HubSpot

HubSpot

4.3
(3,575 reviews)
Optimized for quick response

HubSpot is a leading growth platform. Over 52,000 total customers in more than 100 countries use HubSpot’s award-winning software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. Comprised of Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, and a powerful free CRM, HubSpot gives companies the tools they need to Grow Better.

Work for HubSpot?

Learning about HubSpot?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

HubSpot Reviews

Ask HubSpot a Question
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • For Category
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
For Category
Industry
Showing 3,574 HubSpot reviews
LinkedIn Connections
HubSpot review by Jeffrey G.
Jeffrey G.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source
View Original

"If You're Not Using Hubspot, You Should"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about HubSpot
HubSpot review by Bruce C.
Bruce C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great tool to get started on Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

I really like the UX of Hubspot. It's beautifully laid out and everything is easy to find. Creating Workflows is easy and the logic is easy to understand. The email builder is not overly complicated to use and the File Manager allows the user to make edits in the HTML source code. Support is amazing with Hubspot. The best in the industry, for sure.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a big fan of using modules in the email and landing page builder. I Hubspot could make creating templates a little bit easier. I also think there is a big opportunity in the reporting area. Reporting is not that easy with Hubspot and its difficult sometimes to get the data you want.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

All corporate emails, workflows and landing pages. We send out a lot of evites to our costumers we use emails a ton. We used to use if for social media publishing but we started using social studio.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
HubSpot review by David C.
David C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"¡HubSpot es la mejor parte de mi día!"

What do you like best?

He trabajado para cuatro compañías diferentes utilizando HubSpot para tres industrias diferentes y siempre me ha encantado. Ya sea que su empresa sea B2B, B2C o incluso ambas, HubSpot tiene las soluciones para usted. Me encantan los flujos de monitoreo social y las opciones de programación. Además, crear flujos de trabajo automatizados para hacer un seguimiento de mis clientes potenciales con correos electrónicos dirigidos hace que mi vida sea mucho más fácil. (actualizado 1/24/19)

What do you dislike?

A veces puede ser un poco problemático, pero HubSpot está mejorando constantemente y aparece nuevas formas de mejorar sus herramientas. Si alguna vez tiene un problema, su equipo de soporte siempre puede resolver los problemas de manera oportuna. Creo que su informe es un poco escaso.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si estás nervioso, ¡no lo estés! El software HubSpot puede parecer abrumador, pero su contenido es útil y perspicaz.

Hacen que sea increíblemente fácil escribir grandes blogs con contenido altamente enfocado y enfocado. Sin embargo, su vista de SEO te lleva a optimizar tu blog para asegurarte de que hayas incluido las palabras clave que seleccionaste y de que tu blog esté listo para salir con el mejor aspecto posible. He sido cliente de HubSpot durante dos años y seguiré siéndolo durante los próximos años.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Nuestro sitio ya no estaba clasificado en absoluto debido a la forma en que se configuró nuestro sitio y la completa falta de contenido valioso. Además, nuestros equipos de ventas y marketing tenían la impresión de que todos los que visitaban nuestro sitio estaban listos para comprar. HubSpot no solo ayudó a más personas a encontrar nuestro sitio debido a la facilidad de publicación de contenido, sino que nos ayudó a comprender rápidamente que no todos los que vinieron estaban listos para comprar. Luego, tomamos las herramientas HubSpot y creamos flujos de trabajo de fomento de clientes potenciales para nutrir nuestros clientes potenciales desde el momento en que nos encuentran hasta el momento en que están listos para comprar.

HubSpot review by Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"HubSpot is the best part of my day!"

What do you like best?

I've worked for four different companies using HubSpot for three different industries and have loved it every time. Whether your company is B2B, B2C, or even both, HubSpot has the solutions for you. I love the social monitoring streams and scheduling options. Plus, creating automated workflows to follow up on my leads with targeted emails makes my life so much easier! (updated 1/24/19)

What do you dislike?

At times it can be a bit glitchy but HubSpot is constantly improving and coming out with new ways to make their tools better. If you ever do have an issue, their support team is always able to solve issues in a timely manner. I think their reporting is a little lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're nervous - don't be! The HubSpot software can seem overwhelming but their content is helpful and insightful.

They make it incredibly easy to write great blogs with highly targeted and focused content. Their SEO view walks you though optimizing your blog to make sure you've included the keywords you targeted and that your blog is ready to go out looking the best it can! I've been a HubSpot customer for two years and will continue to be one for years to come.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Our site was no longer ranking at all because of the way our site was setup and the complete lack of valuable content. Plus, our sales and marketing teams were under the impression that everyone who visited our site was ready to buy. HubSpot not only helped more people find our site because of the ease of posting content but it helped us quickly realize not everyone who came was ready to buy. Then, we took the HubSpot tools and created lead nurturing workflows to nurture our leads from the time they find us to they time they're ready to buy.

HubSpot review by Jasmine L.
Jasmine L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"HubSpot is Great! Would Definitely Recommend"

What do you like best?

I love that HubSpot is convenient and easy to use! I also loved that they offered free courses on marketing so that I could learn new skills and freshen up on new skills that I already had! The teachers in the course were very nice and it was easy to follow along to their lessons. I use HubSpot nearly everyday and its a very good tool to have as a marketer in training! I am so glad that I was introduced to this awesome product! I never before used a tool like this.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I would like to see from Hubspot is maybe more courses to look into! Only because they were so enjoyable. Also when I first started using HubSpot I was a little confused. I am not sure and don't remember if HubSpot offered a tour or tutorial on how to use it. My boss had to sit down with me and show me how to use the website. It is a little bit difficult to locate the learning center as well, I think it should be placed in more noticeable spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you try this product 10/10

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

HubSpot makes it easy for my coworkers and I to share our work with each other. Also HubSpot is a great tool that we use to stay organized.If I don't know where something is, my coworkers can easily show me where something is.

HubSpot review by Jens S.
Jens S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Solution"

What do you like best?

I have introduced Hubspot to multiple businesses I am involved with and people are always impressed with its integration options and workflow abilities. Personally, I am impressed that it is a great match regardless of the industry you are in. I also like it that it doesn't require much training to get into it.

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat pricey and, sometimes, the workflow feature is just too simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering it for a startup company or small business, you should look no further: This is the best solution out there! I have tested like 10+ similar solutions and none of them came close to this one when it comes to features and integration options.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I initially started using it for my enterprise software development business and it turned out to be a great match covering everything from customer engagement (works well in combination with MailChimp), customer relationship management (it automatically adds some informative data to many customers, great customer data management capabilities) and sales (it works extremely well to document customer communications). A great match for my enterprise software development company! Encouraged by the great results, I stared implementing it at another business I am involved in. A farm! What a game changer. It is so easy to use that the sales people could see the benefits before even using it. Now, it helps them with building meaningful customer relationships while staying focused on sales activities. The farm is even using it to track customer activities on their web page. Very helpful!

