Hive

Hive

4.7

Hive is a powerful, easy-to-use project management platform that powers companies like Starbucks, The Economist, WeWork, and more.

Work for Hive?

Learning about Hive?

Hive Reviews

Ask Hive a Question
Hive review by Nicole R.
Nicole R.

"My Hive Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the task function the most. It allows me to keep track of all the things I need to do (write proposals, quotes, follow ups, etc) and keeps me on top of my workload. There are also tons of ways to keep track like setting due dates and assigning to other people on the same project. I also really like the chats because I'm able to communicate with my coworkers about specific projects in an organized space or about any other topic in another space. It's just a simple and easy way to communicate.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I have are with the mobile application. It can be a bit slow and glitchy and it reloads on its own often. Other than that, I have no issues!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a project management tool that also involves communication and makes it easy to track tasks, this is the tool for you. Very user friendly and has great customer support!

I am the only one writing the project plans (proposals) for every project at our company so my job is heavily weighed on. It helps me keep track of every proposal I have sent out to clients, what is unapproved and needs to be followed up on, and what has been approved. I can also attach every proposal, quote, or any file that pertains to that task inside the project and it all lives there so I can reference it at any time. It has greatly helped me manage my workload and keep me organized.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hive
Showing 51 Hive reviews
Hive review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Solid Project Management"

What do you like best?

It is a full feature platform. Tasks can have sub tasks. Chat. Time tracking. File storage. Tasks created by email (for clients to send in trouble tickets). API. It is everything I've been looking for. It is especially nice that each user can choose the view that suits them best. You can choose from boards, task lists, calendars and, I believe, even Gantt. No matter how you prefer to organize, Hive can take care of you.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about the platform. The developers are very active. Every time I think I find a missing feature, its either added shortly thereafter or on the road map to be added in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask questions of the team. They are very responsive and usually point you in the right direction with little videos or links directly to the how-to article. Sometimes they take a day to respond, which may seem a bit discouraging, but rest assured, they'll get back to you.

Managing all of my projects and to-do lists. I even use it to track business development efforts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hive
Hive review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Adaptable Workgroup Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hive is a fresh, lean, and productive look at how to manage project collaboration at a level users will adopt and stakeholders will get value from. As a consultant, I've been able to configure Hive to make sense to teams in multiple industries and appeal to a wide range of, cultural, team, and IT skills.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good. Hive has maintained steady progress improving the UI, feature, and system responsiveness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of systems with similar features and capabilities. But Hive has been, without question, the stronger solution partner in terms of the right tool with excellent customer support and willingness to take suggestions to improve the product.

As a contract program manager, I work with small to medium business groups who typically don't have a mature project management culture or strong collaboration habits. Hive is flexible enough to adapt to nearly any industry or collaboration project. I can have a client up and running in short order with a basic setup, then add or modify our setup as the client gets more used to it and has suggestions.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Hive review by Gaines M.
Gaines M.

"Excellent Task Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the User Interface design, but more importantly, I love how I have 1 place to keep track of all the task and projects I'm working on and need to work on.

The Zapier integration is a favorite for me as well - As I occasionally do demos with prospective customers, I'm able to know when they book a demo and then auto-create a "Pre-Call Research" task in Hive to remind me the steps I need to take prior to the call.

Being able to tie in Hive chat as well as Slack makes it simple for me to manage communication and task in 1 place.

Creating sub-task within 1 project is HUGE so I can map out what I need to do to finish a project, and then take it step by step.

Immediate access to their Customer Success team via Hive chat is awesome too.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could use a iOS 11 update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect if you need to collaborate within your team on multiple types of projects and task.

Our CEO needs to be able to assign me task, monitor the progress of these task, assign due dates, and sometimes link to a Doc for me to reference. We didn't have a good method for this and task would fall thru the cracks, but then we started using Hive.

With Hive, I'm able to effectively monitor what stage each task/project is in. Also, my CEO can keep up the progress as well, create new projects, and re-prioritize for me immediately if needed.

I was sick with the flu for a week, without Hive, I have no doubt I would have missed a few deadlines or simply forgotten to finish something.

