Humanity

Learning about Humanity?

Humanity Reviews

Ask Humanity a Question
Showing 277 Humanity reviews
Humanity review by Ismar  G.
Ismar G.

"Humanity "

What do you like best?

The strongest features of ShiftPlanning are the many methods for communicating when a worker is to work (general scheduling), when policy changes or other changes at work need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees (dashboard notifications), and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals (ping). All of this communication can be managed in ShiftPlanning. Workers can set up their cell phones to receive important notifications. Administrators can control which methods are mandatory and which communication methods are not. A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request. Otherwise, student workers can request off via a trade shift or drop-shift option, if short notice is provided. All trades can be set to approval first by manager. It is super easy to setup different worker types by area, or by responsibilities. Thus, if you are budgeting out hours between different areas (positions) then you can easily view the subtotal for each while scheduling who should work when. It also gives you a clear distinction in schedule mode as to who can actually work during the designated times you are generating

What do you dislike?

The only concern that we have is with tweaking the trade shift and trade drop feature. Workers who are shown as available for the entire shift don't have the option to select parts of a shift that they are actually available for. Important meetings or events outside of work cannot always be accounted for using the availability feature. The only way this can be done is to not use a static schedule and go to making a policy for weekly updates. Then making it the student worker¿s responsibility to maintain their own work availability. In our case, we want to stay with a static scheduling system to help reduce the sense of a changing hectic work schedule for our student workers. Thus, students will benefit by having the ability to select from a portion of a shift trade rather than having only the option to pick up all or none of the shift being made available.

Love that i can clock in in different location with Humanity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Humanity
Humanity review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"New User"

What do you like best?

i like that we can now requets off and see everyone elses schedules. i just started using it and it is alot better than what i was using before. It is more organized and give more accountability to employees to take care of their schedule and not depend on the managers to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that i dont like is the formatting of the schedule. I would like if it it could all print on one page. i work for a company with 5 different locations and about 60 employees so we all like to see and print the whole schedule for the month

so far we have not had any problems. this is our first month using it. The benefits i have realized is that it takes a lot away alot of man hours from physically making a schedule every month like we used it. It would take hours to put together, make sure that we didnt schedule someone on their day off or a day they requested off. It helps that there is an option for employees to pick up shifts so that we are not tecting and emailing back and forth to find coverage.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Humanity review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Scheduling Management Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows us to quickly and easily manage over 100 employees. Mobile Alerts and clock-in to quick access to schedules allows our staff to focus more on their tasks and not making sure they are in the right place at the right time. Tracking skills/certifications for the variety of different positions we have at our conference center makes life so much easier. Gone is the excel spreadsheet of schedules and now quick, easy, and powerful management.

What do you dislike?

We are working with them on customizing reports for our timeclock. The framework is there, just looking at getting more filter options for tracking vacation management.

We have such a large staff that are part time and not always on site or have a business email. Humanity allows us to up our communication game with general announcements or specific messages to staff or departments. On the fly changes are no longer missed, but quickly delivered.

Humanity review by Kara L.
Kara L.

"Experience with Humanity"

What do you like best?

Humanity is extremely multifaceted-- employees can set availability, view future schedules, communicate with managers and coworkers, request time off, and pick up extra shifts if marked as available.

What do you dislike?

There is no features of Humanity that I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Humanity because of the ease of use and the communication that it allowed between managers and employees, as well as the employees themselves. Regular reminders of upcoming shifts and update to employee schedules are also sent out, which is another reason why Humanity is a great option for a scheduling application.

Humanity allows managers to easily view employees' availabilities all through one application, making scheduling extremely easy. Employees are also able to communicate with one another, which makes it easy and convenient to find shift coverage.

Humanity review by Johanna H.
Johanna H.

"It's nice that I can log in from anywhere to check my schedule andsend messages."

What do you like best?

I like that I can send messages to any of my coworkers and to my boss. I can even select multiple users to send a message to.

I can check my schedule and set my availability.

I can check my time sheet for current or previous entries.

I can and add PTO.

I can clock in and out and record my breaks.

I get notifications if there are changes to my schedule or I have a new message.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful in reducing the need for time cards and time clocks, extra work emails, finding out employee availability, and printed schedules.

No need for a time clock and time cards

Don't need to use emails for communicating with boss or co-workers

Everything is right there with just one log in

"H U M A N I T Y "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Payroll is a little difficult on there because it cannot connect with our payroll software. Other than that, it's great! -There is only one type of availability for an employee, so if you're wanting to provide preference on what to schedule around (for us: class vs. study session vs. 2nd job) makes it a lot harder to schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is the best!

We used to keep manual time sheets. It was too easy for employees to enter time incorrectly and it was a pain to manually add up time and verify shifts for every pay period. Scheduling was difficult as it was done manually as well. With Humanity, we save so much time prepping for payroll and scheduling.

Humanity review by Alan W.
Alan W.

"Aquatic Facility (Four years)"

What do you like best?

Humanity has been very great to work with. Very easy software to learn as well as schedule a large group of people.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is a very great program to work with. It accommodates to the needs of our company. If there is a problem, we have been able to contact humanity and they have sent out an update. Very great company!

Payroll was quite a nightmare until we decided to go electronic. The benefits have been that everyone can clock in and record their time electronically instead of on paper. It is saved us countless hours manually checking everyone's time and recor payroll was quite a nightmare until we decided to go electronic. The benefits have been that everyone can clock in and record their time electronically instead of on paper. It is saved us countless hours manually checking everyone's time and uploading that from paper.

Humanity review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"From Excel to Humanity"

What do you like best?

We like that our student team members have the ability to trade their shift online and managers can approve from wherever they are. We like that there is the ability to make shift recurring and repeating for the entire semester. I also like the ability to see who's on now just by looking at the dashboard and not have to dive into the actual schedule.

What do you dislike?

There are a few improvements that could be made to make Humanity an even better scheduling software:

-The Scheduling Wizard is not their greatest feature as it is not 100% accurate.

-I wish the software would ALWAYS cross reference availability, instead of the availability at the time the shift was created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The end-user and Admin interface is very user friendly and easy for all-ages to use.

Out student team members can get notifications 24 hours and 60 minutes to the start of their shift via text message on their phone. This has decreased the number of complaints that they didn't know they were scheduled for a shift.

Humanity review by Allison C.
Allison C.

"Time and Money Saving Product"

What do you like best?

Humanity is easy to use and very intuitive. Mobile access gives our organization the freedom to deal with scheduling emergencies with ease. The ability for management to see who has and has not looked at the schedule lets us know when we need to contact employees directly. We really like location tracking as well, it helps keep honest people honest when they clock in and out. Most of all, the time we save with Humanity versus manual time keeping/scheduling gives us the opportunity to spend more time working with our residents.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create more specific permission sets for various levels of user. I do not want my scheduler to be able to manipulate time clock times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot beat Humanity. It is intuitive, easy to use and allows great oversight. Tech support is always on point and I have never had a support issue not resolved in a timely manner with professionalism and courtesy.

Accurate time keeping has stopped us from overpaying employees for inaccurately entered time. Mobile access makes it easy for our employees to view their schedules, clock in and out and more. Location tracking also lets us know when an employee clocks out from a different location so we can ensure we aren't overpaying for time not at work. The money we save with Humanity exceeds what we spend on it per month. As a nonprofit organization, cost and time saving are big concerns. Humanity has increased our productivity and saved us quite a bit of money. In fact, we save more per month than what Humanity costs us.

Humanity review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Humanity - A Good Start with Some Important Changes to be Made"

What do you like best?

I love the repeating feature for shifts. It allows me to set a shift schedule for several months out - that way all I need to do is review and revise, rather than start from scratch.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there are no keyboard shortcuts that would seem intuitive to use. There is no cut and paste feature, where you could cut a shift and paste onto a different place.

If I'm using Humanity on one half of my screen, and my company schedule on the other, if I ever delete a shift, the floating pop-up prevents me from accessing.