HubSpot review by Nicolás A.
Nicolás A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"HubSpot, a milestone before and after, in the way to achieve results for those responsible for Marke"

What do you like best?

I like the possibility that HubSpot gives you to grow and learn together with them with each new activity, module or method that HUBSPOT incorporates into your marketing platform. I value that it is an integrated and easy-to-use digital platform to support marketing, CRM and sales for the whole team. We migrated to the HubSpot platform from several solutions: content such as HootSuite and MailChimp for email marketing. I emphasize that I worked with MARKETO for three years and I can assure you that HUBSPOT surpasses it in the attention service and the assistance of resources to solve problems.

In summary, it became much easier to have our team working on a single platform, with the same metric techniques and business analysis throughout the sales funnel process. We started with a bit, looking for fast profits, with more and more confidence, then we activated more effective tools and improved our ROI.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive for some business models that use large amounts of lead. It is possible that the values ​​of the prices in Argentina are different from the prices of the USA or the EU.

When you need to work with sales opportunities in different currencies it is not possible. To get a pipeline forecast you can only use one type of currency. In countries like Argentina it is very common to work with services in Argentine pesos and software in dollars, this form is not possible for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. You understand the impact of the incoming marketing methodology. The marketing processes of the new marketing, from the outgoing to the incoming

2. The Academy is an excellent platform, motivates a business model with a new vision.

3. Begin to migrate by stages 'automation gears' to be able to do the same with less staff.

4. It is an intuitive and easy-to-use all-in-one platform to serve your marketing, CRM and sales teams

5. Agile methodologies, is a premise, with shorter meetings with the team based on the boards and KPI.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We made it possible for our entire team to look at the business from the perspective of "Entry Marketing" and we are working on a path to follow our business in an increasingly digital business environment. Our previous experiences of telemarketing, platform orchestration, etc. no longer adequate results were achieved or needed more, it was with the "input marketing methodology" and the unified HubSpot platform that we achieved new results. All the members of our team are certified in Inbound Marketing and it is part of the induction process of a new employee, you must first be certified to start interacting with your colleagues in the same language. The methodology, we make sure that we all understand each other, that, in the same way, of quality on a regular basis to serve our audience, how to distribute our content on the networks automatically, more efficiently and the ability of all. of our efforts and areas where improvements are needed.

HubSpot review by Gowtham M.
Gowtham M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Smart CRM platform "

What do you like best?

Unlike any other CRM platforms ,I found HubSpot to be very smart ,simple and easy .

It helps me to generate my leads and get in touch with my leads efficiently and maintain the records in safe and secure way .

It helps me to create tasks ,send unlimited emails,calls ,logs and many more .

Its also helps me to sort my leads in any particular order so that i would view

the lead data any time which makes my work very easy .

Various options like scheduling meetings ,appointments ,to-dos are its key features .

Emails sent through HubSpot can be logged and tracked which helps me to connect with my leads

whenever needed .

No coding problem .

Calls made through HubSpot can be recorded .

Email sequence helps me to lessen my time and effort and to generate old or lost leads which helps to increase the revenue .

What do you dislike?

Everything seems to be fine ,the only thing which am concerned or dislike is that

at times whenever I get a new lead it is hidden and there are chances of missing out the opportunities from those leads

,where if it displayed on the top or highlighted would be more

convenient for me to view the new leads and get in touch with them in the right time .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend HubSpot for each and every one who is dealing with sales and marketing as it make your

work very simple and easy where you can increase and develop your organization's revenue and its goals .

various options like create tasks,send unlimited emails,calls,logs scheduling meetings,appointments,to-dos are its key features.

In short HubSpot is Smart ,Simple and easy CRM platform .

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Sales and Marketing ,It helps me to generate my leads and get in touch with my leads efficiently and maintain the records in safe and secure way .

It helps me to create tasks ,send unlimited emails,calls ,logs and many more .

Its also helps me to sort my leads in any particular order so that i would view the lead data any time which makes my work very easy .

Various options like scheduling meetings ,appointments ,to-dos are its key features .

Emails sent through HubSpot can be logged and tracked which helps me to connect with my leads

whenever needed .

No coding problem .

Calls made through HubSpot can be recorded .

Email sequence helps me to lessen my time and effort and to generate old or lost leads which helps to increase the revenue .

HubSpot review by Frances W.
Frances W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The Brain of your Business"

What do you like best?

What I LOVE about Hubspot is how it integrates with everything! Literally my coworker and I were strategizing and brainstorming about tools we would love to have in our arsenal and he says, "Let's see if Hubspot integrates with that or has an internal app for it." It did! I am so impressed by its versatility.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the only drawback with Hubspot is that it is SO inclusive and intelligent that it can be overwhelming to learn for a new user. The Hubspot support is stellar, but for the average business owner, there is SO much that Hubspot can do that it can be intimidating to know where to start and what you need and don't need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Hubspot to those who are truly looking for a brain to run their business. Hubspot is so smart and it literally can do anything you want it to. It's like a business partner that doesn't argue or show up late to meetings! Haha :)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Hubspot has solved the problem of a CRM within our company. We also use ActiveCampaign but that has served mostly for the email campaigning capability. We needed an advanced CRM where all users could keep better track of the contact with the client and we know who has done what and who is doing what. Hubspot has been solving that for us. We have yet to fully adopt it, but the capabilities that it has are so exciting! Every problem we have can be solved by Hubspot!

HubSpot review by Chris H.
Chris H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Serviceable, Easy-to-Use Marketing Automation for the Uninitiated"

What do you like best?

HubSpot serves as the centralized hub for all your marketing efforts at a growing company. The email, workflows, blog, and integrations with Salesforce have made this a very useful tool at many of the companies I've worked at. It's intuitive enough to get lots of sales and marketing people familiar with the tool with little effort.

What do you dislike?

While it is inviting for marketers who are new to automation, it has limitations for veteran automation experts that live and die by Salesforce.com data. For example, there is no way to create lists or workflows based on campaign responses in SFDC. You'll have to come up with workarounds or manually build out programs as your business scales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you live and die by information in Salesforce.com, I would recommend evaluating other tools that integrate better with SFDC. There are some pretty severe limitations if you use SFDC campaigns or are pursuing ABM programs.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We implement marketing nurture, email newsletters, list uploads, marketing automation and operations, lead capture, and blog through HubSpot. It helps us reach out to people at scale and fuel the sales and marketing engine at the company.

