Hoopla

Engage Employees. Create a High Performance Culture. Transform your Company.

Work for Hoopla?

Learning about Hoopla?

Hoopla Reviews

Ask Hoopla a Question
Showing 245 Hoopla reviews
Hoopla review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Great for company culture and driving revenue! Must have for successful sales teams!"

What do you like best?

You can set specific targets for each business group within your organization to share their successes especially when you don't know their KPIs.

Sharing company wins and personal wins are more fun. Each employee has their own song and GIF so it creates a fun and employee engaged culture.

What do you dislike?

Hoopla could be better at displaying other key stakeholders involved in closing the deal. In terms of UX/UI I don't use it on the back end, but I've heard the initial configuration to support the KPIs you want to track can be confusing to a novice level user

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to drive revenue within your organization!

Providing transparency to the organization on other departments KPIs and when they have acheived success.

Benefits have really improved employee culture and employee recognition.

Personal benefits have been around trying to be number one on the sales board.

Really trying to improve employee culture and competition creates a win-win scenario

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hoopla
Hoopla review by User

"A fun way to show sales metrics for the day/week, but not a crucial software for us. "

What do you like best?

There are a lot of great features that Hoopla has such as unique song identification for approved opportunities, charts showing our progress throughout the day, week, and month on specific metrics, and leaderboards that add for fun competition.

What do you dislike?

More often than not our salesforce platform and the Hoopla platform will not sync or there will be some disconnect between the two platforms that will bring over inaccurate data, however it could be a user error on our end. Although it is fun to see how everyone is performing, I don't believe our team sees Hoopla as a critical platform for driving competition within the team. We can quickly and easily see dashboards directly in our CRM, Salesforce.

I know our management purchased the Hoopla platform to add a gamification and accountability aspect for our sales development team, however, I feel that a lot of the times we will just turn to Salesforce for those numbers.

What Sales Gamification solution do you use?

Hoopla review by Lee M B.
Lee M B.

"The Best Gamification Platform On The Market!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Hoopla offers instant recognition for Sales people, motivating them to push themselves harder and further.

What do you dislike?

There is genuinely nothing I dislike about Hoopla. I have used many different gasification platforms and Hoopla stands head and shoulders above the rest!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it. You will soon see for yourself the value it brings to your sales function. It is so easy to use and administer and really motivates your sales teams with instant recognition.

Please speak to Hoopla to view my case study for more great information.

Motivating sales teams at my previous company was hard. They were hitting the phones and getting nowhere fast. Then, with the introduction of Hoopla alongside new sales practices, they were instantly motivated. Being able to see their faces next to a newly closed sale with their song of choice was invaluable.

Hoopla review by John K.
John K.

"Easy to use, Fun and Competitive"

What do you like best?

Usually two things motivate sales people, money and recognition. Thankfully, Hoopla has given us the tool to give recognition to our inside sales team daily.

Hoopla has brought a fun and competitive environment to our global inside sales team. We strayed away from Hoopla for almost 6 months and it definitely put a damper on our inside sales culture. However, after bringing it back our performance numbers have increased YoY.

I love the ease of management and versatility with the software. We are able to create multiple channels for different offices. We currently have 4 offices globally with over 100 users. Hoopla has allowed us create a different channel for each office.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike. Creating the reports and getting started in the beginning was a little repetitive. I wish Hoopla could pull leader boards and newsflashes based of picklist values in SFDC.

Motivating and recognizing our individual Inside Sales Reps. It has brought our competitive culture back and has increased productivity.

Hoopla review by Julian "Grey" G.
Julian "Grey" G.

"Reasonably priced and packed with necessary features"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to easily adjust your channels

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would want is more integrations, but who doesn't. The integrations they have work for us and it is what we use on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at competitors and you will easily see the price point is great to start with. As you continue to use it you will find more value. For $12/user, you can't beat it. We have it displayed on all TV's in our office here and keep visibility open to all sales teams. Great tool!

As a team we are more transparent, competitive, and engaged with it. It's nice to see the stat rankings and motivate those who are on the top or bottom of the leader board.

Hoopla review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Easy-to-Use, Great Way to Spotlight Performance"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is easy to use and offers a great way to encourage your people to stay focused on the things that matter to your organization. You can upload custom videos and photos or use stock images and videos from Hoopla. Uses an Amazon FireStick to convert any TV into a display for any Hoopla Channel. Refreshes from Salesforce and other datapoints every 5 mins automatically. Intuitive setup.

What do you dislike?

Cost is a little on the high side ($18/mo/salesforce user) and there have been a few little quirky bugs here and their that they've had to fix. Amazon FireStick requires a PIN code everytime prior to launching Hoopla App which is odd.

I noticed a big difference in team morale with Hoopla vs without. This is a great way to keep the things most important at the top of mind of each contributor while encouraging people when they achieve predetermined goals. Much easier to use than Salesforce's "built-in" reporting and dashboards.

Hoopla review by Alicia N.
Alicia N.

"Sounds like a lotta Hooplaaaa"

What do you like best?

The new platform is different, but still offers most of the same benefits. Our sales folk obviously love making the board go off with big sales and conversions, and they love knowing where they are in the top levels of various sales categories.

What *I* like best, though, is that it now integrates with Google Sheets, so I can gamify literally anything I can create a spreadsheet for!

BONUS: I have Hoopla working for me in other ways as well - I have it auto-populate a Googlesheet based on a handful of different SFDC reports. The Google sheet keeps track of spiffs and such and isn't for displaying on Hoopla directly. It's just so that I don't have to run 7 reports and update the info for 90 reps every morning. (That's not lazy, that's efficient!)

Also, support & CS - both have always been great, it's great to know that when I have issues (or even just blonde moments), there's someone there on the other end that'll have it figured out within moments.

What do you dislike?

Some seemingly basic features are missing in the new version, but they are on the roadmap for future releases. Given our history, they have generally proven to be worth waiting for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the new hosted format, it takes a bit more on the setup side, but it rolls like a well oiled machine once it's there, allowing me time to come up with other fun ways to use and abuse it.

It's a time saver on MANY levels, keeps the salesfolk engaged. We also do birthday and wedding announcements, new hires and anniversaries, general motivation, promos and spiffs - anything we want to communicate to the sales floor is reinforced by Hoopla screens globally. It helps feed both the "team" feel and competitive drives.

Hoopla review by User in Internet

"It was ok but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

The animations are pretty nice. It is easy to see the information on the screen.

The graphics are quality, the pictures display very well and you can also create notifications in the case something exciting is happening in the office and everybody needs to know!.

What do you dislike?

We were working with Hubspot and it was not integrated, so working manually via excel was demotivating.

As an european user, they offer customer support from 5pm our time, this make it really difficult for us to reach them if we had and issue or a doubt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please check if they can integrate with your CRM. Will make it much easier.

Having to create a google doc so you can keep track of the deals is not handy, but if you have it connected to your pipeline it wil be much easier and your sales do not have to do extra steps.

If you cannot connect your CRM, I would advise to look for a different service.

Motivation for sales people and analytics for the Top Management.

When you need to achieve numbers in sales, nothing better than showing all stats in the big screen and keep people informed and motivated!

Hoopla review by Sandra M.
Sandra M.

"Gamification to Improve Overall Sales Operations"

What do you like best?

I love the new dashboard, its a huge improvement from the old Hoopla layout. The preview capabilities are awesome. Setting up the channels is also a great new feature so simple and clean to set up and update. Lastly, my absolute favorite feature is being able to use SalesForce reports for all metrics :)

What do you dislike?

I miss the ability to clone. This helped speed up the process but I can appreciate the additional upgrades in lieu.

We have made a lot of changes to our business process which has changed how we compensate our reps, we looked to Hoopla to make sure the changes were visually available so that they understand the benefits to their pockets. Additionally, we are using this tool as a motivational tool that is an extension of our culture bringing in personal touches to embrace our family environment.

Hoopla review by Amandine A.
Amandine A.

"Sales Motivation with fun "

What do you like best?

Hoopla allows for a lot of customizations. We change our channels to fit seasons, sales competitions, and company marketing efforts. We also throw in silly memes for a little comedic relief from time to time. Our Channel has little changes each week to encourage everyone to watch the channel and spot the new fun slide or new theme of the channel. We have even been able to use it as a motivational theme for other departments to bring the whole company in on the fun

What do you dislike?

Leaderboards refresh at different times and some dashboards take a much longer time to refresh. Just makes it a little harder for team to know how up to date the leaderbords are when they don't all refresh on the same schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through lots various Support Docs provided by hoopla, this is much more helpful when setting up your channel than emailing with Support.

