Hostwinds

Hostwinds offers website hosting for individuals and businesses of all sizes, with 24/7/365 support and nightly backups.

Work for Hostwinds?

Learning about Hostwinds?

Hostwinds Reviews

Ask Hostwinds a Question
Showing 72 Hostwinds reviews
Hostwinds review by Szigethi E.
Szigethi E.

"Positive experinece. "

What do you like best?

is a great webhosting company. They have everything and offer everything in order to make their Hostwinds customers happy to be their customers. I would say some of the benefits that keep me a happy customer is that they have the best-in-industry live customer support, 24 / 7 no matter what time it is they have someone there to help you at anytime time. Also, it's very positive and comfortable feeling to know that Hostwinds has fierce protection of personal information which helps to feel like your personal information is safe.

What do you dislike?

I want to have cheaper prices on their quality services but overall I am completely satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hostwinds is amazing they have the best response time I ever seen. When I first started my website I had a problem with my server loading so I made one phone call to their support team and let me tell you I was shocked on how fast an issue like that got fixed. I highly recommend giving this hosting provider a chance they will AMAZE you. I love being their customer.

They run fairly quick and there's hardly any downtime. To be honest I've been with them for a while now and they've shown me the out most respect. The price is good for what you're getting to build your site and the support is great as they're very helpful when I call in with questions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hostwinds
Hostwinds review by Umran v.
Umran v.

"A budget vps with quality support. "

What do you like best?

Well I was looking for a budget VPS with quality support. It was the first time I was trying to host websites on VPS and support was one of the main factors. After reviewing lot on the web I have chosen Hostwinds.

My selection has proved right till date.

The server has never gone down. The control panel is simple to use and provides all statistics. They have a good knowledgebase and wiki online.

What do you dislike?

I want to say that their services a bit high but they are worth it. They know their work well and their services are beyond praise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thank goodness for Hostwinds that I managed to. They gave me step-by-step instructions and their support is unbelievable. I've been messing up a lot of time and Hostwinds never fails me. My site is much faster than my previous one, and I am ultimately satisfied. Keep it up!

Their live chat people are always there to assist. Since I was totally new to managing VPS, initially I raised lot of support questions. Their support team is very helpful and helped a lot.

They proved that there is no much technical expertise required to manage a VPS. I rarely faced any problems with Hostwinds and they have handled the problems which I created (not from their side). They are good option for anyone looking for quality hosting withing the budget. I would surely recommend everyone to give Hostwinds a try !

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

Hostwinds review by John H.
John H.

"Totally impressed with HostWinds web hosting service"

What do you like best?

When I first came to Hostwinds ssd hosting I was very careful about everything I did. I have had a lot of hosts in my past thats had bad support or died. With hostwinds I now know I came to the right place. It is the best hosting out there! There support team is beyond great and they are also Online 24/7. If you ever need help they wont ask questions they will jump on it right then and there. They stand by there product and they don’t rip you off.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about the quality of the services provided by Hostwinds team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I get system updates on every part of their network as it happens. Control panels are amazing, the system is very solid altogether.

I found hostwinds web host and needed to transfer my files to their shared ssd hosting account. I couldn't have done it without support team, their replies were quick and the instructions were easy to follow, which made it possible for even a non-techie like me to do.

Hostwinds review by Huynh Thi B.
Huynh Thi B.

"I am a lucky user of thei host! "

What do you like best?

They have a very good support! I recently had some issues with website loading. They found its the page issue nothing with hosting.

And they provide their support even on holidays. They are a great hosting too. And they are very much reliable in everything.

They have good supporting team which is more important if you are not a techy person.

What do you dislike?

You know I would like ot have cheaper prices but I think I get what I have paid for. They are worth it. I mean every dollar I pay them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a Great Web hosting company with great support which is helpful for 24 hours. And even at nights! I want to say not many companies may guarantee such quality services and so high uptime. Overall having a deal with them, I get quality services which is full-featured and not costly.

Having some problems, they solve them all in no time. They know how to solve this or that problems and it means much for me. Quality services mean much for me and I appreciate them for their unmatched services. Thank you a lot.

They offer a wide range software apps to easily create your website. And it helps me much in running my websites in a reliable manner. They are helpful around the clock and using them I feel my IT business is in the firm hands. I have only positive experience from them.

Hostwinds review by Santeri T.
Santeri T.

"They are rock! "

What do you like best?

You know I have had my experiences with some other providers earlier but generally they were negative but my experience with Hostwinds is the best so far, good uptime and customer service and I am allowed to do pretty much anything on the VPS (install software, etc). They take a good care of my IT business. I am very happy with the speed and the website security they provided. I am also very happy with their prices and the general customer's interface. The are rally good for me.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have lower prices but overall they are not bad for me. Though my budget is not huge I can afford their quality services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The telephone support was very very good. It sets a new standard in fact. This makes me happy.

They are patient, skilled and proactive. Hostwinds makes me feel confident because I know there is good help when I need it. Domains, Hosting, CPanel, DNS, Mail Servers etc. Their services are beyond praise and they are really the best for me due to their unparalleled services. I am glad to be with them. Thanks a lot!

I highly recommend them for your hosting needs. Besides the great customer service, they have super fast solid state servers - which is another plus for me! And they are really helpful in running my websites smoothly and reliably. I appreciate their help, and it is true!!!

Hostwinds review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Good web host with helpful technical support team!"

What do you like best?

Very Satisfied. Glad I have found Hostwinds website hosting. I have been a costumer for over 3 months and have been extremely satisfied with this host for various reasons: speed, reliability, and support. Prior to using their cloud web hosting, I had a website running on their shared hosting. The customer service is amazing and they are always helping me. Recommended.

What do you dislike?

Nice web hosting provider. Pricing is a bit high, but I will continue using their hosting services for many years to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I never make a recommendation of service, but in the case of HostWinds I will make an exception. If you are still looking and pondering, ponder no more, these guys are so helpful.

When I had problems with their service and posted a video about it online, Hostwinds themselves reached out to me even though I didn't even ask for it. Now I am happy!

Hostwinds review by Arnold D.
Arnold D.

"The best hositng provider U have ever used. "

What do you like best?

So far it has been great with HostWinds, the major plus of their company is definitely their support,they help you with anything. They are cheap when you want to buy, they are a good priced hosting provider. Overall I am very happy with the service, there are only some minor issues, but I will not change host now. I felt really good that my website is always up and loads faster than most of my competitors website.

I have also contacted their support several times, it takes 5 minutes on an average for a customer representative of hostgator to come on chat to help you. Ads it is great.

What do you dislike?

Hostwinds has never given me problems... and If I've had one, it's always been super easy to get help. The support is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One thing I love is their support. 24 X 7 chat with highly capable individuals from both billing and support.

The support is 5 stars, they're very good and quick. I don't think one needs anything better than that.

using them I fell safe and sound and all my troubles went away - I hope - forever and ever.

You can submit a ticket through a web-mail based form and it will most likely be responded to within the same hour. I've also had live chats with them and they really know what they're talking about, they aren't untrained professionals off in India or anything.

Hostwinds review by Jon B.
Jon B.

"Why am I with Hostwinds?! "

What do you like best?

Why am I with Hostwinds?! It is a really good question. Well shortly my answer is - they are the best and most reliable provider I have ever had a deal with. Their prices are not high taking into account the amo7unt of resources which are included in their plans. Their services are attractive for me due ti their quality services which make me feel safe and sound. Server stability is very important for me!

What do you dislike?

I cannot say I feel not good using Hostwinds' services as they know what they are doing independently if it is a day time or night. They do all their best to be ahead of many other hosting companies. And they have succeeded in this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have not found a right hosting company yet, Hostwinds is good and reliable enough to stick to them because of their unmatched services which are suitable for many webmasters all over the IT world. Using them, you will never feel disappointed as they are qualoity and skillful for 24 hours a day. Thanks to them you know that your IT business is in the firm hands. Thank you for your enticing and reliable services.

Paying little but having quality around the clock services - what else can I wish from the hosting company?!

I get what I have paid before. The level of their service is high. And it is really good.

Hostwinds review by Anna H.
Anna H.

"Hostwinds team usually reply 5 minutes after you submit your ticket"

What do you like best?

Wanna thank Hostwinds for providing me with good hosting service. I have been very pleased with the support even when it is not their fault. Never got an angry support rep. A great plus is that they offer Multiple locations. Just contact them for further details and choose a server which is closer to your website visitors. My sites are online and my visitors are happy.

What do you dislike?

