data generated after the implementation date.

Additionally, since we were leveraging Heap on internal-only tools, these tools had relatively small user numbers. Most web analytics platforms are designed to provide insights at an aggregate level, meaning that the insights are only valuable with large traffic numbers. Heap's user-level insights allowed us to get the same level of intelligence from ten users as we would from ten thousand.

Heap review by George H.
George H.

"Can't recommend highly enough"

What do you like best?

Heap gives us the ability to see how our customers are using our iOS app, and our website, with fantastic clarity. Creating filters is very simple and intuitive, as are funnels and reports generally.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can think of, that I dislike about Heap

Fine tuning out iOS app and our website so that customers find it as easy to use as possible, and we can be sure that they're seeing the full picture about our services

Heap review by Olga A.
Olga A.

"Very insightful tool"

What do you like best?

That it is so much easier to use than Google Analytics. For an all-rounder marketer like me it's such a relief, because I simply have no time to study Google Analytics in depth, i.e. every time I need some data it's like a several-hours ordeal. I haven't been using Heap for long yet, but I'm already greatly impressed by it.

What do you dislike?

Well, nothing really yet. I'd wish, though, that they had tutorial videos at hand, right inside the dashboard, preferably under each section. They do offer tutorial videos, don't get me wrong, but unless you access them from a newsletter, you need to look for them somewhere on the website or in the dashboard, and I have no clue where to look for them at the moment, to be honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, just give it a try:) You'll be amazed, I'm sure.

Finding out who visits our website, how often and what their route is in an easier and faster way than with Google Analytics. We were also looking for a tool that can be easily understood and used by several colleagues, not just the ones who are responsible for analytics.

Heap review by Jasper K.
Jasper K.

"Best and most user friendly analytics suite"

What do you like best?

I especially like visualizer and the funnel feature. Helps me breakdown the conversion of each stage of the funnel and see which channels have the highest conversion.

What do you dislike?

I think the list view of users can be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heap is easy to deploy ,even easier to setup and has a very low learning curve. The reporting interface is great has some really great user experience and is very customization. Switch to heap if you plan to have non-technical staff doing data analytics and pulling reports from your analytics software.

Trying to increase conversion and decrease the bounce rate and since starting using Heap at the beginning of this year, conversion is up by 23% while the bounce rate is down by 18%

Heap review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Great for marketing funnel analytics"

What do you like best?

I was about to deploy another event-based analytics app when a coworker told me to check out Heap. I set it up quickly and was really surprised at the depth available, and loved the ability to reconfigure events or create them later and still have them populated with historical data. It's now core to how we manage our team and campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Nothing significant. Their support team is usually very responsive, and they have consistently rolled out new features and made them available to us over our six months of usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a generous free tier, so try out a basic implementation and see it for yourself.

We primarily use it for marketing analytics through the funnel and into product usage.

Heap review by Ricky F.
Ricky F.

"Powerful metrics at your finger tips"

What do you like best?

Heap's ability to quickly create events without legacy tracking, then using those events in funnels and/or graphs to get a true understanding what your customers are doing within the app are essential to good development.

What do you dislike?

That I can't graph or funnels events with relative dates. Say user signs up and does things within 30 days of signing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It is simple and effective. It will take some time to truly get the benefit of the data as analytics does take some finesse but Heap is there as the perfect side kick.

Heap provides the product team a clear insight into our customers behaviours so that we can better plan future features and remove stagnate one.s

Heap review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Very good insight in how users behave inside your application"

What do you like best?

Creating funnels, seeing where users drop-out. Creating custom events.

What do you dislike?

At least in the beginning you could not (as a user) participate to multiple projects with the same email address.

We use it to track customer behaviour in an HTML5 webapp where users can buy roadside assistance. Thanks to the data in heap we managed to improve multiple times our app leading to better sales. By comparing week by week the same sales funnel you can track and measure your progress. Custom events are powerfull and also allow to send custom data.

Heap review by Anton E.
Anton E.

"Great analytics software"

What do you like best?

Really like the blend between simplicity and power. If you're stuck using Google Analytics this will really help you. As a marketer it's great to not have to ask the dev team to make each new event, I can simply create it in Heap myself.

What do you dislike?

Some better per session analysis would be great, like "What did people who did X in any subsequent session, do in their first session?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't fullt bought into Mixpanel I can recommend looking into Heap. If you're only using Google Analytics, definitely go for it!

Easy to set up and once it's rolling it's a great tool to have. We use it for our SAAS business.

Heap review by Bhavya A.
Bhavya A.

"Easy to install and very useful to understand user behavior"

What do you like best?

The best thing about heap was, it was very easy to setup. We are an early stage SAAS product and it is very important for us to understand user behavior and conversion funnels. Heap lets us track all of that without having to set up a lot of events individually.

What do you dislike?

Can't say I dislike, but I would like to see some best practices to be able to track metrics. I am not sure, how easy it would be to visualize this data as our numbers grow and in terms of understanding a cumulative behavior.

It would also be nice, when i login to the app to show some default reports, which will also help me understand the power of the product.

