Do you work for HubSpot Academy?

HubSpot Academy Reviews

1-50 of 109 total HubSpot Academy reviews

HubSpot Academy Reviews

1-50 of 109 total HubSpot Academy reviews
HubSpot Academy review by Alirio Rubén R.
Gerente de Mercadeo

"Learn with Hubspot to squeeze Hubspot"

What do you like best?

Hubspot is increasingly present in organizations that want to resize their digital marketing strategies and relationships with customers. Basically, Hubspot offers three technological platforms that offer the necessary support for companies to manage, more efficiently, their sales actions, relationship with the user and marketing.

Being a complex technological platform, but without neglecting its great usability, Hubspot is concerned with the training of its users. Hence the idea of ​​Hubspot Academy, a platform for training in the products offered by the company, founded at the Technological Institute of Maassachusetts in 2006.

Through Hubspot Academy you access the necessary training so that you get the most out of the Hibspot tool in any of your presentations. In addition, they offer tips and clues to carry out a better marketing and sales strategy, with adapted concepts that are very easy to apply and to the current world.

Best of all, it's free! Yes, the training is free, in some cases you would have to be a user of your products in order to obtain certification, but even without being a paid user, they offer the possibility of consulting and certifying you on some of the topics they propose.

The classes are in videos, given by professionals who work in Hubspot, who have the arduous task of facilitating the use of their tools to all their users. All are in English, some in Spanish, however, you can activate the subtitles and even the simultaneous translation of the subtitles.

The platform also performs tests of knowledge verification and, in some cases, once the content and tests are complete, you receive a valid certificate for one year.

100% recommended for users of Hubspot solutions or who want to learn more about sales, relationship with users and digital marketing.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say that I do not like is that some of the certifications require you to be a user of the payment plans to be able to perform the verification exams. However, it is completely understandable since the Hubspot business is precisely selling its solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the Hubspot Academy courses before you start using the platform. It is the simplest way to get the most out of your investment.

The main problem that it solves is to diminish the learning curve of the new clients that access their platform. In addition, they maximize the use of all the tools they offer. In my company, for example, we conducted a review session of Hubspot Academy content with the entire sales and marketing team. This led us to fully understand the operation of Hubspot, make the most of the investment made by the company when buying the platform and, most importantly, improve the results of both teams through the efficient use of the tool.

HubSpot Academy review by Jackie Lee Choon Yau c.
Chairman & Group CEO

"Always be Learning ..."

What do you like best?

The Academy really plugs my gap in my continual executive digital training for my consultants, account managers and service folks. The curriculum is both updated and well thought thru. Keep up the kick ass stuffs.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing much to dislike. If i must really pinpoint, it will have to be the lack of swags rewards to encourage participants on their learning journey (simple stickers to reflect their latest knowledge will really be good topics starters among colleagues) and also some course required paid access. That can be a turn off for pure learners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have them (as many stakeholders) go thru at least the Inbound Methodology and Inbound Marketing 1st before they consider. If they are going to embark, budget at least 15% of each employees time to

The sales and marketing alignment and tracking the leads across the flywheel. Basically, to unsuck the executives' worklife and improve the time spent on thinking rather that data entry and tracking to data entry kind of lower value tasks.

HubSpot Academy review by Jenny S.
Sr. Compliance Strategist
Management Consulting

"A great resource for expanding your knowledge "

What do you like best?

HubSpot Academy is always adding additional learning tracks to help you become better at your job. I like that their training is made up of videos and articles. I also really like that they provide courses that are certified and recognized.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don’t really like is HubSpot has recently changed the view so I don’t think it is nearly as easy to find the academy. So any time I want to do training, I usually just type it into Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great resource for you or for you company to learn about changes happening in the sales and marketing you need to try HubSpot Academy. There are so many different learning tracks to explore so if you have someone that is just beginning their career in sales this would be an awesome fit. But if you have someone that has been doing sales for year this could be so beneficial for them as well because HubSpot is always teaching about how things are now. They are always adding and updating the information that they provide. FREE of charge!

The education through the academy is free, which is a huge benefit for me and our company. The trainings relate back to the services HubSpot offers but they can be useful for those that don’t use HubSpot but are looking at ways to increase their knowledge on sales, marketing and CRMs.

HubSpot Academy review by Jennifer Z.
Social Media Specialist

"Thankful for HubSpot Academy"

What do you like best?

I really liked when the videos were short, like 7 minutes or less. They seemed easier to comprehend.

In addition, it was smart to have different speakers for the videos because it represented the different voices of people who work within social media.

Lastly, I liked taking the quizzes after each lesson because they kept me focused.

What do you dislike?

I disliked videos that were over 7 minutes because after that time, things started to get muddled together. It felt like too much information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great resource! Try it out and see for yourself.

I am currently using the things I learned in the social media course to help me work on calculating ROI. I also realized that the main benefit of taking this course was reinforcing the principals that came innately with being a social media content creator.

HubSpot Academy review by Marc Gabriel A.
Client Success Manager

"Amazing resource for marketing/sales pros at any stage of your career"

What do you like best?