Hive review by Julia J.
Julia J.

"Customer Journey Ambassador"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and simplicity of Hive has enabled everyone across our organization to be able to jump and start getting real work done immediately. There is enough customization offered under the hood, but the platform is simple enough that you never feel lost or overwhelmed. We're only a few months in and already feeling so much stronger as a business by having place where we can consolidate everything from projects, deliverables, ad-hoc tasks, files, discussions and company-wide communications in a structured and efficient way.

What do you dislike?

The My actions view is lacking a little bit in the ability to customize your view - however I've voiced this with Hive and they've been amazing and responsive as always, and are already working on developing this view out further :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is a great system that is easy to get an entire business up and running on given it's simplicity but power at the core. It's not difficult to reach time to value without any workshops or explanation of the tool which is especially powerful so we can depend on the system to onboard new users. This takes a huge load off. We have rolled out starting with a few teams and then expanded to everyone in the organization and that is proving to have been a great way of ensuring each team gets the support they need to move their process from old platforms and restructure how they're working with minimal disruption.

We have been able to break down silos across our company, and consolidate work in to one place. This is also enabling us to truly work cross-functionally which is critical to enable us to grow and scale our business.

We are seeing people be far more interactive and communicative, especially in ways that feels like we are bridging ourselves across offices, oceans and timezones and building a stronger sense of culture and togetherness by using Hive.

Hive review by Bianca L. P.
Bianca L. P.

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

There is a rich feature set but the UI still makes it simple, and intuitive to use. I like that there's a mac app. Dragging and dropping everything has been very useful. I love, love the feature where I can forward emails to my workspace. I haven't used the form yet but I can see how I can use it in the future.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more contrast to the cards and the application background color (Maybe adding themes like Slack has). The android app is a little annoying to use (I don't think its a native app). Wish the bar that has the workspace name had the "Change Layout Views" on it without me having to click on the button. Also wish the Workspaces were on the left bar rather than the top bar and that I could star them (in a starred section like in Slack). I also wish I could star cards and have them show up on the starred section). I wish I can assign a color to each "project". In general I think the app needs more color. I also would like there to be projects that are under a "Team" or "Department". For example, under "Technology" I have 2 projects going on, sometimes 3, and I'd like to be able to have several projects under one "Team"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously the first project management tool I really love. I like logging in because it can pull all the cards from several boards into one view.

Better organization and planning. We were using Trello but it was still messy, and didn't have as good of views and filters as Hive. We've been able to keep track of both tasks and projects.

Hive review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"It's Fine"

What do you like best?

I like the layout. It's pretty easy to use, although I felt like I had to do some work to figure everything out. I also like the robust admin controls. I see a lot of potential for the way they manage tasks (actions) so I'm interested to see what they'll do.

I like that they are always working to update the project, and the changes they make are relevant and substantial. They are still working on the actual product and that shows me they are engaged and dedicated to its success.

It's a simple app which is good, but not as intuitive as I wanted. I'm not quite convinced we'll keep using it.

What do you dislike?

The current method for managing tasks isn't user (read: business owner) friendly. I want a task template that recurs every month so the standard, every month projects are taken care of without my involvement. I like the sub-action feature, but those need to be able to recur, and they need to be able to generate new dates for the new use period.

I dislike that labels apply globally and can't be filtered out for different projects. That makes no sense to me. And the workaround to create a summary view is way too hard. In fact, overall, there may be too many methods of viewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is a cross between Todoist and Trello. It's pretty easy to use and should have what you need for a basic project management app.

managing and assigning tasks for staff, increasing workflow efficiency.

So far the only unique benefit has been the ability to remove a team member who is no longer on the team.

Hive review by Yvette F.
Yvette F.

"Excellent team collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Our firm has been with Hive since it's introduction to the market. We love that we've been able to provide feedback and suggestions and see those implemented. So many previous collaboration tools we've had to adjust our way of working to fit into their template. Hive made it possible for us to create a tool together that is the perfect fit! It's simple, intuitive and with each new feature rollout getting better and better by the day.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are absolutely happy with the progress of the app and look forward to all future features to enhance our already great experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. This team is fantastic. They are fluid and willing to work with you to build the right tool for your team. This is a rare thing in collaboration tools available on the market today.