It has a nice pricing, and a nice customer support, but still pricing should be reduced a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every time I have an issue, I feel like I'm working with MS Staff. They are knowledgeable and respectful when dealing with us. I have 2 sites and one SQL Server with Hostwinds

I had only once a bigger issue with transferring a domain from a German registrar to hostwinds what appeared to be a language problem and I needed to sit and translate, what was pretty annoying. Their support was helpful, thanks God, one of their IT experts know German.

Hostwinds review by Jakub M.
Jakub M.

"The host I like most of all. "

What do you like best?

Talking about Hostwinds services, the first thought which comes across my mind - they are the best in delivering their IT services in the whole IT industry. They work well for me and I have no experienced any downtime. Prices are affordable for my modest budget and they offer discounts from time to time for me and it is very convenient as you may save some some of money having a deal with them. Their flexible system of discounts is rally nice and attractive for me. And I appreciate when a hosting provider behaves like that.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about them as their servers work with no outages.

When I communicate with their technicians, they are fast and prompt and they help me any time I contact them (even at nights!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know many webmasters want to be successful in the IT world and I want to say Hostwinds is a right company to reach your hosting goals. Use them with no hesitations as they know their work well. Their pricing policy is simple and flexible and they provide their services taking into account the demands of all their customers. All is great with them and I am fond of them. That is great indeed!

Dealing with Hostwinds, I have succeeded in the IT world significantly. I have earned some sum of money with them and got quality help, by the way.

Hostwinds review by Arsenio C.
Arsenio C.

"I'm very happy with them so far."

What do you like best?

What I want to say is that everything works fine with this decent host. The people on hostwinds site are so helpful.. I don't even care the price is rock bottom. They have very professional, prompt, and friendly administration. They are very professional and seem to enjoy helping their customers which is a great change from some of the other sites out there.

What do you dislike?

I believe that it will be perfect if they reduce their pricing rates a bit. It will be much appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I must say that they have flexible attitude toward hosting - their highly trained experts are always online and ready to assist. Recommended!

I asked them some questions regarding database and also what scripts I should install for my future online project. They were polite and explained me everything I needed to know. Many thanks.

Hostwinds review by Agamenon S.
Agamenon S.

"Decent and reliable services from a right host. "

What do you like best?

Having a deal with a right hosting provider makes your IT life easier and smoother. Their servers are well-balanced and I have no bad experience with them. There is no downtime or glitches. Their services are full-featured and they are solid. Thanks to them I have succeeded in the IT industry significantly. I like how they work for me as they know what they are doing nowadays. And it is really magnificent.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about them it is their pricing policy, I would like to have their quality services cheaper and it is quite natural for a webmaster I believe. Overall their services are to9 my liking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know how it is to looking for a right host and when you have found it, you stick to it and don't want to change it anyhow. Their technicians are skillful and knowledgeable enough to have a deal with them with no doubts. All works well with them. Servers have no outages and uptime is high and their network is fully-redundant. That is a great plus from them. They are helpful around the clock and it is amazing. Thanks.

Using their services I have no problems with running my web site which is online for 24 hours! They have helped me much in earning money and they have made my life better in many ways. In any case I like being their customers nowadays.

Hostwinds review by Igor N.
Igor N.

"Happy to be their customer. "

What do you like best?

You know I am really happoy to be the client of Hostwinds because of their unparalleled services which contain many useful resources to help me running my web site with no glitches. Thanks to them I have experienced no downtime at all. Support is active for 24 hours and they are helpful whenever you contatc them (even at night time). By the way while using their services I feel safe and sound. Their technicians are skillful and they know their work well.

What do you dislike?

So I cannot say any bad words about Hostwinds services as I am their happy customers. They have helped me much in running my IT business successfully and smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking for a trustworthy hosting provider - you have already found them, it is Hostwinds. They take a good care of all their clients making them feel well and safely. Do not hesitate in terms of having deal with this trustworthy hosting company as they are proven to be the best!

Benefits from Hostwinds services ... well I have my website up around the clock. Their servers are as stable as a rock and support is online for 24 hours. do not need to wait for the answer for hours. they are always on time with their help. And that is a positive factor influencing my desire being with them as long as possible. Moreover, uptime is high, nearly 100% -can you believe in it?!

Hostwinds review by Irene A.
Irene A.

"I like the way they provide their hosting services. "

What do you like best?

believe me or not but Hostwinds is the best hosting provider I have ever dealt with because of their top-notch services which are full of useful for me resources (they help much to run websites smoothly and flawlessly) and their pricing policy is simple and flexible. Then their technicians .... they are skillful and reliable and they know their work well and they always help me when I have some problems and it is really great as they solve all issues in no time.

What do you dislike?

I want to mention that Hostwinds services have many useful resources which help to run websites in a quality manner. Dislike .... what I don't like about them .... even do not know what to say about that. I like everything they are doing for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use Hostwinds plans with no doubts they are proven to be the best on delivering their services all over the IT world. They know their work well and support is always helpful and skillful any time you contact them. They have brought me good income, I mean having a deal with their services.

They have helped me much in running my websites in a profitable manner. Their help is in time and friendly and my income has increased significantly. Overall id you are interested in getting quality services, I do believe Hostwinds is right in it. They have solid servers which work with no outages and prices are competitive.

Hostwinds review by Isabella F.
Isabella F.

"Like being their customer. "

What do you like best?

I am very happy being a customer of this hosting provider because of their webmaster-friendly and quality services which cost not much. Prices are competitive and their discounts are irresistible. And they help to save some sum of money, I mean their coupon codes. Well one more thing which makes them attractive for me, their technicians, of course. They are fast and prompt and they are online any time I contact them whatever a time it is.

What do you dislike?

As you know any webmaster wants to pay less for quality hosting services and but Hostwinds worth every cent you pay for their services as they are quality, resourceful and fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid and reliable hosting provider with affordable prices, high uptime and fully-redundant network. They take a good care of all their customers offering quality services around the clock. The more you ask them for help, the more quality services you get. And it is very important if you want to succeed in the Internet industry as it is a very competitive thing. Their servers work with no glitches and all pages load very fast. Good for them and for those who are looking for a decent and reliable provider. Just my thoughts of them.

Having quality hosting services I have run my website qualitatively and flawlessly and it helps me much in developing my project successfully. I am very grateful for their unmatched services with solid servers and responsive technicians.

Hostwinds review by Jens K.
Jens K.

"Quality and reliable services available from Hostwinds! "

What do you like best?

Just want to say Hostwinds is a rock. They provide their services in a quality manner. They have plans which contain many useful resources which help me much in running my website smoothly and reliably. They have a fabulous support, their technicians know their work well. They are quick and answer any questions in no time. I may ask them for help even at night and they do not sleep, they fix issues very fast. And you kno0w it is not easy to find such services.

What do you dislike?

In terms of disliking ... frankly speaking I cannot say I have it. No.

All I asked them to do, they have done for me fast. They know what they are doing. And you may find not many webmasters who know how to solve a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know if I use Hostwinds services, I have no problems with running my websites. They help me to run my website profitably. I am very grateful to them for their quality services which are provided around the clock.

They are accessible even at night!

Using Hostwinds services I run my website in a profitable and quality manner.

They know how to run their customers' websites online qualitatively. Thanks to them I have no problems with page loading or something like that. My clients can access the websites around the clock. Prices are not high taking into account the amounts of resources they include in their plans.

Hostwinds review by Jana K.
Jana K.

"My positive experience with Hostwinds! "

What do you like best?

As I know it is not easy to find a right host and it was a complicated thing for me. I tried a lot but failed to find what I needed. At last Hostwinds, I have found them occasionally. My friend has advised me to try them and I was pleasantly surprised with the level of their services. Their plans contain many useful resources which help me much in running my website smoothly and flawlessly. There are a lot o f useful resources which I need for running my website and their tech staff is online any time I put a question, even at night hours. All in all they provide quality services which are worth every cent you pay for them.

What do you dislike?

In terms of disliking .... well i cannot say much about that as everything suits me well. I can't say any bad words about that. maybe just prices ... buy they are not very high taking into account the amount of resources included in their plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Services are resourceful and quality and prices are competitive.

They provide quality support for the noobs as well as for the experi4nced webmasters.

Having a deal with Hostwinds, I have improved my website in many ways. My website is online for 24 hours a day and it loads fast. All works well. When I have a question or a problem, I call them and they listen to me very attentively and helped me immediately.

Hostwinds review by Filip R.
Filip R.

"Just another good web host I enjoy dealing with"

What do you like best?

Since being with them I have found Hostwinds to be a host I can recommend without reservation.

They provide me with good ssd hosting service as compared to my other web hosting provider!

What do you dislike?

