HomeBudget

HomeBudget is an expense tracker designed to help you budget, track and possibly control your monthly expenses at home. HomeBudget provides an integrated set of features to help you manage your expenses and cash flow.

Work for HomeBudget?

Learning about HomeBudget?

HomeBudget Reviews

Showing 16 HomeBudget reviews
HomeBudget review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"There is a lot of things is better than it ..."

What do you like best?

The best thing it provides that its accessible so you can access it using your desktop or your smart phone , you can use the user guide for any help , it shows a lot of details ( Income - Expenses ) that helps me in my work like quick summary of ( day - week - month - year ) , and there is PDF and CSV reports , you can add more than one account , there is family sync if you want to share data with your family .

What do you dislike?

The app is really expensive I don't know why ... there is a lot of apps like it and more useful and less money , it doesn't provide i Cloud data backup for iPhone although there is backup using E-mail and Dropbox .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I didn't use the paid app I used the lite one so its not good so basically I wont pay for thing that I don't like . You should try it by your own first before paying for the paid version .

Make me know more details about my income and expenses , add more than one account if i wants to ( Personal account - Working account ) , it protect my data and information because the app has a password protection , the sharing group make it more easy to share data with my who ever i want .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HomeBudget
HomeBudget review by Pam F.
Pam F.

"I love HomeBudget"

What do you like best?

This is a great program to use to keep track of your home budget (as the title of the software suggests). It keeps track of pretty much anything that you want it to, and can use all different charts to show you where your money is being spent. I tell my members that it can keep heating and electric costs down by tracking how their monthly expenses so they can analyze and see how to reduce their costs.

What do you dislike?

It is a relatively new program so like any new program there are a couple of bugs. Sometimes it didn't always work for me and would shut down but part of that might be my old cell phone too.

I think that it is handy to have a program like this available on your phone since so many people use their phones for everything. It's kind of like Excel, which is what I mostly use for my own personal use to keep track of my expenses. I recommend it to members at the credit union because it can track your bills and be set up to pay recurring bills. People are so busy that it's great to be able to do things like that at the touch of a button and have reminders right in front of you (since people always have their cell phones on them). It helps us at the credit union because it helps people make their mortgage payments in a more timely manner because I can use HomeBudget to help them set up a recurring payment on their phone. I sometimes even encourage them to set it up to pay half of their payment every two weeks because then they are making a full extra payment every year and since it's coming out at such a constant cycle, it's not a hardship to them. They could even use that logic to help pay off their other debts a little faster too if they were so inclined.

What Other Finance & Insurance solution do you use?

HomeBudget review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Company HomeBudget Review"

What do you like best?

As a company, the ease of being able to share information. We are able to put together a very comprehensive budget and store the data all in one place. We love how easy it is to update (add and remove) expenses, even those that are recurring.

What do you dislike?

My team has come across a few bugs when they’ve used the program. They did a little research and some users are even saying there is malware. I guess it feels a little bit underwhelming this day in age where technology is always being innovative and redone, but we will not shy away from this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of installation and learning is impeccable.

As a Company we are able to stay financially stable and balance all of the expenses that are necessary to run business. It’s also cut down on having to have multiple individuals in the pot when it comes to managing financial data. I am able to just have one individual manage the program and touch base with them on everything. I find whenever I have questions about financial information it’s easily obtainable.

HomeBudget review by Holly J.
Holly J.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

I like that this app allows me to track all of my monthly expenses in one place. The features, like categories and sub-categories, are excellent at helping me manage my expenses and my free cash flow for the month.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, it has been an excellent app thus far.

Mainly the benefit of recognizing my free cash flow each month. I used to track separately, and it was frustrating figuring out my expenses and what income i had left over, but this is an all-in-one experience that breaks it down easily for me.

HomeBudget review by Justin D.
Justin D.

"Homebudget looks good and works great"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see my monthly bills as a visual calendar and create a comprehensive budget plan.

What do you dislike?

