HouseCall Pro

HouseCall Pro

The premier all-in-one field service management and CRM marketing tool for service professionals

Work for HouseCall Pro?

Learning about HouseCall Pro?

HouseCall Pro Reviews

Ask HouseCall Pro a Question
Showing 44 HouseCall Pro reviews
HouseCall Pro review by <span>Candace P.</span>
Candace P.

"HouseCall Pro "

What do you like best?

I feel like when I am speaking with a customer there is a flow to asking the questions. And I like how packages of services and pricing can be listed and added easily.

What do you dislike?

I have found it difficult to edit any information in HouseCall Pro. When a customer calls in to update information it often reverts back to the old address. We don't want to create new customer profiles so this can cause a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Housecall Pro does not block out times very well. If you are needing very distinct times blocked out this may not be the software for you. But if you are a carpet/window cleaner or in the business like that its a pretty good software for the price.

It stores customer information easily. It is also very helpful to see what "stage" a job is in. We have a few clients we schedule for that use HouseCall pro and is fairly easy to find a client and schedule/reschedule/cancel their appointments. Editing is really my only issue with it

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HouseCall Pro
HouseCall Pro review by <span>Isaac H.</span>
Isaac H.

"This software will change your service business"

What do you like best?

Hands down, the customer service from the Housecall Pro team. Don't get me wrong, the software is great and has literally changed the way we do business (service plumbing), but the best part is that the Housecall Pro team has our back. When I have a question or see something I want to change, I can chat with someone on the team and get it figured out within minutes.

My second favorite feature is automated communication. From text notifications to email reminders, our customers are never left in the dark. They know who is coming, when they are arriving and when we're finished, and who we are long after we're gone. The follow-up email campaigns have allows us to request reviews and get feedback from customers, and we'll often hear from customers weeks and months after a service call due to these simple set-and-forget campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about Housecall Pro. If I had to come up with something, it would be the lack of customization in a few areas. There are some automatic emails and text messages which I can't rewrite. Even this has been changing, though, as I see more control being added on a weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy and use this software. Go all in - it's worth the disruption of your current systems to get this level of consistency and convenience.

Before Housecall Pro, we were scheduling with Google Calendar. Customers would call in, we would work out a day and time, and the appointment would be added to the calendar. This resulted in regular miscommunication, some missed calls, and overall untrackable job history. Housecall Pro has completely transformed our scheduling process with online booking, text and email confirmations, On-The-Way customer notifications, and technician reminders within the app. We've also seen increased customer reviews thanks to the automated emails, and overall customer satisfaction seems to be up as communication has improved overall.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

HouseCall Pro review by <span>Ben B.</span>
Ben B.

"Great app with a few missing features"

What do you like best?

The app is extremely mobile friendly. The customer service team is great. What I like best is how easy it is to navigate and use. I can schedule a job in the mobile app in a matter of seconds. This app works better than all the others which I have tried.

What do you dislike?

The app is great but has a few missing features such as separate terms for estimates and invoices, the ability to label an estimate as a proposal/contract, set customer billing terms and due dates, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a contractor and have a small business and want a reliable CRM to run your business, HCP is a great option.

No longer need to write invoices manually which saves the double data entry. Also, the back end abilities such as customer notifications when we are en route and when the job is complete results in better customer service.

HouseCall Pro review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"OK for small mom and pops, but it's very limited."

What do you like best?

Dispatching and notification capabilities. Birds eye calendar view of which installers were scheduled for which date/time.

What do you dislike?

I have a seasonal/holiday lighting business and my installers were struggling using the app, not sure when to close out an estimate if it did not sell (even after going through tutorials and training)... I received many comments on its 'clunkiness'.

As a business owner, I was surprised it did not have an API that I could use to integrate with other apps (which is a common standard these days). I also had no way of tracking online conversions into Google Analytics (we use their landing page that has their form for self-booked appointments, but no way to trigger a conversion in GA - when I asked Support about simple conversion tracking it was like I was speaking Greek).

We also had an issue where the admin email address could not be an alias (e.g. team@company.com) as their server saw this as a bad thing and would refuse to send us email to that address...When I asked, I was told they have 99% deliverability and that it is on our side. This forced me to use a single mailbox as an admin email in order to receive their email notifications...

When I tried to export to a CSV, instead of providing me the CSV instantly, I had to wait for them to send me an email (which seemed odd as the file is so small... the email notification did not work one weekend due to what I mentioned above, and their after hours support team was clueless, so that delayed my operations during a peak time for me).

We were trying to book Christmas light installers on the first call and see their availability.

HouseCall Pro review by <span>matthew m.</span>
matthew m.

"Workable software with a few drawbacks."

What do you like best?

Multiple iterations for one job means that we could track each visit to a clients house to see how many visits it took to solve a problem and investigate what is causing failed visits. It also kept all of the notes and pictures in the progression so that each technician can research what has been done in the past.

Job attachments made it easy to document what was performed and the issues encountered on each visit. The process for adding pictures is easy.

tracking what is paid on the calendar view was very nice. I liked to look at the week and see which jobs were still waiting on payments.

What do you dislike?

The calendar other than the benefit above is a train wreck. It always defaults to a view that isn't very useful. Adding something or moving something in the calendar takes a ridiculous amount of clicks.

There are very few integrations.

Contact import is buggy.

Geolocation aware job clock in and out should be part of the package.

Customer support is not very helpful.

The speed of the website is often painfully slow.

The lack of task management in the system allows items to fall through the cracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you want to use this software for and realize that if something that you are wanting is not included such as task management, there really is not a path to integrate something else seamlessly. Make sure that this one software package does almost everything you are looking for and put it to the test in the trial period to make sure it all works are you want it to, specifically online scheduling and the calendar.

Scheduling and job tracking is the reason that we used housecall. I think it does each of them ok, but there were a few pieces missing that really held back the softwares potential.

HouseCall Pro review by <span>Cassandra B.</span>
Cassandra B.

"Excellent Work Order Management System"

What do you like best?

I've been using HouseCall for quite some time now, and they have been adding many useful features to the platform. Providing the ability to have our customers add an application to find and book us quickly and easily is probably my favorite feature, however there are many more. Scheduling and dispatching the crews to a work order is easy and the mobile app for the crews to use to document their work orders is also very user friendly and quick.

What do you dislike?

1. I wish there was better time tracking reports, and a report to show which invoices have been sent to the customer and which haven't. Currently I have to click on each work order to ensure the invoice was sent, which is time consuming. However I did see there have been some recent upgrades to reporting, so maybe it's there now.

2. Our crews have to submit multiple pictures with each work order completion and currently they can add pics in the app, but they can only add them one at a time and it's very very slow and takes too much time in the field. So currently they have to send them to the office for upload to the work order, but that is also slow because it wont let us upload multiple at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system, easy to use and manages work orders well.

Our work orders have been better organized and without stacks of paper! Great tool at a very affordable cost.

Learn more about HouseCall Pro

HouseCall Pro Videos

Learning about HouseCall Pro?

* We monitor all HouseCall Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.