Hootsuite

Hootsuite

(1982)

With Hootsuite, you can monitor keywords, manage multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Ping.fm and WordPress profiles, schedule messages, and measure your success.

Work for Hootsuite?

Reviewed On March 9, 2018

Hootsuite review by <span>Alison R.</span>
Alison R.

Okay but not the best

What do you like best?

I like the tabs and streams available, especially when you can see things related to one keyword. Love the HootSuite blog because it offers a lot of great free advice and the HootSuite academy is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The inability to adapt to instagram planning better and the autoschedule feature not being able to use it over multiple days. I just have the organization membership with my company and I hate it, with the design and permissions it's just unnappealing from an aesthetic perspective. Also I noticed they inflate my engagement numbers, I'm sure they do it to make their product seem like its working better than it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out CoSchedule and Later for Instagram Marketing. I'll probably switch to them when my year is done with HootSuite. Love the HootSuite blog though

Social Media Scheduling and Insight reports into those. I did find Upcontent because of them and it has been a huge help.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hootsuite
Hootsuite review by <span>Tracey M.</span>
Tracey M.

A very good piece of software for social media posting, listening and scheduling

What do you like best?

The best thing is the new feature of being able to post direct to instagram. This means that I can now easily post to three channels that I use mostly from one piece of software rather than two.

What do you dislike?

The reporting can be quite expensive and there is a bit of a jump in the pricing between the different offerings

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking the free trial and getting as much out of the amazing support, videos and tutorials as possible before you decide to buy. This will leave you completely informed on what the product can do and you won't go away assuming it does something it doesn't. I have recently switched back to using Hootsuite from MeetEdgar - although this is also software that I love, it did not provide the level of support for Instagram that Hootsuite now offers, not does it allow me to be trained and become certified at hootsuite academy which is a real bonus for employees and professionals alike.

Saving time - one post goes to three platforms. Scheduling posts - not having to be at the computer to post at a preferred time. Saving Drafts to use as evergreen content or modify per platform. Being able to listen in socially on what people are talking about my customers products

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Hootsuite review by <span>Bianca S.</span>
Bianca S.

Perfect for direct sales!

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all platforms in one area and I can edit current and future posts right there. I mainly use it to post to my Facebook group and get my customers engaged. It is always refreshing, so you can quickly see when customers comment, like, or share your posts.

What do you dislike?

I wish the posting area at the top was a little more user friendly. I have often times posted something I meant to schedule because I hit the enter button. Another problem is not being able to start another paragraph or separate your text because the enter button will send your post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This site is great. It takes some getting used to, but it's capable of a lot. It's perfect for direct sales businesses, and helps getting your customers intrigued and involved. You can also run reports, and give assignments, which is key when it comes to teams.

I had a problem remembering to post pictures or posts to my Facebook group wall, and being able to schedule my posts and not have to worry about it is great for a working mom like me. Constant posting is key when it comes to Facebook's new algorithms, and Hootsuite is how to stay active and consistent.

Hootsuite review by <span>Deaira A.</span>
Deaira A.

I love Hootsuite!

What do you like best?

It’s a great way to monitor all my social media at once! I like how simple it is to get involved with and integrated into Hootsuite! It's a very easy software to use and it comes in handy all the time! I do a lot of real-time posting on various social media platforms and before I would have to have 5+ tabs open in order to access each social media account. Now I can just open up Hootsuite and post the same exact message, photo or video to all my social media at once! It's so convenient!

What do you dislike?

The phone app could be better developed, it's very rudimentary for the most part. You can basically on post or release post from the app, but I feel like it could be more functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a paid account to unlock extra features such as being able to connect more than three social media profiles. Also, take an advantage of the bulk scheduling option! I also recommend the use of the app in conjunction with the online website. You are able to post from your phone as well as release previously scheduled post on the app.

Media monitoring goes so much faster! I can watch multiple feeds as they happen in real time on one screen. I can also monitor competitor accounts and threads that are being discussed about my client.

Hootsuite review by <span>Ashley B.</span>
Ashley B.

Pretty good for a free service

What do you like best?

I like that you can schedule the posts easily and for random times or select your own time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the posting shows that it is coming from Hootsuite. I understand that they want people to know that you're using their software, but at the same time it makes them seem less genuine and could fall victim to the algorithms of many social media programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone looking to knock out their social media postings and management should utilize this software. The ease of use and options to link and organize the different types of social media are extremely beneficial.

I am able to stay consistent with Hootsuite which is a plus because if you fall out of the spotlight or do not post regularly through social media you can end up (again) succumbing to the newer algorithms that show the most interactive posts instead of the most recent. Also, if you don't post regularly, people may question the credibility, creativity or "modern" ability of your business.

Hootsuite review by <span>Maalana H.</span>
Maalana H.

An easy way to manage social media.

What do you like best?

I love the layout of the software. It's very easy to see multiple social media channels at one time, and having it all updating constantly is very handy for me and my organization. It's extremely functional, efficient, and changed the way I looked at a social media so my view is a lot more focused toward my own organization and its goals. I also love the features to track a hashtag in a separate stream.

What do you dislike?

While the mainstream social media streams work and make sense, other forms of media like LinkedIn and Constant Contact either didn't work or weren't particularly relevant. I do like that they have the option to include these options though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the budget for it, invest in the premium software so you can include all of your social media channels.

Scheduling posts across multiple social networks at one time. I can also track hashtags or movements specific to our organization, as well as when we are mentioned in other posts. We can easily reply this way.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Hootsuite Videos

Learning about Hootsuite?

* We monitor all Hootsuite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.