Hiver

Hiver turns Gmail into a simple, powerful collaboration and customer support tool.

Work for Hiver?

Learning about Hiver?

Hiver Reviews

Ask Hiver a Question
Showing 147 Hiver reviews
Hiver review by Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

"Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

Not having to forward emails to each other any more. Assigning them makes life so much easier. Keeping notes on each emails is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I can not close emails in my personal inbox. I have to go into the email and close it or reassign it. However you can go into your team inbox and do this. But this is not a huge gripe of mine. There is not much to dislike however I look forward to new features as the Hiver team seems to be very talented!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is great! Instant chat and amazing help :-)

Communication! Everyone can communicate and keep notes on emails. We use to use a chat feature and I hated to hear new chats some in. Now chats about an email are nice and tidy! I also love assigning emails to team members to clean up my inbox. Shared labels are also a plus!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hiver
Hiver review by Jessie R.
Jessie R.

"Great for Office Email! "

What do you like best?

I love the "@" social media feature. It allows me to send quick messages to colleagues so that they can see specific emails that I am working on. The notifications are really easy to keep track of and it makes it easier to identify which emails are most important and time pressing. It was really easy to learn how to use and allows everyone in our office to know what is going on.

What do you dislike?

I do not like an one email cannot be in multiple folders at once. More than one person in our office works on one email at a time, so it would be nice if we could both have it in our folders!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to use when a large number of email are using one email address. It is easy to share emails, and delegate tasks to one another. I really love the "@" social media feature that allows you to communicate with other people quickly and that you can refer back to these notes later on.

We are able to better handle the office email. It is a lot easier to see what other projects our team members are working on and it has helped tremendously to pick up their workload when people are out of the office!

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Hiver review by Nickolaus M.
Nickolaus M.

"Hiver Perfect for you!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Hiver for 5 Months now and really like using it. Hiver is a great tool, that helps me manage my work emails between my clients, and Co-Workers. Is easy to use, compact and looks nice. I had no problems jumping straight in to using it and would recommend it to anyone that has messy emails and needs help with organization.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found things I dislike about Hiver. For using it to manage my Emails it has done everything I want it to do at this time and don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of clients and need to manage and share a bunch of emails with coworkers and employees I would definitely recommend choosing hiver. Its well priced provides easy access and organization and the pricing is very fair.

Using Hiver allows me to easily keep track of all my emails from clients, and manage which emails get shared to coworkers. I no longer have to dig through lists of emails to find what i'm looking for I can find what I need quickly.

Hiver review by Ananda F.
Ananda F.

"Great program, Excellent customer support!"

What do you like best?

Automations - it's so easy to set up automatic management of certain emails!

Notes - An amazing time saver to have notes and team conversations saved with each email.

Snooze - Prefect for following up on critical conversations without inbox clutter

Customer Support - if I can't find what I looking for in the help docs, the support team is AMAZING. Incredibly helpful and quick to respond!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only thing I don't like is that the email count is 99+ rather than showing the actual number of invoices in our shared inbox.

And the amount of effort G2 is requiring to leave this review - if I didn't love Hiver so much I would have bailed on this review process after they asked me to log in.

Effective management of our shared inboxes. We have over 10 users for our shared inboxes and as we grow using Hiver has been imperative in successfully sharing an inbox.

Hiver review by Chrsitian R.
Chrsitian R.

"Hiver boosts our productiviy"

What do you like best?

It integrates in gmail natively, so we don't need to switch applications and handle Logins in multiple systems. It has all important functions to productively work on shared emails as a team. It is really intuitiv and fast and the support of the Hiver team works great.

What do you dislike?

I think the pricing is a little too expensive. I'd be OK with 10$ per User, but 22$, really? This is even more expensive than the whole Gsuite.

We used to solve shared emails / inboxes with OTRS, an open source ticket system. It worked great, but got very rusty and slow over the years. The management and administration of this system used to be a nightmare and there where more and more bugs as time evolved.

Now we can reduce a lot of administration and management cost, because Hiver is a cloud solution. With the shared answer editing feature we can save a lot of time in internal back and forth communication. All in all Hiver is a big time saver.

Hiver review by Ally W.
Ally W.

"Seamlessly integrates with your gmail through an extension. Not another platform, thank god! "

What do you like best?

Our favourite aspect is that it can run from our individual Gmail accounts via a chrome extension, it's not another platform we have to go to, login to or keep tabs on.

