Heartland Payroll

Heartland Payroll

4.8
(50 reviews)

Balance your business' time and attendance, human resources administration, tax reporting and more in one online, integrated suite. Whether you're looking for an easier way to pay employees or maintain compliance with your state's HR laws, Heartland provides payroll services to businesses large and small with our customizable solutions.

Work for Heartland Payroll?

Learning about Heartland Payroll?

Heartland Payroll Reviews

Ask Heartland Payroll a Question
Showing 50 Heartland Payroll reviews
Heartland Payroll review by Shelly B.
Shelly B.

"Customer Service is a dream"

What do you like best?

I can only speak for the payroll specialist I have worked with, Priscilla Proch. She is ALWAYS kind, which is KEY, however she is also extremely informative and lovely to work with. An asset to the company on all levels.

What do you dislike?

Recently when I have entered payroll and then navigate off the page, some of the data has been lost, however I have fixed that by periodically navigating off the page to save so I don't time out, even though the time I am on that page does not seem enough to lose data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call and talk to different payroll companies and make sure you choose one with your OWN Payroll Specialist. That has been amazing as many other companies give you a number to call and it is almost impossible to reach anyone and then you have to explain your whole situation to each new person on the phone.

Heartland helps create peace of mind around payroll processing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Heartland Payroll
Heartland Payroll review by Richard Thomas G.
Richard Thomas G.

"Best Payroll Management Company Around"

What do you like best?

Their Graphical User Interface. It is very easy to use and is laid out in a logical manner.

What do you dislike?

I do not really dislike anything about the service. However, I do find some (very few) of the help screens to be lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Heartland Payroll Systems is the best payroll management system we have ever used. I find they responsive, knowledgeable, an very professional. Any changes in the system are reported. Downtime for system maintenance is never during our normal working day and communicated well in advance.

Heartland takes the worry out of all my payroll needs. They ensure that my payroll is submitted on time and that it is correct. Any updates to tax rates, etc. are taken care of automatically. They interface with my states Division of Revenue as well as the Department of Labor and the IRS. This frees my time up to run my company.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Heartland Payroll review by Lori F.
Lori F.

"More bells and whistles than I need but a great service"

What do you like best?

My sales rep is still on the job and available for my calls even 3 years later! He's my go-to support when I can't figure out something I'm trying to do. Talking to support at Heartland is helpful if you get someone helpful.

What do you dislike?

It's not a user-friendly service for a non-HR, non-accounting person. When I started with Heartland, my bank integrated with my accounting system (Xero) and doing payroll was much easier. Then my bank changed to a 2-step online validation login, and it broke my connection to Xero, which meant it broke my connection to Heartland, too. Now I have to do my payroll manually, and the reporting is not easy to understand. However, I plan to either change banks or accounting systems this year, and then the Heartland interface should work again. So none of this is really Heartland's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to work with a rep who has a long history with the company and/or experience in payroll/HR. Like most online companies, they do most of their support by chat/email, altho they're pretty good about voice to voice if you call in. When I signed up with them, I'd reviewed 2 other payroll companies in addition to Heartland. I liked that Heartland had a local rep and he seemed very knowledgeable. My first account exec was very responsive and helpful. But he got promoted and now I'm not impressed with his replacement. She's actually making my job harder. So I reached out to my sales rep to ask to be switched to someone else. That is still in progress. But it's a huge undertaking to move financial accounts, so I'm going to try to make this work before looking around again.

My mother did my payroll for more than 20 years. When she retired, I didn't want to a) do it her way or b) do it at all !!! :) So I thought a payroll service would save me lots of time, even though I only have a few employees and 1099s. They actually save me $$ since I don't have to have my accountant do my W2s and 1099s in January, and I don't have to worry that I'm doing my quarterly payroll tax filings wrong. It's a nominal fee for this peace of mind

Heartland Payroll review by Amber V.
Amber V.

"Highly recommend Heartland"

What do you like best?

