HubSpot

HubSpot

HubSpot is an inbound marketing software company that helps businesses transform their marketing from outbound (cold calls, email spam, trade shows, tv ads, etc) lead generation to inbound lead generation enabling them to "get found" by more potential customers in the natural course of the way they shop and learn.

Work for HubSpot?

Learning about HubSpot?

HubSpot Reviews

Ask HubSpot a Question
HubSpot review by <span>Jon F.</span>
Jon F.

HubSpot Gets It - Simplicity!

What do you like best?

HubSpot is the easiest inbound marketing/marketing automation software I've ever used. The user interface is consistently simple and clear. The support is high quality and you get answers quickly and in an organized fashion. It's relatively easy to onboard new sales or marketing employees. I love how integrated the CRM functions are with the inbound marketing/marketing automation functions. If you want a one-stop shop for CRM and inbound marketing, give HubSpot a serious look.

What do you dislike?

I'm a big fan, so there's not much about HubSpot I dislike. There's room for improvement in the number and sophistication of integrations with other software solutions, although this is true for most HubSpot competitors as well. There's also room for improvement in the granularity of the reporting.

We're solving the simplification of the marketing tech stack underpinning our lead generation and nurturing. HubSpot has helped us increase organic traffic as a percentage of total traffic, which has in turn led to a falling average cost per acquisition.

Showing 2728 HubSpot reviews
HubSpot review by <span>Arun C D.</span>
Arun C D.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Fabulous All in One Integrated Digital Platform for Marketing, CRM & Sales

What do you like best?

An integrated and easy to use digital marketing platform - the Growth Stack - to support marketing, CRM & sales for the entire team. We migrated to the HubSpot platform from a sea of scattered solutions - a Wordpress site with several extensions, keyword research with Google Analytics, Keyword Planner, etc, distribution of social media content via several tools like HootSuite, Gmail & MailChimp for email marketing, etc.

Life became a lot easier to have our team working off a single platform. We started off small and with increasing confidence we turned on more effective tools and improved on our ROI.

What do you dislike?

It can be pricey for some companies. It may not have features that enterprise grade customers may expect - more granular authotization settings, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reasons to consider HubSpot:

1. You understand the impact of inbound marketing

2. You wish to migrate from 'islands of automation' so that you can get a lot more done with fewer motivated staff

3. Intuitive and easy-to-use all-in-one platform to serve your marketing, CRM & sales teams

4. Shorter meetings with the team based on the dashboards

5. The Academy is an excellent platform for driven individuals to go as far as they choose to. Key side effect is that they burnish their personal/professional brand with the certifications and improve their career opportunities.

Getting our entire team to realise that Inbound Marketing was the way forward to drive our business in an increasingly digital business environment. Our previous outbound practices of telemarketing, organising events, etc were failing to produce suitable outcomes. Everyone member of our team is Inbound Marketing certified. It is easier for them to understand why we need to generate high quality content on a regular basis to serve our growing audience, how we can distribute our content on multiple social media platforms in a more automated way to be more efficient, and the ability of everyone to review the analytics to determine the success of our efforts and areas where improvements are required.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HubSpot
HubSpot review by <span>Alyssa J.</span>
Alyssa J.

Hubspot is the best!

What do you like best?

Hubspot makes marketing easy and fun. It also allows for seamless integration with other platforms for a one-place-fits-all software. I like that I can create posts, emails, campaigns, etc. and track all of it with their easy-to-use platform. It also helps that I can show my clients how and why certain efforts work better than others. I'm a huge fan of their personalization and growth-driven design aspects as well. Their Hubspot Academy also allows for me to further my marketing knowledge to best assist my clients.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about Hubspot. It's extremely user-friendly, even for my clients who have no idea what they're doing. I guess the one thing I'm not a fan of is that multiple agencies cannot get credit for the work they do for the same client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using a social media assistant such as Sprout, an email tool such as MailChimp, and a separate campaign creation tool, I would recommend switching to Hubspot. You can do all of that and more within one platform instead of having to use multiple platforms. It helps track all campaign efforts under one hub instead of having to analyze multiple platforms.

Hubspot allows me to create multiple campaigns and link all of my efforts together so I can get see the complete picture. I like that I can pull together all the data I need to see what's working and what needs to be tweaked as the campaign runs. I've realized that instead of needing multiple platforms to get something done, I can do everything within the Hubspot portal.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

HubSpot review by <span>Simi H.</span>
Simi H.

Great for workflows,automation, and lead nurturing, with some lingering bugs

What do you like best?

Very good at a workflows, building smart email lists, and analytics

What do you dislike?