HubSpot review by Karolina S.
Karolina S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I use Hubspot on daily basis, for Marketing purposes and I find it very user friendly and easy. "

What do you like best?

I like the idea of having it all under one roof. To be able to post on social media, create blog posts and emails and not worry about managing all platforms separately. I also appreciate the calendar. I love the "schedule your post" option - I can create posts ahead and simply schedule for them to be posted later. Data analysis is also very helpful, you have it all there. Create the posts and then watch the results. Interesting also is the theme o topic clusters and pillar pages. I also apprieciate how easy it is to create the pop up forms. I use on in our blog.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have a tool for keywords analysis and search within Hubspot. I also ould change the settings in the LinkedIn posts (Social) - as not every picture looks great after posting - it seems as if the format doesn't always match, even though I use the Edit picture option as well. This is a technicality. I could use more pictures to be able to add for FB posts , however it's not a very big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend it! It makes my job and life easier. Having it all in one platforms makes it easy to plan, work and have time for creativity. Also very important is the support - any time you need help via phone or email - a very professional and nice person is there to assist. This is really very important.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Hubspot provides an easy way to manage my tasks, to plan them ahead. This is a great way to keep everything in order. The calendar is easy to use, very intuitive dashboard.

HubSpot review by Charmaine M.
Charmaine M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great All-In-One Product"

What do you like best?

I love that all my emailing, marketing, sales, landing pages, and even social media management is all available within this one tool.

What do you dislike?

The free version doesn't provide enough for it to be worth it and the levels of upgrades are too far apart. There needs to be more price brackets. That's for my personal, small company.

For my day job, we hate that any email that comes into the company is immediately created into a contact. So, for example, if your husband sends you a quick email to your job or if a solicitor sends you junk mail, Hubspot logs that information as a contact and your email is available to everyone at the company to read.

This doesn't seem like a huge deal until you realize that, if you need more contacts after you max out (I think its 500 or something like that) it's an additional $5K to upgrade and get more contact space.

AND, you have to manually tell Hubspot not to log each individual email. Most people I know receive well over 100 emails a day so it's not plausible to ask them to go through each of those emails and tell Hubspot not to log them or their conversations on top of their daily work.

We are currently working with Hubspot for a solution to this but it seems ridiculous we even need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a small learning curve so plan to do some light training with everyone who will be using it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using one product for what we were using 5 or 6 products. It's an all-in-one solution.

HubSpot review by Stacey P.
Stacey P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"HubSpot Overall Review"

What do you like best?

HubSpot makes it easy for Marketing to send out emails to multiple contacts but also makes it easy for Sales to follow up with leads and create new customers.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not found anything that I dislike about HubSpot. I would like more notification when a new feature is rolled out. Although it may not be a huge feature even the smallest ones affect sales on their day to day. Other than that I think HubSpot is doing a great job overall!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a division between your marketing and sales team HubSpot is for you! If you are finding a hard time getting leads or follow ups HubSpot is for you! If you want to track what your customers are looking at to better help them find what they need HubSpot is for you!

Their customer service is always there to help, they get back to you quickly with an answer or will get an answer for you quickly. They will change their platform to better suit your needs. It is meant to be used in different ways by different people. HubSpot makes it so that it works specifically for you and makes your day to day easier whether you are in Marketing or Sales.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to see what customers are clicking on in emails and what web pages they are looking at on our website help us to determine what to continue using and what to improve on. We have noticed a lot of things that we were including in our emails were things that customers didn't care for and we were able to replace them or revamp them.

HubSpot review by Nicole L.
Nicole L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Digital Marketing Tool For Any Team"

What do you like best?

Hubspot does it all. From digital automation to CRM to hosting landing pages - there's virtually nothing hubspot doesn't do. And they do it all very well. We're currently using hubspot mostly for digital automation and we have it integrated with salesforce (our current CRM). We can automate all of our campaigns from start to finish and build the workflow with ease. It's been a great tool for us because now we have the built in analytics to show us how we're doing too.

What do you dislike?

The older style was a little clunky - they're doing much better since upgrade but there are still something ease of use issues when getting into templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for any company and any size. Digital marketing is the way of the future and hubspot ticks all the boxes in delivering a well rounded package for any needs. Hubspot can easily compete with any other digital automation software out there and their training/support is second to none. It's an amazing product that launch your company into the realm of digital with an easy to use and very palatable sytem.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We solved multiple problems with hubspot - the biggest being that we didn't have a digital plan in order until we did! The best tool for us now is the analytics - numbers don't lie so I like that I can show the data trends and present them as facts and not just playing a guessing game based on verbal feedback.

HubSpot review by Janelle L.
Janelle L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The perfect solution for marketing, sales, service, CRM and more!"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of the HubSpot mentality and process. I have led the implementation of HubSpot at three different companies now and got to see firsthand the vast improvements it has allowed us to make with our sales and marketing. My favorite aspect is that it is a one-stop-shop. I was using 10+ apps before to accomplish what I am able to do with HubSpot alone.

What do you dislike?

The customer service has been increasingly unhelpful. When I first began using HubSpot I felt that everyone I talked to was knowledgeable and helpful but I don't feel that way anymore. I've always admired HubSpot's "customer delight" mindset but I feel as though it stopped being an internal priority. Everyone you talk to is highly siloed and cannot answer any questions even the slightest step outside of their "expertise." I often get bounced around multiple times until I land on the person who can actually answer my question.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using HubSpot for essentially the entirety of our Sales and Marketing efforts. We are in the process of transforming from a mass-marketer and catalog marketing company to an efficient, digital, and inbound-based company. We have been using HubSpot to help lead us in this transition.

HubSpot review by Angela D.
Angela D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Love this tool"

What do you like best?

HubSpot is great for a team of any size. From a 1-person marketing team like me, to a team of 100, HubSpot can do it all and it really does make my job much easier. I love that I can automate emails, track success, and quickly and easily publish content to my visitors without hassle.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reporting isn't the greatest, but they are making updates all the time and it sees to be improving month after month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for. HubSpot has everything you need and more in a marketing system.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I couldn't do my job without HubSpot. I am the only person in our company that manages the marketing, and I would greatly struggle to be productive without the tool. From email, to landing pages, to social media, and more, HubSpot does it all and helps me to be successful.

HubSpot review by Charlotte V.
Charlotte V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

The people that work at HubSpot. Extremely service-minded and helpful. I love the videos they make to help you out with questions. Support tickets followed-up in no time. The certifications is very helpful to learn the basics in both inbound marketing but also Hubspot, and the movies are very good and educational - the speakers are great.