Heartland is fast, efficient and always does great work. They don't make mistakes and are very helpful when we have questions or any special needs. I've had issues setting up new employees and questions about court-ordered wage garnishment, for example. I always get fast answers and the right answer from Suzanne Slagle, our specialist. Even on the rare occasion that Suzanne is out, the other specialists step right in to assist.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the quarterly reports seem to take awhile at times to be uploaded but it's not a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fantastic service and I couldn't recommend it more. Our specialist is fantastic and always has answers.

Using Heartland has made our payroll much simpler for me. Deductions and benefits are tracked in Heartland's system which gives us a check to validate our in-house tracking and also offers a back-up in case something would happen to our records. It's very easy to set up new employees and to change employee information, such as new address, new salary or deductions.

Heartland Payroll review by Dawn B.
Dawn B.

"If I Had Only Switched Sooner . . ."

What do you like best?

I love the accuracy of my payrolls, the helpfulness of my payroll specialist, and the ease it has been to get our checks cut. I run a seasonal business without about 600-700 employees, and I had literally been in tears trying to run payroll with the payroll company I had before Heartland, which happens to be one of the largest payroll companies in the U.S.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I dislike. When the sales rep that I had at Paychex left and went to Heartland, I saw the writing on the wall. Joan Kurtenbach has been such a knowledgeable resource about everything regarding payroll, and I don't know what I'd do without her. The only complaint I have is that I did not receive my W-2s by January 22nd. I had to call on January 28th, and they still have not been mailed. They did overnight them to me right away, but i'm not sure what happened there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Heartland over Paychex or ADP.

1) I am solving soooooooo many errors that Paychex would make every single season. 2) I am saving money versus my former payroll provider. 3) I am realizing the greatest benefit of being less stressed about payroll. 4) I am receiving personal service, every time I call, and I'm not stuck leaving voicemails with people who don't get back to me.

Heartland Payroll review by Neal B.
Neal B.

"Great Pricing For The BEST Payroll Service"

What do you like best?

The account representatives that I have had in my many years with Heartland have totally validated my switch from PayChex, who I left because they screwed up my payroll and while they fixed their errors, they refused to help me with the additional accounting fees that I had to incur to correct my returns. Heartland has been there all the way for me, quickly and accurately reporting all of our data to the proper authorities and my A/Rs have been insightful, thorough, very enjoyable to talk to, and have been as if they were inside my head because they got to know me and how I think. They take my business personally as if it were their own. They make Heartland one of the best choices I have ever made in business.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. Vice President & Chief Financial Officer

Executive Media Communications, Inc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give these folks a try if you want someone who is invested in your business success.

When I erroneously reported earnings for an employee, Heartland took the lead with getting everything corrected with the IRS. When the forms were returned for a missing check mark, Heartland took care of refiling for me at no additional cost. The reporting that I get from Heartland is so easy to access and understand that I wish they could do more for me.

"So happy we switched"

What do you like best?

We switched to Heartland because of its reputation for great customer service and we have not been disappointed. As a small company with limited bandwidth and experience with payroll, we needed a company to rely on not just to process payroll, but to answer our questions.

What do you dislike?

I am somewhat disappointed that I am now on my third payroll specialist in 2 years as I loved my first one. That said, I wasn't disappointed in my new ones' performance. I just wondered what was going on in regards to turnover at the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a demonstration if looking at different payroll systems

Heartland allows us to NOT spend time worrying about payroll. We have saved significant money by making this switch and have gotten access to a lot more information quickly on the interface than we did with our previous provider.

"Very, very positive"

What do you like best?

When I have questions or concerns, Heartland is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any negative experiences so far. Prior payroll service we used was terrible so this is very refreshing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hiring the services of a payroll company is scary. You are entrusting them with all of your banking information, employee social security numbers, etc. You are also counting on them to file the state and federal payroll taxes properly. It's a big deal to choose a payroll service but I could not be happier with Heartland. I have already recommended Heartland Payroll to several other people!

We use Heartland for payroll processing only. It's very nice to have a payroll company that I feel confident in. They are very knowledgeable and very helpful. Whenever I have a question, they respond quickly.

