HireRight

HireRight is a leading provider of on-demand employment background checks, drug testing, Form I-9 and employment and education verifications.

Work for HireRight?

Learning about HireRight?

HireRight Reviews

Ask HireRight a Question
Showing 65 HireRight reviews
HireRight review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Does the job, customer service is sub par"

What do you like best?

We use HireRight for employee screening and drug testing. I like that it is easy to use, signing up an employee is easy, all you need is the name and email address, choose the service and send it off. It works well for American based employees who have never lived or studied anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service leaves much to be desired. It is very frustrating trying to contact them, chat especially, and when you finally do it is like pulling teeth. It takes forever to get a straight answer. The most frustrating part is if you are transferred to a new person for help you have to explain everything all over again. If an employee has an international background their service can be a bit slow, based on the difficulty of getting the information, but what I find frustrating is when they ask an employee fot documentation I have to chase hireright to review the documents they send, they can sit there for days without review and really delay the process.

It takes one step of bringing in a new employee of our plates and ensures it is done to legal standards.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HireRight
HireRight review by <span>Alyssa B.</span>
Alyssa B.

"Consider Other Background Check Vendors"

What do you like best?

From a new hire and user experience perspective, the HireRight tool is very easy to use. I have experience both the on the new hire side and the customer/user side in HR. It is easy to use and understand as a new hire and user platform is easy and putting in orders is easy.

What do you dislike?

I must say there is more I dislike about HireRight than I like. We have had issues with them contacting references repeatedly and at odd hours. Their customer service leaves room to be desired with post account reps and customer support. We often have to wait days for a response to urgent issues. It was unable to integrate successfully with our ATS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest considering other background check companies. We plan to switch when we have time to do an RFP to make a switch.

New hires rarely run into issues with using the tool to input their information for background checks. They solve our business need of having to run background checks in a timely fashion.

What Background Check solution do you use?

HireRight review by <span>Vicki S.</span>
Vicki S.

"Have used multiple background screening vendors"

What do you like best?

We have been using HireRight for about a year and everything seems to be going smoothly more or less. We are having a much better experience, customer service, and quicker turn around time compared to our last vendor, which is why we switched in the first place.

What do you dislike?

I think there’s a balance between getting the check done quickly and getting it done thoroughly. Sometimes I wish a stronger attempt was made at confirming information, instead of just writing it off as completed without actually confirming some of the provided by a candidate.

We are having a much better experience, customer service, and quicker turn around time compared to our last vendor, which is why we switched in the first place. Have not had nearly as many issues so we are spending less time managing the vendor which is great.

HireRight review by <span>Michelle S.</span>
Michelle S.

"User-friendly Product"

What do you like best?

HireRight is extremely easy to use. I used it several times when I was completing background checks on new hires. It was very easy to navigate through and you also would get the results of the background check back very quick.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything I extremely disliked about it. The only thing that I can think of was you have a lot of options of different background checks that you can do and sometimes it's very confusing which one to select. I would say it'd be helpful if there was more narrowed down descriptions of the types of background checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use! If you're looking to speed up the background check process, this is something that I would recommend for your company.

It provided a quick, effective way to run background checks.

HireRight review by <span>Jess P.</span>
Jess P.

"HireRight - background and MVR Checks made (mostly) simple"

What do you like best?

I like that I can batch upload to the program to blast out invites for personal info rather than initiating one by one. I like the automation

What do you dislike?

The reporting leaves much to be desired. For instance there is no email address on reporting - it makes reconciliation in the instance that you are doing batches a bear.

Being able to manage risk compliance with regards to various parts of the business through automated email blasts and an auto schedule is great. Definitely a time saver and makes us feel more protected risk wise.

HireRight review by <span>Liz N.</span>
Liz N.

"Great screening vendor!"

What do you like best?

I love that HireRight is integrated with our Taleo ATS. It makes requesting and accessing reports very easy.

No extra logins to remember. The turnaround time from HireRight has been great overall. Reports come back fairly quickly. And the few times that I've had an issue, I've been able to contact them and they were always able to resolve my issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything that I don't like about HireRight so far. Everything meets our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great vendor. Customer service has been great so far also.

No big business problems.

Learning about HireRight?

* We monitor all HireRight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.