Ticket support response times are usually less than 2 hours with resolution times dependent on the issue within another hour or two of the initial response. I'd like them to respond in 20-30 minutes - a bit faster please.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer so many useful 1-click scripts to install like wordpress, drupal, Joomla, phpbb, e-commerce, etc.

Great Company to work with. Highly recommend this decent host!

Very helpful staff and knowledgeable. This hosting showing very reliable so far. easy to manage and easy to install websites. I recommend to everyone and would never even consider accepting a referral fee. They have saved me a tremendous amount of time, money and aggravation.

Hostwinds review by Isabel D.
Isabel D.

"Perfect Host for Any Site – Recommended"

What do you like best?

I appreciate Hostwinds's quality of service, from the reliability of their servers to their live chat support, and enthusiastically recommend Hostwinds to my clients and colleagues. When i asked all the necessary questions i needed and their support answered it politely i've decided to get an account.

I'm very happy going with Hostwinds and for sure i will be using them for years..

What do you dislike?

They usually reply 30-40 minutes after you submit your ticket with a logical answer. I'd like to wait for 5-10 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have multiple websites and my sites got little slow a while ago and when I posted a ticket they responded very fast and offered me to move to different server. Some of the things people forget is that in shared hosting websites tend to get little slow.

They did the backups and transfers until the old host finally made a good copy that was usable. They spent about 30 minutes just to get my sites all moved and running correct. Love them.

Hostwinds review by Cornelis N.
Cornelis N.

"Excellent services with high uptime and quality support. "

What do you like best?

Having tried hostwinds services, I dare say they are really the best in providing quality Wordpress hosting, they provide Wordpress optimized services which makes your Internet life much easier. Prices are not high comparing to the resources which they offer to their customers.

I appreciate their help in hosting my Wordpress blog with them, they led me well through many hassles which I faced which running my blog. What else to say - THANK YOU!

What do you dislike?

Overall their services are good enough for me not to say bad words at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you intend to run a Wordpress blog - hostwinds is the best in in. Their servers work with no downtime and there are a lot of resources in their plans which are really helpful while running an Internet business. Servers are stable and their prices are competitive. I don't think it is possible to find a better hosting provider elsewhere. That is impossible IMHO. And their knowledgeable technicians ... they are beyond praise, they know how to solve any issues which may occur from time to time. Don't hesitate, have a deal with them with no doubts. It is a fair deal. They are as good as they are spoken about.

This company helps me to succeed in running my hosting business - Wordpress blog. Services contain many useful resources to feel well using them. Support know their work well and they are patient and polite.

Hostwinds review by Hoffman A.
Hoffman A.

"I like their exemplary services! "

What do you like best?

Being a conversant person of hostwinds services, I have decided to share some information about their activity in the Internet. Overall I am fond of them because they provide exemplary hosting services aiming at meeting the needs of their every customer and nowadays it is not easy to find such a host. The way they provide their services is webmaster-friendly and their technicians are helpful and skillful in answering questions and fixing issues if they occur and it doesn't matter what the cause of it is. In terms of their pricing policy is simple and flexible and they provide attractive discounts from time to time. Guess not many hosts provide them. I believe it makes their services more enticing for many webmasters all over the IT world.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have bigger discounts on their servers. The bigger they are the better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use Hostwinds services as they have proven ot be the best in this sphere.

This hosting company helps me much in developing and running my IT business in a quality manner. Whenever I ask for their help, they provide it patiently and politely. They are really very patient with their customers even they put stupid questions. They have never been rude with me. One more thing - they have stable servers, they are really stable around the clock. I have never experienced any downtime with them All work perfectly well with them.

Hostwinds review by Konstancja W.
Konstancja W.

"Hostwinds ssd vps hosting is fast - I like it very much"

What do you like best?

I wanna thank hostwins team! I've already notice an improvement in load time for my site and the bulletin board is probably twice as fast as the old one. Price is less then market price compared to other hosts that offer the same features which is nice to know you're saving money. The features are the best part because you get cPanel which is my favorite control panel compared to like plesk which was the only option at my old host.

What do you dislike?

I had some issues in the beginning with my VPS. I would have times where the VPS was responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their tech staff is helpful around the clock and prices are competitive. If you are facing troubles, their professional team will solve them fast.

Great support, yes on weekends too. They do offer a very good price and on the half dozen or so times that I have needed to speak to them, including in the middle of the night, there has always been a technically competent support person available immediately.

Hostwinds review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"The host which meets all my needs. "

What do you like best?

Hostwinds provides services which meet all my hosting needs. They have plans which are full of useful resources which help me much in running my websites quality. Their technicians are knowledgeable and helpful any time I contact them and they are available even at night. And you know it is not easy to find such a company. In terms of pricing, it is not expensive taking into account the amo9unt of resources included in their plans. I think thy are the best in sphere of delivering hosting services.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have their quality services a little bit cheaper and it's rather natural for any webmaster this desire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to me using Hostwinds services, you get the best and most reliable hosting services on lovely conditions. Support is second to none and prices are not high comparing to the other hosting providers. Servers are well-balanced and tech staff provides quality services aiming at satisfying the demands of the webmasters with a tight budget. All works perfectly well with them. And I am grateful for such amazing services to this respectable host.

They offer a lot o f attractive features in their plans which help to run websites in a quality manner. They are helpful in all aspects in case you face issues. They try to satisfy the needs of all their customers and they have succeeded in it. And it makes them attractive too.

Hostwinds review by Bianca H.
Bianca H.

"They've gained a customer for life!"

What do you like best?

I can say that Hostwinds VPS (ssd) hosting is very good. I am totally impressed. When I contact support the response time is awesome and the way these people are willing to work with/for you is amazing. Their claim that their support is the fastest in the world might well be true. Their network and server uptime are perfect as my site is always online. I have never had a problem with billing and my account gets automatically renewed monthly without problem or additional charges.

What do you dislike?

I believe the only unscheduled downtime I experienced in three months was when a massive blackout affected the majority of region I live in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a lovely bunch of people, quick to serve and extremely helpful, i recommend them in a heart beat! You won't go wrong with them.

Very happy with price, service & support.

My first sales support question was answered very promptly, which was a good start. But... Sales support is often good, it is the service that usually fails miserably - not with hostwinds. I cannot speak highly enough of the tech support provided by them today. They are professionals.

Hostwinds review by Lou A.
Lou A.

"I like Hostwinds. Uptime and speed are great"

What do you like best?

All wanna say that hostwinds provide cheap and reliable ssd hosting services.

They have exceeded my expectations time and time again, super fast servers and support.

They are professionals - this is what I want to tell you about them. Thanks a lot - you are totally amazing!

What do you dislike?

Pricing is good and they offer much resources within their hosting packages.

Speed is fast. Nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am fully satisfied running my site with Hostwinds and start thinking of transferring my other web sites to them. Recommended.

I would also like to add that doing routine things such as dns changes, nameserver updates and registrar transfers is extremely simple with Hostwinds. It is a simple domain registration site, with a handful of helpful features that are popular with reviews.

Hostwinds review by Bedirhan T.
Bedirhan T.

"Quality hosting for OpenCart application."

What do you like best?

You know OpenCart is a progressive web application which Hostwinds provides in a quality manner for their customers and I have decided to try it. Well I want to say it is great. It is user-friendly and makes running of the e-commerce projects quality. OpenCart application gives many positive things to their users like it increases user engagement on the store and it increases the store revenue due to user engagement. It is completely responsive on all the platforms and looks and feels like a native application and many more. All works perfectly well on Hostwinds servers which are well-balanced and cost not much.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have quicker technicians, I mean they answer me within 1-2 minutes. It is my dream to get answer immediately and I think it is a dream of many other web masters to chat with a technician online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are the best in the whole IT world.

Hostwinds helps me much to run e-stores successfully using an OpenCart application. I get good revenue having a deal with this company and it makes them attractive for a lot of webmasters all over the IT world. It is rather hard to find a decent and respectable company which takes a good care of all their customers.

So hosting e-commerce projects with them is a sound idea and it is a profitable business. they make your hosting life easier in many ways. And I appreciate it and thankful to them.

Hostwinds review by Millard P.
Millard P.

"My VPS is quick - thanks to Hostwinds team!"

What do you like best?

I have more than 7 years of experience in developing and hosting websites and applications using different types of technologies, but this is the first time I deal with such a great web hosting provider like Hostwinds.com - great job, guys. Their VPS service is perfect in all the ways (speed, uptime, features, customer tech support, discounts). Quick response, experts on Joomla and Wordpress, very welcoming, very efficient. Great value for money and many packages to suit individual needs.

What do you dislike?

If they reduce their pricing a bit, they will be the best web hosts EVER and EVER.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far, I am extremely impressed with these guys. There is nothing that counts more than decent support and they go beyond the call. I really hope the rest of the support team are like this.

