HubSpot Academy

HubSpot Academy is an inbound marketing and sales education platform.

Work for HubSpot Academy?

Learning about HubSpot Academy?

HubSpot Academy Reviews

Ask HubSpot Academy a Question
Showing 76 HubSpot Academy reviews
HubSpot Academy review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.

Fantastic Online Training - Works in training our Dinosaur Employees through Millennials!

What do you like best?

It's broken down simply without feeling condescending to anyone using the products for the first time. Even super complicated tasks in departments you may not be completely comfortable with, the training is simplified enough to move from task to task quickly and still feel like you're grasping new concepts well. What's better is you can take a break, put the videos on pause or back them up, and pick up exactly where you need to be.

What do you dislike?

Your progress is tracked. This may not matter to some people but I came into our subscription with a good knowledge base so when I find my progress board and I'm missing a lot of the "certifications" or I see them "half-completed" although I'm the administrator for our company, it knocks my ego. This has absolutely nothing to do with HubSpot lacking in any way, just a personal inability to cope with my own pride.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Huzzah! Keep up the good work!

We recently launched an internal training system for new employees/continuous training for current employees. Instead of trying to create training from scratch, we have been able to redirect to HubSpot training videos and have them complete what they need to know per department.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HubSpot Academy
HubSpot Academy review by <span>Kelsi C. F.</span>
Kelsi C. F.

Training Made Easy

What do you like best?

I don't have to spend money to send my team to a training class. This is tailored to software we used every day and also expands my teams knowledge about marketing practices.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a pre-test for sections so I can judge what my team knows. I hate having them do lessons they don't need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to develop a sales and marketing team, this works best as a training for team members that may have some sales or marketing background but could use more tools to increase efficiency. It's worth the cost to have everyone on the same page.

When training a new team member, I can use the Hubspot Academy to help them set goals based on what lessons they are working on. It's become easier to see sales growth when I can monitor where they are with training and what tolls they implement.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

HubSpot Academy review by <span>Devyn B.</span>
Devyn B.

Game Changer

What do you like best?

These certifications are so in-depth and current. There is a wealth of knowledge segmented to help sales and marketing professionals update their strategy and tactics to be as effective as possible in this era of social media and email overload. What I like best is the fact that I have significantly increased my earning potential since I have gotten the certifications and started using the software. 10/10

What do you dislike?

The only negative I have is the fact that I can't make the videos play at 300% speed. 150% isn't bad, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the certifications whether you use the software or not. (They are free)

I am a better marketer now. There were many practices I had learned over the years, but HubSpot did a deep dive into the "why" behind my actions during its certifications. The entire process was both validating yet eye-opening at the same time.

We are successfully segmenting our audience for marketing and sales purposes. Our sales and marketing teams' communication has drastically increased. Our bandwidth has increased as a number of menial tasks are now automated. People from around the country are calling me to pick my brain about HS and how they can be better at inbound marketing.

HubSpot Academy review by <span>Matthew H.</span>
Matthew H.

Fast, Simple Certification

What do you like best?

HubSpot Academy is a fantastic place to learn about modern marketing, and one of the best platforms on the internet. The Certification courses are easy to understand, and can usually be completed in a few hours (depending on the course). Honestly, if you are in Marketing at all (even just a little) there is no reason to skip the certifications. The knowledge you'll gain is incredibly valuable, and even you already knew it all, the actual certification looks great on a resume.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finding your way back to where you last were can be a bit confusing, but it's never overwhelming. Logging in can also be a bit cumbersome if you're attempting to go in through the main site. I found it easiest to log into my portal and proceed to the Learning Center from there. I also wish it was all free, but that's a pipe dream I'm sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free courses! The certifications look great on your resume and it really is easy to pick up and learn! Also make sure you create a free account and get familiar with the software.

The number one problem this solves is lack of knowledge! If you're in Marketing, there's no reason you shouldn't have several of these certifications (the free ones at least) to your name. This has provided the training necessary so that your sales team can assist new clients in making the right marketing decisions.

HubSpot Academy review by <span>Elise Karlsen B.</span>
Elise Karlsen B.

Having the certifications is a necessity when doing inbound

What do you like best?

Next to the fact that what you learn at HubSpot Academy is a necessity when working with inbound marketing, my favorite thing about the Academy courses is how user friendly the whole experience is. You can fast forward, slow down, tak a short quiz or download more resources when needed. You don't just take a certification – you really learn something.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes the questions could have more than one right answer, depending on the situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about getting into inbound marketing, you definitely should put off time to do the certifications. Start with the inbound marketing certification. Also, if you are applying for jobs within digital marketing, having inbound marketing knowledge is gold.

It makes my job easier, as everything I do is related to inbound marketing and I work with the HubSpot software all day every day. Also, when clients take the certifications, it is much easier to work together, as they have a better understanding of the inbound marketing methodology and HubSpot software. We recommend all our clients to take these two certifications.

HubSpot Academy review by <span>John S.</span>
John S.

HubSpot Academy changed the way I do Inbound marketing.

What do you like best?

I created my company from scratch utilizing (bootstrapped) Inbound marketing, meaning I used many different (non-integrated) tools like email software, crm, blogging platform, landing pages etc.... I was familiar with HubSpot, but I wasn't using it. From the HubSpot academy I learned highly detailed strategies on understanding personas and building effective funnels. I became Inbound certified, Inbound Sales certified and content marketing certified. The content was so good that I quickly reached out to many of the trainers I learned from and created a three part Inbound series on my podcast where I interviewed HubSpot people like Justin Champion, Angela Hicks, Brian Signorelli, Mark Kilens and Meghan Keaney Anderson as well as some of the HubSpot partners,

It was my highest rated podcasts of all time the results I received made me evaluate my whole podcast strategy and now I’m rebuilding it. My point here is that the academy was so good that it didn’t just entice me to buy the HubSpot software. It changed how I look at everything I do when I create content. It didn’t just change the software I use for marketing automation, it fundamentally changed me and the way I view marketing as a whole.

Recently I started mentoring startups at Techstars and for them I don’t just passively recommend the Hubspot Academy, I make it a requirement.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was more content for me to consume and that there was a podcast/audio book series that I could consume while i'm commuting and/or exercising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's vital to use HubSpot academy whether you decide to implement a marketing automation software or not. The knowledge you'll gain from the academy content is the best content out there. I can't believe it's free.

I want to be remarkable with my marketing efforts and the academy taught me the intricacies of doing so.

Learning about HubSpot Academy?

* We monitor all HubSpot Academy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.