Employee Scheduling Software, Time Clocking, HR & Payroll

Learning about Humanity?

Humanity Reviews

Ask Humanity a Question
Showing 284 Humanity reviews
Humanity review by Ismar  G.
Ismar G.

"Humanity "

What do you like best?

The strongest features of ShiftPlanning are the many methods for communicating when a worker is to work (general scheduling), when policy changes or other changes at work need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees (dashboard notifications), and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals (ping). All of this communication can be managed in ShiftPlanning. Workers can set up their cell phones to receive important notifications. Administrators can control which methods are mandatory and which communication methods are not. A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request. Otherwise, student workers can request off via a trade shift or drop-shift option, if short notice is provided. All trades can be set to approval first by manager. It is super easy to setup different worker types by area, or by responsibilities. Thus, if you are budgeting out hours between different areas (positions) then you can easily view the subtotal for each while scheduling who should work when. It also gives you a clear distinction in schedule mode as to who can actually work during the designated times you are generating

What do you dislike?

The only concern that we have is with tweaking the trade shift and trade drop feature. Workers who are shown as available for the entire shift don't have the option to select parts of a shift that they are actually available for. Important meetings or events outside of work cannot always be accounted for using the availability feature. The only way this can be done is to not use a static schedule and go to making a policy for weekly updates. Then making it the student workerÂżs responsibility to maintain their own work availability. In our case, we want to stay with a static scheduling system to help reduce the sense of a changing hectic work schedule for our student workers. Thus, students will benefit by having the ability to select from a portion of a shift trade rather than having only the option to pick up all or none of the shift being made available.

Love that i can clock in in different location with Humanity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Humanity
Humanity review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"New User"

What do you like best?

i like that we can now requets off and see everyone elses schedules. i just started using it and it is alot better than what i was using before. It is more organized and give more accountability to employees to take care of their schedule and not depend on the managers to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

the only thing that i dont like is the formatting of the schedule. I would like if it it could all print on one page. i work for a company with 5 different locations and about 60 employees so we all like to see and print the whole schedule for the month

so far we have not had any problems. this is our first month using it. The benefits i have realized is that it takes a lot away alot of man hours from physically making a schedule every month like we used it. It would take hours to put together, make sure that we didnt schedule someone on their day off or a day they requested off. It helps that there is an option for employees to pick up shifts so that we are not tecting and emailing back and forth to find coverage.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Humanity review by Administrator

"Scheduling Management Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows us to quickly and easily manage over 100 employees. Mobile Alerts and clock-in to quick access to schedules allows our staff to focus more on their tasks and not making sure they are in the right place at the right time. Tracking skills/certifications for the variety of different positions we have at our conference center makes life so much easier. Gone is the excel spreadsheet of schedules and now quick, easy, and powerful management.

What do you dislike?

We are working with them on customizing reports for our timeclock. The framework is there, just looking at getting more filter options for tracking vacation management.

We have such a large staff that are part time and not always on site or have a business email. Humanity allows us to up our communication game with general announcements or specific messages to staff or departments. On the fly changes are no longer missed, but quickly delivered.

Humanity review by Kara L.
Kara L.

"Experience with Humanity"

What do you like best?

Humanity is extremely multifaceted-- employees can set availability, view future schedules, communicate with managers and coworkers, request time off, and pick up extra shifts if marked as available.

What do you dislike?

There is no features of Humanity that I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Humanity because of the ease of use and the communication that it allowed between managers and employees, as well as the employees themselves. Regular reminders of upcoming shifts and update to employee schedules are also sent out, which is another reason why Humanity is a great option for a scheduling application.

Humanity allows managers to easily view employees' availabilities all through one application, making scheduling extremely easy. Employees are also able to communicate with one another, which makes it easy and convenient to find shift coverage.

Humanity review by Johanna H.
Johanna H.

"It's nice that I can log in from anywhere to check my schedule andsend messages."

What do you like best?

I like that I can send messages to any of my coworkers and to my boss. I can even select multiple users to send a message to.

I can check my schedule and set my availability.

I can check my time sheet for current or previous entries.

I can and add PTO.

I can clock in and out and record my breaks.

I get notifications if there are changes to my schedule or I have a new message.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful in reducing the need for time cards and time clocks, extra work emails, finding out employee availability, and printed schedules.

No need for a time clock and time cards

Don't need to use emails for communicating with boss or co-workers

Everything is right there with just one log in

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that this is very easy to use and navigate. It allows us a users to input our data and update as frequently as we need to. It also allows us to visually see when pay periods start and end so we can know how many shifts we have during a pay period.

What do you dislike?

Some of the navigational buttons at the top don't seem to lead us to where we thought they should go. I feel as thought shift planning should either show you the other workers are working the same shift as you (instead of having to actually click on the shift and THEN find a person who works the same shift) OR it should incorporate the "Leave" button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Click on each of the links to ensure you know where everything is located

This allows us to visually see when we are working so there is no question. However, I do believe our company is using a "chat room type" service to "trade shifts".