HubSpot Academy is unique in that it's a free resource online where people of all levels of experience and skill can learn, add certifications to their resume, and grow. They set out to build the best resource on the internet for learning about marketing and sales, and they might have actually done it. When I'm interviewing a candidate for a marketing position, I'm more impressed when they list HS Academy certs than if they list coursework they took in a business school program.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't always perfect, but that's honestly a minor flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the time investment to recommend for your team. There are only so many free resources out there to help your team level up. At our company, it's a requirement for onboarding.

I've learned a ton about marketing from HS Academy. The best thing I've done with it though is recommend it to young aspiring marketers looking to build their resume.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Marc!

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review, we really appreciate your feedback!

It's great to hear how much value you feel people can get out of HubSpot academy - especially that you consider Academy classes to be more impressive than business school classes!

As far as room for improvement, I would love to hear if you have any specifics ideas on how the user interface could be improved. If you are open to continuing the conversation we would love to hear from you at reviews@hubspot.com

Thank you again for the nice review Marc!

HubSpot Academy review by Chris G.
Inbound Marketing, Sales Enablement and CRM Implementation for growing businesses

"Great content, great delivery and genuinely useful!!"

What do you like best?

The fact that there is always something new to learn. I started out with the Inbound Certification and over the last two years have made my way through the full set. Using the Academy has given me the knowledge and tools to get better and better at my job, gain new customers and really understand the Inbound ecosystem. the other thing is how responsive and helpful the Academy team are!!

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of any downside!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The academy is great whether you are using Hubspot or not! The principals of Inbound will help you take your sales, marketing and customer service to the next level.

I'm in sales and learning about marketing, web design and customer care from the Academy has really boosted my knowledge and helped me to make myself into an expert in what we do and help my customers and prospects to make the right decisions for their businesses.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Chris!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - it's great for us to hear about your specific perspective in using HubSpot Academy!

I'm so happy to hear how helpful our certifications have been to your work - it is wonderful to hear they have helped you gain new customers!

Since you have been through the whole set of our lessons I would love to hear if there are certain others you feel are missing or would love to learn more about!

If you are interested in continuing the conversation please feel free to reach out to us at reviews@hubspot.com and we would really appreciate hearing your thoughts!

Thank you again for the nice review Chris!

HubSpot Academy review by Chris S.
Senior Digital Sales Analyst
Computer & Network Security

"Excellent Marketing/Sales Training (and the Price is Right!)"

What do you like best?

The videos, quizzes, study guides, and exams make it easy to master the material being presented and the wide range of certification and other courses available enable the user to learn what's most relevant to him/her. And it's all free!

What do you dislike?

The Sales Enablement Certification course is a bit different from the other three certifications I earned (Inbound, HubSpot Marketing Software, and Email Marketing) in that the quizzes and exam are fairly easy comparatively and the course contains a majority of content from interviews with subject matter experts and practitioners, rather than content directly from HubSpot Academy. I found the other two certifications to be more satisfyingly challenging and, while the interviews made the videos very interesting and engaging, I wonder if some of the teaching was lost because it depended on what the interviewees said vs. what HubSpot Academy would have taught.

Learning more about marketing, specifically inbound marketing and the HubSpot platform itself, was the objective and the learnings from these certifications have been immediately beneficial and possible to implement at my current organization.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Chris!

Thank you for writing this nice review of HubSpot Academy, we really appreciate you finding the time in your day to give us your candid feedback!

I am so glad to hear that HubSpot has helped you master a wide range of topics! And I have to agree with you - the price can't be beat!

As far as remove for improvement - thank you for your detailed analysis of your experience with the Sales Enablement Certification - sounds like you have some really great insights for us to learn from! If you ever have any other insights or suggestions please feel free to send them our way at reviews@hubspot.com.

Thank you again for the nice review Chris!

HubSpot Academy review by Erin S.
Business Development
Medical Devices

"Fantastic Online Training - Works in training our Dinosaur Employees through Millennials! "

What do you like best?

It's broken down simply without feeling condescending to anyone using the products for the first time. Even super complicated tasks in departments you may not be completely comfortable with, the training is simplified enough to move from task to task quickly and still feel like you're grasping new concepts well. What's better is you can take a break, put the videos on pause or back them up, and pick up exactly where you need to be.

What do you dislike?

Your progress is tracked. This may not matter to some people but I came into our subscription with a good knowledge base so when I find my progress board and I'm missing a lot of the "certifications" or I see them "half-completed" although I'm the administrator for our company, it knocks my ego. This has absolutely nothing to do with HubSpot lacking in any way, just a personal inability to cope with my own pride.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Huzzah! Keep up the good work!

We recently launched an internal training system for new employees/continuous training for current employees. Instead of trying to create training from scratch, we have been able to redirect to HubSpot training videos and have them complete what they need to know per department.

HubSpot Academy review by Tony S.
President & Founder | Inbound Marketing | Sales Enablement | Growth Strategist

"Literally best company I have done business with in 20 years!"

