Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

4.7
(268 reviews)

Fast, Secure, and Legally Binding eSignatures for Business

Work for HelloSign?

Learning about HelloSign?

HelloSign Reviews

Showing 268 HelloSign reviews
HelloSign review by Nathan T.
Nathan T.

"A Convenient Digital Signing Tool"

What do you like best?

HelloSign helps to streamline the process of acquiring signatures for a wide range of business documents. The user interface is clean and easy to navigate with clear instructions on what to do. The functionality is very intuitive and the overall service doesn't require much technical knowledge to use. I like being able to upload documents and then dragging text fields, check boxes and signature fields right into place. The email that recipients receive are straightforward, which is great for people that may get confused with newer technology.

What do you dislike?

I think the user restrictions are a bit much for the price. Only a certain amount of people can use certain features such as templates, which allow us to create documents faster. Though HelloSign is definitely useful and helps to speed up document signing, it's not as cheap as sending standard PDF files. Also, though HelloSign documents are generally considered legally binding, there may be parties that refuse to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HelloSign can be a great value for companies that request lots of signatures. The overall signing process should generally be straightforward for the signers, but you should be aware that more traditional businesses may be against or reluctant to use digital signatures. However, HelloSign also gives you the option to send a PDF file as a backup, which is great to ensure the signing work flow moves along with minimal delay.

HelloSign has been a useful tool for acquiring signatures for business documents such as client contracts, non-disclosure agreements and various waivers. It saves us time and from having to make someone signing a PDF form or paper form. We can also use it to quickly sign PDF documents sent for us to sign. We just upload the document to HelloSign and drag one of our saved signatures into the document.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HelloSign
HelloSign review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Great system but a few tweaks to fix it up would be nice."

What do you like best?

I love the idea of being able to send out contracts for clients to sign. They love the ability to sign right online and the notifications on a daily basis keep the signing of the contract always at the top of their minds. Having multiple signees as well is amazing!!

What do you dislike?

I really like 99.9% of everything HelloSign is about. The one issue, which has been a huge hassle for me, is that sometimes when going through the whole signing process, I click to accept the signature and then I get an error... this doesn't happen every time but if the error happens to one contract, the whole thing has to be re-made and sent out for signing again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HelloSign is an amazing piece of software but be wary of potential errors when signing some documents.

The whole ability to go paperless even on contracts and not chase people for signatures has been a huge time saver and stress reliever!

What E-Signature solution do you use?

HelloSign review by Kristi P.
Kristi P.

"Quick and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I am a freelancer, and use HelloSign for my client contracts. It's been a great service, that's extremely easy to use. Takes just a few minutes to get started, and does just what I need. I've also recommended it to others.

What do you dislike?

I only use the free plan, so I know the features I want are available with the paid plan, which is understandable. It would be nice to get more than three free uses per month, but I completely understand why that's reserved for paid customers!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently email docs for signature back and forth, this will be a lifesaver!

I needed to send contracts to clients, and not go through the hassle of emailing docs back and forth for signature. HelloSign was the perfect answer.

HelloSign review by Steve Q.
Steve Q.

"Solid electronic signature solution"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use, straight-forward solution that saves our team a significant amount of time due to automating a previously manual, tedious process.

What do you dislike?

There is no specific feature or function (or lack thereof) that I dislike. HelloSign does exactly what we need it to do. Having said that - our use case is very basic, namely, handling the contract signature process for commercial transactions and contracts that do not require inputs aside from signatures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HelloSign has been an easy to setup and use solution for our business development team which handles a high volume of deals each month. We've also used DocuSign and find it comparable and equally satisfactory. Caveat - we do not deal with contracts that have heightened regulatory or compliance obligations such as HIPPA, thus for users in the healthcare space or industries with similar obligations, then I'd recommend doing a more careful evaluation as to the security features to ensure they suffice.

Time: HelloSign does a great job of streamlining what used to be a time-intensive, manual process -- printing, signing, scanning, emailing, re-scanning the countersigned version, and archiving the fully executed copy. Given our team has a relatively high volume of deals closed each month, the aggregate time savings and efficiency gains are noticeable and a valued benefit.

HelloSign review by Jamie R.
Jamie R.

"Fast way to sign or fill out pdf forms"

What do you like best?

It's really fast to fill out and sign pdf forms. It's way more user-friendly for that purpose than Acrobat Pro. Once you go through the setup process it is fast and easy to use. I have also used Acrobat Pro for signing and filling out forms. HelloSign lets you fill in a pdf even if it wasn't properly set up as a pdf form while Acrobat Pro only recognizes pre-existing form fields.

What do you dislike?

The free version is limited to 3 uses per month. It's easiest for emailed files though it can be made to work if you don't have files in email. It took a while to create a signature the first time I used it. If you email something filled out, the recipient has a limited time to download the file before it expires. That means you need to cc yourself and save a copy of your filled out and signed form somewhere if you want to refer back to it. These are minor drawbacks of great software though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to upload your signature and validate using your google account. Once its set up though, it's very easy to use for signing and filling out pdf forms. I prefer it to printing things out and signing since its so much faster and easier.