"H U M A N I T Y "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Payroll is a little difficult on there because it cannot connect with our payroll software. Other than that, it's great! -There is only one type of availability for an employee, so if you're wanting to provide preference on what to schedule around (for us: class vs. study session vs. 2nd job) makes it a lot harder to schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is the best!

We used to keep manual time sheets. It was too easy for employees to enter time incorrectly and it was a pain to manually add up time and verify shifts for every pay period. Scheduling was difficult as it was done manually as well. With Humanity, we save so much time prepping for payroll and scheduling.

Humanity review by Alan W.
Alan W.

"Aquatic Facility (Four years)"

What do you like best?

Humanity has been very great to work with. Very easy software to learn as well as schedule a large group of people.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is a very great program to work with. It accommodates to the needs of our company. If there is a problem, we have been able to contact humanity and they have sent out an update. Very great company!

Payroll was quite a nightmare until we decided to go electronic. The benefits have been that everyone can clock in and record their time electronically instead of on paper. It is saved us countless hours manually checking everyone's time and recor payroll was quite a nightmare until we decided to go electronic. The benefits have been that everyone can clock in and record their time electronically instead of on paper. It is saved us countless hours manually checking everyone's time and uploading that from paper.

Humanity review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"From Excel to Humanity"

What do you like best?

We like that our student team members have the ability to trade their shift online and managers can approve from wherever they are. We like that there is the ability to make shift recurring and repeating for the entire semester. I also like the ability to see who's on now just by looking at the dashboard and not have to dive into the actual schedule.

What do you dislike?

There are a few improvements that could be made to make Humanity an even better scheduling software:

-The Scheduling Wizard is not their greatest feature as it is not 100% accurate.

-I wish the software would ALWAYS cross reference availability, instead of the availability at the time the shift was created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The end-user and Admin interface is very user friendly and easy for all-ages to use.

Out student team members can get notifications 24 hours and 60 minutes to the start of their shift via text message on their phone. This has decreased the number of complaints that they didn't know they were scheduled for a shift.

Humanity review by Allison C.
Allison C.

"Time and Money Saving Product"

What do you like best?

Humanity is easy to use and very intuitive. Mobile access gives our organization the freedom to deal with scheduling emergencies with ease. The ability for management to see who has and has not looked at the schedule lets us know when we need to contact employees directly. We really like location tracking as well, it helps keep honest people honest when they clock in and out. Most of all, the time we save with Humanity versus manual time keeping/scheduling gives us the opportunity to spend more time working with our residents.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create more specific permission sets for various levels of user. I do not want my scheduler to be able to manipulate time clock times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot beat Humanity. It is intuitive, easy to use and allows great oversight. Tech support is always on point and I have never had a support issue not resolved in a timely manner with professionalism and courtesy.

Accurate time keeping has stopped us from overpaying employees for inaccurately entered time. Mobile access makes it easy for our employees to view their schedules, clock in and out and more. Location tracking also lets us know when an employee clocks out from a different location so we can ensure we aren't overpaying for time not at work. The money we save with Humanity exceeds what we spend on it per month. As a nonprofit organization, cost and time saving are big concerns. Humanity has increased our productivity and saved us quite a bit of money. In fact, we save more per month than what Humanity costs us.

Humanity review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Humanity - A Good Start with Some Important Changes to be Made"

What do you like best?

I love the repeating feature for shifts. It allows me to set a shift schedule for several months out - that way all I need to do is review and revise, rather than start from scratch.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there are no keyboard shortcuts that would seem intuitive to use. There is no cut and paste feature, where you could cut a shift and paste onto a different place.

If I'm using Humanity on one half of my screen, and my company schedule on the other, if I ever delete a shift, the floating pop-up prevents me from accessing.

I wish there were an easier way to identify which shifts have been repeated, without going on to the edit-shift screen.

We have been able to reduce overhead by using Humanity. It's much easier for us now to coordinate everyone's schedules so that their is enough staff each day, depending on the patient load.

Humanity review by Courtenay W.
Courtenay W.

"Meets minimum requirements, has features we don't use"

What do you like best?

Time clock keeps track of breaks and work time, has overtime calculations for payroll and is generally sufficient for our needs. Schedule visual view and editing is fairly straight forward and intuitive when used for it's basic functionality.

It has a mobile app, which is great for clocking in and out, but requires internet to even launch, so as long as I'm connected, that's ok.

I really appreciate the ability to see the shifts in a time line to view how well we've established 24/7 coverage for our support teams.

What do you dislike?

Auto filling of shifts has no true algorithm, which means we cannot use it. Stat holidays and tracking day off requests isn't as smooth as we would like, given our employees are all over the world (variety of timezones).

We were promised g-suite integration, which is not available at all.

The support team has tried to help us with the holidays for international employees several times, and they often don't seem like they have updated information on our previous conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do not have the robust timezone support that we were sold on originally, but no one else really does either.

It's way better than trying to manage a google calendar for our 25+ employees! It does give a standardized way for shift trades and leave requests to be submitted by employees, which is becoming more important as we grow.