We are an early stage SAAS product (www.zipboard.co) with customers worldwide. At any stage of your product, it is important to understand where your users are clicking, scrolling, converting or bouncing off. Heap lets us do all of that. It lets us validate some of our workflows etc by watching the user behavior etc.

Heap review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Seamless and easy to use"

What do you like best?

A seamless 5min instalation and the track everything apporach leaves me with great peace of mind that Im not missing anything!

What do you dislike?

They do offer a free tier, which can go up to 50k sessions if you put their badge on your site. However, as long as you pass this threshold, the minimum plan is 15k a year which is quite steep rise for us.

At thils level, we could only add heap to some of our pages. If they had more gradual pricing, we would for sure consider using them for other pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using heap eill make your analysis simple and fast.

Having worked previsouly with traditional analytics platforms like flurry and ga, I know one the hardest things is to have to define upfront the events you want to track only to later find out that you should have tracked sthg else along to hve a good insightful and actionable diagnosis.

Heap lets me find out those caveats without too much thought at the beggining.

Heap review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Super easy to setup and use. Responsive team makes up for occasional bugs. "

What do you like best?

Going from 0 to 1 is incredibly easy. As a mildly technical product manager, I was able to get heap running in minutes and tracking most of what we cared about in a few hours.

Additionally, their free plan is very generous which has helped us (a young startup) get off the ground and experiment.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional issues with how Heap creates, identifies, and tracks user sessions. In a few instances, these were a major problem, but the heap team was very responsive and able to get us what we needed in those cases. Day to day, we accept that heap's numbers are fuzzing about 3-5% of our user sessions (calling one user two or missing a session). This does mean that we can't use heap for very fine grain analysis, but we still trust it for general trends, user numbers, and picking apart individual user sessions.

The biggest benefit was testing the conversion rate of our early sign up flows and optimizing the different screens we present to users. We've also used it for ad words tracking, minor system health monitoring (by way of tracking user facing error screens), and for identifying sticking points in our user experience.

Heap review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Crucial insights for a small product which got an unexpected 50k uniques in a day"

What do you like best?

The fact that it track all actions done by an user is huge.

A lot of the times you have no idea, ahead of the time, of what you want to track.

We found out a lot of details about our users, even days after they visited the site, based on queries we thought about later.

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit more user friendly in terms of presentation, a lot of the features are a bit hard to find, and a lot of the options in the left-hand side soudn the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend some time to understand everything in the UX, if you're not a pure digital marketing person.

Understand the flow of users for a product which was unexpectedly featured in national media and got a lot of traffic in one day. We were scrambling the find out the usage pattern of our users in order to know what to prioritize on the spot (i.e better mobile experience or more filtering features ? etc)

Heap review by Renan L.
Renan L.

"Heap - Easy way to track your analytics"

What do you like best?

Heap is better at giving you a fast experience at Analytics. While Mixpanel you have to track all parts of the System that you want to track, Heap gives us a automatic capture.

Also the layout is pretty, and uses graphs to show some detailhs.

What do you dislike?

I think they should have more tools to deal with the Big Data stuff and also to contact your users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you can, we had to decide faster and that is why we used Mixpanel.

If you do not want to worry about your captures, give it a try

I am solving trying to detect what a user do in my application, so I need ways to get some info.

Heap review by Chang C.
Chang C.

"Retroactive analysis!"

What do you like best?

Retroactive analysis with no tracking code implemented! We had situations when we had a question in mind, but only found that we didn't track that key piece of data to answer the question. Heap is here to solve the issue.

What do you dislike?

1. Our app iterates rapidly and we need to redefine some events in heap every time, because our component moved around. I almost feel like the time we saved on implementing the tracking code is the spending here redefining the events.

2. Became pricy when you ask for data export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Retroactive analysis with no tracking code implemented! But the truth is when our app changed we need to redefine some of the events.

I suggest use the GA or whatever as the main tracking, while keep Heap as back up when you need some retroactive analysis.

Heap also becomes expensive when you ask for data exporting.

Retroactive analysis! We had situations when we had a question in mind, but only found that we didn't track that key piece of data to answer the question. Heap is here to solve the issue.

Heap review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Its a great tool for quick analytics across the firm!"

What do you like best?

Ease of usage and excellent support! Also, they have been building some cool features which further adds up to our use case specifically as we are a B2B company.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. They could possibly add some more advanced funnels and path analysis to better up their UI.

Also, it would be useful to have Heap SQL as a part of the UI where all SQL files could be stored and shared across the team, and the code be run on the UI!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool to democratize analytics across the board!

High speed product analytics at scale across the company and then easy sharing of results!

Heap review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"The analytics platform that helps you dive deep into your data"

What do you like best?

Being able to use the event visualizer, set up funnels, and work with a fantastic team makes Heap Analytics the full package. Going from a more basic analytics tool to Heap changed the way I analyze data and make decisions.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a HubSpot integration, but I know that is coming soon.

We're able to now make data-backed decisions on ways to improve our website.

Heap review by Chih C.
Chih C.

"Delivers on value prop, but actual UX needs work"

What do you like best?