The need to fill out and/or sign forms in pdf format.

HelloSign review by William B.
William B.

"Simple and efficient digital signing solution"

What do you like best?

HelloSign makes signing documents more streamlined and efficient. We can store signatures in our account and simple drag them into digital documents, such as PDF files, we receive from clients, vendors and other business parties. The account control panel is neatly organized and simple to work with. The functionality is generally straightforward with intuitive tools for creating documents with signature and input fields. HelloSign can integrate with many third-party software, which makes it easier to access in the flow of common business activities. HelloSign emphasizes the fact that their digital signatures legally binding, which is great to show to parties that may be uncertain about that.

What do you dislike?

There are a significant amount of clients and companies we work with that are either slow to adapt or refuse to use digital signatures officially. It has gotten better over time, but it can be an obstacle to deal with from time to time. Though I consider HelloSign to be user-friendly, it can take some people a bit of time to get used to and may be frustrating at first for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think HelloSign is a great digital signing tool that can reduce your costs and get business moving faster and more efficiently. Once you get the system up and running with saved signatures, I think you'll smoothly adapt HelloSign in your daily work activities. It doesn't take long to sign up and is certainly worth a try.

HelloSign is used within our organization for signing contracts, waivers and numerous other documents digitally. It has save us a significant amount of time and reduces our need for paper and paper supplies. Our overall costs and business transaction times have gone down quite a bit. As far as our company's reputation, I think creating and signing documents with HelloSign has given our company a more professional image. Many clients are impressed that we use such modern technology.

HelloSign review by Peter C.
Peter C.

"Hellosign has earned my trust."

What do you like best?

Hellosign offers my organization quality support for every occasion we have needed to reach out to them for help. Hellosign is available on the web and also on mobile and this is very convenient in the business environment,thus ensuring the web version is used within the office space and when I am on the move,I rely on Hellosign android app. and it has always been very reliable and efficient.

Ability to keep backup copy of signed agreements on the cloud is a feature of Hellosign that has served my organization well in terms of record keeping.

What do you dislike?

Hellosign can do better in terms of the reliability of reminder emails sent to partners,reminding them to append their signature on documents we sent to them .We have had occasions when such reminder emails end up in the spam box of the recipient,thereby ensuring the recipient may never get to see the email.

Since we began using Hellosign ,we have closed business deals and agreements faster than we did two,three year ago. The fact Hellosign is available on mobile has made it convenient for myself or any other person in my department to append their signatures on documents without even being present in the office.

HelloSign review by Kayley R.
Kayley R.

"HelloSign For Life Coaching"

What do you like best?

I create my agreements or contracts on a Google document and then I'm able to directly upload the document to HelloSign, insert the signatures, and send it along. It takes 3 minutes to get everything over to a new client. Seamless.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would save recently used documents, unless this is a feature I haven't seen yet (or I've missed). I upload the same contract or agreement each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like one of the top docusign type tools on the market, and it was inexpensive to purchase an entire year up front.

I can see when clients have viewed a document, and it makes the process more professional. It makes me look and feel more legitimate as a life coach, and I'm pretty psyched moving forward with more clients!

HelloSign review by Cameron K.
Cameron K.

"Making Signing Documents Fun: HelloSign. "

What do you like best?

HelloSign has made the contract execution process painless for my team. Our process used to take upwards of three months to get a contract reviewed, adjusted, and signed, and when time to sign is an important KPI, that is simply too long. With HelloSign, we have been able to cut that time down to a roughly three-week average from start to finish. The fact that you can send a document directly to who needs to sign it, and it automatically sends them reminders to sign is amazing!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to add people to a document who didn't need to sign, but would be beneficial to moving certain pieces along in the process. Currently, there is a limitation in the tool that only allows you to send to the people you need signatures from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, provides timely updates to you and the required signers, and is a beautiful user experience. I would recommend that your team try the trial first as there may be certain limitations based on your size of your team or required contents you need from the signees.

HelloSign is helping my team hit important KPI's and aiding in increasing our ARR because we are spending less time messing with paperwork, and more time effectively managing our partnerships and creating high value for our customers.

HelloSign review by Cameron A.
Cameron A.

"Easiest Way To Sign Documents Without Printing & Scanning Them First"

What do you like best?

I love the way I can insert my signature without the need to print out a document, sign it, then scan it before emailing it. I save myself a trip to FedEx (as I don't own a printer), where I would spend a few cents or dollars on a paper which needed to be signed, then scanning it onto my thumb drive (which would cost more money), then returning to my home office to upload and email the signed documents (as I would not want to spend any more money at FedEx). In short, it's free for the first three documents per month (a limit I've yet to exceed), which saves me time and money sending signed documents to every concerned party who needs them. Also saves a few trees and paper, too.

What do you dislike?

I'm not too thrilled that I would need to pay in order to sign more than three documents a month. Thankfully, I've yet to reach that point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inexpensive, especially if you only need to sign documents three times or less per month. Simply scan your signature, upload it to HelloSign, then drop it onto the document in need of signing. No printers needed, no paper wasted, no trees needlessly cut down.