What do you dislike?

The page is not always structured in an intuitive way. Some things are really hard to find - i.e. how to edit the email templates. Need improvements on this area. Kind of hard to get that there is three different places to edit the website and blog - both under Marketing > Website, in the design manager and in settings. I understand the different functions but it would be more optimal to have it all in one place. Or at least a good user manual on where to find things in HubSpot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the software

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Creating a new website, keeping track of customers and deals, marketing analytics, CRM, email conversations. It's beneficial to have all in one place.

HubSpot review by Nallely M.
Nallely M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Overall satisfied but sad because never received an email confirmation about the certification."

What do you like best?

You can track the progress done and continue withe the remaining topics. I also like that you can pause and speed the videos and download the transcripts of each video. The FAST TESTS!!! I really liked those 3 tricky questions about a topic.

What do you dislike?

Practical exercises required a percentage of success so they can count towards the accomplishment of them. I was very disappointed of the fact that because a landing page did not had more than the required CTR did not count or was valid as one of my practical exercises. Also, I was so happy that I passed my exam with a 70/75 but when I realized that the certification was not completed because of some practical exercises I felt that all the process and progress was not valid. I honestly want to finish the HubSpot Software certification and add more certifications to my profile but I'm worried that the result will be the same in all of them. I love HubSpot, I'm really into it and promote them with friends...As an agency we're working hard to complete the Agency certification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Inbound marketing platform for your own company and clients. It is a learning process because as you advance in building campaigns for your clients you acquire knowledge.

As far of certification make sure you complete all the practical exercises before you take the exam. Do not stop learning, continue watching videos and learn more and more! The platform is so versatile that they offer new and great content everyday.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Problems solved: Effective Lead capture, Automatic response to email, design and email templates. Content pages and pillar pages. We use to track keywords when the tool was enabled (we really miss it!)

Benefits: optimize websites for SEO. Contacts and prospects in one platform. Social Media/Content calendar online and visible to all the users of an account, lead flows!!

HubSpot review by Lydia N.
Lydia N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Highly recommend HubSpot"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about HubSpot is the tracking and analytics. It's so easy to see how many clicks, views, etc. that a landing page or call to action is getting. I am able to gage how well certain e-mails perform and what topics my customers like to read about in blogs. It really helps my company make informed decisions about what content we put in front of our audience based on their interactions with previous content.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I dislike about HubSpot is the formatting toolbox, specifically in blogs and on landing pages. Sometimes it is hard to format text how I would like it to look. I can always make it work, but it's not always the easiest. I end up playing around with styles and spacing to get everything consistent. It would also be nice to have a format painter that could clone formatting and apply it to another area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend HubSpot to others if you are looking for a platform that houses multiple areas of marketing and sales functions.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

HubSpot has allowed our marketing team to create leads for our sales team to follow up on. It is such a great platform to track the activity of leads and put content in front of them that is relevant to them and beneficial to their decision-making process. Through HubSpot, we have realized that relevant content creation and education of our products will more likely turn a lead into a sale.

HubSpot review by Amanda E.
Amanda E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Great for Agencies and Individuals Looking to Learn HubSpot"

What do you like best?

Course instructors break down the information in ways that are easy to understand, and the material is not dry at all.

What do you dislike?

The upside to the course is that anyone who shares the portal can share portions of the practicum. This is extremely convenient for agencies who are getting certified and have subject matter experts who may not use the entire HubSpot portal, but I always felt it was a little like cheating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for companies who have larger marketing and sales departments to justify the high cost.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

HubSpot (Pro) is the best software I have ever encountered. It has nearly everything someone needs for online marketing, and the company is always innovating more ways to make marketing easier. If you have 10 different types of marketing software working together, HubSpot can probably replace a bunch of those. However, Pro comes at a steep price point compared to its free counterpart, and it's not worth it unless you need all of the features.

HubSpot review by Lawrence L.
Lawrence L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Hubspot is like the Tesla of Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

I use HubSpot EVERY DAY! I mostly am creating marketing emails and landing pages. If you have a decent understanding of the HubSpot Design Manager, you can do just about ANYTHING! This is an easy win!

What do you dislike?

I will say there is a bit of a learning curve. I was using HubSpot everyday for a good month until I considered my self fully aware of everything I can do with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HubSpot is going to be a great tool for your marketing efforts. My biggest take away is having all of your tools on one platform. With HubSpot you will be able to monitor all of your analytics. You will be able to create emails. If you have access to the drag and drop feature with emails, it is a GAME CHANGER! It is still in beta, but you can create some amazing emails with this feature.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing Emails, Landing Pages, Our Website, Automation and Lead Scoring. These are the big ones for us. They are an easy task with HubSpot and I would say the biggest benefit is having everything in one place. This saves a ton of time!

HubSpot review by Ana  B.
Ana B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A ver complete tool which is also easy to use"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can have all of my information on a single platform makes everything easier to overlook, understand and manage. From a simple glance I get to see what is going on in my project and the things that could be better.

I also love the fact that the software keeps on developing new things like the bots. Even tho, they are not included in the price we were paying, the fact that companies now have the option to integrate bots into their websites is very valuable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when there is a problem with the platform or some tools on it, the help center isn't so fast to reply or give answers. Ticket solving could really be better and faster.

It has also been challenging to compare the different results between Google Analytics and Hubspot. Often, the results for campaigns or visits vary and it is a bit confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an expensive tool but it is worth the money.

In order for it to work, everyone abroad needs to be sure that the software wil help them achieve more goals

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

There have been quite a few actually but "automization" has deffinetely been one of them. The fact that I can create smart lists and develop workflows to send to these lists, help me to keep clients loyal and aware of everything that is going on at the company as well as to send me important messages

HubSpot review by Maureen H.
Maureen H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"HubSpot Marketing review "

What do you like best?

The HubSpot platform has an exceptional design and format- the user experience is one of my favorite things! New add-ons are easily taught and the transition is never a tough one since the platform and tools are so seamless between one another.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the rate of improvement for the Blog and E-mail modules. I think it is a little clunky and there can be a plethora of more design and editing options- things like drag and drop are finally in demo but that should have been put in place awhile ago.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Our business is not a traditional retail model, we are B2B and work with TAMPS (Turn-Key Asset Management Platforms) that do not provide real time data to us so it is extremely challenging to calculate ROI or lead generation. Our HubSpot CSM tries her very best to try to fill in these holes for us so having the Customer Success Manager keep us on track has been a benefit to our team.

HubSpot review by Harneet S.
Harneet S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Advanced CRM and Marketing Automation Software for (Almost) Everyone"

What do you like best?

