4.2 out of 5
Do you work for Hightail?

Hightail Reviews & Product Details

What is Hightail?

OpenText Hightail is the essential creative collaboration application for marketing teams and their creative partners developing compelling visual creative content and looking to speed their time to market. With one place for teams to share, review feedback and approve multimedia files, Hightail streamlines the process and helps teams keep marketing campaigns on schedule. Mobile access and visual previews also make it easy for executive level creative review. Learn more at www.hightail.com.

Hightail Screenshots

Hightail Profile Details

Hightail Profile Details

OpenText
Description
OpenText software applications manage content or unstructured data for large companies, government agencies, and professional service firms. OpenText aims its products at addressing information management requirements, including management of large volumes of content, compliance with regulatory requirements, and mobile and online experience management.
1991

Hightail Reviews

1-50 of 595 total Hightail reviews

Hightail Reviews

1-50 of 595 total Hightail reviews
Hightail review by Wilfredo P.
Digital Media Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Hightail is the best platform to share files. I recommend it 100%"

What do you like best?

One of the advantages of Hightail is the speed with which I can load my large files. Actually the process is short if we compare it with other similar services. In the same way, it allows me to set an expiration date of the files, which in the future (and for security reasons) is useful if I wish to restrict access to certain information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have had problems accessing the page depending on the browser that is using. I think that with browsers like Mozilla Firefox, the experience has not been very pleasant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it is not a well-known service, I recommend potential customers to try the basic version. In this way they will become familiar with its interface that is simple. The technical support is very good to clarify doubts regarding operation.

Thanks to Hightail we have been able to transfer, in a practical and fast way, high resolution images as well as large files to institutions located geographically abroad.

Hightail review by Carlos A.
produtor audiovisual

"Hightail is one of the best business cloud services I've had the opportunity to use"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Hightail is that it is a robust platform that has allowed me to collaborate easily with my team in a safe way. Its interface offers the function of drag and drop which makes the work more dynamic. Similarly, the service gives me the opportunity to set passwords individually for the files that I choose to share with other users.

What do you dislike?

Although Hightail offers a free basic service, I think that the creative collaboration platform has a somewhat higher cost compared to other services of this type. Maybe the price is not very competitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail offers very interesting plans that offers useful creative tools. In the same way it offers a gartuito plan that I could use from its WEB site as well as a light Lite version that can be downloaded. I recommend that you use this version for your mobile phones. They will not regret it.

Thanks to Hightail our institution has grown in terms of file management and security. It offers many simple tools to use which has allowed us to save resources. I really recommend this service.

Hightail review by Altagracia V.
Docencia
(10,001+ employees)

"Hightail is an effective and very reliable collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a tool accessible to any user because of how easy it is to use. What I like the most is that it allows me to send large documents to my colleagues and teammates. A point in favor is that only by showing my link to other users can they load me automatically.

What do you dislike?

In smartphones its interface is not very intuitive, which I think could be improved. Otherwise I have nothing negative to narrow down about this useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage to register as soon as possible to this service. It offers a very good free version that will allow you to soon familiarize yourself with each of its functions. The premium versions are very good and offer competitive prices. It's worth trying Hightail

Undoubtedly, teamwork within our institution has improved. Having the possibility of uploading information to a cloud, feeling safe and also being able to interact with other users in the elaboration of a project is invaluable. There are many benefits that Hightail has given us.

Hightail review by Shannon V.
Principal

"Love the flexibility and convenience of this product. It always come through in the clutch."

What do you like best?

I am able to upload numerous files at the same time in minutes at any time of the day. I use this every year when closing out my client's year-end and sending their necessary financial files to their respective accountants. The data is encrypted and password protected which gives me peace of mind. I also love the low cost yearly plan.

What do you dislike?

I am glad you now have a reasonably priced yearly plan. The monthly option was a little costly as I normally only use the program in January, February and March each year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are concerned about your data being safe and secure and being transmitted correctly, this is the only company I trust. I've been using them for years and have encountered zero problems.

The data encryption and password protection ability is extremely helpful. Allowing me to have peace of mind when sending financial documents. The software is convenient and has fantastic up-time.

