Hero

Hero makes student behavior management applications for K12 schools. It is designed to recognize students for stand out behavior.

Work for Hero?

Learning about Hero?

Hero Reviews

Ask Hero a Question
Showing 29 Hero reviews
Hero review by James H.
James H.

"Dramatic Change in School Culture"

What do you like best?

I really love being able to recognize all the students for doing what they are supposed to be doing. I like that the system is school wide and can be tracked. I like the idea of a Hero store where students can receive some small reward for resisting peer pressure to slack off and/or fail. I like being able to give points on my phone, iPad, or computer.

What do you dislike?

The only dislikes I have are related to usability of the software. They really need to streamline the process for giving points. There is also a problem with lag time after clicking the button to issue points.

Our business problem was that we had a very large number of students who were very deliberately avoiding going to class and arriving late. Some would literally walk in the other direction when the tardy bell rang. Others would be on the other side of the quad and start walking very slowly towards class only once the tardy bell had already rang. This caused multiple interruptions to classroom instruction. Another problem we had was a sense of disaffection from the 80-90% of the students not causing trouble due to all the attention received by the problem students.

Since implementing Hero, I have personally witnessed a dramatic change in the number of tardy students. I regularly see students actually running to get to class before the bell rings. I have also seen an increased "buy-in" from the "good" students and the "fence-sitters" as they realize they will be recognized for doing what they are supposed to even when that one or two are having a melt down.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hero
Hero review by Carol U.
Carol U.

"Heroes Succeed"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to monitor the hallway in the morning and give points to students for excellent behavior on the spot with my cell phone.

I like that I can track my kindergarteners all week and given them points on Friday by pulling up my whole class.

What do you dislike?

When I track my students at the end of the week I wish I could easily adjust the number of points I give for each student, so I didn't have to do it individually. I would like to change the number from 5 to 4 or 3.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with IT!

I am seeing more students on task and correcting inappropriate behavior when they hear me say that someone else is going to get a hero point. I have also found that I am able to give a point for being responsible by bringing in their homework.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

Hero review by Tiana K.
Tiana K.

"Awesome Program...Needs a Few Tweaks"

What do you like best?

I like that students can be tracked for basically any kind of behavior. I also like that we are tracking only positive behaviors at our school because it doesn't make sense to me to deduct points for negative behaviors; we want to perpetuate the positive, so we have to acknowledge the positive behaviors as much as possible. I also like the change in school climate that HERO has brought to our school, and I'm glad that teachers and students are getting more and more involved.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the redemption of points process. I wish we could simply scan an ID, and a screen would pop up to show me how many points that student has as well as the student's name. I would then want a small window to pop up that will ask me how many points I'd like to redeem, and I would simply type in how many points the kids are spending. Right now, the redemption maximum is 250 points. We have some things in our store worth 500, 750, 1,000, and even 10,000 points. There are only two of us who work our store right now, so the two of us have to sit there and redeem points sometimes for 30-45 minutes after the kids leave the store to make sure everything is kept up to date and accurate. I'm sure there is a simpler way to make this process happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your Infinite Campus or SIS system already has a data sharing agreement with HERO or Clever because it's very difficult to do manual uploads, and it's time consuming.

Well, I'm not sure if this is business related, but our school climate does seem much more positive than previous years. Grades have gone up (for the most part), students seem happier, staff seem less stressed, and the campus itself just seems to have a way more positive vibe to it. I can't attribute ALL of that to HERO, but I do say the implementation of this program is, in large part, the reason for the successes. The students are also coming in for privileges and school supplies, which are fun and also necessary, so it's cool to see the things that really motivate the students. We have kids coming in EVERY DAY to the HERO store at our school, and they love to purchase whatever they can with the points they've earned. I think HERO is a way more universal PBIS tool than other methods we've tried in the past, so I'm happy that our school took the leap to try this. I'm also very proud to be the point-person at our school for the HERO program. :)

Hero review by Brandi G.
Brandi G.

