Hightail

Share files, collect feedback and take your creative projects from concept to completion at www.hightail.com.

Work for Hightail?

Learning about Hightail?

Hightail Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 516 Hightail reviews
Hightail review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hightail
Hightail review by Zachary S.
Zachary S.

"Good online service for sending files and storing files online."

What do you like best?

Works great if you need to quickly send files to a colleague. Easy drag and drop features. Also nice knowing your important files are backed up somewhere if you need to access them. Nice to be albe to organize projects.

What do you dislike?

Don't like that you have to create an account in order to use. In order for files to not expire, they must be downloaded within a certain time. I have also had problems finding some files that were uploaded by a coworker without a direct link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using hightail if you are someone who frequently needs to send larger files to people.

I work remotely so hightail is a nice feature to be able to share larger files that can't be sent via email. My co-workers also use hightail and have no problems sending and receiving files. It's be a great feature to be able to create spaces and share those with fellow coworkers to download files. Makes it easy to organize projects.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Hightail review by Jennie R.
Jennie R.

"Great file sharing that has gotten lost in other features"

What do you like best?

I initially purchased Hightail to send large video files to clients. At the time, it was called YouSendIt. Then they changed to Hightail and added Spaces and folders. Now they are changing again. I still use it for my basic file transfers, and occasionally a client will leave notes for me within the Hightail interface. I think its pretty simple to use and straightforward, which I like. I also like that if I set it up for them, clients can download their files unlimited times as long as I keep the service.

What do you dislike?

Its a good program, but their customer support is really slow to respond and I more often then not feel like I get half an answer and need to email them again and wait a week for a response. Now with them changing formats/names again, I feel like the file transfer part of their service is getting a little lost. I have started using other methods for sharing files, and am not sure I'll continue with Hightail. However, since I have sent so many files to clients, and they sometimes go back to download a project again, I feel somewhat stuck continuing with the service, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still use Hightail, but I have gotten a Dropbox Pro account and find at least for my needs (mostly sharing large files) that it works just as well if not better. However, because Hightail has copies of everything I have ever sent, I will probably keep it at least for now, since clients will still download old projects occasionally and I want them to be able to have that access.

Sending large video files. Biggest benefit - clients have access to download their files over and over again for as long as I keep the service. I can also go back and find/download a file I may have discarded from years past.

Hightail review by Amélie B.
Amélie B.

"Es braucht Verbesserung"

What do you like best?

Was ich an Hightail mag, ist, dass ich Dateien mit so viel Leichtigkeit übertragen kann. Ich mag auch die Sicherheit, die diese Software bietet, denn wir sorgen uns nie darum, dass unsere Dateien verloren gehen oder verloren gehen. Es hilft mir, alles organisiert zu halten und zu verfolgen, wie viele Leute die Dateien heruntergeladen haben, und es lässt mich den Verlauf der hochgeladenen Dateien sehen.

What do you dislike?

Es gibt eine Menge Dinge, die ich an Hightail nicht mag:

-Pricing und begrenzte Features: Ich denke, dass die Preise im Vergleich zu anderen Software wirklich hoch sind. Die kostenlose Version dieser Software hat so viele begrenzte Funktionen, dass es fast unmöglich ist, sie in einem Unternehmen zu verwenden. Ich mag es nicht, dass Sie auch für die Sicherheit des Passworts zahlen müssen, wenn es andere Software gibt, die das tun würde, ohne Ihnen mehr zu zahlen.

-Desktop und mobile Apps: Sie müssen zwei Desktop-Apps herunterladen, um alles von Hightail zu genießen und die mobile App funktioniert gut, aber es hat immer noch einige Grenzen, wie Sie die gespeicherten Dateien nicht sehen können. Außerdem unterstützt die mobile App nicht viele Dateien.

-Design: Ich mag die Farben dieser Software nicht, weil es meiner Meinung nach eine schlechte Kombination ist. Es wird mich nicht fokussieren lassen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde diese Software jedem empfehlen, der einfache Dateien übertragen möchte.

Wir verwenden Hightail, um Dateien an unsere Mitarbeiter und Kunden zu senden, und es war bisher eine großartige Erfahrung.

Hightail review by Chrissy I.
Chrissy I.

"Basic, user-friendly way to send large files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is my go-to platform for quickly and easily sharing photo, video, and PowerPoint files with external clients and partners. You can drag files from your desktop, or upload them from various other platforms. You can quickly add email address, subject line and optional message, and you're on your way. Or, if you need data encryption, there are extra steps you can take to ensure your files are secure.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the business upgrade... we paid for it for a while, but didn't see enough benefit for our team's uses to justify the additional fee. Since we aren't sending huge files regularly, the standard version works for us pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone needing a quick and easy way to share files that are too large to send via email. I prefer using Hightail to cloud-sharing, because I think it's more secure, and it's easier for the recipient to download.

Hightail gives our team a secure way to share large files, without having to mail or drop off thumb drives, or resort to other, less secure measures of file sharing. It's reliable and user-friendly so it's a huge productivity win for our team.

Hightail review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

I love hightail because first, it's free. Without it I would not be able to send HI-RES, huge 30MB+ files to clients and customers. As a company we have sent out our catalogs - which run anywhere from 1GB to 3GB and hightail handles it all. It's also great since it's free, customers can sign up for an account very easily to send files back and forth. It's a very simple process which makes it ideal in the work place.

What do you dislike?

We have some older computers in our office that run on back models of Windows and Apple, and unfrotunately Hightail just updated so you can no longer use the program on any old version of those platforms. Luckily, you can always use the website but there was something great about being able to use the program straight from the desktop.

Able to share a lot more without any headache or fuss to our clients, and doesn't cost us anything. Helps keep us on budget.

Hightail review by Natalia P.
Natalia P.

"Safe and simple file sharing/team collaboration service with a powerful user interface"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, one of the best things Hightail offers is its wide variety of security features. Knowing that I can save my important documents and files on Hightail and not worry about security issues is a huge thing for me. Also, I love how Hightail simplifies the whole file-syncing process, due to the fact that I use it on diferent platforms. However, my favorite thing about this service is its unlimited storage because I can save everything I use at work and not worry about storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike about Hightail, but one thing that comes to my mind is its customer support. I've had some minor issues while saving certain types of files and I had a hard time trying to contact Hightail's Customer Support by phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep your spaces organized because after you save hundreds of files on Hightail, it can get quite hard to find what you need if these documents aren't organized.

With Hightail I am able to save and share with my coworkers all of the spreadsheets that I use at work so that we are able to continue sharing ideas and debate new comercial strategies even when we are not in the office.

Hightail review by Jim P.
Jim P.

"Should offer more features, like Box or Dropbox"

What do you like best?

For me it serves the purpose of transferring video files to certain clients who will not use Dropbox or Box. This suggests to me that Hightail has better security than Dropbox or Box, but I have not had a problem with either of those.

What do you dislike?

I think Hightail has cloud storage of files, but it's difficult to tell how to use it. There seem to be many other features but they seem difficult to understand. My business is basically a one-man band so I don't think I need the various team features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The default for file storage expiration is only 7 days. Be sure to extend that if you want the files retained longer.

I need to use Hightail to transfer files to certain clients who will not use Box, etc. So they must feel that Hightail has superior security.

Hightail review by Joseph P.
Joseph P.

"Eliminate the Hassle of FTP"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy for all of our employees to share large assets beyond our network. Any user, technically inclined or otherwise, can quickly and easily upload files and share them with contacts right from their browser. No client software, no credential or permissions issues, no protocol problems, just drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

We're not using some of the new workflow features, so they add some complexity to the interface without adding value for our team. Hightail is blocked by some corporate clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is hard to beat for the money. Very low cost for unlimited storage. Not constantly having to worry about capacity issues and file expirations is huge. Recipient tracking and notifications are great for peace of mind. We do typically copy the link and send in the body of a personal email rather than sending messages to clients directly through Hightail's interface. This avoids some issues that we experienced early on with some servers spam filtering the notifications or users deleting the messages without realizing they were from us.

We routinely had to assist both internal and external constituents with FTP related issues. We have dramatically reduced dependence on IT for assistance with sending large files. For a small team, that's a big win.

