Hightail

Share files, collect feedback and take your creative projects from concept to completion at www.hightail.com.

Work for Hightail?

Learning about Hightail?

Hightail Reviews

Showing 546 Hightail reviews
Hightail review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Hightail is amazing!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hightail
Hightail review by Daniel Shatzkes CEO  M.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO M.

"Hightail is super easy to use and works great"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the express app automatically sends from my email address so people know who its coming from. I also like the ability to send both individual files or folders, as well as password protect the download. You can also put a time limit on the download to make sure that users cannot download your files after a certain amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The last time I had to download the updated app on my mac it was not so intuitive as to where the link for the download was. Other than that, I have yet to find any features that I wish I could find within Hightail. There are other competitors (like WeTransfer) but I still prefer using Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sending large files that cannot be traditionally attached in emails, Hightail is great. They also have project management and collaboration tools that seem to be great however I have yet to use them. I highly recommend trying out and making use of thee features. If they are as good as the file transfer features, then I'm sure they're fantastic.

I use Hightail to send all of my large files that clients need from me. It's easily accessible, allows me to send a message along with the download link and I can usually get the email out within less than a minute from the moment I've begun the process. I've not yet had a file or folder that Hightail has not been able to send.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Hightail review by Zachary S.
Zachary S.

"Good online service for sending files and storing files online."

What do you like best?

Works great if you need to quickly send files to a colleague. Easy drag and drop features. Also nice knowing your important files are backed up somewhere if you need to access them. Nice to be albe to organize projects.

What do you dislike?

Don't like that you have to create an account in order to use. In order for files to not expire, they must be downloaded within a certain time. I have also had problems finding some files that were uploaded by a coworker without a direct link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using hightail if you are someone who frequently needs to send larger files to people.

I work remotely so hightail is a nice feature to be able to share larger files that can't be sent via email. My co-workers also use hightail and have no problems sending and receiving files. It's be a great feature to be able to create spaces and share those with fellow coworkers to download files. Makes it easy to organize projects.

Hightail review by Jenetta H.
Jenetta H.

"Hightail is a great way to send large files"

What do you like best?

It's a no problem way to send a large file. You can save your files if you need them later on

What do you dislike?

It doesn't store your files like it used to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rad before you click. Its a pretty good site and lets you send to one email or a few. It also lets you send a few files at a time. I have been using it for years and it's a really reliable way to send files. One hitch is sometimes you have to be careful how you sign on and you need to look for the correct buttons but once you are in you can save your work to spaces for future forwarding to various people. There is a save box but I still haven't worked out he best way to use. it. All in all though its a good site to send important info.

Getting files faster and better to my clients

Hightail review by Jennie R.
Jennie R.

"Great file sharing that has gotten lost in other features"

What do you like best?

I initially purchased Hightail to send large video files to clients. At the time, it was called YouSendIt. Then they changed to Hightail and added Spaces and folders. Now they are changing again. I still use it for my basic file transfers, and occasionally a client will leave notes for me within the Hightail interface. I think its pretty simple to use and straightforward, which I like. I also like that if I set it up for them, clients can download their files unlimited times as long as I keep the service.

What do you dislike?

Its a good program, but their customer support is really slow to respond and I more often then not feel like I get half an answer and need to email them again and wait a week for a response. Now with them changing formats/names again, I feel like the file transfer part of their service is getting a little lost. I have started using other methods for sharing files, and am not sure I'll continue with Hightail. However, since I have sent so many files to clients, and they sometimes go back to download a project again, I feel somewhat stuck continuing with the service, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still use Hightail, but I have gotten a Dropbox Pro account and find at least for my needs (mostly sharing large files) that it works just as well if not better. However, because Hightail has copies of everything I have ever sent, I will probably keep it at least for now, since clients will still download old projects occasionally and I want them to be able to have that access.

Sending large video files. Biggest benefit - clients have access to download their files over and over again for as long as I keep the service. I can also go back and find/download a file I may have discarded from years past.

Hightail review by Amélie B.
Amélie B.

"Es braucht Verbesserung"

What do you like best?

Was ich an Hightail mag, ist, dass ich Dateien mit so viel Leichtigkeit übertragen kann. Ich mag auch die Sicherheit, die diese Software bietet, denn wir sorgen uns nie darum, dass unsere Dateien verloren gehen oder verloren gehen. Es hilft mir, alles organisiert zu halten und zu verfolgen, wie viele Leute die Dateien heruntergeladen haben, und es lässt mich den Verlauf der hochgeladenen Dateien sehen.

What do you dislike?

