Honey

Honey is a beautiful and intuitive social intranet. Built to connect global teams, share resources, simplify team conversations, and support employee workflows,

Work for Honey?

Learning about Honey?

Honey Reviews

Showing 34 Honey reviews
Honey review by Trey R.
Trey R.

"Good Way for Companies to Communicate"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like most about Honey is that the messages or posts are professional and clean looking. Keeping things looking professional is a must for any service that my employer utilizes. I also really like that you don't have to have a social media account linked to Honey in order to use it - something that so many services request now-a-days in order to access their service or product. My co-workers and I are able to fully utilize Honey without having to connect it to our personal social media accounts - this helps to keep it professional. Another thing that I like about Honey is its search feature. Honey allows you to easily perform a search and retrieves organized and relevant results. This is important as it saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I really dislike about Honey is that it automatically sends an email message each time something is posted. Since I am a part of a lot of different groups that are very active, I receive more email notifications in one day than I could ever need and it can be obnoxious. I don't need to be notified each time something is posted - I believe that it would be better to send one email notification a day for every group you are a part of or following and that the one email notification would contain any posts or updates from that 24 hour period. This would be more efficient and wouldn't bombard the user with hundreds of emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Honey for companies who want a new, innovative and professional way to communicate with employees in an organized manner. We have found that Honey keeps employees more engaged and up to date on news and events. We use Honey internally and have begun testing Honey externally and the response has been good. People are paying more attention. Honey provides an efficient means to communicate.

Honey allows my co-workers and I to follow important topics or groups in an organized and professional manner. Honey is quickly going to replace long company wide email threads or conversations. Most of the time, employees ignore long email threads after the first few emails. I have found that when using Honey, more people are reading and paying attention to conversations because it is easier to view and even search for posts that are relevant. This is also beneficial for my employer as it keeps employees engaged and up to date on what is going on as well as informed about what we really need to be aware of as far as company news and information.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Honey
Honey review by Sally S.
Sally S.

"Important communication tool for growing offices"

What do you like best?

When our company implemented Honey as our enterprise social network, it replaced a company-wide "Off-Topic" email list that was inundating people's inboxes. Honey is great as it offers a place to share relevant (or irrelevant) news and classifieds-style postings, plus offers a way to quickly crowdsource without spamming 500+ inboxes. Our HR and employee development teams also post important company updates on Honey so it's a good place to start if you're looking for info related to benefits, office closings, etc.

What do you dislike?

I think the search function on Honey is, on the whole, miserably flawed. If I'm trying to find an old post, I'm rarely able to track it down by a simple search and instead often have to try to remember the poster and go to their profile to access their post history, then scroll through their posts in order to track it down. I also find it very hard to find people using the "People" page. At a large company, you may need to find someone whose name you can't remember, and Honey should be the go-to resource for that. There should definitely be an alphabet slider so that you can go to the letter of the person's name you're searching for instead of having to scroll through hundreds of names to find the person you're looking for.

As previously mentioned, before Honey our company relied on a company-wide email list to source and relay information, share news/articles, etc. As the company grew, inboxes were inundated with emails asking for dog walkers or doctor recommendations or sharing things found on the web. Honey offers an unobtrusive place to post and find all of this information--and to search past posts in case you have a question that may have been asked in the past. For medium to large-sized companies that have this type of sharing, collaborative culture, I think a product like Honey is indispensable.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Honey review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Community that feels effortless."

What do you like best?

Posting is effortless, and even "light" posts result in a polished, compelling presentation. Links and previews are rich and engaging. Search results are intuitive and well-organized. Tags and group subscriptions work exactly as expected, and zero technology footprint is required.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a dislike, but I can't post simultaneously to Honey and to public social networks. This may be a deliberate configuration of our instance, but there are times when it would be helpful to do both. Also no advanced search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that Honey was originally incubated within Huge (before my time) but now functions as a separate company.

