Hubstaff

4.0

Time tracking software with proof of work, screenshots, activity tracking, application monitoring and in-depth reports.

Work for Hubstaff?

Learning about Hubstaff?

Hubstaff Reviews

Ask Hubstaff a Question
Showing 50 Hubstaff reviews
Hubstaff review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Hubstaff is NOT Accurate in Assessing Activity"

What do you like best?

It keeps employees conscious of being watched, possibly paranoid, but that's OK.

What do you dislike?

I have Hubstaff and tested the "activity" analysis by working all day long on a variety of usual daily practices online. It showed 35% one day, 40% another day, 26% yet another. It is seriously flawed. Maybe working on Chrome is an issue, I don't know or care. I do know that any employer who relies on this as anything but something to grab occasional screenshots of a remote employee, is making a huge mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is only good for giving employees the feeling that they are being watched and had better work. BUT, it's not accurate in determining activity rate.

The company wants t make sure employees are working hard, as they should be. This gives them the feeling that they are being monitored. It is somewhat disturbing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hubstaff
Hubstaff review by Jeheen Mahmood Z.
Jeheen Mahmood Z.

"Perfect for Remote Teams"

What do you like best?

The automatic screen capture feature. This is important when all of your team is running remotely. It keeps them attentive to the task and they are then free to take their well-earned breaks.

It is easy to run the team on the team management page. When you have a large team that exceeds the plan, you can easily turn off the inactive members, then you won't be billed for the extra users.

The activity level indicator on the same page is also great. When you see it dropping, you can ping the staff and see whats causing the work slowing down.

This sometimes sounds like a Big Brother type surveillance. But when working with a remote team, this is very handy. And you don't always need screenshots. The Chrome add-on can keep track of time without the screenshots just fine. So use it as you need it.

What do you dislike?

The report generation is not totally intuitive. Some of the things are actually covered by several different pages simultaneously. I think it would be better to have each of the pages for a different purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely. It is value for money. There are features coming in, not as fast as you want. But they are doing it. Also, the features are really good as it is.

Accurate time tracking, easy report preparation and easy billable and payable calculation. Made invoicing a lot easier for me. Clients can have viewer accounts and can stay updated in real time.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Hubstaff review by Fernanda F.
Fernanda F.

"Exact difference of work"

What do you like best?

There are several things that I have noticed as positive in HubStaff's point of view, such as:

1.- Speed at the time of starting the software, the fact of opening quickly to its clients and administrators is quite progressive and efficient, since the vast majority take this into account to guide themselves if the program is worth the wait or not, together with all its characteristics, HubStaff has become a fast program that is firmly concerned with customers since the fact of offering the best speed is a factor to consider.

2.- Accessible test version, with the word "accessible" I mean that this program offers the facility that all the people can know the program firmly and give the positive or negative point about it, knowing each one of its corners and Seeing what makes this software so influential.

What do you dislike?

The negative things that I have noticed about HubStaff are the following:

1.- Very bad design, the design that it has is very bad and this although many people do not believe it, it influences a lot when choosing a software. I think that this program should improve this interface so that people are more encouraged to use it and can have a better concentration with the time they are taking.

2.- Prices, the prices that HubStaff has are very high, this company places these prices because they think that their functions or what they have implemented in their software are very expensive, and even if they are, they should think more about the client and offer accessible prices for all where each of the companies can afford the tariffs implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program because I have seen that there is a very big difference when it starts to be used, and I believe that in any company where it is applied, it will show results immediately and exact differences, they can take the time of each work without any interruption and exactly measured .

This program has benefited me a lot because easily each one of my employees and I as Administrator, we can remotely control the time that is being worked or in other words, the elapsed time of work, you can also take the extra time, within my company The Payments factor has benefited me more, because with this program we can configure its characteristics and place automatic payments every so often, this factor has saved us a lot of work since we do not have to spend long time to get a figure to pay for each person.

Hubstaff review by Ashley A.
Ashley A.

"Cheap, automatic processes and instant payments."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Hubstaff are the following factors:

1.- Taking of time of projects.

The taking of time in Hubstaff is quite beneficial and I think that this is the factor that gives a strong point to this software since it shows the amount of time invested in each task performed by each worker for each of its responsible, this platform counts with multiple tools that facilitate access for each person to activate or deactivate the timer whenever you want, this to achieve a better work organization and the employee can enjoy different tasks or tasks, so that the administrator of them , can see the percentage worked for each one.