Humanity review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Humanity has been an indispensable asset to managing our staff!"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user-friendly and intuitive. I'm still learning more and more about the software that allows us to operate more efficiently and get everyone the time on and off the clock they need. We recently implemented the Leave feature, and it's literally decluttered my workspace as a result. Being able to receive notifications on my phone and in email has been a big help so that I'm aware of what's going on at all times - even when I'm away from the office.

What do you dislike?

My only "complaint" is that sometimes I get caught in a bit of a loop when scheduling. I'll see duplicate shifts entered for a given employee or lose certain set filters. I'm not sure if this is user error, or a known issue, but it's easily remedied by refreshing the page. Other than that, a copy/paste feature would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform to manage your employee's schedules, look no further! Incredibly easy, cross-platform tool that saves so much time.

As our business has grown, we've had more and more need for streamlining some of our processes. Moving from pen and paper to Humanity has been a godsend, and takes a lot of time off of my plate when scheduling. More time to spend on other things means more whiskey being sold! The platform is also empowering to our team so that they are able to initiate things themselves without having to speak to a manager face to face.

Humanity review by Chantel L.
Chantel L.

"Review of Humanity (ShiftPlanning)"

What do you like best?

I like the new clean dashboard and icons. I also like the features available. It's just hard to find them. The features are not categorized effectively.

What do you dislike?

The group separation and permissions are not the best and the explanation of each is not clear. For example : a scheduler, a supervisor, a manager, and an admin. A manager can go in and delete all shifts in the system. There's way too much access. I have everyone who approves schedules, regardless of title, listed as a supervisor to limit. The UI could use a little but more organization once you get passed the dashboard.

Support is spotty and you may not receive help within a good time frame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend Humanity as is. Needs a bit of organizational improvements.

Keeping schedules in one location. Would like to utilize shiftplanning more to send messages to the teams and to track actual attendance and not just the schedules.

Humanity review by Allison G.
Allison G.

"Saving Invaluable Time"

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface, quick processing/calculations, affordable rate for not-for-profits. I'm admittedly only using a small portion of the software's capabilities but it's great for what I need it for!

What do you dislike?

Humanity's meal break rules don't coincide with ours so I had to get a little creative with how they're entered, as another position, then I deduct it myself from the total hours worked... It's an extra step but it's still much easier than setting up my own spreadsheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth taking the time to investigate all of the services Humanity has to offer to see if it will be beneficial for your business. We are only using a small percentage of its services because other systems, such as payroll, had already been established for such a long time and they were already working efficiently. We are a small team, with four full-time staff members in our department and up to 20 part-time hourly employees who are called in as-needed for anywhere from 2 hours to 12, depending on the show. Many Humanity's services are not needed, but the time-tracking software (formerly ShiftPlanning), has saved me countless hours trying to calculate hours worked for my crew. I can't imagine trying to reformat a spreadsheet for every show - we have over 200 in a year!

I solve scheduling conflicts *much* faster now and it's *much* easier to avoid over-time.

Humanity review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"Efficient Scheduler "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the app designed does not skip a beat with what it features. It makes writing a schedule and keeping your staff satisfied easy since they can reach it on their phone at any time. I also enjoy the notes feature on each shift where I can list what to wear/address details.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to set shifts in a drop down when I start typing one in. I know I can set recurring shifts but I would like to see a drop down option. I would also like to be able to put in the meal/break without having to break up into multiple shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program with support always available for a quick chat if needed!

My staff is able to request their time and availability and without delay I am able to keep record of those requests. I have been able to keep the staff happy with consistency that can sometimes be missed with human error.

Humanity review by Cody A.
Cody A.

"Timeclocking made easy!"

What do you like best?

I love the time clocking and schedule feature. My employees, regarding of location, can simply grab their phone to clock in and out. To make the schedules every week, I just drag and drop blocks, it takes 20 minutes! I also love that I can white-brand everything with my own company logo, it makes us look extremely professional!

What do you dislike?

I do not like the vacation and time off module. I would love an option to just click and say "ok this employee is off on this day".. the availability module is also extremely glichty. We need more flexibility with the shiftplanning system, We need to be able to click on someones visual view and instead of inserting a shift, instert time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use the modules you need, no need to use everything if you dont need it.

We are solving our scheduling, payroll, timeclocking and training problems with Humanity! The reports generator is awesome because I can generate employee-specif reports to review performance.

Humanity review by User

"Humanity is amazing its the best thing ive ever used. "

What do you like best?

The strongest methods of shift planning are the many ways for communicating when a worker is to work, when policy changes or other changes at work that need to be quickly and easily assimilated to all employees and when notifications need to be sent to just individuals. All of this communicate can be managed in shift planning. workers can set up their cellphone for notifications.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i really don't like about humanity. Everything about humanity is perfect and would recommend this product to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The business problems im solving is none, A worker can elect to be notified via email and/or text prior to their shift starting. Workers can access ShiftPlanning from any device since this a cloud-based service. Workers are able to make vacation requests ahead of time, even when there is nothing posted for the actual schedule yet. We would recommend a 2-week requirement for this type of request.