Hightail review by Jeffrey K.
Jeffrey K.

"Good for sending recieving large video files!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to send files with hightail - when clients request their own copies of videos we've made, it is easy to upload to hightail and send over to them. Also, its nice that the links can time out so the file isn't living online forever.

What do you dislike?

I've only used hightail for file sharing, and there is nothing to dislike about it. Does the exact job it is supposed to do, and does it well. There's not really anything i would change, or anything I have a problem with!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good solution for sending large files, works great!

We create videos - sometimes we need to send these videos in high resolution to people outside of our company so they can download. Hightail makes it easy for us to send, them to download, and then make it so the file isn't living online forever.Fast, easy service that makes file transfers easy for everyone!

Hightail review by Jorden B.
Jorden B.

"Hightail (Formerly YouSendIt) Has Nice Features Despite a Saturated Market"

What do you like best?

The collaboration side of the service Hightail provides is great for small agencies or freelancers who are looking to streamline their review, revision and approval process. While Hightail provides many of the same services as larger competitors, it has always been a dependable file sharing and collaboration tool.

What do you dislike?

The competition is steep, and generally does more overall. While the file sharing is great, security is pretty sound and collaborative tools fill a specific need, we often finding ourselves using bigger services like DropBox, Google Drive or Microsoft SharePoint simply because they offer the same services Hightail does, but integrate with far more of our other necessary business tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More integrations for popular collaboration tools – e.g. Hipchat, Slack, IFTTT, etc. Competitors offer these and they help greatly in collaborative efforts.

Sharing large documents (.TIF files, 4k Video, etc.) that designers rely upon is easy as ever with hightail, and the UI is friendly enough that even novice users can manage without issues. It's a solid choice for file sharing.

Hightail review by Jonathan F.
Jonathan F.

"Fairly Simple to use"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to upload documents in bulk. Files can be shared back and forth very easily with little management needed. You are able to view documents online without having to download and can even comment in sections where needed.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that, for some reason, I have difficulty signing on sometimes and saving the link to my favorites bar (to work correctly). I believe this to be more of a user error than problem with the product.

We use it for supplying technical documents to a special technical document writer. Our contractor is offsite and this allows us to quickly have documents updated and allows us to transfer different file types that we need. Many of our files go from pdf to InDesign and it allows us to transfer full folders to keep InDesign documents intact.

Hightail review by Jenetta H.
Jenetta H.

"Hightail is a great way to send large files"

What do you like best?

It's a no problem way to send a large file. You can save your files if you need them later on

What do you dislike?

It doesn't store your files like it used to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rad before you click. Its a pretty good site and lets you send to one email or a few. It also lets you send a few files at a time. I have been using it for years and it's a really reliable way to send files. One hitch is sometimes you have to be careful how you sign on and you need to look for the correct buttons but once you are in you can save your work to spaces for future forwarding to various people. There is a save box but I still haven't worked out he best way to use. it. All in all though its a good site to send important info.

Getting files faster and better to my clients

Hightail review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Hightail is GREAT!..."

What do you like best?

This is a WONDERFUL service for delivering large files...Email systems sometimes 'choke' on files over ten megabytes, depending on the ISP. Hightail is the perfect solution to send them with.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Hightail...It's quick and easy to use and is JUST the thing for sending files that are too large to be sent by email...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ALWAYS recommend Hightail to everyone needing to send large files that are too large to send by email...

I use Hightail to send large files, usually photographs, to clients and friends...it's easy to use and stores your files as well...and even better, it notifies you and the recipient when the files are delivered.

Hightail review by Rob S.
Rob S.

"Easy to use, but very slow upload & slow support response"

What do you like best?

It's easy to send files and view an audit trail of receipt/download, etc.

What do you dislike?

The upload speed has become atrocious. It also took 3 attempts to contact support before receiving a reply that they even received my inquiry. Attempt one was by phone, and I left a message with my contact info. Attempt two was by website to their "sales" division. Attempt 3 was via the support email on their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If upload speed is a factor, look elsewhere.

We use HighTail to send legal documents to opposing counsel, experts and other non-partner entities. We began using HighTail when it was YouSendIt because it was fast and economical. However, it has become very, very slow on uploads and the cost per seat is twice what we pay for Dropbox.

Hightail review by Natoya C.
Natoya C.

"Hightail for faster transfers"

What do you like best?

the ability to share large files with a single person or multiple people. I also love that easily drag and drop files on the website. The ability to organize the files by project is a true benefits barbecue I am able to limit access.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot that I dislike, however I do wish the filing process was easier. Uploads and sharing are my main functions and in respect to those capabilities I have no complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

File sharing has become simplified without being rejected my server for being too large. I also have to ability to set perimeters and security setting for the document being shared

Hightail review by User

"hightail it to hightail for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy to bundle document handoff and delivery with easy storing and synchronization and makes it way easy to do team collaboration. We use it for videos and documents when we share as a team across locations. It's nice to be able to audit and see where changes occured and it's valuable to know who' is touching what, when. It's nice to be able to have a platform for all types of documents, not just word but pDF or video files adn photos.

What do you dislike?

Price is restrictive for some and for those who use outside the office, it can be challenging to get support if you don't pay for the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Might want try it and also Dropbox or WeTransfer as well, depending upon your needs. We use all three.

Team collaboration acorss the miles. Sometimes it becomes challenging and I just stick to Dropbox or a file server.

Hightail review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"Work with China? One of the few ways to share massive files."

What do you like best?

Works in China!

Tons of data. No expiration. Good price. Good software. Good service. And Good speed. Massive 25GB send limit. It's an overall great value.

Oddly can't find any alternatives, yet. There are so many walls with other services.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't really know. I only use this to share files. I don't use the collaboration software. :/

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's probably really good regardless of what country. Dropbox is lame because it uses people's quotas, so forget it if a client doesn't have a paid account. Google drive has lame limits. And WeTransfer expires.

Needed to send and share large design files to China. We tried many things, including setting up our own servers. This is just easy.

Hightail review by Eduardo M.
Eduardo M.

"A decent trasnfer program with some flaws"

What do you like best?

Hightail offers a good amount of different security tools to help the user have a safe experience while transfering documents and files. The interface is quite simple and straightforward, with easy to use tools and informative notifications. It normally works quickly and effectively without bugging and glitching to much.

What do you dislike?

One of its main flaws is the fact that it does not support many common file types, limiting the user experience to a certain range of files. Also, the log-in process can be quite frustrating if the user isn't accustomed with it. Finally, another problem with hightail is that when using Hightail, you can't view a file before downloading it, which is quite useful when you are not sure if you really need to save that file.

Hightail was helpful when I needed to transfer microsoft word and excel documents to my clients and co-wrokers. I found out that Hightail can really save up my time and make things a lot easier when communicating important information with other people.

Hightail review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Hightail file transfer"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and there's a free option if your file is under a particular MB size. It's saved me a lot of time and hassles. Plus I can walk a client through using it versus meeting up with them to get a disc or flash drive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the max file size is 250 MB. I believe when I first started using the program it was only 50 MB though, so this is an improvement. Although, I'm a graphic designer, so often times my files exceed this size amount. I also dislike that I can't drag and drop a folder to the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the program. It's easy to use. I have a client that got the paid version because the files they send me often exceed the max MB size. I've taught very computer challenged individuals how to use this program successfully, so that's definitely a positive thing.

Before I found programs like Hightail and We Transfer, I would zip my file and upload it to my website and send my client or the printing company a link to download the zipped file. Or I would have to burn the files to a disc or put them on a flash drive. Hightail saves me time and steps. It also keeps my files more secure because anyone could've discovered and gained access to my uploaded website file. And it saves me the expense of discs and flash drives that often would disappear with my project. Hightail also notifies me when files are uploaded and when the client has downloaded it. I like this so I know the customer received it and I can follow up appropriately. It also makes my life easier when there's changes or an image or font isn't working correctly and I need to resend a component. The customer or vendor can see the file and immediately let me know if there are issues and I can fix it and re-send in minutes versus a whole big process.

Hightail review by Christa C.
Christa C.

"Simple for my clients to use..."

What do you like best?

