Highfive

Highfive

4.0

Highfive simplifies business collaboration with an all-in-one conferencing platform that builds connected cultures.

Work for Highfive?

Learning about Highfive?

Highfive Reviews

Ask Highfive a Question
Showing 155 Highfive reviews
Highfive review by Alan K.
Alan K.

"Poor ongoing support and customer service"

What do you like best?

When we purchased two of the Highfive units early on it seemed like a great option with a one-off outlay and a promise that this would be all it would cost us backed up by a lifetime guarantee.

What do you dislike?

The system has become extremely unreliable, calls drop all the time. Highfive have moved over to a subscription based service and will no longer support our hardware despite the aforementioned "lifetime guarantee". It has essentially been a huge waste of money, and rather disappointing that they treat their early adopters with such disregard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps look something a bit more open and cross-platform - a Logitech Group or Aver VC520 system that can be used with all the usual suspects; Skype, Hangouts, Bluejeans and the like.

None at all - we're currently having to reinvest in new conferencing tech as the services they have provided us simply do not work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Highfive
Highfive review by Gregory M.
Gregory M.

"Great software to conduct video conferences"

What do you like best?

I found HighFive a great software to use. First, installation was very easy on my work laptop. Second, it was so easy to create "meetings" that others can join. Others join by getting a link of the "meeting". Thirdly, during the meeting, it was so easy to navigate a meeting and interact with others. We interact by sharing our screens and/or real time videos of ourselves. Everything was intuitive. From set up, to meeting creation, to software navigation, and to performance - -everything was easy and seamless.

Loved that the whole thing is cloud based. Our company has the software installed in the board room and that is very helpful too.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there's nothing to dislike. The whole thing was so easy to use. It doesn't take a genius to use High Five. But the product was by no means for idiots. It did the job it was set out to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To give it a try. It is really easy and it does the job.

We want quick real time access to people and to be able to conduct discussions on things we would like to share from our computer and still keep that communication with others who are not in the same room. The benefit of HighFive is that it has enabled us to conduct meetings as if everyone was in the same room and on the same page.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Highfive review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Good product"

What do you like best?

It handles a ton of callers no problem, phone calling into a meeting works well and easy, and slack integration is super nice.

What do you dislike?

My only small complaint is the lag on screensharing. Even with a good internet connection, there is a delay between audio and the screen going through, so if you are showing someone something they may not see it for a few seconds after you say. This is a hard problem I haven't seen many other products do any better, but something to work on possibly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly don't know what pricing is like because others at my firm handle that but it's a high quality product to be sure.

Our firm has a lot of people who work remotely so highfive is a necessity to our day-to-day. We often hop on quick calls to show each other how to do things, as well as of course daily meetings.

Highfive review by Matina J.
Matina J.

"Great training tool!"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. I also really like that screen sharing allows you to pick a window, since I use multiple screens, and not all video sharing programs like this allow you to do that. Especially being HR and having potential confidential emails pop up on the side of my screen during training can be a concern but I never have to worry about that with highfive.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I cant think of anything major at all. If I have to say something, maybe a little bigger windows for the video part of things so you can better see the people you are collaborating with and making the screen sharing portion a little smaller to accommodate that.

Ability to train employees in other branches more effectively. Guiding people over the phone makes it more difficult to see where people are going wrong and does not allow me to demonstrate, but with highfive training for expense and payroll systems is super easy and employees learn much quicker and have much less follow up questions and issues post training than previous employees I trained over the phone.

Highfive review by Emilee C.
Emilee C.

"Excellent for remote models"

What do you like best?

We have the professional level kit with the dolby microphone and the overall call clarity (both video and sound) is far better than any other tool we've used. It is so easy and has made our team look forward to our meetings throughout the week.

What do you dislike?

We've encountered a few bugs here and there with others in a virtual space (not in the home office with main camera and mic). Nothing major, but over time, those bugs could be very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do anything less than the Dolby speaker. We've found the slight increase in price to be well worth it.

We have 3 remote employees. It is difficult to connect with the home office at times. It is hard to gauge the mood of the room and really connect during meetings. Previously, our calls were plagued with bad connections and video quality. Our experience with highfive has brought new life into our remote/home base interactions.

Highfive review by User in Internet

"Perfect video conferencing experience"

What do you like best?

Unlike Skype Business, HighFive is a modern video conferencing tool that is great for connecting employees from different offices and even candidates to hiring managers in different locations. HighFive allows for a global experience for companies, gives engineering teams from different locations to participate in scrum meetings together and allows remote employees to video conference into meetings.

Another great feature is the Screen Share feature, allowing you to share your screen with the other video conference call participants. This is perfect for presentations and meetings.

Highfive is easy to use on your laptop or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could be improved on high five is that there is no chatting function during a video conference call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a software worth considering. There is no limit to how many people can join one video conference call and is a great too for remote employees, connecting with off-site employees and video interviewing for candidatse.

With Highfive, our company is putting an end to the disconnect we had between our 3 different office locations. With that disconnect gone, everyone is more engaged with the other offices, creating a more cohesive national team.

Highfive review by Gil L.
Gil L.

"An easy to use collaboration tool for the non-so-techie users"

What do you like best?

It is an easy to use and intuitive tool, with a fine interface, accessibility everywhere, and a good quality scaling set. Audio is consistently good across all platforms. Video scaling is good in low to mid-res applications. Remote site sessions are nice and fluid, with excellent audio, particularly if a headset is used. Color selection and interface is attractive and contemporary. Fits well with many company themes that are technology-oriented.

What do you dislike?

The proprietary camera system for the boardroom is slightly larger than most web cameras and makes it challenging to mount. The camera, however, contains the smarts for the local (in boardroom) operations. Once installed and deployed, it's easy coasting. Video scaling is not so good when connected to a 4K system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your users on the same page for a consistent experience throughout. A quick 1/2 hr training session will yield great results during the collab sessions.

Collaboration between users in separate conference rooms and home offices become simple and well-orchestrated. Users appreciate the consistent look and feel across platforms and take advantage of the features since they are intuitive. Users on the road have good access since the Bluetooth implementation works well with cellphones and car audio.

Highfive review by Christilyn B.
Christilyn B.

"High Five review"

What do you like best?

The screen share and new phone feature to add in the conference. The phone featured has really helped. I recently was unable to hear anything via the high five on my computer but when I dialed in I was able to catch up instead of delay the meeting or use another source.

What do you dislike?

I liked how I could just get into high five, I don't like this new e-mail process in order to get into the meeting and I do not like that the app only works on chrome, has issues with recognizing the app on the computer when opened via internet explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check the function in another web browser before contacting support.

I have held multiple training, meeting and hang outs with co workers to either discuss a new project or catch up with the new companies we partner with. The app even allows freedom to simply talk about the weekend or holidays.

Highfive review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Customer Training "

What do you like best?

I like that I can create a call and save it for later or join right away.

I like how easy it is to share my screen.

I like that I can share my entire screen or just one window.

I like how user friendly the app is.

What do you dislike?

Often times the screen sharing option does not work the first time. I have to un-share and then re-share before the other person can see my screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product. The calls are clear and the product is very user friendly.

High Five makes customer training a breeze. It's so easy for me to walk them through our product and show them how everything works.

Highfive review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great tool for bringing together teams all over the country!"

What do you like best?

Easy connection from the app, web browser or even links in Slack. Can create "rooms" at will to eliminate over-booking concerns. Dial-in options available for those without video, or you can simply turn off your camera. Anyone in a meeting can quickly join the meeting to share their screen.

What do you dislike?

We've dealt with occasional outages, often times from poor WiFi connections.