As a design firm, we need to do a lot of file sharing and collaborating on projects that have many tasks to complete for each stage of the design process. Before we met Hive, we did all of this via email, text, and Slack. With Hive we are able to have all of that communication in one place. Actions inside of projects contain the full history of conversation around a specific topic. This saves so much time, and time is money!

Hive review by Pablo P.
Pablo P.

" intuitive control of my tasks"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of moving tasks, in my case, from the beginning of it to the delivery to the client. The way to add notes and dates has reduced our delivery times. to be able to assign tasks to the members of my team we have a complete picture of how the work is distributed in the company.

Power in some way to customize the application for the company has led us to have that character of ownership.La ayuda en linea cuando hemos requerido, ha sido de lo mejor, rapida y con soluciones.

In short, as they say a picture says more than a thousand words, the proof is that Hive has helped us taking the complete picture of our business.

What do you dislike?

Actually very little, if perhaps not being able to unsubscribe some partners that are no longer part of the team, from there on out, everything has worked perfectly.

They could improve the integrations a bit with other applications in order to integrate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Hive, I started using it since its inception and I have seen the progress in its tools, it really is a powerful application.

Definitely keep track of our tasks, from the request to the delivery of our work. Assigning tasks to team members helps us focus with people.

Delivery times have improved considerably, we also have no lost or forgotten files, we have full control over the pending work.

Hive review by David S.
David S.

"Great tool for tracking and communication"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to see the status of all of the projects across my team without having to nudge them over chat. It's also great to have the ability to quickly chat with them on the platform and share something in case I do need a quick response. I've found it to be useful for both tracking personal tasks as well as working on team projects in a visual style and timeline (Gantt) style. Also, it has the ability to add multiple assignees and detailed subtasks - something that I haven't been able to find in a lot of the integrated tools.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features, so I would recommend reading through their tutorials and possibly asking for a demo to help get a good grasp of it all, otherwise it can be a little overwhelming at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out - Does a great job of making the end product much easier on the user.

My team uses Hive for team to-dos and project tracking. It has solved my immediate issue of emailing back and forth and trying to track down things that we ask each other to do without having to dig deep into email to find the conversation again. The chat has also been really helpful for getting to the bottom of urgent issues with my team.

Hive review by Jaime M.
Jaime M.

"An indispensable tool."

What do you like best?

I work on Hive daily and it has helped me stay organized and productive. The team at Hive responds quickly and are extremely helpful. They take our feedback and rapidly address our needs. The interface of the desktop client and browser app is intuitive and their mobile apps make working on the go easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

Hive and Hive messenger are two separate mobile applications. I would have loved for these to have been combined but this is my personal preference. There is a benefit to having separate app notifications to distinguish between Hive alerts and Hive Messenger alerts.

We use Hive to manage our marketing projects. Being able to view all our projects at a glance makes it easy to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently.

"Hive Review"

What do you like best?

Improves overall organisation of info, helps prioritize, easy to use, slick interface, automated reporting, dynamic views, use of labels, customization of forms, continually improving.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to dislike anything at the moment. Any feedback for our own improvements with regards to using Hive have been taken on-board and acted upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not just great for teams with managing their tasks and 'to-dos' but even a great tool for an individual to manage, organisie and prioritise their 'to-do' list. The visual way it's shown through the 'action cards' is more effective than just seeing a ''to-do' written down on paper. The simplicity of using it also makes it a breeze to do, rather than it being an additional hindrance which some tools can feel like (e.g. SharePoint from my experience).

Hive has allowed us to have a clear and organized workflow structure for customer deals outside of Outlook & Excel. It's been so easy to pick up and to use, it doesn't feel like an onerous task to use it, compared to the way we were capturing this data / info before.

We now have a clear and visual view of who's working on what, what stage it's at and when it's due by - all of which can be exported into Excel to feed various reports, all done with a few simple clicks.