I wish there were an easier way to identify which shifts have been repeated, without going on to the edit-shift screen.

We have been able to reduce overhead by using Humanity. It's much easier for us now to coordinate everyone's schedules so that their is enough staff each day, depending on the patient load.

Humanity review by Courtenay W.
Courtenay W.

"Meets minimum requirements, has features we don't use"

What do you like best?

Time clock keeps track of breaks and work time, has overtime calculations for payroll and is generally sufficient for our needs. Schedule visual view and editing is fairly straight forward and intuitive when used for it's basic functionality.

It has a mobile app, which is great for clocking in and out, but requires internet to even launch, so as long as I'm connected, that's ok.

I really appreciate the ability to see the shifts in a time line to view how well we've established 24/7 coverage for our support teams.

What do you dislike?

Auto filling of shifts has no true algorithm, which means we cannot use it. Stat holidays and tracking day off requests isn't as smooth as we would like, given our employees are all over the world (variety of timezones).

We were promised g-suite integration, which is not available at all.

The support team has tried to help us with the holidays for international employees several times, and they often don't seem like they have updated information on our previous conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do not have the robust timezone support that we were sold on originally, but no one else really does either.

It's way better than trying to manage a google calendar for our 25+ employees! It does give a standardized way for shift trades and leave requests to be submitted by employees, which is becoming more important as we grow.

Humanity review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Humanity has been an indispensable asset to managing our staff!"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user-friendly and intuitive. I'm still learning more and more about the software that allows us to operate more efficiently and get everyone the time on and off the clock they need. We recently implemented the Leave feature, and it's literally decluttered my workspace as a result. Being able to receive notifications on my phone and in email has been a big help so that I'm aware of what's going on at all times - even when I'm away from the office.

What do you dislike?

My only "complaint" is that sometimes I get caught in a bit of a loop when scheduling. I'll see duplicate shifts entered for a given employee or lose certain set filters. I'm not sure if this is user error, or a known issue, but it's easily remedied by refreshing the page. Other than that, a copy/paste feature would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform to manage your employee's schedules, look no further! Incredibly easy, cross-platform tool that saves so much time.

As our business has grown, we've had more and more need for streamlining some of our processes. Moving from pen and paper to Humanity has been a godsend, and takes a lot of time off of my plate when scheduling. More time to spend on other things means more whiskey being sold! The platform is also empowering to our team so that they are able to initiate things themselves without having to speak to a manager face to face.

Humanity review by Chantel L.
Chantel L.

"Review of Humanity (ShiftPlanning)"

What do you like best?

I like the new clean dashboard and icons. I also like the features available. It's just hard to find them. The features are not categorized effectively.

What do you dislike?

The group separation and permissions are not the best and the explanation of each is not clear. For example : a scheduler, a supervisor, a manager, and an admin. A manager can go in and delete all shifts in the system. There's way too much access. I have everyone who approves schedules, regardless of title, listed as a supervisor to limit. The UI could use a little but more organization once you get passed the dashboard.

Support is spotty and you may not receive help within a good time frame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend Humanity as is. Needs a bit of organizational improvements.

Keeping schedules in one location. Would like to utilize shiftplanning more to send messages to the teams and to track actual attendance and not just the schedules.

Humanity review by Allison G.
Allison G.

"Saving Invaluable Time"

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface, quick processing/calculations, affordable rate for not-for-profits. I'm admittedly only using a small portion of the software's capabilities but it's great for what I need it for!

What do you dislike?

Humanity's meal break rules don't coincide with ours so I had to get a little creative with how they're entered, as another position, then I deduct it myself from the total hours worked... It's an extra step but it's still much easier than setting up my own spreadsheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth taking the time to investigate all of the services Humanity has to offer to see if it will be beneficial for your business. We are only using a small percentage of its services because other systems, such as payroll, had already been established for such a long time and they were already working efficiently. We are a small team, with four full-time staff members in our department and up to 20 part-time hourly employees who are called in as-needed for anywhere from 2 hours to 12, depending on the show. Many Humanity's services are not needed, but the time-tracking software (formerly ShiftPlanning), has saved me countless hours trying to calculate hours worked for my crew. I can't imagine trying to reformat a spreadsheet for every show - we have over 200 in a year!

I solve scheduling conflicts *much* faster now and it's *much* easier to avoid over-time.

Humanity review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"Efficient Scheduler "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the app designed does not skip a beat with what it features. It makes writing a schedule and keeping your staff satisfied easy since they can reach it on their phone at any time. I also enjoy the notes feature on each shift where I can list what to wear/address details.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to set shifts in a drop down when I start typing one in. I know I can set recurring shifts but I would like to see a drop down option. I would also like to be able to put in the meal/break without having to break up into multiple shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program with support always available for a quick chat if needed!

My staff is able to request their time and availability and without delay I am able to keep record of those requests. I have been able to keep the staff happy with consistency that can sometimes be missed with human error.

Humanity review by Cody A.
Cody A.

"Timeclocking made easy!"

What do you like best?

I love the time clocking and schedule feature. My employees, regarding of location, can simply grab their phone to clock in and out. To make the schedules every week, I just drag and drop blocks, it takes 20 minutes! I also love that I can white-brand everything with my own company logo, it makes us look extremely professional!

What do you dislike?

I do not like the vacation and time off module. I would love an option to just click and say "ok this employee is off on this day".. the availability module is also extremely glichty. We need more flexibility with the shiftplanning system, We need to be able to click on someones visual view and instead of inserting a shift, instert time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use the modules you need, no need to use everything if you dont need it.

We are solving our scheduling, payroll, timeclocking and training problems with Humanity! The reports generator is awesome because I can generate employee-specif reports to review performance.

Humanity review by User

"Humanity is amazing its the best thing ive ever used. "

What do you like best?

The strongest methods of shift planning are the many ways for communicating when a worker is to work, when policy changes or other changes at work that need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals. All of this communicate can be managed in shift planning. workers can set up their cellphone for notifications.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i really don't like about humanity. Everything about humanity is perfect and would recommend this product to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The business problems im solving is none, A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request.

Humanity review by Deborah D.
Deborah D.

"Hands down the best scheduling tool!"

What do you like best?

Humanity has so many ways to schedule staff and make shifts available for them to pick up. We run a 24/7 operation and need staff around the clock. With all the available filters it's easy to visualize who is on shift, who's off, and who is available in case we need to call in reinforcements. Things are generally pretty intuitive and well-placed so that even non-Millenials should only have a short learning curve!

Employee permission levels are easy to tweak individually, so everyone is only seeing what's appropriate.

And that's only scratching the surface - our branch doesn't use the Payroll capabilities, Time Clock, or Training modules (although we've experimented with this and it's awesome so far), but only because our wider organization has its own tools for that. Even so, especially for round-the-clock workplaces, this is a seriously invaluable tool for scheduling.

What do you dislike?

The app is built with the Employee in mind - not the Manager. You can't do a lot of back-end organizing on there.

Some of the settings can initially be harder to find.

I would also like to see easier-to-access tutorials and webinars for beginners. As the Administrator it often falls on me to direct newer staff to resources which can help them, because they tend to be a little harder to find, on a separate website.

People know when their shifts are, and they can check it from home or their phone.

Our on-call staffers can pick up shifts themselves, without us always having to do call outs. It puts a lot of the power back in their hands.

On-call staff have easy options and clear expectations for telling us when they're able to come in and when they are not. It has made communication so much easier.

"Humanity is the best!"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend Humanity

"The best thing ever"

Administrator in Higher Education

"A system still finding it's way"

What do you like best?

What I love about Humanity is the ease of navigation through the system. The primary interface is nice, clean, and informative about your office staff, both who's present, who might be missing, and what's coming up.