I needed to sign and email contracts and W-9s with my freelance clients. HelloSign takes care of the signature issue, saving me a trip to FedEx (I don't own a printer).

HelloSign review by Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.

"A contract signing framework we can rely on."

What do you like best?

Hellosign provides my organization with a new contract signing experience where our partners and customers get to see only the most important validated information,eliminating the complex ,bulky hardcopy contract documentations which was the norm. This has resulted in a faster contract signing process between my organization and our clients and partners.Saving us money ,time and providing us with an efficient contract signing framework.

What do you dislike?

Acceptability is the only setback I can associate with Hellosign. In my previous organization ,we rarely faced scenarios where our clients or partners refused contract documentations sent via Hellosign. However in my current organization ,where we get to partner with firms and teams in developing and third world countries ; we do regularly encounter these difficulties where some of our clients have never heard about Hellosign and while they were amazed by how fast it could make the contract signing process ,they still requested for the old ,slow physical contract signing process.

Hellosign has simplified and fastened the contract signing process across every facet of my organization. From the way we sign partnership agreements and contracts with clients ,customers and partners ; to how the Hr department signs contracts with employees ; the contract signing process is less expensive ,more efficient and ten times faster than the traditional style of scanning-printing-signing- sending contracts or mailing contracts via postmail.

HelloSign review by Aaron K.
Aaron K.

"Easy to use for your occasional e-signature"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to upload a document and format it for e-signatures and choose who the signers are. The document notifications are helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the hello sign and hello fax apps worked under the same login as part of one platform without having to log into two separate platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking for an e-signature platform, think about how easy it is to use the system. HelloSign really does make signing documents electronically an easy experience.

Occasionally we have a document that we have to send out for signature. This tool makes it easy for our front line team members to quickly get a signature on a document without having to go through our internal processes and normal systems. It puts power back into our employees' hands and saves them time.

HelloSign review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"Easy to use for legal documents"

What do you like best?

Easy to track, send, and receive signatures on legal documents. I use this platform at least 4 times a week to send documents to clients. Clients like it because they can sign on their phone or through the computer and they automatically receive back the completed document once all parties have signed. Hellosign saves all my completed documents so if I need to find a signed agreement, I can use the platform to find my documents later. The service is fast and I get an email when someone opens up the document as well as when they sign. Would recommend to any small business owner who has contracts that need to be executed quickly.

What do you dislike?

Client's can't make their own edits to sent out documents. If I spell a name wrong or missed a date, we have to restart the process. The signature blocs can be buggy and end up with signatures placed in weird spots on the page. However, all of the documents are pdf editable and thus any errors are easy to remove.

Getting fee agreements and legal documents signed easily. Made my legal services process faster and allowed me to pass on those savings to the clients.

HelloSign review by Abimbola K.
Abimbola K.

"Saves us money. "

What do you like best?

Intuitive software with a basic but important use. We get to sign contracts every single day at work, and it is difficult to imagine the level of trouble we go through, to get clients to sign contracts physically.

Hellosign eliminates that stress and makes the contract signing process a matter of hours as against days.

What do you dislike?

Because of the low tech knowledge of some of our clients, they sometime stray their mouse wrongly and thus their signature appears at the wrong place on the document.

Hellosign eliminates the need to meet our clients physically for them to sign contracts with us. We simply use Hellosign and the deal is closed in minutes,in what would normally take days if we go through the traditional route of physical contract signing.

By eliminating the need for physical contract, it has also saved us vital financial resource usually expended on sending contracts to clients via courier.

HelloSign review by Andy Z.
Andy Z.

"Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Hello sign is easy to use for sales team members both for providing a quick and easy way to get signatures, but also for organized records retention of signed documents. Getting notified when someone opens your document for signature is a great way to help your sales team make themselves available for an active buyer who might have questions about an agreement.

I'm hopping on HelloSign after I just moved teams and had trouble becoming the admin to our account. Brian on the Customer Service team at HelloSign made the transition seamless. Thanks, man!

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to auto-delete old versions of a document if both parties decide to make changes. I get why you wouldn't, as it creates a past version, but I wish that it was at least deactivated automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works really well for sales and signing agreements. I've seen folks try and use it for internal HR purposes, and haven't seen as much success. If you are going for internal purposes, consider a HR system.

Sales agreements and records retention. As a Saas business ourselves working on performance management systems, it makes sense that people want to keep everything paperless.

HelloSign review by Ricardo G.
Ricardo G.

"The first E-contract signing software I have used."

What do you like best?

I like the quality of support we get from Hellosign on every occasion when we have encountered obstacles making use of the platform ; the promptness of responses to our support email is very encouraging too.

I like the creative freedom we are afforded as users to create our own templates for contracts we sign,and the fact Hellosign is easily accessible from different device and this makes it possible to send and sign contracts on the fly.

What do you dislike?

We have had issues where reminder emails sent to customers and partners ended up in their spam box,thus preventing them from seeing it.

Hellosign has made it a breeze to close business agreements and sign contracts remotely,without the incessant exchange of emails which was the case before we adopted Hellosign.

HelloSign review by John R.
John R.

