HostGator

3.5

HostGator has all the tools you need to create a beautiful website, portfolio, or online store. Our drag-and-drop website builder and mobile-friendly templates make it easy to create a great-looking website fast. With 24/7/365 live expert support, there's always someone to help you when you need a hand. Take your website from dream to reality with affordable shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated web hosting from HostGator.

Work for HostGator?

Learning about HostGator?

HostGator Reviews

Ask HostGator a Question
Showing 76 HostGator reviews
HostGator review by Ashish K.
Ashish K.

"Good Hosting Provider!"

What do you like best?

Hostgator provides different plans for domain and shared webhosting which is quite good as you can pick based on your need. we are using their "Business" plan as it provides us unlimited website and unlimited space to serve our large number of clients. They too have domain service which is good but i fell costly. Their email service and SMTP servers are good to work on.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is an issue for me as i think it is slightly overpriced that go daddy and bluehost. Rest all i feel is good to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a very good customer support and it really helps if you are new to the tool and website. I suggest everyone to try hostgator awesome service.

We as a team work on various websites so we need to host multiple websites inexpensively and simply. Our clients usually ask for unlimited email accounts for their team members which we can get easily from Hostagtor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HostGator
HostGator review by Dheeraj M.
Dheeraj M.

"Best Web Hosting Provider in the Market"

What do you like best?

We have a Online coaching website which we are hosting on HostGator. Their customer experience is too

good and they provide immediate and effective resoltuion to query. Their hosting plans are also cheap. They also provide domain service and SSL Service. Their speed of the servers are too good and website loads in less time compare to other service providers. They provide 5 free email accounts for every domain pruchased/.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they have a downtime which lasts longer than usual and your site is down. Purchasing and renew of the domains is costly. Other than these two things I don't find anything unusual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their service and you won't be disappointed, you may face some issue in the uptime other than all worked good for us.

We are using their service to host our website with a 3-year plan. Their service is good and it works really well for us. sometimes our shared web servers works really slow and that disappoints us but other than that all are good.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

HostGator review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"Easy Web Hosting"

What do you like best?

We have several of our websites hosted with HostGator and have had very few problems. We have only had issues once or twice over the past several years were able to resolve them quickly and painlessly. The program is very user friendly, especially for someone who does not need to access it very often.

What do you dislike?

We may be taking on a bit much trying to handle this on our own. If you are not savvy to the world of web hosting, it can be a bit confusing at first and there are a lot of settings you can "break" your website with if you aren't careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend HostGator to others, for a fair price, you have access to everything you need to control your website. We have several websites and are able to have them grouped together to renew at the same time which is much easier than keeping track of them all separately.

We like having our hosting with a different company than where our domains are registered. Even if our website is ever hacked, our domain should be safe.

HostGator review by Sinari D.
Sinari D.

"Good, affordable web hosting"

What do you like best?

I love that I can host ALL my websites in one place without paying an arm and a leg. They have many affordable tiers, with options to pay yearly or monthly. We use the shared hosting which allows us to have unlimited domains (many other companies limit you to just a couple) and so we can host all our websites under one account. We switched to them from Lunarpages years ago partially because of their excellent customer service and partially because of their security features (one of our websites was hacked and they were able to clean it up for us without charging an extra fee, which Lunarpages wouldn't do).

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything really. We have been happy with Hostgator since we switched to them years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any questions get on their online customer service chat. They are very helpful and will answer all your questions quickly.

I am able to host multiple websites inexpensively and simply. Everything is under one roof, so to speak. Having unlimited domains means I can add more websites as I need to. I also have unlimited email addresses, so I can create email addresses for everyone in my group under any (or all!) of my domain names.

HostGator review by Adrian S.
Adrian S.

"Above average"

What do you like best?

i used hostgator shared hosting because they were popular and many people recommended them. i have to say its better than most of the hosting companies out there. the speed of the servers are great and website load pretty quickly. the pricing is also moderate and they even offer a one cent trial with which you can host your website for a whole month, a great chance for those who want to try their service. the billing is also great and pretty straight forward. the suite which can be easily setup with the domain was really useful and cheaper from many competitors in the market.

What do you dislike?

email spam is huge and i used to get many promotional mail's from them which is kind of irritating. the pricing is moderate but you can find similar services offer for way cheaper. sometimes the support takes a lot of time to respond and just put you hold. once i got my website hacked and there was nothing left, no notifications or anything.another massive problem is faced was with the email system which stopped receiving emails suddenly and was really frustrating. the interface is really confusing until you get used to it. additional domain registrations are costly and you can get them for way cheaper in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when coming to shared hosting this is one of the most popular options out there. the servers are average and prices are moderate. i highly recommend you to take the free trial before making payment.

host websites and manage them. the servers are fast but isn't the cheapest service in the market. if you want to register more domains go elsewhere.

HostGator review by Brent R.
Brent R.

"Inexpensive hosting option for a small business or non-technical person"

What do you like best?

The low price for shared hosting makes HostGator an attractive option for businesses or individuals that are looking to host a simple website and private email server. Considering the price, uptime is decent, customer service is acceptable, and cPanel access makes it relatively easy to configure everything you need without the expense of hiring a systems administrator.

What do you dislike?

Customers that want to deploy more sophisticated backend operations will be sorely disappointed by the limitations placed on shared hosting and reseller hosting plans. Uptime is often spotty, with websites experiencing long load times or even going down for several minutes to hours at a time, so if you are running any kind of e-commerce site, you would be wise to look elsewhere. Their dedicated server options are much better, but then for the price of those, there are better options with other providers. Security measures on the servers are somewhat dated and leave a lot to be desired, which is becoming more important every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh your needs vs budget carefully before proceeding. Remember the saying, "you get what you pay for," holds true with web hosting, too. You can't beat the price, but consider moving to a more suitable option as your needs grow.

As a reseller, I can deploy a user account almost instantly and set up everything a customer might need with a few clicks of the mouse. When I started out as a web designer, it worked well enough as an economical option. I still have several legacy accounts with them that I haven't migrated to other servers yet.

HostGator review by Richard W.
Richard W.

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

support, the support provided by Hostgator is of superior quality, not just the response time but also the quality and technical knowledge of customer service is really great. Cpanel of Hostgator is pretty good., it got a lot of features and easy to navigate through. another great thing about the specifications provided by them, from Storage to email addresses, everything is unlimited so you don't have the worry about running out of allowed quota. the pricing is also pretty special, it's not the cheapest but is well within the affordable budget of an average user. also, they offer a 1 cent trial to check out their service for a period of one month and gives the users a chance to test them before actually buying the service. all hosting plans also come with a free domain which I found nothing new but really helpful as you don't have to pay extra for the domain.

What do you dislike?

purchasing of additional domains is really expensive when it comes to Hostgator even when they provide a free domain along with hosting plan. the shared servers are not really great, comparatively the speed provided by the Hostgator for shared servers is not up to the level offered by other competitors in the market. the user interface and billing can be a bit confusing to an average user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its one of the best, give them a go.

