HotSchedules

HotSchedules is a global mobile solutions company providing innovative technology for the restaurant, retail and hospitality industries.

Work for HotSchedules?

Learning about HotSchedules?

HotSchedules Reviews

Showing 42 HotSchedules reviews
HotSchedules review by <span>Meghan W.</span>
Meghan W.

"I love Hotschedules"

What do you like best?

Hot Schedules is definitely the best way to schedule employees and to keep up with other coworkers and your bosses. You can switch with other people to get a better schedule, communicate with your bosses, and let them know when you need to schedule a day off!

What do you dislike?

The only problem is that when you are going to drop a shift and someone else picks it up, more than one person can pick it up at a time, so it confuses the people trying to pick it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your company switched to hot schedules as soon as possible! You will never have to deal with written schedules again, and your employees can switch shifts with each other so you won't have to be bothered! (Don't worry, you still have to confirm it in the app, but you wont have to do it in person.)

It's a much better way to make a schedule, keep up with who is and is not working for the day, and make changes to the schedule if necessary.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HotSchedules
HotSchedules review by <span>Ciara S.</span>
Ciara S.

"Never miss a shift again"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature on Hotschedules is the ability to recieve your schedule in several different forms. Not only do I have the app on my phone, but I also recieve text and email alerts when my schedule is released by management. This software also makes swapping and releasing shifts with coworkers a breeze. It is nice to have a feature that makes sure that shifts are approved by management before you are not responsible for the shift. This ensures that management knows who is responsible for the shift and you're not on the hook for a shift if the coworker doesnt show up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is very difficult for me to see out times for my shift. I do not know if this a setting that can be controlled by management, but on the website I can only see the out time for my shift coming up. On the app, I cannot see any out times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely buy the app! It is only around $2 and is completely worth the money to be able to see your schedule on the go!

This scheduling tool is very useful for communicating with management about my availabilty. The feature for changing availibility after a certain date is very useful for me as a college student, because management can know in advance my class schedule without me needing to go to work and speak to a manager.

What Restaurant Management solution do you use?

HotSchedules review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"The App and the Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Moving from a base scheduling platform to HotSchedules was a life saver. Being able to have team members download an app on there smart phone devices to be able to fully see the schedule, to post shifts, to communicate needs all in one place. Also while transferring systems the team at HotSchedules was amazing at teaching this new platform for our team.

What do you dislike?

The company I work with is working on a partnership to become more intergrated with HotSchedules to be able to sync the data better, but we are still not there. This will take a good amount of work on the back end to make it happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free classes to learn the software.

Scheduling and golbal awareness of needs are the big problem solvers. The benefits of employees having it on there smart phones and syncing within their calendars is the best creature feature.

HotSchedules review by <span>Katherine O.</span>
Katherine O.

"Perfect Software for your Restaurant Employees "

What do you like best?

This software makes accessing your schedule from multiple locations super easy. Not only can you access your schedules, you can also see messages from the staff, and swap shifts with a few simple clicks! I value that it has a corresponding app that is very user friendly. The age of many of our staff does not have a home computer, so being able to access it from their phones is key.

What do you dislike?

I think that the app should be free or that the cost of the app should be in included with the price the employer pays for the software. I had some feedback from employees that they do not wish to pay the (small) amount that the app on their phones cost to get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hot Schedules is a fantastic way to improve communication and schedule issues. I would Highly recommend at least giving it a try and see how successful it is in your company.

HotSchedules is great because it makes switching shifts much less hectic. It puts the responsibility on each individual because they have to accept any request instead of having multiple places where there is miscommunication. It solved many communication issues as far as time request off, shift swaps, and getting needed messages to the entire staff . We have also noticed employee attendance is much more prompt due to employees being able to access the app on their phones. This virtual makes it access from anywhere, which had improved promptness notably.

HotSchedules review by <span>Andrea L.</span>
Andrea L.

"Fantastic Scheduling Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that this application is so user friendly. Copying schedules week to week is so easy and I really think it elimates mistakes and saves a lot of time. I also like how quickly the messaging tool works, allowing me to communicate with my staff in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish screen resolution could be altered allowing you to see a full screen at one time when scheduling.

It saves so much time. In the hospitality industry time managment is so important and I really love how easy it is.

HotSchedules review by <span>Stefen  F.</span>
Stefen F.

"Easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

What I liked most about this software, when I used to use it, is that it was simple. It was easy to request off, to trade shifts, and to check your schedule.

What do you dislike?

What I didn't care for about HotSchedules was that the user interface was fairly bland. I'm sure they've made improvements by now since it's been a couple of years since I have used it. But at the time, it was just very basic.

Again, at the time, the software was perfect for scheduling employees and checking my, along with others', schedules. I felt the software was efficient in that respect.

HotSchedules review by <span>Corie B.</span>
Corie B.

"Hot Schedules"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage app, attention to detail, doesn't crash, makes communicating with fellow employees very easy

What do you dislike?

The website on a computer or phone (not using app) is difficult to navigate, occasionally shuts down making it difficult to know when you are scheduled

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app, it is worth the $3.99 and saves you a lot of trouble when figuring out schedules or switching shifts or communicating with managers and other employees.

Scheduling times, switching shifts, communicating with fellow employees

HotSchedules review by <span>Grant G.</span>
Grant G.

"Incredibly Easy Scheduling Tool"

What do you like best?

By far, this is one of the easiest web-based scheduling tools I’ve ever used. The fact that there is also a mobile app is a nice feature for my employees.

What do you dislike?

Not really much about HotSchedules to “dislike.”

Scheduling my employees is a breeze. Their feature that allows me to look back on previous years and budgets, is also helpful.

HotSchedules review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Easy, convenient, user friendly"

What do you like best?

Just how easy it is to access everything I need--whether that be accessing my schedule, messaging other employees or my bosses, or requesting days off. I love this software and would recommend it to anyone for a convenient scheduling software

What do you dislike?

To be quite honest I don't have any complaints about HotSchedules-- it's very simple to operate and is extremely user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You won't regret it

Sometimes it was difficult to initiate a swap shift with someone of the same day. We also wanted to release a shift but for a specific other employee and there is no feature for that. They finally added a feature and now it has made it much easier to use.

HotSchedules review by <span>Christine C.</span>
Christine C.

"Great Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

Using thi tool has been an incredible time saver for me and for my staff. Many of them work at different hotel locations, and sometimes I am not able to get to on-call servers as quick as I would like to, which means that they will go work for another hotel when I need them because they would think I didn't have shifts for them to pick-up.

This tool has allowed me to easily reach out to my on-callers to ensure they can grab shifts that work for them without me having to call each one and them what's available.

What do you dislike?

I have absolutely not complaints about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was the best staff decision I've made in a long time. I am also saving money because I do not have to pay a temp agency to provide servers. Don't wait to sign up - you will be so glad you did.

Because I've been able to use this tool, my on-callers can easily pick up shifts, manage their own schedules, and leaves me time to be on the floor focusing on guests. Because they can manager their schedules they are happier, and I can spend more time managing the guest experience.

HotSchedules review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Effortless & convient scheduling solutions"

What do you like best?

The cloud based formate. The ability for employees to really self-manage themselves and their schedule.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an auto approval method in which the manager would not have to go in and physically approve every schedule change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You guys are doing great and making such a change in the restaurant industry.

Takes the stress out of pencil and paper management. I am able to carry out from one week the next and make necessary changes then sit back and allow my staff to make additional changes as needed.

HotSchedules review by <span>Brittany C.</span>
Brittany C.

"HotSchedules Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use; I have the ability to easily message co-workers about swapping shifts.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Perhaps a way to hide your contact info so everybody isn't texting/calling about swapping shifts.

Easily gauge shift numbers, can swap shifts with co-workers

HotSchedules review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Efficient app"

What do you like best?

I like that the app allows you to do everything at the quick touch of a single button. Easy to give up and pick up shifts.

What do you dislike?

It took a while to get used to because there are new options such as switch shift that we haven’t worked with yet.

The benefits are exponential because my schedule is always at my finger tips and I can quickly request time off pick up a shift or give one up.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

It's been so easy to use. Love being able to drop and pickup shifts quickly.

What do you dislike?

Having to wait for approval meant that if I picked up a shift last minute and came to work I wasn't updated on the schedule and needed a special sign in.

Scheduling servers and messaging fellow employees. It makes connecting easy in a pinch (ex: hey will you pick up a shift for me? I have to take my son to the doctor). The app is easy to use too!

HotSchedules review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Very clunky interface, paid app"

What do you like best?

I like that it sends schedules to all of my staff

What do you dislike?