The best thing about HEAP is the value prop. Being able to run analytics on questions that we come up with after the fact has been very useful/life-saving. Not only has this been useful, but not having to install specific event firing tags on specific areas has also saved a lot of our dev resources.

What do you dislike?

When working with more events and reports the UI becomes unmanageable. While it's a powerful tool, the reality is that people will have many hundreds of events to track. Managing 100+ events in HEAP is hard because there's no grouping or inherit organization. It's just one big list of items with the ability to search by text. Unless your team has specific nomenclature for tagging events and reports, be careful of scaling with HEAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're organized and have nomenclature down for tracking events and reports.

We needed to know what people do in our software and were continually iterating on our product so we were unsure as to all the questions we wanted to ask. Therefore, we needed a tool that could have historical data and HEAP met our needs at the time.

Heap review by User in Internet

"The metrics we've been looking for, in a clear way."

What do you like best?

The setup (Define) is clear and creating new custom events is a breeze for even the less experienced team members.

The Retention graph is what we've been looking for for quite some time now and have not been able to create reliable ones until now.

Adding the main action and then one or more return actions is also a game changer when looking for valuable data about your users and their activity patterns.

What do you dislike?

Getting the most accurate results from the reports takes a bit of fine-tuning. However, once you do so, you can get some amazing insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone interested in Growth should be setting up Heap and then looking at the right things, right away.

Analysing different metrics is now easier. We're also able to identify much faster what the impact of existing features (or any changes on them) is and which users are affected the most.

Exploring different retention maps and graphs has also offered us valuable information and we were able to spot problem areas, but also highly used modules that were not running according to how high their usage was.

Heap review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"Good for quick visualization of simple data points"

What do you like best?

Heap makes it easy to view simple data points by defining events that happen on your website. They also have very strong support for a free product.

What do you dislike?

Their reporting leaves much to be desired in terms of layering data and other limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chart.io, Looker

We use Heap to view funnels of how users navigate through our app, which has helped us identify dropoff points.

Heap review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy setup and great ROI"

What do you like best?

Setting up Heap to track events on my landing page was really easy. There was no need to track numerous events through manual javascript events. Heap allows you to add one JS snippet, and add events through their UI. I primarily use the list report to have a chronological list of visitors and their events.

What do you dislike?

There are a few spots in the app/admin where you can get logged out and not know it until you do a full app refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to go all the way through set up to evaluate the product, however, the setup to anyone with a little bit of development is easy and painless!

I am tracking events on my landing page to further optimize providing the customer the information they need to make an informed decision about signing up.

Heap review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Nice additional to GA for event tracking"

What do you like best?

Retroactive tracking on all web events (interactions); it is a lot easier than GA to track events, it's probably the easiest platform i have ever use to answer simple questions like how many clicks does that button get?

it can get very granular depending how you name your css and UTMs.

It was nice to connect with other tools which is a pain with GA.

What do you dislike?

No native source/medium functionality and bounced rate/ time-on-page from GA. Google does makes those metrics very easily to understand and embed to our marketing brains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say I only use half of the product on web, mobile tracking is probably the other biggest pain point Heap solves

Tracking events and give more insights to web design and conversion funnel on B2B business

Heap review by User in Internet

"Heap is a Fantastic Analytics Product!"

What do you like best?

I've used several analytics products and heap was hands down the best one. It was definitely one of the most usable & valuable tools in our workflow. As an sales associate, I could quickly look at the data and get a full picture of my conversions.

What do you dislike?

The UI could have used some work. Heap has great data, but definitely go for the Heap SQL package and analyze data in your own BI tool. It's been a while since I've used it, so they may have made updates since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free trial!

Heap provided me with the data I needed to move fast and iterate quickly. This was very important when trying to optimize my sales cycles and sell more goods.

Heap review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Heap is a "

What do you like best?

Heap tracks all events on your website or app, which makes it very handy to go through to see all the interactions user have had with your product.

What do you dislike?

The reporting on Heap (without Heap SQL) is quite limited. Exporting data to do custom analysis is also quite limited.

Would like to see Heap to build out analysis tools similar to what Amplitude Compass & Amplitude Pathfinder have. Heap has the data, they just don't have the reporting functionality compared to some of the leading analytics tools on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something basic for analytics, use Heap. If you need something more advanced and don't want to pay for Heap SQL, then this is not the right product for you.

Tracking events automatically for website & app.

Heap review by Bill N.
Bill N.

"3PAK Feedback"

What do you like best?

Seems like a really powerful tool where we can get data from individual user actions. I like the dashboard and layout; setting up some standard reports allow us to quickly look at key performance measures.

What do you dislike?

It didn't take long for my guys to set up high level reports, but know one really wanted to tackle in depth stuff like user residence time and individual data collection. I also would like to run reports on sub domains but unsure if thats possible. I think with any "new" product (maybe just new to us), the software has power tools but not many power users?

My business is centered around providing interactive experiences through games; I need to demonstrate that my users are in the app for prolonged periods of time.

Heap review by Roger H.
Roger H.

"Heap automates marketing analytics and makes it absurdly easy to find and share insights"

What do you like best?

