(341 reviews)

Learning about Humanity?

Humanity Reviews

Ask Humanity a Question
Showing 341 Humanity reviews
Humanity review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Great Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of scheduling and editing the schedule, it allows you to move times as well as change the working employee with minimal effort. I also like the messaging / chat / message wall features. The location settings are nice, it allows me to see where the employee actually logs in. I really want to use a card reader for employees to clock in and out with, however haven't been able to set it up yet due to time constraints. The API's and LDAP integration is very helpful for what I am looking to do for the future. The support staff is very helpful when I have a question or need assistance with a feature.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create training that aren't solely multiple choice. I'd like for employees to be able to put their own skills in rather that having to make a list for me to check off in their accounts when I know their skill-sets. I would like to be able to publish shifts to the future without having to go to every month and publish them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this a try, you can schedule multiple locations within one system.

It makes scheduling and sharing schedules with others easier.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Humanity
Humanity review by Robin M.
Robin M.

"Overall good"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Humanity. I also like how good the customer service is when using the chat feature.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for bug fixes. Additionally, I dislike the fact that when Shiftplannig switched to Humanity, we've had a different accoung manger almost every 6 months, and are constantly having to explain again what the nature of our business is. The price per user is high compared to other companies of its kind. Being one of the larger users with Humanity, this cost could prohibit our using their services in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is very user friendly for staff and has wonderful customer service through their chat feature.

We are solving trying to manage a large number of staff for multiple shifts in a day, where they can pick and choose which shifts they want to work. This has been beneficial, because we no longer have to spend hours on the phone scheduling those people.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Humanity review by Ian S.
Ian S.

"A solid app that does everything but work my hours for me!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can see all of my upcoming shifts, shifts that are available pick up, and who is working on my calls with me. I'm equally pleased that I can access this information on my cellphone or laptop.

What do you dislike?

I have both the older and current apps on my phone. I prefer the older app when it comes to checking my upcoming shifts, as it shows all of the in succession, not just the most recent ones as the new app does. I seem to have better luck signing in for my shifts on the current app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! One of my other jobs considered using it, but then changed their minds. I think they felt all of the emails the system can send could be overwhelming to some employees.

I have three part-time jobs, but only one of them is on humanity. Putting together my schedules can be a challenge, but I like how Humanity allows me to post shifts I need to give away on occasion, due to time conflicts. This saves me a lot of time when creating my schedules, and gives me the information at my fingertips, rather than having to write everything in a notebook.

Humanity review by Ali V.
Ali V.

"Decent software that can save you a lot of time"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows you to schedule and update shifts with ease without making you to go back and forth with your staff and constantly e-mailing/messaging them. Your staff can easily view which shifts are available weeks in advance and mark their unavailabilities on Humanity and Humanity will marks those shifts as blocked and unavailable. This makes scheduling and staffing far easier than when using a spreadsheet like MS Excel, Numbers, Google Spreadsheets. I also like and use the message wall a lot. I use it to send mass messages to my staff. Also, the user interface is simple and clean with appealing and customizable colors. The staff profiles are also tidy and clean without superfluous fields. Here at my department we also love the fact that Humanity has a payroll estimation tool. We have just started using this feature at my department and it has been saving A LOT of time from our payroll staff! I have to say that while adding or deleting shifts is very straightforward, at times it can be a bit buggy; but, the customer support is amazing and they get back to you and fix the problem immediately. I also like the customizable views and filters; they make it easy to gain quick information at a glance--either by month, week,, or day. And the general features--like shift trades, clocking in & out, grabbing open shifts, setting recurring schedules, etc.--are far more robust and easier to use than the shiftplanning software we used at my department four years ago. Switching to Humanity was a smart business decision that saved us a lot of time and headache!

What do you dislike?

First, the notification system. The current system is not very useful for my staff really. If Humanity could send notifications when a new shift became available, or at least send a text message instead of an e-mail, it would be much more useful to my team. My staff receive a ton of e-mails in every given day and the Humanity notification e-mails just get buried under all the other e-mails they receive. As a result, my staff have to log into Humanity and check the available shifts daily to find any new available shifts.

Second, as my team has grown over the past two years, I am very much in need of a forecasting feature to compare staffing the expected volume (call center environment). I started adding part-time team members who only worked one to two hours at a time or on completely varying schedules. And executing this week over week was totally manual. And when Humanity released a new feature that answered half of this equation, it only visually showed how many were on hour by hour.

Third, not having the option for accrued time offs! It is very tedious to remove staff from future schedules when someone leaves the department. I wish there was the ability to add staff to a set "shift pattern."

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a GREAT product! I would recommend this to anyone who is short on time for scheduling. Without text message and email communication and by just posting open shifts the schedule almost gets written by its self!

Staffing and payroll.

The greatest benefit has been saving time--A LOT of time! Also, Humanity is not confusing. The previous software that we used at our department was extremely confusing. At one point, my staff asked if we could use Google Spreadsheets instead of that software!

Humanity review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"An enjoyable experience, though some features lacking. "

What do you like best?

Open shifts feature, rotation scheduling, shift trades, Employee view layout, Position view layout, leave planning.