"This is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I must say I like it, for all of the years I was teaching 10+... I was more focused on the bad kids, pushing the button, pleading with them to be on task, writing discipline referrals, worried about skippers. THE GOOD KIDS GOT IGNORED AND NO REWARDS. Really the BEST KIDS, JUST SLIPPED BY CAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM. With this new Hero system, I get to reward the good kids, the ones that do what they are supposed to do EVERYDAY! And they can see how much I appreciate them for being good, respectful, peer tutors and just all around awesome... PLUS I FIND MYSELF ACTUALLY INTERACTING WITH THESE GOOD KIDS EVEN MORE... WE ARE NOW TALKING ABOUT THEIR LIFE AND DREAMS, FUTURE PLANS, AND COLLEGE...AND I HAVE NOTICED THAT MY PROBLEM STUDENTS ARE TRYING TO STEP UP, because they are not getting my attention anymore!!! THINK ABOUT THAT!... Plus, the students that are following the rules, YOU KNOW, THE ONES WE USED TO IGNORE... are getting rewards from the school. Like special luncheons, free movie passes, and special events. I have started to pay more attention to the everyday "awesome" students who really don't get recognized! I am loving this HeroK12 program! AND FOR ALL OF THE TEACHERS WHO THINK "WHY SHOULD I REWARD THEM FOR DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO?"... I SAY BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE DOES!

What do you dislike?

Need more options for custom points. I would like to give more than 1 or 2 points at a time. There should be an option were a teacher cam make their own custom rewards for their class. The students are also having difficulty recovering their password though their school email (they can only get mail from teachers). There needs to be a way for students to recover passwords without out using the school email system.

Allows me to reward students for positive behavior. Gets kids focused on being on task.

Hero review by John C.
John C.

"Good start"

What do you like best?

We are using HERO to track attenndance andnpositive behavior only. The interface is great buy the app is a bit lacking. For example, you have to individually look up a students name to track them and it doesn't give you the ability to have a class pop up. This makes the app a bit useless. It is easy to use and I appreciate that.

What do you dislike?

I bit to limiting in what you can convey and I wish you could link it directly to other applications we use like Skyward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it everyday to ensure it becomes partnof your routine.

We are able to proactively measure student behavior we want to celebrate.

"HERO WORKS"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility HERO provides. Our school can tailor the character traits we wish to reinforce and set it up for all teachers.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes are related to the human factor. Unfortunately, not all teachers are consistent. So, if students are supposed to received HERO points in one class that day, and that teacher does not do it, the child loses out. We all need to be on the same page and buy into this great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NOne

Keeping track of my students' GOOD character traits helps me focus on the positive instead of negative behaviors which is easy to fall into in the classroom with middle school students.

Hero review by Karessa P.
Karessa P.

"Hero and Positive School Climate"

What do you like best?

Hero helps me be intentional about focusing on the positive things happening in my classroom.

What do you dislike?

The teacher app is already great, but could use a few tweaks just to make it a little more user friendly.

I am more intentional about focusing on the positive things happening in my classroom, which in turn, makes me a happier person and promotes a much more positive classroom environment.

Hero review by Dwayne S.
Dwayne S.

"Hero"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Hero provides excellent rewards for engaging in their platform.

What do you dislike?

The incentives are a bit spread out and sometimes take a little while to add new ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the product out in your schools, you will not be disappointed!

Students are more prone to listen and follow directions in class, when they know that Hero points are being distributed.

Hero review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Hero is transforming our middle school, one Hero point at a time!"

What do you like best?

Hero has made such a difference here on our campus! We love the way it has motivated our students work harder and to be kinder!

What do you dislike?

We had a tough time with implementation and getting the initial roll out done in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Aside from what it offers already, The company listens to its customers, and adapts to fit our needs.

We are working to streamline our tardy issue with Hero. By finding a way to stay on top of continual tardy problems through Hero, we are able to to spend more time tackling other issues.

Hero review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"Excellent behavior management system."

What do you like best?

Hero's biggest impact comes in the ability to give instant feedback to students and parents with a user-friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

The software can be somewhat limiting for users who do not have students directly assigned to them.

We use Hero for school-wide behavior management and tracking. Hero helps our staff keep track of struggling students and reward positive behavior.

Hero review by Mark C.
Mark C.

"Hero in the Second Year"

What do you like best?

Implicitly, the effect on the staff far outweighs the effect on the students. Focusing on positive behaviors is a great way to depart from campus.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have checkboxes to select multiple "hero points."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely

Tardies, dress code violations, and ID checks are the diminishing negative behaviors.

Hero review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Very pleased with the positive incentive program."

What do you like best?

Hero is a simple program to track positive student behaviors within the classroom. It is very easy to administer multiple students points.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be linked to our school program Aeries to implement points for attendance but i manage because i understand that there are so many different programs for schools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase this product. It is amazing and the kids love it.

Attendance and behaviors are the biggest problem that hero has solved. It has created a decrease in both of these areas.

Hero review by Jenna J.
Jenna J.

"Love Hero!"

What do you like best?

It really incentivizes students—even high school kids!