We have teams in multiple locations on the West Coast (Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles) as well as in New York, plus we have people who work from home and every team member has access to Highfive to join meetings from wherever. The ease of accessing a call with team members makes us feel more connected and allows us to have better collaboration.

Highfive review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Had great support when they were first starting out, but not worth the price anymore"

What do you like best?

The quality of the video is great, the handoff features to move to the high five unit attached to our TV is pretty cool, and the ability for the organizer to leave early but keep the call going/pass off control is awesome.

What do you dislike?

As of late, our standalone High Five unit has started to drop calls every now and again. While their support was great the first few months we had the unit (they would do test calls, be prompt with answers, etc), their support is atrocious now. Ignored emails, long turnaround times, and completely brushed us off throwing the blame on our end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty expensive unit in nice packaging, but the software is where the game is really at. Don't let them pull you in to something you don't need.

Multi-office conference calling is a win.

Highfive review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Easy and High Quality"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about Highfive was that it was incredibly easy to use and delivered very high quality experiences. My company has teams all around the world, and conferencing solutions are pretty difficult to work with. Not a single person reported a problem with Highfive in the time we were using it -- it was easy enough for even the most non-technical users to jump right in! It was great that it integrated so easily with Google -- there were browser extensions that made life with Highfive even better!

What do you dislike?

Probably the only unfortunately aspect was the price point. This, ultimately, led my company to go with a much less expensive option over Highfive -- and we get what we pay for in terms of quality now. It did take some dedicated time to set up the equipment across a couple of our offices, but there's really no avoiding that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very much worth going all-in on a trial and really using it for a couple weeks. When you look back, the difference between your previous solution and Highfive will likely be night and day.

Highfive enabled us to conduct multidisciplinary video conference calls between team members working remotely or in offices all around the world. We were able to execute complex tasks such as pre-release checks for our software.

Highfive review by Manes P.
Manes P.

"Review Highfive"

What do you like best?

It just works! I like the ease of the minimal hardware in the conference room. Also the Dolby voice quality is very clear. Easy to use with a simple URL to join. Set up every room in minutes, not hours. Users use their personal devices and the cloud does the rest. Video conferencing, wireless TV projection, and remote screen sharing all in one solution! Eliminates PIN codes, meeting IDs and passwords.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot move the PIP (picture-in-picture) window nor toggle the presentation view to a larger camera view to see the far side audience better. Lack of any recording functionality. Also no 'Brady bunch' grid view of multiple video sessions. Eliminate PIN codes, meeting IDs and passwords (need to secure meeting access) if prior URL knowledge, someone can eavesdrop. Pricing per user isn't always the better option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doesn't hurt to evaluate and compare with other video conferencing tools out there. It just works!

“Instead of having to create a meeting, dial in and fumble with cords, anybody who wants to can join a call right away in a few clicks… it’s just a better way of doing meetings.”

Easy collaboration for teams to share presentations; training, etc...

Cost savings is a main benefit; especially for remote users.

Highfive review by Glenn R.
Glenn R.

"A video conferencing game changer"

What do you like best?

Highfive is easy to setup and easy to use. It also support multiple platforms and is intelligent enough to support participants using varying connection speeds. The room cameras can be easily managed from a phone or laptop and the desktop sharing is great. I also like that this technology just works! Great support when you do have questions.

What do you dislike?

The only area I would like to see improved is the authorization of device. Because they do not use password authentication each device used requires you to authenticate via an email link upon first use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their 30 day trail and put it to the test. This technology really works.

Primarily bringing teams of people together and operating more efficient meetings. We've found people are more engaged in these meetings than voice only conference calls. We also have a geographic challenge with staff and offices separated by hundreds of miles. By reducing the need to travel we expect to both same expenses and improve staff quality of life. Our hiring process has also been greatly enhanced by way of video calls. We are also able to connect with our members and leaders more effectively. People are busy and being able to join and connect with staff and members on a video call from anywhere on any device is brilliant.

Highfive review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Highfive is beautifully simple, but could use some improvement"

What do you like best?

Highfive is very simple. I like that it looks easy to use, and that it is simple to connect. All you need is the URL unique to your company. From there, you can connect to various monitors, and add slugs to URLs to differentiate between calls. The quality of the video is also usually very good, but that is largely dependent on internet quality.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue with Highfive is the lag. Often I find that the screen I a sharing is at least 1 slide behind or several minutes behind. Sometimes it can disconnect altogether. This isn't such a concern if you're just doing a presentation, but for live sharing or videos, expect some lag to throw you off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, as it's one of the smoothest and simplest video softwares I have used, but keep in mind that lag, particularly for screen-sharing and videos.

Working at a small start-up, we have a lot of leniency on being in the office to work. Often times we need to have people call in to a meeting, and Highfive is connected tot he monitors in all of our conference rooms, so that makes it super convenient. Highfive also helps us quickly share our screens, but like I said, there is some lag with that.

Highfive review by Alex T.
Alex T.

"high quality video and good audio if you have the bandwidth"

What do you like best?

The setup and hardware(TV video conference equipment) were very easy to login and setup. The mobile versions are great and allow guests to login with ease. This makes interviewing candidates and inviting external vendors to video conferencing very easily, even if they don't have a computer right at that moment.

What do you dislike?

The primary concern really is bandwidth consumption and bandwidth detection. Sometimes it will start out smoothly, but if one participant begins to lose available bandwidth, the video quality suffers immediately. The audio tends to continue to stream without issue, but the video can cut out. There is also no setting that allows you to lower the video quality manually to help improve performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With enough bandwidth, the experience for both audio and video is high quality and smooth. However, the upload bandwidth requirements are steep(4.5mbps) so if you have multiple connections within the same network or have an impacted network, this can reduce the quality quickly.

We use this primarily for interviewing candidates and internal group meetings. On occasion we also use it to present on the TV in the conference room which has replaced our projector setup. We use the screen sharing function regularly, and toggle between video and screenshare frequently in the same meeting.

Highfive review by Elliot F.
Elliot F.

"Liked It"

What do you like best?

I liked the integration with my calendar and how it worked to show me when meetings were coming up.

Sharing links was pretty easy.

The clarity of the call and video were very good.

I liked being able to modify my account profile in the app.

I liked being able to share my screen and camera easily.

What do you dislike?

I liked using high five.

There were not really things I disliked, only things I would enhance.

Seems like it is going in a good direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well, just have to compare it to whatever other tech you use.

We have remote people and it was easy to get in touch and work with them. We also do a fair amoutn of screen sharing and collaboration and High Five helped us do that. We currently switch between a number of applications depending on their bandwidth usage and our saturated network here and High Five seemed to e pretty consistent.

Highfive review by Joey T.
Joey T.

"Slow connection and terrible audio. "

What do you like best?

Highfive is very easy to use and technical support available. Mobile viewing available. Add in for chrome is also useful. The setup is clean and simple.

What do you dislike?

Slow connection and terrible audio. Difficult to hear what people are saying on the other side. Technical support support is not always helpful. When connected to TV in conference room, the shared screen are always lagging, making it very difficult to present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve audio quality otherwise, the surface is unuseable.

Having 4 different locations, it makes meeting with people remotely possible. Also, it is easy to host a meeting and present to external vendors.

Highfive review by Alan D.
Alan D.

"Potential New Customer declines based on contract, not product capabilities"

What do you like best?

The interface, and the fantastic abilities of the sales team to demonstrate the product features. Together we moved conference calls between laptops, wall monitors, Iphone - simply amazing. No lag time seen, just awesome functionality. The sales guys get a "10".

What do you dislike?

