Hightail

(462)
4.2 out of 5 stars

Share files, collect feedback and take your creative projects from concept to completion at www.hightail.com.

Work for Hightail?
Ibmsametime teamcollab  2x

Learning about Hightail?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Find the Right Product

Hightail Reviews

Request More Information
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • User Industry
  • For Category
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
User Industry
For Category
Showing 464 Hightail reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Hightail review by <span>Jennie R.</span>
Jennie R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Great file sharing that has gotten lost in other features

What do you like best?

I initially purchased Hightail to send large video files to clients. At the time, it was called YouSendIt. Then they changed to Hightail and added Spaces and folders. Now they are changing again. I still use it for my basic file transfers, and occasionally a client will leave notes for me within the Hightail interface. I think its pretty simple to use and straightforward, which I like. I also like that if I set it up for them, clients can download their files unlimited times as long as I keep the service.

What do you dislike?

Its a good program, but their customer support is really slow to respond and I more often then not feel like I get half an answer and need to email them again and wait a week for a response. Now with them changing formats/names again, I feel like the file transfer part of their service is getting a little lost. I have started using other methods for sharing files, and am not sure I'll continue with Hightail. However, since I have sent so many files to clients, and they sometimes go back to download a project again, I feel somewhat stuck continuing with the service, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still use Hightail, but I have gotten a Dropbox Pro account and find at least for my needs (mostly sharing large files) that it works just as well if not better. However, because Hightail has copies of everything I have ever sent, I will probably keep it at least for now, since clients will still download old projects occasionally and I want them to be able to have that access.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Sending large video files. Biggest benefit - clients have access to download their files over and over again for as long as I keep the service. I can also go back and find/download a file I may have discarded from years past.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hightail
Headshots
Hightail review by <span>Amélie B.</span>
Amélie B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Es braucht Verbesserung

What do you like best?

Was ich an Hightail mag, ist, dass ich Dateien mit so viel Leichtigkeit übertragen kann. Ich mag auch die Sicherheit, die diese Software bietet, denn wir sorgen uns nie darum, dass unsere Dateien verloren gehen oder verloren gehen. Es hilft mir, alles organisiert zu halten und zu verfolgen, wie viele Leute die Dateien heruntergeladen haben, und es lässt mich den Verlauf der hochgeladenen Dateien sehen.

What do you dislike?

Es gibt eine Menge Dinge, die ich an Hightail nicht mag:

-Pricing und begrenzte Features: Ich denke, dass die Preise im Vergleich zu anderen Software wirklich hoch sind. Die kostenlose Version dieser Software hat so viele begrenzte Funktionen, dass es fast unmöglich ist, sie in einem Unternehmen zu verwenden. Ich mag es nicht, dass Sie auch für die Sicherheit des Passworts zahlen müssen, wenn es andere Software gibt, die das tun würde, ohne Ihnen mehr zu zahlen.

-Desktop und mobile Apps: Sie müssen zwei Desktop-Apps herunterladen, um alles von Hightail zu genießen und die mobile App funktioniert gut, aber es hat immer noch einige Grenzen, wie Sie die gespeicherten Dateien nicht sehen können. Außerdem unterstützt die mobile App nicht viele Dateien.

-Design: Ich mag die Farben dieser Software nicht, weil es meiner Meinung nach eine schlechte Kombination ist. Es wird mich nicht fokussieren lassen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde diese Software jedem empfehlen, der einfache Dateien übertragen möchte.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Wir verwenden Hightail, um Dateien an unsere Mitarbeiter und Kunden zu senden, und es war bisher eine großartige Erfahrung.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Hightail review by <span>Chrissy I.</span>
Chrissy I.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Basic, user-friendly way to send large files

What do you like best?

Hightail is my go-to platform for quickly and easily sharing photo, video, and PowerPoint files with external clients and partners. You can drag files from your desktop, or upload them from various other platforms. You can quickly add email address, subject line and optional message, and you're on your way. Or, if you need data encryption, there are extra steps you can take to ensure your files are secure.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the business upgrade... we paid for it for a while, but didn't see enough benefit for our team's uses to justify the additional fee. Since we aren't sending huge files regularly, the standard version works for us pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone needing a quick and easy way to share files that are too large to send via email. I prefer using Hightail to cloud-sharing, because I think it's more secure, and it's easier for the recipient to download.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Hightail gives our team a secure way to share large files, without having to mail or drop off thumb drives, or resort to other, less secure measures of file sharing. It's reliable and user-friendly so it's a huge productivity win for our team.

Hightail review by <span>Scott B.</span>
Scott B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Love it

What do you like best?

I love hightail because first, it's free. Without it I would not be able to send HI-RES, huge 30MB+ files to clients and customers. As a company we have sent out our catalogs - which run anywhere from 1GB to 3GB and hightail handles it all. It's also great since it's free, customers can sign up for an account very easily to send files back and forth. It's a very simple process which makes it ideal in the work place.

What do you dislike?

We have some older computers in our office that run on back models of Windows and Apple, and unfrotunately Hightail just updated so you can no longer use the program on any old version of those platforms. Luckily, you can always use the website but there was something great about being able to use the program straight from the desktop.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Able to share a lot more without any headache or fuss to our clients, and doesn't cost us anything. Helps keep us on budget.

Hightail review by <span>Natalia P.</span>
Natalia P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Safe and simple file sharing/team collaboration service with a powerful user interface

What do you like best?

In my opinion, one of the best things Hightail offers is its wide variety of security features. Knowing that I can save my important documents and files on Hightail and not worry about security issues is a huge thing for me. Also, I love how Hightail simplifies the whole file-syncing process, due to the fact that I use it on diferent platforms. However, my favorite thing about this service is its unlimited storage because I can save everything I use at work and not worry about storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike about Hightail, but one thing that comes to my mind is its customer support. I've had some minor issues while saving certain types of files and I had a hard time trying to contact Hightail's Customer Support by phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep your spaces organized because after you save hundreds of files on Hightail, it can get quite hard to find what you need if these documents aren't organized.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With Hightail I am able to save and share with my coworkers all of the spreadsheets that I use at work so that we are able to continue sharing ideas and debate new comercial strategies even when we are not in the office.

Hightail review by <span>Jim P.</span>
Jim P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Should offer more features, like Box or Dropbox

What do you like best?

For me it serves the purpose of transferring video files to certain clients who will not use Dropbox or Box. This suggests to me that Hightail has better security than Dropbox or Box, but I have not had a problem with either of those.

What do you dislike?

I think Hightail has cloud storage of files, but it's difficult to tell how to use it. There seem to be many other features but they seem difficult to understand. My business is basically a one-man band so I don't think I need the various team features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The default for file storage expiration is only 7 days. Be sure to extend that if you want the files retained longer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I need to use Hightail to transfer files to certain clients who will not use Box, etc. So they must feel that Hightail has superior security.

Kate avatar
Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about Hightail?

I can help.
* We monitor all Hightail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.