Hightail is a very simple way for our clients to send us concept ideas for projects. It is vitally important for us to be able to explain to our customers how to send large files since we accept work from outside of the professional design and marketing industry. Our favorite projects are the new, small start ups who may not have in house graphics or marketing yet. These clients are energized, motivated and they know what they like, but they need to be able to show us. Hightail is a brilliant service and the first of such software types that I recommend.

What do you dislike?

Many clients do not want to create an account, even though it's free! Other than that, I can't think of much to dislike about Hightail!

We've solved the problem of large image file transfer non professional artists and designers. With Hightail we can work much easier with our clients who are not versed in illustrator or other graphics programs. We can easily share proof decks, look books and custom catalogs. Hightail helps us to help our clients look good and make money!

Hightail review by Douglas A.
Douglas A.

"Hightail is a Premier File Sharing Platform"

What do you like best?

When I have a file too large or secure to send via email, Hightail is my go to answer. I love the ability to upload files, and share them with my intended customers securely and password protected. The added ability to set how long files remain available for download access is a powerful feature that I use often.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an interactive calendar made available upon login, with representations for dates files were sent, and warning indicators for expiring file dates. Some easy and intuitive calendar tool for quickly tracking activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require an easy and secure tool for sharing , protecting, and managing large files over the internet, then give Hightail a try. You'll be glad you did.

We often have large files that if sent through email, would get rejected or create problems for the recipient's email service. Hightail is the perfect solution. With just a few clicks, I can upload, and send my clients access to these huge files via down load links in an email. The upload speed is fast, and the respective emails reach my customers' inbox almost instantly. I love Hightail.

Hightail review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Decent file sharing platform"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about hightail was it's good amount of security measueres that help create a safe place to share important files and documents online. Also, Hightail's unlimited storage and bandwith is a really useful feature to have. Finally, the fact that it is a really simple to use, straightforward software creates a gentle learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Hightail has some flaws that can hinder a little bit the user's productivity. The fact that it does not show the size of a file when you are uplouding and it's poor mobile support are two things I disliked about it. In addition to that, Hightail has a limited range of files that it supports which makes working on it a little bit harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make good use of Hightail's unlimited storage and bandwith, but make sure you check the file type you want to store or share before uplouding because there are some file types that Hightail does not support.

I've used Hightail to share .xslx, .docx and .pdf about mty current project with my employees. Overall, hightail facilitated our collaboration, creating a more eficient working environment.

Hightail review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Easy to Send Files - Confusing to Download Files"

What do you like best?

Hightail easily allows me to send large files to multiple users -- it also provides timing while it is sending files so I can coordinate correspondence. While this does not seem like a big thing, when working with large files and big groups, it make it easier to let the group know when the file will be there and prevent confusion and additional emails.

What do you dislike?

When up against firewalls, it can be difficult to download the files and you need to come up with a creative work around. The email that is being delivered (to the individual receiving the file) is also not simple in saying, download me! Also, files have the tendency to go to spam depending on filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should at least give it a try -- the overall functionality of the product is wonderful, and will help make your life easier when collaborating on large scale projects with multiple people.

Hightail is incredibly beneficial for groups that know how to use the software -- I cannot explain how quickly we can move large files between each other, leave notes, and collaborate. This software has been so helpful in sending multiple large files at a time. What would have taken multiple emails over hours before can now be done in minutes.

Hightail review by Shaina S.
Shaina S.

"Hightail allows for easy transfers in a busy work environment"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple to use and it allows me to send transfers over easily. I use it when I have to send heavy files to clients. I also ask people that i work with (influencers) to send over files through Hightail when they are sending movies or high quality photos. When I need something to be sent through really quickly, I use Hightail and it's nice because it doesn't always require me to be a member. That way, I just use it when I need it for quick efficient things like sending files through.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I dislike, but the file sharing could be done a little quicker. I don't like that sometimes I have to wait minutes to send through heavy files. I wish that more people were on it so that it were more universal, but since only a few people know about it, I notice using other file transferring sites such as WeTransfer. It would be nice if there was an option to connect it to e-mail. That way, if I just connect it, it can automatically be used.

Benefits: Easy file transfers made simple to use, even for people who don't always use it.

Business problems: Not enough people on the platform. Since there aren't too many people using it, I don't stick to one file transfer site, but use a ton of alternates if need be.

Hightail review by Marissa P.
Marissa P.

"Hightail makes file sharing convenient and fast"

What do you like best?

Hightail was very quick and private. It was used for sending large photos and the links that were e-mailed to me were very easy to use. I would recommend it for small or large amounts of files. It is free to send a small amount of files.

What do you dislike?

That I did not find out about it sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very confidential and secure file sharing. Easy to use, offers options for many files or just one file.

I was able to quickly send files and photos without any hassle. I trust Hightail and believe that it is secure. I do not usually store files anywhere and believe my files are now gone from Hightail.

Hightail review by User in Higher Education

"Great Tool for File Transfers"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the program. It allows me to send as many files as I need to multiple people. Downloading is also an easy process - especially when some of the people receiving the files aren't computer savvy

What do you dislike?

Not much to say in this department. I haven't come across many issues - sometimes file uploads can be slow, but this depends on the file size and the speed of internet. The seven day download period works great for me, but this can be changed with a subscription

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program, it is becoming more popular - especially in the world of photography, since it is a simple method for delivery a large amount of photos

I use Hightail to send photos. So when I go on a photo shoot I can directly send the customers their photos via Hightail rather than messing with a disc or flash-drive. This is a much simpler and cost effective solution.

Hightail review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy peasy"

What do you like best?

The fact that file sharing is such a breeze, you do not have to use server space to keep transmitting huge files. The transmission is instant - even with heavy and multiple files! You'll have a history of what was shared on your account, and you can make notes on the transmittal, include messages, everything you would typically be able to do and more if you were simply using email. The access security tools (password, expiration options) make it safe for confidential documents to be shared over the web.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing much to dislike, but if I had to list something, it would be the reader-friendliness of the pages - small type on dark background.

We deal with a lot of presentation files and find that the optimal renditions take up quite a bit of space in our servers when we transmit via email. Sometimes they get "stuck" and then it causes a whole host of other email problems which could be quite counterproductive. Now we have a place for all of our business content to be transmitted and shared in a quick, convenient manner.

Hightail review by Orlando R.
Orlando R.

"Hightail in Exchange"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and collaboration with Microsoft Exchange. The plugin is great and it makes sending large files to individuals easy and fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are compatibility issues with the version of Microsoft Exchange the individual is using. Need to obtain the correct plugin for your version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other cloud services or FTP sites that can send large files to others as well but the integration with Microsoft Outlook is great. No other service integrates like Hightail with Outlook which is an application I use daily due to the high volume of emails I have to send. The web interface needs some work but the plugin is great and hides in the background as to not obstruct your workflow.

Sending a large file to a customer is easy with Hightail. Our server has a 10MB limit so anything over that we have issues with. Hightail allows us to solve this problem by simply sending someone a link to download.

Hightail review by Niv G.
Niv G.

"Best web based platform for sending large files"

What do you like best?

Obviously the simplicity in sending large files. I'm a graphic designer and often deal with large files. Files that are too large to send through email. With only an email address, I'm able to send incredibly large files over to my clients safely and securely. Their instructional video upon entering the site is also very helpful

What do you dislike?

While there's nothing specific I dislike about hightail, I'm not looking forward to having to pay for their services when my business grows. That being said, I'm sure my files will be sent securely when that time arrives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail has my number one recommendation for sending and storing large files. It's quick, easy, and the design interface is very sleek and simple to use. I doubt anyone would have a hard time figuring out how to use this if they need its services.

I'm solving the problem of having to send significantly large files over the web. These days, I have clients that are across the country and don't have the money or resources to send unstable hard drives across the country. Hightail also does a very good job of linking whatever your sending through an email so you can add personal messages along with your files.

Hightail review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"Sending Files Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The ease at which I can send multiple large files to recipients with ease, and the ability to track these files.

What do you dislike?

Not all files are automatically saved, and although this may not be a big issue as it is more used in our company for sharing than storing, it is something to be aware of as you use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working with many files, this isn't the best solution for storing files. However, for temporary storage and sending, collaborating, and tracking there is no better solution in my book.

