Hippo CMMS

Hippo CMMS

Hippo CMMS is a simple, easy to use maintenance software suitable for most industries It comes equipped with CMMS features required to manage preventive maintenance, work orders, equipment and inventory and can be accessed from mobile devices.

Work for Hippo CMMS?

Learning about Hippo CMMS?

Categories

Compare Hippo CMMS to Similar Solutions

Hippo CMMS Reviews

Ask Hippo CMMS a Question
Showing 148 Hippo CMMS reviews
Hippo CMMS review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Hippo CMMS Recommendation"

What do you like best?

Management of all work orders using calendar view to plan all upcoming work and resources. We find the calendar view to be the most beneficial method of tracking and planning for upcoming work orders. By filtering W/O Due and Demand, we can see all of our upcoming demand work orders and plan resources accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Some features could be more customizable. As an example, we do wish that the program could be used to verify that work order requesters receive final confirmation that work orders have been completed. At times our staff has said they did not get notified of a completed work order, and unfortunately there is no way to verify if the program sent out the confirmation status email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent produce. We find it is an easy to use product for work order management planning, reporting and materials management.

Work order planning. Work orders are no longer forgotten, or ignored. Our next objective is to start using materials management, as well as upgrade to HipPro+ for a more graphical user interface.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hippo CMMS
Hippo CMMS review by Tylar S.
Tylar S.
View Original

"Hippo - The Problem Solver"

What do you like best?

The way HIPPO CMMS allows us to streamline our maintenance requests and work orders has been huge in saving us time and manpower to complete our tasks. Our maintenance technicians receive prompt e-mail notifications when a work order has been submitted and that allows us to get a jump on things much quicker than we normally would.The e-mail notification tool also is sent out when the work order has been completed, allowing the requester to know when the work has been completed and what necessary repairs have been made. Hippo allows us to keep an excellent track record of the repairs and troubleshooting that we do to our facilities equipment. We have just begun using the scan code feature HIPPO offers and it is already paying off huge dividends.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when using the back button, the screen freezes and you have to log out and log back in. It would also be nice if we could go back and edit already completed work orders to add additional comments or documents to a work order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend to anyone trying to streamline their work orders. The customer service is excellent. Hippo CMMS is very user friendly. You do not have to be a tech wiz to use this at all! Our facility is excited to start using HIPPO's new scan code feature.

Allows us to prioritize our work orders. We can run maintenance history reports on all of our equipment. Can access equipment information in seconds.

What CMMS solution do you use?

Hippo CMMS review by Ben K.
Ben K.

"Grateful for Hippo"

What do you like best?

That the program allows for so much growth and potential in our day to day operations.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the things we disliked were fixed. I am having issues with pulling accurate reports and having them emailed to me. The amount of work orders are not lining up with the actual work load per person. So I can easily overload a resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo is still a great value and consistently growing and developing in the right direction. Great tech support and customer service. By switching to Hippo, as a maintenance department , we have gone from constantly putting out fires and dealing with emergencies to maintaining a proper PM Schedule and almost no emergencies. Intern also having a happier staff.

We are solving asset tracking and cost management on equipment, Invoice tracking and discrepancies per work order, and also exploring the inventory management and how we can better track our inventory per work order. This all around is helping us with a faster turn over in our work orders because parts are available and we can better asses if we need replace a piece of equipment of fix it.

Hippo CMMS review by Brady  C.
Brady C.

"Great Overall Experience "

What do you like best?

Hippo has been a great overall experience with our company. We recently implemented this at our food production plant and it has met all our needs. It is very user friendly which was a big part in making a decision. It helps us meet all FDA standards within regards of record keeping. I would recommend this program to another company.

What do you dislike?

One big item that Hippo is missing is the ability to customize different fields and make your own pages that other more expensive programs provide. Another area that would need improvement is the parts tracking/purchasing area. One item that may be useful for this is to be able to see parts history such as when a part was used on which work order, when the last recount was done and inventory, when the last purchase date was complete and for which price, and run reports to see what equipment uses the same part. These would be helpful from a business planning perspective and parts tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To those looking to implement hippo, I highly recommend going with the middle onboarding solution. They provide spreadsheets which make everything easier to implement.

We are solving the issue of having to keep paper records for everything. Prior to this program we were doing maintenance based off word of mouth and did not track work on equipment. Now we are able to have better records which help us comply with Food Regulations.

Hippo CMMS review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Hassle Free Maintenance Tracking"

What do you like best?

It's simply to use after the initial setup. Hippo offer a lot of help to get you set up and running which is great. I've found it excellent for our companies uses. It helps us to easily keep on track of all our maintenance needs and its easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I particularly dislike about hippo. I've never had any issues with the way I use it. It fulfills all of my needs. However, it would be great if they could make hippo available for use on other web browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more information you add when setting up the program the more useful it will be. It's worth taking the time to do this.

For us, hippos solves the problem of keeping on top with all of our daily, weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance needs. Nothing gets missed anymore and its easy to add new maintenance schedules when new equipment is added.

Hippo CMMS review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"Real user review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. The initial learning curve is minimal. Once you upload all of your equipment and pms the process is pretty much set.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could add parts in the work order. Example: As I work on a piece of equipment and I replace apart that is not on the parts list, I would like to be able to add it in on the work order and have it automatically populate the parts list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around compare features and price points. Do you want a local setup which is more involved or a setup on a server with backing from the cmms team. I like HIPPO due to the fact the data is stored on their end so they save it and back it up but you still have access to download the data at anytime.

Scheduling preventative maintenance tasks and tracking.

Hippo CMMS review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"The more you feed your hippo the better it will treat you. "

What do you like best?

Ease of submissions for work orders by requesters. Tracking progress of work orders. Pulling history reports via locations. Having a single means of work order substitutions, with gathering information via fields required by the form.

What do you dislike?

No mobile app. And unable to input times for reoccurring tasks, or give time frames to auto generated items. Not currently able to have a work request span facilities. Not currently able to implement a "facilities scheduler" type of interface, have been told it is in the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more information, locations, vendors, equipment; you are able to put into the system the more useful the system will fit your needs.

Better able to manage how requests are submitted, and the information needed, by requiring fields to be filled. Better tracking of man hours, and submission history, via location or requester. Has drastically reduced the amount of word of mouth, work order requests.

We have benefited by haveing better accountability of submitted requests, able to accomplish more work completed, by better planing and scheduling of repairs. As well as tracking history of repairs to specific equipment; and defining specific locations of repairs needed.

