Help Scout

A help desk for teams that insist on a delightful customer experience

Work for Help Scout?
Dixa 2x mod

Learning about Help Scout?

Help Scout Reviews

Ask Help Scout a Question
Showing 97 Help Scout reviews
Help Scout review by <span>Lauren H.</span>
Lauren H.

Help Scout is Trustworthy, Helpful, Friendly...

What do you like best?

I love being able to separate inboxes as well as assign emails to different employees. It really helps clean up the inbox and helps keep emails from stacking up. The auto responses are incredibly helpful and make responding to emails so much simpler and go by much faster. Being able to connect emails to Shopify and MailChimp is another super important and extremely helpful feature that I'm so, so happy with!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of really anything that I dislike. I think it doesn't always catch spam emails but that really hasn't been an issue and there haven't been too many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little bit of getting used to as far as opening emails and having them not be marked as read- it's super helpful, just something to get used to. It really is very easy to use, it's easy to train people on, and it's great for connecting to other software/websites for your business.

Being able to sync with our other systems (Shopify and MailChimp) has made it so much easier to pull up customers info and to reply to emails much faster. Seeing how many emails need to be assigned to specific employees helps us see who's covering how many emails, which employees typically cover what kinds of questions, and other patterns like that. I need to look more into the reports tab, I'm sure there's even more I can do, but I'm already really impressed with everything I have been using.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Help Scout
Help Scout review by <span>Philippe H.</span>
Philippe H.

Useful in dealing with a constant flow of support tickets

What do you like best?

We enjoy having a mailbox for each of our account managers and the ability to move messages from mailbox to mailbox in just 2 clicks. Plus, it is a simple and intuitive tool to use and all the built-in features appear pertinent for any average user.

What do you dislike?

The built-in search engine is sometimes tricky to use if you want to make sure to get all the concerned results. Moreover, I'd like to have a little bit more flexibility from the analytics even though it is pretty decent as it is right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, your team will benefit from easy collaboration and improved productivity with regard to support.

We are using it as our support ticket tool and feel that we are getting great value because it allows our support team to work more effectively and reply to our customer quicker.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Help Scout review by <span>Don C.</span>
Don C.

Great UX reduces agent frustration and increases productivity

What do you like best?

The agent UI / UX - Easy for agents to see what they have open, which encourages them to deal with the tickets faster. The Unassigned page is perfectly designed for triaging as it updates live and quickly. The interface is very snappy and we rarely encounter bugs.

I also love the Zapier endpoints, Webhooks, and the versatility of the API so I can create many useful integrations and business processes.

Customers rave about the Docs site and find the Beacon very user-friendly and convenient.

What do you dislike?

- You can only make one webhook

- Can't upsert tags via the API

- While HS is always raving about how friendly and great their support team is, they rarely dig deep into issues, and leave you on your own to figure out any issues that begin to become complex. They don't "go the extra mile".

1. Improve the self help experience for customers

2. Improve the efficiency / happiness of agents

Help Scout review by <span>Alex B.</span>
Alex B.

Help Desk Meets Shared Inbox & Email Decluttering Tool

What do you like best?

The UI/UX of Help Scout is beautiful. You can tell that they put a lot of thought into the design of the tool. The functionality is incredible as well. With "Workflows" to identify inbound emails and direct them/assign them where you need them to go based on many different triggers, very powerful.

I have actually decluttered my inbox significantly by creating a "mailbox" within Help Scout which is called "newsletters" and I have all of the great articles that I am subscribed to go to Help Scout instead of directly to my inbox. Now when I go to my G Suite inbox, I know that the emails showing there are time sensitive and important.

It is also a gem for the help desk side of things. Managing inbound support inquiries from clients is a joy within Help Scout. So much in-fact that we have been pushing Help Scout to our own clients because it has worked so well for us!

What do you dislike?

I really wish there was some type of timer that could begin when you start working on a support ticket. It does not even natively integrate with Harvest which would be great. We really need to be able to know how much time we spend solving individual support tickets (sometimes to bill clients based on the time spent).

It would be great if there was some type of "live chat" functionality baked into the Beacon which you can host on your site. Having competitors similar to Intercom, it would be great to kill two birds with one stone versus getting our clients set up on a help desk + live chat service. Would be awesome if they could integrate this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not currently have a Help Desk, are sharing an inbox between employees, or have an out of control inbox, a Help Desk is a must-have. Especially one like Help Scout which is built very well for these use-cases and is very easy to use. Yet powerful.

Customer support, info requests, sales requests, email decluttering, alert system (for the IT side of our business, alerts get pushed into Help Scout and we can monitor them nicely from there depending on whether or not we have to take action).

Help Scout review by <span>Marie C.</span>
Marie C.

Great Tool!

What do you like best?

I like the newly added ability to tag people into your convo threads! It makes things easier when you're looking to get the feedback from multiple users instead of assigning to individual parties.

What do you dislike?

I miss that search would auto-populate suggested items, now you have to type the full name/item in search and scroll through your options. A small step but it takes away from productivity times in the long run if you're doing multiple searches in a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bringing back the "smart-generation" for the search menu, I preferred when search didn't send you to a new page prior to the update that occurred with it earlier this year.

Connecting with members to find solutions asap for various questions, and being able to get the info needed from different teams (billing, leadership, events, etc) to follow up. Also being able to tag emails with various key words to make sorting easier and efficient.

Help Scout review by <span>Ricardo W.</span>
Ricardo W.

Like to use Help Scout .

What do you like best?

Definitely I will say that i like that software a lot! It's great enough. so easy to understand and pick up for every one. Everything is clear and easy. Perfect support service.

What do you dislike?

Actually i have just positive thoughts about that product. Will be not so nice to start talk about it bad as i know that work with it can do much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If till now you don't have this solution than it's better to get it. For sure no doubt If somebody will ask me which one is better i will tell just go with Help Scout. Just use it.

As for my office It helped us being so much better at assistance our customers .We can realize where we should to develop our app. So great to work with that one with no stress.

Learning about Help Scout?

* We monitor all Help Scout reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.