I like customization and the ability to change settings more, so I wish there was more of that. From what I've seen from others this seems to be the big issue with them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try or view a demo to see if it has everything you need.

With my personal finances organized I can stress less and focus more on work. :)

HomeBudget review by John B.
John B.

"HomeBudget Review"

What do you like best?

I am able to keep track of my income vs expenses, rent, bills. It keeps me on track with saving money each month.

What do you dislike?

It needs to backup all the date with the iCloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for keeping track of finances and spending, be aware data may be lost when switching phones.

I am able to save money by easily seeing how much I am making vs spending and set aside money for certain activities.

"HomeBudger Review"

What do you like best?

I like the sync feature because it allows anyone to see financial status in realtime whether on a desktop or mobile.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is clunky and do not offer a lot of customization to drill down into specific areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, easy to use tool but if you are looking for something with more robust reporting look elsewhere. This is a great tool for personal use or when tracking to specific budgets and targeted spend.

An easy tool for tracking expenses and costs associated with a budget. Used for tracking event budgets and it has proven to be useful for tracking spend and getting bill reminders to keep payments on track.

HomeBudget review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Love this for keeping track"

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep track of my budget and set goals

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to do a check list where I can check things off as I go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this product and would recommend it to every one

This product helps me keep track of my personal and business budget and keeps me on track with spending

HomeBudget review by User in Financial Services

"Manage your finances on the go"

What do you like best?

Visualizing all of your expenses make it easier to see where your money is going. This allows saving goals to seem more possible than simply keeping a mental tab on it.

What do you dislike?

I feel a free trial version for 10-30 days would help the public understand how complete the product feels before purchasing and perhaps it would cause people to get the full version

Having everything from expenses to budgets to income all in one place helps visualize future goals, whether they be short-term or long-term, and that has value.

HomeBudget review by Caron W.
Caron W.

"ome Budget allows you to keep track of all your bills, credit cards, and accounts using a modernized"

What do you like best?

Separate accounts may be created for setting funds aside, and income can be transferred automatically to accounts earmarked for specific expenses.

What do you dislike?

It isn't intuitive. Before I had entered all my information and set up accounts I felt like giving up....having to the read the manual is no fun but will be a necessity with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to get overwhelmed with the interface - it gets easier.

I am balancing a home budget for a family of 5 - that in itself is a business...and we have problems

HomeBudget review by Yiyi J.
Yiyi J.

"Market risk manager"

What do you like best?

It efficiently helped manage budge and the user interface is very easy accessible

What do you dislike?

The functionality can be further enhanced by adding features such as agenda and plans

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will definitely recommend HomeBudge to my friends

It helped organize money usage into different categories

HomeBudget review by Julianne S.
Julianne S.

"Budgeted "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of being able to plan out my budget.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it lags in updating my current amount.

The ability to plan your money.

"Easy and Simple Use"

What do you like best?

The layout helps keep everything organized for easy and simple use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is my own budget!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you struggle with your budgeting or spending habits, get HomeBudget.

I use this to help organize my personal budget but also for my business to see where I'm spending and if I'm using my income most efficiently. It diagnoses my budget in a clean organized way.

HomeBudget review by User in Financial Services

"Organize your life and save time"

What do you like best?

Being able to plan for your financial future is priceless and homebudget makes this possible

What do you dislike?

Being able to make more potential budgets would be nice for playing around with your options

We are able to stay on track without having lengthy meetings to accomplish what we do in 30 mins now

"Home Budget Review"

What do you like best?

Ease and accessibility to navigate from media devices

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, the platform is holistic, could have a comprehensive overview to include maybe assets and investments portfolio

I’ve organized my debt to payoff in a streamlined plan and have a stronger picture to analyze overall

"A solid product "

What do you like best?

This was easy to use and understand. Not too complicated.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything about this product that I disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid product

It helps track spending and investments and syncs nicely

Learning about HomeBudget?

* We monitor all HomeBudget reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.