HubSpot

HubSpot

HubSpot is an inbound marketing software company that helps businesses transform their marketing from outbound (cold calls, email spam, trade shows, tv ads, etc) lead generation to inbound lead generation enabling them to "get found" by more potential customers in the natural course of the way they shop and learn.

Work for HubSpot?

Learning about HubSpot?

HubSpot Reviews

Ask HubSpot a Question
HubSpot review by <span>Lois J.</span>
Lois J.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

All functionality integrated in the one dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't really group contacts together in the one organisation, which in a B2B can make life difficult as we're not talking about one person buying one thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to dive head-first into the inbound marketing methodology to get the most out of HubSpot. The tool will work best for you when you are feeding the marketing engine with great content and offers that your market will love.

If you have the option to build your website in the HubSpot CMS I would recommend that you do it. While you can integrate the tool with wherever your website happens to be hosted/managed, the big benefit of Hubspot is it's 'all in one place' capability...it makes sense to use it!

Lead capture and nurturing; web content management; landing pages; call to action; social media monitoring and publishing; email campaigns; reporting and analytics.

The benefit has really been the time saved in being able to do all this in one place, and get insight into how clients/prospects interact with us online in a meaningful way.

Showing 2405 HubSpot reviews
HubSpot review by <span>Hemang R.</span>
Hemang R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Hubspot is a multi-purpose tool that comes with a least complicated dashboard and has some of the outstanding features. Its use for sales is equally beneficial as it is for marketing.

I user data captured by Hubspot marketing tool is simply awesome. I liked the reports and the user data it captures. Another benefit is the code snippet is well compressed and does not hamper the website's speed.

For sales, it handles the CRM features very nicely. The admin view of the data is very organized.

What do you dislike?

No major loopholes in Hubspot. It has a tendency to sometimes miss the data that comes from secured sites which is a drawback.

We use Hubspot as our sales and marketing tool. We have installed the code on our website and use it to track visitors and formulate marketing strategies around it. We also use it as a CRM to manage sales data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HubSpot
HubSpot review by <span>Stephanie K.</span>
Stephanie K.

Easy to Use and SO robust

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the easy dashboards, analytics and reports you can get from Hubspot vs some of the other platforms. The social aspect that is built into Hubspot is honestly the best in the market. There is no comparison. When you have an issue the customer service is always helpful and friendly. Also, during implementation, the team is with you every step of the way to make sure that everything is working and customized to your liking and needs.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything. It's easy to use and support is always a question away if you need help. I love how easy it is to use. All their content is helpful too! If i was going to say anything, I would say I wish there was more video content to be able to view - but honestly, that would be the only drawback I could consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a test demo and try it out. They offer a free trial.

Automated email drip campaigns and social scheduling is a breeze. We needed to find a software that we could implement in many different business models and the implementation of Hubspot was perfect. We've seen great results with Hubspot and we can't wait to see about building out some websites and really getting into the nitty gritty. We can only see us getting more and more involved. It is worth every penny we have invested into this product.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

HubSpot review by <span>Lauren F.</span>
Lauren F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the CRM feature best. I can keep track of everyone I come across, and I can send emails directly from the contact's page, which is tracked to notify me if they open the email and if they click on any of the links I provide...AND THIS IS JUST WITH THE FREE PLAN. I can also type notes about client meetings & keep track of any outstanding deals we may have.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to create my own signature that is visually appealing. I also don't like the lead tracking, but mostly because I use Wix to host my website.

I am able to keep track of anyone I come across, any emails that I send to these prospects, any deals I might have & at what stage they're at, and I can see any tasks that I need to do in order to shorten my close.

HubSpot review by <span>Elizabeth A.</span>
Elizabeth A.

Hubspot: Great for Small Business

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Hubspot works well for organizing marketing and sales emails, as well as a space for creating a website that is both attractive and functional. Hubspot also has tutorials on how to use their product, which I find extremely useful! I have taken these lessons and have learned a lot about the aspects of Hubspot and feel more confident about using their content manager.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little intimidating at first, when you first start looking around the site. If you aren't familiar with how templates and scripts work, you might be a little pretty confused. As long as you go through all of the tutorials, you will understand what to do next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know a little about Wordpress before diving in hubspot. The website does include great tutorials but having a little bit of knowledge of coding and stylesheets does help in the website building. Sales and marketing part is easy to use especially after doing the tutorials.