Web Hosting and domain registration

HostGator review by Steve  M.
Steve M.

"the Best Webhosting"

What do you like best?

HostGator is probably the best web hosting out there, i started out using them a few months ago and never felt much trouble while using them. the servers are really fast with many locations which makes your site load faster. the pricing is comparatively cheap for such great performance, they even give you a trial to check out their server for a month for just a penny. the storage and bandwidth are unlimited so you don't have to worry about them at all.the user interface and control panel are so simple and easy to navigate through. they offer great uptime that my website never went down a single second while hosting with them. the support is really great that and usually responds within minutes to your queries.they also offer free domain registration while hosting with them.

What do you dislike?

the pricing for domains is little high that you cant go with them for purchasing an additional domain. the default wp configs are set to be minimum that you cant take advantage of the servers, it can be hard for an average user to change those setting to get maximum out of their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its the best out there, go for it.

Web Hosting and domain registration.

HostGator review by Nicholas K.
Nicholas K.

"There Are Better Hosting Websites Available"

What do you like best?

I am a very unbiased reviewer, so this review comes straight from my experience. There is really not a lot that I enjoy about HostGator. Really the only thing that I enjoy about using HostGator is that the hosting itself is fairly reliable, but even that is still spotty. See dislike section for the majority of my review.

What do you dislike?

While HostGator is cheap, remember that you get what you pay for. Like I said before, the hosting itself is fairly reliable, but even that is still spotty. My server has been breached many times while with HsotGator, I constantly receive spam email through their "secure servers," the up/downtime on website hosting is spotty at times. Most of the time the websites are live, but when they go down - expect them to be down for a couple hours.

Now, let's get to the customer service. This is one company that I will never want to deal with their customer service ever again. Their online chat is awful, the representatives do not seem to be very knowledgable about what services they offer (or how to fix issues.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this company to anyone. While the hosting is not awful, the customer service is not good at all. I have much more frustration with this company than any other hosting website I've used in the past.

Nothing, the only thing we figured out is how to transfer domains away from HostGator.

HostGator review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"A good middle of the pack web host for start ups / small business. "

What do you like best?

A "one-stop-shop" for web presence for my start up / small business. Was able to find: hosting, domain register, and design all in one place. They also have more solutions that I have not (or not yet) used. Cost is very competitive.

What do you dislike?

Not the easiest implementation. I'm fairly computer literate and there was still some times I had to scratch my head about what they are meaning. Those with less experience could find it off putting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As much as HostGator (and all web hosts say) say that it is turn key, give it some time. If you're not experienced with computers or frustrated easily, consider paying for a website to be designed. Otherwise, set aside some time to make it work.

Solves the problem of having a professional web presence. I have realized that web presence is of paramount importance even for the small business. Hostgator has allowed that to be fulfilled with a reasonable amount of effort.

HostGator review by Omar L.
Omar L.

"A reliable and inexpensive hosting provider"

What do you like best?

What´s really exciting about hostgator is that it´s really reliable when it comes to Uptime, and it´s really cheap compared to other hosting providers (and even cheaper if you look for discount coupons on the internet). I really enjoy how easy it is to connect your domain name with hostgator inside the hostgator panel, and I also love its one.click installation feature, that allows you to install wordpress websites in a couple minutes, with only a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like that sometimes hostgator workers can be rude and unknoledgeable; and also, they charge a lot for giving you backups for your own websites! What I mean is, if your website is light and has no much information, then you´re ok with hostgator, but if you have a big website with tons of information, you´d better hire a third party back-up service, because if something is messed up, Hostgator will charge you for re-installing your own files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you´re looking for a cheap and reliable service, and you don´t mind putting up with really stupid hostgator workers that can´t solve many issues, then I´d say go for it. However, if you´re looking an amazing customer service, then find another hosting solution.

Hostgator helps me host my website so that everyone can get to know me, and see the services, information and knowledge I have to share with the world. I can say that hostgator does most of the heavy duty job so that I only have to worry about designing and adding content to my website, and this is a great help for home enterpreneurs like me.

HostGator review by Dominic C.
Dominic C.

"The worst tech support I have ever seen. "

What do you like best?

HostGator is fairly cheap and has good uptime.

What do you dislike?

With HostGator we had one technical problem after another. Even very basic things like migrating a small website or setting up SSL caused a tear-your-hair-out level of frustration. In the last three months, I've spent at least 15 hours dealing with their tech support and most of that time is spent trying to clear up the contradictory answers I get from different people in different departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HostGator seems appealing on paper, but you're better off just staying away. What you save in monthly fees will never make up for the amount of time you have to spend dealing with even simple technical issues.

We build and manage websites for clients. I've used many different hosts and HostGator would rank at the very bottom of that list. We had numerous technical problems that ultimately delayed a project by nearly a month and required a huge effort from the team to try to get HostGator Support to fix it. But Support seemed to be just guessing most of the time and we eventually gave up and built a workaround that was good enough.

HostGator review by Val G.
Val G.

"A solid web hosting company with decent prices"

What do you like best?

HostGator's page loading speeds tend to be pretty good compared to other big name web hosting companies. I like that HostGator provides a full range of services, like domain registration, email hosting and website hosting. They offer a wide variety of tools that give us great control over our web assets. We can easily manage our own DNS records and add new email addresses and web software through HostGator's control panel.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about a service that is generally straightforward, but if I had to pick something to dislike, I'd say that HostGator isn't as flexible and fast as some of the newer up-and-coming web hosts like SiteGround. From my experience so far, HostGator doesn't run WordPress installs as efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to sign up with a web host and domain registrar that is simple and helpful to work with, then HostGator is a great choice. There are countless web hosts and domain registrars out there nowadays, so I think value needs to be given to HostGator for being around so long and maintaining a reputation as one of the better big-name hosting companies.

HostGator has given us a reliable platform for domain registration and web hosting. We don't only host full websites, we also host single web pages. The uptime is usually very good and support team has been very responsive whenever issues arise. They've basically served as our own staff members.

HostGator review by Martin C.
Martin C.

"An established web host with good prices"

What do you like best?

I like that HostGator has been in business for many years and offers a wide range of domain and web hosting services. I sometimes get low price offers from newer companies, but I tend to stick with HostGator for our main hosting needs since they've been reliable. Their account features are straightforward and easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

When tested, the loading times for some HostGator pages are not always as fast as some web pages we host at other companies. It can sometimes be difficult to make account updates to various software versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since HostGator might not have all the latest server side software, you might want to check to see what versions you require before signing up with them.

HostGator has been a solid provider of web hosting for many of our media assets. We host websites, landing pages and various testing apps for analysis purposes. We haven't experienced any major downtime or other negative account issues.

HostGator review by Tom O.
Tom O.

"Host Gator - No Hastles & Great Performance"

What do you like best?