Heartland Payroll review by Rose H.
Rose H.

"Easy platform to navigate with great customer service"

What do you like best?

Not only is the site to enter payroll easy to navigate the customer service that is provided is top notch. Whether it is a simple question about the use of the site, challenges with entries or user error the support and response by Heartland Payroll Specialists are thorough and timely!

What do you dislike?

Downloading reports is sometimes a slow process, however that may be attributed to slower download speeds on our network more than a platform issue.

We use Heartland for payroll services the ease of the system is great. And the fixed expense is appreciated.

"Making my job easier"

What do you like best?

That when I'm traveling I can still log in and do the payroll where ever I am. I can send the reports to my boss when he is traveling and everything is so easy to do with the program.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single thing I dislike. they have a really great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great, easy to use product. You will save time and frustration.

Payroll use to take me the entire day getting all the reports for a local payroll provider, then I would drive them over to them. On the day before payroll I would receive the checks and would have to double check to make sure there were no mistakes. Just the time saved so I can do other parts of my job is tremendous.

Heartland Payroll review by Administrator

"Excellent service and easy payroll!"

What do you like best?

Easily my favorite part of Heartland is my representative and my payroll specialist! These 2 individuals have made the experience with Heartland Payroll a breeze! Beside this the program is so easy! It all boils down to entering the hours per employee and then writing a check. Cannot beat it!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Heartland Payroll.

When I took over running the office for a contractor everything had been done old school. I spent all my hours bookkeeping and any time spent on any other project just took too much time away from this necessary task. Heartland has allowed me to have a powerful payroll engine working for me which allows me to focus on other pressing matters.

Heartland Payroll review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Heartland Payroll"

What do you like best?

I have used Heartland Payroll for over 8 years. We are a very small business, but still feel that the value we get from HPS more that makes up for the cost. Our payroll specialist, Lauri Lacey, has been professional and responsive. If I have a question or send an email, it is immediately addressed.

What do you dislike?

We have not ever had occasion to consider doing payroll in-house or using another company.

Payroll processing and all taxes, forms and filing are done on time.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

When I have an issue, they figure it out.

What do you dislike?

That I can no longer get through to anyone after 5pm

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only criticism I have is that I no longer have access to my older payroll information since you switched to a new payroll platform. I receive a lot of requests for employment verification and need to refer back to old records for that purpose, as well as payment history, which is now impossible to retrieve unless my specialist puts in a request for each and every inquiry. It is time consuming and inconvenient, as I work many nights/weekends, when your specialists are not available.

The tax withholdings is the biggest problem and benefit.

Heartland Payroll review by RHONDA H.
RHONDA H.

"EXCELLENT COMPANY"

What do you like best?

WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT HEARTLAND. THEY ARE ALL TOP NOTCH PROFESSIONALS TO WORK WITH. I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM THAT LEE ANN AND JOYCE PUT INTO THEIR WORK. IT MAKES IT A REAL PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH THESE REPS.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING/NOTHING/NOTHING/NOTHING X INFINITY

No problems with them at all. Having three stores to be responsible for, it saves me a lot of time having them do my payroll, be responsible for filing the taxes, etc.

Heartland Payroll review by User

"They have been amazing from day one."

What do you like best?

The first acct rep I had set up a spread sheet for me to price out various jobs. I have to be able to account for how much money each job is costing me for payroll. I have a commercial cleaning company and have several accounts that staff work every night.They developed the spread sheet and the monthly report so I can see monthly, quarterly, yearly my real costs for payroll per account. My previous payroll company didn't/wouldn't do that.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. They are always open to talking about any challenges I may/may not have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heartland is a company I suggest all the time as a company that can solve problems for payroll, not create them. They have professional and knowledgeable staff that are capable to see a challenge and run with it until it's solved.

The biggest benefit was the report they customized for me so I can see how much I'm actually spending on the various cleaning accounts. That has been a major, major benefit and help.