I love the drafting and assigning. We use a team admin who will triage and filter incoming enquiries and emails for the company. There job is to assign to the correct member of staff and draft responses to any general and easy to answer queries.

It's the first email inbox that wasn't a burden and actually created efficiencies in our workflow.

What do you dislike?

When Gmail updated their UI it meant the extension broke. We were then forced to remain using the old legacy view until the update came out.

Allows our team to collaborate on emails and share information and notes much more efficiently

Hiver review by Dan H.
Dan H.

"Solid Helpdesk w/ excellent support & service"

What do you like best?

My favorite of Hiver's capabilities is that of the side-bar chat; I regularly communicate with team members about emails within the email itself, which is exceedingly convenient.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes, when using Hiver, teammates have the tendency to miss emails that were assigned to others, but perhaps would have been beneficial to two or more team members. We've tried overcoming that obstacle by using the side-bar chat and notifications for tags, in which the person who was not assigned, but may have benefited by reading the message, can be @-tagged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions for the Hiver team, ask them; their support staff seems to work 24-hours and is always prompt and helpful.

Our consolidated and shared email started out as an absolute disaster before we found Hiver, but it has become organized and efficient since we brought it into the team. We tried Distributions lists, but emails could be missed fairly easily, then we tried all logging into the same email (this was the most chaotic).

Hiver review by Michael I.
Michael I.

"Good Solution for Shared Inbox"

What do you like best?

The shared inbox allows us to respond to customer service inquiries and make sure someone is handling these issues. We assign the emails to a team member and also use the notes to inform one another of needed information. Hiver integrates with Gmail online well and is intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Assignments and notes can get lost with a high volume of emails. I would like to see a more visible notification and assignment banner or box. Android app seems to be a bit buggy. Sometimes, emails will not open in the app. I would also like to see more options for specific notifications.

Hiver helps us respond to customer inquiries and enables our team to keep track of customer service issues.

Hiver review by Debora M.
Debora M.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

I love that our team can easily assign emails and we can save templates for our responses. It has definitely made our work easier and more organized. It's also very helpful when someone from our team is out and we have to re-assign emails.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to access email templates. I would also like to see a faster way to assign tags to emails. Nothing major that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try, the more you use it the more useful it becomes. It's very easy to use.

Working as a team is easier, particularly when someone is out on vacation. It's very easy to re-assign emails, making sure clients are taken care of in a timely manner.

Hiver review by Bobby G.
Bobby G.

"Hiver, bringing the best out of Gmail!"

What do you like best?

Put simply, the fact that you can easily share mailboxes and labels within Gmail is the most useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i have come across that i dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Hiver. The installation and setup of the software is incredibly easy. It does everything that you would expect Gmail to do without the use of Groups. It will allow you to share Email address's between multiple people, as well as labels and this is incredibly useful. The support that you get with Hiver is second to none. There was an incident last week in which i had a small problem with the initial setup of a second shared email address. I sent them an email when i arrived at work at 8am and within 10 minutes i had received a reply and someone had remoted to the problem PC and resolved the problem! I would highly recommend Hiver to anyone that that is having trouble or would like shared mailboxes and labels. For everything that you get the price is very good for the support and software itself. Hiver would work very well within small teams, receptionists or any other management team that receives multiple emails daily to different address with more than 2 people accessing and replying to these.

Having the ability to assign Jobs/emails to staff members where applicable. Sharing of emails while still having the ability to assign specific jobs to specific users with the helpdesk function sides of things,

Hiver review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"We use Hiver to manage a shared inbox"

What do you like best?

We really appreciate the responsiveness of the HIVER team when we've suggested changes or updates that might improve the system, they've always been fast to respond and taken the suggestions on board.

The most useful features for the team are the snooze and template functions, and for management are the performance stats provided.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a bit of a lag between closing an email or doing another action on an email and it actually moving, and sometimes it can take a few seconds for the HIVER folders to appear when first opening gmail. Other than that it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good idea to sit down and plan how you'll use this tool before jumping into it - as it can take a little while to properly understand the ins and outs of how it works. Also, do some planning first based on what you want to get out of HIVER to avoid confusion or setting the system up in a way which isn't the most efficient manner.

It's helping us to track who does what in the team, who is replying to what kind of emails and how long it takes them. It helps us to keep track of who has been responding to a customer more easily and ensure that the same person replies continually. The collision alerts are also very useful for helping us to avoid overlapping where two people answer the same email, and the notes function allows us to add comments to an email string for internal use.

Hiver review by Kristin C.
Kristin C.

