Hotjar

All-in-one Analytics and Feedback.

Work for Hotjar?

Learning about Hotjar?

Hotjar Reviews

Ask Hotjar a Question
Showing 90 Hotjar reviews
Hotjar review by <span>Maria S.</span>
Maria S.
What do you like best?

I like the fact that it was very visual and that it gives you different options to view your visitors and how they seethe page.

It's quite detailed and I enjoy the fact that based on their input you can adapt the content on your website to make it more consumable

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can't know for sure if they arecapturing all the traffic on your website. Maybe it's a problem of our own website, but it seems to capture lots of "fake" users and doesn't capture real users that I know for a fact have visited the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend not being discouraged if it's not giving you the information you need. If it's not helping you directly with traffic, I bet at least it can help you with web and content design.

The biggest business problem it's helped us solve is the design of the website. We realised that people didn't scroll to the bottom and, they stopped reading content at certain points but they did click on links.

With information like this we have rearranged the website's design, putting the important content on the top and adding more links so they could move around.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hotjar
Hotjar review by <span>Christian E.</span>
Christian E.

Great Product AND Service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the combination of video capture and heat maps. I also really LOVE how accessible the team has been to my needs - always quick to respond to a chat or an email. There are other tools I plan to use but have not so far. I started with the free version for a client while consulting. This proved to be a great introduction to the product. When I went in-house at Qvinci, we had higher traffic volumes across our web properties so I began using the paid version. Both are great depending on the needs of the organization.

What do you dislike?

The amount of data gets HUGE after a dozen or so heatmaps and hundreds of videos. Somehow figure out how to trend these. As a consultant, I'm a one-man shop and with Qvinci, we are also pretty thin as most marketing departments tend to operate these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free version first. It's just as good for a small amount of data.

Understanding the User Experience on web properties. Interest in content based on scroll maps has been a huge benefit - no more guessing!

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Heat Maps solution do you use?

Hotjar review by <span>Brandon W.</span>
Brandon W.

I love hotjar!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

This product works and does exactly what it says it will do, a rare feature for saas companies these days. I've been using Hotjar for many years now and it seems like they keep rolling out features. As they have added additional features I've tried them all, and while I can't say I still use all of them I can say that they all do exactly what they say they are going to do, and do it well.

What do you dislike?

Hotjar has a hard time rendering my content for the heat maps. Sometimes the whole page wont show up due to a lazy load. It would be much more useful if I could see the entire webpage while viewing a heat maps and scroll maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Hotjar I'd recommend that you just install it and give it a shot. Its so easy to instal, and a lot of value is provided even in the free version. Its definitely worth the time investment if you have access to code injections.

We use Hotjar to see how our UX is working, and for continuous CRO. We install the free version of Hotjar on all the websites we create for our clients. This gives us the ability to prove our ROI, and suggest ongoing work that will benefit our clients, and their bottom line. Internally we use hotjar in combination with Google Optimize to A/B test our landing pages.

Hotjar review by <span>Joel K.</span>
Joel K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

HotJar does a little bit of everything: Heatmaps, recorded user sessions, form records... it's really valuable in determining how people are behaving on site and pinpointing issues I can help my clients fix. While I've used several competitors in the space, HotJar is the tool I keep coming back to on account of their diverse offering and fair price point.

What do you dislike?

CSS configuration can get mucky, and the inability to easily leave notes on videos on lower plan levels is really frustrating. In general, recorded session tagging and commenting could be easier and more robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HotJar is a fantastic tool with a diverse range of ways it can help you diagnose onsite issues and identify conversion gaps. While there are other competitors who are slightly cheaper, or who can go deeper on video analytics, HotJar is the perfect solution for the SMB, or even the enterprise team who doesn't want to fork over tens of thousands for a heavier solution.

I use HotJar to help my clients diagnose issues on their website that are hindering conversions. I use it during audits to identify common user behaviors and issues in things like landing pages, onboarding flows, sign up and more.

Hotjar review by <span>Thomas H.</span>
Thomas H.

Test Faster

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Heatmaps and Recordings can be set up in seconds, and then shared with the team using a link. With Hot Jar we can see where people are looking and engaging on our website, helping us get closer to our customers.

What do you dislike?

All of there Feedback tools are not as customizable as I would like. I'm hoping that they improve or open them up over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can sign up for a free trial and use Google Tag Manager to install the code on your site to test it out without involving engineering if you need proof of concept.

When running experiments in Optimizely we could see how a variation was performing based on click tracking and other metrics, but we had limited insight into how or why people were engaging with one variation over another. Now, we get a fuller picture of our customers and their motivations for engaging with our site. Helping us to fine tune our experiments and speeding up the review process so we can get more experiments out.

Hotjar review by <span>Esther W.</span>
Esther W.
What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and very affordable for the features you get. Visitor recordings and heatmaps are great tools to monitor user behaviour and interactions. The feedback and data gathered can provide great insights that will help you optimise your website.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to better customise survey targeting.

Hotjar only records a sample of users and therefore doesn’t capture all the data we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try – it’s a very useful tool and you can try the free version first to check it works for you.

Hotjar provides valuable insight into user behaviour. It allows us to identify issues and anywhere that users have trouble on our clients websites. We use the data to help fix bugs, optimise design and improve user experience.

Learning about Hotjar?

* We monitor all Hotjar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.