Lack of motivation! The individual hoopla alerts are great little theme songs for the team and really makes the team work a little harder to hear their song play. Also brings the departments together when a special alert goes out because everyone stays up to date on what's going on across the company

Hoopla review by Jordan P.
Jordan P.

"Jumbotron style scoreboard that celebrates wins!"

What do you like best?

We have a little ceremony when sales are made complete - the gong goes off, and we have a baseball style song and photo come up for your win. It's fun, and grows the culture for us - we celebrate success!

What do you dislike?

nothing really - it does what it's supposed to. We have it running on an old Acer laptop, so it does freeze occasionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It adds an extra culturally fun element to the sales floor - sales trigger a sales song and photo, and we give high fives. it's a fun way to celebrate successes.

Really just tracking and reporting on metrics, sales data, and quotas.

Hoopla review by User in Higher Education

"Most likely to recommend it "

What do you like best?

Hoopla has really great displays which makes it interesting to use and more functional with an added cool factor for any visitors that come into the office to be surprised by the interesting display information. The support team is very experienced. Every issue is resolved on time, and if they do not know the solution, they always find someone who does.

What do you dislike?

The managing time is also a problem. Hoopla by time started to be inaccurate and very hard to display the information I wanted to. We would like some default components to be added to the channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very big complaint I heard in the past which can be helped is that the engineering team is without idea of what the sales team is doing, so Hoopla allows us to coordinate every team in the company, and because of the TV screens that display the information around the office, people are watching and are informed.

I have increased the visibility to all business parts. We are more aware of our presence and also others are.

Hoopla review by Philip M.
Philip M.

"SalesForce Admin Implementing Gamification "

What do you like best?

The action events and dashboards are amazing. The transition screens make it seem like your sales rep are on SportsCenter. It's really great to see leaderboards representing different regions and different departments. The charts are very interactive and let you pull from any SalesForce report.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot I dislike about the product. It can't pull from joint or matrix reports which is kind of a problem for me since a lot of our rolled up data are built in those kind of report types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let me pull from joint reports and matrix reports! I think the new interface for admin is huge improvement over the last one. I'm hoping to see more features come out for admins though.

Motivating our sales reps and creating competition. Reps love seeing their name in lights and stars. With hoopla, everyone from BDRs to quota carrying reps get their chance to shine. Also, being able to run different competitions throughout the world using hoopla allows me to spread the competition outside HQ.

Hoopla review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome for sales teams"

What do you like best?

Everytime a deal closed Hoopla would go off and everyone would look up from their desks. You could personalize your own provide with a picture or gif, it's awesome. We had multiple offices across the country so it was always cool to know every time someone got a deal. In between deals it would show leader boards so you always knew where you ranked against your peers. We were a very open organization and we loved the competition!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it would be cool if I could customize my own profile even more but it's a great tool from a sales person perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know how much this costs, but I think most sales teams would really enjoy having a product like Hoopla

Communication between teams. We knew how individuals were doing, offices were doing, and how the sales organization was performing as a whole, all in real time.

Hoopla review by McCall B.
McCall B.

"Love this for motivation. Im in tech sales and I constantly use this to see where I stand in ranking"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to upload content for your own celebratory reasons as well as holding myself accountable on a daily basis for activity points which leads to closed deals

What do you dislike?

Nothing from how I use it - for its purpose it's amazing. I even downloaded the app to check obsessively on my phone!!!!

Motivation - keeps me motivated!!!!!!

Hoopla review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Awesome Product with the Customer Service to back it up!"

What do you like best?

This platform acts as a very easy way for the team to keep an eye on what everyone is doing, while at the same time reward those employees who are performing. The personalization Hoopla allows keeps this fun and exciting.

I was having trouble making a couple of streamline newsflashes and integrating with Google Sheets. Aniya was so helpful and walked me through every step. There is nothing better than a great product that has friendly, knowledgeable support there right when you need them.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything at the moment!

Though we are not a sales department, we are are a very results-driven and process oriented department. As soon as we saw sales use this, we knew that we had similar stats to highlight. Broadcasting up to date stats helps with team moral as well as keeps everyone in the know. We find our area has more people pass by, and they are looking to check up on our Hoopla.

Hoopla review by Lucas D.
Lucas D.

"Hoopla Boosts Sales Team Performance"

What do you like best?

Love the customization across the board. With walk-off songs and personalized videos and pictures, each rep gets their own personal celebration when they close a deal or hit their goals.

What do you dislike?

configuration can be a bit tricky. Once you learn how to use the UI it is easy, but learning is a little bit rough at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its awesome, will take it with me everywhere I go.

Keeping our reps engaged on a daily basis, especially those making cold calls. Reward and recognition for success across the sales org. Injecting fun culture to the sales team, keeping it light while we close serious deals. Pulling up data that is normally buried in horrible salesforce reports and giving it life.

Hoopla review by Dana R.
Dana R.

"Gamification with Ease"

What do you like best?

Hoopla has brought BDM recognition and up do date sales markers to the spotlight. Our BDM's love to see their name in flashing lights and we love to see them passionate about what's displaying in real time on screen. I also enjoy the fact that I have been able to mold Hoopla around our contests and themes within our sales organization.

What do you dislike?

Programming at first can seem monotonous if you have a large sales org but as you become more proficient you can usually move through fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A Great sales tool to motivate your people and an good platform to create your own themes and gamification. It's kept our people updated on their stats without having to dig to far into the weeds on where they are to date.

SFDC Records and updated wins are happening faster with the knowledge that once we have it in SFDC it will show in Hoopla.

Hoopla review by Anthony K.
Anthony K.

"Our culture changed for the better the moment we turned the Hoopla screens on."

What do you like best?

From the moment we turned the Hoopla screens on, the culture of our sales organization changed forever. Our team is geographically dispersed, so instilling the spirit of competition amongst them made a massive difference. Beyond the culture -- we're seeing productivity increase in the metrics. Beyond the sales team, other departments are taking notice and asking for their own screens and leaderboards. We're excited to see all the fruits of our investment with Hoopla in the quarters to come.

What do you dislike?

Too soon to tell -- the Hoopla team has been great and our implementation / setup has been easy. In general, I think we're underutilizing features such as the mobile experience and other data sources beyond Salesforce. I'd love to see some case studies or other examples of how companies are developing leaderboards beyond the Sales / Sales Development use cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you know which metrics / reports matter most before you break ground on leaderboard design.

We've got a geographically dispersed Sales Development and Sales Team, so Hoopla is helping us build a prospecting culture at Gainsight. We're doing our best to build that through incentives/spiffs, team outings, etc., but the Hoopla screens are the cornerstone that activates the competitive culture of the organization across offices.

The result has been phenomenal. I've seen reps get up off their chairs and start pounding calls every time a "newsflash" crosses the screen.

Hoopla review by James C.
James C.

"Hoopla is Fun and looks like ESPN"

What do you like best?

This is an easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to admin after set up, and fun for everyone. Especially because it can play your "win music" when you make a sale.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is becoming competitive, but it also not really feature rich. IT's not going to really give you good analytics in my mind, just who's in first sort of thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sales gamification, simple tool and pretty cheap.

We wanted to motivate the sales team with healthy competition, but it also gives a quick peak into the sales teams from other divisions.

Hoopla review by Howard Y.
Howard Y.

"Keeping the Fun Rolling"

What do you like best?

We use Hoopla on the TVs in our office and I like the camaraderie that happens around the newsflashes that appear. We use it to display lists of new customers, perfect 10 survey score newsflashes, key sales wins, and company messaging.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sound effects get out of sync with the regular rotation.

Hoopla keeps certain key metrics front and center, and reinforcement of company culture messaging.

Hoopla review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"Hoopla helps us stay on track"

What do you like best?

Simple leaderboards that stack rank individuals in the areas that you want to measure

Instant notifications and providing the virtual "pat on the back" when something positive occurs

Effective Salesforce.com integration that makes in easy to administer

Great user community to share ideas, tips, and best practices

What do you dislike?

Minimal "off the shelf" backgrounds and transitions between slides

Very focused on the sports theme, and ESPN style gamification. I would like to see more options that are business minded, but this is really what they are so it is tough to ask for that.

Administration interface is simple to use, but involves a lot of clicking and saving to see what you are building in action. They suggest an easy test page which works, but when you have the final version of what you need, you have to recreate it in your live feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If gamification is of interest, and will help increase engagement and enhance performance, Hoopla is a must to consider.