I also really enjoy using the ShiftPlanning module, as it is a simple, clean way or working that's easily replicated out to other weeks of your semester.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Humanity is really what's still in process. Since Humanity and ShiftPlanning merged, they've undergone a lot of changes, which in my opinion, can't keep happening fast enough. The LMS (Training) module is still really buggy, and a lot of the little quirks of the system seem to perplex the support team. The other major issue I have with Humanity is a lack of clear development plan. I've been waiting for a while for them to improve their feature request system, to be better about communication, etc. and it's not happening. In fact, my office has had so many weird little issues with the training module (it's just advanced enough to meet our needs, but buggy, unlike most other LMSs), that we've abandoned the built in training module for another free LMS that allows us greater flexibility and compliance. There's also a timecard system built in, but there's no ability for us to associate account numbers so that our reports can just be handed straight to our payroll office. Since there's no reliable way to request the feature improvement, and no indication of any future plans, we just turned the time tracking off. We're really only using it now for making a schedule (which does beg the question - is it worth it?).

There's also no ability on employee schedules to create different types of leave or standing appointments (like lunch breaks).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider carefully what your core needs are and if this service meets your needs.

Our office is one that employs a LOT of part-time workers (we're a college IT Office). Unfortunately, almost all of these systems are designed around retail worker experience, and don't really apply to us. There are several things that we've hijacked to make things better. Our main business problem we solve with Humanity is scheduling over 40 people.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Scheduling & Time Clock"

What do you like best?

I love the staff scheduling wizard and flexibility for my staff. They are able to trade shifts, block out their class schedules and request vacation time making my job in scheduling them so much easier. The reports that are able to be pulled for when they clock in and clock out are ourstanding and give us a great idea of how much we are spending in labor dollars because I put their pay rate on their account.

What do you dislike?

I wish the report for finding what times they are all available worked a bit easier and had better detail similar to how systems like Doodle work and look.

We have both scheduling and timeclock in one system which is AWESOME. I also love the apps as much as my students do. It helps keep them responsible for their shifts and it is always in the palm of our hands.

Humanity review by Administrator

"Makes it easy to manage staffers with all different availabilities and varying weekly schedules"

What do you like best?

Being able to use a mix of the repeated shifts vs. building shifts individually as needed. I can pre-build a bunch of shifts during a slow week and keep them unpublished until I am ready to fill them and publish.

What do you dislike?

It can definitely be glitchy. Sometimes I try to add or remove someone from a shift and hit save, and the change isn't saved so I have to re-do it much more slowly so it saves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay organized and communicate clearly with staff how they are expected to use it so they are not lazy about it.

Each of our 20+ employees has a completely different schedule, so it's very useful to have a tool where they can each enter their unique availability and future conflicts (a mix of repeated and one-off instances). I also like the shift trade capabilities, but think there's room for improvement there.

Humanity review by Cory W.
Cory W.

"Humanity Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ease in which employees are able to schedule themselves. I create the time blocks and how many slots are available and release it to all of the employees who then go and start grabbing the available shifts. Works great when there are close to 300 drivers that I directly manage.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we had at first was the lag time. We have over 3000 delivery drivers that utilise our account which caused significant lag time, however Humanity worked with us and divided the drivers in different buckets and has significantly improved.

Scheduling, and keeping track of hours clocked for payroll.

Humanity review by David A.
David A.

"Great Software for Efficient Scheduling"

What do you like best?

The Shift Planning function makes scheduling a breeze. Being able to filter all my different locations with a click of a button has made the my life so much easier!

What do you dislike?

I find the process of assigning permissions a bit cumbersome and confusing. I eventually got the hang of it but was a little frustrated for a few days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Humanity to a company that needs to manage scheduling and pay role in one convenient location

My biggest problem that Humanity addresses is instant communication to employees about their schedules and changes made to them. I especially like that it gives my employees a portal to request time off and switch shifts with others.

Humanity review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Fast & Easy Employee Scheduling!"

What do you like best?

The system is very advanced and easy to navigate. The customer service is absolutely exceptional. If you ever need help with anything their customer service gets back to you almost instantly.

What do you dislike?

I have encountered quite a few glitches with the phone app from the management/owners side. It seems as though there are still bugs being worked out on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic software! I highly recommend to anyone looking to upgrade to a more high-tech, all encompassing system!

Our payroll processing expirence has been greatly improved in terms of time spent and ease. It's also been great having the ability to have our employees acknowledge their shifts which is a problem in my industry (banquet catering).

Humanity review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Having a web based platform for employees to sign into from a tablet, phone, or computer makes clocking in easy. A lot of times, we're clocking into jobs somewhere other than our office. So being able to access the app in almost any location is a definite plus.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice if there were some way to make clocking in and out a little faster for employees when needing to share one device to clock in.

We primarily use Humanity for time tracking. Having access to all the employees hours in one place makes payroll easier.

Humanity review by Samuel S.
Samuel S.

"Helpful, but sometimes inconvenient"

What do you like best?

I like that it provides many different options for how to contact employees and communicate necessary messages. Scheduling software benefits the most from using effective communication tools, and Humanity certainly has those.

What do you dislike?

The developers seem to be constantly patching the software and making small updates, which means that changes happen that are unexpected. When something changes, even if it's for the better, over a hundred employees have to relearn that particular detail. Additionally, new bugs are constantly being introduced and patched out, and this is often more of an inconvenience than what was being changed in the first place.

As a college restaurant, the employees are comprised almost entirely from work-study students. This means that for a small restaurant, we have nearly 200 employees, each working less than 15 hours a week while prioritizing classes over work, and we have about a 50% turnover rate each year. Having an enormous and complex schedule for such a small restaurant requires an intuitive and fluid program.

Humanity review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"ShiftPlanning through Humanity is simple and user friendly."

What do you like best?

We just use the ShiftPlanning capability through Humanity, but it is awesome. It is such a simple process to create shifts, modify shifts, and add employees to those shift. The ability to send notification of shifts via email and have our employees post their availability online is invaluable. We previously used spreadsheets to track this information, so this is a huge step up from what we had.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing about Humanity that I dislike. The ShiftPlanning capability within the system is very simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We only use the ShiftPlanning capability of the system, but Humanity is definitely an easy product to implement and utilize. I assume that the other capabilities within the system are as user-friendly. I would without at doubt recommend Humanity (at least the ShiftPlanning capability) to any company that doesn't have their own internal system for planning shifts for hundreds of workers nationwide.

We have between 200-500 part time as needed employees that are available at various times. Multi-shift planning for hundreds of part-time as needed employees at multiple geographic locations for multiple shifts is how we use the system. The benefit of ShiftPlanning through Humanity is that the system notifies our the employees of availble shifts in multiple locations across the country, and they can let us know their availability by signing up online. Then we can determine what gaps we need to fill in to complete the shift assignments.

Humanity review by Administrator

"Easy to use with some glitches"

What do you like best?

The best part of Humanity is the ease of viewing the schedule. When printing the schedule it is great that there are various options to select from. The software has helped our accounting and payroll department compare to clock in/out, to ensure employees are not taking advantage. The software makes it easy to prevent over scheduling someone and to not schedule them outside of their availabilitly.

What do you dislike?

The software is glitchy. It switches views on you when you don't desire it. The settings are often hidden within other settings. There is not a feature which allows a shift to end at "cut" or "close" - it forces a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great for those who have a larger number of varied job descriptions. We were also able to break ours out into different portals for the various departments within the company which helped a lot.

Sometimes the glitches in viewing make it hard to get the schedule done quickly and hard to view an accurate schedule on the mobile device.

Humanity review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"What we needed for scheduling."

What do you like best?

The Wizard! The system for filling in the schedule is so easy and time efficient. Also the accessibility that is available to all employees.

What do you dislike?

We've been using it for about 2 years now, and it has been a bit challenging to work with the updates that have gone through. We create "how to" documents for new employees that include "vacation" as a tab for them to use...then shift planning changes it's name to humanity AND changes a lot of the nomenclature within the program (vacation is now "leave"). Now our training documents are out of date and need to be updated.

