HubSpot

HubSpot

HubSpot is an inbound marketing software company that helps businesses transform their marketing from outbound (cold calls, email spam, trade shows, tv ads, etc) lead generation to inbound lead generation enabling them to "get found" by more potential customers in the natural course of the way they shop and learn.

Work for HubSpot?

Ratings (1)
Showing 38 HubSpot reviews
HubSpot review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"I prefer Hootsuite or Sprout Social for social media marketing"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social integrates well with a number of social media platforms and can function as a CRM

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it gives the social media manager full control over an organization's social media program and contacts, to where they are reliant on the SMM. As a business owner, I feel it's unethical to have that kind of total control over my clients' marketing programs. I'd like to be able to easily hand their program over to them if they decide to go in another direction or graduate to hiring an in-house marketing person to handle their social media needs. Also, the company promotes the software as easy to set up (25 seconds or less); however, full setup requires significantly more time than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up in house; Do not use if you're utilizing an external marketing/social media marketing manager, unless you set up the account under your company's name and they are solely a user.

Making social media management easier and less time consuming. Benefit: I can schedule content well in advance, saving me a lot of time and freeing up my days so that I can focus on other areas.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HubSpot
HubSpot review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good for Beginners"

What do you like best?

HubSpot is pretty reliable and is not buggy like other marketing automation platforms. There's also a good marketplace that has templates that can be customized for your brand if you don't have someone on your team that can design/build templates for landing pages or emails.

What do you dislike?

HubSpot is too rigid and the system is built so you have to conduct email marketing/marketing automation in the HubSpot way. This is fine for anyone newer to marketing automation but if you've work with any of the other good systems, HubSpot is a downgrade because you're limited in what you can do.

Emails - everything is based on a template - if your template doesn't have a module built in, it's more difficult than it should to add something.

Reporting - terrible unless you pay more advanced reporting. You'll get really good at manipulating "smart" lists to pull the information you want since basic reporting is useless.

Workflows - not enough options to customize - HubSpot is so set on the idea of 'nurturing' which is obviously part of lead gen, but not every email workflow I want to create will include nurturing. Maybe I want to create an email campaign that sends emails on specific days (e.g. a webinar), not X days from a specific date. There's also no way to connect branches. If you have any complex email campaigns, get ready to build dozens of branches because once a contact goes down a path, that's the path until they run through the workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only choose HubSpot if you're newer to marketing automation.

Marketing Automation, Client and Prospect Communication

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

HubSpot review by Administrator

"Advanced, but not flexible. "

What do you like best?

Hubspot is great for the sales and marketing integration. It is sleek, relatively easy to use, and have a great chat function to help with support when it’s available.

What do you dislike?

Hubspot is not flexible. If you are a company that likes to be innovative and do creative things with your marketing, this is not for you. The way that the software works isn’t always the same. A rule that applies in one area may not apply in another, and it is confusing. It messes up data and reports. Also, they charge extra for anything you want to add above and beyond the basic plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all available options.

We better integrated our sales and marketing and it helped us get to the next level. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be what helps us continue to grow.

HubSpot review by <span>Dan H.</span>
Dan H.

"Potentially good if you're starting from scratch. Functionality is wide, but shallow."

What do you like best?

The software does a lot and would potentially be good for a start-up with no existing functionality in place. If you've already got a blog, good sales tools, decent tracking and analytics, I doubt you would gain much more from the platform and it would be cheaper to fill in the missing pieces yourself.

What do you dislike?

The product demos well but after realising the functionality doesn't go much further than that showed in the demo, and being unhappy with onboarding, we cancelled just a month after signing up. I've been told they issue no refunds at all, they want to keep the full fee for the year despite very little work on their side.

The onboarding was very slow and formulaic. Just one hour a week, and in that time we were going over basic marketing things we'd long ago worked out as a business. Again, probably good for start-ups, not so good for established businesses with an existing strategy to refine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully evaluate your existing platform if you have one and compare against Hubspot in detail. Unless you are starting from scratch, it may not be great value.

We were hoping to use Hubspot to improve conversions. The tools they have for this include dynamic forms and CTA,s, based on past activity, and also automated e-mail workflows. However in our case we already had some of this in place and it was trivial to extend it to the Hubspot level. It was disappointing to realise that there was not much more available on the platform beyond what we were already doing.

HubSpot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hubspot"

What do you like best?