What do you dislike?

Cannot extend rotations (ex: for another month)

Cannot remove rotation from a shift after applied, only way to remove it is to copy the shift and then one of the two shifts (the original or the copied) will have no rotation applied on it

Cannot copy or move a shift across both days and employees (employee view) or days and positions (position view)

Cannot have positions with multiple skills required and have employees have multiple skills required that would match up so that employees would see shifts that match their skills, but instead each employee needs to be manually added to each position.

Cannot add a 24 hour shift rate on the payroll side, only hourly

Cannot view Currently scheduled employees in Employee view, have to scroll around so much that you may as well use position view making it more difficult to fill a shift when needed.

Cannot add a 24 hour shift rate on the payroll side, only hourly

Humanity review by Christopher A.
Christopher A.

"Humanity review"

What do you like best?

It's simple and convenient. Doesn't require much to get started, and begin using it. This allows users to get it up and running without much headache and need to go through everything. The support is every easy to use, whenever I have needed help they have been pretty quick to offer assistance and or guide me to the right answer. They at times have also just did my request for me since it might have been to complicated or not as easy to just type out the instructions without them physically being next to me to guide me. I really appreciate their efforts.

What do you dislike?

The articles could be more helpful and the layouts to get to places are not user-friendly. There could be improvements there. This would lend to having users actually willing to look around or know where more things are located in their dashboard or page. They could also be clearer on what certain reports mean or give some hints on what each can do or info it provides as I don't know what most of the reports do or understand on how it can help me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to start with, and as you get more comfortable, you can dive deeper and use more functions.

Billing hours for independent contractors. It helps not have to use the system current employees are using, but to have something easy for remote contractors. It keeps them separate and easier to manage without much overheard for our independent contractors.

Humanity review by Derek M.
Derek M.

"Useful and Effective"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use software on a computer or device on the go. I like having the ability to share files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the flexibility of copying a shift. The recurring feature is nice, but more flexibility would be nice. If the shift doesn't happen on the same day in future weeks, it is difficult to put in a large number of these shifts at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great and powerful software that can help you keep track of scheduling and payroll.

Sharing files with employees instead of Dropbox. They already have this software to clock in and out so it just makes sense. It would be a great feature to be able to attach a link to a file to a shift instead of the employee having to go to the files section. We use this software to schedule employees who are working in a sound and lighting capacity for events on a college campus.

Humanity review by Vilina A.
Vilina A.

"All the features I need can be found in Humanity."

What do you like best?

I have been using Humanity for several years. Over the years, Humanity has made work a bit easier and simpler knowing everything I needed is just a click away. As an employee who was assigned to shifts in my earlier years with the company, using the app to keep track of shifts and timesheets was so convenient. All the features I needed as an employee is here on the Humanity app.

Now as one of the Administrator/team scheduler, this app makes assigning employees to shifts a breeze. If I needed to make any changes for the upcoming session, it can be done with just a few quick clicks and everything is adjusted. I also like that the employees are notified immediately. Our employees are more punctuality and are always up to date with their shifts. I truly do love using Humanity's app and I highly recommend it. I am not sure there is a rival to Humanity in my books. It is truly and excellent app.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would say may need to be improved upon is the load time. I say the load time as it does take maybe a second or two to load and I am always in a hurry to make changes on short deadlines, other than that this is a perfect product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think twice. It is literally the best product that I have had the pleasure of using over the past 5 plus years. I would not switch if I was given another choice.

The biggest improvement is assigning employees to shifts, getting them the notification they need on time and keeping them punctual at all times

Humanity review by Sean  M.
Sean M.

"The Humanity Experience! "

What do you like best?

Humanity is so good! It gives you so many options for how you can view schedules, and it's very easy to create schedules. I also really like how you can customize people's abilities to view certain options, and you can customize your notifications. I like that I have my own picture too! The birthday option is great too cause I really like to know when my team members birthdays are. Like facebook, Humanity reminds me a few days before, and the day of so I don't forget! I also really like how I can do clock in only shifts, as well as make clock-in/clock-out time sheets. So many options! I really like the wall option. We can post messages for our team members, and they can also post comments! Comments are good, cause if there is something that's not clear, their answer can help bring clarity to other team members as well. Customization, honestly, is my favourite part of humanity. Been using it for about 4 years now!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app isn't as good as the desktop. I wish I could see my payroll. I also can't move schedules around. There have been times where I've contacted my manager, and they've not been able to assist me because they were not near a computer. It'd be nice if they were able to do all systems on the mobile as well as the desktop.

I mean, everyone needs scheduling, so that solves their problems!

Humanity review by Dan H.
Dan H.

"HRIS Functions Made Easy"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the program is the ability to prescribe training in basic formats to your staff. You can tack completion of assigned training modules as you assign them to track professional development and ongoing training efforts.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the schedule wizard can feel clunky to use when you are building schedules out months at a time. Unless you take a very specific approach to programming recurring shifts, you may wind up manually inputting changes across multiple weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into the features that exist outside of manpower scheduling. The true difference in this program versus others are the ancillary functions associated with it like training module creation.

