HG Data

HG Data

The global leader in technographics, offering B2B marketers the business intelligence they need to achieve extraordinary results.

Work for HG Data?

Learning about HG Data?

HG Data Reviews

Ask HG Data a Question
Showing 290 HG Data reviews
HG Data review by Alistair C.
Alistair C.

"Easy extension to use when looking for website tech"

What do you like best?

Compared to other tools such as Builtwith, HG allows you to quickly thrawl through the hassle and identify the tools different websites are using. I frequently use this to understand whether a company is using a full Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce stack or whether they seem to be more open source. I think this tool is especially helpful to tech inside sales as they often don't have the technical knowledge of different types of software.

What do you dislike?

HG Data isn't always 100% accurate as sometimes it would indicate that a website is powered by a TYPO3 CMS although it is currently under Drupal. Further to this, the dates attached to the different tools don't seem to be quite accurate. Nevertheless, HG Data allows to grasp the general idea of where a company is aiming to go in terms of digital transformation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not completely comfortable with tools such as Builtwith which show a rough outlay of the architecture of a website and its different components, I would suggest using HG data. You can quickly identify the software (i.e : Salesforce CRM).

This tools helps me with my outreach when i am targetting different prospects. It gives the possibility of steering the conversation by Identifying what CMS, CRM, ERP ... a company is using. Further to this, you can more or less understand whether they are globally using the sames tools or not, allowing you to understand more or less if all decisions are central.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HG Data
HG Data review by Seymour-James Q.
Seymour-James Q.

"Client Service Manager "

What do you like best?

I love the smooth easy to use intuitive functionality of it. This extension is so easy to use that it sometimes seems like its in auto pilot just when you need it, sometimes before. This helps save time and as we know time is money.

What do you dislike?

I wish that i could track at least 4 technologies for free. But ultimately its amazing my co workers always ask me what i'm using and how i know so much about our clients or potential clients and i refer them all to use HG focus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as much as possible it saves time and time is money

I'm solving the most important piece of information to our sales team, and that is knowing what technologies are being used by our target market. By having this info before hand we are lending credibility to our conversations resulting in higher conversion rates for our full sales cycle

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

HG Data review by Rebekah G.
Rebekah G.

"HG Data for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I like the data that it shares on Salesforce. Great talking points for beginning a conversation with anyone from the company that we are calling. I can appreciate the details for each software or application - it even has the year or Operating System version in some cases.

What do you dislike?

Technology gathered is usually only from the website and sometimes the information is incomplete or outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the plug-in on Chrome and then register before you start using it on Salesforce. Make sure that there is a website on Salesforce so that HG Data can pull information from the company. It also only works on Salesforce classic, so make sure you switch from Lighting if you are on that platform.

Great talking points for selling - foot in door with companies. It also allows me to customize my drip campaign for contact management, addressing different pain point for each separate conversations.

HG Data review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Strong resource for enterprise software usage"

What do you like best?

HG Data is a strong resource for enterprise software usage. They have.a strong account management function to ensure customers are getting data in a way that will work with them. They are adding more integrations to help customers better integrate the data into their sales & marketing systems, which is key.

What do you dislike?

Since HG's detection of technolgies is esseentially a 'best guess', the data is imperfect. That's okay, as there is no perfect way to acquire this data, and the key with this is bang for your buck - getting to the best possible data as automated as possible at a fair price. And for the overall process/value, I give HG strong marks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend in, just remember data of this nature is imperfect so plan your approach & programs accordingly.

Data around enterprise software usage (e.g. marketing automation, CRMs) in a scalable way, to feed data for targeted marketing campaigns

HG Data review by Nikko J.
Nikko J.

"Solid tool for finding data"

What do you like best?

This tool is pretty neat. With a click of the button, you're able to find what software stack other companies are using - which is especially useful when you're in sales looking to find target compnies by system used.

What do you dislike?

The data isn't 100% accurate. I think it's a great starting point, and I've found it to definitely be more accurate than not - but would not rely 100% on the accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid baseline for finding information you need

It's helping me reach my target accounts (sales) more efficiently, and helps validate some data that I already had.

HG Data review by Anton S.
Anton S.

"Fantastic Tool for Competitive Insight"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to predetermine which software my prospects are using before speaking with them. In business development, this is giving me a huge advantage when calling in cold to decision makers. Having that knowledge of what they are currently using, and tailoring my pitch to focus on how our solution can compete with what they currently have, and potentially even beat it, has become an indispensable part of my process.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not more information available on each of the software they are using. If it would be possible to gain some further insight into where and how there are using it, as well as some basic information on the features of the software itself - that would be groundbreaking. This could very well be available with a more premium version of the software, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend to figure out which use cases or processes, in particular, your company is seeking to compete against, and using those as your "categories." I would also recommend learning a little bit about the most common software that you see yourself coming up against when using the HG Data tool.