Es gibt eine Menge Dinge, die ich an Hightail nicht mag:

-Pricing und begrenzte Features: Ich denke, dass die Preise im Vergleich zu anderen Software wirklich hoch sind. Die kostenlose Version dieser Software hat so viele begrenzte Funktionen, dass es fast unmöglich ist, sie in einem Unternehmen zu verwenden. Ich mag es nicht, dass Sie auch für die Sicherheit des Passworts zahlen müssen, wenn es andere Software gibt, die das tun würde, ohne Ihnen mehr zu zahlen.

-Desktop und mobile Apps: Sie müssen zwei Desktop-Apps herunterladen, um alles von Hightail zu genießen und die mobile App funktioniert gut, aber es hat immer noch einige Grenzen, wie Sie die gespeicherten Dateien nicht sehen können. Außerdem unterstützt die mobile App nicht viele Dateien.

-Design: Ich mag die Farben dieser Software nicht, weil es meiner Meinung nach eine schlechte Kombination ist. Es wird mich nicht fokussieren lassen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde diese Software jedem empfehlen, der einfache Dateien übertragen möchte.

Wir verwenden Hightail, um Dateien an unsere Mitarbeiter und Kunden zu senden, und es war bisher eine großartige Erfahrung.

Hightail review by Chrissy I.
Chrissy I.

"Basic, user-friendly way to send large files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is my go-to platform for quickly and easily sharing photo, video, and PowerPoint files with external clients and partners. You can drag files from your desktop, or upload them from various other platforms. You can quickly add email address, subject line and optional message, and you're on your way. Or, if you need data encryption, there are extra steps you can take to ensure your files are secure.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the business upgrade... we paid for it for a while, but didn't see enough benefit for our team's uses to justify the additional fee. Since we aren't sending huge files regularly, the standard version works for us pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone needing a quick and easy way to share files that are too large to send via email. I prefer using Hightail to cloud-sharing, because I think it's more secure, and it's easier for the recipient to download.

Hightail gives our team a secure way to share large files, without having to mail or drop off thumb drives, or resort to other, less secure measures of file sharing. It's reliable and user-friendly so it's a huge productivity win for our team.

Hightail review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

I love hightail because first, it's free. Without it I would not be able to send HI-RES, huge 30MB+ files to clients and customers. As a company we have sent out our catalogs - which run anywhere from 1GB to 3GB and hightail handles it all. It's also great since it's free, customers can sign up for an account very easily to send files back and forth. It's a very simple process which makes it ideal in the work place.

What do you dislike?

We have some older computers in our office that run on back models of Windows and Apple, and unfrotunately Hightail just updated so you can no longer use the program on any old version of those platforms. Luckily, you can always use the website but there was something great about being able to use the program straight from the desktop.

Able to share a lot more without any headache or fuss to our clients, and doesn't cost us anything. Helps keep us on budget.

Hightail review by Natalia P.
Natalia P.

"Safe and simple file sharing/team collaboration service with a powerful user interface"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, one of the best things Hightail offers is its wide variety of security features. Knowing that I can save my important documents and files on Hightail and not worry about security issues is a huge thing for me. Also, I love how Hightail simplifies the whole file-syncing process, due to the fact that I use it on diferent platforms. However, my favorite thing about this service is its unlimited storage because I can save everything I use at work and not worry about storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike about Hightail, but one thing that comes to my mind is its customer support. I've had some minor issues while saving certain types of files and I had a hard time trying to contact Hightail's Customer Support by phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep your spaces organized because after you save hundreds of files on Hightail, it can get quite hard to find what you need if these documents aren't organized.

With Hightail I am able to save and share with my coworkers all of the spreadsheets that I use at work so that we are able to continue sharing ideas and debate new comercial strategies even when we are not in the office.

Hightail review by William B.
William B.

"Great for sending files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a simple software but at the same time offers a lot of features. It's great to send my files to my coworkers or clients and I think it's in a more private way. With Hightail we don't worry about security issues since we know that this software is safe. Also, we can add passwords to the files.

What do you dislike?

I think it has a high price compared to others softwares but it does its job so it's okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reason why I recommend this is because I've never had any security issues with it before and it works fine.

We use it to send large files and it is more effective with this software because it's faster, the collaboration is great and better.

Hightail review by Jim P.
Jim P.

"Should offer more features, like Box or Dropbox"

What do you like best?

For me it serves the purpose of transferring video files to certain clients who will not use Dropbox or Box. This suggests to me that Hightail has better security than Dropbox or Box, but I have not had a problem with either of those.

What do you dislike?