Leave request conflicts have been very easy to address with Humanity. Being able to display for employees who has requested and receive granted leave assists in unnecessary duplication of requests for a given day. Employee B will know in advance the likelihood of receiving time off when they can see that Employee A is already on permitted leave. This has led to realizing the benefit of not needing to manage emotional reaction to denied requests off through transparency.

Humanity review by Kayla P.
Kayla P.

"Thorough Staffing Tool"

What do you like best?

The training modules are a wonderful addition to the usability of humanity - I like being able to update the training as well, and re-notify staff.

I also like that our time tracking, scheduling, time off, and digital training is all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I'd love to see added is a shift acknowledgement feature - where I can see if a staff member had viewed/acknowledged their published shifts.

I also would love to have a better mobile app - especially one designed for tablet use. Currently, when I work out of the office, I use a tablet computer but can't use the mobile app on that device. I also have trouble with the mobile website not having all the functionality I need, so it makes it difficult to use the tool outside of the office (which is important to my job).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what tools you will actually use and what priorities you have - we love the training features, but that may not work best for others.

We have been able to streamline a lot of our onboarding/training processes with the digital training and being able to assign different modules to different staff types is so helpful.

This is a great way to track who has not yet completed required training and gives us digital documentation of anything completed - which is a wonderful benefit to not have to keep everything in paper files (where things always get lost/misplaced). I really appreciate having the digital versions of everything we use in a daily tool for our staff.

Humanity review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Humanity is an incredible time saving HR support system. "

What do you like best?

This system is cloud based so my staff and I can access the information anywhere there is a computer, wifi or cell signal. No more paper schedules, no more mixing up last week and this week's information. Easy to access, easy to update, easy to see.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could use the system for volunteer scheduling too. But we have 400+ volunteers a year so the cost is prohibitive for our small museum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a super efficient program with outstanding customer service, this is the system you want to buy, there are others out there but Humanity has better features, is easier to use and offers more for the money. The biggest thing is 24-7 customer service. We do a lot of after hours and weekend events, having tech support and solutions available has been invaluable.

Scheduling and payroll are the two biggest challenges that Humanity helps us solve. The benefit is that my staff can easily arrange for their own days off, their own subs to cover shifts they cannot work, etc. This adaptability is a benefit that we can offer even though we have a really tiny budget. The payroll reports and exports are a giant time saver for us! Clear, simple to use, and transparent for our auditors!

Humanity review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Makes employee scheduling a snap!"

What do you like best?

Shift planning, shift reminders, timesheet management, timesheet reporting

What do you dislike?

Sometimes moving a shift around can be cumbersome. For example, it might be difficult to "land" a shift at 12pm when moving it. It might land on 11:45am or 12:15pm and need to be re-adjusted.

I run a ticket office for a small non-profit arts organization, and the challenge is always making sure that I have the right number of people scheduled at the right times. Before I started using Humanity, I was using excel, which would often take hours of tedious work. With Humanity, I can quickly and easily create my work schedule with just a few minutes of focused work. I love being able to color-code the types of shifts I'm using, and I love that my employees are automatically informed of new shifts that are added, can acknowledge those shifts, and receive shift reminders to cut down on lateness and missed shifts. Humanity is just what we needed!

Humanity review by Adam Z.
Adam Z.

"A workforce scheduling tool with a few extras"

What do you like best?

I’ve been a ShiftPlanning user for several years because it has all of the core features I need at a good price. Even though I am an Office 365 user with access to StaffHub, the SMS/Email notification, budgeting and reporting features of ShiftPlanning justified the extra cost. On top of that, the Training feature fits a perfect niche for those who don’t need the full features and expense of an LMS, but would still like to quickly create and assign custom training to their associates.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I would like to see more permission options to define what a role has access to do. For example, the ability to create and assign Training topics requires a Supervisor or above permission which also allows access to view employees Payroll details. In larger organizations, the person creating/assigning training doesn’t have supervisory responsibilities over the employees, so they shouldn’t be able to their pay information. I’ve submitted a couple requests to fix this, but still waiting for this to happen.

Using the visualization options in ShiftPlanning, my team is able to build more efficient schedules across multiple teams who share certain responsibilities that require 24x7 coverage. The SMS notification, mobile app, and Messaging functions mean my managers are able to communicate all scheduling matters directly to their employees’ phones, and the employees are able to view schedules, clock in/out, and respond back using just the app. For managing a tight labor budget, the budgeting/payroll features mean I can forecast the total spend based on the hours scheduled, including overtime.

Humanity review by Geneviève B.
Geneviève B.

"Good app but horrible client service"

What do you like best?

From a IT standpoint, Humanity is good scheduling app. It has a few issues from time to time, for overall satisfied with the application.

What do you dislike?

However, their service client is horrible. We have been with Humanity over 5 years now. And we so unsatisfied with the service that we looking at our options. They literally take you for granted as a customer and never get back to you. You have to run after them constantly and hope to get an answer. When they promise to get back to you, they don’t or tell you they sent you an email, which you of course never received.