"Very valuable tool at our workplace"

What do you like best?

Simplest way we have found so far to share e-mails within our sales staff, without having to actually send them to each other!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of to dislike is that when I was first added to my company's Hiver, it took a few days for all of the e-mails to show up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a shot, there is a free trial!

This is a great way for us to know what's going on within the sales team, this is how we know what invoices have been sent out, even if that particular representative isn't at work. Find things easily at a glance. Love the drag and drop functionality as well.

Hiver review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"A great tool, even for small teams! "

What do you like best?

Hiver helps keep our shared email system organized and effective, which can become a tricky proposal even with a super small team of three people! It helps us stay clear on who is handling which clients and the status of their replies. It also helps us to pass the responsibility back and forth between different employees when need be, which can be difficult if forwarding between multiple email account.

What do you dislike?

It would be amazing if this ran in browsers other than Chrome! We love Firefox, but need this tool to keep our team organized so can't use it. It's also clear that it's still an app in development, sometimes certain features just don't work or appear in the ways they're supposed to; the pop up menu will just not appear sometimes, or not have full functionality when it does, also things move around relatively ofter, which I'm sure is moving toward optimization, but can throw off the day-to-day flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that it only works in Chrome, so if you're reliant on another browser for some reason it may not work with your workflow/ you'll need to have multiple browsers open at once.

Keeping growing small business on top of all of the requests that we receive from customers through different channels that all filter into our inbox.

Hiver review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Bringing Public Folders and Help Desk functionality into Gmail"

What do you like best?

Being able to share Gmail labels across teams and employees, ease of setup, help desk functionality into Gmail is great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet - everything works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for Microsoft Exchange functionality out of Gmail, Hiver is a great solution. The Help Desk is everything a smaller business like ours (50-100 employees) needs.

Using Hiver allows us to purchase one product to yield multiple benefits. We utilize both the Help Desk and Shared label functionality across teams and employees. The Help Desk function is great for our teams as it let's everyone know what each other is working on, and can let team leads assign tasks right through the Gmail interface. Shared labels keep everyone in the know and allow cross-department knowledge sharing.

Hiver review by Jona X.
Jona X.

"Great for team email management"

What do you like best?

Hiver support is great and has fast turnaround and I love that my team and I can quickly and efficiently handle emails. It's made handling correspondence a lot easier. For instance, being able to make notes on the side of each email that is for internal use only. Also, I love being able to assign emails to certain team members and to easily see which emails need my attention. I also think Hiver is very responsive and customer service oriented as well and continuing to add features, grow and improve.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like there's small glitches that happen but it's not often (ex. some emails get marked as closed even though no one closed them).

Email management

Hiver review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Hiver has increased productivity and internal office communication"

What do you like best?

Hiver has allowed our staff to manage the workflow of orders sent to our company through two different email addresses. Each member can pull orders, respond, and process. This is all trackable and transparent so the team can view production results and status of orders. The ability to assign work is very helpful. Simply AMAZING and accelerated our growth.

What do you dislike?

When a customer continues an email string from previous orders we get that complete email history. This could go back a couple years worth of correspondence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any change can be a challenge, the staff at Hiver was there each time we reached out. The transitioned us quickly and no loss to business. Priced strong.

We get most of our orders via email. Using Hiver allows two emails to be merged into one workflow. This makes it simple for our customers and referral sources. Also the ability to track, review internal actions and responses, and assign work is extremely productive.

"Just What We Needed"

What do you like best?

As a small business, it's imperative that we have visibility between all members of our staff on all emails. Hiver has allowed us to ensure that we reply as soon as possible to incoming emails, and allows the whole team to be on the same page with all our responses. Shared drafts are really awesome; I like being able to work on an important email collaboratively and see the edits in real-time.

What do you dislike?

I think that the initial set-up is a little confusing if you select someone to get updates it's overwhelming. The default, in most cases, should be that nobody receives updates every time the label is added or assigned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sharing email responsibilities with a team of people, I am not sure how you would do it efficiently without Hiver. I would recommend for all small businesses who are experiencing growth and need a tool that is able to grow as your team grows.

We are able to work collaboratively as a team to quickly respond to incoming emails. We have visibility to when something has already been replied to, if it's in the process of being replied to, and what needs follow-up.

Hiver review by Angel A.
Angel A.

"Hiver: My favorite GMail add-on and help-desk solution"

What do you like best?

- The Shared Labels and Notes features, that make collaborating in GMail much faster and convenien.