I like that Hubspot is able to track everything and have it all - blogs, email, landing pages - under one platform.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the email building software at all. It is not intuitive and I have to go back and forth from the create email to design manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had some concerns using Hubspot and did not receive good customer service at all. We have an integration with Salesforce and our account manager did nothing to make sure that it was set up right - leading to us having several problems and glitches. They held us in our contract for over a year and a half. when we were clearly unhappy. Our account manager was not helpful at all during this process and often had to cut our call short. We were not made to feel a priority at all.

I've realized that HubSpot is beneficial for us to nuture and make leads.

HubSpot review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Hubspot is incredibly overrated."

What do you like best?

I like how Hubspot integrates everything and is somewhat user-friendly for people with different skillsets. I think their customer service and education platform is great. Everything I learned about inbound marketing was from Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

I think Hubspot gives impossible goals so that people funnel more money into it without seeing the return they deserve. I think you can get the same education and tools elsewhere for a lesser cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider looking into other options. Make sure you have the financial stability because once you start selling it to customers, you're pretty much hooked. I think if you have the right resources and knowledge, it can be a helpful tool for your company, but it's not for everyone.

Helping employees and clients understand what inbound marketing is and how to effectively implement that into your marketing strategy. It's helped me realize what the benefits of inbound marketing can be if you use it properly.

HubSpot review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great for some businesses, not great for ours "

What do you like best?

I like the training Hubspot offers. It's great to get to know things that can be used elsewhere. Even though a lot of the info may already be known, refreshers can never hurt.

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to accomplish seemingly easy tasks. Hubspot doesn't integrate well with our business model. It's one of those things that would be amazing for some companies, but our company has many seperate legs that we are in charge of. For us, Hubspot has in some ways hurt where it should've helped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PLEASE consider your particular business model. This may be the perfect software for you.. If you have a fairly straightforward business model, it could be great. Otherwise, beware and make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

Not really solving any business problems right now. Wish we were though! We are trying to heighten some SEO, but it's not working great for us.

HubSpot review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A ton of features but not so easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that they have offer a ton of training courses and workshops to learn more about the application.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty standard in terms of templates so if you don't have design experience or team, it is hard to have a lot of creative liberties in the process. its also a difficult platform to jump in to on your own without taking an introductory class. its a little difficult to collaborate between the different teams that use it (analytics, creative, communication) Each team knows how to use it for their specific focus or use but aren't so familiar with it to use cross-team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take one or more of their training courses- the people are very nice and helpful in walking you through specifics of the platform and answering all of your questions.

Email marketing and blogging

HubSpot review by <span>Laura S.</span>
Laura S.

"Lot's of good tools, but some basic functions are missung"

What do you like best?

The possiblities to link thinks with each other

What do you dislike?

We integrated the hubspot forms into our wordpress website and can therefore not set a double opt in for our newsletter form. This is a huge problem!

Marketing and sales. Forms, Newsletter, Anayltics

HubSpot review by <span>Angela M.</span>
Angela M.

"Pretty Basic"

What do you like best?

I like how east it is to install tracking code onto website and create lead ads

What do you dislike?

I do not like how basic the reporting is and there is no suggestions for how to improve anything

Looking at who has visited our site vs how many we convert to leads

HubSpot review by User in Internet

"Great for content, not so great for nurture."

What do you like best?

HubSpot does content really well. If you're looking to track the success of your landing pages, blog posts and social media activity all in one place, this is the best platform for you to choose.

What do you dislike?

If you're looking to run full nurture campaigns and link these campaigns to Salesforce for your sales team, HubSpot leaves much to be desired. All workflows are hand created and there aren't many out of the box solutions for marketers to work with sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the type of sales funnel you have. If it's a long funnel, go with a Pardot or Marketo that's more equipped to support you.

We were trying to monetize our content, which worked great. With a longer sales funnel as opposed to a click-to-buy model, nurture was hard.

HubSpot review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"HubSpot"

What do you like best?

There isn't much I really enjoy about HubSpot. I guess the ability to publish and trackb log post in one spot is good but it's disconnected from GA so it's not overly useful.

What do you dislike?

Their tracking capability are super limited. Only taking in 3 UTMs is not enough and they have so many UTM requirement that you can't even track what you want to measure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a data driven company that enjoys A/B testing I would not recommend hubspot.

We were trying to have a one-stop-shop for tracking/measuring leads.

