Hire by Google

Hire brings the power of Google to recruiting. It is an easy-to-use recruiting application that helps small to medium business to distribute jobs, identify and attract candidates, build strong relationships, and efficiently manage the interview process – using the familiar Google solutions such as Google Search, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Hangouts.

Work for Hire by Google?

Learning about Hire by Google?

Hire by Google Reviews

Ask Hire by Google a Question
Showing 32 Hire by Google reviews
Hire by Google review by Nida A.
Nida A.

"A Recruiter's Best Friend!"

What do you like best?

Integration with G Suite is seamless; the many options of adding processes and creating templates are key to the upsides of this program. It makes reviewing, scheduling, messaging, and archival a breeze. Price is beyond fair - a great investment, especially for companies looking for a quick and easy ATS. The messaging feature via comments is a great tool for instant notification - hiring managers and collaborators receive updated info in real time. The set-up takes less than 5 business days, but does require an existing paid domain with G Suite, so be sure your company already has one in place; otherwise, this will be an extra (first) steps in the process.

What do you dislike?

Limited reporting features; cannot create custom reports to produce data that we need for our internal reporting and cost analysis. Limited access - dictated by domain - is another dislike. Collaborators MUST be on the same domain to participate, receive invites, messages, communicate, etc. At least open it up to those with a gmail address. Messaging via @ comment should also be opened up to others who also use Gmail or GSuite, regardless of domain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you already use G Suite, this is a no-brainer to have/use for your hiring and recruitment. Be sure your G Suite domain is a paid account as its required for Hire

Reducing our carbon footprint and reducing time spent looking through hordes of emails to try to remember what one did or said, or where the candidate is in the process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hire by Google
Hire by Google review by Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.

"Clean, easy-to-use, and integrated ATS that is continuously improving"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google apps, strong search capabilities, unique links for different job boards, the fact that they're continuously improving and adding to the product.

What do you dislike?

There's often multiple ways to do things (which can also be a plus), but sometimes it can be confusing when trying to show other team members how to use. There is also very little opportunities for customization on the application - but I know this is something they're working on!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product if you're moving from no or most ATSs. If you currently using a super-customizable ATS ($$$), this might not be the right fit. But Google Hire works for most needs and has so many amazing integrations. We have yet to take advantage of these, but I see this product dominating the space soon...

Providing a single platform to manage the hiring process - previously, different departments managed the hiring process differently to ensure information was shared and captured to their needs. Google Hire works for everyone.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Hire by Google review by Chanel K.
Chanel K.

"Fast and effective."

What do you like best?

While there are some key application features missing (but we have been notified that new features will be released with the new year), Hire has an incredibly easy and fast application process which we feel has influenced a significant increase in our candidate pool.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, there are some key application features that we do need in order to capture important information on candidates more efficiently. There needs to be a questionnaire that applicants are automatically prompted to complete regarding citizenship, felony convictions, referrals, etc. This should be implemented as soon as possible (again, we have been told it is a priority)!

The ease of the application process has shown an increase in applicants. Our team has been pushed to communicate within the Hire system, which has eliminated emails going back and forth. The function that allows the team to add notes on applicants and the email tracking feature has been very helpful to know where a recruiter or Hiring Manager left off with any individual.

Hire by Google review by Asher P.
Asher P.

"Easy to Use and Inexpensive!"

What do you like best?

The best part of Hire is that it is fully integrated with all GSuite tools. That means I don't have to copy and paste into emails or calendar invitations as I schedule and communicate about candidates. This saves me a ton of time. In addition, all of our GSuite users at our company are automatically provided access by simply selecting them as part of the hiring team. There are many customizations and they are adding more all the time.

What do you dislike?

There are a few just little quirky things that I have provided feedback on like not being able to add Excel docs or GDoc links to the Documents section of a candidate profile. But I have provided that feedback and I predict those will come soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use the GSuite, this is a great tool!

Hire is our ATS and saves me tons of time recruiting and creates seamless communication across the hiring team.

Hire by Google review by Christine H.
Christine H.

"GoogleHire is very user friendly, effective, and efficient! "

What do you like best?