Humanity review by Deborah D.
Deborah D.

"Hands down the best scheduling tool!"

What do you like best?

Humanity has so many ways to schedule staff and make shifts available for them to pick up. We run a 24/7 operation and need staff around the clock. With all the available filters it's easy to visualize who is on shift, who's off, and who is available in case we need to call in reinforcements. Things are generally pretty intuitive and well-placed so that even non-Millenials should only have a short learning curve!

Employee permission levels are easy to tweak individually, so everyone is only seeing what's appropriate.

And that's only scratching the surface - our branch doesn't use the Payroll capabilities, Time Clock, or Training modules (although we've experimented with this and it's awesome so far), but only because our wider organization has its own tools for that. Even so, especially for round-the-clock workplaces, this is a seriously invaluable tool for scheduling.

What do you dislike?

The app is built with the Employee in mind - not the Manager. You can't do a lot of back-end organizing on there.

Some of the settings can initially be harder to find.

I would also like to see easier-to-access tutorials and webinars for beginners. As the Administrator it often falls on me to direct newer staff to resources which can help them, because they tend to be a little harder to find, on a separate website.

People know when their shifts are, and they can check it from home or their phone.

Our on-call staffers can pick up shifts themselves, without us always having to do call outs. It puts a lot of the power back in their hands.

On-call staff have easy options and clear expectations for telling us when they're able to come in and when they are not. It has made communication so much easier.

"Humanity is the best!"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend Humanity

Humanity review by Jacobson M.
Jacobson M.

"Humanity helps manage people!"

What do you like best?

Humanity makes it easy to plan shifts, and in a manger's setting, keep track of those shifts. The software is an excellent addition to our stack and provides an exception workplace for all our shifted workers.

What do you dislike?

Humanity has a bit if a learning curve, and is a bit outdated, but nonetheless once proficient, gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is an excellent shift planner and is easy to use once learned.

Humanity helps me keep track of who is on, off, or scheduled for their shift and with who. This helps me be more efficient with my planning.

"The best thing ever"

Administrator in Higher Education

"A system still finding it's way"

What do you like best?

What I love about Humanity is the ease of navigation through the system. The primary interface is nice, clean, and informative about your office staff, both who's present, who might be missing, and what's coming up.

I also really enjoy using the ShiftPlanning module, as it is a simple, clean way or working that's easily replicated out to other weeks of your semester.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Humanity is really what's still in process. Since Humanity and ShiftPlanning merged, they've undergone a lot of changes, which in my opinion, can't keep happening fast enough. The LMS (Training) module is still really buggy, and a lot of the little quirks of the system seem to perplex the support team. The other major issue I have with Humanity is a lack of clear development plan. I've been waiting for a while for them to improve their feature request system, to be better about communication, etc. and it's not happening. In fact, my office has had so many weird little issues with the training module (it's just advanced enough to meet our needs, but buggy, unlike most other LMSs), that we've abandoned the built in training module for another free LMS that allows us greater flexibility and compliance. There's also a timecard system built in, but there's no ability for us to associate account numbers so that our reports can just be handed straight to our payroll office. Since there's no reliable way to request the feature improvement, and no indication of any future plans, we just turned the time tracking off. We're really only using it now for making a schedule (which does beg the question - is it worth it?).

There's also no ability on employee schedules to create different types of leave or standing appointments (like lunch breaks).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider carefully what your core needs are and if this service meets your needs.

Our office is one that employs a LOT of part-time workers (we're a college IT Office). Unfortunately, almost all of these systems are designed around retail worker experience, and don't really apply to us. There are several things that we've hijacked to make things better. Our main business problem we solve with Humanity is scheduling over 40 people.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Scheduling & Time Clock"

What do you like best?

I love the staff scheduling wizard and flexibility for my staff. They are able to trade shifts, block out their class schedules and request vacation time making my job in scheduling them so much easier. The reports that are able to be pulled for when they clock in and clock out are ourstanding and give us a great idea of how much we are spending in labor dollars because I put their pay rate on their account.

What do you dislike?

I wish the report for finding what times they are all available worked a bit easier and had better detail similar to how systems like Doodle work and look.

We have both scheduling and timeclock in one system which is AWESOME. I also love the apps as much as my students do. It helps keep them responsible for their shifts and it is always in the palm of our hands.

Humanity review by Administrator

"Makes it easy to manage staffers with all different availabilities and varying weekly schedules"

What do you like best?

Being able to use a mix of the repeated shifts vs. building shifts individually as needed. I can pre-build a bunch of shifts during a slow week and keep them unpublished until I am ready to fill them and publish.

What do you dislike?

It can definitely be glitchy. Sometimes I try to add or remove someone from a shift and hit save, and the change isn't saved so I have to re-do it much more slowly so it saves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay organized and communicate clearly with staff how they are expected to use it so they are not lazy about it.