No question, it's the contract. Basically every new customer has no substantive idea what constitutes a contract breach by HighFive. Customers need this to have a legal basis to ask for their money back. HighFive want 12 months paid in advance. It's entirely possible that the customer must invest their valuable time trying to claw this money back if the customer doesn't like the service after day 31, or 32. None of this really matters if you are ok with just writing off the money from the get-go, and say "service levels be damned, I'm going to pay for this product for a year come what may". At $99 / month it's not really the money, it's the principle that "we are so good you will never ask for money back" - wrong. I would be giving up $99 x 12 = approx $1,200. At the higher levels of monthly cost I can only assume this same contract agreement exists. Now you're talking about $329 x 12. One would have attempt to claw back nearly $4,000 with this "get-out-jail-free" contract. Good luck trying to get that back from a very new firm, where you have no idea if they pick up the customer service phone consistently or not. Another item in their contract attempts to compare Highfive responsiveness and quality to "companies like us". Really? I can pick any firm I think is "just like you", and that satisfies my dissatisfaction argument and you'll refund me? C,mon, get real. Kudos to the legal team for having the *additional* bold confidence and bravery to provide a feedback email address to the legal team regarding your thoughts on their contract. I used it to share what I have entered here. No response after a couple of weeks, 6/15/17. There are worse contracts on the planet, and these guys are doing a great job trying to disrupt the conferencing market. It's the lawyers tails wagging the dog in tech companies where you everyone gets unhappy at some point. HighFive (like Vonage) should focus on: no contract (or very minimal), discounts for yearly payments, full pro-rated money back for any dissatisfaction whatsoever, provide a rapid pre-paid return for the hardware in the event of cancellation. Create a separate CC or invoice charge for the hardware, and write it off after 6 months of successful customer use - if you get that far. Even at the basic level there's no way HighFive is paying $600 for this unit - the amount of service paid for. I see there are plenty of people who have issues with Highfive video service, it's the nature of the technology given all of the moving bits - so provide an app that validates where the problem is or don't be in the business of selling video hardware and services. You just created a video service, now create an app that validates it! I say the same thing to every VOIP phone company that tried to sell me their services. After two dozen I found one that at least had the minimum debugging tech skills I liked - BEFORE I was a customer. Guess what, I haven't needed to validate their service from the customer end, because they already did. I view G2CROWD as the Consumer's Reports for IT services.

Sales and Board of Directors Meetings

Highfive review by John "JJ" O.
John "JJ" O.

"Great Sound Quality When Calls Don't Drop"

What do you like best?

The sound quality is the best feature of HighFive. The hardware that they provided us makes it so much easier for us to hear and be heard by our remote employees. Prior to using HighFive, our old conference phones made it difficult for everyone in the room to be heard. With HighFive, we no longer have that issue.

What do you dislike?

Calls are frequently dropped during long meetings. We haven't been able to figure out exactly why this is happening, but there are times when it happens so frequently that we temporarily abandon using HighFive and switch to some other backup product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once they resolve the frequent crashing, I will have no complaints about this product.

HighFive has made it much easier to communicate with remote employees.

Highfive review by Robert K.
Robert K.

"Highfive the video conferencing tool of the future!"

What do you like best?

The easy of setting up and starting a Highfive conference is so easy it makes anyone look like a pro! I can start a conference on any computer or even my iPhone and invite anyone to join in to it at anytime. Then when I am done or if the video conference move in a direction I am not needed in I can bow out and the remaining participants can keep talking.

I also have the ability to show my desktop and present from it, then when I am done back to the main camera!

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. I wish it had a way of listing who else is on the call as it only shows the last three people who have talked. This is kind of annoying when we have a large call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that other companies try this solution. If you are looking for a high performance solution that is easy to use this is the one for you!

We have six office with a few remote managers and staff. This is a great way for all offices to join in and always feel they are part of the meetings.

Highfive review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Really, really great :)"

What do you like best?

Whitelisted domain, allowing anyone to spin up meeting easily. We no longer lose valuable time when the license holder for some other video conferencing software is unavailable. Additionally, we no longer have to pay seat fees for people who only rarely need to host a meeting. This has allowed us to be much more careful with login credentials since Highfive will use our Google account to authenticate our users, making secure usage very low impact.

What do you dislike?

The Highfive device will reboot occasionally to apply over-the-wire software updates. While this capability is very good, we have no control over when the Highfive device will reboot. On a couple occasions, we've lost about 5 minutes during a meeting as the device goes through it's update cycle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it free for 30 days; you've got nothing to lose and a world of teleconferencing delight to gain :).

We use Highfive to meet our need to collaborate in teams although our team is highly distributed. Our business needs include all the events of the Scrum framework, stakeholder steering meetings, personal coaching meetings, team and corporate lunch and learn meetings, all company meetings, and any ad hoc meeting that may be needed.

Highfive review by Hubert L.
Hubert L.

"Cool video conferencing tool!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to start a conference call through my phone while walking towards the conference room and resuming the conference call on the conference room TV once you reach the conference room. This allows you to start the meeting on time.

The sound quality is very good.

What do you dislike?

The version of the product we have does not have a shutdown button on the device. If you don't graciously shut down the conference call through your app, the device is still up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best cost effective ease of installation and ease of use video conferencing tool in the market today. It is worth the investment. The ROI is less than 3 months in our case as we were early adopters of the tool.

We have multiple offices and we have customers all over the nation. This tool allows our teams to easily collaborate with each other and meet virtually face to face with our stakeholders.

The benefits include savings on travel cost, takes less time to organize or start a meeting, etc.

"Highfive—less is more!"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use and has a simple UI—pretty straight forward. It does what it does very well for this reason.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't show a list of nearby connected conference TVs to select from to connect, you have to start a search before it gives you suggestions. If I forget the name of the TV I want to use I have to ask someone to enter it in the search field. Ugh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't see the total costs of using Highfive, but our company found it worth the investment to have stable and simple conferencing abilities.

Highfive has been huge in the success of our teams and client communications. Google Hangouts is good but not as simple and predictive as Highfive. Clients find it pretty easy to setup and use on their end.

Highfive review by User in Computer Software
Highfive review by Parker M.
Parker M.

"Smooth product, great call quality"

What do you like best?

No having to use Skype or Hangouts anymore! Only a handful of dropped calls since we switched to Highfive, and those were largely due to network issues on my end. The quality of the video sets the bar much higher for the rest of the web conferencing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Sometimes the peripherals do not pick up on sound as well as could be expected for a paid service, but is still setting a high bar of quality in an area of tech that lacks it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start at the source - no video conferencing tools will work well without a solid office network.

I work a few states away from my company headquarters so communication itself is a challenge. Using Highfive in conjunction with Slack gives me the opportunity to have a level of constant communication that rivals in-office convenience.

Highfive review by User in Computer Software

"Works great until it doesn't"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of connecting with high five and the URL & phone number methods to join a room. The sounds quality is great on each end even if it's a room full of people connecting with someone in their car. I also enjoy how when multiple people are connected and looking at a shared screen, the software will automatically switch video feeds of whichever person is speaking.

What do you dislike?

We rely heavily on high five at my company with remote workers and many meetings. This make communication through the device critical and it always seems to crash when we're in the middle of a discussion and the point has been lost. We have been working with technical support on this, but the issue has yet to be resolved.

We are solving the issues of working on scrum teams with remote employees. The benefit of leaving a certain developer on a tv all day long is great when it comes to collaboration and team bonding.

Highfive review by User in Higher Education

"A great way to communicate"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Highfive for our organization is that it allows us to communicate between our two offices and display our screen during meetings. Unlike certain programs, there's hardly any lag from actions on the computer and the display on the screen, and it's very easy to use. There aren't codes that need to be entered in or anything like that; you just share your screen to the room you want and voila, it's done.

What do you dislike?