For example, we had a new request regarding a service that they advised on their app (payroll integration). When we went forward with the change, they never got back to us. After multiple follow-ups on our end, they tell us our request is ‘’not a priority for them’’ - for a service THEY advertise. When we complained, they told us they would be getting back to us the following week. That was Nov 2018. We are Jan 2019, and I have let you receive a proper follow-up even after my multiple attempts.

The app is not worth the service. I would recommend another one.

Helps retail scheduling.

Humanity review by Ismar  G.
Ismar G.

"Humanity "

What do you like best?

The strongest features of ShiftPlanning are the many methods for communicating when a worker is to work (general scheduling), when policy changes or other changes at work need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees (dashboard notifications), and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals (ping). All of this communication can be managed in ShiftPlanning. Workers can set up their cell phones to receive important notifications. Administrators can control which methods are mandatory and which communication methods are not. A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request. Otherwise, student workers can request off via a trade shift or drop-shift option, if short notice is provided. All trades can be set to approval first by manager. It is super easy to setup different worker types by area, or by responsibilities. Thus, if you are budgeting out hours between different areas (positions) then you can easily view the subtotal for each while scheduling who should work when. It also gives you a clear distinction in schedule mode as to who can actually work during the designated times you are generating

What do you dislike?

The only concern that we have is with tweaking the trade shift and trade drop feature. Workers who are shown as available for the entire shift don't have the option to select parts of a shift that they are actually available for. Important meetings or events outside of work cannot always be accounted for using the availability feature. The only way this can be done is to not use a static schedule and go to making a policy for weekly updates. Then making it the student worker¿s responsibility to maintain their own work availability. In our case, we want to stay with a static scheduling system to help reduce the sense of a changing hectic work schedule for our student workers. Thus, students will benefit by having the ability to select from a portion of a shift trade rather than having only the option to pick up all or none of the shift being made available.

Love that i can clock in in different location with Humanity.

Humanity review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"New User"

What do you like best?

i like that we can now requets off and see everyone elses schedules. i just started using it and it is alot better than what i was using before. It is more organized and give more accountability to employees to take care of their schedule and not depend on the managers to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that i dont like is the formatting of the schedule. I would like if it it could all print on one page. i work for a company with 5 different locations and about 60 employees so we all like to see and print the whole schedule for the month

so far we have not had any problems. this is our first month using it. The benefits i have realized is that it takes a lot away alot of man hours from physically making a schedule every month like we used it. It would take hours to put together, make sure that we didnt schedule someone on their day off or a day they requested off. It helps that there is an option for employees to pick up shifts so that we are not tecting and emailing back and forth to find coverage.

Humanity review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Humanity is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Coming from using basically no scheduling software, I love how organized and easy this is.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the calendar on the left hand side, and the leave calendar , aren’t visually “intuitive” and it gets confusing on which month it is on. Also when I change the start times times of shifts, the end time automatically changes when I don’t want it to and I have to go back and fix it.

Requests off and shifts are now set on the system and we can make no mistakes like we have in the past. we used to do vacation requests just by verbal or email and sometimes things would fall between the cracks and issues would occur.

Humanity review by Administrator

"Scheduling Management Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows us to quickly and easily manage over 100 employees. Mobile Alerts and clock-in to quick access to schedules allows our staff to focus more on their tasks and not making sure they are in the right place at the right time. Tracking skills/certifications for the variety of different positions we have at our conference center makes life so much easier. Gone is the excel spreadsheet of schedules and now quick, easy, and powerful management.

What do you dislike?

We are working with them on customizing reports for our timeclock. The framework is there, just looking at getting more filter options for tracking vacation management.

We have such a large staff that are part time and not always on site or have a business email. Humanity allows us to up our communication game with general announcements or specific messages to staff or departments. On the fly changes are no longer missed, but quickly delivered.

Humanity review by Kara L.
Kara L.

"Experience with Humanity"

What do you like best?

Humanity is extremely multifaceted-- employees can set availability, view future schedules, communicate with managers and coworkers, request time off, and pick up extra shifts if marked as available.

What do you dislike?

There is no features of Humanity that I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Humanity because of the ease of use and the communication that it allowed between managers and employees, as well as the employees themselves. Regular reminders of upcoming shifts and update to employee schedules are also sent out, which is another reason why Humanity is a great option for a scheduling application.

Humanity allows managers to easily view employees' availabilities all through one application, making scheduling extremely easy. Employees are also able to communicate with one another, which makes it easy and convenient to find shift coverage.

Humanity review by Heidi  H.
Heidi H.

"I have mixed opinions."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see everyone's schedules in one view clearly. I can get as little as one location or as many as all locations in one place. I like the color coding as well as it makes it easier to determine who works where or at what position.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to figure out without training. I would rather have had a more in-depth training prior to my first use so that I could understand all that the program has to offer. I would prefer that the training be easier to find. Also, sometimes we end up with a duplicate schedule posted because the staff using the software do not clearly understand how to use the copy feature. This can be very confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train your staff well from the start so as to avoid frustration and confusion. I would explain to all staff the way to show availability and the importance of being accurate with that availability. I would encourage companies to only choose one software for all needs such as time keeping (payroll), scheduling, and communication regarding such as it can be confusing to have to clock in and out in one program and use another program with that ability to see work schedules and open shifts.