Each of our 20+ employees has a completely different schedule, so it's very useful to have a tool where they can each enter their unique availability and future conflicts (a mix of repeated and one-off instances). I also like the shift trade capabilities, but think there's room for improvement there.

Humanity review by Cory W.
Cory W.

"Humanity Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ease in which employees are able to schedule themselves. I create the time blocks and how many slots are available and release it to all of the employees who then go and start grabbing the available shifts. Works great when there are close to 300 drivers that I directly manage.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we had at first was the lag time. We have over 3000 delivery drivers that utilise our account which caused significant lag time, however Humanity worked with us and divided the drivers in different buckets and has significantly improved.

Scheduling, and keeping track of hours clocked for payroll.

Humanity review by David A.
David A.

"Great Software for Efficient Scheduling"

What do you like best?

The Shift Planning function makes scheduling a breeze. Being able to filter all my different locations with a click of a button has made the my life so much easier!

What do you dislike?

I find the process of assigning permissions a bit cumbersome and confusing. I eventually got the hang of it but was a little frustrated for a few days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Humanity to a company that needs to manage scheduling and pay role in one convenient location

My biggest problem that Humanity addresses is instant communication to employees about their schedules and changes made to them. I especially like that it gives my employees a portal to request time off and switch shifts with others.

Humanity review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Fast & Easy Employee Scheduling!"

What do you like best?

The system is very advanced and easy to navigate. The customer service is absolutely exceptional. If you ever need help with anything their customer service gets back to you almost instantly.

What do you dislike?

I have encountered quite a few glitches with the phone app from the management/owners side. It seems as though there are still bugs being worked out on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic software! I highly recommend to anyone looking to upgrade to a more high-tech, all encompassing system!

Our payroll processing expirence has been greatly improved in terms of time spent and ease. It's also been great having the ability to have our employees acknowledge their shifts which is a problem in my industry (banquet catering).

Humanity review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Having a web based platform for employees to sign into from a tablet, phone, or computer makes clocking in easy. A lot of times, we're clocking into jobs somewhere other than our office. So being able to access the app in almost any location is a definite plus.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice if there were some way to make clocking in and out a little faster for employees when needing to share one device to clock in.

We primarily use Humanity for time tracking. Having access to all the employees hours in one place makes payroll easier.

Humanity review by Samuel S.
Samuel S.

"Helpful, but sometimes inconvenient"

What do you like best?

I like that it provides many different options for how to contact employees and communicate necessary messages. Scheduling software benefits the most from using effective communication tools, and Humanity certainly has those.

What do you dislike?

The developers seem to be constantly patching the software and making small updates, which means that changes happen that are unexpected. When something changes, even if it's for the better, over a hundred employees have to relearn that particular detail. Additionally, new bugs are constantly being introduced and patched out, and this is often more of an inconvenience than what was being changed in the first place.

As a college restaurant, the employees are comprised almost entirely from work-study students. This means that for a small restaurant, we have nearly 200 employees, each working less than 15 hours a week while prioritizing classes over work, and we have about a 50% turnover rate each year. Having an enormous and complex schedule for such a small restaurant requires an intuitive and fluid program.

Humanity review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"ShiftPlanning through Humanity is simple and user friendly."

What do you like best?

We just use the ShiftPlanning capability through Humanity, but it is awesome. It is such a simple process to create shifts, modify shifts, and add employees to those shift. The ability to send notification of shifts via email and have our employees post their availability online is invaluable. We previously used spreadsheets to track this information, so this is a huge step up from what we had.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing about Humanity that I dislike. The ShiftPlanning capability within the system is very simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We only use the ShiftPlanning capability of the system, but Humanity is definitely an easy product to implement and utilize. I assume that the other capabilities within the system are as user-friendly. I would without at doubt recommend Humanity (at least the ShiftPlanning capability) to any company that doesn't have their own internal system for planning shifts for hundreds of workers nationwide.

We have between 200-500 part time as needed employees that are available at various times. Multi-shift planning for hundreds of part-time as needed employees at multiple geographic locations for multiple shifts is how we use the system. The benefit of ShiftPlanning through Humanity is that the system notifies our the employees of availble shifts in multiple locations across the country, and they can let us know their availability by signing up online. Then we can determine what gaps we need to fill in to complete the shift assignments.

Humanity review by Administrator

"Easy to use with some glitches"

What do you like best?

The best part of Humanity is the ease of viewing the schedule. When printing the schedule it is great that there are various options to select from. The software has helped our accounting and payroll department compare to clock in/out, to ensure employees are not taking advantage. The software makes it easy to prevent over scheduling someone and to not schedule them outside of their availabilitly.

What do you dislike?

The software is glitchy. It switches views on you when you don't desire it. The settings are often hidden within other settings. There is not a feature which allows a shift to end at "cut" or "close" - it forces a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great for those who have a larger number of varied job descriptions. We were also able to break ours out into different portals for the various departments within the company which helped a lot.