What do you like best?

HubSpot is customer focused and offers the highest level support and help for their customers. I have been blown away in my last year and a half relationship with them on many levels. Honestly can say that over that period I have never seen such level of care, help, and great service from any other company in my vast history of working with vendors that have hit this high standard without wavering.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I know that sounds strange but it is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to learn inbound marketing then you should do it from the dominant leader in Inbound marketing methodology. Their training and insights, as well as their tools, place them, hands down, as the number one resource for learning inbound marketing and ALL of its relative components.

Obtained 8 certifications on the HubSpot Academy and working on another one. The knowledge and comfortable and organized programs and resources have empowered me as a HubSpot professional greatly.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Tony!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review - It's amazing to hear that you're experiences with HubSpot have been so positive!

I'm so happy that you have been so content with the level of service that we offer - I often say that when you purchase HubSpot, the software is only half of the offering - the other is Service!

If you ever think of anything that could use improvement, please feel free to reach out to us at carl@hubspot.com

Thank you again for the nice review Tony!

HubSpot Academy review by Devyn B.
Marketing Coordinator
Building Materials

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

These certifications are so in-depth and current. There is a wealth of knowledge segmented to help sales and marketing professionals update their strategy and tactics to be as effective as possible in this era of social media and email overload. What I like best is the fact that I have significantly increased my earning potential since I have gotten the certifications and started using the software. 10/10

What do you dislike?

The only negative I have is the fact that I can't make the videos play at 300% speed. 150% isn't bad, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the certifications whether you use the software or not. (They are free)

I am a better marketer now. There were many practices I had learned over the years, but HubSpot did a deep dive into the "why" behind my actions during its certifications. The entire process was both validating yet eye-opening at the same time.

We are successfully segmenting our audience for marketing and sales purposes. Our sales and marketing teams' communication has drastically increased. Our bandwidth has increased as a number of menial tasks are now automated. People from around the country are calling me to pick my brain about HS and how they can be better at inbound marketing.

HubSpot Academy review by Carina D.
Inbound Marketing Strategist

"A Great Resource for Marketers"

What do you like best?

The HubSpot Academy certification courses are top notch - the content is logically laid out and easy to digest, and the professors are great communicators.

What do you dislike?

Because HubSpot's tools are so robust, the software certifications really only seem to talk about what the software CAN do rather than HOW to do it. However, their Knowledge articles typically fill many of those gaps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I genuinely appreciate how much HubSpot Academy has done to educate the world about inbound marketing, sales and service. They are constantly improving their resources and adding new resources, and I will continue to be a power user for a long time!

HubSpot Academy is my go-to educational resource for my clients. If my clients are utilizing the Academy's resources, I know they will have the foundational knowledge for me to build and train on.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Carina!

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of our product - I am so glad to hear that you have gotten such great use out of our certifications!

As far as room for improvement - would you like to see more videos on how to do specific actions within the tool?

If you are open to continuing the conversation we would love to hear from you at reviews@hubspot.com.

Thank you again for the review Carina.

HubSpot Academy review by Matthew H.
Quality Assurance Manager
Internet

"Fast, Simple Certification"

What do you like best?

HubSpot Academy is a fantastic place to learn about modern marketing, and one of the best platforms on the internet. The Certification courses are easy to understand, and can usually be completed in a few hours (depending on the course). Honestly, if you are in Marketing at all (even just a little) there is no reason to skip the certifications. The knowledge you'll gain is incredibly valuable, and even you already knew it all, the actual certification looks great on a resume.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finding your way back to where you last were can be a bit confusing, but it's never overwhelming. Logging in can also be a bit cumbersome if you're attempting to go in through the main site. I found it easiest to log into my portal and proceed to the Learning Center from there. I also wish it was all free, but that's a pipe dream I'm sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free courses! The certifications look great on your resume and it really is easy to pick up and learn! Also make sure you create a free account and get familiar with the software.

The number one problem this solves is lack of knowledge! If you're in Marketing, there's no reason you shouldn't have several of these certifications (the free ones at least) to your name. This has provided the training necessary so that your sales team can assist new clients in making the right marketing decisions.

HubSpot Academy review by Ellen G.
Social Media Manager
Higher Education

"Your "ROI" for this Course Exceeds 100%"

What do you like best?

Such a useful (not to mention, FREE) tool that's absolutely necessary now for anyone looking into a career in digital marketing, web design and general CRM. The concepts are clear and the videos are visually appealing with easy-to-understand infographics and scenarios. Speed up/slow down the video or use CC, lots of ways to customize your own lessons to suit your environment. Saving is an option as well, so you don't have to do it all in one sitting. Great resume builder.

What do you dislike?

There could have been more challenging questions, or a variation of questions (i.e., matching, fill in the blank, T/F, interactive demos).

More content does not equate to more website traffic.

"One-size-fits-all" does not apply here.

Nurture/empower the customer.

Humans are not "data" or simply just "users" you must make them feel trusting of you and your brand.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hey Ellen!

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review - feedback like this is incredibly helpful to guiding us with the content we create in the future!

