HireVue

Learning about HireVue?

HireVue Reviews

Ask HireVue a Question
Showing 22 HireVue reviews
HireVue review by Glenn S.
Glenn S.

"Using HireVue to screen candidates"

What do you like best?

The filters let you narrow down locations, job positions the candidate is applying for, makes it easy to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Using the app, not the web interface is somewhat difficult to rate and review, and then move onto the next candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great interface, makes is easy to filter just what you want. I can literally interview a candidate from anywhere with an internet connection.

HireVue has allowed us to pre screen those candidates that are at the top of the spectrum, as well as the lower end. Makes it easy to filter those candidates we can move onto the next stages of the hiring process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HireVue
HireVue review by Jake R.
Jake R.

"HireVue Coach - Great Platform for Video Sales Coaching"

What do you like best?

The ability to send video sales coaching sessions to my team that they can complete on-demand on their time. I can finally measure and track behavioral change of my sellers and their ability to articulate the right messaging.

I also love the ios app!

What do you dislike?

I need ability to tag feedback at certain timestamps in the session. Progress on new feature releases has been a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a sales methodology in house that you subscribe to. Also, it takes time to create videos and programs in house. Make sure that you have someone in house that can really own this tool.

We need to create stickiness with our sales training. Sales reps forget almost everything that we train them on and they need a way to practice that doesn't feel like roleplaying in front of the whole sales team.

What Video Interviewing solution do you use?

HireVue review by Administrator in International Affairs
Administrator in International Affairs

"A rather interesting but frustrating program. "

What do you like best?

I like the overall concept of Hire Vue. It's definitely the next generation of the classic "telephone interview" but gives it more of an intimate touch by allowing you to see your employers and vice versa. Also, it saves the interviewer the hassle to schedule a live meeting.

What do you dislike?

What I honestly dislike about this program is the lag. I was actually using HireVue for an interview with a client just recently, and all of the video footage was horribly lagged and garbled. Even when I attempted to fresh it, it was still pretty terrible. The auto eventually straightened itself out but the video always had an odd delay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend HireVue for other venues but only if the video issues are solved. That lag was unacceptable.

I realize that Hire Vue is a great program to use when you have candidates that are like a few states away. It makes it easier to schedule a meeting without there being much fuss. Though, I'm not exactly thrilled about how this app functions.

HireVue review by Ian W.
Ian W.

"Amazing Product a must have interview solution"

What do you like best?

Having implemented this at a number of clients now the following are some of the key positives:

Huge time saver allowing candidates to take the interviews at thier leisure and Hiring Managers / Recruiters to review at their leisure.

Great company to deal with (uber customer focused)

Strong integration to ATS providers such as Oracle Taleo, Successfactors and Cornerstone

Very simple to implement

Allows for Live and on demand interviews.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no found a thing to dislike about this product it has proved to be bullet proof and simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the opportunity to review and enhance your questioning methodology.

Be concious of how long a candidate is required to spend on the interview.

The

Has offered huge internal benefits radically reducing the time required to screen candidates and freeing up hiring managers time to be more productive.

Allowed for consistent repeatable screening this has been a problem for clients in the past due to limited use of interview guides etc.

HireVue review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Interview App for the Modern World"

What do you like best?

HireVue is a modern day solution to the problem of sifting through hundreds of resumes to find the best candidate. What I like best about HireVue is the ease of use, convenience, and on demand capabilities that it provides to both me and potential candidates. HireVue collects a digital talent pool with recorded answers to questions that I can then view on my own time at home, at work, or on the go.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about HireVue is, while convenient, I find that this application can consume as much time as in person interviews. While the goal is to increase convenience overall, I find myself re-viewing candidate submissions, and therefore debating and adjusting scores based on multiple visits. It is has to preserve the "initial impression factor" like in most traditional interviews when replays are so convenient and tempting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that while marketed as a convenient solution to sifting through candidates, this solution does become addictive and can result in even more time spent on reviewing than if done in real life, Also, I found that I lost a lot of initial impression wow factors upon being able to replay candidate videos and answers

The main business problem is application is solving is the ability to compare and evaluate multiple candidates for a position in real time and on demand. This application creates a digital talent pool which benefits the hiring manager since it enables him/her to replay, rate and contemplate candidates in the convenience of his/her own home or on the go through mobile device options.