- Shared Mailboxes, and how they let you use GMail as a helpdesk and avoid using external services

- The thread splitting feature for Shared Mailboxes, that fixes GMail (wrong) threading behavior by separating e-mails from diffent senders into different threads

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Hiver doesn't have a feature to add a "one-click feedback survey" at the end of all the e-mails sent from the Shared Mailbox.

I also think that current reports and Shared Mailboxes automations could be improved.

I use Hiver for e-mail collaboration between team members inside my company, and also as a Help Desk solution: to process support tickets.

Hiver review by Stephen W.
Stephen W.

"Excellent integration with Gmail"

What do you like best?

There are many things about Hiver that I like but the fact that it allows our Sales team to share a mail box is the best thing. It is fairly seamless and allows you to assign emails to each team member and track the email progress. The email templates are easy to use and better than the Gmail built in canned responses.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Hiver for awhile now and have yet to find any drawbacks.

Our initial quote requests come into a shared mailbox and we are able to assign them to sales people individually.

Hiver review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Hiver is Great"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature in HIver is the shared inbox. It makes it extremely easy to delegate emails within the team.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike. It really solves our problem well. The one thing that is missing for me is an integrated knowledge database that would allow my reps to search information that would help them do their job and provide even better service to our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out your processes first if you haven't already done so. Focus on redundant inquiries / tasks and then apply the Hiver tool to those. Train your team to properly use it.

I own a small service oriented business. We get a variety of inquiries from customers via email. We have always used the labels in our GSuite (Google for Work) Gmail account to organize and prioritize incoming requests. Our first problem is visibility among the team. The challenge has always been sharing the work between users. Hiver solves this problem. With Hiver we can use shared labels and shared inboxes to ensure everyone has access to customer requests. Also we can clarify who is taking ownership of a request. Different users can reply to subsequent threads in an email string without forwards creating a seamless experience for our customers. Also, we use templates to be consistent in our communications and speed up our response time. These features have reduced confusion within our team and improved our productivity and customer experience. It works perfect.

Hiver review by David W.
David W.

"Hiver - Function over Form."

What do you like best?

Overall, Hiver is a very well thought-out & functional tool. It integrates seamlessly with GMail and increases productivity through collaboration and sharing of information. Apart from the main Hiver label-sharing service, my personal favourite feature is the shared templates - a single location for all company email templates, shared only with those who need them; no clutter. Best Customer Service I've ever come across, it's insane how efficient the Hiver Team are!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Hiver, I've been using it since it's early days and it's been steadily growing and adding new (and more importantly, useful!) features regularly. Generally it has been problem-free, no crashing, no major issues... I can't offer any negative feedback on it, it does what it set out to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solution which can help to organise and tidy-up the workload of a team, then this is an excellent product. No more forwarding mails, everyone has access to the information they need. It's a great product for collaboration within the workplace and definitely worth the fee.

I've a small office with a handful of staff, everyone has their role, but when one team member is absent the others have to pick up where that team member left off... Without having to log-in to several accounts, all the correspondence is at hand for quick access if required, ensuring a seamless service in the event of an absence.

Hiver review by Maxime L.
Maxime L.

"It does very well what it does"

What do you like best?

Simple - Easy - Not expensive - very well intagrated with Gmail - Notes that we can attach and share.

We have a strong use the shared mailbox

We expect to use more email templates and shared labels

The product has a high value for us

What do you dislike?

nothing for the moment, we have 3 months of use.

The main problem was to solve requests sent to our support. Before Hiver we had a redirect email adress (support@) that was redirected to the each email adress of people in the team. Each time one answered to a request, we had to add this redirect email adress in copy. To answer to a request, one person need information from other people of team and for he transfered the email. And also it was not clear who would be take in charge the request. So we received tones of email and we were not very efficient. In the past we tested zendesk and other products, but it was to complicated for us. Now with Hiver we are definitly more efficient, we send less email internally inside the support team. because it is perfectly integrated in Gmail, Hiver is not a tool in addition, so it does not really need to change our habits. I highly recommend this product.

In the next month

Hiver review by S A.
S A.

"Great task assignment tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Hiver allows easy assignment of tasks to team members (assignee and status are visible to the entire team) and allows team members to share updates and tag individuals as needed.

What do you dislike?

When you receive request responses to assigned emails that do not require actions, you currently still have to go into each ticket and manually close out to update the status.

Allow for team member to easily assign emails to individuals as tasks. In addition, assignee have the ability to track and update status of the email which is visible to rest of the team.