Hippo CMMS review by Ian M.
Ian M.

"Early Indications are Very Positive"

What do you like best?

The user interface is well designed and easy to use because it is relatively simple. Simplicity runs throughout the system, which also makes start up, at least with the basic requirements, quite easy to do.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features and logic behind them are not as fully fledged as they might be and don't necessarily follow actual workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're impressed! In fact, we see a really good 'engine' in the software that, with development, could expand its utility and broaden its market appeal.

New adopter, so still learning the product and all of it's features. However, the reason we adopted a CMMS is to get rid of our disparate paper and Excel based system and ultimately to get much better service history and overall metrics on our equipment so we can make better life-cycle decisions.

Hippo CMMS review by Nicole  L.
Nicole L.

"Hippo is a very user friendly program "

What do you like best?

The program is user friendly, produces relevant reports, allows users to have different access. Workers are able to access the program from their phones which allows updates right at the various sites we work out of. The mechanics are working more with the program as they are seeing how easy it is to use and how it makes their preventative maintenance job much easier by completing a schedule for them

What do you dislike?

There are some areas that those who have administration rights can not add to, but would be beneficial if they could.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend Hippo as it is very user friendly, can be customized to your needs and can be accessed from your phone

The maintenance of our buildings is being completed in a more timely manner.

Hippo CMMS review by Chad P.
Chad P.

"Small learning curve for a well organized workplace"

What do you like best?

The CMMS system offers a very deep layered approach to documenting equipment and the maintenance tasks required for them which allows for a very strong work order system that is easy to understand for many users. Pleasant formatting and visual make for a rather user friendly experience. Technical troubleshooting is easy and caller support is immediately responsive.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup can be a challenge in places with a large variety of equipment. Some of the layered details go too deep and can get a bit confusing when trying to produce a new regularly producing work order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collect the information on the equipment you want inserted into the program before purchasing

Maintenance and documentation of said maintenance has become much more streamlined and brings our organization back into regulated approval with our overseeing legislation.

Hippo CMMS review by Ann L.
Ann L.

"Winnipeg User"

What do you like best?

They are always prompt when they get back to you and their staff is very well versed in the software

What do you dislike?

The development team constantly makes upgrades/modifications and there are no regular patch notes to let the customer base know what has been modified. this leads to confusion and system down time when folks don't know why the features they regularly use are missing or not available. They need to model their change process similar to the large MMO platforms where they send out updates every week letting people know what has been changed if anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very versatile program that can expand your business operations to streamline work force and spending. it can track all of those items

Maintenance tracking and lifecycle planning

Hippo CMMS review by David M.
David M.

"Easy and great support. "

What do you like best?

Hippo is so easy to add equipment, build PM's, and get the reports you need. Also, the support desk is outstanding! Every time I have a problem or am not sure how to use a section of Hippo I get friendly help, Thanks to my Rep Mel Motoch, she is a great asset to the program and your team!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a purchase order feature added so we can automatically get a PO to kick out when we reach the minimum parts on hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get as much information uploaded from the beginning or you will be adding it one piece at a time.

We never had a documented PM system on hand. Hippo is allowing us to build the PM's where we need them and track the progress.

Hippo CMMS review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"Hippo CMMS - The best move our company has made in years!"

What do you like best?

Your customer service is exceptional, and the system is extremely user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have no criticisms at all of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch today, you won't regret it.

Our previous system was not only three times as time-consuming for me as an administrator, but there was no confirmation for Requesters as to when work was completed or that was on hold. Frustration stadium-wide was felt both by my Resources, as they were not being given credit for their hard work, and by my Requesters, who assumed their word orders were not a priority. Now, with a click of a button, everyone involved is on the same page, and we are completing work faster than ever!

Hippo CMMS review by Izzy N.
Izzy N.

"Great software but not a "full package" for my needs..."

What do you like best?

I love how I can pull data and enter my departmental KPIs in a few clicks. Searching for work orders is a breeze through the search by work order number feature on the top of the page. Putting in work orders is very easy. I really like the calendar view and how it is color coded for easy status checks. Setting up was very straight forward. I received plenty of help from knowledgeable staff. Monthly fees are competitive to others.

What do you dislike?

No app available for mobile devices. All of my facilities and staff utilize a mobile device to minimize paper work orders so I would love to see an app mobile version (not web mobile). I've used other CMMS in app versions and for the most part, it's easier to access and navigate. I also don't understand why I can't open a work order that has been closed by mistake. I have to create another WO, then assign/associate it with the closed one. Its redundant and cumbersome. I really wanted a CMMS that can accurately track individuals/staff members daily hours worked. This has been a bit of a deal breaker for me because I really need a feature that I can simply click on the employees name and it can show me what WO they are currently on and how many hours they put in for the day/week/month. Another feature I don't like is that resources have full access to WOs. It should be read-only for the information submitted by the requester. I've spent too much time correcting descriptions because resources accidentally deleted part of the message. Also, I've experienced critical outages with this software that has paralyzed my staff and facilities. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it hurts us tremendously. I would like to see some sort of "back logged/ cached" file system I could access in the event the site goes down. Lastly, when a work order is rejected, it does not notify the sender, so they end up calling/emailing about the status of their WO and more time is spent that way.

I can finally provide accurate KPIs which has been instrumental in the advancement of my department.

"Best Bang for you Buck"

What do you like best?

The amount of features that you get with Hippo CMMS is awesome in comparison to the cost. Being able to access our CMMS (whether on-the-go or at a PC) and be able to create PM's and Work Orders is easy and anyone can learn how to do it. My team uses it to get their daily workload as well as see other tasks that need to get done. I also use it for reports and PMs like having the fire alarm system tested and other time-sensitive tasks

What do you dislike?

Onboarding takes some time. There is an option to have Hippo come out and do it, but being the small business we are, I don't have the funds to allocate to such service. I spent the better part of a couple months, just getting all the information I needed to get it up and running. Once all that was done I spent just as much time getting the rest of our business used to the product. Training people on how to use the system took some time, with many questions involved (what qualifies as a work order? Where is this thing? etc). Just time and money, but worth it in the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you're a large cooperation with multiple locations or a small individual facility, Hippo is a great choice. While there are multiple companies that tout the same thing, their prices are staggering at best. I would pay 10 times the amount I do for Hippo for some of the other programs out there.

Before we got Hippo, we were using post-it notes and emails to communicate maintenance issues. We had no preventative maintenance schedule whatsoever. With Hippo, my team can effectively accomplish tasks, the staff and communicate easily any maintenance issues, and we have a great PM schedule.