HubSpot review by <span>Brittany M.</span>
Brittany M.

"Hubspot"

What do you like best?

Works well with social for posting and listening. The blog performance is good too.

What do you dislike?

The system's uptime is not very good. At least once a month they do a roll out for new features, and end up causing errors in my system, to the point that the basic functions do not work. The sync to SFDC becomes delayed, it's been over 5 hours multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hubspot is good for SMB, if you want to grow your business you cannot do it with an inbound strategy using Hubspot. The amount of downtime in the system is unheard of from a marketing automation provider.

It was good when we were a company with less than 25 employees, as soon as you want to scale, Hubspot cannot handle it.

HubSpot review by <span>Jesse D.</span>
Jesse D.

"Using Hubspot for Sales Process"

What do you like best?

The metrics provided after sending email to a list

What do you dislike?

Can only send 150 emails a day and thats all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provides very granular metrics

Expanding outbound sales and enjoy seeing the touch points provided

HubSpot review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Lacks Organization and Transparency"

What do you like best?

Overall the tool is fairly straight forward and is clearly designed for anyone to use. A few quick clicks and someone who is not a marketing professional can be up and running, sending emails, building landing pages and tweeting. I like the CTA functionality, buttons are easy to use and quick to build and add to your website. Overall, ease of use is the strongest thing Hubspot has going for it.

What do you dislike?

The tool is a disorganized mess. I've used several Marketing Automation tools over the last five years and Hubspot is simply chaotic and disjointed. There are no programs to house your campaigns and assets so you just end up with crazy lists, and unless you know, or can guess, what someone named something, you're going to be hunting for a while. Equally frustrating is their reporting functionality, or lack there of. In many cases you have to tell the system in advance that a metric is important to track and measure. If you discover a year out that a data point is important 9 times out of 10 you're going to be out of luck. CTA's are a perfect example of this. The link in the CTA is different, so it won't pull on some lists when you're looking to see who clicked it. Furthermore, lists in general are clunky and time consuming to pull. If you want to know who clicked a particular link and any email that contained that link, you're going to have to figure out which emails contained that link and build a query for each one on the link. It'll take you 45 minutes to build a list that you could have built in 1 minute in another platform. And then you still have to go build out the task to use the list. Having had lists that integrated into the campaign automatically before I found the tool clunky. I suspect that it is a god-send for SMB's but it is not a robust solution for businesses with over 50 employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about not only what you need now, but what you'll need in a year or two.

If you're not forecasting dramatic growth, if you don't need segmentation and user levels, or robust ROI and attribution reporting, and you're selling to only one kind of person then this might be the tool for you. For those who will need robust functionality I would look at an enterprise solution in leu of Hubspot.

On the other hand if you're looking to send a few emails, you're not going to have a lot of users and your sales cycle is quick and uncomplicated this may be the tool for you.

This tool is used to send out batch blast emails to a large list of subscribers.

HubSpot review by <span>Jannelle H.</span>
Jannelle H.

"They're great for research, but attack you with spam. "

What do you like best?

I can find a multitude of tools and gadgets to help me organize my workflow, create signatures for emails, and more.

What do you dislike?

Once you enter your email, they instantly begin to bombard you with irrelevant, spammy emails about all sorts of things that their team finds "interesting". Imagine having a slightly more technological Buzzfeed bot in your email every day.

I needed signatures to be uniform for my company. This was the quickest, easiest and free solution.

HubSpot review by User in Internet

"Frustrating at times."

What do you like best?

Without any coding experience, you can design emails with HubSpot, which is great for small teams.

What do you dislike?

As in all in one solution, HubSpot isn't bad, but when you try to hone in on one specific aspect (emails, blogs, or analytics) the platform falls short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HubSpot is great is you have a small team and can't build things on your own. But know that the software is frustrating at times and not always intuitive.

We use HubSpot to send emails

HubSpot review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Easy to use platform with limitations"

What do you like best?

HubSpot is very easy to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

It is designed mainly for B2C companies, does not adapt well to account-based marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a B2B company you should consider Marketo and Pardot. HubSpot does not integrate with SalesForce very well.

Finding better ways to flow data from HubSpot to SalesForce. HubSpot is great for content management and creation.

HubSpot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hard to Navigate"

What do you like best?

I'm not a fan of hubspot. It claims to be user friendly, but I find the interface to be clunky and hard to navigate when you are trying to get something done.