We allow staff to see each other's schedules so that when they need to call-in or want time off it is easier for them to find their replacements. This way managers do not have the full burden of finding coverage.

Humanity review by Amy G.
Amy G.

"Workers and staff love using this up to date technology!"

What do you like best?

Workers REALLY like the App. Everyone is into apps and it's such easy access because it's available right on our phones.

What do you dislike?

management can't see shift requests on the App and can't accept shift requests on the app.

Availability is too complicated. don't like "future availability" - you have to click way too may times. wish there was a month to month calendar, with options to repeat availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great online support and help chat

text reminders so people are aware of their shifts and on time.

being able to get a quick message out via email or text to a large group of workers.

Keeping track of when people are available and not available.

Humanity review by Johanna H.
Johanna H.

"It's nice that I can log in from anywhere to check my schedule andsend messages."

What do you like best?

I like that I can send messages to any of my coworkers and to my boss. I can even select multiple users to send a message to.

I can check my schedule and set my availability.

I can check my time sheet for current or previous entries.

I can and add PTO.

I can clock in and out and record my breaks.

I get notifications if there are changes to my schedule or I have a new message.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful in reducing the need for time cards and time clocks, extra work emails, finding out employee availability, and printed schedules.

No need for a time clock and time cards

Don't need to use emails for communicating with boss or co-workers

Everything is right there with just one log in

Humanity review by Administrator

"Top of the line expertise, response time and accessibility "

What do you like best?

The service and response from Humanity when I need help or cannot find something has exceeded my expectations. The ability to request additional reports and other items is also something I find helpful and also makes me recommend this application to others.

What do you dislike?

Some changes or adjustments take more effort than what I would expect, but this could also be that I do not know the shortcut or another way of making the change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for help when you need it, I have not come across a situation that they were unable to fix or assist me with.

We are providing work-life balance to providers taking care of patients via phone and allowing them the opportunity to sign up when it works bet for them. There are so many varying options to schedule providers and how they will be scheduled/request time off that it makes my job easier.

Humanity review by Rashell T.
Rashell T.

"Efficient System"

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly for Admins and Staff and makes our processes more efficient.

What do you dislike?

The Training system needs improvements. Would also like to add some time tracking/payroll functions that work together and should be in the same system (i.e., Points Tracking system for Tardies and Absences, and an easier way to add PTO days that we need to pay).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great scheduling and time tracking system. Very user friendly.

Having the scheduling and time tracking systems together is key to our operations and that is why we switched to Humanity. We would like the payroll process to be a little more streamlined, but it is working.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that this is very easy to use and navigate. It allows us a users to input our data and update as frequently as we need to. It also allows us to visually see when pay periods start and end so we can know how many shifts we have during a pay period.

What do you dislike?

Some of the navigational buttons at the top don't seem to lead us to where we thought they should go. I feel as thought shift planning should either show you the other workers are working the same shift as you (instead of having to actually click on the shift and THEN find a person who works the same shift) OR it should incorporate the "Leave" button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Click on each of the links to ensure you know where everything is located

This allows us to visually see when we are working so there is no question. However, I do believe our company is using a "chat room type" service to "trade shifts".

Humanity review by Ariane D.
Ariane D.

"Kinda good"

What do you like best?

it's pretty easy and simple to use. Everything is at the same place so it's pretty nice. You can see who's working, who's late, change work shift, see your future work shifts and more.

What do you dislike?

When you clock in or clock out with Humanity, the system does localisation of your location. If you are just a few meters next to the main point, it's hard to clock in/out. Also, when you wanna send a request to change your work shift with someone else, there are too many steps to get there.

It's easier for us to use this system to request our change work shifts. We don't have to ask all of our coworkers. The shifts are available to be taken by anyone on the app and it's pretty simple. Our supervisors just have to confirm the request and HOP, nothing else to do.

"H U M A N I T Y "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Payroll is a little difficult on there because it cannot connect with our payroll software. Other than that, it's great! -There is only one type of availability for an employee, so if you're wanting to provide preference on what to schedule around (for us: class vs. study session vs. 2nd job) makes it a lot harder to schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is the best!

We used to keep manual time sheets. It was too easy for employees to enter time incorrectly and it was a pain to manually add up time and verify shifts for every pay period. Scheduling was difficult as it was done manually as well. With Humanity, we save so much time prepping for payroll and scheduling.

Humanity review by Alan W.
Alan W.

"Aquatic Facility (Four years)"

What do you like best?

Humanity has been very great to work with. Very easy software to learn as well as schedule a large group of people.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is a very great program to work with. It accommodates to the needs of our company. If there is a problem, we have been able to contact humanity and they have sent out an update. Very great company!

Payroll was quite a nightmare until we decided to go electronic. The benefits have been that everyone can clock in and record their time electronically instead of on paper. It is saved us countless hours manually checking everyone's time and recor payroll was quite a nightmare until we decided to go electronic. The benefits have been that everyone can clock in and record their time electronically instead of on paper. It is saved us countless hours manually checking everyone's time and uploading that from paper.