It's wonderful to hear how much use you have gotten out of Academy - it sounds like you are truly are taking full advantage of our content! Out of curiosity - have you found that having some of these courses or certifications listed on your resume has ever helped you during the job search process?

As far as room for improvement - incorporating more variation into the questions is a really interesting idea, thanks for pitching it - we'll keep it in mind moving forwards! As far as making questions more challenging - do you find the assessments tend to be easy or are otherwise not fully putting your skills to the test?

If you are interested in continuing the conversation, we would love to hear from you at carl@hubspot.com.

Thank you again for the nice review Ellen!

HubSpot Academy review by Agency

"Hands down the go to learning center for inbound marketing"

What do you like best?

The HubSpot Academy packs an extensive amount of valuable knowledge that transcends not only to the business environment, but also to your day to day decisions.

The format of how the content is presented is easy to digest, making the learning experience seamless from one topic to the other.

What do you dislike?

I´d love too see more study cases, real scenarios, and common cases where HubSpot or Inbound Marketing has solved for customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not shy away from diving into technical details

It´s more about shifting the mindset from brand-centric to customer-centric, this is probably the greatest change that is actually solving for business.

The HubSpot Academy provides a great arsenal of knowledge to backup the why, the how, and the when

HubSpot Academy review by Jake S.

"Review Time"

What do you like best?

I love the way that the videos engage the user, with different people giving lessons on different topics really changes it up. The best thing is that you can really use the methodologies and facts to back up your work and processes as well as putting forward new ideas to management as you have the information to back up your argument.

What do you dislike?

The only query I would bring up would be that on completion of any course there isn't a course summary that highlights all the key points learned as this would be very helpful for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

HubSpot Academy not only teaches about the software itself and how to use it, but also what marketing in general is and how you can use it to further your business and engage with clients.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Jake!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we really appreciate you finding the time to leave us your feedback!

It's wonderful to hear that you find the videos so engaging and have been able to apply the methodologies to your work! I'd love to hear about an example where you used information from one of our certifications to put forward new ideas to management.

As far as room for improvement - I think a summary would probably be something many users find helpful. Do you see this is a very in-depth summary or more of a high-level wrap-up that you could use to refresh your memory?

If you are interested in continuing the conversation, we would love to hear from you at carl@hubspot.com!

Thank you again for the review Jake!

HubSpot Academy review by Elise Karlsen B.
Senior Inbound Marketing Strategist

"Having the certifications is a necessity when doing inbound"

What do you like best?

Next to the fact that what you learn at HubSpot Academy is a necessity when working with inbound marketing, my favorite thing about the Academy courses is how user friendly the whole experience is. You can fast forward, slow down, tak a short quiz or download more resources when needed. You don't just take a certification – you really learn something.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes the questions could have more than one right answer, depending on the situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about getting into inbound marketing, you definitely should put off time to do the certifications. Start with the inbound marketing certification. Also, if you are applying for jobs within digital marketing, having inbound marketing knowledge is gold.

It makes my job easier, as everything I do is related to inbound marketing and I work with the HubSpot software all day every day. Also, when clients take the certifications, it is much easier to work together, as they have a better understanding of the inbound marketing methodology and HubSpot software. We recommend all our clients to take these two certifications.

HubSpot Academy review by John S.
Mentor
Venture Capital & Private Equity

"HubSpot Academy changed the way I do Inbound marketing."

What do you like best?

I created my company from scratch utilizing (bootstrapped) Inbound marketing, meaning I used many different (non-integrated) tools like email software, crm, blogging platform, landing pages etc.... I was familiar with HubSpot, but I wasn't using it. From the HubSpot academy I learned highly detailed strategies on understanding personas and building effective funnels. I became Inbound certified, Inbound Sales certified and content marketing certified. The content was so good that I quickly reached out to many of the trainers I learned from and created a three part Inbound series on my podcast where I interviewed HubSpot people like Justin Champion, Angela Hicks, Brian Signorelli, Mark Kilens and Meghan Keaney Anderson as well as some of the HubSpot partners,

It was my highest rated podcasts of all time the results I received made me evaluate my whole podcast strategy and now I’m rebuilding it. My point here is that the academy was so good that it didn’t just entice me to buy the HubSpot software. It changed how I look at everything I do when I create content. It didn’t just change the software I use for marketing automation, it fundamentally changed me and the way I view marketing as a whole.

Recently I started mentoring startups at Techstars and for them I don’t just passively recommend the Hubspot Academy, I make it a requirement.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was more content for me to consume and that there was a podcast/audio book series that I could consume while i'm commuting and/or exercising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's vital to use HubSpot academy whether you decide to implement a marketing automation software or not. The knowledge you'll gain from the academy content is the best content out there. I can't believe it's free.

I want to be remarkable with my marketing efforts and the academy taught me the intricacies of doing so.

HubSpot Academy review by Ken M.
Demand Generation Manager
Computer & Network Security

"Solid, Real-World Advice Every Time"

What do you like best?