What do you dislike?

The server can take a long time and there can be a lot of steps to enter points which can be time consuming on a busy day.

Student behavior

Hero review by James W.
James W.

"The use of Hero for classroom management"

What do you like best?

I like that you can give all students recognition on a daily basis and see the difference right away in students behavior.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I have disliked in the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program can help to motivate students and you will see a change if teachers get involved, it is super easy to use as well.

Helping with classroom management and turning around behaviors in the classroom.

Hero review by Administrator

"It's cool to be a HERO"

What do you like best?

The students and teachers have a goal to work towards. Students know what the incentives are and they have choice on how they choose to use their incentive points. Also, the students hold the teachers accountable for giving points as promised. I like the atmosphere and excitement that Hero promotes for doing the right things.

What do you dislike?

The initial set-up and having to deal with adding and withdrawing students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join the Hero Homeroom community and/or partner with another school in your area as it will make the initial set-up a lot easier.

Instantly making parents aware of the positive and negative behaviors at school.

Hero review by Administrator

"Behavior Management at it's finest! "

What do you like best?

I used a token economy in my class prior to our school buying into HERO. Now I don't have to pay out of pocket for the student rewards. Plus, the students really buy into it!

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of clicks to give points.

It gives us a consistency for PBIS.

Hero review by User in Computer Software

"Easy and Quick Behavior Management and Tracking"

What do you like best?

The speed of recording both for consequences and later data analysis and consistency among teachers

What do you dislike?

I want to have more access to information regarding what consequences will occur- sometimes they seem a little unreasonable to the offence chosen so knowing what would happen before it happens would be nice

Data Tracking

"Great SuperHero "

What do you like best?

Hero has been great ever since we implemented it at our high school. It has made the students accountable for their actions and the reward system has worked wonders. The students have enjoyed hero and are always trying to get points in class and in between. I like that they have to build towards a goal. Not just instant gratification.

What do you dislike?

can't think of anything I dislike about Hero

That we have to build towards a goal. That not everything can be at that moment.

Hero review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Hero Helps to Get Students on Task"

What do you like best?

I use Hero in my classroom to encourage students to be on time and to be ready to start diving into that day's lesson.

What do you dislike?

The tracking options can be a little bit limited.

I am able to encourage students to participate and be responsible in class.

"Hero Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to choose which behaviors we will track as a school and group tracking

What do you dislike?

The lack of universal implementation amongst staff moments.

As a middle school educator, Hero has most definitely assisted me with tracking positive behavior and positive reinforcement.

Hero review by Dr. Presley  C.
Dr. Presley C.

"Totally great!"

What do you like best?

I like that we seen change in our school culture based on students being able to track their Hero Points on a App.

What do you dislike?

Still, need to be more teacher friendly.

Ways to improve the product through teacher surveys and feedback

"Super Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Hero is an amazing tool to track students across the school; it streamlines both positive and negative behaviors and attendance amongst all faculty and gives a common tool for information.

What do you dislike?

The app is great, but I wish it allowed you to make comments. You have to be signed in to a computer for that.

Students are rewarded with hero points and it is a great tool for incentives in the classroom.

Hero review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Beneficial to all"

What do you like best?

Flexibility. Students and teachers alike are able to use the software in a variety of ways

What do you dislike?

the learning curve. It takes a while to fully understand all the features.

Student behavior management

Hero review by Carla V.
Carla V.

"Excellent experience with Hero."

What do you like best?

I appreciate how this program motivates students.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of with regard to dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase this product it is worth it!

No problems implementing.

Hero review by Theresa G.
Theresa G.

"New to HERO"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to choose which behaviors as a school.

What do you dislike?

The app not necesarily being able to be fully intergrated witht he online platform

None

Hero review by User

"Positive Rewards - Love it! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I have an easy way to reward my students with positive points

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to pull reports per class rather than a whole group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

The students are willing to behave better and work harder in order to obtain Hero points

Hero review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Great VEHICLE!"

What do you like best?

HERO is a great vehicle to build culture in a unified way.

What do you dislike?

The points cap of 250 is very limiting, hope that changes soon.

It gives students a cohesive understanding of what our school culture is trying to do!

Hero review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great start towards a positive shift in school culture."

What do you like best?

The ability to recognize positive behaviors.

What do you dislike?

not much! still some features that could be added to be more classroom friendly. But that is just being picky.

none

"awsome "

What do you like best?

using Hero is easy and the students understand it

What do you dislike?

I cant access the students quickly from my phone

none

Learning about Hero?

* We monitor all Hero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.