We used to use an arcaic method of schedule making. It involved an excel spreadsheet, and posting the schedule on the fridge in our restaurant. You had to come in to find out when you were working next, and who it was with. Now everyone has online access to their schedules, and schedule makers can adjust them as needed. Vacation and time off is clearly kept track of, and it's very easy to craft next month's schedule. Humanity took what was 3 different documents (personal availability, vacation requests, and the actual schedule), and consolidated everything into one easy to manage system.

Humanity review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Staffing Woes - No More"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows us to see who is working anytime/anywhere as a live schedule. As our staffing needs and offsite facilities grew it became too difficult to manage through excel spreadsheets. It has virtually eliminated frantic, last minute shift coverage as we cover our shifts much faster with much less effort. The ability for staff to pick up shifts on the fly his a huge perk with our 17-25 year old staff group. They also love the app!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes features are added in beta and taken away. It can be confusing for managers/supervisors to learn new functions when they appear and disappear. We also very much dislike the availability function as it does not work for our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only word of caution is have as few hands in the 'pot' as possible. There is no audit trail in this program, so if someone deletes something (even if by accident) it is gone with no record of who did it or why.

Our staff all have an equal shot at picking up shifts. It has eliminated 'picking favorites' so to speak. Our staff love being able to stay organized through the app and our supervisors love the quickly accessible contact list.

Humanity review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Clean with great support, but sometimes time-consuming"

What do you like best?

The design is clean and there's a lot of flexibility in notification settings. Support is prompt and helpful despite a few broken links caused by a recent change to their help center. Compared to other scheduling systems I've used, Humanity is easy to start using immediately.

What do you dislike?

Creating schedules still isn't a lot of fun. Humanity doesn't require a lot of setup (e.g. creating schedule templates, business hours, forecasts) but this leads to repeating yourself a lot and doesn't scale well. Modifying repeating schedules that a lot of employees share can be a pain. For example, there's no way to clear someone's shifts for the day all at once. If you're creating schedules that include someone who has already requested vacation in the future, for instance, you need to manually remove them from each individual schedule unit for every day of their vacation. It takes 3 clicks to remove someone from a single shift. If they've taken a week off and have two unique duties every day, that's 2 * 5 * 3 = 30 clicks just to clear a single person's vacation days again. Removing shifts during vacation time should take between 0-1 clicks for the whole org. On the plus side, shifts will automatically be cleared if someone requests vacation after being scheduled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Humanity works best when you have a small team of people to schedule, and need the flexibility to easily schedule different times each week. I don't think it's efficient enough to handle more than a couple dozen schedules without a dedicated scheduling analyst.

I'm using Humanity to keep track of schedules. Previously, it was just ShiftPlanning — we use other platforms for other HR things. Since our schedules are mostly static, we're not seeing all the benefits that someone with more erratic schedules might.

Humanity review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Good, but not great"

What do you like best?

Humanity continues to make user-friendly and intuitive improvements for the end user.

What do you dislike?

Login sessions are not securely authenticated and allow browser cookie and cache spoofing. Developers refuse to make improvements to the QuickBooks export feature for confirmed timesheets, requiring me to export the csv and manually manipulate the information to be imported to QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing Edition with data placed in the proper fields. Employee timesheets should apply mid-shift position changes to the appropriate time periods rather than applying both positions to the entire shift. Employee rest and meal periods are not calculated in accordance with Oregon State laws and will deduct paid time that an employee has worked if they miss a break or clock back in early. Overtime rules are not made possible for Oregon manufacturing companies based on percentage of time in position and time worked in a shift excluding unpaid meal periods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely suggest that others take advantage of a trial and have a small subset of employees use it for a week as their sole timeclock system. Play around with the scheduling features, task assignments, and payroll report processing.

Employees are able to clock in and out from their shifts and breaks, paying employees for only time worked. Previously we only used paper time sheets and relied on employee's guestimates for the amount of time they were on break or when they clocked in or out. This type of rounding amounts to a 2-3% approximate increase in payroll costs. With payroll expenses being the #1 expense for our company, it is critical to control costs where possible and keep our employees paid for the time they work.

"Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

I like the template scheduling and being able to assign job roles to associates per day. I like the GPS identifier as well that comes along with being able to clock in and out with the convenience of their mobile devices. I also love that I can see if someone has viewed their schedule.

What do you dislike?

I would like more ability to be able to track when they're late based on our parameters (i.e. 5 minutes is late and leaving early isn't a problem). I'd also like to be able to have a more robust scheduled vs. actual report. It would be nice if we could have an assigned work station for people to clock in and out as well for times we want to switch off the GPS portion (heavy temp times).

We have resolved the issue of people not tracking their time and inventing hours. The biggest benefits have been uniform communication with employees and something we're starting now - tracking dollar labor for part-timers to better measure our performance.

Humanity review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Overall, pretty good scheduling platform"

What do you like best?

I use Humanity to store training modules and keep track of training modules. It's easy to see who has completed the training and who has not. I also use the shiftplanning section to maintain our 24/7 shift schedule. It's easy to repeat schedules, add and remove employees from schedules.

What do you dislike?

When creating recurring shifts, you cannot easily extend these shifts (you have to create a new one at the future end date, which I don't always remember!). There is no way to see when a recurring shift is set to end, so you need to keep checking on the schedule regularly. This is a hassle for someone in my position, where major shift changes only happen once or twice per year. The training modules also have a lot of potential to be much better. A few things I have noticed are, employees cannot submit multiple assignments/comments to one module, so if one piece is wrong, they have to be completely denied and upload everything again. The training modules have a very limited amount of formatting capabilities. You can copy and paste text from other places, such as Word, and the format may carry over and work, however, you may see code and broken format saved into the module later (now...or maybe the 3rd or 4th time you've save it, even if it worked before). Uploading images to the training module is very archaic -- you cannot resize the image other than knowing the exact pixel dimensions of the image. Also, employees typically take days off that they do not request vacation for. There's no way to edit the amount of days they take vacation off. You just have to make sure the employee gets it right, which is NOT easy to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the training module sections more developed and test them more thoroughly. I know they are in BETA mode, however, no changes have been made to this area since before Shiftplanning turned into Humanity. It was really disappointing not to see improvements here. Also, it would be helpful to be able to know when a repeating shift is scheduled to end and be able to extend that repeating shift, rather than have to create a new one. Other calendaring platforms can do this and for this reason alone, we have considered moving off of the Humanity platform.

We're trying to solve the problems of making sure we have 24/7 employee coverage and ensure all employees have successfully completed all training requirements.

Humanity review by Brittany C.
Brittany C.

"Scheduling Made Easier"

What do you like best?

This software is very user friendly and we have utilized it to coordinate scheduling with multiple departments. It's very easy to create new events and schedule staff, and staff can also schedule themselves. The new app for employees also has a better layout and all of our staff has been able to use it without trouble.

What do you dislike?

I don't believe there's anything that stands out that we dislike. We were looking for a way to schedule programs that was easy to see and that allowed our staff to sign up for shifts on their own, and this program has accomplished that for us.

Staff are able to sign themselves up for open shifts without having to go back and forth in emails with supervisors about who can take which shift. Everyone has equal access to the calendar, so it's very easy to determine who signed up first, and those of us managing the calendar can easily approve the appropriate staff. It's also beneficial for logging part-time hours

Humanity review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"A Basic System"

What do you like best?

The system is basic and, as result, it is easy to add new employees, schedule, create new locations, etc. Team members may update their profiles to include phone numbers, photographs and other personal details making it a resource I, sometimes, use.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard and tabs do not allow a natural transitioning from one function to another. Pulling reports is painful - there are too many and often with similar names, making it difficult to find what you need if you use it irregularly. As an example, there are many reports that can be pulled up under timesheets. It would be better to rename them to reflect their end purpose i.e. time sheet - payroll manefest.

Additionally, there is no cross functionality... I can not add sales, employee banking information, etc. Many functions or information (i.e. attendance record) serve little purpose considering there are no HR functions tied to it.