I hated having to retroactively set GA events every time we wanted to unearth a new insight. Heap automates data collection and makes sure I have the data to back my discoveries before they even happen.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how confined Heap is when it comes to defining events -- it'd be great to have it be more open-ended.

I'm working on increasing revenue at Springboard, and now that we have data from Heap, I'm able to very finely track the output of our content and how it relates to revenue.

Heap review by User in Internet

"Grea user-level analytics with Heap"

What do you like best?

Heap provides great user-level analytics, the data loads very fast, it gives the ability to send custom events via API and they offer quick and helpful customer support.

What do you dislike?

The UI takes a while to get used to and is not super intuitive at first. There have been a few outages/ data latency issues but customer service is usually quick to respond when there are issues or questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for user-level analytics (which for example Google Analytics doesn't provide).

We use Heap to learn more about our users, especially in terms of which paths our users take across the site. Heap has helped us better understand where our users convert and drop off.

Heap review by Azhar B.
Azhar B.

"Simple onboarding "

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Heap is how incredibly easy it was to hook in events using their visualizer tool

What do you dislike?

I wish HeapSQL was free. It would really improve my chances of buying a paid solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting started is the easiest part of the process so do that quickly but don't expect to be able to start crunching reports in trial version. You'll have to pay for that test.

Trying to get an idea of what factors cause people to not buy from an e-commerce store.

Heap review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Solid product and good customer service"

What do you like best?

The best things about Heap is its ability to automatically gather all user events on a web page. Also their customer service has always been excellent.

What do you dislike?

SQL access requires the top tier subscription. In Mixpanel, their JQL querying is available for all tiers, even the free one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we strated using Heap in H2 of 2015, it looked like it was beating Mixpanel. After that Mixpanel has released new features and refined their pricing model. At the moment (Dec 2016) I would probably go for Mixpanel if I could start from scratch.

We wanted to see what visitors and users are doing on web page and dashboard. With Heap we can see their actions and define, for example, the most used features.

Heap review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Great web analytics!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to view funnels, and chain of events, or use a chain of events as a single "event" to track...the snapshot feature is also awesome! Also the user data - the path the users take is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I wish we could get more built in data such as screen resolution.

I would really like to be able to select a starting event and heap brings up the most common chain of events afterwards that users do - for example "All users that click register" what is the most popular actions they do after, and after that etc. As well as see "All users who didn't retain" what was their chain of actions.

User retention and engagement.

Heap review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Heap helped me get useful insights on my first day of using it"

What do you like best?

You only need to install one script and are able to define goals and funnels easily via their web tool.

I have a lot of experience having to wire event handling code from Google Analytics and other platforms to web and server side events, and it's a turnoff to go through all of that. Eventually analytics just becomes an after thought.

But with Heap, you can implement in a fraction of the time and get insights immediately

What do you dislike?

Heap is a great tool and brings tremendous value. I have not found anything I disliked so far.

User onboarding, converting site visitors to sign ups, monitoring feature usage

Heap review by Jeffrey W.
Jeffrey W.

"Simple and effective analysis!"

What do you like best?

As co-founder of a bootstrapped startup, our small team needed a free and easy to implement solution to learn more about the user activity within our application. We were already using Segment to capture server-side activity for other purposes, so setting up the integrated connection to Heap was a breeze. We added a handful of additional web page events and we couldn't be happier. Thanks Heap!

What do you dislike?

There are currently no mathematical functions to sum or average usage stats. It is easy to export to a spreadsheet format, but built in capabilities would be appreciated.

We found a free and easy to implement solution that told us exactly how often certain web page events and server-side activities were executed, all without getting a developer involved. We can now make informed decisions of where to focus our continued development.

Heap review by Bart B.
Bart B.

"Heap catches everything so that you don't have to"

What do you like best?

I feel a degree of peace knowing that Heap is capturing all of the events on my client's lead capture and ecommerce websites. Heap eliminates the problem of not necessarily having everything properly instrumented when you find a web issue. Given this, sometimes trying to interpolate data to understand a result can be both time consuming and frustrating. Heap makes it increible easily to define a desired event funnel and understand how it's performing in real time. Suddenly you know exactly where your cart processes excel or where they can stand to be improved. I've been using the product a short time, but I've been amazed at what I've been able to rapidly discover.

What do you dislike?

It would be super helpful if Heap was more suggestive about key website events to track and if it made it easy to understand all prior and post events that could potentially be related to an event funnel. Reporting also needs folders or some type of more structured organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Heap a try. Define some events. Create some funnels. Learn a lot.

I'm looking to optimize shopping cart yields and marketing programs. Heap makes it super easy to understand where people are dropping off in any multistep process on your site. Once you know where the greatest challenge is, you know where to focus your website testing to drive the best possible outcome.

Heap review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"An analytics tool that makes pulling behavioral data easy for anyone"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Heap makes it to define, view events and pull behavioral data, all without making code changes. It's pretty intuitive and lets you see data in aggregate and on a per-session/user level.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be extremely slow when creating funnels or pulling a list of sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend heap. If possible, the person or people defining events should understand some HTML/CSS/Javascript so that they can be confident of the data they're being pulled.