Sometimes the glitches in viewing make it hard to get the schedule done quickly and hard to view an accurate schedule on the mobile device.

Humanity review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"What we needed for scheduling."

What do you like best?

The Wizard! The system for filling in the schedule is so easy and time efficient. Also the accessibility that is available to all employees.

What do you dislike?

We've been using it for about 2 years now, and it has been a bit challenging to work with the updates that have gone through. We create "how to" documents for new employees that include "vacation" as a tab for them to use...then shift planning changes it's name to humanity AND changes a lot of the nomenclature within the program (vacation is now "leave"). Now our training documents are out of date and need to be updated.

We used to use an arcaic method of schedule making. It involved an excel spreadsheet, and posting the schedule on the fridge in our restaurant. You had to come in to find out when you were working next, and who it was with. Now everyone has online access to their schedules, and schedule makers can adjust them as needed. Vacation and time off is clearly kept track of, and it's very easy to craft next month's schedule. Humanity took what was 3 different documents (personal availability, vacation requests, and the actual schedule), and consolidated everything into one easy to manage system.

Humanity review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Staffing Woes - No More"

What do you like best?

Humanity allows us to see who is working anytime/anywhere as a live schedule. As our staffing needs and offsite facilities grew it became too difficult to manage through excel spreadsheets. It has virtually eliminated frantic, last minute shift coverage as we cover our shifts much faster with much less effort. The ability for staff to pick up shifts on the fly his a huge perk with our 17-25 year old staff group. They also love the app!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes features are added in beta and taken away. It can be confusing for managers/supervisors to learn new functions when they appear and disappear. We also very much dislike the availability function as it does not work for our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only word of caution is have as few hands in the 'pot' as possible. There is no audit trail in this program, so if someone deletes something (even if by accident) it is gone with no record of who did it or why.

Our staff all have an equal shot at picking up shifts. It has eliminated 'picking favorites' so to speak. Our staff love being able to stay organized through the app and our supervisors love the quickly accessible contact list.

Humanity review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Clean with great support, but sometimes time-consuming"

What do you like best?

The design is clean and there's a lot of flexibility in notification settings. Support is prompt and helpful despite a few broken links caused by a recent change to their help center. Compared to other scheduling systems I've used, Humanity is easy to start using immediately.

What do you dislike?

Creating schedules still isn't a lot of fun. Humanity doesn't require a lot of setup (e.g. creating schedule templates, business hours, forecasts) but this leads to repeating yourself a lot and doesn't scale well. Modifying repeating schedules that a lot of employees share can be a pain. For example, there's no way to clear someone's shifts for the day all at once. If you're creating schedules that include someone who has already requested vacation in the future, for instance, you need to manually remove them from each individual schedule unit for every day of their vacation. It takes 3 clicks to remove someone from a single shift. If they've taken a week off and have two unique duties every day, that's 2 * 5 * 3 = 30 clicks just to clear a single person's vacation days again. Removing shifts during vacation time should take between 0-1 clicks for the whole org. On the plus side, shifts will automatically be cleared if someone requests vacation after being scheduled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Humanity works best when you have a small team of people to schedule, and need the flexibility to easily schedule different times each week. I don't think it's efficient enough to handle more than a couple dozen schedules without a dedicated scheduling analyst.

I'm using Humanity to keep track of schedules. Previously, it was just ShiftPlanning — we use other platforms for other HR things. Since our schedules are mostly static, we're not seeing all the benefits that someone with more erratic schedules might.

Humanity review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Good, but not great"

What do you like best?

Humanity continues to make user-friendly and intuitive improvements for the end user.

What do you dislike?

Login sessions are not securely authenticated and allow browser cookie and cache spoofing. Developers refuse to make improvements to the QuickBooks export feature for confirmed timesheets, requiring me to export the csv and manually manipulate the information to be imported to QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing Edition with data placed in the proper fields. Employee timesheets should apply mid-shift position changes to the appropriate time periods rather than applying both positions to the entire shift. Employee rest and meal periods are not calculated in accordance with Oregon State laws and will deduct paid time that an employee has worked if they miss a break or clock back in early. Overtime rules are not made possible for Oregon manufacturing companies based on percentage of time in position and time worked in a shift excluding unpaid meal periods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely suggest that others take advantage of a trial and have a small subset of employees use it for a week as their sole timeclock system. Play around with the scheduling features, task assignments, and payroll report processing.

Employees are able to clock in and out from their shifts and breaks, paying employees for only time worked. Previously we only used paper time sheets and relied on employee's guestimates for the amount of time they were on break or when they clocked in or out. This type of rounding amounts to a 2-3% approximate increase in payroll costs. With payroll expenses being the #1 expense for our company, it is critical to control costs where possible and keep our employees paid for the time they work.

"Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

I like the template scheduling and being able to assign job roles to associates per day. I like the GPS identifier as well that comes along with being able to clock in and out with the convenience of their mobile devices. I also love that I can see if someone has viewed their schedule.

What do you dislike?