We use Hoopla to report anything and everything we use Salesforce.com to do. That includes lead tracking and scoring, new sales business development, managing existing business and client success, and scoring our case response rate/success rate that we use for product support. That means four different departments in our company can be scored and highlighted in our instance of Hoopla. It is helping us to highlight our leaders and best successes in every one of those categories. It helps to spur a competitive mindset in our individuals. It helps to communicate success to everyone in the company. It helps keep individuals focused on the right steps (leading indicators) of success.

Hoopla review by Anna C.
Anna C.

"Sales Recognition "

What do you like best?

It's a great way to see what other reps are selling, when they're getting close to quota, etc

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes glitchy, but this could also be a user error

For companies that are on different levels on the same building, or even in different locations, it's a good way to recognize sales achievements.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great Motivator "

What do you like best?

Simplicity and functionality are both best in class. You can connect your Salesforce and be up and running within 30 minutes.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in particular that stands about Hoopla in terms of 'dislikes.' I would say that the video feed could use some small improvements and the upload functionality would be even better if you could do more than just upload files.

We are providing transparency across the sales team and org into the team and individuals performance. We are also utilizing some of the features to motivate the sales team as well.

Hoopla review by Colby S.
Colby S.

"GREAT PRODUCT FOR ANY COMPANY TO INCREASE SALES"

What do you like best?

Hoopla has been a creative way to encourage our sales team to push to the next level. The "Sales Alerts" really get our team excited to work harder and close more deals

What do you dislike?

We have been using the service for about 6 months now and we absolutely love it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, you wont be disappointed

Everyone knows where they stand with their sales at any minute throughout the day. We have also created an environment where so-workers are collaborating on projects and sales cycles. It has been a home run to increase sales and awareness

Hoopla review by Amanda M.
Amanda M.

"Hoopla has taken our gamification efforts to the next level - we love it!"

What do you like best?

It really is THAT easy. It has been so convenient to measure SPIFs and incentives, and create teams to compete from our whole list of Salesforce users.

What do you dislike?

I would love a feature that would track points & have a portal for our employees to use their points. If Hoopla had that, it would be a one-stop shop!

Awareness is huge; when our sales force knows how they're fairing for a month, quarter, year versus other sales people it inspires more drive - you want to see your name on that leader board!

Hoopla review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Team Growth"

What do you like best?

It was great to see the live results of our teams competing and reaching their goals. They really pushed each other get be on the top of the board and had great time seeing each other grow.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of manually work at first but if we can find a way to directly pull from any API that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep working hard and improving sales team motavations.

We have providing CFO and Finaical Director with a SaaS platform for them to manage their FX and risk. We have seen that the more cheers we have on the board the better sales are and really understand the concept of working individually in a team. Everyone does their own job and we hit the goals as a team at the end of the day.

Hoopla review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Great for basic SFDC operation struggles with custom objects"

What do you like best?

I love how Hoopla really gets the sales team engaged with choosing their own pics/meme/gif to represent themselves, great culture builder. The walk off song and contest capabilities are always a hit with the team. Their customer service is good in that they are responsive and can usually find the answers provided the capabilities are there. We are a youth and amateur sports software company so the Sports Center theme couldn't be a better fit for our culture.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately the salesperson had told us that Hoopla would integrate our existing custom SFDC objects with no additional development work from our Salesforce Developer. This unfortunately is not the case. We have custom objects tracking our President's club contest, a large impetus for us to use Hoopla was to keep live up to the minute reporting on this as our sale is very transactional. In order to get the live results to stream on the displays we need to redesign our custom object so that it will accurately display. This takes SFDC Dev resources away from our road map which indirectly adds to the cost. Hindsight I would ask that all custom objects be set up in Hoopla before signing the contract, and not take their word for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to deploy and get all, not just some your custom objects (if you use them) running smoothly before signing the contract

Hoopla really got the team engaged and taps the competitiveness in and amongst the team. Ranking salespeople's leading KPI's such as calls, appointments set, appointments held, close rates, revenue generated and percentage to goal really drives the team's activity and we have seen results in our top performers. We have also created a channel for our front lobby as our clients and VIP's come in. This helps to create a great first impression of our company and allows us to tell our company story to those in our reception area. We are definitely seeing ROI as a result of Hoopla.

Hoopla review by Gary M.
Gary M.

"Liven up your sales floor and fire up your team with Hoopla. Customers since 2012. "

What do you like best?

We have 7 50" monitors on the sales floor they play dozens of different Hoopla Channels. Hoopla makes the office more fun an energetic. I love it so much I put a 40" monitor up in my office. Now they are mobile! We simply love our Hoopla!

What do you dislike?

Like any software it takes the administrative folks time to understand how to use the technologies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every sales floor needs this. People think Hoopla is a nice to have product. Hoopla is a must have product. Hoopla is #2 behind CRM. In my internal management survey Hoopla just passed ExecVision (call coaching software). Top Three Must have tech for sales:

1) salesforce.com

2) Hoopla

3) ExecVision

We dont have to manually. track our contests. There is no lag time for results. our Leader Boards are always moving. Real time is the new normal.

Hoopla review by Steve N.
Steve N.

"Hoopla Motivates!"

What do you like best?

Hoopla creates a fun and creative competitive environment. The mobile app is especially nice for those who spend a lot of time out of the office.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have a little bit more freedom with the screen layouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend Hoopla to create a positive competitive environment.

Hoopla helps motivate sales producers. Seeing what everyone is doing, plus how the business is doing, helps everyone work harder. Hearing gongs and songs suddenly spring from our electronic sign brings cheers and high fives from those in the office.

"Hoopla Review "

What do you like best?

I like how Hoopla always congratulates me every time I set a meeting saying Huzzah in a newsflash.

What do you dislike?

I'm honestly not sure what else Hoopla really does other than tell me when I've scheduled a meeting, I'd like to know more about the features of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it would be useful to see your rankings among other people across sales teams to see who is making the most calls, setting the most meetings ect

We are trying to encourage our employees every time we set a meeting at least that is how it is in my role. I've felt happier after seeing the emails from them

Hoopla review by Jovanna K.
Jovanna K.

"Great for sales/ retail"

What do you like best?

A must have for any great sales team no matter how big or small. I personally work for a company that employs 8 people. The rest of the workers are on a volunteer basis. However we all were trained and use this software. We all love it and it’s so simple to teach/learn/use

What do you dislike?

Not much to dispute or dislike about this product. I’ll let you know when we do

Sales management

"Hoopla Review"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is very efficient. It is funny that everyone can create their own songs and pictures to display when you close a deal.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about hoopla but one thing they could enhance is the ability to put songs in from multiple sources and easily start from the middle of a song rather than being forced to start from the beginning

It enables people to be noticed by their hardwork

Hoopla review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great product to increase KPI visibility, gamification, and fun on the sales floor"

What do you like best?

Increased visibility and communication on floor creates energy and activity. Great way to re-enforce messaging and celebrate wins

What do you dislike?

No real complaints. Used at two companies and been a good experience/result

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brainstorm what your most important KPIs are. Develop contests and track. Great to upload training slides, company communications, and sales videos to motivate floor

Sales training, messaging, gamification, communication. Awareness of KPIs raises all ships. Gamification/contests increase energy and creates a freshness to the sales process.

Hoopla review by Joseph R.
Joseph R.

"Great platform with iffy performance"

What do you like best?

My team loves it! They all get excited about hearing their songs being played when they get a sale or meet a metric. The face offs are great as well.

What do you dislike?

The app CONSTANTLY crashes using the recommended AMAZON FIRE stick. Also, it freezes when being used on computer connected to tv screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

fix app integration with amazon fire stick ( the recommended medium by hoopla themselves)

we were using a chalkboard to track metrics before. This solution is 100000X better. It helps motivate my sales team and creates a fun, competitive environment

Hoopla review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Hoopla as been a major motivator for our sales team"

What do you like best?

The support has been extremely good and the platform has been carefully thought about. The integration was relatively easy and the outcome amazing. We have multiple screens and projectors around the sales office so visuals can easily be seen by the entire team. We have found Hoopla to adapt to our Salesforce solution with relative ease. We have found Hoopla to be a futuristic sales bell the motivates the sales team to achieve a status on the ranking boards or to elicit an movie action such as a slam dunk of a basket ball for a won sale. I couldn't recommend this product highly enough and it is truly unique in its ability to motivate a sales team that has a lower office management structure in place. It has improved our sales and more than covered the spend.

What do you dislike?

Not much. We would like there to be an ability to modify count downs for specific sales targets. For example, we would like to be able to set a go home early target for a Friday for X amount of revenue. Alarms would be another feature that would be very useful that could be accompanied by an action/event. For example, we have an 'on the phone by 9am policy'. To make this more fun and less of a policed rule, an event triggered every morning at 9am like a bell ringing to signal that everyone should be on the phone or have made a call. Alarms with actions etc could be very good for certain incentives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To Sum up, trial this product, then watch the Sales team focus on another goal aside from bonuses. An additional ranking structure and visual creates some peer pressure that drives people to work with each other and make improvements.