Heartland Payroll review by David S.
David S.

"Efficient and Effective Payroll Services"

What do you like best?

I have been a client of Heartland for several years and everything is handled efficiently and effectively. I have had no issues whatsoever and appreciate having a dedicated payroll specialist to make sure everything is done correctly.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints or dislikes at this time.

Payroll is done. Employees are paid on time, and taxes are all submitted and paid as required by law. I don't have to worry that I forgot something.

Heartland Payroll review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Heartland User"

What do you like best?

It is able to manage multiple organizations at the same time. Stores personal information well.

What do you dislike?

The format is a bit confusing, not an easy sight to navigate. Also the way time is measured does not make much sense. Adding users is difficult. It also takes a long time to recover funds that were not deposited into a bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are using actual time, not increments of time. For example, an hour and thirty minutes is displayed as 1.30 not 1.5. Also make sure your employees are on top of things because you won't know if the check didn't hit the bank properly. It will still withdraw from your account.

We use Heartland as a way to manage our payroll. It has bee an efficient way to pull payroll reports and labor costs.

Heartland Payroll review by LISA V.
LISA V.

"Seamless transfer & consistent, top notch service!"

What do you like best?

The multifunctional dashboard makes it easy to keep employee information in one safe place, as well as retrieve reports easily.

What do you dislike?

Haven't really hurdled any dislikes at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them an opportunity to show you what they can offer - you may be pleasantly surprised!

PTO/Vacations are easy to track! Pretax deductions are clearly listed and easy to keep track of.

Heartland Payroll review by Allan B.
Allan B.

"Responsive and Helpful"

What do you like best?

I can reach a person whenever it is convenient for me. It doesn't matter if our personal representative is on vacation, sick or helping someone else.

What do you dislike?

I have no suggestions for improvement. Everything has been better than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Heartland may be a large corporation it delivers a personal touch and you can always speak to a person

The biggest problem Heartland has solved for us is that we no longer need to deal with the IRS for any reason and we are never penalized for a trivial mistake.

Heartland Payroll review by Erica G.
Erica G.

"Simplest and Efficent Payroll System - Heartland Payroll"

What do you like best?

I have the ability to input the payroll in an easy and efficient manner, always have my Associate Payroll specialist available when I need support and I can generate any payroll report anytime. I also appreciate the Human Resources Support - available to me again anytime.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about Heartland Payroll. I am pleased with everything.

I save time because of the efficient and easy to use system. I am able to generate reports if I need to allocate payroll hours to projects.

Heartland Payroll review by Toni Lynn A.
Toni Lynn A.

"I love the Heartland Staff"

What do you like best?

The reps are always very helpful and kind

What do you dislike?

Phone system when calling to reach our company rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heartland is worry free and is able to help with all payroll issues and HR situations.

Payroll / HR

Our rep always gets me the answers and results needed ASAP.

Heartland Payroll review by Jane L.
Jane L.

"Great Payroll Company"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is amazing and the platform is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I've had no substantial problems with payroll and the minor ones always get fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with them. They are responsive and will hold your hand through the whole transition and implementation.

I am an HR consultant and use Heartland for 5 of my clients. We use it only for payroll. Their customer service is excellent and their prices are really good. We never have problems.

Heartland Payroll review by Jenny C.
Jenny C.

"Angelia Van Swearingen"

What do you like best?

In this day and age we lack the personal touch way too often. That is why I recommend Heartland to everyone! Angelia has been my specialist at the last 3 Jobs I have run. She goes above and beyond for me every time I call and always does it with a smile!!!

What do you dislike?

When Angelia goes on vacation (she spoils me lol)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely wonderful to work with!

They take the headache out of payroll for me.

Heartland Payroll review by Vane L.
Vane L.

"Love Heartland Payroll"

What do you like best?

Self-service entry and responsiveness from support. And they deal with the federal and state governments.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Heartland. I'm very pleased.

I don't have to mail anything and all my payments are direct deposited.

Heartland Payroll review by Colby N.
Colby N.