Heap has made analyzing user behavior accessible to everyone in our organization. Before Heap, only staff who spent time learning Google Analytics would be able to pull this kind of data. It also give us the flexibility to track whatever we need, even retroactively!

Heap review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"the platform surfaces better data than GA or Omniture but doesn't have a great way of pulling it out"

What do you like best?

The funnel visualization report is very helpful and if I need specific information about a prospect and every unique data point about that visitor, that information is available. I also really like the graphs report and the ability to look at pathing data - CVR between users who saw X and the CVR between users who saw Y. That's very helpful information when you're trying to stand up remarketing streams or sequential data.

What do you dislike?

This is especially true in the funnels report, which I use every day. If you are looking to filter the data by identity, say for new customers, there is no way to export a report of all users who fall into that bucket. Heap will show the first 70 or so rows and then you have to change your data frames to list all the line items that do not show up on page one. It's a massive time suck when you are looking to put a list together. At the very least, they should have page 1, 2, 3 etc. and it would be nice to have a report you could export. This is a serious limitation with the problem.

Pulling pathing data, understanding user behavior, funnel visualizations, looking at CVR of multiple pages, looking at various click-paths

Heap review by User in Internet

"Heap's flexible analytics platform has been massively helpful"

What do you like best?

You don't need to necessarily have your entire funnel planned out in advance to use heap. They track everything so you can retroactively change your funnel and still get historical data. This is really useful because as a start up we don't necessarily always know exactly what we want to track. With most other platforms you need to define this in advance.

What do you dislike?

The loading times for some of the reports are a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try... It is so much more flexible than other solutions we have seen.

We solely use heap for our web analytics and it's given us a lot of insight into our users/conversions metrics/pages etc.

Heap review by Arielle S.
Arielle S.

"Actionable insights "

What do you like best?

I can see exactly what someone did on our site, and what brought them in, how long they stayed, and more.

What do you dislike?

Not good with attribution. No centralized dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wanted a centralized dashboard, they don't have this. But you can get nitty gritty with individuals users.

Get people to convert once they get to our website -- see what content engages them the most. now I know what pieces to optimize.

Heap review by Brett D.
Brett D.

"Heap Review"

What do you like best?

The interface and ease of use is great. Very easy to navigate and read.

What do you dislike?

I've worked with better behavioral analytics platforms in terms of content and recording.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do all the tutorials because it's really beneficial to master the platform before you use it

I've used Heap as a tool to try and get a glimpse into the audiences for the different products that we market

Heap review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Heap is great for tracking metrics retroactively but is expensive if you exceed their free plan"

What do you like best?

I'm not always sure what exactly I want to track when I launch a product feature. Right out of the box Heap tracks every interaction so I can retroactively report on user interactions with my product.

What do you dislike?

Their enterprise level pricing is cost prohibitive when you exceed the number of sessions per month on their free plan.

Being able to track events retroactively is incredibly important since business metrics change, and I don't lose data since Heap tracks everything.

Heap review by Julie Anne D.
Julie Anne D.

"Great analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Heap helps us track the path each visitor takes on our website from entry to exit and time on each page.

What do you dislike?

Searching and reporting is ok but could be a bit easier to use. Some of the search criteria isn't intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this tool in addition to others like Google Analytics and Hubspot

Heap helps us understand how visitors interact with our website so we can develop content and page flows that meet their needs better.

Heap review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great insight and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to really understand what individual users are doing in addition to being able to uncover broad trends and patterns. Heap makes it easy to identify most popular pages and common behaviors of our users both on our website and within our product.

What do you dislike?

The current way individual behavior is laid out can take a very long time to go through in order to find a specific event.

It really allows us to figure out true marketing attribution which has been a real pain at previous companies I've worked at to accurately assess.

Heap review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"I don't want to use Google Analytics anymore"

What do you like best?

The intuitiveness, retroactive tracking,, and the ability to easily setup funnels and events without needing to update the code.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to make dashboards, and I think a better use of the majority of the reports screen would be if it actually represented the reports there, rather than take you back to that specific reports page from the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you think out your category and event naming conventions for better organization.

tracking detailed ecommerce user interactions and flows.

Heap review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"The best analytics tool available"

What do you like best?

Heap tracks everything that every user does and stores it in a format that is efficient and effective for querying and answering important usage questions. You can also ship custom events like you do with traditional analytics software. Each feature we deploy is automatically tracked, which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

On the free plan I cannot export my data, but that is understandable!

This is how we know the breadth and depth of usage of our product. We can prioritize where to spend our resources by knowing what is being adopted and what is not, and by who. It makes being a PM easier.

Heap review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"Heap for a Growing SaaS Company"

What do you like best?

The funnel builder and visualizer in Heap is incredibly easy to use -- it's as simple as point, click, and track.

What do you dislike?

I wish Heap would provide more best practices. I know I'm getting value from Heap, but I'm sure there's something I'm not doing.

We're looking to map user action to user retention, ultimately identifying the trends and patterns that make our customers successful.