Cost of management is high in sales, the ability to streamline a sales process with utilities such as Hoopla and software like Salesforce enable management and Directors to focus on other important task and investing into more profitable schemes and improvements instead of Supervisors and Line Managers.

Hoopla review by User in Internet

"Very motivating for Sales team"

What do you like best?

Hoopla allows for you to 'broadcast' results from your sales Team. You can see results from your team and others in the surrounding vicinity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the names and numbers at the bottom tend to scroll too quickly, it gets a bit hard to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommended, as it is a very easy product to motivate your team. From what I can also recall, they offer a free trial program too. Test it out! Can't recall the pricing on the product, but my team loved it.

You're allowing for people to feel more motivated, which is what you need in a sales organization. Also promoting friendly competition.

Hoopla review by Neal S.
Neal S.

"Sr Director, Sales Systems & Processes"

What do you like best?

New back end interface is much easier to use. Flexibility and use of Salesforce.com reporting, allowing for cross object reports etc makes it much more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Interface still has some getting used to. Not as intuitive as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your end users needs. ie are they in an office or on the road.

providing Sales Teams with instant feedback and access to sales and performance metrics and contests

Hoopla review by Michelle R.
Michelle R.

"Easy, automated, and fun!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and the AM team is very helpful and always willing to jump on a call to work out any integration questions or issues.

What do you dislike?

I wish the flow was a little easier. Needing to create a metric, leaderboard, and team all separately is frustrating sometimes. I wish once you create a metric, you could assign it to a leaderboard right from the same screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get Greg for an AM. He's very helpful!

We work in a very competitive environment, so having metrics automatically displayed and updated in real time keeps our teams motivated.

Hoopla review by Erroin M.
Erroin M.

"Get Your Team moving"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to add custom content. It allows us to brand Hoopla with our culture and liven up the atmosphere of the office.

What do you dislike?

Hoopla crashes a lot and the links they send for support are broken most of the time. Just recently they launched a new service and every link in their email returned a 404 error. Then when I went to search their help page for the new feature, again, I got nothing to show for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hoopla needs to allow for the full ability to query fields that is available in other systems like LevelEleven. The fact that I am restricted to the exact phrasings leaves out my ability to pull more data into Hoopla and influence the team. Hoopla also needs to improve the UI. How boards and metrics are set up is really heavy. It takes an hour out of my day to build out leader boards. From stat creation to building out the channel, it could be better and faster. Hoopla's competition has figured it out, so should hoopla. Honestly when our licenses come up, we will probably consider a switch because Hoopla's competitors have a better UI and keep "players" focused on their screens in the Salesforce App, where we want them to be. Plus, the need for having a Salesfroce Admin be involved is cumbersome as well. My Sales Ops team does not want to really be managing this at all. Hoopla's competitors allow for easy integration and use.

Hoopla has helped motivate the sales team to log activities and events correctly. We saw an increase in outbound dialing with the team and competitions are very key to keep them motivated.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hoopla has been awesome but Jessica Headley is the glue that keeps it all together"

What do you like best?

The support hands down, Jessica Headley has been very efficient and quick on getting back to me. Very responsive with anything i need and patient if i don't understand something the first time around. She makes time and makes sure I'm up and running if my hoopla goes down. Also the reps over at support are very helpful and actually get me up and running swiftly.

What do you dislike?

Dislike would be a little harsh, the application is great the software is a little glitchy but this updates version is tons better. Companies are different and track different metrics in different ways, so something that could be better would be integration for example using SFDC Reports is huge and made life easier for us. More updates like this and hoopla can be bullet proof.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this to gamify the day the day, and create some competitiveness but understand this only works when reps are engaged. I'm fortunate enough to have hard working competitiveness reps that are engaged and care about the job.

Competitiveness in the office

Keeping reps in the know, and also other departments get visibility

Accountability

Gamification is huge in my industry and SDRs have to work really hard so this makes it fun in the day to day

Hoopla review by David C.
David C.

"ESPN Style Leaderboads on the Big Screen Visualizes our Sales in Real-Time"

What do you like best?

As a long-time Salesforce user (since 2005), I'm always looking for extensions, or apps to enhance our investment in the platform. I came across Hoopla on the AppExchange and wondered if it would have as much of an impact in our office. When I first proposed the idea to our VP of Sales, I wasn't sure if the team would find the screen corny or unwelcome recognition. To my surprise, the response was quite the opposite.

Hoopla is by far one of the best tools for recognizing the contributions of a sales person, in real-time. Each team member has their own "theme song" which plays for 10 seconds when a deal is closed won. Even after an entire year, and with a much larger team, everyone on the sales floor still cheers aloud when a deal is won and the reps name is posted on the screens.

Our implementation is quite extensive at this stage with 6 screens, all synch'd. I wish I could post pictures.

Now, other departments are asking for how they can get their own channel, which we are actively exploring.

What do you dislike?

We ended up turning the breaking news audio alert off and only playing the sales reps theme song which is much more agreeable.

The disklikes relate to our desire for more video content. There are a lot of sports themes, however epic movies or action movies would also be very cool. Invest in fresh video content and you'll have customers for life.

We did have issues synching across 6 screens with sound getting slightly delayed creating an echo effect. Our solution was to daisy-chain all the screens using 30ft HDMI cables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out which objects in Salesforce you'll use to drive the actions in Hoopla. Most likely you'll use Opportunities - which in and of themselves can be very flexible.

We were looking for ways to better recognize employees, specifically our sales representatives and account managers for closing deals, hitting quota and other milestones in real-time. Hoopla helps us keep up the momentum on the sales floor all day long.

Hoopla review by Evan J.
Evan J.

"Best In Its Category, Needs Some Polishing"

What do you like best?

It has great displays which keep it interesting. It adds a cool factor for any visitors coming into the office who are always wowed by the interesting information it displays.

My experience has shown they have a responsive support team. All of my cases are generally resolved in a timely manner and if the rep I'm working with doesn't know the answer, she can always find someone who does.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that it can't handle custom fiscal years/quarters. This is almost a deal breaker for us. Our last FQ of the year goes from November-January, and because Hoopla could only handle November-December or just January, it was basically worthless to us.

The time it takes to manage it can also be an issue. My company bought in to the vision, and that included many custom components that required a lot of my time to keep up. As my availability fluctuated, it became hard to make sure Hoopla was accurate and displaying the information I wanted it to.

Some technical limitations on measuring how well a team was doing. We track them using a picklist rather than a lookup field, and it was impossible to show them on a leaderboard.

Give us some default components to add to the channels!

Sometimes I go over on our user limit because users are added automatically when they shouldn't have been. I always get a super annoying email asking how they can send an invoice and I have to tell them I just need to remove some users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't plan on giving out information that is vitally important. This is great for competitions and showing how reps are doing, but can never replace a regular report in Salesforce.com

Increasing visibility to all parts of the business. A big complaint I hear is that the engineering team has no idea what the sales team is doing, the customer success team doesn't know what the sales development team is doing, etc. Hoopla allows us to put metrics up for every team in the company and because there are TVs displayed around the office, people would actually look at them.

Hoopla review by Sean B.
Sean B.

"Hoopla drove behaviors that helped improve meeting creation, pipeline development, & culture"

What do you like best?

This is a great service to motivate sales professionals. It helps me also to have a live tracker that I can look to and see progress in developing pipeline and moving deals.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I would say I dislike about the services

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this service for any organization that is promoting or has an inside sales team. Driving awareness and competition is critical to ensuring a culture of performance

Hoopla is about culture improvement and driving motivation so we are always looking for ways to improve how we drive awareness of the reps activity and recognize those that are over acheiving.

Hoopla review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Hoopla makes sales analytics FUN"

What do you like best?

I love being able to create custom events for big sales. Our closers really enjoy having custom videos for their sales, as well as being able to customize their team name and logo. It really fosters a healthy sense of competition amongst our sales teams!

What do you dislike?

Some of the Salesforce integrations are clunky and take getting used to. Now that I've used Hoopla for a few months, I am comfortable with everything, but I remember feeling a little overwhelmed when I first started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Salesforce, you should have Hoopla. It adds a lot to the front end and will add a lot to the efficiency of any sales team making use of it.

Driving interest and investment from our sales teams. By creating leaderboards and competitions that are readily displayed in our office, it provides an incentive to get the extra few dials out of all the reps--nobody wants to be at the bottom of the list.