Hightail review by Caleb H.
Migration Specialist

"Easy to use, easy to share"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share with anyone and they don't have to have software on their end downloaded so it's easier for them to get going with it. It's also easy to get going. Uploading the file and then sharing via email is all you have to do. The user interface on the user end is really simple to use as well. The other big reason I use Hightail over Dropbox or any other file sharing program is because of the unlimited space. Limitless space is a huge win for us as it gives us and the customer open availability to share whatever size file we need to. Outside of that, we have never had any real issues with uploading or downloading ourselves. It's been and continues to be a great system to use in our small company.

What do you dislike?

I think the guest experience could be improved, sometimes customers don't understand how to upload or download files and that takes more time on my end to explain how it works. When a guest receives an email, there is too much distraction. Clean it up a bit and show them directly how to download a file. That's my biggest issue - trying to get someone to download a file without issue. Sometimes the upload of a file takes a long time too, but that may be an issue on my end with my internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I absolutely would!

see above

Hightail review by Paola S.
Senior Media Manager

"A great tool to work in a team."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hightail is that it offers unlimited storage, which is an advantage when compared to other services in its style. I can synchronize folders with the Express desktop application. When a file is sent, a copy of the download link can be obtained immediately.

What do you dislike?

I think that in browser versions for mobile devices, Hightail has some compatibility issues. Beyond that there is no disadvantage with this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is ideal for large and medium-sized companies offering an excellent service at an acceptable cost. The technical support service is very good at the time of a problem. Do not hesitate to subscribe.

Hightail has simplified the way we communicate with our customers. Simply giving them our link can load it immediately. Your price-value relationship is unbeatable. It has allowed us to save resources and have an excellent service like never before.

Hightail review by Mindy I.

"Useful every day!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to both send and receive files using Hightail. I've even been able to get my clients to use it on their own to send me files (previously having to use "file request" on Dropbox. The fact that it connects to my Dropbox and Google Drive makes things much simpler for me on both the sending and receiving ends.

What do you dislike?

The business version has a lot of great features, many which would be useful to teams that don't have the big budget for the business version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely the way to go if you are looking for an easy way to share large files with others!

I am able to easily receive files from clients without them needing to sign up for additional accounts or make sure they have free space on their end (like with Dropbox).

Hightail review by Daniel Shatzkes CEO  E.
Founder/CEO
Entertainment

"Hightail is super easy to use and works great"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the express app automatically sends from my email address so people know who its coming from. I also like the ability to send both individual files or folders, as well as password protect the download. You can also put a time limit on the download to make sure that users cannot download your files after a certain amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The last time I had to download the updated app on my mac it was not so intuitive as to where the link for the download was. Other than that, I have yet to find any features that I wish I could find within Hightail. There are other competitors (like WeTransfer) but I still prefer using Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sending large files that cannot be traditionally attached in emails, Hightail is great. They also have project management and collaboration tools that seem to be great however I have yet to use them. I highly recommend trying out and making use of thee features. If they are as good as the file transfer features, then I'm sure they're fantastic.

I use Hightail to send all of my large files that clients need from me. It's easily accessible, allows me to send a message along with the download link and I can usually get the email out within less than a minute from the moment I've begun the process. I've not yet had a file or folder that Hightail has not been able to send.

Hightail review by Zachary S.

"Good online service for sending files and storing files online."

What do you like best?

Works great if you need to quickly send files to a colleague. Easy drag and drop features. Also nice knowing your important files are backed up somewhere if you need to access them. Nice to be albe to organize projects.

What do you dislike?

Don't like that you have to create an account in order to use. In order for files to not expire, they must be downloaded within a certain time. I have also had problems finding some files that were uploaded by a coworker without a direct link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using hightail if you are someone who frequently needs to send larger files to people.

I work remotely so hightail is a nice feature to be able to share larger files that can't be sent via email. My co-workers also use hightail and have no problems sending and receiving files. It's be a great feature to be able to create spaces and share those with fellow coworkers to download files. Makes it easy to organize projects.

Hightail review by Jenetta H.

"Hightail is a great way to send large files"

What do you like best?

It's a no problem way to send a large file. You can save your files if you need them later on

What do you dislike?

It doesn't store your files like it used to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rad before you click. Its a pretty good site and lets you send to one email or a few. It also lets you send a few files at a time. I have been using it for years and it's a really reliable way to send files. One hitch is sometimes you have to be careful how you sign on and you need to look for the correct buttons but once you are in you can save your work to spaces for future forwarding to various people. There is a save box but I still haven't worked out he best way to use. it. All in all though its a good site to send important info.

