HireSelect

Criteria Corp provides an online pre-employment testing services that allows companies and organizations of all sizes to incorporate professionally developed pre-employment tests into their hiring process, in order to make more informed hiring decisions.

Work for HireSelect?

Learning about HireSelect?

HireSelect Reviews

Ask HireSelect a Question
Showing 28 HireSelect reviews
HireSelect review by Brandi B.
Brandi B.

"Awesome Hiring Tool"

What do you like best?

I really do find that these assessments help dig into candidates more before we make a hiring decision. I think especially the personality report. You can see if that person would be a good fit for you team or not at all. Just because someone is in sales their whole life doesn't mean they actually enjoy it and are thriving. The cognitive assessment portion I see more valuable for entry level candidates and that definitely helps find a good fit that can do a lot for the team. It also connects to our ATS system which is nice I don't always have to go through the website.

What do you dislike?

I do feel that it very tailored to the US. We do use this to hire in other countries and find ourselves having a harder time actually getting people to pass the assessment. I do wish that the verification assessment could be sent through our ATS system as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like this product to help make educated hiring decision.

This is a tool we use to evaluate candidates for hire.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HireSelect
HireSelect review by Julia B.
Julia B.

"Hireselect - Easy to Use, Quality Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Response time for our questions or problems has always been consistent and short. I really appreciate hearing back same or next day with advice on how to move forward. Additionally, the interface is very user friendly. Finally, I really enjoy the recommended behavioral interview questions that Hireselect provides based on EPP/CSAP/SAP results - these are invaluable to our hiring managers who do not have the time or training to generate questions of their own.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that Hireselect would automatically sync up with our ATS, Hirebridge. It is a bit of a pain to have to manually update everyone's scores on their verification. Plus I feel that because it is not automatic, our process is vulnerable to user error.

This solution allows us to easily evaluate candidate testing results as well as generate new tests as needed. I think the best benefit is the in depth analysis of the various traits on the EPP/CSAP/SAP that HireSelect provides. It is easy to interpret and this information is helpful to our team as we make hiring decisions.

What Pre-Employment Testing solution do you use?

HireSelect review by Frank V.
Frank V.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, and the more recent update to the UI of the tool has been appreciated. We only use Hireselect for pre-employment assessments but have had a great experience.

What do you dislike?

Reporting. I'd like to be able to run my own reports that show how many candidates have assessed. Who sent the assessment. In my case - we ask candidates to take the assessment twice so it would be beneficial to run a report to see candidates who took it two times and hehn be able to compare their two scores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There will be some growing pains with implementing any new tool but Hireselect provides great support and has been there to answer any questions that we have had.

We utilize hireselect for issuing our pre-employment assessments. I've used it for almost 3 years now and appreciate the difference int eh quality of employees the assessment helps us to hire.

HireSelect review by Kristi B.
Kristi B.

"Effective, helpful testing"

What do you like best?

I love the variety and ease of testing. I work for a company that helps career plan so the tests are very helpful to gauge skills and knowledge for a variety of positions.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more skills based tests. There are tests for Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I wish there were even more programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can make groupings of tests based on different job categories. For example, we have Customer Service test groups, Office Helper groups, Accounting, etc.

When clients want to perform office based jobs, they often don't have the necessary skills to make them competitive. This testing helps to rule out jobs that would not be a good fit.

HireSelect review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"Does the job well."

What do you like best?

Clean looking interface, it is easy to find recent testers who have completed the work.

What do you dislike?

It takes a couple of clicks to create a new administered assessment. It doesn't seem like it is a big deal, but if you use it everyday like I do it can be a little irritating. It used to be one click. Also it is obnoxious when you create a test that you don't get the event ID right away, you have to click another link to go to a list of a lot of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a powerful tool that can greatly help the recruiting process. The only snag is some applicants and a lot of hiring managers are not accustomed to testing during the hiring process

We use the cognitive assessments and behavioral assessments as an additional tool in our recruiting process. It helps cut down on heavy load job requisitions.

HireSelect review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Great Pre-Screening Tool"

What do you like best?