Hoopla review by Colin W.
Colin W.

"Awesome Motivation Tool for Employees"

What do you like best?

To be completely honest, the best part about hoopla is the outstanding customer service. If someone cannot answer your question, they will find a way to get it answered in a timely manner. As for the application itself, it is a great motivator for all the employees here at 722 Redemption Funding. The problem with Salesforce is that the dashboards are not kept up to date in real time. This is a good way for all of us to track our daily performance.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I could say I do not like about the application, except for the fact that we cannot use all types of reports on the screen. They just added one type of report, and I know they are always looking to extend its potential, so we are not worried about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Originally we thought the price was very high, but after going completely live, we realize how much it actually made up for the price. I believe this is why we have seen an increase in sales recently.

We have solved the issue of motivation on a daily basis versus end of the month sales. It keeps people on track everyday throughout the month, which helps us all forecast our sales for the month as a whole.

Hoopla review by Dan W.
Dan W.

"Not just a good sales tool"

What do you like best?

The thing that surprised me the most, is that this is not just a sales tool. I manage technical teams and provisioning teams and we all use it for our own purposes - not just looking at sales figures. It gives us a live feed into various part of Salesforce and the TV Channels are highly customisable, which is great not only for us, but for when our customers come to visit and see the very visual metrics we are able to produce.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything specifically I dislike about this product. Being from a technical background, I can always think of things I'd like to see, but if we log something with the support team, they are normally able to talk us through creating what we have asked for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It isn't just a sales tool. If you are considering this product, ask the teams about how it can be used for your purposes, you'll be surprised.

I think having centralised information is the most benefit to having this as part of our CRM.

Hoopla review by Caelum S.
Caelum S.

"Does what's promised! "

What do you like best?

I like that Hoopla works exactly like I expected it to. It provides an ESPN-type leaderboard for my inside sales team, with all the data pulling from Salesforce.

Once familiar with the UI, it's easy to make changes, alter graphics, create fun games and challenges, or whatever else I need.

The whole thing looks slick on our big screen and adds energy and flavor to our sales pit.

What do you dislike?

The backend UI is a bit primitive and the need to essentially recreate all of your salesforce dashboards is a minor inconvenience.

I hate when a leaderboard ends up being wrong on the TV, but it's almost always a Salesforce data issue or otherwise my fault. The data doesn't lie, but folks will complain if they feel their work is being underrepresented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Hoopla, but it was recommended to me by a friend and I never looked at any competitors. There must be a couple others out there, i'd suggest taking a look at multiple.

The benefits have mostly been ancillary or non-measurable. I like that the CEO and Exec team can see the leaderboards when they walk by. My team knows this, and doesn't want ot be last.

Hoopla review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Hoopla a Huge Hit at Bronto Software"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is very easy to configure. The development team at Hoopla is always making improvements to make configuration even easier for the admin. This allows Salesforce admins to wow executive level superiors with very little time and effort.

What do you dislike?

Too many of the backgrounds and transitions are sports themed. I understand that lends itself nicely to the competition atmosphere, but I like the more basic/geometric backgrounds. I'm constantly reusing the same ones over and over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define business cases ahead of time to have something to measure improvement against. We've implemented several leaderboards and data lists without having a measurable, so we don't know how much we've improved.

Since we've started using Hoopla, I've noticed a level of interaction between our sales teams that I hadn't seen before. They're congratulating each other on deals because they see them come up on the TV. There's a new energy to the sales floor.

Hoopla review by User

"Fun tool!"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is a good tool to add for your team - it helps to share wins with the group and get some momentum going and the morale lifted.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t make it easy to change your song on hoopla....

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's good, and it's helpful to sales/renewal teams but there is certainly room for improvements.

I’m remote and I enjoy being able to connect remotely to hoopla

Hoopla review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"Good way to surface content and team activities"

What do you like best?

It easily integrates into SFDC and I can upload customer stories, marketing content, team photos as well as surface activity / attainment metrics. We use this across a couple of teams and have setup notifications for opportunity creation & opportunity close. Additionally, it quickly surfaces QTD attainment per goal via leaderboards.

What do you dislike?

Simply put, its not easy to use. I have to manually resize all the marketing content and pictures to get it to fit on the screen. Additionally, it takes several steps to add a user and get them on the right team / setup notifications. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and although I enjoy the output of Hoopla, not a big fan of the setup and creation of a channel / adding content

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't tried any of the alternatives, as mentioned is good for what they sell it on but its not super easy to use from an admin perspective.

Surface new marketing content, surface leaderboards in our office (QTD, etc) and give our whole group a clear understanding of performance and attainment.

Hoopla review by James G.
James G.

"Only worthwhile if integrated to CRM"

What do you like best?

Nice design, easy to use dashboard and very simple to understand

What do you dislike?

The google sheets integration is slow and very manual. Setting up the sheet is not too difficult but there were many bugs that stopped newsflashes randomly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you're using an integrated PMS System

We were able to give the sales team real-time insight into their and other teams performance

Hoopla review by Ben J.
Ben J.

"I can't believe the energy Hoopla has created on our sales floor!"

What do you like best?

To me Actions are the best feature in Hoopla. We have created several action that highlight new deals real time or when a rep hits quota! The entire floor cheers when hoopla goes off!

What do you dislike?

I haven't really encountered anything that I really dislike about Hoopla. Restricting what objects it talks to in our CRM is a little limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to set it up properly and set a schedule for updating timely information. Once it's set up it runs itself.

It keeps our entire sales team engaged, focused and creates a positive competitive environment. With Leaderboards reps are constantly competing to be at the top! I'm extremely confident this has lead to more deals equaling more dollars! Alerts make reps push that much harder when they see their colleagues putting up deals.

We also have used this to help with getting messages out to our team. It has helped us with internal branding by allowing us to upload custom pictures and videos. It integrates with our social platform which creates this cross platform communication tool that is updated by employees.

Hoopla review by Benjamin O.
Benjamin O.

"#1 in Gamification"

What do you like best?

Hoopla has really brought our team together and increased friendly competition across all departments (not just sales). The animation and sounds grab everyone's attention and allows employees to be recognized for their hard work. We also use Hoopla in our support department to display Cases that need attention.

What do you dislike?

There has not been anything that I dislike about Hoopla. One feature I would like to see in the future is the ability to view everything in Salesforce (via a tab).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hoopla is going in the right direction by listening to their customers and continuously providing new feature updates.

- Increased competition: Our Sales teams are able to see how they rank against their peers

- Support Case response time & SLA: Support Cases needing attention are displayed to alert our team.

- Employee recognition: Internal contest results and "Thanks" badges are displayed.

- Social - Twitter feed is displayed & notifications for new blog posts.

Hoopla review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Feature rich dashboard for celebrating success and performance"

What do you like best?

Being able to use any metric from SF.com means I can have leaderboards for things like expansion, new business and even just lead-generation. It's also great being able to automatically announce big new ops or wins and showing the reps picture helps them feel even more recognised in a big environment.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of UI meant it was not very easy to learn; and involved a lot more trial and error testing than I would have expected, it felt like some of the workflows were not very logical. I also found it frustrating that you have to manually manage teams (rather than it picking that up from Salesforce). Finally there is no 'one-time announcement' system where an admin/manager can put in a message over the system, instead you have to figure out an event and then trigger it which is not quick or simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who is comfortable administrating the software!

Transparency of achievements across multiple sales teams.

Celebrating big wins and achieving target.

Visibility & profile of top achievers.

Hoopla review by Michaelann C.
Michaelann C.

"Hoopla is a great way to interact with the sales team on the floor!"

What do you like best?

We've been using Hoopla for at least 2 years now. It's fairly customize-able so we were able to get it set up specifically for our business. It's a great way to interact with the sales floor and to get them pumped up. We have it so that only deals over a certain threshold will go off on Hoopla, which makes it more of an exciting thing when it goes off! We also just recently learned about setting custom sounds to each user...needless to say, it's been quite entertaining.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with Hoopla is the fact that it can only group by owner records. I'd like to see it group by teams. It causes some issues with data on Hoopla not matching up correctly to our reporting that we do through Salesforce. I anticipate this being easier when we are able to use embedded reports on the next release.

We use it more as an addon to our daily business. We would run just fine without Hoopla, but we won't get rid of it. It adds to the culture and excitement on our sales floor. It's a great tool for folks to get recognition & feel like they're contributing.

Hoopla review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Hoopla"

What do you like best?

