Hiver

Hiver turns Gmail into a simple, powerful collaboration and customer support tool.

Work for Hiver?

Learning about Hiver?

Hiver Reviews

Ask Hiver a Question
Showing 82 Hiver reviews
Hiver review by <span>Bobby G.</span>
Bobby G.

"Hiver, bringing the best out of Gmail!"

What do you like best?

Put simply, the fact that you can easily share mailboxes and labels within Gmail is the most useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i have come across that i dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Hiver. The installation and setup of the software is incredibly easy. It does everything that you would expect Gmail to do without the use of Groups. It will allow you to share Email address's between multiple people, as well as labels and this is incredibly useful. The support that you get with Hiver is second to none. There was an incident last week in which i had a small problem with the initial setup of a second shared email address. I sent them an email when i arrived at work at 8am and within 10 minutes i had received a reply and someone had remoted to the problem PC and resolved the problem! I would highly recommend Hiver to anyone that that is having trouble or would like shared mailboxes and labels. For everything that you get the price is very good for the support and software itself. Hiver would work very well within small teams, receptionists or any other management team that receives multiple emails daily to different address with more than 2 people accessing and replying to these.

Having the ability to assign Jobs/emails to staff members where applicable. Sharing of emails while still having the ability to assign specific jobs to specific users with the helpdesk function sides of things,

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hiver
Hiver review by <span>Melissa H.</span>
Melissa H.

"We use Hiver to manage a shared inbox"

What do you like best?

We really appreciate the responsiveness of the HIVER team when we've suggested changes or updates that might improve the system, they've always been fast to respond and taken the suggestions on board.

The most useful features for the team are the snooze and template functions, and for management are the performance stats provided.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a bit of a lag between closing an email or doing another action on an email and it actually moving, and sometimes it can take a few seconds for the HIVER folders to appear when first opening gmail. Other than that it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good idea to sit down and plan how you'll use this tool before jumping into it - as it can take a little while to properly understand the ins and outs of how it works. Also, do some planning first based on what you want to get out of HIVER to avoid confusion or setting the system up in a way which isn't the most efficient manner.

It's helping us to track who does what in the team, who is replying to what kind of emails and how long it takes them. It helps us to keep track of who has been responding to a customer more easily and ensure that the same person replies continually. The collision alerts are also very useful for helping us to avoid overlapping where two people answer the same email, and the notes function allows us to add comments to an email string for internal use.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Hiver review by <span>Scott L.</span>
Scott L.

"Hiver has increased productivity and internal office communication"

What do you like best?

Hiver has allowed our staff to manage the workflow of orders sent to our company through two different email addresses. Each member can pull orders, respond, and process. This is all trackable and transparent so the team can view production results and status of orders. The ability to assign work is very helpful. Simply AMAZING and accelerated our growth.

What do you dislike?

When a customer continues an email string from previous orders we get that complete email history. This could go back a couple years worth of correspondence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any change can be a challenge, the staff at Hiver was there each time we reached out. The transitioned us quickly and no loss to business. Priced strong.

We get most of our orders via email. Using Hiver allows two emails to be merged into one workflow. This makes it simple for our customers and referral sources. Also the ability to track, review internal actions and responses, and assign work is extremely productive.

"Just What We Needed"

What do you like best?

As a small business, it's imperative that we have visibility between all members of our staff on all emails. Hiver has allowed us to ensure that we reply as soon as possible to incoming emails, and allows the whole team to be on the same page with all our responses. Shared drafts are really awesome; I like being able to work on an important email collaboratively and see the edits in real-time.

What do you dislike?

I think that the initial set-up is a little confusing if you select someone to get updates it's overwhelming. The default, in most cases, should be that nobody receives updates every time the label is added or assigned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sharing email responsibilities with a team of people, I am not sure how you would do it efficiently without Hiver. I would recommend for all small businesses who are experiencing growth and need a tool that is able to grow as your team grows.

We are able to work collaboratively as a team to quickly respond to incoming emails. We have visibility to when something has already been replied to, if it's in the process of being replied to, and what needs follow-up.

Hiver review by <span>Angel A.</span>
Angel A.

"Hiver: My favorite GMail add-on and help-desk solution"

What do you like best?

- The Shared Labels and Notes features, that make collaborating in GMail much faster and convenien.

- Shared Mailboxes, and how they let you use GMail as a helpdesk and avoid using external services

- The thread splitting feature for Shared Mailboxes, that fixes GMail (wrong) threading behavior by separating e-mails from diffent senders into different threads

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Hiver doesn't have a feature to add a "one-click feedback survey" at the end of all the e-mails sent from the Shared Mailbox.

I also think that current reports and Shared Mailboxes automations could be improved.

I use Hiver for e-mail collaboration between team members inside my company, and also as a Help Desk solution: to process support tickets.

Hiver review by <span>Dan H.</span>
Dan H.

"Solid Helpdesk w/ excellent support & service"

What do you like best?

My favorite of Hiver's capabilities is that of the side-bar chat; I regularly communicate with team members about emails within the email itself, which is exceedingly convenient.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes, when using Hiver, teammates have the tendency to miss emails that were assigned to others, but perhaps would have been beneficial to two or more team members. We've tried overcoming that obstacle by using the side-bar chat and notifications for tags, in which the person who was not assigned, but may have benefited by reading the message, can be @-tagged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions for the Hiver team, ask them; their support staff seems to work 24-hours and is always prompt and helpful.

Our consolidated and shared email started out as an absolute disaster before we found Hiver, but it has become organized and efficient since we brought it into the team. We tried Distributions lists, but emails could be missed fairly easily, then we tried all logging into the same email (this was the most chaotic).