HubSpot Academy tackles all the best practices for online, email, and social media marketers and puts it in an easy to digest format. They also back their points with real-world facts; it let's me know they road-test their ideas before presenting them to me.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend the HubSpot Academy enough. They take a comprehensive look at Inbound Marketing and break it down into easily digestible bites. Your whole team needs to take advantage of this resource.

The Academy helps our entire team speak a common language and keep us abreast of best practices. They also keep us up-to-date about new strategies and new ways of thinking about established tactics. The main benefit, of course, is realizing new visitors, leads, opportunities, and customers by adopting the Inbound methodology. It is the one marketing strategy that wins you business by doing no harm to the Internet. They teach you to give your best content, every time to your viewers and give only wanted content to your subscribers - and they teach you how to do it all at scale. That is a win-win approach that has won us a lot of customers/fans over the years.

HubSpot Academy review by Ingunn B.
CEO

"Growing our agency through HubSpot Academy"

What do you like best?

Adjustable speed of videos, option to choose video or transcripts and real life examples. We also appreciate that HubSpot Academy keeps up with HubSpot's product development. Making it easier to learn and develop as an agency along side HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

It would be useful to know exactly what questions one got wrong when passing a certification. If there are certain areas we need to focus on it is great to know what we need to read up on more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business or agency are planning to use HubSpot, include HubSpot Academy as early on in the on-boarding process as possible. This has proven to accelerate the abilities and knowledge of our entire team.

All new hires in our agency go through either a 3 month trainee program or 1 month of on-boarding. In this time frame we expect the individual to become proficient in the tool and capable of using it to fulfil their tasks. Being able to use HubSpot Academy as a core part of our on-boarding process has made us more efficient and more knowledgable. As an agency it has also enabled us to see things in a new light, making our processes more refined and precise.

HubSpot Academy review by Jo S.
MD, LinkedIn Trainer, Web Design & Marketing By Google & Hubspot Partner, Level 6 Local Maps Guide
Internet

"Online education for all types of learners"

What do you like best?

HubSpot covers the whole spectrum of Marketing and Sales. It's a comprehensive training aid that can be beneficial for all levels of digital marketer. I love that I can either sit down and watch the videos or I can read through the transcripts if I don't want to spend all my time looking at a screen. I like being able to go back to the slides and the transcripts to pick up anything that I missed when I was watching the videos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the presenters look far too young to know all that stuff - but that might be sour grapes because they make me feel old! :O

They can also have a tendency to speak very fast - another reason why I love the transcripts so I can process the new information at the speed my brain prefers.

Understanding some of the tools but also some of the new skills. Many of our clients are not professional sales people and the sales training has really helped us to help them to turn more leads into customers.

HubSpot Academy review by François B.
Inbound Marketing Strategist, Marketing Consultant, CEO

"The HubSpot Academy is definitely one of the best e-learning experience for marketers."

What do you like best?

The HubSpot Academy offers various current topics all related to Inbound Marketing and Inbound Sales. The learning phase consists of quality videos, enjoyable presentations, and engaging professors... You also get a lot of further useful links and documentation if you would like to deepen your knowledge in some specific tasks. Once you're done with learning you can take the test and see, how do you score.

Learning at HubSpot Academy is not only useful but also exciting, and a not-to-be-missed experience.

What do you dislike?

You have to renew your certifications after one or two years, which sometimes makes sense but also means some additional work if you hold a lot of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The HubSpot Academy is definitely the best platform to learn Inbound Marketing and its subtopics. Besides this, if you are a HubSpot user, it is the best way to get familiar with the software.

For us as an Inbound Marketing Agency and HubSpot Partner, the HubSpot Academy is a place which all of our coworkers have to visit! The Inbound Marketing Certification is required, other certifications depend on your role in our agency. The HubSpot Academy is the fastest and easiest way to gain knowledge on all Inbound Marketing subjects.

But even if you are not a HubSpot partner of a HubSpot customer, you will find at the HubSpot Academy useful and up-to-date classes and certification on topics like inbound marketing, inbound sales, email marketing, content marketing and growth-driven design.

HubSpot Academy review by Cheryl A.
Owner
(Myself Only)

"My favorite resource"

What do you like best?

HubSpot Academy's courses are thorough and informative. And I can download the slides and transcripts to use later. And they're all free! After being laid off, I needed to brush up on my skills to compete in today's workforce. I'm so glad I found HubSpot Academy!

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more lessons and certifications. Some of the speakers talk very slowly so I'm glad there is the option to speed it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend HubSpot Academy to anyone wanting to learn more about digital marketing.

I needed to learn more about digital marketing for my start-up company. HubSpot provides up-to-date information about so many different areas that I needed.

HubSpot Academy review by Inez V.
Account Manager

"Stellar marketing training portal"

What do you like best?

I like real-time learning tracking, the manual speed changes to the video stream; and the accompanying resources, blog posts, and practical application tools

What do you dislike?

