Highrise

3.6

Highrise is a flexible contact management tool that helps you stay organized

Work for Highrise?

Learning about Highrise?

Highrise Reviews

Ask Highrise a Question
Showing 75 Highrise reviews
Highrise review by Michelangelo v.
Michelangelo v.

"Simplicity sometimes works best"

What do you like best?

Highrise is an easy to understand and use service that allows small business owners to regain control over their projects, offers sent to clients and follow up on deals.

What do you dislike?

The somewhat outdated design makes it not appealing at first sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business or a sole entrepreneur, Highrise is a perfect fit. It will give you ease of keeping track of important conversations and follow up on your sales deals. Your life will never be the same again.

As a business owner I was challenged in keeping tracks of deals and follow up on prospects, having tried all sorts of tools like spreadsheets, calendar plugins and even post-its on the wall but nothing was working. I decided to look at online CRM services, even though most of them are oriented towards big organisations with many employees while we're a two-person service company.

Another small business owner recommended me to try out Highrise, a simple CRM oriented to small businesses and created by the same team that delivered the award winning project management tool Basecamp. I tried it out for free for 30 days and was immediately sold on the easiness of the service. Within that trial period I already saw results in the way we were doing business. We finally were able to keep track of our outstanding offers, follow up on sales negotiations and realising deals. For us, Highrise was the game changer we needed to move out of our swamp.

Once we started working with freelancers, we were able to give them limited access to parts of the service so they could follow up on upcoming projects and extensions of work. Which is truly awesome to stay transparent with everyone involved.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Highrise
Highrise review by Dave B.
Dave B.

"All a Small Consulting Firm Needs in a CRM and Nothing More"

What do you like best?

I've used a lot of different customer relationship management systems over the years. Highrise manages to combine a fair amount of power in a package that is easy for people to use. It's been my experience that if people don't find a CRM system intuitive, they won't use it. Since I'm in the professional services/consulting industry, the users are my peers. I can't force them to use a tool with which they are uncomfortable.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Highrise for nearly 5 years, so the evidence suggests that there aren't any fatal flaws in the system. Up until recently, the bulk email feature (or the absence thereof) was a weakness. However, that's been rectified. We use it as a complement to feature-rich mail options such as MailChimp rather than a replacement, though.

Long-lived relationships built on trust are the lifeblood of our business. Highrise makes it easy to keep up to date with prospects, clients, specialist providers, and others. As noted previously, a CRM is useful to the extent that it's used. We use Highrise intensely.

What CRM solution do you use?

Highrise review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Highrise CRM"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I would like to see better options in Highrise CRM but every CRM has its quirks so I really can say that this is a fabulous CRM. I was never happy that every time someone called me Highrise would want to know what to do with the call. I think that's a good feature on an auto-dialer or the like but not on a personal cell phone. I hope Highrise CRM will introduce an alternative feature like a "decide later" what to do with previous calls. I think that would enhance the app and make it awesome for on the go sales warriors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Highrise as I have used Highrise for a number of years and it is much better than many CRM’s because it is multi-faceted and has many features that every entrepreneur and businessman, small to mid-size can use.

I am solving many problems by using Highrise CRM, as it helps me mainstream my database and helps me increase my pipeline. Highrise CRM ensures my business growth and allows my salespeople to increase their productivity.

Highrise review by Candy T.
Candy T.

"Not intuitive to learn and mediocre at task management."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it works with Dropbox and automatically will find the contact who wrote the email and attach the email to that contact's page. You can alsoBCC your dropbox when you send an email and the email will be attached to the person receiving the email. That part seems like a nice added bonus feature that's automated.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the software itself is a bit clunky. I also think that the layout lacks a good "flow". Big learning curve when trying to figure out how to navigate this product. Sometimes the search feature lacks because it won't accurately pull up ALL records that contain the search phrase someplace in them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the learning curve and how cumbersome the software is. I would also make sure to enter in relevant keywords for each client/record so as to avoid duplicate ones being created. It's a big headache for us when we realize a duplicate record exists and it makes it harder to track client communication.

Using the software to track leads and potential leads as well as those who have already been emailed and contacted and those who have been contacted but have not responded or replied. Sometimes our team members accidentally create a duplicate lead because upon searching for an existing one, the search features don't accurately pull it up so we end up creating a new lead unnecessarily.

Highrise review by Timothy M.
Timothy M.

"Highrise in a Sales Organization"

What do you like best?

Highrise allows team members to add contacts quickly, and assign tasks / update notes. This is a low-cost option, as compared to more sophisticated CRM products, and for the price, doesn't disappoint. Highrise is a very fast product, and does not require agonizing wait times, often attributed to larger SaaS products. The Highrise Team is always very actively involved in the development of this product, and it shows. New features are added on a very regular basis, and it appears as though they actually do listen to their very vocal user community.

What do you dislike?