Hiver review by <span>Dave S.</span>
Dave S.

"Hiver is Great"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature in HIver is the shared inbox. It makes it extremely easy to delegate emails within the team.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike. It really solves our problem well. The one thing that is missing for me is an integrated knowledge database that would allow my reps to search information that would help them do their job and provide even better service to our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out your processes first if you haven't already done so. Focus on redundant inquiries / tasks and then apply the Hiver tool to those. Train your team to properly use it.

I own a small service oriented business. We get a variety of inquiries from customers via email. We have always used the labels in our GSuite (Google for Work) Gmail account to organize and prioritize incoming requests. Our first problem is visibility among the team. The challenge has always been sharing the work between users. Hiver solves this problem. With Hiver we can use shared labels and shared inboxes to ensure everyone has access to customer requests. Also we can clarify who is taking ownership of a request. Different users can reply to subsequent threads in an email string without forwards creating a seamless experience for our customers. Also, we use templates to be consistent in our communications and speed up our response time. These features have reduced confusion within our team and improved our productivity and customer experience. It works perfect.

Hiver review by <span>David W.</span>
David W.

"Hiver - Function over Form."

What do you like best?

Overall, Hiver is a very well thought-out & functional tool. It integrates seamlessly with GMail and increases productivity through collaboration and sharing of information. Apart from the main Hiver label-sharing service, my personal favourite feature is the shared templates - a single location for all company email templates, shared only with those who need them; no clutter. Best Customer Service I've ever come across, it's insane how efficient the Hiver Team are!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Hiver, I've been using it since it's early days and it's been steadily growing and adding new (and more importantly, useful!) features regularly. Generally it has been problem-free, no crashing, no major issues... I can't offer any negative feedback on it, it does what it set out to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solution which can help to organise and tidy-up the workload of a team, then this is an excellent product. No more forwarding mails, everyone has access to the information they need. It's a great product for collaboration within the workplace and definitely worth the fee.

I've a small office with a handful of staff, everyone has their role, but when one team member is absent the others have to pick up where that team member left off... Without having to log-in to several accounts, all the correspondence is at hand for quick access if required, ensuring a seamless service in the event of an absence.

Hiver review by <span>Maxime L.</span>
Maxime L.

"It does very well what it does"

What do you like best?

Simple - Easy - Not expensive - very well intagrated with Gmail - Notes that we can attach and share.

We have a strong use the shared mailbox

We expect to use more email templates and shared labels

The product has a high value for us

What do you dislike?

nothing for the moment, we have 3 months of use.

The main problem was to solve requests sent to our support. Before Hiver we had a redirect email adress (support@) that was redirected to the each email adress of people in the team. Each time one answered to a request, we had to add this redirect email adress in copy. To answer to a request, one person need information from other people of team and for he transfered the email. And also it was not clear who would be take in charge the request. So we received tones of email and we were not very efficient. In the past we tested zendesk and other products, but it was to complicated for us. Now with Hiver we are definitly more efficient, we send less email internally inside the support team. because it is perfectly integrated in Gmail, Hiver is not a tool in addition, so it does not really need to change our habits. I highly recommend this product.

In the next month

Hiver review by <span>Lukas B.</span>
Lukas B.

"A must have tool for our company"

What do you like best?

-It's very user friendly, meaning that all the employees are able to use it straight away, no training. And it's also very easy to use for administrators

-Support is super fast

-Frequent updates with new features!

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of something I dislike....

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying several similar products, I'm happy I chose Hiver for my office. Frequent updates and great, fast and friendly support

Before hiver, we used to save every single mail into our server in the relevant project folder. If someone needed to get notified, we would forward the mail to him/her. Since this was time wasting, not everyone in the company was good in archiving mail. As a result, we sometimes lost mail that was important

Hiver makes it very easy to split mailboxes into "projects-labels" and share them with the relevant people that are assigned for each project. So every user has the same labels (labels are super easy to apply), there are no duplicates and everything is accessible all the time since it stays in our inbox for all assigned users.

When a project is complete, we then just select its' label and archive it.

Hiver review by <span>Jack B.</span>
Jack B.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and use, cost effective and very useful for team emails.

What do you dislike?

Support for mobile devices (notes) would be very helpful as several members of our team use emails on their phones. I appreciate this may be a difficult problem to solve, but even read only access to notes would be very useful.

Slightly disappointed that shared contacts is now discontinued as that was a useful feature, however I understand the desire to focus on doing 1 thing well and there are other tools available for this feature (which the Hiver support team were very helpful in recommending)

We required a shared inbox for 3 members of our customer service team which Hiver has solved perfectly. We utilise over 30 shared labels and we now use it for collaboration in other areas of the business. It's an excellent way to share information and present a professional image to the customer.

The notes feature was an added benefit which we were not expecting to use but allows me to answer questions that the team have and allow them to write out the correspondence with the customer.

Hiver review by <span>Carl M.</span>
Carl M.

"We could not work without HIVER!!"

What do you like best?

Our team is made up 2 virtual workers, and 3 here in the office.

What i love about the app, is the visibility it gives me wether I am at my desk or on the road on my phone:- At a glance I can see what people are doing, How customer service issues and projects are progressing and being completed.. We all love how easy it makes collaboration and smooth workflow.

What do you dislike?

If you are going to share a folder that already has a LOT of emails in it with co workers, the software gets grumpy, and you will need to contact Hiver to get them to allow the large number of emails be synced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it will save you time and your colleagues will love the transparency and ease of use

CUSTOMER SERVICE

PROJECT MANAGEMENT - We use the notes facility a lot here

Hiver review by <span>Julia T.</span>
Julia T.

