(2,300)

With Hootsuite, you can monitor keywords, manage multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Ping.fm and WordPress profiles, schedule messages, and measure your success.

Work for Hootsuite?

Learning about Hootsuite?

Hootsuite Reviews

Showing 2,309 Hootsuite reviews
Hootsuite review by Sitanshu M.
Sitanshu M.
View Original

"Best thing that happened for Social Media Managers"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hootsuite
Hootsuite review by Kadi M.
Kadi M.

"Can Hootsuite keep up with the ever-changing social media platforms?"

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Hootsuite review by Mariana F.
Mariana F.

"All social media profiles in one place"

What do you like best?

Being able to schedule content for days to come, in more than one social platform at once, is definitely a great benefit. After doing a research, I have found that Hootsuite is one of the few social media management tools that gathers all the main Social Media platforms into one tool.

What do you dislike?

I use the professional plan, and despite the fact that I am a paying customer, I find the analytics provided to be missing more information, and the fact that I would have to pay even more to be able to simply download the analytics data is something that I find unfair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good platform to manage any social media profiles into one place. Has some issues but I think they will be working with them along the way. If the main focus is to have a good analytics tool, this wouldn´t be my first choice.

It is a one-in-all very useful tool to be able to manage all social media accounts that I have to manage for 2 companies at the same time. Definitely helps to be able to do it all in one place.

Hootsuite review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Effective Social Media Scheduling Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that hootsuite is super easy to manage several social media platforms at the same time. With the free version, you are limited to the number of platforms and number of scheduled posts, but you can still do up to 30 scheduled at one time! It makes planning and posting to various social media platforms super easy! You can upload your media, use hashtags, tag other people or businesses, and review your feed.

What do you dislike?

It stinks that for the free version you are limited, but it is definitely better than nothing. I really don't have any complaints I like pretty much everything about hootsuite so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to use hootsuite across several social media platforms, you need to pay for the business account and it is a bit pricey. It's not terrible though.

Expanding our brand across social media. Hootsuite helps us stay in the loop, even after regular business hours! Plus, it allows us to interact with customers in a different way than face to face.

Hootsuite review by Erdem A.
Erdem A.

"Perfect for automating social media posts"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to schedule our social media posts with a few clicks. The post previews are useful for planning and arranging subsequent posts. The scheduler is very useful in tracking your progress and post spread.

What do you dislike?

Their new dashboard is a bit slow and sluggish, even though it looks better and easier to use. Analytics tools are limited in features and require you to upgrade to higher packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's one of the best tools for the job, because it's very easy to use. It's also nice to have most of your social media tools in one place. However, if you're looking for more features, you might want to look elsewhere.

We automate our social media reach through this tool. We create content at a steady pace, and can spread out our publishing times easily to maximize reach. Analytics tools are nice to have, but not packed with too many features. We use other tools for this job.

Hootsuite review by Maggie B.
Maggie B.

"Works exactly how I need it to"

What do you like best?

I have the free version of this software, so I can only post to three different social media networks. This works for me, however, as that's all I really need to post to for my job. It allows me to post in advance and keep up to date with social media postings from one consolidated site.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike-- it is user friendly and makes my life easier at work. I do have the free version, however, so if I ever wanted to post to more than three places at a time, I would not be able to. Besides that, it does everything I need it to do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to post to more than three social networks, consider upgrading to premium. I used the trial for a week and it made life easier when I needed to post to more places.

The benefit of posting regularly without having to take time out to post to three individual places is wonderful-- it saves time, energy and hassle. Also, being able to schedule posts ahead of time is something I never knew I needed, but now I use it all the time. If I know I'm going to be extra busy or out of the office, I can schedule my posts to go out when I want them to. It's like having a little personal assistant to just click that "send" button for me.

Hootsuite review by Bryan R.
Bryan R.

"Organization and ease of use"

What do you like best?

I manage multiple social media accounts for multiple company divisions. The way that hootsuite is set up it in the dashboard makes it easy to stay organized. Being able to schedule posts is key as well as it allows you to create your post and then move on to other tasks. I also think that a very nice plugin that they offer is the hootlet plugin. This allows me to post articles that I find while online, that relate to and will benefit our customers, directly to hootsuite without having to save the article, log in to hootsuite, and then post. It really is streamlined and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike after using it for more than two years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you are considering Hootsuite sign up and give it a try. There are plenty of tools that allow you to understand how to maximize your use of the product as well as obtaining a certification in Hootsuite.

Staying in front of customers via social media. We have to remind our customers that we are relevant and up to date with the current marketing outlets.

Hootsuite review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"The Best Partner For Digital Marketing"

What do you like best?

Hootsuite allows adding all social network accounts to just one account on Hootsuite, where we can easily see all updates and news in one window. Apart from the list of casual media which come to mind first (Facebook, for instance), the solution provides access to your data on such platforms as Foursquare and WordPress. Through applications, it is possible to add some other unique media. The best thing is that just by adding the accounts you have or manage, Hootsuite will show you in one place all the information you need to measure how your campaigns progress according to the objectives set for each of your clients.

What do you dislike?

They have invested a lot in covering most of the existing social networks. For digital marketing entrepreneurs it would be good to have much more economic plans, which would translate into greater profits for the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have several clients, and want to offer a better service, it is worth investing in this tool, it will help you to present a more professional and precise work about what you do and would like to contribute to each client. Yes, you will say that there are native tools that do the job.

It is ideal to measure the effectiveness of my work as a Community Manager, it is surprising how specific can be the segmentation of the followers of my clients. It is another vital tool to know what needs to be implemented in the marketing campaigns in order to attract new followers and thus reach new business niches.

Hootsuite review by Dagnnybeth P.
Dagnnybeth P.

" A basic program but very effective."

What do you like best?