2.- Define payments automatically.

This is the most beneficial thing that it has since thanks to the incorporation of PayPal in this platform, you can pay with a single click to all the employees measuring automatically the time they worked, this is quite innovative since it saves a lot of time to the administrator.

3.- Prices.

The prices offered by HubStaff are extremely low and in this way it offers a platform that is quite efficient and beneficial to all those people at affordable prices where a large number of companies with low financial resources can fully access their functions.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any negative points in this software, since until today I have not had any problems and there has been no interruption, this software is completely designed to measure and with the best innovations in the market, thus providing a platform where the administrator can work efficiently with clients, and provide variable times and extra work times, measure that time to pay an adequate amount of time worked, and the best, automatically. I hope this software continues to offer the best to its customers and without any errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program because it is at a really affordable price and any company could pay for these rates, this way you will enjoy a program that will do the work for you, it will show you percentages of work, graphics and much more, all in one software that will help you to completely change the habit of your company.

This program has benefited me a lot because I have managed to successfully control my staff and have led to a better organization within my company, since we make instant payments and in a conceited and automatic way, it is quite good that the program makes the Most of the work for you because you can dedicate yourself to other more important things while you save time with this software. I hope I continue to provide these benefits over time so that my company can follow the path it is currently going.

Hubstaff review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"this software helps me keep my workers honest and tracking time and payments owed accurately"

What do you like best?

I like that this serves as a checks and balance system for not only keeping time but screen recordings while managing a remote/virtual team.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could kind of set the screen shots to auto play almost like a online phonebook instead of clicking through them one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software to record your teams screen to ensure they are working on your project and track how much you own them then this is a great software. Also good to pull up at the end of the year and see how much money you have paid to a specific contractor.

Time keeping as well as a checks and balance system for ensuring remote workers are working on my project and only billing me for time worked on my specific project.

Hubstaff review by Nikki Marjorie C.
Nikki Marjorie C.

"Track everything. Anytime. Anywhere."

What do you like best?

Hubstaff works both in my personal and professional life. For the former, I use it as a sort of makeshift to-do list, where I have to finish my tasks within a given amount of time. It's especially effective at helping me with this because I have a set daily routine. For the latter, we have it installed in the office. It helps our managers keep track of what we're doing all day and ensures that those who work hard are rewarded. It also tells them what we've been working on.

What do you dislike?

It hangs up quite often, especially when updates are incoming. I noticed that it also causes my laptop to boot slower, which is why I have it disabled at startup and then I have to manually tirn it on after. Not ethat reinstalls resolve this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would you kindly:

- Integrate a to do-list feature within the app's dashboard. There's a lot of empty, vertical space anyway.

- Integrate a timer system where it notifies you when you've been working on a certain task fo X amount of time, just to let you know that you've done it enough or that you've been doing it for too long, etc.

Hubstaff helps me at work because:

- It lets me know how long I've been working on one task

- It pings me on the rare ocassion when I faff about too much

- It allows me to take notes of what happened during the day

- It's a great way to record my own activity, which helps come performance evaluations

Hubstaff review by Gabriela G.
Gabriela G.

"Hubstaff is the best app to track time!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and the fact that you can have screenshots and activity levels (mouse and keyboard movements), that is very important when you have a remote business. Also, their support team is great, they always get back to me very fast whenever I'm having issues.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like it's the price, you have to pay for a plan instead of paying for each person you add, therefore if you have 31 employees you will have to pay for the 40 members plan even if you are not there yet, which can be expensive if you are a startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this software if you have a remote team, and even if you don't, it is very helpful and will save you a lot of time, also you can pay attention to what is working an what is not for your business so you can make things better each time.

We can keep track of every team member, you can see their screenshots and activity leveles (mouse and keyboard) that way you know if they are being productive or not and if they are doing what they're supposed to, it is the best software I have used for time tracking.

Hubstaff review by Dyan T.
Dyan T.

"Is Hubstaff efficient enough?"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about Hubstaff is, it's so easy to login and once you're in you can start tracking your hours. Simple start and stop button and you're good!

What do you dislike?