"My team loves Hiver!"

What do you like best?

We love the great customer service of the Hiver team! We also love these shared inbox features:

-collision detection

-shared labels

-shared notes

-change log for each email

-team visibility

-analytics

-Hiver snooze

-shared templates

What do you dislike?

I think there could be improvements to some of the automations, they are overly simple at the moment and you need to use Gmail filters in conjunction with them in most cases.

We are solving the issue of having too many people in one inbox with no accountability. As a team lead, I am most excited for the visibility I now have into the workflow of my entire team.

Hiver review by <span>Clarissa W.</span>
Clarissa W.

"Love the email tracker!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that when I send an email, all I have to do is turn on the tracker at the bottom of the email and I know when the email has been opened and read. This is my favorite part of Hiver! I also like the fact that I can share an inbox with another user if I ever need to.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I love everything about Hiver!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the email tracker and shared inbox. They are the best parts of Hiver. You can also share labels with your employees or business partners and even have an email come back to you at a certain time after you sent it out.

I know when all of my emails are opened and read and usually know when to expect an email from the person I sent it to.

Hiver review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Very useful and time saving "

What do you like best?

- Can create preset templates and save them to saves time.

- Able to share with a team working on the same project- to reduce miscommunication and make sure everyone is conveying the same message.

- Able to share specific templates with specific people - so the relevant people just have to be added to the list when new team members join.

What do you dislike?

Once you have multiple templates, checking which person has access to which templates becomes difficult, as you have to open each email template, and only then can you check who is shared on it.

Takes a lot of time, if team changes on a project.

- Saves time.

- Ensures spell checks/ inaccuracies are checked just once, by one person assigned to the task of making the template, even if multiple people will be using it.

Hiver review by <span>Daniel W.</span>
Daniel W.

"Shared labels for easier email collaboration"

What do you like best?

Hiver provides a seamless way of sharing folders between teams and colleagues in Gmail. It makes collaboration much easier and eliminates the need for forwarding emails. Our management team finds Hiver particularly useful during the initial stages of a new client lead -- emails to shared labels are automatically labelled for appropriate manager to action and follow up.

What do you dislike?

In the past we've has some syncing issues, and in some cases products may be rolled out too quickly, but the support provided by the Hiver team makes up for it. They're quick to respond, professional and any issues tend to be resolved very quickly.

Removing the walls that are typically erected between each email account -- Hiver allows us to share email so multiple people and teams can view the same email.

Hiver review by <span>Mike M.</span>
Mike M.

"Bringing Public Folders and Help Desk functionality into Gmail"

What do you like best?

Being able to share Gmail labels across teams and employees, ease of setup, help desk functionality into Gmail is great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet - everything works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for Microsoft Exchange functionality out of Gmail, Hiver is a great solution. The Help Desk is everything a smaller business like ours (50-100 employees) needs.

Using Hiver allows us to purchase one product to yield multiple benefits. We utilize both the Help Desk and Shared label functionality across teams and employees. The Help Desk function is great for our teams as it let's everyone know what each other is working on, and can let team leads assign tasks right through the Gmail interface. Shared labels keep everyone in the know and allow cross-department knowledge sharing.

Hiver review by <span>Brian Del Terzo C.</span>
Brian Del Terzo C.

"A fantastic collaborative tool for team email management!"

What do you like best?

This solution has allowed us to manage support emails through g suite directly rather than managing them through a separate solutions such as Zendesk. Their support is top notch. There is almost always someone available on chat and if not, the email replies are same business day.

What do you dislike?

There are some options that I am looking forward to seeing come available, but I have complete confidence in the DEV team behind Hiver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Client email support management and internal team communication.

Hiver review by <span>Lauren C.</span>
Lauren C.

"Great tool overall"

What do you like best?

- Inexpensive solution to managing a shared email alias

- Hiver's Shared Inbox functionality

- Syncing 'Read' emails across shared inboxes

- Easily able to assign tasks to team members

- Shared notes feature

- Dashboard that shows metrics

- Visibility in replies to emails coming from shared email alias

What do you dislike?

- Lag time in functionality when adding new users (i.e. syncing 'read' emails across shared inboxes, visibility in replies to emails coming from shared email alias)

- 24 hour turn around time for urgent support when having issues with Hiver

- There is a "source user" and when that user leaves and a new one is added, emails from original source user get buggy (Hiver labels disappear)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please have a support team in all regions it is operating in. It's difficult to get immediate support, especially when it's urgent/affecting the business workflow of the company using the product. I've had a few cases where I needed support right away and ended up having to delete/uninstall Hiver only to have to reinstall it later.

We have a shared email that have five users managing it (i.e. AP@company.com). We needed a tool that would allow us to assign emails to a teammate, sync read emails across inboxes, and have replies visible to all members of the email alias without having to copy the email alias. This tool gives us that and more (shared internal notes is great!)

Hiver review by <span>Manuel T.</span>
Manuel T.

"Perfect match."

What do you like best?

A perfect match for our needs on team work and work distribution organisation. Honestly haven't found any alternative to Hiver. Simple, plain, and exactly what we need. And no complicated setup procedures, or administrator boredom. Actually wish Google Apps for Business was a bit more like this ...

What do you dislike?

Nothing (yet). We've only just started. And guess you just need to use it for what it is and what it says it can do. And that deserves rather a Like than a Dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firstly determine your internal needs and work flow.

We're now using mainly the Shared Mailbox feature within our Central Reservations department to handle, process and archive hotel reservations. The ability to distribute incoming reservations and requests among team members without endless internal cc and forwarding communications is a major benefit, generating efficiency and time gain. In a next step, the Shared Folders will contribute to better archiving and internal information sharing.