I appreciate that as a Recruiter that the communication between not only myself with the candidate but also the hiring team automatically filters the history into the candidate profile! It is so helpful to be in a position where you can refer back to any conversations that have taken place with the candidate especially being a Global company where one of the Recruiters on my team is 7 hours ahead of me and the other Recruiter is 5 hours behind me so with the various timezones... we are all in sync with full transparency! I also appreciate the reminders provided 30 mins prior to the interview along with the request for feedback following! Brilliant!

What do you dislike?

We have been using GoogleHire for one year now and the system continues to enhance features as they grow which I appreciate. The more recent function which has recently been added has been the search/sourcing feature which has been a great add! Love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend GoogleHire due to it's ease of use, efficiencies built into the system, and the transparency provided amongst the hiring managers and recruiters!

The benefits of being on Gmail and Zoom having all of the systems sync has been so efficient/ effective!

Hire by Google review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Ideal for early stage start-ups"

What do you like best?

If you're a recruiter-on-a-budget working for an early stage startup, Hire is a great product compared to its competitors since it's quite cheap (3K / year) and syncs with G-Suite (it makes it easy to set up and get buy-in from your hiring team). I would definitely recommend it in that case.

What do you dislike?

Many important features are missing (no proper scorecard, no interview kit, analytics are a joke, etc.). Also, the UX is not the best - so hiring managers need quite a bit of support at the beginning to be able to use it properly.

If you are at a stage where you can spend a bit more money and where you need to improve the quality of your hiring process (like us), Hire is probably not the right ATS.

Hire makes it easier to schedule interviews!

Hire by Google review by Angela P.
Angela P.

"Easy to use and helpful to a less professional hiring team"

What do you like best?

I like that the system keeps your communication in a complete thread, so you do not have to go looking for information.

What do you dislike?

I think a salary field that can be restricted to just hiring team and not reviewers would be helpful.

Our prior hiring was using a spreadsheet, which meant taking resumes from an inbound email group, lodging them on Drive, linking them to the sheet and then trying to get staff to take time to review. It was messy and difficult. Since implementing Hire, everything is much easier for my team and they in fact use the service well.

Hire by Google review by Jaime C.
Jaime C.

"Hire by Google is the best thing since Google"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, full integration with Gsuite, the amazing Hire team.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't get a Hire by Google t-shirt so everyone knows I'm a fan ;-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're company runs on G-Suite then Hire by Google is the best way to run your ATS needs .

Cost was the first hurdle Hire by Google solved instantly, full integration is the other disconnect it solved. The most noticeable benefit are hiring managers jumping in without being prompted to help manage their own candidates - They say they actually enjoy using the product.

Hire by Google review by User

"Google Hire is great for recruiting!"

What do you like best?

Google Hire is great to use for recruiting. It is easy to use and each individual in the company can sign in with their company email to see how each candidate for a certain position is progressing along. It's great to use for sourcing as well, as you can add candidates as "Prospective" without a resume on hand.

What do you dislike?

If a candidate has multiple emails, it is easily possible to make duplicate candidates for each email address given.

We are a start up and adding candidates to our database as we reach out to them. This is great to differentiate between candidates who applied online themselves and candidates we reached out to ourselves.

Hire by Google review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"Good product that needs some improvement"

What do you like best?

Having a central place for resumes, feedback and scheduling interviews is incredibly useful, especially when it integrates with Gmail and GCal so easily.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to lookup my past interviews for notes, questions I asked. It's very finicking whether anyone appears on my schedule in the app even though I have a meeting invite for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good implementation of a interview tracker. Some issues with going through past interviews.

A centralized place for interview feedback from multiple interviewers.

Hire by Google review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"We recently just adopted Hire by Google and I'm really enjoying it"

What do you like best?

This software is far better than any other hiring software that we've used. We just recently adopted it, and I'm currently interviewing for a position at our company. Seeing the applications come through, the ability for individual users to leave notes, and the process of evaluating the candidates is really easy and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think it can be hard to figure out how to get back to certain pages once you're already clicked into the candidate. I would recommend trying to ease the navigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! I really love the product, and my only compliant would be making the navigation a little easier when reviewing multiple candidates. Other than that, I have nothing but positive experiences using Hire by Google.