I hate the idea that once your idle it automatically stops the time. For some it may be efficient to use to see the productivity of their employees but for some that only uses hubstaff to know the total hours of work, idle may be present specially if it requires you to research and read beyond your PC or laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who needs to keep track every move of their employees this is Go getter! But for those that only needs to track the hours daily I DO NOT recommend this! It will annoy you in clicking start button again after being idle for only 7 minutes!!

None that I could recall when we were using this. At first it helped with tracking hours but with it being idle when you haven't touched your keypad or mouse for 7 minutes annoys us the most!

Hubstaff review by Luis Daniel F.
Luis Daniel F.

"Good Tracking of employee time and effort."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and it doesn't bog down my computer while running in the background. I work remotely for an organization that use Hubstaff. And, it helps me by saving my time and energy to maintain and report time logs for the work I do. I like the feature that it allows easy switch between projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometime when I am watching a tutorial or reading something it down grade my active percent, should consider this more, cause its part of work

Hubstaff review by Carey D.
Carey D.

"Best Timer App"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff is the best timer I have experienced with, having experienced many timers as far this is the best. I have two machines mainly windows and ubuntu they have both support for both OS. I like about it when during offline the app can cache eight hours of work unlike other timers. I like also the web interface on which I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly quota. The report has preset's for a time range and also can adjust the timezone settings, no confusions on the reports.

What do you dislike?

Doing a network error hubstaff would nag about to report a problem and pop's up a feedback form, actually it's not's hubstaff problem but the network error. The nag screen on hubstaff is so annoying and it does not have a cancel button just a send button hope the programming team would improve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Hubstaff app for remote offices.

The time card, being a remote employee it's hard to justify the painful hours I work, the app being able to monitor every ten minutes along with screenshots help me to get paid on the hours i rendered.

"Really Poor Experience"

What do you like best?

Seemed like great company with solid product at first. Was the first time tracking software I tried and liked their functionality.

What do you dislike?

Few major issues:

1) Don't offer great payroll options; for some reason they can't get integrated with paypal, payoneer requires 20k usd to be sent per month, and this other company bitwage is just sketchy and doesn't have their act together.

2) Dishonest pricing - rather than charge a flat price per seat, they say they need to charge based off minimum users. This really just inflates the actual cost per user. If they feel the need to charge more, just feel confident enough in your product to do so.

3) Extremely disappointing customer service. By the end of my time, I felt like they were some type of victim that I felt sorry for. A couple examples "If you have contacted them and have no response there is nothing we can do". Another time: "I do not know what you are asking for our thoughts on".

I switched to TimeDoctor and the customer support was the opposite. First five minutes of chatting on intercom: "Let me find the right team member for you." Received a call in the next few minutes to personally onboard me with a screenshare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TimeDoctor seems like a better fit for me just based on pricing and support to-date. Their payment options were more robust.

Better time tracking of self and team as well as an automated payroll system for contractors.

Hubstaff review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Good software but % isn't always accurate"

What do you like best?

I like that employers can see what their employees are up to during their shifts, although the screenshotting is a little intrusive. But to see a general % of work being done and sites visited, as well as any feedback from the employee on what happened and why is great.

What do you dislike?

Screenshots are unnecessary. If any employer has the time to look at the hundreds of shots throughout the day, that's a lot of wasted time. Also, the % of work being "done" isn't always accurate depending on the position. For example, a writing or research-based job takes more time to look at/make sense of things before starting on the work, so it may show only 20% active when the employee is using that other 80% to research/read/understand. Whereas someone in data entry may show 90% work being done, since it's a very active-typing job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't always take the % worked at face value

Tracking of employee time and effort.

Hubstaff review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Simple way to track hours"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting, how you can see hours worked per day, week, or month. and also how much money is owed depending on the pay period cycle. I also like that there is both a screenshot option, or manual time logged, as depending on the task, one will be better suited than the other. Reports also make it easy for me to do personal accounting, which can be a challenge for those of us with a few freelance projects on the go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes entering in hours is a bit clunky, like scrolling down to select am or pm, which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a fantastic product, really helps account for time at either a macro or a micro level, depending on how you set up the options. You can have a project and several sub tasks, which is great for really being able to see where time is going.

Really helps to show where my time is being spent, you can filter down to not only which project I've been working on , but more specific tasks within that, to better account for my time.

Hubstaff review by Bidur S.
Bidur S.

"Easy tool to monitor remote work"

What do you like best?

I like the feature that it allows easy switch between organizations and projects. I work remotely for different organization that use Hubstaff. And, it helps me by saving my time and energy to maintain and report time logs for the work I do.