The audio functionality is lacking as of right now. Perhaps it's simply an issue of not being configured correctly in our office, but when sharing a screen to the TV, there's no way to have the audio play on the TV as well in our experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to improve communication and collaboration in an organization that is spread out, especially over multiple offices, Highfive is a great tool to do so. It's also very helpful if you have video conferencing or screen sharing needs. In essence, it kills multiple birds with one stone as a tool that can help with various needs related to communication and collaboration that inevitably come up in an office setting.

Having offices in different locations has posed some issues for meetings and being able to quickly communicate in person, and HighFive has helped solve that issue. It has also helped improve the issue of sharing your computer screen with a group in a meeting.

Highfive review by Trenton L.
Trenton L.

"Video Conference Is Nice Again"

What do you like best?

We got the dolby set-up and have a sister set-up in another state, and it makes meetings great. When someone is on the road, they patch in just like everyone else, and can even call in if data is an issue.

Creating the meetings is one of the best features! I type a name, launch it, and tell others to type the same name. Non-employees can join as well with a simple invite.

What do you dislike?

The one difficulty is if I have thrown my meeting onto a nearby TV and closed my phone app, I have to pull the app back up, and take over the screen with a different meeting name and exit to exit the meeting. If I keep my phone on the whole time then it is no problem. There might be a better way that I am just not familiar with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I would say it is worth it if you want remote, face-to-face interaction

Meetings. We just wanted some solid meetings since we straddle two states, but constantly interface as a small, start-up type company.

Highfive review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"Beyond expectations!"

What do you like best?

Simple out of the box solution at a reasonable cost, easy to learn, easy to teach

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I waited so long to make the decision to go with Highfive. Evaluated bids from several other custom built solutions that I couldn't even understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong, great customer support, super simple.

Saved me from making several trips to survey potential restaurant locations. A 30 minute Highfive video walk through of the site was all that was needed,

Highfive review by Brad R.
Brad R.

"Finally a system that works well with little effort. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use both from internal network access, but also from folks in multiple remote locations. Work with teams in three internal locations, but also with consultants and folks working from home on varying intervals. Big win.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to present audio on a Highfive equipped monitor/screen. Local recordings (such as from a pre-recorded video) can be presented via Highfive, but the audio comes from the source laptop, and not the TV screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. Having a high def wide angle camera in the room lets all of the teams participate. Regular applications sometimes leave the far corners of a conference room out of the discussion. Great product.

Collaboration, and how quickly teams can form up and instantly be together.

Highfive review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Highfive gets it done."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of connectivity across multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to access meetings at times. Though I don't necessarily think it's Highfive's fault; it's probably just user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to keep your team connected, hop onto Highfive! It's so easy to use and available across tons of devices.

Our team is distributed, so Highfive keeps us connected via video calls.

Highfive review by Brad W.
Brad W.

"High Five has changed the way we operating our business globally"

What do you like best?

We have offices in shared locations around the world. Getting the units installed and set up AND working with a high quality of service was truly easy. In our company we heavily use the slack integration for starting adhoc meetings and love how well it works.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any major complaints, sometimes the hand off from clicking a link, to loading the web page and then handing off to the app is a bit slow. But thats a minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd suggest you get he Dolby unit, the sound quality is much better than using it without

Having face to face meetings at decent quality (vs skype of old)

Highfive review by Brookes E.
Brookes E.

"Pretty stable free, video-conference platform"

What do you like best?

Connect is more stable than Skype - particularly for group video conference and screensharing. We also haven't had any issues with the video cameras going in and out with the update of Windows 10 - unlike with skype.

You can see up to 3 participants at once, even if there are more on the call. Screen sharing is simple and doesn't tend to slow down the call (i.e. create a delay in response).

Fairly easy to get others to join the call whether by downloading the software or just copying the URL for them. Also the HighFive camera is wide angle and easily captures the landscape of an entire office, not just one person's face.

What do you dislike?

Minor microphone issue - sound would go in and out - but they have issued a patch (I was contacted by a rep personally to troubleshoot). We haven't experienced an issue since.

When you're the presenter and are screen sharing, you cannot see the other participants, nor yourself. However, the participants can see both your screen and other video feed. So, it's hard to know how things are being received. You have to rely completely on audio cues.

We have 2 members of the corporate team who permanently have remote offices. This allows us to connect for our group meetings easily.

As it doesn't have messaging, we also have a fairly uninterrupted meeting experience. (no pings from other people which can be quite distracting)

Highfive review by Paula T.
Paula T.

"Our experience using HighFive"

What do you like best?

It's easy to install, easy to setup meeting and so far has worked pretty darn good. I know my 'dislike' list looks long but it is really just things they can work on or update. So far our users have been happy with this solution, especially since they do not have to go through long, drawn out setup processes to start a meeting. It is pretty inexpensive for a great, no frills solution.

What do you dislike?

I think it can be a little confusing for a normal user on how to switch back and forth with who is presenting and sharing. After you click on a meeting it takes a little bit for it to pop up, which makes my users a little anxious and they start thinking they didn't click the link so they keep clicking but that to me doesn't break our opinion on it. I also think that the 'Video Call' should be called 'Create a Video Meeting' or something along those lines. I constantly get users getting confused when they want to create a video meeting and share their screen. The other option is 'Share screen to TV' which makes it confusing for them. With some TV's you need to buy external speakers and turn off the speakers on the TV because it causes annoying feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see dislikes

Our executive committee wanted a video solution so they could hold meetings the other two locations we have. One is oversees. Although this solution does not offer all of the bells and whistles they originally wanted it is perfect for what they are doing with it NOW! In the future, if those bells and whistles come back into play we can review but for now it's perfect for their current needs.

Highfive review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"I work for an IT company and we have sold Highfive units to a multitude of our customers."

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of use. Starting a call is as simple as using the app on your phone or computer and throwing it to the device if you have one around. Or, you can not even use the device and have calls between phones, computers, and tablets and you can mix and match as you like. The ability to have calls without having to use the actual unit is huge! That, coupled with the fact that everyone on the company domain gets a free account has been a major win.

What do you dislike?

Going to the yearly subscription per unit. I realize that it makes sense from a business standpoint, but it was much easier to sell when we could say "$1200 and everyone gets an account, no monthly costs."

Many of our clients have users who are spread out geographically. The ability to have them buy a single unit and then have everyone be able to use the service to talk and collaborate has been critical.

Highfive review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"It's alright"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have multiple teams call in to have a meeting. Highfive let's us use large TV monitors to have these. For the most part it get's the job done. The interface is nice and we seem to be able to video conference our Atlanta team with audio and video.

I like the screen sharing option.

What do you dislike?

The part that sucks is that it's pretty wonky. It's inconsistent with quality. Calls are frequently dropped, audio cuts out completely and we have difficulty calling in multiple teams. Sometimes it works great! But it's so hit and miss that we have to start meetings early just to make sure we'll be able to include our East Coast team in the meeting. I never know if it's going to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defiantly look around for a video conference software before jumping the gun with this one. This product is not the most reliable. It does however appear to be getting better as time goes on. This tells me that Highfive is listening to customers and making their product more robust.

We need to have multiple company locations meet at the same time visually and auditory. For the most part this gets the job done.

Highfive review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good Highfive experience"

What do you like best?

Ease of starting conference calls. Moving calls easily to different conference rooms, etc. Overall the system is very easy to use & the video quality has been very good.

What do you dislike?

Biggest complaint is that users need to install a highfive app or extension to join a highfive call. This makes it a bit onerous to use with contacts that are outside of the company. Also, others in my organization have complained that the highfive app is a battery drain on their computers (moreso than other video solutions).