"HelloSign is Easy and Great Value! -- Definitely Recommend! "

What do you like best?

Easy to upload documents

Very affordable

Easy to put details into document to get signed

There is a trial period so you can even get a few documents signed for free and test out the platform

What do you dislike?

The email link that is sent out sometimes expires after you view it one time. I have never used their customer services, so not sure how that is. Other than that there isn't anything coming to mind about why I would dislike this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like the cheapest option for getting digital signatures from prospects

Easy way to get digital signatures for signed agreements for my clients/prospects

Speeds up the process for prospects to not have to wait for printing out an agreement and then scanning and reuploading it.

HelloSign review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use, but not a comprehensive solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple UI. Does its job well for simple contracts that require minimal changes, editing, back and forth, or parties involved.

What do you dislike?

It does not allow for edits on the contracts easily. After using other similar programs like DocuSign and Right Signature, I find this is a big flaw of HelloSign. I often find myself needing to delete the previous document and recreating a new one to make the changes I want appropriately. Cancelled documents also does not get saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just a small startup company or simple contracts, this is a good solution for you. However, if your sales process is more complex and may often require adjustments or multiple signers, you are better of spending a little more with other solutions.

To be able to quickly send documents and get them signed in a timely manner.

HelloSign review by Brandon Z.
Brandon Z.

"Simple as it gets"

What do you like best?

HelloSign makes it incredibly easy to get a document e-signed. Are there other e-signing services? Yes. Does anyone have an interface that's a clean and simple as HelloSign's? No.

Luckily HelloSign not only has a clean UI, the whole process is fantastic, both for me creating and sending documents, but also for my clients signing them.

What do you dislike?

Their free plan allows 3 documents a month... currently that's fine for me but could easily become restricting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's not a lot I can say about HelloSign... it's a very straightforward service. If you need to have a document signed, definitely give HelloSign a try. It's incredibly easy to setup and send your document for signing.

I've used a couple services that were difficult to use or wouldn't let you change your signature after you wrote it once. HelloSign looks and is better.

Making contracting signing legal and painless for both me and my clients.

HelloSign review by Kay P.
Kay P.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE HELLO SIGN!"

What do you like best?

Hello Sign is so user friendly and quick to use. I like it most because it does not look like an electronic signature like Docusign does. All of my clients find it very easy to use...even on their phone.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike. If I had to say anything negative is that I wish that when I duplicated fields by clicking, the signature would land on the line. Instead I have to always drag it down to get it in the right spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend HELLO SIGN. Inexpensive, easy to use, clients love it!

This saves me SO much time in my real estate business. I estimate that it saves me 2-4 hours per week! Very easy for my clients and saves them time as well since they don't have to drive to meet me to get signatures or have to sign and fax back.

HelloSign review by Courtney H.
Courtney H.

"An e-signature platform that is as efficient as it is cost-effective!"

What do you like best?

HelloSign is extremely easy to use for both the sender and the signer. I like that all of the options are at the top of the screen, and it takes seconds to populate the fields of my documents.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see some metrics showing document turnaround times. Also, their "Everyone has Signed the Document" email is a little confusing as it directs recipients to the large "View Document" icon, which requires them to create a HelloSign account, when the document is already included as a pdf attachment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret using this platform. It should meet all of your signature needs at 1/3 the cost of other platforms.

Doing business all over the country used to mean 5 to 10 days before every signer sent back their documents. With HelloSign, this can be accomplished within minutes. We are saving money on overnight shipment charges, and we are able to fund deals more quickly using HelloSign.

HelloSign review by Christopher D.
Christopher D.

"Best E-Signature for the Money, Hands Down."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, price, unlimited signatures and documents. And our clients love it. They tell us it's much easier for them, compared to manually signing, scanning and sending documents. I also like having all documents available to me on the website, in case I forget to save to our local files. The audit history and validation is also great.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, signatures show-up in weird places on the document, usually due to a stray click of the mouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Do it now! If you're a CPA firm, HelloSign is a game changer. No question about it. You will get work done faster, and you'll delight your clients.

Quickly collecting signatures on tax forms -- Form 8879 specifically, which gives us permission to e-file. Turn-around is MUCH faster than old method of asking client to hand-sign, scan and send back. We also collect signatures on engagement letters and Powers of Attorney. Again, much faster turn-around time, so we get work done faster and more efficiently.

HelloSign review by Diego N.
Diego N.

"Making my workflow a lot easier"

What do you like best?

I really like how HelloSign makes both mine and client's life easier dealing with contracts and agreements. Simplifies everything on both ends and at the same time gives a more professional and reliable image to my business. Using HelloSign gives a peace of mind on both parties and by making the client sign contracts ahead of time I'm able to organize my schedule ahead of time as well. It dropped last minute cancellations down from 15% to 0%. I haven't had a single cancellation from any client so far thanks to how easy it is to handle business through HelloSign.

What do you dislike?

The templates limitation on my current plan. I would like to have more templates for other kinds of contracts I send very often without having to pay more for these options. Sometimes when translating documents from Word to prepare for signing, for some reason the formatting is changed a little bit and some blank spaces are reduced. I wish there were more options as far as formatting such as Date box, without necessarily being Sign Date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the trial. I really liked what HelloSign offered.

