Hubdoc

Your key financial docs in one place. Automatically.

Work for Hubdoc?

Ask Hubdoc a Question
Showing 10 Hubdoc reviews
Hubdoc review by <span>Jessica F.</span>
Jessica F.

Good tool to improve efficiency and become audit proof

What do you like best?

Automatic account syncs, ability to add files through email or app. Integration with QuickBooks, Xero, several cloud storage services and more. This is a great tool for business to digitize their filing and organize their important documents. With the QuickBooks integration, you are able to attach invoices and receipts to transactions so you will be ready if an audit comes.

What do you dislike?

Price, I wish that there was a limited free or cheaper plan available as a lot of my clients are price conscious and they refuse to sign up because they are turned off by the price tag. It needs the ability to add user restrictions or limit them to view-only, right now all users have full access. The user interface isn't always intuitive, while there are good tutorials available, it's not easy for a user to figure out as they go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial to familiarize yourself with the features and make sure that it's a good fit for you.

Organizing, filing and backup up important financial documents securely. I recommend it to my clients since I work virtually on the cloud, I am able to access their statements and documents without having need for access to their accounts and they don't have to waste time and be bothered to send them to me every months.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hubdoc
Hubdoc review by <span>Vickey B.</span>
Vickey B.

Hubdoc Works Well But Not for Smaller Banks

What do you like best?

For capturing receipts and even integration with QBO...it is great! I own a bookkeeping company and it is works very well for obtaining information from my clients to assign transactions. The tag feature is another helpful tool for my clients to let me know how to assign their expenses.

What do you dislike?

I work with small to medium churches and only one has a bank that Hubdocs will "fetch" bank statements for AND despite repeated contacts with their support...Hubdoc only fetches ONE of their 3 bank statements...which was the main reason I pay the high monthly fee for that particular client as they are not in QBO =(

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Hubdoc, especially to bookkeeping firm owners, but be aware that there are not very many "small town" banks that they can "fetch" bank statements for...so if that is one of the main features you are looking for...try the trial first.

It works well with helping my bookkeeping firm assign expenses as the client can "tag' which expense account the receipts or invoices should be assigned to. It also works well for collecting and organizing client receipts. I think the monthly fee is high for each client...but in some instances...it is worth every penny!

What Other Finance & Admin. solution do you use?

Hubdoc review by <span>Angel A.</span>
Angel A.

The Greatest Repository EVER

What do you like best?

The integration with our accounting system Xero and Bill.com. I also like the customer service and our trainer that is available whenever we have questions.

What do you dislike?

When adding access for a client, they have the same access to documents as we (the accounting firm) has. It would be nice to give the client download only or view only access.

We find that there are some smaller banks and vendors that HubDoc does not currently have a relationship with thus we have to log into those accounts individually in order to pull statements for our clients.

Hubdoc review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

Hubdoc is THE app for my business!

What do you like best?

It allows me to work with my clients remotely and in real time! It helps me keep them compliant in case of an audit and operates as an employee for my company. I've tripled my business because of Hubdoc and how it integrates with QBO

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more user permissions, audit trail, and a nicer dashboard, but those things are hard to complain about because I love everything else so much!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software that is like a virtual filing system! It fetches statements so you don't have to ask your client! It allows them to upload and email in their bills and receipts. You can process them and push them over to QBO so that your source documents are tied to the transaction!

Hubdoc has helped me go paperless! My clients love how easy it is to use!

Hubdoc review by Administrator

Easy to use for both me and my clients!

What do you like best?

I love that my clients can forward/email their receipts to Hubdoc. It's so easy for them. Plus the app is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a timestamp on the documents when they arrive. I also wish you can see how it was uploaded (i.e. a username from the app, the email address it was sent from,etc). These pieces of info can be critical and I've had to drop Hubdoc from certain clients because it was missing these key features.

Hubdoc provdies a user-friendly way for clients to get me their documents efficiently. I don't have many clients whose bank will work directly with Hubdoc, but the few accounts I can connect directly save me a ton of time.

Hubdoc review by <span>Sara V.</span>
Sara V.

Smooth integration

What do you like best?

Hubdoc does a great job downloading necessary documents and uploading them to your accounting software. It saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

It does not connect to every bank/credit union.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give Hubdoc a try. They are adding new banks/credit cards everyday - so if yours is not on the list it hopefully will be soon! They also offer unlimited storage of your documents.

Collecting documents from bookkeeping/accounting clients.

Learning about Hubdoc?

* We monitor all Hubdoc reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Hubdoc to Similar Solutions