Hiver review by <span>Tim J.</span>
Tim J.

"Essential App for Google Suite users"

What do you like best?

If you live in gmail or google suite (apps) in a team environment you simply need to use Hiver. We've used it since the beginning and it improves month after month in features, speed & support level. In fact I don't recall using another app where I've had better support. The team are constantly improving an already great product. I've personally asked for several features over the past 2 years and the team have actually implemented my ideas.

The best thing about Hiver is the pool of features for the price. eg shared mailboxes, shared labels, email templates, email reminders... the list goes on.

What do you dislike?

I'm disappointed Hiver decided to discontinue shared contacts recently.

The No 1 benefit is solving the shared mailbox issue that Google never bothered to implement (go figure)

Hiver allows us to assign or track emails and outcomes.

Hiver allows us to move emails across company venues, departments and people, to track customer or supplier issues from start to finish.

Hiver review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"So glad I found Hiver!"

What do you like best?

I love the shared labels and being able to use them through the Gmail interface on my browser and on my phone. It makes coordinating communication with my assistant so easy.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that I dislike anything about it. Hiver's features offer exactly the tools we needed to be efficient.

After seven years of running an online business, I have grown overwhelmed by all the emails. My filtering systems weren't enough, so I needed a way to collaborate with my assistant on the inbox. Hiver lets us transfer emails back and forth easily using shared labels, so we each know what needs to be done with them when they arrive. Now my communication demands are greatly reduced and I can focus more on the activities that grow my business. I suspect we will continue to find more ways to take advantage of Hiver in the future.

Hiver review by <span>Travis Michael S.</span>
Travis Michael S.

"Hiver has been instrumental to our communication management."

What do you like best?

Hiver has consolidated our team's communications into a singular communication resource, allowing us to dynamically respond to our numerous clients with the full communication history regardless of individual's specific correspondence. For our consulting practice, knowing what information was given, when, and by whom is critical to assuring timely guidance to our clients and responsiveness that evolves with the development of our projects.

What do you dislike?

The quick changing nature of our projects requires us to reclassify and categorize our communications regularly to prioritize attention by our team. There can be lags sometimes between the initiation of these changes within the Hiver administrator interface and the visual change at the user end. This minor challenge is far offset by the benefits of the system however.

With 14 people sharing varied responsibilities across 80+ projects at any time. Being able to quickly and independently understand the communication history of our various team members with our clients has been instrumental to improving the quality of our services and the accuracy and timeliness of our communications with our clients. Before Hiver we understood we had a problem with "project history". We looked to Hiver as a "solution" to this problem. However, what we realized was that Hiver has turned our project history "problem" into a project history "advantage". Our clients have remarked at our ability to quickly, accurately, and immediately recall long lost communications with various project stakeholders for their benefit in maintaining accountability for their projects.

Hiver review by <span>Wade A.</span>
Wade A.

"The Cloud Storage of Email: Privacy and efficiency in one"

What do you like best?

In today's world it is often hard to determine how much access employees should have between accounts. Giving to little access will hinder productivity and giving too much access will not allow for autonomy. Having hiver as our middle-man is a great compromise. Hiver is able to give me the ability to read up to date conversations that my colleagues are having without having the unnecessary trouble of ccing or bccing. It's the reason why companies use servers or Google Drive. Rather than duplicate documents several times and merge together later I am able to work within the same email chain as my other colleagues and make work faster and gives my boss security to know that something is taking care of through the simple click of a label.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sharing labels can lead to a cluttered inbox. I also wish I could set up filters like I can with gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a way to implement smart filtering.

I am the executive assistant to the president and I am now able to keep her up to date on tasks without having to jeopardize the firms confidentiality.

Hiver review by <span>Lasse J.</span>
Lasse J.

"Great tool for inbox sharing/management across a team of operators"

What do you like best?

The ability to work across in unique inbox(es) across various departments/teams.

What do you dislike?

Adding or removing labels manually causes Hiver to crash. Educating staff on this is paramount. Would be great if this could be somehow blocked or have a warning pop up when trying to remove Hiver labels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support team. Instant feed back and assistance. Be careful when installing as part of a Gsuite migration as Hiver will handle all migrated email threads as new cases that'll need to be closed. Do your migration first, and then turn Hiver on and you will have no issues.

Effective management of several customer facing inboxes.

Hiver review by <span>Michael N.</span>
Michael N.

"Great product and support"

What do you like best?

Hiver has really helped our team manage emails. When we were still in our trial, their support team helped us get setup and fixed something that was causing problems for us. It is a great product.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to create rules on emails that are sent direct to me to move over to Hiver.

Hiver solves our workflow process for email. We're a small team and everybody has been getting all of the emails so we spent as much time filtering through them as we did addressing them. Hiver has fixed that.

Hiver review by <span>Shin Thu S.</span>
Shin Thu S.

"Lightweight, practical, no fluff"

What do you like best?

Harmonizes beautifully and locally with Gmail

No need to ramp or learn a separate UI

Gets the job done, skipping unnecessary bells and whistles that infect other apps

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far

We haven't the time to explore advanced integrations and rules

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define explicitly what each email status means workwise

"Pending" vs "Open"

Set team goals on what "end of day" queue should look like

Efficiently divide work between agents on a global team, working multiple issues in multiple timezones

Our inbox is both internal client and external client facing

"I Love Hiver!"

What do you like best?

- shared inboxes

- shared templates

- same google interface and chat

- easy to create the rules for incoming emails

What do you dislike?