Unlike more expensive competition, Highrise is not as flexible or customizable as you may like. With the lower price point, you do sacrifice some of this flexibility, but not to the point that I've found it to become a hindrance. Ultimately, the sacrifices that we are willing to make to use a less expensive product are not significant in any sense of the word. I have no doubt that missing features and benefits will be realized in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price was a very important consideration for us. Other than that, it is very straightforward.

We needed a solid CRM product, at a reasonable price point, so accurately track client touches. This is also integrated into our cold-outreach process for identifying and tracking our outbound sales process. As any manager of a mature sales team realizes, it is imperative to accurately be able to asses the current sales pipeline, as we as individual team contributions to it. Highrise allows us to quickly and accurately gauge these very important sales metrics.

Highrise review by Callie W.
Callie W.

"Highrise - daily user"

What do you like best?

I really like the organization of it all. It is so user-friendly and helps keep me extremely organized with tasks. Being able to see what other colleagues have been working on for mutual clients in each client 'dashboard' helps keep everyone on the same page and updated on the latest.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the notifications I get to my email about tasks that need to be done because I keep Highrise up and am looking at it all day anyway (although I could probably turn this off if I really looked). Just a preference thing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps maintain organization and important information is easily accessible in an instant. Super convenient and easy to use! Would definitely recommend this for a small-medium sized business.

It keeps our team organized and updated on mutual clients, so when someone calls and their client manager is out of the office or away from their desk, colleagues are automatically aware of whatever is going on. It helps us answer client questions and internal questions about clients because it's so straightforward and all the information is right there - including contact info, website info, logins, etc. I love that we can tag teammates to see specific posts as well.

Highrise review by Rich F.
Rich F.

"Highrise: The Goldilocks CRM "

What do you like best?

-It's inexpensive (I actually got it free with Basecamp)

-It's simple and easy to understand

-Able to integrate easily with WuFoo

-I can bcc emails and it will log in into the record

What do you dislike?

-I wish there was way to to integrate it with my web based email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great CRM. I definitely recommend for the price point and ease of use.

When I started my business, I had to do my own sales. I realized that I need a way to manage the sales process. I looked at SalesForce and other platforms and just tested Highrise because it came bundled with Basecamp.

Highrise review by Joseph A.
Joseph A.

"Getting What You Need"

What do you like best?

HighRise is great to maange large client bases. My company manages over 400 different accounts, which all have different needs and live within different stages of their company life cycle. It can tedious to manage but, HighRise allows quick stops to view a singular client.

What do you dislike?

There is basically no automation to assist the user for this. While it is nice to have, everything is still a manual entry. As we move further and further into an automated world, products like HighRise are going to have to adjust or die trying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that while HighRise is free and can be a benefit, you will have to manually put it every client interaction. It can be a bit time consuming and is prone to continued errors if people forget to log in critical information.

HighRise assist with keeping us informed on client interactions, needs and overall communication.

Highrise review by Ashley V.
Ashley V.

"Helpful resource - but complicated to use"

What do you like best?

Highrise is a great way to keep track of important conversations, contacts, and private information that is needed to be shared within a company. However, with all of it's benefits, it's definitely a little complicated to use and the interface is not the most simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it doesn't have a simple dashboard that integrates all of the activities or information stored in the system - sure there are tabs - but not one simple page with all the necessary information. Why is this? Also, when you log out and then log back in, it brings you back to the same page you were looking at before you logged out. Why?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't seen any improvements within the past year...so I cannot judge if it is going in the right direction.

Tracking contacts and resources that need to be shared within office and employees.

Highrise review by Mariano D.
Mariano D.

"An improving customer management tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this tool is to use - It really helps us manage our customer's information well.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it integrates with other tools as well as I'd like, such as Helpscout and Freshbooks, and I don't necessarily want to use an API to have it do what I need it to do. Ideally, I'd love Highrise to be a central hub for customer information, and have all our other tools sync to the data in that tool...but it's not reliable enough (in my opinion), to do that, or to sync properly with the data we already have in other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple, economical CRM, Highrise is worthy of your consideration. It has several features that have improved over the years, including its customer search, tagging and custom data fields, and it's in active development, so I think it will improve over time.

We are solving the business problem of having all our contacts in one place. We've realized clear, consistent contact data for our entire company, as long as people remember to maintain data for a customer correctly!

Highrise review by Julie N.
Julie N.

"Serves its purpose"

What do you like best?

Highrise is easy to use and train others on. It helps keep our company organized by knowing what conversations we've had in the past with customers and potential clients as well as helps keep all of our passwords and logins in one place, allowing the team as a whole to assess the information at any time.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to see things in a more visually appealing way than at present. Currently, it's very text-based. It's also not super user-friendly on mobile. It doesn't have all of the product features I'd like there to be on a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple and well organized software. I'm definitely a fan.

Highrise helps with organization and communication throughout our company. It has made us a more well-run company. You can reference old projects, clients, and cases you've worked on and view all communications from that specific subject and it helps serve as a frame of reference for future conversations more than email ever could.