Dealing with contracts for everyone. No more need to print and waste papers. Also no need keep going back and forward with clients. It makes client's and my life a lot easier and improves my workflow and time spent with paperwork. Now I'm able to spend more time on what I really should.

HelloSign review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"HelloSign is Great!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can use this for free while you don't have many clients (and therefore less income) and then are able to upgrade when you need more than the allowed 3 contracts per month for unlimited contracts. HelloSign makes it simple and easy to upload my contract as a PDF and then add signature and text boxes for my client to fill in. And the process is smooth and looks super professional to clients, which I love! Also the one time I talked with their customer service they were extremely helpful! I recommend this to everyone needing an electronic contract service!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to edit my PDFs in hello sign and keep my design intact. For most, this isn't an issue because they're using Google docs or something similar to create their contract, but since I'm a designer I create my contracts in Illustrator so they look unique and polished. I wish there was a way to be able to edit these PDFs and to just change name and project info directly in Hello Sign while keeping my same fonts and format. Not a deal breaker though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! HelloSign is great!

Before Hello Sign, I was emailing PDFs and having them print, sign, and scan or mail back to me. Such a time waster! This is super easy and takes less than 5 minutes for me to upload and send and less than 5 minutes for my client to sign and send back to me!

HelloSign review by Nadya K.
Nadya K.

"Simplified signatures"

What do you like best?

HelloSign is extremely simple for your users and requires little training for them to understand. Allows you to create template links for acknowledgement form which makes working with large numbers a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Most of the features are quite limiting on the Pro plan with too many features on the Business plan especially for start ups

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to send out mass acknowledgment forms, standard contracts frequently or just prefer to go paperless but retain an audit trail, hellosign is one of the better options. Spring for a Pro Plan !

Contract signing. It is paper free and faster

HelloSign review by Temitope E.
Temitope E.

"We now close deals faster. "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of use Hellosign provides its users. Allowing ourselves, clients and partners create and insert signatures into the dotted lines without the need of unnecessary actions like printing out a document,and scanning.

What do you dislike?

We also use another product from the same company known as Hellofax. Will be fantastic if these two softwares integrates with each other ; without the need to login seperatly every other day.

Hellosign has made it easy for us to close deals with clients much faster and efficiently. Rather than the old conventional method of either having to send a representative Down to a foreign country just to sign a contract or having to forward paper documents to partners and clients : hellosign enable our clients sign the dotted lines in a few minutes,courtesy this basic but important tool.

HelloSign review by Consultant

"Great product, helpful+responsive customer service "

What do you like best?

HelloSign has helped me electronically sign contracts, 1099 forms and more. I appreciate having the ability to download my documents or keep a copy in my account on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I have the freemium model which is fine, but the calendar with which my account is set up is not done from the 1st to the 30th/31st. I once had a Limit message that said I exceeded my signs for the month and I was so confused! Turns out, it was due to the time my account started and how that was set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have my loyalty!

Confidentiality, mobility! I don’t have to print a paper, scan it, and email it back. It does in fact save time!

HelloSign review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Simple but strong choice for e-document management"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of adding and managing documents makes the process of getting things signed very quick and painless. The updates that you receive at every step of the process are excellent.

I've used support a couple of times and they've always been very fast and helpful.

The document setup tool (where you select what needs signing and by whom) is very well built and easy to use. The UX is great both for the administrator and the end users who need to sign the documents.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about the platform, as it's fairly simple and 'just works'. It's probably a touch expensive for what it does, but I understand the need to charge the price per user that they do, as their business model means that organizations won't usually need to buy many user licenses in total.

Fast turnaround for document signing for our SaaS platform.

HelloSign review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"For occasional use-, it's easy to use and at the right price point- Free!"

What do you like best?

This application is free to use, simple to navigate, easy-to-follow instructions. When signing only a few documents per month, there really isn't any other program out there like it! It's also easy to collaborate with others if necessary.

What do you dislike?

There are only a limited amount of documents one can sign per month, so other applications must be utilized if you exceed that amount. Collaboration depends on whether others can utilize a Google docs account. Mobile access is difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Identify how many documents you will need to sign electronically. If the number is relatively small, this would be a product to absolutely consider

I am able to cut out the "print, sign, scan" headache I used to have to go through just to send a signed document. Additionally, the signature looks more smooth and professional than with other like products

HelloSign review by Victor H.
Victor H.

"I like signing docs with HelloSign"

What do you like best?

The gmail integration is really helpful, I like the "save my default signature" feature, I can share with my business partners our contracts in a secure way. It is a great service and there is not too much alternatives outside. THIS IS FOR THE HELLOSIGN TEAM: The API is so awesome, even for Ruby devs there is a gem you can use, very good guys you are doing it great!

What do you dislike?

Truth is I like all of this app, there is nothing to complain for the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is so simple to use that you do not need to learn anything at all to start using this app.

Help me singing my contracts with my partners, and also singing confidential docs.