- I believe the analytics can be better

- to improve the response time - Hiver could come up with suggestions about how to improve it, for example pop-up messages to remind about pending or old open emails..

- sometimes you create an email and you get confused if you are sending it from your personal email or from a shared one..maybe a different color of the background would help?

- does not support the chat on our company's website

- we have 5 shared inboxes and 5 ppl in customer care and Hiver is the best solution for us as of now.

Hiver review by <span>Sonia C.</span>
Sonia C.

"The best solution for team org"

What do you like best?

Easier to track who is working on which email, it helps you to optimize resources and to follow up on team performance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, there is no dislike for this product.

Team performance

Quicker responde to emails

By having the templates option we were able to standarize the responses

Hiver review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Switched from Boomerang"

What do you like best?

We were using Boomerang but kept running into issues with emails going missing in our inbox. We would let the software know we wanted to return a message at a later date but it would often select multiple messages without us knowing and move them out of our inbox.

Hiver seems to be a lot more reliable and I also like the functionality of having templates saved and the ability to take notes and collaborate with team members on emails

What do you dislike?

The formatting for the email templates doesn't always work properly. It will past messages into the email in a different unusable (split paragraphs) when inserted.

I wish there was a phone app as well

We reuse emails quite frequently so I am trying to solve the issue with the template insert. Wanted to use this instead of google canned responses.

Also want to easily save notes to an email so that I can come back to an email with all relevant information already saved (not having to start over)

The return feature helps us in following up with customers

Hiver review by <span>Michael (MC) C.</span>
Michael (MC) C.

"Hiver is a must-have for all Google Apps Gmail users"

What do you like best?

The old concept of email is dead. That is, where each email inbox is a silo of information to just one person. That's old-school thinking. Shared inboxes just make sense for collaboration and knowledge sharing. Hiver makes sharing of emails across your organisation easy and automated. This functionality really—imho—should be offered as part of Gmail/Google Apps. Until they do (and acquire Hiver!), just get Hiver. (P.S. The sharing of template email wording across the organisation is another great feature and worth the subscription price.)

What do you dislike?

The initial uncertainty over ow we should name and structure our shared labels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be clear on your Shared Label ('folder') structure before implementing Hiver.

Knowledge sharing ad collaborative email inboxes. Why this matters? So we can provide better—more coordinated —support to our members (clients).

Hiver review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Huge Time saving for our team"

What do you like best?

we are able to see, analyze and collaborate in our workflow where our team is over 3 countries in a transparent and efficient way.

What do you dislike?

new features sometimes released "too fast" and buggy. But fixed rather fast after... but would be nice to test them strongly before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

free version is a good test. But i cant imagine living without now

Our team is in France, Ukraine, Tunesia... and we work on same projects, inbound emails etc. With this tool not only do we know each another what is going on and what each of us is doing, we also can make "notes" on emails for later use. Timesaving and improving visibility alot. Avoiding all those nasty "i put you in cc or bcc" problems.

Hiver review by <span>Michael F.</span>
Michael F.

"One of the best productivity tool we are using right now"

What do you like best?

The opportunity to share emails between colleagues without having to send emails back and forth. This is priceless!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a way of prioritising emails

The ability to check what emails are still open and pending, no only for you but also for your colleagues, and vise-versa

Hiver review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"hiver is a must-have for teams"

What do you like best?

We can now see what the other teammates are working on and what is the actual status of that case. Everyone can sort his own to-do-list and has an overview all the time

What do you dislike?

That has nothing to do with hiver directly - its more the way that apps work in gsuite. I would prefer if we could install hiver on the main accont and no matter on which pc/browser/whatever you work on mails it should be active without installing it again.

we see which teammate is working on a case. If another opinion is needed or it might be interesting we can mark that person with a lable. It is also nice for a boss to easy tell the employees who should take specific cases/mails.

"Clever support tool"

What do you like best?

Hiver is a new layer added to Gmail, including the necessary functions to assign an email to someone, automation, canned responses etc, makes support via email management easier when you deal with numerous agents and thousands of emails

What do you dislike?

nothing in particular, it's overall very good

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want complex and heavy "helpdesk" solutions, go for Hiver, it's clever, simple and easy

Saves times, helps making a better service for customers, less human errors in archiving, sorting and routing emails

Hiver review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great extension with valuable features for sales/operations team"

What do you like best?

Hiver has been a powerful tool for our growing sales and operations team. We use it to share information and communication that takes place on email amongst multiple team members that manage large customer accounts. This tool prevents hundreds of internal forwards per day, keeping email threads clean and allowing new members to chime in without a direct cc: request.

What do you dislike?

It can be 'glitchy' - some labels seem to stop working. This can be problematic because we use the program in a 'mission critical' sense. One team mate tags an new order to be processed. If Hiver fails to populate that tag on the other team member's side, the order could be missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the product out with a small test team before deploying to multiple users. Besides the obvious reasons, the program's behavior seems to present more 'glitches' on the larger scale. I have no idea how it would work if it scaled to 100+ users.

Speed of communication and collaboration. It also helps our outside sales reps when they are in the field.

Hiver review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great solution, no fuss install, prompt support."

What do you like best?

Our team was looking to share inbox's from differnt sites. "like they where used to in outlook"

I tried a few solutions and had trouble trying to convert the users into some overly complex solutions (google sites was one.) Hiver was simple and easy to understand and just worked.

What do you dislike?

Initially labels where confusing to manage but after the product being used for a while it became less confusing

My users have sometimes been problematic when I need them to install new software and with Hiver it just worked and I had no issues, i didn't need to hold their hands or send them screenshots in a how to. Again it just worked.

