HelpNDoc

HelpNDoc helps you write and manage your documentation from an easy to use yet powerful help authoring environment

Work for HelpNDoc?

Learning about HelpNDoc?

HelpNDoc Reviews

Ask HelpNDoc a Question
Showing 11 HelpNDoc reviews
HelpNDoc review by Fabiola D.
Fabiola D.

"HelpNDoc allowed us to create different versions of our help document, using the same source"

What do you like best?

Our challenge was that we needed to share the help documentation for our software product via a compiled help viewer, our website, on a mobile phone friendly view and as a single html page. Before HelpNDoc, we were using Word as the source and then modifying it for each different target. That was not efficient and led to possible errors and inconsistencies. HelpNDoc offered the additional benefit of being able to embed videos from our youtube channel with ease and sharing it among all the different views.

We ran into a couple of technical issues and their technical support was courteous, fast and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Outside of using the templates that ship with the product, we did have to remember some of our Pascal days in order to modify the one page html view to add our own table of contents. Also, there is no easy way to make the html output WordPress compatible, so we had to get creative there as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the shipping build templates, generate the help documentation using that and then switch to tweaking the templates if you need to.

We found that we could have professional looking documentation that met most of our needs, released with that and then had more time to make the tweaks we needed and publish the updates.

Having a single source for different views is a time/money saver. It improves the quality of our help documentation.

Our documentation looks professional and reflects all the time that we have invested in producing a high quality product.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HelpNDoc
HelpNDoc review by Katie Y.
Katie Y.

"HelpNDoc Fan"

What do you like best?

My favorite characteristic of the system is it’s abilitly to convert my documents to a variety of formats including HTML, PDF and it even creates documents that are compatible with Kindle’s Ebooks. It also helps to identify a problem or potential problems with the various formats that I have created.

What do you dislike?

I am not the most tech savvy person, so it took some time for me to get the hang of the system and understand it’s full functionality. However, I’m sure it is easier to understand for someone who tests and utilizes a variety of softwares and systems frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth checking out if you frequently develop and distribute written documents.

Developing one document that is compatible with and can be converted to multiple platforms. This is useful for publishing public documents.

What Help Authoring Tool (HAT) solution do you use?

HelpNDoc review by Andrei M.
Andrei M.

"We use it for our internal manuals"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to create beautiful nested HTML documents.

What do you dislike?

We store our manuals as HTML in Dropbox. While team members can edit the .hnd file, they cannot generate the HTML files unless they change the path that would be relative to where THEIR dropbox folder is. This means that usually only one person ends up generating HTML files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even their free version is amazing

Internal manuals for the team. We LOVE it!

HelpNDoc review by User in Higher Education

"HelpNDoc Help Guides"

What do you like best?

HelpNDoc is very easy to install and use. It exports to a number of different formats including CHM and PDF. I have authored help documents using this software that are linked to VB.NET WinForms code, and the interaction between .NET and the HelpNDoc CHM works perfectly to provide in-application context sensitive help. For anyone who needs to generate PDF manuals or CHM help files, this is the software I recommend you use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about HelpNDoc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to write CHM and PDF documents for users of your software, then HelpNDoc definitely is the right tool for this job. It is relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and easy to learn and use. As far as I am aware, you can even publish to mobile formats for mobile users of your applications.

For an application called Lucid Recall that assesses the working memory of children from 7 years to 16.5 years of age, I needed a way to write a context sensitive help file, and generate a PDF manual for use by teachers and IT support staff. HelpNDoc helped me to achieve both, and the released software includes all the relevant help and advice that both teachers and IT personnel require in order to do their required work.

HelpNDoc review by Brian P.
Brian P.

"Best review"

What do you like best?

I liked this the best because it was very easy to work with. The product is very comfy and let's you just go right into it without any issues.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the survey part of this because it took me too long for it.

We are solving many issues with this because it's allowing us to organize.

HelpNDoc review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"I use HelpNDoc to create personal help files related to software development."

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to build help files in many different formats. For example, if I want to call my help documentation from a windows application that I wrote - I generate a .chm file. I can also generate the code required to link to a specific help topic with the help file.

What do you dislike?

One feature that I wish it had (if it has it I can't find it), is the ability to sort the menu items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy to use help authoring application that allows you to generate just about any type of help file you can think of.

I use the application to generate help files to help other users (and myself) understand how certain processes are performed and all of the necessary steps required to complete certain processes.

HelpNDoc review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

" user friendly to create help documents"

What do you like best?

Easy to use authoring tool that allows for help system, saved pin commonly used formats. Clean interface

What do you dislike?

The licensing is limited in standard edition

Easy to navigate time-saving, common formats

HelpNDoc review by Bartt N.
Bartt N.

"Great Help Doc Generation Tool"

What do you like best?

All the different formats supported, and there are many

What do you dislike?

The banner advertisements can be annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Documenting medium to complex development efforts and workflows.

HelpNDoc review by Mollie M.
Mollie M.

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

The compatibility of the iPhone help documents

What do you dislike?

Small glitches when using the app form, but overall positive

Help documents for iphone

HelpNDoc review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Easy to use help authoring software"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to produce animated content.

Help file generation for software products.

HelpNDoc review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Reasonable program for manual creation"

What do you like best?

Tree-like structure, fast, easy to install

What do you dislike?

1990's-like interface. Could use a facelift

Create a Help file for a program

Learning about HelpNDoc?

* We monitor all HelpNDoc reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.