Do you work for Hubstaff?

Hubstaff Reviews

1-50 of 83 total Hubstaff reviews

Hubstaff Reviews

1-50 of 83 total Hubstaff reviews
Hubstaff review by Ashley L.
HR

"Money Saver and Time Saver"

What do you like best?

We can easily see who is doing their job and who is doing it well with this software. It is mind-blowing how many people will cheat you out of money, and Hubstaff helps you easily see who does that and who is worth their keep. There are many options in the settings that help you do exactly what you want to do. You can track hours for different projects/tasks.

What do you dislike?

With recent improvements on Hubstaff's side, there's really not much that I do not like. There's a ton of different features that I don't use, but I'm sure others do. The features that I do use are great and make it well worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no other software out there that does what Hubstaff does. Hubstaff has practically saved our business over and over with all of the money we have saved. Catching new employees who are only here to make money and not do a good job is essential. You can see the activity levels and the progress in their work. You can never know who is sitting there not doing their job, without software like this.

We can easily see which employees are doing what they should be doing and if they should keep their job. You are also able to see how many hours are going towards certain projects/tasks. Being able to SEE what employees are doing is major and has helped save us so much money and time.

Hubstaff review by Nathan B.
Managing Member

"Well worth the effort!"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff has made it possible for us to clearly communicate expecations and closely follow the output of our destributed staff and vendors.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be helpful if there were a bit more clarity between Hubstaff timekeeping functions and timekeeping as it relates to using their system to pay your team members. We had lots of confusion with this in the beginning, but the folks at Hubstaff were quick to respond and very helpful in getting us through the issues we were having.

Running any kind of distributed team can be a challenge. Hubstaff helps us to clearly communicate what we need from our Team Members and they can tie their work efforts directly to those needs. We can tell how much time Team Member 1 spent working on shipping x vs refactoring y. Very helpful.

Hubstaff review by Kelly K.
So. Cal Chicago Cubs Scout Team Coach

"Hubstaff is NOT Accurate in Assessing Activity"

What do you like best?

It keeps employees conscious of being watched, possibly paranoid, but that's OK.

What do you dislike?

I have Hubstaff and tested the "activity" analysis by working all day long on a variety of usual daily practices online. It showed 35% one day, 40% another day, 26% yet another. It is seriously flawed. Maybe working on Chrome is an issue, I don't know or care. I do know that any employer who relies on this as anything but something to grab occasional screenshots of a remote employee, is making a huge mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is only good for giving employees the feeling that they are being watched and had better work. BUT, it's not accurate in determining activity rate.

The company wants t make sure employees are working hard, as they should be. This gives them the feeling that they are being monitored. It is somewhat disturbing.

Response from Adam Ruhland of Hubstaff

Hi Kelly,

Activity is not tracked using the Chrome extension.

Here is our support article on how activity is tracked.

We don't believe any employer should rely solely on Hubstaff activity scores when assessing performance.

Hubstaff review by User in Higher Education

"HubStaff Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about HubStaff is that it allows you to see screenshots of timed work to record everything important in an easy way to view and browse through the screenshots of work for quality control purposes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you tr to look at a full week of work on timecards it is hard to view it all as you have to scroll to the right and left to view everything, or zoom out of the screen to see the whole picture. It's a bit hard to have to keep navigating through with the scroll bars to see the info so widely spread out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hubstaff has a host of features and an array of options available for time tracking and other methods and features. It is important to know why you want to use it in the first place so that it will benefit you.

Being able to track and monitor work for quality control assurances because I depend on those visual screenshots to help see what is happening on the team. Overall, I really have no issues with HubStaff as it does dutifully exactly what it promises to do and more.

Hubstaff review by Administrator

"Hubstaff gave us the confidence to open remote working to everyone"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff is friendly and easy to use, and we've not had any resistance from staff who find the tool easier than more traditional time keeping tools. One big factor in smooth staff acceptance the fact they could see everything their manager's were going to see, so they knew the process was transparent.

What do you dislike?

Logging into the site and having to select the app and not "Talent" each time was frustrating for users who were getting used to using the app. Microsoft Edge support is missing from the URL logging, which gives us only partial usage information for some of our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial and be open with your staff about your goals for introducing the product.