As a designer at a corporate company that works a lot with translations in various languages, this tool really helps solve sharing issues we've had in the past. Fast uploads for our larger files, multiple recipients, checking on status of sent files, etc. streamlines our process.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

How quick and easy it is to send large files. Great layout and easy to use. The drag and drop feature as well as tracking delivery was great for what I needed. I really appreciated the fact that files expired after a certain period of time, which added an additional layer of security. I like that a received an email confirming delivery and that files have been sent.

What do you dislike?

We used the free version so the 250mb limit was a bummer - had to swap over to Dropbox for sending larger files. Also wish under the 'send files' option I could just select to create a link to send the files without creating a space. Ended up going around this by sending files to myself then sharing the link. Also found it difficult to change the order in which files appeared for preview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great and easy to use - free version is perfect if you aren't sending huge files. Paid version pricing seems reasonable and it would be useful to have easy file sharing and collaboration all in once place, especially if you use collaboration software already.

I used it to send large pdf files to clients for approval. Clients found it easy to navigate and use. I realized that I can also use Hightail in my personal freelance business as a quick and hassle free way to send proofs and high-resolution files to my clients.

Hightail review by Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

"I'm a big fan of HighTail and this is why "

What do you like best?

You can upload very large files to HIghtail; for example, both the PDF and the original Photoshop file of a marketing brochure so the printer can make adjustments to the design if the bleeds are wrong, etc. You can also view files in HighTail and offer suggections/edits right within the Hightail space, very similar to working in Google Docs . The ability to share files with other via a direct link or a direct email from HighTail is also a nice touch. Very user friendly; I send marketing collateral and project profiles to our printer on nearly a daily basis and he has never had a problem downloading the files.

What do you dislike?

If you plan to use HighTail on a regular basis, or need to send a lot of large print files, you'll need to either do a lot of housekeeping or pay for more storage. In my experience, you run out of space pretty quickly if you don't upgrade to at least the Pro Plan ($15 a month). You can also delete individual folders (or "spaces") once they are delivered; but make sure to set-up delivery receipts so you don't accidentally delete files before the receiving party downloads them.

HighTail allows me to send large print files (marketing brochures, banners, project profiles, etc.) to our print shop quickly and we are able to communicate easily within the HighTail Space if changes need to be made to the files. The spaces let me organize files based on type or recipient. It's also so user-friendly that my very technology-impaired boss (who calls Twitter Tweet-Tweet) can access his presentations from a remote location.

Hightail review by User

"Hightail - an excellent tool for file transfer/sharing"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use, Sending large files and having the confirmation is extremely valuable in our work. The share feature we do not use as much as we could, but when I have used it I found it easy for everyone involved.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that I dislike about this platform. I have not run in to any issues with any features that we have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing different that what I already explained above.

In our field it is extremely important to be able to send large files in a timely manner. This has become our go to program for that feature. We have used other platforms, but Hightail is the easiest most reliable platform we use.

Hightail review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

I’m a choreographer so I love that it I am able to share music with my colleagues and that I am to receive Scripts and music from my director.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think that hightail is easy to use. I think that it is very complicated and not user friendly. I think that the desktop website is easier to use than the app. The app is horrible and rarely works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need actually download anything off the app, it is better to use the desktop website.

We have found a paperless way to share scripts and it’s easier to share music for our productions

Hightail review by Heidi t.
Heidi t.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

I'm a teacher and my team and I use Hightail to share large files back and forth. We are in the history dept. so you can guess our documents can get quite large! :) Having the ability to use the Hightail app is a huge lifesaver! Without we would have to always be running back into school if we forgot a document.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about Hightail! I'd recommend this to anyone team that shares documents on a regular basis.

We are solving old world communication problems by skipping a trip to the printer and just sending our documents out over our phones.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

Being able to send big files to clients is an ease with this software. Majority of my job involves sending massive files to people and having a program that they trust and that we trust is a big plus. Before we used this product, it would become complicated to send large files over because we kept having to try out different platforms. Once we found Hightail, we used it for all our current and future needs. Additionally, the software is quick compared to many of its kind and is always reliable.

What do you dislike?

They recently got rid of a "send link" button. With the new update, they got rid of this feature. This is something I highly recommend they bring back as a frequent user. Also, the home screen is not as user friendly as it could be. It takes time learning to navigate the software which is something I wish would have been easier in the beginning.

We use this software to send our files over to customers. As a advertising firm, we are often shooting commercials and small videos for our clients. Rather than having to shrink them in size and send using email or another software, Hightail makes it easy because it is a guaranteed fit. We have reaped many benefits from this software including efficiency, reliability, and higher turnover rates with our clients.

Hightail review by Samantha E.
Samantha E.

"HIGHTAIL it outta here!"

What do you like best?

I like that this allows me to send ginormous photo-heavy design files here I need them to go. It has released me from physically driving a flash drive somewhere.

What do you dislike?

sometimes HT doesn't like me, I don't know why. And i'll have to send 2 more times before it goes through. maybe 2/10 times this happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

throw your biggest files at it - watch them transfer just fine.

It has freed up time: no one is driving a flash drive./hard drive to a publisher!

Hightail review by Katie Z.
Katie Z.

"Just used Hightail for the first time"

What do you like best?

I was sent higher sized files through Hightail with a client. It was really easy to message one another, transfer files, comment on the mock-ups and set up spaces for each client project. I really enjoyed the experience.

What do you dislike?

I haven't played around on it too much, but it would be nice to customize the space. It sounds dumb, but I personally prefer white-spaces and I think it looks cleaner for client proposals. Otherwise it seems to function great! Maybe a calendar hookup for due dates?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's free! The paid membership might take you further but there's no cost yet!

It's great to have a easy source to transfer files and send comments! I used to use google drive or dropbox but this looks a lot cleaner!

Hightail review by Xtophe D.
Xtophe D.

"Simple and efficient"

What do you like best?

I've used hightail for several years now, always to distribute larger document sets to mutiple receipients. Uploads are fast, distribution is transparent and controlled (if so desired) and data expires after a to be determined period, which helps with managing outdated files.

What do you dislike?

With the evolution of the platform (it was YouSendIT previously), to be able to make a better living, HIghtail has limited the free options significantly. In itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal tool to circumvent limitations imposed by mail & assure reliable delivery

Quick & easy distribution of very large files - contracts, distributables: they all get to where they need to be much faster than through email

Hightail review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Secure and FAST way to get docs where you need them"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to scan your documents and attach them using Hightail. This is a secure way to process documents and sensitive information. Additionally, I like how easy it is to include a link to Hightail and incorporate that into your e-mails to others in order to request documentation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though the link to Hightail is present in your e-mail, it is not very attractive or easy to find if you are scanning. It would be nice for there to be a very obvious button for this purpose. This is especially useful for individuals who are not necessarily tech-savvy and are still required to use this method to send documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it first!

Securely sending inner-office documents and confidential information between departments and employees.

Hightail review by Izzy B.
Izzy B.

"hightail pso's and cons"

What do you like best?

its a click to share files and you know that people will get it and you can rely on them

What do you dislike?

we only used the free version and its only 100mb files at a time, and that's a downgrade from when it was still yousendit

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are free alternatives but with less features then the paid hightail version, like reporting and versioning that might be very important

sending large files that would otherwise not be able to send by email

Hightail review by Kristin R.
Kristin R.

"Very easy to use and helpful for very large files! "

What do you like best?

Hightail is very user friendly and intuitive. It's helped our marketing team tremendously because we regularly need to send quite large files to clients or the printer.

What do you dislike?

Our IS department has these emails blocked internally, so when sending to an internal client, the emails sometimes do not go through. But this is not a hightail issue, it's an internal issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check with your IT department to ensure you can remove the blocking firewall, but other than that, we've had no complains with this software. Very useful and easy to use!

We are able to send large files quickly and easily to external vendors.

Hightail review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Hightail is a Great File Sharing Program for Our Business"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is when one of our employees want to send files to someone outside of our company, all they need to do is simply drag-and-drop the file, input the recipient's email and send. This software allows our supervisors control over who sees documents. There are strong oversight settings which set time limits, so that the receiver must open the file link you send them under a certain amount of time before it expires. The system is very good at keeping a history of sent documents and there are good alerts. .You can also track how many times a file has been downloaded.