"Our rep is amazing!"

What do you like best?

She is so great, helpful, and knowledgeable. I couldn't do Payroll without her.

What do you dislike?

The online portal is clunky and ugly. I wish this would improve.

They are a great payroll partner for my business.

Heartland Payroll review by Shirley S.
Shirley S.

"2 years with Heartland Payroll"

What do you like best?

During the two years we have been with Heartland, I have experienced great customer service, ease of operation online, and follow through from the staff. I have appreciated the HR tool immensely.

What do you dislike?

Still working on an accurate PTO accrual. At present, I re-enter the allotted PTO at the beginning of each year - usage is subtracted; however, the number as to be re-entered each year.

Employee Handbook rewrite. Monthly HR newsletter.

Heartland Payroll review by Misty  B.
Misty B.

"Payroll specialist"

What do you like best?

The payroll specialist is always available or very prompt in returning calls. She will take the time to walk you through each step and assist in reviewing to make sure everything is correct.

What do you dislike?

The cost to run an extra payroll. Example: want to run a separate check for bonuses and the costs to do this.

Having Heartland complete our payroll creates time for our administration to handle other issues.

Heartland Payroll review by Angie  K.
Angie K.

"Heartland payroll"

What do you like best?

The communication and the fast response.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, they have answered all my questions when needed and have taken care of any issues I might of had with great professionalism and courtesy!

I realized I do not have to worry about filing the company taxes or worry about any new changes that has to be applied to payroll. They take care of everything.

"Love Heartland Payroll"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and I love the customer service I always receive.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any problems I've had with Heartland that would cause me to dislike anything.

Heartland Payroll takes care of paying the employees and filing any tax requirements on a State and Federal level. I don't have to try and figure out taxes and social security.

Heartland Payroll review by Administrator

"Not very user friendly "

What do you like best?

Hard to say. It meets expectations. Direct deposits are made on time. Quarterly reports are submitted in timely manner. No issues with 401k submission reports.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to navigate through the system. There is no "search" or "help" module when needing assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for training!!

I am saving time processing payroll checks, quarterly report filings, and year-end W2 and 1099 reporting.

Heartland Payroll review by Walter H.
Walter H.

"Outstanding service with awesome customer support is what Heartland Payroll is all about"

What do you like best?

Customer service is why I have used Heartland Payroll for over 15 years.

What do you dislike?

The one this I dislike is that Heartland Payroll use Fedex to delivery my paychecks & the driver comes before we open

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right, customer service is spot on & easy to use

The payroll service is quick and easy to do so it saves mr time

Heartland Payroll review by Administrator

"Heartland makes payroll very easy, 30 checks done in 30-40 minutes!"

What do you like best?

Online interface is very user friendly, I have my own dedicated support specialist and have never had an issue that went unresolved. Payroll comes in overnight freight and has always showed up as promised even through inclement weather.

What do you dislike?

The ability to move from employee to employee through various lists can be slow.

Accurate payroll, a vast battery of reports available online at any time. We don't have to waste time staying up on current payroll rates/rules/regulations. We save time by simply being able to plug in hours and deductions. The expense incurred by using Heartland is very reasonable also.

"Heartland is great!"

What do you like best?

I like that we have a specific customer service representative. In the past, we just had to call customer service with our old platform. We never knew if the information we were told was accurate or not and half the time it wasn't! We don't have that issue with Heartland!

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike. Maybe the only thing is that we don't have the history because of the fact we switched, but that's not Heartland's fault!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch! It's totally worth it!

Switching to Heartland saves us time in managing our payroll and HRIS structure!

Heartland Payroll review by Marc B.
Marc B.

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service & account reps are outstanding. They answer any questions quickly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a single complaint thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100000% recommend. Extremely easy, saves time, customer services/account reps are extremely helpful and responsive..

Heartland handles my credit card processing and payroll. It's extremely easy and saves me a ton of time with invoicing and nonsense paperwork.

Heartland Payroll review by Robbie L.
Robbie L.

"The Best!"