What do you dislike?

At times it hangs and stops recording the time worked. Although there is a manual editing option to fix it, but at times we loose track of time and hence have to manually fix the records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool if you work or have people work remote.

Monitoring work done remotely.

Hubstaff review by Allyssa A.
Allyssa A.

"How I use Hubstaff"

What do you like best?

I can to pause and continue anytime. It is a great tool since I am a working mom.

What do you dislike?

When I get back sometimes I forgot to click the start button again, I hope it can have a notification pop up message If I start working again after I pause hubstaff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a working mom like me, hubstaff would be a great tool for part timers and admin workers for remote workers.

It enables me to gauge my working hours and manage my time between work and family.

Hubstaff review by James M.
James M.

"A Remote Worker's Only Needed Resource - Same for Clever Workplaces."

What do you like best?

Hubstaff started out as just the platform that a remote working employee uses to get their client see accountability for the work done, but it's so much more now. I like how I don't have to calculate and produce invoices for my contract work with clients, Hubstaff does this for me!

What do you dislike?

There is hardly anything not to like. Even when you're going through a dry patch, their Talent Marketplace alongside the motivational blog platform will push you towards the best kind of client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you won't regret the move.

1. Invoicing for hourly contracts.

2. Talent Scouting.

3. Brainstorming for business development.

Hubstaff review by Fatima P.
Fatima P.

"My experience with hubstaff"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Its allowed me to keep track of my work while i am working for my customer´s projects

Keeps track of mouse moves, clicks and general working

Takes print screen every 10 minutes

What do you dislike?

Sometime when i am watching a tutorial or reading something it down grade my active %... should consider this more, ´cause its part of the job

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use!

Tracking time of work.

Prove of the work its been done

Hubstaff review by Bart B.
Bart B.

"Has stronger business implications that I initially imagined"

What do you like best?

At first I thought that Activity measurement and screen shots were going to be way too "big brother"ish. However, in our company all of us work remotely and we knew that this was being abused by a couple of employees. Hubstaff made both the time being worked and the activity level of our team very obvious very quickly. This allowed me to ask a little more of some of our team and to better understand the limited productivity of others. I've used this information as a coaching tool to work to make the team better and more productive.

What do you dislike?

The software was initially a bit buggy and I had to revert several versions on my Mac to get it working. This has not been an ongoing problem beyond the first couple of weeks of use (and we are now months in.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You will be surprised by what you learn from activity tracking and screen shots (we found one employee was massively distracted by their personal email daily for instance).

We had employees we suspected were presetting their hours in Toggl but were not actually working during those times. Hubstaff made that potential issue go away immediately (people learned not to log time where we had repeated screenshots of the same thing with no activity quickly). We also eliminated the ability to manually enter your own time. This in combination with coaching those who have consistently low activity has resulted in better productivity at a lower overall cost for the business. We are also using Hubstaff to split out hours for client billing purposes.

Hubstaff review by Bernard W.
Bernard W.

"Non Intuitive UI. What "automated payroll"? Robotic-like support staff."

What do you like best?

The tools for tracking employee activities are awesome. Especially how you can monitor the different apps and the amount of time spent on each.

What do you dislike?

If you're looking for a solution as an alternative to Upwork / Elance, then don't look here. Firstly, the interface is far from user friendly. It looks great and clean, though when you think of the word "intuitive", run in the other direction from Hubstaff. It seems they really need a bottom/up approach to sorting this out. Start with a clean slate. As a starting point, I don't believe having the one control panel for both employer and employee works because you're forced to have to clumsily stumble around trying to make sense of where you've placed the features for each user type and what terminologies you’ve used for each.

The biggest issue for me by far though was the 'Automated payroll' feature which was the only reason why I bought a monthly subscription. I guess you could say I was sold on the idea of “automated” (funnily enough). Now for those that have been in the outsourcing business for any length of period, will tell you that 'IT'S IMPERATIVE TO GET YOUR CONTRACTORS PAID ON TIME EVERYTIME'. Well... low and behold... when it came time for this, my paypal account was unable to transfer the $80 for payment because there was 'insufficient funds'. So I contacted the Hubstaff support line and they informed my that there were insufficient funds in the my paypal account to pay the employees. I explained that my paypal account was connected to the company's main bank account. Anyway... turns out that I have to manually log into to my paypal account and transfer funds from the bank account and then wait the 48-72hrs for this to happen which will then enable Hubstaff to make the "automated payroll" work. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE AUTOMATED TO YOU?? Ummm..?? When I contacted Hubstaff support, I received the usual canned response which was something like a one liner followed by a template which contained some links to a ad-hoc 'solution'. (It felt very much like a “this is not our problem, I can’t be bothered dealing with you” type experience).