Hubspot offers an all-in-one solution that makes a marketer and salesperson's life easy. I really like the detailed reporting on sales/ deals as well as the ever-expanding templates for marketing and email purposes. They recently added planning features as well which our team really likes and uses.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little expensive for scale-up companies since your price is based on the number of contacts and that can grow very fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can always start free or get one of the startup pricing packages to start with and then decide if it's worth for you or not. Hubspot can feel a little expensive in the start but once you get a hang of it, it pays for itself.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

For us, it's all about the one-stop-shop for all contact-related data, sales/ deal management, marketing automation and nurturing leads. Overall, the most important benefit is having everything in one place - you know all about the actions a prospect/ contact took and you can trigger workflows to nurture that lead and manage them once they become a deal/customer.

HubSpot review by manuel C.
manuel C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"perfecta plataforma de automatización de marketing"

What do you like best?

Blog en evolución, plantilla web y herramientas de diseño, y herramientas de correo electrónico, Realmente me gusta, puedo ver todo en un solo sitio. Recibí mis correos electrónicos y también revisé nuestras búsquedas pagas y orgánicas. Es realmente fantástico.

What do you dislike?

Quisiera más herramientas de análisis, aunque están agregando más y mejorando algunas. Se podrían agregar características más útiles a la herramienta de prueba de páginas A / B. Después de usar algo tan simple como MailChimp, Hubspot definitivamente tiene un poco de una curva de aprendizaje. Solo toma un poco de tiempo y realmente no es tan difícil. ¡Aprendo lentamente a veces cuando se trata de nuevo software!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hubspot es fácil de usar y satisface la mayoría de nuestras necesidades comerciales. Yo, y otros en mi equipo, hemos experimentado que Hubspot es bastante fácil de adoptar y el soporte ha sido bueno.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Usamos Hubspot para email marketing y nutrición. También para nuestro blog y algunas landing pages. Lo uso principalmente para blogs y páginas web, así como para las herramientas de análisis. Hemos creado campañas y campañas de correo electrónico exitosas con la automatización del correo electrónico de Hubspot; Y disfruto la facilidad de construcción de la página. Todo nuestro equipo puede trabajar en publicaciones de blog, no solo en aquellas con conocimientos de codificación. Hubspot también ha sido fácil de aprender para mí y para otros miembros de mi equipo que eran nuevos.

HubSpot review by Andrea V.
Andrea V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hubspot es una herramienta muy potente pero, en mi implementación, hemos tenido varios problemas"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy potente, tienes visibilidad de todo y la automatización hace que las tareas sean más sencillas. "Campañas" me gusta mucho porque puedes conjuntar las distintas acciones para una campaña o proyecto y monitorear los resultados individuales y globales.

What do you dislike?

Tiene muchas limitaciones a nivel de programación, lo que hace que devengan problemas de SEO posteriormente. En el Academy no tienen todos los cursos con subtítulos y algunos que los tienen están mal o desfasados, eso se convierte en un problema para capacitar a los equipos que no saben inglés.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asegurarse que al implementar se lleven a cabo los pasos correctos, sobre todo si se migra desde otro CMS, verificar que se haga correctamente o el SEO se verá afectado

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Gestión de contenido. Es más sencillo solucionar errores y en "Campañas" tengo visibilidad de todas las acciones de mkt ejecutadas para una campaña y los resultados obtenidos.

HubSpot review by Elliot P.
Elliot P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Robust Marketing Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Evolving Blog, Web Template and Design Tools, and Email Tools.

What do you dislike?

Would like more analytics tools, though they are adding more and improving some. More useful features could be added to the A/B page testing tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hubspot is easy to use and satisfies most of our business needs. I, and others on my team, have experienced Hubspot as being pretty easy to adopt and the support has been good.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use Hubspot for email marketing and nurtures. Also for our blog and some landing pages. I use it mainly for blog and web pages, as well as the analytics tools. We have set up successful email nurtures and campaigns with Hubspot's email automation; and I enjoy the ease of page building. Our entire team is able to work on blog posts, not just the ones with coding knowledge. Hubspot has also been easy to learn for me, and others on my team who were new to it.

HubSpot review by Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Confusing but ultimately successful"

What do you like best?

HubSpot is a beast. As a company, they really have thought of everything. Their platform is so extensive. No matter your marketing needs, they have a feature that supports it. What I like most about HubSpot is the analytics. You can customize your dashboard so you see the metrics that matter most to you and your company, every time you log in. Our company is extremely data-driven, so it is nice having data on literally everything. How many times an individual person opened your email, whether they read or skimmed it, how your campaign is performing, etc. Their analytics are amazing.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit odd. You can either pay $50 or $800? Quite the jump. I get why they are sunsetting basic...but at the same time it was another opportunity for people to stair step. HubSpot has played a huge role in our company's growth. We are a young 4 year company, and if HubSpot's pricing was what it is now four years ago, there is no way we would have been able to purchase the software and then start selling the services we do now to clients. I get it is an investment, but it is an investment that small, young companies can't pay for. Unless they get starter, which has been improved, obviously, but it still does not include everything a young marketing company would need to get started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to money to invest, do it. Get in now. They are absolutely ahead of the game, and their knowledge and experience can really help you get off the ground. Even if you have to start small on one of their Starter hubs, do it. The data and insight you get is amazing.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We have one source for all of our marketing efforts. We do not need 4 different pieces of software to completely market for our clients. HubSpot has everything. That has made it easier to sell to clients as well. If we sell them on Hubspot marketing, it is easier to encourage them and show them the benefit of Sales and Service hubs. They already know HubSpot, they know we are experts with the software, and they don't feel like we are just introducing software after software making them spend money. We are just expanding the software they already use to better support their business.

HubSpot review by James M.
James M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Very Wonderful and Awesome Experience"

What do you like best?

It is really simple to use this programme. It works very well and it is very easy to sign up. It really does it all i.e helps send emails to my contacts. With its recent upgrades it has made the software even better and faster. They have the best customer care service who are very helpful when they are needed. It is also very secure.

What do you dislike?

It is a quite costly software, one pays 200 dollars to get 100 contacts and an extra 100 dollars to have 1000 contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HubSpot is among the best marketing, sales and service softwares in the world. Do not waste time looking else where, HubSpot is the way to go.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It has helped connect with my contacts through email and has also helped manage our social media. It also helps us to communicate well with our customers.

HubSpot review by Charles M.
Charles M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best as all the softwares developed by hubspot"

What do you like best?

Among the marketing softwares we can find many, but without a doubt the best is Hobspot that takes care of all the monotonous tasks so that you focus on the proposed goals. With Hobspot you can know what your customers do on your website and even when they make their decisions what is a complete follow-up.

