Host Analytics

Host Analytics

Host Analytics delivers the only complete suite of cloud corporate performance management (CPM)

Work for Host Analytics?

Learning about Host Analytics?

Host Analytics Reviews

Ask Host Analytics a Question
Showing 29 Host Analytics reviews
Host Analytics review by <span>Mary M.</span>
Mary M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Host took a lot of data and made it usable.

What do you like best?

Once set up, Host is easy to use. I have a large amount of product data that Host has helped me organize into something I can use in my business. I love how I can get several financial reports with the push of a button each month. It continues to make month end easier for me. Oh yeah, I use it for budgeting too. I originally got into Host for budgeting and it has been great for that, but I have found it great for many other things. I also love the way it can grow with me. As I use the software I realize there are more things I can do. Host customers for life team is always there to help me when I explore these possibilities.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to set up a report template. Once set it is good and there are no worries. I would like to feel like I understand how it all works better, but that is a time consuming endeavor. Thankfully there is always someone available at Host to help out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Host, it has been a great asset to me. Understand it is not something you can use without help from Host, but programs of this type often are not.

It help organize a lot of product data and made it usable. It made the budgeting process more organized and helped my monthly close become a more automated process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Host Analytics
Host Analytics review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

Host Analytics for Planning/Forecasting and Reporting

What do you like best?

I like the useability, our users easily adapted to the templates to enter plans and update forecasts. They loved the Excel look which made training easier. I also really like the reporting functionality, especially utilizing report collections and scheduling of jobs. We have reduced our time to prepare the monthly reporting greatly, and we now can push reports out to our users automatically which is a huge improvement.

The helpdesk, customer service is really good.

What do you dislike?

Not all the modules have the same reporting tools, and should. The functionality in the HR module and capital needs improvement, although it is still a huge improvement over our excel worksheets and calculations. There also seems to be a few to many steps to get to the end results, and you have to be sure to walk through the steps to ensure the correct results.

Huge savings in planning and reporting processes. Our managers update and input their own plans/forecast directly into host so it improves the accountability, they own their numbers. Our process is quicker and more flexible. It would take us weeks to add a new location in all of our excel spreadsheets, it is much quicker now using host. We use FPP for our reporting package and it cut the time for our monthly results package more than in half. 50% of our monthly package comes directly out of host, so easy to run and distribute. So much less maintenance required.

What Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution do you use?

Host Analytics review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

Host has been a fantastic upgrade of our budgeting and reporting software.

What do you like best?

Host has been much easier to use, has more flexibility, and we are constantly trying to build on our current knowledge and use Host to streamline our monthly activities as much as possible. We use Host for reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. We are implementing Spotlight within the next 6 months and we're excited that ad hoc reporting will be a lot quicker.

What do you dislike?

At times, I wish Host would run a tad faster. I also wish that the workforce reporting was a bit more robust and was able to report on actuals so we can create actual vs. budget reports.

Host has decreased the time it takes to do our monthly reporting package. We love the drill down feature as well, this enables the department managers to be more independent by being able to pull this information themselves.

Host Analytics review by <span>Victoria B.</span>
Victoria B.

Host Analytics User Review

What do you like best?

We like that we now have the ability to store all of our financial data and reports in a cloud based application. Anyone who needs to view the data and/or reports can easily access the information at any time.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, our team has experienced the Host application running fairly slow, however Host now gives us the ability to use the application in Chrome, so the speed has improved quite a bit since we switched over from Internet Explorer. We do still experience some slowness around year end, though.

Storing all of our data in one cloud based database as opposed to a huge excel workbook with many, many spreadsheets. We are able to consolidate our financials must faster than before using Host Analytics.

Host Analytics review by <span>Lee J.</span>
Lee J.

A Partnership. Not Just Another Software Vendor

What do you like best?

After completing a very thorough vendor review process, I ultimately decided on Host because I believed in their partnership philosophy. I felt that several applications could have met my company's business needs but they would have been just another vendor. Host Analytics provided me with confidence that if I partnered with them, I would not fail in this endeavor. What I like best about Host Analytics is that they, along with my implementation partner, Bright Point Consulting, have met or exceeded every expectation I had in this regard. Both companies continue to offer unparalleled support. True partners indeed.

What do you dislike?

Host was originally constructed for Internet Explorer (as opposed to Chrome, IOS, etc.) and is continuously working toward becoming "browser agnostic". Some of the functionality does not translate across all browsers currently and as someone who prefers to use Chrome for everything, this can be frustrating at times. With that said, each new release offers improvements so I'm confident that the issue will be unnoticeable in the very near future (within the next 6 months based on my understanding).

Host Analytics has dramatically reduced the time it takes to produce a forecast. Before we implemented HA, we struggled to complete a single mid-year forecast each year that was already outdated by the time it was published. We are now completing quarterly forecasts and higher level monthly "flashcasts". By 2017 we will be on a monthly rolling forecast schedule.

Host Analytics review by <span>Rick O.</span>
Rick O.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Host Analytics has given our forecasting process a boost.....and more!

What do you like best?

We initially purchased the product for forecasting but it covers a lot of bases for us now: Forecasting , Budgeting, Workforce Planning, Management Reporting, Constant Currency Reporting. We have found it to be a robust system that we in Finance can easily maintain. This has given us great flexibility in configuring the software to meet our needs without incurring a lot of costs from our outsourced IT partners. It is very easy to train new users since it has the look and feel of Excel but with loads more capability. The fact that cloud updates flow through seamlessly is an added plus.

What do you dislike?

We would like even out the use of this product through the year. Right now, we tend to use it at month end for reporting out our close, quarterly for forecasts and annually for budgets. We'd like to get our data loaded in automatically so that we can start to use this as a tool throughout the month to analyze our data. This is feasible but we just need to find the time and resources to auomate our loads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very much worth more than just a consideration. Very cost effective product and can be supported within Finance without IT. This was a huge plus for our company.

We initially needed a product to help us with our quarterly 18 month rolling forecasts. It has been a godsend to our forecasting process. We've shortened the process and increased the amount of time available to analyze results as opposed to building the forecast. It has done the same for our annual budget exercise. We've also been able to add comprehensive workforce planning to both our forecast and our budget at a level of detail that had not been previously possible. Reorganizations and changes are significantly easier now. We've also seen a benefit from improved management reporting. We can finally report actual, budget and forecast from a single source. Very pleased with the product.

Learn more about Host Analytics

Host Analytics Videos

Learning about Host Analytics?

* We monitor all Host Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.