In conclusion I cancelled my account with them and received a refund. All-in-all, I stumbled my way though Hubstaff's UI and gave it a fair-go honestly. I'm happy I only tested it lightly. I can see a lot of potential with Hubstaff but to expect any business SME employer to have to manually load funds into a paypal account seems a bit 1990's doesn't it? Happy to try it again once there's genuine automated payment system whereby I can use my company credit card which is pretty standard procedure in the business world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paying people is at the crux of any staffing solution. So explore the options thoroughly before deciding.

Managing our offshore staffing requirements.

Hubstaff review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Really advocating "the world of remote teams""

What do you like best?

I've used Rescue Time, and actually have Harvest for invoicing – and never actually thought of it as a time tracker (my bad). Hubstaff has a great support system behind it, not just in a product that's designed from the perspective of a manager but I also think their blog and free content resources are great for learning more about running a more effective team.

It's an ultralight program and always seem to run quietly in the background. I know the company is young and the design is pretty straightforward–looking forward to seeing what features they will add.

What do you dislike?

My organization connects to Basecamp, and their integration is still in Beta. It works okay but I'm hoping it will be better. Right now you have to manually link projects one by one – hoping this can at least be done in bulk.

In general time tracking makes me a bit paranoid, but Hubstaff is so low-key that I don't mind it too much.

There are a few UX things that I would change, luckily their staff is pretty responsive so I've had great results in giving them a heads up and seeing things fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

14 day trial is a no brainer. It's super-easy to get up and running and the interface is very intuitive. Like I said before I had RescueTime for years and essentially ignored it after the first month. I've also had Harvest for years and still have a hard time finding thing sometimes.

If nothing else, take advantage of Hubstaff's blog. Their books and guides gave me a lot of good intel on getting better as the "cloud boss."

Previously I was using ELance to run continuous jobs with my contractors, with no delineation between how much each job was costing me (it was a rough estimate). In the first week of Hubstaff I realized I was chronically undercharging a common job task by about 30%. Hubstaff paid for itself off of a single job.

In my own work I'm noticing more focus, because I know that if I'm switching tasks I have to switch the timer so that slight hurdle keeps me in tasks longer.

Hubstaff review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Service, Poor Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff made it easy to keep dibs on our contractors and employees activities. I enjoyed the ease of reporting that allowed me to pin point opportunities in our organization.

What do you dislike?

Our contractors and employee's really didn't care of the product. It was a bit clunky and as internet marketers, we do a lot of social media so our people were always getting docked for poor use of time. Additionally, our team thought it was very 'big brother' and caused quite a bit of shake up within our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your team. For us, Hubstaff caused quite a few problems regarding trust within our teams.

We realized quickly into the product that we did not need Hubstaff.com. Canceling was difficult, we went back and forth with the support team and months later, it was still active after maybe a year or so of no use. Hub staff.com refused to refund us. Because of that, there's no benefits I've realized.

Hubstaff review by Love F.
Love F.

"Great time tracker and new features on way look like icing on cake"

What do you like best?

Fast and easy to use software. Can quickly get the drill down on information that i need to see performance on VA workers and then view billable hours within a few seconds. The tracker shows you breakdown of mouse and keyboard activity which is very useful for tracking time fraud and on the horizon is a feature where you will see URLs and apps in use at that time too. This is exactly what is needed for working with a remote team in across many different countries.

What do you dislike?

We have been gamed in the past by VAs and there could be more effort put into eliminating that, opening up more stats from their activity tracker or adding more screen shots at certain times would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes it is good. And ask for more time fraud spotting features!

URLs and apps that are tracked in each 10 min window and show the % usage etc.

:-)

More productivity and accountability. Works well.

Hubstaff review by Durriel G.
Durriel G.

"Convenient and Reliable"

What do you like best?

I use Hubstaff to track the hours I work as an online freelancer. I have been using it since November 2014. I have used the desktop app both in Windows and in Linux. Installing on both environments was an ease.