I am solving the problem of calling in "cold" and not knowing what they are using. The benefits I have experienced are being able to prepare better for a call, and addressing common pain points experienced by prospects based on the current software they are using.

HG Data review by Andrew N.
Andrew N.

"Use HG Focus to add quick insight for prospecting"

What do you like best?

HG Focus with the Chrome plug in is a great way to gain valuable business insight while conducting sales research. The ease of use adds to the appeal of the product.

What do you dislike?

No way to determine how current the reported information is. I would also like to know what programs fall into which category as some results are mixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this to be a helpful tool to the sales process. If you intend to research your prospects before contacting them this is an asset.

I am prospecting for new business so the benefit of some additional insight to the products they are using or if they have a competitive product in place helps my sales process specifically.

HG Data review by Stuart C.
Stuart C.

"Experience with HG Focus "

What do you like best?

I loved being able to see a companies tech stack and the quick click of a button. This allowed me to quickly identify if a prospect was worth calling or not.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that there was a limit of uses per month. However, when reaching out to the HG Focus team they allocated us more credits, which were helpful.

Being able to see a tech stack and qualify a prospect before even getting on the phone with them. This allows me to gauge a conversation very differently than having to probe for information from a prospect. Also, knowing what a companies tech stack also allows me to build credibility from the very beginning.

HG Data review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Long Time, Sporadic User"

What do you like best?

If you're looking for something with a verifiable, public facing certificate, it's very useful.

What do you dislike?

In our industry, our competition and adjacent tools are internal facing and not extremely well known.

They're not posted in job titles/ positions, and are internally focused, creating a lack of availability of data to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of solutions out there that do this +more, so depending on the level complexity of insights you're looking for, it could be good, or leave you looking for more.

For my use case and my current industry, unfortunately it feel a little short.

That being said, if I were in marketing, adtech, etc with more information externally available, it'd be perfectly simple enough to get the job done.

At some point, someone will make a business out of getting real interaction/ surveying all the companies to update and catalog their tech stack beyond public facing info/ scraping. If HG Data goes that route.......

We were hoping to use HG Data (Up against Datanyze) to identify prospect's sales tech stacks outside of simply CRM to create warmer, better positioned introductions.

HG Data review by Sky R.
Sky R.

"Neat and *Potentially* Very Useful (Inside Scoop) Tool!"

What do you like best?

In the SaaS market I work in it is very competitive and there tends to be a lot of loyal customer to the particular vendor they run with. However, often times, our software is used to fill the void that competing software can't not assist with so it is not unlikely for my customers to also be long term existing customers of competitors only because they have a need the competing software cannot fill.

Point being, HG gives insight to what companies are using internally and allows me to position my products based on features/functionality their existing tool kit does not have.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across much automation with this tool. What I mean is that I can dig into a particular companies in house tools where my time permits but in the end they're only going to talk to me if they have a need for something my software can do. What I would like to see is a way for customers to review their existing tools or to gain insight on the competition first hand.

It is a neat tool that definitely has a purpose, however, it proves most beneficial in the few instances where I want to know what a company has in house. If i get that far into a sales cycle though, they have probably already told me. That said, HG gives great insight, but maybe not as useful as I initially thought when downloading.

HG Data review by Taha K.
Taha K.

"A convenient method to research various technologies in use by customers."

What do you like best?

You can select 3 vendors (should be more) and from there on it becomes easier to find out which technologies the prospect is currently using. From my personal experience I have been able to update my preferred vendors by contacting HG Focus team, and they had no issues with letting my reset my preferred vendors. one of the best features of HG Focus is how you can select your favourite solution/software and the next time you visit a website, HG Focus will show a notification if your favourite software/solution is currently in use by the company.

What do you dislike?

Limitations on vendor selection for trial accounts. In my opinion, the price could be lowered. Also, the data available on South Asian and Middle Eastern companies is very less and at times I have gotten in to trouble because of the inaccuracy of the data provided by HG Focus. My recommendation to HG Focus team is to improve the accuracy of their data and include more companies from south asia and middle east to truly become a global service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a useful tool, select your vendors wisely.

Major issue when researching for various technologies through social media sites and other google searches is the huge amount of time that is required to compile a decent list. With HG Focus it is as easy as going to your target customers' website and click on HG Focus icon and you'll know what solutions/softwares are in use at the organization.