What do you dislike?

The price of this software is a bit high if you choose to go with a lot of bells and whistles. This system does have some latency issues if you are not running on a very good network. The ability to scale this solution could become an issue as we grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product seems to fit the need of our file sharing platform and has a good creative collaboration platform. This business cloud service has three service plans. The team plan for file sharing has a 100 GB max file limit and comes with dozens of administrative tools. Pricing for this plan is crafted dependent on how many users you have. Just be sure to check the ability to scale.

Our document sharing issues have been resolved with Hightail. The system is very user friendly and training is minimal. This software has given us a very good way to share documents, share workload and maintain very good storage of all of these documents.

Hightail review by Greg C.
Greg C.

"Overall the best file tranfer program"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, simple user interface , and never have trouble downloading files from our customers when they send a hightail link. With other sites I have had the download stop, as if it is done, and not give you a warning that there was a problem until you try to decompress the file and then noticed it did not completely download. Never had this problem with hightail.

What do you dislike?

There has only been one time in the three years we have been using hightail that there was an issue uploading a file but that is it, no other issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, save yourself the headaches. Just give your customer your company's web page where the download page is and off they will go.

The simplicity of use, some of our customers have issues using our old FTP site to upload files, since hightail, we never had to "walk" them through on how to send the files, saving me hours of time of trying to figure what they are doing wrong, and I can get my work done. No settings just sen them the link to upload and I'm done until I receive a link to download a job.

Hightail review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"But... why?"

What do you like best?

Maybe I didn’t use it long enough, I filled in for our permanent digital Producer for a month and a particilar corporate client had very specific protocol in place for sharing, QA, implementation, etc and Hightail was one of several approved tool on their end. It worked for sending large files, and the client liked it Bc it allowed them to preview and securely share assets, but I still wondered if there wasn’t an easier more intuitive solution by Google.

What do you dislike?

It just wasn’t intuitive to me, and it wasn’t integrated into any of our other software packages. Wish Adobe or google would acquire it...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It totally works and if your client order it, go for it

We produce digital interactive videos, and Hightail was one way to share various in-progress versions as well as the final product wth the client (to preview before going live, which was accomplished via a 3rd party vendor who did not use hightail). It was secure and while not especially easy to use it also didn’t take a CS degree to navigate. Really it was a requirement from the corporate client, we were a small production house - if it helps us continue our relationship with our large corporate client than we re more than happy to learn and use a new program.

Hightail review by Danielle C.
Danielle C.

"Very Easy to Use File Sharing Service"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple way to share files. The drag and drop interface is extremely easy to use and you can share a link with those you are sharing the file with.

What do you dislike?

The automatic file expiration can be an obstacle if you send files out and the recipient doesn't open and save the file before it expires.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch out for document expiration

Hightail allows for the sending large files that cannot be emailed. It was helpful when working with clients overseas in countries that had issues with other file sending services.

Hightail review by BJ J.
BJ J.

"Great For sending Files! "

What do you like best?

I love that I do not have to clutter up my in or outbox with large files. I can send via Hightail and get them sent allot faster! My inbox used to be so slow due to sending and receiving image files and such. Not any more!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. This is a very easy product to use.

Sending and receiving large files that would otherwise slow down my sending and receiving regular emails.

Hightail review by Edward B.
Edward B.

"Love Hightail - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Straightforward and very easy to use. HIghtail is awesome since it works hand in hand with our services of providing audio recorded sessions when there are larger files than our regular email service can handle. It has worked for 99.99% of our clients.

What do you dislike?

Can't say there is anything to dislike at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful resource.

HIghtail gives my customers a way to receive their recorded information and allows us to track it to make sure they've received their goods. We use it when our email provider can not handle it and it has worked for us 100% of the time.

Hightail review by Gretchen H.
Gretchen H.

"Very easy to use, safer/more professional than other methods"

What do you like best?

I like that Hightail is clean and efficient -- it uploads your selected files quickly and packages them neatly. I like being able to access the link to the uploaded files easily and it's easy, then, to download the files without jumping through hoops.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything about Hightail that I don't like or find useful. I use it for its most basic functions, so it might be that I'd find areas of improvement if I used advanced functions, but at this time, nothing I can identify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use! I recommend this service over other file share products. Very good for business purposes.

I had previously used file content sending/managing tools like Sendspace, which worked fine...but I did receive an email from a client saying she saw suggestive advertisements on the web page when she went to go download the files I sent. With some free sites like that, it's hard to know what kind of ads will be served when your clients go to the Download Files page. With Hightail, I know that I'm using a professional tool that will work every time, and won't leave any question in mind about the files getting to clients in a way that is clean and polished in presentation.

Hightail review by Craig S.
Craig S.

"Hightail limits don't necessarily restrict use."

What do you like best?

I use Hightail most often as a work-around for customers that have severe limits on what size email they can receive. Art files or photos for large format production can result in files 10 times, or more, the size of the allowable email.

What do you dislike?

Although I use the free version, "Lite", which only allows 1 file at 250MB to be sent in one message, this is still of sufficient size to make most of my transfers in one go. Larger files can easily be broken into smaller sections that can be re-assembled at the destination if necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your needs before getting the Premium service. Unless money is of no concern.

Balanced against the cost of dedicated servers for email, Hightails "Lite" and "Pro" versions are a tremendous advantage for Small Business owners who are constantly striving to get the best return on investment for limited capital.

Hightail review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Send and track files of all sizes"

What do you like best?

I love that not only can you send huge files that can't fit in an email, but you can track them to see if the recipients have opened them.

What do you dislike?

Overall, Hightail is very easy to use and I haven't found much that I dislike. I do wish that all files were automatically saved to your Google Drive though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever need help, the support team is quick to respond. There's also a live chat option that's open nearly 24 hours, which is super helpful.

It's easy to send and receive large files. Now you don't have to wonder whether the recipient opened it either. I've used this service for several years (including when it was YouSendIt) with several companies, and it's my go-to to send photos and presentation that can't be sent via eail.

Hightail review by Felix L.
Felix L.

"Free and convenient way to send large files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a free and open software to send large files, up to 10GB, to anyone with an email account. It's as easy as drag and drop. The recipient receives an email with the download link, and the instructions are straight forward.

What do you dislike?

To the person who is the recipient, the shared files expire about 2 weeks after the files have been sent. The recipient has to download the file within the 2 week window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download their app, you can access files from your mobile device. You can send iPhone photos through Hightail and free up some space on your phone.

It is one program that allows me to send larger files in excess of 10 MB to clients, since our server does not recommend sending large attachments through Microsoft Outlook

Hightail review by Marycruz F.
Marycruz F.

"Quick way to share files"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it quick and easy to share large files with clients or colleagues, which is a necessity in the video production world. Sometimes clients want to see a rough draft of a project, and while it's possible to send them a link to a private vimeo page, Hightail provides another alternative to file sharing. I've also used it in the past to upload footage for editors in another state--proof that it's a great collaborative tool no matter the size or scope of your team.

What do you dislike?

I've never had any negative issues using Hightail; I've mainly used it for sharing large video files with producers or clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Dropbox extensively to share files with team members or clients, you should consider at least looking into Hightail. There's a good chance it fits your needs, especially if you tend to share multimedia content or larger files on a regular basis.

Since large files are harder to share via e-mail, and since Dropbox isn't always the most convenient, Hightail provides a great alternative. It saves time, allows users to provide visual examples of completed work through a secure, rapid platform, and facilitates collaboration with project partners anywhere at any time. It's a great tool.

Hightail review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Product stopped working"

What do you like best?

We initially liked the ease of use. It really was a shame that we were unable to continue to use the product.

What do you dislike?

The product stopped working for us, we were getting error messages. Unfortunately, after over a month, support was never able to get our account back up and running. We had to cancel our subscription, which also proved to be a hassle, as it took many attempts to get the cancellation accomplished. In addition, they would not refund our month for the almost 2 months we were unable to use the product. They would not even refund us for the 2 weeks it took to cancel the subscription.