It has encouraged best practice, improved the management of information and has automated our reporting. Definitely value for money.

Hive review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"Great project and task management app!"

What do you like best?

The app is very user-friendly. Information is laid out in an easy-to-find/use way and is customizable in so many different ways. The thing I like most is that Hive is constantly updating and upgrading the software to make it better. They take user requests seriously and are always improving the functionality.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like. Hive works great for our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start a trial and see how you like it. Take the time to see how all of the features work - test projects out with

a couple of team members to see how it works as a collaboration tool. Definitely get in touch with customer service with questions they are very friendly and responsive.

Our team is spread over two states in the US and we have an office in China so Hive has become an invaluable tool for team collaboration. It has enabled us to become much more organized with projects and to have discussions take place in a space where everyone can see and comment - it's like Slack + Asana, two tools in one!

Hive review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Hive is well worth the investment!"

What do you like best?

The absolute best part of using Hive is the customer service, and the detail and level of commitment and engagement that Hive employees offer in customer service interactions. They can be contacted from within the desktop app itself, or via Hive's online platform, or by phone. Replies and requests are answered promptly and thoroughly, and with great care.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, in using Hive, there are some features that I wish would be added. However, this should be caveated with the statement that the Hive team regularly and consistently evaluates feedback about feature requests and frequently implements new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you contact the Hive team. The quality, consistency, and breadth of their customer service will speak for itself.

I am solving the problem of client management. In my organization (social enterprise non-profit) we serve clients through a cycle of anywhere from 1 month to over a year. Managing clients' place on the larger trajectory is a breeze in Hive.

Hive review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"Game Changingly good"

What do you like best?

Easy to manipulate making it extremely versatile. Additionally allows for ever increasing levels of detail to ensure no information or tasks are lost.

What do you dislike?

Being designed by a small team there are definitely some bugs with the system but nothing that can't be worked around!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free trial as well as most of their competitors, try them yourself and I'll bet you'll come to the same conclusion I did.

Our office process dozens of complex files over the course of a month, each with its own quirks. This allows the entire team to stay appraised of each files status as well as ensure that nothing falls through the cracks!

Hive review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Our Team Loves Hive!!"

What do you like best?

We love being able to have our individual boards to assign individual tasks, as well as group boards that can be accessed and worked off by all team members. The messenger within the application is awesome! Creates an easy communication line for all team members without having to switch applications.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see an improvement in the notifications. Believe it or not, maybe a more obnoxious way to hear or see when you have a new message within Hive. When we get busy and step away, or get focused on another task, we all seem to miss new messages.

We have been able to solve a communication gap between all team members on projects. We are now able to view progress of multiple team on multiple projects within one application. Everyone stays in the loop and knows the next step.

Hive review by Consultant

"Best of Breed"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility baked into Hive. I've been evaluating task management software for almost 10 months now, and using Hive for about 50% of that. It is clear that the creators took the best of all the other project management and task management solutions, and then came up with innovative new ways to make it even better than the competition.

What do you dislike?

I think the Hive chat should be fleshed out to include threads and forums. The #slack integration is unwieldy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too many software startups fail to listen to their tribes. Hive really puts the customer first. I've already seen several suggestions I made implemented. In contrast, for example, I've watched Asana users request the "start date" feature for yearssss- and only recently was it added.

The eternal problem of competing priorities and incomplete communication. Streamlining project management; improving deliverability; reducing timelines to delivery.

Hive review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Hive is awesome for team communications and keeping track of projects"

What do you like best?

It's really nice having only one place to go to access all my files, threads, tasks related to a project. As a remote team, it has been really helpful it keeping us organized and clear about our responsibilities. The chat has been great of creating the camraderie on the team when we can't be together.

I love how easy it is to filter and change the layout of projects so that you can see it in different ways. It has made it a lot easier for me to get to the exact information I need when we have a lot of tasks in a project.

What do you dislike?

They could probably have more video tutorials, but besides that I am pretty happy with Hive.