What do you dislike?

The interface is hard to navigate. My engineering team was able to create something that was more user friendly

We tried to it to track prospecting, but found that it wasn't as user friendly and for those that aren't tech savvy just didn't use it.

HubSpot review by <span>Bill N.</span>
Bill N.

"Not a great CRM"

What do you like best?

nothing really, the price was great to start with

What do you dislike?

prcing after the fact, complicated and bulky. felt like was back with ACT version 4

Recommendations to others considering the product

find something else

way to hard to teach, glitches, and support issues it did not solve anything but caused a headache.

HubSpot review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Downgrading the Customer Support Score"

What do you like best?

The user interface is great - straightforward and intuitive. The functionality is clean and useful.

And when things do get more demanding? The customer support team is probably going to be good at helping you.

80% of the time, the person on the other end of the phone has the skills necessary to address the issue. 10% of the time, they actually find the person who has the answer, and get back to you - usually within an hour. see below for the missing 10%

What do you dislike?

Hubspot generates a lot of data; I am sure it is all useful but it is more than we can handle. We are not a large company, we have tried to outsource Inbound Marketing to Hubspot certified professionals and it does not work.

Companies get larger and products change and new processes get introduced and even though things are supposed to be better? some parts are not as good as they used to be. Which is what has happened here. Hubspot got big, and they moved to an COS and everything is supposed be better, but the customer relationships are not as good as they used to be. They have over 400,000 users now, so yeah, it had to happen.

Customer Support is losing ground. 90% of the time they can help (it used to be 100%)... that final 10% of the time, you are on your own. Help files are wonderful, but seriously... if their help team cannot find an answer, is it at all likely that you can find the answer in the help files?

Customer relationships was the thing that made Hubspot great, it's gone now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to hire a dedicated resource for Hubspot, probably with a steep learning curve.

Maybe you can go with a Hubspot certified professional, but it is unlikely if you are in a niche market. Even then, be very very careful as these professionals have told me some very strange things (e.g. 3 CTA per page, right/left/bottom).

We use our website for lead generation.

HubSpot review by <span>Debi L K.</span>
Debi L K.

"Not so hot"

What do you like best?

I like the free trial but not worth looking into further

What do you dislike?

Locations are way off, history of time opened is gone when there had been a log of it.

None

HubSpot review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"Not for everyone"

What do you like best?

Tracking people when they open email and visit your site is like working in a store. We were able to interact with prospects and score their activities based upon persona and buyer cycle. Consulting Support staff were superb and łet us know that features we really needed were not yet developed.

What do you dislike?

When using HubSpot, you are pushed into having them take over your blog. We had superb ranking in Google until we migrated to the HubSpot platform. Then, our site fell off the grid and there was nothing HubSpot staff could do. Be careful with this step and the setup if you already rank well in the SERPS. The HubSpot blog implementation was very poor and lacked many key features. Yes, we were forced to use their UI to setup and configure our site. When we migrated back to Wordpress, it took months to undo the damage.

Setup costs were very high considering what they needed to do. The HubSpot certified partner, recommended by HubSpot for implementation, were very ineffective and assigned inexperienced staffers to our account including a new hire with zero HubSpot experience. It was a costly nightmare that needed to end, we were locked into an annual contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful... It can be quite costly to use this service and you risk your website ranking at the same time and for those reasons, we are not recommending HubSpot

The distraction caused by using an incompetent HubSpot partner was unbearable. We learned that inbound marketing with HubSpot takes a tremendous amount of effort, attention and energy. They also do not cover all data collection channels and left us looking around for better, more professional tools.

HubSpot review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"HubSpot has great resources, but the email marketing is insane! "

What do you like best?

I love reading their resources and you can tell that the team takes their time to research the most up to date information for businesses!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the emails and phone calls from the staff once downloading a .pdf. I feel if a company wanted to do buiness with a thought leader it wouldn’t come from a bombardment of emails and phone calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for the emails phone calls once downloading their resources.

Social media marketing eesources.

HubSpot review by <span>Molly C.</span>
Molly C.

"Seemed good but was inadequate "

What do you like best?

The interface is good! User experience on the actual app is good.

What do you dislike?

The customer support is extremely lacking

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you connect with a good customer service rep.

We actually aren't solving any problems with this CRM

HubSpot review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"HubSpot in a Nutshell "

What do you like best?