Hiver review by Lukas B.
Lukas B.

"A must have tool for our company"

What do you like best?

-It's very user friendly, meaning that all the employees are able to use it straight away, no training. And it's also very easy to use for administrators

-Support is super fast

-Frequent updates with new features!

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of something I dislike....

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying several similar products, I'm happy I chose Hiver for my office. Frequent updates and great, fast and friendly support

Before hiver, we used to save every single mail into our server in the relevant project folder. If someone needed to get notified, we would forward the mail to him/her. Since this was time wasting, not everyone in the company was good in archiving mail. As a result, we sometimes lost mail that was important

Hiver makes it very easy to split mailboxes into "projects-labels" and share them with the relevant people that are assigned for each project. So every user has the same labels (labels are super easy to apply), there are no duplicates and everything is accessible all the time since it stays in our inbox for all assigned users.

When a project is complete, we then just select its' label and archive it.

Hiver review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Simplistic"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Hiver. How simple yet effective it is to use the tags so you can narrow down the emails to a category you wish to focus on. Very quick at closing emails and actioning what you have requested.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot assign an email to more than one person (if this applies to more than one person it is difficult to work around this)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, use this to a maximum potential, it is great for narrowing emails and assigning them to the correct person and department. Even timeframes (48-hour emails) to keep within a certain time period.

Much quicker with assigning emails.

Easy use of tags so we can narrow down searches in categories - helpful for managing workloads.

Hiver review by Jack B.
Jack B.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and use, cost effective and very useful for team emails.

What do you dislike?

Support for mobile devices (notes) would be very helpful as several members of our team use emails on their phones. I appreciate this may be a difficult problem to solve, but even read only access to notes would be very useful.

Slightly disappointed that shared contacts is now discontinued as that was a useful feature, however I understand the desire to focus on doing 1 thing well and there are other tools available for this feature (which the Hiver support team were very helpful in recommending)

We required a shared inbox for 3 members of our customer service team which Hiver has solved perfectly. We utilise over 30 shared labels and we now use it for collaboration in other areas of the business. It's an excellent way to share information and present a professional image to the customer.

The notes feature was an added benefit which we were not expecting to use but allows me to answer questions that the team have and allow them to write out the correspondence with the customer.

Hiver review by Carl M.
Carl M.

"We could not work without HIVER!!"

What do you like best?

Our team is made up 2 virtual workers, and 3 here in the office.

What i love about the app, is the visibility it gives me wether I am at my desk or on the road on my phone:- At a glance I can see what people are doing, How customer service issues and projects are progressing and being completed.. We all love how easy it makes collaboration and smooth workflow.

What do you dislike?

If you are going to share a folder that already has a LOT of emails in it with co workers, the software gets grumpy, and you will need to contact Hiver to get them to allow the large number of emails be synced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it will save you time and your colleagues will love the transparency and ease of use

CUSTOMER SERVICE

PROJECT MANAGEMENT - We use the notes facility a lot here

Hiver review by Julia T.
Julia T.

"My team loves Hiver!"

What do you like best?

We love the great customer service of the Hiver team! We also love these shared inbox features:

-collision detection

-shared labels

-shared notes

-change log for each email

-team visibility

-analytics

-Hiver snooze

-shared templates

What do you dislike?

I think there could be improvements to some of the automations, they are overly simple at the moment and you need to use Gmail filters in conjunction with them in most cases.

We are solving the issue of having too many people in one inbox with no accountability. As a team lead, I am most excited for the visibility I now have into the workflow of my entire team.

Hiver review by Clarissa W.
Clarissa W.

"Love the email tracker!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that when I send an email, all I have to do is turn on the tracker at the bottom of the email and I know when the email has been opened and read. This is my favorite part of Hiver! I also like the fact that I can share an inbox with another user if I ever need to.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I love everything about Hiver!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the email tracker and shared inbox. They are the best parts of Hiver. You can also share labels with your employees or business partners and even have an email come back to you at a certain time after you sent it out.

I know when all of my emails are opened and read and usually know when to expect an email from the person I sent it to.

Hiver review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Very useful and time saving "

What do you like best?

- Can create preset templates and save them to saves time.

- Able to share with a team working on the same project- to reduce miscommunication and make sure everyone is conveying the same message.

- Able to share specific templates with specific people - so the relevant people just have to be added to the list when new team members join.

What do you dislike?

Once you have multiple templates, checking which person has access to which templates becomes difficult, as you have to open each email template, and only then can you check who is shared on it.

