Hubstaff

Time tracking software with proof of work, screenshots, activity tracking, application monitoring and in-depth reports.

Work for Hubstaff?

Showing 44 Hubstaff reviews
Hubstaff review by <span>Jeheen Mahmood Z.</span>
Jeheen Mahmood Z.

Perfect for Remote Teams

What do you like best?

The automatic screen capture feature. This is important when all of your team is running remotely. It keeps them attentive to the task and they are then free to take their well-earned breaks.

It is easy to run the team on the team management page. When you have a large team that exceeds the plan, you can easily turn off the inactive members, then you won't be billed for the extra users.

The activity level indicator on the same page is also great. When you see it dropping, you can ping the staff and see whats causing the work slowing down.

This sometimes sounds like a Big Brother type surveillance. But when working with a remote team, this is very handy. And you don't always need screenshots. The Chrome add-on can keep track of time without the screenshots just fine. So use it as you need it.

What do you dislike?

The report generation is not totally intuitive. Some of the things are actually covered by several different pages simultaneously. I think it would be better to have each of the pages for a different purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely. It is value for money. There are features coming in, not as fast as you want. But they are doing it. Also, the features are really good as it is.

Accurate time tracking, easy report preparation and easy billable and payable calculation. Made invoicing a lot easier for me. Clients can have viewer accounts and can stay updated in real time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hubstaff
Hubstaff review by <span>Fernanda F.</span>
Fernanda F.

Exact difference of work

What do you like best?

There are several things that I have noticed as positive in HubStaff's point of view, such as:

1.- Speed at the time of starting the software, the fact of opening quickly to its clients and administrators is quite progressive and efficient, since the vast majority take this into account to guide themselves if the program is worth the wait or not, together with all its characteristics, HubStaff has become a fast program that is firmly concerned with customers since the fact of offering the best speed is a factor to consider.

2.- Accessible test version, with the word "accessible" I mean that this program offers the facility that all the people can know the program firmly and give the positive or negative point about it, knowing each one of its corners and Seeing what makes this software so influential.

What do you dislike?

The negative things that I have noticed about HubStaff are the following:

1.- Very bad design, the design that it has is very bad and this although many people do not believe it, it influences a lot when choosing a software. I think that this program should improve this interface so that people are more encouraged to use it and can have a better concentration with the time they are taking.

2.- Prices, the prices that HubStaff has are very high, this company places these prices because they think that their functions or what they have implemented in their software are very expensive, and even if they are, they should think more about the client and offer accessible prices for all where each of the companies can afford the tariffs implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program because I have seen that there is a very big difference when it starts to be used, and I believe that in any company where it is applied, it will show results immediately and exact differences, they can take the time of each work without any interruption and exactly measured .

This program has benefited me a lot because easily each one of my employees and I as Administrator, we can remotely control the time that is being worked or in other words, the elapsed time of work, you can also take the extra time, within my company The Payments factor has benefited me more, because with this program we can configure its characteristics and place automatic payments every so often, this factor has saved us a lot of work since we do not have to spend long time to get a figure to pay for each person.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Hubstaff review by <span>Ashley A.</span>
Ashley A.

Cheap, automatic processes and instant payments.

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Hubstaff are the following factors:

1.- Taking of time of projects.

The taking of time in Hubstaff is quite beneficial and I think that this is the factor that gives a strong point to this software since it shows the amount of time invested in each task performed by each worker for each of its responsible, this platform counts with multiple tools that facilitate access for each person to activate or deactivate the timer whenever you want, this to achieve a better work organization and the employee can enjoy different tasks or tasks, so that the administrator of them , can see the percentage worked for each one.

2.- Define payments automatically.

This is the most beneficial thing that it has since thanks to the incorporation of PayPal in this platform, you can pay with a single click to all the employees measuring automatically the time they worked, this is quite innovative since it saves a lot of time to the administrator.

3.- Prices.

The prices offered by HubStaff are extremely low and in this way it offers a platform that is quite efficient and beneficial to all those people at affordable prices where a large number of companies with low financial resources can fully access their functions.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any negative points in this software, since until today I have not had any problems and there has been no interruption, this software is completely designed to measure and with the best innovations in the market, thus providing a platform where the administrator can work efficiently with clients, and provide variable times and extra work times, measure that time to pay an adequate amount of time worked, and the best, automatically. I hope this software continues to offer the best to its customers and without any errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program because it is at a really affordable price and any company could pay for these rates, this way you will enjoy a program that will do the work for you, it will show you percentages of work, graphics and much more, all in one software that will help you to completely change the habit of your company.

This program has benefited me a lot because I have managed to successfully control my staff and have led to a better organization within my company, since we make instant payments and in a conceited and automatic way, it is quite good that the program makes the Most of the work for you because you can dedicate yourself to other more important things while you save time with this software. I hope I continue to provide these benefits over time so that my company can follow the path it is currently going.

Hubstaff review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.

this software helps me keep my workers honest and tracking time and payments owed accurately

What do you like best?

I like that this serves as a checks and balance system for not only keeping time but screen recordings while managing a remote/virtual team.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could kind of set the screen shots to auto play almost like a online phonebook instead of clicking through them one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software to record your teams screen to ensure they are working on your project and track how much you own them then this is a great software. Also good to pull up at the end of the year and see how much money you have paid to a specific contractor.

Time keeping as well as a checks and balance system for ensuring remote workers are working on my project and only billing me for time worked on my specific project.

Hubstaff review by <span>Nikki Marjorie C.</span>
Nikki Marjorie C.

Track everything. Anytime. Anywhere.

What do you like best?

Hubstaff works both in my personal and professional life. For the former, I use it as a sort of makeshift to-do list, where I have to finish my tasks within a given amount of time. It's especially effective at helping me with this because I have a set daily routine. For the latter, we have it installed in the office. It helps our managers keep track of what we're doing all day and ensures that those who work hard are rewarded. It also tells them what we've been working on.

What do you dislike?

It hangs up quite often, especially when updates are incoming. I noticed that it also causes my laptop to boot slower, which is why I have it disabled at startup and then I have to manually tirn it on after. Not ethat reinstalls resolve this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would you kindly:

- Integrate a to do-list feature within the app's dashboard. There's a lot of empty, vertical space anyway.

- Integrate a timer system where it notifies you when you've been working on a certain task fo X amount of time, just to let you know that you've done it enough or that you've been doing it for too long, etc.

Hubstaff helps me at work because:

- It lets me know how long I've been working on one task

- It pings me on the rare ocassion when I faff about too much

- It allows me to take notes of what happened during the day

- It's a great way to record my own activity, which helps come performance evaluations

Hubstaff review by <span>Gabriela G.</span>
Gabriela G.

Hubstaff is the best app to track time!

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and the fact that you can have screenshots and activity levels (mouse and keyboard movements), that is very important when you have a remote business. Also, their support team is great, they always get back to me very fast whenever I'm having issues.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like it's the price, you have to pay for a plan instead of paying for each person you add, therefore if you have 31 employees you will have to pay for the 40 members plan even if you are not there yet, which can be expensive if you are a startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this software if you have a remote team, and even if you don't, it is very helpful and will save you a lot of time, also you can pay attention to what is working an what is not for your business so you can make things better each time.

We can keep track of every team member, you can see their screenshots and activity leveles (mouse and keyboard) that way you know if they are being productive or not and if they are doing what they're supposed to, it is the best software I have used for time tracking.

Learning about Hubstaff?

* We monitor all Hubstaff reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.