HireVue review by Denisse R.
Denisse R.

"HireVue: Great VIdeo Interview Platform"

What do you like best?

HireVue is simple to use. It allows us to know our candidates on a deeper level.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of anything that I dislike about it at the moment.

We currently use HireVue as a platform for our candidates to submit a video interview. This allows us to get to know the candidates better before inviting them to a in person interview. It's also very convenient to screen video interviews on their app.

HireVue review by User in Information Technology and Services

"HireView Reviews"

What do you like best?

I like that this product can integrate and work with so many different products. I found HireVue extreamly useful in so many ways. I am mentioning just a few of the types of services that HireVue can work with: iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite, Avature ATS, Cornerstone OnDemand, Smashfly, Lumesse, LinkedIn Talent, Taleo Enterprise Edition (TEE), Taleo Business Edition (TBE), IBM Kenexa Brass Ring, Applitrack, Salesforce, Page Up People, WECAN, Workday. I have used videoconferencing Skype and many other tools in the past for interviewing and recruiting talented folks. But this tools was simple and allowed for me to really hone into the talent that was available to me.

Videos are built into a workflow that allows the hiring team to comment on a question by question basis across the field of candidates. Rather than hours of sequential interviews in the office, candidates can be led through structured interviews with follow up. The company can get a web cam into the hands of a candidate with extreme predictability. Great support team good at installation.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I saw was that it can be difficult to your candidate well, or evaluate their potential and more when the questions do not have to do with the requested position. It is hard to read the real personality of an individual to see if this is who you really want on your team. I have always been a very good judge of character and this is the only drawback that I see at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, great product saves time, but I would still recommend highly that you interview any candidate that you are interested in, in person. You always need to confirm your gut feeling about how a person answers questions on a video.

Tired of having to schedule interviews,and pay tons of cash to fly candidates out to meet with you.

HireVue review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Great time saver, both for employers and candidates"

What do you like best?

I love that candidates can schedule their video interview whenever it's good for them, and I can review the responses, and send select candidates to the hiring manager or executive team before bringing them in for a face to face interview.

What do you dislike?

The platform is expensive. I wish it were less expensive.

Scheduling with the execs is very difficult. Syncing up the candidates schedule the short windows my execs have has been a challenge and with this program, I can send worthy candidates for the execs to review in their spare time.

HireVue review by Internal Consultant in Computer Hardware
Internal Consultant in Computer Hardware

"HireVue in Review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of design - we have the ability to build prescreening templates by individual job titles, thereby customizing each recruiting experience. The candidate invite is simple to use and sharing videos across hiring managers is seamless.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this platform. I would like the ability to customize my email templates by position rather than having one generic invite for each position but this isn't a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands down, the best digital interview platform on the market.

Our prescreening has been dramatically shortened, so we are able to get qualified candidates in front of hiring managers much quicker. We also use their Coordinate function which allows candidates to self-schedule their own interview date and time with the hiring manager, so we reduce admin time for our Talent team.

HireVue review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Hirevue has made recruitment more effective and efficient for my roles. "

What do you like best?

It allows me to interview multiple candidates for the same role in half the time I normally would be able to by just conducting phone interviews. I also love the ability to share recorded interviews with evaluators such as managers because it allows more feedback and more interaction in the recruitment process. Managers enjoy having the autonomy to watch the interviews on their own schedule.

What do you dislike?

There are some connectivity issues when using live Hirevue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This role is really easy to use--My recommendation would be to use the openvue, which allows you to send a link instead of individually sending invites to candidates. Also, having the candidate upload their resume is a great time saver!

Hiring issue and being able to build pipelines. Hirevue allows us the ability and functionality to screen more candidates at a time for multiple roles and to allow more managers to view these interviews.

HireVue review by Sean B.
Sean B.

"SaaS Company that uses HireVue for hiring and Sales Acceleration"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Saves time in recruiting new hires. Allows us to vet way more candidates in a short amount of time. Positions us well with younger candidates as the love that we embrace new technologies.

What do you dislike?

We use the Accelerate Product for role plays and would love to have users be able to see their own videos and reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We jumped into HireVue with both feet and it has really helped us get the most value from the product. I questioned the value of a video hiring platform at first - but was pleasantly surprised at how much better our hiring process has become because we use it.