Takes a lot of time, if team changes on a project.

- Saves time.

- Ensures spell checks/ inaccuracies are checked just once, by one person assigned to the task of making the template, even if multiple people will be using it.

Hiver review by Shin Thu S.
Shin Thu S.

"Lightweight, practical, no fluff"

What do you like best?

Harmonizes beautifully and locally with Gmail

No need to ramp or learn a separate UI

Gets the job done, skipping unnecessary bells and whistles that infect other apps

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far

We haven't the time to explore advanced integrations and rules

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define explicitly what each email status means workwise

"Pending" vs "Open"

Set team goals on what "end of day" queue should look like

Efficiently divide work between agents on a global team, working multiple issues in multiple timezones

Our inbox is both internal client and external client facing

Hiver review by Administrator

"Hiver trumps Keeping any day!!"

What do you like best?

Hiver is like the Porsche of shared mailboxes, we used keeping for a while and it just isn't worth it. Once we switched to Hiver our share mailbox management was like night and day. We can leave each other easy visible notes, alert each other of task changes, write part of the email and draft it for someone else to finish.

What do you dislike?

The shared labels are not as useful as we had hoped, they are hard to manage and don't do the same thing gmail labels do in our personal inboxes.

All the small support emails used to build up in our inboxes, now they get shared with the team and we don't have to worry about them getting buried in an individuals inbox.

Hiver review by Andy K.
Andy K.

"Very helpful for teams!"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy email sharing via gmail tags.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Its so simple to use and the support tis great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and keep everything in your inbox instead of adding multiple support/email based ticketing solutions.

We are a very collaborative team, each sharing many roles. Shared email tags make keeping everyone in the loop very easy. Also emails from customers to a generic contact email address get replied to by a person, which they tend to like a lot!

Hiver review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Shared labels for easier email collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hiver provides a seamless way of sharing folders between teams and colleagues in Gmail. It makes collaboration much easier and eliminates the need for forwarding emails. Our management team finds Hiver particularly useful during the initial stages of a new client lead -- emails to shared labels are automatically labelled for appropriate manager to action and follow up.

What do you dislike?

In the past we've has some syncing issues, and in some cases products may be rolled out too quickly, but the support provided by the Hiver team makes up for it. They're quick to respond, professional and any issues tend to be resolved very quickly.

Removing the walls that are typically erected between each email account -- Hiver allows us to share email so multiple people and teams can view the same email.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Finally a way of dealing with feedback efficiently"

What do you like best?

User feedback no longer falls through the cracks. On a rotating basis, one team member monitors the shared mailbox and assigns feedback to the designated person. Together with internal chats, the entire chain to resolve an issue stays together. Feedback emails are no longer hidden among the noise of all other emails. This is processing user feedback made easy!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could limit the Conversation View to just Hiver, but I guess that's just how Gmail works. There can be a significant time lag in the announcements on Slack that en email has been added to the shared inbox, but that's a minor issue, since Slack is mostly important for alerts that somebody assigned something to me. Finally, closing a ticket on the App did not result in the ticket disappearing from my folder.

We use Hiver to process user feedback. Hiver has made this so much more efficient and reponse collisions no longer happen.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Hiver is an Excellent Product for Managing Group Email Accounts"

What do you like best?

There are numerous features that we like about Hiver, but the best features are: (i) the ability to assign to emails to different users and track whether the actions are "Open" or "Pending"; (ii) shared labels and tags; (iii) the social media functionality; and (iv) reporting.

What do you dislike?

Since we are setting up several group email accounts, we would have appreciated advice about how to appropriately set up each account in the most efficient way. For instance, we set up one of our group email accounts as a user, and now we can't change it and will have to keep paying for an extra seat license for as long as we use Hiver. We've also had some difficulty with some users not being able to access shared labels even though they've been added. I would like to report on the number of individual emails -- not just email conversations -- as this would give me a better indication of workload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you receive Guidance from Hiver about how to initially set up the group email accounts, as some decisions cannot be easily changed.

We are solving numerous problems. First, we use Hiver to ensure our organization responds in a timely and appropriate manner to our customers. Second, Hiver is extremely useful in transitioning work to other staff members when folks are sick, on vacation or on FMLA. Third, Hiver simplifies the communications between our clients and our organization.

Hiver review by Brian Del Terzo C.
Brian Del Terzo C.

"A fantastic collaborative tool for team email management!"

What do you like best?