Hippo CMMS review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"An affordable tracking tool"

What do you like best?

Hippo is a clean, visual appealing web based maintenance software that is easy to use, track work orders, and inputting data is a breeze. As upgrades to the CMMS system occur, Hippo does a very good job with training users on the new content by use of webinars or their help desk support. Hippo also values feedback from their customers, and by doing so I am typing a review of this product which normally I would not take time to do so. Hippo is constantly making changes to the system which I believe is the reflection of listening to their customer feedback. I really like the table style inputting feel for adding new parts or equipment as if it was a spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

Some of the pages take a long time to upload and if you have a slow internet connection, this is quantified. This is the only issue I have with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The initial data uploaded to the CMMS database is crucial in the implementation of the system. Ask questions and make sure the data will tailor to how you want to use the system.

It allows tracking expenses to pieces of equipment and makes it easier to prove capital expenditure projects.

Hippo CMMS review by Gregory L.
Gregory L.

"Hippo CMMS Review"

What do you like best?

I have found Hippo to be easy to use and navigate. The ability to generate reports and export data has been a useful tool when combining the information with other business reports. The support from the Hippo staff has been prompt and professional. The software has flexibility in that I will be using it in the near future to track and document tool crib inventory and activities. Additional uses may also include CNC machine set up information and back up programs.

What do you dislike?

Although it is not a show stopper by any means, I would like to have the ability to delete erroneous or test work orders. I would also like to see the full selection of side menus when using a tablet.

Hippo allows me to track machine repair costs, as well as time spent on repairs. This information will be used to make better replace vs. repair decisions. It will also be used by the financial group as an additional means to monitor and track capital assets.

Hippo CMMS review by Dan A.
Dan A.

"Program is close to what is needed, still needs updates and polishing to be most usefull."

What do you like best?

I like being able to utalize hippo to plan work orders for the factory.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the level of "polish" that exists in the interface both on the input side as well as the output side.

The input to the system (what we are going through right now) is a bit clunky and cumbersome. We continue to question why we have to go many screens back to put in the data, for example, when we enter a PM and the equipment doesnt exist, you have to go back a screen to enter the equipment into the system, when entering the equipment into the system most of the time we realize that we have to go yet another step backwards to enter the model in.

As far as outputs go, I think that many of these are "standard" and exist regardless of what industry is using the software, weekly reports of what is coming up, monthly summary of what was completed etc. the UI isn't intuitive and not all of the options for things that we input into the database are options for outputs in the reports or printout's of a WO (estimated effort for example)

we are utilizing HIppo to manage and schedule our maintenance team.

Hippo CMMS review by Raymond H.
Raymond H.

"Easy to use, very valuable CMMS software."

What do you like best?

Once you are used to the software the user interface is very friendly and being able to search past work orders and tracking equipment issues is very easy. Having photographs and PDF's attached to equipment descriptions allows maintenance personnel to have all information at their fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Do not like the fact that it does not have a Purchase Order module. I would also like it to be able to document hours better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy software once you understand the platform.

It has really helped to track our predictive and preventative maintenance. Being able to generate demand work orders easily is also a benefit.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Asset Management Intern/HIPPO Maintenance and Set Up"

What do you like best?

Easiness to track work orders is a huge plus with the program. User friendliness is something that was promptly noticed in comparison with other programs.

What do you dislike?

Some glitches are still being noticed and worked out with the HIPPO program since the upgrade to Version 10. Only small things have come up that are not working properly such as multiple equipment model names of the same model showing up when only one of each should be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HIPPO CMMS is very user-friendly and is easy to navigate for those who are not as computer literate.

We are reducing the amount of paper transactions where they can get lost or ruined. By directly imputing reports and documents into HIPPO, we are able to reduce the risk of important documents getting lost. By using HIPPO we are also ensuring that everything that needs to be done is getting done and nothing is forgotten. Before using HIPPO, important practices and required maintenance inspections were likely to get forgotten where as now the timely scheduled work orders pop up to each of our facilities and are not forgotten. We have seen improvements in the

Hippo CMMS review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Budget Friendly CMMS"

What do you like best?

The affordable price, the awesome customer service, and the endless functions.

What do you dislike?

The onboard time (takes a lot of time and effort to set up, though I am sure that is the case with all CMMS's), and the customization could use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo CMMS is the best "bang for your buck" around. The setup period is extensive, but worth it in the long run. The customer service is great, and always quick to get back with you when you have a question. They provide everything we need in a work order system, and the ability to create PM's is awesome. They roll out updates (for free!) and are always looking to improve. I cannot recommend this product enough.

Going away from post-it notes and email, we have been able to streamline our maintenance team, and increase productivity.

Hippo CMMS review by Emelita A.
Emelita A.

"System and the Support Group are very Customer Service Oriented "

What do you like best?

The system itself can be easily customized according to your needs. The dashboard design are very smart in the eye of both user and client. As a user, easy to understand same with easy to work with considering that a proper control in the side of the client are in place. The support of each officer I had are awesome really

What do you dislike?

Schedule workorder not be in display of not yet in due date. Or my understanding is wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defining priority in at least 5 levels. Priority 1 emergency Priority 2 Urgent P3 - P5 with time in log and due

Honestly were just new user and did not expert yet in using Hippo, but the essense of using a define system in Facilities Management industries really give us an edge in this services

Hippo CMMS review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Great solution for my maintenance department"

What do you like best?

Great value for a CMMS software. Flexible enough to do what we need to do. Easy for my team to use.

What do you dislike?

Better mobile app would be nice. Also, easier way to see history of work orders for a specific location would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test drive. Works great for my needs and I recommend it to lots of folks. Just have to use it a little to see if it will do everything you need it to do.

Streamlined our work order process. Allows for reporting on recurring issues. Provides feedback for requestor once work has been completed.

Hippo CMMS review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Hippo CMMS, our first maintenance software"

What do you like best?

We found the staff at Hippo to be very helpful when initially setting up the software. The training was excellent and the trainer was very knowledgeable about the software which made it an easier task when we didn't have any experience with a CMMS

What do you dislike?

At this point we are a year and a half into the use of Hippo and I can say we haven't found anything that I would say we don't like,

In the past we have always relied on paper files and human memory to use for maintenance records. It is so much easier to go back and look at the history of a particular machine center to track any issues that may be repeating and may require additional thought about how to prevent the reoccurrences.

Hippo CMMS review by Andrea D.
Andrea D.