What I like about Hubstaff is it's ease of use and the ability to track time up to the seconds you've worked. For the past 5 months that I've been using Hubstaff, the software proved to be very accurate, robust and reliable.

I've never lost time worked due to the app crashing or because the time tracked in the cache failed to upload to Hubstaff's servers. I've used other time tracking software, but I'm sticking with this one.

At a glance Hubstaff allows me to see the hours I've worked within the day and within the week, and the Dashboard and other sections of the website allows me to further see details of my activity and gives me an insight on how to improve productivity.

Lastly, I also like the app integration offered, especially Asana which helps me track time on a project basis, letting me know exactly how much time I spend on different tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is a little bit of learning curve at the start with regards to navigating the different tools in the website to get things set up but after you get familiar with how it works and which is which, using Hubstaff is such an ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a software to solve your time tracking needs, then definitely try Hubstaff. You'll never regret doing so.

The ability to track time per task using Asana to organize and assign tasks to different people in the team was invaluable. Hubstaff also allowed my employer to easily create invoice and send payments to me through Paypal.

If you're looking for a solution to solve your time tracking needs, then definitely try Hubstaff.

Hubstaff review by Epic F.
Epic F.

"This software is a game changer!"

What do you like best?

We have several remote employees working both domestically and internationally and Hubstaff has been an incredible tool for keeping everyone on track. There was never any really big question as to the productivity of our employees because we see the effects of their production but it is excellent furthermore having the peace of mind and actual numbers to back it up. It's easy for my users, couple of extra clicks, and very simple but useful reporting.

What do you dislike?

Their integration with Salesforce and phone app still need a little bit of work but in their defense these are still in beta testing and we were forewarned. They have been helpful in providing support and open to feedback. We are really looking forward to the phone up being fully functional because our sales reps contact from their phone often. This would make their activities statistics more accurate...... all in good time :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least take advantage of the free trial and see how it works!

Anyone managing a sales team, especially with remote users, will immediately see the benefits of using Hubstaff. If used correctly to pinpoint struggling sales team members or even better, the most efficient sales team members this information is priceless in planning and implementing department changes. Or seeing how efficient your current setup is and maybe not making any changes but being able to put hard numbers with your results.

Hubstaff review by Anuraj P.
Anuraj P.

"Not reliable service for small to any size team"

What do you like best?

The interface seems okay, but its failed to fetch information from my existing project management tool.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work for integration with Asana , and support team not able to provide any demo or resolving existing query. After around 20 mail conversation they are asked to remove it and reinstall. Even that doesn't work and support team stop communication. Not reliable service

Time management

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use, decent pricing."

What do you like best?

No frills time tracker (at least with how our company is using it) that accomplishes the core function well. Tracks time consistently and has easy to read/access reports.

What do you dislike?

Did run into some bugs with it working consistently early on, but using the chrome extension has resolved those issues.

Tracking time for a remote work force. Having a system that helps keep people honest beyond just the honor system.

Hubstaff review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Collaboration central"

What do you like best?

So far, the way it can be integrated with other tools and apps, like Trello or Freelancer.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are not familiar with collaboration tools, you might find yourself a little lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train the crew or your coworkers to use the application before you implement it.

Collaboration among remote coworkers.

Hubstaff review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"What a waste of my time and money"

What do you like best?

There was nothing to like, I've lost money and time configuring.

What do you dislike?

Everything. This service is supposed to save you time, not lose your company money. I've spent the past 2 hours waiting for my trello cards to show up inside their desktop app despite being integrated correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid it if you are using Trello, its a waste of time and money.

It solved nothing.

Hubstaff review by Ednalyn A.
Ednalyn A.

"Great for tracking time per tasks"

What do you like best?

I like how I can track the time for each of my tasks. That way I know where I spent most of my time and I can adjust and plan my schedule accordingly.

What do you dislike?

There were instances wherein newly added tasks doesn't immediately show in the list. There's no refresh or update button. So I need to log out and log in again to refresh my tasks list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they can add refresh/update button then I will highly recommend Hubstaff.

Time management is a very crucial part of any business, specially for us Virtual professionals. And Hubstaff really helped in knowing how long are we spending on each tasks. and with the screenshot and keyboard-mouse activity monitoring we can determine how active our workers are.

Hubstaff review by Gunjan P.
Gunjan P.