It is a program that I have been using for a long time, although I have not been able to acquire the paid version. The services offered in its free version have been very useful to meet the essential needs of my clients.

I attend the main social networks and I can plan the contents that I am going to publish and that feed the identity of the brands I manage. Facebook, Twiter and intagram I can handle them pleasantly, and programming the contents leaves me time to attend other projects and responsibilities.

What do you dislike?

With certainty I can say that in this program it is difficult to identify flaws, since it is a quite complete tool that allows me to do quality work. What I can point out is the amount of limitations that the free version has and that as far as I have been able to read, the paid version caters for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be afraid to try it, you will not waste your time. It is a great application with a huge potential, when you start using it you will find a friendly and very intuitive software.

It allows me to save a lot of time, to have all the content that is going to be positioned on the social networks of my clients, it leaves me a lot of space to carry out campaigns with a higher level of creativity and to impact our target audiences desicivamente.

Hootsuite review by I. Adrian A.
I. Adrian A.

"An excellent complement to my career in photography"

What do you like best?

Quite competitive and easy to use software that has contributed greatly to the exposure of my professional career in photography and design.

The best of this software is as follows:

- I manage all my social networks in one central panel.

- I can customize Hootsuite to my personal and work tastes and demands.

- I can use Hootsuite wherever I want, I just need my Android phone or a pc.

- It is a software that can work cooperatively, ideal for our team because we need to correct and add new content in a single account.

-It's free software

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I dislike the fact that many users use Hootsuite in an improper way, making them lose the true meaning of this powerful tool. I mention this because many users use the automatic publishing tool with the sole purpose of spamming their accounts and social networks, losing seriousness and quality of information transmitted. I recommend that the Hootsuite team look for a way to regulate the use of this tool or punish users who use it wrongly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software to all those professionals who want to enhance their social networks through a professional management, since Hootsuite is a tool used by Community Managers, but, although it has enough features to be used in our social networks, the software is very easy to use and greatly facilitates the management of our social networks.

Without a doubt, Hootsuite has been a very positive ally for my professional development as a photographer and graphic designer in the company where I currently work. Elements that for me are fundamental as user traffic in my social networks, review of all my social network users in a single panel, and a constant monitoring of each of my accounts in social networks, are only possible thanks to Hootsuite.

Hootsuite review by Trina  H.
Trina H.

"Software to manage all my social networks in one control panel"

What do you like best?

It is the most profitable software I have used for the manipulation of the social networks of our publishing company. Since I use it I have come across many benefits that have helped to project our company to levels that I did not imagine at the beginning of this project. These benefits are described below:

- I can save a lot of time to manage my social networks thanks to its central panel that allows me to include all the social network accounts of our publisher, without having to open each account separately, allowing me to take that time saved to create intellectual content and post on the networks.

The message programming is a fantastic tool as it allows me to generate content and program schedules in Hootsuite for the software to post automatically, this adjusted to the schedule of my convenience and the days I want.

It has an excellent system of traffic analysis and posts in social networks, which allows us to establish projections and be able to measure our growth in social networks.

What do you dislike?

While using this software I have gotten some details that are typical of the nature of the functions it offers. Among those problems I could mention the following:

While the programming of messages offers many benefits to circumvent the time in which it is busy, also presents a very big problem, since many times many unscrupulous users use this option to create spam and saturate traffic, generating a lot of information that is not real. You have to be very careful with this

Another problem I find is that the free plan is very good but has important limitations such as the use of more than 5 social network accounts or statistics that Hootsuite throws are too basic, we have to do the deepest analysis on the traffic of our social networks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To all those who wish to project their brand, company or business group can do so I recommend this software.

From hootsuite I have obtained many benefits for our Editorial and in the fulfillment of my fucniones as Editorial Coordinator.

On the one hand we have been able to add traffic, followers and many mentions in our social networks, this thanks to the fact that we can manage our account in a productive way thanks to the control panel that includes all my social networks.

I could say that Hootsuite has made us much better known in all social networks, and that's why I recommend this software to everyone who wants to project a project, a brand or a product on social networks.

Hootsuite review by Kerri D.
Kerri D.

"Great for social media management "

What do you like best?

I liked that I could schedule social media posts ahead of time. This allowed me to share my posts with co-workers and have time to proof read our work before posting. It also allowed me to schedule posts for peak traffic time on the various sites without worrying about cramming those slots into my busy schedule. AND it did not cost money to use!

What do you dislike?

I did not like that I was unable to share my posts with other emails, so only one person or account could edit social media postings at a time. it also did not provide any data on how many people were viewing and interacting with social media posts after they were published.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hootsuite is free to use so I recommend trying it out if you are looking for a tool to help schedule and edit social media posts. Look elsewhere if you are looking for data analytics or more collaborative tools.

The problem I used this to deal with was finding time to create and edit effective social media advertisements during the different peak times of various websites in my busy schedule. I realized the benefit of pre timing posts at my leisure and perfecting them by allowing other coworkers to manage my work.

Hootsuite review by Jasmine F.
Jasmine F.

"All in one!"

What do you like best?

I love that it makes your life so much easier! Especially if you are managing and organizing several social media accounts, it always you to keep track of each account. It's also great for a team to use, and stay up to date with any changes. It's easy to customize your posts, and there's also a built in photo editing system, where you can crop, and change dimensions depending on your social media platform.

What do you dislike?

It does have glitches sometimes; it can cause some chaos especially if you've scheduled posts and you receive the error email. Other than that, I have not faced any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple accounts to manage, Hootsuite is for you.

I run the social media accounts for Mount Holyoke College, along with the communications and social media team. I've realized that it has saved up a lot of time for me and my team.

Hootsuite review by Mandy C.
Mandy C.

"Streamline Your Time"

What do you like best?