Hiver review by <span>Angela P.</span>
Angela P.

"Hiver has made working as an Executive/Personal Assistant much easier "

What do you like best?

I love that emails can be sent to me, that I can answer, but that others can leave notes about what it is they're looking for me to say, or how to respond. It saves the team a lot of time since I can focus on the repetitive emails we get quite often, but if there's something I need to know, they can leave me a quick note.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I had was in the very beginning where my employer and I had both signed up separately and so we had a little hiccup in the beginning trying to see the notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the notes section. It really helps, especially if someone new is stepping in. There they can see why certain emails were responded to the way they were and that helps keep "the voice" of your company consistent.

Allows for quicker email responses. More efficient. Frees up time for many.

Hiver review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Works for basic editing flow management"

What do you like best?

Keeps us on the same page, and increases version control

What do you dislike?

Having to add one label and delete another each time we move to a new stage.

I was trying to find a decent replacement for Outlook shared mailboxes within Gmail, for the sake of collaboratively shuttling copy through an editing process. For our small team, the shared labels works just fine (you can create labels that say, for instance, "edit in progress" and "Ben," to indicate that Ben is working on the edit. But adding and deleting labels at each step of the process is a bit more labor-intensive than ideal. I'd love to simply be able to associate a label with a multiple-inbox breakout on my Gmail inbox screen, then update the labels/statuses by simply dragging an email from one box to another, vs. toggling between different views, and forwarding/replying/assigning or manually deleting and adding shared labels. Could be that Hiver has already built in this functionality, but I haven't figured it out yet. :)

Hiver review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

"Makes Gmail more modern for co-operation"

What do you like best?

We can easily work together on the same e-mails for client support. Also use standard email templates for standard answers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard to search for emails, because when you 'close' them in your shared group, they will not be findable in your own private Gmail anymore, you have to work around this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We rather work with Hiverr than Gmelius.

Efficient working on emails within our client service department.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Extremely happy with Hiver! Does everything we need to manage our incoming enquiries via email."

What do you like best?

Integration with gmail means we continue using the other Chrome extensions which integrate with gmail (e.g. CRM). It's really simple to use and requires hardly any training on roll out.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps if the app was somehow integrated with gmail (and other extensions) so when we reply via the app, our responses still track in our CRM. The per user amount is a little high for us, which prevents us from rolling it out across the entire team and subsequently still having to manage some enquiries outside of Hiver.

We struggled to find an extension/app that integrated with gmail so seamlessly. Hiver allows us tomanage all enquiries sent directly to our shared email accounts

Hiver review by <span>Jim T.</span>
Jim T.

"A great lightweight tool for support. "

What do you like best?

We are most interested in the ability to quickly create group mailboxes within gmail and have a centralized account where communications can be routed.

What do you dislike?

I want this product in something more substantial than gmail. Plugins for Outlook or Mac mail would be incredible.

We were going to have to build a complete customer support solution and Hiver has enabled us to setup the bones for a support team within minutes. It buys us valuable time.

Hiver review by <span>Bobby S.</span>
Bobby S.

"Great, streamlined tool at a very reasonable price for small teams"

What do you like best?

It performs its core functions very well; sharing email labels, shared inboxes, and team communication surrounding those emails. It's also very reasonably priced for small teams.

What do you dislike?

I wish the UI were a bit more modern and aesthetically pleasing.

Not having to forward emails amongst team members.

Hiver review by <span>Andy M.</span>
Andy M.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

I love this software. It allows me us to have complete transparency in or orginizations and all emails are synced. We know if someone jumped in or not with out constantly ccing everyone.

What do you dislike?

Occassioanlly when we add a new user I get some old emails popping into my box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it. Just a nice way of bringing everything together.

Team email

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to implement and get started. You can see the immediate streamlining effects of the tool.

What do you dislike?

We already use other ticketing systems in my place of work, so it is unlikely we will continue to pay for the license.

We use a shared inbox and being able to see who is working on a ticket, assign tickets to team members, tracking the correspondence has deepy aided my team increase our transparency and efficiency.

Hiver review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"Amazing application and substitution for traditional help desk software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, integration with Gmail - virtually zero learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Not a complaint, but I wish that emails to shared addresses could skip the inbox for each rep.

- Staff management and communication

- Help desk software

- Task management

Hiver review by <span>Sam P.</span>
Sam P.

"Perfect tool for sharing email labels/folders"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup, use and being able to share project emails with our internal team.

What do you dislike?

Only very minor point is that sometimes it takes some time for the emails to sync between users.

Sharing emails on a project by project basis gives our team instant access to correspondence enabling them to support projects if another member is busy or absent.

Hiver review by <span>Amin A.</span>
Amin A.

"Hiver helps us stay on top of sales and support at VenueJar.com"

What do you like best?

I love that my sales person no longer has to remember to forward important emails to me. Having Hiver sync the emails to me (including replies) is a huge time saver.

The shared email templates are also an amazing feature that we use daily.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Only minor issue is that sometimes it takes a minute for the emails to sync between users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out ... it's not for everyone, but it definitely solves our need. And it was the only product that we could find that would "sync emails between accounts."

To keep track of our sales / support process, we like to be able to see the email conversation between our staff and our customers. Hiver allows us to seamlessly monitor all our staff's inboxes.

Hiver review by <span>Bo Garde B.</span>
Bo Garde B.

"Hiver is a great tool to keep the team in sync"

What do you like best?

Hiver has revolutionised the way that every team member is always in the loop and knows what is going on. Further it acts as an archive on every team members gmail, so everyone is able to look up information from the project conversation with the client.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasion, the labels gets mixed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a low price, it is a simple product but has made a huge difference for us.