We were on a remote team using trello, but it was still hard to communicate with each other and the boards got out of control pretty easily. Hive structure makes it much more easier to keep things organized. It has allowed us to view projects in different ways besides a board. It also integrates chat which has been super helpful. It has made it much easier for my team to communicate and and a lot more organized.

Hive review by Mark I.
Mark I.

"Hive Does Project Management & Chat Right!"

What do you like best?

Integrated chat and Google Drive. So many views and so much control to easily get to the exact tasks and projects and organize your day. For us, the ability to view by project right at the header is key. Great support team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This product works great for us. I'd like to see them make a list/search for alerts within task cards that receive @mention, but they are building so fast, I expect they will address it on their product roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a trial.

Integrated chat and task/project management. Makes it easy for the entire team to full communicate in one platform.

Hive review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Hive - Communication Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and vast feature set. With Hive, I can break down projects in a ton of different views rather than just 1 or 2. I can juggle multiple client projects running at once, with projects ranging from loose/unstructured to deadline-tight and highly structured. As a freelancer, managing communication with my clients can really impact my bottom line. Hive gives my customers visual insights into each project, freeing me up to spend more time developing, and less time explaining.

The product is also constantly updated, more so than any other tool I've used before. It always impresses clients when I invite them in to see the status of their projects.

What do you dislike?

New features are released really often, so sometimes it's difficult to keep up. Their help center is expanding, so this is becoming less of an issue. Plus their customer support is top-notch, which also helps.

I track and manage all of my freelance projects in Hive. I invite my clients in to collaborate and monitor my projects in real time. Having instant communication with them has been really helpful, but also being able to have conversations around tasks in the right context rather than over email makes it much easier to communicate and execute on the projects.

Hive review by User

"Great task management tool"

What do you like best?

Its like Trello, just better. It also have the ability to show a Gantt Chart, which it a rarity in management tools. It has a great integration with popular Cloud storage services like Google Drive and Dropbox. The instant messaging and groups are great, but the notification settings for it could be better.

What do you dislike?

There is some top level problems with labels, teams and permission. We are a 100+ company that needs to fit inside one workspace. Its gets a little crowed in the school yard and there are no restrictions/rules on how to behave in yard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. You would not be disappointed.

All of the teams was using different solutions and softwares before Hive. With Hive we can now all use the same software, because its that flexible and feature enriched.

Hive review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Easy-to-use project management"

What do you like best?

This is dead easy. I should have read the manual but I just dove right in, and it was extremely intuitive. It's been a great system for everyone at my company to keep track of projects and know what we need to work on next.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a darn thing I dislike.

We had previously tried to manage projects through Trello but it wasn't working for a variety of reasons. Hive has kept us all working, on track and moving in the same direction.

Hive review by Andreas Viken F.
Andreas Viken F.

"Great for project management and team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hive's flexibility when it comes to structuring projects, customizing views, and following progress of projects and actions is great!

What do you dislike?

Right now, the notifications for chats and actions aren't separate, and at times it can get a bit noisy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hive is great for team collaboration, communication, and project management. It gives great overview, and helps with tracking progress and knowing who owns both projects and action items.

Gathering communications and improving process with a common tool for project management.

Hive review by User in Financial Services

"Super easy-to-use project management tool!"

What do you like best?

It is so simple to get started. Just type a task and hit enter. But there is also a ton of flexibility for those that want it. There are lots of ways you can view projects and summary views that allow you to see a bunch of projects in one place.

Love the modern Gantt charts for planning ahead on projects!

What do you dislike?

I wish they had time tracking and the mobile app could be a little faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support team is amazing. They really go above and beyond to meet a team's requirements!

It made collaboration so much easier. Honestly is saved my from email inbox madness. Now all our internal conversations are in Hive. It is some much easier to keep organized and keep track of what my team is working on. It has been especially useful as we started to work remotely

Hive review by Cherise B.
Cherise B.

"Good for task tracking and communication"

What do you like best?

I like how Hive puts task tracking and a chat into one app. I really like how it has a calendar view, task status view, and other ways you can view tasks. You can make comments on tasks, or chat with each other in the team in the generalized chat. You can set recurring due dates and link documents.