Large file document transfers.

Hightail review by Jacqueline Y.
Jacqueline Y.

"Great for sending large files"

What do you like best?

Hightail has a very easy drag and drop interface that allows our team to share large files securely with clients and other collaborators.

What do you dislike?

The collaboration tools are very expensive, so we just use Hightail for file sharing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to share files with other for free, if you don't need to send mega-huge files!

Hightail provides easy and accessible file sharing between parties that is low cost and simple to use for everyone. We don't have to use our own server, or pay for storage.

Hightail review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Simple and quick to use - does what it says"

What do you like best?

Hightail is really quick and simple way to send large files - it's easy and very quick to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about it - my only question is (and this may be answered if I took more time to go through the site) if the system is secure when sending proprietary information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is a great way to send large files around for personal and business needs. It provides a quick way to upload your files, and provides you with a link that you can send around to whomever you need to send the file(s) to.

It also provides a great way to track who downloaded your files, and when they downloaded it, so you can be sure that the proper recipient received your file. One thing I'm not sure of, however, is if Hightail is a secure system in the sense that it is difficult/near-impossible to hack, and that any proprietary information is protected (even when potential lawsuits or court orders are in play). Perhaps this is something you can find out by digging through the FAQs or content of the site - but it would be great if the company advertised this more proactively.

Overall, a great system that I would recommend to my friends and colleagues for sending large files. Great and very simple to use!

I work in consulting and sometimes have to send very large files that are rejected by either our company or our clients' email servers. Hightail provides a way around this.

Hightail review by Alexandra L.
Alexandra L.

"Hightail - simple and effective"

What do you like best?

Hightail is very simple to use and has beautiful graphics that make the process even better. Links expire after a certain amount of time which is good for confidential files.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes do not like that files disappear after a certain amount of time in case I need to go back and access them at a later date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple and effective.

Transferring large size files- this allows me to receive or share files that would normally be too large to send via a standard email message.

Hightail review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great program for sending large documents. "

What do you like best?

It is easy to download the desktop application and send large documents to several people. It is quick and efficient and we have been using Hightail at our office for several years.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike about this program. It is extremely easy to use, fairly quick at uploading documents. It also gives me several different options : I choose when my links will expire, whether I require a password to access and it gives me a few different ways to send links to my clients or colleagues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is quick and easy to send large documents. The program gives you the option to password protect the links as well as giving it an expiration date. We have been able to send videos to court reporters for transcribing and large documents to our clients quickly and efficiently.

It has made it easier to send large documents quickly to customers or colleagues that need them. I no longer have to save to a disk drive and send it to them by overnight mail. They usually receive the link to download the documents within a few moments. It has made my job considerably easier and our clients are happy.

Hightail review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

I have used hightail for close to two years on behalf of my boss to share time sensitive, often confidential content. I like the speed of the tool, as well as the ability to password protect files when sharing. I also like receiving a receipt to indicate that the files were sent and received. I also like the simplicity of the platform. It serves the purpose of what I want to do without distractions.

What do you dislike?

While I find this platform to be easy to use and very functional, I have been met with comments that people find it frustrating to have to download the link in order to view its content. I have had a few issues with trying to download the link when I am working remotely, but am always able to eventually get it open. This can be troublesome, though, if I am under a deadline and need materials immediately.

We are constantly saving time by utilizing this tool to transfer content and get it in the right hands quickly.

Hightail review by User

"Hightail - Good for construction"

What do you like best?

Hightail allows project managers and estimators to share files easily. Construction documents are usually large and Hightail solves this issue for me.

What do you dislike?

This is a bit nit-picky but there is no option to check off the files you want and zip and download in 1 file. It's either 1 file at a time or all of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is superior to most other file sharing and management platforms. I prefer it over Dropbox and it's competitors. The construction industry has a struggle with file sharing as most files are too large to share in an E-mail. Hightail helps solve this problem in an easy manner. The ability to comment on files also helps.

In commercial construction, there are several computer-challenged members that still require e-mails printed out for them. Hightail is a pretty easy way to share files versus the alternative of using an FTP or something.

Hightail review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Great way to send and receive large graphic, and other files"

What do you like best?

The easy to access desktop presentation of this service makes uploading and receiving files very fast and simple.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This service meets all of our needs for sending and receiving files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service will allow you to upload large amounts of data, or files quickly. Some other services we've tried limit the amount of file space you can utilize, or take much longer to upload information than Hightail. If you need it sent and quickly I'd recommend using Hightail.

We are a graphics business and often have to send or receive large files that can't be attached to emails. This service allows us to quickly upload files, and either send a direct link, or attach an accessible link to send to customers to retrieve the files for use.

Hightail review by Alicia B.
Alicia B.

"Great tool for tracking uploads"

What do you like best?

Handles large files easily and tracks third-party receipts. Also works in countries where we've had issues with other files not transmitting easily.

What do you dislike?

The software works exactly as needed. Very happy with this product.

We needed a no-fuss tool which allowed us to send large files to anyone (without the third party needing to create a login to access the file) anywhere in the world (some websites are not accessible in other countries). This offered the bonus of providing data when our clients had downloaded and received our files.

"Useful for file-sharing."

What do you like best?

What I like best about it is it allows me to overcome email size limitations. With Gmail I can only send files smaller than 25MB and most of our Powerpoints and photo folders are larger than that. So the site allows me to upload files from my computer storage and I just give the client a link to that file. Initially we didn't like the implementation of the new feature "Spaces" because it has the same functionality as "Folders" in the department of sharing files BUT later on we realized it's a bit more useful for creating colab folders that everyone can see and contribute too.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app seems to have syncing issues... I hope they check it out soon so it has the same basic functionality as dropbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try switching from Folders feature to the Space feature, it has way more uses. Though if I were Hightail I'd simply just drop the Folders tab, it just makes things confusing having two redundent features that offer similar functionality.

We are using it to send large files to clients, I reliazed later than you can add security codes and expirations dates to the links which comes in handy once in a while and gives us some ease of mind.

Hightail review by Henry P.
Henry P.

"Overall Great ( perhaps my favorite ) file sharing platform for business with a few quirks. "

What do you like best?

Working in web design for many entertainment industry clients we get lots of links everyday to download everything form a 10gb movie poster to a 30gb trailer. Many of the links are to hightail, but a lot of them are to internal or competing platforms. Hightail is by far the easiest to navigate, cleanest to look at, and slightly faster to download files from. Being a web creative I really appreciate the attention to design and practicality that hightail uses in it's interface

What do you dislike?

Its human nature to click the back button when you want to go back one step when navigating folders. Doing this in hightail will take you to the intro screen. This feature works on dropbox & I really hope the implement it on hightail in the future because I really do prefer this platform over the later

Recommendations to others considering the product

let the clean navigation win you over, it really is much nicer to use than dropbox. It makes me happy when our clients send us hightail download links because it means that we will have a hassle free download experience!

files that expire are fantastic for things like unreleased film poster art that gets canned.

Hightail review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Files are able to be sent over by clients without having email issues

What do you dislike?

Hightail itself is VERY difficult to use. My clients have issues all the time with trying to upload files, we have many issues downloading the files. NOT user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with DropBox. Much simpler system to use!!

We are trying to solve the issues of getting large print ready art files sent over to us. I have realized that it is easier to just use DropBox, as it is extremely user friendly.

Hightail review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"A good secure portal for document sharing"

What do you like best?

Hightail is an inexpensive way to share docs through a secure portal. You can set a free account and send info or docs and for a relatively low monthly charge create an easy accessible way to collect docs as well. I also like that month to month payment feature can be easily turned off and on so that you can only get charged for premium service when you need it.

What do you dislike?

It was easier to maneuver around when it first came out. The changes the past year for more group ready sharing make it more difficult if working with clients one on one. The notifications of everyone that posts something to share are also annoying

It is a good portal if you need a stable environment to share documents. The premium account allows for gathering info from others without them needing to set up or register which is great for some of my clientele. It has given me an easy way to share secure docs when needed.

Hightail review by Ty T.
Ty T.

"Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

I been using Hightail for a few years now and really like it for our business. We regularly need the ability to electronically send very large files. Hightail allows us to send anything we need to and not have to worry about the information being sent back because it was too large.