I think Hightail has cloud storage of files, but it's difficult to tell how to use it. There seem to be many other features but they seem difficult to understand. My business is basically a one-man band so I don't think I need the various team features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The default for file storage expiration is only 7 days. Be sure to extend that if you want the files retained longer.

I need to use Hightail to transfer files to certain clients who will not use Box, etc. So they must feel that Hightail has superior security.

Hightail review by Joseph P.
Joseph P.

"Eliminate the Hassle of FTP"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy for all of our employees to share large assets beyond our network. Any user, technically inclined or otherwise, can quickly and easily upload files and share them with contacts right from their browser. No client software, no credential or permissions issues, no protocol problems, just drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

We're not using some of the new workflow features, so they add some complexity to the interface without adding value for our team. Hightail is blocked by some corporate clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is hard to beat for the money. Very low cost for unlimited storage. Not constantly having to worry about capacity issues and file expirations is huge. Recipient tracking and notifications are great for peace of mind. We do typically copy the link and send in the body of a personal email rather than sending messages to clients directly through Hightail's interface. This avoids some issues that we experienced early on with some servers spam filtering the notifications or users deleting the messages without realizing they were from us.

We routinely had to assist both internal and external constituents with FTP related issues. We have dramatically reduced dependence on IT for assistance with sending large files. For a small team, that's a big win.

Hightail review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"My favorite software"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

be wary of customer service.

Hightail review by Jeffrey K.
Jeffrey K.

"Good for sending recieving large video files!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to send files with hightail - when clients request their own copies of videos we've made, it is easy to upload to hightail and send over to them. Also, its nice that the links can time out so the file isn't living online forever.

What do you dislike?

I've only used hightail for file sharing, and there is nothing to dislike about it. Does the exact job it is supposed to do, and does it well. There's not really anything i would change, or anything I have a problem with!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good solution for sending large files, works great!

We create videos - sometimes we need to send these videos in high resolution to people outside of our company so they can download. Hightail makes it easy for us to send, them to download, and then make it so the file isn't living online forever.Fast, easy service that makes file transfers easy for everyone!

Hightail review by Jorden B.
Jorden B.

"Hightail (Formerly YouSendIt) Has Nice Features Despite a Saturated Market"

What do you like best?

The collaboration side of the service Hightail provides is great for small agencies or freelancers who are looking to streamline their review, revision and approval process. While Hightail provides many of the same services as larger competitors, it has always been a dependable file sharing and collaboration tool.

What do you dislike?

The competition is steep, and generally does more overall. While the file sharing is great, security is pretty sound and collaborative tools fill a specific need, we often finding ourselves using bigger services like DropBox, Google Drive or Microsoft SharePoint simply because they offer the same services Hightail does, but integrate with far more of our other necessary business tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More integrations for popular collaboration tools – e.g. Hipchat, Slack, IFTTT, etc. Competitors offer these and they help greatly in collaborative efforts.

Sharing large documents (.TIF files, 4k Video, etc.) that designers rely upon is easy as ever with hightail, and the UI is friendly enough that even novice users can manage without issues. It's a solid choice for file sharing.

Hightail review by Jonathan F.
Jonathan F.

"Fairly Simple to use"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to upload documents in bulk. Files can be shared back and forth very easily with little management needed. You are able to view documents online without having to download and can even comment in sections where needed.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that, for some reason, I have difficulty signing on sometimes and saving the link to my favorites bar (to work correctly). I believe this to be more of a user error than problem with the product.

We use it for supplying technical documents to a special technical document writer. Our contractor is offsite and this allows us to quickly have documents updated and allows us to transfer different file types that we need. Many of our files go from pdf to InDesign and it allows us to transfer full folders to keep InDesign documents intact.

Hightail review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Hightail is GREAT!..."

What do you like best?

This is a WONDERFUL service for delivering large files...Email systems sometimes 'choke' on files over ten megabytes, depending on the ISP. Hightail is the perfect solution to send them with.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Hightail...It's quick and easy to use and is JUST the thing for sending files that are too large to be sent by email...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ALWAYS recommend Hightail to everyone needing to send large files that are too large to send by email...

I use Hightail to send large files, usually photographs, to clients and friends...it's easy to use and stores your files as well...and even better, it notifies you and the recipient when the files are delivered.

Hightail review by Rob S.
Rob S.

"Easy to use, but very slow upload & slow support response"

What do you like best?

It's easy to send files and view an audit trail of receipt/download, etc.

What do you dislike?