What do you dislike?

I really would not have any problem with the software in general, it would only be a small opinion about the language, some sections are completely in English and this is usually a hindrance for those who do not handle much the language, but in general Hobspot is a complete software and any doubt that being present is solved with the help of support.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Hubspot gives me a detailed analysis of those who visit my website, with this my tasks are much easier to perform, when they recommended this software I had no idea how great it is and I am very happy with the results, it does so many things Manage my database and schedule ads on social networks.

HubSpot review by Casey H.
Casey H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Great CRM and Marketing Automation Tool That is Constantly Bettering Its Platform"

What do you like best?

HubSpot is always improving and offering support and advice to help marketers improve as well. HubSpot values the fact that by improving marketers, their platform will perform its best. The platform is constantly making improvements and staying on the cutting edge of marketing techniques.

The platform is easy to use for users. A large amount of support material in the HubSpot Academy ensures users have all the information needed to make valuable marketing material efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Although support is always available, the support team relies heavily on the HubSpot Academy (Which is available through any HubSpot question Google search). Before I reach out to support, I Google my question as well, it can be frustrating to have the same article I just read that did not solve my problem sent back to me.

The website tools are easy for less technical users but this leads to limited possibilities for more advanced customizations.

Lastly, the emails cookie users, this can be a great asset in tracking users across devices however, this causes issues when contacts forward emails and then have multiple emails/names associated with the same cookied user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the HubSpot Academy during onboarding to ensure you are taking full advantage of the available features.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing automation is the primary purpose of my HubSpot use. HubSpot has been critical in enabling my clients to create emails quickly, sort email list effectively, and manage workflows comfortably. The free CRM alone offers many benefits but the additional marketing, sales, and service tools enable companies of all sizes to increase their marketing efforts without the need for constant updates and individual emails.

HubSpot review by Sara L.
Sara L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hubspot is a very useful software for marketers"

What do you like best?

Hubspot is a software with a very good bot. This bot is very, very easy to set up and it is also free. They also provide a very good free solution to create pop-up forms to get leads on a website. I think it's quite complete software, even though I don't use all the features.

What do you dislike?

I think the pricing is a bit high and that there were more options for form customization in terms of design, but the product is really good. Can't really complain, from a standpoint of using the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work for a small startup, the free version of this software offers good, useful features to help with inbound marketing.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Capturing leads from our company blog, and creating a conversational bot for lead qualification. Only started using it recently so I can't really speak to results - yet.

HubSpot review by Julio M.
Julio M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"We are a growth agency and HubSpot is the perfect technology and company to support us."

What do you like best?

So much to mention, but if I had to concise to two it would be the following:

1. Evolving platform. Never resting on past success and constantly creating technology responding to our agency needs for how dynamic consumerism has become.

2. Incredible Support. From our channel consultant (she rocks) to our Channel Manager (always find a way to help us on-board new clients at the business development level) the support is second to none.

What do you dislike?

What makes HubSpot great is also it's biggest opportunity. The technology evolves SO MUCH that pricing/licensing is adjusted accordingly. This becomes a constant learning process and has to be constantly monitored in order to continue giving correct licensing/pricing information to our clients.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

All of our growth strategies are pillared on HubSpot technology - from content strategies to social media postings. HubSpot truly allows us to have a blended offering combining technology and human behavior.

HubSpot review by Arun C D.
Arun C D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Fabulous All in One Integrated Digital Platform for Marketing, CRM & Sales"

What do you like best?

An integrated and easy to use digital marketing platform - the Growth Stack - to support marketing, CRM & sales for the entire team. We migrated to the HubSpot platform from a sea of scattered solutions - a Wordpress site with several extensions, keyword research with Google Analytics, Keyword Planner, etc, distribution of social media content via several tools like HootSuite, Gmail & MailChimp for email marketing, etc.

Life became a lot easier to have our team working off a single platform. We started off small and with increasing confidence we turned on more effective tools and improved on our ROI.

What do you dislike?

It can be pricey for some companies. It may not have features that enterprise grade customers may expect - more granular authotization settings, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reasons to consider HubSpot:

1. You understand the impact of inbound marketing

2. You wish to migrate from 'islands of automation' so that you can get a lot more done with fewer motivated staff

3. Intuitive and easy-to-use all-in-one platform to serve your marketing, CRM & sales teams

4. Shorter meetings with the team based on the dashboards

5. The Academy is an excellent platform for driven individuals to go as far as they choose to. Key side effect is that they burnish their personal/professional brand with the certifications and improve their career opportunities.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Getting our entire team to realise that Inbound Marketing was the way forward to drive our business in an increasingly digital business environment. Our previous outbound practices of telemarketing, organising events, etc were failing to produce suitable outcomes. Everyone member of our team is Inbound Marketing certified. It is easier for them to understand why we need to generate high quality content on a regular basis to serve our growing audience, how we can distribute our content on multiple social media platforms in a more automated way to be more efficient, and the ability of everyone to review the analytics to determine the success of our efforts and areas where improvements are required.

HubSpot review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hubspot is the best Spot! "

What do you like best?

The best piece of Hubspot for promoting is the way that you can see everything - details, messages, online journals, social, presentation pages - across the board put. Our organization is one of a kind in that we oversee numerous brands under our parent image, and Hubspot makes it simpler to have these different substances together and oversaw under one program. Planning things early, computerizing messages, making layouts, facilitating records... the rundown can continue endlessly for the quantity of accommodating highlights that I depend on consistently!

What do you dislike?

While Hubspot works to perfection of working with us to suit our one of a kind circumstance and number of brands, there are times that we experience issues with how it communicates with our other programming, for example, Salesforce.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It provides a wide variety of tools and options to make my job much easier.

HubSpot review by Michael L.
Michael L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Features and Service to Go With!"

What do you like best?

I like how versatile the software is, as we can handle all the social posting, email marketing, managing contacts, workflows, forms, landing pages all in one place. We really don't need to rely on other vendors or platforms to run our Digital Marketing Machine! Service and support is top-notch! And if you follow Hubspot's customer 1st methodology (which is continually evolving), you definitely improve your sales, service and client retention... this is one of the biggest bonuses of working with them in my opinion

What do you dislike?

There are glitches with the social posting features at times, but we handle such a large volume of posts that it is understandable and it relatively minor for us. We always get great service and support to handle the issues!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate what you need, especially in terms of the # of contacts you upload. This will determine your pricing. But you will find plenty of features for any of your digital marketing needs so take your time to evaluate Hubspot and speak with a representative for customized recommendations.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can manage all our social posting needs at scale, as we manage a social media campaigns for 200 Franchise locations with over 190 FB pages, 180 Google + pages and multiple Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts. We not only save time with the social posting features but we can see how engaging or effective our content is and easily re-purpose and evaluate it.