I love that I can plan all my posts for the week for multiple clients which frees up my time to tackle other projects. Because I can schedule my posts, I've been able to more easily manage my clients that are international because I can schedule posts for different time zones instead of having to set up alarms for myself to wake up and post things manually.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't automate the Instagram posts. They've been making improvements over time, but using the phone app, you still have to manually post the image and content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how many platforms you plan on using for Hootsuite. Currently, you can post on up to three platforms for free. If you want to use more, you'll have to pay, but it's worth it!

I've been able to post more regularly and track what time of day gets the most views. There is also a great feature in Hootsuite that allows you to let Hootsuite determine when is the best time to make posts.

Hootsuite review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"excellent tool to manage multiple social networks. "

What do you like best?

Our business uses Hootsuite Pro to manage social media accounts for our business and our clients. Makes collaboration among multiple team members simple and simplifies the monitoring of many different social media accounts. The interface is fairly easy to learn for new people, and the ability of managers to approve posts before approval is a valuable aspect of the software. As with all tools, there are some quirks and hidden features. Its analytical functions are relatively basic. We increase that with other products and suppliers.

What do you dislike?

Facebook APIs often fail when posting to brand pages. When posting a link to Facebook brand pages from Hootsuite, I get an unspecified API error message and the post will often not post at all, or will post with no link preview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its application is very user-friendly, it seems basic, but in reality it is a very good thing if you want a practical tool for your work.

HootSuite Pro was one of the tools that we tried to monitor different and multiple transmissions on a page. It addresses the problem of not being able to know which user comment has not been answered and also schedules responses at the most critical times of the day to increase rates of interaction with customers.

Hootsuite review by Eduardo P.
Eduardo P.

"Manage your social media as a proffesional with Hootsuite"

What do you like best?

When we created our company Twitter account, one of the major problems we faced was that for us it was really complicated to update the information daily, since we didn't have any exclusive CM team. After getting used to its features, we decided to expand to Facebook and then we discovered the biggest advantage of Hootsuite: you can handle up to 5 different accounts in the same panel. This way, you encourage your followers to visit your profiles in other social networks, interconnecting all them thanks to a post scheudling and tracking tool which allows you to verify the results of each publication (likes, comments, shares...)

What do you dislike?

Although Hootsuite has a free option, many functionalities are only available in the pro option, which may be a little expensive for small companies. For example, if you want to get some complete reports about your social perfomance, you will have to pay 50$

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free plan firts and if it convinces you, go ahead with the pro plan. It's upgrades are really worth it!

Social media is a modern and cheap way to increase your online presence, which currently is something any businees has to care about. After setting up our profiles and gaining certain relevance, we noticed an 8% increase in the visits to our website coming from external sites and we continue improving in this matter and hope that soon will beat the competition :)

Hootsuite review by Rebeca B.
Rebeca B.

"Maneja tu ecosistema social"

What do you like best?

Entre los beneficios de contar con un panel de control amplio es que te quitas la fastidiosa tarea de abrir y cerrar cada red para trabajar sobre ella. Gracias a su distribución en columnas puedes ver todo lo que ocurre en tu redes sociales de un sólo vistazo.

Planificar tus publicaciones te permitirá ser más productivo y, sobre todo, creativo ya que no estarás comprometido por una fecha. Además, cuando programas tus publicaciones podrás permanecer atento a modificaciones que vayan ocurriendo y dedicarte a interactuar con tu comunidad.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta y más me gustaría poder borrar y editar publicaciones más fácilmente. A veces, si algo se ha publicado incorrectamente, especialmente Twitter, necesito poder eliminar las publicaciones rápidamente, pero tengo que iniciar sesión en cada plataforma para hacer esto porque no parece poder hacerlo en Hootsuite. Algunos pueden hacer esto, y otros no.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Gestionar varias redes sociales diferentes.

- Difundir varias campañas publicitarias a la vez.

- Promocionar la empresa, producto o servicios.

Hootsuite es, sin ninguna duda, una de las mejores apps de los últimos tiempos en cuánto a social media se refiere. Esta poderosa herramienta te servirá para gestionar las redes sociales en una escala global, evaluando el crecimiento de la marca y el control de todas las interacciones desde un único lugar seguro y confiable.

Hootsuite review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Good free tool to get your social media management going"

What do you like best?

I like that it provides just enough features for bloggers just starting off to manage their posting schedule. I like that it can auto schedule my posts at appropriate times rather than having to set the times each day.

What do you dislike?

I find the streams are not very practical for my needs. I often want to filter and exclude tweets of certain themes out of my home stream. But there is no real way to do it from within Hootsuite. In the native twitter app, I have the ability to flag tweets I'm not interested in and I find that way of training it is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a new blogger and looking for a way to automate some tweets ahead of time. This is a great service to start off with for free and wet the feet.

I'm trying to find content that relates to my blog to engage with.

Hootsuite review by Amber P.
Amber P.

"Great Simple Way to Schedule Social Media"

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is very easy to learn and understand how to use. I love that I can schedule all of our business's facebook, twitter, and IG posts through the platform. You can include links and photos with ease. We use the free version for our relatively small business, however, I have used the paid version for my husband's marketing business, and for the price, it's absolutely worth it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site can be a little buggy, and even though I click on a photo to add or a gif, etc...it will not show up in the preview. This doesn't happen as often, so it's not as big of a pain as it used to be.

There are times when I just cannot be at the computer to do our social media, so it has taken some time off of my hands. It's a great time saver, and I usually get on for an hour on a Monday and set up all of our posts for the week. It is also helpful in making sure we always have content posted.

Hootsuite review by Shaun S.
Shaun S.

"Great Features, but a bit Buggy"

What do you like best?