You may add training modules for team members to review, complete and cite.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Limited and unhelpful in schedule creation. "

What do you like best?

I appreciate how Humanity helps facilitates the process for shift changes, monitoring the budget, and compiling employee information (under their profiles).

What do you dislike?

To be blunt, Humanity presents the schedule in an ugly format. We have many overlapping but different shifts and the system's set-up does not cleanly or nicely present the information we need to create a schedule from scratch. Downloading availability is clunky and our employees find inputting their availability to be either confusing or tedious, it is not intuitive. Additionally the shift trades or changes lack an ability to track the history (the note an employee writes as to why their shift is changing is lost once the shift change is approved). Overall it lacks functionality for what our office actually needs and I would actively tell my colleagues in higher education/student management to not use it (at least if they have a complex and dynamic student staff).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better way to collect availability and see all availability in a visual manner rather than numerically. Cleaner way to view the schedule and multiple roles at the same time. Ways to track history of a shift to include notes from students changing shifts and/or ability for an administrator to add comments before approving a shift trade.

It more efficiently collects budget information and streamlines shift changes. Before this process was manual.

Humanity review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Easy to use & big time-saver"

What do you like best?

I like being able to make the schedule without consulting various notes on employee availability. This platform puts the responsibility into the employees' hands to make sure they enter availability and find employees to cover this shifts when needed. It's also a great platform for communicating with employees whether individually or as a group.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I particularly dislike.

I am saving a lot of time with scheduling. There aren't any issues with someone not knowing if they're scheduled. It puts the responsibility for managing attendance on the employees. I also like the feature where they have to confirm their shift - that way there's no room for error.

Humanity review by Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.

"Cut over 8-10 hours off my week "

What do you like best?

I use to schedule freelance carpenters through email. Send out call information to A team members, see if they can work, if they can't then I'd go to the next tier. It was a lot of back and forth. With shiftplanning I post the shift, people request to work it then I fill the call. I LOVE how much time it has saved me.

Also really like how it keeps track of people who didn't show up for a shift or were late.

-Simple to use

-I'm not using it to the full capacity, just basic scheduling, has a lot more to offer.

What do you dislike?

-All the emails it sends. Employees have to adjust their settings.

-Training topics badge on the homepage.

-That Admin can't log into shiftplanning via their phone and approve shift requests

Recommendations to others considering the product

For freelance employees I like how they tell me what they can work instead of other scheduling programs where the employee has to constantly update if they are available that day.

You can track your employees hours to prevent overtime and you can see your weekly totals (employees, cost and time)

There is a lot you can do with this program, I just haven't dug into it as much as I could.

-Before I had a lot of room for error.

-I've added more time to my week to be more productive in other areas

Humanity review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"INTUITIVE AND USER FRIENDLY"

What do you like best?

Humanity is easy to use and built to cater to both tech-savvy individuals and to those who have little to no experience using employee management software.

What do you dislike?

They app seems to lag a bit and employees frequently comment on how it does not seem to clock them in and out consistently. The new app has proven to be much more effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initial set up is never easy, but this software is seamless and user-friendly. Embrace the tech.

Time. I am always running in different directions and humanity saves me a ton of time in scheduling and payroll. It also aids the employees in communicating shift changes or covering shifts they cannot work.

Humanity review by Allie S.
Allie S.

"I like humanity because it allows staff to pick up shifts."

What do you like best?

I like that I can look at all of my schedules at once and can filter by staff name as well. It really helps see who is available to work when someone calls in.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that open slots do not show up with open shifts at the top of the staff view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is a great tool to allow staff to pick up shifts without having to call/text them and also lets them easily see their schedules.

Finding staff available sooner because you can see easily what they are scheduled to work.

Humanity review by Colin C.
Colin C.

"Manage effectively"

What do you like best?

Being able to change shifts for employees and have them be notified automatically - and also allow them to shift exchange with each other has made our scheduling far less problematic.

The estimate of wages is great for budgeting our payroll per week.

Can't say enough about this app!

What do you dislike?

Training module could use more attention in order to facilitate training a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It's a jump, but once you start, it's an easy jump.

We solved out scheduling issues entirely. We are still working on the training aspects. Overall, communication with our staff is facilitated in a far more automated way, which has resolved a lot of issues.

Humanity review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Humanity helps me to be a better manager"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it gives me and my staff to be able to check the schedule from our phones or home computers. It also makes my job easier, as it keeps track of all time sheets so that I do not have to.

What do you dislike?

We use the automatic sign out option for our employees. However, I wish that there was a way to keep the administrators logged in longer than the allotted time because it does get frustrating when I am working on the schedule for a long amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so worth the investment, everything is all in one place!

Scheduling, time tracking, communication and more.

Humanity review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"Planning shifts in your hospital"

What do you like best?

It is easy to leave a shift and to create your hospital setting in a day.

What do you dislike?

Spanish translation is poor. The app has lot of tags still in English, the automated e-mails are in English. It is not fully translated and there is a mixture of Spanglish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a need of better support for ADSF. It is not working properly with iOS.

There is a clear need of a better translation of the whole software into Spanish. We can only use the software with MD that speak English, but not with all my nurses (up to 2,000)

Hospital shifts at the emergency department and the neurology department.

Humanity review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Good so far - reliable and tons of features"

What do you like best?

Easy to create schedules. My guys can check it from anywhere. The ones who miss shifts can even get reminders and I can verify that they have acknowledged the shift - adding a layer of accountability.

What do you dislike?

Some intended shortcuts wind up adding time. I'd love to be able to copy a week of a specific employees schedule and paste it into another week - our previous humanity software did this before the merger.

making and checking the schedule across all stores is easy. easy to track time off and schedule requests.

Humanity review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Great Shiftplaninng Software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to approve timesheets and their auto-deduct rules for lunches. Customizeable features for however you want it to work for your company. Easy to differentiate departments schedules and timesheets, user friendly!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an approaching OT alert as an employee clocks in for their last shift of the week that also alerts managers a day or two prior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use for scheduling multiple departments, overviewing hours punched, easily able to make corrections, and scheduling time off.

Accuracy with punching in /out and time sheet reports.

Humanity review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"Great for Scheduling Staff"

What do you like best?

The convenience of scheduling and checking hours/breaks. I also really like that staff can put in time off request online, paper copies can easily get lost, this also gives them the option to be more in control of their schedules.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't see the hours of individual shifts, this would help significantly because it would let me know if minor or over 18 staffer needs a break. This isn't a big deal just a small pet peeve of mine.

As a team I feel like it makes the whole week run smoother, it's also super easy to calculate payroll and cut accordingly.

Humanity review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A Easy To Use Product to Help With All Scheduling Needs"

What do you like best?

Humanity is very user friendly for scheduling. It's Position view is very effective for what I need when coordinating bands for special events and educational performances.

What do you dislike?

When first using the work unit feature, it was hard to distinguish between it and the rate card feature. I don't find this to be an issue now, but it was confusing with initial infrastructure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is great to use. It provides users with an easy method of scheduling employees, and provides employees with a very easy way to access their schedule. Payroll is also drastically improved with their clock-in/clock-out feature, too! This beats the old methods of scheduling your employees.

We utilize Humanity to schedule both musicians and staff to work a nightly basis at our venue. I find it helpful for our organization to compartmentalize the bigger picture of what programs are happening daily.

Humanity review by Administrator

"Coordinate staff that are shared across multiple units and locations"

What do you like best?

Ability for multiple users to schedule staff at multiple work sites. We also have shoehorned some shared equipment into this, allows us to keep track who is where and change at a moments notice. Chart-format looks good on a large-screen TV in the warehouse, easy for staff to check bookings. Although we don't use these features, it also can capture payroll costs, shift availability, vacations, tenure, birthdays/anniversaries.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial for us to have a toggle in settings that disallows scheduling conflicts. Currently, the software will allow it, though it will also flag it as a conflict.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does far more than scheduling, and may be able to replace some other existing payroll/availability software you may have.