The upload speed has become atrocious. It also took 3 attempts to contact support before receiving a reply that they even received my inquiry. Attempt one was by phone, and I left a message with my contact info. Attempt two was by website to their "sales" division. Attempt 3 was via the support email on their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If upload speed is a factor, look elsewhere.

We use HighTail to send legal documents to opposing counsel, experts and other non-partner entities. We began using HighTail when it was YouSendIt because it was fast and economical. However, it has become very, very slow on uploads and the cost per seat is twice what we pay for Dropbox.

Hightail review by Natoya C.
Natoya C.

"Hightail for faster transfers"

What do you like best?

the ability to share large files with a single person or multiple people. I also love that easily drag and drop files on the website. The ability to organize the files by project is a true benefits barbecue I am able to limit access.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot that I dislike, however I do wish the filing process was easier. Uploads and sharing are my main functions and in respect to those capabilities I have no complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

File sharing has become simplified without being rejected my server for being too large. I also have to ability to set perimeters and security setting for the document being shared

Hightail review by User

"hightail it to hightail for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy to bundle document handoff and delivery with easy storing and synchronization and makes it way easy to do team collaboration. We use it for videos and documents when we share as a team across locations. It's nice to be able to audit and see where changes occured and it's valuable to know who' is touching what, when. It's nice to be able to have a platform for all types of documents, not just word but pDF or video files adn photos.

What do you dislike?

Price is restrictive for some and for those who use outside the office, it can be challenging to get support if you don't pay for the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Might want try it and also Dropbox or WeTransfer as well, depending upon your needs. We use all three.

Team collaboration acorss the miles. Sometimes it becomes challenging and I just stick to Dropbox or a file server.

Hightail review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"Work with China? One of the few ways to share massive files."

What do you like best?

Works in China!

Tons of data. No expiration. Good price. Good software. Good service. And Good speed. Massive 25GB send limit. It's an overall great value.

Oddly can't find any alternatives, yet. There are so many walls with other services.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't really know. I only use this to share files. I don't use the collaboration software. :/

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's probably really good regardless of what country. Dropbox is lame because it uses people's quotas, so forget it if a client doesn't have a paid account. Google drive has lame limits. And WeTransfer expires.

Needed to send and share large design files to China. We tried many things, including setting up our own servers. This is just easy.

Hightail review by Eduardo M.
Eduardo M.

"A decent trasnfer program with some flaws"

What do you like best?

Hightail offers a good amount of different security tools to help the user have a safe experience while transfering documents and files. The interface is quite simple and straightforward, with easy to use tools and informative notifications. It normally works quickly and effectively without bugging and glitching to much.

What do you dislike?

One of its main flaws is the fact that it does not support many common file types, limiting the user experience to a certain range of files. Also, the log-in process can be quite frustrating if the user isn't accustomed with it. Finally, another problem with hightail is that when using Hightail, you can't view a file before downloading it, which is quite useful when you are not sure if you really need to save that file.

Hightail was helpful when I needed to transfer microsoft word and excel documents to my clients and co-wrokers. I found out that Hightail can really save up my time and make things a lot easier when communicating important information with other people.

Hightail review by Administrator

"Useful if you know the tools"

What do you like best?

I like using hightail to send large files that cannot be sent over email, however it took me a while to learn and navigate. I think that if they had better tutorials set up you would easily be able to use it and make the best use for you or your company

What do you dislike?

Not enough explanation of setting up files, and getting started. Took me a little trial and error to figure it out.

The most useful tool of hightail is being able to send larger files through this program and have them all in one file for you and the receiver to see. It is similar to dropbox but you can invite specific ppl only to view your file and they stay in organized folders that make it clear to find.

Hightail review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Hightail file transfer"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and there's a free option if your file is under a particular MB size. It's saved me a lot of time and hassles. Plus I can walk a client through using it versus meeting up with them to get a disc or flash drive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the max file size is 250 MB. I believe when I first started using the program it was only 50 MB though, so this is an improvement. Although, I'm a graphic designer, so often times my files exceed this size amount. I also dislike that I can't drag and drop a folder to the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the program. It's easy to use. I have a client that got the paid version because the files they send me often exceed the max MB size. I've taught very computer challenged individuals how to use this program successfully, so that's definitely a positive thing.

Before I found programs like Hightail and We Transfer, I would zip my file and upload it to my website and send my client or the printing company a link to download the zipped file. Or I would have to burn the files to a disc or put them on a flash drive. Hightail saves me time and steps. It also keeps my files more secure because anyone could've discovered and gained access to my uploaded website file. And it saves me the expense of discs and flash drives that often would disappear with my project. Hightail also notifies me when files are uploaded and when the client has downloaded it. I like this so I know the customer received it and I can follow up appropriately. It also makes my life easier when there's changes or an image or font isn't working correctly and I need to resend a component. The customer or vendor can see the file and immediately let me know if there are issues and I can fix it and re-send in minutes versus a whole big process.