Heap review by KahWee T.
KahWee T.

"Really helpful to see how users navigate the site"

What do you like best?

Heap is easy to use and lets product managers make decisions better. Heap also has a friendly pricing model.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! Heap has been pretty useful for the team.

We installed that for Product managers to understand how users are understanding the workflow in the web application. It lets you follow which pages the users viewed to achieve their work. With that data we design better dashboards to show what users want to see most.

Heap review by Morgan C.
Morgan C.

"Awesome extra data lens for click activity"

What do you like best?

Easy to tag actions that are most interesting to you, also easy and intuitive report builder.

What do you dislike?

I lean on Heap for micro interaction monitoring, but gathering macro, aggregate data can be challenging. Their team is awesome at helping out and getting creative, but there are some limitations.

Understanding content consumption, micro conversions, leading to larger conversion events, to inform our website content strategy.

Heap review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Dead simple analytics"

What do you like best?

Being able to install immediately and worry about events later is great for rapidly prototyping funnels and conversion optimization experiments.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it could record revenue events and store is against user data. Also, I would like to be able to sort users in a more intuitive fashion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty low risk to give it a try. Not having to define events saves a lot of time, and I recommend installing Heap before putting in more powerful tools like KissMetrics or Mixpanel, and before defining events in Google Analytics.

Determining where people are falling out of the customer journey.

Heap review by Patrick E.
Patrick E.

"Captures Everything"

What do you like best?

I love being able to track an event and get all the historical data, not just from that point forward.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an easier way to track events that a user did a certain period of time after completing another defined event.

I have been able to gain insight into any user action, and it's impact our business.

Heap review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Heap is very full featured and fairly easy to use once you get up to speed. As more of an end user (opposed to someone who integrates it), I am able to drive into data quickly and get the information I need.

What do you dislike?

I think the onboarding/training aspect could be a little better. It was a little rough getting used to everything; however, now that I have it figured out, it's pretty easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have dedicated developers to get it set up and integrated. Designate a master user to become very familiar with the software and champion the lower experience level users.

I am using this to analyze user behavior and usage trends in order to help onboarding efforts in our own software as well as focus development on features used most heavily.

Heap review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use, makes tracking users across multiple domains and subdomains a breeze"

What do you like best?

I like that we're able to track users' flow through our site and on landing pages across multiple domains without any major pain. Thanks to Heap we're able to see how users flow between our site, reach landing pages, and submit forms which helps us identify areas where there's friction and optimize accordingly.

What do you dislike?

For someone who isn't technical, there's a bit of a learning curve in understanding how the tool works. That being said, the learning curve isn't as difficult to bridge as that of other similar solutions.

We started using Heap as a means to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns across multiple domains. We've found that it's more useful/easy-to-use than attempting to use GA for this, though we still use GA to cross reference and ensure heap is being tracked correctly.

Heap review by Rickert M.
Rickert M.

"I didn't know somthing like heap existed and now I can't live without it."

What do you like best?

Not having to deploy code to track new events and the ability to perform new queries on historical data.

What do you dislike?

Defining events through the visualiser can be a bit buggy and requires me to refine them manually afterwards.

We've been able to tell what features clients use most and what parts of the site needs work.

Heap review by Kody M.
Kody M.

"So far, the product has been quite solid and the CS has been great!"

What do you like best?

I think the Customer Service is what stands out the most for me. Always willing and ready to answer questions and respond swiftly!

What do you dislike?

I little limited with the 'sort by group'

Our app is basically a select number of user flows. We really are using Heap to ensure the path of least resistance.

Heap review by Adi T.
Adi T.

"Eye opening visibility into user actions with your products"

What do you like best?

Auto tracking of all events; the ability to add events through visualizer, creating funnels.

What do you dislike?

I wish you had the ability to run experiments. It would be a dream!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend Heap. It logs every event / interaction users have with your product. You can get visibility into segments, funnels, cohorts and optimizing your users' experience. I'd be flying bling without Heap.

Improving UX, optimizing funnels.

Heap review by Dharmesh P.
Dharmesh P.

"Heap analytics and tagging experience"

What do you like best?

Easy and intuitive query build for detail view and rollup view on events that are related to web, app, visitor and medium channels.

What do you dislike?

The Reports and Dashboards are subpar on the reports and is very cumbersome to export the data/reports effeciently

Conversion optimization, product and features testing, user engagement and retention

Heap review by Pawan D.
Pawan D.

"Powerful analytics to measure product usage. Easy to Install."

What do you like best?

Easy to install with very detailed reporting on specific users and events. We can also define our own attributes on events which makes this incredibly powerful to slice and dice the data.

What do you dislike?

Biggest dislike is the lack of an API. They have a SQL-like API that is at a much much higher price. Instead, I wrote my own code to pull data from the existing internal REST API.

Some intermittent data quality issues.

Monitoring customer product usage for customer success.

Measuring feature adoption for product management.

Heap review by Abdurashid A.
Abdurashid A.

"Most effective user-based analytics solution with no features limitation and a friendly pricing tier"

What do you like best?