I issued a support ticket at 1:00am in the morning. (I messed up on a Joomla and wordpress uninstallation)They responded to the ticket and had the problem solved in 20 minutes!! Amazing team work.

Hostwinds review by Courtney H.
Courtney H.

"Thank you Hostwinds team, your commitment towards my web hosting is great"

What do you like best?

Good experience here. I have noticed that their support team is well equipped with latest customer management tools and HostWinds is using good hardware, server grade material never fails them. cPanel they use of one of the best in the world. So, they have all end tied up. That's how is works well for them and of course for me. Another best thing about Hostwinds is uptime. Infact no down time.

What do you dislike?

Everything works good, there is nothing to complain about.

As for pricing, it is competitive, but still it would be great if hostwinds team reduce them a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend them all the time and would recommend them above any other hosting company I have dealt with.

I needed to install several apps and hostwinds team were fast about that. Majority of support issues are answered within 15 minutes by the support techs.

Hostwinds review by Olga S.
Olga S.

"Highly recommend Hostwinds to anyone!"

What do you like best?

Can say that HostWinds is a good ssd based storage web host, and I've recommended them to several people who now also use them and are impressed with their uptime and website speeds.

What do you dislike?

Support is usually great, my only complain being that the original average support response time of 20 minutes is now more like 30-40 hours. This is to be expected with the kind of growth they've experienced, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finally I've found a good home for my web sites, HostWinds is the best solution for hosting any kind of web sites. No doubt, your sites will be in good hands, friends.

Good job, I like everything about them. I had no hesitation in recommending them to my friends!

Hostwinds review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"Features are very good. Hostwinds hosting service is reliable"

What do you like best?

My experience dealing with Hostwinds web host and their ssd based VPS hosting service has been great. Easy access to my data and mail, and the fastest, most reliable customer service in the industry. My customer support questions are answered within 1 hour. The answers I receive are clear and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if their support team answer within 20 minutes instead of 1 hour, but still it is ok. All in all, I am glad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say they are friendly people, have good service, good value for money and only minor flaws. I'm confident enough with Hostwinds to host all of my sites with them - both personal and business.

Impeccable support, yes on weekends too, fast servers and very well priced. I have domain hosted on hostwinds linux ssd vps hosting account and just renewed it for next 3 months after looking around for better deals and, as usual, finding none. I've placed my order! And everything was really set up in an hour.

Hostwinds review by Michelle W.
Michelle W.

"The right host to have a deal with due to their top-notch services!!!"

What do you like best?

I want to say thank you - Hostwinds - for your top-notch services which are helpful for me in many aspects. Their servers have no downtime, I would say even they have 100% uptime and network .... it's stable and fully-redundant. What else?! Well ... their technicians ... they know their work well, all my questions are answered fast and quality and they help me much is fixing a lot of issues which were on my side. I guess they are the best ... at least I have never had better support than from this hosting provider. I appreciate it as my success depends on this fact.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a little bit cheaper prices on their services which are full of useful resources. Other things work well with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needed quality hosting services - Hostwinds is right for that as they take a good care of all their customers providing quality services in a webmaster-friendly manner. Have no downtime and their servers are as solid as a rock. All works fine with them and it means they are worth every cent you pay for their services.

Signing up with Hostwinds, I have got quality services which cost not much and help me to run my websites in a profitable and successful manner.

Servers have no glitches and there are no outages on them too.

To have a stable network is an integral part of running a successful IT business.

Due to this hosting company I have succeeded in the IT industry greatly.

Hostwinds review by Mentor S.
Mentor S.

"I like the way they work for me. "

What do you like best?

I have used this company services for a while and I am impressed them, I mean their services, their technicians skillful and their patience in treating their customers. They have answered all questions I put them and they have never ignored me. Their technicians know much and their help means much for me and for running my IT business. Nobody ever has helped me in such a webmaster-friendly manner. That is why I am going to be with them as long as possible. And I recommend them to any web master who are interested in getting quality and reliable hosting services. It is really difficult to find such trustworthy hosting company with affordable prices.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have lower prices and it is a usual desire of any webmaster but I know what I pay for. But it is not a problem for me at all. Sometimes they offer attractive discounts which make their services more attractive for many webmasters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them as they are proven to be the best in delivering quality services at low rates.

This company has helped me much in running my website, due to their quality services I have succeeded in the IT industry. And their uptime is really high and network is fully-redundant and my clients have an access to the websites around the clock. Load speed is also fast. When I ask them for help, I get it in no time. They are amazing and fast and I like them for their unparalleled hosting services.

Hostwinds review by Damjan B.
Damjan B.

"Customer care is excellent"

What do you like best?

Best of all I like all of their technical aspects. Hostwinds' technical team are real professionals as for me and they are controlling their environment to perform properly and smoothly. At the beginning of my experience with them I was ignorant of anything to do with running websites and support guys were always kind and polite to explain me how everything works. The system is always up ans working fast, I believe it is because techies are constantly maintain servers and network to avoid any possible troubles. I have not encountered any unexpected troubles and so far the only trouble I have is connected with lack of my experience in setting up all these databases, scripts, domain zones etc. Good hosting that hard to find another one similar nowadays, so I hope they will continue making me happy and free of all that headaches connected with slow loading of my websites.

What do you dislike?

As a newbie I'd like to see more tutorials and manuals on their website, it will be much more useful and give their techies more free time, because I won't need to contact them anytime I don't understand what am I doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I know they are offering 50% off coupon for first month, so you can ask about that when purchasing service for first time, why not?

They are providing website hosting with high stability and very fast speeds, that's all I needed.

Hostwinds review by Matilda G.
Matilda G.

"Technical support knows what to do"

What do you like best?

I have used their support via tickets several times to ask about some software tweaks and response has been uniformly quick and competent. I have used cheaper hosts before and received rather ok stability, but lack of support knowledge and speed. Now with hostwinds I always sure they will be available for me whenever I need and I don't have to wait for hours till they will respond. The most recent experience was with tech department: my question was addressed in 16 minutes. They are always polite and deliver comprehensive replies, sometimes I even ask them to make something for me and they happily do it in a professional and what is more important quick manner. By now I have not noticed significant hardware troubles or network outage, no glitches and smooth performance for their servers. Well done tech support! I hope you won't fail in future and will continue developing your services to be more reliable company, there is always a place for improving.

What do you dislike?

I wish to get more features for administration, surely cpanel is good control panel but it lack of flexible features for some daemon tweaks which you have to do manually via shell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are ready to pay for quality you should consider Hostwinds as your primary hosting provider

I am using them as primary host and they've done it well

Hostwinds review by Lam N.
Lam N.

"The best Wordpress service I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

It was a great surprise for me to find such quality and reliable Wordpress hosting services. Hostwinds knows their work well providing a wide range of Wordpress-friendly services. And their pricing policy ... it is smooth, flexible and straightforward. There are no hidden pitfalls. All is clear and they are open. Support is fast and when I contact them even at night, they are active and helpful for me and it means much for me. It's true. I want you to know they work for their customers in a quality manner and help when you need it. It is not easy to find such a company with such level of responsibility!

What do you dislike?

I would like them to work faster while solving issues if they occur .

Overall I cannot say many bad words of them as they work taking into account the demands of their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to succeed in the Wordpress hosting, use Hostwinds plans with no hesitations as they are really the best in this sphere. My blog runs well with no glitches or downtime. They also have fully-redundant network. All I ask them for, they do with no hassles.

I have hosted my Wordpress blog with them in a successful and profitable manner. I have no bad experience with them as their load speed is fast and technicians are helpful in many ways even when I put stupid questions. They are rather patient with me and I appreciate it.

Hostwinds review by Pauline J.
Pauline J.

"I like Hostwinds LiveChat that works 24/7!"

What do you like best?

Hey dudes,

Here is my experience with this Litespeed ssd web host. Tickets are answered in about 15 minutes !! INSANE ! (Most web hosts answer between 24 to 48 hours, even 1-2 days).

I also love the fact that they run promotions for existing customers.

They provide all the features you can think of. I found the User Control Panel and one step installation plugins (Wordpress, Dotclear, phpBB, etc.) and streaming very useful for my purposes. Plenty of bandwidth & disk space. Far more than I've used.

I have also referred many friends to them and all say they are good.

I Recommend Host!

What do you dislike?

Nothing bad to say about Hostwinds services, just I am happy I've chosen them. Now I have all I need and even more!

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys are top of the line Pros and really refreshing to see a company getting it right & doing it right.

I beyond recommend hosting with these guys.