A paid app that employees have to pay for (at least at my location). Also has a tendency to create multiple accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their different locations can create some chaos when you have people working in more than one location.

Shows total hours per week and integrates with our labor manager to easily track how

HotSchedules review by User

"Horrible for viewing in browser"

What do you like best?

It’s relatively intuitive with how to use it on a Webbrowser

What do you dislike?

On a Webbrowser on a phone, you have to zoom in really far to see anything clearly, which makes usage difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the app, it makes it so you no longer have to zoom in

It makes scheduling and adjusting a schedule for employees really easy

HotSchedules review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Schedule ease for large staff"

What do you like best?

Hot schedules is easy to use, easy to sort by departments and accessible by all staff since no one is without a cell phone these days. Staff can make overall requests for days off but also easily switch shifts, which holds people accountable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface can be a bit slow. I also don't like seeing a larger snapshot of a full schedule without printing it for a physical copy.

The benefit I see most is employees switching shifts. They don't have to come to a manager or white something down and then forget. Its always noted in their phone or on their calendar.

HotSchedules review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Hot schedules was very functional and allowed us to more efficiently switch/pick up shifts."

What do you like best?

The feature that allows you to set not only days you CAN work, but also days you cannot.

What do you dislike?

Having to pay for an app vs. online usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tell employees they do not have to buy the app in order to use the product. It is "mobile" internet friendly.

It really eliminates the "middle man." Previously when servers needed to switch shifts both people would have to call in the store, speak to the appropriate manager, who was usually busy running the restaurant, and get it signed off right then and there. Now it eliminates all those funky time constraints and allows us to handle it when we have the time.

HotSchedules review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Hotschedules is Great!"

What do you like best?

From a management perspective, Hotschedules is really great and user friendly. I particularly liked how easy it was to have employees trade shifts amongst themselves and have it come through management for approval.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to be honest. Maybe the actual scheduling part was a little harder than it needed to be. There weren't as many functions to customize a schedule as I wish there was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's tough to make the schedules, but once they are made everything is sooo easy.

Managing a large employee group is a lot easier.

HotSchedules review by <span>Ali G.</span>
Ali G.

"Review of HotSchedules"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to pick up and drop shifts

What do you dislike?

You have to pay for the app, I don't have a choice, I have to use it, but it would be better if it was free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way for shift planning

It is definitely easy to use the app and figure out who is working when.

HotSchedules review by <span>Andrijana K.</span>
Andrijana K.

"Hotschedules - great app for modern restaurants "

What do you like best?

On Hotschedules I like how easy you can make schedule

What do you dislike?

On Hotschedules I dislike the fact that the phone app its not free and all of my workers need to pay the fee to download the app

I keep in touch with all of my coworkers on daily basic. Its fast and easy

HotSchedules review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Have used hotschedules at two restaurants where I worked as a host/server."

What do you like best?

It has an easy layout and is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. It has always served it's purpose well.

Makes it easy to swap/release shifts, can see who else you'll be working with. Makes communication easier with messaging.

HotSchedules review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Makes scheduling shifts much easier"

What do you like best?

The restaurant I worked at used to use paper schedules, but Hot Schedules made scheduling and picking up shifts so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app didn't cost money, but you can also simply access it through Safari on your iPhone, which is what I usually do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Access it on Safari rather than buying the app. It's honestly easier even than accessing it on my laptop.

I'm able to easily pickup and drop shifts and check my schedule.

HotSchedules review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great for large teams"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my schedule and swap shifts with co-workers or pick up open shifts.

What do you dislike?

Real-time updates are slow. Sometimes when trying to pick up a last-minute shift the update does not get to the manager in time. I have shown up for shift and management did not know I was working.

It takes the frustration out of scheduling for managers when they are busy. Employees can manage their own schedule and swap shifts without needing management involved.

User in Restaurants

"It has so many options you can do"

What do you like best?

Check your hours ,also get pay stubs just in case you need for any reason

What do you dislike?

Managers allowed to block days you need off if they're holidays you might still have something important to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good company to use so many options for your employees so they don't have to ask you for everything from scheduling to paystubs

Easy scheduling. I can swap someones schedule and they will get an email so no excuse

HotSchedules review by <span>Lindsey T. W.</span>
Lindsey T. W.

"Easy, accessible access for managers and team members"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use and multiple applications.

What do you dislike?