What do you dislike?

I have concerns with the security of the system. Our company has strict rules about privacy data and we'll need to verify the product matches that.

File Sharing

Hightail review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Great way to send huge files!"

What do you like best?

We use this all the time to send large graphics files between freelancers. It's a great program and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really about the program, but i would love it if there was an incentive for businesses to subscribe. Would love to convince my company to sign up for a membership.

-send very large files between designers internally and for external freelancers

-create and review new artwork on the go

Hightail review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"A Great, Simple Service to Send Large Files to Others"

What do you like best?

I love the "spaces" feature of Hightail the most; it allows multiple people within our organization to have their own unique Hightail URL/login information, while still having one organizational account. It also easily allows you to group multiple files together by project and you can even customize each folder by adding pictures to it as well.

What do you dislike?

It look me a bit longer than I expected to get up to speed with the interface, particularly when it comes to making certain documents password protected. I had to look up how to do that through their help menu (it wasn't immediately apparent), but in the grand scheme of things, this wasn't that big of a deal.

Hightail ultimately helps keep inboxes clean and manages file size. When I'm sending through large documents that would ordinarily take up a lot of space in someone's inbox, I don't have to worry about getting a bounce back email from the recipient's server anymore.

Hightail review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Hightail is an excellent cloud storage and sharing tool."

What do you like best?

When using Hightail it is simple to keep things organized. You can create sub images simply by dragging into the image you wish to add examples to. This is a good way to communicate and share ideas, prototypes and quick presentations with colleagues and customers anywhere with you can connect to the internet. This is a great idea, quick easy sharing of any ideas simply with an address. Option of security is also good.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, for the most part the UI is straightforward. Perhaps browsing forward and backwards to different locations could be better designed. Password protection? I'm not sure if this is an option but it should be.

Slow communications are gone, no longer have to break up larger files or zip them to fit them into emails. Now all that is needed is the link to the Hightail page and anyone who needs to access the information can.

Hightail review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Easy File Sharing!"

What do you like best?

I've used a few file sharing websites and Hightail has been one of the easiest to use. In my company, we share a lot of large files back and forth and they make it easy to add comments and monitor who sees it. It was perfect for sharing music videos, especially!

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I disliked about using Hightail. It was really easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of options when it comes to file sharing - WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc. - but Hightail keeps everyone informed and you can easily monitor. It's one of my favorite sites and has helped so much in the past.

We solved a lot of communication issues, sometimes people would say they didn't receive a file, but this made it easy to confirm. It saved everyone a lot of time and frustration. It benefited us a lot and I would use it again.

Hightail review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Send those files fast!"

What do you like best?

Hightail is an amazing program because I am able to send files of large sizes to clients so that they can get a clear idea of what their final product is going to look like. I don't have to worry about only being able to send tiny proofs where they are unable to see the proof.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about Hightail is sometimes when I am sending large files and they are uploading the file times out and then I am have to start all over again. This only happens to me once and while but that it really my only dislike about Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a designer and you want to send high quality proofs and files then I would absolutely recommend Hightail. The ease of use is amazing and if you are only sending files that are less than 250 MB then the program can be used for free.

I am solving a few problems with Hightail..... I am able to send very high quality proofs to customers so they can approve or change their proof and they are also able to see every detail that is put in the proof instead of assuming that the proof is good to go. I am also able to send final files for printing and not having the worry of if they go through or not.

Hightail review by Maggie R.
Maggie R.

"So Easy And Fast!"

What do you like best?

The speed and simplicity of this software is incredible. I can send huge files in two minutes flat. YES.

What do you dislike?

I don't use Hightail except for once a month, so I don't interact with it a whole lot, but I haven't found anything I dislike so far!

I am able to securely send large files to people that are difficult or nearly impossible to send through my email. Love it!

Hightail review by Hobson L.
Hobson L.

"Hightail Has its Quirks and Doesn't Always Live Up to the Hype"

What do you like best?

The ability to send large files to colleagues

What do you dislike?

The system is too quirky. The built-in Outlook tool doesn't always work and I have yet to be able to figure out how to use the desktop application that was downloaded with the Outlook app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can deal with not being able to send your file in just one attempt, it can work well for your company. That being said, they need to work on making it easier to send files to others.

Our company, like others, limits the size of files that can be sent and received so this allows us to pass along longer files as needed.

Hightail review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"High Tail"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy most about High Tail is that you can share images, videos, PDFs, presentations and more for your team to access easily as high-res previews and streams.

What do you dislike?

There is only one this that I dislike about High Tail. I do not like that the Pro accounts are limited to a certain about if space. Although with the Business account you are not limited at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how much space you are going to need before choosing.

The problems that High Tail has solved is allowing us to share all types of files easily and quickly. The benefits that I have realized is that we can all come back ten hugh Tail to access what we need easily.

Hightail review by Meghan Xandra S.
Meghan Xandra S.

"Hightail is effective and fast- my favorite tool to send big files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is extremely easy to link up with your corporate account. The log in process is seamless and simple. It is also extremely fast. Files are uploaded and sent almost instantly.

What do you dislike?

The log in process can be difficult if you are logging in from a different computer. I accidentally ended up making a personal account once because I didn't realize I had to use a specific portal to log into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making it clear how to access hightail from personal computers. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how to log on. When on a Mac, the app is easy to use once you are logged in from that computer, but you have to get there first.

We are solving team work processes made simple. When we can easily send files back and forth between co-workers, it allows for better cooperation and more effective communication.

Hightail review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Mobile Friendly Video Review Solution"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Hightail is that it is a mobile friendly way for my clients to review videos that we provide to them.

What do you dislike?

One of the most difficult things about Hightail is that you cannot stop and start watching the video in different places. It usually asks you to download the video and work from there. I have impatient clients, which means that this frustrates them and make them not want to us Hightail, and therefore want to use other softwares.

Hightail allows us to have our client review the videos we produce for them in a manner that gets through their firewall. The most important benefit is that it is mobile friendly, which many file-sharing softwares we use for video are not.

Hightail review by Bonnie Darby ✔ T.
Bonnie Darby ✔ T.

"Essential Tool for Sending Business Documents"

What do you like best?

Hightail is fabulous for sending large documents that exceed the email limit. I can attach multiple or single large documents and not fear that they will come back as exceeding the email limit. It is easy for the customer to access and use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about HIghtail at this time. It meets all of my business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool if you are needing to send large files to customers. It makes the experience easy and instant.

We send large files to customers so they can view video, documents, links, brochures, and resources. Hightail gets all of those pieces to our customers in an easy to use format.

Hightail review by Esther G.
Esther G.

"Modern Educator"

What do you like best?

I'm constantly in and out of different schools, hightail allows our education team to have access to all our power point presentations, lesson plans and videos in one place.

What do you dislike?

The new design of the website is a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time getting to know the program.

We are able to access our information from any device with internet access. We able to send data easier and more effeclively.

Hightail review by Hannah M.
Hannah M.

"Great for large format files"

What do you like best?

Simple inter and intra-office fails sharing when emails just doesn't cut it. Professional looking to share information with clients as well.

What do you dislike?

Slow, understandable though since usually transferring large files. Wish it was more collaborative within the platform to make adjustments / comments / etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all about what the program has to offer, more than just file sharing. Something every employee in a company should have on their computer and should encourage clients to do the same.

Strictly large file sharing, interested in exploring the other parts of the program. Probably would be very useful for our business.

Hightail review by Bryan W.
Bryan W.

"It does what you'd expect!"

What do you like best?

This is a great asset for emailing large files and simple to use!

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, we'll have issues with recipients losing these emails in their spam or not receiving them at all because of spam blockers on their system.

Hightail is designed to send email large files and it does what it should! It helps us save time and money having to resort to sending a hard copy through the postal service.

Hightail review by Edward P.
Edward P.

"Hightail (Formerly yousendit.com)"

What do you like best?

It uploads extremely fast and is able to handle folders and nested content without unpacking anything. Essentially, it's WSYWIG driven, with lite encryption selections.

What do you dislike?