"Very Good Product"

What do you like best?

The ease for the requester and back end of work orders.

What do you dislike?

The fact that if you reject a request before you approve it, the requester gets NO notification and there is no record of the reject.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take all the offered webex sessions. You will always learn something new.

Just the communication that the Hippo system provides with the email response to requester. It has helped with the amount of phone calls to the office. As I work for 3 dept. the benefits are that it stops so many time consuming interruptions.

Hippo CMMS review by Lee D.
Lee D.

"Hippo on a daily basis "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hippo is being able to track daily jobs, monthly breakdown with reports, picture attachments on jobs inserted into the system

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit slow at times but that can be in with phone signal dropping, on the reports if a person closes a job in someone’s name it comes up on the reports that the person that closed it done the job

It’s a brilliant way of tracking jobs that have been completed, then scheduling in bigger jobs & keeping track of hours & costs

Hippo CMMS review by Samantha  D.
Samantha D.

"Ease of Use and Update"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using the software.

it is very easy to update the calls

The fact that time worked, material used can be assigned to each equipment and historical data and repairs are easily found

What do you dislike?

I cannot say there is nothing I dislike about the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is very good to use, no matter the size of the bussiness. it helps with tracking historic cost for activities, assist with budgetting. very good for communicationg with the users.

this is solving of communication to our internal customers, the way how it stores historic activities on equipment and the building. this software has helped us in properly managing our cost. our department internal ratings have increased since the implementation of this software.

Hippo CMMS review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"User friendly CMMS "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software. Anyone can sit down and learn this program quickly.

What do you dislike?

There are times when it seems like there is a lag in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo is a very easy and reliable program that helps manage the day to day parts of running a building. With Hippo we have been able to keep up with work orders and nothing has fallen through the cracks.

The ability to track work orders and keep on track is the largest benefit.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Excellent CMMS System that my biotechnology company adapted, with no intentions of changing. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy Hippo is to submit work orders and check on PM's for our lab. Changing work orders to in progress and writing notes for the next technician is one of the greatest benefits since implementation.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to compare work orders, PM', and assets to make graphs that could show reliability and other key parameters of the equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more data manipulation of your assets, Hippo currently can't do this. However, if you want a cheap solution that is very user friendly and simple, this is the best product I have seen in the CMMS software world.

Hippo has really solved our work order and preventative maintenance management system.

Hippo CMMS review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"Hippo CMMS Review"

What do you like best?

Hippo CMMS was easy, very user friendly. I was able to manage the maintenance of over 1000 pieces of equipment with ease.

What do you dislike?

Reports sometimes took some tweaking to get what I needed but that was mostly my learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and learn the system, it is easy but when you are first starting out it can be daunting. It took us about a month to get all the equipment in correctly and plot the points on the map. Once that was done it was smooth sailing

We were a sub-contract with a company that had the Government contract that demanded maintenance reports on a moments notice. I was able to have the reports quickly and accurately

Hippo CMMS review by Ferdinand S.
Ferdinand S.

"Hippo is useful."

What do you like best?

Hippo is useful for maintenance tracking work orders. This system help us in giving and assigning jobs to our staff.

What do you dislike?

Need to be more user friendly. Should be able to print out reports, open or pending. The graph representation needs to be more easy to understand for user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful in tracking work orders.

We were able to list down all work orders in our property. We were able to keep eyes on pending jobs, who did the job for review.

Hippo CMMS review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Hippo works well for us. "

What do you like best?

We have 5 different companies in 5 different cities in the USA and Canada. Most run similar equipment. Hippo let's me create a maintenance template and use the same template for the same machines in different cities.

What do you dislike?

Silverlight...but fixed now with version 6.0

Some of our facilities are 7days 365 a year and we need to be able to schedule the maintenance to suit. Other facilities are 6days and hippo give us the flexibility to schedule them as well

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"A solid platform for building maintenance"

What do you like best?

Hippo is easy to use regardless of someones computer abilities. It's also incredibly easy to customize for each property.

We've been able to create a single "to do" list by using Hippo and can tie all of the work we do to specific areas of our buildings or specific pieces of equipment. When running reports in Hippo, we're able to quickly see where we spend most of our time or what pieces of equipment have been problematic for us.

The inventory part of Hippo also allows us to ensure we don't run out of frequently used items. We even get automated reminders when stock runs low.

One year into using the program, I inquired about adding three more properties. This was done easily and quickly by the Hippo Team and I can now keep track of four properties from a single platform.

Anytime I have had any issues or questions, I have always gotten an immediate response from a real person - no automated responses here.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clunky to use on cell phones. A designated APP would make this much easier.

Scheduling preventative maintenance has been the biggest benefit to us. Also, the ability to submit and track work orders is key to make sure work is getting done on time.

We also had some difficulties keeping track of contracts and inspection documents. Hippo has the ability to upload all of these documents to a cloud and becomes accessible from any computer and has reminders for when contracts are due to expire.

Hippo CMMS review by Kelly B.
Kelly B.

"Comprehensive Maintenance Software"

What do you like best?

The software allows us to capture all areas of our maintenance department (requests, preventative maintenance) and allocate and prioritize workload.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software, it is meeting all of our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A comprehensive maintenance software program that meets our needs and assists us in operating an efficient maintenance department.

Having weekly reports outlining outstanding and completed maintenance provides important information in budgeting resources for the Maintenance department.

"CMMS - Review"

What do you like best?

The Hippo CMMS program is one of the easiest to figure out - unlike Maintenance Connection, our employees are able to figure out exactly how to manage work order with a minimum of advanced training.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything that I do not like about the program at this time....I will need to get used to the fact that our buildings are each set up as separate "facilities"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly, I would definitely recommend this product to all.

Just beginning to utilize the program. As a whole, I believe this will be much easier to manage and especially easier to create custom reports!

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Hippo covers most of our needs and we are pretty satisfied with the software solution they provide. "

What do you like best?

Work Order management. I also like the fact they offer bar coding. We plan to get set up with this in the very near future.

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat old fashioned in some screens and not as "smart" as we would hope for. There are some limitations in the software. We would love to have some features be made possible such as Project Management that is separate from simply daily operations work orders. The area where you add Equipment could be more user friendly. It would be helpful to have less categories under and Facility Admin and instead condensing them so that you dont have to keep switching in and out of categories in order to enter equipment or parts. The reports section is good, however, when we are asked for printed reports, it is not easy to read for someone outside the department and it is lacking titles so you dont even know what the report is measuring. Again, somewhat outdated in the format.