We are doing video production. Hiver is helping us having the whole up to date with every turn the project takes.

Hiver review by <span>Pablo M. J. A.</span>
Pablo M. J. A.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

Its a amazing tool for sharing mails with specific coworkers and team members

What do you dislike?

The features and tools are ok. Maybe will be good to have a dashboard.

I can manage a lots of mails and clientes with my team. In the front the clients stay in touch with me but in the back it is my team who answer all.

Hiver review by <span>Arne d.</span>
Arne d.

"Easy and transparent"

What do you like best?

The fact that the whole workflow remains in the tool (Gmail) the support departement already was using when it was a single user department is the best feature of Hiver.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more configurable settings to be added to influence the behaviour of the product.

Centralization of e-mail flow.

Hiver review by User

"This is a great tool for sharing a gmail inbox"

What do you like best?

Its easy to assign tasks and shared labels. It helps the workflow of my team immensely. I use the tags to assign the type of task.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the product. It is fairly easy to learn to use.

I have a shared staff of accountants and bookkeepers. This tool allows me to assign tasks to team members and track the progress.

Hiver review by <span>Shantanu S.</span>
Shantanu S.

"Delivers what it promises - 5 stars for that!"

What do you like best?

It does what it promises, and quite seamlessly. We tried out quite a few other free and paid label sharing apps, but none of them worked out the we expected.

I also liked the support - prompt and helpful. We had requested a few features, which were pretty promptly implemented.

What do you dislike?

How I wish the prices were lower! :) Actually, pretty happy with the services.

I sell digital products, and I needed a easy enough tool to manage support requests. Simple requirement, and they gave me an elegant solution.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Community Theatre needed help managing patrons requests."

What do you like best?

Hiver makes it easy to manage patrons ticket requests promptly across a team of volunteers that is changing from day to day.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, meets our business needs perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service was very responsive in helping us set this product up.

We are a nonprofit with only one paid employee. Hiver allows us to manage patron requests across a team of volunteers flexibly while reducing the time it takes to respond.

Hiver review by <span>Mark W.</span>
Mark W.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I've been using hiver for a few months now and absolutely love it!

What do you dislike?

Wish you could do iOS push notifications.

Using email as a collaboration tool

Hiver review by <span>Gregory K.</span>
Gregory K.

"Great software without changing systems"

What do you like best?

It's built right into gmail and easy to add team members.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that we dislike about hiver. The iphone app could use a bit of an update.

We have A LOT of emails coming in daily that would otherwise hit each team members personal inbox. We've sped up our time of response and cleanliness of our personal inboxes with Hiver.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Hiver works great for sharing gmail folder/labels, email templates, and scheduling email sends"

What do you like best?

We signed up for the shared labels that share any emails with that label among our team members. But I really like the share email templates as well as the ability to schedule emails to be sent at a later time.

What do you dislike?

It's a relatively new feature but they could improve the organization of the email templates into folders so they are easier to organize and find when you need them

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely a good tool for sharing emails within the same domain and using email templates

It allows us access to all important company emails in gmail so that we can search by sender address and immediately find all emails to/from a customer no matter which team member dealt with them.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Hiver is an excellent tool for email management on google "

What do you like best?

Really simple plug in that works on gmail which we are so familiar with, excellent good features and more over excellent support, Raghav was awesome and promptly dealt with any questions we had

What do you dislike?

The fact that the administrator cannot be left out of the round robin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hi, would be interested in the SLA to be fit in during business hours which will be effective. Also the round robin to exclude the administrator is also important feature that needs to be added on.

Effective communication, ownership and ease of operation

Hiver review by <span>David K.</span>
David K.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Shared mailboxes makes our life so much easier

What do you dislike?

Nothing much really, it does the job we bought it for

Solving the problem of having multiple people responding to the same patients and suppliers, Hiver helps us all see the latest responses and communications so we don't have any confusion over who is dealing with different enquiries

Hiver review by <span>Ross C.</span>
Ross C.

"Lightweight, easy to use, and powerful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to get setup, and it doesn't hog my computer's resources.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor bugs I'd like to see gone. Nothing awful, but just little things you'll find as you work. I've shared my feedback with the Hiver team and they've addressed my concerns, but time will tell if they act on those fixes.

Scheduling emails and setting reminders for emails is very useful. It helps me manage my inbox more effectively.

Hiver review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

"Very good product"

What do you like best?

Very good for syncing emails across teams for follow up. Well priced, good customer support and no issues to speak of.

What do you dislike?

Can slow gmail fractionally but this can be solved by running hiver in another browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, give it a try.

Storage and retrieval of customer email for use by a team, so essentally a shared resource of customer email to see all the email history

Hiver review by <span>Peter S.</span>
Peter S.

"Great for Sales Teams"

What do you like best?

GMail integration. Fast support. Magic, great working sync. Easy to setup and flexible for existing setups.

The only solution I ever found that works for us.

What do you dislike?

Sidebar conflicts with Salesforce Inbox. No Send & Pending button. (All easy to add)

Notes should be integrated with Salesforce Chatter.

Sales coordination.

Hiver review by <span>Natalie T.</span>
Natalie T.

"Hiver: Email Sharing"

What do you like best?

That we can have shared emails across the business

What do you dislike?

The way we need to relabel and delete labels rather then rename or change the nesting label

The occasional email that has been shared without a label

Sharing of information throughout the company

Hiver review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"The service that we were looking for!"

What do you like best?

The very fast and friendly support. The fact that our shared mailboxes like "orders@.." and info@..." finally are organized through our growing team. No more doubelwork and everybody is up to date, what happened.