We have a new website and a sales and marketing platform that is all in one. We can now keep track of our emails going out to clients and at the same time pay a flat fee, instead of using multiple platforms.

HubSpot review by <span>Rachel J.</span>
Rachel J.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

HubSpot makes it easy to learn the tools you need with an extensive catalog of courses, help items, blog posts, and more. The interface is easy to navigate and understand. Software is super powerful, but can be used simply as well. You can build your entire website, email marketing, social media presence, and use the CRM, or you can use it for just emails.

What do you dislike?

It can be intimidating, daunting, and almost too robust. It's unclear whether or not you can cut your package down to eliminate services you aren't using. Some things, like call-to-actions, can only be used in the HubSpot system (that is, you can't create a CTA and then put it on your Wordpress site).

Contact management, email deployment and reporting, some reporting. We were double-paying for email deployment systems, and when we realized the thing capturing our contacts (HubSpot) was also capable of sending emails, we were able to cut that cost and implement a monthly newsletter campaign easily. Website visitors have increased because of this.

HubSpot review by <span>Brigitte Y.</span>
Brigitte Y.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Hubspot is a really good platform to use in marketing departments ranging from medium size businesses to large corporations.

While my time on the platform was spent using its blogging tool, I couldn’t help but notice how Hubspot offers ways to streamline and monitor your marketing and sales activities.

For example, the marketing dashboard allows you to collect data, track activities, and make insights from your content marketing activities. What I like about this is that you can download this information not only as a pdf, but as a powerpoint presentation, which makes for a great visual when discussing what has and hasn’t worked during staff meetings and posting in quarterly reports. Also, you can incorporate some of the data into infographics or use data visualization tools.

I found the design of the platform especially the blogging platform clean, simple and well organized. When I compare it Wordpress, I found that the paid version of Wordpress was more visually busy. For instance, the right side column had a long list running down the page. It also has a few more steps were required for some actions.However, I still use Wordpress because I have always found it efficient.

Hubspot’s blogging tool allows for multiple blogs and multiple bloggers. It makes it easy to incorporate images and videos and quickly post to the Internet. So, if your business is more content-focused, such as a magazine, or if you have several products with complex functions, this the blogging tool would be extremely helpful.

The blogging tools interface shows all active blogs and their status which ranges from Draft, Scheduled, Published, and Archived.

Some of its features that I found quite advantageous include the ability to see your Topics but also your Campaigns, which is helpful with After-Action reports as well as conducting social media audits.

The New Composition makes it more feasible to copy over pre-written content so you can maintain some of the format; and, New Blog has templates to help you streamline and accelerate your blog posts. A very nice perk is the CTAs you can incorporate into your blog.

Also you can see all of the Comments posted about the blogs, which can not only help you to assess the blog content, but also find new ideas for blog articles, products, and services.

What do you dislike?

One drawback I can think of is the migration of content from another blogging platform like Wordpress to Hubspot. I’ve learned that it can be tedious process. I would also say that you would definitely need to check the formatting when using New Composition to ensure something like links are carried over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’ve followed HubSpot from the beginning when they were continuously publishing an onslaught of blogs and whitepapers before it created this software. I thought when they did create it that it was a genius move. I would recommend Hubspot more for marketing departments in medium to large size businesses because it has so many features that can be used. You wouldn’t want to miss out on them because it could provide useful information that can get your business to the insight and information it needs to come up with the next great idea.

I worked on a freelance writing project for Every Door Direct Mail. It nvolved writing a series of blog articles for campaigns directed toward accounting firms and fitness centers. The benefits I saw with using this platform for multiple campaigns that were scheduled to run at the same time was the ease in its use and the ability for reviews as well as previews. For example, you can preview how the blog will look on different mobile devices, like a smartphone, laptop, tablet, and desktop.

Learn more about HubSpot

HubSpot Videos

Learning about HubSpot?

* We monitor all HubSpot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.