HubSpot review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Amazing, robust marketing software"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s marketing automation, landing pages, blogging, website hosting, social media, emails, a CRM, chat, lead gen tools, ppc & Paid social - and that’s just the marketing side (which is all I know). Plus you can track and report on literally everything I listed and more.

What do you dislike?

The blogging tool is super sweet, but it has to be a blog.domain, which can present some design and SEO challenges if you have an archive of blog posts you’d want to bring over. Then again, I haven’t visited this I several months, and it would nor surprise me AT ALL if Hubspot fixed it in this time zone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. Take the online training, get certified, pay the $500 for the in-person training classes, and start doing better marketing.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Tracking marketing efforts, tracking revenue, generating leads.

HubSpot review by Sergio R.
Sergio R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"There is no better tool"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy tool to use and get started with if you already know something about inbound marketing. As a platform, it's one of the best I've ever tried. It's really complete and they seem to keep adding new features every now and then. In addition, they have a great partner and certification program. It is a good solution for any marketing agency. HubSpot allows a very high ROI, as it helps you to focus on what really matters, allowing you to automate all other processes and create a fully professional sales funnel.

I recommend anyone to try your free version as they will end up buying it.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the tool is currently a bit high. They should add more capacity to the management accounts. They should also improve onboarding, as it becomes difficult to use in the first few weeks.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

HubSpot has helped my agency to unify all the inbound marketing applications we were using into one. We chose this tool because it is much more powerful than other solutions on the market and could help us manage all our leads, keep them organized and automate communication with them.

HubSpot review by Peter D. Z.
Peter D. Z.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"A powerful tool for brand visibility"

What do you like best?

What has been most useful in the planning process for our marketing team is being able to set up a blogging subdomain for our company's website. Really helps boost our SEO.

We are able to manage multiple social media accounts with minimal effort, something that took a lot of time before to post is now super easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The tool is pretty difficult to navigate. There is so much you can do with it which is awesome but the learning curve is intense. The learning curve is very big. get used to learning a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it but come into it with a plan of attack before wasting time on the platform. Take tutorials before signing up and take the support they have seriously. You can't learn this software in a day.

Work on separate things with the rest of your team and divide the workload between everyone

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can post on all social media platforms synonymously.

We are developing a content marketing strategy from the ground up.

We are able to post content for our company through the blogging tool.

We are able to monitor traffic on all platforms including our main website.

We can maintain contact with all our prospects through email campaigns.

HubSpot review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"HubSpot is a Game Changer! By Far the Superior Marketing Platform. "

What do you like best?

You can access support via phone, live chat, or their support portal. You can even submit a request for someone to call you...and they'll call within 5 minutes. Support is knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer they will quickly go find it. You feel like a priority when you talk to support.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that we dislike about HubSpot. By far the most superior marketing platform on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial. No other providers offer this. Get your hands dirty and then ask questions. The platform is robust and will take some time to understand all the ins and outs. But, once you do, you'll be well on your way to marketing success.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

HubSpot gives us a 360 degree of all of our marketing activities. It is literally the "hub" of 95% of everything we do. The power in that is that we know what works and what doesn't, which saves us money, time, and makes us look like heroes to management. Design, automation, and integrations are seamless which awesome.

HubSpot review by Srikanth K.
Srikanth K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"IF THERE IS NO HUBSPOT! THERE IS NO DIGITAL MARKETING"

What do you like best?

Hubspot is one of the top most CRM which i can prefer and refer to any individual website or businesses websites which can integrate with. There are lot and lots of stuff we can find in hubspot that will make ease to work, promotions of blogs,landing pages, website pages and lots more we can do with Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

The same features which are all we used in Desktop the same features not available in Mobile Version,off course its there but tightened with admin rights. Hubspot can give access to what are the rights used from desktop access those are all permissions can be accessed in mobile sign in also.This feels very discouraging to me while i try to access hubspot in mobile.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Scheduling Social media posts, creating content clusters on various topics, creating landing pages ,creating,assigning,adding deals and so on.

HubSpot review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Trying to be all things to all people but really restrictive"

What do you like best?

not much, I have time to write this review as I cannot access any contacts in my hubspot database. Hubspot works well if you have a small contact set of very high quality leads that you wish to regularly keep up to date with via email and web content. For new customer acquisition at any significant scale outside of email and web it is not fit for purpose. They are not interested in partners who want to CALL their customer base at all so if you need to use CALLING as part of your pre-sales process run from hubspot right now, fast!

What do you dislike?

VERY VERY laggy

regularly unusable timeouts

Its so slow at the best of times

ONLY USE THIS product for email marketing - that is all. Its adaptability is pathetic and it lacks core essential features like a "SEARCH" function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are doing email marketing ONLY do not bother.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

None, but I can say its helped create business problems as the business has had to adapt to hubspot.

HubSpot review by Nick A.
Nick A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great all in one solution for Marketing Automation with loads of useful info for marketers"

What do you like best?

That it has all the bases of Marketing Automation covered and also powers my social and paid campaigns. I can track campaigns from awareness right through to delight in our customer journeys.

I'm using it to publish blog posts, manage landing pages, A/B test, share on social media, publish ads, run remarketing campaigns with smart lists and to push users back and forth between intercom and HubSpot. The HubSpot Knowledge centre is great for learning about the product and self serving from the future (NZ is a day ahead of the rest of the world so we struggle with time frames on a Monday to reach customer support in any US company). I'm keen to explore their bot making tools for Facebook and get really excited that their releases are so frequent.

What do you dislike?

That I can't manage Bing ads in the platform. That would be great. Being able to migrate from other platforms and bring in data would help too. For example migrating from Instapages I'd like to be able to bring across multiple variants and bringing the data across in terms of conversion rates as well would be cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great start and all round platform for a Startup in Early to Mid Stage growth

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's an end to end marketing automation and publishing platform. I'm using it to publish blog posts, share on social media, publish ads, run remarketing campaigns with smart lists and to push users back and forth between intercom and HubSpot.

HubSpot review by Christian E.
Christian E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My first 8 weeks"

What do you like best?

It's easy. Lots of helpful articles and even the chat and phone support has been great. This level of support gives me confidence. It's a big program so sometimes it's a matter of just finding what you're looking for and the help quickly answers that.

What do you dislike?

