HotPads

HotPads.com is a map-based housing marketplace, allowing people to find their next place to live by location. Shoppers can search for rental homes, apartments, and homes for sale, and can view full descriptions, unlimited pictures, and get into direct contact with each housing provider.

Work for HotPads?

Learning about HotPads?

HotPads Reviews

Showing 12 HotPads reviews
HotPads review by <span>Allison P.</span>
Allison P.

Easy to Navigate for Rentals

What do you like best?

The easy to use features. This website allows my transferees to search for properties that are available in their area. They allow you to search for rentals and home purchase separately which is nice so you get only what you are looking for at one time. Very simple and straightforward and I never feel like I have any questions regarding my search.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't allow you to search by area (county, state etc) which would be helpful to use because if they're not familiar with the area, they may not know which city/town they would like to be in yet. Not too many search results come back for each city/state. I'm sure there is more available than what it can find, so I would just double check on this to make sure that you are getting the full scope.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a variety of websites to make sure your search covers all the bases. Some properties will only list on certain websites. That's why we provide our transferees different websites so it gives them a good idea of what's available.

Some of my transferees are only receiving a lump sum and we provide them with different rental websites to search for new places in their new location. This gives them different options and allows them to save their money on a realtor and do the searching themselves. I see that it creates a sense of independence with my transferees because they don't get benefits of a realtor assisting them so we try to get them all the possible solutions we can.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HotPads
HotPads review by <span>Kevan B.</span>
Kevan B.

Great for looking.

What do you like best?

This is a great website for maybe getting your name out there. But thats about it. It has a great interface for clients and lot of information.

What do you dislike?

It's very overcrowded. You are one of 1000's of agents featured on the website. And you often get questions from people who arent really looking for an agent but just wanting to get free advice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a limited budget for marketing make sure this is what you want to spend it on.

Its great to get your name out there and to have a really nice looking website to give to people. Also if you actually do get clients from it. Its a real nice way to have clients give you reviews on your service.

What Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Listing solution do you use?

HotPads review by <span>Kara P.</span>
Kara P.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

It's alright, but likely wouldn't be my first choice

What do you like best?

Being able to add and delete floor plans is very easy, as well us uploading and managing pictures.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I would have is that we don't get a whole lot of leads. We log in through hotpads to update our Zillow listings, and get very few leads from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you become familiar with hotpads, it can be easy to use, but you'll have to spend some time on it I think in order for it to be user friendly and for it to be beneficial for your company!

Trying to get units on the market rented in a timely manner!

HotPads review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

Hotpads in Chicago

What do you like best?

I loved user interface of hotpads. It was one of my favorite websites to use and was actually pretty fun to play on. Using the map view was ideal for me when searching. Have not found a website that I liked the UI more than Hotpads. It was the best out there.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if every opportunity was out there. I do remember somethings thinking that it's database was not as complete as a couple of the other ones. That might have changed recently though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This migt have changed, but more listings on the site might be helpful. I felt like there was a gap between hotpads and someother listing sites.

FInding properties in desired locations.

HotPads review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

It is easy to find the property in the map.

What do you like best?

Map features help to find out which house is available in the area.

What do you dislike?

Some agent/landlord doesn't have a contact information.

So it is hard to reach some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like to use HotPad because it gives me better idea where all available house is located.

It is easy to use and find the house the area where I am looking for it.

It is easy to identify an available house location because of the map feature.

HotPads review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

Easy to navigate software for advertising rentals

What do you like best?

Attractive website to post our listings and generate traffic for rental properties. Has great features like map navigation and pulling relevant information into listings, like nearby schools.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't provide much information on the individuals who apply to the property (no pre-screen options)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're listing properties in metro-Detroit, you'll need to use more than just this one platform. Best to use a syndicate.

Generating visibility for available rental properties

Learning about HotPads?

* We monitor all HotPads reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.