We work in multiple offices, so a video conferencing solution is mandatory. Highfive helps streamline the first 5 or so minutes of nearly every meeting in the past where users have been trying to connect to a call via hangouts or slack (both of which have issues in our conference rooms here).

Highfive review by Noah K.
Noah K.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

Highfive has a great user interface. I figured it out the very first time I used it in about three seconds. I have used it for external client meetings that they also have had very little trouble figuring out the software. It performs well during the meeting. Another thing I like is how easy it is to setup a conference, all you do is type in the name of the conference and it has started.

What do you dislike?

It is almost too easy to setup a room. I setup a standup meeting with our scrum team once and forgot to type the difference between "standup" and "stand-up." Half of our team went one place and half of the team wen the other place. It is mostly user error in that instance, and the solution is easy (the application allows you to copy a link to the meeting with the push of a button), but it is something that I missed when I was using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing really, it is a great product. Use it!

We have multiple team members who work remotely and we have customers all over the nation. This software allows our teams to easily collaborate with each other and also allows us to easily "meet" face to face with our customers, some of whom are not very technical. Even the non-technical customers figure the software out very easily.

Highfive review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Poor call/connection quality"

What do you like best?

HighFive’s best attribute is that it is extremely easy to use.

What do you dislike?

As a salesperson, call/video quality and connection are by far the most important attributes of a collaboration tool. HighFive fails me daily when clients can’t get in a meeting room or the call drops. Our sales meetings and company updates are conducted on HighFive and there are always major issues.

Trying to find an easy to use collaboration tool that integrates with our existing systems. To date I’ve only experienced issues with the platform that hurt my ability to connect with clients .

Highfive review by Edmund W.
Edmund W.

"The easiest way for groups of people to communicate"

What do you like best?

The biggest thing is the simplicity of using it. Physical installation is easy and takes less than 10 minutes (5 if basic things like available power and network outlets are close to the installation point). The software is also easy to install and operate for both Windows and Mac users.

The other feature that is well liked is the screen sharing ability. Being able to share what is on your laptop screen with a local and remote group of personnel is a huge plus. It comes in very handy when we have meetings with the team at our East Coast facility.

What do you dislike?

The biggest gripe I hear is how much computing power the Highfive app needs in order to run properly. The majority of our users are equipped with the bare bones Core i5-powered MacBook Air and if said user is running multiple applications and HighFive at the same time, the laptop slows to a crawl until they either close applications or reboot their laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple and easy to use video conferencing system to enable collaboration between individual and multiple team members, Highfive might be the product that you're looking for.

Everything. We use Highfive for management communications, training meetings, problem solving for operations between our East and West Coast facilities, strategic planning for the company, brainstorming...just about everything that formerly required endless back and forth emails or phone calls that went unanswered. It has saved us time, energy and money since we can now communicate with everyone easily and have them on the same page.

Highfive review by Randolph R.
Randolph R.

"Ease of use pushes this to the top"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Highfive is the ease with which you can start a meeting. Being able to have an impromptu teleconference with no more effort than pressing the button on my mobile device and walking into the conference room has dramatically shortened the distance between our satellite offices. Screen sharing is rapid and smooth as well.

What do you dislike?

My only wish is for stronger Slack integration and audio from sources other than the microphone to make it a better remote and local presentation tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software shines for conference calls. You cannot do webinars via Highfive as the user count isn't high enough, but if that isn't on your to-do list, this is great software. They provide cameras as well which are of very high quality.

This has dramatically increased the workflow between our multiple offices scattered throughout the country. Being able to fire up a meeting on the fly is a boon compared to the complex processes most telecom software requires.

Highfive review by Steve R.
Steve R.

"Great for semi-remote organizations"

What do you like best?

It's incredibly easy to set up a new conference, even easier than with Hangouts. The call quality is great and the device's microphones do an amazing job at picking up low voices at the back of a room.

What do you dislike?

The list of participants in a conference needs a little work. On some platforms, it auto-hides which makes it difficult to see at a glance who's available to be addressed. We also use the Highfive for a daily standup meeting where we take turns speaking, so it's important to know who else is in the conference so you know you speak after. The list isn't always in a dependable order across devices either, which compounds that small annoyance.

Our company is 80% on-site and 20% remote. Highfive hits the combination of providing high quality video conferencing hardware for our on-site conference rooms, native apps for all of our remote team members' devices, and such an easy experience that we _actually_ use it.

Highfive review by Tim M. C.
Tim M. C.

"A dependable option...at last."

What do you like best?

I think my favorite aspect of High Five is the simple, intuitive interface. After having spent the last eight years using quite a few different platforms, only High Five that's been able consistently deliver a high-quality video and audio experience.

We routinely use High Five in our interview process with individuals not accustomed to the platform. Without fail, they're able to utilize the platform without issue. I think that's a testament to it's simplicity of design.

What do you dislike?

The only element that I would like to see improved upon is the shifting video. The platform is designed to show the individual's face who is talking. The idea is that in a three-way conversation, the video would show who is speaking, thus giving the illusion of being in a in-face conversation. What happens when you get in a larger group format (with several folks dialed in) is that the video tends to pick up on any little sound and show your visage. Clear your throat? Yup...the video just picked you up and showed your face...even if you weren't talking. It's a big awkward in those larger meetings. Muting your microphone doesn't always keep it from doing this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simplicity of use and the high-quality video/audio makes it a great option for strong consideration.

Virtual meetings (touch base and larger-group meetings). We also use it for interviews with PowerPoints.

Highfive review by Claire B.
Claire B.

"A great solution for sharing your screen and video conferences"

What do you like best?

It's super easy and quick to share your screen and pretty easy to set up a video conference and share w/your remote users.

What do you dislike?

I have the app on my iPhone and iPad... I was hoping I could share that screen directly to a TV in the conference room like I would be able to do w/Apple TV, but it only lets me do video conferencing from those devices. I have a work-around for it, but it's an extra step I was hoping to avoid.

There's also a slight lag w/the mouse or scrolling when sharing your screen which is a little annoying, but not the end of the world. It works really well for sharing presentations where the screen doesn't move as quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out to see if it works well for your group. We have a combination of Macs and Windows PCs in our office so Apple TVs wouldn't work well for sharing your screen. This gives the added benefit of video conferencing as well.

We have a remote member on our team and occasionally local members who work from home so it's been really great to make sure everyone is on the call and can see the presentation and hear the conversation from all participants. I've been on both ends of that experience and it's been pretty great.

Highfive review by Andres T.
Andres T.

"A few hiccups, but it gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use. The fact that everything works with the click of one button helps a ton. Generally-speaking, the product is easy to understand and doesn't require much training. That said, we had a team from HighFive come train some of the folks who were a bit behind. All-in-all the platform is solid.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with connectivity and some issues with feedback. Since the cameras are set up on the televisions and the microphones are attached to the cameras, it seems like it's just asking for feedback. If we could separate the microphone and put it on, say, a conference table, it seems like it would eliminate a lot of the feedback. We underwent calibration on both sides to help alleviate the feedback too.

We have another office on the other side of the country, so having Highfive readily available in all conference rooms helps to promote connectivity.

Highfive review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Freshly Highfive"

What do you like best?

The video streaming quality is AMAZING and the mobile version has never failed me! I am in love with Highfive! Use it every day!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio can get crackly but it immediately comes back! Other than that, I have had no major issues with them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET THIS!!

We have offices in AZ and NYC - this allows us to feel like one office - all together -- we live on Highfive!

Highfive review by User

"Good software for chat online with multiple peers"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this application is amazing. We can also add easily a highfive meeting link when creating an appointment in gmail.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we need to reset the connection and start all over because of some connections issues. But hopefully is not that much when it happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the product or ask for a trial

We manage to get in touch all the company in our monthly meetings and each time that we need to take a meeting with a face to face interaction.