The ability to post directly to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all at the same time, and even schedule posts to each platform, is an absolute godsend. I am the only person in our marketing team, so when I have time off, instead of having to schedule individual posts for each platform (or in the case of Instagram, miss posts completely) I can tee up group posts for each one and schedule them to send instantaneously.

The ability to post to Instagram from my workstation is also a benefit as it gives us the chance to edit photos in photoshop or illustrator before publishing.

What do you dislike?

The New Post beta feature is excellent, but sometimes it takes several goes to publish a post - especially if it is going to more than one platform. Also, there are issues in connecting to my file folders, which makes uploading an issue.

There are also bugs with the formatting of photos for Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - although buggy in places, the scheduling and automation features are excellent, and also the ability to edit photos with Creative Cloud from within Hootsuite is fantastic.

As above, being able to schedule group posts to all platforms means that we don't lose any social media functionality when I am away from the office. Content can be set up ahead of time and a whole week of content to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can be set up all prior to leaving the office.

Hootsuite review by Elspeth W.
Elspeth W.

"Takes the stress out of scheduling"

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is very helpful for scheduling social media posts and keeping track of what works and what doesn't. I can easily schedule posts across our social media platforms weeks in advance, and change and edit as needed. It has made social media management a breeze. Easy, and worry-free Hootsuite is very helpful, even if you are an amateur. It will up your social media game! I highly recommend this product.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, I have had some issues scheduling video and gif posts to Instagram, but other than that I enjoy it. That said, I am getting more used to it and can anticipate these problems now. Now that I have figured out this issue it is mildly annoying but less stressful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, though it does take a bit of patience when first learning how to use it.

Streamlining social media posts, keeping track of what our audience likes and dislikes. It is very easy to see what works and what does not, as well as giving the piece of mind that our social media accounts are taken care of. It is a very great product that has helped us track our posts, and make our accounts much more polished.

Hootsuite review by Greismar R.
Greismar R.

"The best platform to publish on social networks"

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is a super social media tool for social networking programming. It has a control panel where we can add all our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus), so that you can program publications on Facebook, make tweets or publish content from the same platform, without having to enter account by Account. In addition, we can make a calendar of publications.

What do you dislike?

It is a simpler platform that serves to program and publish in Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with a single click. It allows to validate the publications are giving better results so that we can make decisions that improve the Plan of initial Social average with real and current data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool to plan the publications, this allows us to be more productive and, above all, creative because we are not committed to a date. In addition to scheduling our publications we can stay tuned for changes that occur and dedicate ourselves to interact with our community.

We can get some data, creating reports on Twitter or Facebook without having to pay anything extra. This allows us to know the engagement of our brand, so you can improve the content for users and see what publications are giving better results. This tool allows us to create reports and centralize the tasks of web analytics.

Hootsuite review by Federico V.
Federico V.

"Cool for team working and to manage several channels"

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is fantastic to share and manage my Social Media Plan within my team. All of the tools focused on publishing are really powerful. After some years of experience and intense use of Hootsuite, I have to say that I expecially love scheduler that enables me and my team to always have quick but complete overview on ongoing posting activities.

Analytics dashboards are really great supporters of our daily work, as well: we manage to build up a strong reporting structure with all of the data provided.

What do you dislike?

Hootsuite has several tools (i.e.: Publisher, Analytics, Assignments, draft, planner, and so on...). It is not always easy to find them. UI may need some little improvements. The left side navigation bar is not always easy to use. Expecially if you are working on a mobile device, or you want to have a quick look through your smartphone, you absolutely need to download Hootsuite app to get all that you need in a comfortable way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage 10 social media properties or less you'd probabily not fully appreciate Hootsuite potential.

When I started using Hootsuite, I absolutely got much more control and better planning on my Social Media activities. I did not solve any particular business problem with Hootsuite, but I noticed that this really powerful tool helped me and my team in doing much more things in much less time, and have a deeper insights on our activities and on the goals we were reaching.

Hootsuite review by Bethany B.
Bethany B.

"Hootsuite for multiple accounts"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Hootsuite allows me to manage multiple accounts is great! Not only am I able to include multiple social media platforms, but multiple accounts within the same platform. That piece is incredibly important.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time. I dislike the changes in plans over the years. However, I love some of the features that have been added here and there with upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this for monitoring hashtags and @mentions when it comes to social listening. It will make life so much better! Whether just beginning or managing at the agency level, Hootsuite is a great tool that will help make your digital footprint a success.

Social listening is the biggest item we solve with Hootsuite. Using the streaming columns really helps keep track of virtual events with specific hashtags being tracked, and with following lists.

Hootsuite review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Manejo de redes sociales para profesionales!"

What do you like best?

Integra las principales redes sociales en un mismo dashboard, las mas importantes como Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Youtube, LinkedIn, entre otras; esto permite que las cuentas sean monitoreadas sin mayor esfuerzo, lo único que hace falta es tener un monitor mas grande para ver todo lo que pasa en el mundo de las redes sociales. La programación de contenido es extraordinaria ya que te permite publicar todo tipo de contenido en el momento que se predefina de manera muy fácil, solo presionas el calendario y la hora; por cierto también te manda un correo cuando envía tu publicación, es maravilloso. También están los reportes, los cuales me parecen que son los mas completos si pagas por ellos. Otras opciones como asignaciones para las organizaciones son muy interesantes cuando las redes son llevadas por estructuras verticales.

What do you dislike?

Aveces la pestaña para publicar el contenido se minimiza, las publicaciones masivas con imágenes en Facebook tienen problemas, los informes gratuitos son muy básicos, pero de resto creo que es una gran herramienta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hootsuite es un software poderoso en el manejo de las redes sociales, permite realizar campañas de mercadeo y publicidad para posicionar los productos o servicios a los potenciales clientes; para poder llegar lejos en las redes sociales debes contar con una herramienta como esta.