Highrise review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great CRM, could use a few additional features. "

What do you like best?

Highrise is great for tracking our communications and following deals we're involved with. Highrise is on par with other CRMs I've used.

What do you dislike?

When someone switches organizations, you have to create a new profile for them and update the old profile to reflect that they no longer work there. It would be nice if you could be able to update someone's profile when they move companies (without losing the data from when they were with their old company) so you don't have two profiles for the same person.

We've been able to better follow work being done across the various aspects of our organization. I especially like the subscribe feature for organizations, people, and deals. It is a great way to follow what's happening without having to visit the site.

Highrise review by Carl S.
Carl S.

"Excellent CRM Option"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, simple user design that doesn't try to do too much. It requires little, if any training, for our staff to get engaged with this tool. Plus, it does all the basics that we require as a firm.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any major dislikes of this product. The continuing updating and expansion of the features, since this product was sold off from 37Signals, now Basecamp, has been a bonus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options for CRM type tools. The key for us was to find the least common set of tools and features that we need to get stuff done. We were tempted to go to Salesforce, however, it looked too complex for us. About half of our staff use Highrise on a daily or weekly basis.

Our firm has been using Highrise for over five years, starting back when it was a part of the 37Signals suite of web tools. Since then, we have added over 1,000 deals to the system. We use it everyday to track new leads, and to pull reports from past pursuits. We integrated it with another web-based app, Easy Insights, to expand the analytical and reporting capabilities for the management team.

We wanted a simple, intuitive tool that was web-based, and could be used anywhere by staff in our offices nationwide. It definitely delivers in that area of need.

Highrise review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"An excellent way to keep track of all the important details about clients and vendors"

What do you like best?

The way it keeps everyone on our remote team up to date about clients. We have been using Highrise since 2011, I love that we have data on all our clients going back that far. We have clients that don't work with us for years, and when they do come back we have all their information handy and can jump back into their work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a little hard to see client notes at a glance, especially when there are a lot of notes about a particular client, but that may just be more a function of how we use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highrise is a great option to keep track of clients. I don't know if I would say it's the best, but it's really good, there is just a lot of competition. I recommend doing some research and figuring out which option looks like the best fit for you and your organization.

Keeping track of client and vendor contact information and contact history. It improves customer service and makes us more efficient because all the information is in one place.

Highrise review by Vicki F.
Vicki F.

"Highrise Keeps Us On Track"

What do you like best?

Highrise is sort of a "one stop shop" for keeping information on all of our candidates and clients together. We can add resumes, contact information, photo and even forward emails straight to someone's profile on the site. When someone from our company speaks to one of our contacts via phone or email, it's easy to add that info to their profile. Additionally, we can assign 'tags' to our contacts to make it easy to pull up lists with certain parameters.

What do you dislike?

It has a pretty steep learning curve. It's easy to mess things up if you're not careful.

We are able to keep track of all communications with our clients and candidates. We have up-to-date info at our fingertips.

Highrise review by User in Internet

"Almost has it all"

What do you like best?

I like the task system the most. You can assign tasks to others and yourself. It helps me stay on task outside of a hand written to do list.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot automate tasks - especially for sales follow up.

I also wish there was a way to export company information better such as names and email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highrise is a great place to start to organize a business with many clients. I would recommend this to a start up looking to save money but also ready to start focusing on sales, client retention, etc. Highrise provides some customization options within each company so you can add fields you need.

Highrise has been instrumental to improve team work and collaboration on accounts. We have over 5 departments that speak with our clients and Highrise allows us to see everyone's communication.

We love using the task system.

Highrise review by Gerard N.
Gerard N.

"So much better than SalesForce.com for a fraction of the cost"

What do you like best?

Highrise is the Facebook of CRM.

I wanted to like SalesForce.com, but it was expensive and I could never find the information I wanted.

Sure, maybe I wasn't using it properly, but I just didn't have the patience to keep using it.

Highrise is a fraction of the cost, and is like a "free-style" version of SalesForce. It relies heavily on tagging, which gives you a high degree of flexibility. The whole "tagging" thing might not be for everybody (because you have to give some thought to how you want to use it), but it works well for my small team.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to dislike. It is cheap, reliable and does the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A fraction of the price of Salesforce. If you can make it work for you, it's perfect.

Cheap but has every feature I need.

Highrise review by Betsy C.
Betsy C.

"Great tool for agencies with many clients and services"

What do you like best?

I love the "tasks" feature, and the ability to assign them to other people. We have so many clients that it's hard sometimes to keep track of which clients need what done, and how to prioritize.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to integrate Highrise with our current ticket system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for companies with a high number of clients

We have a long history with many of our clients and sometimes need to revert back and reference work that had been done years ago. We are easily able to solve any miscommunication problems by having a solid history of what has been done on each account and by who.

Highrise review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Greatest CRM ever!"

What do you like best?

Highrise is incredible as a CRM. We've gone through probably 10 others in the office, and Highrise is the only one that stuck!