Getting files faster and better to my clients

Hightail review by Jennie R.
Owner, Producer/Director
(Myself Only)

"Great file sharing that has gotten lost in other features"

What do you like best?

I initially purchased Hightail to send large video files to clients. At the time, it was called YouSendIt. Then they changed to Hightail and added Spaces and folders. Now they are changing again. I still use it for my basic file transfers, and occasionally a client will leave notes for me within the Hightail interface. I think its pretty simple to use and straightforward, which I like. I also like that if I set it up for them, clients can download their files unlimited times as long as I keep the service.

What do you dislike?

Its a good program, but their customer support is really slow to respond and I more often then not feel like I get half an answer and need to email them again and wait a week for a response. Now with them changing formats/names again, I feel like the file transfer part of their service is getting a little lost. I have started using other methods for sharing files, and am not sure I'll continue with Hightail. However, since I have sent so many files to clients, and they sometimes go back to download a project again, I feel somewhat stuck continuing with the service, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still use Hightail, but I have gotten a Dropbox Pro account and find at least for my needs (mostly sharing large files) that it works just as well if not better. However, because Hightail has copies of everything I have ever sent, I will probably keep it at least for now, since clients will still download old projects occasionally and I want them to be able to have that access.

Sending large video files. Biggest benefit - clients have access to download their files over and over again for as long as I keep the service. I can also go back and find/download a file I may have discarded from years past.

Hightail review by Amélie B.
Manager

"Es braucht Verbesserung"

What do you like best?

Was ich an Hightail mag, ist, dass ich Dateien mit so viel Leichtigkeit übertragen kann. Ich mag auch die Sicherheit, die diese Software bietet, denn wir sorgen uns nie darum, dass unsere Dateien verloren gehen oder verloren gehen. Es hilft mir, alles organisiert zu halten und zu verfolgen, wie viele Leute die Dateien heruntergeladen haben, und es lässt mich den Verlauf der hochgeladenen Dateien sehen.

What do you dislike?

Es gibt eine Menge Dinge, die ich an Hightail nicht mag:

-Pricing und begrenzte Features: Ich denke, dass die Preise im Vergleich zu anderen Software wirklich hoch sind. Die kostenlose Version dieser Software hat so viele begrenzte Funktionen, dass es fast unmöglich ist, sie in einem Unternehmen zu verwenden. Ich mag es nicht, dass Sie auch für die Sicherheit des Passworts zahlen müssen, wenn es andere Software gibt, die das tun würde, ohne Ihnen mehr zu zahlen.

-Desktop und mobile Apps: Sie müssen zwei Desktop-Apps herunterladen, um alles von Hightail zu genießen und die mobile App funktioniert gut, aber es hat immer noch einige Grenzen, wie Sie die gespeicherten Dateien nicht sehen können. Außerdem unterstützt die mobile App nicht viele Dateien.

-Design: Ich mag die Farben dieser Software nicht, weil es meiner Meinung nach eine schlechte Kombination ist. Es wird mich nicht fokussieren lassen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde diese Software jedem empfehlen, der einfache Dateien übertragen möchte.

Wir verwenden Hightail, um Dateien an unsere Mitarbeiter und Kunden zu senden, und es war bisher eine großartige Erfahrung.

Hightail review by Chrissy I.
Global Public Affairs Representative
Chemicals
(10,001+ employees)

"Basic, user-friendly way to send large files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is my go-to platform for quickly and easily sharing photo, video, and PowerPoint files with external clients and partners. You can drag files from your desktop, or upload them from various other platforms. You can quickly add email address, subject line and optional message, and you're on your way. Or, if you need data encryption, there are extra steps you can take to ensure your files are secure.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the business upgrade... we paid for it for a while, but didn't see enough benefit for our team's uses to justify the additional fee. Since we aren't sending huge files regularly, the standard version works for us pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone needing a quick and easy way to share files that are too large to send via email. I prefer using Hightail to cloud-sharing, because I think it's more secure, and it's easier for the recipient to download.

Hightail gives our team a secure way to share large files, without having to mail or drop off thumb drives, or resort to other, less secure measures of file sharing. It's reliable and user-friendly so it's a huge productivity win for our team.

Hightail review by richard l.
Software Programmer

" fantastic product."