Hightail review by Christa C.
Christa C.

"Simple for my clients to use..."

What do you like best?

Hightail is a very simple way for our clients to send us concept ideas for projects. It is vitally important for us to be able to explain to our customers how to send large files since we accept work from outside of the professional design and marketing industry. Our favorite projects are the new, small start ups who may not have in house graphics or marketing yet. These clients are energized, motivated and they know what they like, but they need to be able to show us. Hightail is a brilliant service and the first of such software types that I recommend.

What do you dislike?

Many clients do not want to create an account, even though it's free! Other than that, I can't think of much to dislike about Hightail!

We've solved the problem of large image file transfer non professional artists and designers. With Hightail we can work much easier with our clients who are not versed in illustrator or other graphics programs. We can easily share proof decks, look books and custom catalogs. Hightail helps us to help our clients look good and make money!

Hightail review by Douglas A.
Douglas A.

"Hightail is a Premier File Sharing Platform"

What do you like best?

When I have a file too large or secure to send via email, Hightail is my go to answer. I love the ability to upload files, and share them with my intended customers securely and password protected. The added ability to set how long files remain available for download access is a powerful feature that I use often.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an interactive calendar made available upon login, with representations for dates files were sent, and warning indicators for expiring file dates. Some easy and intuitive calendar tool for quickly tracking activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require an easy and secure tool for sharing , protecting, and managing large files over the internet, then give Hightail a try. You'll be glad you did.

We often have large files that if sent through email, would get rejected or create problems for the recipient's email service. Hightail is the perfect solution. With just a few clicks, I can upload, and send my clients access to these huge files via down load links in an email. The upload speed is fast, and the respective emails reach my customers' inbox almost instantly. I love Hightail.

Hightail review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Best Collaboration and File Delivery System"

What do you like best?

Hightail is freaking awesome! I love that it is the most reliable service I've ever used for sending out large files and I dont have to worry about things disappearing or people moving files around like I've experienced with Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the user interface seems a little hard to navigate at first. It's not as simple as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is a great service for anyone looking to send large files to people that dont fit in an email. I really appreciate the way they've helped us build deeper connections with clients.

I work in audio, and we send very large files almost every day. This service allows us to safely deliver large files to clients as simple as an email would.

Hightail review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Decent file sharing platform"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about hightail was it's good amount of security measueres that help create a safe place to share important files and documents online. Also, Hightail's unlimited storage and bandwith is a really useful feature to have. Finally, the fact that it is a really simple to use, straightforward software creates a gentle learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Hightail has some flaws that can hinder a little bit the user's productivity. The fact that it does not show the size of a file when you are uplouding and it's poor mobile support are two things I disliked about it. In addition to that, Hightail has a limited range of files that it supports which makes working on it a little bit harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make good use of Hightail's unlimited storage and bandwith, but make sure you check the file type you want to store or share before uplouding because there are some file types that Hightail does not support.

I've used Hightail to share .xslx, .docx and .pdf about mty current project with my employees. Overall, hightail facilitated our collaboration, creating a more eficient working environment.

Hightail review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Easy to Send Files - Confusing to Download Files"

What do you like best?

Hightail easily allows me to send large files to multiple users -- it also provides timing while it is sending files so I can coordinate correspondence. While this does not seem like a big thing, when working with large files and big groups, it make it easier to let the group know when the file will be there and prevent confusion and additional emails.

What do you dislike?

When up against firewalls, it can be difficult to download the files and you need to come up with a creative work around. The email that is being delivered (to the individual receiving the file) is also not simple in saying, download me! Also, files have the tendency to go to spam depending on filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should at least give it a try -- the overall functionality of the product is wonderful, and will help make your life easier when collaborating on large scale projects with multiple people.

Hightail is incredibly beneficial for groups that know how to use the software -- I cannot explain how quickly we can move large files between each other, leave notes, and collaborate. This software has been so helpful in sending multiple large files at a time. What would have taken multiple emails over hours before can now be done in minutes.

Hightail review by Shaina S.
Shaina S.