What do you dislike?

Some features are not immediately clear to less tech-savy users, such as not knowing some things are clickable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's super easy to set up and learn! Definitely recommend, especially to less tech-savvy types!

CRM to keep track of everything in a real estate brokerage.

Highrise review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

".Highrise to Constant Contact Syncing "

What do you like best?

It allows us to input information in one platform and not have to duplicate our efforts to upload that same information to another platform, saving us time and ensuring accuracy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I am unsure if all of the information is up to date, I wish it was a little more transparent about when each contact has been updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish the platform would pull in people pictures/company logos when LinkedIn URLs were uploaded so that the process didn't have to be so labor intensive. Also wish you could assign tasks to more than one person

Time and accuracy efficiencies, we don't have to duplicate efforts and it makes it easier for us to ensure the information is correct in all places.

Highrise review by Selena Caryn N.
Selena Caryn N.

"Great for mass email and keeping track of tasks"

What do you like best?

I love he task manager and the ease of creating a mass email draft. Easy to send large amounts of emails.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little weird to comb through. I feel it’s a little disorganized. Also, trying to find certain contacts can be hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for task delegation and keeping track of clients

Mass email. Draft email. Unsubscribe options. Task delegation.

Highrise review by Corey C.
Corey C.

"Very Simple and Easy to use, sometimes a little basic"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of use. It's a very clean interface.

What do you dislike?

Tracking email threads is a hassle. I must remember to put a BCC on all messages to get them into Highrise.

As leads come to us, we need a place to keep them and all the activity that goes around trying to land them as a customer. Highrise is where we do this. It's easy to use and setup and it helps us keep tabs on prospects and make sure we are constantly engaging them.

Highrise review by Noah R.
Noah R.

"I like the email BCC feature "

What do you like best?

Email BCC feature to keep track of all my conversations

What do you dislike?

Lack of a pipeline view, no goal setting options. Hard to track performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to stay organized and keep track of emails, documents and leads and proposals, Highrise is a good tool. But it lacks a pipeline view or goal setting tools so its not a fit for everyone. I think its best for small organizations.

I used it as a repository for all emailed leads, documents and proposal. It was helpful to dump all my correspondence there with the click of the FWD button and using the specific email addresses for either Proposals or general conversations,

Highrise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use - No frills"

What do you like best?

It's not a complicated CRM solution, but it gets the job done - contact information, links to company information, and it has a journal-type input function for any contact with the customer. I found it to be exactly what I needed, and the mobile app comes in handy when you're on the road and need an address or phone number.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there are things that more robust CRM tools can do that Highrise can't, but like I said, it does everything I wanted it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, you may find more robust tools out there that do more, but this is a simple, easy-to-use CRM solution that gets the job done in terms of customer contact management.

Keeping track of customers; having contact information all in one place; chronicling my interactions with customers.

Highrise review by Gian Mario T.
Gian Mario T.

"Extremely simple CRM"

What do you like best?

Highrise it's very simple to use, a typical user will learn all the functions in a matter of a couple of days, the little tricks in a couple of weeks, also the contact management works flawlessly, it has all the little features that one can expect from a contact manager.

What do you dislike?

Simplicity is a good thing but also a curse at the same time, in particular the deal management is really really poor, there are a few fields that you can use to assign a category, you can assign a value and not so much more. There is a total lack of reporting concerning the deals. Also if you are looking for something to track pre-sales activities, both cases and deals are not good enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not expect them to implement any additional function to Highrise, in more than 5 years only very small features here and there have been added, they do not have a public forum, they used to have it but since people were really complaining hard for the lack of major updates they shut it down. Support is arrogant most of the times. So my suggestion is: try it and if it does everything you need then subscribe, but do not expect your voice to be heard.

We are surely solving our contact management, we would like to manage our sale process but unfortunately we have to rely also on external instruments, e.g. excel files and such.

Highrise review by Dave D.
Dave D.

"Good value for money and excellent integrations"

What do you like best?

Integrations with pretty much any third party API you could hope for.

What do you dislike?

Bit of a dated interface and seeming lack of ongoing work on the product.

Customer relationship management.

Highrise review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"Highrise is a great contacts database"

What do you like best?

Multi-user access to a large database. And had a great mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Couldn't tell when you updated a contact's info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep working on the iOS integration. I am doing more and more work mobile and need seamless use through Outlook, Mail, and the rest of my iPhone.

I realized that I could share info across teams better.

Highrise review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Very functional, easy to train"

What do you like best?

- how simple the layout of everything is, easy to pick up on, no clutter.

- the detail that you can add on each company/individual

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a dashboard area that outlines current activity and or conversations between the users. It would really help to go that extra step to communicate between teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The functionality really promotes keeping complex an area project management that could be time consuming quite simple and easy to navigate. It is easy to train staff in this program, and it is clear what the upkeep requirements are for each user using the tool.

organisation, project management baselines, communication, consistency

Highrise review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Great for tracking projects"

What do you like best?