The ability to initiate an action for closed business transactions. The sales reps really get into hearing their song and seeing their deals displayed across the TVs.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have refreshed backgrounds to display. I do not always have time to attend Hoopla webinars but would find it very helpful to have short (one page) documents with tips on how improve or deploy stats, leaderboards, and data lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my first experience with Gamification software so I do not have anything to compare it to. I can say that the implementation and setup was fairly smooth. The tool is user friendly and the support staff is EXCELLENT. I would recommend this tool.

Showing rep and team attainment has provided transparency across the company. We have created incentive through competition. The automation of metrics has significantly cut down on time allocated to collecting and analyzing that data.

Hoopla review by Max B.
Max B.

"Get the team pumped up"

What do you like best?

Visual representation of sales team metrics is a surefire way to motivate folks.

What do you dislike?

SFDC integration can be a little difficult to learn and implement.

Wanted to make public all metrics, activity and results.

Hoopla review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Information + Fun = Hoopla"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is constantly improving and pushing out new features. They've also been very responsive when we submit suggestions for improvement so we feel like they truly value feedback from their customers - and put it to use!

What do you dislike?

We wish we could set up playlists with a timer to remove slides after a certain number of days. That is one feature that would help us stay more organized automatically while keeping content fresh for our employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions and learn more about this service. I think you will be impressed by how helpful and responsive the staff is over at Hoopla.

Hoopla helps to improve our company communications. It is not the only avenue we use to push out information, but it certainly helps to reinforce messages in a visual way. Additionally, it helps to boost morale and excitement on the floor by displaying metrics in a fun, animated way.

Hoopla review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Hoopla review"

What do you like best?

The Face off feature is awesome because it makes friendly competition fun between sales team members.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues with new team members logging in.

It helped keep our team members motivated which in turn helped us increase our sales. It also helped us encourage people for reaching their goals which kept them feeling invested and appreciated and made them want to work harder.

Hoopla review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"Hoopla - "

What do you like best?

Hoopla is a critical part of my sales management approach. Hire the right people (smart and competitive) focus on the right metrics and give visibility to the teams performance on those metrics. It allows me to focus on the kind of managing I want to do, coaching and professional development and it leaves the activity and productivity monitoring to the reps themselves.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to manage individual screens (we have 5 deployed) I'd rather be able to do that in one place.

Rep productivity and acknowledgement. We have out standard loop and then several break ins for important events. I am building a high performance sales culture in a fast growing startup. It is a crucial part of my tool kit to be able to scale as a manage and focus on the behaviors that move the ball forward for the business.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The New Hoopla Platform"

What do you like best?

The new Hoopla addresses everything needed in a gamefication tool. I have used a few and switched back and forth. This latest version is the easiest to use and the most robust. The first day of this roll out to our global team was one of the funnest days we have had in the office. Its a shot in the arm for the culture of your inside team.

What do you dislike?

I love all the new content, but I would prefer it was visible in a different layout when choosing which background. Like a large gallery versus having to scroll through them. Everything else is so simple to use, so nitpicking this is about the only thing I can come up with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that you will have to do some customization to really make it cool. If you have the creativity and the time to put into it (3-5 hours) you can really dial this tool in and make it really fun.

Motivation. Office culture. Team bonding. Increased production.

Hoopla review by Cyrus M.
Cyrus M.

"Gamification to boost office comradery!"

What do you like best?

The feel of the UI makes it seem like a sports stats tally and is fun to see where you stand with all your coworkers.

What do you dislike?

Th UI is kind of ugly/outdated and could use a fresher look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to increase the fun &competitive nature of sales.

Hoopla helps to boost performance as it is the nature of a sales environment to be competitive.

Hoopla review by User in Computer Software

"As if sales wasn't already competitive"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is highly customization and updated in real time. Also the integration with Salesforce is seamless.

What do you dislike?

Some of the graphics get repetitive after a while. Could have some more granular breakdowns of statistics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for displaying sales metrics in a fun and easy to view format. Some of the analysis is surface level and doesn't go as deep as Tableau or other BI tools, but that really isn't the point. Hoopla is about displaying simple sales metrics in a fun gui

A great way to motivate the team and get them motivated on a daily basis.

Hoopla review by Ihab A.
Ihab A.

"Straight Froward, Low UX Design"

What do you like best?

The best thing I liked is the forth coming feature about the ability to add reports to Hoopla TV channel. Our sales director would like to see such reports on screen in order to motivate teams to work harder.

What do you dislike?

The main features I disliked is the low grade UX. For example when I set up hoopla contests for the next month the date picker is not intelligent to know the number of days per month.

Also, if I may suggest to make an option for contest to automatically created and assigned to channels if metric calculations are relative to current month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I highly recommend Hoopla

Business problems that Hoopla solved is that allowing our sales team aware of what has been accomplished to meet forecasts also to motivate team members to work harder.

Hoopla review by Katelyn F.
Katelyn F.

"Our Sales Development Team is getting recognized by everyone!"

What do you like best?

The fact that it allows everyone (even people not in sales) to see how hard our team works!

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say "dislike" but it would be nice if we could use multiple currencies in one Hoopla channel since we are a global company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Hoopla is not only a great, easy-to-use sales motivation platform, but it has also given our team recognition from executives and other divisions, which also motivates them to do their best! Everyone has enjoyed it! We have not only used it for sales but to also show marketing campaign successes, logos of our customers, and reminders of upcoming office events.

It has made our team feel more globally connected. It has also helped raise a little bit of healthy competition, as well as recognition where it is needed.

Hoopla review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Professional appearance!"

What do you like best?

Hoopla has added a new dimension to the Direct Sales center inside Plymouth Rock of New Jersey. With the vibrant screens and customization, we have a lot of flexibility to display incentives, messages, and rewards to keep our sales staff motivated.

What do you dislike?

There currently is no support to display calculated metrics within Hoopla's Leaderboards or Challenges. Also, being able to randomize TV backgrounds on the Step level (as opposed to the entire channel level) would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hoopla will give your business unit a professional appearance with it's beautiful transitions and displays ideal for HD TV screens around the office.

Driving competition within the Sales floor, communicating incentives and incentive rewards, and keeping everyone informed in a fast paced environment where email fatigue is becoming an ever increasing burden.

Hoopla review by Matt W.
Matt W.

"Hoopla for Internal Sales review"

What do you like best?

Loved the statistical analysis.

The Motivation brought to the office on a Big TV.

How our associated Account Executives could monitor our performance.

What do you dislike?

How it cant provide % - each segment of our Sales Team have different targets so the data isn't accurate.

Forecasts, Daily Performance, Team Comparison UK, US, APAC.

Hoopla review by Will B.
Will B.

"Gamification of metrics and statistics!"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is great at motivating our sales team since if affords them the chance to compete with each other and add their own unique twists to it. It's also great that Hoopla can pull in our custom objects and fields too- it's a very versatile easy to use tool that can deliver quick results.

What do you dislike?

The UI could use some building out- User administration is a little clunky and reporting functions would be better if they were built more similar to salesforce.com

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you take advantage of their training sessions as well as interface with their customer success team

We didn't have a particular problem- rather we were looking for a way to make sales more fun and competitive. 100% of our direct sales team now participates in Hoopla

Hoopla review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

As a sales executive, it’s always a competitive environment. Hoopla made it fun for our whole team and kept the excitement rolling.

What do you dislike?

Customizing you personal profiles took a lot of explaining for most of the team to get set up. Once it was ready though we had a lot of fun each time a new sale came in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for sales teams with more than 5 people.

Moral and a good competitive atmosphere are vital to the success of a sales team. If you can keep it exciting through the slower times, it really pays off.

Hoopla review by Franco A.
Franco A.

"Stirs up a great sense of competition"

What do you like best?

Hoopla allows us to share visibility across multiple sales teams and organizations within the company. The Leaderboards produce a natural competitive vibe. The Customer Support is outstanding and super responsive (even at off-hours)

What do you dislike?

The ability to pull data from other sources would be good to drive competition for things that are not necessarily tracked in SFDC. We also are challenged with the inability of Hoopla to handle custom fiscal quarters. Tighter SFDC-integration on this front would be nice.

Hoopla allows us to drive the right behavior around certain activities (calls, deals closed, contacting the right people, etc). We have definitely seen a higher level of achievement when contests are built around certain activities and tracked in Hoopla

Hoopla review by Josh L.
Josh L.

"Modern Day Equivalent to Ringing the Bell "

What do you like best?

Hoopla is the modern day equivalent of "ringing the bell" on the sales floor. It allows salespeople to express themselves with a particular song while creating excitement and energy within the organization.

What do you dislike?