I would like more ability to be able to track when they're late based on our parameters (i.e. 5 minutes is late and leaving early isn't a problem). I'd also like to be able to have a more robust scheduled vs. actual report. It would be nice if we could have an assigned work station for people to clock in and out as well for times we want to switch off the GPS portion (heavy temp times).

We have resolved the issue of people not tracking their time and inventing hours. The biggest benefits have been uniform communication with employees and something we're starting now - tracking dollar labor for part-timers to better measure our performance.

Humanity review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Overall, pretty good scheduling platform"

What do you like best?

I use Humanity to store training modules and keep track of training modules. It's easy to see who has completed the training and who has not. I also use the shiftplanning section to maintain our 24/7 shift schedule. It's easy to repeat schedules, add and remove employees from schedules.

What do you dislike?

When creating recurring shifts, you cannot easily extend these shifts (you have to create a new one at the future end date, which I don't always remember!). There is no way to see when a recurring shift is set to end, so you need to keep checking on the schedule regularly. This is a hassle for someone in my position, where major shift changes only happen once or twice per year. The training modules also have a lot of potential to be much better. A few things I have noticed are, employees cannot submit multiple assignments/comments to one module, so if one piece is wrong, they have to be completely denied and upload everything again. The training modules have a very limited amount of formatting capabilities. You can copy and paste text from other places, such as Word, and the format may carry over and work, however, you may see code and broken format saved into the module later (now...or maybe the 3rd or 4th time you've save it, even if it worked before). Uploading images to the training module is very archaic -- you cannot resize the image other than knowing the exact pixel dimensions of the image. Also, employees typically take days off that they do not request vacation for. There's no way to edit the amount of days they take vacation off. You just have to make sure the employee gets it right, which is NOT easy to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the training module sections more developed and test them more thoroughly. I know they are in BETA mode, however, no changes have been made to this area since before Shiftplanning turned into Humanity. It was really disappointing not to see improvements here. Also, it would be helpful to be able to know when a repeating shift is scheduled to end and be able to extend that repeating shift, rather than have to create a new one. Other calendaring platforms can do this and for this reason alone, we have considered moving off of the Humanity platform.

We're trying to solve the problems of making sure we have 24/7 employee coverage and ensure all employees have successfully completed all training requirements.

Humanity review by Brittany C.
Brittany C.

"Scheduling Made Easier"

What do you like best?

This software is very user friendly and we have utilized it to coordinate scheduling with multiple departments. It's very easy to create new events and schedule staff, and staff can also schedule themselves. The new app for employees also has a better layout and all of our staff has been able to use it without trouble.

What do you dislike?

I don't believe there's anything that stands out that we dislike. We were looking for a way to schedule programs that was easy to see and that allowed our staff to sign up for shifts on their own, and this program has accomplished that for us.

Staff are able to sign themselves up for open shifts without having to go back and forth in emails with supervisors about who can take which shift. Everyone has equal access to the calendar, so it's very easy to determine who signed up first, and those of us managing the calendar can easily approve the appropriate staff. It's also beneficial for logging part-time hours

Humanity review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"A Basic System"

What do you like best?

The system is basic and, as result, it is easy to add new employees, schedule, create new locations, etc. Team members may update their profiles to include phone numbers, photographs and other personal details making it a resource I, sometimes, use.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard and tabs do not allow a natural transitioning from one function to another. Pulling reports is painful - there are too many and often with similar names, making it difficult to find what you need if you use it irregularly. As an example, there are many reports that can be pulled up under timesheets. It would be better to rename them to reflect their end purpose i.e. time sheet - payroll manefest.

Additionally, there is no cross functionality... I can not add sales, employee banking information, etc. Many functions or information (i.e. attendance record) serve little purpose considering there are no HR functions tied to it.

You may add training modules for team members to review, complete and cite.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Limited and unhelpful in schedule creation. "

What do you like best?

I appreciate how Humanity helps facilitates the process for shift changes, monitoring the budget, and compiling employee information (under their profiles).

What do you dislike?

To be blunt, Humanity presents the schedule in an ugly format. We have many overlapping but different shifts and the system's set-up does not cleanly or nicely present the information we need to create a schedule from scratch. Downloading availability is clunky and our employees find inputting their availability to be either confusing or tedious, it is not intuitive. Additionally the shift trades or changes lack an ability to track the history (the note an employee writes as to why their shift is changing is lost once the shift change is approved). Overall it lacks functionality for what our office actually needs and I would actively tell my colleagues in higher education/student management to not use it (at least if they have a complex and dynamic student staff).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better way to collect availability and see all availability in a visual manner rather than numerically. Cleaner way to view the schedule and multiple roles at the same time. Ways to track history of a shift to include notes from students changing shifts and/or ability for an administrator to add comments before approving a shift trade.

It more efficiently collects budget information and streamlines shift changes. Before this process was manual.

Humanity review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Easy to use & big time-saver"

What do you like best?