HelloSign review by Pema L.
Pema L.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE Hellosign. Makes my job so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I love being able create templates with frequently used forms that we can hyperlink and send out to the entire company.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I wish the text fields were responsive so that if a person's response is longer than the field allows for, it doesn't cut off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your entire company is onboard instead of having a bunch of disparate systems for e-signatures.

We use Hellosign to:

- send permission slips to parents for them to sign.

- send enrollment contracts to new families when we admit them to our school

- send tax forms, medical waiver forms, I-9s, and other HR required documents during onboarding

- send out employee handbook and policies for all employees to sign

Very easy to use and reduces the need to chase down paper contracts, scanning docs, etc. Saves tons of time.

HelloSign review by Patricia M.
Patricia M.

"Hellosign transformed our contract signing process."

What do you like best?

Hellosign enable my organization sign agreements and contracts with our clients remotely. Eliminating the need to move around heavy, bulky paperworks from one location to another just for clients to append their signature.

It is very simple to use ,legally binding on all parties using it to sign contracts and I believe is a steal at 40$ per month.

What do you dislike?

We still encounter clients and partners who prefer to sign agreements physically ,as against making use of Hellosign.But these are clients who had never heard about Hellosign in the first place.

Hellosign provides my organization with a fast, cost-effective alternative way to sign agreements with our clients and partners,while also ensuring whatever agreement we sign with them via Hellosign is legally binding.

HelloSign review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"It just works so well"

What do you like best?

The process of adding documents requiring eSignatures is extremely fast and simple. The HelloSign team have provided a well-considered method in which to add documents (either from local machines or cloud-based services like Google Docs, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and OneDrive) and, depending your account type, with the option of using templates for frequent file types. Equally so, assigning signatories and defining what and where within the document they need to sign is a very quick and easy process.

On receipt of the document, the user process - from opening to signing - is excellent, with all actions appended as an audit trail to the document which becomes legally binding. Perfect for my company which does much of its work with remote companies.

What do you dislike?

My only (minor) gripe relates to email security. When sending a document out to two or more prospective signatories, I have witnessed emails intended for one recipient being forwarded to another. This is a potentially compromising situation and I would encourage more clarity within HelloSign's generic email message (although, to be fair, a basic message is already presented within the recipient's email) but maybe to consider a methodology which mitigates the risk of such private documents being made accessible to unintended parties, i.e. email accounts or domains which do not match the original recipient's address. I realise this may not be HelloSign's issue, but a gateway page may be prudent (which is presented only from email clicks to users who are not already logged in and/or registered)?

Recommendations to others considering the product

An affordable eSignature service which is constantly improving.

I run an digital agency serving many overseas customers. I use HelloSign to present a wide range of documents from initial proposals through to legal agreements and creative/development approval forms. No longer do we need to wait hours or days for clients to sign-off on work or put them through the headache of printing, signing, scanning, and re-sending documents we require their signatures on. HelloSign's service is legal and binding and we have adopted this as our preferred online eSignature solution. The added bonus is having visibility when documents are being opened and by which recipient. Most importantly, all involved parties are afforded peace of mind. This has helped us to improve relationships with existing customers and expedites arrangements with new.

Need I also mention the environmental considerations this presents simply by circumventing document printing? Great work, HelloSign.

HelloSign review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Nothing but the best!!!"

What do you like best?

HelloSign is awesome! As a business running on Google Apps we really enjoy the fact that HelloSign fully integrates with our Drive account. In addition we can sign and save or email. Price point is also spot on for single users as well as there Business Plan.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the option of adding Single Users to any plan instead of having to buy additional plans as need be. For instance when we picked up a second employee we would of liked the option to add a second user to the pro plan for a smaller monthly fee. Once we continued to grow we the Business Plan made sense but the option would have been nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. If I had to make one suggestion though it would be to create additional plan options for small business users.

Chat is a necessary tool for any business looking to cast a large online net. Once we realized the value it was a simple decision and one that I'm very happy we made.

HelloSign review by Colleen S.
Colleen S.

"HelloSign is fast and saves printer ink and paper!"

What do you like best?

Easily upload documents and sign, date and fill in text fields. Then download or email. You can even use hellofax to fax documents. Super easy and super fast!

What do you dislike?

Free version doesn't have enough allowable uses, yet the paid version has more than I would need regularly. Wish they had a pay per overage feature for when you hit your limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend HelloSign. It's easy to sign up, it's user interface is intuitive, and it's fast!

Easy and fast way to turn around biz and personal docs. Need a school form signed and sent back to the school while you are on the road? Need an SOW signed for business but don't want to lose valuable time while the printer is down? Hellosign has you covered!

HelloSign review by Clint A.
Clint A.

"A once painful & lengthy process is now simple, quick and super efficient"

What do you like best?

Users can sign & submit from anywhere at anytime on any device. This has completely changed and improved the process for sending and receiving signed, completed, accurate documents in a timely manner. With the template feature I only had to create the document once and now thousands of students each year can complete the required documents. Instant notification of when documents are completed and being submitted through HelloSign guarantees that all required signatures are there and that the document will be readable. Users cannot skip or miss any field before sending. Before when asking users to scan or fax documents back you never knew what quality of file you would get. Some of the scans were unusable, now we never have that issue anymore.