The Basecamp2 feature is excellent for managing projects and collaborating in real time. Highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

We have also used Highrise to track information on clients, this has not been as comprehensive as we need so I now use a different CRM to solve that problem. i use Highrise/Basecamp for project management

I love this for managing and collaborating on projects.

Highrise review by Mark C.
Mark C.

"Very Basic Contact Management - Not for Pros"

What do you like best?

I like the distraction free interface, easy to add a contact and manage tasks. Good for a start up business with less contacts and tasks.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the fact that migration to a new platform is a pain. Since my company grown to take the next biggest step of marketing automation, we had to migrate to a bigger CRM + Automation system. Having a very tough time in bringing the contact notes as there is no simple way to export the contact notes. The only export option they have it that each contact note will be saved as n txt file. Imagine if your company had 20K contacts and the number of notes in text format this generates. So - migrating with all these notes is still a pain. Have reached out to support and they coudnt help to export the notes to a CSV.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a start up, this is a good try. Please consider the fact that export does not means you can export all - deals, contacts, notes in one CSV. It will all be in parts. So migration will be tough 100%

As a start up, this is a cost effective solution. Highrise shake hand with almost all popular 3rd party contact tools.

Highrise review by Sean W.
Sean W.

"Highrise runs our agency"

What do you like best?

We've been using Highrise for 5+ years. It's no exaggeration to call it our employee of the months for 60 months in a row. It's really easy to use, easy to customize, and fast. Over the past two years we've used a lot of APIs to mix in other web-based programs.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas of customization related to exporting and printing notes (a major issue for our field) that could be better. But for the cost, boy is it efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There have been significant changes since 37signals farmed out Highrise, however, most of the changes have been positive that we've observed.

The major problem was how our case managers can: easily record their activities with client such that others could view their narrative; and tracking addresses phone numbers and other demographics AND doing so in a web based manner.

Highrise review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Clean look but limited"

What do you like best?

I like the overall UI. It's clean and I appreciate flatndesign. It's easy to maneuver through and doesn't offer too many options.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it's more of a project management system than a crm. If you have a larger group to work with and multiple projects, this is a great company to utilize. The software is meant for keeping lots of projects organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do as. I have as you can during the trial. If you don't find yourself using the software as much as you througt, continue your search.

I work with several clients but small projects. Something that doesn't require a lot of delegation with my small team. The software would work better if my projects were larger and I had more employees.

Highrise review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Quite good."

What do you like best?

It's Simplicity and the fact that it allows me to group contacts using tags in unlimited way.

What do you dislike?

Complicated ways of exporting data. And fact that making a complicated filtering is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it if you need a simple tool to manage your customers and partners. It's really easy one. Very recommended if you need a tool set up blazing fast and with a long term goal.

I'm able to track emails flow from my Customer Service and all contacts with them.

Highrise review by Taylor D.
Taylor D.

"So easy and helpful!"

What do you like best?

Its so easy to use, suoer helpful for sharing info among teammates and the email integration with outlook is a game changer

What do you dislike?

Sometimes requirea a lot of manual entry for client info

Recommendations to others considering the product

So simple and easy to use!

Sharing of info among teammates and more cohesive communication

Highrise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Decent CRM System"

What do you like best?

Highrise is a great CRM tool for businesses that want to track customers, prospective customers, notes and orders. It's easy to use and you can track your sales team's activities.

What do you dislike?

Highrise's lack of extensive features and customer support leaves much to be desired, but at it's core, it's a great CRM tool and I'm excited to see how they continue to develop it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time getting to know the software. Import your customer and prospective customers CSV files and add unique identifier tabs for groups of customers for effective segmentation.

Tracking sales notes and prospects in an efficient and cost-effective manner was a problem that was noticed and resolved with Highrise.

Highrise review by Marie M.
Marie M.

"I'm satisfied with Highrise"

What do you like best?

Everything is easily organized and user friendly. I like that I can quickly look up contacts that I've since forgotten about and reference notes about our most recent interaction.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could sync Highrise with my Outlook email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! Highly recommend.

Business problems solved - keeping in close contact with sales leads. Benefits - everything in the organiztion is kept in the loop and current.

Highrise review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"CRM "

What do you like best?

It's nice to see all of the latest activities on the main page and I can quickly see who has accessed what accounts - repeat task reminders is nice

What do you dislike?

There is no calendar within the site. Controls are not very intuitive and I feel like I have to click down through several layers to get any info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look around - I think it's a good program if you just want a bare bones reminder system but it's not a more comprehensive CRM.

To me, this is just a glorified contact book - it doesn't really have enough meat in it for me to be a full CRM solution. Tracking is difficult, etc.

Highrise review by Taylor R.
Taylor R.

"Great Basic CRM"

What do you like best?

Cheaper cost compared to more complex CRM systems. Great for a smaller company with more basic needs.

What do you dislike?

The product isn't as customizable compared to Salesforce and other more expansive CRM products.