HG Data review by John C.
John C.

"Free tool that adds a ton of value"

What do you like best?

I use HG Focus daily. It is a free Chrome extension and provide technology installs for companies I am calling in to. I work on numerous projects so being able to check and see all of a companies technologies is incredibly helpful as I can guide the conversation based on the added visibility I have.

It also lets you mark favorite technologies that will always populate at the top of your list so you if you always are looking for a specific technology someone has in place you can quickly determine if they have it installed or not. If you are in B2B sales this tool is a must as it's free and provides great visibility into your prospects.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of a single negative to the product. It is very simple and gives great information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no risk to trying this tool. A SDR can easily download it as an extension and start using it. There is no downside to at least giving it a try.

It gives me great visibility into cold calls to give me immediate talking points to jump into. My position is unique in that I work on multiple projects, so when I am working on one project I can see opportunities for others.

HG Data review by User in Computer Software

"HGFocus...really helpful tool for targeting "

What do you like best?

HGFocus helps to bring laser focus to our prospecting process as it reveals key technologies from the key places where our sales reps work. Whether a rep is looking at company lists within Salesforce, prospecting for contacts on LinkedIn, or researching company news on the home page of the organization, HGFocus identifies the presence of key technologies to help craft the initial message...making it more relevant and more likely to generate a response.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike at this point! It installs easily within Chrome on their app store. We've got many people using it and each person installed it within minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a sales person and you have a product that has some alignment with certain key technologies...you should be using this tool. It's really that simple.

We're using the HGFocus tool to identify the presence of certain key technologies to help define the likelihood of being open to a certain product offer. Reps have been able to craft specific messages when they know these complimentary technologies are present, which increases their response rates.

HG Data review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"A bad drug for eager prospectors"

What do you like best?

Provides details of the software being used by a company in a really easy way. Click your widget, get your fix.

What do you dislike?

It rarely works and seems to have a kinda of sketchy approach to engaging companies.

Here's their approach, validated by the sales rep that called me when I was having trouble.

You get access to the tool up to a certain amount (doesn't indicate this in the tool) after which it asks you to request an extension. Which, you will eagerly do.

When you send in a request, a rep will call you and tell you that you need to convince your VP (or other senior staff) to purchase their data. Or to put them in touch with your VP or other Senior person.

Strange way to sell your services.

They also don't license individual seats, so you're out of luck if your company doesn't want to purchase.

I've been able to access the tool maybe 30% of the time I try and it's really unclear on when or why it will work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd find another tool. It really seems like they are taking a combative approach to marketing and sales...almost like a drug dealer.

Prospecting

HG Data review by Sofia A.
Sofia A.

"Easy to use and great, useful results for my position"

What do you like best?

I love that HG Focus sits directly on my Chrome bar and I can access it easily. I also love how easy to read the results are. The UI is great and helped me out in my old role as an ADR tremendously.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Data was outdated. For larger companies who used lots of software, I wish there was a way to view all of their systems in one screen instead of having to scroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no reason others should not use this product, especially if it is relevant to your prospecting efforts/Inside Sales teams. Using this information my prospecting phone calls have improved substantially. Instead of cold calling or feeling like I was going in blind, this allowed me to bring insights/valuable information to each of my calls and personalize them in ways I wasn't able to before.

This has made prospecting a lot easier. I also feel like it helped me not feel like I was cold calling. I had relevant information about a prospect before calling them that I could use to start valuable conversations.

HG Data review by William B.
William B.

"Insightful"

What do you like best?

I would have to say the efficiency of the product. Coming from a data and analytics background and been a reseller of HG Data through partnership with Bureau van Dijk I appreciate the end users experience and the work that I know to go on behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limited spread and believe there is a better commercial alternative to the way the data is presented. To explain, in using the HG data tool previously, there is a large spread of software available to search on, but the number of companies using each piece of software is limited. I can see the benefits in using this in terms of commercial trends and gaining a holistic view of the market, however, there is little value if used as a business development tool. It would be more effective in presenting the most popular or most lucrative software markets in large user numbers, rather than having small user numbers but a large spread of software and vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have realistic expectations of HG - Remember that if you are a Dynamics reseller and you are hoping to find a multitude of unknown entities using Salesforce.com - you won't. It's clear the size and types of companies that will be using this type of CRM / ERP. HG won't show you EVERYONE, but will give an idea of the trends and hollistic view of use in the sofeware universe.

Please see above for this explanation - I have answered it there.