Honey is used as our private social network, for both work-related requests / announcements and also for fun and informative information-sharing. Honey is generally used for timely posts, with a separate knowledge repository for long-term archival. Adoption is widespread, with no significant complaints about the platform.

"Honey Review"

What do you like best?

This service is very easy to use. I love that it keeps me up to date with what is happening and what is going on with colleagues. It also has plenty of great features and the ability to upload photos, videos and more. It's basically like an internal Facebook community. You also can have intensification notifications sent to your email which is awesome so you don't have to keep checking the website throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product. If there were to ever be an issue, then customer service would be on it as soon as possible. They are always very quick and eager to help with anything that may come up at all regarding Honey and its capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take the time to full test out all of its capabilities. We have used it for many activities/games as well within our company.

This product helps us all to better communicate with one another. We are able to share articles, news, events, interests and more with one another. This tool is also a very nice way to get to know new employees and to be able to match a face to a name with the profile photos. This product also brings departments together which is great.

Honey review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"New Customer and Loving It"

What do you like best?

Their support has been amazing. We are building the site now and it's been such a wonderful experience. My favorite feature is the recap emails that our staff can receive so they never miss anything that is posted.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it's been such a great tool for our company to have. It's a system that allows us to be fun AND functional.

We have a current company intranet but it's not exciting, very basic, so we wanted to create a place where people would be excited to sign on and see what's happening within our company.

Honey review by User in Computer Software

"We use Honey for internal communications and announcements"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create groups in Honey for different topics, and people can follow what interests them the most or is most relevant to their work.

What do you dislike?

Where do I even begin? There are so many things I dislike. It's buggy, links often don't work or are broken. Formatting gets broken or erased, and it drives me nuts that it sends emails for every post when the whole point is to alleviate your inbox from a barrage of messages. I really hate this tool. Hate is a strong word, but I'm definitely not a fan. It's clunky, and unfortunately, doesn't solve the problem of getting people to read everything. Instead people miss certain announcements because they haven't joined a Honey group, or weren't invited. It's a bit of a mess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly urge you to consider other software...like Slack. Honey is clunky and has a plethora of bugs.

We wanted a tool that would take the place of our internal "forum" email threads. As the company grew, it was not feasible to continue sending mass emails to everyone--especially when the info was perhaps not always relevant to the colleague. It also was supposed to create more specific groups, so people would actually read the important info. The emails weren't getting read, so the idea was that if it was in a relevant space, like Honey, people would actually read it.

"Lacking in Areas"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and quickly understand. It's great that it connects people from other agencies, and even other countries, allowing us to learn and communicate with new cultures and different areas of work.

What do you dislike?

Not as widespread throughout company, a lot of people don't use it. There doesn't seem to be a unique offering that would incentive people to use it more. Unfortunately, I don't notice many people from the US office who use it, so this may be why I feel this way. I also don't think the NY office receives much communication from higher ups through it, we still use email for that. We already have email and instant messages to communicate with my team, so I wouldn't ever use it for small scale comunnication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join or create groups for your specific office.

Lack of internal communication.

"Honey has been great"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily integrate GIFs makes it easy to make posts more dynamic and fun to read. Also love the likes & comments integration.

What do you dislike?

Platform clunkiness. When adding images, there are certain places you cant click or you'll be taken out. Also, when writing something long - every time an image is added, you're taken to the top of the page..which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how you share information with your colleagues.

E-mail is almost never the most dynamic - and Honey gives you a better option.

We now have an easy-to-use and easy-to-share platform to display all of our agency news.

As someone who does a lot of the culture things in the office, this platform greatly benefits me in being able to share events with colleagues and know who read, liked or commented on it.

Honey review by User in Internet

"Robust and beautifully designed"

What do you like best?

I used Honey at a large company. It was a great way to have niche conversations and create groups around certain interests, making a very large company feel small and friendly. As far as daily use, it didn't get in the way of being productive. I appreciated separating strictly work conversations from social or slightly off topic conversations. I also love the design — it's sleek and gets updated regularly, so it always feels fresh.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike was the way the categories or topics were displayed. I found it hard to find and follow ones that I was interested in, if I didn't already know they exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Honey works best with someone managing the topics.