We wanted to allow development staff more control over where they work, and when they work. Using Hubstaff as our time keeping tool and project cost management tool allowed us launch the programme internally with a single new tool, helping acceptance and minimising risk to the business. After trailing Hubstaff with a small team, we decided to extend our planned remote working policy to cover everyone rather than just development staff, as we felt confident we had the tools to manage a company wide rollout.

Hubstaff review by Jeheen Mahmood Z.
Senior Data Analyst

"Perfect for Remote Teams"

What do you like best?

The automatic screen capture feature. This is important when all of your team is running remotely. It keeps them attentive to the task and they are then free to take their well-earned breaks.

It is easy to run the team on the team management page. When you have a large team that exceeds the plan, you can easily turn off the inactive members, then you won't be billed for the extra users.

The activity level indicator on the same page is also great. When you see it dropping, you can ping the staff and see whats causing the work slowing down.

This sometimes sounds like a Big Brother type surveillance. But when working with a remote team, this is very handy. And you don't always need screenshots. The Chrome add-on can keep track of time without the screenshots just fine. So use it as you need it.

What do you dislike?

The report generation is not totally intuitive. Some of the things are actually covered by several different pages simultaneously. I think it would be better to have each of the pages for a different purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely. It is value for money. There are features coming in, not as fast as you want. But they are doing it. Also, the features are really good as it is.

Accurate time tracking, easy report preparation and easy billable and payable calculation. Made invoicing a lot easier for me. Clients can have viewer accounts and can stay updated in real time.

Hubstaff review by Chiou Hao C.
Chief Operating Officer

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we are able to monitor our remote staff without too much overhead. It was easy to setup and we manage to set up Hubstaff within a day.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike. Generally the whole experience has been very pleasant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for remote staff.

We have significant amount of staff that are working remotely. However, there's no way to effectively monitor their productivity until we started using Hubstaff. It makes the employees more accountable for their time given that they already have the privilege of working from home. We were also able to understand the time spent on different projects to help us better staff the various projects.

Hubstaff review by Fernanda F.
Head Of Marketing
Cosmetics
(10,001+ employees)

"Exact difference of work"

What do you like best?

There are several things that I have noticed as positive in HubStaff's point of view, such as:

1.- Speed at the time of starting the software, the fact of opening quickly to its clients and administrators is quite progressive and efficient, since the vast majority take this into account to guide themselves if the program is worth the wait or not, together with all its characteristics, HubStaff has become a fast program that is firmly concerned with customers since the fact of offering the best speed is a factor to consider.

2.- Accessible test version, with the word "accessible" I mean that this program offers the facility that all the people can know the program firmly and give the positive or negative point about it, knowing each one of its corners and Seeing what makes this software so influential.

What do you dislike?

The negative things that I have noticed about HubStaff are the following:

1.- Very bad design, the design that it has is very bad and this although many people do not believe it, it influences a lot when choosing a software. I think that this program should improve this interface so that people are more encouraged to use it and can have a better concentration with the time they are taking.

2.- Prices, the prices that HubStaff has are very high, this company places these prices because they think that their functions or what they have implemented in their software are very expensive, and even if they are, they should think more about the client and offer accessible prices for all where each of the companies can afford the tariffs implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program because I have seen that there is a very big difference when it starts to be used, and I believe that in any company where it is applied, it will show results immediately and exact differences, they can take the time of each work without any interruption and exactly measured .

This program has benefited me a lot because easily each one of my employees and I as Administrator, we can remotely control the time that is being worked or in other words, the elapsed time of work, you can also take the extra time, within my company The Payments factor has benefited me more, because with this program we can configure its characteristics and place automatic payments every so often, this factor has saved us a lot of work since we do not have to spend long time to get a figure to pay for each person.

Hubstaff review by Ashley A.
Jefe de ventas
(10,001+ employees)

"Cheap, automatic processes and instant payments."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Hubstaff are the following factors:

1.- Taking of time of projects.

The taking of time in Hubstaff is quite beneficial and I think that this is the factor that gives a strong point to this software since it shows the amount of time invested in each task performed by each worker for each of its responsible, this platform counts with multiple tools that facilitate access for each person to activate or deactivate the timer whenever you want, this to achieve a better work organization and the employee can enjoy different tasks or tasks, so that the administrator of them , can see the percentage worked for each one.