This solution has allowed us to manage support emails through g suite directly rather than managing them through a separate solutions such as Zendesk. Their support is top notch. There is almost always someone available on chat and if not, the email replies are same business day.

What do you dislike?

There are some options that I am looking forward to seeing come available, but I have complete confidence in the DEV team behind Hiver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Client email support management and internal team communication.

Hiver review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Great tool overall"

What do you like best?

- Inexpensive solution to managing a shared email alias

- Hiver's Shared Inbox functionality

- Syncing 'Read' emails across shared inboxes

- Easily able to assign tasks to team members

- Shared notes feature

- Dashboard that shows metrics

- Visibility in replies to emails coming from shared email alias

What do you dislike?

- Lag time in functionality when adding new users (i.e. syncing 'read' emails across shared inboxes, visibility in replies to emails coming from shared email alias)

- 24 hour turn around time for urgent support when having issues with Hiver

- There is a "source user" and when that user leaves and a new one is added, emails from original source user get buggy (Hiver labels disappear)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please have a support team in all regions it is operating in. It's difficult to get immediate support, especially when it's urgent/affecting the business workflow of the company using the product. I've had a few cases where I needed support right away and ended up having to delete/uninstall Hiver only to have to reinstall it later.

We have a shared email that have five users managing it (i.e. AP@company.com). We needed a tool that would allow us to assign emails to a teammate, sync read emails across inboxes, and have replies visible to all members of the email alias without having to copy the email alias. This tool gives us that and more (shared internal notes is great!)

Hiver review by Mason E.
Mason E.

"Hiver is great!"

What do you like best?

Hiver makes it super easy to configure multiple inboxes to support cross-team efforts.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the extension doesn't play well with Chrome!

We are managing incoming messages from hundreds of people in different states / territories. Hiver makes it easy to segment these out by different inboxes and ensure each email gets a response by ensuring accountability via tagging. We never forget to respond, and no more leads slipping through the cracks.

Hiver review by Manuel T.
Manuel T.

"Perfect match."

What do you like best?

A perfect match for our needs on team work and work distribution organisation. Honestly haven't found any alternative to Hiver. Simple, plain, and exactly what we need. And no complicated setup procedures, or administrator boredom. Actually wish Google Apps for Business was a bit more like this ...

What do you dislike?

Nothing (yet). We've only just started. And guess you just need to use it for what it is and what it says it can do. And that deserves rather a Like than a Dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firstly determine your internal needs and work flow.

We're now using mainly the Shared Mailbox feature within our Central Reservations department to handle, process and archive hotel reservations. The ability to distribute incoming reservations and requests among team members without endless internal cc and forwarding communications is a major benefit, generating efficiency and time gain. In a next step, the Shared Folders will contribute to better archiving and internal information sharing.

Hiver review by Lars B.
Lars B.

"Hiver helps us to share knowledge across the team"

What do you like best?

That we can continue to use Gmail but still have a shared inbox—work where you work everyday but still work together

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, Hiver does exactly what we need it to do

Working together in sales, customer support within your normal Gmail inbox without introducing a new tool. Customers can just write you to your normal email address but you can still share the knowledge.

Hiver review by Tim J.
Tim J.

"Essential App for Google Suite users"

What do you like best?

If you live in gmail or google suite (apps) in a team environment you simply need to use Hiver. We've used it since the beginning and it improves month after month in features, speed & support level. In fact I don't recall using another app where I've had better support. The team are constantly improving an already great product. I've personally asked for several features over the past 2 years and the team have actually implemented my ideas.

The best thing about Hiver is the pool of features for the price. eg shared mailboxes, shared labels, email templates, email reminders... the list goes on.

What do you dislike?

I'm disappointed Hiver decided to discontinue shared contacts recently.

The No 1 benefit is solving the shared mailbox issue that Google never bothered to implement (go figure)

Hiver allows us to assign or track emails and outcomes.

Hiver allows us to move emails across company venues, departments and people, to track customer or supplier issues from start to finish.

Hiver review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Organize Your GMail Groups"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign emails to add accountability to teams. The ability to scale the solution to multiple teams without redeployment is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Plugins are heavily within Chrome processing. But, this is an unavoidable necessity of the solution.

True accountability of emails inbound to important email groups. Analytics of the incoming emails, engagements and processing times have help us realize deficiencies in staffing levels.

Hiver review by Mackenzie G.
Mackenzie G.