"Perfect time tracker"

What do you like best?

Track the perfect number of hours with active status. It will be very helpful for resources management and performance tracking. It's very useful for the hiring developer from other countries.

What do you dislike?

It will be great if they can track with website instead of the desktop application. Some time it will create an issue while Iphone application development. We couldn't track the testing hours with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hope hubstuff launch mobile application for android, iphone application very soon to track testing hours.

We have tracked the perfect number of hours of the project and also we found each resources' capability of the work. We reduce many number of hours for the out sourcing projects with other developers.

Hubstaff review by Collin C.
Collin C.

"Amazing time tracking program"

What do you like best?

I currently use Hubstaff to track my hours as I work as a freelance contractor in the computer industry. This app has med creating invoice for my client so simple. Being able to create custom date ranges to easily see my worked hours has saved me so much time and stress. Im sure there are features of this program that i am not using that I could be using that would help me better. Till I learn those features though, I'm still very satisfied with the program as a whole.

What do you dislike?

At first Hubstaff took a little getting used to. After some time of exploring all the offerings of the app, I became accustomed to the lay out and features. If there was better introduction into the program, explaining the features a little better I wouldn't complain. At first i had to get used to the layout, it was a little much to take in. The hubstaff client desktop app made things much easier. I tend to only use the website to gather custom date ranges to to create invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to look at all the features and explore the lay out to get familiar the program.

The program has made tracking my worked hours much simpler. Having the on screen client makes it much easier to start and stop tracking my time. The program has saved me plenty of time when I go to create invoices, it has be become an invaluable tool to me.

Hubstaff review by User in Design
User in Design

"hubstaff"

What do you like best?

easy way to organize and keep track of hours worked per client/project

What do you dislike?

it takes photos of my desktop so i have to be mindful of personal items

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't have anything onscreen that you don't want coworkers to see while using it

it's great for keeping track of hours worked per project/client

Hubstaff review by Edrian B.
Edrian B.

"Other than a very good tracker for the employer, it actually makes me more productive as an employee"

What do you like best?

The time tracker is fair for both the employee and the employer. But what I like the most is that it's per second unlike on odesk that it's every 10 mins. The interface is whole lot better too.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that the time tracker data is delayed by 10 mins on the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you try this. I think this works for us. See if it does for you!

It solves the problem about workers not being there all the time. This software gives business owners more value for what they pay for to their employees.

Hubstaff review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Hubstaff"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff lets you track working time with screenshots, activity and reporting.

What do you dislike?

Hubstaff should show all the filters readily so you do not need to go through several links to just get the reporting you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hubstaff could provide you with a screenshot of how your team is doing with productivity, activity, invoicing and reporting features.

Tracking the team's work time and productivity.

Hubstaff review by Cody M.
Cody M.

"Hubstaff has been awesome for me!!!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that the screenshots. I am able to see what my employees are doing and I am able to correct those things that I don't like. I feel at peace knowing that they aren't just spending their time doing something else and actually do their job. Hubstaff jumpstart my business, created teamwork and best of all, gave me a peace of mind.

What do you dislike?

I can't find anything I dislike at the moment.

The main problem I am solving for so many years now is productivity with my virtual employees. Hubstaff was able to solve that. I tried a few aside from Hubstaff but I was able to produce more using it. I realized that being able to view your employees screens even for just a second would make them more productive.

"Easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I'm only an end-user, so my opinion is limited to how my employer has it set up, but really there's nothing I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hubstaff is a great tool for tracking my work time and for work on specific projects. It's easy to use and doesn't slow down my computer while it runs in the background.

I'm able to easily track my time against different projects.

Hubstaff review by Darius .
Darius .

"This product has improved the way my company tacks work hours and charges the clients"

What do you like best?

I like the most that software is multi-platform. My company members use different platforms Windows/Linux. We have no troubles to use this piece of software on all platforms we use.

What do you dislike?

It is bit complicated to manage which projects my clients could follow. But at the end we figured everything out. Support was very good and helped to solve all problems we had.

It solved the way we track our work hours. From now on we use reports from Hubstaff to charge our clients.

Hubstaff review by Rahat A.
Rahat A.

"Easy to work with and a strong tool for our business"

What do you like best?

User Interface. Its really easy to move around in Hubstaff.

What do you dislike?