The support group at Host Gator is second to none. As a developer I have yet to have a question go un-answered by their support personnel. I love the CPANEL as well as the easy access to UNIX command line via secure shell.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to the number of emails you can send per hour. However if you are not sending 1000's of emails per hour then the limit is quite acceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for developers and users alike. Very high reliability and friendly support staff. Blows the others away.

I build many websites as well as IOS/Android Apps that require many UNIX services as well as access to the site via telnet. Also require unlimited disk space.

HostGator review by Jayce M.
Jayce M.

"A reliable host for basic websites"

What do you like best?

HostGator is user-friendly and has relatively straightforward instructions for setting things up. We can quickly add a domain from a third-party domain registrar to use with our HostGator hosting account. The customer service was easy to get a hold of and helped to walk us through a few things we couldn't figure out. I especially like that HostGator gives us simple tools to manage several features in our hosting account, like email accounts and file transfers.

What do you dislike?

Though I like HostGator overall, the web page loading times are typically a bit slower than web pages we host elsewhere. We we ask customer support about this, they generally suggest we try to better optimize our web pages or upgrade to a different web hosting plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple web host that has solid customer support for basic issues, then HostGator is a great choice. If you want a host with more advanced capabilities, then you should consider other web hosts.

We're able to host websites and landing pages that have loaded pretty reliably for our visitors. We host relatively simple web pages in our HostGator account and haven't experienced many technical problems. We have gotten many great sales leads through our web pages on HostGator.

HostGator review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Standard cpanel hosting"

What do you like best?

Host Gator is a fairly large and well known hosting company utilizing cPanel. The interface is easy to use and it is simple to create additional websites using the stored scripts. There is many open source software projects you can install in your domain and non-technical users would be able to understand how to login to the correct path once the software is installed.

What do you dislike?

After the initial purchase your hosting fees do increase and you are now paying 100+ annually as long as you want to retain your domain and website not go down. The site will also charge your credit card automatically, though I guess this is preferred to your website going down if you don't remember to renew.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the longest term offer initially when the hosting is on sale.

Corporate website, communications are published on this website for stakeholders. We use WordPress just to public documents, program changes, program updates and advisories, which all need to be updated periodically. There was a scenario prior to me starting to work at this company where the responsive part of the website had gotten hacked and porn pictures were uploaded to our webpage. The previous employee was able to get it resolved with help from HostGator support fairly quickly (this was prior to me starting) and she added the sitelock product to our site and applied updates the website.

I also use HostGator for my own personal domain but have not been using it recently and just renewing every year for my domain.

HostGator review by Anatoly R.
Anatoly R.

"Hostgator was my first hosting company and now this is a big player in the web hosting industry"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, easy to upgrade to high hosting plan if you reach limitation of current. Great uptime. You can find everything here for example popular content management systems like WordPress.

What do you dislike?

After compamy was sold, I experienced abig problem with a support, especially entry level. Need to wait aprox 20 mins to chat. ticket system is awfull. I never got a notification about my ticket is processed or needs my attention. HG rise prices without prior notice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good uptime and easy to manage of WHM and CPanel. Fast upgrade of current hosting plan to next level when you really need it. You can pay upfront and get discount -50% if you pay for 3 year ahead.

I can use VPS server hosting plan and quickly upgrade it when my website reach limits, so I never experience service interraption in that manner.

HostGator review by Michele G.
Michele G.

"Okay Hosting - Terrible Customer Service"

What do you like best?

They are affordable for anyone starting a website. They use well-known tools like cPanel so it's easy to manage your website with whatever platform you use to update it.

What do you dislike?

Their billing portal is confusing. They do not make it easy to contact them, especially if you are wanting to downgrade or cancel your services. They put you in an endless wait cycle and suddenly the chat person is no longer available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their customer service has gone down hill majorly in the past few years. Until they fix this, I'd say stay away from them.

I recently contacted them as they billed early for a hosting plan I wanted to cancel but couldn't find an easy way to cancel it. I finally reached someone and they told me I must be new to web hosting..though I had signed up in 2006...they also told me they want me to keep my account and didn't cancel it. I had to go though another person there on a long wait cycle of their "support chat" who did, finally cancel the plan.

HostGator is okay for small websites that require no customer service at all. I have realized having support with hosting is just as important as having a fair price. With HostGator its cheap, you really do get what you pay for.

HostGator review by Jannelle J.
Jannelle J.

"Good for beginners"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and good access to support through chat. There are also a lot of videos guides on YouTube.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve if you are new to using technology and building website. You may not have the correct verbiage to explain a problem to a chat agent. There is usually a long wait time if you need to call, but the chat is a lot faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upload tutorials and train staff on how to assist beginners better. Continue to have good customer service. Maybe offer a course that people can buy the walks you through and how to get the most out host gator. don't always recommend products if the customers can fix a problem themselves.

Easy place to host sites . I can buy my domains and host all under one umbrella and I don't have to transfer domains.

HostGator review by Kerryann L M.
Kerryann L M.

"Have your website go live through HostGator"

What do you like best?

I would have to say being able to get hosting for a website with ease. Create a business email account with no problem. The fees are very reasonable and affordable. If you have a problem you can contact Customer Service and get answers to your questions in minutes. You can even choose if you want to add security measures to your hosting account for that website. Your choice.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really am very happy with Hostgator. Great software to have when looking to get you website up and live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even as a first user you will find HostGator extremely easy to navigate through. If you have any problems Customer Service/Support is right there to assist.

I had an issue with my site not uploading and I was able to contact Technical support and get the problem fixed without any hassle. Within minutes the site was up and running and no more issues occurred.

HostGator review by Caressa O.
Caressa O.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that anyone can use this to set up a website and manage the backend c panel. We use the weebly plugin for our website and this makes it super easy.

What do you dislike?

The support. The support is not great. We have t wait a long time, a few days in fact, to get in touch with a technical support person. Also when you want t reset your password, like we have had to do in the past, you do not get a reset link immediately. It takes a couple of hours to get through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good and easy to use. But now we are considering changing to wordpress and another domain hosting platform because of support issues.

Anyone edit and maintain the website and other backend features. It is fairly simply to use and you do not require technical expertise. Our biggest problem was our tech person being free to deal with technical issues. Since we are a small staff, we do not have the funds to have a dedicated tech person. With hostgator anyone can update and edit content.

HostGator review by Ayd A.
Ayd A.

"Hosting the mostly will fit your pocket and requirements! "

What do you like best?

- Relatively cheap prices for their shared hosting plans comparing to other similar services.

- Unlimited of everything ( unlimited Bandwidth, Disk Space, Sub Domains, FTP Accounts, MySQL Databases, and Emails)

- Their promotion codes and huge discounts for the first timers.

- They are providing you with cPanel to manage your hosting, which is a huge add-on over some other similar services who use Plesk or their own developed panel.

- Their good customer service and up-times! (During my experience with them over a span of five years i never faced a single outage).