"Hightail allows for easy transfers in a busy work environment"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple to use and it allows me to send transfers over easily. I use it when I have to send heavy files to clients. I also ask people that i work with (influencers) to send over files through Hightail when they are sending movies or high quality photos. When I need something to be sent through really quickly, I use Hightail and it's nice because it doesn't always require me to be a member. That way, I just use it when I need it for quick efficient things like sending files through.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I dislike, but the file sharing could be done a little quicker. I don't like that sometimes I have to wait minutes to send through heavy files. I wish that more people were on it so that it were more universal, but since only a few people know about it, I notice using other file transferring sites such as WeTransfer. It would be nice if there was an option to connect it to e-mail. That way, if I just connect it, it can automatically be used.

Benefits: Easy file transfers made simple to use, even for people who don't always use it.

Business problems: Not enough people on the platform. Since there aren't too many people using it, I don't stick to one file transfer site, but use a ton of alternates if need be.

Hightail review by Marissa P.
Marissa P.

"Hightail makes file sharing convenient and fast"

What do you like best?

Hightail was very quick and private. It was used for sending large photos and the links that were e-mailed to me were very easy to use. I would recommend it for small or large amounts of files. It is free to send a small amount of files.

What do you dislike?

That I did not find out about it sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very confidential and secure file sharing. Easy to use, offers options for many files or just one file.

I was able to quickly send files and photos without any hassle. I trust Hightail and believe that it is secure. I do not usually store files anywhere and believe my files are now gone from Hightail.

Hightail review by User in Higher Education

"Great Tool for File Transfers"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the program. It allows me to send as many files as I need to multiple people. Downloading is also an easy process - especially when some of the people receiving the files aren't computer savvy

What do you dislike?

Not much to say in this department. I haven't come across many issues - sometimes file uploads can be slow, but this depends on the file size and the speed of internet. The seven day download period works great for me, but this can be changed with a subscription

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program, it is becoming more popular - especially in the world of photography, since it is a simple method for delivery a large amount of photos

I use Hightail to send photos. So when I go on a photo shoot I can directly send the customers their photos via Hightail rather than messing with a disc or flash-drive. This is a much simpler and cost effective solution.

Hightail review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy peasy"

What do you like best?

The fact that file sharing is such a breeze, you do not have to use server space to keep transmitting huge files. The transmission is instant - even with heavy and multiple files! You'll have a history of what was shared on your account, and you can make notes on the transmittal, include messages, everything you would typically be able to do and more if you were simply using email. The access security tools (password, expiration options) make it safe for confidential documents to be shared over the web.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing much to dislike, but if I had to list something, it would be the reader-friendliness of the pages - small type on dark background.

We deal with a lot of presentation files and find that the optimal renditions take up quite a bit of space in our servers when we transmit via email. Sometimes they get "stuck" and then it causes a whole host of other email problems which could be quite counterproductive. Now we have a place for all of our business content to be transmitted and shared in a quick, convenient manner.

Hightail review by Orlando R.
Orlando R.

"Hightail in Exchange"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and collaboration with Microsoft Exchange. The plugin is great and it makes sending large files to individuals easy and fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are compatibility issues with the version of Microsoft Exchange the individual is using. Need to obtain the correct plugin for your version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other cloud services or FTP sites that can send large files to others as well but the integration with Microsoft Outlook is great. No other service integrates like Hightail with Outlook which is an application I use daily due to the high volume of emails I have to send. The web interface needs some work but the plugin is great and hides in the background as to not obstruct your workflow.

Sending a large file to a customer is easy with Hightail. Our server has a 10MB limit so anything over that we have issues with. Hightail allows us to solve this problem by simply sending someone a link to download.

Hightail review by Leonardo B.
Leonardo B.

"Essential software on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

It is an indispensable tool for workflow. The charging is very agile and practical. It does not use my email quota and makes it easy for me to receive files that are heavy by the client.

What do you dislike?

The only negative factor is that you can not close the window during upload. It is common among other sites that offer this type of service. If you make a mistake and close the window, you must start again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using HighTail. I find it essential software on a daily basis for sending heavy files for clients and suppliers.

Communication with the customer and agility in the workflow. I use to send heavy, often finished artwork files to clients and suppliers.

Hightail review by Niv G.
Niv G.

"Best web based platform for sending large files"

What do you like best?

Obviously the simplicity in sending large files. I'm a graphic designer and often deal with large files. Files that are too large to send through email. With only an email address, I'm able to send incredibly large files over to my clients safely and securely. Their instructional video upon entering the site is also very helpful

What do you dislike?

While there's nothing specific I dislike about hightail, I'm not looking forward to having to pay for their services when my business grows. That being said, I'm sure my files will be sent securely when that time arrives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail has my number one recommendation for sending and storing large files. It's quick, easy, and the design interface is very sleek and simple to use. I doubt anyone would have a hard time figuring out how to use this if they need its services.

