HP Firewall

The latest state-of-the-art multicore CPU platform and with advanced hardware acceleration, the HP Firewall Series enables advanced scalable network protection

Work for HP Firewall?

Showing 9 HP reviews
HP review by <span>Sheri S.</span>
Sheri S.

HP FIrewall offers security & peace of mind

What do you like best?

I like that HP Firewall runs in the background without impacting what I am doing on my computer. It does not slow things down. I don't even know it is there unless it detects a threat. When it does, it works its magic automatically without requiring effort and decisionmaking on my part or on the part of my employees. HP FIrewall is like a sentry. It is always there and always on duty.

What do you dislike?

I am not tech or computer savvy enough to assess he HP Firewall's less than fabulous characteristics, whatever they may be. My IT guy likes it and recommends it and that's good enough for me. I guess if I had to say anything in this regard, I would have to say that, like just about every other security feature, it is not 100% foolproof. Clearly, as new threats are developed, HP Firewall has to be updated as well. It seems like it is a constant battle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to your IT person. Ask if HP Firewall is right for you. If it is, get it and use it.

I feel that HP Firewall provides a layer of safety and security which I genuinely appreciate in this day and age of devastating threats against our computer equipment and data. Because of that, I worry less. It is important in my business for my information to be protected against disclosure and the threat of unauthorized access.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HP Firewall
HP review by User in Higher Education

I have not had any issues and it functions just fine for us.

What do you like best?

I think it is fairly user friendly and it does not seem to slow down user traffic like some other products we have used. It does not come close to the 40Gbps that it claims, but we do not see any lag in our department.

What do you dislike?

The ASPF seems to lag at times. It will occasionally not respond at all and I am not well versed on getting specific apps to work through it when it does not prompt.

We try to maintain specific security for our patients when using an online portal to access or register patient information.

What Firewall solution do you use?

HP review by <span>Marc J.</span>
Marc J.

Use HP firewall on all my PC work computers

What do you like best?

Been using HP firewall for a over 1 year. Was recommended by our former IT admin. Seems to be helping a lot with virus and malware, keeping your important data safe. Have installed/activated it on all 5 PC I use daily @ work.

What do you dislike?

Had some minor issues with some instrument communication. Updates sometimes troublesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does the job very efficiently. Better than lots of other firewalls out there.

Protecting work computers. Keeping confidential data safe.

HP review by <span>Tamer D.</span>
Tamer D.

HP Firewall Review

What do you like best?

This has been the absolute best firewall protection I have ever used. The best part about the HP Firewall is the ability to customize the firewall to allow and deny specific traffic. Typically, other programs have a list of traffic and url's that are automatically blocked without giving me the ability to edit this list. Now with HP firewall, everything is customizable.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about the firewall. I suppose the only thing I would change is the interface. Currently, unless you are computer savvy, it may be a little difficult to customize some of the traffic parameters to allow/deny some traffic. Otherwise, the set-up and execution work for my needs.

I use it to restrict and allow certian traffic from reaching our servers. As opposed to other Firewall programs, this one allows full customization that allow me the freedom to choose what traffic to send through and which traffic to reject. It has made life, and security, much much better.

HP review by <span>lauren j.</span>
lauren j.

Secure

What do you like best?

Hp firewall keeps our company computers secure and safe.

What do you dislike?

Most firewalls do take time to scan all files, regardless it is decent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None , works as should

We are solving malware issues which have kept our computers running well.

HP review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

Works great!

What do you like best?

It keeps me protected from virus. As I work from home this is important to my job!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about it. It is made to help. Just keep it turned on.

I work from hone and have to keep my system clean from incoming harmful traffic. So my system works properly.

Learning about HP Firewall?

* We monitor all HP Firewall reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare HP Firewall to Similar Solutions