Recognizing the importance and relevance of social conversations, while minimizing noise on other work channels such as Slack or email.

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Like the idea, but faded quickly"

What do you like best?

it was best when working on pitched, we could include videos or articles and easily share it out with everyone working on the pitch. I liked that it sent an email to let you know there was an update.

What do you dislike?

you had to sign into it to use. If there was a way it was integrated into outlook or lync or something it may have made more sense to use more often. I think it died quickly because no one got full training on it and there weren't a lot of applicable uses for it besides pitches.

Trying to find the best platform for our client's message. That is something we receive from the networks and data teams. The best way to receive that information is through excel.

Honey review by Joanna K.
Joanna K.

"Great Use for Business Networking"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use with a very sleek layout

What do you dislike?

Not enough people use it/contribute, but that goes beyond the fact that people know about it, it's the time and effort we/they lack.

I've realize that even across all the different brands colleagues work on, we still encounter similar issues that can be resolved just by communicating with one another. This network has opened up the opportunity to do so.

Honey review by Hannah M.
Hannah M.

"A great way to connect and get to know coworkers"

What do you like best?

I think Honey is a great resource because it's so user friendly. Being new to the agency, it was a great way for me to familiarize myself with new faces in the office.

What do you dislike?

I think you should be mandated to fill out your profile, some of my coworkers have not filled theirs out and just have their photo, and I think that it should be mandatory.

Our social media team is able to post the thought leadership, trend and news articles that we discuss every week to share with the whole agency. I also find info on interesting seminars, events, resources etc.

Honey review by Claire D.
Claire D.

"Associate Analyst"

What do you like best?

It's a different source of communication across companies/offices within the MB network to see/share others' work & experiences

What do you dislike?

I don't use it enough so it can be a bit confusing to navigate

I wouldn't say I've solved any business problems through using Honey

"Client Director, Strategy"

What do you like best?

Ability to share work from coworkers regardless of office/client.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't naturally fall in to my ecosystem. More specifically, the work day is filled with the use of so many other apps/resources adding one more to the mix makes it difficult for it to fall within a natural flow of the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Promote usage on Apps more actively.

Honey has helped me gather insights from peers that have provided different POV on the similar media planning or buying campaigns.

Honey review by Elena H.
Elena H.

"Easiest Way to Connect with Co-workers!"

What do you like best?

Love that it is a community that brings together all of the employees I work with and gives us an opportunity to post different content

What do you dislike?

I love the entire site and at this moment I wouldn't change anything

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it your homepage when you join so that you get updates right first thing when you open your browser

Benefits are seeing important articles I might have missed but another employee posted

"Beautiful and practical"

What do you like best?

I think Honey is really well designed. It is also super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with Honey. I think that it is a great tool.

It is a great way to stay in the loop and get information quickly.

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Using Honey for Sharing Work Documents"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to share documents with coworkers using an organized platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you receive emails each week with new Honey members. I'm sure there is a feature for turning it off.

Honey provides an easily accessible platform for workers to share work, which we did not previously have. The benefits of this are that we are able to see who contributes what.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I find that it's easy to maneuver around the site. However, I haven't really used the app for any business purposes just yet. I look forward to learning more.

What do you dislike?

Have not experienced any dislikes with the application itself. As I stated above, I am still working through and would love to learn more.

None yet. Still working through it.

"Pot o' Honey"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Very simple UX. Everything is intuitive and clear. Also very fast. And, they are developing new features all the time. Still, the UX remains uncluttered. A true feat of genius design.

What do you dislike?

Meaningless "updates" of new joiners automatically go out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adoption takes a village.

Collaboration on specific ideas or problems. Across the office, across offices, globally.

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Honey is user friendly and a great resource "

What do you like best?