HG Data review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"This is an invaluable resource that provides quick access to critical information."

What do you like best?

Working in the telecommunications industry, this is a great tool that provides quick and accurate information at the same time you are researching their website. I have used this application for close to a year and have been completely satisfied with the results. I would recommend HG Focus to anyone in the business community that relies on information, and network infrastructure processes.

What do you dislike?

I have had only one instance where the information provided by HG Focus was incorrect and it was a small portion of the services and technology being utilized by the company. I have had nothing but successful results provided. There are some small companies who simply do not show up but that is to be expected. I would highly recommend this application and will continue using it in the future.

I work in the telecommunications industry and if I am servicing a new client or prospecting for a future one, knowing what technology a company is using is incredibly valuable information to direct you on what possible solutions will work. It is a resource that I would probably pay money to use, but thankfully at this point I don't have to.

HG Data review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"HG Focus is a great tool for my role as a BDR and researching/ prospecting."

What do you like best?

In our company, we divide territories based on CRM usage. If a company uses Salesforce CRM vs Dynamics, etc. So it is very valuable to look into a lead record of a company that our own data doesn't identify what CRM they are using. I just go to their website or email and boom it says everything they are using. Also when qualifying a lead if don't get what LMS or marketing automation tool they are using HG Focus helps.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the company we are looking at doesn't have the information of what tools and technologies they are using. Mostly, for the smaller start-ups but not a big issue its expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just more companies in your data

We solve sales enablement problems. The benefits from having HG Focus is that we don't have to ask unnecessary questions to our prospects about what technologies they are using. To them, it may seem strange and may put them off.

HG Data review by Clay B.
Clay B.

"Useful insights at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Easily accessible insight into the systems being used by companies we're identifying as best-fits for our cloud-based accounting software.

What do you dislike?

It's not always up-to-date, so I can't always assume the information is presents is 100% accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to know what systems other companies are using to see if what you offer will be compatatible, HG Data is a MUST.

Knowing what systems our target companies are using instantly helps us know if our solution will be a good fit for their current systems environment

HG Data review by Chase L.
Chase L.

"Great Software for finding others' software!"

What do you like best?

I can easily at a quick glance understand what my prospects are running! Makes it easy to prep for calls and gives me advanced insight leading into discussions

What do you dislike?

Not always entirely accurate or may not always have all the software a company is running

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it! It really works!

Solving business problems of antiquated software solutions and through using HG Data, I've been having better conversations with prospects and can have a better discussion where I can fully discuss the full value prop

HG Data review by Phil K.
Phil K.

"Great sales intelligence resource!"

What do you like best?

HG Focus allows me to quickly find what kind of software tools my prospects are currently using so that I can better position myself for a successful conversation with them.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints about the tool thus far. My only request is that the HG team continue to improve the data accuracy so that I can be 100% confident in my research prior to my outreach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence, at least try it out. You have nothing to lose by signing up for a trial at least and it is very likely that you will gain some valuable business intel to improve your process.

With HG data I can quickly get information about a prospect that I would previously have had to call numerous people within the organization to obtain, which saves me hours in my prospecting process.

HG Data review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Effective, clean usage, and reliable"

What do you like best?

Being able to gain a holistic snapshot of an organization's IT Landscape is key. Especially when prospecting or for meeting preperation. The information from HG Focus allows for quick visibility that other tools do not offer.

What do you dislike?

No negative points were noted while utilizing the tool at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Information on Mergers and acquisition (IT landscape on purchased subsidiaries) as well as a measure on how active/inactive is the software within an org.

This tool solves a prospecting struggle most sales people have - being able to quickly and reliably gain a snapshot of an organization's IT landscape means a higher and stronger business conversation with key decision makers. Made me appear more prepared and knowledgable of my target accounts.

HG Data review by Trey S.
Trey S.

"I use HG data daily to prospect and discover tech stacks at my potential clients companies."

What do you like best?

I love being able to evaluate a prospects tech stack immediately, at q quick glance. It is also extremely helpful to be able to see when the company may have added said pieces of tech.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some industries/companies do not have available techs stack info. May only be in the free version this is an issue but can me annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really evaluate your team's need for outbound prospecting. what is the information you are trying to gain prior to that cold call, cold email, etc. What info is most valuable to your prospecting team to be able to book meetings/provide closers with most qualified meetings?

Solving the pre-existing question of being able to call my prospects and already know if they're using Salesforce.com or other marketing automation solutions that we work closely with, etc.

HG Data review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Wish it could do more, but ultimately a good product"

What do you like best?