Allows pre-screening candidate profiles and aptitude before investing large amounts of time in interviewing, etc. Easy to use as a 1st step to separate the wheat from the chaff.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see some better customization options in testing (e.g. DiSC profiles, etc.) and also would like to see e-mail integration so that e-mails send from user's Office 365 account rather than a generic account. I had more than one e-mail intercepted by SPAM or just never went through. Read Receipts would also be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you take the time to properly configure the testing for each role. I found that the Typing Test is a really good indicator of how quickly someone can think and work - whether the role is technical or not. I recommend always testing their typing skills to get a baseline and see if you find the same to be true (I'd usually look for 35 or better - their test is WAY tougher than other typing tests IMHO, so keep that in mind). I'd also suggest taking each test yourself to get a benchmark.

Reduce time spent pre-screening candidates. It takes a little time to benchmark and really "trust" the testing, but sometimes they can be great indicators. Never 100%, but definitely a good thing to take into consideration. If someone bombs everything, it is more likely than not that you'd be wasting your time if it is a position that requires the skills tested.

HireSelect review by Tammy G.
Tammy G.

"Many tests for a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

I really like that they offer a lot of different tests but the pricing is very affordable.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tests ask very similar questions, would be nice to use one test to test for multiple characteristics. It would be tedious for candidates to answer the same types of question over and over just for our HR department to get different readings.

We already use a platform to test for culture fit, but we never knew whether the person we hire would be intelligent. We use HireSelect's CCAT test to determine the candidate's problem solving skill.

HireSelect review by Amanda I.
Amanda I.

"Intuitive Product"

What do you like best?

I like that this platform is pretty user friendly -- it's a very intuitive product that is clearly labeled and understandable. The support staff is friendly as well and is always available to answer any questions and concerns.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this platform is not mobile friendly at all. The sizing is off, it's usability goes down the tubes, it is awful on a mobile device.

We use the platform as a testing site to learn more about candidate's personalities and cognitive ability. I think that is certainly helps us delve a little deeper into each candidate then we could if we weren't using the product.

HireSelect review by Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting
Executive Sponsor in Staffing and Recruiting

"Overall happy customer"

What do you like best?

- great support from the account manager, very fast in communication

- easy to work with, very quick to set up and send out tests

- great value for a low cost

What do you dislike?

- nothing, all is as it should be

- small point for improvement is too make the tests as much as possible language independent for non-native English speakers. we have seen examples of candidates scoring lower because questions were not fully understood.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep the tool as much as possible language independent.

- quick assessment of profiles, helps the hiring manager with the interviews.

- can confirm or question findings from the interview

- can help to influence stakeholders

HireSelect review by Tove P.
Tove P.

"HireSelect Review"

What do you like best?

Hireselect has a modern dashboard that is easy to navigate. This enables us to ensure every hire we make has completed our pre-employment assessment. HireSelect enables me to send different types of assessment and provides guidance on how to interpret the results.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about HireSelect

HireSelect review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Proficient Product"

What do you like best?

We have hired several folks to our team and the analytics provided from the testing allowed us to hire someone we would have passed on if we had only reviewed the resume.

What do you dislike?

Export of multiple entries were done in portrait so comparison on results was slower

We are small startup and limited persons wearing multiple hats. This allowed quicker vetting system and able to interview top 3 candidates instead of multiple. Huge time saving and tire kickers did not complete testing so no lost time there either. Had folks who wanted to work.

HireSelect review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"HireSelect Review"

What do you like best?

It does assessments and provides results. I find it valuable to incorporate these into my hiring process.

What do you dislike?

Candidates sometimes have difficulty accessing the links and tests. Also, a better UI could be beneficial in making/scheduling tests a little easier. Also, very US/English centric.

We are incorporating assessment results into our interview and selection process. Our hires are more productive in certain areas when they score highly in particular characteristics.

HireSelect review by Jillene H.
Jillene H.

"Helpful Results"

What do you like best?

The ability to create testing profiles based on certain jobs

What do you dislike?

I would like a more in-depth computer skills test option

Able to weed out candidates that look great on paper, but aren't a great match for the position

HireSelect review by User in Internet

"I love the set up of the website, everything makes sense and is easy to find!"

What do you like best?

I really like the dashboard on HireSelect, it makes it easy to find test-taker's information and quickly view some important stats.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to see those who have started taking a test, but have not finished. It seems that there are only a couple specific ways to search for these unfinished tests.