We are able to track daily operations with work orders containing hours, specific locations with more precise reports. We now have a way to track labor more efficiently as well.

Hippo CMMS review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Not great"

What do you like best?

Calendar view, but it currently is not working.

What do you dislike?

• Calendar view is not working.

• Software locks up frequently

• No easy way to report on work completed.

• Can’t easily add new properties or remove properties.

• No way to add building or site plans for reference.

• We are having trouble adding equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for another product

Currently not much value because it is hard to use and difficult to make changes.

Hippo CMMS review by Kenneth  J.
Kenneth J.

"Love the scalability of Hippo CMMS"

What do you like best?

We started with 3 locations and scaled to 40 and Hippo has been able to keep up with our growth.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have the capability for capital project planning and tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo is an easy to use CMMS platform, and continues to improve in quality. Customer service is very responsive. If you are looking for product that is easy for the end user then Hippo fits the bill. Improvements are needed in the area of capital planning for users managing many assets.

Able to communicate work needs across our multiple locations through a single platform. Hippo has given me the ability to communicate and track the progress of work activities at every location.

"Straight Forward"

What do you like best?

I chose Hippo after researching many other CMMS programs. I was drawn to the ease of use, straight forward workflow. The look and feel is simple and bold. It works both on the computer as well as a iPad.

Clean simple interface is important to me.

I needed our team to "buy in" to a maintenance program. They did this very quickly with very little push back,. Sometime change is not easy. HIPPO has become our go to word. If you have a problem, put it in Hippo.

What do you dislike?

Cannot add or edit the status the titles in the status column. Would like to change many of these that are particular to our company, industry. We have developed work around which required a cheat sheet. This actually means this.....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please customize the titles in the status column. We have so many status's that we could use than the ones provided. This was not explained or discovered until we stated using this program.

We provide maintenance support to 32 facilities in 3 states. This has allowed us to be more efficient when scheduling PM's, easier to track staff and most importantly track expenses, receipts and final cost report per project.

Overall cost for Hippo worked in our budget, could have spent much more money for not many more. features.

This has also provided one place for historical records per facility and can cross reference projects with the reporting feature.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Hippo is ok but very cumbersome to use"

What do you like best?

It has very goog tracking abilities, and reporting sections. It is easy for users to put in work orders and notification works well when a work order is in progress . The equipment logging is great, you can track and log every aspect of equipment , from beginning to current status. You can see all the work completed on equipment and the person doing the work. and pictures of the equipment and asset tags. The users are able to pick from a drop down menu to list exactly the equipment in needing repair. The PM module is very helpful to tie PM's to the right equipment individually and in a group.

What do you dislike?

You can't delete duplicate work orders, and the equipment section is cumbersome to use.But the facilities section where the equipment and and plotting is, it requires to redundancy. There is not any real understanding of why the information is needed by hippo program. you fill out the line item and then you have associate other areas to that line item and it does not associate with the line item that is being input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow a lot of time to set up and train users

work order reporting and tracking

Hippo CMMS review by Nick P.
Nick P.

"Great cost effective solution"

What do you like best?

hippo covers all the bases for a CMMS tool and does it at such a low cost compared to enterprise solutions. Very customizable and easy to use with a great training library.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a mobile app. The mobile web interface is just okay and app would be a cleaner experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool

Maintenance tracking and scheduling along with spare part management across several plants.

Hippo CMMS review by User

"Mobile Capabilities,Efficient Operations and Asset Awareness"

What do you like best?

"It's the one tool that i use which enables me to drive productivity, efficiency and really have a grasp on the maintenance work. It really helps link some of my goals, objective and metrics in a meaningful way that I can report on."

What do you dislike?

If I am being completely honest at this point in time I haven't really found anything I dislike about Hippo So far everything I've needed it to do it has done.The only thing is at times the system seems too slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have people calling me to know more about Hippo. I strongly recommend this product to any one looking to take their maintenance to the next level.

Streamlining the way we manage work orders, control our processes and gain real-time access to critical reporting metrics.Knowing our operations inside and out. See what's coming with detailed asset data. Identify problems and prescribe solutions.

Administrator in Hospitality

"Capable Program that is Good for our Property"

What do you like best?

I like being able to manipulate and change my locations, add equipment, and keep repair parts as a link within the equipment lines. Using pictures is extremely helpful and valuable, I get to pick the pictures so I know they are right.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit slow to update to update when I make changes. It also sometimes take quite a few minutes to load the pages when my technicians are trying to get work done. I have not had good with the mobile link on my iPhone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo is a good product that is bringing our maintenance department into the digital age. The products are great, training is good, the ease of use is often self explanatory, and it is less expensive than competitors.

I am now able to track work done on individual pieces of equipment. we used to just "remember" where work was being done. Know we can track individually. I can also track word done at the individual venues we have, keep a tab on time, and bill them appropriately.

Hippo CMMS review by Vojtech O.
Vojtech O.

"Hippo CMMS is really user friendly, easy to use. Great tools for building maintenance."

What do you like best?

Hippo CMMS is user friendly. Easy and really powerful tools for building maintenance. Keep things sample is the key word. Plot location is great. Great technical support. Training videos for new users access all the time is really great high standard. Really detail manual available for all function and features and it's easy to access. Mobile and iPad version is great feature.

What do you dislike?

Size of IDTags is one 100kb is not ideal. It's to small for comfortable use. Sometimes a bit slow due to web platform, but nothing crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully recommend.

Keep maintenance of our buildings in one system and really sample. Maintenance log track, preventative maintenance. QR codes.

"HIPPO great program"

What do you like best?

I got my training with Mel Motoch and she has always been so helpful. She explains things thoroughly and accurately. She makes sure you fully understand the "why" and the "how to" of the different aspects of the program features. I really love the fact that this program is so powerful. I am still learning how to use it but it has so much potential. There are so many great features. The more I learn how to use it the more I like it.

What do you dislike?

I didn't think it was user friendly enough but when we updated to version 6 I found it a lot more user friendly,

so that would have been my only issue.

There are a few things I would like to see the program incorporate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a program that can certainly facilitate the organizational aspect and control of the different areas of maintenance in any buisiness. I like that you can keep track of everything that is happening in your enterprise. It makes it easier to keep track of and control the maintenance of everything.

We no longer have the janitors sending us work orders on paper. This is a big plus because often times these papers were being lost in transit and this made it impossible to keep track of what was being done at the schools. Now we can see how many times we get the same problem with certain repairs.