I like that it tells you the most recent update date. Then I know they are proactively trying to keep it relevant for users.

What do you dislike?

It's not always accurate with large companies and hard to verify the data.

It's a helpful sales prospecting tool. We work with Salesforce so we are looking to talk to Salesforce customers. It's a helpful validation if HG focus tells me that the company has salesforce so I know to pursue. Sometimes (rarely) its only a small department that uses Salesforce within a large company, and it doesn't provide that information unfortunately.

HG Data review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"HG Focus Review"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to favorite specific categories (ie. Cisco routers, HP servers). The time (ie. how many months, years) also is helpful since it lets me know how relevant or new the installs are for each company.

What do you dislike?

Larger companies have a noticeable list of technologies/installs, however there's not as much info available for some of my smaller accounts/companies I work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great sales tool to give you an extra advantage when look for potential customers. When prospecting new customers I usually check HG Focus to see if the recent installs/technologies they are using show a good fit for what my company offers. For example, if I see that they have Cisco routers in the last 3months it is usually pretty accurate and safe to assume that they have a primarily Cisco network, which is a great fit for us.

HG Focus helps me to understand what types of OEM's companies are utilizing so that I know if the company might be a good fit for doing business together ahead of time. Being involved in sales I've found this to be beneficial since it gives me an extra advantage and intelligence when approaching new prospects.

HG Data review by User in Computer Software

"My use of HG Focus has been great!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to search for companies and seeing what technology they currently use and leveraging that information in my day to day role. This tool is extremely beneficial for me in my marketing and business/lead development position.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is not being able to search for all companies I need. There have been a few instances that I tried to look up a company and because they had so many technologies listed from several vendors, I was unable to view them, however, I believe it is because I have to upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool and extremely beneficial when trying to understand a companies environment to leverage that information which will determine how you can best support that customer with the product or service you are trying to speak with them about and ultimately sell or get them interested in. I highly recommend this tool to anyone in the Sales/Marketing line of work and say give it a try, it will not disappoint at all!

Enabling me, in my role, to understand what technology a company is using within different lines of business allows me to determine how I, at the software company I work for, can best support them. I can figure out where they may be lacking software or may be having challenges and help them run their business better.

HG Data review by Elena A.
Elena A.

"Prospecting Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily go to a prospects website when I am researching them and HG Focus has the data right there of which technologies they use that I can engage with the prospect about. I also like the fact that I can mark a heart next to the technology that pertains to me so whenever I am in my crm it automatically lets me know without me having to go back to their website about the technology they are using.

What do you dislike?

They only thing I dislike would be that I wished it said which versions of the technology they were using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that is accurate and quality information then HG Focus is your tool. This helps me so much in my daily work life and helps cut down on the time prospecting requires.

I have realized there are not a lot of companies offering this type of tool which makes it all the more desirable. There are tools to look for contacts to prospect but most don't include the technologies they use. And, if they do it's not usually up to date. So to have something as accuate as HG Focus it save me a lot of researching time.

HG Data review by Eli S.
Eli S.

"Use this tool everyday to conduct prospecting"

What do you like best?

The clear information and the ease of use. When calling into companies its very helpful to know the technologies that they employ.

What do you dislike?

Not much so far! This tool has helped me immensely.

The importance of correct Data, and how well it works to be informed. We can pick and chose potential prospects by looking at their tech stack before I can even get them on the phone.

HG Data review by Mitch A.
Mitch A.

"Love HG Data as a product and as a company"

What do you like best?

There are no others companies that are able to capture the technology use at organizations like HG Data. So many companies try their best, but just don't do it well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found much wrong with HG Data in my 3 years of experience with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of competitors, I wouldn't think twice about HG Data.

Being able to tailor messaging to prospects based on their technology list is something people aren't doing a lot of. in Sales, it's all about differentiating yourself and having messaging around the technologies their using is a great way to do so.

HG Data review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful Tech Sales Tool "

What do you like best?

I like that it is so easy to use and works seamlessly with your internet browser. It is a great (and quick) way to get an idea of what technology a company uses to put together a targeted business case/sales pitch.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't have any information on the company, especially smaller businesses.

It is also hard to see a breakdown of location of technology. For sales people working on geographic territories, it is impossible to know of where the technology sits if the business has multiple locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you use the information as insight, but do not take it as fact in case the information isn't updated correctly, or in case there is other products that have not been included.

It is a great way to recommend complimentary solutions to what the business already has, and helps target initial conversations with a customer.

HG Data review by Keith B.
Keith B.