What do you like best?

It is amazing to work with this system, I like it because it allows me to share files, get comments and take projects from the concept to its completion. This product makes it easier for colleagues, partners, stakeholders and suppliers to see the work product in one place.

What do you dislike?

So far has not presented any problem, I have no complaints about the product. It's fantastic to work with Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool that maintains a high level of security, reliable and highly functional. I do not have to worry about the security of my documents or the slow or non-operational site. This is an incredible work tool, many users feel happy. I recommended it to a friend and I loved the application, now I recommend it to everyone because I know they will love it.

It allows me to send large files to clients and clients send large files to my company. We saved time in uploading the files quickly to Hightail and sending it to the client. I can also send an email to my client with a link to upload the files.

Hightail review by DENIS W.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Market Research

"It Does What It Is Supposed To Do"

What do you like best?

I started using the tool back when it was known as Yousend it as a file transfer solution. Today it has numerous type of services. One thing that excites about the product it has numerous security options. One need not to worry about the file landing in the hands of the unwanted third party given that you can send password which can only be used by the right intended person to access the document.

It is also easy to use. Hightail has made the process of sending file easy and exciting.You do not need to use it via browser you just need to log in the app and send it easily to clients and coworkers.

Organization. With the tool one can organize files in such a way that they make sense. This help one to get and remain organized.

The tool has also a large space in which you can store large files.

With the tool one is able to track the file from when it was received when it was downloaded . This is even to when multiple uses are accessing the file

What do you dislike?

The tool lack advanced customization feature. To and on that the software has also links that expire very quickly and instead of renewing them one to create them .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one tool that should be on the list of every company. It is reliable, less costly and funtional. It ids good in dealing with large files.

Had made us able to share big files

the tool has made us maintain high level of security in sharing files. this is from creating passwords that give the right to access the document and tracking files.

Hightail review by Waringa W.
Operations Manager
Banking

"I love Hightail "

What do you like best?

I started using hightail when it was still called YouSendit. I love for the numerous reasons such as:

1.Security. the software offers numerous security option which are tailored to making sure that the files do no go to the unwanted third parties. you can have a password to protect downloads so that it limits downloading to only those who have the password.

2.Storage space. the software has large amount of cloud storage space which we use in storing large documents.

3.super simple and fast.The software has an easy to use user friendly interface which is easier for anyone to navigate. It also allows quick sharing and quick downloading of files.

4.organizing.The the software we are given various option to shuffle and organize the data such that it can make sense for you.

What do you dislike?

1.The links usually expire very quickly.

2.sometimes the emails to the recipient get lost to the spam option

3.it would be better if the software allows one to track who is downloading a document

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is one software that i would highly recommend . It is secure and it will ease the process of documentation making get and remain organized

we are using it in storage of files and data management. Through he software we have been able to well manage our data and remain organized.

Hightail review by Catherine T.
Sales Specialist
Airlines/Aviation

"Nice and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I experience the usage of the Hightail platform to ship massive documents to clients and for customers to ship large files to my firm. artwork documents for printing can be extraordinarily huge in length making e mail incompatible for sending. i'm able to add to Hightail and ship in very short time to a customer and they will get an electronic mail with a hyperlink to download. one of the benefits is the consumer can just download without having to populate a shape with all varieties of non-public facts. moreover when I ship a report i will straight away get a replica of the down load link and electronic mail that to others or to the recipient explaining what has been uploaded. any other benefit is that i'm able to e mail my consumer a hyperlink to upload files to me taking the region of getting to preserve my personal ftp web page. The Hightail platform is user friendly for each my workforce and my clients body of workers. i've been using it for years and still see it as a WIN-WIN software program software.

What do you dislike?

Oh handiest one time the file I despatched didn't make it to the recipient. all over again the computer app didn't work. I were given an mistakes message and had to start over typing in the directions inside the text window. I referred to as and i was helped by outstanding customer service and or tech guide. thank you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a virtually clean manner to permit others get admission to documents or ship large files. The high-quality component is that you can set an expiration date if you want to restrict the get right of entry to to the file. I send small files all of the time with a 1-2 day expiration. For big files, the device honestly uploads loopy big documents effectively and in a timely manner. on occasion it takes awhile, but it truly is adequate.