2.- Define payments automatically.

This is the most beneficial thing that it has since thanks to the incorporation of PayPal in this platform, you can pay with a single click to all the employees measuring automatically the time they worked, this is quite innovative since it saves a lot of time to the administrator.

3.- Prices.

The prices offered by HubStaff are extremely low and in this way it offers a platform that is quite efficient and beneficial to all those people at affordable prices where a large number of companies with low financial resources can fully access their functions.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any negative points in this software, since until today I have not had any problems and there has been no interruption, this software is completely designed to measure and with the best innovations in the market, thus providing a platform where the administrator can work efficiently with clients, and provide variable times and extra work times, measure that time to pay an adequate amount of time worked, and the best, automatically. I hope this software continues to offer the best to its customers and without any errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program because it is at a really affordable price and any company could pay for these rates, this way you will enjoy a program that will do the work for you, it will show you percentages of work, graphics and much more, all in one software that will help you to completely change the habit of your company.

This program has benefited me a lot because I have managed to successfully control my staff and have led to a better organization within my company, since we make instant payments and in a conceited and automatic way, it is quite good that the program makes the Most of the work for you because you can dedicate yourself to other more important things while you save time with this software. I hope I continue to provide these benefits over time so that my company can follow the path it is currently going.

Hubstaff review by Jason B.

"this software helps me keep my workers honest and tracking time and payments owed accurately"

What do you like best?

I like that this serves as a checks and balance system for not only keeping time but screen recordings while managing a remote/virtual team.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could kind of set the screen shots to auto play almost like a online phonebook instead of clicking through them one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software to record your teams screen to ensure they are working on your project and track how much you own them then this is a great software. Also good to pull up at the end of the year and see how much money you have paid to a specific contractor.

Time keeping as well as a checks and balance system for ensuring remote workers are working on my project and only billing me for time worked on my specific project.

Hubstaff review by Nikki Marjorie C.
SEO Specialist

"Track everything. Anytime. Anywhere."

What do you like best?

Hubstaff works both in my personal and professional life. For the former, I use it as a sort of makeshift to-do list, where I have to finish my tasks within a given amount of time. It's especially effective at helping me with this because I have a set daily routine. For the latter, we have it installed in the office. It helps our managers keep track of what we're doing all day and ensures that those who work hard are rewarded. It also tells them what we've been working on.

What do you dislike?

It hangs up quite often, especially when updates are incoming. I noticed that it also causes my laptop to boot slower, which is why I have it disabled at startup and then I have to manually tirn it on after. Not ethat reinstalls resolve this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would you kindly:

- Integrate a to do-list feature within the app's dashboard. There's a lot of empty, vertical space anyway.

- Integrate a timer system where it notifies you when you've been working on a certain task fo X amount of time, just to let you know that you've done it enough or that you've been doing it for too long, etc.

Hubstaff helps me at work because:

- It lets me know how long I've been working on one task

- It pings me on the rare ocassion when I faff about too much

- It allows me to take notes of what happened during the day

- It's a great way to record my own activity, which helps come performance evaluations

Hubstaff review by Gabriela G.
Director

"Hubstaff is the best app to track time!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and the fact that you can have screenshots and activity levels (mouse and keyboard movements), that is very important when you have a remote business. Also, their support team is great, they always get back to me very fast whenever I'm having issues.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like it's the price, you have to pay for a plan instead of paying for each person you add, therefore if you have 31 employees you will have to pay for the 40 members plan even if you are not there yet, which can be expensive if you are a startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this software if you have a remote team, and even if you don't, it is very helpful and will save you a lot of time, also you can pay attention to what is working an what is not for your business so you can make things better each time.

We can keep track of every team member, you can see their screenshots and activity leveles (mouse and keyboard) that way you know if they are being productive or not and if they are doing what they're supposed to, it is the best software I have used for time tracking.

Hubstaff review by Dyan T.
Admin Assistant
Internet

"Is Hubstaff efficient enough?"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about Hubstaff is, it's so easy to login and once you're in you can start tracking your hours. Simple start and stop button and you're good!

What do you dislike?