Quickly and easily schedule and check on staff locations at a glance. Allows for coordination of multiple teams. Allows multiple users to schedule workers at the same time, and simple presentation of the data allows everyone to quickly get the information that they need and be on their way without navigating the software.

Humanity review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Decent Scheduling System"

What do you like best?

Customer service has been quite responsive.

What do you dislike?

1. Employees can't sign up for a shift if they've already tried signing up previously, in the event someone ends up unable to work.

2. The GPS will occasionally not recognize the address I type in and will override it with a generic address range.

3. shift notification emails aren't sent based on the time zone of the location of the shift(they're based on the main time zone of the account I believe). This caused us some issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

add a geomapping option.

It's helped communicate with the entire staff and the scheduler is decent for the most part.

Humanity review by Carlos C.
Carlos C.

"A few quirks aside, Humanity works quite well for scheduling teams."

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability to set repeating schedules. I would typically set up schedules for 1 year out and then I would only have to do spot changes when a team member requested a day off. Very convenient feature.

What do you dislike?

There is a big learning curve and it is not intuitive at all. Once you get the hang of it, it works well , but there is a significant amount of trial and error.

Humanity is great for solving the tedious aspects of scheduling a large team. After the initial setup (which can be grueling) it is fairly easy to maintain.

Humanity review by Sonni F.
Sonni F.

"Humanity"

What do you like best?

I like how if you accidentally forget to clock in or out you can note in there right at the time you left off for your manager.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system will not let us clock in or out but besides that it is very convenient.

We are able to see not only schedules of our employees but personal notes like birthdays as well so we can make our team have a great relationship.

Humanity review by Andrea L.
Andrea L.

"easy layout, easy to find information, no training for staff needed "

What do you like best?

clean simple format, drag and drop features, ability to sort schedules by location, position, etc..., communication features like texting

What do you dislike?

very crowded table when we have more several positions and shifts, there is no option to collapse or hide positions. The only way to do it is using filters, but we can only display one 'category' with each filter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a centralized office to manage all the schedules for all the locations, use the humanity team to build your initial schedule

monitoring staffing, communicate with staff

Humanity review by User in International Trade and Development
User in International Trade and Development

"Humanity: Pragmatic Employee Management Software"

What do you like best?

The app is very organized and user-friendly. It allows you to effectively manage labor forecasting, shift sceduling, time and attendance tracking, absence management and workforce analytics.

What do you dislike?

The lack of more options especially the ability to auto-import schedules into Google Calendar on my phone. I think this would be very useful for users of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software to help you with labor forecasting, shift sceduling, time and attendance tracking, absence management and workforce analytics., then you should consider using Humanity.

The humanity platform is very useful for managing employees from a holistic perspective. Having all that information on the phone app or desktop computer is amazing.

Humanity review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"It's Basic. "

What do you like best?

I have synced my schedule to my Google Cal and usually view it there, so I spent some time deliberately diving into ShiftPlanning more for this review. So the first points go to actually being able to sync the schedule to other places.

One element I enjoy is the design of the ShiftPlanning dashboard. It's clean and simple, offers nice UX, a readable font, simple icons, etc. I enjoy when software is not busy or distracting.

The Reports section is useful for a straightforward outline of my approved/declined vacation days, which I wish I discovered earlier!

Adjusting my profile is incredibly simple, including managing my notification settings or editing personal details.

What do you dislike?

I'm not certain if this is a result of how my workplace uses the software, but I find a lot of the dashboard tools underutilized and therefore unnecessary.

The dashboard's home page itself is underwhelming. It shows a list of my upcoming shifts in list form and... upcoming employee birthdays? Well, that's fun I suppose. There's also a "message wall" that my company obviously doesn't use.

Some of the links don't make sense to me, like an icon you click on beside a listed shift that only repeats the same information. Okay, so it shows the weekday and the month isn't abbreviated. A lot of the reports offer metrics that don't populate any information. I can search for other staff, but can't click on them. In fairness, seeing them grouped by department is cool, but it took some digging to find what little use that actually offers.

When it comes to the actual schedule, there are different "views" to look at in. I prefer a calendar (month) view, and it's frustrating that it defaults to a "list." The view icons are one element that has never felt intuitive, and even the names, "employee view," "visual view," what am I supposed to think these mean?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, or look into how to make the most of what it offers. I find the tools it offers are more for quantity over quality.

We might be able to remember each others birthdays, if we actually decide to ever look at our ShiftPlanning dash. Hopefully, people will know when to show up to work!

Humanity review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Good interface for scheduling"

What do you like best?

I like the desktop interface and it's abilities for scheduling my crew and trucks.

What do you dislike?

I don't find the mobile app to be incredibly helpful for scheduling or interfacing with. Every time I click on a new day, it reverts to showing me my schedule rather than the schedule overview I'm looking for. Nowhere near as easy as the desktop interface to add events/schedule crew.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy, as with anything. Make sure this works for what your business does and needs help with. Some features might be helpful for you, some features may not apply at all.

Gets our schedule information distributed to crew quickly so people know where and when they are going somewhere and when that information has changed. Seems to be better communication with our crew members.

Humanity review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Excellent Customer Service and Great Interface"

What do you like best?

The service you get from the team at Humanity is much better than I have experienced at other companies. Their interface allows for excellent customization and allows our team of 11 stores to function extremely well. I would absolutely recommend Humanity to other retail companies.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting can be improved and is a bit confusing. I also wish there was a master employee file where all employees wages and information could be seen and edited. Their app functionality has also been questions by some of our retail team.

Humanity allows us to schedule employees across 11 different stores, track their time for payroll and allow them to check in and check out. It also serves as a general information board for our employees allowing us to post announcements.

Humanity review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Refreshing"

What do you like best?

The new look of the windows and the location of the buttons. Also the capability to cancel window schedule.

What do you dislike?

In the who's working window, if I want to just modify the schedule for a specific personnel, once I save it , all the personnel on duty for that day will be affected. Is there an option that the change will be for that person only? If there's an option just point me to the help location,

We can change , update and monitor our workforce schedules on-line on different locations.

Humanity review by Cory W.
Cory W.

"Easy and convent for business use"

What do you like best?

I love Humanity, I use this app to hire delivery drivers for our food delivery app company. It is very easy to onboard employees and helps us organize employee hours and schedules.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I attempt to onboard multiple people a once it can take a long time to to load. It seems like it happenes during what would be concidered peek usage times.

It allows our drivers very easy access to picking up there own schedules. It saves us the time of having to make schedules for the employees.

Humanity review by User in Higher Education

"Humanity is seamless "

What do you like best?

I love being able to clock in and see who else is on shift at the moment. It helps get a sense of what other employees I am working with that day. It's also nice because you can break down each hour into different positions so you can always see where and when your working. You can always request to change your shift which is nice so you don't have to go directly to your supervisor causing hassle.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any negative comments about Humanity it's super easy and a great tool to use for a smaller company!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendations specifically! I haven't ran into any problems so far!

Humanity allows smaller companies to schedule all their employees within just a few clicks! It takes the stress out of printing out a schedule and trying to determine peoples availability!

Humanity review by artin z.
artin z.

"Great product with very good support team"

What do you like best?

We are using it in a Water Sport and Divecenter and does a very nice job controlling our resource.

Its even able to handle our bookings.

very good amount of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

The date is based on US time zone and for us till mid day the today button means yesterday.

I the app overtime you open a schedule and go back go to days date but sometimes you need to stay in the day that you are looking at and not going back to a certain date all the time.

Privileges can be more customizable.

Staff breaks or half day off can't be added or scheduled (Example lunch breaks can't be scheduled )

Controlling our bookings and availability of human resource and equipment to service the guest.

Humanity review by Ari G.
Ari G.

"Reliable,constantly update, very convenient for staff "

What do you like best?