They recently changed their API and desktop app with took away the ease of the drag and drop to a Mac app without any specific notice. I son't like the new look or workflow. It's the same functionality, but with far more lipstick and rouge making the web interface archaic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time with it. Get to know all that it can do and then develop a usage strategy. The new app, API and overall app theme is a bit daunting to look at.

Getting non-confidential documents to clients.

Hightail review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Hightail has helped us collaborate with clients and vendors with their file sharing"

What do you like best?

We use hightail for sharing large files with vendors and clients and I love that we can send them a link to the file inside an already drafted email. It's simple and easy to understand how to use.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to share files that are 50 MB and smaller. For larger files it is $15/month or $144/year. We like that we do not have to email files from Hightail; we take the link and include it in our email that we draft in our email inbox. This way all our communication is in one place.

Many of our files are to large to share via email. Sharing the link makes it simple to draft an email in our desktop mail application and include the link

Hightail review by De I.
De I.

"Hightail saved the Day!"

What do you like best?

Hightail has been a wonderful tool for our agency when the file sizes exceed what we can easily email to our clients.

What do you dislike?

I find it annoying that when files sent to us are not downloaded within the allotted time - they are no longer available. I understand the reason for that - but we had a situation where the files we downloaded we lost and we could not retrieve them.

We love that our clients do not have to have a login to access their files. We run into a lot of usability issues with other platforms.

Hightail review by Keri O.
Keri O.

"Sending large files is simple"

What do you like best?

The website is intuitive and simple. Large files can be quickly uploaded and shared.

What do you dislike?

I don't always need to store files I send for very long but often leave the expiration open ended just because it is defaulted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for sending large files

There are lots of different file types we need to share. Especially with large presentations and raw video it is easy to share them using hightail.

Hightail review by User

"Hightail is a reliable FTP for one-off transfers"

What do you like best?

Hightail provides an easy FTP for those who are looking to send larger files - decent alternative to google drive, drop box, etc. It's best for one-offs for which you don't want to invite others for collaboration, etc

What do you dislike?

Hightail shows its limitations sometimes with file-size restrictions. For ex, large quantities of folders need to be broken up into folders and zipped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent alternative to Google products if those are not an option. As good and clean an FTP as I have seen. Could use better capacity.

Sending files to designers and printers

Hightail review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"HighTail - Great for Uncomplicated Client Previews"

What do you like best?

In the past, I've used HighTail for client reviews of layouts. HighTail allows me to very simply upload a graphic and send a link to a client. The client can make comments on the graphic by double-clicking on a specific section of the graphic that requires a comment. The client does not need to login to make comments. Also, I can organize client deliverables by project folders.

What do you dislike?

Parts of the HighTail interface can by confusing on the receiving side. Even though you do not have to login to make comments, HighTail prompts commenters to make an account. It's a little confusing to the person receiving the link for commentary. From my experience, clients do not want to create another account o keep up with. So, I usually have to follow-up and say, "It's not necessary to create an account in order to review." But, ultimately, HighTail wants people to sign-up for their services. I consider this to be a minor setback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for project review and organization. It helps multiple team members put all their comments in one place. With the comment structure, a person can lay a comment "pin" exactly where she/he wants to make a comment. The pin systems helps avoid confusion.

I am solving the deliverable review problems we had in the past. And, the ability to receive comments while keeping up with multiple project folders.

Hightail review by Jeremy L.
Jeremy L.

"Hightail isn't better than its competitors. "

What do you like best?

How easy and convenient it is to share all sizes of files back and forth between fellow employees and clients at my office.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. It does exactly what we need it to do and what it says it does.

Rather than the old way of sending hard drives or thumb drives back and forth to fellow employees and/or clients with various sized files, it is now much simpler using hightail with the simple click of a few buttons.

Hightail review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"The Best Large File Sharing Software"

What do you like best?

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a simple remedy to sending large files to people who do not have the capacity to receive such files. Files are uploaded to their servers and an email is sent to the intended recipient. The system is easy to use, so easy that to say it is 'intuitive' is to imply a level of complexity the software doesn't have.

What do you dislike?

Limited size of accompanying message ( with free version ). The company auto-bills without your permission. I did not like the interface how they make you use your credit card for a free trail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is your quality alternative for a web record sharing service because it offers the perfect way to share files and collaborate on line with out limiting how a whole lot you could share. Hightail's excellent characteristic is the limitless storage and bandwidth. in case your agency does any commercial enterprise online, you percentage and obtain documents often with colleagues and customers. With unlimited garage, you could upload as many files as you need to with out extra fees. further, limitless bandwidth way you could share documents as a whole lot as you need, which means that which you do not should strain over whether or not you've got enough bandwidth left to ship an essential report to a patron.

Gmail says one can send files up to 25 megabytes. For those who continually experience "attachment failed" for any gmail attachments above 6mb or so, it provides a great solution for successfully sending files up to 25mb and larger. You have to register online, just go and upload a file and send it to the person you want. The file comes to the recipient not as an attachment but as a link they need to download.

If you often work with multiple or larger files, the first level paid version is very reasonable.

Hightail review by Nathan T.
Nathan T.

"Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is the best thing that I love about Hightail. Being out in the field a lot I don't always have access to a computer so being to send files through my phone/tablet is awesome!

What do you dislike?

The amount of storage you can when you sign up. Now a days 2.0GB is nothing and with the projects I do that space fills up quickly. Luckily, they're pricing options are reasonable so you can expand your storage options to what fits your budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for business professional who are always on the go and need files fast!

Solving the issues of having to be in an office or stuck at a computer to do something. With Hightail I can be on the go and outside getting things done!

Hightail review by Shanna M.
Shanna M.

"Mostly Love Hightail, but.."

What do you like best?

This is the perfect concept for an app. As a photographer, I find it to be very useful. I share files on an almost daily basis and Hightail makes it simple to do. I can collaborate with an employee and approve files from them before they are shared with clients. Works with Google Drive, which I love.

What do you dislike?

Likes to log me out and doesn't always work as it should. :( I would've given 10 stars, if not for this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. When it works, it works wonderfully.

It helps to collaborate and share when you're on the go, which I frequently am.

Hightail review by Alexander P.
Alexander P.

"I use Hightail everyday. Really good interface."

What do you like best?

I like drag and drop the files. So easy!!!

What do you dislike?

The previous version had not as friendly interface as now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like Hightail software - easy to use, reliable and friendly interface.

I work for the City of Georgetown Systems Engineering. People all around from Texas and other states need our customer support. They request our Construction Standards, as-built, PDF or any large files or folders.

Hightail review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Great Service, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to send large files without having to pay an extra fee.

What do you dislike?

There hasn’t been anything yet that I have disliked about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for sending large files with no extra costs involved.

We are able to easily send large files and we are also able to send files overseas to countries that have services like Google blocked.

Hightail review by Braden W.
Braden W.

"Useful Tool for Sending Files"

What do you like best?

It can be integrated into email systems and it has its own standalone software along with an online site.

What do you dislike?

Customer support isn't always the best. When there is a problem with the software it can be difficult to get an answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great software and it works quite well with a bunch of different options they have. They integrate fairly easily and allow for all kinds of ways to send and receive files.

We use the software for sending and receiving large files, like graphics, videos, etc. It has allowed us to do this well for years.

Hightail review by User

"Hightail-Fast Way to Share Media"

What do you like best?

I like that with Hightail you can deliver assets faster than with Aspera/FTP, and that it includes a downloadable link so anyone can access it from any computer. This has proven to be a reliable source to share media and other files.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say about Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for team collaboration, especially if some of the team is working remotely. All you need is internet access to be able to download and access these files.

With Hightail I am able to collaborate and share large media files very fast, and am able to share with my team. You don't have to rely on internal systems/programs for Hightail, you just have to hit download and enter the password (if applicable).

Hightail review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Very Helpful for Large Files"

What do you like best?

I used Hightail to compress an extremely large video and audio file for a project I was working on. I had previously tried to share this file with the project manager via multiple other sources, but Hightail was the only resource able to handle the load, and with ease and security.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about Hightail as a functional resource, but wish I knew it existed sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy to use resource if you are a consultant or remote manager on a project involving a lot of data.

File sharing and modification, securely. I transferred and resized a large project.

Hightail review by Administrator in Music