I'm solving the problem of having to send significantly large files over the web. These days, I have clients that are across the country and don't have the money or resources to send unstable hard drives across the country. Hightail also does a very good job of linking whatever your sending through an email so you can add personal messages along with your files.

Hightail review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"Sending Files Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The ease at which I can send multiple large files to recipients with ease, and the ability to track these files.

What do you dislike?

Not all files are automatically saved, and although this may not be a big issue as it is more used in our company for sharing than storing, it is something to be aware of as you use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working with many files, this isn't the best solution for storing files. However, for temporary storage and sending, collaborating, and tracking there is no better solution in my book.

As a designer at a corporate company that works a lot with translations in various languages, this tool really helps solve sharing issues we've had in the past. Fast uploads for our larger files, multiple recipients, checking on status of sent files, etc. streamlines our process.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

How quick and easy it is to send large files. Great layout and easy to use. The drag and drop feature as well as tracking delivery was great for what I needed. I really appreciated the fact that files expired after a certain period of time, which added an additional layer of security. I like that a received an email confirming delivery and that files have been sent.

What do you dislike?

We used the free version so the 250mb limit was a bummer - had to swap over to Dropbox for sending larger files. Also wish under the 'send files' option I could just select to create a link to send the files without creating a space. Ended up going around this by sending files to myself then sharing the link. Also found it difficult to change the order in which files appeared for preview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great and easy to use - free version is perfect if you aren't sending huge files. Paid version pricing seems reasonable and it would be useful to have easy file sharing and collaboration all in once place, especially if you use collaboration software already.

I used it to send large pdf files to clients for approval. Clients found it easy to navigate and use. I realized that I can also use Hightail in my personal freelance business as a quick and hassle free way to send proofs and high-resolution files to my clients.

Hightail review by Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

"I'm a big fan of HighTail and this is why "

What do you like best?

You can upload very large files to HIghtail; for example, both the PDF and the original Photoshop file of a marketing brochure so the printer can make adjustments to the design if the bleeds are wrong, etc. You can also view files in HighTail and offer suggections/edits right within the Hightail space, very similar to working in Google Docs . The ability to share files with other via a direct link or a direct email from HighTail is also a nice touch. Very user friendly; I send marketing collateral and project profiles to our printer on nearly a daily basis and he has never had a problem downloading the files.

What do you dislike?

If you plan to use HighTail on a regular basis, or need to send a lot of large print files, you'll need to either do a lot of housekeeping or pay for more storage. In my experience, you run out of space pretty quickly if you don't upgrade to at least the Pro Plan ($15 a month). You can also delete individual folders (or "spaces") once they are delivered; but make sure to set-up delivery receipts so you don't accidentally delete files before the receiving party downloads them.

HighTail allows me to send large print files (marketing brochures, banners, project profiles, etc.) to our print shop quickly and we are able to communicate easily within the HighTail Space if changes need to be made to the files. The spaces let me organize files based on type or recipient. It's also so user-friendly that my very technology-impaired boss (who calls Twitter Tweet-Tweet) can access his presentations from a remote location.

Hightail review by User

"Hightail - an excellent tool for file transfer/sharing"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use, Sending large files and having the confirmation is extremely valuable in our work. The share feature we do not use as much as we could, but when I have used it I found it easy for everyone involved.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that I dislike about this platform. I have not run in to any issues with any features that we have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing different that what I already explained above.

In our field it is extremely important to be able to send large files in a timely manner. This has become our go to program for that feature. We have used other platforms, but Hightail is the easiest most reliable platform we use.

Hightail review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

I’m a choreographer so I love that it I am able to share music with my colleagues and that I am to receive Scripts and music from my director.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think that hightail is easy to use. I think that it is very complicated and not user friendly. I think that the desktop website is easier to use than the app. The app is horrible and rarely works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need actually download anything off the app, it is better to use the desktop website.

We have found a paperless way to share scripts and it’s easier to share music for our productions

Hightail review by Heidi t.
Heidi t.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

I'm a teacher and my team and I use Hightail to share large files back and forth. We are in the history dept. so you can guess our documents can get quite large! :) Having the ability to use the Hightail app is a huge lifesaver! Without we would have to always be running back into school if we forgot a document.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Hightail! I'd recommend this to anyone team that shares documents on a regular basis.

We are solving old world communication problems by skipping a trip to the printer and just sending our documents out over our phones.

Hightail review by Shoshana M.
Shoshana M.