HireSelect makes it easier for us to organize test takers' information and quickly look at all of the tests for each job.

HireSelect review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Very helpful! "

What do you like best?

The review of the results, and the detail explanation you receive about each test.

What do you dislike?

I would like a better explanations when people fail the EPP test, and they say that there are invalid results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I create a test, I am unable to have the full test scored properly. If I have a "write in the answer" portion it wont include that. I would like a way that we could adjust the scores for the test, showing the true score.

The benefits are recognizing where the individuals we choose to hire are. Knowing what there capability is on the computer, and basic skills level is.

HireSelect review by Administrator in Computer Software

"HireSelect Review"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and you dont get lost in the UI of it all. We do not honestly use the software as much as we could simply because most of what we use it for is integrated with our ATS.

What do you dislike?

The only negative side is when you are sending out assessments the icons are a little small and could have better functionality. Also, the search feature could be updated a bit but over all it is really an "easy to use" software

We use HireSelect for candidate testing. It is currently integrated with our ATS and most of our requests and results are filtered through the ATS which makes things flow a little more smoothly.

HireSelect review by Luke B.
Luke B.

"Great way to be unbiased."

What do you like best?

The personality breakdown is great to use.

What do you dislike?

I want more information on the why someone is not recommended for certain position.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good training on the products

Candidates are better suited for the positions we are hiring them for.

HireSelect review by Katarzyna (Kaska) K.
Katarzyna (Kaska) K.

"very good tool"

What do you like best?

ease of use, clear and easy navigation in system

What do you dislike?

all good, nothing that would make me dislike the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

very useful tool

setting candidates for test if they profile is invalid

"Great Recruiting Tool!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use; Hireselect makes it incredibly easy to assess user's scores and get feedback.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a little crowded.

Currently, we are working on sourcing more candidates at a quicker and easier pace. Hireselect is a great tool for this as it allows us to quickly and easily send candidates CCAT's and receive scores in order to make fast decisions.

HireSelect review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Data and Results from HireSelect"

What do you like best?

HireSelect is a great data driven test that helps us to vet and hire the right people for the job.

What do you dislike?

I would like more customization over some of the different types of questions asked. Or the ability to add additional specific type questions.

Our benefit has been able to obtain useful test data from our candidates taking the assessment.

HireSelect review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"great tool"

What do you like best?

assessments are super easy to deploy once set up

What do you dislike?

wish there were more out of the box tests

cuts down recruiting time for our team (less phone screens required)

HireSelect review by User in Computer Software

"Very Effective Recruiting Tool"

What do you like best?

It is very simple and common sense in it's setup. If you have ever used a recruiting database before it will take very little time to become comfortable.

What do you dislike?

The new beta version breakups the activities into various tabs rather than keeping them all on one timeline.

This has helped us streamline or recruiting processes and been an asset in helping the team stay aligned.

HireSelect review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Hire select allows us an efficient way to test basic skills for all candidates."

What do you like best?

There seems to be a direct correlation between the testing results and the success of our hires.

What do you dislike?

You need to be cautious about setting up enough people to receive the results (to account for system glitches).

Consistent results.

"Recruiting Manager "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy real time results with excellent reports

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike but would prefer to know how many a candidate answered vs no information.

Utilizing assessments to help with hiring decisions. Assessment is a key success indicator.

"HireSelect Review"

What do you like best?

User friendly electronic assessment that is integral to our hiring process.

What do you dislike?

Candidates can experience difficulties that sometimes cannot be explained.

Hiring qualified candidates the first time - reducing recruitment costs, turnover, etc.

HireSelect review by User in Financial Services

"Recruitment Lead"

What do you like best?

User friendly and the choice of assessments.

What do you dislike?

Entering all the details of the candidates when the candidates are already existing in Hirebridge.

Getting the right candidates (attitude & Behavior).

HireSelect review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Easy to use and customizable "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the customization of the creation of your own testing.

What do you dislike?

honestly, none that comes to my mind immediately.

testing. grading. assessing candidates.

HireSelect review by User in Computer Software

"Used when in Recruiting"

What do you like best?

Ease of pulling scores from applicants, ease of interpretation

What do you dislike?

Nothing really- worked as needed when I used it!

Filtering candidate pool further

Learning about HireSelect?

* We monitor all HireSelect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.