Highfive review by Vinay kumar S.
Vinay kumar S.

"Review of Highfive as a video conferencing tool"

What do you like best?

The Ease of using HighFive is one feature i like the most. Initiating a vide conference and inviting participants is so easy that we have been using it quite often for most of our meetings now.

Also to be mentioned is projecting the screen on to a highfive TV which helps us presenting stuff and sharing screen very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Occasional connectivity issues can be handled in better manner.

Having a quick video conference with people working remotely anytime is something saving a lot of time and energy in turn saving money as well.

Highfive review by Timothy G.
Timothy G.

"Very smooth video conferencing"

What do you like best?

The video is clear and the audio tracks well with it. It's very easy to launch and share my screen to any of the televisions in the conference room, and the proximity detection works very well.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to leave feedback after every call. How many times do I have to say no to leaving feedback before you'll stop asking?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out. If you're looking for a better solution to video conferencing, this is it.

General office teleconferencing. A large proportion of our employees regularly work from home, so having a properly functioning video conferencing solution is paramount.

Highfive review by Wilhelm L.
Wilhelm L.

"The best video conferencing tool I've ever used."

What do you like best?

Highfive is literally one of the best communication tools I've ever used. It lets me quickly conference with my coworkers who aren't in the office, share my screen during meetings, and video chat with external parties.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Highfive has choppy reception. I had a call once where the video was all green and odd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highfive is great! Don't forget to take a picture of your Highfive set up and tweet at them for a free shirt!

Highfive allows me to have quick and reliable video communication with anyone not in my office. Even for meetings where everyone is present, their screen sharing is more reliable any other tool I've used.

Highfive review by User in Internet

"A great way to connect with coworkers"

What do you like best?

Our company does a morning meeting each day, and being able to label the meeting with an icebreaker question is a great way for people to get excited for the day. It's also very easy to connect with coworkers who are working remotely or out of town!

What do you dislike?

An area of improvement could be in the connection-- the more people we have in the meeting the quality can become muddled and it is hard to see/hear people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highfive is especially helpful if you have multiple offices and remote workers.

We recently had many workers go remote, and it's a great way to stay in touch!

Highfive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Needs some work"

What do you like best?

I like that you can wirelessly share your device to the screen.

What do you dislike?

I hate how hard it is to stream video while mirroring from your device to the screen. Practically impossible to show video in work meetings.

Also, WHY do they not have a screensaver default function? It's ruined all the TVs in our agency. We have something like "Share to screen" burned on all of our TVs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to share video using Highfive, stay clear.

Reviewing work as a group in a meeting.

Highfive review by Jesse B.
Jesse B.

"Great if you have the bandwidth!"

What do you like best?

Minimal initial config needed (nearly plug-and-play).

Audio and video quality is good (as long as the internet connection is good).

Desktop App is easy to use (with some caveats).

What do you dislike?

Bandwidth hog - need a lot of bandwidth to avoid choppiness! This has been somewhat of a problem with our Atlanta office, where they have a cable internet connection (85M x 15M, I believe).

There's no option for lower resolution on slower connections.

Moving calls to TV from laptop and vice versa can sometimes be confusing.

No Linux app :(

Somewhat pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the necessary bandwidth to really utilize it.

Rather than try to hack Skype to work with cameras mounted above our conference room screens, we have one device we can plug in, mount above the TV, and have awesome video conferencing functionality.

Highfive review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"Feels Unnecessary and Too Expensive"

What do you like best?

Joining a meeting seems to be pretty easy. I like the URL-based approach.

What do you dislike?

Connection consistency is an issues pretty much all the time, no matter what device I'm on. Mobile, desktop, laptop, super-strong wifi or bad 3G connection - doesn't matter. Also expensive proprietary hardware is SILLY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better established, more complete offerings from players like Microsoft, Google and Citrix. Go with one of those instead.

Conference calling and remote meetings.

Highfive review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Best All Around Communication Tool For "

What do you like best?

Flexibility

Ease of use

Collaborative

Mobile

Secure

The Highfive AV tool has transformed our business whereas previously, we were limited to utilizing an out of date platform which did not have any features whatsoever.

The Highfive tool is elegant, easy to setup and for our team that ranges from absolutely no tech to full tech intelligence, it was the fastest tool that was widely adopted.

I have already referred 1/2 dozen businesses to Highfive and everyone loves it.

Keep it up and looking forward to Highfive continuing the innovation and adding other features and integrations to make it even better even though as it stands, it's pretty darn good already.

What do you dislike?

The only things that I can say about HF that I/we dislike are;

- Too many maintenance updates and upgrades

- The Slack integration works periodically

- There are no recording features within HF

Recommendations to others considering the product

More integrations

Recording Feature

Integrate with MS Dynamics / CRM

The business problems we HAVE solved are clear; Increasing the ease of AV communications locally or remotely by ten-fold. Allowing our teams to easily collaborate, share screen for the purposes of discussing and working thru day to day matters seamlessly.

The benefits all include what's noted above but beyond that, the biggest benefit is that the tool itself is NOT taxing, meaning it has become our 'norm'. That is difficult when there are so many other tools that lives within our business. Some are used because we 'have' to but others, when it is presented with the benefits, may not be utilized simply because it is difficult to use, not fun and users do not understand the inherent benefits. Highfive is not in that category and that has been the most amazing thing about it.

Highfive review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"Really great when it works"

What do you like best?

The ability to sling from my laptop to the highfive hooked up on the conference room TV is great, from screensharing to just being the meeting host, it's all very well thought out

What do you dislike?

Performance isn't anything to write home about with the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly haven't used a better solution - I've used other professional solutions at other jobs like Zoom, as well as Google/Skype and such, and while this has some performance issues, they all really seem to.

We use this as our internal video conference call system - we have 2 offices and many remote employees throughout the country.

Highfive review by User in Internet

"Simple video conferencing option"

What do you like best?

I like that there is no time limit on high five, it's easy to share screens, and you can have many participants in the video conferences. I also like that the hyperlinks are very simple and participants rarely have any trouble accessing it.

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything that I dislike at this time.

This allows us to conduct video interviewers with candidate across the US and also helps us connect with employees who work at other offices or remotely.

Highfive review by Jeremy W.
Jeremy W.

"High Quality Sound but Video Can be Grainy"

What do you like best?

The sound quality is great, when we have our daily scrum meetings we can usually have conversations without stepping over each other because of delay or not being able to hear others.

What do you dislike?

The video can be lacking at times. Although to compensate HighFive seems to gray scale the video which does help a bit.

We have several people who work remotely and we have two offices in two different states. So having a product like HighFive helps communication and teamwork be realized.

Highfive review by User in Internet

"Great idea, but lots of issues"

What do you like best?

Highfive is easy to use and makes working remotely and communicating with your team easy.

What do you dislike?

It’s a great idea, but the equipment often has to be rebooted and there are a lot of quality issues. It’s fine for an internal meeting, but I will never use it with a client because of these issues.

It was supposed to be used for internal and external remote meetings and presentations. We only use it for internal, though, because the issues happen too frequently.

Highfive review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Highfive for communications"

What do you like best?

I like being able to access the site from different places, phone or computer.

What do you dislike?

I did not like having to install the system on my computer - it also can get pretty glitchy at times, but that can usually be attributed to computer error or slow internet.

We have to have several meetings with people all around the country, it helps bring us all together in one place. It is used consistently in my company and seems to be a solution to allowing meetings to take place without having to travel.

Highfive review by Jonathan J. J.
Jonathan J. J.

"Quality product at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Highfive is extremely easy to setup and use. We had our second unit up and running in 5 minutes! Videos of the callers looks great on both ends.