I hate the idea that once your idle it automatically stops the time. For some it may be efficient to use to see the productivity of their employees but for some that only uses hubstaff to know the total hours of work, idle may be present specially if it requires you to research and read beyond your PC or laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who needs to keep track every move of their employees this is Go getter! But for those that only needs to track the hours daily I DO NOT recommend this! It will annoy you in clicking start button again after being idle for only 7 minutes!!

None that I could recall when we were using this. At first it helped with tracking hours but with it being idle when you haven't touched your keypad or mouse for 7 minutes annoys us the most!

Hubstaff review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Robust, Reliable, and Easy to Use Time-Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Excellent support, intuitive and effective user interface.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Truly great product backed by an incredible support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HubStaff's support team is incredible. There were some reporting requirements that we wanted to see added to HubStaff's product so we sent a feature-request to them, and they actually implemented them in under two weeks. Their implementation of our request was perfect. Usually with most companies it will take months or years for feature-requests to be addressed, but HubStaff took care of it right away. I'm still really impressed by how responsive they were.

Tracking time our team spends on individual client's projects and on internal projects.

Hubstaff review by Luis Daniel F.
Comuniti Manager
Higher Education

"Good Tracking of employee time and effort."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and it doesn't bog down my computer while running in the background. I work remotely for an organization that use Hubstaff. And, it helps me by saving my time and energy to maintain and report time logs for the work I do. I like the feature that it allows easy switch between projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometime when I am watching a tutorial or reading something it down grade my active percent, should consider this more, cause its part of work

"Owner"

What do you like best?

I love the dashboard and ability to store contractor and client pay/bill. I also think the customer service has been great.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't use the Client field in the basic. I asked to pay just for that feature and was unable to. I also don't like that the ability to integrate into QB online doesn't work in a practical way. I had to buy an API so we could use both. I also wish I was able to store the client's email in their profile so we didn't' have to enter the email each time we send a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allowing non-premium clients to use the Client field

Allow emails to be in the system for Clients

Having billing and pay info in one place

Response from Cristina Denz of Hubstaff

You can add emails to clients when setting up the client. This is covered in this support article https://support.hubstaff.com/how-do-i-add-clients-to-hubstaff/. Also, if you haven't done so would you mind contacting us at https://support.hubstaff.com so we can understand more about your QB online issue?

Hubstaff review by Carey D.
Senior Security Consultant

"Best Timer App"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff is the best timer I have experienced with, having experienced many timers as far this is the best. I have two machines mainly windows and ubuntu they have both support for both OS. I like about it when during offline the app can cache eight hours of work unlike other timers. I like also the web interface on which I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly quota. The report has preset's for a time range and also can adjust the timezone settings, no confusions on the reports.

What do you dislike?

Doing a network error hubstaff would nag about to report a problem and pop's up a feedback form, actually it's not's hubstaff problem but the network error. The nag screen on hubstaff is so annoying and it does not have a cancel button just a send button hope the programming team would improve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Hubstaff app for remote offices.

The time card, being a remote employee it's hard to justify the painful hours I work, the app being able to monitor every ten minutes along with screenshots help me to get paid on the hours i rendered.

Hubstaff review by Sonya S.
Founder, Product Manager

"Great experience all over"

What do you like best?

What is really valuable for our remote team is the screenshots feature that enables us to stay on track with the progress without disturbing the team.

What do you dislike?

When the screenshots are made there is a pop up that appears notifying our developers hat a screenshot is taken. With some team members we make multiple screenshots every 10 minutes. That could be really distracting

Hubstaff simplifies the payments to our team and rather than spending our time doing paperwork it gives us the opportunity to focus on developing and delivering value to our customers.

Hubstaff review by User

"Really Poor Experience"

What do you like best?

Seemed like great company with solid product at first. Was the first time tracking software I tried and liked their functionality.

What do you dislike?

Few major issues:

1) Don't offer great payroll options; for some reason they can't get integrated with paypal, payoneer requires 20k usd to be sent per month, and this other company bitwage is just sketchy and doesn't have their act together.

2) Dishonest pricing - rather than charge a flat price per seat, they say they need to charge based off minimum users. This really just inflates the actual cost per user. If they feel the need to charge more, just feel confident enough in your product to do so.