Only a first-world gripe, in that I dislike that I can't download the videos and watch them offline on mobile

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda.com has a lot more to offer beyond inbound marketing principles that HubSpot Academy clearly concentrate on. They cannot hope to stack up to HubSpot Academy on the same level within any element of inbound - HubSpot come from that strong of an inbound foundation, that hefty a level of research and that much authority. It's no contest.

I'm learning to bring the latest inbound marketing resources to a company that currently aren't applying them in their everyday marketing

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Inez!

Thank you for writing such a glowing review - we really appreciate you giving us your honest feedback and advocating for HubSpot Academy!

It's awesome to hear that you have enjoyed learning on HubSpot so much!

As far as room for improvement - being able to download the videos and watch them offline on mobile is a really neat idea. Do you find that you watch the videos on mobile a lot or that you would if you could download the videos?

We'd love to hear more from you at carl@hubspot.com if you are interested in continuing the conversation!

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review!

HubSpot Academy review by Mary Catherine S.
Marketing Strategist

"Bite sized learning for important information"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the videos are to digest and how they are explaining things that are very important for marketing and sales in today's day and age. HubSpot Academy's certifications helped me set myself apart in the job market.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the videos can feel monotonous, but the information is so important. I like to watch one a day so I don't get bored easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend Hubspot Academy as a way to stay and get ahead in the world of marketing. They will keep your training up to date and you will learn more about how users interact with businesses today.

I am solving the problem of not keeping up with my industry. HubSpot Academy continually updates their certifications and helps me be an awesome marketer.

HubSpot Academy review by Jeff L.
Vice President of Marketing

"HubSpot Academy will make you a better marketer or salesperson"

What do you like best?

Well-designed video courses with tons of supporting content provide important foundations that you will get immediate leverage from. And, the courses are just the beginning. The more you engage with HubSpot Academy, the more remarkable resources you'll be exposed to including Master Class deep dives on cutting-edge topics.

What do you dislike?

It's a great training system so I can only say that I'd like to see even more courses!

The key problems that drive our use of HubSpot Academy include: 1) Adopting Inbound best practices; 2) Creating alignment between marketing and sales; 3) Selecting an effective partner agency. The resources have accelerated our internal training and given us a way to identify skilled agency partners via the course completion badges. HubSpot Academy is one of the key ways I stay current with Inbound sales and marketing best practices.

HubSpot Academy review by Sérgio T.
Analista de Marketing e Editor de Vídeo

"Information that educates marketers!"

What do you like best?

What i really enjoyed most about the course (Inbound Sales and others) was the fact that it shows that we do not need to be invasive to advertise, but that we must be marketers who, first of all, who help the prospect, is ultimately helping to get help. I believe this helps us to create products that truly enhance society.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to say what i did not like about this course. Well, maybe it could be more objective in some points (does not mean to shorten the course) and show more real cases.

By implementing course guidelines, i realize how much i'm reaching the right audience, because we are talking here about quality, not just quantity.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Sérgio!

Thank you for taking the time to review HubSpot Academy!

I'm glad to hear that you have gotten such great use of out of our trainings and it sounds like the message you have walked with is a great one!

As far as room for improvement, I would love to hear more about your thoughts on how the courses could be more objective. When you say this, do you mean that you wish the courses would have more fact-based knowledge or you wish the questions on the assessments were more objective?

Also, your idea about including more real cases is really interesting - I will bring it to the team!

Thank you again for the nice review!

HubSpot Academy review by Rafael L.
Inbound Consultant

"Quality training with experts' support"

What do you like best?

The best in HubSpot Academy is a large number of certifications, and all for free. I like very much the variety of topics covered too: marketing, selling, accounting management, design... The content is up-to-date and very useful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the language barrier. I know they are hard working on it, and there are already a few certifications in Spanish, but there is still a long way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free. You'll not lose anything. Try it. See the certifications and courses. The content is very useful.

HubSpot Academy give me the knowledge for my day to day work dealing with Inbound Marketing. I am growing as a professional with the experts' support. They give me too the skills to improve my results.

HubSpot Academy review by Christina G.
Founder | Marketing Strategist and Consultant

"Go to place for learning digital marketing best practices "

What do you like best?

Materials are timely and informative. Presenters provide a great energy while breaking down marketing principals and strategies that I use in my daily position. I recommend HubSpot Academy to everyone.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike, but I would love to see more diversification and would love to see them offer chat bot classes in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the Inbound Marketing Certification. All of the other classes' ideology is based on Inbound.

HubSpot Academy provided me with a free knowledge base as well as a universally recognized certification that I can showcase as a part of my CV. When working with my clients I find a lot of them have a traditional marketing mentality. By introducing them to Inbound Marketing they are able to take steps to make them closer and more empathetic to their audience.

HubSpot Academy review by Paul K.
HubSpot Consultant

"I recommend it to all my clients"

What do you like best?

The video training gives you a head start and a quick onboarding of the HubSpot Hub. That is why I always recommend my clients to follow certain video training from the HubSpot Academy. HubSpot has a huge knowledge base and when i can't find the answer their is always the HubSpot support.

What do you dislike?