- Quick installer for the commonly used CMS and platforms that saves you big time going through complications of such installations.

- Clean Energy Powered!

What do you dislike?

- Technical support need improvement , you normally wait in line for relatively long time before you get an assigned an agent to address your issue.

- Their website and domain management platform has many bugs here and there, it needs some work to mitigate such imperfections.

- I really hate that the promotions and discounts are always for first timers and nothing for their current or loyal customers!

- Their servers do suffer from relatively large TTFB due to the diversity of good and bad codes over the shared web-hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable, affordable, open hosting company for your WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Email System, Custom PHP website – you’ll do well with HostGator.

HostGator review by Odette B.
Odette B.

"A great place to get started"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is laid out for me. I am not a designer and never created a website in my life, by just following a youtube tutorial and with Hostgator's user-friendly interface, I was able to knock out my first website in a few hours.

If all that wasn't enough. Their support team is ALWAYS available, like all the time. No question was too silly for them. Like I said, I am a web design virgin, so they were very helpful the three times I had to reach out to them.

What do you dislike?

I just started using host gator a few days ago, right now I am very happy and haven't found a reason to complain yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop looking around and stick with HostGator. The control panel is easy to use and a novice like myself was able to register domain and sort out hosting in a few minutes with no hassle.

If there is something you don't understand, their omnipresent support staff will assist you.

I got the grand idea in my head that I needed to build my own website for my business as well as offer Wordpress updates to my clients. The free tutorial I used guided me to HostGator for Webhosting and domain registration.

HostGator review by User

"A great domain registrar and web hosting provider with good pricing"

What do you like best?

I like that HostGator offers a full range of web-related services that allows our company to register a domain (with or without privacy), have an ample amount of web server space, and email accounts that are reliable with extensive settings options. The pricing for most HostGator products are generally competitive and can often be discounted using promotional codes found online or through emailed newsletters. The support staff at HostGator has been very helpful at following through on service issues and allowing us to provide feedback on their support.

What do you dislike?

I find some of the HostGator account options a bit difficult to work with. Updating certain items in the DNS settings can be a bit complicated to understand. The repercussions of setting things wrong can mean extensive website or email downtime. The support team has been helpful for fixing things, but I wish some of the DNS and hosting account processes could be more straightforward for the average user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend HostGator for all standard web services like website hosting, domain registration and email accounts. If you need something that is more database intensive, you might want to consider a hosting provider and/or plan that specializes in the particular web platform you need. HostGator seems more ideal for small businesses with mostly informational websites that don't involve lots of dynamic programming features.

HostGator has been a solid and reliable place for us to host many web-related business materials such as websites, single promotional pages, web forms and documents that we link to from third-party platforms like social media, collaboration software and message boards. We were able to acquire our HostGator services for very reasonable prices, which I think makes their services among the most valuable we have in our business.

HostGator review by User

"A good web host and domain registrar with low prices"

What do you like best?

I like that HostGator provides a wide array of services that can fulfill most of the web-related needs that smaller businesses have nowadays. They offer quality shared hosting plans, email accounts and domain names for pretty competitive prices. When I had problems changing some settings in my account, HostGator was able to quickly guide me in the right direction to get things set up properly. Both their email and phone support is adequately responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some pages that we run, especially those that have lots of different dynamic coding elements, tend to run slow. Though caching plugins can help with loading times, there are certain pages that run slowly regardless. Though HostGator is generally helpful overall, they haven't always been helpful when it comes to this particular performance issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though you might be able to find lower prices out there, HostGator is a good choice since they're a larger web services company with a relatively large support team. They have been in business for a while and are a trusted company in the web hosting and domain registration space. Unlike some other small providers, I am very confident that HostGator will be around to keep your services running after many years. Having a newer and smaller company go out of business is a real danger to you losing your services. If you plan to run a website through a content management system, you should install a caching plugin to help load your pages faster.

We have been able to use HostGator for a wide range of marketing efforts. We can host web pages with products and service details, host email and register domain names. We sometimes use specialized domain names that are tailored towards the content of a landing page. This makes it easier to find and remember by users. HostGator has given our websites very good uptime, which allows leads and customers to maintain continual access to our business information.

HostGator review by User

"A solid web host and domain registrar with great service offerings"

What do you like best?

I think HostGator offers a good variety of web services, like business email, website hosting and domain registration, for very reasonable prices. Their website design is easy to navigate and search for services and domain names. I like that there are many deals out there with coupon codes, so every so often we can search and find good deals to use for new domains and hosting plans. The control panel in HostGator gives us all the access we need to manage and maintain all of our services. We can easily change DNS settings for domains and add new email addresses to our hosting account.

What do you dislike?

Like other leading web hosts that have been around for a while, HostGator standard shared hosting plans tend to load pages slow - especially pages generated from CMS platforms like WordPress. Also, though the pricing is generally pretty good, it's not the cheapest out there, so if you're really looking to manage your budget, HostGator might not be the ideal choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend HostGator to smaller businesses that don't have very intricate programming or heavy traffic needs. You can probably find better pricing out there, but HostGator is generally great when it comes to customer support, which you might not get with lower priced plans from other companies.

HostGator has been a solid partner for hosting many of our web assets, like websites, landing pages and email. We can count on them to respond quickly to services requests or help walk us through technical issues we may be experiencing. HostGator has given us good uptime, so our customers and leads can almost always access our web assets successfully.

HostGator review by User

"A reliable domain registrar and web host with good prices"

What do you like best?

I like that HostGator offers a wide variety of web-related services with reasonable pricing. Signing up for standard services like domain name registration, web hosting and email is very easy. The instructions are clear and there are very rarely any technical issues experienced. HG's technical support is highly responsive and knowledgeable. They don't try to upsell as much as some other web hosting companies I've worked with in the past.

What do you dislike?

I think HostGator is mainly suited for small businesses with basic web hosting needs and not very suitable for more complex web implementations. You can install common website CMS applications like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, but doing more customized backend programming can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though HostGator's prices are generally reasonable, you should be on the lookout for the many coupon codes and deals HG regularly offers. You can find coupon codes within their website or on third-party coupon sites. Try not to be too discouraged by expired coupons. You'll likely come across valid coupon codes if you dig around long enough.

HostGator has been a solid platform for hosting websites, landing pages, email and adding redirect links to third-party web assets. We can create many branded marketing materials that our customers and leads can easily access. Most of the services we use through HG are well within our budget, so they really help us to establish a robust web presence for a relatively low cost.

HostGator review by Louisa N.
Louisa N.

"Absolutely Worst Hosting Service Ever Used"

What do you like best?

The price is the only reason anyone would sign up for service here. If price is the main consideration, you have many other options for your website that are better than HostGator. Any option is better, literally, any option is better. It does not matter which tier of plan you are on, it is a horrible, horrible service that I was unlucky to have had to manage in two different occasions, both of which ended up in switching hosting providers.

What do you dislike?