Sharing customer information with the team. Such as logging calls, updating customer information, and sharing the current relationship status of the customer.

Highrise review by Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.

"Good, but not great"

What do you like best?

Set up was easy, familiar with 37 signals products

What do you dislike?

Ease of use isn't that great. Cumbersome at times. Not that flexible.

CRM database. Fan club housing. Keeping data in one place vs. many.

Highrise review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Fantastic CRM, Makes My Life So Much Easier!!!"

What do you like best?

I love how well it organizes my contacts and I can seamlessly save all email correspondence. I also love the task scheduler, it keeps me productive and ensures I don't forget about anyone or anything.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes it will be offline for no reason or won't save an email. Also, it sometimes creates duplicate records.

Making sure clients don't slip through the cracks and when contracts are up for renewal I set a task to reach out.

Highrise review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent CRM"

What do you like best?

The ability to set tasks for myself and others on my team. I also like that recurring tasks are available.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Highrise integrated with Slack and/or Asana as well.

Highrise keeps us organized, our client notes and projects in one place.

Highrise review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Super simple CRM - like an online little black book."

What do you like best?

I love that they have a free plan - I use only a few features of Highrise --- really it's like a notebook for each client with all their contact and billing details. That's the extent to which I use it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the task feature is really limited (it's why I use Basecamp for PM now) - but I also think HR was never supposed to be a PM application. So they are forgiven for that!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely simple CRM - perfect for you if you're new to CRM and want something easy to track leads and store customer information.

I'm more paperless because all my details for clients are electronically stored there. :)

Highrise review by Consultant

"Client management made easy"

What do you like best?

Am able to create a client file that is integrated with my Gmail and Google calendar. I review client files before meetings... able to remember their kids's names this way.

What do you dislike?

Can be bundled with Basecamp, making project management with clients very easy.

Managing contact lists

Highrise review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Good for small business "

What do you like best?

Ease of use - emailing a secure address to have your correspondence associated with a person, company and deal all at the same time is very useful.

What do you dislike?

Lack of reporting features makes keeping track of pipeline and sales performance basic at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for businesses getting started with expanding teams. Easier to implement than other CRMs.

Enabled better communication through an expanding team. Easy to keep track of ongoing client dialog.

Highrise review by User in Financial Services

"So far the poorest CRM I have ever used"

What do you like best?

.. the list of problems with this CRM is faar too long and would just take too much of my time to list here...

In last 15 yrs. I have used several cloud based and local installation CRM systems and HR wins hands down the trophy of poorest CRM ever!

Can you Imagine one cannot even search database with company name! I mean how useless can CRM be... ? LOL Who ever designed this platform has made no sales calls or atleast have no idea what CRM should be able to do to be or any use!

I think only positive thing is that it is quite cheap, well would not subscribe to it even if it was free, save yourself from high blood preassu and stree and move on... HR is not worth another second of anyone's attention!

What do you dislike?

Almost everything, no time to lista all cons.

Note to HR development team: Please contact if you're interested making this platform useful... LOL

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time! Useless CRM platform.

Benefit: Have not noticed any other than possibly low price...?

Highrise review by Mikal B.
Mikal B.

"Highrise is no more."

What do you like best?

It was a great platform but it's closed to new users.

What do you dislike?

That it's closed to new users; it's not available anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a different product.

Easy to manage contacts.

Highrise review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Most incredible CRM tool I've seen and worked with. "

What do you like best?

the user interface is very pleasing to the user.

What do you dislike?

Need additional reports and search capabilities in files stored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Additional reporting more custom fields on other pages. Search documents and search notes by date or by filters

Manage contacts and opportunities. Also, manage the connection between client and consultant.

Highrise review by Zach T.
Zach T.

"High Rise"

What do you like best?

It's really inexpensive for a CRM. We've realized the ability to tag folks we come in contact with and rate their engagement with our office via our homemade scale.

What do you dislike?

It has almost no support, and was quite hard to integrate.

We've realized the ability to tag folks we come in contact with and rate their engagement with our office via our homemade scale. This helps us make connections that can solidify and improve engagement while honestly not bothering/pestering people who aren't engaged with what we do.

Highrise review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Decent product...could have better integration features/search"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use right off the bat and I don't think it's hard for new users to jump into.

What do you dislike?

The search is very finnicky. If you put "The Name of the thing" vs. "The Name of the Thing( TNOTT)" or in any way mess up the typing it will not find the item you're attempting to find. Also the csv files that it pulls are often incorrect or misaligned.

Reporting for client touches with a small team managing an enterprise social media tool.

Highrise review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"Highrise review "

What do you like best?

Great project tool for groups to use who work remotely for sharing contacts, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I have found to date that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use if the team is based in a working remote environment.

Contact management

Highrise review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"A good simple CRM for very small companies, but doesn't do much for support"

What do you like best?

The feed is a great idea adopted by many other CRM companies. The last few edits, comments, emails for any contact or company is shown up front.