I can not find a negative point. It takes a lot of time to follow them, but it gives also a lot

As the HubSpot Consultant at a agency the HubSpot videos helps my clients in the onboarding process better to understand the Inbound methodology and the different hubs.

HubSpot Academy review by User

"Monotonous but useful "

What do you like best?

I like that use different teachers to for different modules, quizzes in between modules and the information is given in a very understandable way. The knowledge can be used for even your personal life / business/ career.

What do you dislike?

Its a little monotonous and not engaging--- aside from the quizzes. They kinda just stand there and talk. sometimes you're quizzed on one line sentences that they didnt make seem important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take notes, the little one liner sentences will be on the test. They also have a script of the training, i suggest using that as well to study and take notes

Hubspot Academy has explained what marketing in 2019 looks like. Inbound marketing and buyers upper hand. I also have learned the client research is almost mandatory to connect with people.

HubSpot Academy review by Craig H.

"The Academy Is a Great Resource"

What do you like best?

When our company first became a Hubspot Partner I underestimated the impact that the HubSpot Academy Resources would add to our agency. The course material and worksheets have a lot of great information that we've used to enhance how we service clients. We've also been able to leverage some of the resources to help with our own lead generation efforts.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is a strong word as it relates to the Academy. Nothing is perfect so I'm sure there is room for improvement but as a DIY resource, it is well done.

I've been working to develop standards in how we deliver our services to clients and HubSpot Academy has been helpful in pursuing this business goal. We have asked some new team members to take select courses and it has been great to get them up to speed quickly in key areas of our service.

HubSpot Academy review by Jenna C.
Digital Strategist

"Great training for any marketer, salesperson or agency owner"

What do you like best?

The training is very comprehensive and they have updated it several times over the past few years I've used HubSpot. You also do not even need to be a heavy HubSpot user to get benefit from the training (although you might need to be a customer to get access?) For any non-product training, it is very useful for any salesperson, marketer or agency owner.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little repetitive and slow, although speeding it up to 150% seemed to help. The quiz questions also don't really correlate with the final tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try as many trainings as possible to see which are most relevant to you. One that was most useful and thought provoking for me was the agency training.

Comprehensive training for our internal team. Marketing tools and strategies move so fast, this training gets us on the same page quickly.

HubSpot Academy review by Aubree J.
Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator
Design

"HubSpot Academy Review"

What do you like best?

The Academy offers a lot of recourses for helping users learn how to use HubSpot. They walk you through in videos how to use the features and offer quizzes so you can make sure you understand what you've been learning.

What do you dislike?

The videos can be a bit cheesy, and there are some lessons where I feel like the topics aren't covered completely. And if you wish to become certified in the courses you take, the tests at the end can be a bit long. There are also parts of the tests where I felt like the questions were not covered during the lessons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is large enough where you have a lot of customer leads and services, then HubSpot might be good for you to consider. If you are looking for a better way to keep attract of all your company's interactions with your customers and leads, and you want to redesign or design your website for the first time, then this a great program to look into.

The company I'm working for is switching over the HubSpots CRM and website services. Going through the Academy is helping me learn about the features so I can help other coworkers navigate the sales features, along with redesigning our website.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Aubree!

Thank you for writing this review - we appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest feedback!

I'm glad to hear that the Academy resources have been helpful in developing your marketing savvy and that the quizzes are helpful in solidifying your knowledge! Are there any other ways in which you think we could test you to further help you grasp the concepts?

As far as room for improvement - I'd love to dig in deeper to some of those issues that you mentioned. When you say that the courses are not covered deeply enough - would you mind pointing to a couple of examples where this is the case? In addition, if you have any examples of questions that did not seem to be covered in the exam please feel free to send them our way and we'll talk a second look!

If you are open to continuing the conversation please feel free to reach out to us at carl@hubspot.com.

Thank you again for writing this review!

HubSpot Academy review by Claudia L.
Activations Analyst

"HubSpot Academy is an engaging, exciting learning tool "

What do you like best?

The HubSpot employees in the videos are very engaging. They explain the product and its functionality in a way that is not boring or overbearing. You feel as though a knowledgeable friend is explaining everything to you as opposed to a professor.

What do you dislike?

The marketing assessment is a little too open to interpretation, but only one answer counts as right. If the questions are going to be situational, there should be space to justify your answer, as in some cases, more than one could be argued as correct. Or, perhaps the format should simply be changed from multiple choice and T/F to more of an open-ended essay sort of assessment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enter it with an open mind! Training videos in general have a pretty negative connotation, but these videos aren't your ordinary, run-of-the-mill training sessions. They're far more engaging and helpful.

When we implemented HubSpot, no one on our team had any prior experience with it. Being able to guide ourselves through the courses on HubSpot Academy saved a lot of time. We didn't need to reach out to support or our customer success rep for every question we had. Instead, we could review the lessons to find the answers we sought.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Again Claudia!

Thank you for another detailed review of one our products - it's incredibly helpful for us to hear your perspective.

I'm really glad to hear that you find the academy videos engaging and the HubSpotters in them to be approachable!