Dar a conocer y posicionar la organización en las redes sociales no es tarea fácil, sin embargo Hootsuite hace que esta tarea sea mas llevadera ya que permite visualizar y monitorizar los temas relacionados a los servicios que se ofrecen y a la publicación de contenido sistemático en las principales redes sociales.

Hootsuite review by John M B.
John M B.

"Good"

What do you like best?

The interface is a bit confusing at first, but with the help of the on screen guides i quickly learned the basics of the website and how to efficiently work with Hootsuite. The app is perfect for when I am away from my office and not near any computer. Mobile friendly is the way of the future.

What do you dislike?

Again as i mentioned before, the interface was confusing at first but then over time I was able to adapt and navigate the site and the app with little to no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the walk-throughs carefully and make sure that when they update their system that your platforms are still valid and usable..

We are a small company, thus we needed a way to spread our brand. We already had a small following on Facebook but we wanted to spread further. We added Instagram and Twitter soon there after but realized that managing all three platforms required more time than we could give. Hootsuite allowed us to expand out brand and post on multiple platforms without costing us too much time in doing so.

Hootsuite review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"User Friendly Social Media Management Program "

What do you like best?

I think the best part about Hootesuite is how customizable the program is. It is so easy to get everything that is the most important, all on one screen. The other huge benefit with Hootesuite is that it is cheap! In terms of social media management programs, Hootesuite definitely has the most to offer, at the cheapest price.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the things that I struggle with Hootesuite a little bit is the difficulty with seeing notifications. While I can see all of the social media channels that I need on one screen, I do not feel as though the notifications appear easy enough, I still end up having Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter all open so that I can make sure that I am not missing anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Hootesuite as a program to use if you don't have much of a budget to spend on social media management. Becuase they have a non-paid version, you can still do a lot of good work in Hootesuite, for very little money. I would say that you should spend the time to learn it, the platform has a lot of capabilities, and if you learn them all you will be able to do a lot with it.

One of the biggest business problems we are solving with Hootesuite is the current lack of a social media strategy. Hootesuite allows me to get everything that needs to go onto social all in one place and lined up so that I just ensure everything is posted in a timely manner.

Hootsuite review by Joshua B.
Joshua B.

"An easy way to keep your social media up to date"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to update multiple social media platforms at one time, while still being able to tweak each update as needed. For example, I can add hashtags to Instagram posts. Shorten a post for Twitter.

What do you dislike?

I find the user interface to be a bit messy compared to other products. The most important part of the app, creating new posts, is squeezed into a pop-up window that sits along the top of the browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hootsuite is great for updating multiple platforms at a time, but if you're focusing on one platform I think there are better solutions available. For example, Later is great for planning Instagram posts. It let's you see how your feed will look with the schedule post so not only can you schedule posts... you can 'art direct' your entire feed.

Keeping social media account up to date to connect with customers, without having to think about it every day. I can sit down one day and plan posts for the week ahead.

Hootsuite review by Luis E.
Luis E.

"Great Social Media Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can integrate Gsuite or Google Drive into the process for social media posting/curating and I don't need to download the materials to upload them to Hootsuite. I also love the new bulk editor and content curation. Also I like how it can manage RSS feeds for curation and posting.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more automatic content curation for more brands, not just one. And also I would love to have automatic Instagram posting for the accounts without using the mobile app. I also dislike the reports are generated using credits while the competition has this covered with the monthly payment. But if you have another tool for reporting, then this is not an issue for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good quality social media management tool that offers good solutions for your bucks, then Hootsuite is the right choice.

Social Media communication and monitoring, the hability to have multiple teams for customer service and social media monitoring is a must nowadays. You need to keep track of your social media channels and also the competition. It's easy to integrate other channels through the Apps that Hootsuite has and extend the functionality of the platform.

Hootsuite review by Emily E.
Emily E.

"Hootsuite - Great for Social Media Scheduling and Improving"

What do you like best?

I love that you can have several social media platforms linked and organized within the screen. It's visually easy to see all your posts and see which platform they are scheduled for.

What do you dislike?

When I used Hootsuite, not all the social media platforms were linked in a way that Hootsuite could automatically post for you. Instead, you'd need to set a reminder or get sent a push notification and then you would have to copy and paste your post into the actual platform itself. I believe this has changed - I no longer work with Hootsuite but my coworkers do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting used to Hootsuite via one account - so manage one account's platforms via it (instagram, Facebook, twitter) and then add on from there. It can be a little overwhelming to have a ton of accounts to start off with.

We manage several of our clients' social media accounts so Hootsuite solves the problem of scheduling - we can schedule as far in advance as we'd like and don't need to go on each individual account daily. It's increased our speed and reliability of posting.

Hootsuite review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"The best way to keep your companies Social Media Game on point."

What do you like best?

I love Hootsuites ability to customize the layout of your home screen to see exactly what you want to see regarding your connected accounts. I have have facebook's wall, twitters feed, and others right there in front of me as well as being able to see what my upcoming post will be.

I also love the ability to be able to post to all of my social media accounts all at once all from Hootsuite. Hootsuite does all of the work to make the post appear correctly as if they are coming from their native websites/apps.

What do you dislike?

I wish the packages were a little more affordable for a smaller church like myself but I understand what they charge due to such a quality product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this app to any one who wants to take control of their companies social media.

Hootsuite allows me to be able to post to all of my companies social media at one time instead of having to post from each individual app like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It also make the post look like it was posted naively from withing each appropriate app. This frees up time I would normally have to spend on posting to the different sites.

Hootsuite review by Alison Rivera, D.
Alison Rivera, D.

"Okay but not the best"

What do you like best?