Only feature that I am still waiting is that there is no notification option when a employee starts working. I would prefer to have a pop up msg on my pc when anyone from my team starts tracking time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tracker software. He did heavy research before choosing hubstaff.

We needed constant monitoring on our employees and Hubstaff is helping us to achieve that.

Hubstaff review by Gilberto S.
Gilberto S.

"A great way to do online business"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can justify every second I worked on a specific project.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get a bad score because I did not hit any key or mouse mouse move. But as a designer I somethings evaluate my work or wait for ram previews and it doesn't mean that I'm not working.

There is no discutions on the ammount of time that I spend on a proyect.

Hubstaff review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Ease of access"

What do you like best?

That it tracked time. It also took scenes periodically and it makes you think twice before browsing Facebook.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes you can forget to turn it in before starting work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s great and easy to adopt but you just have to get in the habit of turning it on and off when you switch to something else because it takes periodic screenshots.

Getting paid and calculating hours.

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Advanced Time Tracker with Simple Steps"

What do you like best?

I have been using this software more that 2 years with Australian Website Development company. Its very easy to use. never had bug with this system. i have used both Windows and Mac version both works great. i highly recommend it for anyone who looking for simple time tracking software with Advanced Features.

What do you dislike?

Actually i cant find any dislikes with this system. Honestly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes . its very simple software for all technical and non technical people who need Time Tracking software with Advanced features.

We are using this for track the time of our all remote Software Developers

Hubstaff review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Overall not bad"

What do you like best?

When logged into the program it is an effective way to track a team of people working across various platforms. Very easy to pay once ready.

What do you dislike?

The software doesn't integrate easily with other software our company sometimes requires us to use such as Trello or Asana.

We solve and track the realistic amount of time it takes for development of a new story or case. The benefits help us budget more accurately overall.

Hubstaff review by User in Internet

"So far..so good!"

What do you like best?

I am able to take in between short breaks while the timer is still running. I mean, even in real offices where you work 8 hours per day, there are breaks in between those which still validates you an 8-hour fulltime work. I love it that timer do not go off immediately when idle.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything, honestly. I love the app a lot. I've used a time tracker before, and I kind of dont like it.

Time tracking, basically. That's the best proof of the number of hours you've worked.

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Perfect Until You Try To Cancel Subscription Or Get Receipts "

What do you like best?

As a product Hubstaff are doing a good job. The main functions are clear

What do you dislike?

Scam-like UX. No clear way to cancel your subscription or to see the payment receipts. This is disrespectful to their users and a very shady UX selection. When approaching their support team they show lack of basic customer-brand respect. Good luck with that.

Time Tracking

Hubstaff review by User

"Easy to use time tracker"

What do you like best?

I liked that Hubstaff is simple to use and can allocate time between projects, including examining your (or employees) rate of work while being tracked.

What do you dislike?

As a writer/researcher, "work rate" always looked low because it does not account for the time you're spending reading up on a topic.

Simple tracking for billing purposes. The benefit was that if time was allocated correctly, there was no need to tally up for each project.

"Impressive features"

What do you like best?

Hubstaff enables me to work remotely by tracking my hours and performance virtually, which is great! The hours tracking feature also allows me to be paid hourly as a freelancer, rather than project-based or another pay model, which is also great.

What do you dislike?

The way it tracks activity is a bit intense.

Again, enables remote work.

Hubstaff review by Binu L.
Binu L.

"Calculating the Daily Work Summary is amazing."

What do you like best?

Calculating the Daily Work Summary is amazing, for achieving better production and efficiency towards our work.

What do you dislike?

The tool installation is not properly supporting in 64-bit systems.

Understand how to consume the time and efficiency in work environment.

Hubstaff review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Things are running much smoother"

What do you like best?

I prefer a program that is not out of date but easy to manage

What do you dislike?

I had to hire someone to teach me to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the software correctly

I am able to follow my staff

Hubstaff review by User in Computer Software

"Great product, great motivation tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Can easily add projects and correct time if needed. Does not utilize much computer space.

What do you dislike?

nothing. hubstaff is very easy to use and it

Timetracking will be more accutate.

Hubstaff review by Antuela T.
Antuela T.

"Really great software"

What do you like best?

Allows us to easily monitor offsite employee work.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if it had a time sheet tracker and a way to pay employees directly from the site.

N/A

Learning about Hubstaff?

* We monitor all Hubstaff reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.