As far as room for improvement - it's super important to hear that you feel some of the questions may be a little bit open to interpretation and thus unfair. Have you ever reached out to the academy team here about any of the questions in particular?

If you are open to it, we'd love to continue the conversation at carl@hubspot.com

Thank you again for another glowing review

HubSpot Academy review by Kelsi C. F.
Sales Associate
Facilities Services

"Training Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I don't have to spend money to send my team to a training class. This is tailored to software we used every day and also expands my teams knowledge about marketing practices.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a pre-test for sections so I can judge what my team knows. I hate having them do lessons they don't need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to develop a sales and marketing team, this works best as a training for team members that may have some sales or marketing background but could use more tools to increase efficiency. It's worth the cost to have everyone on the same page.

When training a new team member, I can use the Hubspot Academy to help them set goals based on what lessons they are working on. It's become easier to see sales growth when I can monitor where they are with training and what tolls they implement.

Response from HubSpot of HubSpot Academy

Hello Kelsi!

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review, we really appreciate hearing about your unique experiences using HubSpot Academy!

It's great to hear that you have your team take our classes! Do you do this at regular intervals or only when onboarding new members?

As far as room for improvement - I think that your pre-test/diagnostic test idea is incredibly intriguing! I have seen these before for other standardized test training programs and they could be super helpful here! I will bring it up with the team.

Thank you again for the review!

HubSpot Academy review by Gem L.

"A must-do for any business who has, or is starting out with HubSpot"

What do you like best?

The range of topics helps you to really get to grips with the spectrum of marketing and sales by gaining an understanding of the various elements in greater depth. Interesting guest speakers and real-life examples of the learning in practice make it extremely relatable and you always finish a certification with an idea (or more!) to implement in your business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the test questions can be a little confusing, for example giving you 4 options as potential answers where 2 of them are technically right, just slightly different wording. You find yourself second guessing a little in order to pass the tests sometimes. Some of the videos can be a bit too long or slow, but this isn't the case on all certifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started by doing the newly released 'lessons' or the inbound marketing certification to get a taste for what the videos are like. Make notes. Go and practice what you've learnt in HubSpot afterwards to cement your learning.

We always recommend these certifications to clients or are just getting started with HubSpot - not only do they help you to get to grips with the software (which with such a big platform can be a challenge for anyone!) but get everyone onto the same page with terminology and methodologies that will underpin our work with them going forward.

HubSpot Academy review by Anja D.

"Hubspot Academy will prepare you for your job better than an MBA!"

What do you like best?

Whether you're an absolute beginner or an advanced marketer looking for inbound education, Hubspot academy will swiftly guide you through each step, providing theoretical behind, real-life examples, and internal software practice.

What do you dislike?

That there are no more courses! I would love to see Hubspot release courses for proficient marketers that focus solely on one skill or marketing segment - for example, campaign building, tracking and optimisation - it is of course mentioned in all other courses, but the course focusing solely on that would really help even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it.

I have increased my own solopreneur sales thanks to HS Academy courses + I keep on improving my customers' marketing results and make them happy by hitting the goals before the deadline.

HubSpot Academy review by User

"Hubspot is a great resource"

What do you like best?

It provides a lot of valuable resources for learning. I like the videos for the most part and the resources and related blog posts really help you learn the material. Some of the videos are a bit arbitrary, but the material is mostly useful. Some of the videos could be condensed, but since everyone learns differently that may be more a matter of learning style preference. I think the assessments and exams are fairly straight forward. You can earn certification pretty quickly if you chose to.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always have the most up to date information. A lot of the videos are great and informative, but some can be pretty outdated. You have to be careful with some of the statistics because they can be a year or two old and depend on the topic that year or two can really make a difference. For assessment and general learning purposes, this won't be a real issue, but I like to reference these for informing strategies, and that can mean I have to look elsewhere for specific numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the resources because they can be really beneficial.

I am becoming better at management, inbound and other marketing tools with Hubspot. It's really taught me a lot so that is great! I don't always know how useful certain things will be until I take the classes, but I always enjoy opportunities to learn more. I think a lot of marketers could benefit from taking advantage of the courses even if it's not a platform you intend to use. Take advantage of any chance to learn more about the concepts that are offered. This information is valuable.

HubSpot Academy review by Margurette (Maggie) A.
Marketing Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great for Professional Development"

What do you like best?

It's great that it's available in the software and that you can access it any time. If you're a member, it's all free!

What do you dislike?

It's a shame that some of the certifications expire after a year. Given the amount of time that some of them have, it would be ideal if they lasted longer. Also would be nice to have an easier way to re-up your certification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the time to do some of their basic courses to understand inbound and more, but don't feel like you need to do every course. Some of them are very HubSpot specific instead of general knowledge. I say find the ones that work best for your team.

While maybe not a business problem, per se, finding great professional development opportunities (outside of webinars) can be hard. It's nice that this is built into the service already and you're encouraged to use it. It also helps you use HubSpot even better. In terms of benefits, it's definitely just helped level the playing field for employees in terms of basic knowledge acquired.