What do you dislike?

We had one minor hiccup when we transitioned from gmail to exchange which cause us to have our accounts reset as they were originally setup under google. There is also some lag streaming videos or watching the mouse cursor (I need to look at my laptop when presenting)

No need for expensive monthly programs. No need to hard wire your computer for presentations.

Highfive review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"Pretty good, really helpful for our remote team"

What do you like best?

The sound system is a big improvement for us, it's more professional.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there's a lag or I can't login...

We have a remote team , they used to not be able to hear anyone on a phone call and now they are really happy that they can see us and hear us!

Highfive review by Shaun S.
Shaun S.

"Great product and customer service"

What do you like best?

The technology is very easy to use, great quality and service

What do you dislike?

There is an app that you must download to use the tool, so you have to allow for a few extra minutes for folks to download before you can start a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The HighFive device is great, but if you ever need anything from their service team, you are in for a pleasant surprise. I have had nothing but great experiences with their entire team.

Our CEO is remote and we are a highly collaborative culture, so a reliable video conferencing system with a wide angle camera was critical. we did a lot of research and Highfive was the best option on the market, and it has not disappointed.

Highfive review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Excellent Product! Excellent Service! "

What do you like best?

The product works perfectly and consistently. It takes a little bit for the whole team to figure out how it works but once they do its the ideal solution for our team working across different continents. Also, the customer service has been superb in immediately and patiently working with us with the initial setup process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little easier to invite guests into calls. If so we would almost completely get rid of the need for expensive international conference calls or Skype meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Working with a team spread out across four countries. We have been able to hold live meetings that almost feel like we're all in the same room.

Highfive review by Khalil B.
Khalil B.

"Highfive deserves one"

What do you like best?

I like the clean simple layout, it is a very streamlined video conference solution. If you know your unique meeting name, then you will be instantly brought into the meeting without any real menu system.

What do you dislike?

The screen sharing features seem to still be getting ironed out, had a couple stutters and drops during my experience.

It fills a need that has been filled many times previously. Rabb.it is another service that is perfecting this tech.

Highfive review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple to use, very intuitive, for the basic functions which is all I want to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of our conference rooms are not equipped with Highfive yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they can continue to keep it simple then great - if they add functions without giving the user the opportunity to hide them or turn them off then...

It is very quick to spontaneously share slides and have meetings. Less convoluted than other solutions.

Highfive review by Jim A.
Jim A.

"The 3 E's"

What do you like best?

The product is easy, efficient, and effective. A simple download to your mobile device or to your desktop and you are off and running. Very cost effective to implement and use across the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little getting used to using it and does require some minimal training, but once you get started it really is an easy product to utilize.

We find it very effective for holding meetings across locations. The opportunity to video conference vs. a standard conference call really adds to the meeting.

Highfive review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Highfive is great for remote team meetings"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Highfive is the sound quality that comes with using the product's hardware. Their speaker has exceptional sound compared to any conference phone I've ever used.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is there is no way to get a dedicated phone dial-in for recurring meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is an amazing tool for teams spread out across multiple office locations. Also, imagine never having to enter a dreaded dial-in and conference pin # again! Simply come up with an easy to remember meeting name and invite people to join via a dedicated URL.

With offices in three different locations and many remote team members, having everyone equipped with Highfive software and hardware has turned out to be a huge way to increase efficiency in scheduling, hosting and joining meetings.

Highfive review by User in Internet

"Positive experience, I would recommend Highfive to a friend or colleague."

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, easy to create new "sessions" and that the transition from share screen to share on TV is really fast. The picture quality and sound is good, and the mic picks up my voice well enough where I don't have to yell across the room during a session.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection isn't great, but once I reboot that typically solves the problem. Not sure if that issue is with Highfive or my internet connection though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the learning curve to use even easier. Highfive is doing a great job, but it still took me 30 - 60 minutes to learn how to use it and watch all of the videos. There might be the opportunity to trim this time down which would make adopting this solution even easier.

We use Highfive to solve the problem of connecting with team members working remotely and at our satellite offices.

Highfive review by User

"Simple, Efficient Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

Highfive is extremely easy to use, requires no training, and never fails. Simply walk into your conference room, launch high five, and instantly see your colleagues on video, or share your screen for presentations. Takes seconds to do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to date. I am very satisfied with my Highfive experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Quickly share your screen, and see your colleagues in different offices. No need to dial in!

Highfive review by Hana S.
Hana S.

"Weekly user"

What do you like best?

The user interface. Clean and clear experience.

What do you dislike?

This might not be related to Highfive, but I notice a lot of connectivity issues. The mic's quality doesn't seem optimal either.

Highfive makes it quick and simple to engage with colleagues in other offices. If this were a clunky user un-friendly experience, it would not emulate an in-person conversation. The seamlessness of this experience makes a company feel more connected.

Highfive review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Nice features but reliability issues"

What do you like best?

The software has an easy to use screen share feature which we use extensively.

What do you dislike?

We have had issues with dropped calls and poor quality on and off throughout the time we have used the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to do an extensive trial to see how the quality is in your environment.

Video conferencing solution. It has enabled us to coordinate with our other offices and clients in an easier way.

Highfive review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Love it, especially if working from home"

What do you like best?

Great way to communicate with coworkers face to face for meetings and share presentations.

What do you dislike?

The sharing screen function is a little bit glitchy, but it gets the job done.

All of our meeting rooms have highfive connected to all the screens. This makes the meeting rooms look more sleek since there are no wires lying around. Highfive allowed me to have meetings with minimal equipment, all I need is a laptop and internet connection.

Highfive review by Andrew O.
Andrew O.

"Great way to conduct meetings with remote participants"

What do you like best?

The audio quality is very high. It's a big improvement from including remote colleagues via conference phone.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to set up if you're doing a complicated configurations such as having a video call with a colleague, while presenting on a screen and maintaining access to speaker notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy a unit and try it out in one conference room. It's very easy to evaluate whether or not it's right for your company.

We often have team members working remote. Highfive lets them participate in meetings without feeling left out. It also works well for reviewing work and having warmer discussions via the 1-on-1 video chats.

Highfive review by User in Financial Services

"Devours your CPU"

What do you like best?

The only nice feature is the ability to control who is muted.

What do you dislike?

It's almost impossible to use when video-calling into a team meeting. When doing so my CPU usage jumps from System-11%, User-7% to a ridiculous System-72%, User-25%. This makes it impossible for me to do anything but stare at the screen when on High5.

It's not worth the space it takes up in my apps on my computer. I would only recommend this to a user who wants to torture their worst enemies by crashing their computer while on a seemingly-friendly call.

Team meetings across locations.

Highfive review by Lance H.
Lance H.

"Very Easy to Use, Good Quality"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity to start a meeting and allow others to join. The quality of the video hardware is good. Easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

We've had a few issues with users downloading the software and having issues installing. It would be great if we could record meetings. Hard wire required. No wi-fi ( I understand for quality reasons).

We need a way to quickly start a meeting in our conference rooms and allow users from around the country to join and participate without the technology getting in the way. The benefits to a remote team are ease of use and ability to communicate easily with each other.

Highfive review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"Early adopter who keeps on adopting!"

What do you like best?

We love our Highfives! We have them in multiple conference rooms and office in our HQ and at several of our remote locations. It is very easy to setup as an admin and even easier for the team to use. This is how we screen share and video conference. No more wires in the conference room!

What do you dislike?

I know the Highfive team is working to improve the performance of the screen sharing. Improve the performance and you'll get 11 stars!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

We have teams distributed across the US and the ability to work face-to-face is huge. We will open a Highfive just to say "Hey"

Highfive review by Raul R.
Raul R.