What do you dislike?

Unique field validation would be helpful. I have seen other electronic signature software that you could specify the type of field and it would be validated as an email address, social security number, phone number, text etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering using HelloSign, call and talk to someone there. All the staff I have worked with were extremely friendly and helpful. They answered all of our questions before we signed up and were happy to help with anything we needed when setting up and evaluating the software. I was able to try all the features and know exactly how it was going to work for us before we had to pay anything. Now that we are paying customers the support is just as easy. Any questions are answered quickly and any changes to our account are handled without any headache.

We used to hassle students to print, read, sign, scan, attach or fax and send enrollment documents back to us. Now they receive one link that allows them to open, view, read and sign the documents from any computer, phone, or tablet and send it back to us immediately. It has sped up the process immensely and I can never envision having to do business the old way again. All files are now received the same way and it is so simple. It has removed all tech support calls we used to have to handle, to help users know how to download or scan or attach documents in the past. Also, we know the files are complete and accurate since the user cannot skip a signature or page and still submit.

HelloSign review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great e-signature program!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Does NOT require a signing "order" so can go to multiple people without waiting on any one person in particular. Sends auto reminders to the signers. Sends updates to my e-mail. Has been a HUGE asset to our business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It really is a great program. It allows me to track, change and download easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A big seller for me was that I didn't have to have an order of signing . This has been a game changer for me. So much better!!

We require a LOT of signatures. A lot less Fed-Ex (saves money). I have very few companies tell me they can't take the e-signatures. I occasionally still need wet signatures (banks, loan paperwork, etc) but for everything else, this is perfect.

HelloSign review by Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.

"Secure and easy "

What do you like best?

I love that this program saves a lot of time and paper by having a platform that allows the clients and the doctor to sign importbsbt documents, especially ones that are time sensitive. Also, I enjoy how it sends reminders of the document(s) weren’t signed in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to set my own reminders for documents to be signed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is by far one of the best programs I’ve used to date as far as security and reliability.

It’s helped with paper waste, security, and organization.

HelloSign review by Gregory S.
Gregory S.

"Fast and Easy Digital Signatures"

What do you like best?

HelloSign is easy to use to collection signatures fast. It emails once someone has viewed the document and once they complete the signature process. The panel is clean and easy to understand. The document flow works great.

What do you dislike?

I wish you would be able to send the user a link and attach the document once completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to answer and easy to create documents.

HelloSign provides a quick and fast system to collect signatures and complete your agreements. It also has an audit trail to make everything legally sound.

HelloSign review by Kaile B.
Kaile B.

"Most Intuitive E-Sign Process Ever"

What do you like best?

Super slick and intuitive, test half a dozen e-signature companies and Hello Sign was by far the easier to use for both the user and the customer. Easy to track and send reminder and customize signature spaces.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to be able to cc another email for tracking updates without having to buy another user

Revamping our signature process by trying to go paperless. HelloSign has been great for quickly gathering signatures and not bogging down the client more with clumsy software.

HelloSign review by Samantha N.
Samantha N.

"A Great Digital Signature Contract "

What do you like best?

It's an easy platform to get signatures and agreements signed and back quickly. It also has an audit trail that will make everything legally sound.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more templates, for the plans and levels I could use more templates to help speed up the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple, streamlined and legally sound document collection software, then HelloSign is the answer and what you are looking for.

The ability to get legally sound agreements signed and excited.

HelloSign review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"Easy and Effective Digital Signatures"

What do you like best?

HelloSign is easy and effective. It gets the job done and easy to set-up and follow. It has useful features on each package level and an audit trail when needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish each plan come with more templates, it seems the templates don't match the subscription model tiers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, we'll be happy. It's a great product, easy to use and allows you to complete the sales process quickly.

HelloSigns allows us to complete the sales process and get deals done quickly.

HelloSign review by Catherine P.
Catherine P.

"Hellosign business user"

What do you like best?

The easiness of uploading documents and editing with features fields. The use of the signature, text, etc. boxes and putting them in the document and preparing it. The only thing is getting the boxes to line up with one another on the lines. I think there should be a moving guide that shows when the lines are lining up with each other.

Slack integration is definitely helpful when getting back notifications and notifying others of signed or sent out documents. We use this to communicate back and forth with certain employees to show them the documents have been completed and cc the program that we use for sales.

What do you dislike?

Admin cant sort and archive documents. Lack of template links and templates in paid version, only 5. Other programs we have used have much more or unlimited templates and template links to use. Not able to sort each user's documents from admin user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the pricing structure if you are using this. If you can sign up as one person and only use it as one person, then the free version is good enough. If you have several other people using it then the other versions are worth it. But I think that hellosign really needs to look at the allotted amount of templates/template links they give with the paid version.

We need a api integration for our program with this.

HelloSign review by Niki P.
Niki P.