3) Extremely disappointing customer service. By the end of my time, I felt like they were some type of victim that I felt sorry for. A couple examples "If you have contacted them and have no response there is nothing we can do". Another time: "I do not know what you are asking for our thoughts on".

I switched to TimeDoctor and the customer support was the opposite. First five minutes of chatting on intercom: "Let me find the right team member for you." Received a call in the next few minutes to personally onboard me with a screenshare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TimeDoctor seems like a better fit for me just based on pricing and support to-date. Their payment options were more robust.

Better time tracking of self and team as well as an automated payroll system for contractors.

Response from Adam Ruhland of Hubstaff

Hi,

We're sorry you didn't have a great experience with Hubstaff. Please reach out to adam@hubstaff.com and I'd love to help make things right.

Hubstaff review by User in Consumer Services

"Good software but % isn't always accurate"

What do you like best?

I like that employers can see what their employees are up to during their shifts, although the screenshotting is a little intrusive. But to see a general % of work being done and sites visited, as well as any feedback from the employee on what happened and why is great.

What do you dislike?

Screenshots are unnecessary. If any employer has the time to look at the hundreds of shots throughout the day, that's a lot of wasted time. Also, the % of work being "done" isn't always accurate depending on the position. For example, a writing or research-based job takes more time to look at/make sense of things before starting on the work, so it may show only 20% active when the employee is using that other 80% to research/read/understand. Whereas someone in data entry may show 90% work being done, since it's a very active-typing job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't always take the % worked at face value

Tracking of employee time and effort.

Hubstaff review by Andy S.
CEO

"Great way to track tasks are being completed"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see how many hours have been worked with proof from screenshots to ensure that what has been agreed to be worked on is being completed.

What do you dislike?

It meets all my current needs. Additional features could flag up to the user that they have exceeded a set period of inactivity?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool when you have remote workers and you want to know that they are completing the tasks assigned. We implemented this as we got burned by a previous remote employee who did not perform but as they were remote we could not prove anything.

Knowing what is being completed when you are located in a different country than your employee

Hubstaff review by User in Education Management

"Great Simple way to track hours"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting, how you can see hours worked per day, week, or month. and also how much money is owed depending on the pay period cycle. I also like that there is both a screenshot option, or manual time logged, as depending on the task, one will be better suited than the other. Reports also make it easy for me to do personal accounting, which can be a challenge for those of us with a few freelance projects on the go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes entering in hours is a bit clunky, like scrolling down to select am or pm, which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a fantastic product, really helps account for time at either a macro or a micro level, depending on how you set up the options. You can have a project and several sub tasks, which is great for really being able to see where time is going.

Really helps to show where my time is being spent, you can filter down to not only which project I've been working on , but more specific tasks within that, to better account for my time.

Hubstaff review by Armand F.
Managing Director
(Myself Only)

"Love the Idle tracking in Desktop App"

What do you like best?

I love the idle tracking in the desktop app and the monitoring available for my agents.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot manage tasks from the desktop app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try

I frequently need to get up from work to attend to my children and I would often forget to clock out with other systems. The idle tracking relieves the stress of me needing to guess on when I got up.

Hubstaff review by Bidur S.
Business Analyst / Software Project Manager

"Easy tool to monitor remote work"

What do you like best?

I like the feature that it allows easy switch between organizations and projects. I work remotely for different organization that use Hubstaff. And, it helps me by saving my time and energy to maintain and report time logs for the work I do.

What do you dislike?

At times it hangs and stops recording the time worked. Although there is a manual editing option to fix it, but at times we loose track of time and hence have to manually fix the records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool if you work or have people work remote.

Monitoring work done remotely.

Hubstaff review by Allyssa A.
Inside Sales Associate
Real Estate

"How I use Hubstaff"

What do you like best?

I can to pause and continue anytime. It is a great tool since I am a working mom.

What do you dislike?

When I get back sometimes I forgot to click the start button again, I hope it can have a notification pop up message If I start working again after I pause hubstaff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a working mom like me, hubstaff would be a great tool for part timers and admin workers for remote workers.

It enables me to gauge my working hours and manage my time between work and family.

Hubstaff review by Administrator

"Overall score - 8 out of 10"

What do you like best?

The software is reliable and it was easy to get my VA to connect and start the tracking progress.

