Highrise

Highrise is a flexible contact management tool that helps you stay organized

Work for Highrise?

Showing 73 Highrise reviews
Highrise review by <span>Michelangelo v.</span>
Michelangelo v.

Simplicity sometimes works best

What do you like best?

Highrise is an easy to understand and use service that allows small business owners to regain control over their projects, offers sent to clients and follow up on deals.

What do you dislike?

The somewhat outdated design makes it not appealing at first sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business or a sole entrepreneur, Highrise is a perfect fit. It will give you ease of keeping track of important conversations and follow up on your sales deals. Your life will never be the same again.

As a business owner I was challenged in keeping tracks of deals and follow up on prospects, having tried all sorts of tools like spreadsheets, calendar plugins and even post-its on the wall but nothing was working. I decided to look at online CRM services, even though most of them are oriented towards big organisations with many employees while we're a two-person service company.

Another small business owner recommended me to try out Highrise, a simple CRM oriented to small businesses and created by the same team that delivered the award winning project management tool Basecamp. I tried it out for free for 30 days and was immediately sold on the easiness of the service. Within that trial period I already saw results in the way we were doing business. We finally were able to keep track of our outstanding offers, follow up on sales negotiations and realising deals. For us, Highrise was the game changer we needed to move out of our swamp.

Once we started working with freelancers, we were able to give them limited access to parts of the service so they could follow up on upcoming projects and extensions of work. Which is truly awesome to stay transparent with everyone involved.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Highrise
Highrise review by <span>Dave B.</span>
Dave B.

All a Small Consulting Firm Needs in a CRM and Nothing More

What do you like best?

I've used a lot of different customer relationship management systems over the years. Highrise manages to combine a fair amount of power in a package that is easy for people to use. It's been my experience that if people don't find a CRM system intuitive, they won't use it. Since I'm in the professional services/consulting industry, the users are my peers. I can't force them to use a tool with which they are uncomfortable.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Highrise for nearly 5 years, so the evidence suggests that there aren't any fatal flaws in the system. Up until recently, the bulk email feature (or the absence thereof) was a weakness. However, that's been rectified. We use it as a complement to feature-rich mail options such as MailChimp rather than a replacement, though.

Long-lived relationships built on trust are the lifeblood of our business. Highrise makes it easy to keep up to date with prospects, clients, specialist providers, and others. As noted previously, a CRM is useful to the extent that it's used. We use Highrise intensely.

What CRM solution do you use?

Highrise review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

Highrise CRM

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I would like to see better options in Highrise CRM but every CRM has its quirks so I really can say that this is a fabulous CRM. I was never happy that every time someone called me Highrise would want to know what to do with the call. I think that's a good feature on an auto-dialer or the like but not on a personal cell phone. I hope Highrise CRM will introduce an alternative feature like a "decide later" what to do with previous calls. I think that would enhance the app and make it awesome for on the go sales warriors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Highrise as I have used Highrise for a number of years and it is much better than many CRM’s because it is multi-faceted and has many features that every entrepreneur and businessman, small to mid-size can use.

I am solving many problems by using Highrise CRM, as it helps me mainstream my database and helps me increase my pipeline. Highrise CRM ensures my business growth and allows my salespeople to increase their productivity.

Highrise review by <span>Candy T.</span>
Candy T.

Not intuitive to learn and mediocre at task management.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it works with Dropbox and automatically will find the contact who wrote the email and attach the email to that contact's page. You can alsoBCC your dropbox when you send an email and the email will be attached to the person receiving the email. That part seems like a nice added bonus feature that's automated.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the software itself is a bit clunky. I also think that the layout lacks a good "flow". Big learning curve when trying to figure out how to navigate this product. Sometimes the search feature lacks because it won't accurately pull up ALL records that contain the search phrase someplace in them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the learning curve and how cumbersome the software is. I would also make sure to enter in relevant keywords for each client/record so as to avoid duplicate ones being created. It's a big headache for us when we realize a duplicate record exists and it makes it harder to track client communication.

Using the software to track leads and potential leads as well as those who have already been emailed and contacted and those who have been contacted but have not responded or replied. Sometimes our team members accidentally create a duplicate lead because upon searching for an existing one, the search features don't accurately pull it up so we end up creating a new lead unnecessarily.

Highrise review by <span>Timothy M.</span>
Timothy M.

Highrise in a Sales Organization

What do you like best?

Highrise allows team members to add contacts quickly, and assign tasks / update notes. This is a low-cost option, as compared to more sophisticated CRM products, and for the price, doesn't disappoint. Highrise is a very fast product, and does not require agonizing wait times, often attributed to larger SaaS products. The Highrise Team is always very actively involved in the development of this product, and it shows. New features are added on a very regular basis, and it appears as though they actually do listen to their very vocal user community.

What do you dislike?

Unlike more expensive competition, Highrise is not as flexible or customizable as you may like. With the lower price point, you do sacrifice some of this flexibility, but not to the point that I've found it to become a hindrance. Ultimately, the sacrifices that we are willing to make to use a less expensive product are not significant in any sense of the word. I have no doubt that missing features and benefits will be realized in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price was a very important consideration for us. Other than that, it is very straightforward.

We needed a solid CRM product, at a reasonable price point, so accurately track client touches. This is also integrated into our cold-outreach process for identifying and tracking our outbound sales process. As any manager of a mature sales team realizes, it is imperative to accurately be able to asses the current sales pipeline, as we as individual team contributions to it. Highrise allows us to quickly and accurately gauge these very important sales metrics.

Highrise review by <span>Callie W.</span>
Callie W.

Highrise - daily user

What do you like best?

I really like the organization of it all. It is so user-friendly and helps keep me extremely organized with tasks. Being able to see what other colleagues have been working on for mutual clients in each client 'dashboard' helps keep everyone on the same page and updated on the latest.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the notifications I get to my email about tasks that need to be done because I keep Highrise up and am looking at it all day anyway (although I could probably turn this off if I really looked). Just a preference thing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps maintain organization and important information is easily accessible in an instant. Super convenient and easy to use! Would definitely recommend this for a small-medium sized business.

It keeps our team organized and updated on mutual clients, so when someone calls and their client manager is out of the office or away from their desk, colleagues are automatically aware of whatever is going on. It helps us answer client questions and internal questions about clients because it's so straightforward and all the information is right there - including contact info, website info, logins, etc. I love that we can tag teammates to see specific posts as well.

Learning about Highrise?

* We monitor all Highrise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.