I like the tabs and streams available, especially when you can see things related to one keyword. Love the HootSuite blog because it offers a lot of great free advice and the HootSuite academy is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The inability to adapt to instagram planning better and the autoschedule feature not being able to use it over multiple days. I just have the organization membership with my company and I hate it, with the design and permissions it's just unnappealing from an aesthetic perspective. Also I noticed they inflate my engagement numbers, I'm sure they do it to make their product seem like its working better than it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out CoSchedule and Later for Instagram Marketing. I'll probably switch to them when my year is done with HootSuite. Love the HootSuite blog though

Social Media Scheduling and Insight reports into those. I did find Upcontent because of them and it has been a huge help.

Hootsuite review by Tracey M.
Tracey M.

"A very good piece of software for social media posting, listening and scheduling"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the new feature of being able to post direct to instagram. This means that I can now easily post to three channels that I use mostly from one piece of software rather than two.

What do you dislike?

The reporting can be quite expensive and there is a bit of a jump in the pricing between the different offerings

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking the free trial and getting as much out of the amazing support, videos and tutorials as possible before you decide to buy. This will leave you completely informed on what the product can do and you won't go away assuming it does something it doesn't. I have recently switched back to using Hootsuite from MeetEdgar - although this is also software that I love, it did not provide the level of support for Instagram that Hootsuite now offers, not does it allow me to be trained and become certified at hootsuite academy which is a real bonus for employees and professionals alike.

Saving time - one post goes to three platforms. Scheduling posts - not having to be at the computer to post at a preferred time. Saving Drafts to use as evergreen content or modify per platform. Being able to listen in socially on what people are talking about my customers products

Hootsuite review by Angi B.
Angi B.

"Not worth the potential"

What do you like best?

1) Capabilities. It's one of the best - if not the best - social media tool to keep track of feeds. I've found nothing that can match its ability to search and monitor keywords or accounts.

2) It does have a free option. While it's very limiting, for some users it may be a nicer alternative to spending a lot of money on a monthly subscription.

3) It's not hard to understand.

What do you dislike?

1) It's really outdated as far as its design goes. It looks like it was awesome in 2010 (which is was) and then never really changed its interface.

2) Not everything is included, even if you pay for it. Reports, for example, cost extra. No bueno.

3) It's really clunky. For example, I use it primarily to monitor keywords and account streams. I then take the tweets and retweets and load it to eClincher, my preferred scheduling system. The issue is that it refreshes (which is not a terrible thing) but because it's so massive, it often freezes my Hootsuite or makes it otherwise impossible to do anything until the refresh is completed. It's frustrating to want to check on a link only to have to wait 1-2 minutes in order to do so. In addition, as it refreshes, it has a nasty habit of sometimes of automatically updating the feed. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked to edit a retweet only to have it update. I end up opening the tweet above it instead or (worse yet) I'll accidentally click on retweet instead.

4) It's scheduling is time-consuming and frustrating. It's not the most effective system for scheduling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't depend on Hootsuite for scheduling. It's best used for monitoring only. I switched to a different scheduling system due to its consistent "failed to deploy" scheduling issues.

Hootsuite really rocks the industry in monitoring keyword and account streams. That's about the other benefit from it. The rest of it fails to impress me compared to other systems out there.

Hootsuite review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Hootsuite makes it easy to stay on top of all your social media accounts"

What do you like best?

I switched over from TweetDeck to Hootsuite years ago and it was an easy transition. Hootsuite is straightforward and easy to setup and intuitive to use. All the features are easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

The design and user interface feels a bit dated compared to other platforms now available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hootsuite is definitely one of the leaders in social media management. It's a great place to start if you're not sure and gives you a good baseline for the benefits you can get out of this type of program.

Hootsuite is great for a small business or busy professional that doesn't want to commit to a large monthly expense, but still wants a powerful tool to easily manage its social media presence. Hootsuite helps us stay on top of our accounts and keep an eye on what others are doing with minimal effort.

Hootsuite review by Bianca S.
Bianca S.

"Perfect for direct sales!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all platforms in one area and I can edit current and future posts right there. I mainly use it to post to my Facebook group and get my customers engaged. It is always refreshing, so you can quickly see when customers comment, like, or share your posts.

What do you dislike?

I wish the posting area at the top was a little more user friendly. I have often times posted something I meant to schedule because I hit the enter button. Another problem is not being able to start another paragraph or separate your text because the enter button will send your post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This site is great. It takes some getting used to, but it's capable of a lot. It's perfect for direct sales businesses, and helps getting your customers intrigued and involved. You can also run reports, and give assignments, which is key when it comes to teams.

I had a problem remembering to post pictures or posts to my Facebook group wall, and being able to schedule my posts and not have to worry about it is great for a working mom like me. Constant posting is key when it comes to Facebook's new algorithms, and Hootsuite is how to stay active and consistent.

Hootsuite review by Deaira A.
Deaira A.

"I love Hootsuite!"

What do you like best?

It’s a great way to monitor all my social media at once! I like how simple it is to get involved with and integrated into Hootsuite! It's a very easy software to use and it comes in handy all the time! I do a lot of real-time posting on various social media platforms and before I would have to have 5+ tabs open in order to access each social media account. Now I can just open up Hootsuite and post the same exact message, photo or video to all my social media at once! It's so convenient!

What do you dislike?

The phone app could be better developed, it's very rudimentary for the most part. You can basically on post or release post from the app, but I feel like it could be more functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a paid account to unlock extra features such as being able to connect more than three social media profiles. Also, take an advantage of the bulk scheduling option! I also recommend the use of the app in conjunction with the online website. You are able to post from your phone as well as release previously scheduled post on the app.

Media monitoring goes so much faster! I can watch multiple feeds as they happen in real time on one screen. I can also monitor competitor accounts and threads that are being discussed about my client.

Hootsuite review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Pretty good for a free service"

What do you like best?