What do you dislike?

It would be cool if you could update documents right there within Hive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend singing in with your Google account

Collaboration, communication, document sharing, task tracking

Hive review by Administrator

"Beyond Helpful Platform and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The transparency of project flow and visibility to enhance participation and collaboration with the team as a whole. We used to use Google docs, Dropbox, Skype, email, shared drives, etc. for sharing documents, tracking work, setting deadlines. Things kept sliding through the cracks and deadlines were being missed because we didn't have everything housed in one location. This takes all the guesswork out of our project loads, visibility on who has bandwidth to help with team projects, and provides more structure to our trackers.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. Every functionality we wanted that lived on different platforms, different interfaces, is all bundled up in Hive and can be accessed in one place.

Having a bicoastal team presents a few challenges and opportunities to improve effective transparency and project management. Uploading our tasks and project timelines to Hive has helped streamline our workflow and increase success in meeting deadlines. I couldn't be happier with this tool. When getting started, our Hive support from Erin was stellar. She was majorly attentive to our needs and has conducted group training sessions so we could fully immerse our team in to the platform. Any time we've had questions, she has been quick to help and show us how to maximize our utilization of HIve.

Hive review by Mayra G.
Mayra G.

"Good, but need improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a project management and chat tool

What do you dislike?

Loading time, speed is an issue often, crashes are often that what I would like

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is not ideal yet, things like file sharing and differentiating other users are hard to do. If internet connection is bad, Hive won't open. But overall, the team is always willing to work on the issues and solve bugs.

project management and chat

Hive review by M. W.
M. W.

"Best Team and Project Management Resource"

What do you like best?

Its speed and the ability to integrate additional programs like Slack, DropBox, etc... Customer service is also great. The team at Hive answered my questions promptly and multiple members responded with a reasonable solution. They offer 50% discount to Non-For-Profits. I love the brand. Hive has a clean user interface and navigating through the app is fairly simple. Going through the tutorial was like playing a game which was pretty cool.

What do you dislike?

The price. Wish it was $5/mo. With all the other product subscriptions monthly, it starts to add up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford the monthly cost of Hive you wont regret it. Great product and awesome team at Hive.

Make/s team project collaboration seamless

Hive review by Administrator

"Easy to use - support is responsive."

What do you like best?

You can start using the platform right away - with no training!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a "read receipt" within the messaging system. It's hard to know if a co-worker saw my message or just ignored it (but Hive is great with regular updates). By the way - I've made two different suggestions to their support team, and they made both adjustments...pretty amazing service and responsive to the needs of their customers!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - you won't be disappointed. It is very useful for the minimal cost and ease-of-use.

Team communication and task delegation. There is no substitute for team interaction at any modern business.

Hive review by Austin M.
Austin M.

"Finally a Tool that Works for Me"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep track of the multiple things happening in my day. I can move my to do list items to different stages of progress that I have setup, make quick notes, setup new subtasks and communicate with team members all in one tool.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I miss alerts from new and current conversations in the chat functionality. I have the desktop app but don't always hear the sounds or see the popup notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It is worth testing. Remember though that when trying out a new tool it takes a while to get used to.

project management, task management, team communication

Hive review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Finally found what we were looking for"

What do you like best?

Hive, had almost everything I wanted and the customer success team really listened to what my team needed and was able to customize certain features. It has all the robust PM features I am used to (gantt charts, dependencies) in a clean user interface. The gantt chart is awesome for planning out long-term projects and dependencies make it seamless to keep things moving forward. Forms has also been great for getting requests from clients. Customer support is responsive and helpful when I do need them.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be faster and easier to use. I also think their help center could be a bit more robust. I would utilize more videos and tutorials. That said it wasn't too hard to figure out on my own.

We were looking for an easier way to manage 50 + projects at once. Hive makes it easy to create an manage a lot of work at once. Plus we can create project templates that we can use again and again. It is also great having one place to work and not having work spread across google sheets, email, etc.