Their servers fail all the time for no reason and IT has no idea what's wrong in any bad situation. Their email hosting fails to receive and deliver email and you have no idea how bad the problem is. The hosting is slow. The customer service is ridiculous, it takes many calls to escalate an issue to a person with a pulse and maybe the knowledge on how to fix the issue. I have been in many situations with hosting with HostGator where our company had to send notices to our clients on MANY occasions when their websites would no longer load because of HostGator's service. It was pretty bad, at least once a month. This has got to be the worst hosting service provider in the world. I have nothing to like about the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use them, ever, period.

I used HostGator for many purposes and it did not even meet expectations. The service provided more problems than solved.

HostGator review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Worst hosting: no support, incompetent agent, limited resources, they will kill your site & business"

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like, this is by far the worst service ever

What do you dislike?

Everything about hostgator. I purchased a 3 year hosting from them and what a big mistake. The few times ive contacted support theyve responded with stupid solutions like refresh your browser. Pretty much every time they also say we will fix the issue asap then they kill the site. They insert bad code into the htc access file and then i have to hire a developer to delete all the malware they've inserted into my site. Then they say wait maam i am googling the issue. Seriously.

I was trying to build my business, which they then effectively destroyed

HostGator review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"Good Inexpensive Shared Hosting, Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

Prices are very hard to beat for what you get with their shared hosting plans - cPanel and everything that typically comes along with it, and support when you need it.

What do you dislike?

Their support could very often use improvement. Hold times are usually pretty long, and when you do get someone, there are many situations that you have to push hard to get resolved.

Their VPS services do not seem up to snuff. Have seen a good number of issues there, and you don't get as much access as with other hosts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider:

What level of hosting is right for you - will shared hosting fit your needs?

How much support will you need? If you expect to need help often, I would consider a different host.

Getting hosting set up quickly and inexpensively for small to medium sites that do not need a full VPS.

HostGator review by Bobby S.
Bobby S.

"HostGator Meets My Webhosting Needs"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, cost of setup, and the level of support make HostGator a no-brainer.

What do you dislike?

The WHM software could be a little more intuitive to use. But that's really my only critique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It's my go-to for web hosting!

The ability to host sites for myself and clients. The benefits are having an online presence to represent yourself or business to the world.

HostGator review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"HostGator still offers unmatched service and support in their segment!"

What do you like best?

I've been running various websites online, both large and small, for well over decade. During that time, HostGator has always been my "go to" web host. I'm a user of their shared hosting, which I feel offers a great set of features and functionality in its market segment. What has always set HostGator apart from other hosts I've used or had experience with during that same time, is their support. HostGator has knowledgeable and fast on-shore, human support when you need it. The online knowledge base is comprehensive enough that it often avoids my need to contact human support entirely, but when I do need them, they're very knowledgable and helpful. The shared hosting marketplace is littered with hosts, all of which offer very similar pricing and features, but from personal experience with many of those hosts, none of them have ever been able to match the support quality from HostGator.

Service reliability is also something that has kept me at HostGator. Over nearly a decade of using them, I can only think of a few very minor interruptions to my site(s), most of which were scheduled and announced maintenance overnight. Never has my business or operations been interrupted by HostGator's service.

What do you dislike?

They recently increased their pricing, which is something a lot of their competitors didn't do in the marketplace. I worry a lot of penny pinching customers will start to jump ship to lesser quality hosts as a result of this, and it could help HostGator lose the edge they've always had in this segment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply put: their support quality and uptime is worth every penny and sets them apart from a lot of other shared hosting providers in the marketplace.

Rock solid shared web hosting has allowed me to have a consistent and uninterrupted online presence in both my personal and business lives.

HostGator review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"Fits where I need it to."

What do you like best?

I really like what I feel is the simplicity of it all as well as the low cost. As others have said, you do get what you pay for so if you're looking for a host with more features, odds are you'll be paying more. I don't have any complaints as far as working with their customer support and using CPanel.

What do you dislike?

For my basic uses, I don't have anything I truly dislike about Host Gator's service.

Host Gator takes care of hosting my website as well as my business email. This has helped me solve my problem of not having an online presence as well as having my own company email. It has benefitted me by putting my company online and making it much easier for potential clients to gain access to my contact information as well as view previous projects I have worked on and gain additional insight on my business.

HostGator review by Henry P.
Henry P.

"Great When it's cheap for the first year, not so great after that. "

What do you like best?

It was really easy to sign up for the service and upload my website after getting all of the ftp information. Their homepage is colorful...That was about it.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I was baited and switched. My first year of service was really inexpensive and then after that the price went up significantly. The customer portal is also REALLY difficult to locate on the homepage since most of the real estate is dedicated to selling you more web service. The user portal is also a little tougher to navigate vs their competitors. Finally, they spam the hell out of you about your account expiring ( even after I switched to another service I was getting spam for the next 3 months) It was also really difficult to set up a database for some reason. Their DNS management was also a little more tricky to navigate compared to their competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using another provider even if they have a really cheap deal going on.

HostGator review by Jack K.
Jack K.

"Once-great giant crippled by downtime and upselling"

What do you like best?

UI and administration interface within cPanel is clear and contain great options for email administration, backup generation, up-to-date manipulation of databases and custom DNS settings, and more. Customization of email quotas, redirects, and similar settings are simple and easy to find. General administration is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The two biggest issues easily overshadow all the quality in the product - downtime and upselling. Since HostGator's acquisition by EIG, they have gone with a company with nearly 100% uptime (by my records) to having issues at least once every few weeks, ranging from hour-long-plus downtime to transient dips for minutes. It's frustrating that tickets following up or requesting cause information go unheeded or unresponded to. Upselling is almost as large of an issue in terms of annoyance - despite my already paying them, each time I log in to the billing or cPanel client I'm bombarded for ads for services I neither want nor need, intent on upselling me on services that are clearly not applicable to my site - it's extremely frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay. Away. Go for any of the other smaller and higher quality shops for shared hosting, and use a real VPS solution for anything else.

HostGator review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Learning still in progress"

What do you like best?

Apparently anyone can use it. I am not at all tech savvy so have hired someone to teach me this week.

What do you dislike?

I chatted with someone for the migration of my old site and it was a waste of time. After almost an hour the person asked me a question which he should have known had he listened to my original question. Granted it was 5 am in Europe, perhaps they have beginners working at that time. I hadn't tried to chat with anyone since.

I can now change the content on my website when I want and the hosting cost was less expensive than my previous host.

HostGator review by User

"Great Quality, Affordable hosting"

What do you like best?

What I like best About Host Gator is the fact that it's basically an all in one hosting company. I can create a domain, build the website with the website build, AND host it. This makes it extremely convenient for me! Also always have a grat experience with customer support.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about HostGator is when the price starts going up. I like to do business and not spend too much. If you don't catch a deal hosting or creating a website with them can be on the expensive side, which might shock most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend if you're using HostGator is look around for a coupon because the only bad thing I could say is the price can get a little high. Other than that I would recommend this company to everyone and anyone that is looking to make a new website for whatever reason.