"Conveniently awesome"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about HelloSign is how convenient is it to sign documents or request signatures on a document. It's got a sleek interface and is pretty easy to use for the most part. Very intuitive design.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most is having to manually prepare what information needs to be completed by the other party. I wish it would auto-figure that out and just have me confirm or reject what needs to completed for forms requiring much more than a signature.

Another thing I really disliked is how I automatically charged me for an entire year after a trial (as opposed to be charged month to month instead). When I cancelled my subscription (to avoid being charged for another year), it revoked my right to all the paid features for the year I just paid and never got a refund. That was really disappointing and left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll likely invest in docusign before making another investment in Hello Sign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is only good for simple documents that require strictly signatures and initials and/or limited fill in the blank texts like name and contact info. If you have a lengthy questionnaire that needs to be completed, this may not be the best tool for that because then you would have to manually identify all the questions that you need your client to complete and that can be a huge pain. The free version is perfect if you don't have more than 1 or 2 documents to sign or be signed. If you have more document flow, then it would actually be worth it.

The business problem I am solving is clients not having access to a printer or scanner and not being able to submit requested documents in a timely manner. The benefit I have realized is convenience and timeliness.

HelloSign review by Ron R.
Ron R.

"Hello Sign Became Useful"

What do you like best?

I like its ease of use and clean web presence. It has certainly made my busy lifestyle a little smoother. Everything is organised and easy to get to. I enjoy the optional features that it provides. I like that my Clients with the stroke of their finger can authorize and it's nice to get the notification that a signing was completed.

What do you dislike?

I don't notice anything wrong because I use it for what I need to use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you tired of submitting single entry docs? Then you may want to try Hellosign as it makes your job that much more easier. Stop having to write and re-write your signature multiple times.

The fact that I don't have to print or fax documents to my clients any more. The ease of use from a client's point of view. It didn't require them to interrupt their day to download and upload just to sign off on the documents. I like the fact that I can log on from anyplace and access my documents.

HelloSign review by Paula D.
Paula D.

"Easy to use software for paperless finance processes"

What do you like best?

No more paper! No more filing! We use hellosign for approval of invoices and authorisation of payments in our accounts payable department. It makes these processes easier and more flexible for staff in various locations to work together. We love the audit trail and the fact that we can drag and drop pdf's so no more printing, scanning and filing piles of paper. We also like that we can integrate with google drive.

What do you dislike?

We would like the ability to use the mobile app to sign documents which is not currently available. This would add the flexibility for our managers to approve on the go.

We have had issues with the order of uploaded documents being incorrect, and have also been unable to upload a large number of documents intermittently.

It would be great to be able to send more than one document for signing at a time (so that multiple documents each with the audit sheet at the end would return signed from one email). The uploading of each invoice separately and sending it off individually when we could send a batch to be signed takes time.

*We no longer have stacks of paper to file, we just drag and drop into our electronic filing system

*We no longer have to print or scan documents, we receive pdf invoices by email, upload them for signing, drag and drop to file, combine into a batch when ready for payment and upload them for authorisation

*At audit time we can put all our filed documents on a hard drive for the auditors instead of them coming into the office and going through tonnes of lever arch files

HelloSign review by Olabisi O.
Olabisi O.

"No need to courier documents. "

What do you like best?

Nice and intuitive user interface, with a short learning curve. It greatly reduced the workload and time space usually spent to get a contract signed. Hellosign has eliminated the need to courier contract documents, and enable us get contracts signed within a week: an activity which usually took at least a month to complete

What do you dislike?

We also use Hellofax which is a product from the same company, but Interestingly we are unable to integrate the two together. This need be worked on.

Hello sign ensures we get the contract signing stage of projects with clients done with as fast as possible. This tool has helped us in creating a dependable signature workflow.

HelloSign review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Easy way to handle signatures with great integration options"

What do you like best?

I love having an easy way to request, manage, and traffic documents for signatures. This is always a tedious task and Hellosign makes it painless.

What do you dislike?

My use so far has been fairly simple - requesting multiple signatures, using templates, integrating with Gmail. I haven't come across a feature problem yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a need to collect e-signatures, definitely give HelloSign a try!

Gathering e-signatures in a technologically simple and efficient manager.

HelloSign review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"The best document signing tool around!"

What do you like best?

This e-signature tool is by far the easiest to use -- making it something I am confident using to share documents internally and externally to partners and clients for a seamless signing experience.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I do wish that the template management feature was a bit easier to use in that you can make small one time edits to templates specific to that one customer you will be sending the document to.

Streamlining the signing processes -- helps us get deals and agreements signed much more quickly. Especially helpful when a signing authority might be out of the office, so they can sign on the go!

HelloSign review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Great alternative to DocuSign"

What do you like best?

HelloSign is a great alternative to DocuSign for the occasional sender. We paid a lot for DocuSign every year and used it only a few times a month. HelloSign is free for a few sends per month.

What do you dislike?

The one feature that DocuSign had that HelloSign doesn't is the ability to see when people view the document that you send.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are low volume sender, this is definitely the product for you.

The ability to send documents to be digitally signed.

Learn more about HelloSign

HelloSign Videos

Learning about HelloSign?

* We monitor all HelloSign reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7