Hop Email

4.9

Hop is the app to turn your existing email into simple, multimedia mobile messaging, focused on the people and groups that matter most to you. Hop turns your email messages into a natural chat conversation with the people you know.

Work for Hop Email?

Learning about Hop Email?

Hop Email Reviews

Ask Hop Email a Question
Showing 19 Hop Email reviews
Hop Email review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"By far the best email solution"

What do you like best?

Hop helps to cut out all the clutter of signatures and previous emails while allowing you to see all the conversations you had with someone in the past in a simple view. So it helps reduce the amount of time spent on email. Hop works faster then any email client, and I have tried every one that I could find! The Priority Inbox vs Other inbox saves a lot of time sorting what is important and not important. If others are using Hop as well, it creates a realtime chat between each other. It also allows for encrypted messages between users, which is great when sending sensitive information.

What do you dislike?

Not much, would like a few other small features like Auto Snoozing, and location based reminders. But really, they have the best email client, and now that desktop will be available, it will be the best solution on your smartphone, tablet, and desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simpler email, then use Hop. Some of the UI takes a little getting used to, and it starts in People organized mode, but you can change it back to the typical Inbox setting if that works better for you, which is what I do now. No reason not to try Hop at least for a month or so.

Hop allows for clearer communication and saving time spent on email. Allows for better context with a previous contact as well. I have saved a lot of hours on email, and a better experience then browser based email, or any other app.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hop Email
Hop Email review by Andreas G.
Andreas G.

"With Hop you finally have email and messaging integrated"

What do you like best?

I love that I can do messaging and email in just one client without switching between applications, also I can search both at the same time. And there is a plethora of additional cool features like group chat, ai based email triage etc. But the best thing is that I can chat (and group chat) with anyone in the world that has an email account, they don't need to use Hop.

What do you dislike?

I am still eagerly waiting for the desktop version of Hop. There is also a little learning curve in the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use email mostly on the desktop wait for the desktop version to come out. Understand that some UI concepts are new, fresh and a little different than with other clients embrace this and you will never want to go back.

I am just handling all my email inflow in a shorter time, and I have slack like features as searchable group chat already included. With one important difference, the recipients of my chats do not have to use hop that it works, they can use any email account and any email client.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Hop Email review by Derek H.
Derek H.

"The Antidote to Email Overload"

What do you like best?

Hop provides a simple solution to a problem that NO OTHER EMAIL CLIENT does: it takes WHO you email and puts them front and center, while everything else gets a back seat. The result is a solution to the barrage of marketing emails getting mixed up with people you care about, and Hop can do this with ANY email account and multiple ones at the the same time. Really, this is a game changer.

What do you dislike?

Overall Hop is simple, however, there could be some optimizations in the UI that would make this so much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget Inbox Zero. That is a pipe dream in today's world. Get Hop and put the people you communicate with the most at the center of your email.

Since I have a handful of VIP clients, I want to make sure they are getting my best attention. Hop helps me achieve that by putting their emails into the "Priority" section, while every other business in the world that thinks my inbox is their best marketing tool gets hidden.

Hop Email review by Isaac R.
Isaac R.

"This is how email should've been created"

What do you like best?

I love how Hop gives me a tool for managing everything i need to do right on top of my existing email. I love how it is free, lets me create channels, and lets me do everything i need using my email account.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a desktop version, it would be really comfortable to use while at work. I believe its in the works however

Recommendations to others considering the product

FREE!!!! definitely worth checking out

Channels let me create really great place to collaborate with my colleagues. I was able to create study group while at school, and after graduating with my colleagues at work. Great solution for making my email more modern and easier to use

Hop Email review by David M.
David M.

"Best Communication tool for freelancers"

What do you like best?

The REAL combination of Email and Messenger in real-time!

What do you dislike?

Looking forward for Desktop - rest perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

People who rely on emails and teams collaboration and wants to have unified platform, MUST use Hop! its a growing community of users and the Hop team is adapting our comments and recommendation!

Go Hop!!!

Saves me lots of time in communication with my teams and customers.

The fastest ever email with the most productive search!

Super smart UI / ux

Hop Email review by David F.
David F.

"The only thing it lacks is a Mac client"

What do you like best?

Hop makes emailing as fun, fast and simple as messaging in WhatsApp or any other messenger. You can reply to email with sound, pictures or video you capture from the app, etc. But unlike those messengers, Hop helps you keep things organised. It organize communications by people you connect to (again exactly like a messaging app), which is truly great, at least for my way of working and communicating. Not to mention that it allows in app calls.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I particularly dislike. The only thing it lacks is a Mac client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's cool.

It helps me responding to email faster than usual and with much less annoyance.

Hop Email review by Nikhilesh  S.
Nikhilesh S.

"Wonderful email client for phones"

What do you like best?

Fast and responsive! I like the look and feel of the application on the phone and the ability to customize some of the options to suit my requirements

What do you dislike?

Earlier my hotmail account was not syncing to the Hop email application but they seemed to have fixed that problem now!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it ! I gurantee that you will love it!

My email interactions have improved greatly. I reply faster than I ever did and follow up more with clients and peers than before.

Hop Email review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"Great free application"

What do you like best?