They treat me personally and have called me on a few ocassions as well. I bought their ssd shared hosting for $5/mo, they contacted me immediaty and asked if I needed any help - all in all, I was impressed, they helped to upload all my files and from that time my site is running fast and efficiently.

Hostwinds review by Charlie M.
Charlie M.

"Successful webmaster! "

What do you like best?

Since I am renting a server, I would also like someone else to take care of all the management! Thanks to HostWinds and their excellent fully managed server options. A great help from them I have got. They are a great hosting company. You pay more than some companies, but it seems to be well worth it since support is always willing to help, even if it isn't their problem. Thanks to them, I have succeeded in the IT industry greatly.

What do you dislike?

As usual I would like to have their quality services at more inexpensive prices. And sometimes websites load not very fast but it happens not very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up with HostWinds is simple, easy, and affordable (in terms of money and time). Set up only takes a few minutes and they provide tons of support and services for you and your clients! You create your name, packages, and features—and make money off the profits! Your clients are able to create beautiful and profitable websites for their own businesses! I am thankful for this new business adventure!!

With HostWinds, set up for selling is easy and fast. They give you all the tools need to sell including multiple free websites and freedom to create packages and prices. It is up to you! Best of all the service is all on them allowing you to just concentrate on selling. They are really helpful for me in many aspects and I am using them with pleasure. I left my old hosting company because there were so many issues and problems. All those issues are gone now. I was able to keep my customers and switch them with very little hassle. I wish I would have switched to hostwinds long ago.

Hostwinds review by Kazimiera B.
Kazimiera B.

"Now I see they were excellent choice"

What do you like best?

I moved to Hostwinds because I needed quality company and the only way to measure the quality for me without having experience is a price, it is very hard to get something bad for high price. So far Hostwinds has been very impressive with their service be it customer care or hardware. I really enjoy their guaranteed stability of servers and network, there is virtually no not-scheduled downtime happened and it is definitely what I need and I assume any hosting provider customer needs. Friendly tech support is also rather fast, in some cases no really but I believe it is due to time difference. My hosting account comes with everything needed like control panel, emails and script installer, it is very easy to use and interface is intuitive. Being Hostwinds customer I am confident that if I have any problem or question it will be resolved with expediency and professionalism. Great work guys, thank you for your professionalism.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to wait for reply of support for more than average time. And I'd suggest Hostwinds staff to think about ways to shorten this time. Furthermore pricing may be lower or I'd suggest to implement some kind of discount system for loyal customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them with no doubts, I don't think you will have to regret about this choice ever.

They are hosting company, what business problems can I solve with hosting except hosting? :)

Hostwinds review by Anja H.
Anja H.

"Good for LiteCart application. "

What do you like best?

It's a good hosting for LiteCart application. I have downloaded this application within two clicks. Their tech staff is always ready to help me out in fixing a lot of issues which occur from time to time on my side. They accept Paypal and it's convenient for me. They have consistently good performance. It's a real pleasure to have a deal with. Overall it's not easy to find a reliable host but Hostwinds is such a hosting provider Just my point of view. And I'm grateful to them for their unparalleled services which are reliable and stable.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately they do not have a phone support .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a decent and reliable hosting, Hostwinds is right for that. Their services are unmatched and prices are not comparing to the amount of resources included in their plans. Having no a phone support does not influence much their level of support as they are always great and online and helpful for 24 hours a day and it means much for and for my business.

They have become my business partners because of their top-notch services. Thanks to them I have used LiteCart hosting easily and and reliably. They are helpful for me around the clock even at night hours. You know it means much for me and I appreciate it. There are no many companies which run their business in such a webmaster-friendly manner.

Hostwinds review by Mary Y.
Mary Y.

"Thanks guys, keep up the good work!"

What do you like best?

I have used a number of hosting companies over the years, but nothing can beat Hostwinds. Not only are they great value for money, but they also have a really helpful customer service team, fast US based servers and a great one-click Wordpress installation. Everything I need!

Yeah, their ssd litespeed hosting is very fast - I like it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it took over 2 hours for them to solve the issues I experience from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was suitably impressed, and have no qualms about recommending hostwinds to my clients and other webmasters looking for a reasonably priced host that offers lightning fast response to customer comments.

Time and time again the superb support staff at hostwinds have gone out of their way to help with issues I have normally created myself. All hosting providers will have issues from time to time, but it is how they deal with those issues that matters and yet again this is where hostwinds show why they are loved by their customers.

Hostwinds review by Tranquillina B.
Tranquillina B.

"You can rely on Hostwinds "

What do you like best?

I'd tell about Hostwinds advantages according to my experience.

First of all they have up-to-dated software that works properly with no issues by far.

Secondly, server hardware is really enterprise and maintained well, I can see that because zero downtime has been noticed till now. And for me this is huge benefit.

Time to time I have had difficulties connected with hosting account and software features, but I could quickly get all needed details from their support.

Technical and billing support teams are both fast, that is their main advantage. Techies additionally have rich experience in hosting maintenance and they are ready to solve any kind of issue be it software or hardware deal. Generally their support staff is friendly, responsive and have high expertise in hosting. I am quite satisfied and at first was very impressed how quick they are in their responses, I recognize I am not the only one their customer who contact them occasionally, but they are always there when needed. For me that is the main reason why I would stay with Hostwinds for more.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit high, small variety of additional features, sometimes it is not enough resources. Everything is if we compare them with their competitors in industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check for forum boards for promos from them.

Being stable and fast web hosting provider Hostwinds gave an ability to promote my business with the help of my website with no worry about technical side of hosting.

Hostwinds review by Nerea N.
Nerea N.

"Fantastic user-friendly service"

What do you like best?

From the very beginning they have treated me well. They have average pricing rates, not unique set of features just autoinstaller of scripts and cpanel with its normal feature list. But technically Hostwinds is ideal. My website is available for 100% and litespeed with ssd makes file accessibility which means loading instant. Also I am extremely pleased dealing with someone in their technical support department, these guys are replying in minutes (average for me is 20 minutes) and have enough knowledge and experience to address any query or issue. To summarize I am sure that Hostwinds totally worth every cent they charge even if you hesitate about high price you should consider that you get what you've paid for. I feel comfortable and headache-free with Hostwinds shared hosting because I don't need to worry about my websites stability or loading speed and it is awesome. Great job!

What do you dislike?

They haven't suggested me any promo coupon, however after I started to use them I have found offer of 50% on first month on 3rd party forum board. Their price is a bit high comparing to competitors and I hope they will implement more features for that price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have litespeed and ssd that makes their performance high, so they are best option for big databases for faster accessibility

My website aim is to be online 24/7 and this main target have been reached after subscribing with Hostwinds

Hostwinds review by Hieronim J.
Hieronim J.

"Wow, I must say they are good!"

What do you like best?

I host PhpCollab based web site.

I like Hostwinds.com ssd host because it provides really fast ssd hosting services.

Uptime and support have been excellent!

They actually answer their emails, and within a few minutes. Great support. It's the best. You can enter a service request in and most of the time it will be answered within minutes.

They use Litespeed server, their ssd hosting is fast.

I'm also satisfied with then completely useful easy-to-use cPanel.

What do you dislike?

Hostwinds ssd hosting is a little expensive in comparison with other hosting sellers, but it is very very difficult to find elsewhere such a support service. For me it is the principal aggregate value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been in touch with support department constantly, because one day I needed full rebut, another day I need help with installation needed stuff etc. They have always been fast to respond. So, contact them if you need help, they are online and always happy to help.

The techs contact me checking to see if I have any issues just to be on the safe side. They are really the most friendly hosting provider I have ever worked with. Very prompt and thorough. I can't imagine being happier with a hosting service.

Hostwinds review by Dominik P.
Dominik P.

"Hostwinds really cares about clients satisfaction"

What do you like best?

Most of all I liked their perfectly tweaked and optimized servers. That gives outstanding uptime and no hardware malfunction noticed so far. My stability is monitored by script and it never showed less than 100% in the only exception when there were planned server or network maintenance.

Each hosting account is powered by litespeed server and based on solid enterprise level hardware, solid state drive make loading speeds really fast, especially I see the difference when interacting with my databases.

Support department has been available anytime I needed them. Their support guys are polite and always trying to resolve even the smallest question you have, I see they are truly skilled technical guys, not just online secretaries or bots like those 'thanks for submitting your question, we will contact you as soon as possible'.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more promos and discounts from them, because price seems to a bit high, especially considering how competitive hosting industry is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for hosting with decent uptime and server speed you should definitely go with Hostwinds. Also they are offering coupon codes so new users can ask them for promo available for now and get first month discount to ensure in their reliability for discounted price, I think it is great attraction for new customers.