The business problems I am solving is being able to create my site and host it with the same company. I don't have to log into any another site or transfer anything. One bill, one business to work with. I get my domain name, build the site, and host it in one place. The convenience is great.

HostGator review by Autumn C S.
Autumn C S.

"Acceptable, except when it isn't"

What do you like best?

Host Gator is very similar to all the other web hosting companies. The support is decent. The hosting dashboards are easy to use/on par with other companies.

What do you dislike?

PHP and MySQL should be updated to support the latest versions - in 2015, there was no current timeline for them updating. Also there are two different dashboards for technical/hosting information and payment/account information. With regard to support, occasionally, a request for an account update is missed, or not fully completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review compatibility with current versions and make sure that requested changes to your account happen after being told they will.

We are able to have websites which are not hosted by our internal servers, which allows us to focus on the website content and design rather than the security.

HostGator review by Antonio M.
Antonio M.

"A Shared hosting giant"

What do you like best?

Hostgator comes to mind when you say the word shared hosting(just as godaddy and others). My experience with hostgator has been pleasant. It's easy to configure and uptime is great, haven't had performance issues (unless i had so much traffic that i had to migrate to a vps or cloud hosting solution, but that's nothing to blame to a shared host)

What do you dislike?

My only complaint with this shared host and every other shared host is for better root capabilities and git integration out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The basic plan is very cheap and very well worth it for small projects.

Hosting blogs, landing pages, news sties, etc..

HostGator review by Ron R.
Ron R.

"Great for non-profits and small business"

What do you like best?

Ease of use... problem free,... and when I did have an issue with a Word Press site going down... I got immediate help and quickly had the site back up and running. Love the growth of the cpanel, too.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to deal with backups.

I don't have to deal with hosting problems with HostGator.

HostGator review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Average hosting at low price, shared hosting to be avoided"

What do you like best?

The entry level prices are extremely competitive, while the cPanel interface is consistent with most other hosting sites. Having "unlimited" sites for less than $100 a year means I don't have to pay more for each additional website I'm developing. You pretty much get what you pay for in terms of performance, disk space and bandwidth. This is the perfect place for hosting sites that you don't want to spend much money on and where you don't care about performance, at a low, fixed, annual cost.

What do you dislike?

Shared hosting performance is extremely inconsistent, and upgrading to VPS only marginally improves the performance. Site feels dated, once had a site shared with over 130 other sites on the same server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're hosting WordPress and you care about performance, then I'd be hard pressed to recommend HostGator, you should be using WP Engine or something else. If you just want cheap hosting for a lot of sites and don't really care about performance, service or support then HostGator should be evaluated with other competing products such as Dreamhost.

As a site developer, HostGator solves my problem of having a very inexpensive location for sharing and hosting sites where performance is not an issue. These are non-ecommerce sites such as blogs, portfolios or vanity projects. It helps maintain a low, fixed, annual cost for my basic hosting needs.

HostGator review by Fadi A.
Fadi A.

"Hosted a business e-commerce website with HostGator"

What do you like best?

Their prices are not beatable, technically their offerings are ok, nothing special.

Also I liked their 1-click install feature, it saves a lot of time (when it works), the wide variety of templates that you can utilize, and the Google Adwords credit is a nice bonus too.

What do you dislike?

Technical support is not very impressing, if you are looking for a tighter SLAs and response times you are better picking another hosting provider. The wordpress hosting is a bit pricey, considering there are cheaper - and free- alternatives.

Also I wasn't impressed with their cloud hosting plans, I would chose Digital Ocean for a cheaper and better solution (not talking about Azure or AWS here, that's a different level of service).

Domain names registration wasn't the cheapest though, I ended up registering the domain with namecheap.com

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a very cost effective web hosting solution and don't care much about SLAs and support, HostGator is the way to go.

We were trying to host an academic conferences organizing web app. Looking for powerful, yet cost effective solution was what we were looking for.

Also the admins and (not sure if I should call them admins), they were more like webmasters or data entry people, they needed something easy to manage when they introduce new changes to the styles or contents. HostGator was easy enough to use, without the need to teach them whole bunch of technical topics on how things work -technically-.

HostGator review by Sérgio R.
Sérgio R.

"HostGator for a starter"

What do you like best?

From the new era of cloud based software, Hostgator have made the difference in that segment, not only for small or individual plans but for all the needs they cover.

Hostgator has excellent shared and dedicated web hosting plans suitable for the different costumer needs.

I used the Hatchling plan with an affordable price per month and it gave me unlimited disk space, bandwidth, databases and email adresses.

When I started with Hostgator the most important feature was the installation and data migration from old server, they made this very easy, with the quick install and migration tools.

The most important to all of entrepreneurs or web maker like me is this, HostGator guarantees 99.9% uptime (which is 8 downtime hours per year).

My only doubt concerns the security breach, mainly with the emails. They really have a good costumer support 24 hours a day, although sometimes we are on hold for a lot of time.

The new feature wordpress hosting provides host services to sites and blogs worldwide and seems to work pretty good. If the servers services don´t start crashing (because they had that problem recently), it could be a sucess.

I love Hostgator services, I have no more concerns about bandwidth, storage, databases or something else, Hostgator make this very important needs unlimited.

What do you dislike?

One of poor services are the email security needs more improvements. Other think is the scalability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to try, is the products, services I have used at the moment.

Maintenance and support 24/7

HostGator review by Matías B.
Matías B.

"Not for professional hosting"

What do you like best?

Very cheap hosting

Cpanel is included

WHMCS is included

What do you dislike?

Unreliable

VPS doesn't have backups

Overselled

Not enough CPU/Mem power to install ezpublish CMS / SugarCRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need stability and reliability, move away from them.

If you have a simple website you don't care much, it is very cheap and easy to setup.

We use to have ezpublish as our CMS and usually adopted sugarCRM for some projects as well.

We tried with the unlimited hosting but site was unresponsive and assigned PHP memory was too low to meet requirements. We went for their VPS with CPANEL integrated for a couple of years, that solved our issue but I guess if you do plain html sites or basic wordpress you will be fine with the lower end options.

We used hostgator for 7 years but after it was sold we noticed how the support chat was always full and we have to wait a long time for simple tasks.

We decided to go for linode when 2 of our VPS died along with their hardware. They didn't have any backups, not did they reimburse a penny.

I usually receive a 70% discount for a comeback, I wish I could use that is so cheap, but I am afraid to loose everything again.

HostGator review by Alec B.
Alec B.

"A great hosting service that provides many great options"

What do you like best?

Host Gator offers a great variety of choices for hosting, from web hosting to cloud hosting to even wordpress hosting. But it does not stop there. Host Gator provides several different packages of varying prices for each different form of hosting to fit your need perfectly. Host Gator also has a weebly site building software for those that are not incredibly talented in web development. HostGator is also very cheap compared to other services.