Its simplicity, scope, flexibility and total cost of ownership. Having spent over a month with Mixpanel in an effort to get something out of it and get use to how it works, it has led to many frustrations and lost opportunities due to complexity of the app and poor support provided. So when I found Heap, it felt like a great joy and relief as it quickly won my heart and mind. What I was struggling with over a month with the other tool, I was able to accomplish with Heap in just few mins. The automatic event tracking, retroactive event modifications and a super complete and friendly individual user based reporting was a real show opener for Heap and stopper for Mixpanel.

The other best thing about Heap is its fair but also very generous pricing tier which only varies by number of visits and traffic size without sacrificing on features. Even such easy to use analytics tools require some time to get used to and organise them in the best form relevant to your website or app, so it's great to have that room available until you're fully comfortable with it and while your traffic is increased and scaled gradually as a result, you're happy to invest in it further and with more confidence in it with along with your ROI expectations.

What do you dislike?

As a user of Heap for less than year now, there is still nothing that I could say I "dislike" but I'd greatly appreciate if it becomes even more easier to manage and organise your defined events when used with multiple domains. rather than displaying all events in a combined list, it would make life even easier if it includes some additional extended and greyed out descriptions on to which domain or property those events belong to, so you can spot them easier and apply accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heap is great fit for those small businesses who wish to better understand their existing audience experience on their app and grow their traffic. It is also great for large businesses with high traffic websites who wish to use Heap (as a Mixpanel alternative) for better optimising their online channels and maximising their effectiveness.

While tracking multiple separate three domains that are all interrelated to each-other in some other way, Heap is helping us to better understand our small traffic users behavior where we have the comfort of measuring things on individual user levels. We also use GA but with our current lower traffic, the aggregated data provide us with little actionable insights and that's where we greatly benefit from Heap.

Heap review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy and Effectice Platform"

What do you like best?

Not having to worry about setting up funnels or tracking beforehand, to be able to figure out things retroactively whenever the curiosity arrives.

What do you dislike?

Something that can be improved: the Event visualizer doesn't load on wordpress default login and registration forms. That may be because the header with tracking script is not being loaded on those pages - not a dislike but something that might need to be noted.

Tracking conversions and seperating with UTM sources is a breeze.

Heap review by Administrator in Tobacco
Administrator in Tobacco

"Analitics at new level"

What do you like best?

all data are stored from beging and i can use them later

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is slow but they have such a lot of data that its normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is realy something more then google analitics

I can analyze customers flow on my site.

Heap review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"A useful alternative for Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

The ability to define events and view them as part of a funnel is excellent for my line of work in digital marketing.

What do you dislike?

If I want to check my analytics from my mobile, it doesn't work very well. Consider making a responsive site.

Marketing product with a funnel structure. I can now clearly see my conversion rates. The ability to generate reports and segment users is very useful.

Heap review by User in Design
User in Design

"Fresh look, rich functionality, deeper insights"

What do you like best?

I love visualizations of Events and the "path" of each visitor. I can analyze it, detect insights, and act upon them.

What do you dislike?

I'd be happy to have a sort of Default Home page with main analytics

I'm launching a new website and I'm glad to have an access to a first time visitors analytics as well as analyzing the events each user performed during the time on the website.

Heap review by User in Higher Education

"An amazing tool for web analytics"

What do you like best?

Simple, great user experience, easy access to the required info.

Most importantly, it was very easy to set up and the visualizer module helps in this process.

What do you dislike?

The system offers complicated features, for someone looking for simple analytics, like the number of visitors, it is still a short learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

I can keep track of the visitors, revisits, retention, etc.

The number of options are comprehensive.

Heap review by User in Internet

"Heap analytics - never miss an action"

What do you like best?

Heap takes a unique approach to web interaction tracking. Unlike many other web analytics tools, Heap collects every action a user takes on each of your site's pages by default. It's up to you to organize the data, but you can define individual actions on your pages at any point after implementing the tracking code.

What do you dislike?

Heap is useful in letting you pull in clicks, submissions, etc. easily, even if you don't yet have a solidified tracking strategy. However, it still has a ways to go in helping less tech-savvy users define their information and organize it in a meaningful way for reporting. The Events being recorded can be difficult to decipher for a user not familiar with HTML/CSS, so putting definitions to them can take some iterative testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement Heap right off the bat if you're still unsure of your holistic tracking strategy. It's a great way to cover your tracks and ensure nothing will be missed later on down the road. It's also a very simple implementation, meaning not much support is required. It has a Free version that lets you test out the functionality and prove the value without any money down.

Heap has been very useful for its historical tracking ability - if you realize you'd forgotten to define a specific event in the past, you can easily set up a new definition and apply it ex post facto to your historical data. This means you never miss the opportunity to track trends from the beginning onward.

Heap review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Very useful analytics product"

What do you like best?

I like that you don't have to define all your metrics in advance. It is very useful for clients who are just getting started with analytics and don't yet have a clear idea of what their needs are.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the ability to create more complex charts and graphs would have been useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful for anyone getting started with customer analytics on their websites and web applications.