"EZ to use but data only so-so"

What do you like best?

easy to sign up for, install in browser, and corporate sign up allows your free version to research details on industry/solutions you are focused on

What do you dislike?

data is spotty - meaning it doesn't always seem 100% accurate, both from a perspective that it doesn't capture all the systems being used, and there is also often old data, and it becomes hard to tell in some cases what is actually being used

increasing customer's success with their customers. benefits are that I am able to get a general idea of whether the company has experience with other solutions in the market I am employed in. I am also on occasion able to get an true and accurate picture of the solution set being used by prospects.

HG Data review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"HG Focus - A great insight for all types of sales"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly type in a domain and discover insight into my prospects. It tells me what my prospects may be using which especially helps me when my product integrates with a lot of other products.

What do you dislike?

I don't have all of the access with my free plan (understandable). I would need a trial or demonstration to commit any further into the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More companies. There are a lot of startups out there that are developing everyday. These are the people I am trying to reach out to.

The problem this platform solves is creating cold calls, into luke warm calls. It helps me understand the full environment of my prospects and how my software might help them the best.

HG Data review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Extended Presence Juices C Level Appointment Setting with HG Focus"

What do you like best?

HG Data is simple to install, requires almost zero training and you're up and running in no time. There's nothing to 'support' internally and we haven't had one issue in months. Can't beat that.

What do you dislike?

Seriously, it's so simple and the info is immediate and accurate, thus far. No downside yet..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try; it speaks for itself.

Extended Presence is an elephant hunter. Our clients are typically F1000 companies that need to generate genuine qualified sales opportunities for their sales teams with accounts that matter.

Conversations with true decision makers are inherently brief and need to be hard-hitting on the benefits and light on inquisition. Employing seasoned SDR’s and a proven Account Based Tele-prospecting model, Extended Presence has set thousands of client appointments since 2002 for SaaS and hardware solutions as well as consulting and information services.

HG Focus helps us be more successful; here’s how.

Knowing the technology stack for a prospect is critical for us. It allows us to customize our presentation to the prospect’s environment in a flash – without having to exhaust precious time grilling the prospect about it. When conducting campaigns targeting a client’s customer base, our credibility is greatly enhanced since we are able to see what client solutions they have, which dictates the customized pitch.

And, with HG Focus, it’s simple.

With a single click, an SDR can tell HG Focus what vendors or specific vendor solutions are of most interest. When the prospect’s record is pulled up for contact, HG Focus automatically displays the number of solutions the target organization has that match the SDR’s interest list. The SDR doesn’t have to click on a single thing. If they want to examine the organization’s entire stack, it’s a click away.

Our SDR’s are able to target better because the solutions of interest are indicated right on the list view screen in SFDC. We don’t have to append information, it’s just there. And they can customize their pitch in an instant.

Extended Presence is able to execute more effective “take-out” campaigns when clients want us to target a specific competitive solution because we can focus on those with it. And we’re sometimes able to deduce the best prospects by evaluating the technology stack of those taking appointments and look for more that look them.

HG Focus is a brilliant solution that is simple from signing up to use. As a browser extension, it’s easy to install and takes about two minutes to get it working perfectly. User “training” is about one minute and our SDR’s up running full speed.

HG Data review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Excellent and unique resource to build great sales leads"

What do you like best?

The actionable data that HG Focus provides is unparalled by similarly oriented tools. The data is far superior and cuts out a great deal of steps in getting from point A to point B along the conversion path. It has allowed me to lower costs of customer acquisition significantly as well.

What do you dislike?

Free searches within the Chrome extension runs out quickly. The premium features are greatly worth the price though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to see if your needs are met. I'd imagine they will be.

Identifying specific software management systems being used on targeted organization websites. The benefits have been enormous. Lowered cost of customer acquisition, reduced time in sales lead turnaround, ability to quickly identify and sort information to act on.

HG Data review by Gary K.
Gary K.

"Great vendor experience with outstanding data information in return."

What do you like best?

Simple. Easy to use. No messy integrations. Great instant lookup plug-in.

What do you dislike?

They need an Admin portal to activate and deactivate users as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to seek information on what toolset a prospect or customer leverages, there is nothing better than HGData.

Identifying potential customers looking to switch and identifying what a prospect owns to determine our messaging.

HG Data review by Tara M.
Tara M.

"Best Technology profiler I have used"

What do you like best?

Gives me all the information I need about what my prospects and customers are needing with a description of each solution

What do you dislike?

When there are duplicate solitons. (ie 2 ERP's) Want to make sure that what I have listed is accurate and not old

Recommendations to others considering the product

MUCH better than Builtwith and Wappalyser

Understanding which technologies my customers use, help me with territory management and strategy.