The song clips are too short. If would be great to be able to play longer portions of the song when large, strategic deals are closed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Creating excitement and energy on the sales floor by closing deals. Hoopa "going off" is a nice way to remind people that we are closing deals and growing the business.

Hoopla review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"The best gameification tool on the market, and it's still evolving."

What do you like best?

Hoopla has helped energize our sales teams and celebrate with the individuals who closed big deals and new biz.

What do you dislike?

The admin platform is not intuitive and has it's limitations in terms of the variety of games that can be set up, and the data sets that you can pull from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been reassured that the process for setting up games is being simplified. We reviewed a bunch of gameification tools and decided that Hoopla was the best option. Hoopla is constantly evolving and I'm still satisfied that it's the best int he market.

Hoopla has helped our sales reps engage with the broader performance of the business while focusing their efforts of the competitions/games we set out for them.

Hoopla review by Sara R.
Sara R.

"Hoopla TV and Sales Songs"

What do you like best?

Hoopla has been a fun and useful tool to represent our sales figures and recognize individuals for making sales. We utilize the action events on our Hoopla TV and each sales representative gets a song they picked played in the office when they make a sale - the whole office hears it and can recognize who the rep is because of the song. Our guys really like it and it makes the office fun.

What do you dislike?

We can't compare all time highs so there is no insight into how well a rep is doing in comparison to the best all time scores logged by other reps in the past.

Give reps insight into their performance in comparison to the rest of the company.

Hoopla review by Guillaume G.
Guillaume G.

"Good gamification, need love"

What do you like best?

- Nice design/layout with sport-like view, good way to attract interest

- Extensive customization:

- Rules on most of the data you have in SalesForce

- Allow a lot of flexibility on setting up different games

- Very nice to set up goals and also configure message/noise when someone move first ...

- Good support when issues

Interesting and efficient way to drive motivation through competitive games while keeping team spirit.

What do you dislike?

- Take time to administer, need specific resources allocated to manage it regularly and keep it updated and evolving in order to keep the benefits. When you don't manage it, people start not looking at it anymore and you loose all benefits

- Need some knowledge and experience to manage it, no big deal, but have to handle it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to implement.

Just make sure you know what you are going to do with it, don't just install and let go. You need someone to administer the tool, keep it alive else you loose all the benefits

Sales motivation mostly.

=> Keeping the momentum within the sales team by implementing different games and challenge.

"ESPN for Sales"

What do you like best?

- Being able to create spiffs quickly

- Keeps Sales floor engaged throughout the day

- Sales performance insight to the entire company, transparency is huge

- They have a great customer support team willing to take your considerations and push to product management

- Real-time SFDC data being shown across multiple locations

- Creates a fun & competitive work environment

Who doesn't want their own "walk-up" song when they put a big win through?

What do you dislike?

- a date field for last business day, useful on Monday when you want to see activities from Friday

- bringing in reports from SFDC (which I believe is currently on their roadmap for the upcoming months)

- re-sizing/cropping photos for custom content for best resolution when being displayed

Their customer support team has been very responsive to any features we are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer support team willing to help solve any issues you may have and are very responsive to potential new product features you think of. Overall, we have had a great experience and will be renewing.

We constantly have a competitive and engaging environment with our Sales team. This has allowed our Sales leadership to run spiffs/competitions with transparency and efficiency. More so, this has helped shine light not only on the top selling representatives, but also the reps that are putting in the groundwork. We have Hoopla being displayed on several TVs in several locations.

Hoopla review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Best Leaderboard Solution Out There"

What do you like best?

Action items when a deal closes are great. Love the competition it drives. Customer service is great and they really seem to want to make the product better and better.

What do you dislike?

Bit buggy when new team members have been added. Does not seem to fire action items on a new hires first ever sale. Long-standing issue that is a bit frustrating to not yet be resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the whole team on it right away. Does not have some of the features of other platforms but is overall superior. You will see benefits right away.

Motivation of sales reps. Increased drive and performance around KPI's. Contests are helping for team bonding and culture. Increased competition and recognition are big benefits.

Hoopla review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"VP Corporate Development"

What do you like best?

I think Hoopla has aided us in creating the right kind of Sales culture. We want a spirited, competitive environment where sales execs can see the fruits of the labors in real time and feel the momentum in the business. Hoopla helps us do this with the scoreboards and (more importantly) the gongs for closed deals. Its gotten to the point where if there are no gongs in a day, people start asking questions about what's going on. It's usually that someone hit the mute button on our TV! So I think Hoopla is great from a cultural perspective.

What do you dislike?

My biggest concern early on was the lack of support for a multi currency company (this may have been fixed) We didn't like forcing the US to see charts in GBP or vice versa

It's helping us create a winning competitive sales culture. It also adds an element of fun to the office. We get a lot of energy every time hoopla tells us we closed another deal

Hoopla review by Rob K.
Rob K.

"As a sales administrator supporting 18 reps, I was required to take a cram course in Hoopla. "

What do you like best?

Hoopla is one of the more affordable gamification apps out there. For what it can do: blend modern game mechanics, data analysis, and high-quality video, it is a bargain for small to medium-sized sales departments that use the Salesforce platform. Also, the content is rich and interchangeable, allowing one to deploy a variety of weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales challenges.

What do you dislike?

While Hoopla is enabled for Salesforce, its terms (field names, definitions, etc) are not intuitive. That is, it is not immediately apparent to the administrator how Hoopla maps and tracks Salesforce updates. There is a wealth of information on the Hoopla help site, but there's a lot to learn and review. It requires significant training and ramp up time. Customer service and fix issues often call for deeper Salesforce diagnostics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up and running Hoopla can be a full time role and requires strong Salesforce knowledge. Make sure to allow for adequate time to train and test before going live.

At emedia, Hoopla helped us navigate changes to our sales teams and quotas, including the loss of our Salesforce admin who brought Hoopla to us in the first place. We passed through those rough waters and have now grown our sales department to just under 20 reps, comprised of three teams. Running Hoopla TV in two locations on our sales floor has engaged these reps in ongoing competitions. The contests have boosted the production of our top performers while motivating the new reps to get on the board quickly.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool for Inside Sales Temas"

What do you like best?

Its relatively easy to setup for a SFDC admin because its all based on filters. We're able to make leaderboards for our revenue, demos, etc - very easily customizable.

Each one of our sales reps have their own 30 second close music, that really fires up everyone. And ontop of it, the service is always steady, never drops out.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little immature, and sometimes you get caught in a place where you can't figure out a workflow you are looking for. But, the Hoopla Support is fantastic and answers questions immediately.

Showing our Sales Reps how they compare to their peers, that's our problem to solve. And we've been able to use Hoopla as a simple and elegant solution that just plain works. Our reps love it, they love seeing their names on the board... their music play when they close deals. We've adopted hoopla company wide so everyone knows when a deal closes. We are able to visualize our sales performance and really connect the company even more to our sales team.

Hoopla review by Jaci M.
Jaci M.

"MOTIVATING & EMPOWERING PRODUCT!! We love Hoopla!"

What do you like best?

ALL good salespeople are competitive! Hoopla gives us visibility into how we rank against each other in all aspects! It's clear that our activity levels have increased since having Hoopla! Nobody likes to be in the bottom half, we always work harder to be on top! In addition to that, it's updated every 5 minutes, so it's real time rankings and results. The integration with our CRM is flawless. Not only can you show stacked rankings, but you can also show top accounts which allows people throughout the office to see these top accounts people are working on and if they have information on these accounts, they can collaborate as a team.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there really isn't anything to dislike about Hoopla. I can't think of anything that I would wish for it to do that it doesn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It shouldn't even be a question of whether or not you should use Hoopla, it's going to increase the amount of business your reps close, motivate them to sell more, your lead gen team will make more phone calls every day resulting in more meetings set; Hoopla is beneficial for any sales organization in every industry.

Here at Xactly, we've noticed an increase in call volume (everybody wants to be the one who made the most calls). Nobody complains about recognition anymore; Hoopla gives you public recognition every day. The higher activity has even increased revenue. People actually come in earlier and stay later to move up in ranks.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Strong Product to Bring Attention to Key Metrics"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to have something front and center in front of the sales team that shows the key initiatives to focus on and who is doing well. Also, love the ability to share in great news via key events (e.g. deal wins).

What do you dislike?

It is a bit manual to maintain - a lot of it relies on the admins maintaining leaderboards and keeping goals current, which is not always a priority. Also, some of the reporting is a bit limited and can't match SalesForce report build out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you communicate to your team why Hoopla is important and what the goals are of using it from the start. By emphasizing the why first you should hopefully drive additional use and focus.