Humanity review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"From Excel to Humanity"

What do you like best?

We like that our student team members have the ability to trade their shift online and managers can approve from wherever they are. We like that there is the ability to make shift recurring and repeating for the entire semester. I also like the ability to see who's on now just by looking at the dashboard and not have to dive into the actual schedule.

What do you dislike?

There are a few improvements that could be made to make Humanity an even better scheduling software:

-The Scheduling Wizard is not their greatest feature as it is not 100% accurate.

-I wish the software would ALWAYS cross reference availability, instead of the availability at the time the shift was created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The end-user and Admin interface is very user friendly and easy for all-ages to use.

Out student team members can get notifications 24 hours and 60 minutes to the start of their shift via text message on their phone. This has decreased the number of complaints that they didn't know they were scheduled for a shift.

Humanity review by Allison C.
Allison C.

"Time and Money Saving Product"

What do you like best?

Humanity is easy to use and very intuitive. Mobile access gives our organization the freedom to deal with scheduling emergencies with ease. The ability for management to see who has and has not looked at the schedule lets us know when we need to contact employees directly. We really like location tracking as well, it helps keep honest people honest when they clock in and out. Most of all, the time we save with Humanity versus manual time keeping/scheduling gives us the opportunity to spend more time working with our residents.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create more specific permission sets for various levels of user. I do not want my scheduler to be able to manipulate time clock times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot beat Humanity. It is intuitive, easy to use and allows great oversight. Tech support is always on point and I have never had a support issue not resolved in a timely manner with professionalism and courtesy.

Accurate time keeping has stopped us from overpaying employees for inaccurately entered time. Mobile access makes it easy for our employees to view their schedules, clock in and out and more. Location tracking also lets us know when an employee clocks out from a different location so we can ensure we aren't overpaying for time not at work. The money we save with Humanity exceeds what we spend on it per month. As a nonprofit organization, cost and time saving are big concerns. Humanity has increased our productivity and saved us quite a bit of money. In fact, we save more per month than what Humanity costs us.

Humanity review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Humanity - A Good Start with Some Important Changes to be Made"

What do you like best?

I love the repeating feature for shifts. It allows me to set a shift schedule for several months out - that way all I need to do is review and revise, rather than start from scratch.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there are no keyboard shortcuts that would seem intuitive to use. There is no cut and paste feature, where you could cut a shift and paste onto a different place.

If I'm using Humanity on one half of my screen, and my company schedule on the other, if I ever delete a shift, the floating pop-up prevents me from accessing.

I wish there were an easier way to identify which shifts have been repeated, without going on to the edit-shift screen.

We have been able to reduce overhead by using Humanity. It's much easier for us now to coordinate everyone's schedules so that their is enough staff each day, depending on the patient load.

Humanity review by Courtenay W.
Courtenay W.

"Meets minimum requirements, has features we don't use"

What do you like best?

Time clock keeps track of breaks and work time, has overtime calculations for payroll and is generally sufficient for our needs. Schedule visual view and editing is fairly straight forward and intuitive when used for it's basic functionality.

It has a mobile app, which is great for clocking in and out, but requires internet to even launch, so as long as I'm connected, that's ok.

I really appreciate the ability to see the shifts in a time line to view how well we've established 24/7 coverage for our support teams.

What do you dislike?

Auto filling of shifts has no true algorithm, which means we cannot use it. Stat holidays and tracking day off requests isn't as smooth as we would like, given our employees are all over the world (variety of timezones).

We were promised g-suite integration, which is not available at all.

The support team has tried to help us with the holidays for international employees several times, and they often don't seem like they have updated information on our previous conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do not have the robust timezone support that we were sold on originally, but no one else really does either.

It's way better than trying to manage a google calendar for our 25+ employees! It does give a standardized way for shift trades and leave requests to be submitted by employees, which is becoming more important as we grow.

Humanity review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Humanity has been an indispensable asset to managing our staff!"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user-friendly and intuitive. I'm still learning more and more about the software that allows us to operate more efficiently and get everyone the time on and off the clock they need. We recently implemented the Leave feature, and it's literally decluttered my workspace as a result. Being able to receive notifications on my phone and in email has been a big help so that I'm aware of what's going on at all times - even when I'm away from the office.

What do you dislike?

My only "complaint" is that sometimes I get caught in a bit of a loop when scheduling. I'll see duplicate shifts entered for a given employee or lose certain set filters. I'm not sure if this is user error, or a known issue, but it's easily remedied by refreshing the page. Other than that, a copy/paste feature would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform to manage your employee's schedules, look no further! Incredibly easy, cross-platform tool that saves so much time.

As our business has grown, we've had more and more need for streamlining some of our processes. Moving from pen and paper to Humanity has been a godsend, and takes a lot of time off of my plate when scheduling. More time to spend on other things means more whiskey being sold! The platform is also empowering to our team so that they are able to initiate things themselves without having to speak to a manager face to face.

Humanity review by Chantel L.
Chantel L.

"Review of Humanity (ShiftPlanning)"

What do you like best?

I like the new clean dashboard and icons. I also like the features available. It's just hard to find them. The features are not categorized effectively.