I like that you can schedule the posts easily and for random times or select your own time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the posting shows that it is coming from Hootsuite. I understand that they want people to know that you're using their software, but at the same time it makes them seem less genuine and could fall victim to the algorithms of many social media programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone looking to knock out their social media postings and management should utilize this software. The ease of use and options to link and organize the different types of social media are extremely beneficial.

I am able to stay consistent with Hootsuite which is a plus because if you fall out of the spotlight or do not post regularly through social media you can end up (again) succumbing to the newer algorithms that show the most interactive posts instead of the most recent. Also, if you don't post regularly, people may question the credibility, creativity or "modern" ability of your business.

Hootsuite review by Maalana H.
Maalana H.

"An easy way to manage social media. "

What do you like best?

I love the layout of the software. It's very easy to see multiple social media channels at one time, and having it all updating constantly is very handy for me and my organization. It's extremely functional, efficient, and changed the way I looked at a social media so my view is a lot more focused toward my own organization and its goals. I also love the features to track a hashtag in a separate stream.

What do you dislike?

While the mainstream social media streams work and make sense, other forms of media like LinkedIn and Constant Contact either didn't work or weren't particularly relevant. I do like that they have the option to include these options though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the budget for it, invest in the premium software so you can include all of your social media channels.

Scheduling posts across multiple social networks at one time. I can also track hashtags or movements specific to our organization, as well as when we are mentioned in other posts. We can easily reply this way.

Hootsuite review by Faith E.
Faith E.

"Hootsuite has everything I need!"

What do you like best?

I love how Hootsuite lets me work on all of my social media platforms in one place. I can view my analytics, get reports, schedule posts, even respond to messages and comments, all from my Hootsuite dashboard. It makes it so much easier versus having multiple apps to do what I need to for my social media.

What do you dislike?

In the free version, you can only have 3 social media platforms. All you have to do is upgrade, but with my brand being so small at the moment, I don't see upgrading as a necessity just yet so I am sticking with having my main three platforms on Hootsuite.

I like to plan and schedule my content in advance and Hootsuite allows me to do that. It also gives me reports so I can view what is working and what content isn't.

Hootsuite review by Agata J.
Agata J.

"Great for social media marketing"

What do you like best?

Hootsuite is a very easy-to-use email marketing automation tool and it does not require any technical skills to install, integrate it with social media pages and and manage the profile. I like the fact that user can add up to 5 social media profiles and manage it through Hootsuite for free. Another think I like about Hootsuite software is an accurate reporting and analytics and quick customer support team

What do you dislike?

So many features could be overwhelming first, but once the user gets used to all of the features become very easy-to-operate with. Another thing is that once you exceed 5 social media pages the price is $19 per month and you have to pay annually. The most upsetting fact is that when you need more than 1 user, it is considered as a team plan and costs $100 a month which is way too much for a social media automation tool like Hootsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Hootsuite to content marketers, social media marketers, community managers, digital marketing professionals and others who want to automate their social media campaigns and social media content marketing. The tool works good and safes your time.

We use Hootsuite as a social media marketing automation solution to automate social media campaigns and to schedule, edit, and post social media posts. We also use Hootsuite's reporting and analytics features for the insights and tips to improve our company's social media content strategy.

Hootsuite review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Effective but Overwhelming"

What do you like best?

The best part about Hootsuite is that you can schedule postings in advance - up to 30 for the free version (across all platforms), but more if you pay for premium. This means that if you're in charge of social media for work you can do an entire week's worth in one day, or even take care of it in advance of being out of the office.

What do you dislike?

I find Hootsuite's platform overwhelming. I don't like the amount of information displayed on the dashboard and have had to reorganize several times to get it to a functional layout. It could be helpful if you never access your social media accounts through the actual accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) but if you regularly check those specific platforms, Hootsuite is redundant. I also don't like how the integration with Instagram works. It requires extra steps that limit the available convenience of scheduled postings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many social media channels Hootsuite is great because it can limit your need to log in to each specific channel regularly. However, if you only use one or two, it may be redundant and unnecessary - especially with Facebook's scheduling feature.

I only work part-time for my organization and am responsible for our social media even when I'm on vacation. So I love that I can schedule a week's worth of social media posts in advance, then not worry about my job while I'm out of the office.

Hootsuite review by Christy C.
Christy C.

"Excellent tool for social media management and education"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of having all my social media platforms in one place and that I can see all the activity from one location. I also like the educational resources. The Hootsuite Academy is worth the extra cost. I learned things that I wouldn't have just found out from working in the industry. The webinars are very valuable too. They have been timely and relevant. I've even gained a certification from their academy!

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to delete and edit posts easier. Sometimes if something has been posted incorrectly, especially Twitter, I need to be able to delete the posts quickly but I have to go log in to each platform to do this because I don't seem to be able to on Hootsuite. Some you can do this with, and some you can't. I also don't like being limited on twitter posts but I think that's not a Hootsuite thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple platforms you need to post on, this is an excellent tool. Also, if you don't have much experience as a social media manager, there are tons of educational materials. The Hootsuite Academy is worth the extra cost!

It saves me a lot of time to be able to post to several outlets at once. I can also schedule posts so that I don't have to keep coming back at different times to post, it does all that work for me.

Hootsuite review by Jorge E.
Jorge E.

"Must to in social media analytics"

What do you like best?

We use just for analytics, you can make an inform with a pair of clicks, they will have necessary information with a great syntax and estructure. Is a very complex tool that you can use free or paid, both are good, but in paid account you can do almost everything you want. Is an excellent product.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything bad to say about Hootsuite, maybe it is improvable in some sections but no problem about that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We used Hootsuite for manage our social media, mainly Twitter, but now we use Buffer and TweetDeck for it, so now we use for monitoring our growth and make a mensual inform of it.

We get in Hootsuite for social media management, but now we use it for analytics and monitoring Twitter.