What do you dislike?

The nativ interface of Gmail that is necessary to use with this service. Before using hiver we used an email client, wich looked nicer and better organized. (Even though it wasn't)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If necessary, reorganize your accounts/groups/labels before starting to use hiver. Don't use shared or multile accouts, make a group or alias instead.

Better mail organisation. No more internal mail forwarding.

Hiver review by <span>Rod M.</span>
Rod M.

"Great for small teams"

What do you like best?

Shared labels and scheduled emails are great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Why is this box a minimum of 40 characters...??!

Shared labels and scheduled emails are both brilliant.

Hiver review by <span>Dean B.</span>
Dean B.

"How we use Hiver"

What do you like best?

We use Hiver as a collaboration tool in our Property Management business. It provides a way for us to work as efficiently off-site as onsite.

What do you dislike?

The interface interferes with existing windows, covering them up.

Streamlines communication between departments within our business, and allows us to respond faster to a variety of issues from tenants to owners,, to repair staff.

Hiver review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Hiver does what I need it to do."

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn and to use. I love that it allows me to add notes to my e-mails to set reminders, to do lists, and documents completed tasks.

What do you dislike?

I with there was a way to get it to work on my phone with my e-mail.

Setting reminders for completing tasks and responding to e-mails.

Hiver review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Supercharge GMAIL !"

What do you like best?

Collaboration tools for teams using G-Suite apps (i.e. gmail label sharing)

GMAIL LABEL SHARING!!!!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing overall a great tool extension to my google apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool supercharges GMAIL

Essential add on for google apps for business users

Label Sharing for an architectural practice becomes effortless with Hiver

well done the Hiver Team

Hiver review by <span>Patric S.</span>
Patric S.

"I love hiver"

What do you like best?

Hiver is super simple. The features like shared labels and mailboxes are exactly what we need as a helpdesk. Very fair pricing modells, great service.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far (but the tool here wants me to type 40 characters. Done :)

customer service we can work on with multiple people from google apps / gmail

Hiver review by Agency
Agency

"Great way to keep the inbox organised"

What do you like best?

Hiver just seems to work. Flagging emails, having them bounce back to my inbox after a set period and then even assigning to other mailboxes - it all works.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point - there have been no instances that have caused issues.

Rather than needing to forward emails to each other, and miss out on many updates or emails completely, Hiver keeps everyone needed in the loop.

Hiver review by <span>Gesche H.</span>
Gesche H.

"We were so excited to find Hiver!"

What do you like best?

Gmail integration, ease of use, intuitive

What do you dislike?

We wish we could use emojis in shared drafts

On-brand & consistent communication with our customers + training new employees on very specific company tone.

Hiver review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Buon sistema di ticketing snello e leggero."

What do you like best?

La semplicità e immediatezza d'uso con gmail

What do you dislike?

E' ancora un pò acerbo, ma vedo che ci stanno lavorando per migliorarlo

Recommendations to others considering the product

E' un buon sistema di ticketing, semplice da attivare, ma non del tutto maturo.

La condivizione di una inbox direttamente dentro gmail con altri utenti.

Hiver review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent Tool....I highly recommend trying it out."

What do you like best?

Easy to use. I am using it with Google Apps for work.

What do you dislike?

It just works. No issues so far. The help desk response quickly.

It keeps everyone in the loop without having to CC and forward messages.

Hiver review by <span>Brian H.</span>
Brian H.

"Must Have "

What do you like best?

Hiver fit a massive need for me. It has greatly improve my ability to outsource accounting work.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It haves been perfect for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a seemless integration

Sharing invoices with my accountant who is a subcontractor.

Hiver review by <span>Elias R.</span>
Elias R.

"Great add on"

What do you like best?

Seamless sharing of gmail labels. In-message chat.

What do you dislike?

Discontinuing of shared contacts. Inability to share drafts that are a new message (not a reply)

Sharing of information (emails) across our organisation.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Excellent value & features"

What do you like best?

well organized and easy-to-use.....................

What do you dislike?

nothing really stands out.........................

organization. better workflow. faster.

Hiver review by <span>Evans O.</span>
Evans O.

"Review of Hiver"

What do you like best?

share labels, notes, and templates with all our users.

What do you dislike?

I have multiple emails and the labels, templates, and notes dont sync across different google apps emails.

Sending emails to the right people to process the lead.

Hiver review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Assigning emails responses to other team members.

What do you dislike?

Only 3 people for free trial. More the better

Task assigning

Hiver review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Works exactly as described, very helpful for sharing emails."

What do you like best?

I tried out several shared label email extensions, and Hiver worked the best for our needs.

What do you dislike?

I had a few problems setting it up initially, but they were my fault and the Hiver team was very quick to help me out.

We need to share labels to provide customer support as our company grows. This has led to better organization by dividing up the emails among different inboxes.

Hiver review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Excellent product fulfilling a basic email requirement"

What do you like best?

We need to share emails across the team as any team member may need access to them at any time. Hiver let's us do this as Google Mail lacks this feature.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike as it does what it says.

See above. It let's us share emails across the team.

Hiver review by Administrator

"Love the new shared mailbox!"

What do you like best?

I can tag items, change the status, add notes, etc. that my entire team has access to.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like everything about Hiver's labels and shared mailbox.

The shared mailbox allows my team to interact much more effectively.

Hiver review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Manage emails more effectively"

What do you like best?

I like the send later function.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far.

Emails are a constant barrage and interruption to my workflow. Hiver makes them easier to manage with great functional ability

Learning about Hiver?

* We monitor all Hiver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.