HG Data review by User in Computer Software

"Great for identifying companies with the right tech"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use HG Data to quickly scan a prospects website and see if they have the proper tech stack for me to prospect into.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data isn't up to date. I know that this is something that is hard for them to handle but it can look bad on our side if we say oh well according to my sources you are using XYZ and them say that's not accurate.

I have to prospect into accounts that use a certain tech tool. This is helping me disqualify quickly if necessary

HG Data review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Great product that has not yet become effective within the smaller business market-space. "

What do you like best?

Would allow for better preparation when prospecting and insight into the clients company which would allow for a more pinpointed approach.

What do you dislike?

Was not able to effectively review as the trial only allows you to utilize one segment of the program. I picked the segment that would be most applicable for the information I was trying to gather. I found that it was not effective in the market space in which I sell to. It seemed to only work well for enterprise level companies and firms and not smaller firms/companies (even though those same companies were completely cloud based). I would like to make the point that if I was selling in the enterprise level market space that this would be a very effective tool to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am unsure if this is possible, or is a limitation it terms of how either my clients cloud providers or HG Focus's software views the information, but I would love to see it work with smaller companies and firms.

I was trying to better tailor my prospecting approach by having better and more accurate business information on hand. This would allow for more pinpointed conversations however, I did not find that the program worked in the market-space/industry that I sell within.

HG Data review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Great Tool that helped me identify potential customers"

What do you like best?

I love that it is built right into my browser so that when I am looking at a prospects website I can see exactly what tools they are using. This works very well if you are in software sales like myself and need to see what you are walking in to.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information given was inaccurate. I would go to HG focus and it would say they were using salesforce but they were actually on a different CRM system. It was misleading at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend giving it a trial and seeing if it is a good fit for you. I used it primarily as a prospecting tool and it worked wonders!

I am able to prospect accounts faster and go into a cold call with more information than I previously had.

"Very Useful"

What do you like best?

VERY useful to get a high level view of what certain companies are using - a lot of value to a solution consultant like me who needs to know how to share the value of our software to those who are using something else.

What do you dislike?

Quite frankly, some of the information can be outdated or inaccurate. Granted, not every company openly reveals what software they use, so this is understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for what it's built for - it's a powerful tool - but don't rely it as a be-all end-all solution.

The main challenge we face is finding sources of information we can act on. Sure, there's information through discovery, but what about before then? HG Focus is a useful piece to that process and opening the door for conversation with prospective customers.

HG Data review by User in Computer Software

"Nice for identifying technologies, but that's it."

What do you like best?

The HG Focus Chrome Extension is very simple. You visit a website, click the extension in your toolbar and the information appears. There's no extra clicks or places to navigate. All of the website technologies are clearly displayed.

What do you dislike?

The solution is very simple...maybe too simple. I might have limited access to what HG Focus has to offer due to the company I work for, but there are many other tools available that will not only display website technologies, but they will also integrate with my CRM and allow me to create leads or accounts from within their respective Chrome Extensions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I may have limited functionality, but I would like to see more robustness. I would like to see what technologies are on websites (and when they added them or dropped them would be nice), I would like to create leads that sync to my CRM and I would like to have basic company data (employee size, annual revenue, etc.).

This allows me to see what technologies are on different websites. By having this information, I'm able to create talk-tracks and speak intelligently to key decision-makers withing the organizations I contact.

HG Data review by User in Internet

"Lives Up To Their Tagline - Ridiculously Unfair Advantage"

What do you like best?

Our product offering is best suited for a specific enterprise ecosystem and SFDC is a must. Being able to identify whether a company is using Salesforce and seeing what other technology they are using helps me frame my messaging as an SDR.

What do you dislike?

Older technologies are not removed. This can be problematic when you see two different types of the same product offering. For example, a company is unlikely to use Quickbooks and Netsuite simultaneously. While I generally assume the most recent update is the right one, it would be nice if HG Data purged old information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how your messaging approach would change if you came into the conversation knowing what tools your prospects were already using.

I have been able to call prospects and frame a sales conversation around the tools they are already using. This helps inform me what product gaps they may have so I can guide the conversation around fixing those gaps.

Generally, this helps me come across as more informed and in a position of creating customer value, instead of shoving a solution down their throats.

HG Data review by James M.
James M.

"Great tool to use for prospecting info!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and integrates directly to Linkedin anywhere that you see a web address for a prospect. SO easy to use, and appears to be extremely accurate!