Hightail is my maximum valued enterprise software program ever. i use it day by day to ship massive video and artwork documents and might be difficult-pressed with out it. It has saved the day on numerous occasions and simply keeps getting better with brought capabilities.

Hightail review by Scott B.
Digital designer and marketer
Design

"Love it"

What do you like best?

I love hightail because first, it's free. Without it I would not be able to send HI-RES, huge 30MB+ files to clients and customers. As a company we have sent out our catalogs - which run anywhere from 1GB to 3GB and hightail handles it all. It's also great since it's free, customers can sign up for an account very easily to send files back and forth. It's a very simple process which makes it ideal in the work place.

What do you dislike?

We have some older computers in our office that run on back models of Windows and Apple, and unfrotunately Hightail just updated so you can no longer use the program on any old version of those platforms. Luckily, you can always use the website but there was something great about being able to use the program straight from the desktop.

Able to share a lot more without any headache or fuss to our clients, and doesn't cost us anything. Helps keep us on budget.

Hightail review by Natalia P.
Estagiária e-commerce

"Safe and simple file sharing/team collaboration service with a powerful user interface"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, one of the best things Hightail offers is its wide variety of security features. Knowing that I can save my important documents and files on Hightail and not worry about security issues is a huge thing for me. Also, I love how Hightail simplifies the whole file-syncing process, due to the fact that I use it on diferent platforms. However, my favorite thing about this service is its unlimited storage because I can save everything I use at work and not worry about storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike about Hightail, but one thing that comes to my mind is its customer support. I've had some minor issues while saving certain types of files and I had a hard time trying to contact Hightail's Customer Support by phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep your spaces organized because after you save hundreds of files on Hightail, it can get quite hard to find what you need if these documents aren't organized.

With Hightail I am able to save and share with my coworkers all of the spreadsheets that I use at work so that we are able to continue sharing ideas and debate new comercial strategies even when we are not in the office.

Hightail review by William B.
Senior Manager of Customer Support
Financial Services

"Great for sending files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a simple software but at the same time offers a lot of features. It's great to send my files to my coworkers or clients and I think it's in a more private way. With Hightail we don't worry about security issues since we know that this software is safe. Also, we can add passwords to the files.

What do you dislike?

I think it has a high price compared to others softwares but it does its job so it's okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reason why I recommend this is because I've never had any security issues with it before and it works fine.

We use it to send large files and it is more effective with this software because it's faster, the collaboration is great and better.

Hightail review by Barbara S.
CEO

"Easily and Quickly send Files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a simple solution to easily send large files to clients that deliver every time. I can get a receipt for delivery and download which has proven valuable time and time again. There is no limit on the storage. They also have a mobile app but I tend to use the desktop version. It's a great collaboration tool to use with teams and for client feedback.

What do you dislike?

I find that their plugins don't always work. It has issues syncing with Outlook. They're customer service is lacking; they really need to step up their game on this. It can be very frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple solution to send large files, try Hightail. They have a free account so you can try their services before you purchase a plan. Their plans are pricey so be sure that you've thoroughly used the free trial to make sure it's going to work for you. Customer service leaves something to be desired.

I used to have issues sending large files through e-mail; clients were always complaining that they never received files. Since switching to Hightail, they deliver 100% of the time with no problems. I really like that I can get a download receipt; I've had a couple of instances where people called and complained that they didn't get a file. I pulled up the receipt and they found the file.

Hightail review by Leonardo B.
Sócio / Designer Gráfico

"Essential software on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

It is an indispensable tool for workflow. The charging is very agile and practical. It does not use my email quota and makes it easy for me to receive files that are heavy by the client.

What do you dislike?

The only negative factor is that you can not close the window during upload. It is common among other sites that offer this type of service. If you make a mistake and close the window, you must start again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using HighTail. I find it essential software on a daily basis for sending heavy files for clients and suppliers.

Communication with the customer and agility in the workflow. I use to send heavy, often finished artwork files to clients and suppliers.

Hightail review by Jim P.
Media Production

"Should offer more features, like Box or Dropbox"

What do you like best?

For me it serves the purpose of transferring video files to certain clients who will not use Dropbox or Box. This suggests to me that Hightail has better security than Dropbox or Box, but I have not had a problem with either of those.

What do you dislike?