Social media offerings are weak and not remotely as good as managing social media directly on the platforms. Also their Salesforce integration still has some bugs that they weren't able to solve, and their customer technical support is ok, but the reps sometimes take a while to actually understand the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best parts are emails, workflows, forms, and landing pages. Worst parts are social media and landing page templates - it is a nightmare to set up decent templates. They'll help you in the beginning as part of your setup fee but if you change your design or branding or want something custom you need a coder.

Automating our marketing, lead scoring, creating automatic replies based on complicated logic trees. It saves our sales team a lot of time, and they know that leads get automatic replies to their inquiries and they will go through the right nurturing process.

HubSpot review by <span>Paulo Henrique L.</span>
Paulo Henrique L.

By far the best option for mid-sized, B2B companies that are serious about digital marketing

What do you like best?

Most "suite of tools" marketing products are in fact focused in just one or two tools or functionalities, all the others being an afterthought.

That's not the case with HubSpot. HubSpot invests heavily in R&D, and is continuously improving the existing tools and launching new ones. They also do a great job of educating marketing professionals not just about how to use the software, but also about strategy, concepts and best pratices.

What do you dislike?

I do think the HubSpot CMS has a long way to go before it's as easy to use as it should be. It still requires quite a bit of technical knowledge, and for non-coders, the learning curve is steep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a marketer's perspective, technology should be always seen as a means to an end. Specifically, to support whatever strategy you ALREADY have in place that needs implementation.

I've seen it time and again: marketers who think that purchasing some fancy tools pretty much guarantees the success of their projects. It does not. If you START with the technology, quite simply, you're doing it wrong.

If you have no idea what your actual business goals are (sales, revenue, growth, etc.), or who your prospective buyers are, you should fix these problems first. Invest the time and effort to create a strategy that is coherent with your business goals and your audience.

I have implemented marketing strategies in 50+ companies relying heavily on HubSpot as a tool. The business goals tipically are generating demand (increasing traffic), increase conversion rates along the sales funnel and, most importantly, improving the overall buyer/customer experience as a way to shoten sales cycles, increase the perception of value towards the product/service and anything else that might help accomplish the ultimate goals of bringing down the cost of customer acquisition and increase customer lifetime value.

HubSpot review by <span>Carlo Raphael P.</span>
Carlo Raphael P.
Invitation from the software vendor

Satisfaction Rating!

What do you like best?

This tool is user friendly due to its social media-like interface. Almost everyone in my team familiarized using it easily and quickly. And I am not just talking about my colleagues in 20s in age, but even for my seasoned colleagues. We like the features of it from the interface and to its usages and/or functions. We are also amazed with how it can easily and effectively be used when it comes to communicating with our customers. We are able to hit our daily target with the help of this tool.

What do you dislike?

In the span of time of using this tool, one dilemma that we experienced was the cutting in and out of the line whenever we take phone calls due to intermittent internet connection which significantly affected the way we communicate with our customers. There are times that we were speaking with our customers and the line becomes fragmentary due to poor connection since this is internet based tool. I know that the problem is not the Hubspot itself but the poor internet connection. Our company is doing something to go about the main problem and that is stabilizing our connection for the good of our business. Until then I could say that there will be the same experience in terms of using this tool. I am pretty sure that Hubspot can be a powerful tool for a certain business or organization to be successful in their endeavors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would definitely recommend this to others because it's user friendly.

Creating accounts of customers, and directly communicating them through phone and email.

HubSpot review by <span>Donna K.</span>
Donna K.

Amazing marketing automation, blogging and social solution

What do you like best?

The ease of use...we started using it the very first day we bought it. Which is unheard of. The setup is super simple, and you can use the features from day 1. What I like most is the guided onboarding through the training section. You can customize the training, add/remove steps, and it is all intuitive with links to explain anything you don't know how to do or where to find.

What do you dislike?

It is very pricey, and there are so many features it can be a little overwhelming at first. They are pretty flexible with discounts for prepaying, and they throw in some bonus contacts usually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in it - it is worth every penny. Negotiate for some up front discounts, they will work with you to close the deal. Also, get the reports package. It is an extra $200/month but you will want it.

We have been able to streamline our communications with clients and prospects, and the individual sales reps can send their own templates out which has been great. We've also learned a lot about content marketing and strategies to employ every day. We have eliminated the painful newsletter creation process that we had with our old solution (it was a nightmare). We save at least a few hours each month using the super simple templates for our email blasts. We haven't done a ton of personalization yet, but we expect to use those features to help increase our open and click through rates.

Learn more about HubSpot

HubSpot Videos

Learning about HubSpot?

* We monitor all HubSpot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.