We love that employee can access and be updated with all changed instantly online in real time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes longer than normal to load the website, other phone company does not cover SMS service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always online, reliable, with App for smart phone easy for employee´s to check they up coming shifts.

We spent 100 of hours on schedule the shift for an employee Humanity.com is help us cut those precious hours. It easy and helps us keep track of our employee's sick leave holiday and late show-up.

"Very pleasent experience"

What do you like best?

Humanity team is easy to reach out to, they listen to your concerns and act upon the feedback given. The platform itself is a breeze to use, very user friendly. My team quite enjoys using it. updates are quite frequent as well

What do you dislike?

One little drawback is that Humanity is still in it's infancy stage. So minor bugs you wouldn't necessarily see elsewhere are present here (minor bugs, certain functions missing...). But all in all, I don't have many bad things to say at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

People were always showing up late saying that they didn't see the schedule. But now that they receive live notifications when schedule is published, this is no longer an issue (or it can't be used as an excuse)

Humanity review by Angela T.
Angela T.

"We use it for scheduling our employees"

What do you like best?

I like that there is different views of calendars. The availability of the employees is nice as well.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a lot that could be changed with this program. I think it would be nice to have a feature where you could select what employees you wanted and just have a big map of when everyone was available. It could be cool to have a feature of how many hours you would like each employee to work and then there was a function that created an ideal schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is a good product. There could be improvements but it gets the job done.

We mostly only use it to schedule our front desk. It is easy when you want an interchangeable schedule.

Humanity review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Humanity Review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of it. Schedule making and managing time sheets are not difficult at all. Hourly associates seem to like the new Humanity App for Employees.

What do you dislike?

We have multiple store locations, so we have had issues with time zones. Some stores are in the correct time zone and some incorrect. I have tried to edit the time zones for each location so they reflected the correct time, but that hasn't fixed anything. It seems as though even though we have stores in different time zones, Humanity is only able to operate under one time zone.

As stated above, we have multiple store locations, so we have had issues with time zones. Some stores are in the correct time zone and some incorrect.

Humanity review by Andy R.
Andy R.

"Humanity - My most hated task made easier."

What do you like best?

I like the day view on shiftplanning, because I can easily see where I am light on coverage. Also the training area is nice to keep track of information going out to team members

What do you dislike?

Rate of refresh. Especially when copying shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time on the training area. I would like to be able to run reports, view test answers.

Access to the team member schedule. I like the ability for team members to swap shifts. Takes the onus off of me to find their coverage.

Humanity review by User

"Humanity keeps time keeping human"

What do you like best?

I like how when you sign in, it tells it you was successful before loading the page. It highlights other employees birthdays and your own. I like these features because it just shows they are just little indicators that they try to make the software user friendly and "Caring" as much as software can care.

What do you dislike?

nothing significant. I would say some of it visually is less than impressive. They could do a little more to make it more visually appealing, but that's not super important. It gets the job it's intended to done.

It helps us keep track of time clocks/time sheets, monitor employee's hours

Humanity review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Technical Supervisor"

What do you like best?

The filters for staff and centers and the new half day off request.

* the way that they you can change views from staff to position.

* when you click on a shift that you can see where all staff are.

What do you dislike?

*How you have to manually input shifts or copy them other from other weeks.

*We need to be able to get rid of an employee without taking off the shift they were on for legal reasons.

*our company does not use the payroll portion so I do not know how it works.

*need to but able to shift shifts around and play around with different senerios without posted and sending emails to staff.

Tracking in shifts in real time for staff.

Humanity review by Cheyne M.
Cheyne M.

"AWESOME!!!!"

What do you like best?

This program with the corresponding app just makes it so much easier from all to stay informed of work schedule and people that may be available to cover a shift if needed all at a glance. Thank you.....

What do you dislike?

as the manager I would like to go straight to the group schedule on the app rather then the my individual one

Recommendations to others considering the product

give a try. my suggestion would be to not make final judgement until you've used it for at least 3 months

fast and easy

"I love Humanity"

What do you like best?

I love that they have the app for iPhone and Android users. The ease and accessibility is just wonderful. Can't get any better than this!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the app has glitches and I'm unable to access certain things on the app that I can access from my desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and I swear you'll love it. Once you go Humanity, you never go back!

The system seems to glitch also when we switch from using it on our phones and desktop however, customer support is always quick to resolve all our issues.

Humanity review by User in Higher Education

"Great Clock In Application"

What do you like best?

Easy to clock in, and easy to request a leave for the job.

Able to see who is clocked in for the day on the dashboard.

A message wall to see the latest updates.

Able to add training sessions for employees.

What do you dislike?

Everything is scattered. First time users who don't know where the buttons are for each function may be confused. Will take a while to get used to the website.

Clocking in and leave requests. Can request leave without talking to boss/supervisor face to face. Supervisor will receive notification and to approve or not approve the leave.

Humanity review by User

"Humanity's personal experience from an employees perspective"

What do you like best?

I like that you not only use it to clock in and out, but also that your schedule is always there. It's everything that you are possibly going to need to manage your workspace all in one.

What do you dislike?

Not much I haven't liked so far. Gives you a variety of options so it's hard not to like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it any business looking for an easy and sufficient way of scheduling and communicating with their employees.

I benefit from the app that you can download on your phone tremendously, if the schedule is changing or I need to know which location or what time im working that day, it is right there in my hands!

Humanity review by Consultant in Sports
Consultant in Sports

"Humanity works well for scheduling"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use scheduling solution that has a great scheduling visualization component to see exactly who is scheduled when and what the coverage is at the business at any given time.

What do you dislike?

I wish Humanity would include more features related to tasks and task list completion for assigning tasks to employees on a daily basis when they clock in as well as creating continuing and daily tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy to use scheduling and time clock solution that does the job quite well.

Humanity is great at scheduling and making schedules available in multiple ways to all the people in the organization. It also excels at reducing the time necessary to put together schedules.

Humanity review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and someone can pick it up in a day or two. I am able to train people myself or have them look at short user videos on you tube to understand the system. I have up to 75 people using the system and they can all go in and make individual changes or requests online without contacting me personally. I can put things in in advance and wait to publish them when needed.

What do you dislike?

I would like the app to have more capabilities for the scheduler. I only use Humanity on the computer but the students who use it like to use the phone app. For certain items I have to have them log into a computer.

I often have to refresh my screen to see vacation requests because they disappear.

I would love to see a future tab so I can plan things for the future. I work at a University and the schedules change ever ten weeks and it gets tricky trying to pre-load availability.

It just saves time being able to send out group e-mails and publish certain departments. I don't have to update a group e-mail or send items one at a time. The students can write back and forth to each other easily so the shifts can be covered.

Humanity review by Allison H.
Allison H.

"We've been with Humanity from the beginning and have seen progressive positive changes"

What do you like best?

Favorite feature is the quick access via the app, second favorite is the time clock

What do you dislike?

Not being able to also manage HR info and be prompted to HR needs such as benefits and also not being able to export vacation time and pay to quickbooks, not being able to easily upload schedules into shiftplanning from excel

dispersing schedules and assigning shifts

Humanity review by Angie W.
Angie W.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

Time sheet summaries and reports are easy and fast to use.

What do you dislike?

a pain to enter schedules when you have more than one location

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chat support is fast and great.

Need to explain cost set up. I wasnt deleting old users and we got hit with extra costs. Just didnt know.

Reporting is great, fast and easy to use.

schedule inputting is a bit of a pain when you have more than one location.

sometimes the girls have trouble dropping and picking up shifts and I have to make the changes

scheduling and notification for employees.

great reporting for payroll

Humanity review by Amir K.
Amir K.

"Effective - both cost and operation wise."

What do you like best?

easy to update shifts on a computer, tablet or a mobile phone, and the availability of mobile apps for employees.

What do you dislike?

waiting for better payroll integration .

As a small company, we needed a cost effective solution to give our associates the ability to view their upcoming shifts, clock-in and out, as well as set availability, request leave, and see the team they'll be working with. Move on from using MS Excel for making schedules!