Understanding our customers better. We have also used it to help debug customer issues by watching the sequence of actions/clicks they took through the site, and being able to see what browser/OS combo they were using.

Heap review by Anna B.
Anna B.

"Heap analytics, deep info with analytical reporting"

What do you like best?

I really like the analytics and hooks I used with Heap. The interface is pretty powerful when you dive into it. While it did take a bit of ramping up, I was very happy when it started working and I got some live analytics. I had a hard time realizing that it required exact css - but once that was solved, it was very powerful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting segmentation was a bit hard to figure out - and exporting graphs was a bit hard.

Measuring a prototype and A/B testing on feature changes.

Heap review by Shankar A.
Shankar A.

"Time to Analysis - instantaneous"

What do you like best?

One line setup - was super fast. Plug ang play

What do you dislike?

Bare bone UI. Could be a little bit more fleshed out

Real time user tracking

Heap review by Angela I.
Angela I.

"Great for everyday business analysis "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to navigate and user friendly. Definelty recommend.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to install and program may lag

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

No tracking code required allowed me to have a free trial and build analytical infrastructure

"Awesome Analytics"

What do you like best?

Awesome tool without having to define events you can go back and analyse virtually anything.

What do you dislike?

As with all BI tools, it would be great if it was faster.

Analysing web traffic for conversions. Previously we had to code every event or path we wanted to analyse. With Heap, you can define all of that after the fact and analyse anything.

Heap review by Brandon Z.
Brandon Z.

"Insightful and Simple"

What do you like best?

Everything is tracked so you can retroactively identify visitor actions.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations... though Heap is continuing to improve and expand functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just implement the code and start learning how Heap works. It's very powerful, but even the surface features are incredibly helpful.

Identifying parts of website that do and don't work. That's mainly what I use Heap for.

Heap review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Amazing Insights"

What do you like best?

I like that Heap allows me to see insights with minimum effort.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't track page views. (I know..I know...it's not as insightful. But sometimes it's just nice to know high level)

I am working to make our app easy for our customers to use. It has helped me to see where users might get stuck.

Heap review by User in Computer Software

"Makes your tracking very easy"

What do you like best?

Easy of use in event creation in such a way that anyone can grasp it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much that i don't dislike

We get sign ups regularly on our platform, now we are able to track users with regards there usage of the platform by rating them on a scale from 1-10.

Heap review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Heap hits the mark for me"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set parameters.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can think of that I dislike.

Heap gives me insight into what we call "proprietary" data. These unique to our business data points become the basis for marketing materials.

Heap review by User in Internet

"Great for Sales Teams --- Shows you which customers are active"

What do you like best?

Heap sends me a report every morning showing me which trial customers are actively engaged in the trial and the number of page views. I know where to focus my outreach efforts.

What do you dislike?

The data is buggy at times---- not sure if a Heap issue or the way I set it up. Old trials no longer active show page views.

Understanding customer use and frequency. Sales have gone up since deploying Heap.

Heap review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Heap Experience"

What do you like best?

You don't need to implement any evet code. Also it records everything from the beginning.

What do you dislike?

Screens needs to be more UX friendly. More export or other admin features could be nice.

We're trying to perform behavioural analytics of our site. Once we use Google Analytics, but it took time and effort.

Heap review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"It is easy"

What do you like best?

I like how it is organized and easy to read. I can see the information I am searching for easily and how I like to review the information.

What do you dislike?

I would like a tad more flexibility in moving the list in the order.

It is like the apple for reading traffic on your site, It gives me information to make the adjustment and real-time results.

"Powerful and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Retroactive data analysis allows you to save time.

What do you dislike?

A little expensive - it's probably worth the cost but may be too expensive for smaller organizations

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can speed up your time gathering and reporting on data.

Tracking user engagement and the results of AB tests.

Heap review by User in Information Technology and Services

"One of the best Analytics"

What do you like best?

Their feature to create events by clicking on site components is the best. Visualizer that is.

What do you dislike?

It currently satisfies all my needs cant really think of any feature that I dislike. The UI can be more intuitive, thoguh even now it is good but it can further improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

I use it for funnel managament, customer drops, to check the feature usage etc. It gives a fair idea about the usage.

Heap review by User in Internet

"Flexible analytics platform to track any events"

What do you like best?

Every time I review a data set, it usually prompts addition questions. I like that Heap captures all event data and allow "after the fact" reports to be created on any data or events.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were some reporting templates or analytics playbooks that creates a set of reports based on analytics best practice.

Understanding what happens on our website and web app.

Heap review by User in Internet

"Intuitive interface to easily generate numbers"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and clean. It's easy to get a basic understanding in how to use the product quickly. Support is responsive.

What do you dislike?

The docs are a little messy, i wish web & ios weren't grouped together. I wish i could cmd+click to open things in new tabs.

Generating numbers to make informed marketing decisions.

Heap review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"quick solution for an innovative app development need"

What do you like best?

Customizable options or infinite. Visual options in reports (lists, columns, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Setup is timely and a little confusing with very little programming knowledge.

Tracking interactions with a new application to buy a luxury item online.

Review Sourc