HubSpot

HubSpot

HubSpot is an inbound marketing software company that helps businesses transform their marketing from outbound (cold calls, email spam, trade shows, tv ads, etc) lead generation to inbound lead generation enabling them to "get found" by more potential customers in the natural course of the way they shop and learn.

Work for HubSpot?

Showing 36 HubSpot reviews
HubSpot review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

I prefer Hootsuite or Sprout Social for social media marketing

What do you like best?

Sprout Social integrates well with a number of social media platforms and can function as a CRM

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it gives the social media manager full control over an organization's social media program and contacts, to where they are reliant on the SMM. As a business owner, I feel it's unethical to have that kind of total control over my clients' marketing programs. I'd like to be able to easily hand their program over to them if they decide to go in another direction or graduate to hiring an in-house marketing person to handle their social media needs. Also, the company promotes the software as easy to set up (25 seconds or less); however, full setup requires significantly more time than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up in house; Do not use if you're utilizing an external marketing/social media marketing manager, unless you set up the account under your company's name and they are solely a user.

Making social media management easier and less time consuming. Benefit: I can schedule content well in advance, saving me a lot of time and freeing up my days so that I can focus on other areas.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HubSpot
HubSpot review by Administrator in Computer Software

Good for Beginners

What do you like best?

HubSpot is pretty reliable and is not buggy like other marketing automation platforms. There's also a good marketplace that has templates that can be customized for your brand if you don't have someone on your team that can design/build templates for landing pages or emails.

What do you dislike?

HubSpot is too rigid and the system is built so you have to conduct email marketing/marketing automation in the HubSpot way. This is fine for anyone newer to marketing automation but if you've work with any of the other good systems, HubSpot is a downgrade because you're limited in what you can do.

Emails - everything is based on a template - if your template doesn't have a module built in, it's more difficult than it should to add something.

Reporting - terrible unless you pay more advanced reporting. You'll get really good at manipulating "smart" lists to pull the information you want since basic reporting is useless.

Workflows - not enough options to customize - HubSpot is so set on the idea of 'nurturing' which is obviously part of lead gen, but not every email workflow I want to create will include nurturing. Maybe I want to create an email campaign that sends emails on specific days (e.g. a webinar), not X days from a specific date. There's also no way to connect branches. If you have any complex email campaigns, get ready to build dozens of branches because once a contact goes down a path, that's the path until they run through the workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only choose HubSpot if you're newer to marketing automation.

Marketing Automation, Client and Prospect Communication

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

HubSpot review by <span>Dan H.</span>
Dan H.

Potentially good if you're starting from scratch. Functionality is wide, but shallow.

What do you like best?

The software does a lot and would potentially be good for a start-up with no existing functionality in place. If you've already got a blog, good sales tools, decent tracking and analytics, I doubt you would gain much more from the platform and it would be cheaper to fill in the missing pieces yourself.

What do you dislike?

The product demos well but after realising the functionality doesn't go much further than that showed in the demo, and being unhappy with onboarding, we cancelled just a month after signing up. I've been told they issue no refunds at all, they want to keep the full fee for the year despite very little work on their side.

The onboarding was very slow and formulaic. Just one hour a week, and in that time we were going over basic marketing things we'd long ago worked out as a business. Again, probably good for start-ups, not so good for established businesses with an existing strategy to refine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully evaluate your existing platform if you have one and compare against Hubspot in detail. Unless you are starting from scratch, it may not be great value.

We were hoping to use Hubspot to improve conversions. The tools they have for this include dynamic forms and CTA,s, based on past activity, and also automated e-mail workflows. However in our case we already had some of this in place and it was trivial to extend it to the Hubspot level. It was disappointing to realise that there was not much more available on the platform beyond what we were already doing.

HubSpot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

Hubspot

What do you like best?

I like that Hubspot is able to track everything and have it all - blogs, email, landing pages - under one platform.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the email building software at all. It is not intuitive and I have to go back and forth from the create email to design manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had some concerns using Hubspot and did not receive good customer service at all. We have an integration with Salesforce and our account manager did nothing to make sure that it was set up right - leading to us having several problems and glitches. They held us in our contract for over a year and a half. when we were clearly unhappy. Our account manager was not helpful at all during this process and often had to cut our call short. We were not made to feel a priority at all.

I've realized that HubSpot is beneficial for us to nuture and make leads.

HubSpot review by Administrator

Advanced, but not flexible.

What do you like best?

Hubspot is great for the sales and marketing integration. It is sleek, relatively easy to use, and have a great chat function to help with support when it’s available.

What do you dislike?

Hubspot is not flexible. If you are a company that likes to be innovative and do creative things with your marketing, this is not for you. The way that the software works isn’t always the same. A rule that applies in one area may not apply in another, and it is confusing. It messes up data and reports. Also, they charge extra for anything you want to add above and beyond the basic plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all available options.

We better integrated our sales and marketing and it helped us get to the next level. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be what helps us continue to grow.

HubSpot review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Hubspot is incredibly overrated.

What do you like best?

I like how Hubspot integrates everything and is somewhat user-friendly for people with different skillsets. I think their customer service and education platform is great. Everything I learned about inbound marketing was from Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

I think Hubspot gives impossible goals so that people funnel more money into it without seeing the return they deserve. I think you can get the same education and tools elsewhere for a lesser cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider looking into other options. Make sure you have the financial stability because once you start selling it to customers, you're pretty much hooked. I think if you have the right resources and knowledge, it can be a helpful tool for your company, but it's not for everyone.

Helping employees and clients understand what inbound marketing is and how to effectively implement that into your marketing strategy. It's helped me realize what the benefits of inbound marketing can be if you use it properly.

Learn more about HubSpot

HubSpot Videos

Learning about HubSpot?

* We monitor all HubSpot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.