Hootsuite review by Jose Tomas T.
Jose Tomas T.

"Mi Experiencia con Hootsuite."

What do you like best?

For my experience in the use of this tool I can note that it turns out to be the most complete and versatile social network manager of all, in addition to allowing you to manage different social networks in a single app, the management of columns, any search of Hastag, users, keywords and events that happen in real time.

Another feature that has hootsuite is the rise in content mass to program them at the time you want.

Finally, what I can tell you about the functions of this tool is that the real-time reporting system is truly complete and very useful for the analysis of all the social networks that we manage, for me the best.

What do you dislike?

Within what fits few things I dislike this software, what really is half cumbersome are the columns and the sidebar of the menu, which due to the many functions that it has many times is difficult to remember all the functions and usually It loses time in the middle of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A more intuitive simplification would be good.

I have solved many problems, among them are:

- Proramación of content in the moment that needs it.

- Increase in mass of content for its subsequent programming, this facilitates us in rendering time and making work easier.

- Being able to obtain statistics in real time of the behavior of my brand, allows me to make better decisions to optimize my brand.

Among others...

Hootsuite review by Lauren E.
Lauren E.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It's super awesome being able to add different streams like scheduled and posted content, not to mention it's AWESOME being able to see who interacts with your account with the Mentions stream. It's very very easy to use which is very helpful. It's great having the app direct you right to Instagram with the picture and text copied, which makes it quick and easy!

What do you dislike?

To pull reports for clients requires you to pay (depending on your plan). While it's great to have analytics, to pay for them is a bit of a pain. With the new update to Facebook and being unable to manipulate metadata Hootsuite was a great way to by-pass that, but not it doesn't let you do that either which is annoying and will post a linked article with a small fuzzy picture or nothing at all. It's also very expensive to add another team memeber to the account which makes some people try to couple up on one account with A TON of streams all over the place. I am not a fan of when going to create a post in Hootsuite and the tab just minimizes at times while I'm in the middle of loading a picture or something. It also tends to disconnect accounts A LOT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good if you're handling a ton of clients. Be patient as it does take time to load depending on how many streams your have open.

It's very helpful when managing a ton of clients and trying to stay organized. Again it's a great way to stay organized and have all your accounts at your finger tips. It's very easy to schedule when you're on the go or post to Instagram with the app.

Hootsuite review by Petra G.
Petra G.

"Hootsuite—an Invaluable Social Media tool! "

What do you like best?

I love the scheduling features AND the Beta version! I've tested it out a few times and I love, love, LOVE the post preview that it offers! Hooray!

I manage multiple platforms, to the Streams are useful to me as well.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed that Facebook is deprioritizing my posts scheduled from Hootsuite. I also ran into problems a while back when scheduling videos to post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We loved this so much that we campaigned our management team to subscribe to a yearly subscription, and no one has regretted this. You get your money's worth! We're loving the Beta and hope it rolls out soon. If you manage multiple accounts across several platforms, this is a MUST. HAVE.

I have done several webinar tutorials when I first got started and the scheduling is invaluable as well as the cross-platform analytics. Well done! We've seen a growth in our traffic as well as team cooperation—we can all see what's happening on our platforms at any given time, which saves on emails, communications and cuts down on confusion.

Hootsuite review by SheriLynne H.
SheriLynne H.

"Easy social media management for busy non-profits"

What do you like best?

With limited time, I can still get the full scope of what I need to know is happening on Twitter. I am a big fan - it makes my job so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile interface was easier to manage, but that might just be the nature of the beast. I really only use Hootsuite on my laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hootsuite is a very efficient product. It's easy to learn how to use it and get things set up according to what you need to see from social media. It's also very flexible - when I have had different interns over the years, they have been able to reorganize the feeds according to what is intuitive for them, and that helps them complete their task quicker and more efficiently. Because we are a very busy non-profit, presenting or supervising or funding more than 400 events per year with only 9 full time employees, it's important for me to work efficiently in everything I do. Hootsuite is great!

We are a very busy non-profit organization with only 9 staff members, and I am the sole person running communications. I simply do not have a lot of time to spend on various social media platforms. Hootsuite is great because I see what I need to see without spending a lot of time digging through chaff. I can easily respond, write original posts, etc.

Hootsuite review by Angele B.
Angele B.

"Gets the job done, but unimpressed"

What do you like best?

If you need a social automation system, it gets the job done. I’d recommend it in a pinch or if you only need to manage one or two accounts.

What do you dislike?

This is personal preference but I do not like the web interface. I have a lot of clients come to me for consulting and they can’t grasp it. I feel it could be far more user-friendly and “clean.”

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re handling a small number of platforms, it’s a fine choice. However if you’re handling a large number of platforms (say if you’re a social media manager, like myself) the pricing becomes outrageous and I’ve found you can get better (and more) bang for your buck with a better program.

If you’re only managing a couple of accounts, Hootsuite works fine. It’s a reliable platform that helps to get your social content out and review analytics accordingly. Also, their app is probably the simplest I’ve used to date.

Hootsuite review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"industry standard social management "

What do you like best?

I love the HootSuite interface. It is easy to manage and get around, especially if you have never used it before. I appreciate the easiness to schedule posts and that it lets you choose the type of information you want to always view.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that some of the most important features of social media management cost so much extra. For example, the analytics. You can view them with the normal subscription, but to have the capability to download the data, its an additional $60 a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be an affordable program to use if you need some minor social media management all in one place. It can get a bit pricey when you start adding features, but they are good features. Their analytics is easy to understand and you can download them in a variety of formats. This is an industry standard program, and there is a reason for it. Easy to use and useful.

Being able to schedule social posts when we are not in the office allows us to always stay current and consistent with our audience engagement.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Hootsuite Videos

Learning about Hootsuite?

* We monitor all Hootsuite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(2,300)