I am hosting my Wordpress based business website and my main target is to have 100% uptime, Hostwinds made it possible.

Hostwinds review by Martina U.
Martina U.

" Danke hostwinds.com!"

What do you like best?

Good service. Fast site uploading and downloading. Fast page load in Germany Wilhelmsdorf. Uptime has been 100%. Credit card payment.

What do you dislike?

No German speaking person in support. Prices in US dollars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hallo!

Good web hosting provider for DataBase application management tools. Has only USD currency and has only English speaking support. You won't have headache with service and service uptime. These features are perfect. You have to understand they are USA based provider. However they have good ping in Germany Wilhelmsdorf.

I was searching for database management tools. Webhostingtalk.com was the forum where I seen the offer from Hostwinds. I asked if they can host WebCollab and if they could help me to install that. Hostwinds said they have Softaculos (like a scripts collection) so I will be able to use them with no problem.

Later I discovered that they have prices in US dollars. Here in Germany we used to have prices in Euro so I had to re-calculate costs on my own to discover rel price in Euro. That is not really good. After order they put my account on hold and I received ticket said I had to verify identity. So I did that for them.

Next I discovered they do not have German speaking people in support. English is not my native language .But these are details. I ordered them for good service and I have that good service and my web script just work perfect ideal.

Hostwinds review by Mary F.
Mary F.

"LiteCart® hosting experience with Hostwinds. "

What do you like best?

a) support of LiteCart® app for my business;

b) provided possibility to test hosted solution before signing up;

c) they can offer next level plan for me in case I need it when site starts growing;

d) fast support;

e) payment options.

What do you dislike?

a) no SEO tools added to the plan. Some hosted solutions include some SEO tools though;

b) time difference between me and my current service provider, so we have delays in communication;

c) no support of my app. Actually they are doing hosting part and for rest I have to find other places for my application discussions to find out the way;

d) no backup service. I have to purchase additional stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them for testing before start using service for any app.

I'm single doing person who is looking to start own online ecommerce projct. Actually I'm on the start and as I was told main part of my business - something what i will be based on is my hosting. So I spend a few days researching and testing and Hostwinds won my casting and was nominated to be used. Now I'm in process and from the hosting side of my story I do get full support and have never had serious problem.

For those fellows who is seeking for the hosted services I can recommend them as good provider. But do not expect from them more then good hosting service. In case you are working with application you will have to discover that app without their help.

Hostwinds review by Antigona P.
Antigona P.

"Hostwinds hosting is one of the best options for running wordpress blogs"

What do you like best?

Well, I have been dealing with Hostwinds for not so long, but I really enjoy using their hosting services.

They manage to provide a good work based on quality. Excellent and friendly staff, network and feature rich hosting packages. It has a nice pricing, and a nice customer support. just a second when the ticket is responded.

SSD + Litespeed give really super fast speed. Really.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that hostwinds team don't offer support via Skype, it is inconvenient for me to submit ticket as I use Skype most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ordering process was pretty simple and easy to follow the instructions they gave me. I got my answers though Hostwinds FAQ section for few things, and got the rest from the support, which they are very helpful on resolving two sticking issues I have.

I've had questions that were answered and fixed within minutes, and complex problems worked on by the hosting admins personally resolved in only a couple hours... and they seem to be available almost all the time.

I like the unique features they offer within their hosting packages.

Reliability has exceeded my expectations.

Hostwinds review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="5100a57f-38e0-45f4-9094-a8dd459adb4e">Audrey F.</span>
Audrey F.
" itemprop="name" />

"Speed, uptime - I have all what I need. "

What do you like best?

As my title says I do appreciate high uptime. Since I need that for my marketing/advertising related apps I use. Connection speed is also important as for me as I need to have fast response from MySQL databases and have huge amount of data to operate with.

Such features are most vital here for me and till now I have got tem and appreciate this fact.

What do you dislike?

Huh... Difficulty to say at the first view. Maybe payment system variety. As far as I remember only 4 of them. I have Skrill (former Moneybookers).

What yet? Support chat assistant (right bootom corner) acts as importunate poerson asking if I have a questions or issues to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good and easy to use provider. For shared hosting - recommended. For other activities - can't say, cause never used.

If you asjk me about the problems then I can ensure you that I do not have problems at all with them for the time I've been using Hostwinds. They are type of guys which are doing web hosting services and do not invent something extra. As I've mentored about uptime is 100% for those weeks I'm with them. Speed level is accpeted and I'm satisfied about those 2 features. I used other companies and always had issues realted to uptime when without any serious reasons server was down and I had to wait to get that solved to manage my business. So main idea of new host search was a batch of features uptime and speed. And I have go that. Never asked support for help - no comments.

Hostwinds review by Jack T.
Jack T.

"About 2 months with hostwinds "

What do you like best?

The fact they support wordpress application and the fact they support paypal payments. I checked a lot of local companies in Europe but this based in United States of America was the best for my New York audience and end users. Paypal is the safest payment gateway and I appreciate they have it as for payment option.

What do you dislike?

Time difference between me and sales and billing team. When I had some questions I had to wait up to 10 hours to get response from billingf and sales team. Support work around the clock but they do not provide phone calls as communication channel for their support. But those are minor minuses for their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test, test and test again. You are not forbiden to test the service before send even 1 euro for the services from any company. Only you as prospective site admin and user can make sure and decide if they are going to satosfy you or not.

They do not forbid to test theirr services - so do not be shy and just ask about them.

Other thing - contact them for your payment method. That is not clearly posted on their web site so you have to ask them about that before you decide buy them or not.

After my 2 months with hostwinds I have nothing extremly bad to say. They are fine and I can recommend for Wordpress for sure.

Important thing as for me.

Wordpress hosting is what I needed. Good ping to New York (none of Europa based companies can have better ping to New York USA then US hosting vendors). So that was a must to have good ping.

Hostwinds review by Tomas G.
Tomas G.

"It works for Zen Cart application. Perfect "

What do you like best?

Uptime. First of all I have never found my web hosting account and site down. Plus when I run test at uptrends I always have only "green marks". I think that is quite important for such kind of web sites I have.

Payment options. The fact I can pay via bitcoin encourages me. Not every company can accpet Bitcoin as payment option. But they do and that is really great as for me.

What do you dislike?

Requests solving. I mean when I need their help I have to write them and then immediately I got response that they now aware of my problem and looking into it. But real problem solving takes 20 mins up to 40 mins. I do not know though how does it work in other companies.

No phone support. So far they have live chat only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First of all I want to speak of myself. As for me Hostwinds suits me 100% but I know there is not ideal host for everyone and that's why I placed 8 in "recommend to friend" field, because I do not know exactly if that will be fine for other users.

Good payment options, easy to use control; panel and good uptime make me remain their clients and so far I do not plan to move.

They are service provider and at some extend I can call them business partner, but really they are service provider for me and I'm satisfied with them and their services.

Hostwinds review by Philippe V.
Philippe V.

"Uptime is amazing, the servers are top notch!"

What do you like best?

I can't believe how much of a breath of fresh air it is working with Hostwinds. So professional and knowledgeable and always at hand any day of the week to chat. Furthermore I can't believe the service I get included such as backups which has recently helped me out after I accidentally overwritten some files. Again thanks so much for everything so far, recommend to anyone.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this host. Nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality and affordable hosting with an unrivaled focus on providing, in my opinion some of the best support I've seen from a web hosting company. I always recommend my clients to go with Hostwinds.

The customer support was amazing and I just want to say thank you to the hostwinds tech guys! You rock!!!

Hostwinds review by Richard N.
Richard N.

"I like the way they work. "

What do you like best?

You know I have spent much time trying to find a right host for my needs and asked my friends about the hosting companies they used and Hostwinds was advised me to try. I thought - why not?! They offer unlimited plan (unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, unlimited domains) at $6.74/mo with 25% discount. plus they also offer 60 day money back guarantee, 99.999% uptime guarantee, 100% satisfaction guarantee - all these things seemed very attractive for me and I have made up my mind to try them and I have never felt sorry about this decision. It was a real success for me. Their support is fast and prompt and skillful in fixing issues if they occur.

What do you dislike?

Nevertheless their services are not pricey, I would like to have their plan cheaper. And I would also like to have to have more discounts on their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That is not easy to have a reliable and trustworthy hosting provider and Hostwinds is such a host which solves a lot of hosting problems and makes your IT life much easier. I also want to say I have never faced any downtime of my web site and network is fully-redundant. Thanks to their quality services, I have become a successful webmaster. Thanks a lot for your unmatched services.

Using their services, I have started to earn more money and I have improved my business immensely. That is important for me.