I'm not as impressed with their CMS program, which they call HubSpot COS. It's not as built out as WordPress and it's been a frustrating part. When we went with HubSpot we wanted a nice WYSIWYG web building tool because we want/need a simple website structure but even with what they have, we nee someone with a deeper understanding of HTML and other web languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. It's easy and there is quite a bit of support. I'm up in the air with the COS tool so consider this if you want to use HubSpot as a CMS. I'm sure once we get it up and running we'll be good.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Customer insights. We expect HubSpot to help us understand or customer's digital experience with us better and to make slight modifications to make their experience better. So far, we have seen help with our social media, emails and forms.

HubSpot review by Clwyd P.
Clwyd P.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"HubSpot is the key platform for our business"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive functionality across marketing, sales and customer support. This is matched with a strong emphasis on ease of use which is important to get user buy-in.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be improved at enterprise level. This seems to be related to the regular additions and updates to the system. It can sometimes be seen that new functions are released without equivalent reporting capability. However, this is generally only a matter of a time delay before this catches up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put aside internal resource or work with an experienced agency and commit to a full implementation across sales and marketing to get the full return on investment.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

At Whitehat (https://www.whitehat-seo.co.uk) we originally purchased professional HubSpot marketing to assist our own marketing efforts and added the free CRM to replace the professional Salesforce licence we had in place. We had a massive amount of success within the first 9 months of use and made the decision to become HubSpot partners to offer this as a solution to our own clients. We have since grown to become HubSpot platinum partners. The ROI is very strong but requires a commitment on the part of the business to embrace the inbound methodology.

HubSpot review by Alexandra H.
Alexandra H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hubspot great! But not as all encompassing as one would think."

What do you like best?

I love all the abilities to create workflows and entire campaigns from start to finish. I like the ability to view analytics and the views of entire analytics of all campaigns and the ability to go into each singular campaign and view it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you cannot post a video to Linked in through social media automation. That seems very silly that a platform with such vastness would not allow you to post a video which is something marketers value to get their message seen and heard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if the price is really worth what you would need this platform for. There are a lot of other platforms out there (which I am experienced in using) that offer a lot of the same things for a competitive price.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I think HubSpot solves the bandwidth issue that encompasses most small business'. Usually the marketer or sales person would not have the time to go and post each email or social post and then go back and check of all the engagement and optimize and then send another email and cordinating social post to those who engaged highly with them. HubSpot allows these companys to create a campaign in advance and then decide which group of people gets what communications from them ahead of time so that their efforts can more closely be focused on sales and also the optimization and monitoring of the campaign.

HubSpot review by Alexandru D.
Alexandru D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Extremely useful service that would positively impact on running business"

What do you like best?

The integration with third party services such as Mailchimp and Wordpress for contact forms and lead capturing. The ease of use and the integration are the features that makes this software standing apart from the competitors. The pricing can be improved in lowering the fees, but on what it provides, it would be fair enough. The customisation of the integration plugin with Wordpress is very well done and it can be easily integrated with Wordpress platform as plugin.

What do you dislike?

A design declutter would look easier to use. The minimalism in UX would look for sure better. It is not a lack of feature that would impact on using, but a plus. Basically no contrary opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the solution that is extremely easy to implement, it is a out of the box, marketing oriented service that simply can be used by startups or corporate users. There are a lot of documents available, marketing guides and all kind of resources that can be extremely useful to novices in marketing . It is simply, on my opinion, the best solution for marketing purposes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The integration of GDPR compliant contact forms, mailing lists and CRM services plus management of contacts. The lead capturing script is simply brilliant. We could capture on a daily basis the visitors and it automatically pushes the contact, GDPR checked, to Mailchimp service, associated with the list of choice.

HubSpot review by Tess S.
Tess S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Awesome training videos, streamlined process for social posting, great techincal support"

What do you like best?

As someone who is still new to marketing, HubSpot's training videos and customer support were especially helpful starting out. HubSpot makes creating and promoting content across social platforms easy and straight-forward. Emails, too, have the templates and tools we need to create, edit, and review our emails collaboratively. We can also see advanced analytics for how our emails performed and what links people clicked.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see video integration for social media platforms. Currently, I have to upload videos in each platform to have a native video appear rather than a link. If there's a way to link HubSpot and YouTube, as well, that would help us, too. With video content growing in importance for our marketing strategy, it's becoming harder to measure our social engagement because we currently can't track that in HubSpot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The training videos alone make this product well worth it. But the analytics and easy of use are exceptional -- I wish I used this earlier!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Streamlining our marketing efforts -- collaborative editing has made the creation process simpler, and HubSpot's advanced analytics helps us measure how we are doing.

We are also starting to use HubSpot to track our leads from Facebook ads, which has been good so far. Their training video on creating a "Greatest Hits" grid to optimize Facebook ads was very helpful when we sat down to discuss our ad strategy.

HubSpot review by Megan  M.
Megan M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Super User Friendly"

What do you like best?

My team reviewed several marketing automation software options and settled on HubSpot mainly because of the usability. We really have limited IT support, so we needed something with a user friendly interface and the ability to do everything we need ourselves.

What do you dislike?

The HubSpot mobile app is a disappointment. You can't use it for social media, which is really the one thing we'd like to use it for. Having to log on to a desktop in order to send out a tweet is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go through a Hubspot partner for HubSpot set up and templating. A partner can also work on getting a good discount and negotiating a good price. The self-navigated online training is excellent, and the help functionality can answer pretty much any questions you may have. Make sure going into it you have developed good protocols for organization and approval management. It's easy to get disorganized or mess up others' work if you are not paying close attention, but this is probably the case with any marketing automation software. I can't comment on the CRM functionality because we use a different program, but it looks pretty robust. Might be a one stop shop solution if you don't already have another CRM.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using HubSpot to manage our email marketing, contact management, gated content, social media monitoring and lead management. With Hubspot we are now able to track our ROI in a much more meaningful way.

HubSpot review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to Use, But Could Use More Detail"

What do you like best?

The UX of this tool is amazing. It is easy to navigate, quick to learn and easy on the eyes. I enjoy using the tool and find that most of the insights it provides are applicable to my daily work. It also gives me insight into areas I would not have otherwise thought were important.

What do you dislike?

I wish the social tools had more insight into what times and days perform the best for our audience. For example, it could say that the best time to post on FB for our company is at 10am on Tuesdays based on past performance of our social posts.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It helps with my marketing reporting (weekly, monthly, yearly) and gives us insight into what content is performing best on our site. I really appreciate the social scheduling tool because I can schedule posts when I am out of the office. I also love the RSS feed functionality because it ensures timely scheduling of blog posts each day.

Learn more about HubSpot

HubSpot Videos

Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about HubSpot?

I can help.
* We monitor all HubSpot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
HubSpot
4.3
(3,575 reviews)