What do you like best?

Simple, common-sense way to do payroll. Screen flows make sense and it saves TIME, the most precious commodity that I have.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Heartland Payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to set up, great support from company, and easy to use. Try it!

Save PLENTY of time!

Heartland Payroll review by Sal S.
Sal S.

"Scudiero Agency"

What do you like best?

They are always available and no voice response units and the CSRs are always helpful and knowledgeable

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything about the service I receive from Heartland.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to do business with.

Easy of business, as well as tax reporting et al

Heartland Payroll review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Solid Dependable Service"

What do you like best?

having an assigned rep is awesome, the system is easy to use and reasonably priced

What do you dislike?

sometimes the system goes down right before the cut-off time to process

also would like to be able to add manual checks on our own

solid service

"Friendly, convenient service"

What do you like best?

The system is well organized, so fairly intuitive to manage. And when I need help, our payroll specialist is always friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service

Payroll processing and tax reporting/paying.

Heartland Payroll review by Janisse, L.
Janisse, L.

"Trustworthy "

What do you like best?

Professional Trustworthy professional

Ever step is efficient and is always timely and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I have ever had a negative experience with Heartland!

I can count every week, month, quarterly and end of the year accounting to be accurate!

Heartland Payroll review by Ron S.
Ron S.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

Friendly and capable staff; Checks are always delivered on time.

What do you dislike?

We haven't experienced any negatives which were serious enough to remember

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommended

Tax info is always current and tax reports automatically filed on time

Heartland Payroll review by Gary R.
Gary R.

"Easy, stress free payroll!"

What do you like best?

No more keeping up with always changing payroll regulations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Leave the payroll to them!

Frees up time for me to run my business instead of being an accountant

"Above & Beyond"

What do you like best?

Heartland Payroll has always been extremely responsive, helpful and friendly to work with.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative I could say about Heartland Payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personal, professional, affordable and accurate service

Heartland Payroll takes the headache out of doing payroll and provides us with prompt service and great records. We are a tiny company but they treat us with the same urgency as I expect they would a larger company/client.

Heartland Payroll review by TERRY H.
TERRY H.

"ok"

What do you like best?

online reports and historical reports.

What do you dislike?

impossible to get Heartland to refer to clients by their name and not a number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup takes too much communication.

Needed payroll processor.

Heartland Payroll review by Doug G.
Doug G.

"Very easy"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and specialist are very helpful

What do you dislike?

nothing. very thing is very easy and very professional

one stop shop

Heartland Payroll review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Best Payroll Service Out There"

What do you like best?

I like that someone is always available to talk to you, never have I had to leave a message for someone to return a call. Awesome customer service!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I am thoroughly satisfied with the service I have received

Health insurance benefits are very easy to add, I have 24 hour access to statements and important documents

Heartland Payroll review by User

"Easy, timely and a good value"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and designated account rep. Never had to wait on hold very long

What do you dislike?

Can't think of any, never had a problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you'll like it

Having a third party do payroll frees up our bookkeeper for of duties.

Heartland Payroll review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Heartland has provided an excellent service."

What do you like best?

Immediate answers from employees as well as reminders and availability.

What do you dislike?

yearly increase to payroll service as we are a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product.

None. Benefits are on time reports and pay schedules.

"Hassle free payroll"

What do you like best?

The online portal is easy to navigate. Adding and editing employees is simple.

What do you dislike?

Lack of email/text reminders as to when payroll needs to be submitted

Not having to submit quarterly returns is time /money saving.

"Payroll review"

What do you like best?

The payroll entry and customer support are exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Reports are more difficult to manage than previous system.

Ease of handling subcontractor payroll.

Less time involved.

"Great payroll company"

What do you like best?

customer service very profesional and helpfull people.

What do you dislike?

That the timekeeping is not included. We have to upload the hours from Timekeeping.

payroll

Learn more about Heartland Payroll

Heartland Payroll Videos

Learning about Heartland Payroll?

* We monitor all Heartland Payroll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.