What do you dislike?

Very inadequate case support, no reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highrise is no longer owned or supported by 37signals. It is possible that the product will not enjoy major upgrades in the future depending on what happens in 2015 and beyond. Read this: http://blog.highrisehq.com/post/97143153266/highrise-announcements-gmail-forwards-sent-emails

Helping customers track customer leads.

Highrise review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"me and highrise"

What do you like best?

it robustness, ability to have sizable database

What do you dislike?

The search function really bad, too many irrelevant names

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask for training

email campaigns

Highrise review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Highrise review"

What do you like best?

A very basic CRM lead management tool. It's very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

The iOS app was way outdated, and it did not have enough features to benefit my freelance business. Found that there were much better apps available on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vipor CRM, or Basecamp

Trying to keep track of clients and general information about meetings with them.

Highrise review by Barry K.
Barry K.

"Not a great fan!"

What do you like best?

The process is relatively easy, but very clunky.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the steps involved in posting a client's email into Hi Rise. You're too busy trying to copy, paste and add specific information. If you don't get it right, you have to do it all over again. Not worth the effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might work for you, but I suggest you shop around first.

It does help me to keep track of client interactions, but not as well as other providers.

Highrise review by User in Computer Software

"Good 6 years ago. Technology not updated."

What do you like best?

It worked for our purposes and was forward thinking when we started.

What do you dislike?

Didn't grow with us or reach out to us with new features.

Sales contacts

Highrise review by Tristan M.
Tristan M.

"Process was too heavy. "

What do you like best?

Feature Rich. Nice User Interface, cloud based.

What do you dislike?

Process was convoluted and too time consuming. UX was pretty average but didn't really show itself until the honeymoon period had worn off. We are a small web dev company and it should have been perfect but after 5 months we scraped it and went and built our own application that was lighter, faster and gave us better business visibility (and also handled more of our business but without the software bloat).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highrise wasn't for us but it will work for a lot of organisations. It wasn't until we were using the product for some time that we really got to know it and the problems for us became apparent. Do your research before signing up to it, it's got a lot of promise and a lot of people use it but again...it's not for everyone. We needed to move fast and have an application that assisted with other areas of the business and Highrise wasn't that product.

Simple CRM and pipeline management. Haven't realised any benefits as we have moved away from the product.

Highrise review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

extremely user friendly interface, very easy to use

What do you dislike?

don't dislike anything. works well, less functions than a sales force but does the job for what we need it for.

sales; very easy to use to create and maintain sales database.

Highrise review by Anna L.
Anna L.

"Great for Simple Things"

What do you like best?

Very Straight forward for contacts and accounts.

What do you dislike?

Cases are a bit disorganized and are difficult to migrate to a new system when the company grows.

Track all those people you meet for business development.

Highrise review by User

"Highrise the ultimate experience "

What do you like best?

It compounded all notes and contacts and emails into one location.

What do you dislike?

If you didn’t click a certain button, all the previous emails would not show.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

For selling purposes it compiled a lot of information into one space.

Highrise review by User

"Love using Highrise!"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, easy-to-use features like tagging and works with Zapier.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike so far. Why are you making me enter what I don't like lol

Contact management, automatic entries via Zapier. Easy importing and exporting.

Highrise review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product with easy userface"

What do you like best?

It has such a wide variety of features to help streamline activities, projects, communication, etc.

What do you dislike?

It would be cool to have an instant chat feature

We have a Board of Directors, so since everyone works at different companies, this helps keep everyone on track and in sync.

Highrise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simple CRM to manage leads "

What do you like best?

Good for startup business with less complex flow and easy navigation, you can find the information easily as well you can track the lead easily too !!

What do you dislike?

Exporting the leads as well migrating to new platform will be pain, once you grownup and require better crm

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for startup with less amount of leads and client, around 5000-10000

lead managment, client followup, sales and marketing

Highrise review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Just awful"

What do you like best?

It's bright and has a recently viewed screen

What do you dislike?

Everything else. It's got a terrible layout for adding information, the search function takes you to the wrong place on a regular basis, data is messy, and the whole concept of "tags" is impractical and so prone to error. Multiple users in an organization can also cause great havoc, even when they're trying to keep similar language/practices.

We need a CRM for sales/clients. Haven't seen many benefits other than having a glorified phonebook.

Highrise review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Full featured and straight forward "

What do you like best?

No frills but great for basic notes and reminders

What do you dislike?

Very few 3rd party api integrations are not terribly robust

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s inexpensive and fine for small teams

Basic sales tasks and notetaking on customer interactions

Highrise review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"HighRise Benefits"

What do you like best?

I love the email reminders letting me know what I need to do on any given day.

What do you dislike?

That the free version is limited in its number of contacts.

Collections follow ups.

Highrise review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Efficient software "

What do you like best?

I like the layout of the software and the ease to modify it to your company’s needs.

What do you dislike?

Glitches that sometimes don’t make contacts show

We use it to keep track of cases.