"HIghtail is a quick and easy way to share files"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily share files and that Hightail stores my file so it is easy to send previously sent files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you need to upgrade to send large files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using Hightail now for several years. I started using it to send larger files to colleagues that I couldn't send through email because of it's size. I only use it's free tier and have been happy with it on that level.

The ability to send and share larger files quickly and easily.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

Being able to send big files to clients is an ease with this software. Majority of my job involves sending massive files to people and having a program that they trust and that we trust is a big plus. Before we used this product, it would become complicated to send large files over because we kept having to try out different platforms. Once we found Hightail, we used it for all our current and future needs. Additionally, the software is quick compared to many of its kind and is always reliable.

What do you dislike?

They recently got rid of a "send link" button. With the new update, they got rid of this feature. This is something I highly recommend they bring back as a frequent user. Also, the home screen is not as user friendly as it could be. It takes time learning to navigate the software which is something I wish would have been easier in the beginning.

We use this software to send our files over to customers. As a advertising firm, we are often shooting commercials and small videos for our clients. Rather than having to shrink them in size and send using email or another software, Hightail makes it easy because it is a guaranteed fit. We have reaped many benefits from this software including efficiency, reliability, and higher turnover rates with our clients.

Hightail review by Samantha E.
Samantha E.

"HIGHTAIL it outta here!"

What do you like best?

I like that this allows me to send ginormous photo-heavy design files here I need them to go. It has released me from physically driving a flash drive somewhere.

What do you dislike?

sometimes HT doesn't like me, I don't know why. And i'll have to send 2 more times before it goes through. maybe 2/10 times this happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

throw your biggest files at it - watch them transfer just fine.

It has freed up time: no one is driving a flash drive./hard drive to a publisher!

Hightail review by Katie Z.
Katie Z.

"Just used Hightail for the first time"

What do you like best?

I was sent higher sized files through Hightail with a client. It was really easy to message one another, transfer files, comment on the mock-ups and set up spaces for each client project. I really enjoyed the experience.

What do you dislike?

I haven't played around on it too much, but it would be nice to customize the space. It sounds dumb, but I personally prefer white-spaces and I think it looks cleaner for client proposals. Otherwise it seems to function great! Maybe a calendar hookup for due dates?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's free! The paid membership might take you further but there's no cost yet!

It's great to have a easy source to transfer files and send comments! I used to use google drive or dropbox but this looks a lot cleaner!

Hightail review by Xtophe D.
Xtophe D.

"Simple and efficient"

What do you like best?

I've used hightail for several years now, always to distribute larger document sets to mutiple receipients. Uploads are fast, distribution is transparent and controlled (if so desired) and data expires after a to be determined period, which helps with managing outdated files.

What do you dislike?

With the evolution of the platform (it was YouSendIT previously), to be able to make a better living, HIghtail has limited the free options significantly. In itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal tool to circumvent limitations imposed by mail & assure reliable delivery

Quick & easy distribution of very large files - contracts, distributables: they all get to where they need to be much faster than through email

Hightail review by Administrator in Arts and Crafts
Administrator in Arts and Crafts

"Hightail is great"

What do you like best?

Hightail is one of the best resources for file sharing and secure data validation on the internet. The different pricing options makes it a great utility from self-employed entities to a 100 person agency.

What do you dislike?

Biggest issue is the support from the company. While we've had very few issues with the actual product, we've had times where we needed to speak to a live person and frankly that has been a tall task at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it, the ease of use is fantastic

sending large files that are too big for our standard e-mails has been a huge challenge

with hightail (now spaces) we can get this done in a matter of minutes.

Hightail review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Secure and FAST way to get docs where you need them"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to scan your documents and attach them using Hightail. This is a secure way to process documents and sensitive information. Additionally, I like how easy it is to include a link to Hightail and incorporate that into your e-mails to others in order to request documentation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though the link to Hightail is present in your e-mail, it is not very attractive or easy to find if you are scanning. It would be nice for there to be a very obvious button for this purpose. This is especially useful for individuals who are not necessarily tech-savvy and are still required to use this method to send documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it first!

Securely sending inner-office documents and confidential information between departments and employees.

Hightail review by Izzy B.
Izzy B.

"hightail pso's and cons"

What do you like best?

its a click to share files and you know that people will get it and you can rely on them

What do you dislike?

we only used the free version and its only 100mb files at a time, and that's a downgrade from when it was still yousendit

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are free alternatives but with less features then the paid hightail version, like reporting and versioning that might be very important

sending large files that would otherwise not be able to send by email

Learning about Hightail?

* We monitor all Hightail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.