Hive review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Easiest way to run your team"

What do you like best?

It is easy-to-use and get started, but also has all the features we need. It is definitely a great middle ground between those really powerful but clunky PM tools and those overly simple list tools that are missing key features (like gantt). I like that they continue to make improvements and are responsive to customer feedback.

What do you dislike?

I think performance on the mobile app could be a little better (it's a bit slow sometimes), but they say they are making some improvements soon.

Before I had to constantly have meetings and send emails to check on project progress. It was frustrating and a waste of time. We work on very time-sensitive projects so every minute counts. In Hive, I can see all the items on my team's to-do list. I can click to the project and in a second understand the status. It's takes a while to get everyone used to updating in Hive, but once you do it's really saved so much time.

Hive review by Administrator

"I've tried them all and this is the best!"

What do you like best?

It had almost everything I wanted and the customer success team worked incredibly hard to get the rest. It has all the robust PM features I am used to (gantt charts, dependencies) in a clean user interface. The gantt chart is awesome for planning out projects in advance and dependencie make it seamless to keep things moving forward. Forms has also been great for getting requests from clients. Plus, customer support is responsive and helpful!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be faster and easier to use. I also think their help center could be a bit more robust. Like it would be nice if they had more videos and tutorials. That said it wasn't too hard to figure out on my own.

We just wanted an easier way to manage 50 client projects at once. Hive makes it easy to create an manage a lot of work at once. Plus we can create project templates that we can use again and again. It is also greate having one place to work and not having work spread across google sheets, email, etc.

Hive review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Hive Review"

What do you like best?

Integration of files, timeline, progress status and chat all in one platform

What do you dislike?

Slowdowns due to growth and sometimes lack of all details needed to effectively manage a project

Helping our company to be more process oriented after a lot of growth. We've been able to introduce a way to keep projects more streamlined and it's been really well received so far.

Hive review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Great Project Management Platform"

What do you like best?

It's really customizable. You can view the same project in a lot of different ways. It also great that you have a bunch of separate projects, but can view them all together with summary view. There are just so many options that it really fits the needs of my whole team.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more integrations, but I think they are working on adding more. Also, I would love if they could add time tracking, but besides that there isn't too much I dislike.

It's taken my team out of email, which has really saved my inbox. Now we all manage things through Hive's chat and projects. Before we had some people using trello, some using spreadsheets, Asana, etc. but now that we have everything in Hive its a lot easier to keep track of our work.

Hive review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Constantly improving"

What do you like best?

Probably the best thing about Hive is the development team's interest in feedback and constant work to accommodate unpredicted needs and functionality.

What do you dislike?

The mobile apps leave a lot to be desired. Computer app is by far the best way to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying out Hive, be sure to reach out with any issues instead of letting them ruin your experience. Hive is constantly improving based on feedback and seems to implement necessary changes very quickly.

Connecting teams in a more organic way: messages, deadlines, etc all in one place

Hive review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"User friendly and easy to navigate!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use without sacrificing all the features I need. It takes no time at all to create new actions and projects, and there are a ton of ways to view your work based on your preferences. I have seriously tried all the project management tools out there, and this is definitely the best by far.

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble figuring out the new forms feature, but the customer support team was really helpful in getting that resolved.

We just didn't have a great way of keeping track the status of our work. We have a pretty consistent process, and Hive has really helped us keep organized and making sure everything goes through the important steps. It's really increased our efficiency and cut down on unneccesary email.

Hive review by User

"Creative at Pinterest using Hive to manage products"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to find my name/column and what work I have to prioritize.

What do you dislike?

It crashes sometimes and the UI can be confusing when I have to do something out of my ordinary routine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - if something isn't working to your liking, the team at Hive will accommodate the platform to fit your needs.

Having a place where everyone (our whole team and our vendor teams who live in the UK) can see what needs to be done and who needs to do what.

Hive review by Bridget B.
Bridget B.

"Great for managing serveral projects with multiple deadlines"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly - the calendar integration and gantt chart feature are life savers

What do you dislike?