Hippo CMMS review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Hippo has helped us understand the need to track PM and breakdown info of our machines."

What do you like best?

I like the notification and email settings that to remind the technicians of the work that needs to be done. I also liked the implementation plan and execution done by Hippo personnel. Not pushy but persistent.

What do you dislike?

I do not like some parts of the interface and the difficulty in finding where to put in a new machine or adding people as resources.

We have increased our machine up time by over 20%. Hippo has allowed us to maintain our machines just with simple notifications of when machines need to be serviced. It was a positive part of the TPM program that was implemented.

Hippo CMMS review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Our service department is finally on target!"

What do you like best?

The ability to track and maintain the condition of all of our equipment. Preventative maintenance is the key to surviving with heavy equipment, and with HIPPO we are able to keep all our gear up and running.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the system could integrate with our fleet tracking software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an affordable tool for equipment maintenance then Hippo is that tool.

We are solving the issues of inventory control, preventative maintenance, and accountability of repairs. By implementing this software we have seen an increase in equipment uptime, a practical inventory supply and the ability to better schedule our mechanics time.

Hippo CMMS review by Steve  R.
Steve R.

"Great product "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for technician and service manager. Great inventory and asset tracking

What do you dislike?

Setting up new user permissions can sometimes be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, support, and ease of use compared to other CMMS software

Tracking inventory was a manual task on a weekly basis, now as parts are used they are automatically tracked. Keeping track of work orders we were using an excel based product and was easy to miss a work order.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Great system for managing facility and equipment maintenance "

What do you like best?

Scheduled and demand work orders is a great way to manage work load to ensure nothing is being missed or neglected as well as tracking time and costs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the report abilities, they are very slow and not user friendly, at this time unable to easily pull data that shows trends of work generated versus work completed.

I dislike the fact that I can't search equipment on the enterprise level for multiple buildings unless I first do an extract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product, there is room for improvement for reporting on data in the system to make it more user friendly and to show trends work load costs etc. for equipment and labour but they are working on improving this and making it more user friendly.

Standardized Preventative Maintenance for multiple sites and equipment repair cost and time spent awareness.

Hippo CMMS review by Carolina D.
Carolina D.

"Workflow management"

What do you like best?

With Hippo i can program or automate the reports when generating them. Also from my mobile device I can make updates in real time.

What do you dislike?

One of the negative things that Hippo has is that the function of predictive maintenance is not available and this has caused many delays in my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting with CMMS I highly recommend Hippo since you save a lot of money in addition to its ease of use.

The problem I could solve using Hippo I can accurately track my inventory parts. This has enabled all staff know when and how to apply new parts through the relevant vendor information.

Hippo CMMS review by Stephen  P.
Stephen P.

"Facilities Manager"

What do you like best?

I like having a central place to have work orders put in and the multi facilities capability, all staff are able to input issues and then our team can book and plan accordingly. I like that HIPPO can track costs and provide easy reports and charts to track cost and labor.

What do you dislike?

Initial input and location tracking is tedious, and as a facility changes it is hard to update in house.

managing time and allocating cost and cost control. Real time evaluation of cause and effect with time line management of repair work and construction time lines.

Hippo CMMS review by Jayson M.
Jayson M.

"Updates are a joke"

What do you like best?

The basic platform of Hippo is solid. Was a great system years ago

What do you dislike?

The updates are basically purely aesthetic and lack any real additions to capability. The updates slow down the platform and have made altering work orders slow which is very detrimental to a platform that is supposed to save time

Recommendations to others considering the product

When hippo came out it was innovative and inexpensive. Now there are several platforms out there that are the same price however provide more features and functionality.

managing work requests from several different departments. Managing costs of labour and inventory.

"Lodge Manager"

What do you like best?

Time tracking and being able to know what our guys have completed and whats stil sitting out there.

What do you dislike?

Reporting and not being able to edit completed work orders

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easier to pull reports out for billing and make completed work so admin users can edit them. If one of our guys codes it to the wrong place we need to be able to recode it. Right now I have to review every work order so I can make sure its coded correctly.

Billing is way better

Hippo CMMS review by Jim A.
Jim A.

"Hippo user review"

What do you like best?

I like that HIPPO is easy for our customers to enter their work requests.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the device name is the key identifier for equipment this make it very difficult to manage device like hospital beds for example when there are hundreds of them. Something like an asset number would be a far better identifier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think HIPPO is a good tool to basic maintenance management.

HIPPO helps us manage maintenance work in multiple sites. Allowing us to see what work is requested and what's being completed remotely.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Okay, there are somethings that could be better."

What do you like best?

There is the option to have multiple locations and user types.

What do you dislike?

There is no mobile application. I cannot setup preventative maintenance schedule based on the last service date. I do not like how I cannot run a maintenance history on a curtain time generated. I do not like I cannot run a report on the time I change not started to in progress to waiting on parts to invoicing to complete. It is only time of completion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does not have a mobile application. It only has a mobile site you can access on the internet on a mobile device. The mobile site looks completely different from the desktop site.

I do not have employees calling me. Work orders are more organized.

Hippo CMMS review by Clifton K.
Clifton K.

"Hippo CMMS - Nice Price Point, Great Value, Easy User Interface, In depth Modules"

What do you like best?

Two things I like best - The price point (fraction of other CMMS), the user interface and the ease of support.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the rare, but untimely server issues. Guess it can't be perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other, more complete systems out there. But when comparing price point to features, this CANNOT be beat.

Before we implemented Hippo, we had no PM program to speak of. Now, not only do we have a PM program, but we also have a Predictive maintenance capability, strictly because of the date we have gathered.

Hippo CMMS review by William S.
William S.

"Solid CMMS"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. I like the different options: dashboard, list, etc.

What do you dislike?

Poor mobile support. It would be really nice to be able to walk around the restaurant with a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great way to record all your work orders.

It's nice to have a consistent way to communicate facilities needs.

Hippo CMMS review by Harvinder G.
Harvinder G.

"Perfect System for Maintenance "

What do you like best?

None of the software is best, each have few deficiencies. But, Hippo is very easy to use, apply and simple in construction. Best thing i like about hippo is team hippo, service support from hippo team and the way you guys respond and followup time to time.

What do you dislike?

At this moment its hard to say about dislikes, yes we can say improvements are needed in few areas.

Most important was scheduled maintenance and inventory. Before, I always had low inventory issues which are solved now.

Hippo CMMS review by Reynold P.
Reynold P.

"Hippo CMMS Software"

What do you like best?