Humanity review by Administrator

"Easy to set up and helpful for all staff members"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take long to set up a schedule for months in advanced- it's helpful to me, and the staff, to be able to get a good head start on the schedule! It's also great that I don't always have to pay attention to who has off, or is on vacation- Humanity keeps that all in check for me!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to work with days off/vacation for our staff- because we are a non-profit, our days off work a little differently that this program doesn't quite work well with.

Clarification with all staff- it's easy to know where and when you're working- along with knowing who you're working with.

Humanity review by Tiffany G.
Tiffany G.

"Intake Manager"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps track of all clock in times and breaks it's very organized.

What do you dislike?

The flaws, sometimes it doesn't let people clock in at all, or it clocks them out before their shift has even ended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Being sure that employees are here for their scheduled shifts.

Humanity review by Annelise M H.
Annelise M H.

"Straightforward shiftplanning with ease"

What do you like best?

I like being able to message all of my active staff at once and being able to personalize a message through Humanity when I publish shifts instead of having to send a separate email.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the calendar displays and shift editing isn't as easy as it could be. A separate editor for creating a new shift would be useful.

Solving for getting staff to recruiting events. Benefits of people selecting shifts via email.

Humanity review by Benjamin H.
Benjamin H.

"Humanity has been fantastic! "

What do you like best?

The scheduling platform within Humanity is very easy to use and the messaging options are very helpful in getting the word out to employees.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that the settings tabs are a little difficult to maneuver. However overall that is minor.

We had some issues with staff not showing up to scheduled shifts. With Humanity's shiftplanning feature employees are getting reminders and the issue has declined.

Humanity review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Good with a few glitches"

What do you like best?

Functionality to remind staff of shifts and alert them of changes in real time

What do you dislike?

Sometimes does not refresh unless you click to change days or weeks. It will think its a certain date if you have it open for longer than 24 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

more visually appealing views and additional printing options, better app for administrators

Going paperless with schedules, alerting staff of open shifts so they can pick them up across locations.

Humanity review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Humanity Review"

What do you like best?

I like the overall functionality of the program. The new corresponding app is cohesive and much more user friendly than the older version. The program has been one of the main things I work with, as a Scheduling Coordinator. All of the employee's I schedule are on the same page communication-wise.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few bugs I have noticed. The main one being a 'shift release' function on the app. Once and a while an employee is unable to use this function on specific dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For scheduling large numbers of employees it is essential.

The benefits are endless for my job position. It makes my job application smooth.

Humanity review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"flexible and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Humanity offers a lot of flexibility, especially for those who don't work in a traditional office setting. I've used it both as a scheduler and employee and the website and app are both easy to use and stacked with powerful features.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the app had more formatting options to view your schedule, for example a better monthy view or a more visually descriptive weekly view. I also wish the app listed the day of the week (mon, tues, wed...) instead of just the date.

Also, this form would not let me upload a screenshot below from my mobile phone.

It saves a lot of time in scheduling, so easy to use. Working in a union environment its great to be able to set parameters specific to our contract and have the app notify us when we're scheduling folks in overtime, or meal/turnaround time penalties.

Humanity review by Cheyenne B W.
Cheyenne B W.

"Ease of connection"

What do you like best?

We love the ability for our team members to not only being able to see all schedules either from their desktop or phone app but being able to connect to each other directly through team profiles. Very helpful feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when I am building schedules for a new team member and I can not copy & paste a week into a new week. I find the publish button a little annoying but I understand the purpose of confirming and avoiding mistakes.

We are still in the beginnings of REALLY using Humanity but we really have come to enjoy the time off request feature that the program offers.

Humanity review by Aarika B.
Aarika B.

"Super convenient "

What do you like best?

Humanity is super easy to access and convenient for scheduling employees.

What do you dislike?

The feature at the top when you publish, the words get in the way of the arrows in which you click to go onto another week.

Humanity helps let our emolyees know where and when they are working and lets them keep checking their schedules. Scheduling shifts in advance and copying shifts into future weeks are a great benefit.

Humanity review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Flexible program, designed well"

What do you like best?

I like that Humanity is very flexible - and can be easily manipulated to see all of our locations within our region. The reports that are pre-loaded have been all that I have needed so far and I appreciate that!

What do you dislike?

I don't think that I dislike anything so far - I am new to the program so I think it takes some getting used to and that can only be achieved by actually spending time in the program.

Accessibility to the schedule from anywhere - not just when at work. High level of user interaction possible - ex: staff able to trade shifts with each other.

Humanity review by Administrator in Wine and Spirits
Administrator in Wine and Spirits

"impresses new staff, in spite of some flaws"

What do you like best?

Everything I need is integrated in one unit. Training, vacation requests, schedule history, time clock, etc

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the training modules tell staff an answer on a quiz is incorrect, when it is not... also they can't see their score, so they don't know if they did a good job or not until I tell them. Staff also can't retake a module if they score poorly. I have to actually edit the module and reassign to anyone that had trouble.

Much more efficient, much less paper to store.

The dashboard notifications help me get all the staff on the same day with changes or issues.

Humanity review by Executive Sponsor in Entertainment
Executive Sponsor in Entertainment

"A very user-friendly app to manage shift schedule"

What do you like best?

Humanity makes it really easy to visualise schedules for my team, who work across shifts 24/7. It has a handy feature that alerts me if I've assigned someone for more than 40 hours a week, etc.

What do you dislike?

I'm nitpicking here, but I'd like for the employee profile to allow for larger size photos. With a large team I find it less awkward and easier to put a face to a name if I can see a photo. The profile photo is small, and I don't see a way to enlarge it.

1. Ensuring that I'm scheduling my employees fairly across night, weekend and holiday shifts.

Humanity review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"solid foundation with good customer service generally"

What do you like best?

powerful features and fairly easy to use. customizing your preferences once you have been through the app is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

could be more intuitive, and have had a few issues with staff not signing out and then other staff using the wrong account

all of our staff scheduling is done with Humanity.

Humanity review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great scheduling platform, responsive team"

What do you like best?

Humanity fits our unique scheduling needs better than any other systems we've encountered. We have a wide range of personnel working various functions at various locations around the globe, and Humanity has allowed us to scale the scope of our operations while maintaining effective workforce management capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We've had issues in the past with website responsiveness due to our size and complexity, but those issues have been continually addressed by the Humanity team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your requirements analysis and testing.

It's important that we're able to effectively manage our workforce, both from an availability and retroactive reporting standpoint. Humanity allows us to remain organized.

Humanity review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great for Workforce Management"

What do you like best?

We only use the scheduling feature. The feature is easy to work with, but there could be some improvements made

What do you dislike?

Some of the new updates make it extremely hard to see an entire group instead of just sub-groups. The newest updates are not of my liking, but we will continue to use the application because it's easy to use and it's already implemented in our system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Scheduling is what we use it for the most. It's great for scheduling, but some of the newer features make it a little harder when trying to manage an entire team and not just sub-groups

Humanity review by Andy K.
Andy K.

"Decent Scheduling System With Flaws"

What do you like best?

Scheduling wizard works pretty well. It makes it easy to schedule a large amount of shifts.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user friendly system. There is still a lot of individual changes and input that needs to be done just to get things set up. Changing shifts is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate all options.

We use it to manage our work schedule of 100+ employees.

Humanity review by Courtney A.
Courtney A.

"Great app for scheduling. Payroll could use some updates"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of scheduling, as well as shift exchange. Setting availability is easy as well.

What do you dislike?

They recently changed the payroll record printing format and it prints in a format that is not useful. I now have to export it to CSV, then modify it to print. It's a few extra steps that aren't necessary, if I could just select the columns I want printed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great and they are making constant improvements.

Scheduling is much easier and payroll is simpler and easier to track. Our staff appreciates the ease of access on the mobile device as well.

"Generally Good"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to color coordinate shifts, making sure