What do you dislike?

However, the company does fall short in terms of support and customer service. I had to wait a week for a single ticket to be resolved and many more have had similar struggles from my research for why they take so long into responding. That truly is the only thing I disliked about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For others that are thinking about HostGator: Do it. while it may be hard to get by support sometimes, the good prices and other great tools will overshadow that small fact.

I used it to host my personal website and it is a cheap to have it up for people to see.

HostGator review by Vanesa A.
Vanesa A.

"Excellent shared and dedicated Web hosting plans but has flaws. "

What do you like best?

HostGator feature-packed gives you all the tools to craft attractive, functional websites however the interface is a bit tricky and takes some research to figure out where things are.

What do you dislike?

HostGator seems to have very mixed reviews. They are decent for the price but the customer support could be better, but the uptime and speed is great. In fact, I’ve never had any issues with my website not loading. I haven’t tried their email, as I use a free Gmail account for everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Hostgator used to be a good company. If you think you won't need support it is an excellent host service because support does not reply to the ticket opened for 7 days. You check with Live Chat and they don’t have any clue. It is very hard to get help.

Trying to test a different host other than Godaddy and BlueHost.

HostGator review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Great service for over a decade!"

What do you like best?

The customer service with Hostgator has always been above and beyond for me. My questions are always answered the first time around and I have even had them walkthrough an entire process with me to ensure I didn't have to keep calling back to get it handled the next time. They never seem rushed, which is a nice change from a lot of customer service I've experienced with online products.

What do you dislike?

I am currently having an issue with e-mails, not mass ones, not going where they should go and arriving in SPAM. This is concerning.

The benefits to Hostgator are great. I have been using them for over a decade and some e-mails now going to spam is the first time I've had any troubles. I'd say that's a HUGE benefit to my business!

HostGator review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"The best option for shared hosting needs"

What do you like best?

The HostGator experience is based on a good support to the users. Tickets are answered within hours or minutes, no matter what you are paying. HostGator also cares about the experience of your clients, using just excellent hardware with reduced number of users. Also they offer a lot of extras (like SSL certificates or IP addresses) for a good price. Upgrade when you really need, always with the help of a good support team. The documentation is great too, really easy to understand if you have a minimal knowledge about web hosting.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the price, the basic service is a bit expensive when you compare with other services. And the control panel is full of ads, not a good experience when you are paying for a "premium" hosting service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The quality of the service is amazing and the support is awesome. If you are using a cheaper service, wait for an offer, they are always creating promotional codes to get discounts.

HostGator review by Katie P.
Katie P.

"Affordable site hosting"

What do you like best?

Host Gator is very affordable whether you are just hosting 1 small page, or several. Their CPanel allows an easy solution for managing various aspects of your page such as email addresses, files, SEO, and even analytics. It is very easy to get started too. It also has an available website builder for those who need a simple few page site. It's not the best nor are the designs the best, but it is great for someone who just needs a site to be able to be found on the internet.

What do you dislike?

Their support is not very good. There have been several times we have had to contact them about something and then have to wait days and days for a response, and some of the times the response is as simple as, sorry we can't help you such as we experienced when our site has security issues arrise. Some times the support is really good. It really depends what the issue is, how you contact them, the rep you get and how long it takes them to get back to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to really think about the amount of server space you are going to need. Host Gator has good options for various sizes. It's easy to get much more than you would ever need, end end up paying more than you would need to. It's always better to start at a smaller plan and upgrade if needed.

HostGator review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Affordable web hosting"

What do you like best?

They migrated my old website to their platform for free.

What do you dislike?

Support can be slow, and their dashboard is sometimes confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a cheap alternative to other web hosting companies.

I needed reliable, affordable web hosting. Host Gator did the trick.

HostGator review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"Good Company; Obsolete Product"

What do you like best?

Hostgator has a good customer service department that is easy to work with and timely in their responses.

What do you dislike?

HostGator is best known for the shared hosting which is not very useful in the modern world. Their VPS hosting is much better now, but still not as streamlined as a firm like DigitalOcean. So why would I want to use HostGator? If hosting a static site, there are far cheaper options. If running a Wordpress site, it does not make a very strong case against a paid account on Wordpress.com. HostGator has a problem finding it's niche in the modern web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider why HostGator vs. "real" cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or DigitalOcean. The competitors tend to be cheaper and have more features with a stronger eco-system.

HostGator review by Natalie P.
Natalie P.

"Strong hosting company with great customer service!"

What do you like best?

I have been with Hostgator for almost 5 years - so glad I gave them a try! The control panel is easy to use and customer service is excellent. The 24/7 live chat is great for me since I work on my client websites in the evening. I recommend this company to many of my clients and I have had no complaints!

What do you dislike?

The wait for the live chat can be a little long at times but always worth the wait. I was not happy about the recent price increase but it was the first one since I joined in 2011. They do send out a lot of marketing emails but you can unsubscribe from these.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great, solid hosting company that will not let you down! They have great customer service and support ticket system.

HostGator review by Marcos Gabriel D.
Marcos Gabriel D.

"Good - Can improve a lot"

What do you like best?

I like the customer support, even though it fails me sometimes. I think this is IMPORTANT in a business like hostgator. A lot of people don't know how to solve simple small technical rpoblems (me included) and we need good customer support.

Hostgator does a GOOD job, but 1 out of 5 times you get a bad employee. I always rate them accordingly, but lately it seems that customer service has decayed a little

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you find out somethings that should be readily available. Like this time when I had to "upgrade" my php, it was something simples like changing a line in the code, but I had to go trough a lot of trouble to find this out, and support wasn't being helpful that time.

So yeah. Some things should be clear, even more when it's something simple (like wordpress related).

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're a wonderful company, but do your research before choosing them. There are many companies with more competitive price out there. I believe they should charge what they are charging, but they should also up their game.

HostGator review by Ashish M.
Ashish M.

"Best Hosting and Domain provider Hostgator"

What do you like best?

Their cutomer service and domain registration process. They have a decent Pricing system too for shared, web, linux hosting plans.

What do you dislike?

I have used the shared hosting from them, it is not up to the mark if load increases

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Hosting site with decent Pricing

Hosted a website and purchased a domain for one of my client.

HostGator review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Startup business hosting"

What do you like best?

I loved the ease of setting up the hosting portion. The unlimited bandwidth is nice for my small company.

What do you dislike?

The advertised discount fine print is a little tricky. You only get the discount if you're willing to pay the annual price and not the month contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upfront pricing

I have a great hosting platform which is giving me no problems.

HostGator review by Mohit B.
Mohit B.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

HostGator is a really Good service and the wonderful thing is that it has no downtime. I been using it for years and haven't seen any downtime yet. Other great thing about it is really easy to install and the price is also cheap.

What do you dislike?

One thing which I disliked about it is that it has pricey in house domains

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend this surely to other companies mainly those which deals with live streaming. As It has really less downtime.