User Friendly and easily adaptable for any type of Use. Easy to access support when having issues.

What do you dislike?

Support is not always as fast as we need.

Benefits are in the tracking and documentation of the Software. Works well for tracking on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis as needed.

Hippo CMMS review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"Program sells itself!"

What do you like best?

The preventative maintenance notice alerts to the required employees is great!

What do you dislike?

Onboarding time seems to short...not to the fault of HIPPO. Alot of info to import into the system. The more time you put into the onboarding the better the end result.

We went from all paper documentation for our preventative maintenance to scanning in our service manuals and having access to all the needed information for equipment(service manual, LOTO, parts list) at the equipment with the use of web based program.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"I found it to be very informative and learned some new things."

What do you like best?

I like the easy navigation of the website and the software is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Uploaded wrong picture for screenshot but unable to go back and change. Does not have standardized templates for equipment task on common pieces of equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo CMMS is a great program for managing the owners assets, documenting service provider and internal PM work. We also are very happy with web based software and mobile applications that allow data input almost anywhere.

Better documentation of resources work history.

Hippo CMMS review by Gary F.
Gary F.

"New to CMMS"

What do you like best?

Its pretty easy to use and train other people to use.

What do you dislike?

We understand they are growing and have hiccups. There are a few things we are requesting that they are hopefully working on.

We are addressing downtime issues on a scheduled basis and we are able to generate reports properly.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"HippoCMMS - A great help to a growing company"

What do you like best?

Very easy to start a rudimentary system and begin completing scheduled and unscheduled work.

What do you dislike?

The interface between enterprise and facility when you are only using one facility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a good hierarchy of your equipment and collect all your data before onboarding and you will have a good system to use in a matter of days.

We are just starting to track cost and inventory for our planned maintenance activities. It helps with ordering and makes accounting happier.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Great customer service, prompt replies"

What do you like best?

We use HIPPO mainly for the work order requests. This system works well for us and provides the reporting and data we need. We haven't used the other features yet.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if HIPPO had a feature to add a photo to a work order request. As we looked at the inventory component, it would be nice if that could be set up with a vendor so that ordering can be done automatically when a product reaches it threshold.

Prior to HIPPo all work orders were emailed which was cumbersome and couldn't track or have proper follow up. By all requests comin into one organized system, it has freed up man hours and provided needed reporting functions

Hippo CMMS review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"excellent experience"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and functionally it is just as good as high end programs

What do you dislike?

It is sort of difficult to run reports exactly the way you would like to see them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have all your information ready up front and be prepared to make changes as you go. Do not look at this as you have all the answers use the tech support and follow their recommendations when using this program

PM tracking, inventory, cost controls,

"Efficient CMMS"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and can be customized according to business needs and size

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have worked on numerous different platforms for CMMS's. This is a very detailed and easy system use for a requester.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions with all vendors you are considering. Compare with HIPPO and you will be amazed

The system gives me the ability to monitor the production of our workers and vendors. This gives me the real time notification every time a work order is requested and when it has been approved. It also gives me notifications every time one of our employees and vendors does any work to towards the work order. This can also be customized to fit my needs.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Hippo extended our introductory period to try and ensure that the people in charge of the on-site roll out were capable of performing the task.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure seems a bit uncertain. When asking for a quote for a sister site they were unable to tell me exactly how the price is constructed (is it by sq. ft., no. of buildings, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your team is capable and has the time to implement the software. Half focus is not sufficient when starting out.

Streamlining maintenance and implementing preventative maintenance. Hippo focuses/reminds our maintenance department on the key tasks that need to be completed this week/month etc. to prevent downtime.

Hippo CMMS review by Charlie O.
Charlie O.

"Surprised by how easy Hippo is to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, but with endless options. Won over our PM Engineers.

What do you dislike?

Having to save constantly, no auto save function

Keeping up with PM Work, tracking work performed by asset as well as historical cost by asset.

Hippo CMMS review by Rapahel T.
Rapahel T.

"Raphael Thomas; Gateway Community Services"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I have documentation for work requests and I no longer have to investigate staff claiming to have report a need when they really didn't.

What do you dislike?

I do have seem to have all the functions available on the mobile as I do on the desk top.

my department received a grade of outstanding during the agency's CARF Certification review because we were able to show documentation of reported work order and vehicle maintenance.

Hippo CMMS review by Dusty R.
Dusty R.

"Very Pleased with the System"

What do you like best?

We have multiple personnel that use the system and it has allowed us to follow the progress of repairs and maintenance very well. We are still implementing the system fully but it has been a great addition to our process.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is a little difficult to navigate to pull old data. With time we will be able to adjust and build reporting as needed

Maintenance tracking and damaged equipment tracking and repair time

Hippo CMMS review by jessica j.
jessica j.

"operations manager"

What do you like best?

how easy it is to use and manage. I can keep track of work items and PMS very easily

What do you dislike?

sometimes it is slow. the main page sometimes freezes

sometimes hard to enter users

Hippo CMMS review by Jerry B.
Jerry B.

"Hippo CMMS is a simple, user friendly platform."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and navigation around the site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to understand the best process for reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing to add.

Managing work orders and understanding maintenance related labor costs.

Hippo CMMS review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"New customer, still onboarding"

What do you like best?

Hippo seems to be an excellent value when stacked up against their competitors. Their customer service is top notch and one of the best I worked with during our search for software.

What do you dislike?

It is still very early in our process. I have not experienced any hurdles yet.

Our biggest discovery so far is we are learning what exactly our maintenance department days look like.

Hippo CMMS review by Mike E.
Mike E.

"Very Satisfied!!!!"

What do you like best?

We are only one month into our implementation of the system and we're already seeing the benefits. Very user friendly, streamlined, and our experience with technical support has been top notch!!!

What do you dislike?

I wish you can search a work order by equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch now.

The two biggest issues we are tackling are communication and being organized. The system has helped tremendously with both issues.

Hippo CMMS review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"A program that will help keep your department organized"

What do you like best?

The ability to track each piece of equipment individually

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a section were you could write notes about each machine

Cap Ex Justification

"Great & User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of setup and user friendliness. Our staff are extremely happy with the ease at which it is to use the system.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across any glaring faults with Hippo. Our engineering staff and employees we have rolled it out to for demand work orders have nothing but great things to say about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more user-friendly than any other work order system I have used

The organization of equipment, parts, PMs and Demand WO's has greatly help us streamline our building services. Rolling the system out to employees has greatly improved our communication/productivity.