What do you dislike?

The group separation and permissions are not the best and the explanation of each is not clear. For example : a scheduler, a supervisor, a manager, and an admin. A manager can go in and delete all shifts in the system. There's way too much access. I have everyone who approves schedules, regardless of title, listed as a supervisor to limit. The UI could use a little but more organization once you get passed the dashboard.

Support is spotty and you may not receive help within a good time frame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend Humanity as is. Needs a bit of organizational improvements.

Keeping schedules in one location. Would like to utilize shiftplanning more to send messages to the teams and to track actual attendance and not just the schedules.

Humanity review by Allison G.
Allison G.

"Saving Invaluable Time"

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface, quick processing/calculations, affordable rate for not-for-profits. I'm admittedly only using a small portion of the software's capabilities but it's great for what I need it for!

What do you dislike?

Humanity's meal break rules don't coincide with ours so I had to get a little creative with how they're entered, as another position, then I deduct it myself from the total hours worked... It's an extra step but it's still much easier than setting up my own spreadsheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth taking the time to investigate all of the services Humanity has to offer to see if it will be beneficial for your business. We are only using a small percentage of its services because other systems, such as payroll, had already been established for such a long time and they were already working efficiently. We are a small team, with four full-time staff members in our department and up to 20 part-time hourly employees who are called in as-needed for anywhere from 2 hours to 12, depending on the show. Many Humanity's services are not needed, but the time-tracking software (formerly ShiftPlanning), has saved me countless hours trying to calculate hours worked for my crew. I can't imagine trying to reformat a spreadsheet for every show - we have over 200 in a year!

I solve scheduling conflicts *much* faster now and it's *much* easier to avoid over-time.

Humanity review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"Efficient Scheduler "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the app designed does not skip a beat with what it features. It makes writing a schedule and keeping your staff satisfied easy since they can reach it on their phone at any time. I also enjoy the notes feature on each shift where I can list what to wear/address details.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to set shifts in a drop down when I start typing one in. I know I can set recurring shifts but I would like to see a drop down option. I would also like to be able to put in the meal/break without having to break up into multiple shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program with support always available for a quick chat if needed!

My staff is able to request their time and availability and without delay I am able to keep record of those requests. I have been able to keep the staff happy with consistency that can sometimes be missed with human error.

Humanity review by Cody A.
Cody A.

"Timeclocking made easy!"

What do you like best?

I love the time clocking and schedule feature. My employees, regarding of location, can simply grab their phone to clock in and out. To make the schedules every week, I just drag and drop blocks, it takes 20 minutes! I also love that I can white-brand everything with my own company logo, it makes us look extremely professional!

What do you dislike?

I do not like the vacation and time off module. I would love an option to just click and say "ok this employee is off on this day".. the availability module is also extremely glichty. We need more flexibility with the shiftplanning system, We need to be able to click on someones visual view and instead of inserting a shift, instert time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use the modules you need, no need to use everything if you dont need it.

We are solving our scheduling, payroll, timeclocking and training problems with Humanity! The reports generator is awesome because I can generate employee-specif reports to review performance.

Humanity review by User

"Humanity is amazing its the best thing ive ever used. "

What do you like best?

The strongest methods of shift planning are the many ways for communicating when a worker is to work, when policy changes or other changes at work that need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals. All of this communicate can be managed in shift planning. workers can set up their cellphone for notifications.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i really don't like about humanity. Everything about humanity is perfect and would recommend this product to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The business problems im solving is none, A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request.

Humanity review by Deborah D.
Deborah D.

"Hands down the best scheduling tool!"

What do you like best?

Humanity has so many ways to schedule staff and make shifts available for them to pick up. We run a 24/7 operation and need staff around the clock. With all the available filters it's easy to visualize who is on shift, who's off, and who is available in case we need to call in reinforcements. Things are generally pretty intuitive and well-placed so that even non-Millenials should only have a short learning curve!

Employee permission levels are easy to tweak individually, so everyone is only seeing what's appropriate.

And that's only scratching the surface - our branch doesn't use the Payroll capabilities, Time Clock, or Training modules (although we've experimented with this and it's awesome so far), but only because our wider organization has its own tools for that. Even so, especially for round-the-clock workplaces, this is a seriously invaluable tool for scheduling.

What do you dislike?

The app is built with the Employee in mind - not the Manager. You can't do a lot of back-end organizing on there.

Some of the settings can initially be harder to find.

I would also like to see easier-to-access tutorials and webinars for beginners. As the Administrator it often falls on me to direct newer staff to resources which can help them, because they tend to be a little harder to find, on a separate website.

People know when their shifts are, and they can check it from home or their phone.

Our on-call staffers can pick up shifts themselves, without us always having to do call outs. It puts a lot of the power back in their hands.

On-call staff have easy options and clear expectations for telling us when they're able to come in and when they are not. It has made communication so much easier.

"Humanity is the best!"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend Humanity

Humanity review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Why Humanity Works"

What do you like best?