I think Hightail has cloud storage of files, but it's difficult to tell how to use it. There seem to be many other features but they seem difficult to understand. My business is basically a one-man band so I don't think I need the various team features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The default for file storage expiration is only 7 days. Be sure to extend that if you want the files retained longer.

I need to use Hightail to transfer files to certain clients who will not use Box, etc. So they must feel that Hightail has superior security.

Hightail review by Joseph P.
Chief Technology Officer and Vice President Digital Services

"Eliminate the Hassle of FTP"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy for all of our employees to share large assets beyond our network. Any user, technically inclined or otherwise, can quickly and easily upload files and share them with contacts right from their browser. No client software, no credential or permissions issues, no protocol problems, just drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

We're not using some of the new workflow features, so they add some complexity to the interface without adding value for our team. Hightail is blocked by some corporate clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is hard to beat for the money. Very low cost for unlimited storage. Not constantly having to worry about capacity issues and file expirations is huge. Recipient tracking and notifications are great for peace of mind. We do typically copy the link and send in the body of a personal email rather than sending messages to clients directly through Hightail's interface. This avoids some issues that we experienced early on with some servers spam filtering the notifications or users deleting the messages without realizing they were from us.

We routinely had to assist both internal and external constituents with FTP related issues. We have dramatically reduced dependence on IT for assistance with sending large files. For a small team, that's a big win.

Hightail review by Mike S.
Mr.

"My favorite software"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

be wary of customer service.

Hightail review by Steve L.
AE

"Hightail not what it used to be."

What do you like best?

Hightail is an excellent tool to send large files. Typically you want lots of details about the file like who opened it and when and the tools would allow you to know this.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, at this point Hightail makes everyone set up a Hightail account. In some cases this is fine (Team Collaboration) but in others you just want to send a large file to someone and the chances of any further contact negligible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some times you just need to send large files!

Sending large files. Working on items that have lots of working files. Benefits are knowing who and when the files are being opened and received.

Hightail review by Jeffrey K.
Senior Video Producer

"Good for sending recieving large video files!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to send files with hightail - when clients request their own copies of videos we've made, it is easy to upload to hightail and send over to them. Also, its nice that the links can time out so the file isn't living online forever.

What do you dislike?

I've only used hightail for file sharing, and there is nothing to dislike about it. Does the exact job it is supposed to do, and does it well. There's not really anything i would change, or anything I have a problem with!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good solution for sending large files, works great!

We create videos - sometimes we need to send these videos in high resolution to people outside of our company so they can download. Hightail makes it easy for us to send, them to download, and then make it so the file isn't living online forever.Fast, easy service that makes file transfers easy for everyone!

Hightail review by Daniel W.
Software Programmer

"Great Web based platform for sharing large files. "

What do you like best?

What I like about Hightail is that I can transfer files with so much ease. I also like the security this software offers because we never worry about our files being lost or lost. It helps me keep everything organized and track how many people downloaded the files, and it lets me see the history of the uploaded files.

What do you dislike?

Desktop and Mobile Apps: You need to download two desktop apps to enjoy everything from Hightail, and the mobile app works fine, but it still has some limitations on how you can not see the stored files. Also, the mobile app does not support many files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to anyone who wants to transfer simple or large files.

We use Hightail to send files to our employees and customers, and it has been a great experience so far.

Hightail review by Jorden B.
Digital Marketing Director

"Hightail (Formerly YouSendIt) Has Nice Features Despite a Saturated Market"

What do you like best?

The collaboration side of the service Hightail provides is great for small agencies or freelancers who are looking to streamline their review, revision and approval process. While Hightail provides many of the same services as larger competitors, it has always been a dependable file sharing and collaboration tool.

What do you dislike?

The competition is steep, and generally does more overall. While the file sharing is great, security is pretty sound and collaborative tools fill a specific need, we often finding ourselves using bigger services like DropBox, Google Drive or Microsoft SharePoint simply because they offer the same services Hightail does, but integrate with far more of our other necessary business tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More integrations for popular collaboration tools – e.g. Hipchat, Slack, IFTTT, etc. Competitors offer these and they help greatly in collaborative efforts.

Sharing large documents (.TIF files, 4k Video, etc.) that designers rely upon is easy as ever with hightail, and the UI is friendly enough that even novice users can manage without issues. It's a solid choice for file sharing.