We are calling attention to the main initiatives of the team and are able to constantly rotate some of that out. Some days we will focus on "x" criteria and so we can adjust a leaderboard to share that, while other times the criteria will change and we can adjust the leaderboards for those as well.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Decent product, difficult to manage"

What do you like best?

The tool's main purpose of providing a way for Sales to incentivize the right behaviors out of its teams is a very valuable one. The ability to customize based on Salesforce keeps the behaviors you are focusing on universal.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to setup and seems to require a better knowledge of Salesforce than I have. It also requires a fair amount of time to setup and maintain, so it's harder to use where you don't have a large amount of resources focused on the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to have someone who has the time to really own the tool to make it effective.

It was helping to solve the problem for us of having multiple ways of reinforcing the same knowledge and behaviors to our Sales team (we find that the more varied ways we communicate the same idea, the more likely it is to hit home with very busy Sales people).

Hoopla review by Aaron J.
Aaron J.

"Great Customizable Sales Dashboard"

What do you like best?

We've used Hoopla for several years to provide live updating sales dashboards to our whole sales and customer support organization. It runs on multiple screens across multiple offices and keeps everyone up to date for sales rankings and competitions. It's great for keeping everyone in the organization working towards the same goals.

What do you dislike?

We've used Hoopla for long enough that a lot of the bugs and missing features from earlier versions have been fixed, it does everything we ask it to now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out - their customer service is super helpful and it does a lot right out of the box.

We use Hoopla to provide live updating dashboards for our sales and customer organization that track metrics like sales, upsells, dials, customer saves, and other sales KPIs - it's directly connected to our Salesforce integration and broadcast across several tv's in several offices. It's helped us to stay on track for goals, both short and long term, manage contest tracking, and provides good visualization and teamwork benefits across the whole organization. An additional benefit is that it helps our administrative team to stay in touch with the efforts and successes in sales and customer support without having to dig through sales emails or salesforce reporting. It is a very useful tool and at this point is an uncomplicated vendor for us to use - it does everything we need without a lot of administration time.

Hoopla review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent visuals and notifcations to drive competition from within"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage and update data to be displayed between multiple locations

What do you dislike?

Generally limited to the data within your respective CRM. A Simple visual of existing information

Recommendations to others considering the product

If visual data funneled from your respective CRM is the goal to drive internal competition, Hoopla is easy to use out of the box with minimal implementation time.

To drive internal competition by recognizing desired behaviors. For example, funnel creation, close rates, average sales cycle, and overall revenue leaders can be displayed in a leaderboard / ESPN format on a big screen.

Hoopla review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Well, a must have for any proper Sales team! Salesforce's best friend"

What do you like best?

Superb customer services team, great layout and a real motivation boost for the team

What do you dislike?

Not enough background, quite complex when you need to create some custom field or complex sales calculations metric, but overall it's very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it! Don't think twice about it.

Sales motivation! And Sales MOTIVATION!!!!!

Hoopla review by User in Computer Software

"Fun way of tracking progress"

What do you like best?

I like knowing where everyone on the team stands and seeing updates from throughout the company. Also really dig the celebration videos/songs.

What do you dislike?

How it recycles a lot of past news as "breaking news;" it's somewhat confusing.

Transparency throughout both BDR/AE teams

Hoopla review by Chuck D.
Chuck D.

"Powerful Gamification Made Easy (and Compelling)!"

What do you like best?

High Quality, compelling graphical user experience while easy to setup and configure

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure the recent move to eliminate Data List in favor of SF.com reports will be a good thing, but that's based on the unknown (which i'm sure we will figure out in the next 2 weeks!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that the strength of Hoopla is rooted in data in SF.com (it can do other things, but the full power is in the SF.com integration).

Diverse data needs (e.g. Senior Leadership, Field Sales, Demand Gen, Customer Lobby) and diverse usage scenarios (remote sales force...) and a need for insight on progress against sales performance goals.

Hoopla review by User in Financial Services

"Adds a healthy competitive spirit to the Sales org"

What do you like best?

The gamification which encouraged motivation of the sales team

What do you dislike?

Be sure that the integration to the company's CRM is tight, and updating often, so that numbers shown are accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and provides leader boards and other statistics in an exciting way - we had a large monitor in the office that would feature top sales and would be triggered with real-time updates within our CRM. Relatively inexpensive for inspiring further sales.

Motivation to the sales team; highlighting top deals and displaying progress

Hoopla review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Outstanding service around a great product."

What do you like best?

We've been leveraging Hoopla for ~6 months so far. The product was easy to deploy and is easy to manage/maintain. Our inside sales people enjoying seeing their results and how they stack against their peers. We've barely scratched the surface of Hoopla's functionality, so we anticipate driving additional competition across teams as we deploy "new" features to the teams.

Service has been stellar - responsive, knowledgeable, and professional, and we enjoy working with our account team.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot I dislike, only some suggestions on added functionality that would be beneficial to my role. Some of those "requests" are already being addressed. Again, great product. Great service.

Visibility to sales metrics, performance management, driving competition across sales teams using gamification, internal communication/announcements

Hoopla review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"Love Hoopla!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can find anything and everything from my smart phone!

What do you dislike?

That don’t have some of the books I’m looking for.

My whole team can find the same stuff I’m reading so we’re on the same page.

Hoopla review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Simple but Sophisticated "

What do you like best?

This is a great tool for inside sales teams who work in and out of the office. For inside reps they are able to see where they rank at any given moment and as a result it promotes great chatter around competition. For outside reps, it helps them feel plugged into the corporate office. From a management perspective it really helps create healthy competition within the team as well as provide great reporting to the executive team.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features are good, but could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone interested in tools for promoting team awareness and/or gamification.

It's simple reporting tool that compliments sf.com dashboards well and this helps creating a different visual for the teams to get plugged into the data analytically. Gamification is simple and aligns nicely to my KPI's.

Hoopla review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Always at the top of the leaderboard"

What do you like best?

I'm naturally competitive and want to consistently stay at the top of the leaderboard. Stacked rankings in Hoopla help me compare my performance to the best reps across SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise teams to ensure I'm meeting or exceeding my personal goals. Hoopla dashboards create a healthy and fun competitive atmosphere, where reps are engaged and encourage one another to win business.

What do you dislike?

Ties in with SFDC rather than Xactly Incent (system of reference for commissionable data). The creates a situation where ARR is not accurately reflected in Hoopla for stacked ranking purpose. Ex: Could have a deal that was crediting towards quota and is eligible for commission, but not booked in your name in SFDC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a cost effective sales performance management tool that you should definitely consider investing in.

Increasing rep engagement and performance attainment over time.

Hoopla review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Hoopla. Providing functional competition for the sales team."

What do you like best?

I am personally a huge sports fan that watches ESPN on a daily basis. When I first saw Hoopla, it reminded me of ESPN. The display of competition and daily stats is great and the transitions used are just as cool.

What do you dislike?

One small issue I have is the ability to add points to a challenge. Some of our metrics do not allow for it. Its a minor hiccup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like competition and sports, this is a great way to implement a competitive aspect to your sales organization. The mobile app is also great for those in the field. They can track the competition and stats without having to use their PC.

We use it mainly for our monthly sales competitions and to show monthly user metrics which will become more vital over the next month or so.

Hoopla review by Jamie R.
Jamie R.

"Easy to set up, great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love how easy pulling basic sales stats is. Also, customer service is just fantastic. Everyone is always responsive and willing to help troubleshoot.

What do you dislike?

The metrics I can pull are pretty basic. I would love to see additional advanced calculations, allowing me to use custom report types (leads with converted lead information) rather than just being limited to filtering fields on a single object.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best gamification system out there.

We are motivating a 200+ person sales team. Everyone loves hearing the (virtual) gong and seeing their name up on the screen when they make a sale.

Hoopla review by Brandon D.
Brandon D.

"Great tool for team motivation!"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is a great way to keep your team motivated in a fun way. Sales, support, implementations - all teams can benefit from what Hoopla can provide!

What do you dislike?

It was a little tough to set up but their support is fantastic and will really help as necessary.

We needed a way to get our team motivated and do it in a fun way. Hoopla solved this for us.

Hoopla review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Great solution that add value for the entire organization, not just sales"

What do you like best?

Hoopla is very flexible in that it supports game functions, but also data display for general awareness. What I like best is that Hoopla supports the display external URLs which means unlimited possibilities. We created a Visualforce page for cases approaching an SLA violation that has audible alerts.

What do you dislike?

The configuration area is unintuitive and slow to respond.

Hoopla provides a great way to celebrate success across sales and customer service. It also helps us keep important data top of mind, like who are our top customers, and who are our new customers.

Hoopla review by Von K.