Some of the tagging and color coding seems redudant

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is worth it if you're collaborating with a large team

Project management in an agency setting

Hive review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Hive is an essential all in one collab and productivity tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Great tool- combines task list and chat, and has easy integration with current tools we are using. However, what compelled me to write about Hive is the team. They are incredibly helpful and constantly want to improve their product. There have been several times where I've shared 'we wish Hive did X' and low and behold, there is a function not soon after- usually even better than the suggestion. They are a great team to work with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be confusing who has access to your task list. Several times we had users sign up on the team, and their task list was shared with us straight away which they were unaware of.

Communication, being able to see what my team is working on without constant meetings, which means we save time. This is our hub now.

Hive review by Rachael W.
Rachael W.

"One Happy Hiver"

What do you like best?

Love the integration between chat feature and the actions structure.

What do you dislike?

There is a difference in capability between the mobile experience and the desktop experience. Would like the experiences to more closely match.

We can more easily collaborate and overcome the information gap.

Hive review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"The Best To-Do List to Work With"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to assign and record tasks with the work underneath to get each task done all in one place.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about working with the hive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the one stop shop for all your tasks, work, and notations.

All of our work and tasks are now in one convenient location. Everyone can keep an eye on each other's tasks and also work on the same task when need be.

Hive review by Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

"Easy team communication and productivity tool"

What do you like best?

My team loves to use Hive; the integration between the chat software and project management software makes everything run smoothly. Plus, GIPHY!

What do you dislike?

Nothing stands out so far as a negative.

Project management, working backwards, GANT chart capabilities are awesome

Hive review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Easy, flexible, and constantly improving"

What do you like best?

Hive takes a user-friendly approach to solve common but complicated problems around project management.

What do you dislike?

There's little to dislike with Hive- they're responsive and empathetic to its users.

Hive helps us keep track of our progress with regularly recurring projects.

Hive review by Administrator

"Awesomely intuitive. Great updates. Super responsive. "

What do you like best?

Expanse of functionalities. There are lots of options for using HIVE.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a tutorial on all of the functionalities. I really like the beginning tutorial at the top of the page when you first start - but want more. I don't know how to use all the functions and want a quick easy way to learn them.

Creation of systems and processes are awesome.

Hive review by User

"Great product for task management and communication"

What do you like best?

Unlike other task management products I have used, I can attach files rather than sending as an email as a second communication.

What do you dislike?

I would wish there was a built in tutorial.

I really like the ability to have a recurring project. It helps us save time by not having to add subtasks each time and reduces the changes that we forget a step.

Hive review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Best Team Collaboration Tool We've found! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to set up, and has every function any agency would need. Love how the developers are always adding new features and constantly showcasing the new add-ons.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had a video chat software integration.

We are able to have a large team always being able to stay on top of task and see work being done in real time.

Hive review by User

"Great for consolidating actions/communications into one space."

What do you like best?

Team is not chasing emails/dropping tasks

What do you dislike?

Action cards locked under initiator so can't be marked complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend

Consolidates all projects/attachments/docs/images into one action card instead of hunting through dozens of emails. Able to see at a glance what has been completed, questions, answers, follow-up. Production increased, hours of effort decreased, frustration in all roles decreased.

Hive review by User

"Hive in a 14 people team for task managment"

What do you like best?

Multi project interface

Subtasks

Easy to use

Attachments

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything because it fits my needs

task management in a team

Hive review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"HIVE helped allocated tasks on my team"

What do you like best?

HIVE helped our team stay organized and made sure each team member was accountable for their projects and tasks.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the layout and people able to view other team members' calendars can be a bit confusing.

Team organization and accountability. The benefits we've realized are increased timeliness, organization, and accountability.

Hive review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"It’s all there! "

What do you like best?

Hive team is constantly adapting, listening to users and improving platform to meet needs of customers.

What do you dislike?

It was a learning curve for my team and took us a while to transition.

Project management has been most useful for me. Helps me manage 15+ projects in one space.

Learn more about Hive

Hive Videos

Learning about Hive?

* We monitor all Hive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.