I like being able to make the schedule without consulting various notes on employee availability. This platform puts the responsibility into the employees' hands to make sure they enter availability and find employees to cover this shifts when needed. It's also a great platform for communicating with employees whether individually or as a group.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I particularly dislike.

I am saving a lot of time with scheduling. There aren't any issues with someone not knowing if they're scheduled. It puts the responsibility for managing attendance on the employees. I also like the feature where they have to confirm their shift - that way there's no room for error.

Humanity review by Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.

"Cut over 8-10 hours off my week "

What do you like best?

I use to schedule freelance carpenters through email. Send out call information to A team members, see if they can work, if they can't then I'd go to the next tier. It was a lot of back and forth. With shiftplanning I post the shift, people request to work it then I fill the call. I LOVE how much time it has saved me.

Also really like how it keeps track of people who didn't show up for a shift or were late.

-Simple to use

-I'm not using it to the full capacity, just basic scheduling, has a lot more to offer.

What do you dislike?

-All the emails it sends. Employees have to adjust their settings.

-Training topics badge on the homepage.

-That Admin can't log into shiftplanning via their phone and approve shift requests

Recommendations to others considering the product

For freelance employees I like how they tell me what they can work instead of other scheduling programs where the employee has to constantly update if they are available that day.

You can track your employees hours to prevent overtime and you can see your weekly totals (employees, cost and time)

There is a lot you can do with this program, I just haven't dug into it as much as I could.

-Before I had a lot of room for error.

-I've added more time to my week to be more productive in other areas

Humanity review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"INTUITIVE AND USER FRIENDLY"

What do you like best?

Humanity is easy to use and built to cater to both tech-savvy individuals and to those who have little to no experience using employee management software.

What do you dislike?

They app seems to lag a bit and employees frequently comment on how it does not seem to clock them in and out consistently. The new app has proven to be much more effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initial set up is never easy, but this software is seamless and user-friendly. Embrace the tech.

Time. I am always running in different directions and humanity saves me a ton of time in scheduling and payroll. It also aids the employees in communicating shift changes or covering shifts they cannot work.

Humanity review by Allie S.
Allie S.

"I like humanity because it allows staff to pick up shifts."

What do you like best?

I like that I can look at all of my schedules at once and can filter by staff name as well. It really helps see who is available to work when someone calls in.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that open slots do not show up with open shifts at the top of the staff view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Humanity is a great tool to allow staff to pick up shifts without having to call/text them and also lets them easily see their schedules.

Finding staff available sooner because you can see easily what they are scheduled to work.

Humanity review by Colin C.
Colin C.

"Manage effectively"

What do you like best?

Being able to change shifts for employees and have them be notified automatically - and also allow them to shift exchange with each other has made our scheduling far less problematic.

The estimate of wages is great for budgeting our payroll per week.

Can't say enough about this app!

What do you dislike?

Training module could use more attention in order to facilitate training a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It's a jump, but once you start, it's an easy jump.

We solved out scheduling issues entirely. We are still working on the training aspects. Overall, communication with our staff is facilitated in a far more automated way, which has resolved a lot of issues.

Humanity review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Humanity helps me to be a better manager"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility it gives me and my staff to be able to check the schedule from our phones or home computers. It also makes my job easier, as it keeps track of all time sheets so that I do not have to.

What do you dislike?

We use the automatic sign out option for our employees. However, I wish that there was a way to keep the administrators logged in longer than the allotted time because it does get frustrating when I am working on the schedule for a long amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so worth the investment, everything is all in one place!

Scheduling, time tracking, communication and more.

Humanity review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"Planning shifts in your hospital"

What do you like best?

It is easy to leave a shift and to create your hospital setting in a day.

What do you dislike?

Spanish translation is poor. The app has lot of tags still in English, the automated e-mails are in English. It is not fully translated and there is a mixture of Spanglish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a need of better support for ADSF. It is not working properly with iOS.

There is a clear need of a better translation of the whole software into Spanish. We can only use the software with MD that speak English, but not with all my nurses (up to 2,000)

Hospital shifts at the emergency department and the neurology department.

Humanity review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Good so far - reliable and tons of features"

What do you like best?

Easy to create schedules. My guys can check it from anywhere. The ones who miss shifts can even get reminders and I can verify that they have acknowledged the shift - adding a layer of accountability.

What do you dislike?

Some intended shortcuts wind up adding time. I'd love to be able to copy a week of a specific employees schedule and paste it into another week - our previous humanity software did this before the merger.

making and checking the schedule across all stores is easy. easy to track time off and schedule requests.

Humanity review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Great Shiftplaninng Software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to approve timesheets and their auto-deduct rules for lunches. Customizeable features for however you want it to work for your company. Easy to differentiate departments schedules and timesheets, user friendly!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an approaching OT alert as an employee clocks in for their last shift of the week that also alerts managers a day or two prior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use for scheduling multiple departments, overviewing hours punched, easily able to make corrections, and scheduling time off.

Accuracy with punching in /out and time sheet reports.

Learn more about Humanity

Humanity Videos

Learning about Humanity?

* We monitor all Humanity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.