Some applications are hidden or difficult to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A terrific software for disseminating information to employees with an accessible, easy to use interface.

It is much easier to disseminate information to employers with an app like Hotschedules. Especially daily reports and team schedules.

HotSchedules review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"10/10 would hotschedule again"

What do you like best?

Hotschedules is the best app for restaurants

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is hard to schedule specific times I need off

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the text and email features to keep in the know

Scheduling and communications

HotSchedules review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A convenient way to make, share and edit schedules "

What do you like best?

I like the usefulness of all the employees being able to see the schedule when it comes out from any device, and how easy it is to give up, or pick up shifts and get it approved by a manager.

What do you dislike?

I think it’s mobile website could use some updates.

It’s really nice to have everyone on the same page and be able to hold people more accountable for the shifts they pick up.

"Hot schedules"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand. The interface is sleek and employees easily picked up how to use it. The main pages showed the needed information.

What do you dislike?

Not fully compatible on mobile, and the mobile app had some bugs in it still.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily accessible on mobile websites

Hot schedules allowed my staff to easily see their schedules and request time off. I was also able to create the staff schedule in this platform

"HotSchedules review "

What do you like best?

Seeing who else works or doesn’t work on a given day

What do you dislike?

Some functions on the application that can be confusing.

Ease of receiving my schedule for the week.

HotSchedules review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Hot Schedules "

What do you like best?

Ability to see who is working each day. Easy to submit PTO requests. Contact numbers listed for coworkers.

What do you dislike?

Within the app, you are generally unable to see the extended schedule for several weeks.

Ease of trading shifts among employees. Always know who is covering a shift.

"HotSchedules"

What do you like best?

Ease to construct schedule. Ability to create schedule for restaurant's different departments.

What do you dislike?

When I print the schedule it doesn't show employees availability and requests.

Schedule needs on different restaurant departments.

HotSchedules review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"HotSchedules makes everything easy! "

What do you like best?

Shifts and inventory and all coworker communication

What do you dislike?

Late or delayed notifications going into the email

Schedules, communication and shifts

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and see your schedule and request time off

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There’s nothing not to like about it

None

HotSchedules review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Idea, good implementation"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, self explanatory, a good tool with the digitization of the workforce. Actually kind of fun to use - you feel like you're part of a legitimate team.

What do you dislike?

Slow. It's easy to use but the interface seems outdated. The mobile app and site need work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you double check with your supervisor before any scheduled changes.

Schedule and shift changes made easy. A step forward in the digital workforce.

HotSchedules review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Hotschedules"

What do you like best?

Easily accessible, easy to use, real time information

What do you dislike?

Emails are annoying... choosing recipient, attachments, sending

Scheduling

"Wonderful!"

What do you like best?

The ease of changing schedules, viewing schedules, and planning.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t anything I dislike. Could provide more options for manager & supervisor contact I suppose. Or perhaps having tiered levels of servers to make strong & weaker servers able to swap amongst themselves before between strengths

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Scheduling! So much easier!

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Could access from anywhere, easy to use and get info to my staff.

What do you dislike?

Using screens on 5.5 smartphone was difficult with my eyesight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful and over well designed.

Labor management was a pleasure, being able to integrate daily sales in real time to ID exactly where we could save without impacting service.

HotSchedules review by User

"Easy enough to navagate"

What do you like best?

We used Hot schedules in the restaurant biz and it was so easy to use as a server

What do you dislike?

I never had an issue with the program itself

Hot schedules made it easy to access shifts and pick up shifts without having to do a whole lot

User in Restaurants

"Concept is great, UI not user friendly"

What do you like best?

The concept of the platform is great! And I think it could get better with time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the user interface and it can be confusing to team members.

We are able to better schedule our employees

"super easy"

What do you like best?

copy paste, forecast setup with company expectations

What do you dislike?

minor function of entering in and out times

Recommendations to others considering the product

We need opportunity to write notes explaining some schedule directives, otherwise, its a great tool!

multi platform. I can look at messages on my phone, while doing schedules on my PC.

User in Restaurants

"HotSchedules makes scheduling more efficient. "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is all computerized and employees are able to input their own requests.

What do you dislike?

With all technology, there are some flaws. Sometimes there are errors made by employees.

HotSchedules definitely makes scheduling less time consuming.

Learning about HotSchedules?

* We monitor all HotSchedules reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.