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if there were an easy way of loading in a list of web addresses and getting an export with list of products. Or vise versa, load a list of products and then narrow down, by sales territory the accounts that have that product.

Trying to identify targets that have a higher likelihood to entertain a conversation based on their current environment.

HG Data review by Mark Andrew H.
Mark Andrew H.

"A Novel Use for HG Focus...Staffing "

What do you like best?

With the ability to gain visibility prospective customers internal technologies, we can quickly target and qualify prospects and reach out to customers who need our consultant's specific skill sets.

What do you dislike?

Price is high compared to other similar business tools and the product is relatively new.

When candidates with hard-to-find skills sets ask for our help in locating a new positions, we use HG Focus to scan for companies using technologies matching the needs of top talent.

"great product"

What do you like best?

simplicity and ease of use, super helpful for finding out what medium-large companies are running. I have used this for detecting everything from database to PR analytic software. It's great to know what the prospect is currently using before you reach out to them, so then you at least know what competitive objections you may encounter.

What do you dislike?

Not too great for the small business sector. I can see the improvements and that the HG focus team is expanding their coverage, but still a barrier nonetheless. The limitations on the number of insights can be frustrating as well, and discourages you from sharing it with others in your organization in fear that them using it will reduce the number of insights you are able to request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep in touch with the representatives; they are super helpful and want to help you succeed!

With so many competing products out there, it is hard to be prepared for handling all of the competitive objections you may encounter. This product helps address those issues and saves me time in preparation for my conversations with prospects.

HG Data review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Great so far"

What do you like best?

I like having an "insight" before I even connect with the client.

What do you dislike?

I am on a limited insight plan so that data that I have access to is minimum. There is also a daily limit as to how many companies I can gain insight into. Don't think that has anything to do with the product however, just the plan my company has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would probably remove the limit to how many companies you can access a day feature.. If you're in my role as a lead development rep, you need to access many companies a day, not just a few.

I'm able to have some type of idea of what collaboration tools companies are using before I go in trying to get them to use our tools. Certain tools we integrate with, so in that case, I am able to tailor my pitch accordingly.

HG Data review by Apparao B K.
Apparao B K.

"Great product to make your conversations with prospects more relevant"

What do you like best?

I usually visit a prospect's website in preparation for a call. With HG Focus, I can now get information about the competitive and complimentary tech installs at this prospect. It really helps me tie my conversation to the technology investments they have already made.

What do you dislike?

Like to see deeper technology coverage and notify me when new techs are added for companies that I care about.

I am trying to make my conversations with prospects more relevant. Using HG helps me prepare how I would be positioning the features against my competition and articulate synergies with other technologies they may be using. Much more targeted and relevant conversations.

HG Data review by Neel S.
Neel S.

"Interesting idea has potential"

What do you like best?

The UI is pretty straight forward to understand and the response is very good for seeing the results for the selections that I have chosen off of there.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't quite meet what I am looking for though. The areas that I work in are M2M, IoT, cellular, wireless gateway field; you can't really find that type of search criteria on here. It's not straight forward if you are wanting a different search selection how to go about's changing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's in it's infancy in my opinion try it out as it might work for you as the concept is there.

I was looking to use this tool as a way to prospect for clients by researching their current technologies they use in that M2M space. However it's not quite there yet for what I would be looking to do.

HG Data review by Luis M. R.
Luis M. R.

"Limited Reportability and Detail"

What do you like best?

It's helpful to see the various software solutions being used by the target companies and having the option to see focus on specific solution categories.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to be able to export the information so that I could review it and slice and dice it as necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a free tool, HG Focus is a very useful starting point when doing research into what software other companies are using.

We are trying to perform competitive analysis on target companies to understand what they're already using and help us position our own solutions more effectively when we submit proposals.

HG Data review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"HG Focus Good for Sales Team"

What do you like best?

The best thing about HG Focus is the intelligence it provides on installed technologies for sales prospects. This information is invaluable for software providers that rely on specific installations for their product to be a fit. The seamless integration has been a plus as well. We were up and running within 30 minutes. Integration with Salesforce is key so sales reps don't have to interrupt their workflow to get intelligence on prospects.

What do you dislike?

As a marketer, I haven't yet seen much utility for marketing campaigns despite how useful the tool is for the Sales team.

The key business problem is knowing which prospects are a fit based on their installed technology. This allows us to take a more targeted approach as opposed to a scattershot one. It allows to Sales team to use their time much more effectively.

Learn more about HG Data

HG Data Videos

Learning about HG Data?

* We monitor all HG Data reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.