Speed up hiring process. Vet more candidates. Decrease our phone interviews and face-to-face interviews

HireVue review by Liz H.
Liz H.

"Such a time saver!!"

What do you like best?

I am able to quickly get candidates into the interview process for a position, and cut out the back and forth on scheduling interviews. It is a real time saver for both sides.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing that I dislike about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is easy to use and really can cut your time to hire and increase your candidate pipelining.

We want to be able to screen many qualifed candidates to make sure we are selecting the right ones. This tool really allows for that in a quick and professional manner.

HireVue review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Efficient interviewing for high volume positions"

What do you like best?

HireVue allows you to customize everything, even the way you ask questions - you can record yourself rather than typing a question in order to provide a more personal experience for the candidate.

What do you dislike?

Recorded video interviewing is still relatively new so sometimes candidates are hesitant.

Extremely high volume recruiting. Since HireVue is on-demand, it allows us to interview candidates without having to actually schedule interviews, which is often the hardest part.

HireVue review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great interview tool!"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and the flexibility it allows for interviewing is great!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to allow a candidate to re-do a question as sometimes there are technical errors (e.g. with internet connection) and the only way to have them re-do a question is to set them up again with the entire interview.

Efficiency and consistency with interviewing. Allows flexibility for interviews for both the candidates and interviewers. Also, we can ensure the same questions are asked of each candidate.

HireVue review by Ronald P.
Ronald P.

"I use this for interviews"

What do you like best?

We use this for interviews. It literally saves us so much time being able to have candidates do the interview via cam.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a little hard to get candidates to feel comfortable using the software.

Having to meet face to face and spending a lot of time not needed to sort threw candidates

HireVue review by Kayla M.
Kayla M.

"Company recently switched to HireVue..."

What do you like best?

My company recently switched to HireVue after previously using another similar software. HireVue is much easier to use and much more user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far. My company has been using it about 4 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend

Candidate video interview questioning for screening purposes.

HireVue review by Administrator in Security and Investigations
Administrator in Security and Investigations

"Great Solution "

What do you like best?

So easy to use. For both admin and user alike, the interface is simple and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Now a separate service, so technically available, I would like to have more control over scheduling live interviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider doing automated interviews, you'll be happy you did.

Automated interviews are a great way to quickly get to know a candidate on their time. It's the future, for sure!

HireVue review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Experienced both interviewee and company"

What do you like best?

Easy to use UX, clear instructions and works great on mobile responsiveness

What do you dislike?

Timeframe for response back seemed a little too long. A few errors in recording interviews.

Need to hire quality applicants thoroughly in a timely manner. Hirevue makes it easy to setup the sessions and objectives for the interview. Allows us to complete round 1 vetting process more efficiently and to come closer to perfect candidates for open positions.

HireVue review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"HireVue"

What do you like best?

The OnDemand Interviews that send pre-built interviews to candidate to take on their own time.

What do you dislike?

Technical issues that occur during a live interview

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It is a new technology that will transform the recruiting industry

Speeds up the interview process

HireVue review by User in Computer Software

"Saves money and time "

What do you like best?

My company uses HireVue as a way to save us time from meeting candidates in person and money from flying them out as well. It's also extremely easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. I can see how candidates dislike using this software though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's really nothing easier out there. Highly recommended!

Solving the need to waste time and money interviewing unqualified candidates.

HireVue review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"e-Interviews"

What do you like best?

Interviewing digitally in a manner that is more professional than Skype

What do you dislike?

Not as colorful or friendly looking as Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stable connection is necessary

Interviewing digitally can always be difficult, this is helpful.

HireVue review by Mitch M.
Mitch M.

"Great For Offshore Recruiting "

What do you like best?

It's a great way to filter candidates, you to go through numerous candidates and rate them on individual questions for an overall competency ranking. It gives you a good feel for a candidate on your schedule so you don'l waste valuable time on the actual interview. I haven't purchased this software myself, but have used it with 3rd party talent agencies to find people

What do you dislike?

NA

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only pay for this if you do a lot of recruiting out of state/country

Learning about HireVue?

* We monitor all HireVue reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.