Hiring! We're currently hiring many roles, and I'm the hiring manager on some, but not all. I enjoy the different experiences that are offered depending how involved you are with selecting the candidate to hire.

Hire by Google review by Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.

"Awesome!!!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, works with all of our users automatically through our google account. It's so easy to sort candidates and keep track of where they are at in the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I wish that google hire could auto publish to more sites besides just indeed and glassdoor. Craigslist would be good!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just say yes. This software is well worth it's weight for tracking applicants. I highly recommend it!

Google Hire has been amazing for keeping track of candidates, in the past they all just went into my email and got lost very easily. Now I can keep track of all conversations, candidates, resumes, sources etc easily in one place. I love it!

Hire by Google review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Using Hire by Google."

What do you like best?

I love how Hire has the ability to integrate with many job posting sites. Having the ease of viewing all of the different posting sites in one queue is really helpful and allows review time to be a fraction of what it once was. Not having to sign into four plus different sites really helps.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like about it. I wish that there was the ability to create a custom feedback form that needs specific criteria about the candidate.

We are using it to cut back on the time spent reviewing multiple application sites, and streamlining it to be in one place.

Hire by Google review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Not perfect, but getting close!"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with our other Google products. I like the intuitiveness of the product.

What do you dislike?

Some pretty obvious things (like seeing if someone was referred) were not available until last week, so we struggled a bit in the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask EVERY question and take nothing for granted, because they're brand new in the ATS game!

We've eliminated many steps in our hiring process. For example, in our old system (Taleo), it took us two steps to reject someone: send the rejection email and change the candidate's status to "rejected." Now, we can do it all in basically one click!

Hire by Google review by Agency
Agency

"Customer Service is not very helpful"

What do you like best?

I liked the way the videos shows it to work. The way it intergrated with GSuite

What do you dislike?

When asking how it would work for my 3rd party recruiting company, they said "IT MIGHT WORK, but I would have to make a lot of changes". But did not offer a trial and said I would have to sign a 1 yr contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your not sure if this product will work with your company, be advised they do not offer a trial, it might work yet it might not and you will have to sign a 1 year contract. And if it does not work for your company, you will be stuck in a contract, no exceptions.

I would have benefited by having everything intergrated together.

Hire by Google review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Easy to use and great for groups"

What do you like best?

The best part is how easy this software makes collaboration. It makes scheduling and rating potential employees incredibly easy, even if working remotely or in different locations.

What do you dislike?

It is problemactic for some potential employees who can't use certain google docs and sites, which makes it harder for many parties to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system if you are already a google user, and have other google applications in place already.

It has eliminated many of the steps in reviewing and corresponding with potential applicants. r Since it works with gmail and also google calendar, it integrates these pieces together when talking with applicants and also the other people involved in hiring. Rather than having to do three separate steps just to schedule an interview, it manages it seamlessly.

Hire by Google review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Organized: It is easy to use and makes it easy to keep all of my applicants in one place."

What do you like best?

I can post to different job boards and I am able to keep all of my applicants organized in one place without having to view different job boards.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to have an automated email be sent out to applicants as soon as they apply.

We are solving the issue of having to view all the different job boards that we have posted on in order to review applicants. It has been beneficial keeping track of where all of our applicants are at in the hiring process.

Hire by Google review by Craig M.
Craig M.

"Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

The integration into GSuite as well as the intuitiveness of the product, it's so simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but I actually prefer that.

Collaborative, quick decision making.

Hire by Google review by Jillian S.
Jillian S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Great that it is integrated with our g suite and we can follow communication easily

What do you dislike?

The job posting function through indeed.com does not provide the "apply now" button to applicants. This resulted in our company losing 95% applicant flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hard to use if you are a company that supports a lot of different business's

Easy tracking and keeping up with our candidates. Easy to pull from a pull of candidates for a position.

Hire by Google review by User in Financial Services

"Better than everything in its class and much more affordable than other full-featured alternatives."