The 24/7 customer service, it was nice to have experts always available to answer your questions.

What do you dislike?

The promises HubSpot would say about their platform and all it could supposedly do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you research, HubSpot isn't a bad platform just isn't the platform that is promised to solve everything..like most HubSpot reps tell you.

Marketing Automation, was the primary reason I used HubSpot. The integration with internal sales tracking software wasn't great a huge letdown.

HubSpot review by <span>Mallory S.</span>
Mallory S.

"Really didn't have the in depth detail that I was looking for"

What do you like best?

The software's organization---very user friendly, concise, clear

What do you dislike?

I don't do a ton of inbound marketing and found less of a need for this

Tracking abilities that keep note keeping much easier

HubSpot review by User in Financial Services

"Generally positive; functional but would like more horse power (features, analytics)"

What do you like best?

Easy interface for administrator use. Decent metrics, and fairly easy importing/exporting.

What do you dislike?

Integration with CRM and other lead generation platforms is klunky and not as user friendly. Would like more sophisticated analytics tools and ease of extracting data. Would like easier event invitation/RSVP tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are using SalesForce, go with Pardot

Email automation. Event invitations/RSVP tracking

HubSpot review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Not a great tool "

What do you like best?

I liked that it has desktop notifications when recipients read messages.

What do you dislike?

The Opens were tracked inaccurately (tracked when I opened them too) and user interface was not user-friendly.

I used this service briefly for sending outreach emails. I did not benefit from this service, and quickly moved on to a different one.

HubSpot review by Consultant in Furniture
Consultant in Furniture

"Great if you set up your marketing around this tool"

What do you like best?

Hubspot has figured out how to make marketing automation easy for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

However, if you have any unique situations or are not using all of the Hubspot tools and integrations, it becomes a very expensive addition to your marketing stack.

Email marketing, landing pages, contact management

HubSpot review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Not Satisfied"

What do you like best?

Easy to build email campaigns and landing pages.

What do you dislike?

Anything out of the ordinary they don't know how to do. They can consult you through it, but have to pay extra. After consulting it might still not be posible to do.

Organized Email communication with customer.

HubSpot review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"It's more so for smaller companies/startups"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive UI. The only problem is that some of the most utilized features are very nested.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how some features are very nested

We're trying to gain analytics into the behaviors of our users. We've realized that event tracking is a big selling point for HubSpot.

HubSpot review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Hubspot Review"

What do you like best?

I liked the classes that Hubspot offered and the ease of the sales portal.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to get certifications, I didn't like that it's ridiculously expensive. It's very cult-ish.

It becomes a business more than a business solution.

HubSpot review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Daily spam "

What do you like best?

I liked some of the big picture details.

What do you dislike?

I was constantly getting emails that i didnt need to see at that moment. The notification settings needed refinement.

Company launched new web site and wanted to microanalyze every event/hit.

"Way too bloated"

What do you like best?

They share good insights and they know what they are doing.

What do you dislike?

The software is slow and bulky. It is not easy to user and not user friendly.

None. We only use it cause our clients like it

HubSpot review by User

"Doesn't do any one thing well"

What do you like best?

CRM is free, customer support usually pretty quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't do any one thing well. CRM is free but have to pay for reporting. Marketing automation software is okay.

Using as CRM and marketing automation tool.

HubSpot review by <span>Matt H.</span>
Matt H.

"Not W3C compliant across HubSpot"

What do you like best?

The ease of e-mail marketing on their platform

What do you dislike?

The whole platform had issues with W3C errors across their platform. I was able to confirm that our template was not at fault. When I brought this up to HubSpot they got really defensive. However they did recognize that I had found a system wide issue with their landing page system. Rather then fix them, they promised me that a new version was due to be released that would address this issue.

I used this product as the Lead SEO analyst at http://www.beamalife.com this past winter.

Their where other issues such as mapping the robots.txt file and sitemap.xml to the right positions.

All in all, it was OK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a W3C validation of your website.

Make sure to map the url of the sitemap.xml and ronots.txt file to the root level.

HubSpot review by <span>Anthony d.</span>
Anthony d.

"Lacking software suite"

What do you like best?

Marketing automation tool is good and robust.

What do you dislike?

Other features are lacking or better served elsewhere.

One solution to multiple business problems.

Learn more about HubSpot

HubSpot Videos

Learning about HubSpot?

* We monitor all HubSpot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.