I also got many recommendations on that software and that's what made me choose it over the others

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find myself overlooking for simple reports that I need. so I'm not sure that it's the ideal interface. also, I'll say the price per VA is a bit high. I have total 2 VA's but only one is using the software due to the price.

I believe that I save many $$ at the end of the month bcz my VA now knows that he is under tracing.

Hubstaff review by James M.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Internet

"A Remote Worker's Only Needed Resource - Same for Clever Workplaces."

What do you like best?

Hubstaff started out as just the platform that a remote working employee uses to get their client see accountability for the work done, but it's so much more now. I like how I don't have to calculate and produce invoices for my contract work with clients, Hubstaff does this for me!

What do you dislike?

There is hardly anything not to like. Even when you're going through a dry patch, their Talent Marketplace alongside the motivational blog platform will push you towards the best kind of client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you won't regret the move.

1. Invoicing for hourly contracts.

2. Talent Scouting.

3. Brainstorming for business development.

Hubstaff review by Fatima P.
Director

"My experience with hubstaff"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Its allowed me to keep track of my work while i am working for my customer´s projects

Keeps track of mouse moves, clicks and general working

Takes print screen every 10 minutes

What do you dislike?

Sometime when i am watching a tutorial or reading something it down grade my active %... should consider this more, ´cause its part of the job

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use!

Tracking time of work.

Prove of the work its been done

Hubstaff review by Yakin S.
Volunteer

"Best software to keep track of hours working"

What do you like best?

it tracks perfectly the number of hours, tagged with correct projects as well as tasks. awesome tool ever seen

What do you dislike?

the pricing plans and navigation can be improved a lot more

Recommendations to others considering the product

best tool to track time of your employees working remotely

tracking time my employees worked on any project

Hubstaff review by Administrator

"Great product, very easy to use."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the use. Customer service is also top-notch - both times I received a response within MINUTES.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Though I do wish it had the feature to automatically start and stop a timer, rather than manually having to start and stop it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy and cheap. It does the job. I have no issues. We've dropped the hours that were charged, once contractors know that their computer is being monitored.

Outsource employees. Also, employees that work remotely

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Comprehensive Toolkit"

What do you like best?

The basic functionalities are easy to grasp, and further options are provided for a great personalised experience. The website has more functions, while the iOS App has a few basic options.

What do you dislike?

The phone applications could be optimised. Viewing the website on theiOS Hubstaff App cuts off many crucial buttons as the user is unable to scroll sideways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easy-to-use, yet comprehensive time monitoring toolkit. Project Management is integrated into the monitor system seamlessly.

Employee hours management, project management.

Response from Cristina Denz of Hubstaff

Hi,

I am sorry that you are having mobile display issues. Our developers are working to improve this already and some of the updates have already been released. I hope you stick around so that you can see the other improvements. You can always contact us on support if things are not working correctly at https://support.hubstaff.com.

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

Customer support seems excellent. Great to see the support staff really making a concerted effort to answer questions or issues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point as everything seems fine. I myself am not tech savvy so this has been an issue but that has nothing to do with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to learn the software so you'll be more proficient and have less technical issues when you encounter something challenging.

Accountability of my virtual staff

Hubstaff review by Riley S.
Founder & Head Of Growth

"Great tracking"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use, screenshot feature is good to check on staff

What do you dislike?

Payment gateway methods aren't so good - All require high volume or high fees with the third parties.

Tracking freelancers to pay them correctly

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hubstaff has helped streamlined time tracking employees"

What do you like best?

the time tracking feature is great and helpful. i am able to track my employees time. the screenshots are helpful at showing me what my employee is doing.

What do you dislike?

the payroll feature should be more streamlined. I feel it should be more simplified. If I am trying to see a specific date range, that should be easier to do.

time tracking. If feel that is important because i have a virtual assistant

Hubstaff review by Bart B.
CEO

"Has stronger business implications that I initially imagined"

What do you like best?

At first I thought that Activity measurement and screen shots were going to be way too "big brother"ish. However, in our company all of us work remotely and we knew that this was being abused by a couple of employees. Hubstaff made both the time being worked and the activity level of our team very obvious very quickly. This allowed me to ask a little more of some of our team and to better understand the limited productivity of others. I've used this information as a coaching tool to work to make the team better and more productive.