"I enjoy using hiver"

What do you like best?

being able to hiver in my co-workers and having side conversations that don't create a read e-mail thread due to forward vs. replies

What do you dislike?

when an old e-mail gets hiver'd, instead of it being bumped to the top, it gets placed at the date that the original e-mail was sent

The benefits have been that it creates an easier way of sharing e-mails with co-workers

Hiver review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"So glad I found Hiver!"

What do you like best?

I love the shared labels and being able to use them through the Gmail interface on my browser and on my phone. It makes coordinating communication with my assistant so easy.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that I dislike anything about it. Hiver's features offer exactly the tools we needed to be efficient.

After seven years of running an online business, I have grown overwhelmed by all the emails. My filtering systems weren't enough, so I needed a way to collaborate with my assistant on the inbox. Hiver lets us transfer emails back and forth easily using shared labels, so we each know what needs to be done with them when they arrive. Now my communication demands are greatly reduced and I can focus more on the activities that grow my business. I suspect we will continue to find more ways to take advantage of Hiver in the future.

Hiver review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Couldn't work without Hiver!"

What do you like best?

The ability to share tags between users.

What do you dislike?

We really like the product and have no complaints.

My colleague and I have used Hiver for years to provide support to users of the open source software we developed. The shared tags allow us to keep track of ongoing support conversations, assign them to one another, and flag when they're complete. This ensures that queries from users don't fall through the cracks.

Hiver review by Travis Michael S.
Travis Michael S.

"Hiver has been instrumental to our communication management."

What do you like best?

Hiver has consolidated our team's communications into a singular communication resource, allowing us to dynamically respond to our numerous clients with the full communication history regardless of individual's specific correspondence. For our consulting practice, knowing what information was given, when, and by whom is critical to assuring timely guidance to our clients and responsiveness that evolves with the development of our projects.

What do you dislike?

The quick changing nature of our projects requires us to reclassify and categorize our communications regularly to prioritize attention by our team. There can be lags sometimes between the initiation of these changes within the Hiver administrator interface and the visual change at the user end. This minor challenge is far offset by the benefits of the system however.

With 14 people sharing varied responsibilities across 80+ projects at any time. Being able to quickly and independently understand the communication history of our various team members with our clients has been instrumental to improving the quality of our services and the accuracy and timeliness of our communications with our clients. Before Hiver we understood we had a problem with "project history". We looked to Hiver as a "solution" to this problem. However, what we realized was that Hiver has turned our project history "problem" into a project history "advantage". Our clients have remarked at our ability to quickly, accurately, and immediately recall long lost communications with various project stakeholders for their benefit in maintaining accountability for their projects.

Hiver review by Wade A.
Wade A.

"The Cloud Storage of Email: Privacy and efficiency in one"

What do you like best?

In today's world it is often hard to determine how much access employees should have between accounts. Giving to little access will hinder productivity and giving too much access will not allow for autonomy. Having hiver as our middle-man is a great compromise. Hiver is able to give me the ability to read up to date conversations that my colleagues are having without having the unnecessary trouble of ccing or bccing. It's the reason why companies use servers or Google Drive. Rather than duplicate documents several times and merge together later I am able to work within the same email chain as my other colleagues and make work faster and gives my boss security to know that something is taking care of through the simple click of a label.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sharing labels can lead to a cluttered inbox. I also wish I could set up filters like I can with gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a way to implement smart filtering.

I am the executive assistant to the president and I am now able to keep her up to date on tasks without having to jeopardize the firms confidentiality.

Hiver review by Lasse J.
Lasse J.

"Great tool for inbox sharing/management across a team of operators"

What do you like best?

The ability to work across in unique inbox(es) across various departments/teams.

What do you dislike?

Adding or removing labels manually causes Hiver to crash. Educating staff on this is paramount. Would be great if this could be somehow blocked or have a warning pop up when trying to remove Hiver labels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support team. Instant feed back and assistance. Be careful when installing as part of a Gsuite migration as Hiver will handle all migrated email threads as new cases that'll need to be closed. Do your migration first, and then turn Hiver on and you will have no issues.

Effective management of several customer facing inboxes.

Hiver review by Yahu P.
Yahu P.

"Best helpdesk system to integrate to Gsuite!"

What do you like best?

is so amazing to be able to do it all within your regular email. Love love Hiver!!!

What do you dislike?

the only thing I don't like is the comments, which are the most important, are not easily accessible to view it all unless you go inside each email and look at the panel section where comments are. There should be a way to have an easier form of seeing all comments at glance and going inside the email that demands the most our action right away. This should be fixed quick.

customer support

* We monitor all Hiver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.