Hightail review by Jonathan F.
Mechanical Designer
Machinery

"Fairly Simple to use"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to upload documents in bulk. Files can be shared back and forth very easily with little management needed. You are able to view documents online without having to download and can even comment in sections where needed.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that, for some reason, I have difficulty signing on sometimes and saving the link to my favorites bar (to work correctly). I believe this to be more of a user error than problem with the product.

We use it for supplying technical documents to a special technical document writer. Our contractor is offsite and this allows us to quickly have documents updated and allows us to transfer different file types that we need. Many of our files go from pdf to InDesign and it allows us to transfer full folders to keep InDesign documents intact.

Hightail review by Michael F.
Fine Art
(Myself Only)

"Hightail is GREAT!..."

What do you like best?

This is a WONDERFUL service for delivering large files...Email systems sometimes 'choke' on files over ten megabytes, depending on the ISP. Hightail is the perfect solution to send them with.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Hightail...It's quick and easy to use and is JUST the thing for sending files that are too large to be sent by email...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ALWAYS recommend Hightail to everyone needing to send large files that are too large to send by email...

I use Hightail to send large files, usually photographs, to clients and friends...it's easy to use and stores your files as well...and even better, it notifies you and the recipient when the files are delivered.

Hightail review by Rob S.
Information Technology Supervisor
Law Practice

"Easy to use, but very slow upload & slow support response"

What do you like best?

It's easy to send files and view an audit trail of receipt/download, etc.

What do you dislike?

The upload speed has become atrocious. It also took 3 attempts to contact support before receiving a reply that they even received my inquiry. Attempt one was by phone, and I left a message with my contact info. Attempt two was by website to their "sales" division. Attempt 3 was via the support email on their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If upload speed is a factor, look elsewhere.

We use HighTail to send legal documents to opposing counsel, experts and other non-partner entities. We began using HighTail when it was YouSendIt because it was fast and economical. However, it has become very, very slow on uploads and the cost per seat is twice what we pay for Dropbox.

Hightail review by Natoya C.
Director Of Operations & Administration

"Hightail for faster transfers"

What do you like best?

the ability to share large files with a single person or multiple people. I also love that easily drag and drop files on the website. The ability to organize the files by project is a true benefits barbecue I am able to limit access.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot that I dislike, however I do wish the filing process was easier. Uploads and sharing are my main functions and in respect to those capabilities I have no complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

File sharing has become simplified without being rejected my server for being too large. I also have to ability to set perimeters and security setting for the document being shared

Hightail review by User

"hightail it to hightail for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy to bundle document handoff and delivery with easy storing and synchronization and makes it way easy to do team collaboration. We use it for videos and documents when we share as a team across locations. It's nice to be able to audit and see where changes occured and it's valuable to know who' is touching what, when. It's nice to be able to have a platform for all types of documents, not just word but pDF or video files adn photos.

What do you dislike?

Price is restrictive for some and for those who use outside the office, it can be challenging to get support if you don't pay for the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Might want try it and also Dropbox or WeTransfer as well, depending upon your needs. We use all three.

Team collaboration acorss the miles. Sometimes it becomes challenging and I just stick to Dropbox or a file server.

Hightail review by User

"Hightail for Large File Sends"

What do you like best?

Hightail is an extremely easy to use system that works well with other partners. You can simply upload large files that generates a link that you can copy and send to partners.

What do you dislike?

Hightail is very limited in its use. This software is only beneficial when sending large files. If this is your only intended use then I don't know of a better product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is only beneficial in sending large files that do not attach to emails.

I have never received poor feedback when using Hightail. Each time I send a large file in a Hightail link to a vendor the process seems to move on effortlessly. This shows me that Hightail is a beneficial product to both my business needs and the business needs of partners.

Hightail review by Derek L.
Web Developer / Designer
Internet

"Work with China? One of the few ways to share massive files."

What do you like best?

Works in China!

Tons of data. No expiration. Good price. Good software. Good service. And Good speed. Massive 25GB send limit. It's an overall great value.

Oddly can't find any alternatives, yet. There are so many walls with other services.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't really know. I only use this to share files. I don't use the collaboration software. :/

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's probably really good regardless of what country. Dropbox is lame because it uses people's quotas, so forget it if a client doesn't have a paid account. Google drive has lame limits. And WeTransfer expires.

Needed to send and share large design files to China. We tried many things, including setting up our own servers. This is just easy.