What do you dislike?

The software was initially a bit buggy and I had to revert several versions on my Mac to get it working. This has not been an ongoing problem beyond the first couple of weeks of use (and we are now months in.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You will be surprised by what you learn from activity tracking and screen shots (we found one employee was massively distracted by their personal email daily for instance).

We had employees we suspected were presetting their hours in Toggl but were not actually working during those times. Hubstaff made that potential issue go away immediately (people learned not to log time where we had repeated screenshots of the same thing with no activity quickly). We also eliminated the ability to manually enter your own time. This in combination with coaching those who have consistently low activity has resulted in better productivity at a lower overall cost for the business. We are also using Hubstaff to split out hours for client billing purposes.

Hubstaff review by Bernard W.
Managing Director
Entertainment

"Non Intuitive UI. What "automated payroll"? Robotic-like support staff."

What do you like best?

The tools for tracking employee activities are awesome. Especially how you can monitor the different apps and the amount of time spent on each.

What do you dislike?

If you're looking for a solution as an alternative to Upwork / Elance, then don't look here. Firstly, the interface is far from user friendly. It looks great and clean, though when you think of the word "intuitive", run in the other direction from Hubstaff. It seems they really need a bottom/up approach to sorting this out. Start with a clean slate. As a starting point, I don't believe having the one control panel for both employer and employee works because you're forced to have to clumsily stumble around trying to make sense of where you've placed the features for each user type and what terminologies you’ve used for each.

The biggest issue for me by far though was the 'Automated payroll' feature which was the only reason why I bought a monthly subscription. I guess you could say I was sold on the idea of “automated” (funnily enough). Now for those that have been in the outsourcing business for any length of period, will tell you that 'IT'S IMPERATIVE TO GET YOUR CONTRACTORS PAID ON TIME EVERYTIME'. Well... low and behold... when it came time for this, my paypal account was unable to transfer the $80 for payment because there was 'insufficient funds'. So I contacted the Hubstaff support line and they informed my that there were insufficient funds in the my paypal account to pay the employees. I explained that my paypal account was connected to the company's main bank account. Anyway... turns out that I have to manually log into to my paypal account and transfer funds from the bank account and then wait the 48-72hrs for this to happen which will then enable Hubstaff to make the "automated payroll" work. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE AUTOMATED TO YOU?? Ummm..?? When I contacted Hubstaff support, I received the usual canned response which was something like a one liner followed by a template which contained some links to a ad-hoc 'solution'. (It felt very much like a “this is not our problem, I can’t be bothered dealing with you” type experience).

In conclusion I cancelled my account with them and received a refund. All-in-all, I stumbled my way though Hubstaff's UI and gave it a fair-go honestly. I'm happy I only tested it lightly. I can see a lot of potential with Hubstaff but to expect any business SME employer to have to manually load funds into a paypal account seems a bit 1990's doesn't it? Happy to try it again once there's genuine automated payment system whereby I can use my company credit card which is pretty standard procedure in the business world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paying people is at the crux of any staffing solution. So explore the options thoroughly before deciding.

Managing our offshore staffing requirements.

Response from Madhav Bhandari of Hubstaff

Thanks for your review Bernard. We're sorry you had a bad experience using Hubstaff. Let me answer the concerns that you have raised in your review:

1. Having one control panel for employer and employee - Not 100% sure if I understand correctly, but the control panel for employees and employers is different on an organizational level in Hubstaff.

That being said, we're continuously working on making our UI more intuitive (we have a new update coming soon) and we're working hard to improve our user onboarding process.

2. Automated payroll - Our automated payroll feature works using Paypal's API. We can't directly control your Paypal account. Thus, if your Paypal account has insufficient funds, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it (as much as we want to help you). Paypal Masspay works only if you have sufficient funds in your paypal account. Paypal doesn't have the feature of automatically re-filling your Paypal account from your bank account.

We do have other automated payroll integrations with Payoneer, Transpay & recently Bitwage. With our Bitwage integration, you can directly pay your employees using your credit/debit card or your Bank account. Once you’ve connected your Bitwage account with your bank or credit card, they will automatically debit the money needed for payroll every pay period. I'd recommend you to try that - http://support.hubstaff.com/bitwage-payroll-setup/

Apart from that, we are looking at other ways to make automated payroll feature easier for our users and your feedback has been noted.