I like being able to share resources and insights with people across the company in different agencies.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface can be too crowded at times with people posting, so it would be great to use a filter feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent tool to use if you need help sharing resources with many people at once and are looking for collaboration.

We use Honey to share plans and presentations that we are currently working on with other teams. It helps us stay organized and well connected.

"Neutral"

What do you like best?

Helps to facilitate group collaboration and joint projects

What do you dislike?

The user navigation throughout the system is not necessarily immediately intuitive at first

Improving the process of collaborating on a team remotely, using a web based solution that seemed to have fewer problems/was faster than shared drive access via VPN

Honey review by User in Design
User in Design

"Efficient sharing tool"

What do you like best?

I can skim headlines and subscribe to categories in order to not be inundated with 'spam' or messages I don't want to read.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people can 'overuse' or use it as a sounding board.

Business problems - we use Honey to ask general questions, help, find participants for user research.

Benefits - I've been able to cast a wide net in the office, and also been able to have personal tasks fulfilled (find a subletter, dogsitter, etc.)

"Honey is Great"

What do you like best?

How available it is and the extent of the networks

What do you dislike?

It's annoying to access the app when browsing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget to use it

I like that you can get discounts.

Honey review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"Senior Producer, Art & Content "

What do you like best?

I like that I can share interesting and industry related findings with as many or as little co-workers as possible. It's nice being able to also share work accomplishments with other offices who may not be aware of your department's capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Because our network is so large there are so many emails.

I'm not sure I'm solving any issues other than being able to communicate with the network.

Honey review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"Great tool for communicating with company"

What do you like best?

Email notifications for groups and broad group topics. Mobile friendly.

What do you dislike?

More ability to use different media types within posts and comments.

Better communication between teams and groups around industry-related topics.

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"MediaBrand's Social Networking Site "

What do you like best?

The visual platform is petty awesome. Very sleek layout

What do you dislike?

It not necessary to use. My colleagues don't ever engage with it and the company rarely mentions it. If there was a way to integrate it with with my work email - I am sure we would be logging on more frequently.

So far none but it would great to use alot more frequently.

Honey review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great software for inter-office communication"

What do you like best?

As a transnational office, having an internal company wide communication system is very valuable. Honey tech support staff is always on hand to help out!

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to attach images in the body of the post itself.

Easy reference for internal communication - avoiding the eternal mass emails going back and forth and keeping a record of valuable information for new employees.

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, great for sharing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, practicality, clean interface

What do you dislike?

can't think of anything straight off the bat

easy to share projects with other offices

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A great way to stay connected to those around the company."

What do you like best?

Interface and access to external co-workers. It allows me to see news and new people around the agency and interact with them if I so choose. It's a great way to see the new faces.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but I suppose it could have a chat function.

The problem of having multiple offices around the globe,

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I read it to learn more about the industry"

What do you like best?

The many insights it provides. Lots of information about things that I wouldn't know to look for.

What do you dislike?

It could be more narrowed in its focus. Very broad and not specific to each person's interests.

Trying to understand how to reach people via different mediums and this helps understand what people are looking for.

"Honey Review"

What do you like best?

I don't use it too much, but definitely great to have all the info I need in one place.

What do you dislike?

I think it could be more integrated in the other tools I use - like outlook

Definitely just a great hub for employees, especially with new trainings.

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

Everything in one place. I can get all the info and resources from one source.

What do you dislike?

Complicated to figure out login credentials and access for new team members.

Our team has not adopted the tool for business purposes

Honey review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Honey - It's the Sweetest!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the professional dialogue it prompts!

What do you dislike?

I feel like Honey sends too many emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, Honey has actually made me aware of people in my field that I didn't know before.

Honey review by User in Design
User in Design

"Honey is effective "

What do you like best?

Group subscriptions, finding people in my company

What do you dislike?

Mass emails as default option, too many emails

Community sourcing

Learning about Honey?

* We monitor all Honey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.