Hostwinds review by Adomo B.
Adomo B.

"Hostwinds support are very friendly and responsive"

What do you like best?

Thanks for the prompt service. My client cannot afford to have a glitch in his email service or to have an issue with the setup, and you were able to flip the switch without the slightest hiccup in my service. AWESOME! Thanks so much, Hostwinds!!

What do you dislike?

Pricing for shared hosting plans is a bit high, so it will be great if Hostwinds reduce their pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hostwinds Tech Support staff are prompt and the best at what you do. Thank you very much as your time, assistance and efforts are very much appreciated.

It happened so that I had an issue with my custom 404 error page loading today and started a chat with one of Hostwinds IT experts. He was able to quickly resolve the problem and seemed happy to do so. He gave updates as to the amount of time it would take to resolve as well as check to ensure I was able to see the page before ending the chat. I just wanted to say thanks and let you know how much I appreciated his help.

Hostwinds review by Thorsten K.
Thorsten K.

"Hostwinds repond quickly, know how to fix problems"

What do you like best?

Really good web host. Thanks a lot hostwinds team for providing me with professional hosting services. I have spent endless hours combing through the various web hosting services online, and am pleased to say that the best one, overall, is the one I started out with! Great hosting package for the price. Site is very professional looking and easy to navigate. I was sold by the combination of the package, the look and feel of your Web site and the online manual.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple of downtime periods but problems have been rectified quickly. And regular progress reports allow us to keep our clients reliably informed of the situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend hostwinds hosting for ROR. The technical support is very nice. I usually get responses within 15 minutes. They also have support for a lot of extra features that many hosts don't – Ruby on Rails in particular. The last reason was cPanel, which I consider the best control panel on the market.

Hostwinds support is what convinced me to go with this decent ssd host I'm still waiting (about 30 days now) for one of their competitors to answer the email questions I posted and the telephone messages I left.

Hostwinds review by Jurgen F.
Jurgen F.

"Lots of features, very knowledgeable fast support"

What do you like best?

I was scared to death to start a website and he made me feel extremely at ease and more confident at starting the process. Hostwinds let me know I can start with a little and build up as I see fit and want to. I honestly have not had better customer service over the phone probably in my lifetime! Because of them, I did not even shop around at any other website or web hosting places. That says a lot because I typically will shop around on most of my purchases. I don't think you can put a price on the comfort and service they give. What a personable and helpful guys! Thanks again and I can't wait to start building my another site!

What do you dislike?

I'm very happy with the choice I made, no complaints. Thanks!

Recommendations to others considering the product

he performance of my websites has improved by 30%, resource file delivery performance is extremely consistent, and user posting (I use a wiki for authors) is going well and behaving well.

Most recently, I needed assistance with the switching of primary and sub domains on one of my accounts and ran into a few challenges along the way. Help desk support from Hostwinds was fast, effective and courteous. Outstanding !!

Hostwinds review by Dana P.
Dana P.

"Being their customer is a bless for me, overall!!! "

What do you like best?

Overall it is really a bless for me to host my site with them because of their unmatched and quality services which contain many useful resources to succeed in the IT industry. Hostwinds is a really good hosting company for anyone who is thinking about starting a website or if you have a website and want to transfer Your Site to this one. They make it (I mean your website transfer to them) for you for free and in a quality way. And unlimited domains sound really good for me.

What do you dislike?

You know their load speed is a bit slow for me but it happens from time to time, not often.

And I would like to have their services cheaper. But they know their work well!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best web hosting service which is very safe, fast, unlimited and have great support. They have many helpful options for beginners in web hosting, like easy way to start and create website. I like them and they way they provide their services for me. Unlimited features in their plans are attractive as well.

And free dedicated IP addresses ... I really like it.

One con to Hostwinds , however, is that the CPanel is a little different from other hosting sites. Overall, Hostwinds is a good hosting company that has serviced which are able to satisfy the demands of many discriminating webmasters all over the IT world.

Hostwinds review by Vittorio C.
Vittorio C.

"Hostwinds are always responsive! A cost-effective hosting service"

What do you like best?

The hosting works great. It has been reliable, reasonably fast PHP and MySQL services. Reasonably easy to configure, etc. I have rarely had to contact the support team for anything and on the occasions when I have they responded immediately with an email from an actual person who resolved my issues right away.

What do you dislike?

Response times are not always quick, especially at weekends, but the overall time to solve a problem is good because they don't waste time asking stupid questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good host. It is a common thing that most hosts do not have knowledge skills on what customers do with their account, but not with Hostwinds. Besides, their network and server uptime are perfect as my site is always online.

With Hostwinds, you don't have to pay a pricey amount to experience quality service, uptime guarantee, and easy to use features and tools.

Hostwinds review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"I am glad to be the ir customer. "

What do you like best?

I am really glad to be a customer of hostwinds.com company because of their quality and webmaster-friendly services. The prices are not very high especially for starters and I recommend they set the regular prices to that they give in offers. The support is available around the clock and the staff provide courteous and helpful assistance with anything from technical difficulties to help with Wordpress. The billing details make it easy to keep track of spending too. Everything was simple, straightforward, and worked flawlessly right out of the box. Uptime is great. Speed is no issue.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have cheaper prices on their quality services but I do believe they are worth every cent I pay for their services. It goes without saying this company is the best I have ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend you to use them as they are proven to be the best in this realm. And their services are great!

Hostwinds is a tremendous value for the money. I signed up hesitantly, thinking no reasonably priced site could offer the services and support I needed, but I was wrong. Within a day of sign-up, I received an email from a person who volunteered to help me through the process of getting my site up and running -- though I had already been to the full-featured control panel and worked out all the logistics of moving my site on my own.

Hostwinds review by Olav F.
Olav F.

"Easy to use. "

What do you like best?

The hosting service and features make my hosting life simple. The chat support had been brilliant. Sometimes I have messed up but the support team had me going again in no more than 15 minutes. I can honestly say I never remember my website being down for a minute. So from my point of view image rocks.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have cheaper services from them but I cannot say they provide expensive plans, at least their plans are affordable for my budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this web host because it is so easy to use. It saves me a lot of time and that is the reason it is my favorite. I rarely have any problems and if for some reason I do tech support always helps me out quickly.

This host is just so much more user friendly for me. The only thing I think would be better is if you could have a choice of paying monthly or once a year for the hosting. I also am unable to compare them to anyone else because I actually like this host so much that I haven't tried any others.

Great hosting and service

Hostwinds rocks because their support is always helpful and attentive. They resolve an issue and don't quit on you. I use their live chat service for my setup issues and they fixed the problem without a hitch. These guys are great!

Hostwinds review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"They have been rock solid for me! "

What do you like best?

I have never experienced any downtime with Hostwinds. They have been rock solid for me! No seriously.

I have only had to reach out for assistance 1 time and they were great. They email me in advance several times to let me know when they are doing updates and are very accommodating.

So far, I am very pleased with everything. Support has been responsive and on point. Their technicians would be good for any level of customer, and yes I would recommend them to anyone.

What do you dislike?

To say bad words, one must experience it but I did not! They work well and they know how to make my IT life easier and smoother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Hostwinds for professionals who want to start a site on a reliable foundation, and for people ready to improve their small, but established project. They have some pretty great stuff going on. They are running on great technology that allows them to provide super fast, secure, and inexpensive WordPress hosting.

My experience with Hostwinds has been very positive. Now that my site is hosted with them, I have a higher level of confidence and pride when sharing links to my site. I value peoples' time, therefore I only want to present important content. Likewise, I don't want to waste anyone's time waiting for a page to load. Hostwinds hosting is fast and dependable. In addition to performance, they excel with their top-notch admin interface, documentation, and support.

Hostwinds review by Garland L.
Garland L.

"The best I have ever used. "

What do you like best?

Hostwinds web hosting is great quality! It is easy to set up a website, and easy to edit, the hosting is amazing, it never crashed unlike past hosts, 100% uptime, the support team are very helpful, it doesn't take long at all to get your issues fixed, they are kind, and fixing. The cost of the hosting was of expected, it was an average price, I was happy with the amount it costed, it is not under priced, but it is not overpriced, for what the hosting is like, it is a great price.

What do you dislike?

The greater part of their work is to my liking. I cannot say any bad words of their activity in the Internet.

I would like to have quicker technicians it is true.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hostwinds is s the fastest web host,easy to use, user friendly, mail upgradable, got everything from the homepage, single click everything you got, mails are faster when sent or received,attachment so easy, no expertise required to use it. They are fast and rresponsive and try to meet all my needs in no time.