Hubstaff review by Consultant

"Great customer service and help when required!"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to use hubstaff to help with tracking work that is completed against a fee assigned to the job. Also works well for invoicing and pulling off timesheets for projects.

Really impressed that there was not an option to create a list of one client against all their projects, when raised with customer service, a programme was written so that we can now do this which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything yet, hopefully this will continue!

Being able to track fees, work completed, having a central system that everyone can access and obtain information required. Keeping records of fees to be invoiced.

Hubstaff review by Kevin S.
Adjunct Instructor
Management Consulting

"Really advocating "the world of remote teams""

What do you like best?

I've used Rescue Time, and actually have Harvest for invoicing – and never actually thought of it as a time tracker (my bad). Hubstaff has a great support system behind it, not just in a product that's designed from the perspective of a manager but I also think their blog and free content resources are great for learning more about running a more effective team.

It's an ultralight program and always seem to run quietly in the background. I know the company is young and the design is pretty straightforward–looking forward to seeing what features they will add.

What do you dislike?

My organization connects to Basecamp, and their integration is still in Beta. It works okay but I'm hoping it will be better. Right now you have to manually link projects one by one – hoping this can at least be done in bulk.

In general time tracking makes me a bit paranoid, but Hubstaff is so low-key that I don't mind it too much.

There are a few UX things that I would change, luckily their staff is pretty responsive so I've had great results in giving them a heads up and seeing things fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

14 day trial is a no brainer. It's super-easy to get up and running and the interface is very intuitive. Like I said before I had RescueTime for years and essentially ignored it after the first month. I've also had Harvest for years and still have a hard time finding thing sometimes.

If nothing else, take advantage of Hubstaff's blog. Their books and guides gave me a lot of good intel on getting better as the "cloud boss."

Previously I was using ELance to run continuous jobs with my contractors, with no delineation between how much each job was costing me (it was a rough estimate). In the first week of Hubstaff I realized I was chronically undercharging a common job task by about 30%. Hubstaff paid for itself off of a single job.

In my own work I'm noticing more focus, because I know that if I'm switching tasks I have to switch the timer so that slight hurdle keeps me in tasks longer.

Hubstaff review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Service, Poor Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff made it easy to keep dibs on our contractors and employees activities. I enjoyed the ease of reporting that allowed me to pin point opportunities in our organization.

What do you dislike?

Our contractors and employee's really didn't care of the product. It was a bit clunky and as internet marketers, we do a lot of social media so our people were always getting docked for poor use of time. Additionally, our team thought it was very 'big brother' and caused quite a bit of shake up within our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your team. For us, Hubstaff caused quite a few problems regarding trust within our teams.

We realized quickly into the product that we did not need Hubstaff.com. Canceling was difficult, we went back and forth with the support team and months later, it was still active after maybe a year or so of no use. Hub staff.com refused to refund us. Because of that, there's no benefits I've realized.

Hubstaff review by Love F.
Owner
Retail

"Great time tracker and new features on way look like icing on cake"

What do you like best?

Fast and easy to use software. Can quickly get the drill down on information that i need to see performance on VA workers and then view billable hours within a few seconds. The tracker shows you breakdown of mouse and keyboard activity which is very useful for tracking time fraud and on the horizon is a feature where you will see URLs and apps in use at that time too. This is exactly what is needed for working with a remote team in across many different countries.

What do you dislike?

We have been gamed in the past by VAs and there could be more effort put into eliminating that, opening up more stats from their activity tracker or adding more screen shots at certain times would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes it is good. And ask for more time fraud spotting features!

URLs and apps that are tracked in each 10 min window and show the % usage etc.

:-)

More productivity and accountability. Works well.

Hubstaff review by Josiah W.
Owner

"Lightweight app with all the right features. "

What do you like best?

Hubstaff does not do a lot – but what it does, it does well.

What do you dislike?

The app's UI is a little lacking, and occasionally crashes. Hubstaff does not have an integration with a great invoice app.

It helps track time down to the second, which many apps don't. It makes generating invoices for hundredths of an hour easy.

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Real Estate