Hippo CMMS review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Manager of Maintenance and Enviromental"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, notification process through email. Price also plays a big role on this selection.

What do you dislike?

I can not collect data or values under the DATA column of the work order task field. I have to document all as founds or values in the summary section of the work order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good price

I track all Environmental Regulatory requirements with Hippo

"Hippo Review "

What do you like best?

Easy user interface and visually pleasing screens on the different levels of the software. Newly added KPI dashboard is very helpful and intuitive for a quick look at what is going on at the facility.

What do you dislike?

Minimal incorporation of the calendar feature, does not work well with internet explorer.

Cost and maintenance tracking, work order closure time frame

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Multi featured, but steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the flexibility in identifying multiple incremental areas within any defined part of the facility. Great time saver.

What do you dislike?

The change to not allowing multiple users in a single browser is easily the most annoying and frustrating bit of programming with Hippo. Our department has 6 maintenance personnel, and each member must log in separately with each access to Hippo in order to do their work. A tremendous waste of time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying

The ability to have multiple departments access Hippo themselves, without having to direct everything to a single department is very convenient.

Hippo CMMS review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Vast improvement over our previous manual system"

What do you like best?

Easy to report, log and track work orders. Excellent system for preventative maintenance scheduling.

What do you dislike?

Should allow requesters to take photos, and taking a photo to attach to a WO request should be a one click button.

Far better visibility of the outstanding jobs to be done by Engineering, leading to a greater understanding of the requirements of our Engineering department.

"Hippo CMMS Review"

What do you like best?

Cost of the program is very competitive and the features compare very well with other more expensive software.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to track individual resources hours by project and trade to asses productivity.

The software has helped track projects that might otherwise get forgotten or abandoned. As well as keep permanent record of labor for HOA accounting.

Hippo CMMS review by Damond  A.
Damond A.

"VERY STREAM LINE PROGRAM THAT HELPS WITH TASK "

What do you like best?

I like the heads up notifications that it gives when a pm and or a task is due

What do you dislike?

when i do not have the credentials to change some things in the system because i am not the administrator

we are solving on time pm demands we are also making our work performance better between both facilities .

Hippo CMMS review by terry b.
terry b.

"terrys "

What do you like best?

being able to use this and review if need to work orders to see what was done

What do you dislike?

as of today i can not log in to hippo do not know what went wrong this is the second time it has happened

lots of work orders it is helpping a lot to solve issues at different job sites

Hippo CMMS review by Shawn H.
Shawn H.

"Director of Operation have seen improvement in Pm from my Maintenance team"

What do you like best?

Easy access follow up emails when tasks have been completed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing system is easy and help us improve or factories uptime

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will help you improve up time in your facilitation and accountability through you maintenance or facilities teams

Hippo allowed us to improve up time by 40% in our facility this year

Hippo CMMS review by Dusty  R.
Dusty R.

"Great Program Easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for multiple users. Mobile usage, direct notification to group of persons

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little difficult to pull all data. The extract section of the program is difficult to understand.

Damaged equipment timely reporting. Use the program to track turnaround time on damaged equipment. From time of notification to time of repair.

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Good Product that needs a little more."

What do you like best?

The program is great to use for setting up PM schedules and getting a maintenance program going. It was quite easy to use when setting up for the first time. The support team was helpful in getting us setup for the first time.

What do you dislike?

The web app was really nice, but was dependent on wifi or network. This was not helpful at my facility. The ability to upload photos was nice, but wouldnt print out with the work orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for smaller companies

PM schedules were the biggest problem we wanted to solve.

Hippo CMMS review by Mohammad L.
Mohammad L.

"The year I Used Hippo helped keep the equipment up and running with less down time."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the build up of your program as you go. Also the ability to get everyone in the organization to be part of the idea of preventive maintenance.

What do you dislike?

Starting from scratch is always hard but in the long run it is worth it.

keeping up with preventive maintenance

"easy to impliment"

What do you like best?

Once purchased the setup was easy and it has been reliable since.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the product does not tie into active directory. It would be beneficial to have the authentication take place automatically by doing so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy, cost effective and usefull

Cost effective maintenance facilities ticketing system

Hippo CMMS review by John M.
John M.

"User friendliness "

What do you like best?

Hippo has been the extremely easy to get up and running and my staff has easily adapted to it with little training.

What do you dislike?

Tech support 24/7 I would also like the ability to have statements added to all work orders for quality assurance reasons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need 24 hour support may not be for you. System is simple but if you have high turnover support is not available after hours.

Honing in on mechanical issue that create down time.

Hippo CMMS review by Gilles  C.
Gilles C.

"so far so good"

What do you like best?

ease of acces to all my informations and the way everuithing is set up clearly and easy to understand. Really user freindly

What do you dislike?

nothing I just like absolutely everithing about this product it has changed my life completely

Saving a lot of time and cutting time on uneccessary meetings

Hippo CMMS review by Christopher J.
Christopher J.

"Why Hippo CMMS works for us"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation throughout the site.

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing that I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo CMMS has been an ideal tool for our Operations team.

A better control of our equipment has been realized since the first day.

I can find all my equipment and locations with ease.

Hippo CMMS review by James B.
James B.

"Very efficient "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that many aspects of a company can be recorded in the program

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike as it has been a very good program

We are seeing a more ordered set of work orders as well as asset records

Hippo CMMS review by Administrator

"Looking for the right Fit for our CMMS needs"

What do you like best?

Its easy interface. Its simple and functional with all the important elements needed. The HIPPO rep was very helpful and patient with us as we have not used a CMMS program before and they offered great advice and support through our decision making process.

What do you dislike?

So far we like everything we have seen in the HIPPO CMMS

We have a need for Preventative maintenance. As we continue to grow and add new equipment preventative maintenance of our Equipment and vehicles is very important to maintaining customer satisfaction

Administrator in Hospitality

"Easy to use and intuitive."

What do you like best?

Hippo CMMS is easy to use. You don't have to be IT expert to use this system. The dashboard most especially is helpful.

What do you dislike?

There would be occasional glitches, but they are not so common.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is easy to use.

Work order, project, tracking.

Hippo CMMS review by Antron M.
Antron M.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like that you can go back and forth and check your work orders and assign them.

What do you dislike?

Probably the only thing that I don't like is that it freezes up every now and then.

Work related issues, they're not really problems just helps keep them logged.

Hippo CMMS review by User

"Hippo review"

What do you like best?

User friendly and ability to issue work orders for immediate repairs of facility

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was an inventory of parts on hand feature; c