What do you like best?

Love the integration with Gmail and that they regularly release new features. It's also much more affordable than the alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Still have a lot of features to develop, so other products like Lever/Greenhouse will allow for much more customization/integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need the customizations of other platforms (which you probably don't), Hire is amazing.

Recruiting candidates across all functions of the business.

Hire by Google review by Administrator

"My Google Hire experience has been good! "

What do you like best?

I like the seamless integration with Gmail and Google calendar. It's easy for everyone to stay on the same page.

What do you dislike?

The Feedback portion is a little confusing. I wish you could tell which feedback was Phone vs. Onsite feedback (when there's the distribution of 1, 2, 3, 4).

The email integration is the biggest plus. It's easier for everyone tos tay on the same page.

Hire by Google review by Administrator

"So easy to schedule interviews"

What do you like best?

Google Hire syncs with your google calendar which makes scheduling an interview so easy and quick. Google Hire sends out email reminders to the interviewers before the interview starts and reminds the interviewer to fill in feedback after the interview ends.

What do you dislike?

Thats you ca't add hyperlinks in the calendar invitations. and the date format would be nice to change

better overview of candidates, and quicker recruitment process. hiring manager also have better overview of the candidates, they can leave their comments and feedback to refer back to

Hire by Google review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall very user friendly, but could use more customization options"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and connection to Gmail.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of things I wish I could customize that the system does not have the functionality to do.

Hire has helped me stay organized and it has been easier to get Hiring Managers to use the tool due to their familiarity with the G Suite.

Hire by Google review by Lucretia K.
Lucretia K.

"I think Google Hire is great if utilizing it for a small business. "

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that the same applicant can apply multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Google Hire.

Our staffing needs have reduced since implementing google hire.

Hire by Google review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I love that Hire is optimized with Google search.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the templates used for note taking and such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you post as much information in your listings as possible to draw a bigger crowd to your listings

I was having a problem keeping up with all the sites that offer job listings that I was listing on. Using Hire has given me a bigger outreach and it has kept everything organized with each individual candidate.

Hire by Google review by Laurie  S.
Laurie S.

"Hire by Google is a great product "

What do you like best?

Great value for its functionality. Very easy to use .

What do you dislike?

Would like more sorting filters. Updates seem somewhat redundant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider before choosing another system.

Keeps candidate profiles organized and up to date.

Hire by Google review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Missing customization which is problematic"

What do you like best?

Integration with G Suite, accessibility on mobile while work traveling.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customization. 1) we can't change an interview process once it's already selected for a certain job req, 2) we can't add custom questions like work authorization or location to the applications candidates fill out, 3) we can't add attachments to email templates, etc.

We didn't have a problem with our previous ATS (Lever), we were just curious about Google Hire.

Hire by Google review by User

"Another great Google product!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the fact that it works seamlessly with other Google products for a truly flawless hiring process!

What do you dislike?

There wasn't a whole lot that I disliked about the product, possibly the fact that the interface could use a facelift but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommend!

It provides the ability to keep all of my applicants for each job posting organized and sorted by how I want them sorted.

Hire by Google review by Danielle W.
Danielle W.

"New user"

What do you like best?

Simple interface makes it easy to sort candidates and collaborate with hiring team.

What do you dislike?

Too many notifications - should be able to save search views for candidates.

Tracking hiring process

"Hire"

What do you like best?

Integrations with google calendar and google mail, UI

What do you dislike?

Easy to lose your place in workflow, easy to lose track of to-do items, lack of privacy setting for salary/benefits discussion in the offer process.

Tracking job applications and recruiting efforts

"Great Product "

What do you like best?

I love that it keeps track of all the correspondence.

What do you dislike?

That i can't view a resume once its been moved to hired

we've become more efficient with our recruiting process

Hire by Google review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"classic google experience"

What do you like best?

ease of use, simplicity of design, familiar flow

What do you dislike?

search capability is not as expansive yet

recruiting and database management. being linked to google suite makes the process seamless

Learning about Hire by Google?

* We monitor all Hire by Google reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.