"Great solution foro videoconference"

What do you like best?

Highfive is very easy yo usé with a great Quality of audio/vídeo conversations. Highfive is the best for communicate with our Offices, customers anda suppliers

What do you dislike?

I do note have any problem using Highfive, is very easy yo use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highfive is a great investment for any company

Basically talk face to face, saving time and money

Highfive review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Highfive - Quick And Easy Makes For An Excellent Presentation"

What do you like best?

Going into a meeting room and being a couple clicks away from presenting on any monitor.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is latency when screen sharing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better and more professional than Google hangouts.

Cross office communication has become much easier after Highfive.

Highfive review by David C.
David C.

"Stable product, fewer quirks than most"

What do you like best?

This isn't just a webconferencing software for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices, but also a dedicated hardware platform. Both its (mac) application and hardware control are seamless, and highly functional. The video and audio are more stable than most of the competitors that I've tried, and I've tried quite a few.

I use Highfive on a daily basis, and support is always responsive to any help I've needed. On top of that, Highfive solicits feedback after every session.

What do you dislike?

Minimal (one) keyboard shortcuts, audio and video can become desynchronized, hardware audio seems to be half duplex rather than full.

Keeping remote teams close.

Highfive review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Easiest VC app/system I have used, when fully functioning"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of connectivity and use when operating

What do you dislike?

audio hub &/or display device configuration not always recognized as needed (~30% of the time). Requires restart (~60 sec). Native resolution issues for some Mac Books.

We have 3 different locations as well as vendors needing to regularly collaborate. Ease of use across platforms as well as a flat learning curve are very beneficial.

Highfive review by Alexander W.
Alexander W.

"Highfive is usually dope."

What do you like best?

Super slick interface, very easy for me to use and run for our tech company. I love that I can just click a button and share my screen.

What do you dislike?

Connection issues every once in a while. I am trying to connect with my team on the other side of the US, and 1/10 I need to restart and try again.

I can see my team members that are thousands of miles away face to face. You can't put a price on that. We often do product demos for customers, and we can practice those very easily with Highfive.

Highfive review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great platform for Sharing"

What do you like best?

We have many different offices at different locations and highfive makes it convenience to have meetings when it is not possible for everyone to convene.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to do screen sharing sometimes, it will lag on occasions, but definitely not a deal breaker.

Having last minute conferences is easy now because even if we're not all in the same place, everyone will always have their laptops with them.

Highfive review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Good Idea with a Poor Connection"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to connect people from other offices. I found it easier to use than Skype or a similar program. You were provided with your own high five camera and app, which was nice and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the connection. We acufally discontinued our services with high five because the connection was so terrible!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend talking to other video conferencing companies before deciding on high five.

We were solving communication issues. We have multiple offices and can’t be in the same place at the same time. It saved us money on flights and travel expenses.

Highfive review by Filipe M.
Filipe M.

"Nice software, it has a cam that you can plug into a TV"

What do you like best?

Easy to set meetings and have our own meeting URL which anyone can use

What do you dislike?

The quality isn't as good as other apps, like Skype for example

Overseas communication

Highfive review by Natalie R.
Natalie R.

"Not ideal for conference calls "

What do you like best?

It has pretty good camera quailty and an easy set up when using on a TV in a conference room.

What do you dislike?

The system needs updating often and is unreliable. We often have to make a phone call into meetings instead of video calling because it often doesnt work.

We have a headquarters in a differebt city, so highfive allows us to have meetibgs together and share updates while in different locations in the state.

Highfive review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Highfive rated a five"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to conference in a large number of remote groups. The ability to show slides while conferencing in the groups is also helpful.

What do you dislike?

Whenever we are doing a call if anyone is near a cell phone or a land line phone there is a high amount of buzzing interference and you cannot hear the main presenter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do not have too many tech gadgets while hosting highfive meetings.

The fast pace of our start up company rapidly expanding. We do not have to have all the regions come together as often with this face to face style training.

Highfive review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Best Thing Ever"

What do you like best?

It is the best device to use for meeting's, it feels like you're on the same room with the other co-workers from the other side of the world and it is also mobile friendly actually it is the app.

What do you dislike?

I just don't like that you don't have the option to choose which member or office you want to see but it selects automatically the 2 main offices which have more people speaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they have made the right choice.

We hold multipurpose meetings within our worldwide offices, it connects us together,

Highfive review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Use it almost every day—and still really like it :)"

What do you like best?

It took a bit getting used to, but it's pretty simple, whether you're doing a screenshare, face-to-face remote meeting, or you want to do both. With great internet, it's really clear and stable.

You can host a bunch of different people via highfive, too.

What do you dislike?

With poor to mediocre internet speed it's really choppy. I look forward to improvements here.

Bringing together remote teammates and our multiple offices. My team tells me that this really helps them feel "together" which, as a manager, I LOVE to hera.

Highfive review by Nicholas B.
Nicholas B.

"Nice tool for conferences"

What do you like best?

I like how fast it is to switch between Highfive conferences as I switch conference rooms.

What do you dislike?

I previously did not like that I couldn't pick what screen to show on my laptop -- but they solved that!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid tool for conferences and the ability to display presentations from your laptop to a larger screen.

Ability to display presentations and designs to a larger screen.

Highfive review by Yuri V.
Yuri V.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

Flexible and easy to use. Good quality and mostly reliable. Setup is super simple. Huge time saver. Great mobile apps. Much more affordable tutions.han traditional dial-in conferencing solutions.

What do you dislike?

Limited integration - would like to see Mac Outlook support please. No support for share 2nd+ monitor, and thus no presentation. Toll-free number as opposed to local number will be a good addition. Annual fee. No text chat abilities.

Communication is no seamless with internal remote teams as well as our partners. Better sharing of screens for meetings and presentations - no more emailing slide decks or pdfs.

Highfive review by Whitney W.
Whitney W.

"A great tool for meetings"

What do you like best?

Product works great for general meetings of geographically dispersed people as well as screen sharing within meetings. Mobile clients work well across platforms and Mac client feels especially polished.

What do you dislike?

We use the hardware on mounted TVs and can get some odd feedback situations with people connecting from home or other offices.

The business problem we are solving is two-fold: supporting bi-coastal offices and allowing easy screen sharing within meetings. The benefits have been improved connectivity during meetings and easier sharing of information in-meeting.

Highfive review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Pretty good meeting software"

What do you like best?

I think Highfive is pretty easy to use. It's easy to invite others by creating a link or call in #, and adding people onto the call from multiple areas works great. Connection gets a little spotty from time to time which I would love to have go away forever, but does that disappear with any software? I doubt it. I like this program better than others I've tried in the past.

What do you dislike?

Connection dropping sometimes so that becomes frustrating and hard to hold a successful meeting but this doesn't usually last long

The benefit of getting everyone on calls no matter where they are working from. Great for all out remote workers to call in and be a part of these meetings.

Highfive review by Jim D.
Jim D.

"Great Technology / Great People"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the system is what i was searching for.. this system delivered exactly that...

What do you dislike?

couple of settings are hard to find, when using external speakers, and microphone, its hard to change the devices before a call or in a call

complexity of conferencing with Skype for business, specifically in rooms

Highfive review by User in Internet

"Really good Video and Audio Conferencing"

What do you like best?

The quality of the video and audio is great when it is connected.

What do you dislike?

It demands a seemingly high amount of bandwidth, and when there are 10+ callers from outside the USA it tends to drop video and start to fall apart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good audio and video conferencing software, have had very little troubles and any that I have had are fixed very quickly.

We are a geographically dispersed team, we use highfive to hold our daily standups. Highfive makes this nice and easy, everyone has the link and away we go.

Highfive review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering