What do you like best?
I've been using HelloSign since launch, and am a prior DocuSign user.
Hellosign is great as the interface is ridiculously easy to use (great for both office staff and clients alike). It works well on all platforms, and integrates with HelloFax.
I use HelloSign to complete insurance applications, contracts, and other miscellaneous forms on a daily basis.
The Gmail plugin is one of my most oft-used features as I can complete and return a signed document in a matter of SECONDS, instead of having to download it, open/upload, sign, save, and send back.
What do you dislike?
My list of complaints with HelloSign is short, and really less of a list of complaints and more of a wishlist. It's a small price to pay for not having an over-complicated and bloated interface:
* Would like recurring fields (i.e. being able to fill out one field and it populates the same field across the whole document). I have forms that need Name / initials / date / ID # on every single page and it would be amazing to have these automatically fill out based on an earlier field.
* Would like fixed-width support. Acrobat DC just started supporting this and it makes a huge difference when completing forms that have single-character grids.
* Better mobile support. Still a bit kludgy on mobile devices, but usable.
* It tries to be helpful by auto-positioning fields on click but this becomes an issue when you have, say, a load of checkboxes close to each other. The system then keeps selecting an already-placed field. I end up having to create a checkbox on the other side of the page and drag it into place.
* Every so often it just "doesn't like" a document. I can't explain it, it will just not process. I find that re-saving a PDF or converting it from DOCX to PDF sometimes works.
Recommendations to others considering the product
This is better for individual and business users that strictly need things signed. Not as good for massive automation like some competitors, but the benefit is that it's MUCH easier to use.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Turnaround for signatures from clients has been greatly reduced. Very little support needs to be given to have clients use this.