I loved the channels. I work in sales so I'm in constant contact with multiple departments and managing it all has become a mess. Channels let me have organized spaces for collaborating with my clients, coworkers, and everyone in an organized efficient way.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of desktop version, but i believe it will be released shortly.

Communication, collaboration, productivity

"Far beyond email"

What do you like best?

I find Hop is faster and more efficient than using email:

- Lightweight design, responsive, great UI

- A very clean way to keep track of conversations with individuals without searching

- Quicker response to those who prefer to use email

- Being able to scroll through recent interlocutors at the top of the screen makes it easy to find who you want to speak to

- Priority Inbox reduces sorting and helps focus

- Useful, especially for news and marketing items, to be able to delete all messages in a thread in one go

What do you dislike?

I would like the option to be able to swipe right to delete, as in most other messaging clients. The two-touch delete is irritating - it should be possible to set a default to delete the current message, rather than being required to choose each time, This is far too onerous..

Waiting for the desktop version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a unified platform makes email work so much more smoothly

Essentially it allows for flexibility and efficiency in communication between individuals who have different preferences as to platform. Getting through my email faster.

Hop Email review by Bill H.
Bill H.

"Superior Email Experience! "

What do you like best?

I love that Hop Email is chat based and groups my conversation by thread, group or people. Fast and reliable and best experience for the end user.

What do you dislike?

Not much to "dislike" about Hop. There are little things that could be improved on but the development team is responsive to suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret switching.

I love the speed of Hop Email. I am currently the only in my organization that is using it but I see that changing soon!

Hop Email review by Earnest V.
Earnest V.

"Hop Review"

What do you like best?

This app has been a game changer for me. In this day and age, email is just so dated, but hop makes it feel like a messenger interface.

What do you dislike?

I’d say the biggest dislike is the inability to label certain things and possibly contact integration.

The ability to send and receive email as if I am texting. Why is this so important, because email are just so archaic.

"Best Email client"

What do you like best?

The chatlike conversation view allows to much better keep track of email conversations, cutting out redundant recurring text like email signatures etc. thus offering a much improved user interface and enhanced productivity. I find it very hard to work with traditional email clients on my laptop after using hop on my mobile and cannot wait for the release of the desktop client

What do you dislike?

only available on mobile devices (though hopefully this is changing soon)

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a try, especially once a desktop version ist available

improved productivity through vastly better user interface compared to any other email client I have come across

Hop Email review by User in Higher Education

"Email is actually useful now"

What do you like best?

It strips email down into chat like bubbles, shown in order of most recent to least, so users can see conversations evolve over real-time. I can also set it up to keep my sent messages right in my Inbox. No longer do I have to remind myself to follow-up on an email I sent a week ago—it's all right there, and it's all organized in conversational bubbles.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to remove the "sent from Hop" badge on every message; their "Channels" feature only works if everyone is on Hop, something that's difficult when communicating with people from multiple agencies who have autonomy in choosing their email client.

Email is a necessary, yet oft misused tool. I'd dump it in a heartbeat, if I could, but I can't. Hop makes communication through email simple, painless, and painlessly organized.

Hop Email review by Roy J.
Roy J.

"Great tool for managing my cluttered inbox"

What do you like best?

Filtered inbox between priority and non priority messages. This saved my time from going through junk.

What do you dislike?

I would've loved to have a desktop version, but i believe it is in development so hopefully that will come soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the application a try. Hopefully desktop will leverage the offer

We have a problem communicating with our customers, so Hop allowed us to create a designated channel with all our users. This helped manage our communication between customers and collegues.

"Amazing Email APP "

What do you like best?

The fact that every mail turns into a conversation - no need to look for threads anymore now you can email chat with no problems both the desktop and the mobile version are really really great!!

What do you dislike?

Actually I really like this obviously there are some fine tuning but every release makes things even cooler :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you won't regret

Managing conversations with hundreds of clients the history automatically pops up and no need to search amymore your App knows how to help without even twirking it.

Hop Email review by User in Computer Software

"Love this app"

What do you like best?

How instant it is, that it clears up my inbox by grouping emails into people rather than threads, snoozing, gifs right in my messages!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Just waiting for all the features from mobile to be available on the desktop app, but I know they're all coming soon.

Too many emails in too many inboxes are now all together in one place. Didn't realize I needed a unified inbox til now.

I also spend far less time in my inbox than before.

Hop Email review by Stéphane D.
Stéphane D.

"Very good expérience "

What do you like best?

Mails sorted by senders are a good way to manage them

What do you dislike?

For the moment it’s not possible to apply labels to several mails at once

Push notification are very fast and encryption

Hop Email review by Adam m.
Adam m.

"It´s the best email app out there.."

What do you like best?

Fast and cuts through the noise, up to date interface that feels like a chat.

What do you dislike?

The only thin missing is OSX desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just install it and enjoy! Lightyears better than the competition.

Saves time and makes it easy to reach out to contacts.

Hop Email review by AmeerAbbas J.
AmeerAbbas J.

"Modernised email hassle free"

What do you like best?

Email that can be used as chat and encryption along with call feature.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much as Hop works hard on making everything better.

Team communication and log.

Learning about Hop Email?

* We monitor all Hop Email reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.