Hostwinds is one of the best hosts out there, I truly recommend it to any looking to host a website of a small size, to huge. Get your website today! All works well with them and I am really happy being their customer. they make my life easier and simpler. They are great in delivering their services in a webmaster-friendly manner. They have stable servers which are well-balanced.

Hostwinds review by Philip B.
Philip B.

"Excellent stability for a site. Price is good. "

What do you like best?

All I can say that finally I have found a good place for hosting my web site - It is Hostwinds. The process has been so smooth and I thank their team for that because I needed some help with the technical side of this sometimes. I just wanted to let you know that Hostwinds have great employees that have made this experience of switching from a different provider great.

Network Uptime is great. They even have scripts to add email forms and guest books and counters that are part of the package.

What do you dislike?

Hostwinds support and service has been excellent! Keep up the good work. Nothing bad at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have absolutely been excellent, everyone at hostwinds has always been amazing and they have gone above and beyond. There was a guy that I remember and enjoyed working with, they have exceeded all standards I had in my mind. Their firm is professional.

Setup was quick. I couldn't have done it without support team, their replies were quick and the instructions were easy to follow, which made it possible for even a non-techie like me to do.

Hostwinds review by Emillen A.
Emillen A.

"I just totally Love them! RecommendHostWinds ssd hosting to thers"

What do you like best?

I wanna say that hostwinds provides me with professional services. When I first came across their prices it almost seemed to good to be true. I put one site up with them to start just to try things out, I've since put up all my sites with these guys. I have fast speed connectivity and everything works like a clock. Support is good - ticket system works well. I have been very happy with their courteous, consistent, and FAST customer service.

What do you dislike?

What I want to ask their team is to continue providing such professional hosting services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Now more than ever, I recommend hostwinds ssd web hosting solutions to all people looking for professional web host to host wordpress, e-commerce (os commerce, magento commerce, Cube cart), phpBB forum, Dotclear. I like them.

So, after several days I contacted them directly, they replied immediately and explained me what hosting solution I should have bought according to my requirements. I wanna thank their team.

Hostwinds review by Ray L.
Ray L.

"Hostwinds ssd hosting plans are quite cheap"

What do you like best?

Since I have signed up with Hostwinds, every single question I have had has been answered immediately and intelligently. I've noticed no downtime and my site loads faster than ever. EVERY time I have a request, problem or issue I get an answer or a response quicker than if I could do things myself. I love the support!

What do you dislike?

Uptime is amazing, the servers are top notch! I like everything about this web host.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ordering process is pretty simple and easy to follow, and I got my answers though the FAQ section for few things, and got the rest from the support, which they are very helpful on resolving two sticking issues I have.

I like their support. Tech support was on the ball, the site was up as far as I could tell.

I like this decent hosting service and highly recommend them to others.

Hostwinds review by Elmer W.
Elmer W.

"Hostwinds ssd web hosting is a top of my recommendation"

What do you like best?

Hostwinds uptime is great. Not many features or add-ons for web site (no SQL, at least on my plan, for example). Mail system is superb, with spam controls, webmail and mailing list management about as good as one could want. Their prices are great but not the cheapest. I am also like the speed connection. Believe it is due to their Litespeed server and it is super fast.

What do you dislike?

Their pricing is a bit high comparing with the other hosts, but reliability is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just contact them for further details and choose a server which is closer to your website visitors. My sites are online and my visitors are happy. So I am. Recommend them.

Great support. Never had to wait more than 40 minutes for help.

Hostwinds review by Oliver O.
Oliver O.

"Hostwinds ssd hosting is good one"

What do you like best?

I am not aware of any unexpected downtime as all their upgrades are done with plenty of advance notice. The chat help is fantastic and I have been very impressed with how quickly they have responded & helped. Their uptime is very good. Hostwinds control panels are easy to use and intuitive, as is their account and billing interface. As a result i will be using this company!

What do you dislike?

There were some problems with speed, it was a bit low, but it lasted not so long.

All in all, now it is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tech support was on the ball, the site was up as far as I could tell.

Good assistance with migrating files from my old web host (what a help that was!)

I was amazed at how fast their technical people reply to emails. And they're very helpful.

Hostwinds review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Reliable and trustworthy company! "

What do you like best?

I like the best at Hostwinds - their server stability and reliability! Using them I have not experienced any downtime, my websites are online for 24 hours. They load fast, I would say even faster than at many other companies. In terms of their pricing policy, it is simple and straightforward. Support is helpful indeed. I contact them even at night and they answer me fast and qualitatively. If I have a problem, they try to solve it as fast as possible and it is an indicator of their top-notch services. You know there are no many companies which may provide such level of delivering hosting services.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have cheaper services, it is a desire of any webmaster I think.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If yo need quality and low cost provider - Hostwinds is the right company to have a deal with.

using Hostwinds services, I have succeeded in the IT world significantly. I have a good income now and my websites is visited by many users. I ask them to help me and Hostwinds do it with no procrastination, I mean they provide their services in a webmaster-friendly manner.

Hostwinds review by Xavier H.
Xavier H.

"Hostwinds shared hosting service is good"

What do you like best?

Reliability is one of the best things that I'm looking for in a web host. I've tried a number of web hosts who promises to provide this, but I've experienced many of them failed. Finally, I've landed a true to its word reliable web host.

HostWinds is good one. I like their uptime, speed, features and helpful customer support - they work 24/7. There are no hidden charges as well with them. I really like their business web hosting approach and the fact that I can host more than one site on same hosting account.

Recommend these guys.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit high, but the quality is high as well. That's why nothing bad at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to contact them directly, they have very good and polite team of sales representatives who will explain you everything and advise the most suitable hosting solution for your needs. Also try to ask them to share discount coupons with you.

Nothing to complain about. My site is up, they helped me to install several apps. Great response.

Hostwinds review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Quality and reliable services ... what else should I desire more?! "

What do you like best?

Hostwinds services are reliable and great for me. I have been using epesi application and it works well on my side. This application is compatible with many browsers and Hostwinds makes its work easy and fast.

Their servers have no outages and their pricing policy is simple and everything is understandable for me. When I have a question, I put it and get the answer very fast, I may say even in no time. And it doesn't matter what time it is! And I have never faced the same level of services elsewhere. They have quality tech staff which is skillful and polite and fast and I like all these things much.

What do you dislike?

I can't say many words in terms of disliking as they work perfectly well for me. Maybe prices... I'd like to have hosting services cheaper and it's quite natural for any webmaster as it's a desire of any personal to have quality services cheaply and reliably.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is clear for me that hostwinds is good enough to run websites smoothly and reliably. They know they provide quality services in a webmaster-friendly manner and their support is always helpful around the clock and even at nights and they are a right company for those who are interested in succeeding in the sphere of IT services.

I do believe having a deal with such a reliable and decent hosting provider like Hostwinds, one can be sure his/her IT business is in the firm hands. There are no unexpected things with them. You know your websites have no downtime and network is stable and all works well.

Hostwinds review by Katharine B.
Katharine B.

"Recommend this decent web host to other webmasters"

What do you like best?

I'd like to say that I am satisfied using hostwinds hosting services. I use web application VidiScript for running my site. Pricing is quite reasonable. I also like their 1-Click App Installer with the help of which I have an opportunity to install 300+ popular apps. Everything works good. Service is unbelievable.

What do you dislike?

Well, I have nothing to comparison about. Hostwinds is a good solution for hosting any web site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer many payment options and I paid via Paypal. Now I have already transferred my other blogs to this decent host.

Customer/tech support team are always ready to help. They helped me with setup, it was really fast.

Hostwinds review by Christian K.
Christian K.

"Very stable and reliable hosting provider"

What do you like best?

In few words they are professional and really caters to what you need. So if your still trying to find an excellent host that will happily cater to your hosting needs, come and check Hostwinds out. I like this decent ssd web host.

What do you dislike?

Everything positive I've read about Hostwinds has turned out to be true. I can wholeheartedly recommend them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have availability of systems administrators and when I send them a support ticket, they respond very fast. If you have any questions, hostwinds techs are always ready to assist and solve your problems.

Since everything is always up, I don't have to waste time constantly submitting tickets. They mean business and they provide excellent service.

Hostwinds review by Truls P.
Truls P.

"Thoroughly recommended hosting to any online business or design agency."

What do you like best?

I would recommend this amazing service to anyone that is serious about hosting, design and getting their website noticed. The support is great, their techs have been there anytime I have had a question or needed help. My hat's off to hostwinds and their support.

What do you dislike?

Keep up the great work! Everything is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hostwinds packages include a full list of features that provide everything I need plus plenty of room for growth. Support is fast and effective.

Learning about Hostwinds?

* We monitor all Hostwinds reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.