We have a digital marketing companies website hosted here. As business it saved us a lot by being cheaper than our previous hosting.

HostGator review by Derek N.
Derek N.

"Affordable Hosting for Basic Needs"

What do you like best?

The best part about HostGator is its affordable shared hosting plans. Registering for a domain is pretty quick and painless. Sadly, this is about where my praises end.

What do you dislike?

HostGator is much like a slew of other cPanel shared hosting websites. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. It get's the job done of hosting basic websites at an affordable price, but it's always a bit frustrating to find your way around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a beginner user, then HostGator would be an OK solution for a simple hosting scenerio. Advanced users should stick to AWS or Digital Ocean type solutions for self-hosting.

HostGator review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Personal website hosting as well as reseller hosting for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Customer service is great, interface is simple to use. Every time I have an issue they are quick to resolve, whether via support chat, ticket, phone, or email. Great pricing. Uptime is great too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I've been very pleased and that's why I'm a customer year after year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use chat if you need help. It's fast and you can get a copy of your transcript, in case you need to reference it in the future.

Reasonably priced website hosting and email for my business and my clients.

HostGator review by Harris S.
Harris S.

"Affordable site hosting with bad customer support"

What do you like best?

Low-cost hosting packages and familiar Cpanel managing solution let you setup single or multiple sites easily even if you don't have a lot of experience.

They provide a website builder and ease installation for common CMS packages for those who need a simple website.

What do you dislike?

Low price site hosting comes with a cost. Bad customer support. Customer support responds many days after you have submitted a question. I would not recommend using Hostgator if your target visitors are anywhere else than the USA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support service responds to any question within 1 to 7 days.

HostGator review by Jennifer R G.
Jennifer R G.

"Good hosting for your site"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service that HostGator offers its customers and resellers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of time it takes sometimes for the tickets to be responded to, especially when they're busy. I also dislike the per dedicated IP address fee - one of the most expensive I've seen.

I needed a way to be a web hosting provider and found HostGator's reseller service as a great way to offer the service to my clients.

HostGator review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"My Hostgator Rating"

What do you like best?

I like the chat support. 9 out 10 times since 2013, my concerns were answered or corrected for me. The navigation and backend are user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Most times, it takes too long for a chat representative to answer. Domain prices for .com, .org. .net should be cheaper. If it weren't for social media, I would not use Hostgator. I was given step-by-step instructions using social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended HostGator to others for web hosting.

On occasions, my website has not worked or I was not able to make changes to my blog. One I contact Hostgator, they are always willing to help me solve the problem immediately. Hostgator is very helping either by phone and/or chat.

HostGator review by Clayton D.
Clayton D.

"affordable, good starter for website hosting"

What do you like best?

inexpensive, easy to get started, very user friendly customer portal, excellent security offerings - plus very fun graphics

What do you dislike?

inability to upgrade speed, no custom hosting solutions for wordpress/drupal (to make it faster)

trying to expand firm's online presence

HostGator review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good hosting"

What do you like best?

Down is very low almost no experience in last 2 years for down time, Cpanel works good as well provide MySQl and ftp access easy to locate inside panel

What do you dislike?

Difficult to navigate to control panel and you never realize whats differance in billing panel, control panel and where you can control the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use right coupon code, you are in safe hand

1 - Website hosting, Application hosting as well eCommerce site hosting.

HostGator review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great customer service and user friendly."

What do you like best?

HostGator is well priced, has great customer service, and moderately easy to use.

What do you dislike?

As of yet, I have no complaints with my accounts being hosted through HostGator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe you'll be satisfied with the overall value and quality of customer support you receive from this company.

We recently switch our website production and hosting to in-house. We needed a hosting site and this company was recommended above GoDaddy.com

HostGator review by User in Internet

"Decent hosting at a bargain price"

What do you like best?

What really stands out about HostGator is their support. The cPanel and other features are pretty standard but any time I had a question, their customer service team was more than helpful and took care of almost everything.

What do you dislike?

They try to upsell you a ton and their help section is a total mess. I wish they'd organize it more clearly, but I think it's left a mess so you feel obliged to pay for a service that you could do yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty solid hosting plan that I'd recommend for a basic wordpress-type site.

HostGator review by Benton P.
Benton P.

"Affordable hosting"

What do you like best?

Host Gator has made it easy for me to have a portfolio site. I love their one step Wordpress installations and database support. As someone who only deals with the front end of website design having a company like Host Gator that has simplified the backend has really been a joy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like dealing with their billing panel for the reseller packages.

HostGator review by Laura  R.
Laura R.

"Horrible support. They lost me for that."

What do you like best?

The price was very convenient and the interface was ok too.

What do you dislike?

The support. They made me a back up that didnt work, so i lost all my information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you make your own backups.

Hosting and domain registration

HostGator review by User in Computer Software

"Hostgator is a simple no frills hosting platform that does its job"

What do you like best?

Its cheap, reliable and has a good selection of features for the price points they offer.

What do you dislike?

Shared hosting does have its drawbacks, sometimes its quite slow but most of the time its file

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrading existing users plans would be nice, its frustrating to see a cheaper rate on the home page that what I'm paying for now.

HostGator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very reliable, low cost hosting."

What do you like best?

I've used and recommended HostGator for clients that use WordPress and have never had any regrets about using HostGator.

What do you dislike?

The interface can occasionally be clunky, in that there isn't always a clear distinction between HostGator and it's competitors.

The need was for reliable/secure WordPress hosting and HostGator definitely delivered.

HostGator review by graciela a.
graciela a.

"Its a good hosting."

What do you like best?

Cpanel is ok. The price is ok. It is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The support is awful. You have to wait a lot of time to get to talk to someone.

Hosting plan

HostGator review by Dev B.
Dev B.

"Ok, but can do better"

What do you like best?

easy to setup and fast turn around time.

What do you dislike?

too basic, too expensive, not alot of options or flexability

domain hosting and dns

HostGator review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Easy to use hosting, and domain reseller"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Less spam and promo traps than Godaddy. Low Cost reseller hosting.

What do you dislike?

Multiple logins are a frustrating, one login for billing and another for cpanel. I understand the reasoning but would like to see a future social sign in option.

The ability to quickly deploy landing pages, websites and email address using reseller accounts.

HostGator review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"HostGator Review"

What do you like best?

Super cheap web hosting packages and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Poor support response. Takes super long to hear back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search for another company, cheap isn't always better.

Low cost web hosting solution

HostGator review by Consultant

"Good choice for basic web hosting"

What do you like best?

Affordable, feature-rich hosting solutions for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Excels in the traditional shared host space, but lagging when compared to the new managed/static hosting services that are coming up.

Web hosting.

HostGator review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"Host this"

What do you like best?

Competitive pricing, solid servers, and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Really don't have much to dislike about it

Lead generation + Contact Management

Learning about HostGator?

* We monitor all HostGator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.