Highrise review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"I use Highrise to manage the contacts and entrepreneurs at a venture capital firm."

What do you like best?

It's a very intuitive application that can do just about anything you think it should be able to do. It's easy to import and export contacts. It's easy to create customizable fields for contact and companies. They also have a great application for the iPhone that allows you to view contacts from your Highrise account when you are on the go. The benefits it offers far outweigh the monthly cost of $50 for a user base of 6 individuals.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app is a little too slow on the iPhone if you have a lot of contacts. We have over 6,000, so it's not as nimble as you'd want it to be. Other than that, it works like magic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrates with other 37Signals products. Worth the money. Made by smart people who care about their customers. EXCELLENT customer service. Got personal responses to emails I sent.

Highrise review by Dmitry L.
Dmitry L.

"Everyday's use as a light customer management platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to track all clients histories and keep their contacts in the same place. Easy to find something connected with a particular customer and assign a ticket to a sales manager.

What do you dislike?

It's impossible to restore the deleted task that was assigned to a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It fits ideally for the small and medium business from the IT.

Keep all customers (prospective and existing ) in the same place

Highrise review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Good basic contact manager"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, configure, and get adopted within an organization. The email integration is great and works as expected.

What do you dislike?

Lack of reporting and true pipeline management for sales restricts our ability to grow with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product if you just need basic contact tracking. If you're looking for a real deal management system for sales, this isn't for you.

There is a great ecosystem of partners that can address many other needs and integrate into Highrise. We use TeamSupport for our customer support and have a tight integration between the two products that lets the sales team be aware of any issues when they are just logged into Highrise.

Highrise review by Callistus P.
Callistus P.

"Good for startsups to mid size companies"

What do you like best?

Easy to start with and can arrange your files efficiently. no VPN !

What do you dislike?

Could have made a better UI. Currently it looks too stale

Trying to keep all project docs etc in one place.

Highrise review by Francis P.
Francis P.

"Its a good basic simple CRM solution but is hard to scale and you'll end up wanting to migrate out."

What do you like best?

Its does the job if your a small company starting out in CRM but its hard to scale and you will end up looking to move to something else when you grow which may not necessarily be a bad thing.

What do you dislike?

Its basic and after a couple of sales reps your looking for something with better reporting and is difficult to scale. For what you get its cost is high when you consider other CRMs at the same scale (Zoho, SugarCRM).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate a couple of alternatives before choosing Highrise. ZohoCRM is free for 3 users (at time of writing) and has a similar data structure to Salesforce if you think you may need to migrate late on (Highrise is free for 2 users but you can't upload files/attachments). Also one to consider may SugarCRM or even the free community edition og SugarCRM (but requires installing). If you do go with any of these small CRM tools make sure you can export all the data you put in so that if you do want to move to another solution you can migrate your data. You don't want to be locked in!

Highrise review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Highrise Review"

What do you like best?

lets you start free so you can try it out and get a feel for it before you buy, 37 Signals is behind it so you know it has to be good.

What do you dislike?

no complaints

Highrise review by Erich R.
Erich R.

"Solid, Simple CRM"

What do you like best?

I think this is a very solid, elegant CRM for very small teams and small businesses that intend to stay that way. It's great for managing many of the things you would expect, Contacts, Accounts, Deals, etc, but there are similarly priced tools that scale much more effectively.

What do you dislike?

The problem with this system is that once your business scales beyond a small number of sales reps, you will lose the ability to use more robust systems with advanced eco systems like Force.com. In addition, pricing for the low end verison of this tool is very competitive even with Salesforce, which I consider one of the premium tools in the CRM market. It's really hard to justify the expense of this product when there are far more scalable systems out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ask yourself how much you intend to expand in the next 5 years. If you intended to have less than 20 or 40 reps or people involved in the Sales process this may be a good solution for you, but if you want a system that could take you from zero to infinity you might want to consider the bigger players (Microsoft, Oracle, or SFDC)

Highrise review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"email dropboxes are helpful, but lead tracking does not scale or adapt to my behavior"

What do you like best?

Email dropboxes help keep track of correspondence with all clients/contacts

What do you dislike?

I find myself going back to spreadsheets and other simple tools for leads tracking because Highrise is just too clunky and does not stay top of mind for me. Also don't like the fact I can't get my data out in any open way if I want to transition to a new tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good if you want something bare bones, but not necessarily worth the effort over simply using spreadsheets and existing contact software.

Highrise review by Cole M.
Cole M.

"Simple, Easy, and pretty complete CRM"

What do you like best?

The interface is great. Simple to use. You can invite clients to work with you so everyone is on the same page.

What do you dislike?

A bit pricey for the features! Their website could use more details on features or a nice video intro explaining a bit more (That's not a usability issue). Could use better calendar features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. This is really powerful when working in teams. 1-3 man teams aren't really cost effective for this. Really useful when 5+ members working remotely.

Learning about Highrise?

* We monitor all Highrise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.