I like 2 things best. The mobile access to see who is on duty and the ability to manage ALL types of absences for record and analysis purposes

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the calendar year is not configurable. My company's calendar year is not Jan to Dec. I do not like the inflexibility to customize the dashboard to user specifications

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to setup. It does the work in easy, clear steps and the support is commendable. The support executives have a good understanding of the product which makes the overall experience pleasant.

I am solving out staff scheduling process. To see who is scheduled to work, who is on right now. Who has been continously absent and when we do not have enough people for the day.

Humanity review by Derek A.
Derek A.

"Great UI and User experience"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in moving shifts for my agents and linking in Google Sheets to populate the requests we need, the software has so far provided a good amount of tools we use to run the business.

What do you dislike?

The software seems to lag when pulling a large number of agents in the schedule overview mode, but that just might be a limitation due to the number of agents being pulled.

Using it to control time off, sick days, and with more testing all delegations for the entire support team

Humanity review by Jacobson M.
Jacobson M.

"Humanity helps manage people!"

What do you like best?

Humanity makes it easy to plan shifts, and in a manger's setting, keep track of those shifts. The software is an excellent addition to our stack and provides an exception workplace for all our shifted workers.

What do you dislike?

Humanity has a bit if a learning curve, and is a bit outdated, but nonetheless once proficient, gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is an excellent shift planner and is easy to use once learned.

Humanity helps me keep track of who is on, off, or scheduled for their shift and with who. This helps me be more efficient with my planning.

"The best thing ever"

What do you dislike?

Humanity review by Sindy H.
Sindy H.

"Very practical to keep an eye on who's in, late, available of off."

What do you like best?

Managing staff is so much easier with this app! You see in a glimpse who works now, who's late, who is available to take over a shift when someome calls in sick, you have access to all phone numbers directly in it too.

What do you dislike?

I haven'texperience anything I don't like about it yet.

Much easier to keep an eye on who's in, who's late..it's quick to rwplace a shift when all the conact info is in the same app. You can do shift changes as the day progresses.

Humanity review by Erin D.
Erin D.

"Easy to use, checks all the boxes"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows me to keep all of my team scheduling in one place and easily manage time off. It's very intuitive and does exactly what I need it to do. Employees have no trouble navigating, viewing schedules, requesting time off, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I do wish scheduled breaks would show on the schedule instead of having to open an individual shift to see it.

We used to keep schedules in Excel sheets--Humanity allows us to have a platform everyone can see and use at once.

Humanity review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"Excellent scheduler and training tool, what sets it apart is its amazing interface!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. It is incredibly easy to use and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Very minor issues. Wish there was a text alert feature to send messages to staff cell phones rather than just internal messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface really makes a difference when compared to W2W and others.

We have begun using the training portion to utilize online training with our staff, cutting the need for long, boring meetings, and allowing them to test their knowledge to make sure they have reviewed the material.

Humanity review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"A system still finding it's way"

What do you like best?

What I love about Humanity is the ease of navigation through the system. The primary interface is nice, clean, and informative about your office staff, both who's present, who might be missing, and what's coming up.

I also really enjoy using the ShiftPlanning module, as it is a simple, clean way or working that's easily replicated out to other weeks of your semester.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Humanity is really what's still in process. Since Humanity and ShiftPlanning merged, they've undergone a lot of changes, which in my opinion, can't keep happening fast enough. The LMS (Training) module is still really buggy, and a lot of the little quirks of the system seem to perplex the support team. The other major issue I have with Humanity is a lack of clear development plan. I've been waiting for a while for them to improve their feature request system, to be better about communication, etc. and it's not happening. In fact, my office has had so many weird little issues with the training module (it's just advanced enough to meet our needs, but buggy, unlike most other LMSs), that we've abandoned the built in training module for another free LMS that allows us greater flexibility and compliance. There's also a timecard system built in, but there's no ability for us to associate account numbers so that our reports can just be handed straight to our payroll office. Since there's no reliable way to request the feature improvement, and no indication of any future plans, we just turned the time tracking off. We're really only using it now for making a schedule (which does beg the question - is it worth it?).

There's also no ability on employee schedules to create different types of leave or standing appointments (like lunch breaks).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider carefully what your core needs are and if this service meets your needs.

Our office is one that employs a LOT of part-time workers (we're a college IT Office). Unfortunately, almost all of these systems are designed around retail worker experience, and don't really apply to us. There are several things that we've hijacked to make things better. Our main business problem we solve with Humanity is scheduling over 40 people.

Humanity review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Scheduling & Time Clock"

What do you like best?

I love the staff scheduling wizard and flexibility for my staff. They are able to trade shifts, block out their class schedules and request vacation time making my job in scheduling them so much easier. The reports that are able to be pulled for when they clock in and clock out are ourstanding and give us a great idea of how much we are spending in labor dollars because I put their pay rate on their account.

What do you dislike?

I wish the report for finding what times they are all available worked a bit easier and had better detail similar to how systems like Doodle work and look.

We have both scheduling and timeclock in one system which is AWESOME. I also love the apps as much as my students do. It helps keep them responsible for their shifts and it is always in the palm of our hands.

Learn more about Humanity

Humanity Videos

Learning about Humanity?

* We monitor all Humanity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(341 reviews)